PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)
-   -   All borders to reopen. (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/632861-all-borders-reopen.html)

SOPS 17th Jul 2021 10:19


Originally Posted by jrfsp (Post 11080125)
So while lots of aussies cannot get home - we allow trolls like this sky news favourite into the country (how on earth were they granted entry) - deliberately trying to break the HQ rules

https://www.smh.com.au/national/katie-hopkins-admits-to-breaking-hotel-quarantine-rules-in-sydney-20210717-p58al3.html

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/katie-hopkins-trolls-sydneys-lockdown-from-hotel-quarantine/news-story/5b5d8398e3255a8407d848eb1f2a44cb

She should be put on the next plane out.

MickG0105 17th Jul 2021 11:33


Originally Posted by mattyj (Post 11080089)
The vaccines only stop you from getting hospital level disease..it’s doing zero to stop the positive cases and zero to stop transmission..see Israel, UK, California etc..

"... a growing body of evidence suggests that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines also reduce asymptomatic infection and transmission. Substantial reductions in SARS-CoV-2 infections (both symptomatic and asymptomatic) will reduce overall levels of disease, and therefore, viral transmission in the United States. However, investigations are ongoing to assess further the impact of COVID-19 vaccination on transmission." CDC Science Brief: COVID-19 Vaccines and Vaccination

​​​​​​"... In April, Public Health England reported results of a large study of COVID-19 transmission involving more than 365,000 households with a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated members. It found immunisation with either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccine reduced the chance of onward virus transmission by 40–60%." Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Mounting evidence suggests COVID vaccines do reduce transmission

Just because people who have been vaccinated are returning positive test results (breakthrough infections) does not mean that vaccination is doing zero to stop transmission. The incidence of breakthrough infections tells you nothing about onward transmission.

SHVC 17th Jul 2021 11:55

Interesting read. Also, all the trick drivers in protest today in sydney this afternoon of loosing pay and work. Now some workers outside aviation and tourism are affected they can have a taste of what we have been experiencing. Hopefully more get vaccinated out of it.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....17-p58ail.html

Max Tow 17th Jul 2021 12:09

MickG0105: Bravo, but your ever patient and courteous explanations do rather remind me of Brad Raffensperger trying to explain vote integrity to Donald Trump.

PoppaJo 17th Jul 2021 12:16

105 cases tomorrow according to Mr TikTok.

ScepticalOptomist 17th Jul 2021 12:24


Originally Posted by SHVC (Post 11080181)
Interesting read. Also, all the trick drivers in protest today in sydney this afternoon of loosing pay and work. Now some workers outside aviation and tourism are affected they can have a taste of what we have been experiencing. Hopefully more get vaccinated out of it.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....17-p58ail.html


Those poor truck drivers losing 2 weeks worth of work… my heart bleeds.

SHVC 17th Jul 2021 20:22

My heart does not!

blubak 17th Jul 2021 22:29


Originally Posted by SHVC (Post 11080181)
Interesting read. Also, all the trick drivers in protest today in sydney this afternoon of loosing pay and work. Now some workers outside aviation and tourism are affected they can have a taste of what we have been experiencing. Hopefully more get vaccinated out of it.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....17-p58ail.html

If my short term memory serves me correctly,wasnt it truck drivers that caused a lot of this particularly a few who had a work permit but decided they didnt like the rules.
Also,heard some yelling & shouting relating to human rights coming from a group in 1 of the 3 locked down LGA's in sydney.
Fair chance the rules dont suit them either & as you say it will give them a taste of what many aviation workers are still going through.

blubak 17th Jul 2021 23:36


Originally Posted by PoppaJo (Post 11080194)
105 cases tomorrow according to Mr TikTok.

16 in vic today,all linked to current outbreak.
Just on the nsw issue,i read Gladys said she didnt enforce a stricter lockdown sooner because she didnt have health advice to do it,thats a worry!

Chronic Snoozer 18th Jul 2021 01:00


Originally Posted by blubak (Post 11080463)
16 in vic today,all linked to current outbreak.
Just on the nsw issue,i read Gladys said she didnt enforce a stricter lockdown sooner because she didnt have health advice to do it,thats a worry!

Why? At least that is consistent with what she has been saying all along.

Torukmacto 18th Jul 2021 01:03

Canadian friend of mine just landed in Canada from Asia where he was fully vaccinated then tested at airport on arrival and walking the streets a few hours later , no quarantine for returning nationals who are vaccinated. He was not vaccinated in Canada . Seeing his elderly mother and some business the back to Asia . No fuss no mass hysteria no threats just common sense from a country who are living with it and getting on with life . Australia will get there in time .

Turnleft080 18th Jul 2021 01:11


Originally Posted by PoppaJo (Post 11080194)
105 cases tomorrow according to Mr TikTok.

Spot on brother. Any chance of Tattslotto numbers.

PoppaJo 18th Jul 2021 01:17


Originally Posted by Turnleft080 (Post 11080494)
Spot on brother. Any chance of Tattslotto numbers.

Not me. Check this funny blokes social channels at about 10pm and you can miss the circus the following day at 11am.


Lead Balloon 18th Jul 2021 01:54

It will be interesting to see what happens during Eid al Adha in Sydney, due to start tomorrow but depending on the sighting of the moon. Some people take God’s laws more seriously than e.g. Gladys’s laws.

(Cue Mick to manage the message on Islamic rules and traditions during Eid al Adha and their relationship with man-made laws…)

turbantime 18th Jul 2021 02:14

Looks like we’re in this mess for longer

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-...n=abc_news_web

Turnleft080 18th Jul 2021 02:15


Originally Posted by Lead Balloon (Post 11080501)
It will be interesting to see what happens during Eid al Adha in Sydney, due to start tomorrow but depending on the sighting of the moon. Some people take God’s laws more seriously than e.g. Gladys’s laws.

(Cue Mick to manage the message on Islamic rules and traditions during Eid al Adha and their relationship with man-made laws…)

Gladys having Armenian heritage, why not it's a claytons lockdown anyway start cooking those kababs, inshallah.

Redongo 18th Jul 2021 02:25


Originally Posted by SOPS (Post 11080134)
She should be put on the next plane out.

Probably what’s she’s after…. Free publicity!!

Nothing to see here…. Move on

WingNut60 18th Jul 2021 02:31


Originally Posted by Torukmacto (Post 11080490)
Canadian friend of mine just landed in Canada from Asia where he was fully vaccinated then tested at airport on arrival and walking the streets a few hours later , no quarantine for returning nationals who are vaccinated. He was not vaccinated in Canada . Seeing his elderly mother and some business the back to Asia . No fuss no mass hysteria no threats just common sense from a country who are living with it and getting on with life . Australia will get there in time .

Flying in from Asia to, let's say, Vancouver.
1761 deaths so far.

Yep, any Australian city could have that too.
If it was really that important that someone should have the right to enter without quarantine.

And you failed to mention that this arrangement has only been in place since 05 July.

Foxxster 18th Jul 2021 02:35


Originally Posted by turbantime (Post 11080502)
Looks like we’re in this mess for longer

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-...n=abc_news_web


Not interested in number of cases. Number of hospital admissions and deaths are the important numbers. Both of which are down substantially in relation to the number of cases. And the uk is around 53% fully vaccinated. So the number admitted to hospital and the number of deaths will fall even further for a given number of cases once that % gets to the required number of about 70%.

we won’t be there until at least December, more like February next year.

Netherlands is only about 43% fully vaccinated.

WingNut60 18th Jul 2021 02:35


Originally Posted by blubak (Post 11080463)
16 in vic today,all linked to current outbreak.
Just on the nsw issue,i read Gladys said she didnt enforce a stricter lockdown sooner because she didnt have health advice to do it,thats a worry!

Yes, a real worry. When the talking head that you've appointed to give you the advice that you appointed her to give fails to give you that advice.


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:54.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.