Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

QF mandates Vaccine

Old 20th Sep 2021, 06:48
  #521 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Oz
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vaccination will become the standard and no more controversial than random drug and alcohol testing.
But it shouldn’t have been left up to QF , it should have been mandated by government.
Unfortunately they are weak as p$ss.
Either way , very soon you wont be travelling anywhere domestically or internationally without being double vaxxed.
There will be lots of side benefits. You wont get stuck next to an antivaxxer on a 14 hour flight.
Or in a restaurant in Victoria or NSW.
Plus the population of antivaxxers will be rapidly self limiting once we open up after 80% vaccination levels.
So look on the bright side !
Grumpy retiree is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2021, 10:29
  #522 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,728
Likes: 0
Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ScepticalOptomist
Thats the point of being vaccinated - so I donít get it..
Because no vaccine is 100% effective.

Originally Posted by ScepticalOptomist
The BS about it not being a selfish act is just that! Vaccines are for YOU to stay safe. Like a seatbelt.
It's like a seat belt that stops you crashig the car in the first place, to the relief of your passengers and innocent by-standers.
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2021, 17:01
  #523 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: overthere
Posts: 3,020
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone ever notice how all followers of the anti vaxx cult all independently came up with the catch phrase, follow the money? With implications that the big bad pharma companies are chipping us, sterilizing us while stealing our money?

Well, since we now live in a world where scientific data is poo pooed and YouTube and face book are the only approved news sources by the cults Supreme leaders. I too have a conspiracy. It goes a little like this:

Why are all big pharma not treated the same by the cult? Have you noticed that the big pharma company Merck, the maker of Ivermectin is not on the bad boy list? This even after they have said they wouldn't even feed that stuff to their Bogan mother in law to treat covid as it doesn't work!!! (Well their website might not mention Bogan mother in law, but it does say it doesn't work. This is why they are not trailing it to prove its a miracle drug)!!!

The only answer is, follow the money. As we know, all cults only exist to control people and make them do weird shite. And as well as demeaning their followers, they also take their money. So supreme leader, and his mates must be heavily invested in Merck. They are uprampers for the stock and down rampers of the opposition. Clever or what?

My sources come from exactly the same place where proof that all vaccines are experimental and are activated by 5G networks came from. So it's pretty damn solid.

I see the USA will allow non resident visitors from Europe and the UK starting Nov. Their requirements are pretty much the same as those already in place in Europe. That being proof of double vaccination and a negative PCR test done within 3 days of travel.

Anti vaxx cult members are being swept into a pretty small corner. They don't believe they are the minority. They don't believe that no-one cares if they can't have the same freedoms of the vaccinated in the future. For some their decisions now will be life changing. It's an incredibly sad state of affairs. But as always happens, group needs will take priority over their minority individual needs. That is how society works.

I do sincerely hope it works out for them. But I am sick of hearing their shite.
donpizmeov is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2021, 21:19
  #524 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: East of Westralia
Posts: 594
Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Wizofoz
Because no vaccine is 100% effective.

It's like a seat belt that stops you crashig the car in the first place, to the relief of your passengers and innocent by-standers.
Of course - but weíre not trying to have zero sickness or death are we?

The vaccine may or may not be effective at preventing transmission - but itís pretty effective at preventing major illness or death. Ie itís a seatbelt.

Donít be confused by the messaging.
ScepticalOptomist is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2021, 22:29
  #525 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,728
Likes: 0
Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ScepticalOptomist
Of course - but weíre not trying to have zero sickness or death are we?

The vaccine may or may not be effective at preventing transmission - but itís pretty effective at preventing major illness or death. Ie itís a seatbelt.

Donít be confused by the messaging.
It is very much about both. Even the troubling data from Israel, much touted by the anti-vax crowd- showed that at worst those vaccinated had a 50% lower infection rate after six months pre-booster, and back to high 90s after. So it's the automatic braking AND the seatbelt- less likely to get it, not as bad when you do.
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2021, 23:16
  #526 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Oz
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Don said…….
Grumpy retiree is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2021, 23:31
  #527 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 358
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by donpizmeov
Anyone ever notice how all followers of the anti vaxx cult all independently came up with the catch phrase, follow the money? With implications that the big bad pharma companies are chipping us, sterilizing us while stealing our money?
I suspect most anti-vaxxers don't question big pharma's money trail when it comes to chemotherapy drugs etc.

AstraZeneca made the decision early on to supply their covid vaccine at no profit to the company during the pandemic. I have no doubt the anti-vaxxers can twist that into their narrative also.

This website should be mandatory viewing by all anti-vaxxers:
https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

You seriously couldn't make this stuff up, it's so daft: "I don't know where [the virus] came from"
https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/post...-died-of-covid

Last edited by Stickshift3000; 20th Sep 2021 at 23:38. Reason: More info
Stickshift3000 is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2021, 04:58
  #528 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: At Home
Posts: 363
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Wizofoz
It is very much about both. Even the troubling data from Israel, much touted by the anti-vax crowd- showed that at worst those vaccinated had a 50% lower infection rate after six months pre-booster, and back to high 90s after. So it's the automatic braking AND the seatbelt- less likely to get it, not as bad when you do.
The Anti-Vaxx crowd using Data from countries such as Israel fail to realise the Data actually supports the Vaccines. I would expect it from the usual mouth breathers on Social media, but I've been totally gobsmacked at how many Pilots completely fail to correctly interpret the data. When comparing Deaths or Hospitalization numbers of Vax vs Unvaxxed you need to account for the Population size of each group. Simply saying X% are Vaxx and Y% are not is a completely meaningless statistic.

This is a month or so old now, but worth a read for those who need a refresher on their High School Statistics:
https://www.covid-datascience.com/po...vEgR99nEB_2U44
ElZilcho is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2021, 05:03
  #529 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Oz
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElZilcho
The Anti-Vaxx crowd using Data from countries such as Israel fail to realise the Data actually supports the Vaccines. I would expect it from the usual mouth breathers on Social media, but I've been totally gobsmacked at how many Pilots completely fail to correctly interpret the data. When comparing Deaths or Hospitalization numbers of Vax vs Unvaxxed you need to account for the Population size of each group. Simply saying X% are Vaxx and Y% are not is a completely meaningless statistic.

This is a month or so old now, but worth a read for those who need a refresher on their High School Statistics:
https://www.covid-datascience.com/po...vEgR99nEB_2U44
Please donít assume that all contributors are professional Pilots.
It , after all , is an open forum.
I , for one , hope and pray they are not.
Grumpy retiree is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2021, 05:18
  #530 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: At Home
Posts: 363
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Grumpy retiree
Please donít assume that all contributors are professional Pilots.
It , after all , is an open forum.
I , for one , hope and pray they are not.
On PPRuNe, absolutely.
Unfortunately, my reference to Pilots include those who wear the same uniform as I do and feel compelled to share their "facts" on the Flight Deck along with Company Q&A sessions...
ElZilcho is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2021, 05:24
  #531 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Oz
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElZilcho
On PPRuNe, absolutely.
Unfortunately, my reference to Pilots include those who wear the same uniform as I do and feel compelled to share their "facts" on the Flight Deck along with Company Q&A sessions...
Oh dear…..
Probably a good thing I’m retired.
Not sure I’d cope very well….
But , of course , the Left hand seat has always been something of a bully pulpit.
Something to be endured in the right hand seat.
And hopefully learnt from…..
And not repeat the behaviour once you’re there.

Last edited by Grumpy retiree; 21st Sep 2021 at 05:35.
Grumpy retiree is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2021, 06:01
  #532 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N/A
Posts: 5,247
Likes: 0
Received 157 Likes on 74 Posts
Anyone ever notice how all followers of the anti vaxx cult all independently came up with the catch phrase, follow the money? With implications that the big bad pharma companies are chipping us, sterilizing us while stealing our money?
One would hope all those anti vaxxers who do end up with covid don't attend hospital for treatment, I mean, they're probable start consuming products forced upon them by medical science and be contributing to the profits of big pharma, and taking up beds in ICU that could have been put to better use.
megan is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2021, 06:12
  #533 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Oz
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by megan
One would hope all those anti vaxxers who do end up with covid don't attend hospital for treatment, I mean, they're probable start consuming products forced upon them by medical science and be contributing to the profits of big pharma, and taking up beds in ICU that could have been put to better use.
Its not without precedent that Doctors prioritise treatment to those who have made reasonable steps to protect themselves.
Some surgeons require patients to give up smoking before surgery that may have an unacceptable risk.
No vaccine no treatment ?
ICU units will be working out a protocol for post opening up as we speak.
Grumpy retiree is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2021, 08:35
  #534 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Doomadgee
Posts: 225
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
ICU units will be working out a protocol for post opening up as we speak.
Grumpy - that is simply not true.
Capn Rex Havoc is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2021, 08:45
  #535 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Oz
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Rex Havoc
Grumpy - that is simply not true.
Ya think ?
And you have been talking to who ?
Every ICU unit in the country knows that when we open up they will be swamped by unvaccinated patients.
Choices will have to be made.
Simple logistics.
Grumpy retiree is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2021, 08:59
  #536 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 223
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Rex Havoc
Grumpy - that is simply not true.
On what basis do you say that? A gut feel? Your years of experience in medicine or hospital administration? You state it with the confidence of a fact, when they have already done exactly that in the UK in previous surges, and in the USA. Even if it's just quietly considered and worked out as contingency plans by administrators working in back offices without publicity, it would be foolish not to have at least considered the potential outcomes, in the same way your QRH has checklists for almost every conceivable type of system failure without implying that you expect to have a Green HYD failure or landing gear malfunction.
De_flieger is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2021, 23:47
  #537 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,728
Likes: 0
Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Rex Havoc
Grumpy - that is simply not true.
If it's not a problem, then it won't be an issue right? You shouldn't be worried about being assigned a ventilatior because there's plenty to go around, right?
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2021, 23:59
  #538 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Doomadgee
Posts: 225
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Grumpy Retiree and DeFlieger - Give your vast ICU credentials to this forum.
I am working alongside the medical professionals, and they do not assess vaccination status when treating cases. If a patient is has covid like symptoms they will treat said patient as having covid until PCR tests can confirm otherwise.
Capn Rex Havoc is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2021, 00:40
  #539 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,728
Likes: 0
Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Rex Havoc
Grumpy Retiree and DeFlieger - Give your vast ICU credentials to this forum.
I am working alongside the medical professionals, and they do not assess vaccination status when treating cases. If a patient is has covid like symptoms they will treat said patient as having covid until PCR tests can confirm otherwise.
Now, sure. What happens when there are insufficient resources and SOMEONE has to miss out?
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2021, 00:45
  #540 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Oz
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Rex Havoc
Grumpy Retiree and DeFlieger - Give your vast ICU credentials to this forum.
I am working alongside the medical professionals, and they do not assess vaccination status when treating cases. If a patient is has covid like symptoms they will treat said patient as having covid until PCR tests can confirm otherwise.
No personal experience in the medical profession but plenty of family members who have and lots of discussions over the dinner table over the years. Apparently there is nothing scarier that working in an ICU that is running out of resources. Doctors then have to to make very hard decisions.
Grumpy retiree is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.