PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Electronic Pilot Logbook
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2019, 15:07
Intrance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EatMyShorts!
You may want to contact the people at mccPilotlog, they are helpful and will be happy to assist you, I guess.
Can not exactly share that sentiment. While I've been using mccPilotlog for years and have had almost no issues, I recently had to deal with their support and it was a pain. The software would not launch on multiple freshly installed Windows systems. Included in my first support request were error logs, an educated guess from my side and plenty of information. I had to go through about 6 cycles of completely unrelated questions, and just gave up when they wanted to set up a Teamviewer session because I knew it would be pretty hopeless.

If even one person who actually works with or on the software had taken a look at the error logs I sent the problem would have been solved in a single email. Instead I have to deal with incompetent support.

The issue turned out to be localization, the software didn't seem to recognize a Windows language setting that was different from EN-US, even though the system language itself was full English etc. Super easy fix for them to implement in the software, but due to their kind of hopeless support it probably won't be fixed anytime soon. Because even explaining the issue to them after I solved it, they still didn't understand. There was also supposed to be a new version (5.0) out at the end of 2017 but not a word about it in all of 2018. It feels to me like the actual developers are not in the house anymore and it's only given very basic updates.

So, while the software works, and works well for now, I'm not all that hopeful about continued support myself. Just something to think about for people still looking for the best solution.