Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Flybe-9

Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:14
  #3721 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,090
BBC's Simon Jack tweeting that an annoucned should be expected 11 pm'ish after the last flight has landed. He also says:
Flybe do not base any aircraft outside UK overnight therefore limited expected role for CAA.
Not correct. There is at least one Q400 overnighting at DUS. It has landed about an hour ago. FWIW, two of the four MAN flights from there for tomorrow are already cancelled on the airport website.
virginblue is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:16
  #3722 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,090
Originally Posted by JSCL View Post
I know for fact that one particular franchise operator already has their old system back operating in the background ready to flip over within 24hrs with new flight numbers if required.
Won't they face serious cash flow problems or are monies received by Flybe for flights of franchisees put in escrow?
virginblue is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:17
  #3723 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South
Age: 40
Posts: 529
I wonder if this could end up to be a blessing in disguise. Allow someone to buy the profitable parts of BE from the administrators and come back as a leaner operation? It happens in the retail industry all the time. I suspect that the BE name would be tainted by now though. It would definitely be perfect timing for that long awaited Virgin Connect re-brand that seems to have been on ice..............
Rivet Joint is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:18
  #3724 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 61
Originally Posted by Wycombe View Post
All of Blue Islands scheduled flights rely on the Flybe website/booking engine, so seems serious for them also.
I'd be amazed if the franchise partners hadn't seen this coming and started to make plans. Also the longer term opportunities for them probably outweigh the short term pain.
Fletch is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:18
  #3725 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: IOM
Posts: 906
Originally Posted by virginblue View Post
Won't they face serious cash flow problems or are monies received by Flybe for flights of franchisees put in escrow?
Pass, I don't know that arrangement. But from experience, I imagine they'll be out of pocket for it.

Any prospect of 'rescuing' anything from administration in this industry is dilusional. That's not how this works, until the CAA changes thing. There is nothing to recover. All of Flybe's assets are debt secured and then you have all the aircraft on lease, there's literally nothing to recover. You might end up with a bunch of cheap leases for an existing operator to expand and grab the Dash8s... but the AOC will be gone and more.
JSCL is online now  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:20
  #3726 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 640
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I'd be amazed if the franchise partners hadn't seen this coming and started to make plans. Also the longer term opportunities for them probably outweigh the short term pain.
isnt it interesting that eastern airways has an embraer 170 and 3 190's coming, perhaps forward planning by them, who knows tho
fjencl is online now  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:21
  #3727 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: London
Posts: 308
Originally Posted by fernlee View Post
Itís very possible this is all about a admin mix up over fuel payments and people are putting two and two together getting seven .
Itís over. Give it up. Hopefully there will be new opportunities for you but such a blind and blinkered approach doesnít do you any favours.

Flybe has been serially mismanaged by successive teams and now has billionaire owners who think its the taxpayers duty to bail them out.

letís hope a leaner operation can come from the ashes and also help Loganair and others expand and thrive.
BA318 is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:22
  #3728 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,090
The E190 were - until now - earmarked for charter work.
virginblue is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:22
  #3729 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London
Posts: 508
Originally Posted by JSCL View Post
Pass, I don't know that arrangement. But from experience, I imagine they'll be out of pocket for it.

Any prospect of 'rescuing' anything from administration in this industry is dilusional. That's not how this works, until the CAA changes thing. There is nothing to recover. All of Flybe's assets are debt secured and then you have all the aircraft on lease, there's literally nothing to recover. You might end up with a bunch of cheap leases for an existing operator to expand and grab the Dash8s... but the AOC will be gone and more.
Indeed. If they were withholding tax from the govt I would imagine franchise partners would also be waiting for their cash... And it is terrifically sad but this could be the making of Loganair...
SealinkBF is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:22
  #3730 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 231
on Twitter it is being said that the aircraft at MAN are not being impounded & blocked in by vehicles, so they can't move.
garry8g is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:24
  #3731 (permalink)  
Fit like min?
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ...
Posts: 2,063
Originally Posted by garry8g View Post
on Twitter it is being said that the aircraft at MAN are not being impounded & blocked in by vehicles, so they can't move.
NOT being impounded, or NOW being impounded?
Richard Taylor is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:25
  #3732 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: newcastle
Posts: 140

anthbower1234 is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:26
  #3733 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 231
Originally Posted by Richard Taylor View Post
NOT being impounded, or NOW being impounded?
Sorry....NOW
garry8g is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:27
  #3734 (permalink)  
Fit like min?
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ...
Posts: 2,063
Looks like another vehicle blocking the Flybe next door.

Cheers for clarifying Garry. Was just the end of the sentence and comma made me wonder.
Richard Taylor is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:27
  #3735 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,090
Originally Posted by SealinkBF View Post
Indeed. If they were withholding tax from the govt I would imagine franchise partners would also be waiting for their cash...
Hence my asking if those monies are put in escrow so that Flybe's creditors cannot get hold of them. Would be a sensible set-up at any time.

virginblue is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:28
  #3736 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 231
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51746564
garry8g is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:30
  #3737 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 74
From the impoundment notice on Twitter

Detention under section ** of the Civil Aviation Authority Act 1982

Dear Sir,

Default has been made in the payment of airport charges incurred in respect of aircraft registration (s) G-JECP.

Glasgow Airport Ltd hereby give you notice that in exercise of its right of detention under Section ** Civil Aviation Authority Act 1982, aircraft registration (s) G-JECP is/are detained at Glasgow Airport and is/are not to be removed from the airport until the charges outstanding to Glasgow Airport incurred in respect of this aircraft and all other aircraft which your company is the operator at the time that the detention began have been settled.

This notice is hereby give to FLYBE Ltd and any subsidiary and associated companies which are affected by the detention hereby exercised.

Yours Sincerely

Lynn Lindsay Airport Duty Manager

4/3/20 19:51
awwdabaaby is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:34
  #3738 (permalink)  

I Have Control
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North-West England
Posts: 7
Very sad

FlyBe have gone. Unfortunate employees and suppliers will now struggle. Aviation is such a hard industry.
RoyHudd is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:34
  #3739 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 268
Originally Posted by awwdabaaby View Post
From the impoundment notice on Twitter

Detention under section ** of the Civil Aviation Authority Act 1982

Dear Sir,

Default has been made in the payment of airport charges incurred in respect of aircraft registration (s) G-JECP.

Glasgow Airport Ltd hereby give you notice that in exercise of its right of detention under Section ** Civil Aviation Authority Act 1982, aircraft registration (s) G-JECP is/are detained at Glasgow Airport and is/are not to be removed from the airport until the charges outstanding to Glasgow Airport incurred in respect of this aircraft and all other aircraft which your company is the operator at the time that the detention began have been settled.

This notice is hereby give to FLYBE Ltd and any subsidiary and associated companies which are affected by the detention hereby exercised.

Yours Sincerely

Lynn Lindsay Airport Duty Manager

4/3/20 19:51
All that means is that GLA have thrown their toys out over unpaid fees incurred by that Aircraft.

Now if there was a Eurocontrol lien alongside it then that would possibly be terminal.
Chidken Sangwich is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2020, 20:37
  #3740 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 640
Originally Posted by Chidken Sangwich View Post
All that means is that GLA have thrown their toys out over unpaid fees incurred by that Aircraft.

Now if there was a Eurocontrol lien alongside it then that would possibly be terminal.
Wake up and smell the coffee
fjencl is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.