PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)
-   -   All borders to reopen. (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/632861-all-borders-reopen.html)

Angle of Attack 17th Feb 2022 07:38

I find it ironic that yet again the WA outbreak was from a completely flawed hotel quarantine system, Jesus 2 years and still can’t get it right. I honestly believe politicians are in general completely useless. It’s sad but true.

BuzzBox 17th Feb 2022 16:17


Originally Posted by Angle of Attack (Post 11185479)
I find it ironic that yet again the WA outbreak was from a completely flawed hotel quarantine system, Jesus 2 years and still can’t get it right. I honestly believe politicians are in general completely useless. It’s sad but true.

Try some basic fact checking. The current outbreak in WA did not originate from the hotel quarantine system. It started with a returned traveller who entered WA from Tasmania on 2 January, when Tasmania was considered ‘medium risk’. The traveller was only required to do 14-days of self-isolation at a suitable premises, not hotel quarantine. The returned traveller tested positive some time after arriving in WA, but in the meantime had infected a casual contact who was out and about in the community.

Chad Gates 17th Feb 2022 21:22

The omicron outbreak started when a hotel Quarantine worker at the Pan pacific contracted it. I believe it was the next day, a security guard at the Hyatt also got omicron. It’s been bubbling along ever since. And now, it going crazy because most West Australians have had enough, and are spreading it through indifference.

BuzzBox 17th Feb 2022 22:08


Originally Posted by Chad Gates (Post 11185810)
The omicron outbreak started when a hotel Quarantine worker at the Pan pacific contracted it. I believe it was the next day, a security guard at the Hyatt also got omicron. It’s been bubbling along ever since. And now, it going crazy because most West Australians have had enough, and are spreading it through indifference.

If you bothered to read the updates provided by the Health Dept, you would know the two infected workers at the quarantine hotels did NOT cause a wider outbreak. All their close contacts were traced and isolated and either tested negative or were isolated while they were infectious. Genetic testing showed the outbreak that is now starting to accelerate originated with the returned traveller from Tasmania.

BuzzBox 17th Feb 2022 22:30


Originally Posted by dr dre (Post 11185360)
Actually WA has pulled ahead of all bar ACT and Tasmania on total shots, and is second placed behind ACT on boosters, and a fair bit above NSW and Queensland on boosters.

I don't know where the ABC pulls its data, but yesterday's WA Health Dept figures show the following:

First doses: 98.6% (ages 12 and over)
Second doses: 95.1% (ages 12 and over)
Third doses: 54.3% (ages 16 and over)

The third dose rate has been increasing at a little over 1% per day. If that continues, then around 70% of those aged 16 and over will have received a booster by the end of the first week in March.

An article in today's The West Australian claims that hospital workers were told in a presentation by WA's health bosses that the health system is "preparing for a short, sharp peak in infections from mid-March". They supposedly claimed that "West Australians are so heavily vaccinated against COVID that the State’s Omicron wave will potentially peak lower than anywhere else in Australia."
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/wa-he...7#coral_thread

StudentInDebt 18th Feb 2022 03:51


Originally Posted by BuzzBox (Post 11185839)
If you bothered to read the updates provided by the Health Dept, you would know the two infected workers at the quarantine hotels did NOT cause a wider outbreak. All their close contacts were traced and isolated and either tested negative or were isolated while they were infectious. Genetic testing showed the outbreak that is now starting to accelerate originated with the returned traveller from Tasmania.

You can prove anything with facts

tossbag 18th Feb 2022 04:03


"West Australians are so heavily vaccinated against COVID that the State’s Omicron wave will potentially peak lower than anywhere else in Australia."
Good luck with that.

Chad Gates 18th Feb 2022 05:24

Fair enough Buzz. I can’t find that, but I’ll take your word for it.

morno 18th Feb 2022 05:33

March 3, the new February 5

vne165 18th Feb 2022 06:07

Thank goodness...

PoppaJo 18th Feb 2022 06:22

When’s McGowan flying to Sydney to face off Clive? Good timing hey.

BuzzBox 18th Feb 2022 06:26


Originally Posted by PoppaJo (Post 11185948)
When’s McGowan flying to Sydney to face off Clive? Good timing hey.

McGowan is due to appear in court in Sydney between 26-28 Feb. He said during the press conference that he wants to avoid accusations like the one you're trying to make and he will therefore do the full 7 days of self-isolation at a hotel on his return from Sydney.

Maggie Island 18th Feb 2022 07:27

As good old George W once said after trapping on a carrier “mission accomplished”. Mods I think it’s time to put this thread out to pasture (along with the last two years…)

KRviator 18th Feb 2022 07:34


Originally Posted by morno (Post 11185938)
March 3, the new February 5

Which year???

Chronic Snoozer 18th Feb 2022 08:13


Originally Posted by KRviator (Post 11185968)
Which year???

This year, 2002.

aussieflyboy 18th Feb 2022 09:19

McGowan better bring a fresh shirt if flying commercially. I’ve heard there’s quite a substantial cash prize for the first cabin crew to nail him with a ‘spilled’ coffee.

vne165 18th Feb 2022 09:35

Aussie - where can I donate?

Turnleft080 18th Feb 2022 11:01


Originally Posted by KRviator (Post 11185968)
Which year???

Funny you should say that. My dads record collection contains a 7 inch vinyl single released by RCA records of Zager & Evans "In the year 2525". When someone mentions WA or MM, I think of that one hit wonder. It's in my head.

morno 18th Feb 2022 17:15


Originally Posted by KRviator (Post 11185968)
Which year???

Lets not be too specific :E

SHVC 18th Feb 2022 20:25

Welcome back to the West! Headline in todays Australian. Should be The West rejoins Australia and the world. Bunch of muppets that government is.


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:47.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.