Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Jet2-6

Old 14th Jul 2022, 08:41
  #621 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 30 Miles from the A1
Posts: 457
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very amused by the BBCs latest air travel chaos piece this morning as they transferred to the jet2 check in area at EMA. The check in hall was deserted at 0815, as all 6 jet2 aircraft had departed on time by 0800 (as had all 6 FR). All the correspondent said was I promise you it was busy. Great advert for travelling with jet2 from EMA!
2Planks is offline  
Old 14th Jul 2022, 09:22
  #622 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Essex
Posts: 1,398
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very amused by the BBCs latest air travel chaos piece this morning as they transferred to the jet2 check in area at EMA. The check in hall was deserted at 0815, as all 6 jet2 aircraft had departed on time by 0800 (as had all 6 FR). All the correspondent said was I promise you it was busy. Great advert for travelling with jet2 from EMA!
It's just the nature of these regional airports, similar aircraft utilisation on similar sector lengths, but it does feel Jet2 especially seem to do this bunching of flights on purpose. In NCL the other day all 8 Jet2 aircraft were scheduled out within one hour during the afternoon. Considering they have their own check-in and ground handling resource, you'd feel it would make better use of those to spread the schedule a bit.

I get the logic at the destination end, so multiple flights can use the same resort transfers, but not so much in the UK. Guessing Jet2 have crunched the data and do what works for them, but it seems an inefficiency to me.
FRatSTN is offline  
Old 14th Jul 2022, 14:12
  #623 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Out of a bag
Posts: 603
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FRatSTN View Post
It's just the nature of these regional airports, similar aircraft utilisation on similar sector lengths, but it does feel Jet2 especially seem to do this bunching of flights on purpose. In NCL the other day all 8 Jet2 aircraft were scheduled out within one hour during the afternoon. Considering they have their own check-in and ground handling resource, you'd feel it would make better use of those to spread the schedule a bit.

I get the logic at the destination end, so multiple flights can use the same resort transfers, but not so much in the UK. Guessing Jet2 have crunched the data and do what works for them, but it seems an inefficiency to me.
Aircraft don't make money sitting on the ground. Where's the inefficiency, assuming they get off when scheduled.
Flying Wild is offline  
Old 14th Jul 2022, 14:17
  #624 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Essex
Posts: 1,398
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aircraft don't make money sitting on the ground. Where's the inefficiency, assuming they get off when scheduled.
Totally agree with all those points, but that doesn't mean they have to bunch their schedule to quite the extreme they tend to.
FRatSTN is offline  
Old 14th Jul 2022, 16:59
  #625 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: 0ft
Posts: 162
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FRatSTN View Post

Totally agree with all those points, but that doesn't mean they have to bunch their schedule to quite the extreme they tend to.
Schedules are not just bunched together for the fun. The big factor here is runway slots that Jet2 can obtain both from destination and Newcastle. Destination includes arrival and departure. Then work backwards in terms of flight time/block time. If theyíve been given some runway slots but cannot space the programme out bunching occurs.
LBAflyer22 is offline  
Old 15th Jul 2022, 13:14
  #626 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London
Posts: 637
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2Planks View Post
Very amused by the BBCs latest air travel chaos piece this morning as they transferred to the jet2 check in area at EMA. The check in hall was deserted at 0815, as all 6 jet2 aircraft had departed on time by 0800 (as had all 6 FR). All the correspondent said was I promise you it was busy. Great advert for travelling with jet2 from EMA!
I saw the same piece. Certainly did nothing to dent the public's reception of Jet2 being "one of the good 'uns"
SealinkBF is offline  
Old 22nd Jul 2022, 19:49
  #627 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 5,012
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems that Jet2 will not return to Amsterdam Schiphol
https://luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/c...hiphol-vaarwel
davidjohnson6 is online now  
Old 22nd Jul 2022, 21:32
  #628 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 58
Posts: 3,206
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amsterdam

Originally Posted by davidjohnson6 View Post
It seems that Jet2 will not return to Amsterdam Schiphol
https://luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/c...hiphol-vaarwel
The speed in which the destination was removed was the biggest clue that it might not be coming back, almost only a few days after the suspension was announced it was gone from the booking engine unlike La Rochelle from BHX which 6 months later is still in the booking engine but not bookable. BHX somehow won't mind as 4 operators on one route was never going to last although easyjet have virtually gone until September, often only operating weekly.

A testing time today I see with BHX going to 14 based aircraft almost requiring 16 aircraft to get them through but one of the A321's has had its holiday cut short in Mahon and is now flying under an SmartLynx call-sign heading for Malta so I assume going for a bit of TLC. It landed Mahon 12:25 on the 20th and not moved until this evening.

The other rescue aircraft for the 01:55 inbound from Antalya (B73H replacing the A321 yesterday afternoon) was showing for BHX this evening but FR24 & BHX show it has been redirected to Manchester. Mind you surprised Manchester allowing a non-MAN flight with passengers to process and that will be close on a day late for the pax once they get the coach back to BHX. I assume if yesterday afternoons outbound was full the unlucky 31 get to wait a day or go from another airport?

I trust some part of todays delays was down to ATC slots as all airlines seem to affected to some degree.

Looks like just two flights to go today at BHX (one 4 hours late and the other 2.30) so that will make all 29 out of 29 on the outbounds at least.

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 2nd Aug 2022, 08:32
  #629 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Beyond the Blue Horizon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With Jet 2 again this evening from LBA to Palma as we have a wedding to attend, so tacking a few days leave on. Looks like an oldish 737 300 (25 years) and I have not flown from LBA since early 2000,s so will be interesting to compare with Manchester base. Back from Palma Sunday to Munich.

Cheers
MrMac
Mr Mac is offline  
Old 3rd Aug 2022, 11:10
  #630 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Beyond the Blue Horizon
Age: 62
Posts: 1,000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight down good with extra leg room seats across the middle and empty seats all across the middle so we both got windows seats. Cleared Palma in 30 min but 40 min in Gold Car to get rental. Leeds Bradford interesting and busy and they desperately need a new terminal as extremely warm in areas. Used the Runway lounge which had good views but poor food, and little Ice and no Lemons or Limes in fact no fruit at all, and I know first world problems but at £30 + each you should get that.

Cheers
Mr Mac
Mr Mac is offline  
Old 3rd Aug 2022, 13:43
  #631 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 938
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice to see Jet2 giving BHX - NCE another go for S23 twice weekly May -Oct.

GayFriendly is offline  
Old 3rd Aug 2022, 18:26
  #632 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 565
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given the latest Monkey Pox stats I suspect that the latest Jet2 email advert saying 'Don't monkey around, these deals may swing on by' followed by a set of monkeys and bananas may not be one of their finest advertisements !
NRU74 is online now  
Old 3rd Aug 2022, 19:07
  #633 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Manchester
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NRU74 View Post
Given the latest Monkey Pox stats I suspect that the latest Jet2 email advert saying 'Don't monkey around, these deals may swing on by' followed by a set of monkeys and bananas may not be one of their finest advertisements !
Don't think Nandos or KFC ever suffered a downturn in times when chickenpox cases have gone up.

Last edited by scrapy; 4th Aug 2022 at 13:13.
scrapy is offline  
Old 3rd Aug 2022, 23:21
  #634 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: 0ft
Posts: 162
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NRU74 View Post
Given the latest Monkey Pox stats I suspect that the latest Jet2 email advert saying 'Don't monkey around, these deals may swing on by' followed by a set of monkeys and bananas may not be one of their finest advertisements !
Given the fact it really only affects gay men, and the chances of catching it are slim (unless you of course listen the media or to the World Health Organisation who's director ignored the boards vote which said it was not a pandemic and he went on and called it such anyway) then it's really not that bad.
LBAflyer22 is offline  
Old 4th Aug 2022, 07:26
  #635 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 756
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LBAflyer22 View Post
Given the fact it really only affects gay men, and the chances of catching it are slim (unless you of course listen the media or to the World Health Organisation who's director ignored the boards vote which said it was not a pandemic and he went on and called it such anyway) then it's really not that bad.
Wow. May I suggest you do some research on how it can spread without completely insulting a large group of human beings?
caaardiff is offline  
Old 4th Aug 2022, 07:33
  #636 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: big green wheely bin
Posts: 781
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by caaardiff View Post
Wow. May I suggest you do some research on how it can spread without completely insulting a large group of human beings?
To be fair, while anyone can catch it and pass it on, around 90% of cases have been in men who have had sex with other men. Thatís not meant to insult anyone, itís just a statement of fact.
Jonty is offline  
Old 4th Aug 2022, 08:50
  #637 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 756
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonty View Post
To be fair, while anyone can catch it and pass it on, around 90% of cases have been in men who have had sex with other men. Thatís not meant to insult anyone, itís just a statement of fact.
Very different to "It only affects gay men" which basically creates an 'i'm not gay so it won't hurt me' mentality. It is insulting to gay men....
That kind of complacency will eventually result in other people catching and spreading it, because as you say "Anyone can catch it and pass it on".
Anyway, back on topic.
caaardiff is offline  
Old 4th Aug 2022, 10:21
  #638 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: 0ft
Posts: 162
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by caaardiff View Post
Wow. May I suggest you do some research on how it can spread without completely insulting a large group of human beings?
As a gay man, I'm completely up to date with my research thank you very much. It's not an insult it's a fact. It does on the whole mainly affect gay man. You go to gay charities, you go to a clinic dealing with STI's and they will all the say the same thing.

So rather then getting on your morale high ground about been "insulted" how about you accept a) the email you was sent by the Jet2 marketing team was not distasteful and b) get off your "oh I'm highly offended" soap box. As this begun by saying it "could be highly offensive" about the latest email they sent .... Only ever highly offensive when people like you begin moaning about how offensive it is.

Back to topic....
LBAflyer22 is offline  
Old 4th Aug 2022, 11:40
  #639 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: stockport
Posts: 329
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And there you go some people get offended far too easy or think others will.
chaps1954 is offline  
Old 4th Aug 2022, 16:03
  #640 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LV
Posts: 2,132
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
with all the TUI shenanigans at ABZ so far this summer, wonder if it would be a good opportunity for Jet2 to capitalise and grab some action, even some routes like pattern FR operates as not sure (though maybe) it would justify a full time single based aircraft. Its always be a bit on the periphery historically getting Hispania, Aviaco or Spanair instead of mainline. Remember the ill fated Monarch scheduled routes ex ABZ (We could spot a mile off they would never last)
CabinCrewe is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.