Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

All borders to reopen.

Old 29th Aug 2021, 02:12
  #7901 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pithblot
This video deals with covid. It has info worth considering.

ICU nurse speaks out
You are wasting yr time presenting anything that goes against the infected/indoctrinated here, they simply believe in their own insulated world of Govt skewed figures that suits the lunatic Govt & nothing will convince them otherwise!
machtuk is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 02:50
  #7902 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 670
Received 157 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by machtuk
You are wasting yr time presenting anything that goes against the infected/indoctrinated here, they simply believe in their own insulated world of Govt skewed figures that suits the lunatic Govt & nothing will convince them otherwise!
you're cooked if you think that link is a viable source of information.
Ladloy is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 02:51
  #7903 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 670
Received 157 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by KRviator
1,218 new cases in New Sick Wales today, completely skipping the 1100's...The genie is well and truly out of the bottle, but of the 6 new deaths, all over 70, 4 unvaccinated, and two with only one dose. Now that makes me wonder, as I'm in my 30's having my second dose this arvo - though I would have preferred to not have them at all, that's not an option if I want to get back to work the way McGoose is carrying on...

But anyways... if people in their 70's & 80's haven't had even one dose the question needs to asked, why are millions of people lockdown, losing literally billions of dollars in salary & super, to protect people who won't try to protect themselves!?? At what point do we say "You've had your chance to get the shot, you've not taken it, so you're on your own! Good luck!" because I refuse to believe someone who is over 70 has not had a chance to get both vaccinations by now.
A few 30yos died in the last week. Unvaxxed
Ladloy is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 03:14
  #7904 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Coal Face
Posts: 1,347
Received 389 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by KRviator
But anyways... if people in their 70's & 80's haven't had even one dose the question needs to asked, why are millions of people lockdown, losing literally billions of dollars in salary & super, to protect people who won't try to protect themselves!?? At what point do we say "You've had your chance to get the shot, you've not taken it, so you're on your own! Good luck!" because I refuse to believe someone who is over 70 has not had a chance to get both vaccinations by now.
Some elderly may not have had vaccinations due to medical reasons.
Chronic Snoozer is online now  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 03:41
  #7905 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Abeam YAYE
Posts: 337
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Veteran of the drug-testing industry speaks out.

Originally Posted by Obba
Ivermectin is a Parasitic drug. Not a Anti-Viral drug. It is used in humans for parasitic worms, head lice etc. More commonly used on horses.
The FDA is currently doing tests to see its effectiveness with Covid.

Of course it may help Covid symptoms, but it may not...
The Vaccines are NOW are proven to negate or hugely reduce Covid deaths.
There are side effects to any drug.

And still to this day, there is no known cure for any known Virus - including the common cold...

Dr Altman’s letter deals with Ivermectin in the management of covid. It has info worth considering.

Veteran of the drug-testing industry speaks out, ‘A Total Lack of Therapeutic Perspective’


Post # 7966

Originally Posted by pithblot
This video deals with covid. It has info worth considering.

ICU nurse speaks out

Last edited by pithblot; 29th Aug 2021 at 03:54.
pithblot is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 04:15
  #7906 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,948
Received 483 Likes on 268 Posts
Invermectim is an anti parasite drug, for use vs round worm and similar. It also has some bad side effects that can be detrimental to your health and has no proven effect vs Covid or any other virus. What that has to do with Covid vaccines I have no idea, but it's use is along the lines of Trumps hydroxycloroquine assertions.

Stop spreading this crap and go get vaccinated.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...event-covid-19

And please don't take the animal forms of this stuff, as what has been happening in the US, taking horse drugs just proves how stupid people are when deciding whats good for them.
43Inches is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 04:24
  #7907 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BBN
Posts: 1,017
Received 106 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
A better question might be Why weren't they vaccinated. Is it because they chose not to be or is it a health department failing. Also does the 1218 include unlinked cases or hasn't that come into effect yet.
NSW does not do break down of cases anymore, meaningless and pointless. The premier reiterated many times today, 70% vax rate which will be 5-8 weeks from today NSW will not be in lock down or go into a lock down ever again.The break down in ICU patients as of today of the 125 only 1 patient is double vaccinated NSW health system will be able to cope. Shame other states haven't pulled their fingers out.
SHVC is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 04:44
  #7908 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 974
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I see that Qantas is looking at moving it’s ultra long run from London to Perth, to Darwin instead because of the way WA are acting. How many lads and lasses are based in PER on the 787 fleet? Or are they usually MEL based for this run?
Dannyboy39 is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 04:50
  #7909 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 160
Received 42 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by machtuk
You are wasting yr time presenting anything that goes against the infected/indoctrinated here, they simply believe in their own insulated world of Govt skewed figures that suits the lunatic Govt & nothing will convince them otherwise!
Why is that conspiracy nutters ALWAYS think they have some superior insight or intelligence.

Its ironic that the latest iteration of this lunacy is that only ‘sheeple’ take the approved vaccine, apparently the really smart people are taking an unapproved livestock dewormer, based on something they’ve been fed on YouTube.
JustinHeywood is online now  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 05:08
  #7910 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,948
Received 483 Likes on 268 Posts
Ivermectin was used widely in India due to some flawed reasoning, it has since been removed from treatment advice as a result of a rethink.

https://medicaldialogues.in/news/hea...protocol-70790

There is some suggestion that IN LARGE doses far above normal it may offer some protection, however the doses required result in other complications, as this is not what the drug was designed for. Hence the FDA warning as some have ended up in trouble after taking the Equine tablets thinking the increased dose was safe and ending up dead or in hospital.

In normal safe doses it has negligible to no benefit vs Covid. Treatment using it is akin to saying, lets douse you in petrol and light it, yep, that kills the virus, but also the patient, oops. Maybe that's why we have orgs like the WHO and FDA to say what's safe to use.

India was also pumping patients full of other drugs including steroids which ended up giving some black fungus, which is nasty and kills at about 50% rates.
43Inches is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 05:24
  #7911 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 617
Received 76 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by JustinHeywood
Why is that conspiracy nutters ALWAYS think they have some superior insight or intelligence.
To compensate for the fact that deep down, they know they don’t really. And it helps them feel a bit special.
itsnotthatbloodyhard is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 05:29
  #7912 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Asia
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep , it’s unfortunate but some people have weakened immune systems , some are old and frail and some have a weakened mind . Not everyone can be saved and Australians are having trouble getting their heads around this fact , in the meantime we are losing time and wealth while we all pull in different directions .

Torukmacto is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 05:59
  #7913 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1998
Location: The Swan Downunder
Posts: 1,138
Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by SHVC
NSW does not do break down of cases anymore, meaningless and pointless. The premier reiterated many times today, 70% vax rate which will be 5-8 weeks from today NSW will not be in lock down or go into a lock down ever again.The break down in ICU patients as of today of the 125 only 1 patient is double vaccinated NSW health system will be able to cope. Shame other states haven't pulled their fingers out.
Did she really say that? I read loosened restrictions, like you can go to the park if the adults are vaccinated, but nothing about lockdowns.
Xeptu is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 06:29
  #7914 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BBN
Posts: 1,017
Received 106 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
Did she really say that? I read loosened restrictions, like you can go to the park if the adults are vaccinated, but nothing about lockdowns.
You can go to the park if you're vaccinated from 13th September max 5 ppl. presser today 70%= freedoms at 80%=no lock downs. it will become a pandemic of the un vaccinated.

SHVC is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 07:27
  #7915 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: The great country of QLD
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
Ivermectin was used widely in India due to some flawed reasoning, it has since been removed from treatment advice as a result of a rethink.

https://medicaldialogues.in/news/hea...protocol-70790

There is some suggestion that IN LARGE doses far above normal it may offer some protection, however the doses required result in other complications, as this is not what the drug was designed for. Hence the FDA warning as some have ended up in trouble after taking the Equine tablets thinking the increased dose was safe and ending up dead or in hospital.

In normal safe doses it has negligible to no benefit vs Covid. Treatment using it is akin to saying, lets douse you in petrol and light it, yep, that kills the virus, but also the patient, oops. Maybe that's why we have orgs like the WHO and FDA to say what's safe to use.

India was also pumping patients full of other drugs including steroids which ended up giving some black fungus, which is nasty and kills at about 50% rates.
I'm by no means an Ivermectin advocate, and let's not turn this thread into that, but Oxford has started a trial on the drug for the treatment of covid. It will be very interesting what the results are. Does basically everyone have to apologise to Craig Kelly etc if it does prove effective? Reminds me of the lab leak 'conspiracy' that Fbook had to uncensor.

Study Link
Cirressna is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 07:28
  #7916 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1998
Location: The Swan Downunder
Posts: 1,138
Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
She said there won't be a "statewide" lockdown beyond 80% double dose. A fair call too, very unlikely any of the states would need to do that. The NSW critical care unit is at 50% capacity, if that were SA or WA we would be at full capacity. It didn't go un-noticed that Scomo got the credit for the extra 500,000 doses either. What are the odds that should a breakout occur in SA or WA the states will be slated as incompetent fools for not having enough people vaxed. The political web we weave.
Xeptu is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 07:55
  #7917 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,948
Received 483 Likes on 268 Posts
Ciressna, yep, the initial studies were positive, but it's my understanding that the dose required for it to work is way above the regarded safe dose. The resultant side effects from that dose level can result in nausea, severe diarrhea and other not so nice things, which is pretty much what covid gives its mild sufferers anyway. Like steroids it may have some use in this amount vs severe cases where the patient might die otherwise, but it seems India has backed away from it's use due to no firm evidence over thousands of uses that in real life it achieves anything. Indian doctors have done all sorts of weird things with different drugs that has actually made some patients worse off, like the incorrect application of steroids in early cases rather than to treat severe symptoms, resulting in black fungus infection.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...hical-concerns

Interesting read that where it seems the study was completely bogus with false data presented, then revoked as "ethical concerns"

It's nice to think that it could be some sort of magical elixer vs covid, but the fact that it and HCQ have been removed from recommended treatment lists in India means they are pretty sure it has no beneficial effect, otherwise why not continue it's use. It's cheap and abundant.

Last edited by 43Inches; 29th Aug 2021 at 08:08.
43Inches is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 08:14
  #7918 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BBN
Posts: 1,017
Received 106 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
She said there won't be a "statewide" lockdown beyond 80% double dose. A fair call too, very unlikely any of the states would need to do that. The NSW critical care unit is at 50% capacity, if that were SA or WA we would be at full capacity. It didn't go un-noticed that Scomo got the credit for the extra 500,000 doses either. What are the odds that should a breakout occur in SA or WA the states will be slated as incompetent fools for not having enough people vaxed. The political web we weave.
No, Gladys said “the whole point of getting to those vaccination milestones you don’t have lockdowns in the future you manage the disease” 35 minutes in.
SHVC is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 09:09
  #7919 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 670
Received 157 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Cirressna
I'm by no means an Ivermectin advocate, and let's not turn this thread into that, but Oxford has started a trial on the drug for the treatment of covid. It will be very interesting what the results are. Does basically everyone have to apologise to Craig Kelly etc if it does prove effective? Reminds me of the lab leak 'conspiracy' that Fbook had to uncensor.

Study Link
If it's effective it will be in the data from the trial, just like the vaccine. Ill trust the science over the facebook conspiracies. No apology necessary
Ladloy is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2021, 09:19
  #7920 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1998
Location: The Swan Downunder
Posts: 1,138
Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by SHVC
No, Gladys said “the whole point of getting to those vaccination milestones you don’t have lockdowns in the future you manage the disease” 35 minutes in.
feel freer, more freedoms, is the whole point of vaccinations so that lockdowns are not needed, did not commit to "no lockdowns" other than a statewide lockdown. Political speak is a wonderful thing. When what you heard is challenged, she will say noooo! I didn't say that, I said......

Keep her answers to the questions separated, don't see what she says as a press release statement
Xeptu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.