PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh-3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

inOban
29th Mar 2020, 15:50
Rather to my surprise the scheduled Dusseldorf flight is operating. Just left DUS

Severn
30th Mar 2020, 08:54
easyJet
All 8x based EDI aircraft are planned to position to SEN today for storage (3x A319/5x A320)

wub
30th Mar 2020, 13:47
easyJet
All 8x based EDI aircraft are planned to position to SEN today for storage (3x A319/5x A320)

They are on their way

Sk1schoolsam
31st Mar 2020, 06:16
They are on their way

Why SEN in particular?

PDXCWL45
31st Mar 2020, 06:41
Why SEN in particular?
Probably cheap or free parking.

commit aviation
31st Mar 2020, 08:15
As mentioned on other threads, it’s more to do with logistics. Keeping the aircraft in a limited number of locations means the engineers can manage the fleet more effectively.

Red Four
31st Mar 2020, 09:24
SEN is driest part of country, and generally warmer, and as above, has established based engineers contracted to EZY.

inOban
1st Apr 2020, 09:47
I notice that there seem to be just 4 scheduled flights today, all this morning. Has EDI curtailed its opening hours, like so many other airports?

GrahamK
1st Apr 2020, 09:51
Reducing to 6am-6pm IIRC, possibly shorter

Porrohman
1st Apr 2020, 10:27
Reducing to 6am-6pm IIRC, possibly shorter

The 6am to 6pm hours appear to start from Saturday if the revised and further reduced BA schedule is correct. BA flights still operating are currently scheduled to be as follows but will no doubt be subject to change (changes since my previous post in red).

Wed-01-Apr: BA1441,
Thu-02-Apr: BA1441, BA1465
Fri-03-Apr: BA1441, BA1463
Sat-04-Apr: BA1443, BA1455
Sun-05-Apr: BA1445,
Mon-06-Apr: BA1441,
Tue-07-Apr: BA1441
Wed-08-Apr: BA1441
Thu-09-Apr: BA1441, BA1455,
Fri-10-Apr: BA1441, BA1455,
Sat-11-Apr: BA1443, BA1445,

Wed-01-Apr: 1 Flight (was 2)
Thu-02-Apr: 2 Flights (was 3)
Fri-03-Apr: 2 Flights (was 4)
Sat-04-Apr: 2 Flights (was 3)
Sun-05-Apr: 1 Flight (was 2)
Mon-06-Apr: 1 Flight (was 2)
Tue-07-Apr: 1 Flight (was 2)
Wed-08-Apr: 1 Flight
Thu-09-Apr: 2 Flights
Fri-10-Apr: 2 Flights
Sat-11-Apr: 2 Flights

The new schedule seems to be 1 flight per day Sun - Wed and 2 per day Thu-Sat.

NorthSouth
2nd Apr 2020, 09:21
Anyone know why Ryanair has been launching a 737 from EDI (also PWK) for one wide IFR circuit then back to land? Can't be crew training surely?

V12
2nd Apr 2020, 09:52
Anyone know why Ryanair has been launching a 737 from EDI (also PWK) for one wide IFR circuit then back to land? Can't be crew training surely?

Just keeping it serviceable, and not at 'stored' status

Plane mad 134
2nd Apr 2020, 10:52
It also looks like when the Dublin service comes in it swaps with an EDI aircraft which then heads to Dublin presumably for checks.

inOban
2nd Apr 2020, 11:57
This was discussed on another thread. Boeing require all their planes to fly every seven days, otherwise they will need additional checks before re-entering service. For some rest Airbus rules are different.
BTW, are there still any FR flights? I thought that the only remaining DUB flights was EI.

Plane mad 134
2nd Apr 2020, 12:08
This was discussed on another thread. Boeing require all their planes to fly every seven days, otherwise they will need additional checks before re-entering service. For some rest Airbus rules are different.
BTW, are there still any FR flights? I thought that the only remaining DUB flights was EI.

Ryanair will still offer 4 flights a week to Dublin on Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Porrohman
2nd Apr 2020, 12:14
Ryanair's ops have reduced to 1 flight (FR816/FR817, arr EDI 13:45, Dep 14:10) on Mon, Fri, Sat and Sun and no flights on Tue, Wed and Thu.

Air France have reduced to a Mon, Thu, Sun service departing EDI at 12:05 using an A320.

KLM has no flight tomorrow (Friday) but is daily thereafter.

Loganair has no flights from EDI until 20th April at the earliest.

WIZZ has 3 flights per week.

I've covered BA and QR in previous posts.

AFAIK, the last of the LOT repatriation flights is scheduled to arrive at 16:55 this afternoon.

Unless schedules change, QR will have more capacity from EDI on Monday than any other airline. I never thought that would ever be the case at EDI.

According to FR24, pax flights on Wednesday 1st April were;

Arrivals;

1 06:45 EI252 Dublin (DUB) Aer Lingus A320 (EI-GAM) Landed 07:28
2 09:20 BA1434 London (LHR) British Airways A20N (G-TTNF) Landed 09:13
3 08:25 KL1277 Amsterdam (AMS) KLM B738 (PH-BXB) Landed 10:27
4 08:15 W63013 Bucharest (OTP) Wizz Air A320 (HA-LYB) Landed 07:44

Departures;

1 07:25 EI253 Dublin (DUB) Aer Lingus A320 (EI-GAM) Departed 08:28
2 10:45 BA1441 London (LHR) British Airways A20N (G-TTNF) Departed 10:48
3 09:10 KL1278 Amsterdam (AMS) KLM B738 (PH-BXB) Departed 11:11
4 08:45 W63014 Bucharest (OTP) Wizz Air A320 (HA-LYB) Departed 08:44

No pax flights operated after 11:11.

nighthawk117
2nd Apr 2020, 13:40
I was told by someone that works for BA that all domestic flights are being cancelled from next week.

Plane mad 134
2nd Apr 2020, 18:17
I wonder if the Aer Lingus mainline flight will remain once Regional starts up again.

inOban
2nd Apr 2020, 18:58
I'm surprised that there isn't a basic service to Belfast. Or are there flights from Glasgow?

sinbad73
3rd Apr 2020, 08:17
I'm surprised that there isn't a basic service to Belfast. Or are there flights from Glasgow?

Dont think so - no one picked up GLA-BHD after BE went bust and now EZY are grounded there’s nothing to BFS either.

helipixman
6th Apr 2020, 17:44
My Neighbour has just returned from Australia to Edinburgh via one stop Dubai (I think). On arrival at Edinburgh he was ushered as quickly as possible through the airport, no checks and basically told to go home and self Isolate for 14 days. Anyone on that flight could have it ?? Just wonder if the same happened for all flights in the recent past from Italy and Spain ??? Great way to contain the Virus if they do not self Isolate.

sinbad73
6th Apr 2020, 17:55
My Neighbour has just returned from Australia to Edinburgh via one stop Dubai (I think). On arrival at Edinburgh he was ushered as quickly as possible through the airport, no checks and basically told to go home and self Isolate for 14 days. Anyone on that flight could have it ?? Just wonder if the same happened for all flights in the recent past from Italy and Spain ??? Great way to contain the Virus if they do not self Isolate.

Won't have been via Dubai given that Emirates have grounded all of their flights. Possibly via Doha?

inOban
6th Apr 2020, 18:41
it's well established that airport checks such as temperature are a waste of time. Indeed you're probably more at risk from being held in the airport queuing for the test.

helipixman
6th Apr 2020, 18:50
You are probably being at more risk sitting in close proximity in an airliner, bet they were not sitting six feet apart, just seems a breeding ground for incoming people into the UK. Surely lockdown means lockdown, just hope all the passengers have followed the advice and stayed in self isolation. Just glad there are no US flights into the UK, have a look at flight radar and see how many flights are going on there.

Sk1schoolsam
6th Apr 2020, 22:45
You are probably being at more risk sitting in close proximity in an airliner, bet they were not sitting six feet apart, just seems a breeding ground for incoming people into the UK. Surely lockdown means lockdown, just hope all the passengers have followed the advice and stayed in self isolation. Just glad there are no US flights into the UK, have a look at flight radar and see how many flights are going on there.

No the UK has not locked down the boarders thankfully unlike a few other countries. That’s just counterproductive and causes panic. planes are as much a risk as any public transportation and it’s all about hygiene and cleanliness. The virus is NOT airborne, it is passed on through droplets or contaminated surfaces. That’s why I’d some is I’ll they must not travel. I believe many airlines flying are spacing out passengers too.
Personally can’t wait to get on a plane and fly home to Edi from Tokyo but all in good time once I know my team is ok here. Just hope Qatar keep flying long enough, or is JAL to London then.....train maybe.....

helipixman
7th Apr 2020, 09:34
. The virus is NOT airborne, it is passed on through droplets or contaminated surfaces.
Personally can’t wait to get on a plane and fly home to Edi from Tokyo but all in good time once I know my team is ok here. Just hope Qatar keep flying long enough, or is JAL to London then.....train maybe.....

The virus must be partly airbourne, where do the droplets come from.... noses and mouths and then transmitted through the AIR or onto other people or surfaces. I guess if it were only on surfaces, would we need to be six feet apart.

Anyway hope you are safe in Tokyo, have heard it's getting quite bad there, and manage to get home soon.

Plane mad 134
8th Apr 2020, 08:52
Looking at the current departure board there will only be 1 departure today overall and it is to London Heathrow on an A319! This is subject to change of course.

mike current
8th Apr 2020, 09:53
Looking at the current departure board there will only be 1 departure today overall and it is to London Heathrow on an A319! This is subject to change of course.
Yep. They say traffic is 90% down but this is more like 99.5% :{

inOban
8th Apr 2020, 10:04
It was the same yesterday. EI seem to stopped the Paris flights, KLM most AMS. What are the late evening loganair flights that appear on the airport websit

helipixman
8th Apr 2020, 10:26
Once again I looked at a flight radar last night at a peak time in the UK, glad to see its working over here, approx 30 aircraft in the air over the whole of the UK, none here in Scotland. (well done to the UK), some of which were overflights and the remainder mainly cargo flights and emergency flights. Then looked at the USA, thousands in the air all kinds passenger, corporate etc they will learn one day, hopefully before its too late. :ugh:

Wycombe
8th Apr 2020, 10:57
What are the late evening loganair flights that appear on the airport website

Freight flights on SF340 freighters I think.

Sk1schoolsam
15th Apr 2020, 06:51
American Airlines seasonal flight to Philadelphia is cancelled for the season. 😓

Plane mad 134
15th Apr 2020, 08:45
American Airlines seasonal flight to Philadelphia is cancelled for the season. 😓

And Emirates startup is now pushed back from 1st of June until the 1st of August.

mike current
15th Apr 2020, 09:09

Will we see any US carriers at all in 2020?

ATNotts
15th Apr 2020, 09:22
Will we see any US carriers at all in 2020?

Unless Trump stops acting the prat I can see the USA being isolated long after Europe has started back on the road to normality, so very likely not.

Sk1schoolsam
15th Apr 2020, 11:10
Qatar have ditched the EDI flight for the whole month of May. Last inbound the 23rd April.
Guess there are so many changes that Airlineroute trackers have not colaught up. It reported that it was to be was adjusted to 4 per week for April and May a few weeks back. I am sure that will leave days at EDI with no flights at all in May.
Between Emirates and Qatar they have screwed my plans of coming home up somewhat. Doubt BA will actuyatart long haul in May as scheduled leaving very few options. Hope the handful of Paris, Amsterdam and Frankfurt flights keep going or I am stuffed.

GrahamK
15th Apr 2020, 11:32
Qatar have ditched the EDI flight for the whole month of May. Last inbound the 23rd April.
Guess there are so many changes that Airlineroute trackers have not colaught up. It reported that it was to be was adjusted to 4 per week for April and May a few weeks back. I am sure that will leave days at EDI with no flights at all in May.
Between Emirates and Qatar they have screwed my plans of coming home up somewhat. Doubt BA will actuyatart long haul in May as scheduled leaving very few options. Hope the handful of Paris, Amsterdam and Frankfurt flights keep going or I am stuffed.
Can't say you weren't warned though. All the best in geting back though

ATNotts
15th Apr 2020, 12:26

You could always try making UK landfall in Manchester or London. The world doesn't begin or end in Edinburgh.

Sk1schoolsam
15th Apr 2020, 12:32
Can't say you weren't warned though. All the best in geting back though

Thanks for the sarcasm very helpful. Can’t just up sticks and leave work, and in fact it’s far safer here than back in the UK. The fact that I can come home for a few months is a bonus and up to this week that’s not been an issue.

GrahamK
15th Apr 2020, 15:38
Thanks for the sarcasm very helpful. Can’t just up sticks and leave work, and in fact it’s far safer here than back in the UK. The fact that I can come home for a few months is a bonus and up to this week that’s not been an issue.

Apologies, the sarcasm wasnt intended.
I believe KLM are still operating to EDI during May if routing via Amsterdam is any good when it comes to travelling back

Sk1schoolsam
17th Apr 2020, 00:31
You could always try making UK landfall in Manchester or London. The world doesn't begin or end in Edinburgh.

Very true, and it’s not that I haven’t considered these but there are very limited connections back, overnight hotels are scarce and don’t fancy the trains with multiple big bags.
Appreciate the input however so thanks 😊

Porrohman
18th Apr 2020, 03:10
Very true, and it’s not that I haven’t considered these but there are very limited connections back, overnight hotels are scarce and don’t fancy the trains with multiple big bags.
Appreciate the input however so thanks 😊
In case you haven't already seen it, here's the UK Government advice as regards returning from Japan;
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/japan/return-to-the-uk

Sk1schoolsam
18th Apr 2020, 15:07
In case you haven't already seen it, here's the UK Government advice as regards returning from Japan;
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/japan/return-to-the-uk

Many thanks for sharing. Very well aware and we work closely with the British Embassy here. The advice is for tourists and travellers not those living and working here like me and the team who all have resident cards. If you read further it does not advise those living abroad to come home. I have found a route with Qatar to Manchester now which is half the cost of KLM via Amsterdam to Edi which is still viable. BA are starting back to Tokyo in May if all else fails there’s a route to London then an overnight stop and flight up the next day. Thanks again.

inOban
18th Apr 2020, 21:08
Your only problem is that at present there aren't through trains from Manchester airport to Edinburgh
You will have to get a train to Preston from which there is a train every two hours.
The ams alternative depends on that route actually restarting.

Sk1schoolsam
19th Apr 2020, 10:44
Your only problem is that at present there aren't through trains from Manchester airport to Edinburgh
You will have to get a train to Preston from which there is a train every two hours.
The ams alternative depends on that route actually restarting.

lol! I know so a Taxi is sorted and the flights booked. Amazing price!! Even adding a taxi home is cheaper than any alternative and it’s flying Qatar so not too shabby.

Just hope they and other airlines return to EDI. I see Turkish are restarting later in May and Qatar are mean to start in June. United have ditched ORD and IAD this year so only Newark and they have ditched Glasgow too. No Philly flight but Delta are scheduled to return at present. Emirates still slotted to restart in August.

Skipness One Foxtrot
19th Apr 2020, 11:31
I’d be astonished if any of the US long haul operations will go ahead for 2020. Air Canada Rouge have already given up.
Reality check time. No one will fly until it is safe to fly. What % of people will pay to put their kids on a metal tube for hours at a time wearing a face mask and no food? Any long haul will be served over LHR and connecting flights with limited ME3. It’s April and forward bookings are dead and airlines are bleeding cash in refunds and no forward bookings. They’re not looking to open hospitality in this country, restaurants etc until the winter, they’ll be last.

Guys, summer’s cancelled, it’s not happening. These schedules are placeholders to bring in some, ANY revenue to keep the lights on. There’s no need to travel cos major economies are in lockdown and are not and will not be open for leisure non essential travel this summer. Holidays this summer will be UK based, expect a good frequency on UK domestic but with social distance in seating as per easyJet.

BAU isn’t coming back this year.

helipixman
19th Apr 2020, 19:17
Qatar A350-941 A7-ALQ flew over my house into EDI on saturday 18.4.20 from Doha ? What was this flight ? Passenger ?

Thought they had stopped

ericsson16
19th Apr 2020, 19:46
I’d be astonished if any of the US long haul operations will go ahead for 2020. Air Canada Rouge have already given up.
Reality check time. No one will fly until it is safe to fly. What % of people will pay to put their kids on a metal tube for hours at a time wearing a face mask and no food? Any long haul will be served over LHR and connecting flights with limited ME3. It’s April and forward bookings are dead and airlines are bleeding cash in refunds and no forward bookings. They’re not looking to open hospitality in this country, restaurants etc until the winter, they’ll be last.

Guys, summer’s cancelled, it’s not happening. These schedules are placeholders to bring in some, ANY revenue to keep the lights on. There’s no need to travel cos major economies are in lockdown and are not and will not be open for leisure non essential travel this summer. Holidays this summer will be UK based, expect a good frequency on UK domestic but with social distance in seating as per easyJet.

BAU isn’t coming back this year.
Rubbish."There’s no need to travel cos major economies are in lockdown and are not and will not be open for leisure non essential travel this summer. Holidays this summer will be UK based, expect a good frequency on UK domestic but with" and so on.Total Buffoonery!

SWBKCB
19th Apr 2020, 19:57
Rubbish."There’s no need to travel cos major economies are in lockdown and are not and will not be open for leisure non essential travel this summer. Holidays this summer will be UK based, expect a good frequency on UK domestic but with" and so on.Total Buffoonery!

So what pecentage of pax do you expect at EDI this September compared to 2019?

Skipness One Foxtrot
19th Apr 2020, 20:56
It's late April. Airlines are not flying. Airports are closed. Forward bookings have dried up due to uncertaintly. The economy is about to collapse into the biggest recession in living memory and we are at the risk of a global depresssion. Social distancing will be here all summer and maybe beyond if no vaccine is found.
Now, I put my marketing analyst hat on and predict forward bookings for the summer will be on hold and it's almost May. What that means is that this summer is lost, not one penny will be made by any airline in the period. Aircraft will be likely be forced to fly with no meal service and with middle seats blocked. If we're taking social distancing seriously, every second row will have to remain empty. Hence the price point has to rise markedly suppressing what little demand there is.

Even if the lockdown gets relaxed in three weeks, there will be no scent of commercial BAU until next summer peak at the very least and that assumes no second wave of COVID19.
I am booked GLA-EWR in June which I suspect won't operate as United have announced GLA from July, which I suspect won't operate either. They're taking money in forward bookings to stay alive and giving out vouchers instead of refunds, my existing booking is already flagged as no meal service. Even if Trump allows us into the US, why would anyone book now not knowing if anything in New York will even be open? Theatres here are closed will the autumn at a minimum. I am hoping they cancel so I can chase a refund, no one in their right mind is BOOKING to go long haul in the near future and by the time we can book, it will be winter. And the problem European based airlines always have is, if you don't make money in summer, you go out of business.

This is not buffoonery. Wisen up.

Skipness One Foxtrot
19th Apr 2020, 20:57
Qatar A350-941 A7-ALQ flew over my house into EDI on saturday 18.4.20 from Doha ? What was this flight ? Passenger ?

Thought they had stopped
Qatar are still operating as a connecting carrier, you can't enter Doha though.

inOban
19th Apr 2020, 22:15
The strategies adopted by various countries can only reduce the infection rate to a level which their health and care system can manage, and which will let as much as possible of the real economy restart, by which I mean construction and manufacturing.
There will still be outbreaks, and the biggest risk for these is people moving around.
Most long distance travel is a want, not a need.
Even the Australian minister for tourism is not expecting anything before Christmas. I am astonished that anyone is still thinking that there will be any significant holiday market this summer, and the winter depends on a vaccine.

jensdad
19th Apr 2020, 22:26
They’re not looking to open hospitality in this country, restaurants etc until the winter, they’ll be last.

Sorry for thread drift away from aviation altogether, but who are 'they', and where did you hear that restaurants will not open until the winter? Not trying to be confrontational, just interested to know where you got your info from.

EDIT: Apologies again, what's BAU?
EDIT 2: 'Business as usual.' Got it :)

tictack67
20th Apr 2020, 04:38
Sorry for thread drift away from aviation altogether, but who are 'they', and where did you hear that restaurants will not open until the winter? Not trying to be confrontational, just interested to know where you got your info from.

Heard from an aircraft cleaner on fourloough, and seconded by duty free sales assistant.

In all honesty NO-ONE not even the Givys of the UK know when this will end or what services will open.

airlines themselves will be at the mercy of customers who remember how they were abandoned and left to struggle to get home and the refunds saga. Coupled with the mindset of the public who will still be looking for a Tenirfe flight with a retail price index of £50 one way sans extras.

The airline industry is most at risk and we've not seen any real job losses yet. (Yes except Flybe pre covid-19)

Skipness One Foxtrot
20th Apr 2020, 07:43

Follow the senior political correspondents on twitter, and setting their politics aside, the government has been consistently giving out this message for some time. Any return to normality is gradual and phased, the message that the likes of pubs will be the last to open was signalled again this morning and is on mainstream media. So one pint in a pub for a half hour is dangerous, but somehow seven hours in a tube with recycled air is fine? No.

100% agree no one knows when or how this will end, that itself
means any holidays this year will be UK based for most. Market confidence in air travel cannot return until we have either a vaccine (months or years) or it dies out (unlikely).

SWBKCB
20th Apr 2020, 07:48

It's being floated in the media - the Sunday Times in particular - as part of a proposed three-stage exit strategy.

jensdad
20th Apr 2020, 15:07
Follow the senior political correspondents on twitter, and setting their politics aside, the government has been consistently giving out this message for some time. Any return to normality is gradual and phased, the message that the likes of pubs will be the last to open was signalled again this morning and is on mainstream media. So one pint in a pub for a half hour is dangerous, but somehow seven hours in a tube with recycled air is fine? No.

100% agree no one knows when or how this will end, that itself
means any holidays this year will be UK based for most. Market confidence in air travel cannot return until we have either a vaccine (months or years) or it dies out (unlikely).
I'd seen the suggestion that pubs will be last to open. By that I guess they mean on-site alcohol licenses, and I would support that; from knowledge (and possibly personal experience) of the way people behave under the influence, I said at the start of this that revoking all alcohol licenses other than off-sales was the first social distancing measure that should have been taken. Personally I'd be surprised if cafes and restaurants don't open until the end of the year but we'll see.
Thanks also to SWB.

Sorry for thread drift, back to EDI :)

Porrohman
20th Apr 2020, 17:27
Qatar are still operating as a connecting carrier, you can't enter Doha though.
QR has been operating up to four flights per week to EDI recently (usually Mo, Th, Fr, Sa) but today's flight was cancelled and their final flight for some time will be this Thursday.

BA has reduced its flights again. The only flights to LHR in the near future are;
Thu-23-Apr BA1455
Sun-26-Apr BA1445
... then from 29th April, they currently plan to return to a daily service.

Air France flights are becoming more sporadic until Sun 31 May when they are currently planned to become daily again;
Sun-26-Apr
Mon-27-Apr
Sun-03-May
Tue-05-May
Sat-09-May
Tue-12-May
Sat-16-May
Wed-20-May
Sun-24-May
Wed-27-May

KLM are scheduled to recommence a daily service from 4th May having suspended EDI services on 04/04. Their GLA flights are suspended after 3rd May.

FR is still operating 4 flights a week to/from DUB.

I expect all of these flights will be subject to change.

AFAIK, there are no pax flights scheduled tomorrow or Wednesday.

helipixman
20th Apr 2020, 20:24
Looks like only two passenger flights to EDI today both early morning...
BA Airbus A320 (LHR)
Ryanair 737 (DUB)
Only other flight seen was an Irish Air Corps Pilatus PC12 IAC280

inOban
20th Apr 2020, 20:51
Given current freight rates, I'm almost surprised that it's not worth running Doha to export salmon and shellfish. No

Porrohman
21st Apr 2020, 14:57
Given current freight rates, I'm almost surprised that it's not worth running Doha to export salmon and shellfish. No
With restaurants in lock-down in most countries, the demand for Scottish seafood has taken a significant hit. The markets are reporting a sharp fall in demand. A lot of fish is now being sent to be processed into animal / fish food which, of course, provides a much lower price to producers.

wub
21st Apr 2020, 16:43
An E-3 AWACS has just passed my house on approach to EDI

helipixman
21st Apr 2020, 20:01
It was ZH101 dont think it landed, maybe touch and go or overshoot. Only other aircraft noted wre two Bizjets and a Beech 200.

Is this the first time recently no passenger flights ? and was the last time during the Icelandic volcano eruption ?

Porrohman
22nd Apr 2020, 12:31
It was ZH101 dont think it landed, maybe touch and go or overshoot. Only other aircraft noted wre two Bizjets and a Beech 200.

Is this the first time recently no passenger flights ? and was the last time during the Icelandic volcano eruption ?
There were no pax flights on Tuesday 14th April and none are expected today either.

inOban
27th Apr 2020, 07:44
I assume that the Aegean flight from Larnaca today is some kind of repatriation flight?

Plane mad 134
27th Apr 2020, 09:30
I assume that the Aegean flight from Larnaca today is some kind of repatriation flight?

Yes, there will be 3 flights in total.

27 April Larnaca to Edinburgh 0300 - 0820
29 April Larnaca to Edinburgh 0300 - 0820
30 April Larnaca to Edinburgh 0300 - 0820

All of them repatriation flights on behalf of the Government.

Plane mad 134
29th Apr 2020, 14:02
There is an RAF A400 (ZM415) in this afternoon making use of Edinburghs empty runway.

wub
29th Apr 2020, 14:27
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1500x989/rx401908_24b95c8594f23e928567d2e6401aa858d2a96ff0.jpg

Breathe
1st May 2020, 18:23
What are peoples thoughts on what EDI will look like post COVID-19 a year from now, assuming that the pandemic restrictions are relaxed?

Personally, apart from LHR, AMS, CDG, FRA & DUB and perhaps IST from the Flag carriers, as well as Loganair's Scottish flights, I think the rest of the routes could be (if you forgive the pun) up in the air. I hope I'm just being pessimistic and EDI will retain a lot more routes than it loses.

Breathe
1st May 2020, 18:24
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1500x989/rx401908_24b95c8594f23e928567d2e6401aa858d2a96ff0.jpg
Nice catch! :cool:

Plane mad 134
5th May 2020, 12:30
Well as it stands the current EDI schedule is:

· BA daily LHR
· KLM daily AMS
· FR 4x weekly DUB
· AF 1x weekly CDG

Currently scheduled to resume soon (Subject to change):
· AF increase CDG to 2x weekly from Tuesday 12th of May.
· W6 resume WAW 1x weekly from Tuesday 12th of May (increases to 2x weekly from the 18th of May).

4eyed anorak
5th May 2020, 13:40
Apparently American Airlines have loaded their schedule for EDI from PHL next year according to another forum.

Regards 4ea

nowhereasfiled
5th May 2020, 13:44
LCY returns 1st June too, 3x daily with early morning departures both ways.

mullac30
5th May 2020, 14:37
Apparently American Airlines have loaded their schedule for EDI from PHL next year according to another forum.

Regards 4ea
After checking out AAs booking system I've noticed that it's still scheduled as being operated with a 757, despite being permanently withdrawn by AA. What type will operate the route now? One of their A321neos or 787-8s perhaps?

4eyed anorak
6th May 2020, 08:12
I'd think it'll be the A321neo.

Regards 4ea

ld0595
6th May 2020, 09:12
Correct me if I'm wrong, but do AA's A321s have lie flat beds? I think the premium transcontinental ones do but Edinburgh wouldn't justify that much demand. I'm sure I read in the past that AA had to provide flat beds as part of the BA joint venture?

4eyed anorak
6th May 2020, 13:43
Delta pencilled in to start JFK on the 2nd July with daily 757.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/291086/delta-ns20-intercontinental-operations-as-of-03may20/?highlight=edinburgh

Regards 4ea

mike current
6th May 2020, 13:59

No chance.

ATNotts
6th May 2020, 14:18
No chance.

The airlines appear to be living in some sort of parallel universe at the moment.

mike current
6th May 2020, 14:25
The airlines appear to be living in some sort of parallel universe at the moment.
We don't even know if we'll be able to go see a friend for a cup of tea on the 1st of June. Never mind 3 daily flights to LCY...

VickersVicount
6th May 2020, 16:22
why not when LHR and LGW are freely operating? Not outwith realms of possibility.

willy wombat
6th May 2020, 18:23
What LGW is operating? I thought EZY not flying at all and BA have very publicly discontinued all LGW ops for the foreseeable future.

inOban
6th May 2020, 18:36
The airport has 'refreshed' its website but not updated the content. The timetable page is still showing the pre-lockdown schedule!

helipixman
6th May 2020, 20:16
I am wondering what is going to happen when Boris starts to ease lockdown from Monday (Doubt it will include air travel) and Nicola Sturgeon has said Scotland will remain in lockdown for a further three weeks. Are we always going to be three weeks behind and if so how will that impact on air travel from English airports to any in Scotland. I thought we were supposed to have a four nation approach, into lockdown together and out of lockdown together. Im just intrigued why do we have to be different up here ?

Skipness One Foxtrot
6th May 2020, 22:06
With United joining American in withdrawing the B757-200, I wonder if we’ll not see them back til summer 2021?

GoEDI
6th May 2020, 23:05
With United joining American in withdrawing the B757-200, I wonder if we’ll not see them back til summer 2021?

Whilst I wouldn't deny it is a high possibility, care to share with us where you got the info UA are definitely retiring all B752s, as I must have missed that announcement? Or are you just jumping to conclusions based on the recently published displacement bids?

Skipness One Foxtrot
7th May 2020, 03:06
Whilst I wouldn't deny it is a high possibility, care to share with us where you got the info UA are definitely retiring all B752s, as I must have missed that announcement? Or are you just jumping to conclusions based on the recently published displacement bids?
It’s all over FB as well as pulling long haul out of LAX. The B757-300s are not all going but they don’t have transatlantic range. So it’s gonna be B763s for Scotland or a pull out.

Porrohman
7th May 2020, 08:54
I am wondering what is going to happen when Boris starts to ease lockdown from Monday (Doubt it will include air travel) and Nicola Sturgeon has said Scotland will remain in lockdown for a further three weeks. Are we always going to be three weeks behind and if so how will that impact on air travel from English airports to any in Scotland. I thought we were supposed to have a four nation approach, into lockdown together and out of lockdown together. Im just intrigued why do we have to be different up here ?
If the rate of infection is such that removing lockdown in England is safe but removing lockdown in Scotland and / or other countries of the UK is unsafe, will the Westminster wait until it is safe to remove the lockdown in all parts of the UK or will it impose whatever policy best suits England upon the rest of the UK regardless of the consequences? What if Westminster acts recklessly in lifting the lockdown for political and economic reasons before it is safe to do so? What's the point of devolving power over health if Westminster can impose policies that go against what health and scientific advisors consider is the best course of action for protecting the Scottish population from the pandemic?

4eyed anorak
7th May 2020, 09:24
United are pencilled in to restart the Newark service on the 24th October this year. Will this be with a 757? If passenger levels grow to pre-Covid levels then they'll have to use a 763.
As stated earlier American are starting next year. That'll surely be a A321N?
Delta are due to restart again 2nd June this year with a 757. With them being the sole carrier across the Atlantic this summer could we possibly see it being changed to a 763, extra frequencies or, dare I say, 777?

Regards 4ea

willy wombat
7th May 2020, 09:25
Bit chippy. You could equally say that if the R number is higher in Scotland because the Scots are not practising social distancing as well as the rest of the UK, why should the rest of the UK suffer extra unnecessary lockdown, not that I would say that, of course.

GAXLN
7th May 2020, 09:55
United are pencilled in to restart the Newark service on the 24th October this year. Will this be with a 757? If passenger levels grow to pre-Covid levels then they'll have to use a 763.
As stated earlier American are starting next year. That'll surely be a A321N?
Delta are due to restart again 2nd June this year with a 757. With them being the sole carrier across the Atlantic this summer could we possibly see it being changed to a 763, extra frequencies or, dare I say, 777?

Regards 4ea

All the evidence points to it being quite some time before demand returns to pre Covid-19 levels. I would be very surprised to see any transatlantic service return to Edinburgh before Summer 2021 at the earliest. As for Delta resuming on June 2nd, I would take that with a pinch of salt. The likelihood that they would operate a 777 this summer or for the foreseeable future therefore being exceedingly unlikely. Sad as it is, aviation is emerging into a new world and will struggle for some time to come I fear. United resuming on October 24th must also be unlikely, given the winter season yields that could be expected, and don’t forget any social distancing on aircraft will just make the financials a whole lot worse. Very difficult times indeed and the worst it has ever been for airlines.

ATNotts
7th May 2020, 10:25

Really??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52570936

No meaningful return to operations until July at the earliest for IAG. Depends, I suppose, if they consider LCY/EDI "meaningful".

helipixman
7th May 2020, 10:25
Porrohman

My points were, at times Scotish politicians said we are all in this together as four nations. Went into lock down together and all but one nation seem to want to ease lockdown together.

My main point is with Scotland possibly being three weeks behind the other three nations, at some point all other nations/countries will be flying around and Scotland NOT. Or will Scotland have to bend the rules and allow flights to operate during their extended lockdown. By not leaving all together we will always be three weeks behind England not just in air travel in all matters of trade. What eveidence have the Scottish Politicians given to extend it ?

Plane mad 134
7th May 2020, 11:00
In worse news airlineroute are reporting Qatar are to now start Doha 4x weekly from the 1st of July and will increase to 5x weekly from the 1st of August. Currently 2x daily resumes from the 1st of September. Hoping Qatar are 2x daily next summer.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/291167/qatar-airways-jun-aug-2020-operations-ns20-network-suspensions-as-of-0700gmt-07may20/

ROC10
7th May 2020, 11:12
Porrohman

My points were, at times Scotish politicians said we are all in this together as four nations. Went into lock down together and all but one nation seem to want to ease lockdown together.

My main point is with Scotland possibly being three weeks behind the other three nations, at some point all other nations/countries will be flying around and Scotland NOT. Or will Scotland have to bend the rules and allow flights to operate during their extended lockdown. By not leaving all together we will always be three weeks behind England not just in air travel in all matters of trade. What eveidence have the Scottish Politicians given to extend it ?

I'm struggling to see how lifting lockdown is going to drastically change this situation. Even after lockdown is lifted, strict social distancing is likely to remain in force for the foreseeable future, meaning no one will be "flying around".

helipixman
7th May 2020, 12:13
I'm struggling to see how lifting lockdown is going to drastically change this situation. Even after lockdown is lifted, strict social distancing is likely to remain in force for the foreseeable future, meaning no one will be "flying around".

Flying will have to re start at some stage so someone will be flying you only have to look at the Aer Lingus flight from Belfast to LHR 95% full, those passengers needed to fly for whatever reason, so people are willing to fly. It's been said that social distancing in airliners is impossible and will not work becuase of the air re-circling system !!! So as soon as airlines see a glimmer the skies will start to be full again. Infact about three weeks ago there were approx 50 aircraft airborne over the UK now its more like 100+ already doubled.

Fletch
7th May 2020, 13:08
It's been said that social distancing in airliners is impossible and will not work becuase of the air re-circling system !!!

I am not sure that is correct; at least on the majority of airliners. It has been said that social distancing is not necessary because of ECS/Air-Con systems.

Rutan16
7th May 2020, 13:32
HELIPIXMAN - Right now the three daily Aer Lingus flights to Heathrow are the ONLY way into and out of Belfast to and from the rest of the UK by air !

Through Loganair are maintaining the Stansted subsidised link into Ellington .

Skipness One Foxtrot
7th May 2020, 13:37
Worth also noting Air Canada Rouge have removed the B767. This will be the mid 1970s all over again IMHO where services took years to come back, if at all.

helipixman
7th May 2020, 14:01
HELIPIXMAN - Right now the three daily Aer Lingus flights to Heathrow are the ONLY way into and out of Belfast to and from the rest of the UK by air !

Through Loganair are maintaining the Stansted subsidised link into Ellington .

I understand that, but it does show that people are willing to travel during lockdown, even with being told all but essential travel ? I looked at the photos of the travellers, could not see any wearing masks.

Lets hope sense prevails regarding all aspect of easing lockdown, after all the hard work the NHS and key workers have done, be a shame to waste it, I live in Scotland and not that bothered about the extended lockdown if it keeps us safe, just wondered what impact it would have between here and the other UK Nations for air travel?

BTW where is Ellington ? or did you mean Eglington

Fly757X
7th May 2020, 14:39
I understand that, but it does show that people are willing to travel during lockdown, even with being told all but essential travel ? I looked at the photos of the travellers, could not see any wearing masks.

Lets hope sense prevails regarding all aspect of easing lockdown, after all the hard work the NHS and key workers have done, be a shame to waste it, I live in Scotland and not that bothered about the extended lockdown if it keeps us safe, just wondered what impact it would have between here and the other UK Nations for ait travel?

BTW where is Ellington ? or did you mean Eglington

Yeah he meant the Eglinton/City of Derry-London PSO.

USERNAME_
7th May 2020, 15:10
We don't even know if we'll be able to go see a friend for a cup of tea on the 1st of June. Never mind 3 daily flights to LCY...

Its bookable on the BA website, and CF announced they’ll be starting Ops 1st June.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/828x1229/fa409a44_97a9_45c7_98a0_59d29e136158_50e450b652e5a0598abb69d f8071054a62a1dca1.jpeg

GoEDI
7th May 2020, 15:13
It’s all over FB as well as pulling long haul out of LAX. The B757-300s are not all going but they don’t have transatlantic range. So it’s gonna be B763s for Scotland or a pull out.

Facebook?! Christ it must be true then.... sounds like opinions are being confused with fact. I think a lot of people saw the "767-300 fleet is the only subfleet that will fly for the foreseeable future" comment, and automatically took that to mean full B757 retirement. Whilst it remains a possibility, and it's clear from the displacement bids that the B757/767 fleet is going to be drastically reduced at the very least, whether they retire the B757 completely remains to be seen, no fleet retirements have been publicly confirmed by UA yet AFAIK. All they've indicated are planned base closures.

Yes LAX B787 base is confirmed as closing, but again that doesn't necessarily mean no long haul at all from there...routes could be crewed by other bases.

To keep things at least vaguely on topic, I do wonder if UA will choose to suspend ORD and IAD next year to help bolster the EWR route, regardless of what type is operating...

mike current
7th May 2020, 16:32
Its bookable on the BA website, and CF announced they’ll be starting Ops 1st June

You can also book a package holiday to Spain with Jet2 from the 17th of June for that matter..

nowhereasfiled
7th May 2020, 17:09
You can also book a package holiday to Spain with Jet2 from the 17th of June for that matter..

Some of the CF fleet positioned back to LCY today, so it’s looking likely that Ops will indeed start 01/07 as announced.

willy wombat
7th May 2020, 17:11
What do you think the chances are of the Spaniards letting the Brits in by 17th June? According to Nicola today, Scotland is going to stay locked down to almost the end of May (or longer). Seems unlikely the Spanish will welcome Scottish tourists so quickly.

edinv
7th May 2020, 20:35
From Airwaysmag (on-line) 07 May 20

'Following Air Canada’s (AC) 1Q loss report, its subsidiary Rouge (RV) will retire a number of Boeing 767 aircraft due to the halt of long-haul international operations.

According to the statement, the operation is part of a 79 Boeing 767 withdraw plan related with principal carrier Air Canada (AC) and its subsidiary RV.

Even though some aircraft will remain in the Boeing 767 fleet, AC CFO, Michael Rousseau said that key European international destinations covered by RV would be now operated by AC’s Airbus A330 and Boeing 777.''

- Wondering if YYZ / EDI (&GLA, MAN & LGW) will be dropped, or at least not re-started for summer 2021? or are they considered key European Intl destinations?

ld0595
7th May 2020, 20:57
Didn't Air Canada buy Air Transat? TS already have a presence in Glasgow so I guess they could strengthen ops with more frequent A330s and perhaps return to Edinburgh with the A321LR.

willy wombat
7th May 2020, 21:43
I think the proposed AC purchase of Air Transat was blocked on competition grounds.

ATNotts
8th May 2020, 08:32
What do you think the chances are of the Spaniards letting the Brits in by 17th June? According to Nicola today, Scotland is going to stay locked down to almost the end of May (or longer). Seems unlikely the Spanish will welcome Scottish tourists so quickly.

Since, at the moment, there's not a Scottish passport, just a British one, if the Spanish are happy for the English to travel, they'll be OK with the Scots, Northern Irish and Welsh as well. Since the UK has seen no meaning fall in the daily numbers of new cases since the start of April, and nothing changes significantly in the next 2 or 3 weeks there'll be no chance of anyone being allowed to enter Spain from UK, (unless they are residents or key workers) by 17th June, whatever Nicola says.

mike current
8th May 2020, 10:28
My point was that just because you can book a flight for a certain date, doesn't mean they will actually go ahead.
My view is that there will be no holiday flights to Spain on the 17th of June.

willy wombat
8th May 2020, 10:47
Got it. You were far too subtle for prune!

commit aviation
8th May 2020, 13:07
https://travelweekly.co.uk/articles/370167/palma-hopes-for-return-of-business-from-august

If this holds true for all of Spain, then they are looking at August for domestic market and some time later for overseas visitors.
I think Greece and Portugal are looking at holidays with social distancing measures but have implied it will likely be domestic or near continent visitors who can access the countries initially by driving.
Many of the Transport Select Committee hearing witnesses on Wednesday suggested 3 to 5 months as optimistic period for restarting operations. The reality is everyone awaits some government guidance (both UK and global) as to how we get the world moving again. Until then, the vacuum is filled with best guesses. Maybe we will get something more concrete in BoJo's roadmap on Sunday - we can but hope...

Sk1schoolsam
10th May 2020, 11:53
In worse news airlineroute are reporting Qatar are to now start Doha 4x weekly from the 1st of July and will increase to 5x weekly from the 1st of August. Currently 2x daily resumes from the 1st of September. Hoping Qatar are 2x daily next summer.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/291167/qatar-airways-jun-aug-2020-operations-ns20-network-suspensions-as-of-0700gmt-07may20/

latest update:

Qatar have reduced June service to 3 weekly slowly increasing in July and August but have down scaled the aircraft to a B787 from the A350-900. On the positive side they are restarting. Scheduled 2x A350-900 from 1st April 2021.

Plane mad 134
10th May 2020, 12:19
In better news, It looks like American have scheduled EDI in as a 787-8 on the Philadelphia route next year. That's something I certainly didn't see coming.

Link:
https://www.americanairlines.co.uk/booking/flights/choose-flights/flight1?bookingPathStateId=1589112796158-569

Sk1schoolsam
10th May 2020, 12:36
After checking out AAs booking system I've noticed that it's still scheduled as being operated with a 757, despite being permanently withdrawn by AA. What type will operate the route now? One of their A321neos or 787-8s perhaps?

Must have been updated as now showing a B787 😊
As far as I can see it’s 6days per week from late March 2021.
This of course might change again.....

wub
10th May 2020, 12:47
latest update:

Qatar have reduced June service to 3 weekly slowly increasing in July and August but have down scaled the aircraft to a B787 from the A350-900. On the positive side they are restarting. Scheduled 2x A350-900 from 1st April 2021.

I have a booking with Qatar for November and it is still showing A350-900

Plane mad 134
10th May 2020, 12:53
I have a booking with Qatar for November and it is still showing A350-900
Qatar are going 1x daily A350-900 from the 1st of September.

Flightrider
10th May 2020, 13:04
I'd take anything in forward airline schedules with a serious pinch of salt right now - 1 September is a very long way away.

Sk1schoolsam
11th May 2020, 07:08
I'd take anything in forward airline schedules with a serious pinch of salt right now - 1 September is a very long way away.

I am trying not to be pessimistic, and have to hope that a level of some normalisation occurs, we are not going to be in this forever more. I have flights booked from EDI to/ from Tokyo booked from September onwards. Work carries on.....

4eyed anorak
11th May 2020, 09:44
Eurowings pencilled in to start Cologne from the 24th May 2x weekly.
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/291202/eurowings-week-of-24may20-operations-as-of-10may20/

Regards 4ea

Skipness One Foxtrot
11th May 2020, 11:47
Guys, all these posts about airlines re-starting are going to be worth next to nothing. The situation is fast moving, especially with the announcement that all incomers will have to quarantine for two whole weeks. A lot of this is about airlines getting cashflow into their veins and taking a while to give it back.....

You'll drive yourself nuts trying to keep up with this, the truth is the summer season, all of it, is effectively lost. Make your peace with that fact and hang onto your sanity.

mike current
11th May 2020, 12:13
You'll drive yourself nuts trying to keep up with this, the truth is the summer season, all of it, is effectively lost. Make your peace with that fact and hang onto your sanity.

Spot on S1F

4eyed anorak
11th May 2020, 14:53
Of course the situation is fluid and everything has to be taken with a pinch of salt. I'm only passing on news and opinion. if none of us did then this site would be pointless!

Regards 4ea

ATIS31
12th May 2020, 21:23
BA City Flyer Possibly pulling out of EDI as seen on British Airways thread. Guess they are expecting the business passengers to fall away given the circumstances and the prospect of meetings being conducted online

Sk1schoolsam
12th May 2020, 21:49
BA City Flyer Possibly pulling out of EDI as seen on British Airways thread. Guess they are expecting the business passengers to fall away given the circumstances and the prospect of meetings being conducted online

Best case scenario is they are cutting the crew base and the pilots and will run the ops from LCY instead, overnighting a few crews for early departures. Might kill the summer flights to Florence and the holiday flights to Spain that Barrhead travel use.

Saabdriver1
12th May 2020, 22:50
I wouldn't call that a "best case scenario" if you're an Edinburgh-based BACF pilot or cabin crew member. It's all in the perspective. Thoughts with those who may well be affected....

Skipness One Foxtrot
13th May 2020, 00:47
The crew base is closing but LCY-EDI would be one of the last routes to be dropped IMHO, however am not sure BA will be serving all three London bases anytime soon.

Plane mad 134
14th May 2020, 14:00
At the moment it looks like EasyJet will be starting from the 1st of June with an extremely reduced schedule. 1st of July is currently when they "plan" to restart normal ops (I have a feeling that won't be happening). I do though think EasyJet will resume certain routes at low frequency from the 1st of June.

inOban
14th May 2020, 23:33
lol! I know so a Taxi is sorted and the flights booked. Amazing price!! Even adding a taxi home is cheaper than any alternative and it’s flying Qatar so not too shabby.

Just hope they and other airlines return to EDI. I see Turkish are restarting later in May and Qatar are mean to start in June. United have ditched ORD and IAD this year so only Newark and they have ditched Glasgow too. No Philly flight but Delta are scheduled to return at present. Emirates still slotted to restart in August.
Through trains from Manchester airport to Edinburgh restart on Monday.

Sk1schoolsam
19th May 2020, 07:58
In better news, It looks like American have scheduled EDI in as a 787-8 on the Philadelphia route next year. That's something I certainly didn't see coming.

Link:
https://www.americanairlines.co.uk/booking/flights/choose-flights/flight1?bookingPathStateId=1589112796158-569

Philadelphia – Edinburgh eff 28MAR21 Previously not covered on Airlineroute, 787-8 replaces 757, 1 daily
I wonder if this will actually happen.....

inOban
19th May 2020, 08:12
Seems to be a flight from Enfidha today. Is the agricultural sector bringing in workers from Tunisia? Would help their economy.

Plane mad 134
21st May 2020, 21:53
In another rare movement an Air China B747-400 is due in to Edinburgh on Friday the 29th of May at 13:00 from Beijing.

Ross Nicol
25th May 2020, 01:26
In another rare movement an Air China B747-400 is due in to Edinburgh on Friday the 29th of May at 13:00 from Beijing.

Apparently it’s going back out as CA606 to Xi’an at 15:30 (according to FR24 and Facebook)

Plane mad 134
25th May 2020, 09:29
Eurowings also return today with a 2x weekly Cologne service.

Ross Nicol
25th May 2020, 22:29
Eurowings also return today with a 2x weekly Cologne service.

Just a quick question for all of you, where do you get your info from (e.g sources)

Plane mad 134
26th May 2020, 08:48
Just a quick question for all of you, where do you get your info from (e.g sources)

I got my info from the Eurowings website and FR24 for yesterdays news, I also use airlineroute and have contacts at the airport.

wub
29th May 2020, 10:00
Air China B747 on its way, east of Aberdeen at 11:00, showing due 11:27

goldeneye
2nd Jun 2020, 08:22
United have cancelled the ORD service for 2020.
EWR is cancelled until 24/10

GrahamK
2nd Jun 2020, 08:26
United have cancelled the ORD service for 2020.
EWR is cancelled until 24/10
Presumably IAD is also cancelled for the summer?

Plane mad 134
2nd Jun 2020, 08:55
Wizzair return today with 3x weekly Budapest.

Sk1schoolsam
2nd Jun 2020, 11:19
Presumably IAD is also cancelled for the summer?

Not reported anywhere so far. Routesonline reports the equivalent Dublin B757 seasonal service is cancelled, therefore fair to assume likewise for EDI.

Also do not see any indication of the Delta Boston route for this season, I thought that route was successful last time out or was it always for the chop this season?

tartan 201
2nd Jun 2020, 12:27
Not reported anywhere so far. Routesonline reports the equivalent Dublin B757 seasonal service is cancelled, therefore fair to assume likewise for EDI.

Also do not see any indication of the Delta Boston route for this season, I thought that route was successful last time out or was it always for the chop this season?

EDI<>IAD/ORD/BOS were on sale for S20 but were ditched in April. (sources below). Time will tell if any of them return.
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1445235
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1444841

Sk1schoolsam
2nd Jun 2020, 21:26
Anyone heard of and when Loganair will fly from Edinburgh again? See the have restarted flight at other Scottish airports.

Plane mad 134
2nd Jun 2020, 22:16
Loganair will start up Southampton 6x weekly from the 15th of June, with the other routes gradually resuming and increasing through July, August and September.

Plane mad 134
3rd Jun 2020, 14:31
Also Edelweiss will restart Zurich tommorow with flights being 2x weekly on A320. Good to see more European carriers returning.

willy wombat
3rd Jun 2020, 17:44
It will be fascinating if someone, who presumably works at the airport, can offer some insight as to approximately how many passengers the assorted reinstated flights are carrying. I am personally bemused as to who would be travelling at the moment.

ericlday
3rd Jun 2020, 19:28
Unlike other countries who are only allowing their citizens in, anyone with EU/EEA papers can enter the UK and then quarantine (from next week)

ROC10
4th Jun 2020, 00:55
It will be fascinating if someone, who presumably works at the airport, can offer some insight as to approximately how many passengers the assorted reinstated flights are carrying. I am personally bemused as to who would be travelling at the moment.

My thoughts too!

Plane mad 134
4th Jun 2020, 09:53

The only route I know for certain is doing well and that's the KLM Amsterdam service. It is constantly almost at full capacity hence the upgauge to a daily E190 instead of E175.

ROC10
4th Jun 2020, 10:16
The only route I know for certain is doing well and that's the KLM Amsterdam service. It is constantly almost at full capacity hence the upgauge to a daily E190 instead of E175.

It would be interesting to know why...

inOban
4th Jun 2020, 12:38
I suppose if you have to fly long haul it's your only daily service, with BA not flying to LHR every day.

I remain mystified about the restart of the Zurich flight. I assumed that this almost entirely carried inbound tourists, but with the hotels, holiday lets etc unavailable, where are they going?

Sk1schoolsam
4th Jun 2020, 13:20
I suppose if you have to fly long haul it's your only daily service, with BA not flying to LHR every day.

I remain mystified about the restart of the Zurich flight. I assumed that this almost entirely carried inbound tourists, but with the hotels, holiday lets etc unavailable, where are they going?

Zurich does have some good Star Alliance connects both long and short haul. cologne good for intra Europe. We have people that need to get to locations and be on the ground so these returning flights are good.

Disappointing to see EK now moved restart back to 1st Sept. GLA restart delayed and reduced. Qatar from the start of July will remain the best east bound international connection hub for those who need to fly and be somewhere.

Sk1schoolsam
4th Jun 2020, 13:27
My thoughts too!

As business across the world like in Asia and China starts to pick up, and the economy’s in Europe restart ahead of ours then this will restart some level of business travel requirements for people and goods will be need transportation. I am not saying it will be at similar levels for a while but working in company that works globally there is a need to deploy teams with boots on the ground going forward. Don’t just look insular to domestic travel or tourism got to look broader IMO.
far too much negativity around at present.....

Porrohman
4th Jun 2020, 16:41
Four of the seven BE Q400s that have been stored at EDI since early March have been re-registered to their leasing company NAC Aviation. Two repositioned to Weeze yesterday and I expect the other two will follow in due course.

tictack67
8th Jun 2020, 14:43
Transavia are to convert its Edinburgh - Rotterdam from seasonal to year-round, operating 2x weekly flights in Winter 2020.

Additionally, the route will resume on 2 July 2020 with 3x weekly flights, converting to 4x weekly from 31 August 2020

Skipness One Foxtrot
9th Jun 2020, 00:00
Disappointing to see EK now moved restart back to 1st Sept. GLA restart delayed and reduced. Qatar from the start of July will remain the best east bound international connection hub for those who need to fly and be somewhere.
It’s not about “too much negativity” at all, nor is it “faith” or “belief”, this isn’t religion. It’s about truncated consumer demand on a global scale leading to a massive shock to business. The Ski School may well need boots on the ground but are they flying up front paying full whack? Why would anyone pay for a high yielding premium product until we get back to normal-normal, not the new normal. No lounges, facemasks, awkward bathroom queues and onboard service restricted. I mean you’re not gonna part with your own money for that and business travel is going to be on a necessity only basis until the new financial year. Consider Emirates, one of the strongest carriers in play :

https://www.pprune.org/middle-east/632542-ek-decommission-40-airbus-a380-axe-1-3-pilots-cabin-crew-8.html

The best Scotland can see on long haul is core routes protected. Park any fantasies about twice daily EDI or thrice daily GLA for a year or so at least. A load of the schedules you are seeing are placeholders as the airlines literally have little idea about what demand will be. BA don’t know whether the A380 and B744 fleet will even go back into service! ( 42 aircraft all in for starters!)

Plane mad 134
14th Jun 2020, 08:54
Tommorow will see EasyJet resume 7x weekly BFS and LGW along with AF increasing CDG from 2x to 4x weekly and BA increasing LHR from 5x to 7x weekly.

adfly
14th Jun 2020, 09:23
Tommorow will see EasyJet resume 7x weekly BFS and LGW along with AF increasing CDG from 2x to 4x weekly and BA increasing LHR from 5x to 7x weekly.
Also Loganair are starting 4x weekly SOU (operates GLA-EDI-SOU for the first 3 weeks).

Plane mad 134
14th Jun 2020, 09:24
Also Loganair are starting 4x weekly SOU (operates GLA-EDI-SOU for the first 3 weeks).
I thought the SOU flights were showing as sold out until July. Maybe I'm wrong though. All good news is welcomed though.

Edit: I have indeed just seen they are back on sale.

inOban
14th Jun 2020, 09:42
All of six flights today!

Plane mad 134
16th Jun 2020, 10:59
Wizzair resume 3x weekly Bucharest and 3x weekly Warsaw Chopin from tommorow.

inOban
17th Jun 2020, 08:24
Both cancelled today. I wonder how long it will take for demand to rise to economic levels?

tictack67
17th Jun 2020, 09:06
Both cancelled today. I wonder how long it will take for demand to rise to economic levels?

I checked the fares yesterday and they were in region of £200.

I believe Poland has closed the border again is the reason for the Warsaw cancellation not the downturn in demand From Gov.uk
​​​Flights between Poland and the UK are suspended until at least 30 June. From 17 June flights permitted between Poland and most members of the European Economic Area and Switzerland, apart from the United Kingdom, Sweden and Portugal. Other international flights remain suspended until 30 June

​​​

inOban
17th Jun 2020, 11:36
EDI has retweeted a story from the Scotsman that Norwegian will restart from both OSL and CPH to both EDI and Gatwick from July 1st

sinbad73
17th Jun 2020, 12:05
EDI has retweeted a story from the Scotsman that Norwegian will restart from both OSL and CPN to both EDI and Gatwick from July,,1st

Copenhagen = CPH.

inOban
17th Jun 2020, 12:33
Copenhagen = CPH.
Corrected.

Plane mad 134
17th Jun 2020, 16:45
I know much could happen before next summer but Jet2 appear to have made several increases. But what puzzles me is they have the normal 6 based every day except tuesday which has 5 (and I know 1 has a maintenance check hence why there is 5) and Sunday which currently shows 8 based morning departures. Unless major expansion to come or flights to be moved around that seems weird.

Edit: Also Lanzarote is showing 3x weekly on the outbound and 5x weekly on the inbound (with Tuesday and Friday being the new flight days) but both those days are not bookable at the moment. Is this possibly a glitch or more expansion?

ericlday
17th Jun 2020, 17:04
There is much more to be played out in the aviation world before we can start looking at specifics on S21

Sk1schoolsam
17th Jun 2020, 18:54
Interesting webcast:
https://www.anna.aero/2020/06/15/30-minutes-with-loganair-ceo-video-now-available-with-hard-hitting-answers-to-key-questions/

Loganair CEO gives some interesting insight to why they pulled the Manchester and Cardiff Services but I am not convinced that his reasoning is sound with respect to the difference between EDI-MAN and GLA-MAN. (To restart).
i wonder which airport he is referring too that are commercially out of touch??
EDI not directly mentioned as good or bad....
anyone got some further insight?

Saabdriver1
17th Jun 2020, 19:30
Isn't the point that GLA-MAN was dead as a route before Flybe ceased trading anyway - they'd dropped it a few months earlier - but EDI-MAN was still going?

Plane mad 134
19th Jun 2020, 10:50
Ryanair resume Barcelona and Budapest from Sunday. Both initially 2x weekly.

Sk1schoolsam
19th Jun 2020, 14:06
Ryanair resume Barcelona and Budapest from Sunday. Both initially 2x weekly.

wizz Air cancelled all their flights this week including Budapest. Hope they run next week ok and Ryanair start.

ericlday
19th Jun 2020, 14:21
Wizz air showing 24/26/29 June to Bucharest no flights in June to Warsaw.

Breathe
19th Jun 2020, 16:55
Ryanair are taking over the Vienna route from Lauda:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/291926/ryanair-laudamotion-s20-network-consolidation-as-of-18jun20/

Plane mad 134
21st Jun 2020, 10:22
Both Ryanair flights to Barcelona and Budapest look like they are running fine today which is good.

Looks like Air France will increase Paris CDG from 4x to 5x weekly starting tommorow and their partner KLM is upgauging from a daily E190 to a daily B737-700. This is apparently due to continued strong LFs.

inOban
21st Jun 2020, 11:13
I notice that both FR flights are using a/c from the destination, although in normal times (!) both would use an EDI frame. As far as I am aware not a single EDI- based plane from any operator has yet flown - even the LM flight to SOU comes from Glasgow.

tictack67
21st Jun 2020, 15:11
Planned resumption on 15th July, 4 weekly mix of 737-900ER/A321

tartan 201
21st Jun 2020, 15:15
Delta's JFK service showing as a 763 upon its resumption in August:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1867x862/annotation_2020_06_21_155644_570b6309736a688f1b3d26d384c8e93 5f525014f.png

VickersVicount
21st Jun 2020, 16:19
...with horrific prices by the looks of it on that screenshot. With a heavily capped capacity (less than current 757) lets hope its got lots of cargo!

tartan 201
21st Jun 2020, 16:33
​​...with horrific prices by the looks of it on that screenshot. With a heavily capped capacity (less than current 757) lets hope its got lots of cargo!

The price in that screenshot was for a one-way ticket. There are cheaper prices for return tickets e.g. out on 2/8, return on 9/8 was starting from c. £720 in economy

Sk1schoolsam
21st Jun 2020, 19:10
​​

The price in that screenshot was for a one-way ticket. There are cheaper prices for return tickets e.g. out on 2/8, return on 9/8 was starting from c. £720 in economy

This might all be academic as I don’t see the UK quarantine restrictions inbound for US travellers, or outbound visa entry restrictions for US bound travellers lifting even by August.
I wonder if anyone knows the load factors on the few London US services still running?
United might be closer to the mark with October unfortunately. I would never have thought that a few weeks back.

Service is back to a 757-200 from late October into the spring of 2021 according to Delta App.

Sk1schoolsam
22nd Jun 2020, 06:31
Air China Charters:

Edinburgh – Dalian
CA572 EDI1530 – 0830+1DLC 773 30JUN20 / 15JUL2

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/291954/air-china-junejuly-2020-uk-mainland-china-charters-as-of-21jun20/

natmci
23rd Jun 2020, 08:16
Looks like no TUI flights from EDI until October, and only returning with 2/wk TFS until November when winter season starts and daily flights resume

Plane mad 134
23rd Jun 2020, 10:06
Ryanair restart 2x weekly Berlin, Alicante and Malaga today.

Plane mad 134
27th Jun 2020, 09:48
Ryanair are increasing their Alicante route from 2x to 3x weekly effective today.

Plane mad 134
28th Jun 2020, 10:37
Air France are increasing the Paris CDG route from 5x to 6x weekly from tomorrow.

Plane mad 134
30th Jun 2020, 08:34
Quite a lot of routes are resuming over the next couple of days so I have listed them below:

Today:
• Ryanair increase SXF from 2x to 3x weekly.
• Wizzair increase Budapest from 2x to 3x weekly.

Tomorrow (July 1st):
• Wizzair will resume 3x weekly Gdansk and 3x weekly Warsaw Chopin.
• Qatar will resume 4x weekly Doha on B787-8.
• EasyJet will resume:
• 6x weekly Bristol
• 6x weekly Luton
• 7x weekly Stansted
• BA increase Heathrow to 14x weekly.
• Ryanair resume:
• 2x weekly Beziers
• 2x weekly Brussels Charleroi
• 2x weekly Copenhagen
• 2x weekly Faro
• 2x weekly Ibiza
• 2x weekly Luxembourg
• 2x weekly Nantes
• 2x weekly Prague
• 2x weekly Rome Ciampino
• 2x weekly Santander
• 2x weekly Tallinn
• 2x weekly Venice Marco Polo
• 3x weekly Warsaw Modlin
• 2x weekly Krakow
• Ryanair will also increase Dublin to 10x weekly.

I will post changes on further dates over the next few days.

inOban
30th Jun 2020, 08:52
I thought that FR used Treviso, not Marco Polo?

Plane mad 134
30th Jun 2020, 08:56
I thought that FR used Treviso, not Marco Polo?
Treviso apparently is shut until October, so all airlines have to use Marco Polo until October.

wub
30th Jun 2020, 09:09
An Air China 777 is due out to Dalian at 15:30 today, no indication of when it arrived.

Plane mad 134
30th Jun 2020, 09:25
An Air China 777 is due out to Dalian at 15:30 today, no indication of when it arrived.
Arriving in from Beijing as CA571. Due in at 11:20 and currently just near Stavanger and about to head over the North Sea. B777-300ER (B-2039) is operating.

wub
1st Jul 2020, 11:08
Qatar 787 inbound to EDI

Plane mad 134
2nd Jul 2020, 09:25
Services resuming today:

• EasyJet start 4x weekly Birmingham. (inaugural flight)
• Norwegian resume 2x weekly Oslo.
• Ryanair will resume:
• 2x Weekly Billund.
• 2x weekly Bordeaux.
• 2x weekly Dusseldorf Weeze.
• 2x weekly Fuerteventura.
• 2x weekly Riga.
• 2x weekly Sofia.
• Ryanair will increase:
• Budapest from 2x to 3x weekly.
• Malaga from 2x to 3x weekly.

​​​​​​Seems to be good growth.

Skipness One Foxtrot
2nd Jul 2020, 10:59
Seems to be good growth.

There will unprecedent and record breaking month on month growth to look forward to....... 🙂

Plane mad 134
3rd Jul 2020, 08:46
There will unprecedent and record breaking month on month growth to look forward to....... 🙂
Very True, We have to start somewhere and build on it 🙂

Also routes resuming today (Friday July 3rd):

• EasyJet resume 2x weekly Amsterdam (this is their first international route from EDI in months).
• Ryanair Resume:
• 2x weekly Bologna
• 2x weekly Eindhoven
• 2x weekly Gothenburg
• 2x weekly Baden
• 1x weekly Lanzarote
• 2x weekly Marseille
• 3x weekly Milan Bergamo
• 2x weekly Poznan
• 2x weekly Tenerife South
• 2x weekly Toulouse

I think the final Ryanair resumptions are over the weekend (except Bydgoszcz, Malta and Stockholm Skavsta which will be in Mid July and August). Then they will be operating to every destination on a reduced schedule.

EasyJet have moved forward the planned start date of many international routes so most now resume from mid July at a reduced frequency.

Overall looking positive as we go forward.

GrahamK
3rd Jul 2020, 08:51
Are we going to get a post each time an aircraft takes off from Edinburgh as well going forward???

awwdabaaby
3rd Jul 2020, 09:05
Are we going to get a post each time an aircraft takes off from Edinburgh as well going forward???

Thank god someone else was getting annoyed by it

inOban
3rd Jul 2020, 09:32
To be fair, people have been posting much the same information from several other airports.

I'm wondering how many of these routes will be viable. I can understand the Med routes- many people will own property which they wish to visit. But I'm doubtful about the demand for places like Eindhoven or Dusseldorf. And Sweden?

nighthawk117
3rd Jul 2020, 09:39

Well if people only post in here when a plane takes off from Edinburgh going backwards, it'll be a very quiet forum ;-)

Sk1schoolsam
3rd Jul 2020, 10:24

Actually NO!!

Good to hear what routes are restarting, which are reduced or AWOL.

Not going to be many new routes for a while to post about so what would you rather see here, nothing at all I suspect.

willy wombat
3rd Jul 2020, 13:20
If Nicola doesn’t back down from her political position of not following England in changing the quarantine rules, it will further decimate Scottish inbound tourism (or NCL will be unexpectedly busy)

tictack67
3rd Jul 2020, 13:36
Hardly each single single aircraft. People are posting about the resumption specific of routes

Many routes in many airports are now never restarting so all good positivity.

Slight over reaction old bean, calm down

inOban
3rd Jul 2020, 13:45
If Nicola doesn’t back down from her political position of not following England in changing the quarantine rules, it will further decimate Scottish inbound tourism (or NCL will be unexpectedly busy)
She's merely insisting that due process be followed. A concept with which the Westminster government seems unfamiliar.

willy wombat
3rd Jul 2020, 15:33
More like positioning to demand an independence vote. Personally, as an expatriate Scot living in SE England I wish she’d just get on with it and declare UDI. Better not hijack the EDI thread with politics but my point still stands - she needs to move on quarantine or Scottish tourism will be even worse affected than it is now.

Asturias56
3rd Jul 2020, 17:24
She's being tedious - it has nothing to do with CV-19 and everything about Independence. I wonder how she's like it if BoJo insisted everyone traveling to./from Scotland had to self quarantine until she lifts the restrictions?

edi_local
3rd Jul 2020, 18:33
She's being tedious - it has nothing to do with CV-19 and everything about Independence. I wonder how she's like it if BoJo insisted everyone traveling to./from Scotland had to self quarantine until she lifts the restrictions?

Why would she care about what Boris does within the area of the UK he has say over health matters?

For what it's worth I, as one of her supporters, do not see this as being about independence. However, I absolutely do think she's being far too cautious and it will hit us harder further down the line with more job losses and all the social and economical issues that come with mass unemployment in our tourism and aviation sectors. That said, the list of countries approved by Boris is as bizarre as it is diverse. Why is Turkey on there when it's not deemed safe for the rest of the EU, for example? Why is Lithuania on there, but not Estonia and Latvia whom have all enjoyed a tri-lateral travel bubble for weeks now?

I am glad she is not just accepting the list at face value and is going to hold back from a decision for now (as are Wales and NI) but she should definitely be opening up to some countries to at least get the planes moving again and some jobs protected.

SWBKCB
3rd Jul 2020, 19:12
she should definitely be opening up to some countries to at least get the planes moving again and some jobs protected.

Judging by posts #1938 and #1944 the planes are moving anyway!?

A350Saltire
3rd Jul 2020, 19:39

What a ridiculous couple of posts. It is very interesting to see which routes are resuming given the unprecedented shut down. Stick to the Glasgow thread if it annoys you.

highwideandugly
3rd Jul 2020, 19:57
Try the Newquay post!

GrahamK
3rd Jul 2020, 21:32
What a ridiculous couple of posts. It is very interesting to see which routes are resuming given the unprecedented shut down. Stick to the Glasgow thread if it annoys you.
It doesnt annoy me, but maybe it can be done on a weekly basis?

4eyed anorak
3rd Jul 2020, 22:04
Why? With the fluidity of whats happening to aviation at the moment surely any news good or bad, big or trivial still deserves posting?
It does'nt take a millisecond to scroll past peoples posts if it's not to your liking.

Regards 4ea

edi_local
4th Jul 2020, 09:41

What else do you expect people to post about in the Edinburgh thread other than the routes that are operating from Edinburgh?

What are you hoping to see when you open this thread, exactly?

inOban
5th Jul 2020, 10:01
Eurowings seem to have abandoned CGN flights for the moment.

willy wombat
5th Jul 2020, 11:20
I asked before but can anyone here who actually works at EDI give some insight as to what sort of loads the various resumed services are achieving? I am genuinely fascinated to know.

TOM100
5th Jul 2020, 12:52
I can’t help but think Scotland and Wales are having a political peeing contest just to show who is in charge. With open borders in both and English airports on the borders it is non sensical to vary policy.

imo at times of national crisis and whilst they remain part of the UK,Westminster should have primacy to avoid all this confusion.

there are so many travel & aviation jobs at stake, now is not the time for needless and as I say, in practice ineffective political point scoring.

its a bit like having a customs allowance between England/Scotland and Wales - totally unenforceable and pointless without a hard border.

C172Navigator
5th Jul 2020, 13:40
I had a relative on Saturday's CGN-EDI. She estimated 25 pax.

GoEDI
5th Jul 2020, 18:42
I asked before but can anyone here who actually works at EDI give some insight as to what sort of loads the various resumed services are achieving? I am genuinely fascinated to know.

In general, inbound demand very poor, outbound demand higher, particularly to Eastern Europe/Spain. I expect inbound loads will pick up with time as no doubt the majority of those outbound pax on recently restarted routes will be looking to return...

helipixman
5th Jul 2020, 19:40
I can’t help but think Scotland and Wales are having a political peeing contest just to show who is in charge. With open borders in both and English airports on the borders it is non sensical to vary policy.

imo at times of national crisis and whilst they remain part of the UK,Westminster should have primacy to avoid all this confusion.

there are so many travel & aviation jobs at stake, now is not the time for needless and as I say, in practice ineffective political point scoring.

its a bit like having a customs allowance between England/Scotland and Wales - totally unenforceable and pointless without a hard border.

We no longer have a United Kingdom, I live in Scotland and can see why Nicola Sturgeon is doing some of the things to safegueard her people and country. What I do think though is, she is just copying England by doing it a few weeks later. I just wonder what happens if people like me, fly abroad from Manchester rather than Edinburgh or Glasgow (alot cheaper). Who or how would Scotland police that under current conditions ? There is very little unity between the UK nations, just hope its not about political point scoring ? This is affecting peoples jobs, lives, income and all aspects of daily life and needs some form of Unity.

inOban
12th Jul 2020, 13:51
I see that the Qatar flights are suspended until the end of next week. Is this because of quarantine regulations?

Rutan16
12th Jul 2020, 15:29
The new landing forms require an address and mobile telephone number for tracing purposes, Combine this with long standing load information that is passed to the UK Border Forces and intelligence services before your flight even lands in the UK mean the authorities know where you are !

The Scottish Police and Public Health Authorities should be able to access this information on public safety grounds.

The seconds part of the above statement is why checking grannies passport on entry is primarily for theatrical purposes !

tictack67
12th Jul 2020, 16:29

Flew to Warsaw on 09th Jul A321 almost full with 2 empty seats.

Not bad given there was Ryanair flight to Warsaw Modlin about 20 Mon later.

Someone posted on Norwegian thread that they no resuming flights to Sept.

However 2 DY flights today Oslo and Copenhagen.

Turkish restarts this week with A321

tictack67
12th Jul 2020, 16:38
We no longer have a United Kingdom, I live in Scotland and can see why Nicola Sturgeon is doing some of the things to safegueard her people and country. What I do think though is, she is just copying England by doing it a few weeks later. I just wonder what happens if people like me, fly abroad from Manchester rather than Edinburgh or Glasgow (alot cheaper). Who or how would Scotland police that under current conditions ? There is very little unity between the UK nations, just hope its not about political point scoring ? This is affecting peoples jobs, lives, income and all aspects of daily life and needs some form of Unity.

The rate is still high in England, (about 140 a day) taking pro rata of population Scotland weswe would expects Scotland to have over 100 deaths last week, I think the figure was under 10.

I don't think she is political point scoring, but Johnson is the only one of the not doing daily breifngs or releasing figures

The96er
12th Jul 2020, 16:51
I don't think she is political point scoring

Her whole modus operandi is to political point score over West Minster, it's all she ever does. Personally, I would be wary of any polititian who seeks to criticise those of another jurisdiction.

olster
12th Jul 2020, 17:33
Nicola Sturgeon is indeed point scoring. Friend came in from BCN yesterday, only one hand wash in the whole terminal. Immigration indifferent but very impressed that she had filled in the form. The political rhetoric versus reality big chasm of course. But visibly gloating over England cheers the sheep up.

olster
12th Jul 2020, 17:36
And another thing... Ryanair / Jet2 / TUI ops to Spain royally done in by Scottish politics. Catalonia anyone? Never mind the economy or local jobs when 6/10000 currently have this bug.

inOban
12th Jul 2020, 17:46
Since immigration is entirely the responsibility of Westminster, it's they who should be criticised for the lazy attitude you report. And complain to the airport if cleaning facilities are not available or even apparent.
The people of Scotland have done wonders in bringing down the infection rate so rapidly. It's hardly surprising that they want to keep it that way.

tictack67
12th Jul 2020, 17:49
And another thing... Ryanair / Jet2 / TUI ops to Spain royally done in by Scottish politics. Catalonia anyone? Never mind the economy or local jobs when 6/10000 currently have this bug.

Sad you feel this way, the virus continues to be a problem

The USA had 31,824 new cases yesterday.
The UK 650 new cases

Source https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Spain has not said how many new cases they have had but Catalonia new cases are increasing rapidly.

Source https://www.catalannews.com/society-science/item/coronavirus-in-catalonia-daily-figures-explained-in-graphs

Richard Taylor
12th Jul 2020, 18:25
Nicola Sturgeon is indeed point scoring. Friend came in from BCN yesterday, only one hand wash in the whole terminal. Immigration indifferent but very impressed that she had filled in the form. The political rhetoric versus reality big chasm of course. But visibly gloating over England cheers the sheep up.

What a load of utter tosh and typical of far too many on the likes of here.

SealinkBF
12th Jul 2020, 19:12
What a load of utter tosh and typical of far too many on the likes of here.

Indeed. I cringe at Boris’s rambling briefings but don’t want to take this further off topic.

GoEDI
12th Jul 2020, 23:24
I see that the Qatar flights are suspended until the end of next week. Is this because of quarantine regulations?

Flights still on sale for 15th and 17th...?

inOban
13th Jul 2020, 08:23
Where? On the Qatar site the first flight I find on their calendar is the 24th.

Sk1schoolsam
13th Jul 2020, 11:18
Where? On the Qatar site the first flight I find on their calendar is the 24th.

15th and 17th still bookable and not showing as cancelled on Qatar web booking tool. Only today’s shows as cancelled

C172Navigator
13th Jul 2020, 21:47
I agree, Sturgeon is point scoring the entire time. She never has anything positive to say. Simply wants to create fear amongst the population then offer them a way out by wearing face masks and chanting how awful the real Government is.

On a lighter note I'm operating an EDI-Palma flight on Saturday. The booked load is almost full for the way down so people do want to get away, even to Spain.

olster
13th Jul 2020, 22:26
Have a good one, C172. I wasn’t going to reply to the usual snippy drivel. The ‘likes of me’ are entitled to my views which I believe resonates with half of Scotland anyway. The oh so tedious political and obvious point scoring is one thing but the complete disregard for the aviation and ancillary businesses is extremely depressing. The SG is economically illiterate and the livelihoods of the airport employees do not appear to feature or concern Sturgeon. I used to fly out of Edinburgh for years and I am gutted for my former colleagues ( orange and silvery red variety).

Cheers

tictack67
14th Jul 2020, 06:57
[QUOTE=C172Navigator;10836391]I agree, Sturgeon is point scoring the entire time. She never has anything positive to say. Simply wants to create fear amongst the population then offer them a way out by wearing face masks and chanting how awful the real Government is.

On a lighter note I'm operating an EDI-Palma flight on Saturday. The booked load is almost full for the way down so people do want to get away, even to Spain.[/QUOTE

What evidence to you have to say who is doing it right?

Just because it inconveniences your organisation or roster isn't evidence enough.

Florida had had 30,000 new cases in last 2 days.

On 12/07/20 Catalonia had 816 NEW covid cases

On 13/02020 Scotland had 6

Source

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/news/international/2020/07/12/69601/new-covid-data-shows-increase-infections-spain.html

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-data-for-scotland/

inOban
14th Jul 2020, 07:16
At this time of year there would be, I think, nearly 20 flights a week from EDI to Palma. At present, just 2. So 90 % of the usual travellers are, wisely, staying home.

Paddyc
14th Jul 2020, 07:30
The Daily Bulletin article refers to cases across the whole of Spain. New cases in Majorca NIL

tictack67
14th Jul 2020, 07:53
The Daily Bulletin article refers to cases across the whole of Spain. New cases in Majorca NIL

Thanks, you are correct and I've ammended the original post.

It seems Spain like UK has problem with consistent posting in a reliable place these new figures.

Alarming re Catalonia.

BigDoris
14th Jul 2020, 08:40
Thanks, you are correct and I've ammended the original post.

It seems Spain like UK has problem with consistent posting in a reliable place these new figures.

Alarming re Catalonia.

Do they?

https://www.mscbs.gob.es/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov-China/documentos/Actualizacion_161_COVID-19.pdf

https://coronavirus-staging.data.gov.uk/

Coochycool
16th Jul 2020, 08:50
Anyone any idea why the Air China flight yesterday showed up on the Departures listing but not Arrivals?

And whether they will be back?

Cheers

Cooch

SWBKCB
16th Jul 2020, 09:19
Anyone any idea why the Air China flight yesterday showed up on the Departures listing but not Arrivals?

It came in empty and took passengers out.

Porrohman
17th Jul 2020, 09:32

And whether they will be back?

Cheers

Cooch
It was a repatriation flight. Possibly students returning home at the end of term? AFAIK, that's the last of three repatriation flights.

Plane mad 134
22nd Jul 2020, 19:39
Courtesy of Airlineroute:

Air Canada Rouge replacement.
Toronto – Edinburgh eff 04JUN21 737 MAX 8 replacing rouge 767, 4 weekly.

VickersVicount
22nd Jul 2020, 21:48
Courtesy of Airlineroute:

Air Canada Rouge replacement.
Toronto – Edinburgh eff 04JUN21 737 MAX 8 replacing rouge 767, 4 weekly.
Odd that EDI only route to go down from widebody 763 to 738. Maybe the only destination within range. DY did it no bother. Suppose if having to be transferred to Mainline, even though a small narrowbody, it should have a variation of AC business class which might be a plus if any of the usual leisure pax fancy it.

inOban
22nd Jul 2020, 22:31
Am I right that Norwegian have suspended flights to Oslo until September 1? Although SAS start tomorrow.

willy wombat
23rd Jul 2020, 04:56
Odd that EDI only route to go down from widebody 763 to 738. Maybe the only destination within range. DY did it no bother. Suppose if having to be transferred to Mainline, even though a small narrowbody, it should have a variation of AC business class which might be a plus if any of the usual leisure pax fancy it.
if EDI in range, GLA certainly is too, and according to same article GLA stays on 767

Plane mad 134
23rd Jul 2020, 08:55
Timings for the New BHD route on EI Regional/Stobart Air Thanks to SeanM on twitter:

BHD-EDI
0715-0805 EDI (M-Sa)
1610-1700 EDI (M-F&Su)
1835-1925 EDI (Su)

EDI-BHD
0840-0935 (M-Sa)
1735-1830 (M-F&Su)
2020-2115 (Su)

This is at 13x weekly before it increases to 18x weekly.

Sk1schoolsam
23rd Jul 2020, 09:09
if EDI in range, GLA certainly is too, and according to same article GLA stays on 767

Article also expects further changes to be announced so would not be supposed to see GLA change too, weirdly it still both Rouge 767and AC mainline 738m flights To EDI.

tictack67
23rd Jul 2020, 09:25

I believe this is an increase to 4 flights a week.

Air Canada used to fly St Johns to LHR In A320 before.

I suppose telling comfort factors will be in the seat pitch, not the size of the aircraft.

Great to see Turkish Airlines Istanbul upgraded to A321 a couple of times a week, others on B737