PDA

View Full Version : Belfast International-2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

EI-BUD
25th Jun 2019, 03:18
Granted yes, I agree. But, if FR was making money they'd be there. And my sources tell me they literally could only fill all that capacity by deep discounting. easyJet have basically beaten them, twice, first at LGW and now in the holy grail of FR territory STN.

I agree. The issue with easyJet is that at Belfast, unlike some non core markets they have decided to hold tight and not be twarted by Ryanair's protracted war on price. Sadly, easyJet have in the past walked away from some big city bases due to the intensity of competitive pressures e.g. Madrid and Rome ... great that this hasn't happened here. The new head of easyJet clearly has been faced with the challenge of Ryanair and others, and strategically if they wanted to hold on to what they have, they need to hold firm in core markets. Ryanair seem to invest very heavily in low prices over a protracted period, until the competition walk away and they have the market to themselves, and most likely in the process racking up losses. This was the case I suggest on LGW, where commonly at any stage, you could bag a very low price in the days pre departure £12.99, which would hardly cover part of the costs.
INn BFS it is most likely that easyJet have taken a huge hit financially the face of Ryanair too.
Kudos to easyJet for holding firm.

Surprising that BHD has not tried to poach Ryanair. With these new 737s with short field performance etc, though the max issues will no doubt curtail Ryanair expansion in the very near term...

mart901
25th Jun 2019, 06:43
I agree. The issue with easyJet is that at Belfast, unlike some non core markets they have decided to hold tight and not be twarted by Ryanair's protracted war on price. Sadly, easyJet have in the past walked away from some big city bases due to the intensity of competitive pressures e.g. Madrid and Rome ... great that this hasn't happened here. The new head of easyJet clearly has been faced with the challenge of Ryanair and others, and strategically if they wanted to hold on to what they have, they need to hold firm in core markets. Ryanair seem to invest very heavily in low prices over a protracted period, until the competition walk away and they have the market to themselves, and most likely in the process racking up losses. This was the case I suggest on LGW, where commonly at any stage, you could bag a very low price in the days pre departure £12.99, which would hardly cover part of the costs.
INn BFS it is most likely that easyJet have taken a huge hit financially the face of Ryanair too.
Kudos to easyJet for holding firm.

Surprising that BHD has not tried to poach Ryanair. With these new 737s with short field performance etc, though the max issues will no doubt curtail Ryanair expansion in the very near term...
Once bitten twice shy for BHD? You could say the same in reverse when they left BHD.
I think EZY are so entrenched in the Northern Ireland market they'll not be shifted easily, also although they must indeed have took some of a hit they were never in FR territory pricing wise and they ramped up capacity. FR rarely go head to head with EZY, fighting cash strapped legacy airlines is more their bag.

Startledgrapefruit
25th Jun 2019, 09:06
BHD never really made enough out of Molly to be worth it. They left on good terms I believe
The whole runway thing was a disaster with the Aldergrove fan club getting involved with scare stories.

mart901
25th Jun 2019, 09:47
BHD never really made enough out of Molly to be worth it. They left on good terms I believe
The whole runway thing was a disaster with the Aldergrove fan club getting involved with scare stories.
Yeah but in the end they knew the runway wasn't long enough when they went there, and that was only to be away from EZY, who managed to find their way up there also. I just don't think there's much room for them, except on summer sun and some random city routes. EZY and BE have most of the market cornered, EI have retrenched to what is profitable for them and BA just do LHR and will unlikely ever do anything else. Clearly there is a bucket and spade market and LS have nicely developed that. I just don't see where FR fit in amongst all that.

Startledgrapefruit
25th Jun 2019, 10:31
I just don't see where FR fit in amongst all that.[/QUOTE]

Build up a customer base and hope to drag them back down to Dublin when they pull out ?

owenc
25th Jun 2019, 11:01
Once bitten twice shy for BHD? You could say the same in reverse when they left BHD.
I think EZY are so entrenched in the Northern Ireland market they'll not be shifted easily, also although they must indeed have took some of a hit they were never in FR territory pricing wise and they ramped up capacity. FR rarely go head to head with EZY, fighting cash strapped legacy airlines is more their bag.
it’d be nice to have more than one carrier in a small market. Especially if you’re not loyal to EasyJet.

mart901
25th Jun 2019, 11:45
it’d be nice to have more than one carrier in a small market. Especially if you’re not loyal to EasyJet.
In most markets there is.
LON has 4 carriers across 5 airports. Most of the other domestic routes have both BE and EZY competing. Nearly every major sunshine route has at least one if not multiple competitors.

owenc
25th Jun 2019, 12:20
eh? STN,LTN and LGW now only have Easyjet. And TUI/Thomas Cook and Jet2 are as expensive as can be.

Alteagod
25th Jun 2019, 14:37
Could all change with the BE/VS tie up

EI-BUD
26th Jun 2019, 23:12

Mart901,
i'd be inclined to disagree, Ryanair have been quite rigorous over the years at going after easyJet, they followed then into Madrid, Lisbon etc and overlapped significantly, and of course at Belfast with LGW and then the others, not to mention the routes into and out of the Republic in 2006. And routes like STN to Scotland, though they retreated spectacularly. Easyjet might just reappear in Dublin, as they have in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe, watch this space. . .

Separately, the prices to from City of Derry can be eye watering cheap, would make you wonder if Ryanair make an average return on those flights especially EDI ... for a, separate thread I guess.

Fly757X
26th Jun 2019, 23:33
Separately, the process to from City of Derry can be eye watering cheap, would make you wonder if Ryanair make an average return on those flights especially EDI ... for a, separate thread I guess.

I agree, however as you pointed out, LPL has a greater yield than that of EDI from LDY. LF’s are really good on LPL and the LDY-EDI market just isn’t the same as what exists between LPL-GLA. But... as you mentioned that is for a separate thread!

West Brit
4th Jul 2019, 07:02
No Verona flights this year?
Also beginning of decline in passenger numbers from last month compared to last year with FR down significantly on London?
Finally, apparently Carisle commences today at BHD, is this the best we can expect this year from Belfast? I mean surely Belfast can pull a couple of new routes per year? Those route development offices at both airports would surely like a Christmas bonus.

OneBellEnd
9th Jul 2019, 08:00
New easyJet Marrakech, Morocco announced this morning for Winter. Second exotic route announcement in a week after last week's Carlisle.

GAZMO
9th Jul 2019, 08:04
Great news. Good location for a short winter break. Fingers crossed for a few more

El Bunto
9th Jul 2019, 10:01
No Verona flights this year?

I saw 'Verona holidays direct from Belfast by Topflight' advertised on the side of a Metro bus at the weekend, but no further details

BFS101
9th Jul 2019, 10:36
Regarding the flights to Verona, in the past these were charters by Topflight and Tui. I think this year Topflight are using the Ryanair Bergamo flight. I presume Tui have just pulled the region from NI.

owenc
9th Jul 2019, 11:29
What are Ryanair going to do then? Pull out or just sit with one flight a week?

why are they doing this?

BFS_Dispatcher1
9th Jul 2019, 13:52
Heard a few rumours that EZY will be announcing JTR for the winter. And also may introduce routes to Germany, Spain and Denmark (most likely BFS-TXL, BFS-GIB, BFS-MAD and BFS-CPH) all dependent on the allocation of older 320 ceo’s, as LGW and MAN will be getting an influx of brand new neo’s. Potential starting APR 2020.

Also hearing Ryanair could be forced out altogether by the end of 2020 if no government is found in NI.

2Para
9th Jul 2019, 15:52
What are Ryanair going to do then? Pull out or just sit with one flight a week?

why are they doing this?
All to do with the wonga££££££, as usual

PPRuNeUser0176
9th Jul 2019, 16:29
I think they might struggle with RAK from a yield prospective unless they are getting some sort of marketing support. Have BFS had an links to Morocco before. I know Tunisia is/has operated before. Agadir would have been a better bet IMO.

owenc
9th Jul 2019, 16:39
All to do with the wonga££££££, as usual
why are they not pulling out?

CabinCrewe
9th Jul 2019, 16:45
Agadir would have been a better bet IMO.
What makes you say that? RAK has been the port used from most bases intermittently over Agadir and one presumes airlines have the data to support

BHD2BFS
16th Jul 2019, 23:41
With the virgin buyout of Flybe and operating from BHD, does anyone know if Vs will still operate to Orlando next summer from BFS? And if so will the frequency be the same 6 months as this year ?

EGAC is Better
17th Jul 2019, 06:27
Heard a few rumours that EZY will be announcing JTR for the winter. And also may introduce routes to Germany, Spain and Denmark (most likely BFS-TXL, BFS-GIB, BFS-MAD and BFS-CPH) all dependent on the allocation of older 320 ceo’s, as LGW and MAN will be getting an influx of brand new neo’s. Potential starting APR 2020.

Also hearing Ryanair could be forced out altogether by the end of 2020 if no government is found in NI.

This sounds interesting! I’m already booked to use the new RAK service for a break in February. JTR in the winter could be cool, summer is totally mobbed and not overly enjoyable.

Just one point in allocation if Neo’s though. Would it make more sense to allocate the more efficient Neo’s to new routes in smaller bases as they get off the ground? The less efficient and presumably almost amortised Ceo’s can then become profit machines in bases where EZY can charge more?

speedrestriction
17th Jul 2019, 09:46

I think someone might be pulling your chain. They don’t even do JTR from the big bases during the winter. Berlin I could see but as for the others not so much. I would have thought something like a LIS or RMU more likely.

Alteagod
17th Jul 2019, 09:50
I agree but connecting traffic via LHR and the regions such as GLA/MAN to CPH remains high as does traffic to HAM so possible the CPH.

2Para
17th Jul 2019, 11:27
With the virgin buyout of Flybe and operating from BHD, does anyone know if Vs will still operate to Orlando next summer from BFS? And if so will the frequency be the same 6 months as this year ?
i cant see a dash making it to Orlando lol

PPRuNeUser0176
17th Jul 2019, 20:33
What makes you say that? RAK has been the port used from most bases intermittently over Agadir and one presumes airlines have the data to support

I just don't think it will be strong enough to last. We will see.

What's the Goverment got to with Ryanair. APD?, something they will not be able to scrap despite promises just like Scottish Goverment.

The MAX issues might be a good excuse to use and slip away quietly.

Alteagod
17th Jul 2019, 20:46
Oh I think that will be the reason they will use if at all

West Brit
23rd Jul 2019, 21:49
Have any EZY A321s operated into Belfast? I myself haven't noticed any. According to the Bristol thread they could soon be a regular visitor. I am sure one also based at BFS would be put to good use.

Severn
24th Jul 2019, 00:38
BFS will have 3x A319s and 3xA320s based for the winter season, same as this summer.
BRS will have 2x A321NEOs based from November alongside 5x A319s and 8x A320s. One of the BRS based A321s will operate the midday BRS-BFS run on Fridays.

NWSRG
24th Jul 2019, 20:27
i cant see a dash making it to Orlando lol

Can't see a Dash making it anywhere these days! :-) Yet another emergency down the road today...

NWSRG
24th Jul 2019, 20:28

A few proper business routes would be great to see...as someone who regularly has to get to Nuremberg, a Berlin connection would be very useful! (Or not...seems there's no connections :-( )

2Para
25th Jul 2019, 07:28
Can't see a Dash making it anywhere these days! :-) Yet another emergency down the road today...
i was trying to be funny about Orlando lol. these dash emergencies are becoming very common indeed, ill not be on one, put it like that! 😳

Startledgrapefruit
25th Jul 2019, 07:45
i was trying to be funny about Orlando lol. these dash emergencies are becoming very common indeed, ill not be on one, put it like that! 😳
Thought you would burst into flames if you walked over the threshold of Georgie Best's terminal

EGAC is Better
25th Jul 2019, 17:14
Yet another emergency down the road today...

Its so common recently that it doesn’t even surprise me to hear about more. I am moved to a level of discomfort now that I’ll go out of my way to avoid them.

Exclude the safety aspect, if I’m flying, I need to be somewhere and the unreliability is problematic.

Una Due Tfc
25th Jul 2019, 21:25
Is it more the ex Republic frames that are having issues or a mixed bag?

They’ve made some poor fleet choices over the years. Did they ever NEED the extra performance of the thirstier Q400 over the ATR?

Fly757X
25th Jul 2019, 21:33
Is it more the ex Republic frames that are having issues or a mixed bag?

They’ve made some poor fleet choices over the years. Did they ever NEED the extra performance of the thirstier Q400 over the ATR?

Yesterday's was ECOF and a few earlier instances were from other reg-sets so it's more of a mixed bag

Anyway is this not better placed in the BHD thread, it seems like there has been far too much crossover in the last few days.

2Para
26th Jul 2019, 19:48
Thought you would burst into flames if you walked over the threshold of Georgie Best's terminal
🤣🤣👍 i haven't any issues about BHD.

speedrestriction
29th Jul 2019, 20:00
Ryanair hint at further retreat from BFS (https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0729/1065758-ryanair/)

2Para
29th Jul 2019, 20:36
Ryanair hint at further retreat from BFS (https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0729/1065758-ryanair/)
Was this not always O'learys get out of jail card, the MAX (8200) or brexit?

True Blue
29th Jul 2019, 20:39
But domestic routes out of Ldy are ok?🤔

Alteagod
30th Jul 2019, 10:38
Good point

cuthere
30th Jul 2019, 10:54
But domestic routes out of Ldy are ok?��

I don’t know about BFS, but I think the LDY-LPL/EDI routes are flown by aircraft not based at those airports. Essentially the sector is shoe-horned in between longer LPL/EDI sectors. Fly757x will likely know more.
​​​​​​​

GAZMO
30th Jul 2019, 15:36
CAA stats out for June

6,508,242 pax on 12 rolling months
Up 10.6%
Domestic
LTN +5 BHX +11 BRS +8 EDI +4 GLA +0
LPL +7 MAN +30 NCL +3

BFS101
2nd Aug 2019, 22:08
Not sure if this has been discussed, but has Thomas Cook pulled their winter program from Belfast? Everything seems to end at the start of November, and besides a couple of dates around Christmas, seems to be very little until March.

Thomas Cook and Airtours before have had a winter program from Belfast for as long as I can remember. Loose of a based aircraft, no?

2Para
2nd Aug 2019, 23:46
Not sure if this has been discussed, but has Thomas Cook pulled their winter program from Belfast? Everything seems to end at the start of November, and besides a couple of dates around Christmas, seems to be very little until March.

Thomas Cook and Airtours before have had a winter program from Belfast for as long as I can remember. Loose of a based aircraft, no?
i have heard the aircraft won't be coming back full stop, but not 1st hand so not 100% at the minute. Sad times if they do pull the aircraft, it was on the cards last year till a deal was struck.

GAZMO
3rd Aug 2019, 07:38
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/belfast-international-airport-apologises-after-queues-leave-passengers-missing-flights-38369921.html

from this morning BT

BFS BHD
5th Aug 2019, 21:15
Wonder will Wizz Air add Gdansk, Warsaw and Wroclaw like Edinburgh as I don't see Ryanair readding the routes!

BHD2BFS
6th Aug 2019, 10:24
I wondered if wizzair would move to BHD and start a LTN route?

763 jock
6th Aug 2019, 11:22
i have heard the aircraft won't be coming back full stop, but not 1st hand so not 100% at the minute. Sad times if they do pull the aircraft, it was on the cards last year till a deal was struck.

A lot of TCX A321's are going to Air Transat this winter. I think 14 in total. The UK narrow body fleet will be hugely diminished and the programme has been reduced accordingly. All part of this weeks plan to reduce the winter losses. Employees in BFS are aware but nothing communicated about next summer.

Is your source reliable?

True Blue
7th Aug 2019, 19:45
So if the FR base at Bfs is closing early November, are all routes being cancelled or operated from elsewhere? They are still on sale.

2Para
10th Aug 2019, 21:16
I wondered if wizzair would move to BHD and start a LTN route?
🤣🤣 id love to see wizz in BHD with an a321 and a half hour turnaround at 2200, laughable really sir...

scodaman
11th Aug 2019, 09:00
What's the official story on Ryanair closing BFS? Is it just whispers or is it confirmed? If it was confirmed it would have been all over the news. A current news search on net only mentions the Faro closure as there are flights from BFS to it.

True Blue
11th Aug 2019, 09:38
I have read base is to close early November. But flights are still on sale as was. Like you I am.also confused.

buzz_hornet
12th Aug 2019, 15:55
Sounds like Thomas Cook have gone on a cancellation spree from BFS for November and December.

Covered on Radio Foyle earlier today

SealinkBF
13th Aug 2019, 18:52
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/belfast-international-airport-apologises-after-queues-leave-passengers-missing-flights-38369921.html

from this morning BT

Again??? Unbelievable.

Alteagod
13th Aug 2019, 18:57
Ah come on BFS get your doodah in order. 100% unacceptable

2Para
13th Aug 2019, 18:58
Again??? Unbelievable.
this is the same quotation from 3rd aug 😂😂

True Blue
13th Aug 2019, 19:05
Interesting that my son passed through that morning for the 8.20 am(approx) flight to Liverpool with no delay. How do you manage such large swings in demand over a short period?

True Blue
13th Aug 2019, 19:07
Still no news on what is happening to FR at Bfs? Flights still on sale. You would have thought that if they are pulling the plug, they would have taken flights off-sale by now.

West Brit
13th Aug 2019, 21:36
Just never book flights with FR. No need to worry then what they do or don't do....

sealink
14th Aug 2019, 09:36
Still no news on what is happening to FR at Bfs? Flights still on sale. You would have thought that if they are pulling the plug, they would have taken flights off-sale by now.
I am hoping that if they do close the base they will continue to operate the flights with non based a/c ( with the exception of FAO )

El Bunto
14th Aug 2019, 17:36

On the contrary, the cashflow is very useful. Eventually they might need to issue refunds but that can be done at a financially convenient time. And a certain percentage of customers won't remember to request a refund...

True Blue
14th Aug 2019, 17:58
Whilst what you are suggesting does not surprise me, if they are doing that it says a lot about their culture and why they now face issues.

SealinkBF
15th Aug 2019, 10:21
this is the same quotation from 3rd aug 😂😂

I'm a slow reader! 🤣

2Para
15th Aug 2019, 15:39
I'm a slow reader! 🤣
😂😂no worries lad

GAZMO
21st Aug 2019, 17:05
easyjet celebrates milestone

https://nitravelnews.com/news/easyjet-celebrates-flying-60-million-passengers-from-belfast/

BFS BHD
23rd Aug 2019, 00:36
Any talks of Wizz Air adding any new routes from BFS, I see they have been adding flights to other UK airports the past week or two.

GE115b
24th Aug 2019, 10:43
There has been a lot of official announcements about Ryanair base closures, yet BFS still escapes the cull?

kildress
25th Aug 2019, 16:05
I have booked late October so hope the November date suggested earlier, if closure is a must, is correct

BACsuperVC10
25th Aug 2019, 17:45
easyjet celebrates milestone

https://nitravelnews.com/news/easyjet-celebrates-flying-60-million-passengers-from-belfast/

Flew LPL over to BFS on Friday morning , full A320, back to Liverpool this afternoon same. Very good flights by Easyjet. Arrived at very hot Liverpool 29C

GAZMO
28th Aug 2019, 14:20
CAA stats out for July

BELFAST INTERNATIONAL 6,471,271 up 8.8% compared to last year, but month down -5.5% compared to July 2018

True Blue
30th Aug 2019, 10:24
Ryanair Bfs - Tfs now off sale from early jan 20. They will soon have nothing left to sell out of Bfs.

BFS BHD
3rd Sep 2019, 17:31
Jet2 to increase flights to Lanzarote and Tenerife in Feb/Mar/Apr.

Tenerife up to 4 weekly
Lanzarote up to 3 Weekly

2Para
4th Sep 2019, 08:31

Tenerife up to 4 weekly
Lanzarote up to 3 Weekly
Jet 2 are just grabbing at everything whilst ezy looks like they haven't got the resources or are too late to the party.

West Brit
4th Sep 2019, 09:48
Jet 2 are just grabbing at everything whilst ezy looks like they haven't got the resources or are too late to the party.
Easy could run Lanzarote all year round, with TCX down to only one weekly (2 last year) throughout summer this year and FR cuts....

2Para
4th Sep 2019, 13:49
Easy could run Lanzarote all year round, with TCX down to only one weekly (2 last year) throughout summer this year and FR cuts....
indeed, just need to pull the finger out

BFS BHD
4th Sep 2019, 15:41

Tenerife up to 4 weekly
Lanzarote up to 3 Weekly

Tenerife now running at 4 weekly from 23rd Dec 2019 to 20th April 2020. (Mondays are the extra flights).

scodaman
5th Sep 2019, 09:32
Jet2 check in problems

https://news.causewaycoastcommunity.co.uk/local-news/airport-chaos-after-computer-check-in-systems-crash/

Startledgrapefruit
5th Sep 2019, 11:04
https://m-belfasttelegraph-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/doctor-slams-55-dreadful-menu-in-belfast-international-airport-lounge-38468075.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.belfasttelegraph.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fn orthern-ireland%2Fdoctor-slams-55-dreadful-menu-in-belfast-international-airport-lounge-38468075.html

True Blue
5th Sep 2019, 18:22
Ryanair has almost everything deleted now from Bfs.

2Para
5th Sep 2019, 20:51
Ryanair has almost everything deleted now from Bfs.
only now is the true extent revealing itself, sad news indeed but, o'leary airlines have been renown for this, still surprising that bfs let them in.

True Blue
5th Sep 2019, 21:12
Ir looks like they will have a few services continuing, at least at the moment. So are they keeping a very small toe in the water?

Cozy F
5th Sep 2019, 22:25
Think FR initially arrived in BFS with Gatwick remedy slots from the IAG takeover of Aer Lingus?

But having chopped and changed a bit, looks like their heart isn’t in it.

Good opportunity for EZY and Jet2 to strengthen - perhaps Wizz too?

2Para
6th Sep 2019, 06:53
Think FR initially arrived in BFS with Gatwick remedy slots from the IAG takeover of Aer Lingus?

But having chopped and changed a bit, looks like their heart isn’t in it.

Good opportunity for EZY and Jet2 to strengthen - perhaps Wizz too?WAW will be a good route to reinstate, also big student population in gdansk and wroclaw.

mart901
6th Sep 2019, 10:14
A lot of the growth at BFS from U2 and LS has been spurred by FR being there. Be interesting to see if they do pick up anything or of they retract back to profit maximisation.
Interesting talking to a source of mine, a lot of the issues with FR relate to them being unable to fill a/c without heavy discounting. Seems EZY have a more solid and loyal customer base than FR reckoned on, especially in the case of domestic.

Plane.Silly
6th Sep 2019, 11:15
Good opportunity for EZY and Jet2 to strengthen - perhaps Wizz too?
A lot of the growth at BFS from U2 and LS has been spurred by FR being there. Be interesting to see if they do pick up anything or of they retract back to profit maximisation.

Appears Jet2 prefer the space to grow...

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/uk-world/jet2-adding-26-flights-to-the-canaries-from-belfast-international-airport-38467621.html

mikkie4
6th Sep 2019, 11:36
Appears Jet2 prefer the space to grow...

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/uk-world/jet2-adding-26-flights-to-the-canaries-from-belfast-international-airport-38467621.html
maybe ezy or Logan air could take up the route from southend

scodaman
6th Sep 2019, 12:19
Jet2 appear to have cut Faro down to 5 days a week next summer rather than 6. This year there was no flight on a Wednesday but next summer they have no flights on both Tuesday and Wednesday.

EI-BUD
6th Sep 2019, 19:36
maybe ezy or Logan air could take up the route from southend
Belfast - Southend?

easyJet have been and gone and it diluted yields on their other London routes ...

2Para
6th Sep 2019, 20:13
Belfast - Southend?

easyJet have been and gone and it diluted yields on their other London routes ...
eu-jet started that trend with a route to manston in kent, ezy said it was only a trial during the Lindon Olympics, cant see a big thing out of the main London airports.

EI-BUD
6th Sep 2019, 21:23
eu-jet started that trend with a route to manston in kent, ezy said it was only a trial during the Lindon Olympics, cant see a big thing out of the main London airports.
I never heard anything about this being for the Olympics. Sounds crazy.

The olympics resulted in a dip in tourism to London.

True Blue
7th Sep 2019, 08:48
Ryanair going to be using Ryanair Sun for the canaries bases. So this is all about cost cutting. What are the chances they will return on these routes via this subsidiary?

EI-BUD
8th Sep 2019, 07:17
Ryanair going to be using Ryanair Sun for the canaries bases. So this is all about cost cutting. What are the chances they will return on these routes via this subsidiary?

So Ryanair in effect TrueBlue are substituting a Ryanair operation with a RyanairSun/Buzz base. Suggests they are not happy about their cost base. Equally, let's just see what this does for their already frayed union relationships...

scodaman
9th Sep 2019, 00:04
https://www.newsletter.co.uk/business/belfast-international-airport-at-aldergrove-is-worst-in-uk-according-to-which-survey-of-passengers-1-9063818

cuthere
9th Sep 2019, 04:43
Having the story in the local rag is one thing, having it on the front page of one of the most visited websites in the UK is another: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49628875

Disastrous PR.

racedo
9th Sep 2019, 07:14
Having the story in the local rag is one thing, having it on the front page of one of the most visited websites in the UK is another: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49628875

Disastrous PR.

Another of these 5hite Which ? surveys portrayed as Gospel and portrayed as such.

4500 surveys out of membership of 1.6 million.

No independent verification is provided that the people concerned have actually visited ANY airport yet somehow yet again everybody should believe Which?

It's job is increasing subscriptions and surveys like this help.

Blackfriar
9th Sep 2019, 07:27
Who would subscribe to Which to work out which airport to fly from? If you are business, it's the schedule and if you are leisure its the price. I fly through BFS several times a year and yes it is shabby, but there have been recent improvements. No security delays when I fly but it's late in the evening. Much busier than when I worked there as a despatcher in the 80s and the ground handling seems to have improved over Servisair days.

cuthere
9th Sep 2019, 07:44
I was not commenting on the veracity of the survey; rather the fact BFS has been the recipient of many episodes of disastrous PR over the last 12-18 months, if not longer. I often despair at the state of the place, the first impression many inbound tourists get.

TartinTon
9th Sep 2019, 08:32
I don't know why anyone still takes Which? surveys seriously. Every one of their recent surveys are statistically insignificant. They once voted Aurigny as the best airline in Europe on the basis of a sample size of 42 pax. This one interviewed 273 pax at Luton out of 16 million so the results are a complete and utter waste of everyone's time. Nothing to see here people, move along....

SWBKCB
9th Sep 2019, 08:39
I'm sure you are right, but Google Belfast airport and the top stories that come up all say it's the worst airport in Britain...

panpanpanpan
9th Sep 2019, 09:21
Maybe they are of similar opinion to Ryanair who were always associated with the phrase "there's no such thing as bad publicity"?

I still prefer the statement they released when Norwegian left, something about how they were morons moving to Dublin. A strange approach to winning hearts and minds but people will use them if the price is right and the destination is what they want. Pax numbers are holding up if not increasing so it can't be that bad! :hmm:

Meanwhile down at Harbour.......:}

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/belfast-city-airport-named-one-16862700

GAZMO
9th Sep 2019, 11:33
Ok 68 people don’t like BFS What about the other 6 million that use the airport
”Of the 4,499 people who took part in survey, 68 of them focused on Belfast International”

EGAC is Better
9th Sep 2019, 13:59
Ok 68 people don’t like BFS What about the other 6 million that use the airport
”Of the 4,499 people who took part in survey, 68 of them focused on Belfast International”

It is a small sample size but realistically how many people actually disagree with the sentiment?

Earlier this summer I spent two months commuting BFS-BRS. Since then BHD-LHR (T5). In both cases I have the same benefits ie. fast track, priority boarding and lounge access. The difference in travel experience is significant, in favour of BHD and LHR. Taking security as an example it hasn’t taken more than 5 minutes to clear at both BHD and T5 all summer.

I think the issue is that we (I was guilty of this) all have expectations of BFS that are too high. It is a hub for low cost airlines and as such we should not expect any level of service higher than that. If you get a day when it it exceeds those expectations, great. Otherwise, you got what you expected and are not disappointed.

West Brit
9th Sep 2019, 15:52
Airports/air travel, railway/bus stations rail travel, and car travel these days is ****e. Been through LGW, BRS, BFS, BOD all the same terrible experience wouldn't expect anything better.

speedrestriction
9th Sep 2019, 17:07
Went through BGY last year on a last minute re-route. Expected the usual tired loco terminal but was pleasantly surprised. Bright and airy once airside.

BFS needs redevelopment - not just superficial rearrangement of restaurants but proper re-development. At certain times of day it is running at near full capacity in terms of stand usage so there is little point investing in the terminal unless they are also prepared to upgauge everything else: stands, parking, transport links etc. This only make sense if the owners think there is headroom to grow. Otherwise it makes more sense for them to squeeze the asset until it becomes more expensive to maintain the old buildings than to build a new one. It is the shabbiest looking medium sized passenger airport in the UK with maybe the exception of Exeter.

2Para
9th Sep 2019, 17:20
Went through BGY last year on a last minute re-route. Expected the usual tired loco terminal but was pleasantly surprised. Bright and airy once airside.

BFS needs redevelopment - not just superficial rearrangement of restaurants but proper re-development. At certain times of day it is running at near full capacity in terms of stand usage so there is little point investing in the terminal unless they are also prepared to upgauge everything else: stands, parking, transport links etc. This only make sense if the owners think there is headroom to grow. Otherwise it makes more sense for them to squeeze the asset until it becomes more expensive to maintain the old buildings than to build a new one. It is the shabbiest looking medium sized passenger airport in the UK with maybe the exception of Exeter.
it will go nowhere fast, superficial touch ups here and there along with maybe some decent money spent. NI is going nowhere until we sort the hill out.

True Blue
9th Sep 2019, 20:52
For me, I think they have brought some of this upon themselves. I have written to the main guy there on a number of occasions over a number of years about that canopy/roof as you approach the main entrance. The roof that leaks like a sive. On each occasion I have been assured that it will be repaired and soon. It has never happened. I think it is a disgrace. So little sympathy from me.

flightrisk82
11th Sep 2019, 19:05
It is a small sample size but realistically how many people actually disagree with the sentiment?

Agreed - the Which statistical sample is a nonsense but the publicity is real and the sentiment is undeniable. I'm happy to commute domestic via BFS but international arrivals is an embarrassment, there are 50s-70s era terminals in former eastern bloc airports that are better equipped and better modernised.

It didn't matter as much when international arrivals were mostly bucket and spade returnees, but if we have aspirations of inward tourism arrivals then this needs to be improved, our experience of arriving from Bergamo earlier this year with the loading well over 50% (anecdotally) non NI residents, then the arrival experience was absolutely dreadful and a terrible first impression of NI. You don't get a second chance at a first impression.

Speaking of which if BGY is lost from the RYR schedule then that is a crying shame, a fantastic route which seemed to be well used.

True Blue
12th Sep 2019, 04:29
So the FR story is now on BBC NI. FR has made their schedule changes but it seems that there will still be one aircraft in Bfs. Am I correct or have I missed something?

GAZMO
12th Sep 2019, 06:29
Going by BT they are pulling out

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/blow-for-belfast-as-ryanair-pulls-out-and-aer-lingus-cuts-routes-38490545.html

Cozy F
12th Sep 2019, 07:27
Think pulling out entirely is wrong. Flights still on sale on a number of routes likely to be flown into Belfast from other Ryanair bases. The single based aircraft for Ryan in Belfast appears to be getting moved out as they are claiming they need to move planes around their network to plug holes because at this point in time they are short of a number of planned Boeing MAX aircraft. Doubt if any significant destination is getting closed down completely? They have a lot of ordered planes arriving in their lap fairly soon and they are going to have to put them all somewhere, so likely won’t want to cut off too many future options?

GAZMO
12th Sep 2019, 13:21
Looks like FR will only be doing 8 weekly flights in the winter period
BGY once weekly non based aircraft
KRK twice weekly non based aircraft
ALC once weekly non based aircraft
STN twice weekly non based aircraft
AGP twice weekly one non based and one BFS aircraft???

Will this reduction encourage EZY and LS to increase flights??

West Brit
19th Sep 2019, 06:44
EZY BFS/NAPLES summer 2020 dropped?

GAZMO
19th Sep 2019, 09:17
West Brit

What is the source of this route cancellation?

oops

Just saw EZY spring / summer schedule

GAZMO
19th Sep 2019, 12:02
For information

https://nitravelnews.com/news/easyjet-puts-its-summer-2020-flights-on-sale-from-belfast/

BFS BHD
19th Sep 2019, 21:34
Ryanair appear to be adding Gdansk and Warsaw back for Summer 2020 which is a good sign. Krakow also seems to be getting loaded into the system. All operated by Ryanair Sun.

BFS BHD
20th Sep 2019, 14:34
Belfast International Airport chief Graham Keddie welcomes Vinci Concessions chief executive Nicolas Notebaert to Aldergrove yesterday as the airport's new branding was unveiled

The head of Belfast International Airport's French majority owners Vinci insists that "money is no object" in growing the Aldergrove hub and attracting new routes.

Nicolas Notebaert, chief executive of Vinci Concessions and president of Vinci Airports hinted at the potential of a new terminal building in the coming years.

He also suggested that Vinci would throw its weight behind ambitions to attract additional carriers including Qatar and America Airlines to Belfast.

More Here: Belfast International Airport owners reveal ambitious expansion plan - The Irish News (http://www.irishnews.com/business/2019/09/20/news/headline-1716972/)

GAZMO
20th Sep 2019, 14:52
Ryanair appear to be adding Gdansk and Warsaw back for Summer 2020 which is a good sign. Krakow also seems to be getting loaded into the system. All operated by Ryanair Sun.

From their mobile app it looks like Warsaw and Gdansk twice weekly Tues and Sat, KRK three weekly tues thurs and Sun

DUB19
20th Sep 2019, 17:06
Anyone know if QR are Launching BFS - DOH? Its been over a year QR expressed interest, surely they would have announced something by now if they were still interested, unless they are waiting for the A321 Neo to be delivered.

2Para
20th Sep 2019, 20:34
Anyone know if QR are Launching BFS - DOH? Its been over a year QR expressed interest, surely they would have announced something by now if they were still interested, unless they are waiting for the A321 Neo to be delivered.
yes. New York, Dubai Frankfurt and various European hubs soon to be announced......., oops its not april 1st lol

EI-BUD
21st Sep 2019, 00:12
Belfast International Airport chief Graham Keddie welcomes Vinci Concessions chief executive Nicolas Notebaert to Aldergrove yesterday as the airport's new branding was unveiled

The head of Belfast International Airport's French majority owners Vinci insists that "money is no object" in growing the Aldergrove hub and attracting new routes.

Nicolas Notebaert, chief executive of Vinci Concessions and president of Vinci Airports hinted at the potential of a new terminal building in the coming years.

He also suggested that Vinci would throw its weight behind ambitions to attract additional carriers including Qatar and America Airlines to Belfast.

More Here: Belfast International Airport owners reveal ambitious expansion plan - The Irish News (http://www.irishnews.com/business/2019/09/20/news/headline-1716972/)

Surprised that BFS be owners don't recognise the need to get the LHR link back or to attract other non LCC carrier into the mix, I thought before I read the link that it would contain something to the effect_...

mart901
21st Sep 2019, 07:51
Surprised that BFS be owners don't recognise the need to get the LHR link back or to attract other non LCC carrier into the mix, I thought before I read the link that it would contain something to the effect_...
Who realistically would be likely to operate LHR? Non LCC for other routes? Who?

2Para
21st Sep 2019, 09:42
Who realistically would be likely to operate LHR? Non LCC for other routes? Who?
its not about who, its about what they want.

DUB19
21st Sep 2019, 10:36
actually, it is about who. You need an airline to operate the route!?

kildress
21st Sep 2019, 10:43

Hub?

mart901
21st Sep 2019, 11:21

Be an exercise in futility. The kind of airlines that would operate LHR from the Belfast market already are and non LCC airlines are mainly struggling and the like of say LH or IB would head for BHD.
Imao BFS are right to pursue middle East and US carriers, and in many respects getting growth from other LCC is possible, and mopping up from FR and EI cutbacks.

speedrestriction
21st Sep 2019, 11:42
Easyjet have been saying for almost a decade that they are interested in opening a base in Heathrow if a third runway is built. The previous easyJet CEO reckoned on a double digit size fleet based there. A BFS LHR route would be quite likely I would have thought considering the total size of the Belfast-London market. LHR is one of the last few major airports in Europe without an easyJet presence.

2018 BBC article. (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwil6_em6OHkAhUG4YUKHRwsAXgQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk-england-44454579&psig=AOvVaw3TCxeqFdVbRiRUD-iVMhIF&ust=1569151851525740)

mart901
21st Sep 2019, 14:14
Easyjet have been saying for almost a decade that they are interested in opening a base in Heathrow if a third runway is built. The previous easyJet CEO reckoned on a double digit size fleet based there. A BFS LHR route would be quite likely I would have thought considering the total size of the Belfast-London market. LHR is one of the last few major airports in Europe without an easyJet presence.

2018 BBC article. (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwil6_em6OHkAhUG4YUKHRwsAXgQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk-england-44454579&psig=AOvVaw3TCxeqFdVbRiRUD-iVMhIF&ust=1569151851525740)
And I can see them doing it, but I can't see onwards connections so not a huge benefit.

2Para
21st Sep 2019, 14:21
actually, it is about who. You need an airline to operate the route!?
actually it is about what the fee is, airlines use incentives as much as what they reap off the route, DUB

EGAC is Better
21st Sep 2019, 20:15
actually it is about what the fee is, airlines use incentives as much as what they reap off the route, DUB

LCC’s are far more susceptible to taking incentives to operate from sub-par locations than full service carriers who offer more than one class LCC service.

LHR is not a LCC airport, BFS is. Until BFS is not a dump I find it very hard to see why any non-LCC would put their higher fare paying passengers through the carnage. Its a recipe for complaints.

BFS needs new infrastructure in the flavour of proper premium ground services eg. consistent priority security, a decent lounge (Causeway is terrible and too busy at peak times) and then the part they can’t buy easily - efficient transport links to the countries biggest population centres.

IMO in comparison to somewhere like LHR, BFS is a truly awful place to travel through.

speedrestriction
22nd Sep 2019, 07:23
The £1 parking fee for drop off is highly irritating - fair enough if there is a “premium” drop off but in the interests of fairness I believe there should always be a free drop off location available.

At the moment people get dropped off at the petrol station across the road and cross the road through traffic (no pedestrian crossing). Sooner or later a pedestrian will get hit for the sake of the airport not providing an adequate free drop off point.

Blackfriar
22nd Sep 2019, 08:01
LCC’s are far more susceptible to taking incentives to operate from sub-par locations than full service carriers who offer more than one class LCC service.

LHR is not a LCC airport, BFS is. Until BFS is not a dump I find it very hard to see why any non-LCC would put their higher fare paying passengers through the carnage. Its a recipe for complaints.

BFS needs new infrastructure in the flavour of proper premium ground services eg. consistent priority security, a decent lounge (Causeway is terrible and too busy at peak times) and then the part they can’t buy easily - efficient transport links to the countries biggest population centres.

IMO in comparison to somewhere like LHR, BFS is a truly awful place to travel through.

BFS is a bit tired after being denied expenditure while it was up for sale - classic behaviour by seller. It is not, in my experience, "carnage" or a dump. Lo-cos will pay only the minimum so no airbridges or fancy lounges. The market has decided that people will stand in the rain, put up with minimal facilities and pay outrageous amounts for parking to get a cheap flight. At the times I use BFS (0800 arrival and 2100 departure) it works very well. Security is like anywhere else (and miles better than BRS was a couple of years ago when it had huge delays). The rest is just a big shed with food and drink outlets. A bit like Waterloo or Paddington stations which are nothing special either.

It could definitely do with a spuce up but with such low landing fees as demanded by locos there is limited budget for any massive development. That is the nature of 21st Century flying. If you gave people the choice of fewer flights, higher fares and a nicer terminal they would tell you where to go.
If you want a shiny status symbol, the government or somebody else needs to pay for it, but it's not a dump and not carnage. running it down doesn't help, how about some creative solutions to making improvements without simply demanding other people spend money?

GAZMO
22nd Sep 2019, 08:09
The £1 parking fee for drop off is highly irritating - fair enough if there is a “premium” drop off but in the interests of fairness I believe there should always be a free drop off location available.

At the moment people get dropped off at the petrol station across the road and cross the road through traffic (no pedestrian crossing). Sooner or later a pedestrian will get hit for the sake of the airport not providing an adequate free drop off point.

I believe there is a free drop off at the long stay car park. If I’m incorrect I’m sure someone will amend

£1 is a fair price for drop off compared to other UK airports. Imagine the chaos if there was no charge

West Brit
22nd Sep 2019, 08:18
BFS is a bit tired after being denied expenditure while it was up for sale - classic behaviour by seller. It is not, in my experience, "carnage" or a dump. Lo-cos will pay only the minimum so no airbridges or fancy lounges. The market has decided that people will stand in the rain, put up with minimal facilities and pay outrageous amounts for parking to get a cheap flight. At the times I use BFS (0800 arrival and 2100 departure) it works very well. Security is like anywhere else (and miles better than BRS was a couple of years ago when it had huge delays). The rest is just a big shed with food and drink outlets. A bit like Waterloo or Paddington stations which are nothing special either.

It could definitely do with a spuce up but with such low landing fees as demanded by locos there is limited budget for any massive development. That is the nature of 21st Century flying. If you gave people the choice of fewer flights, higher fares and a nicer terminal they would tell you where to go.
If you want a shiny status symbol, the government or somebody else needs to pay for it, but it's not a dump and not carnage. running it down doesn't help, how about some creative solutions to making improvements without simply demanding other people spend money?
Fair point Blackfriar. I mean an airport is like a railway station for planes. It's a place where you commence or terminate a journey by plane. It's not a spa resort hotel. All airports IMO are an unpleasant experience. The whole flying experience IMO is not great. A good airport would be one where you pass through with minimum of delay or inconvenience, nothing whatsoever to do with the Architecture. I would rather travel through a dump if my flight was on time, than be delayed for 10 mins in an architectural master piece.

2Para
22nd Sep 2019, 09:27
My lasting impression of belfast unfortunately is in the eighties whenever the airport employees had gardens to mantain out the front, you had nice wooden steps up out of the checkin hall and people came to have sunday lunch without security restrictions to enjoy all the comings and goings. It is now just a passing through area for earphone wearing w#####s with their starbucks in their hand, or drunken holiday makers looking for fights.

Danmadole
22nd Sep 2019, 09:43

Most sensible post I've seen on here in a long time. It's an airport folks.... not a Dubai Shopping mal. Its appearance for travellers inbound and outbound has much less impact than some on here seem to think.

Danmadole
22nd Sep 2019, 09:45
Fair point Blackfriar. I mean an airport is like a railway station for planes. It's a place where you commence or terminate a journey by plane. It's not a spa resort hotel. All airports IMO are an unpleasant experience. The whole flying experience IMO is not great. A good airport would be one where you pass through with minimum of delay or inconvenience, nothing whatsoever to do with the Architecture. I would rather travel through a dump if my flight was on time, than be delayed for 10 mins in an architectural master piece.

Exactly. Aldergrove would be a fantastic experience if it wasn't for the 6 million others using it!

kildress
22nd Sep 2019, 10:27
I believe there is a free drop off at the long stay car park. If I’m incorrect I’m sure someone will amend

£1 is a fair price for drop off compared to other UK airports. Imagine the chaos if there was no charge

Yeah, chaos like at BHD, for example.

speedrestriction
22nd Sep 2019, 11:18
It is not merely aesthetics, ugly though they are - it is a question of design and functionality. For example the insufficient security hall capacity, having to queue in the stairwells to board, the long queues up to the Gate 10-14 area where you can have 700 people trying to fit into the same area as a tennis court. There are far better designs out there that allow for passengers to be scanned through the gate and then to wait in relative comfort prior to swiftly boarding across the ramp - think Schipol or the satellite stands in Lyon. If there is redevelopment I hope the airport closely works with Jet2, easyJet and Ryanair to deliver a design which works for the way BFS is actually used.

EGAC is Better
22nd Sep 2019, 11:25
Blackfriar

To set some context my experiences of BFS are leaving ~6-7AM during the morning rush, leaving ~5-6PM during evening rush and generally arriving home mid-late evening. In that context I imagine our experiences in BFS are somewhat different. eg. The inverse of your journey, I’ve done Thursday night 8pm departure from BRS to BFS with enough regularity understand how busy it is. It is bad but not BFS bad.

My views are based on the entire experience from front door to bum on seat in aircraft. To say this is the nature of 21st century flying isn’t 100% correct. It is correct to say that about loco hubs, though.

Let me tone down and describe IMO in one word what comes to mind when I now think of BFS; uncivilised.

It’s not a one off experience which makes me write scathing comments as I did above. The inconsistency of service is the biggest bug for me and that is not hard to fix. Eg. Last week we spent 15 minutes in the priority security queue while the standard queues were flying. My OH’s bag was pinged for a search at security, it sat for almost 5 minutes before someone even acknowledged it and told her, “Oh sorry I sent it there by accident”

”Headphone wearing ******s and drunken holiday makers” are what contribute to me calling it carnage and a dump. Add to the being shoved in a stairwell 10 minutes before my plane has even arrived with said ******s all adds to worsen the experience. Rude and obnoxious are words that regularly enter my head as I travel through BFS. The reasonable response to that is if I don’t like it go elsewhere. My answer is, when I have a reasonable choice, I do. I vote with my feet u less I have no other sensible alternative.

I guess my point is, if BFS and Vinci are actually serious about attracting non-loco’s (rather than just blowing smoke up shareholders backsides) they need to first sort out their **** .

I’m not asking for a shiny new terminal just an improvement on what is currently there and that doesn’t require a rebuild, perhaps a redesign. I enter BFS with low expectations and yet the experience still regularly disappoints. I dislike airports today therefore have paid ways to get through them as quickly as possible and to sit in a quiet space away from the craziness. It is an occupational hazard for me so I take action where I can to avail of services which make my travel a bit more bearable. But, BFS can’t even deliver on these services consistently and that’s what they need to sort out if they think there is even a small chance of attracting a premium carrier.

eg. Tomorrow I have a pre 7AM flight from BHD. I know exactly when I need to get out of bed in order to make my flight without unnecessarily losing additional sleep. I know that after arriving at drop off, I can almost certainly expect to walk from car to lounge in 10 minutes, max. If I had the same from BFS, I simply have to make sure I add a lot more additional travel time for delays that occur due to inconsistency, as a regular work traveller time and consistency are what matters to me. This is therefore what shapes my view of the airports I visit.

2Para
22nd Sep 2019, 11:44
Blackfriar

To set some context my experiences of BFS are leaving ~6-7AM during the morning rush, leaving ~5-6PM during evening rush and generally arriving home mid-late evening. In that context I imagine our experiences in BFS are somewhat different. eg. The inverse of your journey, I’ve done Thursday night 8pm departure from BRS to BFS with enough regularity understand how busy it is. It is bad but not BFS bad.

My views are based on the entire experience from front door to bum on seat in aircraft. To say this is the nature of 21st century flying isn’t 100% correct. It is correct to say that about loco hubs, though.

Let me tone down and describe IMO in one word what comes to mind when I now think of BFS; uncivilised.

It’s not a one off experience which makes me write scathing comments as I did above. The inconsistency of service is the biggest bug for me and that is not hard to fix. Eg. Last week we spent 15 minutes in the priority security queue while the standard queues were flying. My OH’s bag was pinged for a search at security, it sat for almost 5 minutes before someone even acknowledged it and told her, “Oh sorry I sent it there by accident”

”Headphone wearing ******s and drunken holiday makers” are what contribute to me calling it carnage and a dump. Add to the being shoved in a stairwell 10 minutes before my plane has even arrived with said ******s all adds to worsen the experience. Rude and obnoxious are words that regularly enter my head as I travel through BFS. The reasonable response to that is if I don’t like it go elsewhere. My answer is, when I have a reasonable choice, I do. I vote with my feet u less I have no other sensible alternative.

I guess my point is, if BFS and Vinci are actually serious about attracting non-loco’s (rather than just blowing smoke up shareholders backsides) they need to first sort out their **** .

I’m not asking for a shiny new terminal just an improvement on what is currently there and that doesn’t require a rebuild, perhaps a redesign. I enter BFS with low expectations and yet the experience still regularly disappoints. I dislike airports today therefore have paid ways to get through them as quickly as possible and to sit in a quiet space away from the craziness. It is an occupational hazard for me so I take action where I can to avail of services which make my travel a bit more bearable. But, BFS can’t even deliver on these services consistently and that’s what they need to sort out if they think there is even a small chance of attracting a premium carrier.

eg. Tomorrow I have a pre 7AM flight from BHD. I know exactly when I need to get out of bed in order to make my flight without unnecessarily losing additional sleep. I know that after arriving at drop off, I can almost certainly expect to walk from car to lounge in 10 minutes, max. If I had the same from BFS, I simply have to make sure I add a lot more additional travel time for delays that occur due to inconsistency, as a regular work traveller time and consistency are what matters to me. This is therefore what shapes my view of the airports I visit.
you must have to leave long before the flight then old chap, for the sydenham bypass is absolute carnage every, yes every morning between the hours of 05-1900 every weekday, bfs needs an up to date dual carrigeway, the long overdue railway spur off of it and terminal revamp, along with passenger walkways to aircraft, ps the passengers down the stairs are a LOCO thing to facilitate a quick turn, nothing to do with the airport, though a few windows and a-c would be nice lol

EGAC is Better
22nd Sep 2019, 16:08
you must have to leave long before the flight then old chap, for the sydenham bypass is absolute carnage every, yes every morning between the hours of 05-1900 every weekday, bfs needs an up to date dual carrigeway, the long overdue railway spur off of it and terminal revamp, along with passenger walkways to aircraft, ps the passengers down the stairs are a LOCO thing to facilitate a quick turn, nothing to do with the airport, though a few windows and a-c would be nice lol

Like most roads around Belfast, the Sydenham bypass is easy at 0530, at least it has been most weeks this year on a Monday or Tuesday morning.

I’m not so agreeable that the stairs is a loco thing. As touched on in a post above, this could be fixed by having proper waiting areas where passengers can be penned in, secured and sat down after boarding passes are scanned. Send us on the stairs when the aircraft is ready to board and not a minute before. That’s an airport layout issue.

kildress
22nd Sep 2019, 16:56

That certainly does not reflect my experience of Sydenham By-pass.
05-1900? You're joking!
I'm there 3-5 times a week at various times of day and have, of course, seen congestion at peak times but that is easily avoidable with flexibility (admittedly not available to all).

EGAC is Better
23rd Sep 2019, 05:05
Like most roads around Belfast, the Sydenham bypass is easy at 0530, at least it has been most weeks this year on a Monday or Tuesday morning.

As a data point 2Para, home to lounge 18 minutes. Drop off zone at BHD to lounge in 7 minutes.

No delays anywhere, straight onto a belt with my trays as soon as I arrived. Peak time on a Monday morning. BFS should take note that’s how fast track should work.

Startledgrapefruit
23rd Sep 2019, 08:21
As a data point 2Para, home to lounge 18 minutes. Drop off zone at BHD to lounge in 7 minutes.

No delays anywhere, straight onto a belt with my trays as soon as I arrived. Peak time on a Monday morning. BFS should take note that’s how fast track should work.
CONFIRMED
City centre to City Airport this morning 12 min !

EI-BUD
23rd Sep 2019, 08:41
CONFIRMED
City centre to City Airport this morning 12 min !

There should be very little traffic going toward the city airport in the morning, so should be quick . Besides, there is a train too, so the bus could be avoided at peak times where traffic going your way is heavy.

On a separate note, BHD is very notable as an example of a city with an airport very close to the city centre, the other notable examples this side if the Atlantic are Gotenburg and London City..

BHD2BFS
23rd Sep 2019, 13:55
Anyone know who and what will be operating repat flights into BFS for Thomas Cook?

its a sad time for aviation in NI.
Ryanair base gone
TCX base gone
and ASL base at BHD also gone

hopefully someone will see the demand from NI to help bring jobs back and see the huge gap in the market

Alteagod
23rd Sep 2019, 14:35
Next summers holypops are going to be expensive from Belfast next year. Competition slowly being eroded away

pabely
23rd Sep 2019, 14:37
Anyone know who and what will be operating repat flights into BFS for Thomas Cook?

https://thomascook.caa.co.uk/customers/if-you-are-currently-abroad/guidance-by-destination/ shows what is running now and planned so far.

DUB19
23rd Sep 2019, 21:04
I wonder if any if Jet2 or TUI will take over any off the Thomas Cook routes. There is definitely now room for a fifth aircraft from Jet2 or potentially a second from TUI based at BFS. The demand is there, lets just hope the airlines are willing to cater for it.

mart901
23rd Sep 2019, 21:26
I wonder if any if Jet2 or TUI will take over any off the Thomas Cook routes. There is definitely now room for a fifth aircraft from Jet2 or potentially a second from TUI based at BFS. The demand is there, lets just hope the airlines are willing to cater for it.
Truth be told I'd imagine it's a dream come true for the airlines remaining on sunshine routes out of BFS. In a matter of weeks FR cut back, EI away and TCX. Time to make money. I would hope some extra capacity would be made available but I can imagine it not being.
​​

West Brit
24th Sep 2019, 06:25
I am pretty sure Wizz will be evaluating the situation across the UK. A based aircraft at several regional centres for starters would increase their presence and familiarity. At Belfast for example, one based aircraft could serve 1 daily flight to a Canary Island plus a European city. Budapest 2 week, Rome 2 week, madrid..... a year round staple operation.

EI-BUD
24th Sep 2019, 08:47
I am pretty sure Wizz will be evaluating the situation across the UK. A based aircraft at several regional centres for starters would increase their presence and familiarity. At Belfast for example, one based aircraft could serve 1 daily flight to a Canary Island plus a European city. Budapest 2 week, Rome 2 week, madrid..... a year round staple operation.

West Brit,
So Ryanair have virtually exited the market (granted a lack of new ac issue, but ostensibly we can infer that low yield as its been scaled back in favour of more fruitful pastures), Aer Lingus have axed their 2 sun routes and you feel that this would be an attractive opportunity for Wizz?
The most suitable candidate to scale up is Jet2. An extra unit is completely plausable, however, all airlines will be looking at the wider opportunities in the UK, I.e. MAN, GLA, LGW etc. So that could pose a challenge in adding capacity, pity about Aer Lingus' timing.
​​​​

West Brit
24th Sep 2019, 09:17
West Brit,
So Ryanair have virtually exited the market (granted a lack of new ac issue, but ostensibly we can infer that low yield as its been scaled back in favour of more fruitful pastures), Aer Lingus have axed their 2 sun routes and you feel that this would be an attractive opportunity for Wizz?
The most suitable candidate to scale up is Jet2. An extra unit is completely plausable, however, all airlines will be looking at the wider opportunities in the UK, I.e. MAN, GLA, LGW etc. So that could pose a challenge in adding capacity, pity about Aer Lingus' timing.
​​​​
I would say that Jet2 will place additional aircraft to MAN, GLA, NCL before BFS.
Ryanair are having a wee winter rest.
A based aircraft for a sunshine operation doesn't work at BHD - too constrained. I would say that is why they have vacated. For instance there was a late arrival last week diverted in BFS, I don't know how many times this has happened. The costs involved must wipe any profit on that flight. The knock on effect was nearly a 2 hour delay to the flight the next morning.
These cancelled flights will be picked up by current Belfast operators. They don't want all the seats just the cream. Maybe they would operate a W pattern into BHD originating in BFS but more costly to do so why bother.

BFS BHD
26th Sep 2019, 23:04
Milan, Stansted and Manchester loaded into system at twice weekly for all three.

mart901
27th Sep 2019, 05:00
West Brit,
​​​​
Well I'd have said that Wizz was a totally random suggestion but the same day that was posted they announced LTN-TFS, totally new territory for them, albeit LTN is now a base rather than a virtual base.

BFS BHD
28th Sep 2019, 02:50
Milan, Stansted and Manchester loaded into system at twice weekly for all three.

Update: This flights now removed from the system.
Someone pressed the wrong button?

True Blue
28th Sep 2019, 22:00
I was just looking at the Thomson timetable for next summer. They seem to be operating only from mid-May to end of September. The Bfs holiday market seems to being handed to Jet2 almost on a plate, unless something changes before next summer.

PDXCWL45
29th Sep 2019, 06:14
I was just looking at the Thomson timetable for next summer. They seem to be operating only from mid-May to end of September. The Bfs holiday market seems to being handed to Jet2 almost on a plate, unless something changes before next summer.
Have you checked what they offer using airlines like Easyjet?

mart901
30th Sep 2019, 16:31
Apologies if it's already been covered :

https://nitravelnews.com/news/jet2-com-and-jet2holidays-adds-more-flights-and-holidays-from-belfast-international-in-response-to-increased-demand/

BFS BHD
30th Sep 2019, 23:26
Notice Jet2 has put a Wednesday service on sale to Malaga for Summer 2020 but only from 27th May to 15th July. Anyone know if it will be put on sale for the rest of summer?

With EasyJet dropping Naples in Summer 2020 its left gaps on Tuesdays and Saturdays (Afternoons). Any rumours on new routes? Would be good to see Berlin added.

Stansted, Manchester and Milan now added again for Summer 2020. Hopefully the rest may follow?

GAZMO
1st Oct 2019, 16:15
Mart901
I believe these are an additional few thousand seats. Previously announced 10 thousand extra seats at start of September. Certainly a good opportunity for Jet2 to add an additional plane at BFS

BFS BHD
Maybe easyJet will look at the Canaries since Naples dropped (TFS or LPA?)

Still cannot figure our why FR are only doing weekend flights to STN. The plane does not leave BFS until after 22.00 hours. Cannot be in central London before midnight. Maybe someone can enlighten me

DUB19
1st Oct 2019, 16:47
Mart901
I believe these are an additional few thousand seats. Previously announced 10 thousand extra seats at start of September. Certainly a good opportunity for Jet2 to add an additional plane at BFS

BFS BHD
Maybe easyJet will look at the Canaries since Naples dropped (TFS or LPA?)

Still cannot figure our why FR are only doing weekend flights to STN. The plane does not leave BFS until after 22.00 hours. Cannot be in central London before midnight. Maybe someone can enlighten me
the route is destined to fail. Such an unattractive time and frequency.

2Para
1st Oct 2019, 17:00
it is still full on each rotation, dont forget the vno wizz flight times, into vno for about 03-0400 local

DUB19
1st Oct 2019, 17:38
it is still full on each rotation, dont forget the vno wizz flight times, into vno for about 03-0400 local
Does the VNO Be popular, especially at that time?

2Para
1st Oct 2019, 18:47
Surprisingly yes, A321 on most rotations

DUB19
1st Oct 2019, 19:08
Surprisingly yes, A321 on most rotations
hopefully they will expand from BFS, unfortunate that Katowice didn’t work out

GAZMO
1st Oct 2019, 19:13
Used the VNO route in June and the A321 was at least 95%+ full.

yes would be nice to see another few routes from Wizz

2Para
1st Oct 2019, 19:37
Used the VNO route in June and the A321 was at least 95%+ full.

yes would be nice to see another few routes from Wizz
dont know if they could get some routes ex BFS that could contain year round services, Bulgaria would be possible with black sea summer then ski winter, plovdiv, sofia? Czech, Slovenia, Romania,Latvia,etc

mart901
1st Oct 2019, 19:42
hopefully they will expand from BFS, unfortunate that Katowice didn’t work out
Katowice worked well until FR arrived

Startledgrapefruit
2nd Oct 2019, 09:15
Probably a contractual obligations flight
If you will "ghost plane"

cuthere
2nd Oct 2019, 10:52
August stats are in. BFS is a 5% decrease on Aug 2018.

Sober Lark
2nd Oct 2019, 21:49
The dirty dub ? You lot really are a funny bunch !

No. I’d tend to agree with the statement. The toilets for one are easily the worst in Europe.

BFS BHD
7th Oct 2019, 14:21
Malta now showing again at two weekly

Alicante showing two weekly

Malaga showing four weekly

All non based aircraft

mart901
7th Oct 2019, 17:12
Malta now showing again at two weekly

Alicante showing two weekly

Malaga showing four weekly

All non based aircraft

AGP and ALC only showing till March?? MLA just April?

GAZMO
7th Oct 2019, 17:50
they are showing up on their app, website probably in a day or so

mart901
7th Oct 2019, 19:16
they are showing up on their app, website probably in a day or so
Randomly its the app I'm looking at.

GAZMO
7th Oct 2019, 19:24
I’m on the mobile app
ALC tues and Sat
AGP Mon Tues Thurs Sun
MLA Tues Sat

mart901
7th Oct 2019, 19:27
I’m on the mobile app
ALC tues and Sat
AGP Mon Tues Thurs Sun
MLA Tues Sat
Until when though? Certainly not throughout summer from what I can see

GAZMO
7th Oct 2019, 19:44
Flights are on the mobile app until October 2020 but not able to book just yet. All stating flights sold out which I think is normal practice for FR when uploading.
Time will tell In The next few days

mart901
7th Oct 2019, 20:05
Flights are on the mobile app until October 2020 but not able to book just yet. All stating flights sold out which I think is normal practice for FR when uploading.
Time will tell In The next few days
Yes I know what you mean, I've seen that before but randomly it's not showing up and I've refreshed the app. Probably show up soon. I figured they would continue the routes, at as profitable as possible frequency using overseas aircraft.

GAZMO
8th Oct 2019, 14:34
From post 2165

Notice Jet2 has put a Wednesday service on sale to Malaga for Summer 2020 but only from 27th May to 15th July. Anyone know if it will be put on sale for the rest of summer?

The Wednesday service appears now to run from 27/5/20 to 22/9/20

mart901
8th Oct 2019, 14:57
From post 2165

Your on the ball GAZMO. Be interesting to see if we get another aircraft based, given all that's happened. TUI don't seem to be likely any time soon.

BFS BHD
8th Oct 2019, 15:08

Where did you see that GAZMO? Still showing to July for me.

GAZMO
8th Oct 2019, 15:46
Oops sorry was looking at Majorca Palma......not on the ball!!

BFS BHD
8th Oct 2019, 18:45
Ahh easy done! :)

Fly757X
8th Oct 2019, 19:00
Whilst we are on the topic... Just a wee reminder that Jet2 will not be operating the New York break this year, however they will still operate Vienna and Cologne on the -300s as per usual.

GAZMO
8th Oct 2019, 20:00
FR to AGP, MLA and ALC on website and able to book until end of September 2020

BFS BHD
9th Oct 2019, 15:52
The Thursday Malaga and Stansted flights with Ryanair are now all showing as non based aircraft for Winter 2019/20.

BFS BHD
15th Oct 2019, 16:27
Changes happening for TUI Summer 2020
Corfu looks to be non based now
Palma Tues & Sat now departs around 11am

DUB19
15th Oct 2019, 16:28
Changes happening for TUI Summer 2020
Corfu looks to be non based now
Palma Tues & Sat now departs around 11am

Do you know if it’s sunwing for Summer 20?

GAZMO
15th Oct 2019, 17:11
With non based aircraft will this mean more routes from BFS?

2Para
15th Oct 2019, 19:49
With non based aircraft will this mean more routes from BFS?
hope so, big gap to be filled.

True Blue
15th Oct 2019, 21:49
Looking at the Thomson app seems to be extra dates being added.

BHD2BFS
15th Oct 2019, 22:47
Would TUI really base 2 aircraft to replace the loss of the TCX? Other airports have bigger voids because of TCX surely they would be more interested in the gains there?

Although if they strike deal with Hays Travel taking on all the shops in NI there could possibly be space in the market to expand with the loss of a winter charter airline we could see they go all year round

GAZMO
16th Oct 2019, 08:00
Yes loss of TCX at BFS but also EI stopping flights down the road at BHD and a reduction in FR services.
maybe get in first

PPRuNeUser0176
18th Oct 2019, 11:21
Would TUI really base 2 aircraft to replace the loss of the TCX? Other airports have bigger voids because of TCX surely they would be more interested in the gains there?

Although if they strike deal with Hays Travel taking on all the shops in NI there could possibly be space in the market to expand with the loss of a winter charter airline we could see they go all year round

The ASL B737 might be available in 2020, they already had a contract for TUI so they could perhaps base in Dublin and move a Sunwing up or just base in Belfast. Sunwing should be able to supply another without major problems.

Fly757X
18th Oct 2019, 11:53
The ASL B737 might be available in 2020, they already had a contract for TUI so they could perhaps base in Dublin and move a Sunwing up or just base in Belfast. Sunwing should be able to supply another without major problems.

the ASL Ireland B733 (EI-STA) has been WFU and is away to Klasjet from what I’ve heard.

midfieldgeneral
18th Oct 2019, 11:54

That ASL 737-300 EI-STA has left their fleet and been sold to Klasjet. It flew Dublin-Tallinn on Oct 14th

irishlad06
18th Oct 2019, 12:09

there is probably not enough demand for TUI to add a second aircraft considering Jet2 may also add additional flights. I can see both TUI and Jet2 adding flights/capacity but through non based aircraft or in the case of TUI other operators.

PPRuNeUser0176
18th Oct 2019, 15:21
Thanks both. Missed that one.

kildress
18th Oct 2019, 17:03
Thanks, midfieldgeneral.
I saw EI-sTA's Tallinn trip and wondered what was going on. Up until then it seemed to be doing what I presume were pilgrimage flights.

BFS BHD
21st Oct 2019, 18:36
Few increases for Summer 2020

Dalaman - Up to 2x Weekly
Bourgas - Up to 2x Weekly
Reus - Up to 4x Weekly

Extra Dalaman & Bourgas are non based flights using Aberdeen aircraft I think

Could be further changes

EGAC is Better
21st Oct 2019, 19:15
Forgive me if I’ve missed this (amongst the threads on cancellations) but it appears Ryanair have canned Girona as it was usually loaded by now for the past couple of summers. Also, Jet2 have changed their schedule to GRO for next summer to match the days FR were operating the last couple of summers.

LS flights now leaving BFS early morning, returning afternoon on Thursdays (it was Friday this year). And, leaving BFS early evening returning late evening on Mondays (was early Monday this year).

LS begin late May until late Sept which means a capacity drop and much shorter season on GRO route overall next year.

mart901
21st Oct 2019, 19:37
Few increases for Summer 2020

Dalaman - Up to 2x Weekly
Bourgas - Up to 2x Weekly
Reus - Up to 3x Weekly

Extra Dalaman & Bourgas are non based flights using Aberdeen aircraft I think

Could be further changes

What exactly do tui base at ABZ? Would that be with a positioning flight or W routing?

AIRBUSNNS17
21st Oct 2019, 19:46
BFS-REU will operate 4 weekly with TUI next year. It will operate twice on Tuesdays.

BFS BHD
21st Oct 2019, 19:53
Aberdeen was a Sunwing B738 this summer. It will be a 'W' Pattern routing.

mart901
21st Oct 2019, 19:57
Gotcha. Be interesting then if it's a cut for ABZ to increase BFS.

BFS BHD
21st Oct 2019, 22:13
BFS-REU will operate 4 weekly with TUI next year. It will operate twice on Tuesdays.

Changed to 4x Weekly

BHD2BFS
23rd Oct 2019, 09:37
There is meant to be a tui announcement on the 7th Nov I wonder if they will introduce a winter schedule from bfs next year

ROC10
23rd Oct 2019, 11:36
Gotcha. Be interesting then if it's a cut for ABZ to increase BFS.

No cuts to ABZ, it will actually grow with an additional DLM on Mondays. As has been discussed in the TUI thread, the ABZ a/c (TOM 738 last year and SWG 738 this year) flew w-patterns into GLA and NCL from PMI/DLM/CFU. As GLA and NCL will now each gain an additional a/c for S20, these ‘w’-flights are no longer required. It looks like Thursdays will see ABZ-DLM-BFS-DLM-ABZ, and Fridays ABZ-CFU-BFS-CFU-ABZ. Based on when I checked yesterday, the Tue and Sat PMI flights do not appear to be ‘w’-ing into BFS; however, I wasn’t able to see where they will be going. There’s a chance it could be BFS and the times will be updated but I’m guessing probably another base or the likes of HUY.

Alteagod
23rd Oct 2019, 11:36
I hope SSH comes back.

GAZMO
24th Oct 2019, 16:37
FYI

https://centreforaviation.com/news/tui-uk-announces-2020-summer-schedule-from-belfast-international-airport-948022

looks like 28,000 extra seats. 19 flights per week

plus press release from BFS
https://www.belfastairport.com/blog-news/2019/october/tui-uk-launches-additional-28-000-seats-for-summer-2020-from-belfast-international-airport

BFS BHD
29th Oct 2019, 10:51
Extra flights on sale

Lanzarote up to 3x Weekly
Tenerife up to 4x Weekly

Girona is down to 1x Weekly

GAZMO
29th Oct 2019, 11:51
Good to see a few extra flights to ACE and TFS
disappointing GRO dropped to one weekly since FR have dropped their twice weekly GRO service

GAZMO
29th Oct 2019, 12:42
Looking at jet2 schedule for July 2020 its still 54 flights per week. The AGP Wednesday flight is now only running to 25/6/20? Surprising as I thought running this into the July holiday period would be popular
Still only 3 flights on Wednesday AM and 3 on Wednesday PM

irishlad06
29th Oct 2019, 18:10
Looking at jet2 schedule for July 2020 its still 54 flights per week. The AGP Wednesday flight is now only running to 25/6/20? Surprising as I thought running this into the July holiday period would be popular
Still only 3 flights on Wednesday AM and 3 on Wednesday PM

this will probably stay as 3 in the morning and afternoon so that one aircraft can have a exiled maintenance.

GAZMO
29th Oct 2019, 19:33
Marrakech starts tomorrow, looking at EZY booking for tomorrows flight only 2 seats left on outbound flight
Hopefully a successful first season

CCFAIRPORT
30th Oct 2019, 08:31
for the 1st flight
BFS- RAK : 183
RAK-BFS : 55

GAZMO
30th Oct 2019, 14:20
From BFS website

https://www.belfastairport.com/blog-news/2019/october/easyjet-launches-first-flight-from-belfast-to-marrakech

good numbers on outbound flight

2Para
31st Oct 2019, 16:11
From BFS website

https://www.belfastairport.com/blog-news/2019/october/easyjet-launches-first-flight-from-belfast-to-marrakech

good numbers on outbound flight
something seriously wrong if you don't get a full flight on an inaugural service.

BFS BHD
1st Nov 2019, 14:46
Not 100% sure but it looks like the two B733s will be upgrading to B738s for S20 making it 4x B738s. Seems one comes at the end of May and the other at the end of June. Seems that the seat maps are updating at the minute so could change.

LBIA
6th Nov 2019, 20:27
Jet2 add more capacity from Belfast base for summer 2020.

Jet2.com and Jet2holidays adds Capacity to the Canaries | Northern Ireland Travel News (http://nitravelnews.com/news/jet2-com-and-jet2holidays-adds-capacity-to-the-canaries/?fbclid=IwAR3yYM2Eu17anxVA1fSGHUSniRRZ_fXh9LbEfVMrGha0OoGi67 zk2UqWi1o)

BFS BHD
11th Nov 2019, 22:02
Any ideas what is replacing Naples for EasyJet in S20?

GAZMO
12th Nov 2019, 03:05
One of the Canary Islands I would guess

GAZMO
14th Nov 2019, 11:55
from BT
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/ryanair-to-axe-belfast-to-barcelona-and-faro-summer-routes-38692091.html

As we probably assumed. Assume Berlin also gone?

Alteagod
14th Nov 2019, 16:32
That's a hell of a cull on FAO if you include the losses of EI down the road.

DUB19
15th Nov 2019, 15:41
First easyJet A321 Neo to operate BRS-BFS

https://twitter.com/belfastairport/status/1195378360014311424?s=21

yeo valley
15th Nov 2019, 17:07
There is 2 x A321 neo based at Brs. Its planned to do this flight daily.

BFS BHD
16th Nov 2019, 10:23
What's the loads been like on Marrakech?

GAZMO
20th Nov 2019, 12:56
New sun route to be announced from BFS next month. My bet is on canary Islands

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/new-northern-ireland-sun-holiday-route-heralded-by-easyjet-in-wake-of-profits-slump-38707885.html

Alteagod
20th Nov 2019, 14:40
Maybe LCA. I just hope it's not one of the usual suspects and we get a surprise

True Blue
20th Nov 2019, 14:53
Turkey? They have no routes there from Belfast.

GAZMO
20th Nov 2019, 14:55
LCA would be great.
2018 TCX did twice weekly flights I think to LCA

GAZMO
20th Nov 2019, 15:05
BFS BHD

I have no knowledge of how well Marrakech is doing but from BT article Easyjet appear to be reasonably happy

Ms Gayward, said they are pleased with its performance so far
"It's early days yet for the route, but we are happy and pleased with how it's going so far, she said.

DUB19
20th Nov 2019, 16:18
BFS BHD

I have no knowledge of how well Marrakech is doing but from BT article Easyjet appear to be reasonably happy

Ms Gayward, said they are pleased with its performance so far
"It's early days yet for the route, but we are happy and pleased with how it's going so far," she said.

we will have to wait for the stats to come out and see for ourselves :)

VickersVicount
20th Nov 2019, 22:01
I'll perhaps predict RAK is 'ok' but not gangbusters/spectacular.
All will be revealed next month...

GAZMO
22nd Nov 2019, 09:53
CAA Stats out for October

6,383,988 rolling 12 month period
Down 6% on October 2018

mart901
22nd Nov 2019, 19:45
Not sure when it was announced or if it was posted on here, tui are serving KGS from next year. Weekly afternoon service on Sunday's.

Cozy F
22nd Nov 2019, 23:10
Yep - brand new TUI flt to Kos in 2020, adding to their Corfu and Rhodes. Also 2 weekly Dalaman, extra Bourgas and Salou. Good to see TUI growing Belfast capacity after the sad demise of Thomas Cook.

allnamestaken1
23rd Nov 2019, 09:41
Any ideas on what the new sun route from Easyjet will be.My guess one of these 3 TFS/DLM/LCA.

GAZMO
25th Nov 2019, 19:00
Good news on ski front
https://nitravelnews.com/news/travel-solutions-add-extra-capacity-to-balkan-ski-programme/

DUB19
25th Nov 2019, 20:06
Good need on ski https://nitravelnews.com/news/travel-solutions-add-extra-capacity-to-balkan-ski-programme/

which airline will operate these flights?
Balkan Holidays?

GAZMO
26th Nov 2019, 05:05
I think I’m correct in saying Jet2 are flying charter flight for Travel Solutions

BH air fly charter flights for Balkan Holidays

DUB19
28th Nov 2019, 19:11
Tomorrow Jet2 operate their one off flight to Vienna (VIE)
Going by the seat maps there looks to be 135 PAX (91% LF).

Jet2 will also operate a on off flight to Cologne (CGN) on December the 6th

BFS BHD
30th Nov 2019, 18:15
Extra flights on sale to two of the Canary Islands for Winter 2020/21.

Gran Canaria & Lanzarote both sees increases for W20/21.

Tenerife also sees an increase compared to W19/20 but the flights have been on sale for a while.

Also Antalya now runs from 6th March 2020 to 27th November 2020. Maybe go year round soon?

yeo valley
1st Dec 2019, 07:49
Antalya could go year round,except you would have to take tents to sleep as most of hotels shut for winter.

West Brit
1st Dec 2019, 08:28
Extra flights on sale to two of the Canary Islands for Winter 2020/21.

Gran Canaria & Lanzarote both sees increases for W20/21.

Tenerife also sees an increase compared to W19/20 but the flights have been on sale for a while.

Also Antalya now runs from 6th March 2020 to 27th November 2020. Maybe go year round soon?
With reference to the Canaries, you must be talking about 1 or 2 here and there, rather than a weekly throughout the season? I can't see a significant difference between this winter and next.