View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2022, 20:32
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amsterdam

Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
It seems that Jet2 will not return to Amsterdam Schiphol
https://luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/c...hiphol-vaarwel
The speed in which the destination was removed was the biggest clue that it might not be coming back, almost only a few days after the suspension was announced it was gone from the booking engine unlike La Rochelle from BHX which 6 months later is still in the booking engine but not bookable. BHX somehow won't mind as 4 operators on one route was never going to last although easyjet have virtually gone until September, often only operating weekly.

A testing time today I see with BHX going to 14 based aircraft almost requiring 16 aircraft to get them through but one of the A321's has had its holiday cut short in Mahon and is now flying under an SmartLynx call-sign heading for Malta so I assume going for a bit of TLC. It landed Mahon 12:25 on the 20th and not moved until this evening.

The other rescue aircraft for the 01:55 inbound from Antalya (B73H replacing the A321 yesterday afternoon) was showing for BHX this evening but FR24 & BHX show it has been redirected to Manchester. Mind you surprised Manchester allowing a non-MAN flight with passengers to process and that will be close on a day late for the pax once they get the coach back to BHX. I assume if yesterday afternoons outbound was full the unlucky 31 get to wait a day or go from another airport?

I trust some part of todays delays was down to ATC slots as all airlines seem to affected to some degree.

Looks like just two flights to go today at BHX (one 4 hours late and the other 2.30) so that will make all 29 out of 29 on the outbounds at least.

Pete