Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Wizzair

Old 24th May 2022, 19:36
  #441 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 134
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TBSC View Post
Sure but which of those things happened recently (a week before the first flight)? It's going on for 2 months already.
Not the official default and bankruptcy. The notice went in last week to the Chinese and the Indians, I believe. And the shortage of fuel and unsettled public is a cause for concern. Look what happened to Kazakhstan when the locals marched into town. They took over the airport and tried to vandalise the aircraft. Big no no. I agree with Wizz on this one.
Bloated Stomach is offline  
Old 25th May 2022, 12:16
  #442 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Poland
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone recently been invited to budapest? and when did you apply to the wizzair website?

Greetings
Slways
Slways is offline  
Old 10th Jun 2022, 09:40
  #443 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 278
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YosserHughes View Post
Can someone tell me what the chances are of getting DSA base after joining as DEC please?

Thanks
Zero. They just closed it. But I am sure it will reopen when things calm down a bit.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/wizz-air...eeze-1.1774923
Arrowhead is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2022, 07:36
  #444 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dubai
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Show time!!! WZZ CEO and his Airline under the EASA torch!!

https://simpleflying.com/jozsef-vada...tigation-easa/
380Mrat is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2022, 09:28
  #445 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Europe
Posts: 38
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What exactly is atrocious about failing type rated people not being able to answer what green dot or CDL are?
I didn't know Wizz did assessments in KUL, but if people pass there despite these short comings, they won't make it far.
TorqueStripe is online now  
Old 13th Jun 2022, 09:58
  #446 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: uk
Posts: 696
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obviously about to be accused of old fogeydom but here goes….I have been involved with airline pilot recruitment at various times and the standard of tech knowledge is quite disturbingly low by some. Similarly the inability to fly a simple SID. To be fair some candidates stand out but others you can’t but help think have been duped of their 100 grand. As regards the above the excruciating use of ‘kinda’ does not indicate appropriate maturity.
olster is online now  
Old 13th Jun 2022, 11:39
  #447 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dubai
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by olster View Post
Obviously about to be accused of old fogeydom but here goes….I have been involved with airline pilot recruitment at various times and the standard of tech knowledge is quite disturbingly low by some. Similarly the inability to fly a simple SID. To be fair some candidates stand out but others you can’t but help think have been duped of their 100 grand. As regards the above the excruciating use of ‘kinda’ does not indicate appropriate maturity.
I take it you are involved in the sim screen or Tech interviews at WZZ AUH?.Were your critical statements referring to rated or non rated candidates? Do they expect you to fly an unfamiliar aircraft SID manually raw data flying? Have you ever had to fly a SID on A320 raw data,? What is simple to an experienced SFI might not necessarily appear simple under examination/interview conditions I might add, especially considering the normal Airports used ate London or even Abu Dhabi. Any SID only simplifies ATC workload, not necessarily crew workload, especially in a single pilot operation simulation with raw data flying and having to pay attention to radio instructions as well as heed any lateral or vertical restrictions including Noise abatement rules. We hear that even experience Captains fail.What have you to say to that? Thank you for the new dodgy english term..FOGYDOM..it might help to translate it for those poor souls with a lesser ELP perhaps?
380Mrat is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2022, 12:21
  #448 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Dubai
Age: 54
Posts: 281
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 380Mrat View Post
I take it you are involved in the sim screen or Tech interviews at WZZ AUH?.Were your critical statements referring to rated or non rated candidates? Do they expect you to fly an unfamiliar aircraft SID manually raw data flying? Have you ever had to fly a SID on A320 raw data,? What is simple to an experienced SFI might not necessarily appear simple under examination/interview conditions I might add, especially considering the normal Airports used ate London or even Abu Dhabi. Any SID only simplifies ATC workload, not necessarily crew workload, especially in a single pilot operation simulation with raw data flying and having to pay attention to radio instructions as well as heed any lateral or vertical restrictions including Noise abatement rules. We hear that even experience Captains fail.What have you to say to that? Thank you for the new dodgy english term..FOGYDOM..it might help to translate it for those poor souls with a lesser ELP perhaps?
Do we have to start dumbing down our English when fighting with each other here? I'm sure even a level 4 can read some connotation into the word fogeydom, even if they can't define it.

You post comes across as very defensive. How about we give the old fogey the benefit of the doubt and assume that if he is involved with recruitment sims, he knows when a guy can and can't fly, irrespective of the difficulty of the profile.
Kennytheking is online now  
Old 13th Jun 2022, 13:11
  #449 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Dubai
Age: 54
Posts: 281
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 380Mrat View Post
Well your post comes across as very offensive and speak for yourself about dumbing down your Wnglish.I would rather keep mine standard, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Am not advocating for poor sIm performance here, but if you have read this threads and other relevant forums you would see that there is some justice in looking at WZZ with critical eyes. You talk as though you are involved in their sim or interview process yet hou have no Airbus rating.

I merely took the trouble to provide info from latest feedback from a site that i have paid for to be privy to it but will not tolerate my post being poked at.That is why I tore it down

I have spent enough 2 cents on this exchange with you

Fogydom to you!
Just refer to my previous post - I have nothing further to add.
Kennytheking is online now  
Old 13th Jun 2022, 13:34
  #450 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: luxembourg
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just really can’t believe that there are people qualified to be pilots that are unable to manage their emotions in a forum, quite sad really.

A warm hug
pilotlux is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2022, 13:39
  #451 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dubai
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Erm...spare us the extended morose mate. Your emotional sensors might need some cob web blowing.

All is fine here not perturbed at all. You dont judge emotions by text now do you?

I prefer a cool hug..temperatures hit 40s here!😁✌️
380Mrat is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2022, 13:53
  #452 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Dubai
Age: 54
Posts: 281
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotlux View Post
I just really can’t believe that there are people qualified to be pilots that are unable to manage their emotions in a forum, quite sad really.

A warm hug
Oh come on! This forum is littered with emotions......380Mrat doesn't like me and it's hard not to feel sad about that.
Kennytheking is online now  
Old 13th Jun 2022, 16:40
  #453 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: uk
Posts: 696
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As is the way of the Internet assumptions are made and taking offence kicks in backed up by our old friends victimhood and grievance. For clarity Mrat I have nothing whatsoever to do with Wizz, not even flown with them as a passenger. I have however worked as a pilot for two well known airlines as a pilot recruiter and one I am still actively involved with. More inaccurate assumptions: I am very empathetic to the mainly young pilots that I interview and certainly want them to succeed. However, a large proportion cannot fly or find it incomprehensible to fathom a simple SID out of a U.K. airport. Regardless of the aeroplane type, an instrument rating is generic and to not understand the basics as an apparently IR qualified pilot in terms of vertical and lateral profile is truly disturbing. Let’s come on to technical questions. “So Bloggs, why do jet aeroplanes have swept wings?” Some of the answers are extraordinary including the world beating, “they are more efficient on the ground”. Other non sequiturs are available revealing almost zero understanding of basic aerodynamics. Go figure.

For the sake of balance and as someone who can barely scrape by on schoolboy French although I can buy beer in many languages I am in complete awe of someone that can do our job in a language other than our own. I am sorry that a poor attempt at wit on a predominantly English speaking forum has fallen flat. A few top tips for the wannabes that read this from someone who actually sits on the other side of the table. Have a good understanding of high altitude aerodynamics, swept wings, Dutch roll. Mach tuck, jet engine theory etc. Nobody is expecting anything other than basic understanding. Also read the charts carefully and interpret SID tracking and altitude requirements.

As regards the outpourings of angst and emotional incontinence that prevails on PPRuNe, I am not interested nor have the time for it. Also remember when you go to an airline pilot interview you need to impress at the HR interview as well. No point in being Chuck Yeager in the sim and arrogant and entitled in the interview (common). Otherwise I wish all aspirant pilots good luck but as the Boy Scouts would say, be prepared!

Last edited by olster; 14th Jun 2022 at 18:31.
olster is online now  
Old 13th Jun 2022, 16:50
  #454 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: uk
Posts: 696
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh and by the way, thanks Kenny. I have been in the business many years and I can indeed tell when a pilot can fly. It is often obvious within a short time. In the interests of perspective I see some stellar performances as well as the converse. However all one looks for is a reasonable enough standard combined with an old favourite, a good attitude. The ability to accept instruction and to work with colleagues both sides of the cockpit door and on the ground. Not rocket science. Cheers.

Last edited by olster; 13th Jun 2022 at 17:09.
olster is online now  
Old 13th Jun 2022, 20:31
  #455 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Neverland
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
Zero. They just closed it. But I am sure it will reopen when things calm down a bit.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/wizz-air...eeze-1.1774923
Considering how much their reputation is trashed in the area, I think they will have trouble reopening it considering DSA is most likely extremely pissed at WZZ these days... Also god knows how many of the DSA crew will start jumping ship now they have to move to LGW or LTN...
Potatos_69 is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2022, 07:47
  #456 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Same place
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by olster View Post
As is the way of the Internet assumptions are made and taking offence kicks in backed up by our old friends victimhood and grievance. For clarity Mrat I have nothing whatsoever to do with Wizz, not even flown with them as a passenger. I have however worked as a pilot for two well known airlines as a pilot recruiter and one I am still actively involved with. More inaccurate assumptions: I am very empathetic to the mainly young pilots that I interview and certainly want them to succeed. However, a large proportion cannot fly or find it incomprehensible to fathom a simple SID out of a U.K. airport. Regardless of the aeroplane type, an instrument rating is generic and to not understand the basics as an apparently IR qualified pilot in terms of vertical and lateral profile is truly disturbing. Let’s come on to technical questions. “So Bloggs, why do jet aeroplanes have swept wings?” Some of the answers are extraordinary including the world beating, “they are more efficient on the ground”. Other non sequiturs are available revealing almost zero understanding of basic aerodynamics. Go figure.

For the sake of balance and as someone who can barely scrape buy on schoolboy French although I can buy beer in many languages I am in complete awe of someone that can do our job in a language other than our own. I am sorry that a poor attempt at wit on a predominantly English speaking forum has fallen flat. A few top tips for the wannabes that read this from someone who actually sits on the other side of the table. Have a good understanding of high altitude aerodynamics, swept wings, Dutch roll. Mach tuck, jet engine theory etc. Nobody is expecting anything other than basic understanding. Also read the charts carefully and interpret SID tracking and altitude requirements.

As regards the outpourings of angst and emotional incontinence that prevails on PPRuNe, I am not interested nor have the time for it. Also remember when you go to an airline pilot interview you need to impress at the HR interview as well. No point in being Chuck Yeager in the sim and arrogant and entitled in the interview (common). Otherwise I wish all aspirant pilots good luck but as the Boy Scouts would say, be prepared!
Exactly on point, I would definitely encourage future assessment candidates to read this quote as much as possible.
Montr3al is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2022, 11:08
  #457 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Leicestershire
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a really daft question but how long post assessment is it normal to receive an outcome? Completed all four stages. I've heard a number of different figures given but wondered if anyone had a clue. In my case assessment was just over two weeks ago for NTR experienced FO, Wizz UK. Still waiting and not enjoying the lack of knowing, as I would suspect most can imagine. My profile says they're reviewing my assessment results.

Cheers.
Captain Whistlingoat is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2022, 11:36
  #458 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Captain Whistlingoat View Post
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a really daft question but how long post assessment is it normal to receive an outcome? Completed all four stages. I've heard a number of different figures given but wondered if anyone had a clue. In my case assessment was just over two weeks ago for NTR experienced FO, Wizz UK. Still waiting and not enjoying the lack of knowing, as I would suspect most can imagine. My profile says they're reviewing my assessment results.

Cheers.
We were told we'd hear back within two weeks.

I got the email around three weeks after completing the assessment informing me I was successful and would be placed in the hold pool.

Was swimming for about 24 hours.
Got the email the day after giving me a start date.

Don't fret!
TS34 is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2022, 11:38
  #459 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Leicestershire
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That’s really good to hear! Thanks so much, mate.
Captain Whistlingoat is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2022, 12:28
  #460 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a problem. Best of luck to you.

I always assume that they let down those who didn't make it before informing those who did.
That's based on absolutely nothing, mind.
TS34 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.