PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avion Express
Thread: Avion Express
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2023, 12:37
Ragneir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheEdge
That is the perfect meat for bottom feeder baltic scam companies like the ones mentioned above.
Good luck ... the worst of Heston and dumblynx, that couldnt find a job anywhere else is now in avion... captains fired because orbiting below MSA in Nigeria in IMC, or the famous capt that did a go around from 6ft in CDG, and few other professionals are all there now.
People is advised, those companies are just dangerous organizations, with an accident waiting to happen.
The T&C of Avion are good enough if you don't mind them. They pay well, you're treated well, you end up saving a bunch of money. Not sure what this scam you're talking about is. I'm not being paid with monopoly money.

Good luck ... the worst of Heston and dumblynx, that couldnt find a job anywhere else is now in avion... captains fired because orbiting below MSA in Nigeria in IMC, or the famous capt that did a go around from 6ft in CDG, and few other professionals are all there now.
People is advised, those companies are just dangerous organizations, with an accident waiting to happen.
If you want to go that way, there's many companies, flag carries even, out there with captains with severe incidents and even fatal accidents. Some of those captains would still be around if they miraculously had survived the accidents they caused.
All airlines are companies with accidents waiting to happen. It's a byproduct of aviation and flying.
But when it comes to our own training and all the stops put in place to stop these accidents, I'd say that Avion is doing a pretty good job.

or the famous capt that did a go around from 6ft in CDG
Yep, I chalk this up with french ATC being french ATC. If you read the report about this one (extensively studied in Avion since it was one of our airplanes), you'd know that this was 90% caused by ATC being unable to speak correct english, and because french ATC has this stupid habit of speaking french in comms with other french people. So he gave the correct QNH to a french pilot, but kept giving the incorrect QNH to the foreign pilots. Maybe if they had some training that'd say "ENGLISH ONLY, FRENCH ONLY IN ABSOLUTE EMERGENCY" this wouldn't have happened. He even forgot to switch on the PAPIs on the runway lol.

I'd say maybe educate yourself before coming out here spewing stupidity. Because with that attitude, for you most flag carriers should be in a lower level than Avion, considering many of them had fatal accidents already, some due to gross negligence.

Last edited by Senior Pilot; 8th May 2024 at 09:43. Reason: Remove invisible colour selection!