Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

All borders to reopen.

Old 9th Jun 2021, 23:53
  #5081 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BBN
Posts: 936
Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
Well now the partner has tested positive, so here we go again.
SHVC is offline  
Old 10th Jun 2021, 00:17
  #5082 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 740
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by SHVC
Well now the partner has tested positive, so here we go again.
Have heard too that a family of 3 or 4 have travelled to NZ by an unapproved means,they have been caught & are in quarantine & paying out of their own pocket & police are looking at laying charges,they never learn,probably didnt understand the rules🙄
blubak is online now  
Old 10th Jun 2021, 01:04
  #5083 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 353
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blubak
Have heard too that a family of 3 or 4 have travelled to NZ by an unapproved means,they have been caught & are in quarantine & paying out of their own pocket & police are looking at laying charges,they never learn,probably didnt understand the rules🙄
ha yeh, YES NO boxes..... ohhhh, sorry , I didn稚 understand the question.
LapSap is offline  
Old 10th Jun 2021, 01:53
  #5084 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 294
Received 63 Likes on 25 Posts
These people that continually think the law doesnt apply to them need to take a hard look at themselves.
No denying that governments have stuffed up but how selfish & self centred are these offenders that continually believe they are outside rules put in place.
FWIW: There are some exemptions to the interstate travel restrictions associated with the Melbourne lockdown. One of them is that persons could depart Victoria if they were travelling to commence employment interstate. The gentleman in question (and his partner) was tested as a requirement of commencing employment on the Sunshine Coast and it was at this point that she was identified as a positive case. It is yet to be confirmed, but he (they) may well have been exempt from the travel limitations.
————————————————
Right on cue!
It appears that the couple may have been eligible for an exemption but didn't apply…...

Last edited by C441; 10th Jun 2021 at 02:04.
C441 is offline  
Old 10th Jun 2021, 02:02
  #5085 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Coal Face
Posts: 1,136
Received 109 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by C441
FWIW: There are some exemptions to the interstate travel restrictions associated with the Melbourne lockdown. One of them is that persons could depart Victoria if they were travelling to commence employment interstate. The gentleman in question (and his partner) was tested as a requirement of commencing employment on the Sunshine Coast and it was at this point that she was identified as a positive case. It is yet to be confirmed, but he (they) may well have been exempt from the travel limitations.

Chronic Snoozer is online now  
Old 10th Jun 2021, 02:58
  #5086 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 552
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blubak
These people that continually think the law doesnt apply to them need to take a hard look at themselves.
No denying that governments have stuffed up but how selfish & self centred are these offenders that continually believe they are outside rules put in place.
Many will now use the human rights excuse & any other movement they can latch onto to tell us they dont have to comply.
As you say,how can every border be 100% covered by armed guards!
why do you need armed guards? do we shoot dissenters on sight or is it just a deterrence thing
kingRB is online now  
Old 10th Jun 2021, 03:00
  #5087 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 924
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Luv Monty

However it is a fair cop as they may have had an reason to leave but, with that exemption to leave and more importantly approvals to enter would have come numerous obligations (which many in this village think are an affront to anyone in aviation) regarding method of travel, testing and restrictions. The correct health/government restriction have not been followed to minimise the risk and now we find ourselves in a 3 state cluster phuck. I do admire how the QLD CHO likes to change her tune when an outbreak occurs in QLD versus closing the borders to other states.
ozbiggles is offline  
Old 10th Jun 2021, 03:11
  #5088 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cab of a Freight Train
Age: 40
Posts: 1,101
Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by ozbiggles
I do admire how the QLD CHO likes to change her tune when an outbreak occurs in QLD versus closing the borders to other states.
Two people who brought The Pestilence with them does not an outbreak make...However, should they have passed it on, then yes, it will be interesting to see what happens in Queen-P's-Land.
KRviator is offline  
Old 10th Jun 2021, 03:51
  #5089 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 924
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I hope you are right K.

I find it interesting that QLD are so quick to lock down the border and keep anyone out and play tough but now that they have 2 positive cases that have made an all stops trip to Queensland she is saying she won't lock anything down and it doesn't seem to bad at the moment just go out and get tested and everything is OK. What a difference a just won election and the ending of jobkeeper make to a pandemic response. And where is the Pfizer stealing Premier gone, doesn't want to answer any questions it would seem. Why should the public be disciplined when our 'leaders' are not.

But because it is easier to police Aviation I suspect there will be no relief in place for the airline industry. Imagine if these two had come in on an airline the response for anyone near them would have been straight into 14 DIQ because that would have been easy.
ozbiggles is offline  
Old 10th Jun 2021, 04:35
  #5090 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 740
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by LapSap
ha yeh, YES NO boxes..... ohhhh, sorry , I didn稚 understand the question.
Yep,thats them.
Be no problem in understanding a statement like 'theres $50 in your mail box right now'.
See how they go with that 1!
blubak is online now  
Old 10th Jun 2021, 09:04
  #5091 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a box
Posts: 348
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by C441
FWIW: There are some exemptions to the interstate travel restrictions associated with the Melbourne lockdown. One of them is that persons could depart Victoria if they were travelling to commence employment interstate. The gentleman in question (and his partner) was tested as a requirement of commencing employment on the Sunshine Coast and it was at this point that she was identified as a positive case. It is yet to be confirmed, but he (they) may well have been exempt from the travel limitations.
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Right on cue!
It appears that the couple may have been eligible for an exemption but didn't apply...
They may very well have met the requirement for moving to a new location and or job. But entering NSW, I think they were still supposed to follow the requirements of the VIC lockdown, probably something similar when entering QLD, including isolation for 14 days, which from the look of it, they did neither. I hope they get massive fines, new job tells them to pi$$ off. If nothing comes of this, I would be incredibly surprised.
Servo is offline  
Old 10th Jun 2021, 23:54
  #5092 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Whanganui, NZ
Posts: 266
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blubak
Have heard too that a family of 3 or 4 have travelled to NZ by an unapproved means,they have been caught & are in quarantine & paying out of their own pocket & police are looking at laying charges,they never learn,probably didnt understand the rules🙄
Originally Posted by LapSap
ha yeh, YES NO boxes..... ohhhh, sorry , I didn稚 understand the question.
Local speculation is that they will be arrested on leaving quarantine, remanded in custody (slightly less comfortable than a quarantine hotel), and after trial deported to Australia
kiwi grey is online now  
Old 11th Jun 2021, 03:14
  #5093 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 323
Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Foxxster
didn稚 need to be mentioned.

please tell us when the nsw premier received her first AstraZeneca vaccine. In fact she received her SECOND one last week.



you forgot to mention that little fact.
What the hell are you on about? We were talking about the QLD Premier opting for a vaccine on the basis she needed to be at the Olympics. What the hell has that got to do with the NSW Premier?
AerialPerspective is offline  
Old 11th Jun 2021, 03:17
  #5094 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 323
Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by kingRB
why do you need armed guards? do we shoot dissenters on sight or is it just a deterrence thing
The point about armed guards is pathetic. Unless you place guards in a line along the entire border, it's not going to stop someone determined to break the rules. Also, we may be on the road to it but we're not yet a police state.
AerialPerspective is offline  
Old 11th Jun 2021, 03:23
  #5095 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 323
Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris2303
Why use Police?

Just use the military with loaded firearms
Yes. Let's use the military with loaded firearms. That's step one. Once that's been done how easy do you think it will be to use them again for something less important, then again, then they'll eventually be brought in to shoot people who are participating in peaceful demonstrations.

The reason we don't use the military is because the role of Police in a civil society is to serve and protect the community, the role of the military is to protect the society from its enemies. When you use the military as Police, as has been demonstrated all through history, the enemies of the state tend to become the citizens.
AerialPerspective is offline  
Old 11th Jun 2021, 03:32
  #5096 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 323
Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Buster Hyman
Could致e sworn that I致e seen bridges in Sydney.
Haha, me too.

Makes me laugh that I innocently posted a reference to a segment on a news program (although I use that term lightly with Sky) by a demographic expert and every pretend expert on this forum has unleashed their mob-wisdom to discredit it without even realising what the point the guy was making was.

YES, people cross from one place to another in Sydney, but the ENTIRE BLOODY POPULATION doesn't do it on a daily basis. When you have a clump of suburbs in Melbourne that have an outbreak, there is no bridge or harbour or natural barrier, every suburb almost without exception borders (often on the other side of the street) with the next suburb. Given that not all 100% of people in Sydney drive to every other suburb separated from their region by a river or bridge every single day, it's OBVIOUS that sunken rivers and other barriers provide 'some' separation that does not exist in most other states, especially Victoria.

Precisely because of the bridge that you refer to this guy's position does have some merit, whether all the self-appointed geniuses on here agree with it or not. There is a physical/topographical difference between Sydney and Melbourne.
AerialPerspective is offline  
Old 11th Jun 2021, 03:41
  #5097 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 463
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AerialPerspective
What the hell are you on about? We were talking about the QLD Premier opting for a vaccine on the basis she needed to be at the Olympics. What the hell has that got to do with the NSW Premier?

people on this forum are a bit slow.

the point was made about the time required between the two vaccines for AstraZeneca and Pfizer. Pfizer is shorter so was trying to be used as a lame reason why the chook could only take that one as she is off to Japan. My response was that the nsw premier managed to get her first AstraZeneca vaccine more than three months ago and had her second shot about ten days ago now. So the chook痴 pathetic excuses, like a school child saying the dog ate their homework, are not valid.

Foxxster is offline  
Old 11th Jun 2021, 03:45
  #5098 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 463
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AerialPerspective
Haha, me too.

Makes me laugh that I innocently posted a reference to a segment on a news program (although I use that term lightly with Sky) by a demographic expert and every pretend expert on this forum has unleashed their mob-wisdom to discredit it without even realising what the point the guy was making was.

YES, people cross from one place to another in Sydney, but the ENTIRE BLOODY POPULATION doesn't do it on a daily basis. When you have a clump of suburbs in Melbourne that have an outbreak, there is no bridge or harbour or natural barrier, every suburb almost without exception borders (often on the other side of the street) with the next suburb. Given that not all 100% of people in Sydney drive to every other suburb separated from their region by a river or bridge every single day, it's OBVIOUS that sunken rivers and other barriers provide 'some' separation that does not exist in most other states, especially Victoria.

Precisely because of the bridge that you refer to this guy's position does have some merit, whether all the self-appointed geniuses on here agree with it or not. There is a physical/topographical difference between Sydney and Melbourne.
but provided absolutely no evidence, despite putting himself out there as an expert.

the latest outbreak in Melbourne actually contradicts his thoughts. It is confined to the north west of Melbourne, not spreading all over as he predicts. It is showing Sydney characteristics according to him, staying in one geographic area. The man was talking crap.

as for sydney , we have people travelling daily from the central coast, the blue mountains, Wollongong to the all areas of Sydney. Lot of tradies live on the central coast. No not 100% of people travel to every other suburb but as I stated our average commute length is the same as Melbourne and yes people do travel across the city regularly for shopping, sporting events,work etc etc.

but someone posted here that they travel across Melbourne to go to a restaurant but people in Sydney would never do that. So I guess that settles it. The so called expert must be right. Oh and we have a bridge, ooooh
Foxxster is offline  
Old 11th Jun 2021, 03:52
  #5099 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 323
Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Foxxster
but provided absolutely no evidence, despite putting himself out there as an expert.

as for sydney , we have people travelling daily from the central coast, the blue mountains, Wollongong to the all areas of Sydney. Lot of tradies live on the central coast. No not 100% of people travel to every other suburb but as I stated our average commute length is the same as Melbourne and yes people do travel across the city regularly for shopping, sporting events,work etc etc.

but someone posted here that they travel across Melbourne to go to a restaurant but people in Sydney would never do that. So I guess that settles it. The so called expert must be right.
No, I said when I LIVED IN SYDNEY, I would think twice about meeting someone in Bondi (from Sutherland Shire) for coffee or a meal but I wouldn't think twice in Melbourne. Sydney's road are a bloody disgrace and always have been, traffic congestion is a magnitude greater than Melbourne. I had lots of friends when I was in Sydney who would say "Do we have to go that far". Same is not the case in Melbourne.

You still don't get the point. You yourself have offered no evidence of your counter-claim either. Anecdotal tales about tradies and the like are not evidence.

What exactly is your expertise? Are you one of those people who just steamrolls over anything anyone else says because your opinion is right. Isn't it funny that Tasmania and various islands off the coast of Australia have not had any major outbreaks, even though people go to and from them every day - gee, must be some sort of natural barrier involved.......

Why the hell do you think Regional Victoria hasn't been locked down - because there is a lot of unpopulated areas between it and metropolitan Melbourne, people commute every day but the two groups tend to shop and socialize locally. Is that so hard to understand....
AerialPerspective is offline  
Old 11th Jun 2021, 06:56
  #5100 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Al's Diner
Age: 63
Posts: 197
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AerialPerspective
The point about armed guards is pathetic. Unless you place guards in a line along the entire border, it's not going to stop someone determined to break the rules. Also, we may be on the road to it but we're not yet a police state.
Making the penalties massive is one effective deterrent. Poaching abalone, raiding cray pots, exceeding catch limits etc, the potential fines are huge along with having your boat confiscated. It痴 hard to police, so fisheries make the fines so large that the fine itself is enough to limit people committing the offence, even if the risk of getting caught is quite small.
Potsie Weber is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.