Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Laudamotion

Old 6th Sep 2019, 13:52
  #41 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Anywhere and nowhere
Posts: 91
And the unions doing...nothing
Newcomer2 is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2019, 15:08
  #42 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Up north
Posts: 1,606
Originally Posted by Newcomer2 View Post
And the unions doing...nothing
Are the Laudamotion pilots in the union? If no proper representation then hard for union to do much. Either way, Austria has always had some of the worst T&Cs in Europe so not really surprised....

CP
CaptainProp is online now  
Old 6th Sep 2019, 17:32
  #43 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Anywhere and nowhere
Posts: 91
Well, the unions in Ryanair could obviously call for a strike to prevent the company from transfering their flights to their other airlines. That has already been done elsewhere in Europe.
The problem is that the unions in Ryanair don't seem to be working together. Some strike in august, some in September,...you get my point: easy for the company to cover the strikes by sending people from other bases to cover them.
Now if all the unions in ryanair, from every country, were calling for a single common strike to stop the development of Laudamotion/Buzz/Malta air at the expense of the Ryanair employees who have better conditions, then maybe things would change a little.
Newcomer2 is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2019, 15:31
  #44 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 559
Unfortunately it’s illegal in most countries to coordinate a strike across different territories, so the unions hands are tied in that respect
UAV689 is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2019, 09:55
  #45 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: LGW
Posts: 806
Is it illegal for management to coordinate the cancelled flight?
Last time, Lauda Motion crew were the strikebreaker for Ryanair.
Disgraceful.
a350pilots is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2019, 19:45
  #46 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Ty
Posts: 11
Good evening! Anyone joined Lauda recently ore have more info about TR with them? They’re offering PMI and VIE base.. the salary seems to be very very low..
Sky17_ is offline  
Old 9th Sep 2019, 10:09
  #47 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by Sky17_ View Post
Good evening! Anyone joined Lauda recently ore have more info about TR with them? They’re offering PMI and VIE base.. the salary seems to be very very low..
Please, please, don,t even consider to apply! Otherwise you will keep on feeding the cancer in aviation: the downslope in terms and conditions. If no one applies, they don,t even have the pilots to replace striking pilots in other RYR subsidiaries.
Indeed, all (RYR) pilot unions should work together and organise a pan European strike, if needed lasting several days in a row. Only than you will get things moving.
look at what happens today: because almost every BA pilot is member of the SAME union, they can organize a big massive strik and almost the complete fleet is grounded. That will give big disruption for the passengers and will hit the management hard. They will have to listen!

E.C.
El Capitano is offline  
Old 9th Sep 2019, 10:17
  #48 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 559
Originally Posted by Sky17_ View Post
Good evening! Anyone joined Lauda recently ore have more info about TR with them? They’re offering PMI and VIE base.. the salary seems to be very very low..
The salary is low!! Its the low cost arm of the low cost Ryanair!! The pmi base salary takes 8 years to earn what a ryr “mainline” capt earns....
UAV689 is offline  
Old 9th Sep 2019, 16:02
  #49 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Germany
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by UAV689 View Post


The salary is low!! Its the low cost arm of the low cost Ryanair!! The pmi base salary takes 8 years to earn what a ryr “mainline” capt earns....
Crazy times we are living in.
rubani17 is offline  
Old 9th Sep 2019, 18:42
  #50 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Ty
Posts: 11
Thanks for answering.. the attractive part is that they’re “offering” (bond) the Type rating and if you’re staying with them more than 3 year is.. let’s say “for free”!

But comparing to Ryan and other companies, the salary is very low.. 2500€/net for an experienced First Officer is really nothing.
Sky17_ is offline  
Old 9th Sep 2019, 19:35
  #51 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 943
A bond is not free.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 9th Sep 2019, 20:52
  #52 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 281
Originally Posted by Joe le Taxi View Post
Oh gawd. You've been at easyjet too long already. ;-)
Lol. Had the same thought while reading this thread from top to bottom. Must be fun in the COCKpit(ohh, am I sexistic now as well? ;-))
tomuchwork is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2019, 09:23
  #53 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: France
Posts: 22
Hey !

Anyone here was called for the Lauda screening ?

Thx
737ng_x is online now  
Old 11th Sep 2019, 09:43
  #54 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Ty
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by 737ng_x View Post
Hey !

Anyone here was called for the Lauda screening ?

Thx
Hi,

A friend of mine has been invited.. seems to be same screening as Ryanair..
Sky17_ is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2019, 10:55
  #55 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 19
Anybody know the terms and conditions?
TinFoilhat2 is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2019, 12:27
  #56 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5
Terms & Conditions Overview

Roster:
5 early / 2 off / 5 late / 3 off. What is early and what is late is not defined, but expect "early" to be a start some time between 3am and noon and "late" a check-out between 9pm and 2am. The schedule is unstable. Typical rosters contain a lot of STBY duties. If you do not achieve 850 block hours, the company can take you out of this pattern and roster you on a flexible basis. Confirmed rosters are published on Fri for the next week and every duty is subject to change to another one of the same type (early/late) until you check in. At the moment, flight crews get 35 days vacation, which can (theoretically) be requested also on short notice on any duty day. The company prefers you to take vacation during the winter. If you reach 850hrs, you are expected to use up your annual leave thereafter.

Salary:
Entry level FO: 3.200EUR / CPT: 6.300EUR / month "guaranteed" gross (Includes 35 block hours).
If you fly more, you will receive additional scheduled block hour pay - up to 70hrs that is 18EUR/h for FOs and 31EUR/h for CPTs gross, thereafter the block hour rate increases. If you are not a training captain, expect about 60hrs/month.

Pilots, that come with experience on aircraft with a MTOW above 19.5T can join on a higher salary level. Each 1.000hrs on such aircraft types count as 1 year. The complete pay scale can be found in the original CLA under paragraph 7. The guaranteed monthly gross salary is listed under 7.5, the block hour pay under 7.2. Google "Kollektivvertrag Laudamotion" to find it.

Contract:
Training contract with training pay (Level 1 without block hour pay or daily allowances, if off-base) until the final line check, thereafter you get assigned to a base and receive the permanent contract. The training base is typically VIE.

Overall the morale in the company is low. Recently there have been quite a few terminations of senior / long-term staff.

Last edited by crj_z2; 11th Sep 2019 at 14:53.
crj_z2 is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2019, 13:23
  #57 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 19
Sounds like a great place to work....said nobody ever!!
TinFoilhat2 is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2019, 15:06
  #58 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 17
18 euro/h? Cabby driver makes even more!
polskiland is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2019, 18:51
  #59 (permalink)  
EAM
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Somewhere in time
Posts: 587
Originally Posted by polskiland View Post
18 euro/h? Cabby driver makes even more!
On top of a 3200€ basic salary, not bad, which city is that?
EAM is online now  
Old 11th Sep 2019, 19:02
  #60 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Up north
Posts: 1,606
Originally Posted by crj_z2 View Post
Roster:
5 early / 2 off / 5 late / 3 off. What is early and what is late is not defined, but expect "early" to be a start some time between 3am and noon and "late" a check-out between 9pm and 2am. The schedule is unstable. Typical rosters contain a lot of STBY duties. If you do not achieve 850 block hours, the company can take you out of this pattern and roster you on a flexible basis. Confirmed rosters are published on Fri for the next week and every duty is subject to change to another one of the same type (early/late) until you check in. At the moment, flight crews get 35 days vacation, which can (theoretically) be requested also on short notice on any duty day. The company prefers you to take vacation during the winter. If you reach 850hrs, you are expected to use up your annual leave thereafter.

Salary:
Entry level FO: 3.200EUR / CPT: 6.300EUR / month "guaranteed" gross (Includes 35 block hours).
If you fly more, you will receive additional scheduled block hour pay - up to 70hrs that is 18EUR/h for FOs and 31EUR/h for CPTs gross, thereafter the block hour rate increases. If you are not a training captain, expect about 60hrs/month.

Pilots, that come with experience on aircraft with a MTOW above 19.5T can join on a higher salary level. Each 1.000hrs on such aircraft types count as 1 year. The complete pay scale can be found in the original CLA under paragraph 7. The guaranteed monthly gross salary is listed under 7.5, the block hour pay under 7.2. Google "Kollektivvertrag Laudamotion" to find it.

Contract:
Training contract with training pay (Level 1 without block hour pay or daily allowances, if off-base) until the final line check, thereafter you get assigned to a base and receive the permanent contract. The training base is typically VIE.

Overall the morale in the company is low. Recently there have been quite a few terminations of senior / long-term staff.
As I said before........and still they never run out of applications......unbelievable.....

CP
CaptainProp is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.