PDA

View Full Version : Belfast International-2

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

owenc
4th Nov 2017, 19:02
So, there are 2 Jet2 738's at Belfast? What about Ryanair, is it only 1 now?

Refuellerman
4th Nov 2017, 19:26
2 jet2 733 one 738 and one fr 738

owenc
4th Nov 2017, 22:04
:mad: of Ryanair to do that.

airbourne
4th Nov 2017, 22:58
Yeh how dare they do whats in the best interests of their business! :mad:

Refuellerman
5th Nov 2017, 02:56
5 ryanair aircraft in the summer

owenc
5th Nov 2017, 04:09
Lol alright..

Refuellerman
5th Nov 2017, 12:37
More chance of getting ba back, lol, now theres a good roumer to start😂

BFS BHD
6th Nov 2017, 21:11
Looks like Salzburg is continuing for W18/19 on the B733

So looks like for W18/19 there will be two B738s and one B733 based.

Verona still not bookable.

Maybe see a new ski route or something as all the B733 does is Salzburgon a Saturday!

GAZMO
7th Nov 2017, 05:15
All good news. Maybe Jet2 might resume LBA!

Any word on easyJet new routes?

Refuellerman
7th Nov 2017, 06:11
I think verona is a schools charter, ezy and ei have both had a go at it��

GAZMO
7th Nov 2017, 06:23
Caa stats out for September
Overall very good on Spanish routes, USA routes not looking too good

True Blue
7th Nov 2017, 07:58
Passing through the airport on Sunday afternoon, it was insisted upon that I placed my 10" tablet in the box by itself, new rules she asserted. When did these new rules come in as I have not had that request before and it certainly didn't apply coming through Birmingham last night?

mart901
7th Nov 2017, 10:14
Caa stats out for September
Overall very good on Spanish routes, USA routes not looking too good

Came back from SWF recently on a fully booked flight, outbound I'd say about 80%. The figures aren't great but we must remember the route started only in July, three months in only. I daresay the reduction of a frequency for next summer will help massively, it really is a leisure driven route.

Refuellerman
7th Nov 2017, 13:13
Passing through the airport on Sunday afternoon, it was insisted upon that I placed my 10" tablet in the box by itself, new rules she asserted. When did these new rules come in as I have not had that request before and it certainly didn't apply coming through Birmingham last night?

Place your 10"where? Lol

PPRuNeUser0176
7th Nov 2017, 13:26

Those are not new rules, it's been the norm for tablets/laptops to be placed in a separate tray for a long time.

A320.b744
7th Nov 2017, 14:11
As GAZMO mentioned above, CAA September stats are out. Here are a few points of interest;

Growth of 9.6% over Sept '16 - end of 26 months of double digit growth. Rolling passenger figure is 5,831,624 (+19%)

Only minor growth on domestic routes. Large decrease in a couple of routes though: BHX (-14%), GLA (-28%)

Strong growth on all French routes - BOD (+522%), CDG (+19%), NCE (+33%) - reversal of trend as CDG has been in decline for several years.

Double digit growth on nearly all Spanish and Portuguese routes.

Some good news from Wizz Air;
VNO (+16%) due to the upgrade to the A321.

Ryanair's exclusive Polish routes are doing quite well, but WRO (and KRK) may start to see a boost in pax given KTW has been axed.
GDN (85%), WMI (82%), WRO (76%)

Mixed picture for Ryanair routes started last September;
SXF down 10% on Sept '16 (LF 81%--->73%)
BGY up 9% on Sept '16 (LF 78%--->85%)

US routes performed extremely poorly in September, with more than half of all seats empty on both routes: SWF (49%), PVD (39%)

True Blue
7th Nov 2017, 18:17
I have never been asked to put my tablet in a tray on its own. Yes, not to be covered by other items in the same tray, that I understand, but in a tray on its own? That was not the rule in Birmingham last night nor on many occasions at Bfs either.

owenc
7th Nov 2017, 18:18
I've noticed staff in small airports sometimes make rules of their own.

PPRuNeUser0176
7th Nov 2017, 18:46
I have never been asked to put my tablet in a tray on its own. Yes, not to be covered by other items in the same tray, that I understand, but in a tray on its own? That was not the rule in Birmingham last night nor on many occasions at Bfs either.

I guess the main objective is for item to be clearly viable.

Not that I pay much attention, I have generally been asked to have a separate tray.

Its differently not something new.

A320.b744
7th Nov 2017, 18:54
I've been asked to place all electronics - laptop, phone, tablet - into a separate tray at a range of airports, but then on other occasions at these same airports they're happy enough to mix electronics and non electronics as long as the electronics are at the top. It's not just smaller airports, it's the likes of LHR, MAN, BRU, AMS where you'd think they'd have set rules.

True Blue
7th Nov 2017, 19:08
They have set rules when it suits. As far as I can see, a lot of "policy or rules" are made up on the hoof, an excuse to get out of a situation. The more I see the less confidence I have. I think a lot of what is done is just to be seen to be re-assuring the public. If scanners are that good, why random searches and full body scanners?

Refuellerman
7th Nov 2017, 20:41
I've noticed staff in small airports sometimes make rules of their own.

Belfast isnt a small airport owen

Refuellerman
7th Nov 2017, 20:43
The dept for transport were in yesterday, unless they specified it or something

canberra97
7th Nov 2017, 22:53
Belfast isnt a small airport owen

To be fair to our young friend Owen he only said 'small airports' he may not have been inferring that BFS was a small airport. The point he was probably making was that he had seen it in 'small airports'.

That's how it came across to me anyway:-)

owenc
7th Nov 2017, 23:20
Yes that's right. (Not sure what my age has to do with anything, I hope you aren't invalidating my opinion).

As someone who travels through Gatwick/Stansted on a regular basis BFS is a small regional airport. You need 15 million+ to be a medium size airport.

BFS BHD
8th Nov 2017, 01:52
3 Daily Stansted service from 1st March 2018 with Ryanair!

Almost same times as the Gatwick services. So looks like a 3rd based aircraft for S18!

Showing on the app but not bookable yet.

Great news!

owenc
8th Nov 2017, 04:16
Praise the lord! What i've been looking for, for years.

True Blue
8th Nov 2017, 09:45
It is now bookable, it won't keep an aircraft busy so is there more to come?

SealinkBF
8th Nov 2017, 11:49
Praise the lord! What i've been looking for, for years.

Doesn't easyJet fly that route?

owenc
8th Nov 2017, 12:07
I detest Easyjet.

PPRuNeUser0176
8th Nov 2017, 12:13
Anyone considered they may drop LGW for STN.

KNT544
8th Nov 2017, 12:19
I detest Easyjet.

Because they don't offer you your rightfully deserved business class?
Or because they cancelled your flights from BFS hours before your departure. Oh sorry that was Ryanair.

GAZMO
8th Nov 2017, 12:54
Looking at the FR schedule re STN it looks like there is available time for a 2hr - 2.15 min return flight to get back to BFS before the last flight to STN

Any guesses? BRU, DUS, MAD??

BFS BHD
8th Nov 2017, 13:13
Stansted replaces the Gatwick service.

Ryanair Launches Belfast Summer 2018 Schedule With New Route To Malta | Ryanair's Corporate Website (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/belfasts18/)

Husky One
8th Nov 2017, 13:44
Ryanair are clearly relying on Easyjet not caring about STN as much as they did with LGW. Not so sure that'll be the case and an embarrassing withdrawal no matter what way they dress it up.

BFS BHD
8th Nov 2017, 14:43
With Ryanair stopping Gatwick does that mean the slots will be made available to bid again for Belfast-Gatwick like what happened when Aer Lingus pulled the route?

KNT544
8th Nov 2017, 14:46
Stansted replaces the Gatwick service.
Yay.
So LGW to Victoria = 30 mins.
STN to Victoria = 1:09 - 1:30
You truly do get what you pay for.
Business travelers are going to love that. :ugh:

BHD2BFS
8th Nov 2017, 14:49
To be honest I can't see an airline picking up the slots are quickly as we think they would... however the only 3 real possibilities are
BA
Flybe
Norwegian

All allowing for connections through LGW unlike Ryanair although Norwegian would only be for their own routes

Straightahead
8th Nov 2017, 14:56
So Ryanair withdraw the LGW service for the winter, start selling summer seats to LGW saying it will resume March 2018.Oh sorry we have changed our mind it will be STN instead.So more hassle for people who have booked LGW foe summer 2018.What way is this to do business. Punters well and truely p off.

True Blue
8th Nov 2017, 14:58
I have to agree with the last post, really bad management. Ryanair keep on behaving like this they will end up in trouble, there is always a tipping point.

Una Due Tfc
8th Nov 2017, 15:09
All allowing for connections through LGW unlike Ryanair although Norwegian would only be for their own routes

They're putting together quite a long haul portfolio from LGW in fairness, quite a few Far East destinations in the pipeline.

Plane.Silly
8th Nov 2017, 15:13
Getting the feeling that Ryanair swapping LGW/STN is the end of the world. Still got EZY on the BFS-LGW route so no need to worry too much...

Skipness One Echo
8th Nov 2017, 15:21
They're putting together quite a long haul portfolio from LGW in fairness, quite a few Far East destinations in the pipeline.
SIN loads are reportedly dire, I wouldn't bet the bank on this working out. Huge expansion West followed by big push East, whilst drawing down profitable short haul to bet on higher yielding long haul. That's a LOT of balls not to drop. Norwegian wouldn't pick up UK domestic at the same time as all of that would they?

southside bobby
8th Nov 2017, 15:29
Why is a previous poster obsessing with Victoria?..
I`m sure a business man was once spotted North of the Thames.
I`m led to believe there may be one at least in the Cambridge corridor too.
As to a "tipping point" for RYR...never going to happen is it...They influence markets & loadings with just a tweak of the fares website.

daz211
8th Nov 2017, 15:53
I think you will find Liverpool Street and Canary Walf is more of a business destination and I must back up southside bobby on this one why the talk on the business man getting to Victoria ?

owenc
8th Nov 2017, 16:00
Gatwick is out of the way for London.

Refuellerman
8th Nov 2017, 16:02
Lol ryanair, who would have thought they would change routes if it wasnt going their way, its as well ezy held in or there would be no lgw from bfs, 'a leopard never changes their spots'

owenc
8th Nov 2017, 16:04
Btw I wouldn't be sure another aircraft is being based. The crew could be from Stansted and taking over the Derry route.

PPRuNeUser0176
8th Nov 2017, 16:04
Very un characteristic of Ryanair. Is there more to it or just losing a lot of money and they can compete better at STN where it's cheaper.

owenc
8th Nov 2017, 16:05
Yay.
So LGW to Victoria = 30 mins.
STN to Victoria = 1:09 - 1:30
You truly do get what you pay for.
Business travelers are going to love that. :ugh:
Um? Stansted to Liverpool Street is under 30 minutes and is right into the centre of London, near the Financial district. I don't see what the issue is?

southside bobby
8th Nov 2017, 16:11
EI-EIDW...
That`s a very novel question to pose...= Ryanair losing a lot of money!!...lol.

GAZMO
8th Nov 2017, 16:11
Um? Stansted to Liverpool Street is under 30 minutes and is right into the centre of London, near the Financial district. I don't see what the issue is?

Last time I did Stansted to Liverpool Street it was 45/50 mins

KNT544
8th Nov 2017, 16:15
Most business people I know want to be closer to Victoria. I simply know different people but then, being a businessman I'm sure you knew that.

As for Gatwick being out of the way - best let those people in Heathrow know too.

southside bobby
8th Nov 2017, 16:19
GAZMO...But the premise behind the post remains absolute & as others have now stated there are larger financial institutions...(in fact the largest in Europe)..in Canary Wharf & Liverpool Street North & East London than there are to the South.

Husky One
8th Nov 2017, 16:29
STN has never been seen as a business route. It has always had the poorest yield of the London services even back to The Jersey European days. Plenty of people also use LGW for unofficial connections. There's much less opportunity for that at STN.

southside bobby
8th Nov 2017, 16:37
Possibly timings may be better than the good ole JEA days...Canary Wharf would only just be getting out the ground in those days..
Connections...Well yes no long haul compared to LGW but STN now has more European destinations than any other airport in Europe.

Husky One
8th Nov 2017, 16:52
The JEA times were roughly the same as their LGW rotations. Easy have increased frequency since then but the yield is still way below LGW. It does have a lot of Euro routes but also a bit of an image problem. It's seen as Ryanair's bitch by many which is enough to put many people off including myself. Pity really as it's a good airport.

Skipness One Echo
8th Nov 2017, 17:09
It WAS a really good airport. It has taken a beautiful and iconic terminal design and simply made made it Westfield, Bishops Stortford. Unlike LHR’s new terminals, you cannot avoid the shopping which when you are legging it for a flight is just horrendously long and protracted.

Domestic arrivals now deposits you outside the building into the elements! Stansted has always been handy for the Wharf but business uses LCY for short haul and LHR (LGW less so) for long haul. STN and LTN do not register on the corporate booking radar for commercial flying.

Alteagod
8th Nov 2017, 17:18
I thought that Belfast to Gatwick slots going to FR was all part of the IAG deal in buying EI. Do these not now revert back to either IAG or at least a carrier has to operate them. Anyone still got a copy of the determination statement that set out the t's and c's of the surrender of LGW from EI?

SWBKCB
8th Nov 2017, 17:19
Doubt whether RYR have changed from LGW to STN for a laugh, and I expect they have a better understanding of what their customers want than anybody on this thread... :ok:

mart901
8th Nov 2017, 17:45
I detest Easyjet.

Because of course Ryanair is just so phenomenal. It's all the yellow I'm sure, dazzles the passengers...

AerRyan
8th Nov 2017, 18:23
Btw I wouldn't be sure another aircraft is being based. The crew could be from Stansted and taking over the Derry route.

Very unlikely, it would be highly unusual for it to be completely unbased.

southside bobby
8th Nov 2017, 18:27
Skipness One Echo..
As you well well know pax do self transfer & therefore do not feature on your particular selective radar.
You do have an issue with shops getting in your own particular way in terminals.
Perhaps other less frequent travellers than your good self may regard the shops in a different light?.(You are too young to be so jaundiced).
With your business acumen would you care to reflect on the scale of the rents the retailers are handing over to the airport operator ? which surely points to the fact they may be quite well patronized by many of your fellow travellers.
I`m glad you subtlety state "new" LHR terminals, as my first experience of the issue was T3.
Anyways Westfield (the real one) is a v v successful business enterprise as is STN today as you well know.It pays & has paid many many bills.
Although I could agree & trade you endlessly regarding the original concept & iconic design of the terminal I would rather have 2017 than when it opened to a hushed cathedral atmosphere with 1m pax per year!.

daz211
8th Nov 2017, 18:50
Stansted own in house Westfield shopping centre is very popular with a very large percentage of passengers the restaurants are heaving the shops always have people in them spending money it help having something to do if your flight is delayed.

I personally love the new look Stansted I enjoy the shops bars and restaurants in fact I can’t wait until the new arrivals building is built and even more shops bars and restaurants can be built there is nothing like arriving at the airport nice and early getting through security and chilling I’m not going to apologise I’m one of the millions who’s holiday / trip starts when you leave the house

GAZMO
8th Nov 2017, 18:58
Think we are drifting from BFS thread news to Stansted news items!

owenc
8th Nov 2017, 19:08
What age is Skippness? I thought he was an old man.

southside bobby
8th Nov 2017, 19:08
Great & realistic post daz211..
If Skipness One Echo will be entertained is another matter....(perhaps perhaps!).
It is fairly obvious he too reaps the dividend of the economy of scale that STN provides now 26m pax per annum.

southside bobby
8th Nov 2017, 19:17
GAZMO...
Yes...I think it may have been local posters THERE that were "moany groany" about STN becoming their new Teminus...so us locals HERE are highlighting the benefits of STN & realistically asking too why the negativity?.....

GAZMO
8th Nov 2017, 19:20
Personaly I don’t care which London airport I fly into, LGW if I am going south of the Thames, STN if north of the Thames and LHR if I have connections to make

southside bobby
8th Nov 2017, 19:43
Excellent...most reasoned.

SealinkBF
8th Nov 2017, 21:19

Stansted to Liverpool Street is around 45 minutes on the laughable Stansted Express.

inOban
8th Nov 2017, 21:24
Actually 53 according to the Greater Anglia timetable.

Refuellerman
8th Nov 2017, 21:29
Why did fr move to stn bfs from lgw bfs, was the ezy squeeze too much or are they in the mesay stuff, the lgw flights were rammed ex bfs lgw, somethings up🤔

inOban
8th Nov 2017, 21:43
Maybe for connections?

OneBellEnd
8th Nov 2017, 21:49
So, wonder of wonders. Ryanair are switching BFS - London flts from Gatwick (where they have a network of four other routes, three of them in Ireland) to Stansted where they have network of 150 routes with connecting possibilities all over the place. Those who want to go to Gatwick can still do so on a very good easyJet schedule. The main Belfast - London volume flow will now move over to STN which is very well equipped to handle it, and has a regular train service into London, only marginally longer in journey time than Gatwick - Victoria. And the world will still go round. Problem?

EGAC is Better
8th Nov 2017, 21:54
Given that RYR are a raging capitalist organisation, the first place to point a finger would be at low yield. Planes can be full all day long but at £9.99 each way, if nobody purchases any extra’s they ain’t going to be making any money.

I also don’t believe they had any real intention of staying on the route. STN makes much more sense. In my opinion, the LGW thing was an attempt to piss off easyJet whilst also raising their profile again in NI.

Looks like the ability to book Gatwick has been removed now from the booking engine. It would appear that route is officially dead and the score is easyJet 1-0 Ryanair. It will be interesting to see if Ryanair continue to price dump on STN in order to squeeze easyJet.

BFS BHD
8th Nov 2017, 22:11
BBC Newsline Julian O'neill on twitter said the slots are going back to IAG.

OneBellEnd
8th Nov 2017, 22:18
Yep - that’s what happened when Virgin gave up flying Heathrow - Scotland and handed back remedy slots. But because of the EU rulings on IAG taking over BMI and then EI, IAG can’t use the remedy slots. That’s why flybe picked up LHR slots to Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Also more slots now sloshing around in Gatwick coz all MON slots freed up for re-distribution. Strange as it might seem the only logical airline to take up the Ex Ryanair Belfast Gatwick slots might be Norwegian..

A320.b744
8th Nov 2017, 22:30
From Ryanair's point of view, it makes a lot more sense to operate to STN than LGW given their size of operations at STN, and the move will give BFS a second 'hub' connection (after LGW with U2/DY) given that Ryanair will soon be rolling out single ticket connections via STN in the next year or so.

From the London business traveller's point of view, this is bad news, given that LHR, LGW and LCY are the preferred airports for these travellers. However, if the rumours about IAG regaining the LGW slots are true, we could see the resumption of BHD-LGW which would benefit the business community a lot more than Ryanair's BFS-LGW route.

From the budget/leisure traveller's point of view, Ryanair's move will initially provide more choice, but may well lead to easyJet increasing fares on BFS-LGW, especially if IAG don't resume their LGW flights. And of course, given that easyJet have only a small base at STN, they may scrap their BFS-STN route instead of fighting Ryanair, thus leading to a reduction in seats available between Belfast and London.

Jamie2k9
8th Nov 2017, 22:59
The way I see it is the move was 100% based on costs, yield never got off the ground in terms of BFS/LGW. They can now fly from STN at attract the majority of the same customers at a lower cost and similar fares.

It's still bad PR giving up such a high frequency route to one of your biggest rivals (almost unheard of). There will be a lot of happy people at Luton today, they have taken a hammering on LGW over the last year or two.

SealinkBF
9th Nov 2017, 01:53
I know this is about Belfast, but there's no way Stansted is 'marginally longer' than the Gatwick options. Stansted Express is pathetic. I can't really say it's a loss to Belfast as easyJet have maintained a good BFS LGW timetable. I wonder how they will compete with FR to STN...

owenc
9th Nov 2017, 03:18
I have used a number of services to Gatwick and it varies.

Thameslink to London Bridge: 30 minutes+
Thameslink to Farringdon: 1 hour.
Thameslink to City Thameslink: 1 hour.
Thameslink to St Pancras: 65 minutes.
Southern to London Bridge: 70 minutes.
Gatwick Express: 30 minutes.

So aside from the Gatwick express, most services to Central London are in excess of 50 minutes, which is a longer journey than the Greater Anglia operated Stansted Express.

I don't think the Stansted Express is pathetic, it operates every 15 minutes and only takes 30-40 minutes. The service has wifi and is operated by class 379 trains which are under 7 years old, aside from the Thameslink class 700, the other operators use older trains. If you use Southern, you run the risk of having your service cancelled with their strikes, which btw are ongoing at the moment.

So, I think your issue is outright snobbery.

owenc
9th Nov 2017, 03:30
Actually 53 according to the Greater Anglia timetable.

It could hardly be 53 minutes when the inbound Chelmsford to Liverpool street service is only 40 minutes.

SealinkBF
9th Nov 2017, 03:37
It could hardly be 53 minutes when the inbound Chelmsford to Liverpool street service is only 40 minutes.

That's on the mainline to Norwich. Different strokes. But we're off topic now.

Anyway, no need to argue when the facts are freely available.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4540/38222990346_b7239515ba_c.jpg

SealinkBF
9th Nov 2017, 03:46
I have used a number of services to Gatwick and it varies.

Thameslink to London Bridge: 30 minutes+
Thameslink to Farringdon: 1 hour.
Thameslink to City Thameslink: 1 hour.
Thameslink to St Pancras: 65 minutes.
Southern to London Bridge: 70 minutes.
Gatwick Express: 30 minutes.

So aside from the Gatwick express, most services to Central London are in excess of 50 minutes, which is a longer journey than the Greater Anglia operated Stansted Express.

I don't think the Stansted Express is pathetic, it operates every 15 minutes and only takes 30-40 minutes. The service has wifi and is operated by class 379 trains which are under 7 years old, aside from the Thameslink class 700, the other operators use older trains. If you use Southern, you run the risk of having your service cancelled with their strikes, which btw are ongoing at the moment.

So, I think your issue is outright snobbery.

There is no Liverpool Street to Stansted journey possible in 30 minutes. If I am being accused of snobbery, what are you trying to prove with fake stats?
And I do think Stansted Airport is an awful airport. I am not a huge fan of any airport (well, apart from Inverness and London City maybe) but I actively avoid any flight that uses Stansted. It's just hassle from start to finish.

I use Gatwick regularly, you've taken the slow stopping trains as a measure of overall journey times. :ugh:

Gatwick to London Bridge is 32 minutes, every 30 minutes.
Gatwick to London Victoria is 31 minutes on Southern and 33 minutes on Gatwick Express.

Gatwick Express should actually be replaced with more Southern trains, as it's a waste capacity.

This is seriously off topic now.

Pizzacake
9th Nov 2017, 06:52
They have set rules when it suits. As far as I can see, a lot of "policy or rules" are made up on the hoof, an excuse to get out of a situation. The more I see the less confidence I have. I think a lot of what is done is just to be seen to be re-assuring the public. If scanners are that good, why random searches and full body scanners?

It’s multi layered security. If you only have one method of detection someone might get something through, nothing is perfect. But by adding further elements, even if only random, that considerably hardens security.

EK77WNCL
9th Nov 2017, 07:54
Ah... What it must be like having the choice between 3 different London airports on 2 different LCC's. Not to mention the other 2 (completely different) London airports available down the road on 3 other carriers...

5 airlines to 5 London area airports and there is still room to complain about a relatively minor reshuffle. There's still a LGW service and there is no/negligible net loss. This without mentioning the fact that, in all likelihood, EZY/FR will both come out of this stronger by offering flights to their respective hubs, both of which will soon have connection opportunities.

Congratulations Belfast, this is one of the very few examples EVER of the market actually being in favour of the consumer. Normally in aviation, you would have expected to see FR dumping seats into LGW and EZY dumping seats into STN until one or both gave in and BFS was left worse off than it was before.

Sincerely, a begrudged geordie suffering at the hands of the BA monopoly, refusing to pay £350 to fly to London

cuthere
9th Nov 2017, 08:50
Sincerely, a begrudged geordie suffering at the hands of the BA monopoly, refusing to pay £350 to fly to London

Get the train. Takes less than three hours (or in Owen’s world, around 35 minutes) if you time it right and a single a week today costs £44. I know as I’ve just booked one. Saves the hassle of the Metro to the airport and then having to go through/get from Heathrow.

As for BFS-STN. Is anyone actually surprised by this turn of events?

NorthEasterner
9th Nov 2017, 09:41

Flown NCL-LHR on £80-90 return fares on BA. Flight time 40 to 50 mins or so - taking into account holding above London.

GAZMO
9th Nov 2017, 11:21
Any suggestions / ideas what the FR aircraft will be doing from arriving at 14.15 from STN, until the 20.10 departure to STN?

Brakefan2
9th Nov 2017, 11:36
Being new to this thread please excuse my naivety. With the announcement today that FR are switching from LGW to STN ex BFS and the slots now floating about for LGW in IAG workshops,is there any possibility of IAG reinstating BHD/LGW using either BA or EI?
Or maybe them being sold to Norwegian?
I use the BFS/LGW route for business and it has always been rammed. Living in the east of NI when EI pulled out of BHD /LGW it is a pain routing out of BFS. EI's rotations were always well used.
Love to hear others views on this one.

Plane.Silly
9th Nov 2017, 11:44
Could be used as a stand-by aircraft. Or they could add another short sector in between at last minute

LGWAlan
9th Nov 2017, 12:44
Owen - we all realise you have an absolute loathing for Easyjet and Gatwick. We get it. But please get your facts right! Thameslink from Blackfriars (owing to the long term upgrade if London Bridge!) is now as quick as 45 mins. Gatwick Express is 30 mins (I'll give you that one). Southern to London Bridge - fastest trains do it in 51 minutes. Southern to Victoria - fastest trains do it in 35 minutes (and at half the price of the Gatwick Express to boot). Take it from the 10's of thousands of people who commute it daily as well as one off trips. We can all make statistics do what we want on forums such as these. Check the timetables if you want further clarification - and yes those are the currect timetables allowing for leaf fall and the redevelopment of London Bridge which has thrown all the times out.

airbourne
9th Nov 2017, 12:53
Does anyone remember when PPrune used to be about flying? :mad:

SealinkBF
9th Nov 2017, 14:06
Thameslink to London Bridge is around 30 minutes.
And of course, all options into London accept contactless payment, a time saver.

But back to flying...

I'm intrigued by what Ryanair will that Stansted aircraft after it arrives at 1415.
And how do people notice this stuff! I need to concentrate more...!

Husky One
9th Nov 2017, 15:27
It's hardly fair to say that Easyjet took a hammering on LGW. Ryanair picked a fight, muscled in and lost. Easy's yield management was arguably better. They didn't seat dump either.

Jamie2k9
9th Nov 2017, 15:36
They did, part of the move is they dropped LGW for winter and therefore most likely broke the slot conditions and couldn't just restart in March again. It was a costly exercise for both operators on the route.

EGAC is Better
9th Nov 2017, 16:18
Suggest you re-read Husky One’s post. easyJet did nothing you say they did.

Ryanair on the other hand price dumped, failed to grab a market share and retreated to Stansted.

Jamie2k9
9th Nov 2017, 16:41
Whatever way you try and dress it up, they lost a lot as well. The route may not of been loss making however it suffered. Just look how expensive it's got now.

The minute Ryanair pulled LGW they could never of gone back on it. Now the question is was it a tactful pullout or just necessary in light of the problems.

EK77WNCL
9th Nov 2017, 18:19
cuthere, unfortunately since I'm booking such short notice I have no choice but to drive down next week. Cheaper than flying and cheaper and more convenient than getting the train and trekking across London. Frustratingly I actually need to be at Heathrow! So flying really is the most convenient way! Alas... I enjoy driving, so it's not all bad!

inOban
9th Nov 2017, 19:57
At the official Treasury-permitted mileage rate of 45p/mile, to cover not just fuel but all mileage-related costs (tyres, servicing, and general wear and tear), your 500 mile round trip would give you over £200 in expenses. No chance of a train ticket for less? And if course National Express probably have direct services to LHR....

mart901
9th Nov 2017, 20:51
I have to say for cheapness overall LTN comes up trumps. If we are talking convenience then all this STN V LGW talk goes over my head, BE BHD-LCY can't be beaten, using up avios it costs me £35 return and a few quid on the DLR, landing where I can see the city.

EGAC is Better
9th Nov 2017, 21:35
Whatever way you try and dress it up, they lost a lot as well. The route may not of been loss making however it suffered. Just look how expensive it's got now.

The minute Ryanair pulled LGW they could never of gone back on it. Now the question is was it a tactful pullout or just necessary in light of the problems.

Without financial figures, I won’t prejudge who lost what, where or when. I don’t think anyone can do that but maybe you are privy to information I’m not. I’m also not dressing up anything, I’m taking things on face value based on how this has played out.

I assume the reason fares are high now is because easyJet are yield managing in the face of expected competition which is now gone. We all know airlines plan months in advance so this winters scheduling and fare decisions will have been made when competition from Ryanair was expected.

Also, some of the early weekday Gatwicks are now on A319’s instead of the A320, that’s 30 less seats on what would primarily be a business orientated flight. Of course prices are therefore going to be higher now overal capacity has reduced.

Ryanair stimulated a cheap, evidently, unsustainable market. I’m sure this was predicted on here and called out by others quite a while back. It looks like they are doing the same at STN, lead in fares were at 9.99 when I looked last night.

True Blue
9th Nov 2017, 21:40
Ezy do not offer the best of schedules, especially at weekends. I flew Fr a number of times early Saturday/Sunday morning, flights were full. There is a market that Ezy do not serve. I use Lgw for connections, that will not be as easy now with just Ezy, longer waits or go over the night before. I also found Lgw to London the most suitable in terms of cost and length of journey, by picking the right trains.

BCALBOY
10th Nov 2017, 00:30
I have to say for cheapness overall LTN comes up trumps. If we are talking convenience then all this STN V LGW talk goes over my head, BE BHD-LCY can't be beaten, using up avios it costs me £35 return and a few quid on the DLR, landing where I can see the city.

The special £35 tax/charges on avios short haul trips doesn't apply on BE services.Normal taxes charges apply ,so a rountrip on BHD/LCY is currently 9000 avios plus £ 89.94 cash. You can get an easyjet flight for that sort of cash and save yr avios.

mart901
10th Nov 2017, 05:46
Interesting that FR have surrendered their slots at LGW.

GAZMO
10th Nov 2017, 14:44
Incident at BFS

Belfast Flybe flight lands without nose gear - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41944752)

West Brit
10th Nov 2017, 20:17
Hopefully the main runway will be open for the morning, with departures to the Canaries and later on to New York. The closure has been causing delays all day!

virginblue
10th Nov 2017, 20:27
Probably something the airport CEO watched with gritted teeth: The aircraft of an airline doing business exclusively with your biggest competitor up the road comes in only to block your runway. The rules of the game if you have the best suited runway, but nevertheless slightly annoying...

SecondDog
10th Nov 2017, 20:50
Not really gritted teeth, more likely repeated key presses on a calculator..

Refuellerman
10th Nov 2017, 22:20
Incident at BFS

Belfast Flybe flight lands without nose gear - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41944752)

Without nose gear should be with nose gear retracted

ECR
10th Nov 2017, 23:35
Being new to this thread please excuse my naivety. With the announcement today that FR are switching from LGW to STN ex BFS and the slots now floating about for LGW in IAG workshops,is there any possibility of IAG reinstating BHD/LGW using either BA or EI?
Or maybe them being sold to Norwegian?
I use the BFS/LGW route for business and it has always been rammed. Living in the east of NI when EI pulled out of BHD /LGW it is a pain routing out of BFS. EI's rotations were always well used.
Love to hear others views on this one.

I would really love to see BA operate the Belfast/Gatwick route. I think they could pick up a lot of business traffic and wouldn't need to compete directly with Easyjet on price. I think the route would work much better for BA than EI as BA has a hub at Gatwick which could drive sales for connecting BA flights and it is a better known brand than EI worldwide. Also BA being part of the oneworld alliance (which sadly EI don't look to be joining anytime soon) would be able to bring in traffic from the alliance.

If EI were to bring back the route I think they would be competing more directly with Easyjet, albeit there would no doubt be some codeshare traffic from BA.

Sadly though I don't think there is any chance that IAG will use the slots for Belfast if they get them back, they will use them elsewhere, most probably for LEVEL.

The best chance of getting competition on Belfast/Gatwick is if Flybe decide they want to grab the remedy slots like they have done at Heathrow on the Scottish routes. They used to fly Belfast/Gatwick and only ended it as far as I recall as they needed to raise some cash and got a big offer from Easyjet for their Gatwick slots.

airtrumpone
11th Nov 2017, 02:01
ECR

This is assuming Flybe are still flying after their continuing poor financial performance,

EK77WNCL
11th Nov 2017, 04:16
inOban, if only I could claim on expenses!

If there are FR slots at LGW, is it really worth adding even more flights on London-Belfast? There's no net loss in seats to London, only to Gatwick, which itself is already covered by EZY. I know it's an important city pairing, but surely there comes a point where the market is just going to become too diluted. Obviously fares would drop if BA or Norwegian or whoever were to use FR's LGW-BFS slots, but yield would be trashed for everyone involved

Cozy F
11th Nov 2017, 07:07
As another poster said before, don’t actually think that IAG - BA or An other - can use these slots to fly Belfast Gatwick, as the slots were taken away from EI at BHD in the first place to enable the EC conditions on IAG’s takeover of EI to be cleared, and that condition remains in place. But I stand to be corrected on that if someone knows different?

Realistically Belfast to London is well served - one logical carrier flying to Heathrow (IAG), the biggest airline at LGW flying there (EZY), the same to LTN (EZY). The biggest airline at STN now flying there (FR). You could argue the only two oddballs are flybe LCY (rather than say BACF) but flybe are a much bigger presence in Belfast than BA, so sensible enough. And EZY to STN, but EZY have been flying this route going back to ‘Go’ days and they are the biggest brand in NI, so don’t see them giving any quarter on BFS-STN just because FR have finally made an appearance on that route.

Anyhow, I don’t think anybody should be getting too fretful. The London market is well covered as it is.

Belboy
11th Nov 2017, 08:06
You'd think flybe management would have thanked BIA and the team of people who looked after their passengers and crew so well, a little bit more. Also, isn't the aircraft that had the 'rough landing' landing yesterday the same one that had the engine fire and diverted to BFS some time ago.

mart901
11th Nov 2017, 13:12
inOban, if only I could claim on expenses!

If there are FR slots at LGW, is it really worth adding even more flights on London-Belfast? There's no net loss in seats to London, only to Gatwick, which itself is already covered by EZY. I know it's an important city pairing, but surely there comes a point where the market is just going to become too diluted. Obviously fares would drop if BA or Norwegian or whoever were to use FR's LGW-BFS slots, but yield would be trashed for everyone involved

The slots have been given back to IAG. One of the MEP's for NI has raised this with the EU, arguing that the route is essential for NI and needs to be protected. This and the issue may be why to my knowledge anyway the slots have yet to be re-allocated.

irishlad06
11th Nov 2017, 16:33
You'd think flybe management would have thanked BIA and the team of people who looked after their passengers and crew so well, a little bit more. Also, isn't the aircraft that had the 'rough landing' landing yesterday the same one that had the engine fire and diverted to BFS some time ago.

Nope - the aircraft that had the engine fire was GFLBC.
In terms of thanks - what do you expect flybe to do? The airport and everyone sprung into action and did their job - exactly what they are paid for. Surely yes a thank you goes a long way but what more do you want than a thank you? I know the crew have all thanked everyone and I know there is a repatriation/rescue team there who have all thanked the emergency workers and management for their sterling efforts.

GayFriendly
11th Nov 2017, 21:46
Without going into too much detail, I operated the 'rescue' flight last night taking the passengers from the original flight to INV and they had nothing but good things to say about both Flybe and both airports in terms of how things and they were handled during what was clearly for some a very traumatic day. As somebody has said, it looks like everyone just did their job just as I would have done had I been part of the crew on the original flight. The Flybe crisis/incident team were on hand all day to support those pax who needed it and I'm sure would have been greatly appreciative of all help received from the airport.

I wouldn't expect thanks from passengers for getting them off a stricken aircraft just as I'm fairly certain BFS staff/airport don't expect thanks for dealing with an emergency situation for which we are all trained for and when the time comes are paid to deal with.

Refuellerman
12th Nov 2017, 16:57
Its nice to have manners but

Alteagod
12th Nov 2017, 18:19
Praise to all involved no matter what there role. A textbook response.

BFS BHD
12th Nov 2017, 20:26
Is TUI still leasing a Sunwing Aircraft for the Summer Schedules from BFS?

Refuellerman
13th Nov 2017, 03:13
If they do i hope the pilots get the aircraft off the end of the runway this time without taking out a light

BFS BHD
15th Nov 2017, 21:18
Any idea if Ryanair will be releasing flights to Faro for S18?
In their press release for S18 schedules they say there is 14 routes to fly in S18. But only 13 routes are on sale at the minute.

GAZMO
16th Nov 2017, 10:44
Interesting one off flight tomorrow. Pity it was not more regular!

BRIDGETOWN TOM 138

BFS BHD - I suspect FR will be putting on FAO soon. Guessing at 3 per week and will use the spare slot (Berlin) on Tuesday to go to FAO

BFS Dude
17th Nov 2017, 00:38
Has anyone heard about a new airline starting from BFS?

West Brit
17th Nov 2017, 08:08
Dreamliner on approach

emma1
17th Nov 2017, 08:12
will we cope , no place to park such a big aircraft , is this big airport

GAZMO
17th Nov 2017, 11:48
I think dreamliner has been in before. From memory the Azeribjan Football team flew in on one

tigger2k8
17th Nov 2017, 21:12

16A (Inbound if outside of UK would require buses to immigration)
25A

Correct Gazmo, Parked on 22 before, went tech and departed the next day.

Refuellerman
17th Nov 2017, 21:43
Can remember st 21 mytravel a320, st 22 ei md11, st 24 air 2000 a320, st 25a air 2000 b767 and 27a was my travel a330, plenty of room boys!

canberra97
18th Nov 2017, 08:49

What type of question is that?

Is it a serious question as it sounds rather childish!

The airport regularly has Boeing 744's from Virgin Atlantic and has seen TUI 767's as well as their 787's so it's not as if BFS can't handle wide bodies.

In the past the airport has handed many large jets including Air Force One, RAF Tristars and many charter airlines, the list is a long one I can assure you.

BFS BHD
18th Nov 2017, 10:43
There is plenty of room! Globel Trek Aviaton has handle all the US Air Force heavies including C17s & C5s!

canberra97
18th Nov 2017, 11:33
Yes including wide bodies from the past from such airlines as,

Aer Lingus 747,330
Air Canada L1011/747
Air Transat L1011
Air Trans America L1011
Britannia 767
British Airways 767
CP Air DC10
Wardair DC10
Worldways Canada L1011

Am sure there are others that I have missed and many diversions of course.

BFS BHD
18th Nov 2017, 12:23
And during the G8 in NI there was plenty of heavies on the ground!

Wycombe
18th Nov 2017, 13:35
British Airways 767

....and L1011's on the Christmas Shuttle's going back a few years.

emma1
19th Nov 2017, 08:50
stop living in the past..chaps

NWSRG
19th Nov 2017, 09:05
We can only hope...we know there's a market to both the USA and Canada, and we should be able to sustain something towards the east as well. Not to mention Europe.

So...

NEO / MAX to the US Eastern seaboard (JFK / BOS?)
NEO / MAX to Toronto
787 / A350 to MCO with VS (Easter - Halloween?)
787 to DUB (that's Dubai, not Dublin ;) ) for everything east of the arabian peninsula
MOM / 797? Bound to make routes profitable that wouldn't otherwise be (ATL / LAX / DUB (instead of 787)?
MOM / 787 / A330NEO / A330 - any of the usual WB charters

All possible. But only time will tell...

NWSRG
19th Nov 2017, 09:20
Yes including wide bodies from the past from such airlines as,

Aer Lingus 747,330

Am sure there are others that I have missed and many diversions of course.

Loved seeing the EI MD11 coming in!

Husky One
19th Nov 2017, 11:20
Pretty sure the VS summer op is a 747 again.

canberra97
19th Nov 2017, 12:38
stop living in the past..chaps

Well you started it with your ridiculous and childish question!

emma1
19th Nov 2017, 14:08
you are very good at whinging

Refuellerman
19th Nov 2017, 14:36
Bfs can take anything, just the infrastructure around it lol, railway line right beside it ffs!

emma1
19th Nov 2017, 14:42
when are the middle east carriers coming ? eh no , what about shamrock a330 , ? grow up canberra

Alteagod
19th Nov 2017, 14:54
N272WA a bitch to trim. Everyone in Bay A for the BFS-SNN leg lol.

canberra97
19th Nov 2017, 15:14
when are the middle east carriers coming ? eh no , what about shamrock a330 , ? grow up canberra

Your getting carried away with yourself now aren't you.

You know why this discussion has taken place by your ridiculous comment regarding if BFS can accommodate large aircraft.

By not replying by saying something like 'sorry chaps I didn't realise that BS could take such large aircraft' your now suggesting that I should grow up!

I know who needs to grow up, if you care to look back at your original question and how it was written you may think again.

emma1
19th Nov 2017, 15:24
NO I DONT THINK SO

canberra97
19th Nov 2017, 15:28
The response you got from your original question from myself and others and you actually think 'NO I DONT THINK SO'!

emma1
19th Nov 2017, 15:30
Stick to posting on the stansted forum

canberra97
19th Nov 2017, 15:33
I post on all forums when the topic is relevant as in this case, why point out the Stansted forum!

Refuellerman
19th Nov 2017, 15:34
Big aircraft were actually very common at bfs not that long ago, daily md-11 to jfk weekends would regularly see b767 cruise charters to europe or east coast us, 2x a300 turkish charters mondays, a330 cyprus charters, the list goes on, some people dont know the airports history on wb and other aircraft to be shouting their mouths off😏

canberra97
19th Nov 2017, 15:49
Exactly Refuelerman!

SecondDog
19th Nov 2017, 21:05
I can't believe you guys are arguing with such an obvious Troll.

BFS can handle anything short of a 225 or 380.

124 upcoming also.

Refuellerman
20th Nov 2017, 16:24
124 expected any time soon?

SecondDog
20th Nov 2017, 17:01
Was to be tomorrow. Canx now though.

Refuellerman
20th Nov 2017, 18:50
Cheers dawg

BFS BHD
21st Nov 2017, 10:23
Jet2 has put Dalaman on sale from 26th June 2018. Once weekly on a Tuesday. Departing 16:20/arriving 02:45. On the B738.

GAZMO
21st Nov 2017, 10:48
Great news from Jet2
I think this was the last available gap in the summer timetable......... No Wednesday appears only to be using 3 aircraft

Severn
21st Nov 2017, 11:02
EXS New Route
On Tuesdays, it looks like the morning flight to ALC has switched to a midday departure as it is now operated by an ALC based B738.
The afternoon departure to REU has then moved into the morning gap left by the ALC, allowing for this new DLM flight on Tuesday afternoons.
All the schedule for the rest of the week remains the same.

True Blue
21st Nov 2017, 15:24
So we now have 2 operators to both Antalya and Dalaman. No service to Bodrum were one could have a clean run with no competition. What is with airlines that they have to compete and yet ignore routes with no other competition?

Refuellerman
21st Nov 2017, 15:36
So that they can bang the price up to suit themselves, if it was a 1 horse race there would be no competition therefore small prices but 2 or more competitive airlines can actually up the price, just watch and see

AIRPORT66
21st Nov 2017, 18:30
Will we see Easyjet announce new service to Bodrum next month,wonder what new flights they are going to announce.

toledoashley
21st Nov 2017, 20:00
I believe tomorrow is just an extension of the current and new routes will be announced next month.

Plane.Silly
22nd Nov 2017, 06:40
So we now have 2 operators to both Antalya and Dalaman. No service to Bodrum were one could have a clean run with no competition. What is with airlines that they have to compete and yet ignore routes with no other competition?

Out of the 3 destinations, BJV would be the smallest (vs DLM/AYT), both for airport size and accomodation. Jet2 are probably testing the water with DLM first, then could look to add BJV is things look good

GAZMO
22nd Nov 2017, 17:21
Forecasting 5.7 million passengers for the year!

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/belfast-international-airport-passenger-numbers-to-reach-record-57-million-36343433.html

DC9_10
22nd Nov 2017, 18:22
I wonder if they will be congratulated by Mr Ambrose and Ms Best and the rest of the management team from Belfast's favourite airport. Ahem.

cuthere
22nd Nov 2017, 18:47
Very impressive figures indeed. How will FR taking winter off on the LON route impact numbers? Is there likely to be enough organic growth on other routes to make up for this?

It’s a shame to see FR (apparently) mess around another NI airport. That’s a full house now! Also, as one who used to do LDY-STN a lot in the past with FR (and now occasionally with BMIR), getting into central London from LGW has always, in my experience, been much easier.

A320.b744
22nd Nov 2017, 19:05
The rolling passenger figure for Oct 16 - Sept 17 is 5,831,624. The loss of Ryanair on BFS-LGW equates to 119,070 fewer seats than last year, but the introduction of MLA as well as an increase in capacity on existing routes from several airlines means that the airport will exceed 5.7 million passengers, and may even pass 5.8 million.

cuthere
22nd Nov 2017, 19:08
Cheers for that A320. :ok:

NWSRG
22nd Nov 2017, 22:18
Forecasting 5.7 million passengers for the year!

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/belfast-international-airport-passenger-numbers-to-reach-record-57-million-36343433.html

From memory, 6M/year was believed to be a 'critical mass', where the big airlines would begin to show interest. Not sure if that still holds, but we can but hope...

West Brit
24th Nov 2017, 12:09
Tea time departure DK1418 Las Palmas 17.00. This seems to be a TCX danish subsidiary. Is this a one off?

AIRPORT66
24th Nov 2017, 13:27
Its a flight that operates from Stockholm to LasPalmas stops in Belfast for refuelling,it has done this for the past few years during the winter.

West Brit
26th Nov 2017, 11:04
So 2 DK A321s bound for the Canaries from far north Scandanavian cities, refuelling at BFS. The above one on Friday and one on Saturday evening. Are there any other regulars? Do they need a refuel on the return journey as these cities are maybe 2 hours north of Belfast?

Refuellerman
26th Nov 2017, 13:34
Not if they have a good tailwind on the way back

GAZMO
27th Nov 2017, 09:45
BFS to GIB?

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/3.0.15/news/on-euro-weekly-news/gibraltar-news/146556-charter-flights-from-uk-airports-to-gibraltar-trialled-next-july

Alteagod
27th Nov 2017, 20:38
Its actually a jolly interesting place to visit so why not give it a go. Might be a bit of a wee sleeper of a route

True Blue
29th Nov 2017, 10:44
Just back from a return trip to London using Stansted. Have to say, Fr coming off Lgw is a big loss. I used Stansted as the fares to Lgw on Ezy were too high. Used the so-called Stansted Express, £44.00 return for 2. I have got into London from Lgw for £5.60 single. The "express" was caught behind a slow train on both journeys so at times went at a crawl. Only in the UK would we be proud on having a slow train, I have been in trains twice now that were advertised as slow trains. The journey to/from Stansted is slower than Lgw and is more un-predictable in the sense you can easily be delayed by these slow trains, it has happened to me on that route several times. So Lgw is by far the most convenient route into London, but fares are higher now and the Ezy times are not as good as Fr. Big loss in my opinion.

owenc
29th Nov 2017, 11:03
Northern Ireland is not part of the National Rail network, so i'm not sure how you can be proud of a slow train in England.

The Stansted Express service costs £26 for an Off Peak return travelcard. As I have a 16-25 railcard I can get that for £17 or £13 for the Return journey.

So, if you live in GB that journey will not cost you that much. I mean £13 return is cheap as you will get.

West Brit
29th Nov 2017, 11:23
Owen I think True Blue was talking from a UK wide perspective! Also not everyone is under 25 and travels off-peak!

owenc
29th Nov 2017, 11:33
There is no UK wide perspective, Northern Ireland rail travel is completely different to Great Britain. Not Privatised, only one operator, very small network, not widely used, not electrified.

West Brit
29th Nov 2017, 11:39
Sorry, but TB was in the UK travelling on a train in the UK......

GAZMO
29th Nov 2017, 18:38
Interesting arrival tomorrow IVALO S7 aircraft. Assume only for refuelling?

El Bunto
29th Nov 2017, 18:50
Small Planet A320 kicking-off the Lapland trips for the month

BFS BHD
30th Nov 2017, 00:47
How many trips is there to Lapland this year?

BFS BHD
30th Nov 2017, 12:43
Replaces Bulgaria Air E190 from last year.

https://nitravelnews.com/news/travel-solutions-unveil-luxair-for-summer-2018%e2%80%a8/

GAZMO
30th Nov 2017, 17:07
Have flown with them before and have been very impressed with the standard of service.

Is this a larger number of seats per flight than operated summer 17?

Refuellerman
30th Nov 2017, 18:13
The aircraft was only a embraer 95 if my memory is good so extra 100 or so seats?

DUBSHNORK20
30th Nov 2017, 18:16
108 on the E195, 186 on the 738 so an increase of 53% per flight

El Bunto
30th Nov 2017, 18:17
How many trips is there to Lapland this year?

Don't have the exact numbers but about eight in all I think, about half-and-half day-trip versus multinight.

Also Small Planet sent us an A321 tonight which is nice of them.

BFS BHD
30th Nov 2017, 18:37
Cheers El Bunto

Refuellerman
1st Dec 2017, 19:04
Dreamliner in tomorrow morning but early start 0450, G-TUIA

emma1
1st Dec 2017, 20:27
deckchairs at the ready canberra man !:mad:

canberra97
1st Dec 2017, 20:41
Oh I see that the TROLL is back!

emma1
2nd Dec 2017, 07:31
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional ... ok that could be me.

So when Easyjet announce new routes on the 12th , what will they be?

Venice ?

Macadonia ?

IOM ?

West Brit
2nd Dec 2017, 08:13
Extra Gatwick and or Manchester/Birmingham rotations!

emma1
2nd Dec 2017, 08:15
You are correct , as Ezy are getting a 6th aircraft , so 3 319s and 3 320 .

On the 12th the NEO is arriving with a fanfare and new European routes also .

Husky One
2nd Dec 2017, 09:51
The BFS plan is 2x 320 and 4x 319. Never been talk of of 3 320's. the NEO is only coming in for a day as a PR exercise to show it off. BFS is well down the pecking order for a based NEO.

emma1
2nd Dec 2017, 09:57
sorry , you are correct husky one , neo is for one day.

BFS BHD
2nd Dec 2017, 10:42
4x A319 & 1x A320 for W17/18

3x A319 & 3x A320 for S18
Been confirmed in news reports and also on seat maps!

Sunday 24th June 2018 for example needs three A319s and three A320s.

EZY6755 Malaga 0600 (A319)
EZY6701 Alicante 0610 (A320)
EZY6793 Faro 0625 (A319)
EZY6783 Krakow (A319)
EZY6707 Dubrovnik 0705 (A320)
EZY6671 Barcelona 0750 (A320)

True Blue
2nd Dec 2017, 12:42
I flew on a Pegasus 320NEO about 6 weeks ago from Istanbul down to Bodrum. Nice machine. Does start up like a "big" jet and noticeably quieter in flight.

canberra97
2nd Dec 2017, 14:56
I see that user Emma1 has reported me to the mods all because of her widebodie comments and me calling her a Troll, I just thought I would share that with my fellow posters!

owenc
5th Dec 2017, 09:19
Anyone know why my flight yesterday from Belfast had a Scottish captain and a cabin mixed with Scottish and Northern Irish flight attendants? This happens occasionally.

KNT544
5th Dec 2017, 09:35
Heaven forbid! How dare this happen. Is it not permitted to live or work in a different country now?

Skipness One Echo
5th Dec 2017, 09:54
Anyone know why my flight yesterday from Belfast had a Scottish captain and a cabin mixed with Scottish and Northern Irish flight attendants? This happens occasionally.
Norn'Iron in a nutshell, right there.
I seem to remember Glasgow and Belfast having some form of close relationship for reasons best not mentioned here.

El Bunto
5th Dec 2017, 16:12
the NEO is only coming in for a day as a PR exercise to show it off. BFS is well down the pecking order for a based NEO.

Down the pecking order for based, but Belfast has been receiving Easy NEOs from Luton since mid-June. Seems a bit late to be PRing it up.

owenc
5th Dec 2017, 16:34
Heaven forbid! How dare this happen. Is it not permitted to live or work in a different country now?

Um, a bit of a melodramatic reaction. I was just wondering if the crews had a mixed and why this would happen when Belfast has its own base?

Refuellerman
5th Dec 2017, 16:48
Maybe the pilot moved over here to live, ever heard of ulster-scots or irish Scottish celts.

owenc
5th Dec 2017, 16:52
Wtf? Seriously.

West Brit
5th Dec 2017, 18:42
Maybe Graham Keddie doubles up if there is a pilot becomes ill!

easyflyer83
5th Dec 2017, 19:02
It all depends on where the crew choose to base themselves. MAN base had a number of Northern Irish crew a few years ago, for instance. That base also has a number of Scottish and numerous ‘scouse’ (despite having a LPL base) crew and I guess all it takes is for the stars to align and you have a crew that you mistake for being based elsewhere.

Occasionally you will also get flights that, for whatever reason, are crewed by crew from two or more different bases.

owenc
5th Dec 2017, 19:36
Why would that happen?

Refuellerman
5th Dec 2017, 20:09
The bfs agp weekdays is operated by a luton crew, dunno y this is important, who gives a toss

easyflyer83
5th Dec 2017, 20:12
Crew shortage/tech issues/sickness mid duty.

Refuellerman, in fairness, a lot of pax are interested in that kind of thing.

Refuellerman
5th Dec 2017, 20:17
Yes i understand big man

KNT544
5th Dec 2017, 20:45
Wtf? Seriously.

Well yes, seriously. I know of at least a couple of Scottish pilots living in NI and working from BFS. Is that so hard for your brain to take in?

SecondDog
5th Dec 2017, 21:26
With all due respect, does anyone have anything interesting. Like what routes will come with Easy 6 or who will be flying the Gibraltar route linked to above?

owenc
5th Dec 2017, 22:23
Sorry SecondDog, I rained on your pompous parade of expertise.

owenc
5th Dec 2017, 22:24
Well yes, seriously. I know of at least a couple of Scottish pilots living in NI and working from BFS. Is that so hard for your brain to take in?

Yes, i've suffered Brain Damage at your will.

AerRyan
5th Dec 2017, 22:25
Plenty of crew get put where they're needed, not where they want to go.

owenc
5th Dec 2017, 22:34
Yes, AerRyan, sounds like they were either positioned or changed bases.

easyflyer83
6th Dec 2017, 01:04
EasyJet aren’t like Ryanair.... crew apply for their chosen base. They don’t get told where they are going by easyJet.

But if you mean operationally, if they are required elsewhere they can be sent wherever. So if you are LGW based, you could be sent to work out of BCN for several days but as they are LGW based, it is a ‘trip’ and is treated like any other layover.

SecondDog
6th Dec 2017, 09:46
Sorry SecondDog, I rained on your pompous parade of expertise.

Child, if you have a crewing question about one of the airlines there are threads for such. This being the BIA thread for talking about the airport, I wish to see what is relevant. The logistical question you ask was pointless anyway as some common sense would tell you that crews might be mixed in a pan european operation subject to both freedom of movement of workers and to various needs to fill gaps where crew shortages arise.

I would have expected more common sense from such a seasoned traveller as yourself (with your yp railcard and all)

panpanpanpan
6th Dec 2017, 15:57
SecondDog - be gentle with the younger ones on the forum. We don't want to offend any little millennium snowflake types!:=

Straightahead
7th Dec 2017, 02:00
Another new route from Jet2 for summer 2018 Phapos weekly on a Wednesday from start of May

GAZMO
7th Dec 2017, 06:17
Was this not announced back in April!!

BFS BHD
7th Dec 2017, 07:06
Yes it was GAZMO.

Rumour on the Jet2 and Newcastle thread that there is two more routes to be announced from each of their bases for S18.

mart901
7th Dec 2017, 22:29
The special £35 tax/charges on avios short haul trips doesn't apply on BE services.Normal taxes charges apply ,so a rountrip on BHD/LCY is currently 9000 avios plus £ 89.94 cash. You can get an easyjet flight for that sort of cash and save yr avios.

Think that's when you book on avios website? Booking through BE it lets you take off up to £45. Cheapest returns are £79 ish so that equates to the £35 fare.

GAZMO
8th Dec 2017, 16:36
Caa stats out for October

Overall 5.87 million for last 12 months

International highlights percentage increase
CDG +18
FAO +18
ALC +19
BCN +37
AGP +18
PMI +76
REU +532
FUE +24
TFS +82
KRK +11
Domestic highlights percentage increase
BRS +7
LGW +6
JER +7
LTN +12
STN +2
NCL +7

GLA...................-26!

Refuellerman
8th Dec 2017, 18:49
Dont want to sound silly but jersey is an international destination

GAZMO
8th Dec 2017, 18:51
Jersey JER appears under the domestic figures under CAA figures so I included it as domestic

Refuellerman
8th Dec 2017, 18:59
Ok cant really argue with the caa, sorry gazmo

FourTrails
8th Dec 2017, 19:27
easyflyer83 & Fuellerman, re the Malaga crews.. The Belfast crew operate BFS-LTN-AGP-BFS while the Luton crew operate LTN-BFS-AGP-LTN

Watch Mon/Tue for new routes from eJ :ok:

GAZMO
8th Dec 2017, 19:41
Any hints Fourtrails?

FourTrails
9th Dec 2017, 18:47
Boats could be useful

GAZMO
10th Dec 2017, 18:14
BA flight from Boston Being diverted to BFS

SecondDog
11th Dec 2017, 08:17
BA flight from Boston Beijing diverted to BFS

Is it still there? I imagine the snappers will be slipping over themselves to get a nice shot of that one.

MaverickPrime
11th Dec 2017, 08:41
Was just checking out the airports page on Wikipedia. I was looking at the CAA figures, does anyone know why the amount of freight moved through the airport in 2016 was so low compare to the previous years?

BFS BHD
11th Dec 2017, 12:25
Is the EasyJet Press Release still planned for tomorrow with the New A320Neo due in?

El Bunto
11th Dec 2017, 21:47
Is it still there? I imagine the snappers will be slipping over themselves to get a nice shot of that one.

BA 747 went out just after 01:00 after an hour's delay on the ground, don't know what the problem was. De-icing possibly?

Refuellerman
11th Dec 2017, 22:02
BA 747 went out just after 01:00 after an hour's delay on the ground, don't know what the problem was. De-icing possibly?

Possible slot restrictions knowing what a nightmare london airspace is

BFS BHD
11th Dec 2017, 22:45
Isle Of Man - 2 weekly (From 22nd June 2018)
Naples - 2 weekly (From 23rd June 2018)
Valencia - 2 weekly (From 23rd June 2018)

A320.b744
11th Dec 2017, 23:23
Isle Of Man is the first new route for S18.

2 weekly.

This is very good news for travellers to the Isle of Man. The current offering from BHD is pathetic, and based on passenger numbers there is a lot more demand on the route than there currently are seats. easyJet will also bring affordable prices to the route, as Eastern/Flybe prices are extortionate. The use of a 'proper' aircraft will also entice leisure travellers. I predict this route will do very well, and will be increased to x3/x4 weekly very soon.

BFS BHD
12th Dec 2017, 00:31
Still gaps in the schedules I think. Possibly more to come or increase in current routes?

GAZMO
12th Dec 2017, 06:21
Isle of Man Mon and Fri
Valencia and Naples Tues and Sat

Still hopeful Pula will appear

OneBellEnd
12th Dec 2017, 06:49
Capacity to increase on virtually all EZY BFS UK regional routes outside London, as well as to Paris and Bordeaux.

mart901
12th Dec 2017, 07:15
This is very good news for travellers to the Isle of Man. The current offering from BHD is pathetic, and based on passenger numbers there is a lot more demand on the route than there currently are seats. easyJet will also bring affordable prices to the route, as Eastern/Flybe prices are extortionate. The use of a 'proper' aircraft will also entice leisure travellers. I predict this route will do very well, and will be increased to x3/x4 weekly very soon.

I'd struggle to understand how a twice weekly flight is such a massive improvement to a a 'pathetic' daily service, nor how EZY's aircraft are 'proper'..... I'd say has wings, wheels, seats, pilots, cabin crew??? It's a tiny island 35 mins away, it's not like BE are asking the public to fly across the Atlantic in a J41. I do agree it's overpriced though, very much aimed at business and yes it could warrant double daily. If EZY knock BE off the route I can't see them offering anything close to that level of frequency and while it might suit leisure pax it won't really help the IOM in many respects.

All in all good news though, nice to see EZY firming its position, they seemed to hold out for a while with minimal new routes and just careful capacity increases, now FR are at a weak point they've pounced.

GAZMO
12th Dec 2017, 08:18
From BT article this morning looks like extra weekly flights to CDG and BOD although cannot see them on website at moment

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/new-easyjet-destinations-from-belfast-could-create-up-to-175-new-jobs-36398808.html

Plane.Silly
12th Dec 2017, 09:01
So excited, he has to post it twice :)

El Bunto
12th Dec 2017, 09:14
The use of a 'proper' aircraft will also entice leisure travellers. Yes it's a nice big comfy A3xx but a 65nm route is really not an efficient use of the type. It will be barely topping-out at FL150 before commencing descent.

Unless they operated IoM as a pass-through onto other destinations, as JEA used to with the F27s, I don't see how this will be much more affordable than Eastern.

To put it in context, the only shorter routes on an A320 that I can think of are Fuertaventura to Arrecife which are really positioning flights with pax permitted.

owenc
12th Dec 2017, 09:51
Very good to see Naples. Something different, finally.