Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2022, 09:31
380Mrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Giuff

Originally Posted by TS34
Thanks Giuff,

Similar figures to what I expected. I appreciate it will vary on base allocation etc.
Hi Giuff
I take it you are linked with the company. It will be good to get from an insider what is the maximum a Captain and FO/month (without accommodation allowance) can make in Summer and in winter? Just a ball figure..,more like € €8000 or €6000 for Capt. And €6k and €4K or more for WAAD base?

I want to compare with GCC pilot salaries. These figures I provide are already low for even FOs figures. Please DM me as I know this is not supposed to be public info but Wizz is not straight forward either by suggesting a pay formula only.

I mean well and am motivated to join Wizz Air but want a realistic expectation before I decide. Many here on this forum dissuaded me but I see it more from the view point of 1/4 glass full is better than an empty glass but also have potentially better pay options to weigh against Wizz Air as a bottom line.

As a suggestion: I like that Wizz Air is growing phenomenally and that they are recruiting aggressively. This has to be done with care considering the number of crew they will need continually over the next 10 years as projected by their fleet growth. However, to retain the crew and not go through the hard ,risky , laborious and expensive process of Pilot recruitment it is important to match the salaries with current industry practices, not just in Europe where it is headquartered but importantly regionally as well.Hete in UAE salaries are public knowledge how high they are The salaries and allowances offered by Wizz have to compare well against Fly Dubai and Air Arabia(the lowest oayer) if not Etihad, Emirates and Qatar Airways. Care has to be taken even when salaries are acceptable to use a good proportion of the Carrot/Stick (or in Wizz Air terms Apple/Stick) principle. Too much stick and you will be endlessly laundering crew till the washing machine cannot keep up with required intakes and then you will be forced to take what is available at market dictated salaries. There is no excuse for Covid low salaries anymore nor war(the war helps with travel demand actually). wizz has done well both during Covid as well as during this war as it boasts so. I love the balls of steel approach by CEO and I believe Wizz will do well but to survive in the long run they have to be likeable as employers. This means providing right incentives or it will become just another transit station for employees..be they crew or ground staff. I wish Wizz Air to become the best indeed. The advice given here-in is trying to serve that exact purpose.

Please DM me your response.

With thanks

Last edited by 380Mrat; 22nd May 2022 at 09:42. Reason: Syntax