PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh-3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

SealinkBF
13th Nov 2019, 08:52
Flybe add new EDI-SEN 3x daily from 15th June 2020 all on EDI based planes. Great news!

Loganair missed a trick there....

lfc84
13th Nov 2019, 09:05
Some flights are already bookable on 3rd party websites such as Skyscanner

if you cant enter your preferred date on the flybe website, just enter then end of march and scroll forward through the dates on the flybe website

Plane mad 134
13th Nov 2019, 12:40
Flybe S20 now out notable changes are:
· New 18x weekly Southend flights on Dash8 Q400
· Heathrow decreases to 5x daily from 6x daily
· London City will see leased E190 service on peak flights
· Belfast City sees better timings
· Birmingham sees more E175 service and better timings
· Southampton increases to 5x daily with a new morning service

Link: https://www.flybe.com/media/news/1911/1113?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=&utm_term=flybe&utm_content=f57b8f74-81fa-4599-848a-7a3e8b35e852&utm_campaign=default_post

Plane mad 134
14th Nov 2019, 15:27
Aegean will increase EDI-ATH from 2x to 3x weekly eff 24th June 2020.

Plane mad 134
23rd Nov 2019, 09:08
Does anyone have the S20 initial coordination report for EDI? As I it doesn't get posted and you have to request it, So was just wondering if anyone has it?

VickersVicount
23rd Nov 2019, 22:28
Given QR DOH CWL loads barely into 60's presumably EDI after many years ops now up into the 80's ? Still a lot of empty seats (even if J busier)

CabinCrewe
23rd Nov 2019, 22:32
Given QR DOH CWL loads barely into 60's
EDI is consistently no better I don't think.
Would be fascinating to see how other QR routes do across the globe.

GoEDI
24th Nov 2019, 00:18
Given QR DOH CWL loads barely into 60's presumably EDI after many years ops now up into the 80's ? Still a lot of empty seats (even if J busier)

Given you bring this up on a regular basis I think you already know the answer... I think we have all learnt by now that, outside of peak travel times, loads on QR's UK regional routes are not the highest... The 12 month rolling avg is currently 70% at EDI. Not sure how that compares to other UK regional routes, but capacities all vary anyway...

Loads for Oct appear to be BHX 71%/MAN 65%/EDI 63%/CWL 50%

The LFs say nothing about yield and how profitable the route may, or may not, be...nor how valuable it is to QR's overall hub operation in terms of adding volume.

EDI has gone from B788->A359->up to 10x weekly A359 in a relatively short space of time. Growth is still good, as long as the route keeps growing into it's recently added capacity over the next year or two, that's the important thing.

A350Saltire
24th Nov 2019, 08:43
Given you bring this up on a regular basis I think you already know the answer... I think we have all learnt by now that, outside of peak travel times, loads on QR's UK regional routes are not the highest... The 12 month rolling avg is currently 70% at EDI. Not sure how that compares to other UK regional routes, but capacities all vary anyway...

Loads for Oct appear to be BHX 71%/MAN 65%/EDI 63%/CWL 50%

The LFs say nothing about yield and how profitable the route may, or may not, be...nor how valuable it is to QR's overall hub operation in terms of adding volume.

EDI has gone from B788->A359->up to 10x weekly A359 in a relatively short space of time. Growth is still good, as long as the route keeps growing into it's recently added capacity over the next year or two, that's the important thing.

QR still growing whilst also competing with EK now at EDI who had an 80% LF in October.

inOban
24th Nov 2019, 22:23
QR must surely be gaining business pax from their membership of OneWorld, with frequent flyers collecting Airmiles.

Breathe
25th Nov 2019, 16:01
A consultation site has been launched with images of the preferred road alignment:

https://www.edinburgh-airport-eastern-access-road.co.uk/

https://i.imgur.com/bqrpIBE.jpg

Breathe
25th Nov 2019, 16:06
Missed this from earlier in the month. I didn't realise the bus route was doing that well.‘Game-changing’ fleet of coaches to boost Glasgow link to Edinburgh Airport https://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/game-changing-fleet-of-coaches-to-boost-glasgow-link-to-edinburgh-airport-1-5041832

Plane mad 134
25th Nov 2019, 16:12
A consultation site has been launched with images of the preferred road alignment:

https://www.edinburgh-airport-eastern-access-road.co.uk/

https://i.imgur.com/bqrpIBE.jpg

Very interesting, there is what looks to be a proposed new terminal area as well.

Sk1schoolsam
25th Nov 2019, 21:08
Very interesting, there is what looks to be a proposed new terminal area as well.

Intriguing why they are using outdated plans and aerial images that don’t show the newly built terminal extension. Think the outline plans for a south pier extension have been around for a while but don’t see that happening any time soon. I thought a extra pier on the new extension towards the old runway was more likely if at all. Not much insensitive to expand if no foreseen growth in passengers or flights. Much talked about increased capacity for NAM flights with WB aircraft so far has not materialised for example.

Disappointing that they designers are actively avoiding a duel carriageway, but then again this might clever move to help get it through planning as it would potentially meet less resistance.

nighthawk117
26th Nov 2019, 08:40
The proposed road, and the new stands recently constructed, all seem a little short sighted to me - they are cutting off a lot of land. Would they not be better routing the road along the current perimeter fence, then at least they can use the old runway as a taxiway, and use the land over the far side for aviation related services (remote stands / hangers etc?)

They're not leaving themselves much land for expansion in the future.

Porrohman
26th Nov 2019, 12:37
The proposed road, and the new stands recently constructed, all seem a little short sighted to me - they are cutting off a lot of land. Would they not be better routing the road along the current perimeter fence, then at least they can use the old runway as a taxiway, and use the land over the far side for aviation related services (remote stands / hangers etc?)

They're not leaving themselves much land for expansion in the future.
I agree. It appears this road alignment is designed to maximise space for ancillary and non-aviation use. It seems very short sighted.

Skipness One Foxtrot
27th Nov 2019, 13:37
Ok I know now Hainan have permanently culled the route, They have retained the slots for Dublin but cancelled EDI by the looks of it, Also take this as you want but Icelandair and WestJet are both looking at starting EDI to Reykjavik and Toronto respectively. And before anyone says stop rumour stirring I have an anonymous source,
WestJet and Icelandair will have been looking at doing that for years, the market is reviewed annually, but it doesn't mean they're launching EDI. It would be news if they *weren't* looking at it. WestJet is going to be constrained by a lack of B737s as there's a chance they will be MAX-less going into the summer. EDI-YYZ has always been an odd one, Worldways made it work then Transat but it just died out and Rouge still split Scottish ops with GLA 3 days a week and EDI on the other 4.

ld0595
27th Nov 2019, 15:50
With all due respect, it's still a rumour until there is actual confirmation.

FlyingScotland
27th Nov 2019, 17:41
WestJet and Icelandair will have been looking at doing that for years, the market is reviewed annually, but it doesn't mean they're launching EDI. It would be news if they *weren't* looking at it. WestJet is going to be constrained by a lack of B737s as there's a chance they will be MAX-less going into the summer. EDI-YYZ has always been an odd one, Worldways made it work then Transat but it just died out and Rouge still split Scottish ops with GLA 3 days a week and EDI on the other 4.

Exactly correct. I've pointed this out before to PlaneMad. This is just more fantasy made up on the spot rumours from the EDI fantasist.

PlaneMad has an obsession with posting made up rumours about Icelandair and WestJet adding EDI. He's made the same post many times over the last couple of years. Never has there been any substance to it, nor has it ever came from a reliable poster. I can only presume that this posters obsession with these two airlines comes from the fact that the airlines already serve GLA and not is his favourite local airport. :rolleyes:

Textbook Fanboyism.

Flightrider
27th Nov 2019, 21:53
To be fair - a tendency which doesn't come readily to me - both WestJet and Icelandair have applied for slots at EDI for Summer 2020. They both have done so on previous occasions and have not launched services, and there is nothing to suggest that this time will be any different. However, an application for slots by the carriers does at least indicate *some* passing interest in serving the EDI market.

nighthawk117
28th Nov 2019, 08:22
I'd say it's just a matter of time... both are routes that work well from GLA, so should do equally well from EDI.

However, both airlines are struggling for capacity with the MAX still being grounded, so I doubt there'll be any announcements until a timescale for that returning to the air is announced.

willy wombat
28th Nov 2019, 09:29
I have a question re EDI stand planning. I frequently use EZY from/to LGW and the flights frequently use gates 2/3/4. Yesterday afternoon the LGW was on gate 3 and the BRS on gate 2. Not only does this lead to loads of congestion as the arriving pax try to push past the pax queuing for departure (and yesterday the LGW and BRS queues got totally mixed up with each other) but it means that arriving pax have to walk the whole length of the departure lounge to get to domestic arrivals. Would it not make more sense to allocate gates nearer to domestic arrivals for these flights? It was not exactly busy yesterday afternoon - plenty of contact stands available. One other point re the EDI terminal - a nasty pinch point has been created between Weatherspoons and Burger King with pax walking in both directions causing congestion. I'm surprised the fire service allows it.

Plane mad 134
28th Nov 2019, 09:39
Tui add new 1x weekly Sharm El Sheikh starting 2nd November 2020. Great news and is the first African route in a while.

inOban
28th Nov 2019, 10:49
Sharm-el-Sheik isn't in Africa. Wrong side of the Suez canal.

Sk1schoolsam
28th Nov 2019, 11:55
Sharm-el-Sheik isn't in Africa. Wrong side of the Suez canal.

Accoding to the internet of things:

”Although Egypt sits in the north of the Africancontinent it is considered by many to be a Middle Eastern country, partly because the main spoken language there is Egyptian Arabic, the main religion is Islam and it is a member of the Arab League.”

😊😊😊

Sk1schoolsam
28th Nov 2019, 12:05
Tui add new 1x weekly Sharm El Sheikh starting 2nd November 2020. Great news and is the first African route in a while.

Positive news, I wonder what frame they will use for this as the return leg is quoted as 6hrs 25 mins. Out with a 738’s flight range? Possibly a 757 (doubt it would be 767 or Dreamliner)

inOban
28th Nov 2019, 12:12
Precisely. Most of Egypt is geographically in Africa, including Hurghada, even though the population is Arabic. But AFAIK, the geographical boundary between Africa and Asia is the Canal, so the Sinai is in Asia.

ROC10
28th Nov 2019, 13:49
Positive news, I wonder what frame they will use for this as the return leg is quoted as 6hrs 25 mins. Out with a 738’s flight range? Possibly a 757 (doubt it would be 767 or Dreamliner)

They used the 738 on this route before so it is capable. The MAX is also planned to be based at EDI upon its return so it will likely be that, definitely not a 757.

Plane mad 134
28th Nov 2019, 18:46
I have feeling Jet2 to Lisbon will be announced next week, watch this space.

inOban
28th Nov 2019, 19:19
That would seem unlikely since the route is already served by both EZY and FR
They've dropped out of Vienna and will soon drop Budapest where there is LCC competition.

ld0595
28th Nov 2019, 19:28
Where's this rumour coming from...?

DUB19
28th Nov 2019, 21:18
Where's this rumour coming from...?
Probably his head

Flightrider
28th Nov 2019, 21:24
No substance to that one at all.

CabinCrewe
28th Nov 2019, 21:37
watch this space.
We are watching this space very closely. Another 'anonymous source' or from the much maligned Slot Allocations? Plain Mad indeed.

Plane mad 134
28th Nov 2019, 21:44
We are watching this space very closely. Another 'anonymous source' or from the much maligned Slot Allocations? Plain Mad indeed.
Make fun all you want, Im just saying its not from the slot allocations. And yes watch this space.

Sk1schoolsam
28th Nov 2019, 22:38
They used the 738 on this route before so it is capable. The MAX is also planned to be based at EDI upon its return so it will likely be that, definitely not a 757.

Why not??

I would be a bit concerned if they were relying on the MAX being back in service to deliver this route. Who knows if or when that will happen.

Would they not have to fly a 738 light to get that range like Norwegian had to do early doors on their TA routes? just curious.

Yeehaw22
28th Nov 2019, 23:02
Why not??

I would be a bit concerned if they were relying on the MAX being back in service to deliver this route. Who knows if or when that will happen.

Would they not have to fly a 738 light to get that range like Norwegian had to do early doors on their TA routes? just curious.

Because it's not a 757 base, because most if not all the 757s are going by winter 20 and if the max isn't back flying by November 2020 then Tui will have far bigger issues to solve than payload restricting a 738 to sharm. Although am pretty sure the 738 has the legs for sharm with full load.

ROC10
28th Nov 2019, 23:41
Why not??

They aren’t going to bring a 757 into EDI for one flight (not a 757 base so no crews etc), especially as most are planned to be gone by then and the few that remain will be tied up at LGW/MAN/BHX. Furthermore, having significantly more seats, the 757 will be even harder to fill in the winter months and this aircraft is less economical (especially compared to the MAX), especially if not full.

Additionally, as I already mentioned, the 738 was used on this route prior to it’s suspension so clearly it is capable. The 738 currently manages the likes of MAN-RMF and BRS-SID on a weekly bases. Even though it remains uncertain, it is likely that the MAX will be back in service by November 2020.

willy wombat
29th Nov 2019, 09:34
I think you can assume that if the Max isn't back in service by Nov 2020 then it never will be. Any chance someone answering my EDI stand planning question above? I know its boring discussing how an airport actually runs and serves its customers as opposed to what new spotting opportunities there might be.

Skipness One Foxtrot
29th Nov 2019, 10:16
I have a question re EDI stand planning. I frequently use EZY from/to LGW and the flights frequently use gates 2/3/4. Yesterday afternoon the LGW was on gate 3 and the BRS on gate 2. Not only does this lead to loads of congestion as the arriving pax try to push past the pax queuing for departure (and yesterday the LGW and BRS queues got totally mixed up with each other) but it means that arriving pax have to walk the whole length of the departure lounge to get to domestic arrivals. Would it not make more sense to allocate gates nearer to domestic arrivals for these flights? It was not exactly busy yesterday afternoon - plenty of contact stands available. One other point re the EDI terminal - a nasty pinch point has been created between Weatherspoons and Burger King with pax walking in both directions causing congestion. I'm surprised the fire service allows it.
The stand layout is subpar even before you get to the allocation. There was a time when Midland had Gate 1, BA on 2 or 3 with AirUK using 4 when the Terminal was fit for the level of traffic it handled. Nowadays BA's most-favoured-airline status sees you dropped off at Cargo and bussed if you get the last Shuttle from LHR! Some of the old domestic gates now grant access to the UK Border and so can't be used to board until an arriving aircraft has cleared, (the old glass doors approach BAA used to have at LGW and still has at LHR Pier 7) It *may* be the case your EZY domestic departure had arrived on an international so was allocated those gates.
If they use the East Pier, it's a bus to International arrivals which adds to cost and inconvenience.

BTW the option exists to fly a B757 on a W pattern into EDI, adds to costs but you know what, it happens a lot.

tictack67
29th Nov 2019, 10:37
According to the TUI flight schedule looks like departing morning and arriving back in the evening.

Still over a year away, lots may happen before then, and with Brexit there may have to be some sort of international departures, or checking of passports customs leaving the UK

ROC10
29th Nov 2019, 11:55
According to the TUI flight schedule looks like departing morning and arriving back in the evening.

Still over a year away, lots may happen before then, and with Brexit there may have to be some sort of international departures, or checking of passports customs leaving the UK

I’m assuming you’re responding to the poster suggesting that a 757 could be used on a W-pattern? This will not happen, especially not on such a long route. TUI have no good reason to bring the 757 in for this route and I’m failing to see where this idea is coming from frankly. The based aircraft was going to be idle anyway so it makes no sense.

inOban
29th Nov 2019, 12:31
AIRC FlyGlobespan flew the route, but I've forgotten what a/c?

Sk1schoolsam
29th Nov 2019, 14:36
I’m assuming you’re responding to the poster suggesting that a 757 could be used on a W-pattern? This will not happen, especially not on such a long route. TUI have no good reason to bring the 757 in for this route and I’m failing to see where this idea is coming from frankly. The based aircraft was going to be idle anyway so it makes no sense.

Steady on ROC10, no need for that tone with me pal. I was only asking if the TUI 738 was able to to fly the new route to Egypt or if they would need to bring in an alternative. The question was answered by others already, was not aware the 738 used to fly the route before. Someone else brought up the W route suggestion.

ROC10
29th Nov 2019, 15:32
Steady on ROC10, no need for that tone with me pal. I was only asking if the TUI 738 was able to to fly the new route to Egypt or if they would need to bring in an alternative. The question was answered by others already, was not aware the 738 used to fly the route before. Someone else brought up the W route suggestion.

Apologies, you’ve misunderstood, I was referring to the poster suggesting the W-pattern, not you. As you say, the matter has been discussed.

tictack67
29th Nov 2019, 18:33

Actually I wasn't referring to neither the 757 or the w-patttern, In fact I never mentioned either.

I was merely mentioning departure and arrival times

​​​​​​

CabinCrewe
29th Nov 2019, 20:24
The based aircraft was going to be idle anyway
Whhatt?! an idle EDI aircraft... surely not.

tartan 201
30th Nov 2019, 09:59
To be fair - a tendency which doesn't come readily to me - both WestJet and Icelandair have applied for slots at EDI for Summer 2020. They both have done so on previous occasions and have not launched services, and there is nothing to suggest that this time will be any different. However, an application for slots by the carriers does at least indicate *some* passing interest in serving the EDI market.

Icelandair is expected to announce "a new destination in Europe" in the coming weeks according to the article below. Time will tell whether it is EDI or one of the doubtless many other airports that they have considered serving.
​​​​​
​​​​https://www.mbl.is/vidskipti/frettir/2019/11/28/einn_nyr_afangastadur_i_evropu/

VickersVicount
30th Nov 2019, 10:55
Time will tell whether it is EDI
When you see how the figures rocketed with high summer with budget low cost carriers Wow and EasyJet, then the numbers seem certainly to be there. Where did those pax all go? One wonders why EasyJet chose not to capitalise and fill all the lost capacity.
With EDIs reasonable summer transatlantic profile, does it need another connecting North American operator to dilute?

Plane mad 134
30th Nov 2019, 12:55
Icelandair is expected to announce "a new destination in Europe" in the coming weeks according to the article below. Time will tell whether it is EDI or one of the doubtless many other airports that they have considered serving.
​​​​​
​​​​https://www.mbl.is/vidskipti/frettir/2019/11/28/einn_nyr_afangastadur_i_evropu/

Hopefully it's EDI, I did say a few days ago EDI was being looked at by FI and that flights may be announced. Although as previously stated time will tell.

sinbad73
30th Nov 2019, 13:59
When you see how the figures rocketed with high summer with budget low cost carriers Wow and EasyJet, then the numbers seem certainly to be there. Where did those pax all go? One wonders why EasyJet chose not to capitalise and fill all the lost capacity.
With EDIs reasonable summer transatlantic profile, does it need another connecting North American operator to dilute?

Icelandair aren't a North American operator.

Yes, they operate to North America, but they aren't North American.

willy wombat
30th Nov 2019, 14:18
Just thought I’d point out my post number 1065 on March 28th on this thread.

VickersVicount
30th Nov 2019, 16:08
Icelandair aren't a North American operator.

Yes, they operate to North America, but they aren't North American.
They 'operate' to North America... I presumed that was clear, obviously not...
I don't think anyone ever suggested Icelandair (which we all know is a European island nation) were North American :rolleyes:

sinbad73
30th Nov 2019, 17:49
They 'operate' to North America... I presumed that was clear, obviously not...
I don't think anyone ever suggested Icelandair (which we all know is a European island nation) were North American :rolleyes:

Glad you've realised your error.

Plane mad 134
4th Dec 2019, 09:00
Jet2 to Lisbon has not been announced, they pulled out last minute due to fleet capacity next summer. They want to focus on BHX, MAN and STN. Its a good decision though as they would have been struggling against Ryanair and EasyJet.

Flightrider
4th Dec 2019, 09:50
They never had any plans to operate EDI-LIS! Why are you making this stuff up?

ld0595
4th Dec 2019, 13:59
Jet2 to Lisbon has not been announced, they pulled out last minute due to fleet capacity next summer. They want to focus on BHX, MAN and STN. Its a good decision though as they would have been struggling against Ryanair and EasyJet.

Source please.

Plane mad 134
4th Dec 2019, 15:35
Source please.

I heard it from an anonymous source who has told me about some airlines before they announced any routes, Jet2 was on the cards for Lisbon but not anymore.

I know of several other news but I won't be saying those.

In other news Delta will be using premium heavy 757 on the JFK and BOS, maybe in the future this will turn into a 767, thus the reason more premium seats as the demand is there. Source for this was the Delta seat maps.

GoEDI
4th Dec 2019, 18:24

Probably because international arrivals 1 is closed mid week for the winter season. That means domestic flights are more likely to be assigned stands in the cul-de-sac when necessary, as international arrivals are all getting processed through international arrivals 2 on those days. Plus, stand 7 is out of use for the foreseeable, so one domestic stand down which also reduces options.

GoEDI
4th Dec 2019, 18:32
I heard it from an anonymous source who has told me about some airlines before they announced any routes, Jet2 was on the cards for Lisbon but not anymore.

I know of several other news but I won't be saying those.

In other news Delta will be using premium heavy 757 on the JFK and BOS, maybe in the future this will turn into a 767, thus the reason more premium seats as the demand is there. Source for this was the Delta seat maps.

What exactly is a premium heavy 757? As far as I'm aware, the international flat bed configured aircraft (75S) all have the same 16 seat capacity?

If it's showing more than 16 seats that would mean a domestic first configured aircraft. I wouldn't class that as a good thing as it's an inferior product that they charge less for, hence normally goes on lower yielding routes.

Plane mad 134
4th Dec 2019, 18:44
What exactly is a premium heavy 757? As far as I'm aware, the international flat bed configured aircraft (75S) all have the same 16 seat capacity?

If it's showing more than 16 seats that would mean a domestic first configured aircraft. I wouldn't class that as a good thing as it's an inferior product that they charge less for, hence normally goes on lower yielding routes.

It must be international as there are 16 flat bed seats still, Although the back is greyed out so there is only 72 economy seats up for sale on both flights instead of the usual 108 on international configured 757?

nighthawk117
5th Dec 2019, 08:42
It must be international as there are 16 flat bed seats still, Although the back is greyed out so there is only 72 economy seats up for sale on both flights instead of the usual 108 on international configured 757?

so basically its the same aircraft configuration they've always used, and you're just making things up now?

willy wombat
5th Dec 2019, 09:31
GoEDI - thank you for your response re stand planning.

Plane mad 134
5th Dec 2019, 09:33
so basically its the same aircraft configuration they've always used, and you're just making things up now?

Absolutely not, Look at the post properly, I said instead of 108 Economy seats there is only 72 Available, check the seat map yourself and you will see the back rows are all Greyed out.

SWBKCB
5th Dec 2019, 10:00
Absolutely not, Look at the post properly, I said instead of 108 Economy seats there is only 72 Available, check the seat map yourself and you will see the back rows are all Greyed out.

I'm getting lost now - so it has the same number of Premium seats, but they are selling fewer economy seats? So they aren't increasing the number of Premium seats, but it becomes 'premium heavy' by selling fewer economy seats?

Isn't that more likely to do with range concerns due to stronger winter Westerlies??

GayFriendly
5th Dec 2019, 10:00
They want to focus on BHX, MAN and STN

That bit is certainly true and why they bought the TCX slots at BHX and MAN. At BHX there is still capacity to be filled on Med routes (and plenty of terminal capacity) after the demise of Monarch in 2017. Jet2 have done a fine job of doing so and have further growth plans for BHX, fleet size permitting. I believe the plan was to get to 20 based aircraft by 2022, this has now changed as a result of the MAX issues.

Other bases like EDI will also continue to see Jet2 growth but the main focus for growth (particularly new destinations and additional based aircraft) will be the aforementioned airports. EDI was not considered by Jet2 for the launch of LIS flights in 2020.

FlyingScotland
5th Dec 2019, 14:14
They never had any plans to operate EDI-LIS! Why are you making this stuff up?

It's what he does. It's a new EDI fantasy every day. I wonder what nonsense he'll post tomorrow. :}

Porrohman
5th Dec 2019, 16:32
Perhaps Delta is planning to adjust the number of business and/or premium economy seats on its Edinburgh services? If so, it would make sense to restrict the number of economy seats it sells until plans are finalised. These are the five existing seat layouts for their B752s;
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Delta_Airlines/Delta_Airlines_Boeing_757-200_75S.php

BA318
5th Dec 2019, 16:38
Perhaps Delta is planning to adjust the number of business and/or premium economy seats on its Edinburgh services? If so, it would make sense to restrict the number of economy seats it sells until plans are finalised. These are the five existing seat layouts for their B752s;
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Delta_Airlines/Delta_Airlines_Boeing_757-200_75S.php

But the other configs all have more than 108 seats so it would make no sense to reduce that number further. You could sell as many seats as you have on the least dense plane - therefore you could sell at least 108 seats if this was the case.

As for the other user, whats the point in posting about how many new routes you know of? What use is that information if you want to keep it to yourself. Either its true and happening or its not. You adopt quite an aggressive tone with users who are clearly as clued up or more so than you not just on this site but others too. Look at the arguments you had over the slot report request.

Plane mad 134
5th Dec 2019, 16:44
But the other configs all have more than 108 seats so it would make no sense to reduce that number further. You could sell as many seats as you have on the least dense plane - therefore you could sell at least 108 seats if this was the case.

As for the other user, whats the point in posting about how many new routes you know of? What use is that information if you want to keep it to yourself. Either its true and happening or its not. You adopt quite an aggressive tone with users who are clearly as clued up or more so than you not just on this site but others too. Look at the arguments you had over the slot report request.

Tbf you have a point, I need to just keep it to myself and post factual information. Sorry if what I said has come across as aggresive as I never meant it to seem like that.

ROC10
5th Dec 2019, 17:02
Tbf you have a point, I need to just keep it to myself and post factual information. Sorry if what I said has come across as aggresive as I never meant it to seem like that.

That's not strictly true though, is it? Isn't this a "rumour network"? I wouldn't define a "rumour" as being entirely "factual information".

I guess what others are getting at is that there should be some more substance to such rumours, regardless of whether sources are "anonymous", etc.

I still see no harm in posting rumours that fail to transpire, it's only a forum at the end of the day. Although admittedly, it does look like some clear mistruths may have been posted here previously.

Porrohman
5th Dec 2019, 17:04
Something else to note is that Delta's B752s are powered by PW2037s which are slightly more fuel efficient but a lot less powerful than the RR engines in AA and UA B752s. According to the detailed performance figures available on the Boeing website, the generic PW2037 powered B752 can be slightly payload restricted opearting out of EDI due to runway length depending upon prevailing weather, runway condition and runway in use. Runway 06 on a warm, wet day is the more restrictive one because of the proximity of the railway embankment and thus the much shorter clearway available to reach a safe height.

https://www.boeing.com/commercial/airports/plan_manuals.page

Without access to the exact weights for Delta's aircraft, I can't say whether this restriction applies to them but it's not inconceivable that a more premium heavy version could make sense for Delta if they can fill the premium seats. I expect they will already know the answer to that question.

GoEDI
5th Dec 2019, 20:29

I expect that will be a combination of seats already sold, and perhaps some seat blocks by the airline that will be released at a later date for a variety of reasons. The seat maps showing are just the standard 168 seat B75Ws used on most international services.

Porrohman
6th Dec 2019, 11:43
My guess is that Delta is planning to increase the number of premium economy seats in the international configured B752s at the expense of standard economy. Time will tell.

CabinCrewe
6th Dec 2019, 19:38
Now Plane Mad 134 heres something for you to get giddy over....
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/287975/vueling-adds-one-time-paris-edinburgh-service-in-march-2020/

Plane mad 134
6th Dec 2019, 19:43
Now Plane Mad 134 heres something for you to get giddy over....
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/287975/vueling-adds-one-time-paris-edinburgh-service-in-march-2020/

A rugby flight, There is also one available for Rome too.

CabinCrewe
9th Dec 2019, 14:09
Welcome back. Your time-out break was short lived.
So the rugby charter was even less exciting than the much maligned BACF Mykonos/Dublin 'rumours' ?

Plane mad 134
9th Dec 2019, 15:16
Welcome back. Your time-out break was short lived.
So the rugby charter was even less exciting than the much maligned BACF Mykonos/Dublin 'rumours' ?

Yes I feel that even though some people may not like my snippets of rumours or info I can say there is some who do, therefore I decided I will continue to post what I know or what is potentially going to happen in the future. Back to news though, If the news article is correct about Icelandair and I have got the EDI bit correct then we may see an announcement this week as that was what the article said.

Plane mad 134
10th Dec 2019, 17:55
And with EasyJet possibly announcing new routes tommorow, I think Gibraltar and Catania are frontrunners to be announced. Does anyone know when Gibraltar was last served from EDI?

sinbad73
10th Dec 2019, 18:04
And with EasyJet possibly announcing new routes tommorow, I think Gibraltar and Catania are frontrunners to be announced. Does anyone know when Gibraltar was last served from EDI?

Has it ever been?

Skipness One Foxtrot
10th Dec 2019, 18:33
It has never been served from the whole of Scotland so far as I know, it’s really niche that far North, AGP is also very close by. Maybe worth starting a new thread in “Spotters Balcony” if this is the direction we’re heading? Could be fun for a few.....

sinbad73
10th Dec 2019, 18:48
It has never been served from the whole of Scotland so far as I know, it’s really niche that far North, AGP is also very close by. Maybe worth starting a new thread in “Spotters Balcony” if this is the direction we’re heading? Could be fun for a few.....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MKY661
10th Dec 2019, 19:06
Fantastic news if EDI-GIB is announced, I've heard the route from BRS has been very successful so hopefully the same would be said here if true. Plus EasyJet don't even serve AGP from here.

FlyingScotland
10th Dec 2019, 20:04
Looks like just another one of PlaneMad's EDI fantasies. I think he's made this "rumour" up on the bases that you can now book an easyJet Holiday to Gibraltar from EDI. What PlaneMad has failed to realise, or chosen to ignore and not highlight, is that these holidays use the existing EDI AGP flights.

This thread really would be a better, more informed place without the school boy and his daily fantasies.

Plane mad 134
10th Dec 2019, 20:06
Looks like just another one of PlaneMad's EDI fantasies. I think he's made this "rumour" up on the bases that you can now book an easyJet Holiday to Gibraltar from EDI. What PlaneMad has failed to realise, or chosen to ignore and not highlight, is that these holidays use the existing EDI AGP flights.

This thread really would be a better, more informed place without the school boy and his daily fantasies.
I would wait until tommorow before making comments such as these, as you will look silly if EasyJet do indeed an announce the routes aforementioned.

Callum Johnstone
10th Dec 2019, 21:40
Looks like just another one of PlaneMad's EDI fantasies. I think he's made this "rumour" up on the bases that you can now book an easyJet Holiday to Gibraltar from EDI. What PlaneMad has failed to realise, or chosen to ignore and not highlight, is that these holidays use the existing EDI AGP flights.This thread really would be a better, more informed place without the school boy and his daily fantasies.What "existing EDI AGP flights" are you referring to? EZY doesn't operate EDI-AGP. If you're going to attack others for alleged factual inaccuracy maybe you should check your own facts first.

sinbad73
10th Dec 2019, 23:15
EDI-CTA and EDI-GIB bookable on the EZY app.

ib26uk
10th Dec 2019, 23:18
What about EDI-BHX ?..........

CraigJay
10th Dec 2019, 23:29
Catania twice weekly from the 29th March and Gibraltar twice weekly from the 31st March.

ROC10
10th Dec 2019, 23:33
Well that seems a turn of events.

I think it’s definitely true to say some posters shouldn’t be so harsh in shutting down the “rumours” others contribute, especially when these turn out to be true. The word “rumour” is after all in the title of this forum.

More importantly, great news on these new routes!

Plane mad 134
11th Dec 2019, 06:36
Definitely good news, Gibraltar is a first for EDI and CTA should do well too. This confirms the 9th based aircraft just waiting on Birmingham to be put on sale.

goldeneye
11th Dec 2019, 06:51
Gibraltar from Edinburgh is fantastic news.

A few posters on here may need to eat humble pie.

Sk1schoolsam
11th Dec 2019, 08:46
Gibraltar from Edinburgh is fantastic news.

A few posters on here may need to eat humble pie.

Very true, waiting for FlyingScot to man up and apologise for his ever more annoying rants at others. If he didn’t like rumours then perhaps they are in the wrong forum. As pointed out the clue is in the title.

A350Saltire
11th Dec 2019, 09:29
Very true, waiting for FlyingScot to man up and apologise for his ever more annoying rants at others. If he didn’t like rumours then perhaps they are in the wrong forum. As pointed out the clue is in the title.

Great news and has definitely put FlyingScot back in his box. The only thing annoying on this forum is posters trying to shut down other posters for discussing rumours that they don’t like.

Stick at it Planemad and thanks for the heads up.

Plane mad 134
11th Dec 2019, 09:49
Great news and has definitely put FlyingScot back in his box. The only thing annoying on this forum is posters trying to shut down other posters for discussing rumours that they don’t like.

Stick at it Planemad and thanks for the heads up.
No problem, I will surely do my best to tell you what I know :)

Skipness One Foxtrot
11th Dec 2019, 11:00
Always good news about new routes, I suspect GIB might be a one year wonder but happy to be wrong. It would be a shame if this all went a bit LAX_LHR, (if you know, you know.....)
Nine based units makes first wave a particular challenge!

BHX5DME
11th Dec 2019, 12:09
What about EDI-BHX ?..........

Work in progress !

inOban
11th Dec 2019, 13:10
Obviously easyJet only have routes on sale until the end of S20, but according to the EDI Twitter, GIB is all year round.

CabinCrewe
11th Dec 2019, 17:07
I suspect GIB might be a one year wonder

Agree.
I suppose if you keep throwing out the slot allocations some will eventually stick.

GrahamK
11th Dec 2019, 17:45
I suspect some bitterness from some?

A350Saltire
11th Dec 2019, 21:48
I suspect some bitterness from some?
It’s ridiculous really. Two good additions from EasyJet and a 9th based aircraft. What’s not to like. Probably on the wrong coast for some people.

According to Gibraltar’a tourism minister the new route to EDI is one of the fastest selling of EasyJet’s new route launches today. It would be great to maintain this as a year round service from Scotland’s busiest airport.

mike current
11th Dec 2019, 22:01
Nine based units makes first wave a particular challenge!

There are 40+ overnight stopping aircraft at EDI in the summer period, so I don't think one extra easyJet unit is going to make much of a difference.

Plane mad 134
14th Dec 2019, 13:02
Ryanair have put Girona on sale at 2x weekly from the 2nd of July.

Breathe
14th Dec 2019, 14:33
Another drop in passenger numbers.

https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/travel/drop-in-passenger-numbers-at-edinburgh-airport-continues-for-second-month-1-5062319

A drop in passenger numbers at Edinburgh Airport has accelerated, new figures show.

The airport has cited falling domestic travellers, particularly after a service to London Stansted was axed, as driving the reduction.

A total of 1,000,246 passengers used the airport last month, down 4.3 per cent on the same month last year.

It marks the second consecutive month of falling passengers numbers, following five years of growth excepting a marginal 0.1 per cent drop caused by the Beast from the East in March 2018.

In October, passengers number were 1,309,170, a 1 per cent dip compared to the same month the previous year.

Domestic passengers were down 13.5 per cent last month to 411,819 compared to the previous year, while international travellers were up 3.3 per cent to 588,427.

The airport said Ryanair scrapping its London Stansted service had led to a 48,000 reduction in passengers but this impact was softened by a strong performance on other domestic routes, including increased services to Heathrow and a new route to the East Midlands.

Gordon Dewar, Edinburgh Airport chief executive, said: "We're on course for another record year at Edinburgh Airport and we welcome that but there's always a disappointment that we haven't been able to share Edinburgh and Scotland with more tourists.

"The end of one of our most popular domestic routes has clearly had an impact and the winter season always sees a small reduction in services so these numbers are not unexpected but it does show that the industry requires support to address the connectivity deficit that Scotland has."

Porrohman
15th Dec 2019, 11:04
The drop in domestic pax numbers is mainly due to Ryanair suspending its STN service. It'll be interesting to see whether it gets reinstated once the Max gets ungrounded.

inOban
15th Dec 2019, 12:54
They also suspended several other routes which had operated last winter.

Plane mad 134
16th Dec 2019, 09:11
Loganair have added 2 new routes from EDI:

Esbjerg- 3x weekly Eff 7th May 2020
Hannover- 5x weekly Eff 17th April 2020

Great news to see Loganair increase their presence more.

mullac30
16th Dec 2019, 15:41
Doha to increase to 14x weekly.
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/press-releases/2019/December/NewDestFreq.html?activeTag=Press-releases

Plane mad 134
16th Dec 2019, 15:48
Doha to increase to 14x weekly.
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/press-releases/2019/December/NewDestFreq.html?activeTag=Press-releases

Even better news! Another one of my rumours proved correct! Well done Qatar and EDI for increasing.

nighthawk117
16th Dec 2019, 16:11
Thats great news to hear.. slightly surprising though, as the loads haven't exactly been huge over the summer. So much for the blood bath everyone predicted when Emirates started flights though.

Skipness One Foxtrot
16th Dec 2019, 16:31
https://onemileatatime.com/qatar-airways-reports-losses/

Qatar Airways is an old fashioned flag carrier, built to get Qatar "out there". They also fly half empty B787s frequently out of CWL and the country is engaged in a cold war with the UAE. Not sure how much of this is commercially driven IMHO. They currently have six B789s on the flightline at PAE.

Great news for EDI though as the second daily DXB cannot be far away.

CabinCrewe
16th Dec 2019, 17:01
They also fly half empty B787s frequently
Ooooft... lets hope 'load factors mean nothing' is true...
One presumes its just double-daily for the previous summer increase period?

inOban
16th Dec 2019, 17:31
The revised CAA statistics for October show that both Qatar and EK are growing from NCL, EDI and GLA. Is this new traffic or are passengers being abstracted from other hubs?

BHX5DME
16th Dec 2019, 18:10
Now on sale !

Plane mad 134
16th Dec 2019, 18:16
Now on sale !

Great news, Tops off all the other announcements nicely.

nighthawk117
17th Dec 2019, 09:24
https://onemileatatime.com/qatar-airways-reports-losses/

Qatar Airways is an old fashioned flag carrier, built to get Qatar "out there". They also fly half empty B787s frequently out of CWL and the country is engaged in a cold war with the UAE. Not sure how much of this is commercially driven IMHO. They currently have six B789s on the flightline at PAE.

Great news for EDI though as the second daily DXB cannot be far away.

Running a single daily flight at 50% for prestige reasons kind of makes sense... but you don't move to twice daily unless there's a commercial reason for doing so.

Skipness One Foxtrot
17th Dec 2019, 11:05
Running a single daily flight at 50% for prestige reasons kind of makes sense... but you don't move to twice daily unless there's a commercial reason for doing so.
Fair comment, I wonder if it's as much to attack EK as it is to make money, I suspect both will be true. Either way, it's all upside for EDI and the consumer.

ATNotts
17th Dec 2019, 11:36
Fair comment, I wonder if it's as much to attack EK as it is to make money, I suspect both will be true. Either way, it's all upside for EDI and the consumer.

Looks very much like two Sheiks willy waving, and using their respective airlines as an alternative to a shooting war!

It's absolutely all upside for EDI unless / until both carriers blink simultaneously and walk away leaving EDI going from feast to famine. Happened at BHX many moons ago when Air Canada tried, successfully, to kill off Wardair on BHX/YYZ and I suspect that the excess competition between AA and UA lead to BHX having no proper direct North Atlantic services! Sometimes one needs to be careful about one wishes for.

Porrohman
17th Dec 2019, 13:15
I'm told by people who regularly use Qatar's EDI service that business class is often full and they either need to travel economy or travel on another day.

wub
17th Dec 2019, 14:35
I'm told by people who regularly use Qatar's EDI service that business class is often full and they either need to travel economy or travel on another day.

Qatar offer paid upgrades to Business, via their app, to those holding economy bookings, which probably explains why it is often full. Qatar Business Class is brilliant.

inOban
17th Dec 2019, 15:27
Qatar offer paid upgrades to Business, via their app, to those holding economy bookings, which probably explains why it is often full. Qatar Business Class is brilliant.
I wonder how many are travelling using the BA codeshare? It beats me why Qatar want to leave OneWorld. It must bring a lot of pax on their UK flights.

PDXCWL45
17th Dec 2019, 18:03
I wonder how many are travelling using the BA codeshare? It beats me why Qatar want to leave OneWorld. It must bring a lot of pax on their UK flights.
I'd imagine they will still codeshare with BA and other IAG airlines especially as they are shareholders in IAG. As for the rest of Oneworld airlines like Qantas and American refuse to codeshare with them so it won't make any difference.

Plane mad 134
17th Dec 2019, 22:52
BA Cityflyer will increase Florence from 2x to 3x weekly next summer. Good to see Florence go from strength to strength.

Plane mad 134
18th Dec 2019, 06:48
Also today is the Inaugral flight of Wizzairs Warsaw route on A321 today. This will be the first Wizzair flight to EDI. And Turkish airlines are using A321Neo TC-LSB on the Istanbul flight today.

tictack67
18th Dec 2019, 08:53
Also today is the Inaugral flight of Wizzairs Warsaw route on A321 today. This will be the first Wizzair flight to EDI. And Turkish airlines are using A321Neo TC-LSB on the Istanbul flight today.

It's good for tourism, circa 11 flights a week to each Warsaw and Bucharest.

​​​​
​​ There will be Flights next year to Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Finland too. 3 destinations in Norway, 3 in Sweden, 4 in Denmark.

Breathe
18th Dec 2019, 12:48
It's good for tourism, circa 11 flights a week to each Warsaw and Bucharest.

​​​​
​​ There will be Flights next year to Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Finland too. 3 destinations in Norway, 3 in Sweden, 4 in Denmark.

Interesting.

Do you have a source for these new flights?

tictack67
18th Dec 2019, 15:36
Interesting.

Do you have a source for these new flights?
Sure

WWW.ryanair.com for Bucharest and Warsaw Latvia and Lithuania and Estonia
www.wizzair.com Warsaw and Bucherest
www.loganair.co.uk Esbjerg, SVG and BGO
Websites for Norwegian, Sas, Ryanair and easyJet for Copenhagen, Sweden Norway

simples

inOban
18th Dec 2019, 15:51
I think that people, including me, assumed you meant new routes, not existing ones.
I know that Norwegian have announced extra Oslo flights. Are any other frequencies increasing?

GoEDI
18th Dec 2019, 18:08
I think that people, including me, assumed you meant new routes, not existing ones.
I know that Norwegian have announced extra Oslo flights. Are any other frequencies increasing?

Numerous. In terms of the markets mentioned S19 vs S20 that I know of:

EBJ new 3pw

OSL 9pw>11pw
BGO 3pw>4pw
SVG 4pw>6pw

RIX 1pw>2pw

GDN 3pw>8pw
WMI/WAW 4pw>11pw

BUD 5pw>8pw

OTP new 6pw

inOban
18th Dec 2019, 18:23
I must admit that someone is going to blink on the Warsaw routes. And FR have pulled Skavsta, AIR? Given their shortage of a/c, wouldn't be surprised if they pull others. Sweden has an air passenger tax, doesn't it?

GoEDI
18th Dec 2019, 18:50
No, they have closed the base at NYO, but EDI will continue to operate with EDI based aircraft.

inOban
19th Dec 2019, 21:34
I can't find any flights either on the FR website or on the EDI one.

tictack67
20th Dec 2019, 07:06

Ryanair to Stockholm twice a week from 30/03/2019 to 23/10/2019 Mon & Fri with Edi based aircraft by look of the timings.
(In addition to Norwegain (Thur and sun) and SAS 6 times a week)

Source: Ryanair app booking engine and SAS and Norwegian websites

Qatar

Looks like upgrade of 10 or 16 Business class seats per flight versus whichever A359 (variants currently used) for the 14 flights per week that's an increase of at least 140 or 228 business seats ex EDI for S20 owe week.

source: https://www.qatarairways.com/content/dam/documents/fleet/seatpmap-a350-1000.pdf

​​

inOban
20th Dec 2019, 08:20
The FR flights from Skavsta may be on the app. I was fighting my way through their website and it showed only flights to STN.

Porrohman
20th Dec 2019, 14:06
Qatar

Looks like upgrade of 10 or 16 Business class seats per flight versus whichever A359 (variants currently used) for the 14 flights per week that's an increase of at least 140 or 228 business seats ex EDI for S20 owe week.

source: https://www.qatarairways.com/content/dam/documents/fleet/seatpmap-a350-1000.pdf

​​
This makes sense based on my friends' experience of business class often being fully booked.

inOban
20th Dec 2019, 14:24
I see that Jet2 had two flights to TFS today.

ROC10
20th Dec 2019, 14:42
I see that Jet2 had two flights to TFS today.

Plus one from each of TUI and EasyJet makes four in one day.

CraigJay
20th Dec 2019, 14:58
Ryanair to Stockholm twice a week from 30/03/2019 to 23/10/2019 Mon & Fri with Edi based aircraft by look of the timings.
(In addition to Norwegain (Thur and sun) and SAS 6 times a week)

Source: Ryanair app booking engine and SAS and Norwegian websites

Qatar

​​
They’re using the a350-1000 over the summer? Where has this been confirmed?

Breathe
20th Dec 2019, 15:07
Sure

WWW.ryanair.com for Bucharest and Warsaw Latvia and Lithuania and Estonia
www.wizzair.com Warsaw and Bucherest
www.loganair.co.uk Esbjerg, SVG and BGO
Websites for Norwegian, Sas, Ryanair and easyJet for Copenhagen, Sweden Norway

simples

I thought you meant new routes. Thanks for the breakdown though.

inOban
20th Dec 2019, 15:21
Plus one from each of TUI and EasyJet makes four in one day.
Escape the country while we still can. Once we geriatrics lose our EHIC cards....

GoEDI
20th Dec 2019, 19:45

It's a summer only route so depends what dates you were looking at, but they are there on their website to book.

inOban
20th Dec 2019, 20:15
Success! I find the site awful

Sk1schoolsam
20th Dec 2019, 20:16

Looking at some random dates I only see the A350-900 listed for both flights, no mention anywhere of the A351 being used. I think MAN are getting it as one of their daily rotations in 2020.

CabinCrewe
21st Dec 2019, 02:27
Its not. The A359 has different variants.
If you thought double daily with 60% loads was overkill, and A351 most certainly would be.

tictack67
21st Dec 2019, 04:09
Its not. The A359 has different variants.
If you thought double daily with 60% loads was overkill, and A351 most certainly would be.

​​​​​​
​​​​​Old Business saying "turnover is vanity, profit is sanity."
Loadfactor can be a red herring on whether a route is profitable and should not be used as judgement of such.

Just look at many FR routes cancelled with high load factors

GoEDI
21st Dec 2019, 15:35
I'm not sure where this different config A359 chat is coming from. There is only one config- J36 Y247.

The seat map posted above is for the A351 which is not what is showing in the booking engine as operating.

awwdabaaby
21st Dec 2019, 16:10
I'm not sure where this different config A359 chat is coming from. There is only one config- J36 Y247.

The seat map posted above is for the A351 which is not what is showing in the booking engine as operating.

There are two configurations of the A359, 283 seats and 339 seats

CabinCrewe
21st Dec 2019, 17:17
They did at one point have A359 with 339 but don't think there are any active in that config currently

GoEDI
21st Dec 2019, 17:26

QR's A359s only have one config as said. The leased LATAM A359s seat 339, but I don't even think they are still leasing those aircraft? Not that it really matters because 1) they never operated to EDI anyway, 2) they seat less in J than QR's own aircraft, so that wouldn't compute with what has been claimed about an increase in J.

Perhaps tictack67 can expand on where he has seen this increased J capacity...? Just posting a link to an A351 seat map is not really a valid source I'm afraid.

ROC10
26th Dec 2019, 23:25
I assume TUI have dropped the previously announced Sunday ski flight to Toulouse? Doesn’t look like it will operate this Sunday which I believe was supposed to be it’s launch date.

Skipness One Foxtrot
27th Dec 2019, 11:31
https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Qatar-Airways

The LATAM aircraft are route specific, in full LATAM colours and with their original LATAM seating.
QR C36Y247
LA C30W63Y246

The LATAM one is seemingly tighter!

inOban
28th Dec 2019, 21:52
I assume TUI have dropped the previously announced Sunday ski flight to Toulouse? Doesn’t look like it will operate this Sunday which I believe was supposed to be it’s launch date.
Presumably they're sharing the BACityflyer charter which starts on Sunday. There's also a Ryanair flight, so no shortage of capacity.

Porrohman
29th Dec 2019, 12:36
The ongoing grounding of the 737 Max must be having an effect on TUI's flight programme.

inOban
29th Dec 2019, 16:44
Does the based 737 go somewhere else on a Sunday? AIRC in previous winters the PFO flight moved to a Sunday, and the plane had no flight from Edinburgh on a wednesday, (did it fly from Aberdeen?) but this year PFO has remained on Wednesday.

ROC10
30th Dec 2019, 09:10
Does the based 737 go somewhere else on a Sunday? AIRC in previous winters the PFO flight moved to a Sunday, and the plane had no flight from Edinburgh on a wednesday, (did it fly from Aberdeen?) but this year PFO has remained on Wednesday.

PFO has always been on Wednesdays in winter but Sundays in summer. The final outbound was Christmas Day so there will be one final inbound on New Year’s Day and then the aircraft will presumably be idle on Wednesdays.

Mon - N/A
Tue - TFS
Wed - PFO (Nov/Dec/Apr)
Thu - ACE
Fri - TFS
Sat - GVA/INN (Dec-Mar ski)
Sun - N/A

The aircraft usually goes to MAN or elsewhere for Sunday and Monday. It is currently there and due to return to EDI this evening.

inOban
30th Dec 2019, 10:07
Thanks for the clarification.

Plane mad 134
30th Dec 2019, 13:48
It seems Transavia are moving forward the launch date of Rotterdam to the 27th February instead of April 2nd.

27th February - 2x weekly
2nd April - 4x weekly

VickersVicount
30th Dec 2019, 20:14
A light 'refresh' planned for the BA lounge at EDI next year 2020.

Plane mad 134
31st Dec 2019, 15:19
PFO has always been on Wednesdays in winter but Sundays in summer. The final outbound was Christmas Day so there will be one final inbound on New Year’s Day and then the aircraft will presumably be idle on Wednesdays.

Mon - N/A
Tue - TFS
Wed - PFO (Nov/Dec/Apr)
Thu - ACE
Fri - TFS
Sat - GVA/INN (Dec-Mar ski)
Sun - N/A

The aircraft usually goes to MAN or elsewhere for Sunday and Monday. It is currently there and due to return to EDI this evening.

Next year that will change to only Sunday it will be away as the Sharm El Sheikh will be on a Monday, so either it will swap with a MAN based aircraft on a Sunday, undergo routine checks at EDI on a Sunday or they will fill the gap with an extra weekly flight.

Plane mad 134
31st Dec 2019, 23:42
Happy new year everyone, It seems Tui have had a big delay on flight BY1265 the Tenerife flight. It was scheduled to land at 18:15 and is now due to land at 02:45! It's also being operated by EC-ISY a privilege style B757-200.

natmci
2nd Jan 2020, 22:33
Monday morning Naples looks like it’s no longer available with TUI

EDI-DLM-NCL-DLM-EDI replacing it

Also the Freebird/“Other Carrier” Sunday DLM is gone too

ROC10
3rd Jan 2020, 08:51
Monday morning Naples looks like it’s no longer available with TUI

EDI-DLM-NCL-DLM-EDI replacing it

Yes the NAP flight has been gone for a while but there was still a gap in the morning. Disappointing that the aircraft will now be operating a w-pattern elsewhere rather than operating another route from EDI. NCL is already planned to have four based aircraft yet TUI can’t even fully utilise one aircraft from EDI, a much busier airport than NCL. Last time I checked NAP was still showing for S21 so hopefully it will eventually start or some other new route.

ROC10
3rd Jan 2020, 08:55
Next year that will change to only Sunday it will be away as the Sharm El Sheikh will be on a Monday, so either it will swap with a MAN based aircraft on a Sunday, undergo routine checks at EDI on a Sunday or they will fill the gap with an extra weekly flight.

Yes, if the SSH does end up operating (I wouldn’t hold my breath with TUI) then Sunday will be the only day with no flights. However, PFO is significantly reduced next winter compared to this year (although I believe this is the case across most bases and is probably cruise related), meaning there will be no Wednesdays flights for much of November, all of Dec/Jan/Feb and much of March.

inOban
3rd Jan 2020, 09:27
Don't they just use easyJet on dates when they don't fly themselves?

natmci
3rd Jan 2020, 09:45
Don't they just use easyJet on dates when they don't fly themselves?
Looking at the TUI website it doesn’t seem that they’ve got any holidays with flights on easyJet anymore, from any of their airports

Might be linked to easyJet Holidays launching

LiamNCL
3rd Jan 2020, 10:47
Yes the NAP flight has been gone for a while but there was still a gap in the morning. Disappointing that the aircraft will now be operating a w-pattern elsewhere rather than operating another route from EDI. NCL is already planned to have four based aircraft yet TUI can’t even fully utilise one aircraft from EDI, a much busier airport than NCL. Last time I checked NAP was still showing for S21 so hopefully it will eventually start or some other new route.

EDI is a busier airport you are right but TUI have well known aircraft issues and Newcastle has lost 2x Thomas Cook A321 aircraft for Summer 2020, People still want to fly from here aswell for their holidays.

ROC10
3rd Jan 2020, 10:54
EDI is a busier airport you are right but TUI have well known aircraft issues and Newcastle has lost 2x Thomas Cook A321 aircraft for Summer 2020, People still want to fly from here aswell for their holidays.

Absolutely, I’m not disputing that. It’s great that there’s significant expansion at NCL from TUI, I just wish it wasn’t at the expense of EDI which only has one based aircraft compared to NCL’s four. There is however a chance some of the recently announced expansion from various bases will be reversed for S20, perhaps TUI are no longer able to commit to 4x738 at NCL all week and are filling some gaps with w-patterns. It could be a while still before we know for sure TUI’s plans for S20.

LiamNCL
3rd Jan 2020, 10:57
Absolutely, I’m not disputing that. It’s great that there’s significant expansion at NCL from TUI, I just wish it wasn’t at the expense of EDI which only has one based aircraft compared to NCL’s four. There is however a chance some of the recently announced expansion from various bases will be reversed for S20, perhaps TUI are no longer able to commit to 4x738 at NCL all week and are filling some gaps with w-patterns. It could be a while still before we know for sure TUI’s plans for S20.

I understand where you are coming from but its happening here too aswell, TUI have pulled Santorini and Agadir and now have a NCL aircraft operating a PMI W-Pattern with Humberside ? Really cant see the point in operating flights to Humberside when Doncaster is close enough especially with what will be a tight summer aircraft wise.

inOban
3rd Jan 2020, 11:42
Looking at the TUI website it doesn’t seem that they’ve got any holidays with flights on easyJet anymore, from any of their airports

Might be linked to easyJet Holidays launching
So that's holidays via Dubrovnik, Alicante, and some parts of their Lakes and Mountains, all gone?

22/04
3rd Jan 2020, 15:18
I imagine that TUI might retrench from smaller markets where EasyJet are dominant. Edinburgh would fit this bill and Luton is in a similar position. There are some places where they might perceive they might take Easy on successfully ( obviously Gatwick and Manchester and Bristol perhaps). This is likely to be exacerbated by a shortage of aircraft.

inOban
3rd Jan 2020, 17:14
It depends at what price level easyJet are pitching their holidays. Edinburgh is quite a prosperous area and I'm surprised that TUI haven't grown a larger longhaul holiday business out of EDI, although they have recently been using Qatar for this.

ROC10
4th Jan 2020, 15:24
It depends at what price level easyJet are pitching their holidays. Edinburgh is quite a prosperous area and I'm surprised that TUI haven't grown a larger longhaul holiday business out of EDI, although they have recently been using Qatar for this.

This was also my thinking, their long-hail offering from EDI has always been fairly pathetic and whilst it’s better than nothing, it’s certainly disappointing. Even DSA will see much more long-haul from TUI and it’s not as if there are other airlines serving Orlando or Cancun from EDI (or other Caribbean destinations for that matter). Even for short-haul though, there are routes not flown by EZY/RYR from EDI that TUI operate from other bases which are much smaller airports that I’m confident would do well from EDI. Of course however, I’m sure TUI know what is best for them (well given limited capacity anyway).

I arrived back into EDI yesterday evening on a TUI flight and the crew announced they were “launching a new route from Edinburgh to Naples for this summer”, along with SSH from November. So clearly the crews haven’t been informed of the dropped NAP for S20.

Sk1schoolsam
4th Jan 2020, 22:46
This was also my thinking, their long-hail offering from EDI has always been fairly pathetic and whilst it’s better than nothing, it’s certainly disappointing. Even DSA will see much more long-haul from TUI and it’s not as if there are other airlines serving Orlando or Cancun from EDI (or other Caribbean destinations for that matter). Even for short-haul though, there are routes not flown by EZY/RYR from EDI that TUI operate from other bases which are much smaller airports that I’m confident would do well from EDI. Of course however, I’m sure TUI know what is best for them (well given limited capacity anyway).

I arrived back into EDI yesterday evening on a TUI flight and the crew announced they were “launching a new route from Edinburgh to Naples for this summer”, along with SSH from November. So clearly the crews haven’t been informed of the dropped NAP for S20.

SSH only starts in Nov2020 through to April 2021 when Naples then takes over the Monday slot through S21, according to their timetable on the website.
There seams to be a disconnect with what is being advertised and what is available. Are TUI really committed to EDI or just playing at it? (Yes IMHO) Crews are all GLA based right?

ROC10
5th Jan 2020, 00:14
SSH only starts in Nov2020 through to April 2021 when Naples then takes over the Monday slot through S21, according to their timetable on the website.
There seams to be a disconnect with what is being advertised and what is available. Are TUI really committed to EDI or just playing at it? (Yes IMHO) Crews are all GLA based right?

Yes that’s correct but NAP was originally available from May-October 2020 and was recently dropped (crews don’t seem to have been informed as they are still promoting it onboard). No, I’m pretty sure EDI is a full year-round 738 crew base.

CKT789
5th Jan 2020, 16:40
10 year challenge
Saw something similar done for another airport so have compared the change in route traffic numbers between September 2019 and 2009. Notably September 2009 was just prior to the closure of FlyGlobespan.

International
20 largest increases and decreases 2019 2009 ChangeDUBLIN 56257 36567 19690
AMSTERDAM 61493 41999 19494
DUBAI 17422 0 17422
TENERIFE (SURREINA SOFIA) 19333 3604 15729
DOHA HAMAD 15362 0 15362
COPENHAGEN 20674 7382 13292
BARCELONA 16392 3680 12712
PALMA DE MALLORCA 32388 20884 11504
BALE MULHOUSE 11420 0 11420
HAMBURG 11042 169 10873
FARO 16615 6238 10377
BERLIN (TEGEL) 10215 0 10215
STOCKHOLM (ARLANDA) 11606 1702 9904
MADRID 18576 9198 9378
MUNICH 17781 8535 9246
PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL 9175 0 9175
CHICAGO (O'HARE) 8999 0 8999
MALAGA 21135 12282 8853
BRUSSELS 13782 4935 8847
PRAGUE 12938 4093 8845

AVIGNON 0 928 -928
POZNAN 3252 4199 -947
CARCASSONNE 2720 3717 -997
GALWAY 0 1472 -1472
HAUGESUND 0 1520 -1520
SHARM EL SHEIKH (OPHIRA) 0 1698 -1698
BRATISLAVA 3254 5274 -2020
STOCKHOLM (SKAVSTA) 2750 4884 -2134
LIMOGES 0 2220 -2220
POITIERS 0 2275 -2275
ZADAR 0 2511 -2511
LODZ LUBLINEK 0 2941 -2941
ALTENBURG - WALLBURG 0 3034 -3034
CAGLIARI (ELMAS) 0 3370 -3370
SHANNON 2864 7195 -4331
NIEDERRHEIN 4201 8631 -4430
HAHN 0 5376 -5376
MURCIA SAN JAVIER 0 5420 -5420
BREMEN 0 5856 -5856
NEW YORK (NEWARK) 9469 17591 -8122

Domestic to follow....

CKT789
5th Jan 2020, 16:43
10 year challenge
Domestic
Some of the data on the CAA website looks strange (nothing for Belfast, Bristol or Birmingham) so I have just included those where there is data.

2019 2009 Change
LONDON CITY 45092 30052 15040
STANSTED 40589 32939 7650
GATWICK 61479 58079 3400
KIRKWALL 4771 3640 1131
SUMBURGH 4156 3129 1027
EXETER 5867 5720 147
ISLE OF MAN 779 1097 -318
LUTON 27499 27902 -403
JERSEY 2531 3023 -492
STORNOWAY 1718 2807 -1089
NORWICH 3327 4461 -1134
SOUTHAMPTON 15574 18028 -2454
MANCHESTER 9731 14119 -4388
HEATHROW 98924 116289 -17365

PDXCWL45
5th Jan 2020, 16:48
10 year challenge
Domestic
Some of the data on the CAA website looks strange (nothing for Belfast, Bristol or Birmingham) so I have just included those where there is data.

2019 2009 Change
LONDON CITY 45092 30052 15040
STANSTED 40589 32939 7650
GATWICK 61479 58079 3400
KIRKWALL 4771 3640 1131
SUMBURGH 4156 3129 1027
EXETER 5867 5720 147
ISLE OF MAN 779 1097 -318
LUTON 27499 27902 -403
JERSEY 2531 3023 -492
STORNOWAY 1718 2807 -1089
NORWICH 3327 4461 -1134
SOUTHAMPTON 15574 18028 -2454
MANCHESTER 9731 14119 -4388
HEATHROW 98924 116289 -17365
Does Cardiff not come under domestic then?

CKT789
5th Jan 2020, 16:59
Cardiff had no data for 2009 (similar to Bristol, Birmingham and Belfast) so I left it out as I assumed it was a fault in the CAA data. 2019 figure was 10,386 passengers.

PDXCWL45
5th Jan 2020, 17:25
Cardiff had no data for 2009 (similar to Bristol, Birmingham and Belfast) so I left it out as I assumed it was a fault in the CAA data. 2019 figure was 10,386 passengers.
Is this a comparison of November 2019 versus November 2009? It was 13,280 for Cardiff, 20,167 for Bristol, 28,583 for Birmingham, 19,377 for Belfast international and 9509 for Belfast city those are 2009 numbers.
The numbers are from Domestic route analysis under the relevant airports section.

VickersVicount
13th Jan 2020, 16:47
Whats this we hear of new route announcements from EDI this week... thought 'PlaneMad' would have been aaall over it?

Plane mad 134
13th Jan 2020, 17:08
Whats this we hear of new route announcements from EDI this week... thought 'PlaneMad' would have been aaall over it?

No, I have not heard much, I expect Turkish will increase Istanbul seeing as they have the slots to do so and I heard maybe a new route (most likely Antalya) but nothing concrete yet, we just have to wait and see if they are announced. What have you heard?

Edit: I forgot to mention there is talk of WestJet being finally announced this week, woud coincide with what I heard from sources. India was mentioned on another forum too...

But said forum claims a new longhaul route will be announced from EDI this week, any guesses from you guys?

DUB19
13th Jan 2020, 22:24
Edit: I forgot to mention there is talk of WestJet being finally announced this week, woud coincide with what I heard from sources. India was mentioned on another forum too...

would you be able to name this forum?

Plane mad 134
13th Jan 2020, 22:50
would you be able to name this forum?

I sent it to you in dms.

Sk1schoolsam
16th Jan 2020, 10:03
Edit: I forgot to mention there is talk of WestJet being finally announced this week ....

Still nothing the rumoured WestJet route, perhaps EDI missed our again as new Halifax to Manchester route just announced. Would have thought they would have announced them both at the same time if it was ever going to happen.

Dublin and other European cities seam to be securing new long haul to Asia.....not much coming this direction with the exception of MAN.

Hate to sound pessimistic are any of the suggested rumours realistic prospects?

A350Saltire
16th Jan 2020, 11:01
Still nothing the rumoured WestJet route, perhaps EDI missed our again as new Halifax to Manchester route just announced. Would have thought they would have announced them both at the same time if it was ever going to happen.

Dublin and other European cities seam to be securing new long haul to Asia.....not much coming this direction with the exception of MAN.

Hate to sound pessimistic are any of the suggested rumours realistic prospects?

Westjet are announcing their TATL routes tomorrow I think although MAN to Halifax appeared in GDS today.

tartan 201
17th Jan 2020, 10:04
https://www.edinburghairport.com/about-us/media-centre/press-releases/a-record-year

Passenger numbers +2.1% year-on-year in December 2019, +3.1% for the calendar year 2019 to 14,747,830.

SWBKCB
17th Jan 2020, 10:37
Westjet are announcing their TATL routes tomorrow I think although MAN to Halifax appeared in GDS today.

Westjet have announcved MAN on Twitter.

Sk1schoolsam
17th Jan 2020, 12:31
Westjet have announcved MAN on Twitter.

So does EDI miss out again.....

Skipness One Foxtrot
17th Jan 2020, 14:10
As well as ADD, ATL, AUH, BGI, BOS, EWR, HKG, IAH, ISB, JED, LAS, LAX, LHE, MCT, PEK, SIN, YVR. You can't keep looking at it in terms of MAN's win is EDI's loss surely? There's no escape from that rabbit hole.
EDI is punching well above it's weight in some ways, MAN is twice the size and has a much more diverse and international based population, whereas EDI does really well in bringing in the tourists to Scotland whereas GLA does better in taking our own on holiday.

nighthawk117
17th Jan 2020, 15:15
You can't keep looking at it in terms of MAN's win is EDI's loss surely?

You can though. They only have enough spare capacity to launch one new route - in this case it went to MAN . Although if the business case was there, it will happen eventually, next time they have spare capacity to allocate.

Oh, and good luck serving those destinations with a 737 from Halifax :-P

inOban
17th Jan 2020, 15:20
I would have thought that most people will be impressed by the 10% increase in International passengers in Dec, in spite of a cull by FR of some routes for the winter. Only a few years ago EDI was primarily a domestic airport in winter.

As far as TA flights go, I would have been looking not for new routes but for a longer season on most, and upsizing on the NY flights. Without Norwegian, TA capacity in S19 was much the same as in S18, and load factors/fares were high with much business transiting via Dublin or other hubs to save money.

VickersVicount
17th Jan 2020, 15:59
again? what have they missed out on so far?

GoEDI
17th Jan 2020, 17:03
You can though. They only have enough spare capacity to launch one new route - in this case it went to MAN . Although if the business case was there, it will happen eventually, next time they have spare capacity to allocate.

Oh, and good luck serving those destinations with a 737 from Halifax :-P

Other than YYZ-BCN 3pw, I believe the 4x B763s are still without work for S20. I have no idea if anything else is still to come from YYZ, never mind if EDI is even in with a shout, but there is at least still spare capacity if they want to utilise it somewhere AFAIK.

Plane mad 134
23rd Jan 2020, 22:40
It seems like Aer Lingus will be basing an ATR72 at EDI from Mon-Fri.

Here is the Monday to Thursday schedule (credit to another poster on egph. com

0625 EDI 0755 DUB
0835 DUB 0955 EDI
1025 EDI 1205 ORK
1235 ORK 1410 EDI
1440 EDI 1615 SNN
1655 SNN 1830 EDI

Then on Friday it postions to Cork for the weekend:
EDI-DUB-EDI-ORK-EDI-ORK

Then on Sunday it positions back:
ORK-EDI-DUB-EDI-SNN-EDI

Seems like there is a gap for another flight after 7pm, I wonder if it will be filled?

Also does any other UK airport have a based Aer Lingus plane?

Skipness One Foxtrot
23rd Jan 2020, 22:58
Also does any other UK airport have a based Aer Lingus plane?
Belfast City has an A320 base, and of course LHR has two nightstoppers.
Technically this is Stobart Air operating for Aer Lingus though.

GoEDI
24th Jan 2020, 02:08
I don't think it's based, it's just night stopping. ORK based aircraft/crew I suspect, given that's where it heads to Friday eve, and where it comes back from Sunday morn.

Plane mad 134
24th Jan 2020, 23:05
I don't think it's based, it's just night stopping. ORK based aircraft/crew I suspect, given that's where it heads to Friday eve, and where it comes back from Sunday morn.

Still good news as it offers good business times to Dublin in the morning and good for connections too.

Plane mad 134
8th Feb 2020, 08:38
Anyone know why there is another Austrian coming in today alongside the usual Innsbruck charter. The flight is from Bristol on A320 OE-LBN with flight number OS2574.

nighthawk117
8th Feb 2020, 14:21
I believe there's a small rugby game taking place in Edinburgh today. Probably related to that :p

habs_fan
8th Feb 2020, 17:47
Anyone know why there is another Austrian coming in today alongside the usual Innsbruck charter. The flight is from Bristol on A320 OE-LBN with flight number OS2574.

extra ski flight for the edinburgh holiday week

Plane mad 134
9th Feb 2020, 07:10
extra ski flight for the edinburgh holiday week

Ok, thanks.

Also we might see some go-arounds and diversions today when the wind gets up. Or there might be diversions from other airports. This will be an interesting day.

Plane mad 134
9th Feb 2020, 08:34
Ok, thanks.

Also we might see some go-arounds and diversions today when the wind gets up. Or there might be diversions from other airports. This will be an interesting day.

Well BE843 EDI-BHX Dash8 Q400 G-ECOF is returning to EDI.

Sk1schoolsam
9th Feb 2020, 09:57
Ok, thanks.

is there a reason why BA have cancelled disproportionately and significantly more flights from EDI (8) than at Glasgow (3) today due to the weather in the UK?

Is it the conditions at EDI or is it to do with a predecessor flight from Europe being cancelled?

Plane mad 134
9th Feb 2020, 11:24
EZY232 EDI-STN A320 G-EZWL is returning to EDI.

VickersVicount
9th Feb 2020, 12:15
is there a reason why BA have cancelled disproportionately and significantly more flights from EDI (8) than at Glasgow (3) today due to the weather in the UK?

Is it the conditions at EDI or is it to do with a predecessor flight from Europe being cancelled?
There are far more options to get rid of /rebook cancelled passengers

Plane mad 134
10th Feb 2020, 06:57
And after all the weather trouble yesterday, there is now heavy snow with strong winds leading to potential blizzards later on. Doesn't look too bad right now but that could change as the day goes on.

Sk1schoolsam
11th Feb 2020, 22:48
AA one week aircraft change to B767-300

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/289478/american-airlines-philadelphia-edinburgh-late-march-2020-aircraft-changes/

B757 Aircraft maintenance?

Are the load factors strong enough for AA to extend this increase over the summer?

VickersVicount
12th Feb 2020, 07:00
The 757 was nowhere near full all summer so I would suspect not. Although 767 can carry significant more cargo. Seems odd month to choose for upguage if purely about capacity. When is Easter this year?

GrahamK
12th Feb 2020, 07:03
The week after I believe. I'd suggest it's probably due to 757 unavailability. Still, the service seems to be doing well since it transferred from GLA. This year is it;'s earliest start yet

inOban
12th Feb 2020, 14:14
https://www.edinburghairport.com/about-us/media-centre/press-releases/january-passenger-numbers

10 % growth in international business exceeding the drop in domestic passengers. +1.6% overall.

A350Saltire
12th Feb 2020, 16:30
The week after I believe. I'd suggest it's probably due to 757 unavailability. Still, the service seems to be doing well since it transferred from GLA. This year is it;'s earliest start yet

It certainly has; 2019 saw 63,347 passengers fly between EDI and PHL compared with 2018 where 42,167 flew between GLA and PHL. Historical data suggests:

2014: EDI to PHL at 33,733, GLA to PHL at 43,597
2015: EDI to PHL at 0, GLA to PHL at 42,696
2016: EDI to PHL at 0, GLA to PHL at 36,292
2017: EDI to PHL at 0, GLA to PHL at 39,691
2018: EDI to PHL at 0, GLA to PHL at 42,167
2019: EDI to PHL at 63,347, GLA to PHL at 0

sinbad73
12th Feb 2020, 17:17
It certainly has; 2019 saw 63,347 passengers fly between EDI and PHL compared with 2018 where 42,167 flew between GLA and PHL. Historical data suggests:

2018 v 2019 - what was the season lengths?

OltonPete
12th Feb 2020, 18:02

Not quite like for like though - if you offer more flights you will get more pax in general. October 2019 EDI -PHL was 8352 and in October 2018 PHL-GLA was nil and there were also more rotations in May 2019 compared to May 2018.

Having said that it only accounts for around 10000 pax so yes PHL - Scotland has grown by at least 20% but you also have to remember AA switched JFK for PHL as well.

Just taking one month alone, Transatlantic passenger numbers in October 2019 were down 30% on 2018 but of course you have to factor in the Norwegian withdrawal but another example how you can interpret passenger figures.

Pete

A350Saltire
12th Feb 2020, 20:45
Very true but a longer season is also a positive so either way you look at it, more passengers, more flights = the route performing well since the move east.

GoEDI
12th Feb 2020, 21:56
The 757 was nowhere near full all summer so I would suspect not. Although 767 can carry significant more cargo. Seems odd month to choose for upguage if purely about capacity. When is Easter this year?

Whilst I don't think this short term upgrade is capacity related, the S19 load factors were 79% April/ 87% May/ 88% in June,July,August & October/ 85% September. I think you have a different definition of "nowhere near full" than most people...

nighthawk117
13th Feb 2020, 08:13
Not quite like for like though - if you offer more flights you will get more pax in general.

You only offer more flights if you think there is demand there. So clearly American are more confident they can fill the plane in the quieter months than they were previously.

mullac30
22nd Feb 2020, 16:00
Does anyone know why the A319neo prototype D-AVWA came to EDI yesterday?

mike current
22nd Feb 2020, 17:14
Does anyone know why the A319neo prototype D-AVWA came to EDI yesterday?

Testing autoland in strong winds.

mullac30
22nd Feb 2020, 17:27
Testing autoland in strong winds.
Thanks! I thought the A19N was already certified.

Plane mad 134
26th Feb 2020, 18:37
EDI twitter shows new footbidge to where the new taxi rank will be has been put in place.

Plane mad 134
4th Mar 2020, 21:26
I really hope I am wrong but with increasing likeliness that Flybe will go bust, that leaves EDI with 2million seats gone. Also really sad for the staff and I will miss Flybe should they go.

I was wondering if someone like Loganair, Ryanair and EasyJet may pick up some routes should the worst happen.

nighthawk117
5th Mar 2020, 07:40
I really hope I am wrong but with increasing likeliness that Flybe will go bust, that leaves EDI with 2million seats gone. Also really sad for the staff and I will miss Flybe should they go.

I was wondering if someone like Loganair, Ryanair and EasyJet may pick up some routes should the worst happen.

Ryanair wont - they dont operate any UK domestic flights. Easyjet will increase capacity on a number of routes, Loganair and Stobart will step in and take on a few new routes no doubt, if they have the spare capacity.

I wonder if the Virgin/Stobart consortium might consider restarting as a new entity and taking on some of the more profitable routes?

Although having said that, with coronavirus impacting demand, now might be a bad time to be expanding. Perhaps the existing carriers will just enjoy the higher loads for the summer, and start thinking about expansion next year.

tictack67
5th Mar 2020, 07:44
Ryanair wont - they dont operate any UK domestic flights. Easyjet will increase capacity on a number of routes, Loganair and Stobart will step in and take on a few new routes no doubt, if they have the spare capacity.

I wonder if the Virgin/Stobart consortium might consider restarting as a new entity and taking on some of the more profitable routes?
​​​​​
Incorrect.

Ryanair operate Edinburgh to Derry and Liverpool to Derry.

These routes are entirely within the United Kingdom

tictack67
5th Mar 2020, 07:46
Flybe also had 7 nightspot aircraft.

Perhaps room for other carriers to have a nightstopper as prior there was no room for any other.

Plane mad 134
5th Mar 2020, 13:00
Loganair have announced multiple new routes in order to replace FlyBe, good news to see.

New routes:
· Edinburgh to Manchester. Flights start 23 March 2020

EDI 0645-0755 MAN (Mon-Thu & Sat)
EDI 1440-1550 MAN (Tue-Fri)
EDI 1810-1920 MAN (Mon-Fri & Sun)

MAN 0830-0940 EDI (Mon-Thu & Sat)
MAN 1620-1730 EDI (Tue-Fri)
MAN 1950-2100 EDI (Mon-Fri & Sun

·Edinburgh to Cardiff. Flights start 23 March 2020

EDI 1015-1135 CWL (Mon, Tue, Thu & Sat)
EDI 1040-1200 CWL (Wed)
EDI 1420-1540 CWL (Fri & Sun)

CWL 1205-1325 EDI (Mon, Tue, Thu & Sat)
CWL 1230-1350 EDI (Wed)
CWL 1610-1730 EDI (Fri & Sun)

·Edinburgh to Exeter. Flights start 23 March 2020

EDI 0700-0825 EXT (Fr)
EDI 1015-1150 EXT (Tu-Th)
EDI 1400-1525 EXT (Mo)
EDI 1435-1610 EXT (Sa & Su)

EXT 0855-1020 EDI (Fr)
EXT 1220-1355 EDI (Tu-Th)
EXT 1555-1720 EDI (Mo)
EXT 1640-1815 EDI (Sa & Su)

·Edinburgh to Newquay. Flights start 20 June 2020

EDI 0800-0940 NQY (Sun)
EDI 1540-1720 NQY (Sat)

NQY 1010-1150 EDI (Sun)
NQY 1750-1930 EDI (Sat)

·Edinburgh to Southampton. Flights start 15 June 2020
EDI 0650-0830 SOU (M-Sa)
EDI 1115-1255 SOU (Sa)
EDI 1235-1415 SOU (M-F&Su)
EDI 1700-1840 SOU (M-F&Su)

SOU 0900-1040 EDI (Mo-Sa)
SOU 1325-1505 EDI (Sa)
SOU 1445-1625 EDI (M-F&Su)
SOU 1910-2050 EDI (M-F&Su)

Thanks to SeanM1997 for the info

Link: https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/1235563461221814272?s=19

inOban
5th Mar 2020, 20:57
I'm surprised that the MAN route has been picked up. 1-3 flights a day v a train every two hours
On the other hand, they have left EZY as the only operator to NI.

mike current
5th Mar 2020, 23:20
Who's going to operate the new Loganair routes? The same Estonian outfit that run their Carlisle operation? Or Eastern airways? 😂

Many of those ex flybe rotation are early morning ones. They'll need to move those 7 dash 8s first, beore someone else can park their planes overnight! Loganair have 1 overnight Saab 340 at the moment. That's it. (IIRC)

GoEDI
6th Mar 2020, 00:04
3x night stoppers currently I think, although it may vary depending on day of week. (2x ERJ, 1x S340) This will increase to 5 once SOU starts. (additional ERJ and 1x ATR72)

mike current
6th Mar 2020, 14:10
My apologies. Forgot about the jets!

Speedywheels
18th Mar 2020, 19:29
Read this on LinkedIn this afternoon - really?

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/750x918/42dabc96_38af_4678_878e_9e1e4f97eeb8_e4e4832eceb08d7ceb99b4d edbb9f52641d03f55.jpeg

wub
18th Mar 2020, 19:43
This is B S

Breathe
18th Mar 2020, 22:22
Either a really s*** attempt at a "funny" meme or some scumbag being malicious to cause unease and panic among people.

The quality of it is poor, it looks like a slapdash job on MS Paint.

tartan 201
19th Mar 2020, 15:02
Partial closure announced:

https://www.edinburghairport.com/about-us/media-centre/press-releases/coronavirus-update

https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-edinburgh-airport-partially-shut-down-after-flights-cut-65-cent-2502082

Speedywheels
19th Mar 2020, 15:39
Either a really s*** attempt at a "funny" meme or some scumbag being malicious to cause unease and panic among people.

The quality of it is poor, it looks like a slapdash job on MS Paint.

For your information, it was a genuine post that I saw on LinkedIn and I redacted his name. The gentleman is a chauffeur doing airport runs from Fife and P&K. I was unsure if it could have any modicum of truth but as it is a ‘Rumour Network’, I posted it.

It now appears it might not be completely true (for now) but it certainly isn’t “BS” either.

tictack67
19th Mar 2020, 17:49
Currently LOT 737 SP-LWC finals 5o Edinburgh, wonder what that's about.

Given there would have normally have been FR from Warsaw Modlin and Whizz A321 from Warsaw Chopin

tartan 201
19th Mar 2020, 18:13
Currently LOT 737 SP-LWC finals 5o Edinburgh, wonder what that's about.

Given there would have normally have been FR from Warsaw Modlin and Whizz A321 from Warsaw Chopin

I understand that it's a repatriation flight for Polish nationals.

Plane mad 134
25th Mar 2020, 16:52
Qatar are sending B777-300ER A7-BAZ to Edinburgh today.

Porrohman
26th Mar 2020, 12:46
Qatar are sending B777-300ER A7-BAZ to Edinburgh today.
... and an A359 today. I'm not sure whether these are repatriation flights or perhaps they are predominantly carrying cargo given that cargo rates per kg have increased by many orders of magnitude in recent weeks due to COVID-19.

inOban
26th Mar 2020, 15:53
The fish farmers and shellfish producers are desperate for their exports to China and Japan to restart. I understand that the price of crabs and lobster has fallen to uneconomic levels.

goldeneye
27th Mar 2020, 08:41
This mornings EI DUB has been operated by an A320.

Porrohman
27th Mar 2020, 11:19
This mornings EI DUB has been operated by an A320.
It has been operated by an A320 for the past three days and is using the Aer Lingus mainline flight number EI 252/253. According to FR24, it's scheduled to continue daily until at least 4th April. Whether it actually does so remains to be seen.

inOban
27th Mar 2020, 13:49
Isn't the usual plane supplied by Stobart Air, who have grounded all their fleet?

GoEDI
27th Mar 2020, 14:41
Isn't the usual plane supplied by Stobart Air, who have grounded all their fleet?

Stobart aren't grounded, they're still operating ROI-UK services until tomorrow. After that I think it's meant to be just the domestic PSO routes they will continue. The A320 has been operating alongside their services.

Porrohman
27th Mar 2020, 14:47

Yes, but Stobart are still operating some flights to EDI at the moment. This was yesterday's combination of mainline and Stobart flights;

STA n/a EI252 Dublin (DUB) Aer Lingus A320 (EI-DVG) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-dvg) Landed 07:02
STA 11:20 EI3252 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ei3252) Dublin (DUB) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/dub) Aer Lingus Regional (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airlines/ei-ein) AT76 (EI-FNA) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-fna) Landed 09:40
STA 15:40 EI3256 Dublin (DUB) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/dub) Aer Lingus Regional (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airlines/ei-ein) AT76 (EI-FNA) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-fna) Landed 15:55

There is at least one Stobart flight today as well as the mainline A320.

LOT, who don't normally operate to EDI, have been operating some unscheduled flights in the past week with more planned to follow. These are some I found on FR24 but there may have been others;

02 Apr 2020 LO8705 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8705) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) Edinburgh (EDI) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/edi) E95 STA 16:55 Scheduled
31 Mar 2020 LO8705 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8705) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) Edinburgh (EDI) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/edi) 738 STA 08:45 Scheduled
29 Mar 2020 LO8705 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8705) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) Edinburgh (EDI) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/edi) 738 STA 08:45 Scheduled
27 Mar 2020 LO8705 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8705) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) LOT B738 (SP-LWB) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sp-lwb) Landed 08:35
26 Mar 2020 LO8705 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8705) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) LOT (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airlines/lo-lot) B738 (SP-LWG) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sp-lwg) Landed 16:49
23 Mar 2020 LO8695 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8695) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) LOT B738 (SP-LWB) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sp-lwb) Landed 07:58
22 Mar 2020 LO8695 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8695) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) LOT (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airlines/lo-lot) E195 (SP-LNH) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sp-lnh) Landed 10:29
21 Mar 2020 LO8695 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8695) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) LOT B738 (SP-LWB) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sp-lwb) Landed 08:19
20 Mar 2020 LO8705 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8705) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) LOT (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airlines/lo-lot) B738 (SP-LWA) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sp-lwa) Landed 21:45
20 Mar 2020 LO8695 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8695) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) LOT (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airlines/lo-lot) B738 (SP-LWA) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sp-lwa) Landed 11:30

sinbad73
27th Mar 2020, 14:58
Yes, but Stobart are still operating some flights to EDI at the moment. This was yesterday's combination of mainline and Stobart flights;

STA n/a EI252 Dublin (DUB) Aer Lingus A320 (EI-DVG) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-dvg) Landed 07:02
STA 11:20 EI3252 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ei3252) Dublin (DUB) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/dub) Aer Lingus Regional (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airlines/ei-ein) AT76 (EI-FNA) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-fna) Landed 09:40
STA 15:40 EI3256 Dublin (DUB) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/dub) Aer Lingus Regional (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airlines/ei-ein) AT76 (EI-FNA) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-fna) Landed 15:55

There is at least one Stobart flight today as well as the mainline A320.

LOT, who don't normally operate to EDI, have been operating some unscheduled flights in the past week with more planned to follow. These are some I found on FR24 but there may have been others;

02 Apr 2020 LO8705 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8705) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) Edinburgh (EDI) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/edi) E95 STA 16:55 Scheduled
31 Mar 2020 LO8705 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8705) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) Edinburgh (EDI) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/edi) 738 STA 08:45 Scheduled
29 Mar 2020 LO8705 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8705) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) Edinburgh (EDI) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/edi) 738 STA 08:45 Scheduled
27 Mar 2020 LO8705 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8705) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) LOT B738 (SP-LWB) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sp-lwb) Landed 08:35
26 Mar 2020 LO8705 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8705) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) LOT (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airlines/lo-lot) B738 (SP-LWG) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sp-lwg) Landed 16:49
23 Mar 2020 LO8695 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8695) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) LOT B738 (SP-LWB) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sp-lwb) Landed 07:58
22 Mar 2020 LO8695 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8695) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) LOT (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airlines/lo-lot) E195 (SP-LNH) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sp-lnh) Landed 10:29
21 Mar 2020 LO8695 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8695) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) LOT B738 (SP-LWB) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sp-lwb) Landed 08:19
20 Mar 2020 LO8705 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8705) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) LOT (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airlines/lo-lot) B738 (SP-LWA) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sp-lwa) Landed 21:45
20 Mar 2020 LO8695 (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/lo8695) Warsaw (WAW) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/waw) LOT (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airlines/lo-lot) B738 (SP-LWA) (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sp-lwa) Landed 11:30

Repatriation flights for Poles - and extremely popular apparently.

Mister Geezer
28th Mar 2020, 10:03
EK has tentatively announced the recommencement of EDI ops on 1st July.

Routes Online - Emirates NS20 operations as of 0930GMT 27MAR20 (https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/290509/emirates-ns20-operations-as-of-0930gmt-27mar20/)

Sk1schoolsam
28th Mar 2020, 13:24
EK has tentatively announced the recommencement of EDI ops on 1st July.

Routes Online - Emirates NS20 operations as of 0930GMT 27MAR20 (https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/290509/emirates-ns20-operations-as-of-0930gmt-27mar20/)

Very disappointing that it’s July. Glasgow starts double daily again as of the first of May!!!

GAXLN
28th Mar 2020, 14:21
Very disappointing that it’s July. Glasgow starts double daily again as of the first of May!!!

In present circumstances probably safer to say "Glasgow Is currently planned to start double daily again as of the first of May." We are in totally uncharted waters at present and any recommencement of scheduled services is likely to be slow and measured I fear.

Porrohman
29th Mar 2020, 09:16
Qatar Airways; operated on;
Wed 18th
Thu 19th
Fri 20th
Sat 21st
Sun 22nd
Wed 25th (B77W)
Thu 26th
Sat 28th

Over the next two weeks, it plans to operate on;
Mon 30th (QR29 rescheduled DOH 08:35, EDI 14:10)
Thu 2nd (QR29)
Fri 3rd (QR31)
Sat 4th (QR29)
Mon 6th (QR31)
Thu 9th (QR29)
Fri 10th (QR31)
Sat 11th (QR29)
Mon 13th (QR31)

I haven't checked dates beyond that, but it looks as though the pattern going forwards is four flights per week; Mon, Thu, Fri, Sat, all currently A359, with the Monday flight switching from QR29 to QR31 from Monday 6th.

Here is a summary of the BA flights that have operated / are currently forecast to operate EDI-LHR since the COVID-19 restrictions really started to kick in;

Wed-18-Mar: 9 Flights
Thu-19-Mar: 9 Flights
Fri-20-Mar: 7 Flights
Sat-21-Mar: 5 Flights
Sun-22-Mar: 4 Flights
Mon-23-Mar: 4 Flights
Tue-24-Mar: 4 Flights
Wed-25-Ma:r 3 Flights
Thu-26-Mar: 3 Flights
Fri-27-Mar: 3 Flights
Sat-28-Mar: 4 Flights
Sun-29-Mar: 3 Flights
Mon-30-Mar: 2 Flights
Tue-31-Mar: 3 Flights
Wed-01-Apr: 2 Flights
Thu-02-Apr: 3 Flights
Fri-03-Apr: 4 Flights
Sat-04-Apr: 3 Flights
Sun-05-Apr: 2 Flights
Mon-06-Apr: 2 Flights
Tue-07-Apr: 2 Flights
Wed-08-Apr: 1 Flight
Thu-09-Apr: 2 Flights

I expect these will be subject to change.

Porrohman
29th Mar 2020, 09:26
Other flights operating reasonably regularly on weekdays over the past week have included;
EI DUB; 3 flights (2 Regional, 1 mainline)
KL AMS; 2 flights
AF CDG; 1 flight
FR DUB; 1 flight
LM various; 2/3 flights

Less regular flights;
LO WAW; ad hoc (7 flights since Friday 20th)
EZY; ad hoc (HAM & BFS on Monday, BFS on Friday)
Wizz to Budapest and Bucharest on Tuesday, Bucharest yesterday