Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Laudamotion

Old 1st Sep 2019, 07:05
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: venice
Age: 38
Posts: 4
Hi Newcomer2. Do you know how much is the taxation in Austria? It seems to be a super low salary for 75h....I thougth was allined with Ryanair payroll
ciccinovolante is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 10:34
  #22 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Anywhere and nowhere
Posts: 91
Originally Posted by ciccinovolante View Post
Hi Newcomer2. Do you know how much is the taxation in Austria? It seems to be a super low salary for 75h....I thougth was allined with Ryanair payroll
Taxation in Austria is really high, about 50% of your gross salary. There are online tax calculators as well, they give the same figures.
You can also compare the gross salaries and you will see that the conditions are definitely not the same: the total package for a ryanair captain in Spain is around 154000 euros per year, in Lauda based in Palma (same country!) it's 98000, so 37% less.

There's a reason why ryanair is stopping the recruitment and closing bases, it's a management tactic to transfer the flights to their other airlines where the conditions are worse. Capitalism at its best...
Newcomer2 is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 13:11
  #23 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: South of the North pole
Posts: 199
Just For You VJW!!

Originally Posted by VJW View Post
As I said, it appears it was unintentional, however I don't have to lighten up if I feel someone is being sexist..
As an airplane is about to crash, a female passenger jumps up frantically and announces, "If I'm going to die, I want to die feeling like a woman." She removes all her clothing and asks, "Is there someone on this plane who is man enough to make me feel like a woman?" A man stands up, removes his shirt and says, "Here, iron this!".
Daddy Fantastic is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 13:12
  #24 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: South of the North pole
Posts: 199
Also for VJW

Originally Posted by VJW View Post
As I said, it appears it was unintentional, however I don't have to lighten up if I feel someone is being sexist..
A man is lying on the beach, wearing nothing but a cap over his crotch. A woman passing by remarks, "If you were any sort of a gentleman, you would lift your hat to a lady." He replies, "If you were any sort of a sexy lady, the hat would lift by itself."
Daddy Fantastic is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 14:12
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Isla Grande
Posts: 745
Austro Control investigations (German)
gearlever is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 15:09
  #26 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Anywhere and nowhere
Posts: 91
Sorry I don't speak German, but using google translate I understand that 4 pilots were fired because they made some ASRs, and that the airline is now under investigation, is that correct?
Newcomer2 is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 15:26
  #27 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Isla Grande
Posts: 745
Austro Control examines error culture at Laudamotion

The four pilots were former Head of Flight Operations, Head of Training Departement, Vice Head of Training Departement and Chief Technical Pilot.
gearlever is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 15:51
  #28 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Having a margarita on the beach
Age: 100
Posts: 1,353
Originally Posted by gearlever View Post
Austro Control examines error culture at Laudamotion

The four pilots were former Head of Flight Operations, Head of Training Departement, Vice Head of Training Departement and Chief Technical Pilot.
The apple does not fall too far from the tree I guess.
sonicbum is offline  
Old 2nd Sep 2019, 07:54
  #29 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: World
Posts: 107
Originally Posted by sonicbum View Post
The apple does not fall too far from the tree I guess.
Give it up, you are ridiculous
BoeingLudo737 is offline  
Old 2nd Sep 2019, 15:15
  #30 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 27
Application ban on Lauda motion, buzz and Ryanair Sun

Originally Posted by BoeingLudo737 View Post
Give it up, you are ridiculous
Everyone is free to apply for the airline he/she would like to fly for, but please stop applying at Lauda Motion, buzz and Ryanair Sun and even Ryanair main airline.
Don,t accept their crappy conditions, even much worser than Ryanair itself. Again a evasive tactic from O leary and his scum management: closing bases where the unions did fight for market conform conditions and instead serving these bases with their freshly launched new airlines, Lauda Motion, Buzz, Air Malta and Ryanair Sun with much lower salaries. No pilot or cabin crew should accept these insult terms and conditiins, by simply not applying at all.
And again it is made clear that all pilot and cabin crew union
from each individual (European) state should merge together and make one big common protest at EU commision level to stop these slavery conditions. It is high time that the low fare race to the bottom is being stopped!!
It is a fact that in the USA the conditions are much better, thanks to a very strong union who continues fighting hard for the conditions their union members deserve!
El Capitano is offline  
Old 2nd Sep 2019, 17:05
  #31 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Isla Grande
Posts: 745
El Capitano,

well said, I fully agree.
Sad the EU Commission cares about the shape of bananas but concerning working conditions in aviation they seem like a toothless tiger to me.
gearlever is offline  
Old 2nd Sep 2019, 17:37
  #32 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Italy
Age: 30
Posts: 88
I agree.
The fact the EU is permitting this is just ridiculous.
bulldog89 is online now  
Old 2nd Sep 2019, 22:41
  #33 (permalink)  

I Have Control
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Up North
Posts: 1,187
EU? No thank you
RoyHudd is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 09:57
  #34 (permalink)  
Aso
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by gearlever View Post
El Capitano,

well said, I fully agree.
Sad the EU Commission cares about the shape of bananas but concerning working conditions in aviation they seem like a toothless tiger to me.
Sorry get your facts straight: the banana stories and similar non sense we got thanks to Boris the liar https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...s-followed-his

Social dumping is very high on the social agenda at both the EC and EASA thanks to Ryanair.... Only issue it takes time to ensure that all parties that negotiate (read unions, employers, states, etc) have agreed on a text that suits most.

So stop reading the Daily Mail and maybe ask your union what they are doing on this issue and ask what you can do!
Aso is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 10:21
  #35 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Earth
Posts: 1
Well of course you can join, get a type rating and some experience and just move on. Maybe thats what they want. Seems a silly way to run an airline to me but once a pilot has enough jet time they will just move on for better paying jobs.

These rubbish paying LCC operators will be in a state of perpetual hiring which seems crazy.
TinFoilhat is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 19:10
  #36 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Up north
Posts: 1,601
Originally Posted by TinFoilhat View Post
Well of course you can join, get a type rating and some experience and just move on. Maybe thats what they want. Seems a silly way to run an airline to me but once a pilot has enough jet time they will just move on for better paying jobs.

These rubbish paying LCC operators will be in a state of perpetual hiring which seems crazy.
Cheaper than having to pay for loyalty of people staying too long with the company. Sad but thatís the way that calculation goes.

CP
CaptainProp is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2019, 16:13
  #37 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Austria
Age: 61
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by Newcomer2 View Post


Taxation in Austria is really high, about 50% of your gross salary. There are online tax calculators as well, they give the same figures.
You can also compare the gross salaries and you will see that the conditions are definitely not the same: the total package for a ryanair captain in Spain is around 154000 euros per year, in Lauda based in Palma (same country!) it's 98000, so 37% less.

There's a reason why ryanair is stopping the recruitment and closing bases, it's a management tactic to transfer the flights to their other airlines where the conditions are worse. Capitalism at its best...
I suggest you do not apply to this company!!!!
having said that there are many special tricks in Austria which bring the taxrate down!
Evrybody gets 14 monthly salaries (13/14 in June/November) Urlaubsgeld/Christmasbonus taxed at 6! Percent thatís law!
6 weeks of annual payed leave( 42 days) thatís law!
basically gets U down to max 42% tax. Tricky to compare with other countries.
and I repeat in spite of this correction : do not apply for this company
tcas69 is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2019, 21:00
  #38 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Anywhere and nowhere
Posts: 91
Tcas69,
the figures I gave are gross per year and already include the 13th and 14th month. Whether you divide 98000 euros gross by 12 or by 14, it's still 98000 euros gross per year for a captain, whatever that makes net in your pocket
Newcomer2 is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2019, 07:22
  #39 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Qwerty
Posts: 350
Originally Posted by Aso View Post
Sorry get your facts straight: the banana stories and similar non sense we got thanks to Boris the liar https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...s-followed-his

Social dumping is very high on the social agenda at both the EC and EASA thanks to Ryanair.... Only issue it takes time to ensure that all parties that negotiate (read unions, employers, states, etc) have agreed on a text that suits most.

So stop reading the Daily Mail and maybe ask your union what they are doing on this issue and ask what you can do!
So whilst you are busy lecturing every one about what they read you then point us in the direction of some equally agenda driven drivel whilst ignoring that EC Commission Regulation No 2257/94 did used to exist and included regulations about the size and shape of Banana's and Cucumbers. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ped-by-EU.html
​​​​​​
Council Van is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2019, 09:14
  #40 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 559
Rapidly apparent that lauds and sun are to be the lower cost arm of the lowest cost arm in Europe...

its a a massive rinse and repeat job, with some ex architects of ryr parachuted into lauda, even
offering jobs to cadets that applied to ryr now switched to lauda and Christ knows what terms..

whilst at at the same time closing Spanish bases and replacing them with lauda or sun crews.

UAV689 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.