Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

All borders to reopen.

Old 8th Jun 2021, 02:21
  #5061 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 467
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AerialPerspective
I’m not defending what she did but I think the reason was more about the fact with Pfizer one is fully vaccinated after 21 days whereas with AZ it’s 12 weeks. You completely failed to mention that little fact.
didn’t need to be mentioned.

please tell us when the nsw premier received her first AstraZeneca vaccine. In fact she received her SECOND one last week.



you forgot to mention that little fact.
Foxxster is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2021, 08:59
  #5062 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Coal Face
Posts: 1,347
Received 389 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Foxxster
very good.

topography.. and he is no expert. Experts provide evidence to support what they think.
Expert. Ex = has been. xpert (spurt) = drip under pressure.
Chronic Snoozer is online now  
Old 8th Jun 2021, 12:46
  #5063 (permalink)  

Evertonian
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: #3117# Ppruner of the Year Nominee 2005
Posts: 12,608
Received 113 Likes on 66 Posts
Could’ve sworn that I’ve seen bridges in Sydney.
Buster Hyman is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2021, 23:34
  #5064 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Perth, WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Age: 72
Posts: 896
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by AerialPerspective
I’m not defending what she did but I think the reason was more about the fact with Pfizer one is fully vaccinated after 21 days whereas with AZ it’s 12 weeks. You completely failed to mention that little fact.
The 12 weeks represents a strategy to optimise coverage in a large population.
It was never the originally announced inter-shot interval.

If she could use her position to wrangle a Pfizer shot while not entitled to it then she could just as easily have wrangled a 2nd A-Z shot at a much reduced interval so she could attend the "barren Olympics"

Originally Posted by www.who.int
............Therefore an interval of 21–28 days (3–4 weeks) between doses is recommended by WHO. Depending on the vaccine, the interval may be extended for up to 42 days – or even up to 12 weeks for some vaccines – on the basis of current evidence.
WingNut60 is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 01:44
  #5065 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 957
Received 44 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't think the major issue is that she got the Pfizer shot.

The major issue is she took the Pfizer shot that should have gone to someone in the higher risk category.

For that she should lose her job.
ozbiggles is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 02:27
  #5066 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Perth, WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Age: 72
Posts: 896
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ozbiggles
I don't think the major issue is that she got the Pfizer shot.

The major issue is she took the Pfizer shot that should have gone to someone in the higher risk category.

For that she should lose her job.
The major issue is she took the Pfizer shot that should have gone to someone in the higher risk category AND SET AN ABSOLUTELY DEPLORABLE EXAMPLE.
WingNut60 is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 02:40
  #5067 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 440
Likes: 0
Received 45 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by WingNut60
The major issue is she took the Pfizer shot that should have gone to someone in the higher risk category AND SET AN ABSOLUTELY DEPLORABLE EXAMPLE.
Correct and the fact she didn't understand this beforehand shows how out of touch she obviously is.
1A_Please is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 04:33
  #5068 (permalink)  
601
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Age: 78
Posts: 1,494
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
I’m not defending what she did but I think the reason was more about the fact with Pfizer one is fully vaccinated after 21 days whereas with AZ it’s 12 weeks. You completely failed to mention that little fact.
Apparently all the "Front Line" which including politicians in Qld were offered the jab weeks ago. That included the Lord Mayor of Brisbane who took up the offer.
601 is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 04:36
  #5069 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 670
Received 157 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by WingNut60
The major issue is she took the Pfizer shot that should have gone to someone in the higher risk category AND SET AN ABSOLUTELY DEPLORABLE EXAMPLE.
so did scomo..
Ladloy is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 04:54
  #5070 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 467
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ladloy
so did scomo..
scomo only took it (Pfizer) because that was all that was available at the time. He also took it before the blood clotting issue with the AstraZeneca vaccine became apparent.

he set an example,,led from the front in being vaccinated at the first opportunity. He was vaccinated on Sunday 21 February.

Australia has doubled its coronavirus vaccine stocks after hundreds of thousands of doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine were flown into Sydney on Sunday.

The federal government says it hopes the new vaccine will be going into people's arms from Monday, March 8.

What happened on Sunday?

Three hundred thousand doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab arrived from overseas on a plane which landed at Sydney airport.

https://www.pm.gov.au/media/300000-a...rive-australia
Foxxster is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 05:32
  #5071 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Perth
Posts: 203
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
News just in, a woman has tested positive after arriving in QLD from VIC after spending a few days in country NSW.

If NSW had closed their border like every other state this wouldn't have happened. Now potentially looking at more border closures across the country.

jrfsp is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 05:49
  #5072 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 957
Received 44 Likes on 15 Posts
So you are blaming NSW for a Victorian entering QLD via NSW. You are right, lets not blame the individuals who knowing broke the law to do this. Let all the states have armed guards on all the border points at unlimited cost to police this. I'm not sure what was driving your point other than ignorance. Airports are easy, thousands of ground based entry points are not.

And No. I'm not a blues supporter.
ozbiggles is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 05:55
  #5073 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Perth
Posts: 203
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ozbiggles
So you are blaming NSW for a Victorian entering QLD via NSW. You are right, lets not blame the individuals who knowing broke the law to do this. Let all the states have armed guards on all the border points at unlimited cost to police this. I'm not sure what was driving your point other than ignorance. Airports are easy, thousands of ground based entry points are not.

And No. I'm not a blues supporter.
Im not blaming NSW, but unfortunately people cant be trusted to do the right thing.

VIC has two land borders, SA had implemented a hard border with police check points at its border crossings, NSW has not and this is the consequence of trusting people to stay home. I hope throw the book at them.
jrfsp is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 06:02
  #5074 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 957
Received 44 Likes on 15 Posts
I agree throw the book at them. It is a lot easier to monitor the border between SA and VIC compared to VIC and NSW. There are 4 major crossing points between SA and VIC, multiply that by 25 for VIC and NSW. It is about the same multiplication factor for back roads.

Hopefully they will be made to pay, but it won't be enough.
ozbiggles is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 06:03
  #5075 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 467
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jrfsp
News just in, a woman has tested positive after arriving in QLD from VIC after spending a few days in country NSW.

If NSW had closed their border like every other state this wouldn't have happened. Now potentially looking at more border closures across the country.

and people don’t want jail as a possible penalty for breaking quarantine or lockdown.

I would be very happy for her to receive at least five years. Given the last Melbourne lockdown cost around a billion dollars. Given the possibility of her infecting others who could have ended up dead or with ongoing health issues from long covid.

but we all know at most they will receive a fine, perhaps a few thousand dollars at the very most. Pathetic
Foxxster is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 06:08
  #5076 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Perth
Posts: 203
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ozbiggles
I agree throw the book at them. It is a lot easier to monitor the border between SA and VIC compared to VIC and NSW. There are 4 major crossing points between SA and VIC, multiply that by 25 for VIC and NSW. It is about the same multiplication factor for back roads.

Hopefully they will be made to pay, but it won't be enough.
Yes the NSW border is about 4 times the length which a huge number of crossing and police resourcing would be huge, but im guessing it was done last year? Its just so frustrating that domestic travel constantly seems to be taking two steps forward and one step back - i was ranting.

I hope they jail them, but chance would be a fine thing.
jrfsp is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 06:34
  #5077 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 101
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jrfsp
Yes the NSW border is about 4 times the length which a huge number of crossing and police resourcing would be huge,
Why use Police?

Just use the military with loaded firearms
Chris2303 is online now  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 08:34
  #5078 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 670
Received 157 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Foxxster
scomo only took it (Pfizer) because that was all that was available at the time. He also took it before the blood clotting issue with the AstraZeneca vaccine became apparent.

he set an example,,led from the front in being vaccinated at the first opportunity. He was vaccinated on Sunday 21 February.

Australia has doubled its coronavirus vaccine stocks after hundreds of thousands of doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine were flown into Sydney on Sunday.

The federal government says it hopes the new vaccine will be going into people's arms from Monday, March 8.

What happened on Sunday?

Three hundred thousand doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab arrived from overseas on a plane which landed at Sydney airport.

https://www.pm.gov.au/media/300000-a...rive-australia
He jumped the queue and took it from frontline medical and quarantine workers. This was also at the same time AZ's effectiveness was being questioned

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...-variant-study
Ladloy is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 11:40
  #5079 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 451
Received 52 Likes on 16 Posts
I hate Morrison with a passion (his politics anyway), but I think he did the right thing as far as vaccines go. He was in a world where Pfizer and AZ were roughly equals and all we had on hand was Pfizer. He took the Pfizer vaccine to set an example about getting the vaccine in general.

Annastacia on the other hand..... Very disappointing leadership.

Last edited by Fonz121; 9th Jun 2021 at 22:40.
Fonz121 is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 22:35
  #5080 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 789
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by ozbiggles
So you are blaming NSW for a Victorian entering QLD via NSW. You are right, lets not blame the individuals who knowing broke the law to do this. Let all the states have armed guards on all the border points at unlimited cost to police this. I'm not sure what was driving your point other than ignorance. Airports are easy, thousands of ground based entry points are not.

And No. I'm not a blues supporter.
These people that continually think the law doesnt apply to them need to take a hard look at themselves.
No denying that governments have stuffed up but how selfish & self centred are these offenders that continually believe they are outside rules put in place.
Many will now use the human rights excuse & any other movement they can latch onto to tell us they dont have to comply.
As you say,how can every border be 100% covered by armed guards!
Absolutely blame the government for their stuff ups but why go soft on these morons who believe they are outside any rule or restriction put in place.
I would guess shes an anti vaxxer too.
blubak is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.