PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2023, 15:13
rog747

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Derry321
As an travel agency owner, their success has been as a result of two key factors - excellent customer service (particularly during the pandemic when they were by far the best operator for refunds etc) and also, unlike TUI, they have fostered excellent relationships with the travel trade. In turn, this means we support them. Circa 50% of my companies overall business is with Jet2 Holidays - not necessarily on purpose, but they are just our go to as we know generally customers will repeat after travelling with them.

easyJet Holidays are probably the biggest threat overall to their current growth trajectory - whilst not offering the same level of service, they do price exceptionally well most of the time and are spending £££ on above the line advertising at the minute.

As I have previously posted, I do not believe they will launch Cape Verde anytime soon - the accommodation market on the islands is dominated by TUI. Egypt they did have on sale pre-Sharm terror attacks so it is a possibility but also a very price sensitive market and I am sure they will see better ways to utilise the aircraft.

There is still a lot of room for them to expand their current programmes from some of the smaller bases (BFS/NCL/EMA/BHX/GLA) without having to go far away from their core existing destinations

Personally I can see additional bases opening with the delivery of the new aircraft - BOH seems to be an obvious choice based on the local demographic and strong travel trade in the area, but wouldn't be surprised to see the like of NWI/EXT/ABZ/INV at some point in the future too

Great post and similar to one of mine a few weeks back -

Cape Verde, Tunisia and Egypt are not on Jet2's radar - and I doubt ever will be in the near term...

Tunisia and Egypt were both once the ''darlings of the Brits'', but ongoing security issues there etc and from The Arab Spring days have decimated that market for UK package holidays and basically finished off Monarch Airlines in the end too.
Egypt has had some recovery of late, but Jet2 will not get its fingers burned.
Banjul ? - nope...

Jet2 in the South of England have done well at STN and now BRS, but although BOH Hurn was their 'spiritual home' we now see Ryanair firmly entrenched there, and TUI are being cautious on further expansion out of both BOH and EXT since Covid-19.

SOU >?
Well, no good at all for flying full load 737-800's in or out of there,
but the new A320Neo maybe a different scenario with the slightly longer runway due to be completed.
Not sure if Jet2 would set up a new Base there - watch this space - as SOU would probably love Jet2 to come in with the right aircraft and fly the right routes.