Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Jet2-6

Old 29th Mar 2023, 18:19
  #1041 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: stockport
Posts: 442
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no G-SUNA as that is/was from memory a motor glider or light aircraft, infact just checked it was w/o in 2017 so G-SUNB is the first
chaps1954 is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2023, 18:26
  #1042 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: stockport
Posts: 442
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It had an interesting accident in US





















chaps1954 is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2023, 18:33
  #1043 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: NW England
Posts: 172
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to planespotters.net, the 321s were originally given G-JZDx registrations, which in my opinion would've fitted with the fleet nicer. G-SUNB was G-JZDA, SUNC was JZDB, SUND was JZDC et cetera
laviation is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2023, 19:13
  #1044 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 7,825
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Leisure operator Jet2 was the only top five UK-based airline to carry more passengers in 2022 than it did prior to the pandemic in 2019, according to data from the country’s Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).

Passenger numbers at the UK’s two biggest airlines, EasyJet and British Airways, were down 36% and 31%, respectively, in 2022, compared with 2019.
However, Jet2, the country’s third largest carrier, saw its passenger numbers increase by 8% in the same comparison period, the CAA’s data shows.Jet2 carried 15.5 million passengers last year, up from 14.3 million in 2019, according to the CAA data. EasyJet UK’s passenger numbers fell from 51.8 million in 2019 to 33.1 million last year, while the number of passengers carried by BA dropped to 30.7 million in 2022 from 44.4 million in 2019.

The data shows that Virgin Atlantic’s passenger numbers declined by one quarter to 4.1 million in 2022 versus 2019.
https://www.flightglobal.com/airline...152671.article
SWBKCB is offline  
Old 31st Mar 2023, 06:21
  #1045 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laviation
According to planespotters.net, the 321s were originally given G-JZDx registrations, which in my opinion would've fitted with the fleet nicer. G-SUNB was G-JZDA, SUNC was JZDB, SUND was JZDC et cetera
Thats right. But this was before they took the ex Flyr aircraft which are now using the JZD registrations. This makes more sense and follows the rest of the 738s I suppose.
ATNE is offline  
Old 31st Mar 2023, 15:39
  #1046 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wallsend
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like G-SUNB is getting ready to leave Hamburg on it's delivery flight
Wallsendmag is online now  
Old 31st Mar 2023, 17:44
  #1047 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Co
Posts: 108
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delivery flight planned tomorrow into EMA for paint to be finished before going to MAN
irishlad06 is offline  
Old 31st Mar 2023, 21:50
  #1048 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bristol
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any hint of a new livery? This would be the perfect time. Or is it a case of if itís not particularly broken, why fix it?

Kind regards

BristolexFlyer
BristolexFlyer is offline  
Old 31st Mar 2023, 22:56
  #1049 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: stockport
Posts: 442
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe holiday scheme
chaps1954 is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2023, 11:07
  #1050 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Here and there
Posts: 2,784
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It arrived at EMA this morning. I would like to see one of the new Airbus turned out in a retro Channex livery
tubby linton is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2023, 13:23
  #1051 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Little England
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a few questions with regards to Jet2's continued expansion. We've seen then rise from a relatively small and niche operator to the UK's second largest tour operator and it's all been done organically which is very impressive.

Can Jet2 grow in the same manner over the next 10 years as they have done in the past 10 years? Or do we think Jet2 has reached maturity?

If we are predicting further growth, where do we see this?

Any realistic suggestions of new bases such as Gatwick? Or will they focus primarily on growing existing bases? Will we see new destinations within Europe? There can't now be many beach destinations in Europe left unserved by Jet2. Do we see them adding new destinations that until now Jet2 has tended to stay clear off, the likes of Egypt, Morocco, Cape Verde, etc?

Unlikely IMO but could we see Jet2 launch their product from other source markets such maybe Ireland, Germany or Scandinavia?
Republican is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2023, 13:42
  #1052 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,834
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plenty of markets to expand into without going so far as Egypt and Cabo Verde. Obvious one is Romania, who's Black Sea resorts ought to be ripe for development. Then there's Georgia and Albania too. TUI are developing in Morocco and though very much Francophone resorts destinations other than Hammamet and Souse are very much underserved from UK.

Just takes a bit more taste for adventure from Mr and Mrs 'average' bucket and spade customer.
ATNotts is online now  
Old 1st Apr 2023, 13:42
  #1053 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: NW England
Posts: 172
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Istanbul would be a logical add as the Turkey Teeth Express.
laviation is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2023, 13:52
  #1054 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: NI
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Republican
I have a few questions with regards to Jet2's continued expansion. We've seen then rise from a relatively small and niche operator to the UK's second largest tour operator and it's all been done organically which is very impressive.

Can Jet2 grow in the same manner over the next 10 years as they have done in the past 10 years? Or do we think Jet2 has reached maturity?

If we are predicting further growth, where do we see this?

Any realistic suggestions of new bases such as Gatwick? Or will they focus primarily on growing existing bases? Will we see new destinations within Europe? There can't now be many beach destinations in Europe left unserved by Jet2. Do we see them adding new destinations that until now Jet2 has tended to stay clear off, the likes of Egypt, Morocco, Cape Verde, etc?

Unlikely IMO but could we see Jet2 launch their product from other source markets such maybe Ireland, Germany or Scandinavia?
As an travel agency owner, their success has been as a result of two key factors - excellent customer service (particularly during the pandemic when they were by far the best operator for refunds etc) and also, unlike TUI, they have fostered excellent relationships with the travel trade. In turn, this means we support them. Circa 50% of my companies overall business is with Jet2 Holidays - not necessarily on purpose, but they are just our go to as we know generally customers will repeat after travelling with them.

easyJet Holidays are probably the biggest threat overall to their current growth trajectory - whilst not offering the same level of service, they do price exceptionally well most of the time and are spending £££ on above the line advertising at the minute.

As I have previously posted, I do not believe they will launch Cape Verde anytime soon - the accommodation market on the islands is dominated by TUI. Egypt they did have on sale pre-Sharm terror attacks so it is a possibility but also a very price sensitive market and I am sure they will see better ways to utilise the aircraft.

There is still a lot of room for them to expand their current programmes from some of the smaller bases (BFS/NCL/EMA/BHX/GLA) without having to go far away from their core existing destinations

Personally I can see additional bases opening with the delivery of the new aircraft - BOH seems to be an obvious choice based on the local demographic and strong travel trade in the area, but wouldn't be surprised to see the like of NWI/EXT/ABZ/INV at some point in the future too
Derry321 is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2023, 15:13
  #1055 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Age: 66
Posts: 630
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Derry321
As an travel agency owner, their success has been as a result of two key factors - excellent customer service (particularly during the pandemic when they were by far the best operator for refunds etc) and also, unlike TUI, they have fostered excellent relationships with the travel trade. In turn, this means we support them. Circa 50% of my companies overall business is with Jet2 Holidays - not necessarily on purpose, but they are just our go to as we know generally customers will repeat after travelling with them.

easyJet Holidays are probably the biggest threat overall to their current growth trajectory - whilst not offering the same level of service, they do price exceptionally well most of the time and are spending £££ on above the line advertising at the minute.

As I have previously posted, I do not believe they will launch Cape Verde anytime soon - the accommodation market on the islands is dominated by TUI. Egypt they did have on sale pre-Sharm terror attacks so it is a possibility but also a very price sensitive market and I am sure they will see better ways to utilise the aircraft.

There is still a lot of room for them to expand their current programmes from some of the smaller bases (BFS/NCL/EMA/BHX/GLA) without having to go far away from their core existing destinations

Personally I can see additional bases opening with the delivery of the new aircraft - BOH seems to be an obvious choice based on the local demographic and strong travel trade in the area, but wouldn't be surprised to see the like of NWI/EXT/ABZ/INV at some point in the future too

Great post and similar to one of mine a few weeks back -

Cape Verde, Tunisia and Egypt are not on Jet2's radar - and I doubt ever will be in the near term...

Tunisia and Egypt were both once the ''darlings of the Brits'', but ongoing security issues there etc and from The Arab Spring days have decimated that market for UK package holidays and basically finished off Monarch Airlines in the end too.
Egypt has had some recovery of late, but Jet2 will not get its fingers burned.
Banjul ? - nope...

Jet2 in the South of England have done well at STN and now BRS, but although BOH Hurn was their 'spiritual home' we now see Ryanair firmly entrenched there, and TUI are being cautious on further expansion out of both BOH and EXT since Covid-19.

SOU >?
Well, no good at all for flying full load 737-800's in or out of there,
but the new A320Neo maybe a different scenario with the slightly longer runway due to be completed.
Not sure if Jet2 would set up a new Base there - watch this space - as SOU would probably love Jet2 to come in with the right aircraft and fly the right routes.

rog747 is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2023, 20:32
  #1056 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 91
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
Great post and similar to one of mine a few weeks back -

Cape Verde, Tunisia and Egypt are not on Jet2's radar - and I doubt ever will be in the near term...

Tunisia and Egypt were both once the ''darlings of the Brits'', but ongoing security issues there etc and from The Arab Spring days have decimated that market for UK package holidays and basically finished off Monarch Airlines in the end too.
Egypt has had some recovery of late, but Jet2 will not get its fingers burned.
Banjul ? - nope...

Jet2 in the South of England have done well at STN and now BRS, but although BOH Hurn was their 'spiritual home' we now see Ryanair firmly entrenched there, and TUI are being cautious on further expansion out of both BOH and EXT since Covid-19.

SOU >?
Well, no good at all for flying full load 737-800's in or out of there,
but the new A320Neo maybe a different scenario with the slightly longer runway due to be completed.
Not sure if Jet2 would set up a new Base there - watch this space - as SOU would probably love Jet2 to come in with the right aircraft and fly the right routes.
Jet2 utilise the SFP 738 so donít rule them out from basing at SOU. They are a prime candidate to operate a 2/3 aircraft base along with EZY and Iím sure either airline would make a very successful go of it. TUI are also one to keep an eye on as Iím not sure they are fully committed to BOH with RYR being so dominant!
SouthernAlliance is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2023, 23:43
  #1057 (permalink)  
pug
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: A post-punk postcard fair
Posts: 1,269
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SouthernAlliance
Jet2 utilise the SFP 738 so donít rule them out from basing at SOU. They are a prime candidate to operate a 2/3 aircraft base along with EZY and Iím sure either airline would make a very successful go of it. TUI are also one to keep an eye on as Iím not sure they are fully committed to BOH with RYR being so dominant!
I think LGW, after that there is probably no need to open any more bases in the U.K.
pug is online now  
Old 2nd Apr 2023, 00:00
  #1058 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 5,430
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
When you're a solid number one in a particular market... it's usually a sign to expand your product offering. Jet2 can carry on flogging the beach-holiday model... but (as has been mentioned) I think they either need to expand to other countries - maybe Benelux - or they need to tread on the toes of other LCCs a little bit more. I'm wondering if the city break market combined with some package holiday hand-holding of people who are maybe a little nervous about visiting a city where English isn't the primary language might be a suitable market
davidjohnson6 is online now  
Old 2nd Apr 2023, 07:00
  #1059 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Age: 66
Posts: 630
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SouthernAlliance
Jet2 utilise the SFP 738 so don’t rule them out from basing at SOU. They are a prime candidate to operate a 2/3 aircraft base along with EZY and I’m sure either airline would make a very successful go of it.

TUI are also one to keep an eye on as I’m not sure they are fully committed to BOH with RYR being so dominant!
I agree that TUI have shown that they are not (or maybe not) so committed to the expansion (as yet) back to pre-Covid levels they had planned for both BOH and EXT when they had intended to share an extra aircraft a week between them in the summer, plus utilise their own each based 738.
They have cautiously for this summer, added another BOH-RHO (using an Aegean charter) another Turkey flight (using Freebird) and an extra PMI (using Alba Star, who also serve EXT)
The Winter programme is basically all Canaries from BOH and EXT.

So, I cannot see for now Jet2 going to BOH when Ryanair are getting more established there,
however as we all know they could upsticks and go at anytime on a whim - we have seen it happen before.
Would they go head to head right now with TUI there <>?
IMHO, no.
(Nor would they think a LGW Base is a good plan too)

Time & time again folk say about the 738 going into SOU - It simply cannot 'economically and safely at HGW's' - even with the new 164m extra bit of concrete being built -
SOU is not SEN.

TUI have added its own charters from SOU to Palma (now 2 a week this summer) but using the BACF E190's (98 seats) which is a good fit, and they sell well.
But what happens if BACF do not come back to SOU for summer 2024 >?

I do think that Jet2 at SOU is one to watch in the longer term, but not with 738's - it would have to be the A320N and Jet2 do not normally fly 'W patterns' - so they would need to decide if a Base at SOU was viable.
If TUI fall away again from SOU (as they have done in the past) then Jet2 Holidays from SOU would do very well IMHO.

Jet2 Holidays are now the UK's package holiday market leader, knocking TUI off their perch as now the UK's largest tour operator.
That is some accolade to achieve in a few short years.
We lost Thomas Cook Holidays and the airline, the Libra Holidays Group/XL Airways, and Cosmos/Monarch Airlines in the past decade or so.

Jet2 know what they doing, and they do it well -
Package Holidays are getting a re-birth, and so why would they want to mess with it -
We have seen so many Companies in the past dabble with ''this and that'' then return to its core product market -
Monarch was one; they might have just survived had they returned to its charters and package holidays - the rumour was that's what they were about to think about.

TUI did really well at DSA Doncaster with a large base there - IF the DSA airport reopens then I do wonder if Jet2 would go in >?
Again watch that space...well, Jet2 are the 'Darlings of North'.


I had wanted to mention about Easyjet Holidays - they do sell - but do not have the same product ethos as a TUI or a Jet2 Package Holiday.
British Airways Holidays may well expand with the LGW Euro Flyer program and start a Package Holidays Brochure.

Last edited by rog747; 2nd Apr 2023 at 07:15. Reason: some additions and updates
rog747 is offline  
Old 2nd Apr 2023, 08:20
  #1060 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 91
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
SOU is not SEN.
Interested to understand this as wonít both airports almost be identical with airfield technical dimensions?
SouthernAlliance is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.