Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

Australian pilots can work for US regionals.

Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Australian pilots can work for US regionals.

Old 29th Jul 2022, 16:37
  #2381 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 3,298
Likes: 0
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Kenny
They did/do a lot of DoD missions that required a US security clearance.
Hard to say how all this works. Kalitta's recruiting page specifically says a US passport is a requirement (not that it means anything these days)...but I can't find another Kalitta-like ACMI carrier that has a similar requirement listed. And they all do DoD work in some form or another.

One carrier (can't remember which one...they run together after a while) lists a requirement to obtain a security clearance in event of CRAF activation. That's not too likely.

I guess a Kalitta publication saying they're taking E3s would answeer that question.
bafanguy is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2022, 16:48
  #2382 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Doomadgee
Posts: 262
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Havick,
Their Scheduling will have to be a little more careful with non US citizen pilots is all.
National are using us Aussies on e3's for DOD work.

Kenny,
I don't see how you can interpret that as aggressive ? Harden up princess. Lol
Capn Rex Havoc is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2022, 16:49
  #2383 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: US via Oz, Honkers & Blighty.
Posts: 359
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
Hard to say how all this works. Kalitta's recruiting page specifically says a US passport is a requirement (not that it means anything these days)...but I can't find another Kalitta-like ACMI carrier that has a similar requirement listed. And they all do DoD work in some form or another.

One carrier (can't remember which one...they run together after a while) lists a requirement to obtain a security clearance in event of CRAF activation. That's not too likely.

I guess a Kalitta publication saying they're taking E3s would answer that question.
BG, Whilst all the ACMI do or have done DoD contracts, some take some very serious stuff around the world and into places that the US Govt. would rather not openly be a part of. A friend of mine that used to work at Evergreen, alluded to "ordinance" he took into TLV. A former RAF guy and not given to the usual BS stories we can sometimes tell in the bar over a few beers, I had absolutely no reason to not believe him. The point I was trying to make was that it's illegal under US employment law to require citizenship for 99.9% of jobs in the US. The exception is when the US Govt. require it and that's why Kallita have been able to state this in their job advertisements.
Kenny is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2022, 16:52
  #2384 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: US via Oz, Honkers & Blighty.
Posts: 359
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Rex Havoc
Havick,


National are using us Aussies on e3's for DOD work.

Kenny,
I don't see how you can interpret that as aggressive ? Harden up princess. Lol
If you can't see how your comment was aggressive, then I suggest you seek some sort of professional help in how to talk to people without sounding like a d!ckhead. You've made more than one incoherently ignorant post on this board before, so it's not as if we haven't worked out what kind of Australian you are.
Kenny is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2022, 17:04
  #2385 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 3,298
Likes: 0
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Kenny
The point I was trying to make was that it's illegal under US employment law to require citizenship for 99.9% of jobs in the US. The exception is when the US Govt. require it and that's why Kallita have been able to state this in their job advertisements.
Understand...
bafanguy is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2022, 17:59
  #2386 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Doomadgee
Posts: 262
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Kenny, Kenny, Kenny, yours was the incoherent post, which you had to expand upon. Pot-Kettle-Black. I didn't call you any names by the way, so yes, you need professional anger management help.
Capn Rex Havoc is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2022, 18:43
  #2387 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: US via Oz, Honkers & Blighty.
Posts: 359
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Rex Havoc
Kenny, Kenny, Kenny, yours was the incoherent post, which you had to expand upon. Pot-Kettle-Black. I didn't call you any names by the way, so yes, you need professional anger management help.
Give it a rest mate. You’re boring us. If as I suspect you’re incapable of letting it go, PM me so we can do this in private and not detract from the thread.
Kenny is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2022, 19:16
  #2388 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In the soup
Posts: 209
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Here's the email for Kalitta recruiting. It's apparently all word of mouth and very new for them, hence no official statements yet.

[email protected]
DropYourSocks is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2022, 22:22
  #2389 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 101
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies if already covered. Does anyone know if Fedex hire the same as Atlas etc with E3s.
PammyAnderson is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2022, 22:32
  #2390 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Somewhere better soon
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
JB/NK Merger

Obviously still subject to approval however it seems the takeover is happening. So how will this affect E3s? I presume that if youíre in youíll have no issues and will soon be a JetBlue pilot. Same goes for anyone hired before the actual merge/takeover as until that point the separate companies run their own show.

Once the merge is complete things change and JetBlue (unless they have a change of direction) donít take any more E3s, and those in move to a better contract, though upgrade times will probably blow out.

So it seems that the window may close, and perhaps itís better to get in while you can if Spirit/JetBlue appeals. It looks like the best T&Cs available (indirectly) to E3s so far.

Any insights from those already flying the bright yellow buses?
Thumb War is online now  
Old 29th Jul 2022, 22:38
  #2391 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: US via Oz, Honkers & Blighty.
Posts: 359
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PammyAnderson
Apologies if already covered. Does anyone know if Fedex hire the same as Atlas etc with E3s.
I'll be having a barbie with a friend of mine that's a 75 Captain at FedEx and is on the hiring team, tomorrow at OSH. I know they don't take E3's and they probably won't any time soon but I'll ask anyway and let you know.
Kenny is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2022, 22:45
  #2392 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Lower North Shore
Posts: 272
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by PammyAnderson
Apologies if already covered. Does anyone know if Fedex hire the same as Atlas etc with E3s.
you can almost guarantee the majors will never hire E3s. Obviously a lot of work goes into paperwork for E3s, and the only reason companies like Atlas are doing this - is because they are constantly spending $$$ training Americans only to have them walk out to majors (FedEx, UPS, UA, AA, DL) before theyíve even finished OE. They do not have the same supply issues and never will.
Brakerider is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2022, 22:58
  #2393 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 446
Likes: 0
Received 38 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Brakerider
you can almost guarantee the majors will never hire E3s. Obviously a lot of work goes into paperwork for E3s, and the only reason companies like Atlas are doing this - is because they are constantly spending $$$ training Americans only to have them walk out to majors (FedEx, UPS, UA, AA, DL) before theyíve even finished OE. They do not have the same supply issues and never will.
Where did I hear this before about Frontier and Spirit?
havick is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2022, 23:45
  #2394 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: US via Oz, Honkers & Blighty.
Posts: 359
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by havick
Where did I hear this before about Frontier and Spirit?
Havick, I know we've debated this before but there's merit in what Brakerider said. At least in regard to why Atlas has jumped on the E3 bandwagon. I can't speak for the other legacy carriers but I know for a fact there is huge resistance to even the mention of E3's at UAL and ALPA won't hesitate to put the knife in, if the company brings it up. We're not at the point yet where we having trouble getting people to interview although the standards aren't necessarily as high as they were 10 years ago but that's the nature of the beast.

So while I wouldn't say never, a lot of other avenues would have to be explored before we're at a point they need the small number of extra E3's to bolster the interview ranks.
Kenny is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2022, 00:44
  #2395 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 243
Likes: 0
Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Thumb War
Obviously still subject to approval however it seems the takeover is happening. So how will this affect E3s? I presume that if youíre in youíll have no issues and will soon be a JetBlue pilot. Same goes for anyone hired before the actual merge/takeover as until that point the separate companies run their own show.

Once the merge is complete things change and JetBlue (unless they have a change of direction) donít take any more E3s, and those in move to a better contract, though upgrade times will probably blow out.

So it seems that the window may close, and perhaps itís better to get in while you can if Spirit/JetBlue appeals. It looks like the best T&Cs available (indirectly) to E3s so far.

Any insights from those already flying the bright yellow buses?
If your plan is coming to Spirit on an E3, I wouldn't let this merger news and E3 uncertainty scare you away. It will take a good couple of years for the actual integration of both airlines, that's all provided that the DOJ accepts the merger and that there are no furloughs for the next couple of years.

If the new jetBlue isn't interested in E3s, I would imagine that the ones currently at Spirit would be grandfathered in and renewed for as long as they wanted.

jetBlue is currently struggling with attrition just like any other non-major, and you can bet that they know about the E3 and that it is also a possibility for them. I don't think they are struggling as hard as F9 and NK with hiring at the moment because jetblue has quasi mainline vibes about it.

The days of upgrading quickly at an LCC are over for now unfortunately. I have a bit of seniority here and it's still a fair way off.
umop apisdn is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2022, 00:48
  #2396 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 243
Likes: 0
Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PammyAnderson
Apologies if already covered. Does anyone know if Fedex hire the same as Atlas etc with E3s.
FedEx is the pinnacle of aviation career for many Americans and probably one of the best jobs on the planet. I could maybe see Southwest at a pinch looking for E3s one day, but it will be a long time before we see them at FedEx, UPS, United, Delta or American. This would require a pilot shortage unlike any other.
umop apisdn is offline  
Old 4th Aug 2022, 10:19
  #2397 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Australia
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone made it to Spirit?

Any idea how many did they ended up recruiting from their trip here?
Another Pilot is offline  
Old 4th Aug 2022, 14:05
  #2398 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: tossbagville
Posts: 795
Received 171 Likes on 99 Posts
Obviously a lot of work goes into paperwork for E3s
Once the company has done one E3 the next 1000 are just copies with cut and pasted names. Obviously that first one will take a bit of legal work.

Anyone made it to Spirit?
Recruiting team extremely disappointed with the no shows. Doubt they'll do another roadshow. There were some CJO's offered, one of the first CJO's heading over in October for a November start.
tossbag is offline  
Old 4th Aug 2022, 15:28
  #2399 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 3,298
Likes: 0
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by tossbag
Recruiting team extremely disappointed with the no shows. Doubt they'll do another roadshow.
tossbag,

When you say "no shows" do you mean people just didn't sign up to attend in the first place...or signed up and then failed to appear without notice to the recruiters ?

bafanguy is offline  
Old 4th Aug 2022, 20:33
  #2400 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 446
Likes: 0
Received 38 Likes on 15 Posts
Thereís actually very little paperwork that goes into an E3 visa compared to literally every other visa out there.
havick is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.