PDA

View Full Version : Belfast International-2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

True Blue
18th Sep 2017, 05:45
So the airport is forecasting over 6m pax in 2018. Considering flights are already operating with a very high load factor, does that imply further new routes/aircraft? Would the Jet2 expansion lift numbers to that extent.

Refuellerman
18th Sep 2017, 10:32
So the airport is forecasting over 6m pax in 2018. Considering flights are already operating with a very high load factor, does that imply further new routes/aircraft? Would the Jet2 expansion lift numbers to that extent.
Is jet2 not just replacing a 300 series with an 800 series?, and some extra flights, maybe 1.5k per wwwk in summer?

mart901
18th Sep 2017, 11:03
The 800 is an additional aircraft for summer

BFS BHD
18th Sep 2017, 11:36
The 800 is based from 2nd Nov this year.

mart901
18th Sep 2017, 11:45
Yes, so there will be 4 based by summer 18. From what jet2 say they will offer an additional 110,000 seats next summer and 75,000 of that will be on the 8 new routes.

A320.b744
18th Sep 2017, 12:05
Passenger numbers will also be lifted by the first full season of BFS-MCO and BFS-PVD, and a full year of BFS-SWF and BFS-MLA.

SecondDog
18th Sep 2017, 13:44
Passenger numbers will also be lifted by the first full season of BFS-MCO and BFS-PVD, and a full year of BFS-SWF and BFS-MLH.

Who is operating BFS MLH?

A320.b744
18th Sep 2017, 14:10
Who is operating BFS MLH?

Apologies, BFS-MLA

mart901
20th Sep 2017, 06:32
Looking at EZY for summer 18, nothing particularly new, freqeuncy good for BHX up to 3x daily, LGW up to 7x daily. Nothing seems to dropped, ACE, KEF and LYS not on sale for summer.

BFS BHD
20th Sep 2017, 06:45
2nd A320 will be based.
A monday in June shows BHX and LGW on the A320 early morning.
3x A319 & 2x A320 at the minute.

planedrive
20th Sep 2017, 08:37
Remember that these schedule releases are only the bare bones of the schedule. Other flights added at different times and new routes generally announced end of October/start of November time!

Refuellerman
20th Sep 2017, 10:22
2nd A320 will be based.
A monday in June shows BHX and LGW on the A320 early morning.
3x A319 & 2x A320 at the minute.

2nd A320 maybe for the norwegian connections?

West Brit
20th Sep 2017, 10:58

Which way? Are they going to offer flights from say NCL to New York via BFS with EZY and then Norwegian? or are you talking about LGW connections originating at BFS?

I think the BHX schedule was good this year up to end of June then it all fell apart in July/August.
Lanzarote all summer is very popular!
At one point Geneva was served during the summer-if my memory serves me well-should be popular during summer!
Again no Saturday flights to Paris!
An extra aircraft could be worked hard at BFS - certainly during the summer.

Refuellerman
20th Sep 2017, 14:58
Geneva did run the summer once indeed, maybe 2005 i think, plenty of hikers, bikers but no big buying on board hence the chop, gatwick or bfs i would say regarding the d8 feeder, either way.

Husky One
20th Sep 2017, 15:09
There's no feeding to be done by easyJet to NAI's BFS operations. That tie up is a fairly lame PR stunt involving LGW operations. The second A320 will just be a capacity booster possibly with the addition of a couple of holiday destinations to mix it up e.g. Venice (again).
If easyJet were thinking out of the box they'd put a NEO in and clean up on NI's Canadian market...but never gonna happen. Too much politics involved for that and too far north of LTN.

BFS BHD
20th Sep 2017, 18:25
Searching again on easyJets website it appears that on June 24th next year there is 6 departures 'one way' in the morning:

06:00 Malaga
06:10 Alicante
06:25 Faro
07:00 Krakow
07:05 Dubrovnik
07:50 Barcelona

Malaga, Faro & Krakow appear to be A319
Alicante, Dubrovnik & Barcelona appear to be A320

So possibly there could be 3x A319 & 3x A320 based next year!

owenc
20th Sep 2017, 18:56

Which way? Are they going to offer flights from say NCL to New York via BFS with EZY and then Norwegian? or are you talking about LGW connections originating at BFS?

I think the BHX schedule was good this year up to end of June then it all fell apart in July/August.
Lanzarote all summer is very popular!
At one point Geneva was served during the summer-if my memory serves me well-should be popular during summer!
Again no Saturday flights to Paris!
An extra aircraft could be worked hard at BFS - certainly during the summer.
Why would anyone connect in Gatwick when we've got a plethora of flights from premium airlines serving Dublin?

DC9_10
20th Sep 2017, 19:31
Not everyone drives Owen and Dublin Is more than 100 miles for a lot of people. You answered that like you think it's all Belfast people who would want to drive to Dublin. Why do people connect through Heathrow for instance and can you fly Singapore from Dublin. Maybe it's a fact that the majority of people don't want a 100 plus mile journey after a long haul flight.

BFS watcher
20th Sep 2017, 20:01
Searching again on easyJets website it appears that on June 24th next year there is 6 departures 'one way' in the morning:

06:00 Malaga
06:10 Alicante
06:25 Faro
07:00 Krakow
07:05 Dubrovnik
07:50 Barcelona

Malaga, Faro & Krakow appear to be A319
Alicante, Dubrovnik & Barcelona appear to be A320

So possibly there could be 3x A319 & 3x A320 based next year!

Looks like the rumour of a 6th based aircraft is correct. Suspect lots more BHX and MAN during the week with possibly a Venice on Saturday for the cruise traffic. I wonder if there will be a surprise or two from FR!

owenc
20th Sep 2017, 20:01
Not everyone drives Owen and Dublin Is more than 100 miles for a lot of people. You answered that like you think it's all Belfast people who would want to drive to Dublin. Why do people connect through Heathrow for instance and can you fly Singapore from Dublin. Maybe it's a fact that the majority of people don't want a 100 plus mile journey after a long haul flight.

I make the trip to Dublin when traveling more than 4,000 miles. I stay overnight in a Travelodge to shorten the journey. Bus services are offered by Translink.

My point was that more choice is available from Dublin with legacy airlines and modern planes in contrast to Thomson/Virgin or Thomas Cook.

Refuellerman
20th Sep 2017, 20:44
I make the trip to Dublin when traveling more than 4,000 miles. I stay overnight in a Travelodge to shorten the journey. Bus services are offered by Translink.

My point was that more choice is available from Dublin with legacy airlines and modern planes in contrast to Thomson/Virgin or Thomas Cook.
So virgin hasnt any dreamliners, or thomson?

DC9_10
20th Sep 2017, 20:47
That's your choice to do that Owen. However, that for me and the vast majority of people , especially with kids would be a last resort. Not to mention the extra expense. Nah, would rather connect.

CCR
20th Sep 2017, 21:09
I rather think the vast majority of people prefer a direct flight any day than having to connect.
The last time I connected through Heathrow from Belfast..I missed my connection and it took 11 hours to get to Munich via Heathrow...next time it will be a direct flight from Dublin.

DC9_10
20th Sep 2017, 21:12
Hopefully you won't have to get the bus and stay overnight in a Travelodge then.

Refuellerman
20th Sep 2017, 22:14
Going through the dirty dub adds about 3 hrs and 6 to a return journey from up here in coleraine

ia350
20th Sep 2017, 22:18
The dirty dub ? You lot really are a funny bunch !

madgav
20th Sep 2017, 22:19
That's your choice to do that Owen. However, that for me and the vast majority of people , especially with kids would be a last resort. Not to mention the extra expense. Nah, would rather connect.

This ^^

I always prioritise options that will deliver me back to my local airport. That said, i am somewhat price sensitive when paying out of my own pocket, so would still consider all options. But id need to be saving many hundreds of pounds to put up with a long drive after a long haul flight.

Thumbs up from me for better connection options in LGW.

owenc
20th Sep 2017, 22:45
Going through the dirty dub adds about 3 hrs and 6 to a return journey from up here in coleraine

I thought you lived in Antrim?

owenc
20th Sep 2017, 22:48
This ^^

I always prioritise options that will deliver me back to my local airport. That said, i am somewhat price sensitive when paying out of my own pocket, so would still consider all options. But id need to be saving many hundreds of pounds to put up with a long drive after a long haul flight.

Thumbs up from me for better connection options in LGW.

Dublin is a Transatlantic hub, so it will have a better choice of destinations:

1. JFK.
2. Boston.
3. San Francisco.
4. Montreal.
5. Halifax.
6. Orlando.
7. Toronto.
8.Miami.
9. Washington.
10. Atlanta.
11. Chicago.
12. Philadelphia.
13.St Johns.
14. Newark.
15. Vancouver.
16. Providence.
17.Newburgh.

The Caribbean is the only area better served from Gatwick that would be worth the hassle of going back on yourself.

PPRuNeUser0176
20th Sep 2017, 22:58
I'd say Refuellerman have never passed the border......

owenc
20th Sep 2017, 23:15
I can't take him seriously.

DC9_10
20th Sep 2017, 23:28
Owen, why would anyone want to travel to Dublin to fly to Newburgh or Providence when it's available from Belfast. London airports have a far better range of destinations also. You're a Dublin cheerleader so totally biased anyway whilst missing the point that the vast majority of NI people prefer not to use Dublin. Roads not great, exchange rate terrible and rail a joke. Yes the services are there but the figures state otherwise and not everyone is a clone of you. Quiet a few seasonal on your hub list also.

owenc
20th Sep 2017, 23:52
I'm not a Dublin cheerleader, I have just specificed that I don't use Dublin Airport for routes under 4,000 miles as it is 160 miles from my home and requires travel through the night.

Dublin for me, always works out cheaper because of the exchange rate and lower taxes. Business Class from Dublin goes for £1000-£1700 return, those same fares through Heathrow are £2500-£3,200.

This is a perfect example of the substantial savings in flying Long Haul from Dublin if necessary. There is also the added benefit of US Preclearance and zero backtracking that a traveller has to endure going from Heathrow.

Asia is only viable through Heathrow.

DC9_10
21st Sep 2017, 00:07
Again Owen, your totalling ignoring the point. A small minority travel business class and not very many when paying from your own pocket. The current exchange rate makes it more expensive for the price conscious. I fail to see your lack of understanding why people prefer to connect through London. So let's all get the bus to Dublin and stay overnight both ways and fly business class all the way. From some of your previous equally nonsense posts concerning Dublin, I would suggest you are a Dublin cheerleader.

owenc
21st Sep 2017, 00:14
Well, my posts aren't nonsense.

My focus on Business Class highlighted the substantial savings to be had in flying from Dublin over the addition of the stop over in Heathrow.

These savings can be extrapolated down into Economy fares also, which can be taken advantage of by the favourable exchange rate which at €1.14, translates to a saving of £14 per £100; or £280 for a family of four.

DC9_10
21st Sep 2017, 00:30
That rate has only risen from last Friday, and why are so many southerners coming north these days to fly. Back to you though as I think you need to read back on this thread. According to you in your own words, you live 160 miles from Dublin so have to travel through the night to then get a bus then stay at a Travelodge. Sometimes you post good sensible topics and others you have taken a bit of stick. I'm not going to be rude to you as you seem a decent lad but you've lost the plot on this one mate.

owenc
21st Sep 2017, 00:52
Lost the plot because I said i'd take the bus and stay in a Travel lodge? Um.. Ok?

DC9_10
21st Sep 2017, 01:52
And not forgetting travelling through the night.

madgav
21st Sep 2017, 06:46
Dublin is a Transatlantic hub, so it will have a better choice of destinations

And LHR, AMS, LGW have many many more again.

the hassle of going back on yourself.Less hassle and much safer than a long drive when you're half asleep.
However it does highlight that we need a westbound route from BFS that provides connections. Perhaps that is what will eventually be provided by Norwegian (or another airline)? Hence problem solved :D
Also, what about eastbound connections? No going back on yourself there.

Business ClassI never get business class when travelling for..... business! And I certainly wouldn't pay for it out of my own pocket. If we're talking about what most people prefer, I think a comparison of economy fares would be more appropriate. For which I have never found the best fare to be a direct flight from Dublin. I was in NYC in August - flights were booked in January. Every option was £2200-2500 for four pax, and EI from DUB was at the upper end of that range. By tweaking dates I was able to book with BA via LHR for less than £1600. Good choice too - we got upgraded on the outbound LHR-JFK :)
(And yes, I know, if I'd waited a month I could have booked for less with Norwegian direct from BFS :(

a plethora of flights from premium airlinesYes, and we hope that at least some of those airlines may eventually also serve Belfast. Less likely to happen if they think we're all happy to travel to Dublin (no disrespect to Dublin, they deserve to be firmly congratulated for their success over the last few years).

midfieldgeneral
21st Sep 2017, 06:52
With regard to easyJet, at least 4 first officers upgrading to Captain next summer have been offered a position in Belfast as well as 2 transferring captains from LGW in Autumn so that's an airplanes worth.

Nothing official has been said to staff and I won't believe an extra aircraft until it arrives what with the Air Berlin and Alitalia situations to be resolved this winter. I have seen before aircraft promised to bases diverted due to "better" opportunities else where.

Refuellerman
21st Sep 2017, 09:53
Owen, u must have be a ex dublin traveller all the time, anyone knows ex dub business class is nothing like the LHR and LGW business class

Refuellerman
21st Sep 2017, 10:37
Well, my posts aren't nonsense.

My focus on Business Class highlighted the substantial savings to be had in flying from Dublin over the addition of the stop over in Heathrow.

These savings can be extrapolated down into Economy fares also, which can be taken advantage of by the favourable exchange rate which at €1.14, translates to a saving of £14 per £100; or £280 for a family of four.

And how much does your 320 miles in the car cost plus your hotels?

Una Due Tfc
21st Sep 2017, 10:48
Owen, u must have be a ex dublin traveller all the time, anyone knows ex dub business class is nothing like the LHR and LGW business class

Depends what airline you're talking about. EI's J is far superior to BA's for example, and DUB has more flights to the states than LGW.

But the lounges in DUB are indeed dire compared to LHR.

owenc
21st Sep 2017, 10:57
American Airlines offers a new Business Class seat on the 787-8 and Aer Lingus has flat beds among others.

owenc
21st Sep 2017, 10:59
And how much does your 320 miles in the car cost plus your hotels?

£20 in Bus and £70 for hotel.

West Brit
21st Sep 2017, 12:04
If I was a businessman and going business class, why would I get a bus or drive for 2 hours, stay in a hotel? Far more attractive IMO is get a taxi to my local airport 15 mins away and have a drink then be nurtured by the airline straight through connections to my destination?

Refuellerman
21st Sep 2017, 14:51
American Airlines offers a new Business Class seat on the 787-8 and Aer Lingus has flat beds among others.

Ei flat bed and ek flat bed are a world away owen

cuthere
21st Sep 2017, 14:55
“Nurtured” by an airline? You have to pay extra for that?

CCR
21st Sep 2017, 15:34
Hopefully you won't have to get the bus and stay overnight in a Travelodge then.

I always get the Aircoach bus from Belfast to Dublin airport.
It`s an hourly 24 hour bus service direct to Dublin airport and gets me there in under 2 hours so I never need a hotel:)

Una Due Tfc
21st Sep 2017, 17:39
If I was a businessman and going business class, why would I get a bus or drive for 2 hours, stay in a hotel? Far more attractive IMO is get a taxi to my local airport 15 mins away and have a drink then be nurtured by the airline straight through connections to my destination?

Completely agree, it only comes into play if the airport a couple of hours drive away has a direct flight OR you're paying your own money and price / product comes into play.

Btw Refuellerman, J class on the EK 777s is appalling.

Refuellerman
21st Sep 2017, 18:41
So sorry i ment a380

Una Due Tfc
21st Sep 2017, 18:51
That is indeed sublime.

Anyway any hints of any of the major alliances heading to BFS? Am I right in saying Star with Brussels and OW with BA are the only representatives in NI down the road in city? Surely LH are there to be chased? It's a shame the airport had such a nasty falling out with EI, with IAG going for Norwegian's gullet in BCN, DUB and LGW, might have been a sneaky chance of getting an extra 321LR from the group based.

A320.b744
21st Sep 2017, 20:14
Brussels Airlines scrapped BRU-BHD earlier this year. KLM (Skyteam) and BA (Oneworld) are the only alliance links.

Both BHD and BFS have been trying to get Lufthansa/Eurowings for years - however the inability of SN to sustain their Belfast operations doesn't bode well for another Lufthansa Group airline coming to Belfast anytime soon.

I also can't see IAG entering the long haul market from Belfast for a number of reasons. The runway at BHD is too short for transatlantic operations, and they wouldn't split operations between BHD and BFS. IAG will enhance their offering from DUB, LGW, BCN in order to compete against Norwegian, but they won't start operations from regional airports.

Refuellerman
21st Sep 2017, 23:16
I dont think a non budget airline will be over to bfs for a while, delta were almost in before continental/united but as for the big european 3 af/klm iag or Lufthansa who knows?

owenc
22nd Sep 2017, 00:02
Found a United bag tag from last summer on an old suitcase :(

mart901
22nd Sep 2017, 06:27
What did it say Owen? EWR-DUB??

canberra97
22nd Sep 2017, 19:44
You use an 'old suitcase', that's not becoming of someone of your stature surely!

Well I guess it doesn't go amiss in a Travelodge or on a bus :-)

airbourne
22nd Sep 2017, 20:11
Bus
Travelodge
Overnight travel

Yet....flies business class?

More like bull:mad: class!

And all this before your 21st birthday!

BFS BHD
22nd Sep 2017, 20:14
I seen online that Premier Inn are going to build a new 81 bed hotel near the Belfast International Airport. Not sure where it is going.

Moorfield Contracts who are building the new serivce station are meant to be the ones building the hotel.

mart901
22nd Sep 2017, 21:05
That's brilliant news BFS BHD, type of work Moorfields do.

canberra97
22nd Sep 2017, 21:49
Bus
Travelodge
Overnight travel

Yet....flies business class?

More like bulls:mad: class!

And all this before your 21st birthday!

Although I totally agree with your comments especially the bull:mad: class which I found quite humorous to say the least but....

I was fortunate from 20 years of age to have traveled business class with British Airways, South African Airlines and Trans World Airlines as well as staying in the Holiday Inn, Metropole, Novotel, Sheraton branded hotels so it's not always the age thing although I was very fortunate enough at 20yo to have had such a great job that allowed me to have such a lifestyle albeit being paid for by my employer and not by myself at such a young age.

But I totally agree I take everything he says with a large pinch of salt.

Refuellerman
22nd Sep 2017, 23:07
I seen online that Premier Inn are going to build a new 81 bed hotel near the Belfast International Airport. Not sure where it is going.

Moorfield Contracts who are building the new serivce station are meant to be the ones building the hotel.
Theres the old kilead air lodge rooms across the runway, might be something to do with it?

owenc
22nd Sep 2017, 23:29
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/248/5e9qm3.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/4813/sQq3RY.jpg

SecondDog
23rd Sep 2017, 00:35
Theres the old kilead air lodge rooms across the runway, might be something to do with it?

Nah it will be off to the North of the terminal.

SecondDog
23rd Sep 2017, 00:38
On a separate note. Can we leave OwenC alone and talk more about the airport. I would like to know if anyone has heard about Norwegian doing anything with their daystoppers

Refuellerman
23rd Sep 2017, 03:43
They have enough to worry about when they are putting out 40 people on a b737 to new york

West Brit
23rd Sep 2017, 07:58
For September they are carrying 40 passengers on their service to New York. That ain't good!
It also ain't good that they have cancelled the Boston flight today.

So basically I will not be booking any flights with FR after their recent nonsense, even although I have booked LGW for October just a day before all these cancellations were announced!

And now Norwegian have arrived on my airlines to avoid at all cost list.

Refuellerman
23rd Sep 2017, 08:18
Low cost, say no more

owenc
23rd Sep 2017, 08:49
40 people? What? I'm confused, you are assuming we all know what you are talking about.

SWBKCB
23rd Sep 2017, 09:10
I think it is being suggested that 40 passengers as the load for a 737 operating across the Atlantic from Belfast isn't very good. I tend to agree.

EIFFS
23rd Sep 2017, 09:40
Its slowed a little of late but that is not unusual at this time of year, todays figures are double what you quote, what is amazing is Dublin is running at 165 each way most days.

owenc
23rd Sep 2017, 09:44
I find this fascinating. I know last year when I used the United app most flights where around 90-100 passengers, so why only 40 on a cheap service?

SWBKCB
23rd Sep 2017, 11:00
You're comparing apples and oranges - United are a major carrier so will have a frequent flyer programme, connections to many other US destinations and fly to a major New York airport. Norwegian don't offer any of these - no loyalty programme, no connections and a destination airport a fair distance from New York city. Price isn't the only consideration.

DC9_10
23rd Sep 2017, 11:32
Anything Refullerman says I would take with a pinch of salt. GDS systems seem to state otherwise.

owenc
23rd Sep 2017, 11:35
What do the "GDS" systems say?

Refuellerman
23rd Sep 2017, 11:50
Anything Refullerman says I would take with a pinch of salt. GDS systems seem to state otherwise.

Sling your hook wiseguy, maybe more today as the pvd is canx, id love to know were your info comes from

DC9_10
23rd Sep 2017, 12:18
Probably because I work in travel and have access to real time booked loads. That's were I get my information from. Facts. Amadeus, Worldspan, Sabre etc.

PPRuNeUser0176
23rd Sep 2017, 12:38
Its slowed a little of late but that is not unusual at this time of year, todays figures are double what you quote, what is amazing is Dublin is running at 165 each way most days.

Still 80 us poor if it was Jan or Feb then it might be acceptable. I wonder if forward bookings are behind the reason for reducing the freq in 2018 or at least until July-August.

DC9_10
23rd Sep 2017, 12:48
Bookings from what I can see have taken a dip after the school holidays but increase toward October. November a bit quiet but moving into December becoming busier with the holiday period well utilised. Jan and Feb quiet and starting to spike from March, however far more than 40 pax per sector each month.

AerRyan
23rd Sep 2017, 14:59
Cork figures also falling, but not as much.

40-80 is FAR more concerning than its being made out to be. Airlines like United (higher fares) can run at break even or minimal loss at around 45-55% loads, this figures is much higher, between 65%-80% depending on yield for LCC's.

A Stewart rotation has already been lost to Shannon for next summer, just pray marketing will maintain this route.

owenc
23rd Sep 2017, 16:47
Can someone who has access to real figures provide some insight into the reality of the loads on our route?

AerRyan
23rd Sep 2017, 16:49
Don't like the ones you're being provided I assume Owen?

SecondDog
23rd Sep 2017, 18:01
I know the loads are poor but there are several factors for that. Hopefully things will pick up once it gets established and people realise that Stewart isn't that far out of NYC. Perhaps as options grow onwards from SWF or when the big new Legoland opens next door and families start to make trips there etc... I just can't see why using the plane to near Europe on either a new location or an established one would be that much more of a risk than just leaving it sitting for 6 hours in BFS. I feel it will take a bit of speculation to come up with an answer

BFS BHD
23rd Sep 2017, 18:11
Looks like the 2nd A320 will be based a little earlier than i thought... seems to be based from around the 7th February 2018 instead of the end of March.

3x A319 & 2x A320 based :ok:

Looks like Geneva flights on Saturdays from 10th February will be using the 2nd A320! Plenty of seats available to Geneva now with the 3rd daily flight added the other week on Saturdays!

Refuellerman
23rd Sep 2017, 18:11
Even cdg is 5 hrs round trip, Scandinavia would be even further away, cant see it happening folks unless they arrive in earlier eg 05 06

SWBKCB
23rd Sep 2017, 18:22
A nice short domestic would do - say NCL! :ok:

owenc
23rd Sep 2017, 18:45
Or Stansted.

A320.b744
23rd Sep 2017, 19:17
Can someone who has access to real figures provide some insight into the reality of the loads on our route?

The only official stats we have are CAA for July.

SWF had an average load of 138 pax (74%)
PVD had an average load of 110 pax (59%)

The load factor would of course be higher if some of those flights had a max load limit of less than 186 seats, as happened with some B737-800 flights.

To compare, EDI-SWF had an average load of 143 pax (77%) and EDI-PVD had an average load of 129 pax (69%).

owenc
23rd Sep 2017, 20:26
PVD was 738 and SWF 738 MAX.

EIFFS
23rd Sep 2017, 21:20
It's a new business model that may or may not work, Dublin is doing really ditto EDI, not every route will work, some may grow frequency others may fail.

I don't think the aircraft type is to blame, the lack of an up front product will put some off when their employer is footing the bill, some of the flight time are point to point quicker than other options

VickersVicount
24th Sep 2017, 09:08
employers and buisness travel are not really the target market here.
If the capacity is not 100 % load factor, im not sure why its being limited by seat cap?

owenc
24th Sep 2017, 09:21
Because of range issues.

AerRyan
24th Sep 2017, 10:15
The 737-800 has the capacity restrictions, however the 737 MAX does not.

owenc
24th Sep 2017, 12:02
So, PVD is near 70 %!

AerRyan
24th Sep 2017, 12:03
No because the operation switches between MAX and NG

BFS BHD
24th Sep 2017, 12:30
MAX only started flying on the PVD service this month and was only on a couple of flights.

8inchdelay
24th Sep 2017, 20:07
Who is the idiot in charge of marketing at Belfast international airport! On twitter there is an advert advertising a beach break with easy jet with the slogan "Orlando is overrated anyway"! Does this person not realise that Virgin have a 6 month program to Orlando from bfs next year! They are basically saying Orlando is crap! Also if you look st the amount posts to travel with Norwegian it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that the two routes are clearly struggling. And iv been to Stewart and it's not that easy getting to New York.

EIFFS
25th Sep 2017, 09:27
The MAX & NG have the same lift & fuel capacity, both are now ETOPS, the max is of course heavier and it's a Cat 'D' aircraft for minima.

The only real benefit of the max is lower fuel burns saving at best 250kg per hour so even on a 6 hour flight it's only 1500kg

On OTS routes you'll normally be capped at 340 going west and then climb to 380 after the exit point so around 165 -170 is the practical pax limit, east bound isn't an issue, but either way I suspect that the A321NeoLR will be more suited

Taken across all routes ( PVD BDL SWF) to/from (BFS DUB SNN ORK EDI BGO) it's doing ok, there is bound to be some tweaking, I think DUB will work year round, I'm less certain of the BFS point to point market and onward connections inbound to BFS are far less than DUB

Refuellerman
25th Sep 2017, 10:59
Fuel saving is around 2.5 tonnes per flight, so 5 tonnes per return trip, give or take for weather etc

Refuellerman
25th Sep 2017, 19:12
Who is the idiot in charge of marketing at Belfast international airport! On twitter there is an advert advertising a beach break with easy jet with the slogan "Orlando is overrated anyway"! Does this person not realise that Virgin have a 6 month program to Orlando from bfs next year! They are basically saying Orlando is crap! Also if you look st the amount posts to travel with Norwegian it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that the two routes are clearly struggling. And iv been to Stewart and it's not that easy getting to New York.

Its like hitting your head against the wall at times, one step foward two back😲

owenc
25th Sep 2017, 19:20
6 month? Is it not only in the Summer period?

GAZMO
25th Sep 2017, 19:26
I believe VS is Late March to early September. I am sure someone will correct if I am not right!

SecondDog
25th Sep 2017, 19:53
Correct Gazmo starts at beginning of Easter school hols

Spambhoy
25th Sep 2017, 21:31
They are hilarious. Add several ,eclectic, variations of the provincial accent and multiply that in a closed room. You actually wince as they get down to business. The International bit always amuses me ; the majority of the international business, is mail. So there's a downer right away. The technology in Aldergove, if it was audited properly, would shut down the airport in a heartbeat. It's not much of a contract and will probably bite the dust leaving City to reap the benefits.

Refuellerman
25th Sep 2017, 22:10
What international mail services do they run?

BFS BHD
26th Sep 2017, 09:40
Company's new hotel and retail projects are worth £15m - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk (http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/companys-new-hotel-and-retail-projects-are-worth-15m-36166750.html)

BFS watcher
26th Sep 2017, 10:56
They are hilarious. Add several ,eclectic, variations of the provincial accent and multiply that in a closed room. You actually wince as they get down to business. The International bit always amuses me ; the majority of the international business, is mail. So there's a downer right away. The technology in Aldergove, if it was audited properly, would shut down the airport in a heartbeat. It's not much of a contract and will probably bite the dust leaving City to reap the benefits.
Someone is not a happy camper!

panpanpanpan
26th Sep 2017, 15:30
Spambhoy, you post as though you have direct experience with Aldergrove management. I have met a few of the individuals at various functions, some of them may not come across as the sharpest of characters but you can't deny that as a team, they are currently on a roll. How long it lasts may be up for debate but if its long enough to do Harbour irreparable damage then surely thats their mission accomplished.

I'm not sure how you audit technology and how this audit would lead the an airport being closed, that sounds a bit dramatic! I would suggest any technology is obsolete shortly after it is installed. As far as Harbour reaping benefits, perhaps you should drop their marketing director a quick line, think they need all the suggestions they can get at the minute!:\

BFS BHD
26th Sep 2017, 18:33
Is Ryanair stopping London-Gatwick flights for Winter 2017/18? Appears to be off sale!

Edit: Looks like people have had their flights cancelled from November!

GAZMO
26th Sep 2017, 18:43
Interesting! Maybe adjusting the schedule.

Cant see them cutting out LGW as route very popular

owenc
26th Sep 2017, 18:59
My flight has been cancelled. It's short notice for them to do this, not fair.

KNT544
26th Sep 2017, 20:07
Interesting! Maybe adjusting the schedule.

Cant see them cutting out LGW as route very popular

Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's making money.

scodaman
26th Sep 2017, 20:46
Just checked, nothing bookable after October 28th and a few pics on twitter showing messages from Ryanair apologising for having to cancel already booked Belfast - Gatwick flights in November.

owenc
26th Sep 2017, 20:47
Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's making money.

So, you think it's appropriate to cancel flights a few weeks in advance of the flights?

KNT544
26th Sep 2017, 21:06
So, you think it's appropriate to cancel flights a few weeks in advance of the flights?I have zero idea why you think it appropriate to ask me. Less so what difference my answer would make.

owenc
26th Sep 2017, 21:22
Sorry, I hit a nerve. I'll make sure to steer clear of you in future.

madgav
26th Sep 2017, 21:48
Just checked my booking for 25/11 - 01/12. Cancelled too :mad:

Just rebooked with EZY, now just as cheap as the FR flights. Happier now since I'm doing a DIY connection at LGW on to a BA flight.

Unfortunately haven't yet been able to process the refund on Ryanair's website - says flight is not cancelled or dealyed > 3 hours?

What is going on with FR? :ugh:

Refuellerman
26th Sep 2017, 21:48
Sorry, I hit a nerve. I'll make sure to steer clear of you in future.

You should be happy mr i love dublin

PPRuNeUser0176
26th Sep 2017, 21:55
This will have a massive impact on passenger numbers if it's dropped, 5 daily thats over 56,000 seats per month lost and not even a few extra EZY flights could cover it.

Have they passed the minimum EU requirement to use the slots on the route??

Refuellerman
26th Sep 2017, 21:57
Terrible smell tonight of :mad:, wat are fr up to?

Husky One
26th Sep 2017, 23:09
Maybe they're giving their pilots a month off in November

True Blue
26th Sep 2017, 23:23
This will be their way of taking the spotlight off their current crewing problems. Cancel a lot of domestic and other flights, blame it on brexit and start a war of words over that instead.

EI-BUD
27th Sep 2017, 03:39
The FR BFS LGW flights for S18 are on sale at the website. They have the slots all year/ so what are they going to use them for thia winter? They can't just not use even? Seems bizarre ..

GAZMO
27th Sep 2017, 06:21
EZY have released full summer schedule
No new routes but some domestic flights appear to have increased. Looked at week in July and BHX, EDI and GLA appear to have a few extra weekly flights compared to July 17

mart901
27th Sep 2017, 06:53
Pretty rotten for the airport. They are not alone, STN - GLA/EDI cancelled.

GAZMO
27th Sep 2017, 07:04
Maybe an opportunity for EZY to put on a few extra flights from LGW to EDI, BFS and GLA

shoe shine
27th Sep 2017, 07:28
When FR pull the operation for the winter will the slots at LGW not be reallocated, or is it the case that FR will use them for other routes?

West Brit
27th Sep 2017, 08:05
I wouldn't start digging foundations for the hotel just yet!

EGAC is Better
27th Sep 2017, 09:39
Has anyone actually received direct, emailed confirmation that their flights have been cancelled?

I have a booking which is showing cancelled (when I try to open it) via the Manage Booking function of the Ryanair site, but no email confirming same.

Ryanair are a total shambles presently. They had been slowly climbing off the bottom of my "do not fly unless no other alternative" list. They have now gone back to rock bottom and will be avoided at all costs unless I have no other alternative.

Edit: I have received my cancellation email and requested my refund. Also had to pay a considerable amount more money to get to London with EZY.

EI-A330-300
27th Sep 2017, 10:12
The FR BFS LGW flights for S18 are on sale at the website. They have the slots all year/ so what are they going to use them for thia winter? They can't just not use even? Seems bizarre ..

In the past when they have cancelled a route they removed the closest season before doing the rest later.

It makes no sense to cancel in winter and return in summer. It's either gone for good or there has been some major IT mess.

ara01jbb
27th Sep 2017, 10:46
As confirmed elsewhere, BFS/LGW, STN/EDI and STN/GLA are all discontinued.

Also big cuts in Poland, Bulgaria and Sicily.

EI-A330-300
27th Sep 2017, 11:08
If it's dropped the LGW slots will revert back to IAG (BA specifically) if they are not used by another operator.

Not sure if Easyjet could use them, since they are already on the route for competition reasons.

madgav
27th Sep 2017, 11:43
I was just about to ask exactly that question.
Personally I'd quite like the option of 'proper' connections to BA flights at LGW..... although given the choice I'd prefer flying from BFS rather than BHD ... ;-)

Still no email from FR, also still can't do the refund online.

EDIT: Got the email, and have also been able to do the cancellation request online.

EDIT #2: Also got an £80 voucher :)

BHD2BFS
27th Sep 2017, 12:06
So clearly now there is a huge gap in the market as this was the busiest domestic route in the whole of the UK
So I don't think NI will miss out... there is a few potential options
Flybe which is now in a better position take them up and return the route to BHD
BA comes in and offers the route
EZY increases the aircraft size and take on 1 or 2 extra slots (however they have a monopoly then on price)
Norwegian comes in.... allow connections to their long haul operations... which I believe would be a perfect solution for them, I do think if this did happen it would end their long haul operations from Belfast

mart901
27th Sep 2017, 12:28
What about EI?

BHD2BFS
27th Sep 2017, 12:32
Since EI has moved most of its BHD operation to DUB I can't see them now coming back up

West Brit
27th Sep 2017, 12:37
According to the news, it is only for the winter.

mart901
27th Sep 2017, 12:40
Since EI has moved most of its BHD operation to DUB I can't see them now coming back up

I'd agree but would be more likely than BA operating it. Also it's being stressed the cancellation of 34 routes for 4 months is exactly that. In reality they could well be cutting losses by doing this as well, all these cancellations and compensation payouts are costly and reduces any budget for fighting price wars with easyJet, who have really held their own so well against them.

GAZMO
It would be difficult for any airline to jump in and organise flights, aircraft, staff etc within a short four week period bearing in mind that FR will be back in the summer of 18.

Personally I can only see the current operators increasing flight schedules. Maybe BA will go back to 6 daily flights and EZY could add an additional two daily flights

BHD2BFS
Does this mean BFS is losing an aircraft for the winter now ?

mart901
27th Sep 2017, 12:43
It would be difficult for any airline to jump in and organise flights, aircraft, staff etc within a short four week period bearing in mind that FR will be back in the summer of 18.

Personally I can only see the current operators increasing flight schedules. Maybe BA will go back to 6 daily flights and EZY could add an additional two daily flights
EZY could add capacity on their other LON routes and yes BA could definitely up the ante over winter, given the fact they have the slots to hand.

AerRyan
27th Sep 2017, 12:48
According to the news, it is only for the winter.

Flights bookable for next summer, so it appears that way.

Massive slap in the face for BFS though.

EI-BUD
27th Sep 2017, 12:49
BFS LGW and STN domestics x2 axed for winter now being reported by a well known news channel...incredible. The rationale for selecting the UK domestics is telling, why these, routes where competition with easyJet is intense? Is the shortage more grave at these impacted airports or is the airline halting winter ops on less profitable routes.

West Brit
27th Sep 2017, 13:03
BFS LGW and STN domestics x2 axed for winter now being reported by a well known news channel...incredible. The rationale for selecting the UK domestics is telling, why these, routes where competition with easyJet is intense? Is the shortage more grave at these impacted airports or is the airline halting winter ops on less profitable routes

Maybe FR showing 'compassion'. FR anticipate more issues this winter, and by cancelling high frequency UK domestic services with an alternate carrier/or form of transport thus minimising the affect on passengers already booked. Also these routes are traditionally booked closer to departure time!

midfieldgeneral
27th Sep 2017, 13:11
I am guessing one airplanes worth of crew are going to have to decamp to Dublin or elsewhere for the winter

Jamie2k9
27th Sep 2017, 14:09
BFS LGW and STN domestics x2 axed for winter now being reported by a well known news channel...incredible. The rationale for selecting the UK domestics is telling, why these, routes where competition with easyJet is intense? Is the shortage more grave at these impacted airports or is the airline halting winter ops on less profitable routes

Maybe FR showing 'compassion'. FR anticipate more issues this winter, and by cancelling high frequency UK domestic services with an alternate carrier/or form of transport thus minimising the affect on passengers already booked. Also these routes are traditionally booked closer to departure time!

Route just not profitable “enough”.

El Bunto
27th Sep 2017, 14:44
A real opportunity there for someone agile to get their foot in the door; for example a leisure-orientated airine with some airframes slack in the Winter. Jet2, or Monarch perhaps?

I can't see the big carriers like Easy or BA doing much more than adding a couple of extra dailies, their network planning is so complex that trying to change a part of it it must be like tugging the end of a ball of yarn.

How much for a couple of B734s...?

SWBKCB
27th Sep 2017, 15:12
How much for a couple of B734s...?

And can I make money with them when an airline with industry leading low costs has decided to suspend the route?

josechung
27th Sep 2017, 15:56
Well at least we have got the "Dublin rocks, BFS needs to know it's place" rants out of the way. Now the BHD one is due.

In all seriousness though, can we not just block these trolls when they start up?

Husky One
27th Sep 2017, 16:25
Welcome to the wonderful world involving Ryanair. Everyone gets shat on when it suits them. IF they decide to come back next summer they'll flog a load of seats for £1 and the fairly fickle travelling public will forgive them. The next move is there for the taking..a 100+ seater out of BHD to LGW 3 times a day. If I were easyjet I'd develop that idea rather than stick an extra rotation into BFS. BA are truly having a laugh down their with their fares this winter.

GAZMO
27th Sep 2017, 16:38
Agree husky passengers have short memories and a £9.99 sale then customers will trickle back
As previous I suspect little or no change over the winter with the current airlines reaping the rewards of higher fares

El Bunto
27th Sep 2017, 17:07
And can I make money with them when an airline with industry leading low costs has decided to suspend the route? Let's not get too caught-up in the Ryanair myth. Do we really believe that no-one can make money on the Belfast-Gatwick route?

Yes it's punishing on smaller aircraft due to the Gatwick fees, but totally unachievable? Hard to believe.

SWBKCB
27th Sep 2017, 17:52
Maybe - but you know that Ryanair have all the numbers (and you don't) and have still dropped it.

Would make you think twice - they've not dropped it because they don't have time to count all the money they are making...

NWSRG
27th Sep 2017, 20:14
Agree husky passengers have short memories and a £9.99 sale then customers will trickle back

Think that's true from the customer side of things...

...but maybe, just maybe, this whole episode will give the FR employees the impetus to rise up?

mart901
27th Sep 2017, 21:33
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/passengers-see-our-ryanair-uniforms-and-think-we-are-out-to-screw-them-1.3234310?mode=amp

True Blue
27th Sep 2017, 21:40
I have had flights cancelled to Lgw on 30th Oct. Have a look at current prices to London on Easyjet, would give you a heart attack.

mart901
27th Sep 2017, 21:44
Yup True Blue unfortunately every airline will likely be better off now. Much as easyJet annoy me capitalising on this they are at least being loyal to the Belfast market.

EGAC is Better
27th Sep 2017, 21:59
I have had flights cancelled to Lgw on 30th Oct. Have a look at current prices to London on Easyjet, would give you a heart attack.

The weekend of my cancelled flight (4 November), easyJet are now more expensive to Gatwick than BA are to Heathrow from City. Thankfully we got in early enough to miss a lot of the price hike.

inOban
27th Sep 2017, 22:09
These price hikes will be generated automatically by the booking computer. Expect them to settle down.

BTW are these flights all operated by 320s? If any are 319s, I would expect an upsize. Just don't expect fares below the real cost of your flight, which, I think, is somewhere in the region of £40-50, although I'm sure someone on the inside can tell us.

BFS BHD
28th Sep 2017, 03:18
Some better news...

Had a look at easyJets schedules for July 2018 and Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sunday nights need six aircraft (3x A319 & 3x A320).
So looks like there will be more changes soon... likely some new routes!
Hopefully routes like Corfu, Kos, Dalaman, Bodrum, Heraklion, Madrid that are underserved or not served!

BFS BHD
28th Sep 2017, 15:11
(3x A319 & 3x A320)

https://www.belfastairport.com/blog-news/2017/september/easyjet-announces-plans-for-expansion-at-belfast

GAZMO
28th Sep 2017, 17:28
Great news now just waiting on those new routes. Any speculation?

planedrive
28th Sep 2017, 17:39
When are new routes usually announced? Wouldn't be surprised to see some German routes if the deal with air Berlin goes through!

BFS BHD
28th Sep 2017, 17:51
Dubrovnik was announced around December last year. But they announced S18 a bit earlier this year so new routes may be announced sooner this year.

PPRuNeUser0176
28th Sep 2017, 17:54
Wonder if the extra aircraft was a rushed announcement after yesterdays bombshell. Other UK airports which are getting an extra one have not issued a press release yet.

A320.b744
28th Sep 2017, 18:15
The press release does mention easyJet's London flights a lot, so it could be the case

mart901
28th Sep 2017, 18:57
Wonder if the extra aircraft was a rushed announcement after yesterdays bombshell. Other UK airports which are getting an extra one have not issued a press release yet.

In fairness it looked like an extra aircraft was needed from the schedule release, 6 departures in a morning on some days. That said I'm sure LON will be part of the plan, FR woes will only further this

cuthere
28th Sep 2017, 21:10
easyJet should grow a pair and be as explicit in criticising FR as FR have been regarding EZY in the past. EZY’s withdrawal from the southern market springs to mind when FR slaughtered them. Having said that, I suppose BFS don’t want to pi$$ off FR and FR’s other routes.

Still. FR shafting an airport in Northern Ireland. Whodda thunk it?

SealinkBF
28th Sep 2017, 21:24
I wonder if the pilot shortage is a bigger problem than we think... I too am surprised that there has been no Ryanair style 'rescue fares' advertised. Perhaps the other airlines are of the opinion "there for the grace of god..."

True Blue
28th Sep 2017, 22:07
So is TCX keeping the A321 in Bfs next year, serviced by TCX themselves? I ask as I see the Plus option is available ex Bfs on the 321.

MaverickPrime
30th Sep 2017, 09:29
Last I heard, TCX would be operating a wet lease to cover their services from BFS next year. However, it is possible that replacing TCX crews with third party crews is part of the current TCX pilot industrial action, the A321 could possibly stay.

BFS BHD
2nd Oct 2017, 17:35
Belfast Service Still on the Radar for Turkish Airlines (http://www.nitravelnews.com/news-stories/3080-belfast-service-still-on-the-radar-for-turkish-airlines.html)

A320.b744
2nd Oct 2017, 18:30
I can't see Turkish Airlines coming to Belfast until at least 2019, but I think the route would work very well. TK have a route network that dwarfs those of the 'big three' Middle Eastern carriers, and the likely aircraft used (B739ER) with 16/135 configuration is a lot easier to fill than a B733 of Emirates. The route would help test the waters for one of the 'big three' eventually commencing Belfast flights.

BFS BHD
3rd Oct 2017, 12:04
I see Lufthansa is showing on the arrivals page from Frankfurt tomorrow.

FRANKFURT/MAIN DLH342 12:05

Any idea why?

BFS101
3rd Oct 2017, 12:19
Germany are playing Northern Ireland Thursday night in the World Cup Qualifiers. I would assume that may be the reason.

BFS BHD
3rd Oct 2017, 15:06
Oh yes I forgot about the football was on! Cheers!

EI-A330-300
3rd Oct 2017, 23:02
Surprised easyjet have not announced any extra capacity to London yet

El Bunto
4th Oct 2017, 05:48
With what, though? They've just cast their Summer 2018 schedule, the Winter 2017-2018 one has been set since early this year. Trying to find more capacity and crews in a big airline with just four weeks notice is quite an undertaking.

Credit to Ryanair, they know how to time their announcements to keep their competitors on edge or at bay.

GAZMO
4th Oct 2017, 06:26
Cannot see EZY putting on a massive number of extra flights, maybe a few extra hopefully over the busy xmas and new year period

MaverickPrime
4th Oct 2017, 14:57
When is BFS likely to get a new terminal! I can remember walking through the same blue bridge to the exteneded terminal when I was 4 years old!

I was also sitting at gate 27, I think, a few months ago waiting to board a flight. Whilst I was sitting there I notice a kids cartoon painted onto some wood stuck to the wall. I think the area used to be a crèche. Then I notice some writing on the cartoon, it said property of Airtours :eek:. Seriously, how long has Airtours been gone?

Anyhow, if BFS want to attract some full service airlines especially any of the ME3, then I think a major update of the terminal is in need!

True Blue
4th Oct 2017, 15:11
They could start with the canopy over the entrance. There is more water comes down through that than if you were actually out in the rain.

BFS BHD
4th Oct 2017, 16:34
Just saw this on BFS Facebook page:

Vote for Belfast to be Eurowings newest flight route & be in with the chance of winning return flights for 2 from Belfast-Cologne. Click here to vote: Eurowings - You vote. We fly. (http://www.vote-and-fly.com/)

BFS appears to be the 3rd most voted route so far. So get voting most voted route will be in their Summer 2018 schedules!

A320.b744
4th Oct 2017, 17:12
BFS is now in second place, but it is clear that Mostar, Belfast and Brac are by far the most popular destinations.

The good news is that even if BFS doesn't win, Eurowings will almost certainly commence Belfast flights at some point given that it's on their European shortlist.

GAZMO
4th Oct 2017, 17:18
Sitting at number two now after I voted

BFS BHD
4th Oct 2017, 17:29
Going to be hard to past Mostar. Hopefully they will see Belfast, Mostar and Brac are a way ahead of the rest and launch all three new routes!

BFS watcher
4th Oct 2017, 20:21
Looks like you can vote often a la Sinn Fein!

A320.b744
4th Oct 2017, 20:28
Then I urge everyone to vote often because BFS is back in 3rd place!

GAZMO
4th Oct 2017, 20:47
I've already voted twice:rolleyes:

BFS watcher
4th Oct 2017, 21:20
Old iPhone enabling me to vote quite a few times, everyone needs to get in this one.

A320.b744
4th Oct 2017, 21:26
I've voted over 150 times on the iPhone, and it definitely works as the BFS vote percentage goes up/down when I do/don't vote. Looks like supporters of Castellon and Mostar are voting multiple times too.

BFS BHD
4th Oct 2017, 21:39
I only seem to be able to vote only once!

A320.b744
4th Oct 2017, 21:43
On desktop you need to use an Incognito window, and then open a new window every time. On iPhone just open a new tab - if it doesn't work in a standard tab then use an incognito window as with desktop.

BFS BHD
4th Oct 2017, 22:49
Thanks A320.b744!

Any rumours of what new routes EasyJet are announcing for S18?

BHD2BFS
5th Oct 2017, 10:39
With regards to this route is it Belfast route in general or does it stipulate BFS?

Would be a bit of a let down for Bhd management as Brussels airlines is part of the LH group I would have thought they'd work hard to keep a huge company like that on their side whether a route was successful or not

GAZMO
5th Oct 2017, 11:24
It would be a let down for BFS if they did go to BHD as BFS seem to be the airport promoting the competition on their website and on their facebook page

Now slipped into fourth position!

BFS BHD
5th Oct 2017, 11:30
It will be from BFS if they get the route. Shows BFS logo in the video for Belfast!

Danmadole
6th Oct 2017, 07:59
Any chance this Eurowings vote thing is just a massive marketing ploy and these routes are going to happen no matter what? Seems overly presumptuous of BFS to claim ownership without some sort of prior knowledge.

BFS BHD
6th Oct 2017, 18:28
Lets hope it's just a marketing ploy and they announce all routes! Would be good as I don't think we will be coming in 1st place or even 3rd place in the vote now!

StevN
6th Oct 2017, 19:08
Looks like Belfast will drop below Shannon to 5th place soon. It's a shame local media haven't drawn it to people's attention. Would have been a great opportunity to attract a new service to Germany.

owenc
6th Oct 2017, 20:22
Belfast didn't say they were launching this route. Where are people getting this idea from?

El Bunto
7th Oct 2017, 09:23
Wow that's some sight, a pair of KC-10s in this morning. Presumably arrived overnight.

Can't remember the last time I saw a big trijet at Aldergrove. Maybe a World MD-11 in 2014 or so?

sealink
8th Oct 2017, 09:25
Im looking at FR flights BFS BGY and there is a flight on Thurs 2nd November operating by a BGY based a/c. Is my last top playing tricks?

GAZMO
8th Oct 2017, 17:40
Sealink - Probably school mid term break and an extra flight put on!

BFS BHD
12th Oct 2017, 14:31
Looking at Ryanair website I see Faro is not on sale for S18 but still appearing on the drop down list. Has it been confirmed if its been dropped it will it be added in a few weeks?

GAZMO
12th Oct 2017, 16:34
Nothing is ever certain as far as FR is concerned
I think they had a good summer so cannot see any reason why is would not continue. With Tuesday flight not going to Berlin I could see FAO at least three weekly for full season

BFS BHD
12th Oct 2017, 17:31
Lets hope Faro goes up to 3 weekly!
Still surprised they haven't started Palma yet!

owenc
16th Oct 2017, 00:58
Ryanair just emailed to say that my flight is cancelled tomorrow.

SecondDog
16th Oct 2017, 01:23
I would say there will be a few more before Ophelia is done.

owenc
16th Oct 2017, 01:58
Mines was at 11am, so they have probably cancelled all their flights.

GAZMO
16th Oct 2017, 05:02
At moment only the FR 11 am LGW cancelled and the GIrona flight

Certainly will be more..........3 X LHR, FAO and AMS cancelled down the road at BHD

johnref
16th Oct 2017, 07:08
I would say there will be a few more before Ophelia is done.

I dont hold much hope for evening flights - changed by 6pm Manchester to a 12 noon Liverpool and now waiting on the EasyJet App to beep with baited breath.

planedrive
16th Oct 2017, 08:38
easyJet say they're 'expecting' to operate a full schedule but to expect delays later in the day. Will certainly be fun operating into BFS this evening!

GAZMO
16th Oct 2017, 09:15
At least a choice of runways to choose from!

Another FR to LGW cancelled

BFS BHD
16th Oct 2017, 17:24
Wizz Air Katowice route off sale for S18?

Cozy F
16th Oct 2017, 19:17
Hardly a shock with two airlines flying Belfast - Krakow!

Wizz looking at other less congested opportunities in their territory from Belfast. What does anyone think - Bucharest, Budapest, Prague, Riga or Warsaw??

GAZMO
16th Oct 2017, 19:29
Budapest, Prague and Riga would be nice

mart901
16th Oct 2017, 19:36
Couldn't agree more

BFS BHD
16th Oct 2017, 19:38
Yes hopefully they add something to replace Katowice!

Any rumours of what new routes EasyJet may be announcing for S18?

Callum Paterson
16th Oct 2017, 20:32
The Wizz Air aircraft is Katowice based, not Belfast based. As such any new routes added will be from KTW, not Belfast.

GAZMO
19th Oct 2017, 11:24
Charter flight on for the footie fans

Travel Solutions have just announced its day trip Charter flight to Basel from Belfast Int.
Departing 12th November 2017...£419 per person
Price Includes:
-Return flights from Belfast Int to Basel
-Coach transfers to and from stadium
-Airport taxes and security charges
-Match ticket not included

BFS BHD
20th Oct 2017, 18:31
Any plans for Norwegian to expand or they happy with just operating to Newburgh and Providence?

AerRyan
20th Oct 2017, 18:34
Norwegian are actually decreasing slightly next year, moving one of the Stewart rotations to Shannon.

BFS BHD
24th Oct 2017, 17:41
Thomas Cook has released flights for Winter 2018/19.
Seems to be a few reductions to TFS.

GAZMO
24th Oct 2017, 17:52
Any news yet on the new easyJet routes?

mart901
24th Oct 2017, 18:01
Has anyone worked out is there actually capacity available or do the existing routes require the six aircraft?

BFS BHD
24th Oct 2017, 18:05
Yes a 6th Aircraft is need some days.

Here is a Sunday morning...
EZY6755 Malaga 06:00 A319
EZY6701 Alicante 06:10 A320
EZY6793 Faro 06:25 A319
EZY6783 Krakow 07:00 A319
EZY6707 Dubrovnik 07:05 A320
EZY6671 Barcelona 07:50 A320

Few other days need 6 six aircraft.

BFS101
24th Oct 2017, 18:27
Is there still an aircraft based at BFS for the winter, and flying every day? Cheers

BFS BHD
24th Oct 2017, 18:42
Yes appears to be based. No not flying everyday.

GAZMO
27th Oct 2017, 16:51
Stats now out eventually from for August
Overall good performance but GLA down 31%........thankfully additional domestic flights next summer

BFS BHD
27th Oct 2017, 17:57
Last Wizz Air service to Katowice tomorrow for good.

And last Ryanair services to Gatwick tomorrow until March.

Refuellerman
27th Oct 2017, 19:23
Back again for more fun and laughter boys and girls, apparently more in the way of the big military busses coming through in the future, global trek, trying to step it up a gear and push for the heavies

BFS BHD
27th Oct 2017, 19:38
Yes great to see them doing good! Going to need a bigger apron soon Delta was full today with one C130 and then some smaller stuff from Woodgate and Juliet Apron had three C130s parked up on it.

Refuellerman
27th Oct 2017, 20:08
Sometimes the juliet apron and the 35 tango aprons are used.

SecondDog
28th Oct 2017, 11:08
Come on guys, first rule of Fight Club.....

A320.b744
28th Oct 2017, 16:38
CAA August stats are out - here are the highlights.

592,045 passengers used BFS in August, an increase of 11% on last year.

Domestic passenger numbers are pretty flat, with falls in BHX (-7%), GLA (-31%), but increases in LTN (+10%), BRS (+8%).

Huge growth in passenger numbers to Croatia thanks to easyJet expanding operations - DBV (+221%) and SPU (+78%).

Large growth on Portuguese and Spanish routes, including FAO (+42%), ALC (+52%), IBZ (+49%), MAH (+39%), AGP (+68%), LPA (+299%).

Ryanair's central and Eastern European routes were nearly all operating at over 90% capacity; SXF (98%), BGY (92%), GDN (94%), WMI (93%), WRO (80%), KRK (98%).

Norwegian's routes are doing okay, with SWF performing a lot better than PVD. SWF 4,034 pax (83%) and PVD 2,315 pax (69%)

Refuellerman
28th Oct 2017, 22:18
Serious growth for bfs sometimes hundreds of percent, but how long can it last?

AerRyan
28th Oct 2017, 22:30
Not long, ryanair has alot to do with the growth.

A320.b744
28th Oct 2017, 22:54
Quite a lot of the growth comes from Ryanair, given these figures represent the first August that some of these routes were operated by the airline. However, Thomson caused the huge growth in figures to LPA, and Thomas Cook caused the growth in IBZ figures. Both easyJet and Jet2 are boosting figures as well. Next year we'll see further growth on some easyJet and Jet2 routes, given that they are both basing larger aircraft at BFS next year.

The most important figure to look at however is the overall growth, which was 11% for August 2017.

mart901
29th Oct 2017, 01:19
Also apart from EZY and LS basing larger a/c they are both adding an additional one. The figures for Norwegian are actually pretty good, Aug was only their second month of operation.... flew to SWF recently I'd say was about 80% maybe a tad more.

El Bunto
29th Oct 2017, 09:19
Come on guys, first rule of Fight Club..... Perhaps should be usurped by the zeroth rule: "If you don't want civvies talking about your aeroplanes, don't use civvy airports"

Look, these machines are fitted with pretty awesome defensive systems. They're better protected than any civilian aircraft, perhaps with the exception of some Israeli airframes. They're designed to fly into places where they're not welcome. Some spotters talking excitedly about them doesn't pose a risk.

AerRyan
29th Oct 2017, 09:22
Also apart from EZY and LS basing larger a/c they are both adding an additional one. The figures for Norwegian are actually pretty good, Aug was only their second month of operation.... flew to SWF recently I'd say was about 80% maybe a tad more.

Numbers seem somewhat okay (AUG is a peak month may I add), however yields are muck, hence the reason why there's a loss of a SWF rotation.

Granted their method of operation was never going to be a goldmine.

Refuellerman
29th Oct 2017, 10:23
Perhaps should be usurped by the zeroth rule: "If you don't want civvies talking about your aeroplanes, don't use civvy airports"

Look, these machines are fitted with pretty awesome defensive systems. They're better protected than any civilian aircraft, perhaps with the exception of some Israeli airframes. They're designed to fly into places where they're not welcome. Some spotters talking excitedly about them doesn't pose a risk.

Indeed, its hardly secret hush hush if they are sitting out on the airfield wer every1 can see them

Refuellerman
31st Oct 2017, 09:58
B737-800 of jet 2 arrives today, any1 know if we will be back till 2 or 3 fr aircraft next summer?

irishlad06
31st Oct 2017, 14:00
GJZHH will be positioning from LBA later today.

BFS BHD
1st Nov 2017, 00:40
Seems G-JZHH didn't position in yesterday. Must be due in today sometime now.

BFS BHD
2nd Nov 2017, 18:54
Looks like the full schedule is out for W18/19:

Alicante - 0-2 weekly
Fuerteventura - 1 Weekly
Gran Canaria - 1 Weekly
Lanzarote - 2-3 Weekly
Funchal - 1 Weekly
Tenerife - 2-3 Weekly

All appear to be operated by B738. Looks like its two based.

Plane.Silly
3rd Nov 2017, 07:44
All appear to be operated by B738. Looks like its two based.

Assuming Only 1 rotation per day, on 2 a/c = 14 rotations (-11 listed) that leaves 3 slots for others. Could they bring some Ski flights in? or a new route perhaps?

inOban
3rd Nov 2017, 08:39
During the winter Jet2 use their a/c quite lightly. At EDI the number used each day ranges from 0 on a Wednesday to 4 yesterday.

Plane.Silly
3rd Nov 2017, 09:07
But surely with the new planes entering the fleet, they'll need to get some decent use out of them? no point spending mills on new planes to have them sat on the ground.

Back when they only had old 733's, they could afford to leave them, as the costs would have already been paid for, which made sense. Now they need to pay the new 738's off, and the only way you'll do that is extra flying.

inOban
3rd Nov 2017, 09:38
Certainly the 738's are used most days, since they operate the flights to the canaries and Madeira. I'm sure other posters know which are new and which s/h.