Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Old 6th Sep 2016, 20:42
  #1001 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: brisbane
Age: 30
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by sepgc View Post
Mn64 I havent been able to get a hold of them to find out yet... rung at 8am sharp then again in the afternoon and had to leave a voicemail, I also emailed.
I found I had a voicemail asking for more information too while I was in NZ, fingers crossed I can get in touch with them today!
Hi Sepgc- I got the unsuccessful email yesterday- I wonder why they're sending them out at different times? I'm really hoping it's a mistake, I've already done my ASIC and medical-which isn't exact cheap. I've been trying to get someone on the phone since last Thursday for this mysterious information they need from me, If you get onto them first pleeeeeaase let me know what it is and that we haven't been rejected after all this time! :/
poppyseed is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2016, 21:55
  #1002 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: brisbane
Age: 30
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by Mn64 View Post
Did you also apply last year? Did the Dr give you the result of the medical? I'm sure it's just a strange mistake! Sorry you have to go through this stress
Yep. I applied November last year, so I'm not too worried but not ready to dismiss it yet. When I was at the medical the doctor said I was absolutely fine, he just had to wait for my serology before giving me a 'green tick'- so I can only assume it's not related to that. Hopeful someone gets in contact soon- the girl that phoned me must only work part time because every time I phone she's never in office and no one else seems to know what she wanted.
poppyseed is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2016, 23:36
  #1003 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Dxb-Syd
Posts: 66
Sorry to hear that, poppyseed
I hope someone will get back to you and explain what happened.
It was so weird you've received a medical email before ASIC email, and now this rejection letter... You must be so stressed ATM
Did you say earlier you haven't been able to log into ASIC at all, after you've received the link, or did you manage later on?
Cause, and I'm now just sharing my thoughts, if they started your ASIC and you've seen any green ticks, maybe it really means your rejection letter is a mistake...
It is my understanding that QF pays for all those checks, so I find it a bit odd they'd reject you after receiving a positive background check and 'all-clear' medical result. I honestly hope all ends good for you.


And, as for me, tomorrow will be a week after my last green tick on ASIC, and still no email informing me of completing it...
Knowing all of you guys received it within a short time, I'm getting a tad bit nervous. Surely it doesn't take that long to inform me of that 'active hold position', if I'm even on it.
Dinc D Princ is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2016, 00:12
  #1004 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Dxb-Syd
Posts: 66
Cocoana, I have to apologize, but I saw your message just now asking me if I did my medical.
No, no medical. Completed ASIC on the 1'st and nothing happened after that. Zero emails about completing ASIC, let alone starting medical or being put on hold.
I know you've been waiting for a looong time now(3 weeks, right?), so I can't even imagine how you feel. Like I said once before, I'm just hoping everyone here gets it.

Last edited by Dinc D Princ; 7th Sep 2016 at 00:36.
Dinc D Princ is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2016, 00:58
  #1005 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 64
Dear Poppyseed, so sorry for your news and I think we all feel for you. Yet I highly doubt it's a false alarm and I agree with Dinc D Princ, there is no reason after all process done successfully so far and they want to reject you. Let's hope the best will happen soon.

Oh Dinc D Princ, NO apologise needed I think for all of us who are still waiting for the next step, the past few weeks have been really difficult. I check everything including eQ, email and here almost every 2 hours every day, haha. I sometimes expect an reassurance email from them like some people received saying "we are in the process, thank you for your patient". I think in this stage, this would definitely help. Haha~

I heard that Melbourne GS starts on the 28th of Sep, now it's 2 weeks to get there. I'm thinking maybe I won't be able to get onto that session Oh dear... I still believe it's worth waiting till the last minute, it's just the anxious before hearing any update weeks after weeks ...

Fingers crossed for everyone here, hope all the best!!!
Cocoana is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2016, 01:31
  #1006 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 64
By the way, does anyone know your hiring manager? I think I saw it somewhere but I couldn't find it anymore? Any idea I could find the contact, please?
Cocoana is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2016, 02:08
  #1007 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: brisbane
Age: 30
Posts: 29
Thanks for the support guys, it's greatly appreciated! I'm hoping it's all must from closing the job ad. from last year!

No, that wasn't me- I got the ASIC done yesterday- link worked fine. I too find it a little strange that I did medical first, although I won't complain that it's something else I can tick off!

If you look on the first page of the ASIC link, it should be pre-filled as to who the hiring manager is, I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone though?
poppyseed is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2016, 03:33
  #1008 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 6
Well I finally heard back this afternoon about getting both an ASIC email and an unsuccessful email and unfortunately I did not make it through
sepgc is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2016, 20:59
  #1009 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: brisbane
Age: 30
Posts: 29
Hey Guys,
Well it's official, that unsuccessful email was correct. Shocked is an understatement. I'd emailed them asking if had been sent I corrctly after successfully completing my medical and ASIC. I pretty much got an automated reply saying my application has been unsuccessful. I then phoned the team juuust to confirm but she wouldn't give me any answers as to why. After spending so much money on the medical I really expected maybe a more substantial answer, but I understand they don't have to. It all seems a little strange to me to have made it so far and have them call me for 'more information' (which I still don't know what this was for) only to cut me a few days later.
I'm really hoping this was just a random occurrence so that there isn't anyone else in my position.
For anyone else that sadly gets this email too- try to keep a positive outlook- if it was meant to be, it will be. Soon I'll get a job doing something else and wonder why I hadn't started sooner and ever thought of doing anything else.
I truely wish you guys all the best of luck in your futures with the company. There's still a long way to go but stay positive and you'll be fine
poppyseed is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2016, 22:04
  #1010 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 6
Oh no sorry to hear that Poppyseed! Your situation is similar to mine I applied for BNE, I had the missed phone call re more information Thursday, then received an ASIC email on Friday morning then unsuccessful Friday afternoon and finally they got back to me yesterday afternoon. All the best for the future. Im not sure what my next step will be yet.

Last edited by sepgc; 7th Sep 2016 at 23:44.
sepgc is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2016, 22:25
  #1011 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 16
Oh no Poppyseed I am so shocked and so so sorry to hear that this has happened. It's really gut wrenching to be given absolutely no how or why after spending that much time and money on the experience so far.
I wish you all the best in the future, I'm sure there is something amazing waiting just around the corner for you!

Originally Posted by poppyseed View Post
Hey Guys,
Well it's official, that unsuccessful email was correct. Shocked is an understatement. I'd emailed them asking if had been sent I corrctly after successfully completing my medical and ASIC. I pretty much got an automated reply saying my application has been unsuccessful. I then phoned the team juuust to confirm but she wouldn't give me any answers as to why. After spending so much money on the medical I really expected maybe a more substantial answer, but I understand they don't have to. It all seems a little strange to me to have made it so far and have them call me for 'more information' (which I still don't know what this was for) only to cut me a few days later.
I'm really hoping this was just a random occurrence so that there isn't anyone else in my position.
For anyone else that sadly gets this email too- try to keep a positive outlook- if it was meant to be, it will be. Soon I'll get a job doing something else and wonder why I hadn't started sooner and ever thought of doing anything else.
I truely wish you guys all the best of luck in your futures with the company. There's still a long way to go but stay positive and you'll be fine
Lucyellen is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2016, 00:19
  #1012 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 209
So sorry to hear that sepgc, that is awful. It is interesting that it happened to both you and poppyseed, did you both apply to Brisbane? I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the Brisbane GS starts this or next week
Mn64 is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2016, 01:46
  #1013 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: brisbane
Age: 30
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by sepgc View Post
Oh no sorry to hear that Poppyseed! Your situation is similar to mine I applied for BNE, I had the missed phone call re more information Thursday, then received an ASIC email on Friday morning then unsuccessful Friday afternoon and finally they got back to me yesterday afternoon. All the best for the future. Im not sure what my next step will be yet.
I'm so sorry to hear it's been the same outcome for you too Sepgc- it's all very, very strange. I'm not sure about you but I am dead curious as to what information they wanted out of us prior to then saying we've been unsuccessful?
Mn64- yeah, I applied for Brisbane. I don't think it would have much to do with that though- they would have kept us on active hold for any future ground schools.
I guess there's not much you can do in these situations, just keep carrying on with life and wait for the right opportunity.
poppyseed is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2016, 02:00
  #1014 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Melbourne
Age: 30
Posts: 19
Really sorry to hear your news Brisbane hopefuls. Maybe they were chasing up some missing documents from you? Had you provided them with everything - completed Water Competency Certificate, RSA, First Aid etc? That's all I can think of. Although someone on here was contacted about their references a few weeks ago also. There was some confusion over that. Just trying to suggest a few things that might have lead to you getting this very sad news... Again, really sorry to hear this.
Lachlan.Turner is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2016, 03:39
  #1015 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 64
This is so disappointing.... Sorry to hear. I think we both have to work on our attitude towards this application. Things might happen, but we just have to find the positive part from them and hope the best for the future.
Cocoana is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2016, 06:54
  #1016 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Dxb-Syd
Posts: 66
4 months into the recruitment and ppl still get cut on literally every step of the process. Xref, ASIC, medical... you name it!
Like I said once before, when my friend received a rejection after Xref, I was really hoping we're done with rejections. Especially 'cause, sadly, they all come with zero explanations or feedback and you just want to know what is it you could have done better. I personally witnessed how much that bothered him-not knowing why-and we've spent many, many conversations guessing was it this, was it that... I've tried my best to keep his spirit up, but nothing I said was as good as their feedback would have been.
It's always a mix of feeling really sad for those who it happened to and that well known fear of what happens next with your own application.
Poppyseed & sepgc, I wish you both all the very best in your future careers and like you already said, it all happens for a good reason and maybe this was just clearing a way for something much better.
I'm super grateful I had a chance to read your stories on here and I thank you for all the input you've given to our little forum 'cause you've helped all of us sharing your application process stories. Keep your heads up!
Dinc D Princ is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2016, 07:12
  #1017 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 209
Originally Posted by Dinc D Princ View Post
4 months into the recruitment and ppl still get cut on literally every step of the process. Xref, ASIC, medical... you name it!
Like I said once before, when my friend received a rejection after Xref, I was really hoping we're done with rejections. Especially 'cause, sadly, they all come with zero explanations or feedback and you just want to know what is it you could have done better. I personally witnessed how much that bothered him-not knowing why-and we've spent many, many conversations guessing was it this, was it that... I've tried my best to keep his spirit up, but nothing I said was as good as their feedback would have been.
It's always a mix of feeling really sad for those who it happened to and that well known fear of what happens next with your own application.
Poppyseed & sepgc, I wish you both all the very best in your future careers and like you already said, it all happens for a good reason and maybe this was just clearing a way for something much better.
I'm super grateful I had a chance to read your stories on here and I thank you for all the input you've given to our little forum 'cause you've helped all of us sharing your application process stories. Keep your heads up!
Couldn't have put it better myself, Dinc D Princ!!
Mn64 is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2016, 08:29
  #1018 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 6
Oh great words Dinc D Princ, thanks so much!
I have been a flight attendant before and know I will be again so I wont give up. All the best to you.
sepgc is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2016, 12:14
  #1019 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: .
Posts: 73
Apparently there is another Melb Assessment Day tomorrow as I know of some people going... I also know of some people that attended the July 15th Assessment Day that got sent ASIC email yesterday (3 1/2 weeks after I did after attending same Assessment Day)... Just shows you can't put a timeframe on any applications and that the recruitment is still ongoing...
Sarah77 is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2016, 20:01
  #1020 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 64
Wait, keep waiting...
Cocoana is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.