Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Edinburgh-4

Old 14th Nov 2023, 23:20
  #1901 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Southampton
Posts: 118
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ld0595
Makes sense - hasn't realised Gatwick had been dropped. Cheers!
Westjet seasonal service between Calgary and London Gatwick will not operate for the summer 2024.

Westjet have not entirely dropped London Gatwick for summer 2024. Westjet are to return to London Gatwick for seasonal service in 2024 with two additional destinations.

Westjet are to operate seasonal service between Halifax and London Gatwick with four weekly flight's by B73M.

Westjet are to operate seasonal service between St John's and London Gatwick with upto three weekly flight's B73M.

Last edited by Sotonsean; 15th Nov 2023 at 18:47.
Sotonsean is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2023, 12:31
  #1902 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 227
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Official confirmation on WestJet

https://corporate.edinburghairport.c...t-routes-added
tartan 201 is online now  
Old 15th Nov 2023, 13:10
  #1903 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Edin
Posts: 420
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tartan 201
Flights on sale now. As expected, 7M8 will operate on the Toronto and Halifax routes. Very short flight time eastbound out of Halifax, Scheduled 5hrs 24 mins. With a favourable wind, you can probably take at least an hour off the published flight time.
Planeraz is online now  
Old 15th Nov 2023, 17:49
  #1904 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LV
Posts: 2,296
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im sure YHZ was used 75% + for onward connections. Be interesting to see where those pax come from (and go) and if AC tries to flood things.
WestJet seem to be not sure on their philosophy with lots of chopping and changing.
Think id choose 787 (short flight or not) if given the choice.
CabinCrewe is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2023, 17:59
  #1905 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 377
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CabinCrewe
Im sure YHZ was used 75% + for onward connections. Be interesting to see where those pax come from (and go) and if AC tries to flood things.
WestJet seem to be not sure on their philosophy with lots of chopping and changing.
Think id choose 787 (short flight or not) if given the choice.
Seriously considering a week or two in Nova Scotia myself so the Halifax service is quite attractive and a short enough flight.
A350Saltire is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2023, 19:18
  #1906 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Edin
Posts: 420
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC v WS

Air Canada appear to be reacting to WS re-entry into the Toronto market by slashing prices. Last week, a round trip to YYZ in economy (1 x week duration - 3rd week in June) with a checked bag was £890. As of a few minutes ago, the price is now £609. WS price on same dates with a checked bag - £1025. A price war underway?
Planeraz is online now  
Old 16th Nov 2023, 01:22
  #1907 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not all WestJet seats are the same!

Originally Posted by CabinCrewe
Im sure YHZ was used 75% + for onward connections. Be interesting to see where those pax come from (and go) and if AC tries to flood things.
WestJet seem to be not sure on their philosophy with lots of chopping and changing.
Think id choose 787 (short flight or not) if given the choice.
From experience, the 737M Premium seats are vastly superior to 787 Premium Economy, but no Biz on the Max.
YVRscot is offline  
Old 16th Nov 2023, 08:14
  #1908 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delta -EDI to BOS

Apologies if this information is already buried within the thread but have Delta stopped flying direct to Boston or is it just seasonal?
TriBeCa is offline  
Old 16th Nov 2023, 08:21
  #1909 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 99
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TriBeCa
Apologies if this information is already buried within the thread but have Delta stopped flying direct to Boston or is it just seasonal?
Seasonal. Scheduled to restart 9/5/24 eastbound.
Link Kilo is offline  
Old 17th Nov 2023, 08:30
  #1910 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: U.K.
Posts: 44
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if easyJet EDI-FCO operates during the summer? Currently on sale for a few dates in March only.
PinOnTheRight is offline  
Old 17th Nov 2023, 08:42
  #1911 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 99
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PinOnTheRight
Does anyone know if easyJet EDI-FCO operates during the summer? Currently on sale for a few dates in March only.
The few flights that are on sale are for the Six Nations.
Link Kilo is offline  
Old 17th Nov 2023, 11:00
  #1912 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: U.K.
Posts: 44
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Link Kilo
The few flights that are on sale are for the Six Nations.
Thank you, never even thought of that. That explains the few dates from GLA too.
PinOnTheRight is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2023, 13:22
  #1913 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sometimes north, sometimes south
Posts: 1,809
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Planeraz
AC v WS

Air Canada appear to be reacting to WS re-entry into the Toronto market by slashing prices. Last week, a round trip to YYZ in economy (1 x week duration - 3rd week in June) with a checked bag was £890. As of a few minutes ago, the price is now £609. WS price on same dates with a checked bag - £1025. A price war underway?
Well maybe. But AC have also reacted by just cancelling Toronto flights. We were booked for early April and now told only option is via Frankfurt.
NorthSouth is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2023, 13:54
  #1914 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Age: 42
Posts: 1,559
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NorthSouth
Well maybe. But AC have also reacted by just cancelling Toronto flights. We were booked for early April and now told only option is via Frankfurt.
WestJet aren't flying out of EDI to Toronto in April though, they begin in June.
Skipness One Foxtrot is online now  
Old 21st Nov 2023, 14:21
  #1915 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Edin
Posts: 420
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NorthSouth
Well maybe. But AC have also reacted by just cancelling Toronto flights. We were booked for early April and now told only option is via Frankfurt.
It would appear that Air Canada is the process of adjusting or changing something, One to watch.
Planeraz is online now  
Old 21st Nov 2023, 14:45
  #1916 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Edin
Posts: 420
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The soon to be publicly released ACL indicates QR may go 3 x daily. Wouldn’t this be something.
Planeraz is online now  
Old 22nd Nov 2023, 01:21
  #1917 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Falkirk
Posts: 268
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Planeraz
The soon to be publicly released ACL indicates QR may go 3 x daily. Wouldnít this be something.
Ö.still eagerly awaiting EK return. Do they still appear on the ACL report for NS24?
Sk1schoolsam is online now  
Old 22nd Nov 2023, 11:54
  #1918 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 377
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sk1schoolsam
Ö.still eagerly awaiting EK return. Do they still appear on the ACL report for NS24?
Iím not sure what I think about EK returning tbh. Part of me wants to see QR continue to go from strength to strength. DOH is a much better airport to transit through than DXB.

Having said that the new Terminal A at AUH looks great too so perhaps EY returning at some point given they want to grow again would be better for EDI.
A350Saltire is offline  
Old 22nd Nov 2023, 13:37
  #1919 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Edin
Posts: 420
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A350Saltire
Iím not sure what I think about EK returning tbh. Part of me wants to see QR continue to go from strength to strength. DOH is a much better airport to transit through than DXB.

Having said that the new Terminal A at AUH looks great too so perhaps EY returning at some point given they want to grow again would be better for EDI.
QR in recent articles do not hide their ambition to tap into the rapidly growing Indian market. Presumably, they see this as a good opportunity or reason to expand capacity at airports like EDI. Their friends at EK, currently command the lion share of transfer pax from that region into Glasgow. You have to ask why (as yet) they havenít reintroduced the second daily rotation at GLA? Glasgow isnít even mentioned in the most recent reports about expansion in S24. They may claim itís purely down to aircraft availability or staffing issues. On the other hand, could it be the case they when the new aircraft arrive, EK May move east along the M8?

Etihad returning is another interesting one. They have restructured, have a an amazing new hub, ready to accommodate more aircraft. They have already announced some expansion plans to airports on the continent. New management team in place now with a more stable financial position. Not out of the question that they could return for another shot.
Planeraz is online now  
Old 22nd Nov 2023, 14:03
  #1920 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 136
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many weekly flights did Qatar have in 2019?

I also spoke with a number of airlines at trade events within the last 6 weeks who repeatedly made the same point about TATL flights. America is benefitting from the exchange rate, when that improves they expect the market to flatline roughly where it is now, the problem is nobody knows when that will be.

The second point raised was prices from the UK going East are much higher than prices going West. They all said that as more seats become available going East and prices fall they expect TATL flying to be impacted.

I know at least 1 airline was looking at plans to launch EDI flights and shelved them due to market uncertainty, amongst other issues specific to EDI.

​​​​​
GeorgeNTravels is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.