Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

How good is Alliance!!!!

Old 17th Mar 2021, 23:42
  #381 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Jungle
Posts: 542
Originally Posted by itchy_feet View Post
I believe Darwin spots have been filled and they actually we're calling people who applied in the past with type ratings etc
Any idea what coin is being offered to fly the Ejets? I've heard rumours the Ejet drivers are getting paid less than Fokker pilots. Any truth in that?
smiling monkey is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2021, 08:48
  #382 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NSW
Posts: 52
It is said that the new Alliance E190 sim was badly damaged in shipping and much finger pointing...
TBM-Legend is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2021, 21:25
  #383 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 119
I heard an interview with the CEO of Alliance on ABC radio in Brisbane last Monday.
You can hear it here from 44:45 into the broadcast. It's worth a listen if you have any interest in Alliance and where he sees their place in the aviation market.
C441 is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2021, 04:59
  #384 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 1
Hi,

Does anyone know how many people they have put on? Or how many positions they were looking to fill? Has the damaged sim affected or influenced the hiring in anyway?

Thanks,
Bullitt
bullitt09 is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2021, 09:36
  #385 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 297
Applications for QF crew opened today, TR & NTR, DEC and FO. Darwin Base which will suit a few.
goodonyamate is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2021, 21:06
  #386 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: QLD
Posts: 534
E190 sim doesn’t look damaged from the outside and Ansett seem to think it won’t be long before it’s up and running.
geeup is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2021, 23:47
  #387 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Budapest
Posts: 59
Originally Posted by goodonyamate View Post
Applications for QF crew opened today, TR & NTR, DEC and FO. Darwin Base which will suit a few.
TFH will not be happy! TR and NTR...
cynphil is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2021, 00:30
  #388 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: australia
Posts: 781
Originally Posted by cynphil View Post
TFH will not be happy! TR and NTR...
Any pilot who's currently not employed has a right to be miffed (at the least) at those who are simply awaiting a return to flying with their current company and so "double dipping" into the limited employment pool in Australia.

However this is the real world, if AJ and his minions have struck a commercial deal acceptable to Alliance then it's stiff shit.
Only hope the QF pilots will show their gratitude to AJ when called upon to do so.
galdian is online now  
Old 30th Mar 2021, 02:17
  #389 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 119
Originally Posted by galdian View Post
However this is the real world, if AJ and his minions have struck a commercial deal acceptable to Alliance then it's stiff shit.
Only hope the QF pilots will show their gratitude to AJ when called upon to do so.
What do you suggest? AIPA offer him a gratuitous $1mill to up his bonus by a couple of percent?

I may well be wrong, but I would suspect the 'deal' would have been negotiated at a level well below Alan's.
C441 is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2021, 02:49
  #390 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: SE QLD
Posts: 305
Originally Posted by galdian View Post
Any pilot who's currently not employed has a right to be miffed (at the least) at those who are simply awaiting a return to flying with their current company and so "double dipping" into the limited employment pool in Australia.
It’s not double-dipping - when they move on, a position will be available for the next pilot to fill.

”simply awaiting a return to flying” - you mean trying to feed the family and pay their mortgage?

As to feeling miffed? There’s a lot of that going around these days!!
ScepticalOptomist is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2021, 04:34
  #391 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: australia
Posts: 781
Originally Posted by ScepticalOptomist View Post
It’s not double-dipping - when they move on, a position will be available for the next pilot to fill.

”simply awaiting a return to flying” - you mean trying to feed the family and pay their mortgage?

As to feeling miffed? There’s a lot of that going around these days!!
Well some of those who DON'T have a position now and DON'T have a guaranteed fallback may not be considered in a couple of years, primarily age but some other factors as well.
I see it as double dipping, you don't - each to their own.
Regardless it's the real world - so stiff shit for some, twas always so. As long as it's not you.
galdian is online now  
Old 30th Mar 2021, 05:58
  #392 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: SE QLD
Posts: 305
Originally Posted by galdian View Post
Well some of those who DON'T have a position now and DON'T have a guaranteed fallback may not be considered in a couple of years, primarily age but some other factors as well.
I see it as double dipping, you don't - each to their own.
Regardless it's the real world - so stiff shit for some, twas always so. As long as it's not you.
Sorry Galdian - I don’t follow your logic on this.
As you say, different viewpoints.
I don’t think fairness has anything to do with it.
ScepticalOptomist is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2021, 06:14
  #393 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Up there.
Posts: 232
Wow. So why weren't the Airnorth guys and gals given an acknowledgment? Genuine question as none as far as I'm aware were even acknowledged. Current on type etc
Dookie on Drums is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2021, 06:15
  #394 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Lost in Space
Posts: 184
Originally Posted by ScepticalOptomist View Post
Sorry Galdian - I don’t follow your logic on this.
As you say, different viewpoints.
I don’t think fairness has anything to do with it.
Nothing to do with fairness.

it is once again Qantas, and its political influence, doing deals behind closed doors circumventing normal market forces.

I will ask this. Qantas et al, have received a life line by way of government help (packaged funding), Alliance are actually performing QF flying. Qantas does deal to second crew. Alliance agrees.
Essentially it sounds like Alliance will be getting access to Qantas pilots, funded by the government via QF, to perform flying that would otherwise not attract an ounce of subsidy.

How does any of this sound like a smart idea from a QF pilots point of reference. It is creative and corrupt. No matter how it is viewed. When one is the beneficiary (facilitator) of said scheme, it would logically follow that it could not be wrong. In reality it is ethically reprehensible to support what amounts to corporate bastardry, devoid of ethics.

It is not a crime to put bread on the table. That is a totally different argument to facilitating the mechanism. Choice may be an illusion and denial is not just a River.
t_cas is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2021, 07:37
  #395 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NSW
Posts: 52
Originally Posted by geeup View Post
E190 sim doesn’t look damaged from the outside and Ansett seem to think it won’t be long before it’s up and running.
Original info from Padgett
TBM-Legend is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2021, 09:08
  #396 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Middle East
Posts: 31
I applied today to Alliance through the QF offer and am looking forward to learning anew aircraft and new operation and gaining experience from the existing Alliance crew should I pass the interview process.
Kaboobla is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2021, 13:40
  #397 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 153
QF Corporate may find themselves in an interesting legal conundrum in the near future given that they may be attempting to continue to have “stood-down” A380 pilots on zero pay for the next few years, while at the same time they are contracting flying out to Alliance, and also expanding their Network subsidiary.

Whatever “deal” was done with Alliance, (and I have seen no evidence of any deal as such, merely an invitation through internal QF communications that Alliance will consider applications from QF pilots) it could be arse-covering by QF Legal to at least have attempted to offer flying employment to stood-down pilots when/if they are taken to court over it.

Whilst I somewhat see the point that it may seem fairer to offer the jobs to pilots who have actually been made redundant from other airlines, or indeed to offer quicker upgrades to internal Alliance pilots, the pilots stood-down from Qantas are stood-down on the basis that “no useful work is available” for them. Pretty hard to argue no useful work is available when you are contracting work out, and expanding subsidiaries.

Furthermore, this Alliance work would not be available for anyone had QF not contracted Alliance to do it. So, if, in fact, QF had said to Alliance, “hey, we’ve got some work for E-Jets - will you take on some of our crew for a year or two if we give you the contract?”, and Alliance said “sure”, then it is what it is.
Derfred is offline  
Old 31st Mar 2021, 20:11
  #398 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Perth
Posts: 40
NSW government has formally advised Alliance Airlines that as the tenderer that narrowly missed out on the NSW RFS contract they are able to assume the contract subject to operational readiness prior to the 2021 fire season.

This follows the the termination of Coulson's services. Apparently the runaway 737 was the final straw.

does anyone know how many litres of water an E190 fire bomber holds?


longlegs is offline  
Old 31st Mar 2021, 22:41
  #399 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Home
Posts: 688
Yeah they have been developing a F50 water bomber since Apr 1 2010 😂
Going Nowhere is offline  
Old 31st Mar 2021, 22:54
  #400 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 464
Originally Posted by longlegs View Post
NSW government has formally advised Alliance Airlines that as the tenderer that narrowly missed out on the NSW RFS contract they are able to assume the contract subject to operational readiness prior to the 2021 fire season.

This follows the the termination of Coulson's services. Apparently the runaway 737 was the final straw.

does anyone know how many litres of water an E190 fire bomber holds?

Will be interesting to see what alliance can come up with prior to the start of the 2021 fire season.
Fair chance Coulson will still be operating here,not a lot of options out there.
blubak is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.