Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

All borders to reopen.

Old 5th Sep 2020, 12:19
  #1301 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 225
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All this talk about Sweden but do any of you live there.

1. the hospital system was never over run.
2. Population density is quite high around the cityís with mostly apartment living.
3. Rarely a mask in sight
4. the only industries effected are Hotels and Aviation.
5. The ďrightsĒ of the individual have been respected by the politicians and there is no political power plays or fear mongering unlike Australia.

but like everything in this world Australia thinks it knows best. Without a shadow of a doubt this virus was never bad enough for Armageddon. How about we just get on with it. The bats out of the bag.
Joker89 is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2020, 12:21
  #1302 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Melbourne,Vic,Australia
Posts: 423
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Also have to include deaths due to lack of medical treatment for example the MIL of a bloke at work. She had known heart problems and a recurrence of symptoms in April so to the Vic hospital. They tested her but refused anything else until the test results came back. Clear on covid but had died in the meantime.

How many will die early from lack of early cancer diagnosis? Expect that to be brushed under the carpet
Deaf is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2020, 12:23
  #1303 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1998
Location: The Swan Downunder
Posts: 1,118
Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts
I'll try and put some perspective on the arguments raised in this thread, lets reverse the argument. Government and Medical Industry at you. So you have an engine fire, big deal, it's only a small fire, not like a bush fire and the aircraft hasn't got many people on it, not like it's full, it's only a problem if the wing falls off and how often does that happen, near never, even it it does it's only 50 deaths. I mean who really cares, more people die on the roads than that. That's how medical people read your argument.
Xeptu is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2020, 12:48
  #1304 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Aust
Posts: 201
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
You should be careful about thinking you speak for all “medical people”.
You don’t, and there are a wide variety of opinions amongst them I can assure you.
rcoight is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2020, 12:53
  #1305 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1998
Location: The Swan Downunder
Posts: 1,118
Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by rcoight
You should be careful about thinking you speak for all ďmedical peopleĒ.
You donít, and there are a wide variety of opinions amongst them I can assure you.
Find me one and why do I need to be careful, your not.
Xeptu is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2020, 12:57
  #1306 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 916
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Joker89
All this talk about Sweden but do any of you live there.

1. the hospital system was never over run.
2. Population density is quite high around the cityís with mostly apartment living.
3. Rarely a mask in sight
4. the only industries effected are Hotels and Aviation.
5. The ďrightsĒ of the individual have been respected by the politicians and there is no political power plays or fear mongering unlike Australia.

but like everything in this world Australia thinks it knows best. Without a shadow of a doubt this virus was never bad enough for Armageddon. How about we just get on with it. The bats out of the bag.
Great you are here to explain the death toll.

P.S check your facts - yes they were over run and took several weeks to get PPE and ICU up to speed. After that they were not over run.

Rights were protected not respected read my prior post about the constitution and lock-down.

So schools for above 15, and all universities were not shut down?
Bend alot is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2020, 13:33
  #1307 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,030
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Itís going to be hard having Victoria opened by Xmas going off many of these draft roadmaps leaking around.

Victoria needs to get to Stage 1 before Interstate is allowed. Thatís weeks of zero cases.

Iím more worried about what seems to be the impossibility of getting to Stage 2 let alone 1. Getting to Stage 2 involves 2 weeks with an average of 5 cases a day. Not even Sydney is nailing that target at the moment let alone Melbourne having any chance.
wheels_down is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2020, 15:00
  #1308 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 361
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ragnor
The only reason there will be no demand for air travel is because the borders are closed. If air travel has not returned before two years QF VA REX and lot of other operators will cease to exist. The destruction will be a lot more than the loss of a few airlines as Iím sure you know. I do have a self interest you donít thatís why you donít care, soon will be a time when youíre directly affected then you might think a little different. My issue with it, all these premiers are doing the wrong thing they have broken rank and file to what was agreed in March. But, deep down like yourself they donít care. Cant blame them either they have their financial position and livelihood that is very secure as they ride off into the sunset with their pensions funded by your business and many other tax paying resident, some will even be gone before this is all over.
Xeptu is confusing demand with constrained capacity.
Lots of people want to fly right now but the airlines are being constrained by various authorities.

LapSap is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2020, 16:18
  #1309 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 225
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot
Great you are here to explain the death toll.

P.S check your facts - yes they were over run and took several weeks to get PPE and ICU up to speed. After that they were not over run.

Rights were protected not respected read my prior post about the constitution and lock-down.

So schools for above 15, and all universities were not shut down?
fact: more people died in December 1993 than April 2020.

if youíre so scared of death lock yourself away and let the rest of us live.
Joker89 is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2020, 20:59
  #1310 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Nz
Posts: 431
Likes: 0
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
fact: more people died in December 1993 than April 2020.

if you’re so scared of death lock yourself away and let the rest of us live
Very interesting. Where do you get info like that ? Was there a specific reason for Dec 93 being high? Ie a nasty war?
73qanda is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2020, 22:13
  #1311 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 565
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very interesting. Where do you get info like that ? Was there a specific reason for Dec 93 being high? Ie a nasty war?
Deaths registered per month

In Victoria, there were 600 more deaths in July of 2019 compared to July of this year, in the midst of a pandemic. Itíll be interesting to see the August figures. Media hyperbole indeed!
wishiwasupthere is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2020, 22:55
  #1312 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 709
Likes: 0
Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by wishiwasupthere
Deaths registered per month

In Victoria, there were 600 more deaths in July of 2019 compared to July of this year, in the midst of a pandemic. Itíll be interesting to see the August figures. Media hyperbole indeed!
Its hard to drown/fall off a roof/die in a car crash when everyone is locked inside their houses!
Climb150 is online now  
Old 5th Sep 2020, 23:51
  #1313 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Most locked down city in the world
Posts: 546
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come March next year Dan will announce "Ok my fellow Victorians no more lockdowns, the good news you can all get back to work."
Business will then announce to Dan "excuse me premier their are no more businesses left in Victoria, they have all gone to the wall."
Turnleft080 is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2020, 23:55
  #1314 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 916
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Climb150
Its hard to drown/fall off a roof/die in a car crash when everyone is locked inside their houses!
True but then there are demons.
Bend alot is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2020, 01:13
  #1315 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Oz
Posts: 306
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everytime I see the title of this thread I think "not this week".
clark y is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2020, 01:42
  #1316 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 225
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 73qanda
Very interesting. Where do you get info like that ? Was there a specific reason for Dec 93 being high? Ie a nasty war?
https://emanuelkarlsten.se/more-swed...pril-2020-why/
Joker89 is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2020, 01:44
  #1317 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Denmark
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
According to the girls (Medical) apparently not, it's a very common emerging issue. Not that I care personally, I'm retired, it's your medical certificate, your call., do whatever suits you.
So your [girls] are specialist in the field of virology or really is just their opinion! Donít answear I donít actually care.

I get the WA are not educated and are incapable like few other states of learning to live with the virus, like I said before soon it will affect you directly or someone close to you or a close friend and you will think different. Xmas will be the real test to the peopleís loyalty to these dictator premiers.

Iím educated enough by my states health system in what to do and how to keep living so I am happy to return to work wear a mask where appropriate increase personal hygiene etc as I donít want to send my country into the oblivion because this affects my kids future now.
Ragnor is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2020, 01:52
  #1318 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1998
Location: The Swan Downunder
Posts: 1,118
Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Ragnor
I get that WA are not educated and are incapable like few other states of learning to live with the virus, like I said before soon it will affect you directly or someone close to you or a close friend and you will think different. Xmas will be the real test to the peopleís loyalty to these dictator premiers.

Iím educated enough by my states health system in what to do and how to keep living so I am happy to return to work wear a mask where appropriate increase personal hygiene etc as I donít want to send my country into the oblivion because this affects my kids future now.
So does climate change and plastics in the ocean or is that just another thing you have your head up your arse over.
Xeptu is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2020, 02:10
  #1319 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Denmark
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now youíre changing the subject to something totally irrelevant. This is not a debate over plastics and climate change go join the Greta fan page for that.
Ragnor is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2020, 02:17
  #1320 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1998
Location: The Swan Downunder
Posts: 1,118
Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Ragnor
Now youíre changing the subject to something totally irrelevant. This is not a debate over plastics and climate change go join the Greta fan page for that.
It comes as no surprise you think the way you do, we blokes aren't good with change, especially major change and when you have been in command for a couple of decades. Hand over the reigns to the girls, you'll be surprised at how well they do and life won't be nearly as stressful.
Xeptu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.