Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Avion Express

Old 19th Nov 2023, 13:18
  #161 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Switzerland ... oh wait: Swaziland
Posts: 797
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You did not want to say id..t but somehow you just did.
It's a shame not everyone can start their career as a captain working for a well established airline like you.
TBSC is offline  
Old 19th Nov 2023, 14:42
  #162 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Home
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TBSC
You did not want to say id..t but somehow you just did.
It's a shame not everyone can start their career as a captain working for a well established airline like you.
hold your horses, my friend... :-) do you think the P2F is really something we should do? i guess you are single, in mid-20ties just freshly from (or still living in) mama hotel, right?
whatever the times were, i never pay to fly an aircraft for a purpose of "job".
BTMS_OVHT is offline  
Old 19th Nov 2023, 15:28
  #163 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you

Originally Posted by Klimax
Thanks for sharing. Hopefully other can learn form your experience and stay clear of leaches such as EagleJet and crappy Avion Espresso! yikes.
Thanks for the support. Yeah this experience was not human and hopefully these companies changes its behaviour and stops the criminal evil actions and treats people much more decently in the future.
Lets support the good actions and companies that treat their pilots with the respect they deserve😊
Simon Rodin is offline  
Old 19th Nov 2023, 18:16
  #164 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 844
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BTMS_OVHT
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Good you have mentioned your name. At least we all can see another instagram superpilot (don't want to say id..t) who is supporting nowdays the P2F scheme and supporting such ASG airlines destroying the european pilot job market.
hopefully recruiters from well established airlines are reading this forum as well to see whom to reject.
what at freaking tool you are! Clearly you mother didn´t bring you up right! Good luck in your live - hiding behind identity! We need pilots like you - NOT. Hopefully you don´t sit next to me, you fool!
Klimax is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2023, 01:48
  #165 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: italy
Posts: 92
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Simon Rodin
Dear Pilots.

I myself had a very bad experience in Avion Express and also heard some of my friends having it aslo.
Writing this to warn others so they dont experience the same:
in short here is what I experienced:
I payed 25000 euros to get at least 500 hours through EagleJet.
I start line training and get 14.75 hours. I get stopped on my line training and sent home. No reason given why.
I wait for about 1 month with no news on when I will continue line training. I get asked to be a support sim in prague on very short notice. It says start time on schedule and I was there then. I should have been there 2 hours before for briefing so after helping the company they decide to terminate me.
I get no refund from Avion Express but get 5000 euros back from EagleJet. I loose 20000 euros on this and also they are evil enough to wait 3-4 weeks until Avion Express tell me I am terminated so I miss out on finding another pilot job for the summer season.
Never experienced such an unpleasant evil thing.
Have heard this company have treated others bad also so please be aware.
Are you sure you want to blame the company buddy? Wouldn't go that way if I were you and you very well know the reason am saying this.

Originally Posted by Klimax
what at freaking tool you are! Clearly you mother didn´t bring you up right! Good luck in your live - hiding behind identity! We need pilots like you - NOT. Hopefully you don´t sit next to me, you fool!
Supporting a pay to fly is the cancer of aviation, the guy didn't say anything wrong neither with the critic of the super Instagram "pilot", if you knew the precedents you'd shut your mouth up.

Can't wait to see many pilots going out because of trying to save couple of hundreds euros during the winter months unlike heston/getjet/smartlynx etc with the same summer salary, pay rise or Avion will be out of the game without trained pilots. Fingers crossed either of it happens

WhatShortage is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2023, 08:00
  #166 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I myself had a very bad experience in Avion Express and also heard some of my friends having it aslo.
Writing this to warn others so they dont experience the same:
in short here is what I experienced:
I payed 25000 euros to get at least 500 hours through EagleJet.
I start line training and get 14.75 hours. I get stopped on my line training and sent home. No reason given why.
I wait for about 1 month with no news on when I will continue line training. I get asked to be a support sim in prague on very short notice. It says start time on schedule and I was there then. I should have been there 2 hours before for briefing so after helping the company they decide to terminate me.
I get no refund from Avion Express but get 5000 euros back from EagleJet. I loose 20000 euros on this and also they are evil enough to wait 3-4 weeks until Avion Express tell me I am terminated so I miss out on finding another pilot job for the summer season.
Never experienced such an unpleasant evil thing.
Have heard this company have treated others bad also so please be aware.
​​​​​​​It seems more like the airline of opportunities… of getting screwed!😂😂😂😂
Hitchiker is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2023, 11:03
  #167 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Anz
Posts: 131
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avion has a very good salary if you’re not too bothered by the fact of having to pay some taxes and social security somewhere on this planet.
Of course if you get worried by the simple fact of possibly facing some serious legal prosecutions from the tax men of your countries, then try to look for something else.

giord is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2023, 11:17
  #168 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: on the edge.
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, Eaglejet, pay2fly, avionexpress, dumblynx, aviasolutiongroup all in one thread.....the worst of the worst in the entire aviation sector.
The metestasis is spreading, the cancer of aviation. Full of p2f, incompetent pilots and managers...
Those "companies" shall be closed asap.
TheEdge is offline  
Old 24th Nov 2023, 01:30
  #169 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA - EUROPE
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good day Simon,

We are surprised by your comments.

1- You were verbally warned by the airline to immediately change your unprofessional behavior from the start of the line training phase. In view of the lack of improvement which followed on your part, the airline personnel had to organize a meeting during which you were again officially informed of this warning and you were again clearly given the reasons for it. Unfortunately, again to no effect as you kept the same unprofessional behavior which led to your obvious and justified termination. It is rare for a pilot who is accepted by an airline after passing the screening to be terminated especially with this airline whose personnel is always trying to go above and beyond to help and assist cadets to do well. For you to have the audacity to mention that "no reason given why" regarding your termination is totally false and clearly reflects a personality which is unfit for the role.

2- We noticed by reading your recent posts that you have been just terminated by a second airline which has no connection with the first one just a few months after your first termination. According to your post, this again occurred during your line training. An airline pilot career is challenging. When you receive a negative result or outcome, you draw the conclusions, learn from them so it does not happen again and move forward. Unfortunately, it seems that this is not your case and it is highly likely you will keep receiving the same negative results as long as you do not make the needed corrections regarding your behavior. Being in denial of your repeated unprofessional behavior in a work environment as sensitive as the one of the airlines not only to yourself but also to third parties will not help you moving forward.

In any case, we wish you the best.

The Eagle Jet Intl. Support Team.
Eagle Jet is offline  
Old 24th Nov 2023, 17:18
  #170 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The EU
Posts: 634
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eagle Jet
For you to have the audacity to mention that "no reason given why" regarding your termination is totally false and clearly reflects a personality which is unfit for the role.
Obviously an organisation involved in putting people in control of the safety of 180 paying passengers would have the professionalism and integrity to find out such personality traits at an interview and assessment stage.

Alas, all you cared about was his ability to give you 25,000 Euros.

This thread would be amusing if it wasn’t for the fact it involves companies responsible for destroying T&Cs across the continent. Needless to say the advice is to avoid Avion, Smartynx and anybody associated with Eaglejet like the plague. As a passenger as well as a career choice.

Last edited by Vokes55; 24th Nov 2023 at 17:33.
Vokes55 is offline  
Old 25th Nov 2023, 16:35
  #171 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Earth
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm really appaled at the comments here from supposed pilots that most likely never flew for Avion.
.
I got into Avion as Zero Time on Type Cadet (did my Type Rating on my own, then grabbed my chance and held on to it for dear life), did my line training with STELLAR LTC's, constant support from Crewing, consistent flying (I hit the 100h per month limitation and had to extend my stay in the base), and constant and considerable support from other FO's and non-LT Captains.
Everywhere I turned, I asked for help trying to get better, to improve myself as a pilot, and EVERYWHERE I would get the support I asked. Some LTC's would go out of their way to spend their days off interacting with me, making sure I was reading the correct material, the correct OM's and FCOM Chapters, and helping me become a generally better pilot and person on the cockpit.

I'm starting to see a trend here that is trying to shove Avion away for a sh** airline for the simple reason that they are an ACMI.

These guys are taking advantage of all these so called flag carriers, with their ridiculous standards required to even apply (like Air France requiring ICAO French 6... Just so they can say "hey, we hire anybody!" when realistically only french people will have that type of French level), and the fact that these same airlines are offering sh** wages to experienced pilots, wages that should only apply to cadets and only for the first year, if even that much.
I have better terms and conditions than all Lowcosts, which are the realistic entry points for any low hour pilots.
I have my free crew meals at my disposal and free drinks whenever I want on the cockpit (RYR and EZY you have to pay for those).
Everyone is extremely competent, from Office Workers, to maintenance, to cabin crew and then flight crew.
The bad weeds are plucked fast and efficiently, to be retrained, or terminated in case they refuse to change.

During rotation periods, almost everything is paid for. Some bases, EVERYTHING is paid for. That means, on top of a VERY good salary, you're still saving money by not having to rent an apartment or book a hotel. Breakfast is paid for (on some bases, lunch and dinner too). Transport from the hotel to the airport is paid for and ALWAYS on time, if the hotel is too far away.
Flights from your home to the base and back home are paid for, with hold luggage included.

My trips and schedule are all efficiently taken care of. It's not perfect, but they're human, and I can't expect perfection.
Nothing a quick chat with them won't solve, should I have any issues or questions.

What's there not to like?
I've met some people here that got in via Eaglejet or BAA or whatever broker they got through, and I couldn't care less where they come from. Even if I paid 20K to get in, this money is recouped in less than a year due to wages and the amount of money we save by having everything paid for.
My T&C's aren't changing, and they're better than what I've been offered so far:
-Marabu offered 1200€ per month before taxes and considering 60h flown per month)
-Condor offer was similar to Marabu.
-Wizzair is still offering 1400€ per month after taxes but already including perdiems.
-AFAIK, Eurowings will only upgrade your wage after 1 year with them. Before that, you're stuck with 1500€ or 1600€. But I never got a direct offer because I refuse to pay to travel for their ridiculous selection process, so I'm not holding on this one.

The only thing Avion does is to dock your wage before you finish line training. In my case, I was earning 1000€ per month. AND I started getting paid from the first day of OCC. Meaning, if it took 2 months to start LIFUS, I wouldn't be drying out in the sun. After you do that and you get 100h flown with them, you're upgraded to FO salary, which is considerable. Base 3000€ during winter and base 5500€ during summer. Sure, we get low BH pay, but at least now I'm sitting in front of my computer doing jack sh*t and earning a comfortable 100€ per day just by existing and being hired by them.

I'm sorry but there's a reason almost everyone in Avion is happy to be there. It's not the best, sure, but in lack of a better chance, it's pretty good. The offered wages are definitely the best I ever seen, considering my chances and current experience. Nowhere would EasyJet or Ryanair offer me so much take home lol.
Ragneir is offline  
Old 25th Nov 2023, 17:03
  #172 (permalink)  

Only half a speed-brake
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Commuting not home
Age: 46
Posts: 4,299
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FlightDetent is offline  
Old 25th Nov 2023, 21:52
  #173 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Dubai, once... now London
Age: 49
Posts: 131
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ragneir
I'm really appaled at the comments here from supposed pilots that most likely never flew for Avion.
.
I got into Avion as Zero Time on Type Cadet (did my Type Rating on my own, then grabbed my chance and held on to it for dear life), did my line training with STELLAR LTC's, constant support from Crewing, consistent flying (I hit the 100h per month limitation and had to extend my stay in the base), and constant and considerable support from other FO's and non-LT Captains.
Everywhere I turned, I asked for help trying to get better, to improve myself as a pilot, and EVERYWHERE I would get the support I asked. Some LTC's would go out of their way to spend their days off interacting with me, making sure I was reading the correct material, the correct OM's and FCOM Chapters, and helping me become a generally better pilot and person on the cockpit.

I'm starting to see a trend here that is trying to shove Avion away for a sh** airline for the simple reason that they are an ACMI.

These guys are taking advantage of all these so called flag carriers, with their ridiculous standards required to even apply (like Air France requiring ICAO French 6... Just so they can say "hey, we hire anybody!" when realistically only french people will have that type of French level), and the fact that these same airlines are offering sh** wages to experienced pilots, wages that should only apply to cadets and only for the first year, if even that much.
I have better terms and conditions than all Lowcosts, which are the realistic entry points for any low hour pilots.
I have my free crew meals at my disposal and free drinks whenever I want on the cockpit (RYR and EZY you have to pay for those).
Everyone is extremely competent, from Office Workers, to maintenance, to cabin crew and then flight crew.
The bad weeds are plucked fast and efficiently, to be retrained, or terminated in case they refuse to change.

During rotation periods, almost everything is paid for. Some bases, EVERYTHING is paid for. That means, on top of a VERY good salary, you're still saving money by not having to rent an apartment or book a hotel. Breakfast is paid for (on some bases, lunch and dinner too). Transport from the hotel to the airport is paid for and ALWAYS on time, if the hotel is too far away.
Flights from your home to the base and back home are paid for, with hold luggage included.

My trips and schedule are all efficiently taken care of. It's not perfect, but they're human, and I can't expect perfection.
Nothing a quick chat with them won't solve, should I have any issues or questions.

What's there not to like?
I've met some people here that got in via Eaglejet or BAA or whatever broker they got through, and I couldn't care less where they come from. Even if I paid 20K to get in, this money is recouped in less than a year due to wages and the amount of money we save by having everything paid for.
My T&C's aren't changing, and they're better than what I've been offered so far:
-Marabu offered 1200€ per month before taxes and considering 60h flown per month)
-Condor offer was similar to Marabu.
-Wizzair is still offering 1400€ per month after taxes but already including perdiems.
-AFAIK, Eurowings will only upgrade your wage after 1 year with them. Before that, you're stuck with 1500€ or 1600€. But I never got a direct offer because I refuse to pay to travel for their ridiculous selection process, so I'm not holding on this one.

The only thing Avion does is to dock your wage before you finish line training. In my case, I was earning 1000€ per month. AND I started getting paid from the first day of OCC. Meaning, if it took 2 months to start LIFUS, I wouldn't be drying out in the sun. After you do that and you get 100h flown with them, you're upgraded to FO salary, which is considerable. Base 3000€ during winter and base 5500€ during summer. Sure, we get low BH pay, but at least now I'm sitting in front of my computer doing jack sh*t and earning a comfortable 100€ per day just by existing and being hired by them.

I'm sorry but there's a reason almost everyone in Avion is happy to be there. It's not the best, sure, but in lack of a better chance, it's pretty good. The offered wages are definitely the best I ever seen, considering my chances and current experience. Nowhere would EasyJet or Ryanair offer me so much take home lol.
Ryanair or easyjet would offer You a legal national contract where you are considered an employee with taxes and social security paid. Many other airlines would do the same.
Are you aware of the fact that you are not employed by Avion, but you are instead contracted by some agencies based in some tax heavens which in turn send you to work for their client like Avion for instance?
Are You aware of the fact that your “very good salary” is gross? Today you’re probably a 20-something y.o. just starting to get some money in the bank so your tax office won’t bother too much. Try that in your 40s and 50s with houses and stuff under your name and see how you get away with a gross salary.
nickler is offline  
Old 25th Nov 2023, 22:08
  #174 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Earth
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nickler
Ryanair or easyjet would offer You a legal national contract where you are considered an employee with taxes and social security paid. Many other airlines would do the same.
Are you aware of the fact that you are not employed by Avion, but you are instead contracted by some agencies based in some tax heavens which in turn send you to work for their client like Avion for instance?
Are You aware of the fact that your “very good salary” is gross? Today you’re probably a 20-something y.o. just starting to get some money in the bank so your tax office won’t bother too much. Try that in your 40s and 50s with houses and stuff under your name and see how you get away with a gross salary.
My very good salary is gross and it's up to me to deduct it correctly in my country, via my own established company for this exact purpose, that gives me very good tax rates if I do everything correctly.

It's not 100%, but I'm keeping close to 90%.

Also I'm not sure why you get age in the argument. Avion has captains of all ages and most of them are more than happy to keep this arrangement.

Maybe even if it's through an agency, we have more security than some flag carriers. Because while these so called airlines are trying to scrape the barrel with hilariously bad wages, there's a certain type of company that'll pick their slack, and it'll be happy to do it forever.
That type of company is Avion. I mean, it's not surprising that they doubled their fleet in 2 years, and are expecting another 15 aircraft in 2024, or is it?

​​​​​​Once again not defending avion in particular, I just find it amusing that people are bashing companies just for the sake of it.
I've witnessed more dangerous behaviours on flag carriers and low costs than I've ever witnessed in avion, at least until now.

Last edited by Ragneir; 26th Nov 2023 at 01:55.
Ragneir is offline  
Old 26th Nov 2023, 07:29
  #175 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Dubai, once... now London
Age: 49
Posts: 131
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ragneir
My very good salary is gross and it's up to me to deduct it correctly in my country, via my own established company for this exact purpose, that gives me very good tax rates if I do everything correctly.

It's not 100%, but I'm keeping close to 90%.

Also I'm not sure why you get age in the argument. Avion has captains of all ages and most of them are more than happy to keep this arrangement.

Maybe even if it's through an agency, we have more security than some flag carriers. Because while these so called airlines are trying to scrape the barrel with hilariously bad wages, there's a certain type of company that'll pick their slack, and it'll be happy to do it forever.
That type of company is Avion. I mean, it's not surprising that they doubled their fleet in 2 years, and are expecting another 15 aircraft in 2024, or is it?

​​​​​​Once again not defending avion in particular, I just find it amusing that people are bashing companies just for the sake of it.
I've witnessed more dangerous behaviours on flag carriers and low costs than I've ever witnessed in avion, at least until now.
The point is You shouldn’t be establishing your own company to be an airline pilot and pay taxes. You should have a regular employee contract. If someone then wishes to become an entrepreneur then by all means they can go ahead and start their own company/business but that shouldn’t be needed just to work a regular employee job. The above mentioned way of operating from those kind of airlines allows them to have much much lower fixed costs therefore getting loads of commissions from legacies and LCC for peak periods. All of this is also possibile thanks to a very flexible fiscal regime in some Eastern European countries.
I don’t know where you are from, but you probably started an LLC where you cash your salary. In order to keep 90% of you earnings in the majority of Central European countries you need a lot of imagination when filling up the tax declaration at the end of the year. Thrust me I tried it, and where I come from (if you want to be 100% clean) you’re ending up with 60% of your hard earned cash.
I have no doubts this gig suits you since you made your arrangements.
Point is if they played a different game, I.e. offer direct contracts, then I would be very curious to witness the same huge expansion.
nickler is offline  
Old 26th Nov 2023, 13:15
  #176 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: on the edge.
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ragneir
My very good salary is gross and it's up to me to deduct it correctly in my country, via my own established company for this exact purpose, that gives me very good tax rates if I do everything correctly.

It's not 100%, but I'm keeping close to 90%.

Also I'm not sure why you get age in the argument. Avion has captains of all ages and most of them are more than happy to keep this arrangement.

Maybe even if it's through an agency, we have more security than some flag carriers. Because while these so called airlines are trying to scrape the barrel with hilariously bad wages, there's a certain type of company that'll pick their slack, and it'll be happy to do it forever.
That type of company is Avion. I mean, it's not surprising that they doubled their fleet in 2 years, and are expecting another 15 aircraft in 2024, or is it?

​​​​​​Once again not defending avion in particular, I just find it amusing that people are bashing companies just for the sake of it.
I've witnessed more dangerous behaviours on flag carriers and low costs than I've ever witnessed in avion, at least until now.
That is the perfect meat for bottom feeder baltic scam companies like the ones mentioned above.
Good luck ... the worst of Heston and dumblynx, that couldnt find a job anywhere else is now in avion... captains fired because orbiting below MSA in Nigeria in IMC, or the famous capt that did a go around from 6ft in CDG, and few other professionals are all there now.
People is advised, those companies are just dangerous organizations, with an accident waiting to happen.
TheEdge is offline  
Old 26th Nov 2023, 17:09
  #177 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Dubai, once... now London
Age: 49
Posts: 131
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, if I may… let’s keep the discussion within the T&C. I do know for a fact there are many talented professionals working in ACMIs as there are in every airline. The point is what you sign up for and how this drives the industry.
nickler is offline  
Old 27th Nov 2023, 13:37
  #178 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Earth
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheEdge
That is the perfect meat for bottom feeder baltic scam companies like the ones mentioned above.
Good luck ... the worst of Heston and dumblynx, that couldnt find a job anywhere else is now in avion... captains fired because orbiting below MSA in Nigeria in IMC, or the famous capt that did a go around from 6ft in CDG, and few other professionals are all there now.
People is advised, those companies are just dangerous organizations, with an accident waiting to happen.
The T&C of Avion are good enough if you don't mind them. They pay well, you're treated well, you end up saving a bunch of money. Not sure what this scam you're talking about is. I'm not being paid with monopoly money.

Good luck ... the worst of Heston and dumblynx, that couldnt find a job anywhere else is now in avion... captains fired because orbiting below MSA in Nigeria in IMC, or the famous capt that did a go around from 6ft in CDG, and few other professionals are all there now.
People is advised, those companies are just dangerous organizations, with an accident waiting to happen.
If you want to go that way, there's many companies, flag carries even, out there with captains with severe incidents and even fatal accidents. Some of those captains would still be around if they miraculously had survived the accidents they caused.
All airlines are companies with accidents waiting to happen. It's a byproduct of aviation and flying.
But when it comes to our own training and all the stops put in place to stop these accidents, I'd say that Avion is doing a pretty good job.

​​​​​​​or the famous capt that did a go around from 6ft in CDG
Yep, I chalk this up with french ATC being french ATC. If you read the report about this one (extensively studied in Avion since it was one of our airplanes), you'd know that this was 90% caused by ATC being unable to speak correct english, and because french ATC has this stupid habit of speaking french in comms with other french people. So he gave the correct QNH to a french pilot, but kept giving the incorrect QNH to the foreign pilots. Maybe if they had some training that'd say "ENGLISH ONLY, FRENCH ONLY IN ABSOLUTE EMERGENCY" this wouldn't have happened. He even forgot to switch on the PAPIs on the runway lol.

I'd say maybe educate yourself before coming out here spewing stupidity. Because with that attitude, for you most flag carriers should be in a lower level than Avion, considering many of them had fatal accidents already, some due to gross negligence.
Ragneir is offline  
Old 27th Nov 2023, 17:01
  #179 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Neverland
Posts: 76
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ragneir
I'm really appaled at the comments here from supposed pilots that most likely never flew for Avion.
.
I got into Avion as Zero Time on Type Cadet (did my Type Rating on my own, then grabbed my chance and held on to it for dear life), did my line training with STELLAR LTC's, constant support from Crewing, consistent flying (I hit the 100h per month limitation and had to extend my stay in the base), and constant and considerable support from other FO's and non-LT Captains.
Everywhere I turned, I asked for help trying to get better, to improve myself as a pilot, and EVERYWHERE I would get the support I asked. Some LTC's would go out of their way to spend their days off interacting with me, making sure I was reading the correct material, the correct OM's and FCOM Chapters, and helping me become a generally better pilot and person on the cockpit.

I'm starting to see a trend here that is trying to shove Avion away for a sh** airline for the simple reason that they are an ACMI.

These guys are taking advantage of all these so called flag carriers, with their ridiculous standards required to even apply (like Air France requiring ICAO French 6... Just so they can say "hey, we hire anybody!" when realistically only french people will have that type of French level), and the fact that these same airlines are offering sh** wages to experienced pilots, wages that should only apply to cadets and only for the first year, if even that much.
I have better terms and conditions than all Lowcosts, which are the realistic entry points for any low hour pilots.
I have my free crew meals at my disposal and free drinks whenever I want on the cockpit (RYR and EZY you have to pay for those).
Everyone is extremely competent, from Office Workers, to maintenance, to cabin crew and then flight crew.
The bad weeds are plucked fast and efficiently, to be retrained, or terminated in case they refuse to change.

During rotation periods, almost everything is paid for. Some bases, EVERYTHING is paid for. That means, on top of a VERY good salary, you're still saving money by not having to rent an apartment or book a hotel. Breakfast is paid for (on some bases, lunch and dinner too). Transport from the hotel to the airport is paid for and ALWAYS on time, if the hotel is too far away.
Flights from your home to the base and back home are paid for, with hold luggage included.

My trips and schedule are all efficiently taken care of. It's not perfect, but they're human, and I can't expect perfection.
Nothing a quick chat with them won't solve, should I have any issues or questions.

What's there not to like?
I've met some people here that got in via Eaglejet or BAA or whatever broker they got through, and I couldn't care less where they come from. Even if I paid 20K to get in, this money is recouped in less than a year due to wages and the amount of money we save by having everything paid for.
My T&C's aren't changing, and they're better than what I've been offered so far:
-Marabu offered 1200€ per month before taxes and considering 60h flown per month)
-Condor offer was similar to Marabu.
-Wizzair is still offering 1400€ per month after taxes but already including perdiems.
-AFAIK, Eurowings will only upgrade your wage after 1 year with them. Before that, you're stuck with 1500€ or 1600€. But I never got a direct offer because I refuse to pay to travel for their ridiculous selection process, so I'm not holding on this one.

The only thing Avion does is to dock your wage before you finish line training. In my case, I was earning 1000€ per month. AND I started getting paid from the first day of OCC. Meaning, if it took 2 months to start LIFUS, I wouldn't be drying out in the sun. After you do that and you get 100h flown with them, you're upgraded to FO salary, which is considerable. Base 3000€ during winter and base 5500€ during summer. Sure, we get low BH pay, but at least now I'm sitting in front of my computer doing jack sh*t and earning a comfortable 100€ per day just by existing and being hired by them.

I'm sorry but there's a reason almost everyone in Avion is happy to be there. It's not the best, sure, but in lack of a better chance, it's pretty good. The offered wages are definitely the best I ever seen, considering my chances and current experience. Nowhere would EasyJet or Ryanair offer me so much take home lol.
See, now we know you are full of it.

Wizz will pay you more than double what you are saying. As a brand new cadet you will be taking home after taxes 3k or more per month depending on how much you work, and you will be having your taxes and soc security paid properly, not by doing the dodgy company self employment crap that drops wages. RYR will pay you a little more than wizz, and EZY will pay you more than both generally.

I mean I did some OOB stuff with Wizz when I was there and I was pulling in 9k per month gross (about 6k net) as an FO after proper taxes paid etc.

Potatos_69 is offline  
Old 27th Nov 2023, 17:05
  #180 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Earth
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Potatos_69
See, now we know you are full of it.

Wizz will pay you more than double what you are saying. As a brand new cadet you will be taking home after taxes 3k or more per month depending on how much you work, and you will be having your taxes and soc security paid properly, not by doing the dodgy company self employment crap that drops wages. RYR will pay you a little more than wizz, and EZY will pay you more than both generally.

I mean I did some OOB stuff with Wizz when I was there and I was pulling in 9k per month gross (about 6k net) as an FO after proper taxes paid etc.
Funny. Not only their base is 800-1000€, their perdiems are awful. And over that, they still have their stupid multiplier depending on the base you are. So using their arbritrary scale and scope of living, you might even be getting less than what they offer.
It's also funny you're talking about those wages when both me and a few others from Avion were invited for Wizzair and got offered exactly what I mentioned.
No, I'm not full of it. Just feels like people all around are jelly from not taking from Avion's pie when it's hot. It's no surprise Wizzair is the worst paying company in Europe.
Ragneir is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.