Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Wizzair

Old 21st May 2022, 16:25
  #421 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have any information on average number of kilometers flown as well as the average number of sectors one could expect?
TS34 is offline  
Old 21st May 2022, 16:45
  #422 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: up north
Posts: 167
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TS34 View Post
Does anyone have any information on average number of kilometers flown as well as the average number of sectors one could expect?
High season up to 50/60k
Low season anything from 25/40k
Depends a lot on which base anyway
Giuff is offline  
Old 21st May 2022, 21:15
  #423 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Brexland
Posts: 200
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TS34 View Post
Does anyone have any information on average number of kilometers flown as well as the average number of sectors one could expect?
Imagine giving a crap as a professional pilot as to how many kilometeres/miles you will fly in any particular company. That should tell you all you need to know about this outfit.

Pathetic company
Whitemonk Returns is offline  
Old 21st May 2022, 21:18
  #424 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: up north
Posts: 167
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whitemonk Returns View Post
Imagine giving a crap as a professional pilot as to how many kilometeres/miles you will fly in any particular company. That should tell you all you need to know about this outfit.

Pathetic company
Hope you are well settled in your outfit after 2 yrs of pandemic with an ongoing global war.
Giuff is offline  
Old 21st May 2022, 21:26
  #425 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: EASA land
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the SO/FO salary enough to make a living or are you gonna starve and live paycheck to paycheck in WAAD?
B77F is offline  
Old 21st May 2022, 21:48
  #426 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Italy
Posts: 44
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whitemonk Returns View Post
Imagine giving a crap as a professional pilot as to how many kilometeres/miles you will fly in any particular company. That should tell you all you need to know about this outfit.

Pathetic company
Looks like somebody didn't take the rejection so well.
enzino is online now  
Old 21st May 2022, 22:02
  #427 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whitemonk Returns View Post
Imagine giving a crap as a professional pilot as to how many kilometeres/miles you will fly in any particular company. That should tell you all you need to know about this outfit.

Pathetic company
Well seeing as your pay is linked to distance and number of sectors flown then, yes, I do give a crap.
TS34 is offline  
Old 21st May 2022, 22:03
  #428 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Giuff View Post
High season up to 50/60k
Low season anything from 25/40k
Depends a lot on which base anyway
Thanks Giuff,

Similar figures to what I expected. I appreciate it will vary on base allocation etc.
TS34 is offline  
Old 21st May 2022, 23:05
  #429 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Neverland
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B77F View Post
Is the SO/FO salary enough to make a living or are you gonna starve and live paycheck to paycheck in WAAD?
Paycheck to paycheck as an FO, especially in the off peak times.
Potatos_69 is offline  
Old 22nd May 2022, 10:31
  #430 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dubai
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Giuff

Originally Posted by TS34 View Post
Thanks Giuff,

Similar figures to what I expected. I appreciate it will vary on base allocation etc.
Hi Giuff
I take it you are linked with the company. It will be good to get from an insider what is the maximum a Captain and FO/month (without accommodation allowance) can make in Summer and in winter? Just a ball figure..,more like € €8000 or €6000 for Capt. And €6k and €4K or more for WAAD base?

I want to compare with GCC pilot salaries. These figures I provide are already low for even FOs figures. Please DM me as I know this is not supposed to be public info but Wizz is not straight forward either by suggesting a pay formula only.

I mean well and am motivated to join Wizz Air but want a realistic expectation before I decide. Many here on this forum dissuaded me but I see it more from the view point of 1/4 glass full is better than an empty glass but also have potentially better pay options to weigh against Wizz Air as a bottom line.

As a suggestion: I like that Wizz Air is growing phenomenally and that they are recruiting aggressively. This has to be done with care considering the number of crew they will need continually over the next 10 years as projected by their fleet growth. However, to retain the crew and not go through the hard ,risky , laborious and expensive process of Pilot recruitment it is important to match the salaries with current industry practices, not just in Europe where it is headquartered but importantly regionally as well.Hete in UAE salaries are public knowledge how high they are The salaries and allowances offered by Wizz have to compare well against Fly Dubai and Air Arabia(the lowest oayer) if not Etihad, Emirates and Qatar Airways. Care has to be taken even when salaries are acceptable to use a good proportion of the Carrot/Stick (or in Wizz Air terms Apple/Stick) principle. Too much stick and you will be endlessly laundering crew till the washing machine cannot keep up with required intakes and then you will be forced to take what is available at market dictated salaries. There is no excuse for Covid low salaries anymore nor war(the war helps with travel demand actually). wizz has done well both during Covid as well as during this war as it boasts so. I love the balls of steel approach by CEO and I believe Wizz will do well but to survive in the long run they have to be likeable as employers. This means providing right incentives or it will become just another transit station for employees..be they crew or ground staff. I wish Wizz Air to become the best indeed. The advice given here-in is trying to serve that exact purpose.

Please DM me your response.

With thanks

Last edited by 380Mrat; 22nd May 2022 at 10:42. Reason: Syntax
380Mrat is offline  
Old 22nd May 2022, 15:45
  #431 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Switzerland ... oh wait: Swaziland
Posts: 731
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just three obeservations if I may:
- Wizz were always years (or half a decade) behind their own fleet development plans through the 18 years of their existence;
- the balls of steel approach is in fact an "it's always someone else's fault" one;
- historic performance figures do not mean much when it comes to future earnings (depending on km flown) due to huge
changes in the schedule without notice ("trial and error" procedure when opening new bases/routes leading to frequent
base/route closures if something is not working out; routes moved between bases (W-patterns, lately the world winner idea
of triangle flights), whole stations abandoned if the local government/authority/airport is cheeky enough to have demands and
not only offers) etc etc. Just check the short history of Wizz Abu Dhabi, aircraft stored, routes announced but never started,
flights moved around DWC/DXB/AUH and between WAH and WAZ. You make your maths today but it might be a whole different
figure in half a year.

It's also worthwile to check how the company is handling the (final) court decisions made in Ukraine and Romania regarding
the unlawful dismissal of crew members (happened way before the pandemic in Kyiv and Bucharest where the crew wanted
to organize a union).

Last edited by TBSC; 22nd May 2022 at 15:58.
TBSC is offline  
Old 22nd May 2022, 17:12
  #432 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dubai
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Illuminating if not alarming insights⚠️

Originally Posted by TBSC View Post
Just three obeservations if I may:
- Wizz were always years (or half a decade) behind their own fleet development plans through the 18 years of their existence;
- the balls of steel approach is in fact an "it's always someone else's fault" one;
- historic performance figures do not mean much when it comes to future earnings (depending on km flown) due to huge
changes in the schedule without notice ("trial and error" procedure when opening new bases/routes leading to frequent
base/route closures if something is not working out; routes moved between bases (W-patterns, lately the world winner idea
of triangle flights), whole stations abandoned if the local government/authority/airport is cheeky enough to have demands and
not only offers) etc etc. Just check the short history of Wizz Abu Dhabi, aircraft stored, routes announced but never started,
flights moved around DWC/DXB/AUH and between WAH and WAZ. You make your maths today but it might be a whole different
figure in half a year.

It's also worthwile to check how the company is handling the (final) court decisions made in Ukraine and Romania regarding
the unlawful dismissal of crew members (happened way before the pandemic in Kyiv and Bucharest where the crew wanted
to organize a union).
I thank you for your perspective. I have to agree with dome of what you say is true in terms if vase chops and changes. What are their strategic intentions over Wizz DWC then? This ruthless approach you mention is what am worried about.

Another point of contention is why does pilot recruitment HR never respond to emails and have no phone numbers? These are all worrying factors. Also have to pay 15% of training costs upfront and then tie you to a 3 year bond is a bit much...but at least the salaries should be worth it without the punitive measures and the obligation to accept going worked to the maximum legal hours each month if that is indeed the case.

By "balls if steel" I meant expanding phenomenally and being quoted in public that no airline can match to their strategy, unless ofcourse they have guarantors with very deep bank pockets and reserves indeed. Historically Airlines have had a tendency to burst when their bubble grows too big and too rapidly, unless backed up by a rich nation. Yes, I agree that for the 18 years the growth we are seeing only recently is what's amplifying their visibility and in great part thanks to the economic edge to tge A321 neo, as long as they keep filling them up and with the global traffic trends favouring this aircraft size and provided they do not keep chopping bases and routes and cancelling flights. Credibility and reliability and consistency an Airline's bread and butter. A lot will depend on whether they will do well in creating the right incentives to retain the crew that they recruit as well as attract new crew based on feedback from those presently employed there. Salaries and perks need to improve significantly I would say.
380Mrat is offline  
Old 22nd May 2022, 20:52
  #433 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Switzerland ... oh wait: Swaziland
Posts: 731
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 380Mrat View Post
What are their strategic intentions over Wizz DWC then?
The word loyality does not exist in their vocabulary. They move shop at the first better offer. See Tirgu Mures vs Cluj; Girona vs Barcelona; Lübeck vs Hamburg; Prestwick vs Glasgow (then both shafted for Edinburgh); Cuneo vs Torino. 8-10 bases closed (Kosice, Poznan, Riga, Prague, Dortmund, Trondheim, Lublin etc), destinations abandoned completely after years of operation (Cork, Osijek, Arad, Hannover, Rimini, Brno, Groningen, Southend, Bordeuax, you name it). Wizz Hungary, then Wizz Bulgaria (closed), then Wizz Ukraine (closed), then Wizz UK, then Wizz Abud Dhabi, then Wizz Malta? One day they are around your place, the next day they might be gone.
TBSC is offline  
Old 24th May 2022, 01:32
  #434 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dubai
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cross pollination of Wizz bees

Originally Posted by TBSC View Post
The word loyality does not exist in their vocabulary. They move shop at the first better offer. See Tirgu Mures vs Cluj; Girona vs Barcelona; Lübeck vs Hamburg; Prestwick vs Glasgow (then both shafted for Edinburgh); Cuneo vs Torino. 8-10 bases closed (Kosice, Poznan, Riga, Prague, Dortmund, Trondheim, Lublin etc), destinations abandoned completely after years of operation (Cork, Osijek, Arad, Hannover, Rimini, Brno, Groningen, Southend, Bordeuax, you name it). Wizz Hungary, then Wizz Bulgaria (closed), then Wizz Ukraine (closed), then Wizz UK, then Wizz Abud Dhabi, then Wizz Malta? One day they are around your place, the next day they might be gone.
Difficult to argue with what you say. I am wondering too. Will see...
380Mrat is offline  
Old 24th May 2022, 11:44
  #435 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 34
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone tell me what the chances are of getting DSA base after joining as DEC please?

Thanks
YosserHughes is offline  
Old 24th May 2022, 12:08
  #436 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Neverland
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might get it, but they are desperate to fill LGW atm, its a mess and so short of crew
Potatos_69 is offline  
Old 24th May 2022, 15:46
  #437 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Switzerland ... oh wait: Swaziland
Posts: 731
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizzair-3
TBSC is offline  
Old 24th May 2022, 15:54
  #438 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Switzerland ... oh wait: Swaziland
Posts: 731
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abu Dhabi-Mattala flights will not start next week as it was planned. It's pushed to September (and will be cancelled quietly sometime during the summer).
TBSC is offline  
Old 24th May 2022, 16:51
  #439 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 134
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TBSC View Post
Abu Dhabi-Mattala flights will not start next week as it was planned. It's pushed to September (and will be cancelled quietly sometime during the summer).

I think that’s a good idea. Sri Lanka is in turmoil and have already declared themselves bankrupt. Probably not a good idea to get involved until the creditors take over and create some stability. Sri Lanka’ stop priority is food and essential medicine.
Bloated Stomach is online now  
Old 24th May 2022, 19:14
  #440 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Switzerland ... oh wait: Swaziland
Posts: 731
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bloated Stomach View Post
I think that’s a good idea. Sri Lanka is in turmoil and have already declared themselves bankrupt. Probably not a good idea to get involved until the creditors take over and create some stability. Sri Lanka’ stop priority is food and essential medicine.
Sure but which of those things happened recently (a week before the first flight)? It's going on for 2 months already.
TBSC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.