View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VI

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Saab Dastard
3rd Oct 2009, 10:59
The last thread is over 2,000 posts, so time to start a new one.

Please use the forum SEARCH function for previous threads on this subject - Your question may have been answered already

Please also remember - DO NOT USE TEXT SPEAK.

amin-for-emirates
3rd Oct 2009, 11:35
Is there anyone in here planning to come to Paris open day (24/10/09)? Please let me know, because I will be there

ruukun
3rd Oct 2009, 11:41
Rukuun,

calm down, take a deep breath, it will come!

Everyone is so impatient! Why are you so worried?! They just started to recruit.

The article on Flight Global states that Emirates is getting 14 A380s till the end of next financial year. It's official now. I bet they will go to Sydney at least 3 times in the next 18 months.

Mari, i was just curious to see if i'd missed one. To be honest I'd rather miss the mayhem of the 1st Sydney OD and go for the 2nd one ;)

Brindabella24
3rd Oct 2009, 12:13
I noticed in the paper today that there is going to be an open day for Emirates cabin crew based in Dubai, in Perth on the 10th of this month.

lucy21
3rd Oct 2009, 13:08
Hey all,

For those of you that have been wondering if I've had a phone call yet the answer is no. I'm not entirely surprised as they must be very busy at the moment; I've emailed ccjoiners today so if I get a response in the next few days I'll let you know.

Catch ya soon (hopefully with good news!)

Lucy xx

diegoarg
3rd Oct 2009, 18:44
Hi everyone, i'm Diego from Argentina, and i'm taking the Emirates AD in just 2 weeks, veeeeeery nervous about it :S

any advice or anyone else from Argentina that's taking the AD the same day?

Cheers!

want_to_fly
3rd Oct 2009, 23:50
Hi Diego

Just be yourself. Remember to always smile and dont get too nervous. When you hand your resume to them, you will only have about 30-40 seconds to impress them. Dont get offended when they jump from one question to the next without letting you finish your sentence, just remain calm.

After that, hopefully they'll call you in for the group interview and finally to the one on one interview stage :8

Good luck and all the best :ok:

P.S I know the Brisbane OD was a few days ago, but how soon do you guys reckon they will come back again? I have to use up my 1 year before attending any interviews, and I get to go on interviews again after January! Sooo excited :}

God Bless

krd81
4th Oct 2009, 00:46
Hi, can someone tell me when will interviews take place for the Emirates, in Romania? Pls it is my dream to work for them and start my career there:-)

marvey
4th Oct 2009, 05:07
Hi. anyone going to the Manila AD on the 24th and 25th? :)

NADYA
4th Oct 2009, 07:11
hello
i am Nadya here ! do you get any email from emirates ? i mean where is the venue for OD in Manila ? whic hotel they will be ?

Thanks

princess25
4th Oct 2009, 13:29
hello,
I'm going to the paris open day as well, did you get an invitation???

Mari
4th Oct 2009, 15:04
Hi!

I just wanted to let everybody know that 4 of my friends attended the OD (invitation was not required) in Belgrade this week. (My friends are not from Serbia, several candidates showed up from varies Eastern-European countries.) It was only a CV drop-off, around 250-300 people attended. The recruiters called the successful candidates during the day and invited them for further evaluation.

One of my friends did not make the initial screening. The others had to go back on Saturday. Group discussions were either from 9 a.m or from 12. Quite big groups. Two of my friends made it to the final interview. They need to do the psychometric test on the internet.

Imagine, all together 50 people made it!!! The recruiters hold interviews on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday for 25 people and they will return to Serbia in November to conduct interviews for the rest. According to my friends, a lot of boys made it, at least half of the group were male.

The selection process was the usual. Presentation and good communication skills are essential.

Good luck!

nrcrowth
4th Oct 2009, 15:12
hey there i still havent heard after having interview on 15th sept! they told me that even though they sid 2 weeks it will take longing as its all in dubai processing! We just need to be patient and hopeful!:ok:

jess.s
4th Oct 2009, 17:13
Hi All!

Firstly good luck to every one that has recently had or is about to attend an open day or assessment day - its such good news to know things are on the up.

My question is to anybody that has attended an open day run by a recruitment agency rather that Emirates HR employees. I've attended regular open days and am familiar with how they run, however I will be attending a walk in open day in Vancouver run by Konexion, and would really appreciate any info on what to expect for this type of open day! Also keen to hear from anyone else planning to attend on the 24th in Vancouver!

Thanks and good luck to all!

diegoarg
4th Oct 2009, 18:23
Thanks for the answer mate! i'll keep all that in mind and let you all know how it went.

cheers!

mugunza
4th Oct 2009, 18:46
Anyone here attended an OD or AD in Dubai? Today I was invited to attend the AD tomorrow (5th Oct) at 7:30am at EKHQ.:}

I would like to know from the people who attended in Dubai during this last month if the process took more than one day (including Final Interview).

Well, I left my CV on the first OD here in Dubai, but they didn't call me. I think this invitation came from the application from the EK carrer web site.

amin-for-emirates
4th Oct 2009, 23:59
Me too I've received an invitation i'm so nervous to paris :bored:

anniepie25
5th Oct 2009, 01:32
I did the OD with Konexion. The 1st day is simple wait for a brief interview. Do a reach test, fill out an application & if successful you will be asked to return the following day (or later that afternoon). Dress with hair up in bun, a matching suit with skirt bottoms & perma smile. The 2nd part of the Konexion process is a dry run & they will fill you in on what to bring.

made_in_ukraine
5th Oct 2009, 03:45
Guys, where do you find the schedule for OD/AD? On EK's webpage, only DXB is listed as the location where assessments are held. Thanks!

jaye
5th Oct 2009, 13:11
go to emiratesgroupcareers.com

then "explore our careers"

Then the box that says "cabin crew"

then under "current job vacancies" there is a link for Assessment Days and a link for Open Days

xxx

kriziaaa
5th Oct 2009, 13:12
i think you have to wait for an email from ipams after you've been pre-screened.

made_in_ukraine
5th Oct 2009, 15:17
Thanks, jaye!!! I used a different path to access their webpage and the result was different...

anad79
5th Oct 2009, 17:31
Tamaricice, did you pass on Saturday??? Ana

adi_boi
5th Oct 2009, 18:52
Hello everyone! I will be dropping off my cv at the EK HQ on the 16th of Oct. Does anybody here know the procedures?

adi_boi
5th Oct 2009, 19:17
Hi mugunza!

I am so happy for you.

I just wanted to know what did you do during the OD here in Dubai? I will be going on the next OD (16th Oct). I also have applied online and kept updating my application every once in a while, but i haven't received any feedback yet.

Also, is there anybody here knows about the possible complications of an employed individual if they're gonna be hired by EK?

Basically, my status is, I am currently on my 3rd month as an employee of a company, in case EK would hire me, would there be a big problem?

Thanks in advance!

Tamaricica
5th Oct 2009, 20:24
Hey,
I had my finale interview 10 hours ago in Belgrade!!:)
I really dont know what to expect..So...
They told me that I need to wait for about 4 weeks or something...
I was nervous,and they asked me soooo many questions..:bored:
I dont know anything really..So I just need to wait..

diegoarg
5th Oct 2009, 20:43
well Tamaricica, you got to the final interview so that's something to be cheerful for, all you can do now is just wait, and take it easy!

by the way, what kind of questions did they ask you in the interview? i'm taking my AD in 2 weeks and i'm trying to gather as much info as i can :)

blusky75
5th Oct 2009, 21:52
hy guys/girls...just an info..i did the application for my gf in ek as flight attendant...do u know when should be next assestment? she lives in romania.,.but i think they can invite u anywhere..any answer is appreciated

kimberlee100_0
5th Oct 2009, 21:55
Hi Everyone,

Did anyone attend the Brisbane Assessment Day last Wednesday?
It was such a long day about 11 hours all up and then we went back the next two days for our final interview and testing. I had to do that shapes IQ test thing or whatever it is.
I guess now we play the waiting game to see if we are successful or not.
They did mention they are recruiting like crazy at the moment which is a good thing, so fingers crossed to us all.

Happy Days :)

kimberlee100_0
6th Oct 2009, 00:46
Hi well, I just uploaded my details on the emirates career website and they sent me an e-mail informing me of the assessment day two days later. As far as I knew it was not advertised, only on their website.

There was not a job listed as such for the infomation day so I just applied for the one they had listed for Dubai.

Hope this helps :)

scotsman83
6th Oct 2009, 07:37
hey, well done Kimberlee on the FI, i had mine last week and also had to do the shape test...not exactly sure what it is for, was worried at first but done some research into it and found other people who had to do it and got the job :) could be something to do with the psychmetric testing they did at the group stage. Anyway good luck to everybody....for me i have to play the waiting game now.......:hmm:

kimberlee100_0
6th Oct 2009, 08:26
Thanks! Well done to you as well on the FI. The shapes test was crazy. It was so easy at first and then I was seeing dots everywhere. Anyway glad it's done now. Let me know if you hear anything. It's only been a few days for me and I'm already going crazy!
How long ago was your FI?

Dbear824
6th Oct 2009, 12:06
Hi Everyone, I'm going to the London Assessment day on the 12th. I was feeling quite calm but reading previous posts has made me really nervous! I'm so scared about the tests! Is anyone else going to be there?

Cheers

Dani xx

sarahkestine
6th Oct 2009, 12:24
For the people who went to the Sydney open day in Jan/Feb, I got an email back late Feb saying if i'm still interested when they are recruiting again I am invited to there screening day. Do you think this still applies for when they next come to Sydney still? My application says under review, but I'm pretty sure I read that applications only last for 6 months. Anyone know? I'm tempted to go to Melb for the open day there!

scotsman83
6th Oct 2009, 12:27
Yeah i was beginning to guess them when they got more difficult lol...i was that paranoid that i done another one online just to see how i would do...and i passed haha

Anyway my FI was about 45mins...how about yours? I was fairly happy with how it went but felt i could have answered a few of them better...but hey i don't think you can have a perfect interview :p

StewardMan
6th Oct 2009, 14:55
Hi, i have applied for London assessment day on 19th October one week ago and status is APPLIED since then. When should I expect an invitation from them? Do you know guys how they decide to who will send an invitation because we cant just show up there if is not an open day, and the venue where inteview will be is not on emirates website as well. Thanks

Amantec
6th Oct 2009, 17:47
Hi Stewardman, don't expect them to send you an invitation before they have a confirmed venue, but they will as soon as they have it, and also you have to meet all the requirements.

jeaniepie
6th Oct 2009, 20:31
Hi there all! any rejoiners here? how was it? :):ok:

nrcrowth
7th Oct 2009, 05:48
Hello Lucy21 have you received a reply from emirates after emailing regarding acceptance?
or has anyone else received feedback after their reasessment interview?
its been 3 weeks for me since my interview- i really thought we would find out before they started holding other recruitment campaigns.........but hey ho....................

monkey_boi
7th Oct 2009, 08:51
Hey Lucy, nope still not heard anything, its been over 3 weeks now for me, i think i might give them a call and see whats going on? what do you think?

LINDA N
7th Oct 2009, 09:23
Only 2 more days to go...

LINDA N
7th Oct 2009, 09:25
I can't be bothered to read the forum rules, so my posts are deleted.

lucy21
7th Oct 2009, 11:48
Hi All,

I haven't received a direct response from my email chasing their answer but I did receive a document by email from EK Dubai this morning asking me to fill out their grooming rules declaration and send it back as they have updated some of their guidelines. They apologise in the email as I've already signed another one at my re-assessment interview but they've updated the rules in the last 2 weeks (to be honest I can't see what they've added/changed other than a line about male sideburns and asking for more detail about tattoos!) so I'll print, sign, scan and send it back tonight and let you know if I hear anymore.

I would think that everyone will receive this form as they'll want everyone they're hiring to have completed the updated copy.

Cheers for now xx

Maja2U
7th Oct 2009, 20:49
don't get it... they're stalling... :rolleyes:
why do we have to do the same thing 2 times...:confused:
like you've said it-we've signed it before the interview...
the only thing that was added was 'is your tattoo permanent or removable'....that's the one we got before the interview...:zzz:

Mikejr
8th Oct 2009, 04:20
Cava Queen (http://www.pprune.org/members/311385-cava-queen): I've read 35y MAX.
LINDA N (http://www.pprune.org/members/310528-linda-n) and Tamaricica (http://www.pprune.org/members/311090-tamaricica): Hang in there.
IzaSz1983 (http://www.pprune.org/members/207204-izasz1983): That's awesome. Do you like it? OMG, airport code are easy peek.

I've done my homework, now I've heard that New Yorkers had reassessment yesterday for those who's contract was put on hold. Some of them did not show up for the matter.

So, here's my shout.

God bless

mugunza
8th Oct 2009, 06:31
Well, there is no mistery on the OD. They will only take your CV look at your grooming and ask you a couple of questions like, "how are you today?", "how long have you been in Dubai", "Are you working", "what's your favorite ice cream flavour...", you know, they just want to know if you are not from the stone age and see if you are pleasant... after that... is just about waiting... waiting... waiting... if they liked you, they will invite you for the AD, and them... brace yoursef!!!

Unfortunatly I fail the AD, I think I was so excited about the opportunity, that my body language told something to them... :} But again, we will never really know why it happens. I have a friend who failled twice the AD, but in the third one when he was almost giving up the idea to become EK CC, he did it!!!

About the fact you are working.... I'm working too (Al-Futtaim)... no worries about that. The only point is that you will need a Non Objection Letter in case EK hire you (fingers crossed...)

Mole4
8th Oct 2009, 12:21
I have been invited to an Emirates Open Day which is this Saturday at 9pm. I was wondering how long this will go for, I read in a previous post that you just hand in your CV then have a short interview. Is this correct? Do I have to stay for the whole day? I am only asking because I have something on that day that I HAVE TO attend.

Thank you!

sydflyboi
8th Oct 2009, 14:01
Hey there just wanted to let you know that my friend recently had his follow up interview mid september here in Sydney and received a contract a week ago with a scheduled DOJ for the 10th Nov. They only gave him like a week to get all his medicals done and complete everything online so I will cross my fingers that you all soon hear some good news from EK.

The only flaw I find with the new online format is that you cant complete certain parts or even print out some parts until you have completed the sections before. I would suggest anyone who has done their follow up interviews in the event you receive some good news (which I hope everyone does) to have passport pics and your passport scanned ready. Until you add these you cannot print off the medical forms as each section needs to be completed before you can access others. Well that is what we found anyhow when trying to complete the online joiners information for my friend. ALL THE BEST AND GOOD LUCK

cabincat
8th Oct 2009, 14:23
Sydflyboi was your friends contract for the main fleet or for the a380 fleet?

adi_boi
8th Oct 2009, 14:52
It's nice to know that there's no problem if you're already workin... I'm sorry to hear what happened to your status.. so you said, you didn't make it, when will you be able to reapply again?

Did you also mean to say that the OD is just a quick one? I'm kind of nervous and stuff, coz I need to absent from my job for this one (16th).... hoping that everything's gonna work out well. :)

btw, thanks for the tips, also, what should i bring? i know that i have to bring like a whole body photo (business attire), but should i bring a whole body photo of wearing casual clothes too? Coz i saw a post from a website (airboy's) that we also need to provide a whole body in casual... i'm not pretty sure about it...

OH, and will there be a problem if you're eyes are not a perfect 20/20 vision?

Congrats to everyone who passed their FI! :ok:

lucy21
8th Oct 2009, 15:42
Hi sydflyboi,

Thanks for the info - very helpful! Just wondering; were the medicals as comprehensive this time as I'm very concerned that one week won't be enough to get them all completed in, it can take that long to get an appointment here and for x-rays it takes almost 4 weeks!! Did your friend have to get EVERYTHING done again or just certain bits??

My docs screwed my meds up last time and took 7 weeks to get my blood test results arghhhhhh!!

Thanks for helping!

Lucy x

StewardMan
8th Oct 2009, 18:41
Hi guys, does anyone know how strict emirates are with medicals?
Im concerned that because I suffer from colour blindness - red-green colour blindness i will not be accepted. I know that there is Ishihara test at the medicals -do I have to pass it? If you know someone that had the same problem, i would be grateful to know if that is crucial in becoming a emirates cabin crew. Thanks

mugunza
8th Oct 2009, 19:05
They ask ONLY for CV, Passport photo and Full Lenght photo!!! Nothing else. For those who did the internet application form in the EK Career site... not really necessary to drop the CV (they say), but I think is much better to drop there...

Well, the recruiter spent no more than 1-2 minutes with me... but, there was like 300 candidates... so, if you get there early, it's fine, you will leave early too...

kesara
8th Oct 2009, 19:52
hi guys,im new in here
i got my AD on 12 october
i been AD for a few times,last time i fail in English test.
anyone know well about english test,please recomment me something
that would be useful for me.thanx alot
im going to do my best this time.:ok:
thank for this forum and everyone sharing the stories!

LINDA N
8th Oct 2009, 22:38
yes it might be for the whole day, depending on how many ppl show up. then if it is for the whole day you will be asked to attend a interview the following week, or day.

9th Oct 2009, 00:03
hi,is true about the age?
doen't anyone know if any open day will be in italy?

chupachup
9th Oct 2009, 00:07
hi! will someone be so kind as to post what medicals we need to have done for emirates? thanks! :)

sydflyboi
9th Oct 2009, 02:08
Hi Cabincat as far as my friend is aware it is for A380 crew.

As for the medicals Lucy21 they are the same again that needs to be done and from what I read when helping him that any previous tests done only have a 6 month validity on them. So far my friend has been able to do just about everything within a few days including x-rays, vaccinations and blood tests but that involved a lot of rushing around and he still has a few things left to finish off but has the majority of it done.

If anyone wants to get ahead for vaccinations I recommend that you go for Polio, Diptheria, Tetanus, Typhoid, Hepatitis A and B, MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), Yellowfever, Meningococcal ACWY 135 and Chickpox. If you had chickenpox before you just let them know. Make sure when you get your shots that you ask for the vaccination card (normally its a little yellow booklet called the International Certificate of Vaccination) and have all shots recorded here. These are standard for most airlines and even domestic carriers here in australia require some of these to be done as well. Hope this helps further

cielazur
9th Oct 2009, 03:39
Hi matey

Just to clarify, is EK recruiting specifically for A380 crew, or are they recruiting for mainline as well?

Ta.

sydflyboi
9th Oct 2009, 04:58
Not sure on that one as far as he knew when I asked him it was for A380 crew. I do know that EK are planning to receive a few more A380's but also more 777's as well this year so I guess it would be depending on what crew is needed where. Sorry I cant be more specific for you.

ruukun
9th Oct 2009, 05:35
if you were to join as a380 crew does that mean you'd be stuck doing that forever? that aircraft only operates to 7 destinations... i wonder how long until that list expands :confused:

cielazur
9th Oct 2009, 06:10
Hi ruukun

I think the Qantas A380 only flies to 3 destinations, namely LHR, SIN and LAX, Australia-based crew get to do only SIN and LAX, so having 7 ports is a vast improvement for crew!

sydflyboi
9th Oct 2009, 06:11
Hey there as far as I knew if you were trained for A380 you would spend about 2 years just on this type before you could move across to the mainstream fleet.This was at the time because the A380 was brand new and to ensure that service remainded consistant onboard they would only have designated crew to operate them. Things could have changed however since I went through everything with EK at that start of the year before being put on hold so its possible this may no longer be the case.

want_to_fly
9th Oct 2009, 06:36
congratulations guys! must be exciting knowing that you guys got cleared and is ready to go!

I can't wait till I use up my 1 year and try again!! Only 3 months to go. Hopefully, with faith and prayer, that Emirates will come back to my home town again soon for an OD/AD :ok:

You guys must be hella excited! So tell me... exactly how many orders did Emirates place for A380 or the B777? I read somewhere that Emirates also ordered new planes from Boeing's new series B787.

Thanks to God the economic is picking up!:ok:

Leynaaaa
9th Oct 2009, 09:04
Hi All

I just pondered on this forum few days back and read as much as I can before tomorrow's recruitment open day in Melbourne. Is there anyone going? getting slightly nervous now after reading a couple of article about the tough selection process.

To anyone who's going tomorrow all the best to you too!!

:ok:

LINDA N
9th Oct 2009, 12:02
good luck to everyone everywhere

Kay17
9th Oct 2009, 12:21
Could anyone please tell me,if i can not go to the interview,will i still be able to apply within 6 months or 1 year? or the fact i didnt go to the interview will be a problem..??

Maja2U
9th Oct 2009, 12:28
NO WAY it could all be done in a week... it took me a lot longer the first time.
you need a week just to get an appointment for EKG, RTG...then you wait few days for the outcome, a lot of us also need to add 3-4 days for translation... :cool:

still dreaming
9th Oct 2009, 13:53
maybe I would I m not sure jet,do we need invitation or can we just show up?
tnx in advance

Himmelmat
10th Oct 2009, 01:48
hi everyone...i'm matt...newcomer here from Austria....and recently applying for OD in PARIS, 24th oktober....so, i come to collect informations on the course of the OD.....
thanks and my best regards... ;) im expecting that experience leaves its marks on me :)

filwa
10th Oct 2009, 05:42
Linda N or any one who went to Perth OD today?
possible to share some info ? how's the recruiters? lots of people ?
i have re-interview tomorrow at,maybe i will see you there.
good luck to everyone :ok:

Leynaaaa
10th Oct 2009, 07:10
Went to Melb OD today and didn't really had the opportunity to speak much for self intro during registering CV and apparently they will screen and call between 4pm - 5pm so its 6pm now, think i didn't make the cut. :\

hopefully next time then! to those that made it all the best and congrats!

madonnafan
10th Oct 2009, 08:57
Hi everyone, i was at the perth open day today and didn't get through.
as always I have no idea what they are looking for. My advice is to wear your hair down and have it messy as all the girls that looked like this got through. all the girls that had their hair up in french rolls and had a high standard of grooming didn't make it through. girls in ballet flats got in over girls in heels.
There was a Cv handover which lasted for about 2 mintues with one question like " where are you currently Working" and thats it.
Came back 2 hours later and had a group activity where we had to talk to the person ext to us and then stand up and talk about them to the rest to of the room. after that we were made to leave the room and after a few minutes we were told whether we were through to the next round or not. that was it.
Def not enough 1 on 1 time where the recruiters can get to know you!
Congrats to all those girls that made it through. have fun!!

Skyline88
10th Oct 2009, 10:48
Hey guys, i need sum advice from you guys in regards to having no contact as yet from Emirates. I did my re-assesment back on the 21st of Sep and right up till now still no news from them.

My question would be, what should i do? Do i try to contact them? Or just wait until they contact me? Thanks in advance guys! Cheers

pinkylicious
10th Oct 2009, 11:09
Hi Guys,

I'm very worried because I still didn't hear anything regarding the date for my re-assessment interview after 1st september when i got re-contacted and I confirmed my interest in working with EK.

It's over one month now and i'm feeling very anxious as many people on this forum has done their re-assessment interviews!!

Do you think I should contact the HR office to hear about something?

filwa
10th Oct 2009, 11:23
pinkylicious,
hang in there and don't worry,
some of my friends are like you,haven't heard anything about re-interview from Ek after confirming their interests yet!
you will hear from them as soon as they have the date set !

cheers

kimberlee100_0
10th Oct 2009, 12:16
Skyline 88, I would say just wait another week or so before you contact them. They do say it can take up to 6 weeks. If you think how many cabin crew they interview all over the world and how many aplications they process each week, we just have to sit and wait. I know it's hard to not know what your doing or if you got through but i know how you are feeling. I'm waiting to hear back as well after my final interview. Hang in there. Hopefully it won't be much longer for any of us.

Himmelmat
10th Oct 2009, 12:39
Nobody about OD in Paris, THE 24TH ?:confused::confused:

princess25
10th Oct 2009, 13:46
hey what up, i'm going to the od paris, I don't know how to dress, or what is going to happen, I real need helpppppppppppppp but all is under control!

RiverPlate
10th Oct 2009, 15:04
Hey, anyone attending the Assessment Day in Mar del Plata, Argentina on the 22nd of October? :}

Himmelmat
10th Oct 2009, 15:08
hey ...i applied about OD in Paris too ;)

jaye
10th Oct 2009, 16:10
I would probably give them a call tbh, because at this rate you might be quicker just going to another OD! lol xxx

still dreaming
11th Oct 2009, 13:47
Hi Princess25,

i m planning to attend OD in Paris but the advertisment at the internet homepage of emirates is closed.how can I get invitation for emirates
and do I need one since is an open day?
thanks!

Mari
11th Oct 2009, 19:50
If it's an open day, you don't need invitation. (Belgrade was OD as well, invitation was not required.)

Do you know where to go? I don't see the advertisement either.

kenyan85
12th Oct 2009, 09:56
Are there any Kenyans that've applied for next month's AD? Guys where are you? Been waiting for a year now, hope I get it right this time :D

made_in_ukraine
12th Oct 2009, 13:42
anybody up for Osaka AD?

StewardMan
12th Oct 2009, 16:57
Hi guys,
I have concern about medicals?
Can i use medical reports old month and a half and send them to emirates or they have to be done after i have received email to proceed with medicals.
Thanxs

kossmmin
12th Oct 2009, 20:10
anybody up for sofia on 25th?

melek
12th Oct 2009, 21:09
me...kosmin i think i will go too

Mari
12th Oct 2009, 23:49
My God, this topic is getting more and more boring! Isn't it annoying?! First this "when is Emirates coming to here and there" - who should know?! check the homepage! - then this "I'm going for an OD" - good for you! - later on: "I got the call!" - well done, who cares if it's not me!

Could anyone say something interesting?

I never really understood why people care if there are any other applicants attending an open day. Of course there are! So, we know it! What happens then??? You should be better than he or she is, so why do you want to be in contact?! It's so strange...

Is there someone with relevant questions?

Or maybe any experience about Open Days? Details: how many people attended, what was your impression, how was the group discussion, language knowledge and professional background of the candidates, any candidates over 30 who made it to the final, how many people made it to the final etc.

Any news, like one of the 380s is delayed, it's not coming in December? Or any changes in the contract according marriage and Living-out Allowance? When do you start training and which aircraft type???

It's great that some people are very excited to take part of the selection process. However only 1-10% will be hired. Still, it's great. Really. Good to know. Let's make everyone sign on pprune!

Please, write relevant things if it's possible.

RyanSydney
13th Oct 2009, 04:42
Well said!

do some research people,
i posted last week with my experiences from day one of contract offer to being told its time to quit my current job and voiced my opinion about repetitive posts, but its seem to disappear the next day!?

read back on the posts so were are all no reading the same Q's and A's everyday

Dubai Bound
13th Oct 2009, 06:21
Hey everyone,
I was hired by Emirates last year but got the withdrawl email right before my DOJ. I just had my final reassessment interview last week and I was so happy to see that when I walked in the office it was the same recruiter who interviewed me last year. My interview lasted about 40 minutes this time. It took about 5 minutes to fill out two forms(tatoo and passport info), and I gave my updated CV to the recruiter. I was asked situational questions about my current job (how I handled situations involving conflicts with guests, employees, problem solving etc. ) That actually only took about 10 minutes. After that we just talked for 25 minutes not even about Emirates. The recruiter is so warm and friendly and I was enjoying just talking to her.. Anyway, she asked if I could leave before the end of the year. So I am assuming that means that if anyone gets a confirmation after the interview be ready to get your meds done quick if possible(depending on your country) and be ready to leave soon after that.... if you can of course. So just to confirm some previous posts, yes you might leave quick and it does seem like all they really want to know from rejoiners(one's that got withdrawn) what you have been doing since the withdrawl and if your appearance has changed in any way(meaning- tatoos, haircolor, weight, etc.) I am supposed to find out in about a week and I will post when I recieve any news...
Good luck to all new joiners and rejoiners alike!!!!!! rejoiners alike!!!!!!
:ok:

tryflydubai
13th Oct 2009, 07:01
Hope this helps anyone trying to get through...... It is from my interview last year..... I was lucky enough to get hired with Emirates(but don't depend on luck alone, make it happen…)
The interviewers worked directly for Emirates(not one of the agencies) Both very attractive and they conducted both the assesment day(not the initial open day) and the final interviews the next two days. There were 40 people at the assesment invited from the 120 on opening day(every OD is different though). We were split up into three groups and put in 3 different circles. We then were told to find out two things about the person to our left(group 1 and 2....Favorite food and Hobby), ( Group 3... had to find out an embarrasing story about the person to their left and tell everyone) after introducing them to the group. They gave us about ten minutes for this while the two recruiters picked everyone out of the group one by one to do a reach test to make sure you are tall enough. Then we did our introductions and while we went around the circle the recruiters took notes. I believe they were watching for personality, presentation, skills and comfort of speaking in a group. Also, they gave strict instructions to only talk about the things they instructed us to find out about the person to the left. This was a sign to follow instructions and be short and sweet. Some people talked too much in my opinion since they told us not to go off topic. Then we were asked as a group to decide whether plastic surgery was good or bad and agree as a group. . No side discussions allowed and no voting allowed. Don't disagree with people whatever the topic is that they give you. The subject and resolution of the topic are not very important.
Then we had a break and took a test.
here's how it broke down
Spelling.....the recruiter said the word, repeated it in a sentence and you had to spell it.
10 words in total. Should could not repeat herself so pay attention! Then a math test. addition, subtraction, multi, dividing. Adding fractions together as well. Not to bad if you paid attention in 8th grade math. General comprehension and english grasp skills. The recruiter will read a short sentence or paragraph then you chose an answer. Ex. Matt loves carrots but hates tomatoes even though my dad loves them.
A. Matt loves tomatoes
B matts dad loves carrots
C matts dad loves tomatoes
D My dad loves tomatoes
Answer D
Then she told a short story and you answer multiple choice questions afterwards. Important!!! Pay attention and take notes if you can write fast cause it's a lot to remember. Or just pay attention to details

Then a logical reasoning test. Ex. What should come next in this sequence? Imagine arrows for up down left right cause I can't type them.

Up Right Down Left
so what comes next in the sequence? Up

Then basic info questions.
1. Who is the president of the United States?
Many wrote Obama. They told me afterward. It's Bush, come on people!(this is from last year)
2. How many sides are on a triange?
3. How many days are in March?

Pick one of two topics and write a 200 word essay.
The topics were 1. Who would you consider a leader and why(famous)
2. What are the most important qualities for a great cabin crew? I chose this one and went into detail. I was very prepared for this one. Make sure you are as well
After the test, we had a break then came back and they gave us each letters with our reference #(given to you in the beginning of the day) saying unfortunately you did not..., or congrats you made it to the next stage. Out of the 40 only 15 of us made it. Then we were split up into two groups like before and asked to come up with a comedy show. Everyone has to agree, no voting. Come up with a name for the Comedy, main actors, plotline, and they gave us ten minutes. The main thing you want be aware of is that you don't speak to much or not at all. Same with the first group discussion mentioned earler. If you do speak alot, ask others what they think and don't get into any arguments and try not to disagree with people. Rather come up with a solution you both agree on. It does not matter what the topic is. That doesn't make any difference. They take notes and see how you work with people and listen to people. Again though, just my opinion of what they were looking at while observing.
Then we all were called back in and they gave us all final interviews! The final interview was easy for me and others as well. They ask you questions like
When have you provided excellent customer service?
When have you had an altercation with a colleaugue? How did you resolve this?
When have you resolved a problem with a customer?
When have you gone out of your way for a customer?
Apparently some people had to take some kind of test after the interview and others didn't. I did not take it. I met some people online that work for emirates and some had to take that test and others didn't. So I don't think it means you will get the job or not. It might just test some other skills if they are not sure about you but i am just guessing.

Men to women ratio
out of the 40 there were 5 guys
then out of the 15 on the last cut there were 3 guys including me, and 12 girls.
Don't sweat what you heard about what percentage of guys they take. If they like your look, personality, and experience they will most likely hire you. At least that's what I think.
Hope this helps guys. Good luck and be yourselves in the interview. Let me know how it goes!

:E

diegoarg
13th Oct 2009, 12:47
Thanks a lot mate, that reeeeeeeeally helps! i have my AD on Sunday so i'll make good use of what you posted.

cheers everyone

made_in_ukraine
13th Oct 2009, 16:31
I made a post about my experience with Emirates in November 2008. Given that Emirates are hiring again and that people, in general, are lazy to use the search button, below is the copy of my post from last year. Please feel free to PM/ message me here if you may have any questions. I did not make it to EK, though but it was still fun. The post will be very long!

Here is how the assessment day looked like in Osaka:

10am - all those who passed the initial screening were invited to come on that day. Two groups were formed and sat in a circle. The task was "Ask the person to your right what he/she would do if he/she had 1000000 dollars and why." As you are discussing the question (and getting to know each other), the recruiters call you one by one to pass the 212cm reach test.

After that, each person stood up and presented the person to his/her right and what he/she would do with the money. In this case, be sure to greet everyone again, mention the person's name you are going to talk about and BRIEFLY in under 45 seconds tell what you have learnt. Smile, stand firmly and comfortably and enunciate properly. In this test, they measure you overall level of English. So, be sure to use simple and yet clear phrases as well as try to interchange long sentences with short ones.

After that, about 20% of people were eliminated.

The second test was another group activity. The task was "Choose 5 cities which might host next Olympics and what are the reasons for your choice." In this group discussion, I would outline the following:

1) If you are by nature a leader, that is perfectly acceptable. You may (and maybe even) should initiate the discussion. Offer one city... and then keep silent (occasionally, dropping "yes, it is a good idea; oh wow, [mention person's name], this is a very good point."

2) If you are a follower, then let someone start the conversation (this does not diminish or increase your chance of getting through, as it seemed to me). But then speak up. Mention one city and give your reason.

If you choose either to be1) or 2) (i.e., if you have a chance to mention one of five cities or you are the one who opens the discussion), make it no more than 45 seconds.

3) If it happened that five cities were mentioned and you did not get a chance to contribute your own point, then now it is the time for you to act. The safest way is to say this "OK, guys, we seem to have reached the consensus. So, to summarize, our five cities are...".

ALWAYS smile and maintain eye contact with EVERYONE in your group. Ignore the recruiters. I actually forgot that they were walking around us.

Then they asked 5 people from the group to stand up and present the 5 cities. In this case if you did not get a chance to talk or do the summary, volunteer to present. They need to somehow remember you.

After that, about 10% of people were eliminated. It seemed t me that they were looking for:
1) how you work in team
2) whether you can accept and appreciate other's opinions;
3) how good your English is;
4) your general posture (how you sit, eye contact, gestures)
5) how you present.

Then we had a short break. After a while, they invited ask to take the English language test. The test is nothing like GRE or GMAT but it does require a relatively high proficiency in English. There were about 40 questions and one essay to write. You do get more bonus points if your essay is both well written (structure, logics, cogerency) and well argued. They do not care whether the statements are actually correct (I ended up saying that hockey, figure staking and triathlon should be dropped off from the winter Olympics games list). As long as you:
1) follow the Western standard of writing (INTRO-Three Main Points-Conclusions), 2) use very good to excellent grammar and vocabulary
you will make it. After all, cabin crew is not a job for dummies.

Do not take your level of English for granted. There was one girl who seemed to be pretty confident with her language skills, and yet she failed.

After the test, about 25 % were thanked and asked to leave.

Then came the HARDEST group discussion. In a small group of 10 at most, you are given a topic, 4 questions to address and 10 minutes to come up with the solution. In terms of role distribution, you may follow the same pattern as described above. But remember who said what, since the recruiters may ask some questions further. If they ask the group "Whom did you {as a group meaning} choose to be the actor?" and you know the answer, say "We have decided that for this sitcom the best actor isXXX". Do not say more than they ask (i.e., no "why"s and so on).

30% people were left... and we made it to the finals. Then, there was a personality test and final interview scheduling.

Overall, it is a very very exciting process. You get the chance to meet amazing people, interact and feel so professional. And once you step out from the hotel, you feel so proud.

A few tips:
1) be nice and smile
2) do make sure that you look neat (shoes, hair, smell)
3) do not disagree. Say "Yes, this is a very interesting point of you".. and swallow the rest. After all, who cares. It is not like your decision whether Riga is to become the next EK destination will actually matter for EK itself.
4) talk to people when you have free time. Share concerns and make friends.
5) always thank everyone, even if he/she did not do anything.

Mari
13th Oct 2009, 18:28
Thank you, guys!

I'm happy to see that not all of the cabin crew are stupid and actually can write and not that lazy to write. If I were a candidate, I would save these comments on my computer (read above!) just to prepare myself for the Open Day. There is a lot of information hidden. It's good to know what to expect if you want to gain some confidence!

About the look and age: just go to youtube and find some videos about cabin crew training. It should be enough to figure out what type they are looking for! I know it's shocking but forget about glasses and braces (you might have them after you get hired!), be proportianal (meaning thin or slim, you can put on weight after you get hired, although they are getting strict about weight nowadays, so you'd rather not have any weight-issues) and do something about your skin.

You need to look young, pretty, energetic: first impression counts!

After you made the first screening, of course. You need to have a good CV to do that (meaning: customere service background, living abroud, spoken languages etc.) and a good photo (meaning: nice smile, well-groomed).

Please, post any RELEVANT questions about the company or OD experience! It's highly appreciated as pepole can learn from them.

Any good or bad experiences from new-joiners would be appreciated!!!

I think the first training will start 8th November since the Freeze, we would like to hear some news from those people: problems with medicals, impression about HR, first impression about Dubai, accomodation, college, training course, the people (nationalities, men-women ratio, age, professional background) and your feelings (working in the Middle-East).

eff aye
14th Oct 2009, 07:07
Hi all, I may be going across to Dubai as EK cabin crew in the near future. I did some research and found out I could expect to earn 6000 AED a month after allowances. Honestly I'm a bit concerned to find out that won't convert much back into Aussie dollars... Would 6000 a month local currency hold me in good stead over there? I've heard everything is expensive but I would greatly like any expats or crew opinions. It's a big decsion to make. Thanks in advance. Matt

Maja2U
14th Oct 2009, 10:19
had my interview in belgrade 1.10. after i got a withdrawal in january this year.
today they called me to do my medicals and gave me a new DOJ 27/11.
my friend also got a new date of joining in february (she asked for it to be that way).

there...! nobody is posting any good news after the re-interview so i wanted to let you know that, like i posted before, if they still didn't call you and it's been more than 2 weeks, you call them!

best of luck for all of you guys... :ok:
hope to meet you all there someday... if i get there this time...:} ( inform me of any new global crisis :p )

kimberlee100_0
14th Oct 2009, 11:08
Hi Everyone. I had my Final interview two weeks ago in Brisbane and just got the golden call with my D.O.J been the 23rd November. Now for the medicals. I had medicals 6 months for another airline job so fingers crossed they will all be ok. For all of you waiting, it is painful waiting for the call but there is no feeling like the one you have when they call you. It's worth the wait. :)

pudnx
14th Oct 2009, 11:32
I've just emailed Emirates recruitment team to find out the outcome of my re-validation interview held on the 17/09/2009. It's been four weeks tomorrow after being promised a response within two weeks. I did not want to email regarding the outcome as usually this shows impatience, however I need to make necessary plans in order to continue with my UK life e.g. go to college to progress in my current career, should I not get the opportunity of joining Emirates.

It’s been difficult as I accepted that possibly Emirates would not be recruiting for some time since being placed on hold back in February of this year. My DOJ was the 27/02/09 and I received the news about the recruitment freeze on the 21/02/09.

Any updates anyone could provide regarding the outcome of their re-validation interview would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks x

monkey_boi
14th Oct 2009, 11:43
Hey!

Has anyone from the UK had a call back about the re-interview? i had my re-interview on the 15th of September (4 weeks ago) and ive still not heard back from them..... anyone else still in the same situation?

nrcrowth
14th Oct 2009, 12:04
No I still havent got answer
and Im in same situation as you Monkey_boi!
had my reassessment interview london on 15th!
ive emailed them and they have just asked for my patience as they still need to work on the file!
what about you have you contacted them?

bks
14th Oct 2009, 14:35
Hi everyone, i applied for the global assessment day in London on the 19th Oct, but haven't heard anything back!

Does anyone know where the event will be held, because if i don't hear anything back i plan on just turning up. No other dates are advertised in London including next month. Don't want to miss the opportunity on the basis they have still not got round to reading my application.

Some of the other cities like Paris have the venue details except for London. If anyone has any information please let me know.
:-)

lucy21
14th Oct 2009, 16:22
Hi guys!!

I think all of us from the UK are in the same boat at the moment regarding the delay, my re-assessment interview was also on the 15th September in London and they also told me I'd hear within 2 weeks, I emailed them after 3 and got no response. I did get an email asking me to sign the updated grooming guidelines and send them back which I've done, still no response from them.

Very frustrated as I'm sure the rest of you are too! If ANYONE from the UK gets a call or email asking them to do medicals please post on here as we'll then know that something is happening for us!!

Thanks xxx

TrixiB
14th Oct 2009, 17:33
Hi Everyone,

I've read this for a long while - ever since i was told i had a job with EK, until the recession struck at the end of last year. Because some of the stories have helped me i felt i would like to share my info with all of you...

I had my reassessment interview on the 18th of September and was told i would hear within 2 weeks.

Today (more than 3 weeks later) i received an email saying i was unsuccessful.
Here is the fateful email:

Further to your recent reassessment for the post of Cabin Crew with our Airline, it is with considerable regret that we have to advise you that your application was unsuccessful. As you can appreciate, we have only recently recommenced our cabin crew hiring and there are many candidates interested in the available opportunities we currently have. As a result, the competition for course slots is high.

Should you still be interested in pursuing a career with Emirates Airline, you can re-apply for Cabin Crew after a period of one year, or at anytime for other positions we advertise on our careers website.
We would like to thank you for attending the interview programme, and we wish you every success with your future endeavours.

Yours sincerely,

Recruitment Manager - Cabin Crew.

Congratulations to all those lucky people who have a DOJ and good luck to those still in the process of applying.

Mari
14th Oct 2009, 23:06
I'm so sorry Trixi!!! It's quite shocking... I guess you have no idea why you received a rejection letter.

You might want to try Etihad in the future. They are currently recruiting Japanese and Arabic speakers, Cabin Managers and F and B managers but I'm sure there will be opportunities next year and open days around.

You are so young, maybe you will find better options. It was not ment to be...

ashlea
15th Oct 2009, 05:52
6000aed is the lowest, the bare minimum you'd expect to make, if you didn't have many flights that month or you had annual leave then or whatever. 9000 is probably a good average. When you convert to AUD it doesn't seem like a whole lot I know, but keep in mind that you won't have any bills. I assume that EK is like EY..uniforms and dry cleaning are free, transport to and from the airport is free, sometimes you eat on the flight, accommodation and utlities are free, medical insurance blah blah. All you need to pay for yourself is probably internet, cable tv, internet connection, cabs, personal food and entertainment etc. And remember - no tax! :8:8

Mari
15th Oct 2009, 11:31
Yes, maybe 1 or 200 people...

lucy21
15th Oct 2009, 11:33
Hi all,

Trying not to get too excited but I've just had a missed call - message left asking me to call back which I've done and left a message for them - fingers crossed I'll get the answer I'm hoping for - Following the comment above I'm hoping rejection is only issued by email?! Arghhhhhhhh!!!

monkey_boi
15th Oct 2009, 12:19
sounds like good news to me Lucy!! :)

i still haven't heard anything, still waiting for a response, but il let you know when i hear something my end...

magicmorris
15th Oct 2009, 13:03
The average salary at EK... is around 8500aed.... And is plenty.... Plus allowances that vary from between 150aed to 500aed, all paid in local currency at destination.... You can make about 1000aed in allowances each month....

All uniform dry cleaning is free, transport to from work is free.... and the bus runs every 15 mins... So if your really broke you can jump on it to get to friends houses when not on duty! All your bills are paid!

Its a pretty easy life!

Maja2U
15th Oct 2009, 13:10
yes, it does sound like great news!:ok: you go, girl!
it was a bit strange how they're not contacting your UK group...hope they call all of you guys!:O

sorry to hear about that girl who had her re-interview and got that awful e-mail.
don't get it... why? after everything, we deserve to go...:confused:

Mari-get a life! people are happy and excited to go, to ask, to read, to find out...who are you to judge them or posts they're leaving here! :=
so what if you're not satisfied? we're all here for the same reason and we all read the same stuff-sometimes it sounds dumb, sometimes it's useful...
let's leave that sarcasm you're full of and respect each other. otherwise, you're just being asocial...

tiniviel
15th Oct 2009, 13:28
hear hear! :)))

Mari
15th Oct 2009, 13:40
Oh, yes, I love being sarcastic! You wasted half of a post for this?! I wasn't even rude this time! Strange...

Anyways, I'm sure everybody will hear back from Emirates soon. My friend just got the Golden Call today from EK: her final interview was in Belgrade, 2nd October.

The other thing which I was thinking - really just guessing! - that they want to maintain the groups mixed with different nationalities. (Maybe it's totally a stupid thought, I don't know.) My group had 15 people from 11 nationalities and we were always encouraged to mix and change tables.

Or they have a lot of applications from the London AD and it takes more time to sort them out. Maybe a different group of people is working on the London-group and they work slowlier than the Belgrade-group.

I just heard that the first ab-initios are at the college and started their training! I thought the first training starts 8th November (pprune) since the freeze but it looks like they started already. Most of them must be the people who were hired in Dubai in September. After all, they were in Dubai and ready to start.

Mari
15th Oct 2009, 14:48
post is cancelled

luna007
15th Oct 2009, 19:25
Hey all,
I'll be attending the open day in Vancouver on Oct. 24. If anyone's going, let me know!
Oh, another thing. I live in Toronto but I just happen to be in Vancouver around the 24th, and I'm coming back to Toronto on the 27th. How long does it take to get a call from Emirates for second interview? and one-on-one? Should I stay longer in Vancouver? Well, it will all depend on whether I get through all the stages lol
Any answer will be greatly appreciated.
Have a good day eveyone! :)

Montreal76
15th Oct 2009, 20:39
The best people to answer that question are the agency that are organizing the preselections and that would be Konexion, I got hired last yeat around the same time in Montreal, and it took a week from the preselection, meeting Emirates and going to a Final Interview !

StewardMan
15th Oct 2009, 21:42
Hi,
I will be travelling on OD to Paris, so i would like to prepare right pictures for that. Can you tell me if I go all the way through the finall interview what kind and how many pictures I will have to provide?
Passaport size, whole body, half body, casual ???

Thank you for your help

chupachup
16th Oct 2009, 05:07
hi luna,

when we went to the open day in vancouver in jan this year, it took about 9 days to complete everything. that was from a open day on a sat, to the final interview on the monday 9 days later.
we had quite a few ppl having to fly back to vancouver to participate after 'passing' the konexion screening. and most of the interview activities were done over the wkends except for the final interview.

hope that helps :)

eff aye
16th Oct 2009, 06:02
Thankyou all so very much for your detailed responses. It's a big decsion too make as I am QF domestic crew in the land of oz and have never actually visited the sandpit! No I have some better info to work on

99heyho
16th Oct 2009, 06:14
Where do some of you see ODs for EK?

I dont even see any ODs on the website. Only ADs. The OD section is empty!

iio78
16th Oct 2009, 08:45
hey silvia,
i am from bucharest and i received an email to go on the 24th for screening day with mt global, what about you?

Mari
16th Oct 2009, 09:35
For StewardMan

(This info is from the Belgrade Open Day)

1. Full-length photo - business attire
- 1 professional (not by your sister at home)
- in business attire (suit and tie for you, short hair, shaved)
- plain bacground: light blue or grey
- do not "fly" on the picture (photoshop), have a real bacground
- look into the camera
- smile
- hands next to your body, relaxed, not in your pocket
- stand straight, towards the camera
- size: 10x15 cm

2. Casual photos
- 2 different casual photos (meaning jeans, shirt, whatever, no glass or cigarette in the hand, not half-naked beach photos), take more pictures with you if you want
- full-length
- nobody in the background (not party pictures!)
- smile

3. Portrait
- copy a good one on your CV (the CV photo should be great and charming, it doesn't have to be an official passport photo)
- 6 pieces of passport photos
- size: 4,5x3,5 cm
- look straight to the camera, both ears visible
- smile
- background is not important (I would recommend white for this, they need these for the visa and stuff)

All information will be provided if you make it to the Final Interview. If your file is not complete, don't worry. You can bring or send the missing stuff later. You will need:
- CV (not long, one page is more than enough)
- school certificates (translated)
- no written references but e-mail address and phone number from 2 of your former employers
- Letter of Employment from current employer

For Ladies

As I read in one post, you could pass the initial screening if your hair is down and you are wearing ballerina shoes (read back: Perth OD). However, you MUST look neat and professional on the photo!

- knee-length skirt (meaning knee-length: no visible knees, it's too short, not under your knee like the Qatar-uniform, it's too long)
- suit (preferably black, navy blue or dark grey: you cannot go wrong)
- suit shoudn't be too big: show your figure (clip it behind if your figure doesn't show)
- skin-colour stockings (not black)
- closed shoes, no straps or visible toe, no sandals
- hair up neatly (no hair coming out at all! very neat!)
- no scarf
- no/not much jewelery (no long earings or more rings)
- facing the camera
- hands next to the body, relaxed (not on your hip!)
- stand straight (absolutely NO posing like a supermodel!)
- both legs should be visible, one foot might be slightly forward just to make it pretty
- strong make-up, make sure you don't have circles around your eyes, the red lipstick brings out the white teeth
- warm, opened smile

Mari
16th Oct 2009, 10:55
I really, really don't want to scare anyone but the Paris OD (24th) disappeared from the homepage a week ago. It's not listed among the assessment days, either. Isn't it possible that it got cancelled?

If I were you (who know the date and the exact place) I would call the hotel before travelling from another country to attend this OD. Just in case. All open days should be advertised on the Emirates career homepage.

Himmelmat
16th Oct 2009, 11:12
od paris is not disappeared...i can still get a look on this :-) hotel hyatt paris the 24th and so on :)

Mari
16th Oct 2009, 11:16
Where???

Mario sent me the link even, I clicked on it, the ODs homepage came up and it was empty! Totally empty: no events at all!

I only found this event listed on someone's blog but it's not official information. You can read below the chart:

Dates, venues and times are subject to change without prior notice. Please register to get up to date information regarding any Open Days or Global Assessment Days in the future.

Sau Paolo is not there either on 25th but among the assessments on 30th.

StewardMan
16th Oct 2009, 12:03
The add for Paris OD is still there, check under GLOBAL INFORMATION OPEN DAYS link,

or here:
Emirates Recruitment (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/CabinCrewOpenDays.aspx?j=f&pub=/english)

adi_boi
16th Oct 2009, 13:32
Hi Guys!

I just came from the "Walk-in CV drop-off" today at the emirates headquarters. I'm not sure if it's the same as the ODs you guys were talkin about. But to just give you a picture of what happened:

We were about 200 applicants and counting... asked to be seated in an auditorium. There are 3 interviewers. One applicant after another. It was like nothing happened when I dropped mine to an interviewer. She just asked me "How are you today?" then, "where are you working at the moment?", "which branch?" then she just browsed my CV (like she's not even reading a thing) then she said "Fantastic! Thank you very much!" Then, that's it. I walked out of the auditorium confused. Thinkin "what the heck just happened there?" That's it? :ugh:

I don't know, but I guess they're looking for people under Visit/Tourist Visa... which I definitely HOPE NOT since I am currently working.

They said, we have to wait for the call from them by the end of this week.

If we don't get one, well, you know what it means. it's just sad, if the basis would be the "visa status" only. Because, if you don't get the call, you have to wait for 6 months to reapply again. which seemed like unfair for me, since you didn't have the chance to prove them(in an interview, of course) that you have what it takes, or kind of like that.

Well, I am still praying and hoping to get THAT call.

Is there anybody who went to the same? Share your thoughts.

still looking forward!

indigoCat
16th Oct 2009, 13:52
I'm leaving for Mar del Plata today, it's my 2nd time applying.

Primera vez? :ok:

Leito
16th Oct 2009, 15:16
Good luck Indigo, say hello to Favio for me !!! :ok:

Leo

scotsman83
16th Oct 2009, 18:23
hey adi boy, don't worry visa status has nothing to do with it....im working in dubai and had my FI just over 2 weeks ago, still waiting on news...im at the point now that i need to know...good or bad!!

adi_boi
16th Oct 2009, 18:47
Thanks for that scotsman!

It's nice to hear that you had your FI already... happy for you! Yea, the waiting is really tough!

btw, how did you apply? did you go to one of those "walk-in's" too? or just online?

i'm just kind of nervous right now. but still looking forward to receive the call.

I just don't want to become "unsuccessful" in my application without them hearing my qualifications yet. lol. ;)

luna007
16th Oct 2009, 22:30
Thanks Chupachup and Montreal76 for your great replies!:O I guess I'll skip a week of school and focus on the EK interview then.
I have some other questions now.

1. I'm in my last year of university and I'm worried if being in school would cut me off. I have about 3 years of experience working at restaurants, and this is the only customer service oriented work I had. Would this be sufficient enough?:sad:

2. I'm wearing braces right now but taking them off by the end of this month. Would this count as another no-no?:\

RubyLee
17th Oct 2009, 06:38
Hi Adi Boi - just to let you know that what you attended at the head quarters was literally a CV drop off, it wasnt an interview or an open day -what the will do now is go over everyones CVs and then shortlist who they want to attend an open day... the open day is like a group interview type thing to see how you interact with other people and how you communicate etc... then if you are successful you are invited for an interview on your own....
If you havent heard back from them after 1 week, do not stress... they told us one week also and i received an email with an invitation two weeks later... i can imagine it takes them some time to get through all the Cvs :)

Has anyone been to an open day in dubai this year? what did it involve? what were the group activities and what questions did they ask you? want to be prepared :O i see you have scotsman83 - please help...

Hope that helps.

RubyLee

adi_boi
17th Oct 2009, 19:27
Hi Rubylee!

Thanks for that! Now it's getting clearer for me... so I guess, the waiting has started for me. Congratulations to you in advance! :ok: I know you're gonna do good! Update us of what's gonna happen in your first stage. I'm excited for you!

But yeah, honestly, can't help but get so anxious about it. Good thing I don't nailbite! hehehe!

Keep it coming guys... any kind of tips, advices, suggestions or experiences will be greatly appreciated... :)

Maja2U
17th Oct 2009, 22:49
is anyone out there who's having problems with a link to download pre-employment medical forms?? :confused:

don't know why but I just can't open the link.
did all the previous steps like they said to do, uploaded everything they asked me to... (wooow, this even rhymes...) and now i'm stuck...:ugh:
:{

kimberlee100_0
18th Oct 2009, 02:23
Hi I had the same problem with my medical forms. If you have a new computer with windows Vista it does not work. I was in a panic as I had my doctors appointment to start the medical process on Saturday and had no paperwork! I had to the mad run to the library on friday night to print it out.

So my suggestion - Try print it out at the library or on another computer without a new version of windows.

Good Luck! The medicals are intense. I have been running around for two days now to get them done in 7 days.

KB:)

Maja2U
18th Oct 2009, 10:13
tnx, kimberlee!!! :}

i've sent them a question yesterday night asking about it and they answered this morning(:eek:fast...) with an e-mail with all of the forms attached.

i don't like the candidate portal so far... ;)
it was better the first time, in February...

kiss ya and thank you one more time!

kenyan85
18th Oct 2009, 12:30
It's finally here, the wait is over! The Nairobi assessment day's been set for next month (22nd) . I am so excited and apprehensive at the same time, being the second time I'm trying after making it to the FI last time and receiving the unsuccessful email. Getting my designer suit ready and putting a few more pounds (it might help as I'm quite the skinny guy :E) , and putting my papers in order just in case! Wish me luck guys, and all y'all Nairobians holler at your boy! This time we're doing it right :-D

skyla
18th Oct 2009, 18:02
Hi to all, like many of you I had applied last January made it to the finals but was never offered the job due to the financial crisis. Just a week ago I got an invitation for another re-assessment interview which I gladly attended to yesterday. Was just wondering if any of you have an idea of what the medical examination consists of, such as x-rays, vaccines ect just so maybe I can get some ready in advance. Just to avoid the hassle of trying to complete everything in a short period of time, if ! I do get the golden call eventually. Also are there any of you who got the golden call even when you had some of the documentation such as pics, passport copy ect missing ?

Thanking you in advance for your help and wishing good luck to all those interested in joining :)

Mari
18th Oct 2009, 22:41
EMIRATES PRE-EMPLOYMENT MEDICAL EXAMINATION

1- HIV report (Please do not travel IF POSITIVE and do not continue further with the required test)

2- Haemoglobin Count (blood and urine test)

3- Hepatitis C (HCV) Test

4- A Detailed Chest X Ray report about heart and lungs

5- Audiogram report & graph (graph is very important for approval of such)

6- Cervical smear test report (for females only)

7- Dental certificate and X-ray

8- Vaccination certificate with the initial course date

9- Eye test: we require you to do an eye test whether you are wearing glasses or not.

Separate reports for each of the above test.

All medical reports should be only in ENGLISH, and the handwriting of physician should be clear to read.

You may choose to go to any certified doctor to complete the required medical tests.

RubyLee
19th Oct 2009, 05:51
Hi Everyone,

I am just wondering who has attended a final interview and what did it involve???

for those attending the preliminary interview in dubai - mine went like this.

Firstly we had to make two seperate groups and talk to the person to our left. Find out there fave book - then present this to the group one by one... please be sure that when it is your turn you do talk to the group, dont just talk to the interviewers... i noticed that the people that couldnt talk to the group and just kind of mumbled there answers to the interviewers were eliminated immediately. Make sure you talk slowly and clearly.

Next we had an english test - i am a native english speaker and i found this test hard lol, the english part was not hard but the maths questions were... be sure you are fresh on our to add, subtract, divide and times without having to use a calculator, there are also some fractions etc in there - I left a few of these and still got through though so i am not sure what the pass mark is like for this, but make sure your english 100%. You will have to write an essay, there are two questions 1. Who do you think should be a world leader and why? or 2. What abilities does someone need to make an excellent cabin crew? - you have to choose one and write 200 word essay, make sure you write this properly - like with an introduction, body and summary etc. In this test they are also testing your listening... they will ask you about 10 questions and you will have to go back and answer them afterwards, remembering all the little passages that the intervier has read out... it sounds hard to remember but is actually easy if you just listen.

Next is another group discussion. We were told that we had to create a sitcom as a group we had to decide who stared in it, what it is about, what the title is etc. At the end the interviewers will ask you questions about your sitcom. In the group discussions you should talk to everyone and do not be too in control or too quiet.

We started with about 35 and 12 of us made it through to the final interviews, which is a pretty big number so they must really be looking for people... one of the girls said her friend works in HR and they are requesting 400 new cabin crew to have started by the end of the month - (could just be a rumour but worth spreading the word hehe)

Anyway good luck to everyone... if someone can please give me advise on the final interview as i have it tomorrow.

THANKS.

iio78
19th Oct 2009, 09:31
rubylee you said that,
they will ask you about 10 questions, when is this going to happen?
during the essay?

yani55
19th Oct 2009, 12:10
Hi everybody,

I am still waiting for invitation from Emirates pre-assessment day in Sofia 24 oct!It is somebody like me?What do you think?Should I think thad I am not in the short liste?I am a little bit confused:ugh:

Tamaricica
19th Oct 2009, 15:59
Hey people!
I had my final on 5th October in Belgrade..And still nothing..
My friend was called yesterday and got the job!!!And he told me that his friend got the call as well last week...
And he had his final after me on the same day...
Dont know what to think..
A little sad and nervous and lkzdumlkduhgldugh:ugh:
No phone call no bad e mail...
Dont know what to do...:rolleyes:

frenchie13
19th Oct 2009, 16:22
hello, i'm hoping to be invited to open day in paris. i have a question: i thought i just had to register for that but then got redirected to the application form with letter of motivation and everything to complete. so i've just submited it today and waiting on a reply. i think it might be too short notice though... did you have to do the same? and then got the invitation? do you actually have to go to open days since you submit everything online already? then do they just invite you to an assessment day? to tell you the truth i don't really see the point of those open days since it is just to hand out stuff you've sent already. thanks for giving me some info if you get some time.

RubyLee
19th Oct 2009, 17:25
Hi IIO78,

They will give you the test paper then go through the questions in the begginning, then you can start the exam. A bit hard to explain... but not difficult :)

Can someone please help me... what did the Final Interview involve, i have mine tomorrow.... what type of questions? did they go through previous work history? etc please tell me what they asked you.

Mari
19th Oct 2009, 17:48
Use the SEARCH option above!

Find posts about Emirates final interview/interview questions etc.

RubyLee
19th Oct 2009, 17:50
Thanks Mari - i will search now. Cheers.

nrcrowth
19th Oct 2009, 21:47
Hey I still havent heard anything after my reassessment interview on 15th sept!
:confused:I know people who have been rejected after reassessment....but im being optimistic as im sure Emirates wudnt make me wait 6 weeks to deliver bad news after i was accepted at the start of the year! It wouldnt make sense!

Has anyone from UK had acceptance after reassessment interview?

monkey_boi
19th Oct 2009, 22:02
Im in the same boat, i had mine on the 15th of september, and still havent heard anything. I did send them an email on sunday to see what was going on as its been 5 weeks now and they did say it shouldn't take longer than 2 weeks...

atpcliff
19th Oct 2009, 23:39
Hi!

Heard from pilots that EK needs 500 FAs by the end of the year, which is the max they can absorb with the current training limitations. I'm sure they will keep hiring for 2010 as they have LOTS of planes coming in, and lots of FAs leaving for other places/jobs.

cliff
NBO

atpcliff
20th Oct 2009, 00:27
Hi!

I would like to know, from an FAs perspective, what is it like working at EK for both FAs and pilots. Who is a good fit to join EK?

Thanx!
cliff
NBO

skyla
20th Oct 2009, 05:31
Thanks for the info Mari :)

skyla
20th Oct 2009, 05:41
Hi guys, do you know of anyone or maybe yourselves, who got accepted ( I mean the call ) even when they had some missing documentation in their file such as a copy of the passport or a photo or anything else ? I still have to send a copy of passport and the smart photos as my last interviewer suggested to re do the shots since they look a bit distorted :(

lucy21
20th Oct 2009, 07:47
Hi all (especially to those from UK who had re-assessment interviews in Sept!)

Good news - Emirates called this morning to tell me I had the job and just need to do as before and complete online joining form, accept contract and sort medicals. You get a week to 10 days to do meds, hoping the nhs get themselves sorted this time and don't make me wait 7 weeks like last time!!!

MY DOJ IS 7TH DECEMBER, ANYBODY WITH ME???????

"I'm so excited and I just can't hide it" :)!!!!! xxx

kimberlee100_0
20th Oct 2009, 08:20
Hi Lucy. My date of joining is the 23rd November. In your contract what was the date of your ground school. Mine is the 3rd Dec. I have just sent all my medical stuff today. I managed to run around and get it sorted in 5 days so I was pretty lucky but I have done nothing else in those 5 days.

Kimberlee :)

kenyan85
20th Oct 2009, 08:27
Hey Lucy21, happy for you that you got the job, all the best and see you hopefully in DXB! Private Message me, and maybe we can chat more on facebook. Congratulations!

monkey_boi
20th Oct 2009, 09:58
Hey Hey!

well i just got an email back form Emirates, they said that they have been trying to contact me regarding the results of my interview, they gave me a number to call them back on. I manged to get through to the lady that sent me the email and she said she will call me back in 15 minutes or so......!!

lucy21
20th Oct 2009, 11:52
Hi monkeyboi!
Sounds like good news to me - keep us posted and pm me if you want to add me on facebook to stay in touch!
Fingers crossed for you!
Lucy x

Sodwee
20th Oct 2009, 13:11
People should be recruited in time for the few aircraft deliveries in the begining of next year. A380 is one of them.

Again for more information on Open Days and Global Assessment days please read

[No blogs permitted]

Good luck to all !

Sori84
20th Oct 2009, 13:12
Hey Kimberlee, I was at the Brisbane Open day and got through to the final interview stage too. I had to redo some photos for them and got a phone call to see if I had sent them, but since receiving a confirmation that they got the photos (on the 7th) I haven't heard back :(

Do you know if anyone else has gotten through from Brisbane? And did you have to redo any of your forms? Also, to what test are you referring to in the final interview?

Congratulations for your efforts, and hopefully I will be over there one day too! Sorry about the twenty questions, I am just anxious to know whether or not I got through!

Cheers,

Soraya

Mikejr
20th Oct 2009, 15:08
Congratulations to Lucy and kimberlee100. I think, this is awesome :) ----> Happy for you.

Who else got DOJ for 2009? Spread the word. LOL :O

filwa
20th Oct 2009, 15:32
re-interveiw 11 Oct ,perth Australia
got the congradulation phone call 20 Oct,DOJ 23 NOV,they gave me 7days to complete medical ! still waiting for emails and contract though

congradulation to anyone who got the DOJ,and good luck to everyone who has interviews on the go !!

see you soon in Dubai

nrcrowth
20th Oct 2009, 15:48
omg im still waiting for a response after my reassessment interview......rather concerned now....anyone else from UK still waiting to hear? :confused:

Oh and of course very well done to those who have a DOJ especially those who had reassessment after being on hold for those painful months!:ok:

Ninz22
20th Oct 2009, 16:21
Hi guys, been watching this forum for a while, glad people are still waiting like me I had my re assesment interview on the 17th of Sept in London, feels like iv been waiting aaaages.. ! huge congrats to the people that heard xxxx

samina
20th Oct 2009, 18:03
hi everyone..congratulations to whoever made it to the final interview and goodluck! goodluck to those having a reassesment too!
i would like to ask a question about medicals...ive read in several sites what medicals consits of...
i would like to know what about the audiograph...what is the limit of hearing loss one can have? i would really appreciate an answer! thanks in advance!

wanttoflyhigh
20th Oct 2009, 21:36
Congratulations to everyone getting the job with Emirates, very nice to hear. And to those waiting, hang in there...! ;)

I need your help guys - I had my interviews back in January and didnt get offered the job but was put on hold. I got the re-assessment email today and here is what I wanna know:

For those re-doing their final interview, do you need to bring pics again? Reference letters? Basically I would love to know everything they ask for in the "number 2" final interview.

THANKS.

Dubai Bound
20th Oct 2009, 22:12
You only need to bring your updated CV. They will give you two forms to fill out (the one about your tatoos and the other one you just fill out your info for visa purposes) Very easy.... Then they will ask you situational questions about your present job.
When have you provided excellent customer service?
When have you had an altercation with a colleaugue? How did you resolve this?
When have you resolved a problem with a customer?
When have you gone out of your way for a customer?
That's pretty much it...... Good Luck...
I am still waiting to hear... They said I would find out between oct 20th-25th and two friends that had the 2nd final interviews on the same day as me got the call today and yesterday...
Hope I hear soon!!

filwa
21st Oct 2009, 09:15
do we just accept the offer on candidate portal right? no need to sign on the writte one,scan and send back right ? about uploading passport size photos,anyone has problems uploading them?nothing pops out after press BROWSE plus there's a "check" for the status !dose it mean that i've completed before and i dont need to do it again?(offered,withrawal,and now new offer) would be appreciated if anyone could help ! thanks

lucy21
21st Oct 2009, 09:29
You don't need to sign the contract just click accept - they'll get you to sign an original when you get out there. As for the passport pics I haven't looked at that part yet so can't be of much help! x

monkey_boi
21st Oct 2009, 11:34
Heyyy!

well I received good news yesterday morning! woo! my start date is the 14th of December :)

has anyone else got this start date?

good luck to everyone else, it took them 5 weeks to get back to me, so don't worry if its been over 2 weeks. I think there just a bit busy at the moment.

RubyLee
21st Oct 2009, 14:50
Hi Everyone, i had my final interview yesterday and felt it went horrible :(

although today i received a uniform form which i need to sign and send back... just wondering - does everyone get this?? has anyone received this and been unsuccessful??

thanks, xxx

filwa
21st Oct 2009, 14:52
cheers lucy21, just got the medical form this morning,but received a phone call asking why i haven't completed my medicals and uploaded them yet !!hmm..seems EK really needs new joiner ! but it's always good that they try to contact! i believe those who's waiting will hear the good news soon.

lucy21
21st Oct 2009, 15:35
Hi all,

Just wondering if those of you who like me who are doing medicals for a second time have noticed that they no longer require you to do an Audiogram or ECG??? I would assume they'll still test you on it when you get to Dubai though...They've also changed Part A so you have to fill it in and sign it with a witness and not your doctor as before??

Just thought it was curious that they've changed it...x

filwa
21st Oct 2009, 16:07
for your info,seems there's NO audiogram on the new medical requirements form ! At least NOT on MINE or i've done it before i got the withdrawal letter so no need for me to do it again. hope it helps !

filwa
21st Oct 2009, 16:14
yeah,i've noticed the new medical requirements are easier and with less stuff(which is good-save money!) there's no Clinical Evaluation/no Audiogram/ECG/no blood pressure and URINALYSIS on Appendix 2-partB !

Tamaricica
21st Oct 2009, 18:31
and still no phone call...no good and no bad news..nothing.....

nrcrowth
21st Oct 2009, 20:28
Tamaricica- same here nothing....have you tried to contact them?

good news about the medicals......do we still need to do chest xray? and xrays for teeth??!!

aysha
21st Oct 2009, 20:29
Hi everyone,
just wondering about whtat sort of pictures to attach to the online application form? What should I be wearing? Is a skirt with a collared blouse ok? I am going to get a friend to take the pictures as I can't afford to get them done proffesionaly.

To everyone that got through CONGRATULATIONS!
And everyone thats trying GOOD LUCK

Nimmi
21st Oct 2009, 21:58
Hey!
I had my interview on Oct 14th in Melbourne and just received the uniform letter last night, which needs to be sent back within 2 working days. RubyLee you got the letter right after your interview, and they sent my uniform letter after exactly a week later.

Tamaricica
21st Oct 2009, 23:12
No,
I havent tried to call them yet...
Im just waiting..
But if I dont hear from them in the next two weeks I will contact them..
For how long have you been waiting?

zvrky
21st Oct 2009, 23:23
mislim da trebda ih nazoves slobodno ako je proslo dve nedelje.

(ja sam 2007. stigla do finalnog, medjutim, na kraju nista, a sada mi nije prosao ni cv. ne radzume nista, al ajde!)

i think you should call them if two weeks have passed.

(in 2007 i reached the final, but at nothing at the end, and now even my cv didn't pass, don't understand it, but alright...)

zvrky
21st Oct 2009, 23:29
i'm concered. :bored: i'm at the beginning of my final year in colledge (of studying japanese, not so good at it though) and don't have any work experience, i'm 24 now.:uhoh:

is that now a difficulty for me? what do you think?

i speak slovak and english fluently beside basic jap. (maybe a little german, but that doesn't count)

Newbona
22nd Oct 2009, 01:49
Hi, pleasee.. could you help me a little..? :)
You got on an interview for Emirates airlines, right?

Im going on that nect week..
Can you tell me anything about the test? How difficult it was.. what was the text about.. or anything about the test !!?

Thank you so very much ! ;)
Gabriela

diana.sky
22nd Oct 2009, 09:08
It will be assessment day in Manila on 24th, Saturday. Wish me luck!

scotsman83
22nd Oct 2009, 10:52
well guys im just updating you on whats happening....NOTHING!! lol

I had my FI in Dubai on the 30th September here in Dubai...they did tell me to wait upto 4 weeks but it seems like forever now!! 2 girls already got the dreaded email and 1 other girl got a call after 1 week...its just so confusing....why do they call so far apart??? I've heard of some people waiting upto 6 weeks???

monkey_boi
22nd Oct 2009, 11:40
I had my interview on the 15th of September, and they called me exactly 5 weeks later.... just be patient, i think there just a bit busy at the moment...... No news is good news! ;)

Good luck to everyone!

muntuza
22nd Oct 2009, 12:17
Hi everyone, i stumbled across this site, and it reminded me of my dream to fly with Emirates.

Anyway, turns out there is a CV drop off on 30 Oct, so i have been to one of them, and its just simple, drop CV and smile answering whatever questions they ask.

My question is the pictures how should i pose? make up, yes il look stunning, but what exactly can i do to capture my recruiter as she speeds past my CV to go through the 10000 remaining?

Thank you

lucy21
22nd Oct 2009, 14:24
In response to questions about medicals the following still have to be completed;
Chest X-ray
Blood Tests
Cervical Smear (females only)
OPG & Bite wings & Dental examination
Opthalmic report for contact lense wearers only
Vaccinations

No audiogram, no urinalysis, no ECG and no clinical evaluation, you complete Part A and get a witness to sign it (anyone as long as they're not related, doesn't have to be a doctor!)- any cost saving is a blessing :o)! x

adi_boi
22nd Oct 2009, 19:37
Hi there!

Actually, I'm not pretty sure if there should be a specific "striking" pose for the photograph, since the handing-over is pretty quick... and i really mean, QUICK. Kind of weird but yeah... I went there last 16th of Oct... haven't gotten any calls from them yet. I suggest just look good.. coz they even told us that if you don't have a photo on hand, it's ok... nothing too specific. ..since it's really just gonna be a CV Drop Off...

still waiting for their call here...

stefenkc
22nd Oct 2009, 19:50
Hi there, I would like to know if the advertisements for the ODs and ADs on emirates web site will be updated with more dates. I've noticed they published the latest dates to the month after. ie until November...

Will they publish for December as well?
and also does anyone know if Mauritius will have its assessment day any soon?

cheers

Stephen

flygirl85
22nd Oct 2009, 20:55
Hi everyone. i went to the london assessment day and it was great fun. i made it through to the final interview which went well (i think :} anyway). there were about 40-60 of us (sorry i cant remember the exact number) and 9 made it through. having said that, some people must have not even taken the time to read over the dress codes etc. and showed up looking a bit scruffy (boobs showing etc. i mean c'mon, youre applying for a job in a muslim country). all girls i talked to were extremely nice, very supportive of each other and calming each other down etc., it was a lovely atmosphere. the recruiter, a lady from new zealand, was also very friendly which made me a lot less nervous. there were the different stages that were described before in posts i believe and the final interviews took place the day, or 2 days after all the group exercises. i encourage everyone to go to the assessment day but prepare well. it seems like a very friendly airline to work for, i liked everything we were told about work conditions, life in dubai, staff accomodation etc. hope to see lots of you in dubai!! :)

RubyLee
23rd Oct 2009, 05:33
Hi Nimmi,
yeh i got my uniform letter the very next day. Although i am not sure if this is standard procedure after the final interview or if this means we are one step closer?
I did my interview in Dubai which is perhaps why mine was processed quicker... i would say they would have to have brought your file back to dubai before sending any info which is why it took a week.

As anyone received the uniform letter but not been successful?
Does anyone know if this means our final interviw was successful?
They love to make us wait. lol

RubyLee

nrcrowth
23rd Oct 2009, 11:03
ive been waiting for 6 weeks on tuesday...........
i received uniform standards form - i hope it means we are sucessful.....
ive tried to contact them by email but no response.....

Dubai Bound
23rd Oct 2009, 11:54
monkey_boi- Congrats!! We have the same doj.
I got the call three days ago... Can' t wait

RubyLee
23rd Oct 2009, 12:06
OH congrats Dubai Bound and Monkey_boi.... excellent news - i am so happy for you both!!!

nrcrowth - how long after your interview did you receive the uniform paper work? 6 weeks ahhh i cant wait that long.

nrcrowth
23rd Oct 2009, 12:41
i received the paperwork on 07/10 and had interview on 15/09 so that was 3 weeks!!!!

i dont think anyone else has had to wait as long.....so i have kind of given up hope as the wait has got ridiculous........

Mari
23rd Oct 2009, 13:39
It's unbelieveble! It's one thing that you cannot open or download a lot of stuff, for example the Medical Forms because of Windows Vista! But the Emirates Open Days are invisible as well! I could only see the ODs on my friend's Apple Computer.

Vista blocks so many things for secure operation that it's actually almost impossible to work with it!

sezai1984
23rd Oct 2009, 16:21
Hello there

I am invited to the Sofia on 25th of october.
However not to the pre-liminary
Is there anybody in a situation such as this?
or maybe thats because i am experienced...

samina
23rd Oct 2009, 17:17
hey
can anyone tell me what's the uniform letter about?? do you actually get this before you are told you got chosen??
thanks in advance

Mikejr
23rd Oct 2009, 18:24
I would like to share my ''testimony''. ( See Photo )
Back in 2008, New York City Campaign on an Open Day - in which I got passed by and recruiter did let me go in for an Assessment Day - Faithfully, hoping I'd be invite for the following Assessment day in NYC, I've been sent out to Orlando instead. OKAY. Awesome. However, this long waiting. I mean loooong, when I even was not waiting for an invitation anymore. Don't ask. I finally received THE EMAIL. ( insert chorale of angels singing here)Oh boy, I was overjoyed, joyfully, amusingly. '' I felt like I was of some value'', really. However, I could not open it. There was nobody on earth that could have opened It's email. But here's a thought. OH MY GOD I JUST HAD A BRILLIANT IDEA. I used to use T-Mobile Sidekick LX as a personal phone, ''personal friend'', use for emails, also, internet browser, et cetera which later on I swapped for the Iphone and it works for me, LOL. Anyway, Sidekick eventually reads any kind of email I guess. I opened and here was. An invitation for the Assessment Day. I need. I was tempted to just delete it after the long waiting they made me go through. I'm thankful at this point. After all, it's an empty email and a few files attached to it ( which is Brief Guidelines of Cabin Crew Salary & Allowances updated and a proper invitation for AD ). The ''first'' thing that came to my mind is, It's a scam. They totally wants to destroy my computer now. OKAY. Sidekick is a lot cheaper these days, anyway, lol. Happily I did not delete it and pursued to read of what was in there for a chance. It could have been anything, ''Your updated application has been received and will be considered'' letter, Anything.

PS. It’s really quite long but surprisingly worth it and also this Open day will teach you about (insert whatever your struggle with) so it’s totally okay to wait for this because you are increasing your value to the company.

PPS. Open day 2nd November 2008, NY, NY followed by Assessment day 16th November 2008 NY, NY. The AD (Assessment Day) I've been invited to, has occurred on the 13th December 2008. ''Surprisingly'' enough.

PPPS. In case you’re wondering what happened on the AD. I've been turned down. I was kind of a little surprised I was not still there.

PPPPS. I discovered that I love Sea World Park more than Disney World Park

PPPPPS. Photos always comes to those who waits. LOL, and this is the first thing that popped up:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3828/capture10232009151438.jpg
Awesome
What you think?

FungusAmongUs
24th Oct 2009, 09:34
Hey there sori
i guess all you can do right now is wait...anyways,you said you had been through the final interview..could you please tell us how many questions did they ask and what were they.

thanking you in anticipation.

FungusAmongUs
24th Oct 2009, 09:37
Hey there
I m a fresher and i ve no customer service experience..now,you guys ve been to the interview...had guys like me cleared the first round ie the CV handling round.In other words,i jus want to know whether they are recruiting people with my kind of profile.:rolleyes:.

abigailnoo
24th Oct 2009, 17:44
Can someone please post the EK Open Days in November here? I don't know why, but I can not open the OD part from their website. Neither with Vista nor Window XP. Am I the only one who has this problem?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

kracza
24th Oct 2009, 18:26
abigailnoo---this is what I can see on their website...

The schedule below enlists open days in different regions which you can register for online.
CountryDateTimeVenue
Argentina, Buenos AiresRef No: CC/BB/1359107-Nov-2009 - 08-Nov-200910:00amEscuela De Instruccion Y,
Perfeccionamiento Aeronautico
"Aeronavegantes", Sarmiento
1967 Suite 15, 1st Floor,
Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=E4A25415CEC54600)Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency AERONAVEGANTES

Slovakia, BratislavaRef No: CC/BB/1358614-Nov-200909:00 amVenue to be advised Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=2044F5F5937956B0)

Argentina, Buenos AiresRef No: CC/BB/1359214-Nov-2009 - 15-Nov-200910:00amEscuela De Instruccion Y,
Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=E15BDC27BABB6F7F)Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency AERONAVEGANTES

Italy, MilanRef No: CC/BB/1354714-Nov-200909:00 amMelia Milano
Via Masaccio, 19 - 20149 Milano
Italy Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=86FDD6A2D569DE99)

New Zealand, AucklandRef No: CC/BB/1358521-Nov-200909:00 amVenue to be advised. Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=307A939EADCE95F3)

Australia, SydneyRef No: CC/BB/1354821-Nov-200909:00 amHilton Sydney
488 George Street
Sydney 2000 New South Wales
Australia
Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=9045B79CF1319444)

Mari
24th Oct 2009, 18:46
Ok, I found out the problem!!! You cannot open this page - I mean the info is missing - if you use Internet Explorer!!!

I tried with FireFx: it worked! It also works with Safari.

Open Days for October 2009

CountryDateTimeVenueCanada, VancouverRef No: CC/BB/1345524-Oct-200910:00 am - 3:00 pmSheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel
South Tower
1088 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC

Time: Walk in anytime from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=B3C4DD7BD4787061)Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency Konexions.

France, ParisRef No: CC/BB/1347824-Oct-200909:00 am Hyatt Regency Paris - Charles de Gaulle
351 Avenue du Bois de la Pie
B.P. 42048 - Paris Nord II
95912 Roissy CDG Cedex, France.

Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=030ADC4AE276852E)Brazil, Sao PauloRef No: CC/BB/1348725-Oct-200910:00 amIntercity Ibirapuera
2577 Ibirapuera Ave.,
Moema, SP

Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=1FBDABCBB7FA91CF)Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency FLYRIGHT.
Brazil, Sao PauloRef No: CC/BB/1348829-Oct-20092:00 pmIntercity Ibirapuera
2577 Ibirapuera Ave.,
Moema, SP Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=4841DEC306BA8BBC)Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency FLYRIGHT.

Open Days for November 2009

The schedule below enlists open days in different regions which you can register for online.
CountryDateTimeVenueArgentina, Buenos AiresRef No: CC/BB/1359107-Nov-2009- 08-Nov-200910:00amEscuela De Instruccion Y,
Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=E4A25415CEC54600)Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency AERONAVEGANTES

Slovakia, BratislavaRef No: CC/BB/1358614-Nov-200909:00 amVenue to be advised Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=2044F5F5937956B0)

Argentina, Buenos AiresRef No: CC/BB/1359214-Nov-2009- 15-Nov-200910:00amEscuela De Instruccion Y,
Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=E15BDC27BABB6F7F)Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency AERONAVEGANTES

Italy, MilanRef No: CC/BB/1354714-Nov-200909:00 amMelia Milano
Via Masaccio, 19 - 20149 Milano

New Zealand, AucklandRef No: CC/BB/1358521-Nov-200909:00 amVenue to be advised. Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=307A939EADCE95F3)

Australia, SydneyRef No: CC/BB/1354821-Nov-200909:00 amHilton Sydney
488 George Street
Sydney 2000 New South Wales
Australia
Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=9045B79CF1319444)

abigailnoo
24th Oct 2009, 19:24
Thank you so much for posting the schedules of the OD.
I have tried to open the pages with Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer but it didn't work. I've tried with 3 different computers but it still doesn't work. Anyway, thanks for your help guys...

Do you guys register online in advance before attending the OD? I have been visited the OD with EK two years ago and at that time, we didn't need to register online, just show up directly to the OD. Don't know if they have changed the rule in the meantime?

Thanks.

Mikejr
24th Oct 2009, 20:19
For Open Day, you would want to register your interest.
REGISTER YOUR RESUME AT:
Emirates Recruitment (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/Careersonlineapps/Common/ProfilePage.aspx)

Later on, it will be given a Reference No. upon registration that ''might'' be required on a following event.

Thank you

Mari
24th Oct 2009, 22:44
Yes, Mike is right: "might". It's so confusing...

Anyways, when I went for an Open Day (long time ago!), I just showed up and it was OK. You should be fine this time as well.

According to my friends who attended the Belgrade OD, it wasn't necessery to register, either.

However, I think you need to do a psychology test (and later other stuff) if you make it to the final. In this case, you use that registration number I think, to log on the homepage. I'm actually not sure - other people should know it better. I remember that I needed to do some pre-joiner tests on the EK homepage. (long time ago! It was about Dubai, the EK group, the airline: information which you should learn before joining.) I have no idea if it's still needed, though...

My friend who made it to the final is not from Serbia, so he stayed there for the next day for the FI. He did the tests in the business center of the hotel on the day of the final interview. It was not a problem, the internet was available for the candidates.

OD page: it is so strange!!! The Arabic version of FireFox "sees" the open days on my PC and the Safari on the Apple computer, as well.

Anyways, go, maybe only few people will attend due to this problem. After all, most of Europeans are PC users with Windows and using Internet Explorer!!! Well, and most of the people don't read pprune... Which is good news for you.

(Some guys here couldn't download the Medical Forms with Windows Vista!!! It's good if you have some of your fellow candidates' e-mail address. They might help you later on. When I applied, I had the send the medical forms to a Slovak girl because she never received them and HR never replied to her e-mails. However, I received them twice! I was so nice because I even wrote back that "Sarah" might be missing hers. I never got my contract and my ticket either. I only found out in Vienna that my baggage allowance was 50 kilos (I asked them 3 times - no answer) - I only had a reference number to the ticket which I picked up in Vienna at the EK counter. You can imagine our Feedback Forms about HR: lack of communication was in first place!)

Let the recruiters know that some people (all over the world!) are experiencing difficulties to see the information on the homepage.

Get as much information as possible at the OD!

Make sure that your file is 100% complete! If you go for an OD abroad, take ALL documents with you: certificates in English (I think it has to be in English now), photos, 2 references with e-mail and telephone number (I think written references are not required any mor but they ask for the contact number and e-mail addresses).

Don't be shy, if you are unemployed, ask for ASAP answer! (My friend was called 10 days after the Belgrade OD).

Most of the Medicals can be done by an "Aviation Doctor" (sorry, I don't know the English term), it makes the procedure quick and they give everything in English. The English is a problem in Eastern Europe because some doctors either don't speak English, and/or not willing to sign the forms. If you use google, I'm sure you will find Aviation Doctors in your country in big cities. (Search in your mother tounge or ask airline crew in your country for information. They should know.)

Best of luck!

lroJ
25th Oct 2009, 02:32
Hi all, previously my DOJ was 16 Mar 09 but had been withdrawn, unfortunately. :uhoh: And now i got my new DOJ 23 Nov 09 after i attended reassessment day & completed all the medical check up. ;) Please leave me a message if you are having the same DOJ with me so that we can keep in touch until the day we meet in DXB. :ok:

lucasgarciaa
25th Oct 2009, 03:19
Can anybody send me the EK medicals form please? I just CAN NOT download them with my windows vista. I need them again and my HR coordinator does not seem to get back to me any time soon. Thanks God I found this thread.

Mari
25th Oct 2009, 03:25
Thanks for your first post. Read back all the 10 pages.

You will find some people. Filwa will join the same date. (So, you can hold each other's hands or something... I don't know...)

If you have any relevant questions to ask or problem to solve, feel free to ask.

It would be nice to send the Medicals to Lucas above.

lucasgarciaa
25th Oct 2009, 03:27
Mari.

I just read you sent someone the medicals form. Could you kindly semd them as well? MY PC deleted them.

Thank You

scotsman83
25th Oct 2009, 03:31
Yeah i know i have to be patient...feel abit more at ease knowing im not the only one though and at least i still have a shot :)

Anyway questions i was asked hmmm...you know its dificult to remember all of them cos its like a blur now lol

A time when you've had to contend with an unexpected situation and what did you do?

A time when you've helped a colleague?

A time when you have done something extra for a customer?

A time when you've received what you felt to be unfair criticism?

Can't really think of the rest right now but they always ask you how did you feel? What did you do next? etc
Best thing you can do is tell it like a story...don't be too rehearsed cos will come across as fake, also have a good few examples prepared...most of all relax and take your time when answering :)

FungusAmongUs
25th Oct 2009, 08:14
Thanks for the questions man,could you tell me how many questions did they ask you..

Sori84
25th Oct 2009, 10:45
Hey there,

Not sure if it is much help, but basically the type of questions asked are much the same as those you would find when applying for a graduate position. They want to know the following:

How you deal with conflict

How you work within a team

How you deal with someone that does something differently to you in work

When you have gone out of your way for a customer

etc.

Basically they are looking to see your personality and customer service background, so make sure you have specific examples of a variety of situations because you will need to go into detail.

Also be prepared for someone not looking at you and writing a lot during your interview, so speak clearly and don't be phased by it.

Cool, calm and collected is great, but don't forget to bring your personality!

I hope that this helps, although it may be best to ask someone that has actually made it through, I am still waiting so I may have done poorly in my own interview without knowing it.

stefenkc
25th Oct 2009, 11:14
hi guys anyone would know if EK will be having any AD/OD in Mauritius soon?

FungusAmongUs
25th Oct 2009, 11:51
Hey sori.
Thanks for the help..basically the questions that i m collecting ve been revolving around those same bunch of questions..
Thanks anyways

FungusAmongUs
25th Oct 2009, 12:01
PATIENCE MY FRIEND.....ITS A GOOD VIRTUE
Even i ve been dying to know bout the day when EMIRATES recruitment team lands on my home turf.
The only one who can help us out with our curosity(nevermind the spelling) is the EMIRATES website.
so be optimistic and keep checking their site regularly..
all the best.

Caledonia
25th Oct 2009, 12:07
Hey - anyone else with a new DOJ of 14th December? Flying from Glasgow? PM me! :) so excited.

StewardMan
25th Oct 2009, 12:53
I was yesterday at Paris open day, 350 people show up, the recruiters were soprised as well, there was no opportunity to present myself at all, they have just collected resumes, we neither did not had to reach 212 cm, after that short presentation of company and they send us home.
Only 60 people received call yesterday to come back today , and after first round there is only 30 people now left.
I did not receive call yesterday, and I think it is not fair, i have travel from far away from other country to come to this open day as many people did, prepared myself for months, and they said that because so much people show up, they are sorry but there is no time to give everyone opportunity to go further with interview.
I think emirates should expect so much people in big cities such as Paris, especially after they did not have Open days for months, and they should send more recruiters not just two for 350 people!

For how long after this I will not be able to attend other Open day, is it 6 month?

lucasgarciaa
25th Oct 2009, 13:50
Can anybody send me the EK medicals form please? I just CAN NOT download them with my windows vista. I need them again and my HR coordinator does not seem to get back to me any time soon. Thanks God I found this thread.
ps: it's the 3rd time I'm sendind this post and got no answer. Help me guys! I need to send my medicals ASAP and I just can't get in touch with anybody to send me those forms again. I've tried calling the office or emailing them and NOTHIng. :(:{

flygirl85
25th Oct 2009, 14:48
im sorry about that, maybe try and email the recruiter about the forms? i dont have them yet but as soon as i get them i can email them to you. im also really sorry to hear you didnt even get a chance to introduce yourself properly, normally youd have to wait 6 months but maybe you could email them, explain your situation and ask if you can go to another assessment day sooner? of course youd have to fly to other country again but as you said, i think a lot of people had to do that. dont give up!! if its your dream to fly, youll make it im sure!! best of luck :ok:

Mari
25th Oct 2009, 15:40
So, it went exactly the same like in Serbia. No surprise there.

You need to be young and pretty, have a short, structured CV (with customer service background) and great photos with a beautiful smile. Advantages: spoken languages beside English and working experience abroad.

You also need luck. Don't give up yet, try it after 6 months!

Mari
25th Oct 2009, 15:45
Lucas,

instead of posting your request, find 5-10 people on pprune who recently joined and send them a message directly to their e-mail addresses. Try people who attended the same OD or come from your country. I'm sure someone will help you out if HR doesn't reply.

(I cannot help you because my forms are very old, they use different ones now.)

lucasgarciaa
25th Oct 2009, 15:46
I have a question regarding the medicals:

-Regarding the hemoglobin count: Should I take only a blood test or an urine one as well?

-Another thing: a friend of mine is about to join Qatar Airways ( she has her DOJ already. She leaves within a month) but is willing to try Emirates next week (in fact, it's always been her goal). Would that be a problem? I mean... If they knew she has a DOJ in QA, would they turn her down just because of that? In case she made through the finals, would EK possibly get in touch with her before she leaves to Qatar? ( a month from now).

Thanks Guys.

lucasgarciaa
25th Oct 2009, 16:02
Mari.

IroJ kindly sent me the forms again. I guess those forms are the ones they are currently using because he hasn't even gone to Dubai yet.
Thanks for your concern dear.

by the way, do you know the anwers to my questions above?

IzaSz1983
25th Oct 2009, 16:28
That's not a problem. I have already signed contract for Qatar Airways and after that I got the job with Emirates. I just sent email to QA saying that I can't come and that's it. Anyway, Emirates will not know that she has DoJ with QA. The only thing is that it is really easy to get job for QA -on my open day for QA only 35 people showed up and they took like 15. I have friends who used to work for QA and honesty everything you ready about this company on Internet is true :ugh:

Mari
25th Oct 2009, 16:40
Well, I have had urine and blood test. It's not a big deal. Why not?

Tell your friend not to mention that she was accepted to Qatar. If you didn't sign the contract, you are not an employee yet, so it's none of their business, anyways.

Although, she should tell at the end of the FI that urgent answer is required because she's unemployed and she has an offer from another airline. There's nothing wrong with that.

To gain more time with QR, she should tell that something tragical happened, personal problems and try to delay her DOJ if needed. Unexpected things happen, it won't be the first time that someone has to delay the DOJ.

If she makes it to the final interview, she should wait for the answer from Emirates. If she asks for ASAP reply, they might contact her after 2-3 weeks. Her file should be absolutely complete for the FI to make things quick.

lucasgarciaa
25th Oct 2009, 17:00
I'm considering taking the urine test as well, but am I supposed to send them only the blood test or the urine test as well? They don't mention anything about urine test on the forms, however i've seen someone saying thay they require the urine test.

another question: when it comes to vaccinations, what does exactly "Initial course date" and "Booster date" mean? English is not my native laguage and neither is the doctors therefore they might find some difficulties on that. Are they supposed to write only the dates of the vacicines on the space provided on the vaccination form? I suppose they should do something else as a proof of having given the vaccines (maybe a stamp of the vaccines or something) otherwise people would easily fake those dates and do not take such vaccines if you know what i mean.

and regarding my friend... she has signed the contract already and has got her e-ticket (which means, according to what they said, she cannot delay her travel anymore). Would it cause her any problem? Considering she's not even there yet, i dont think so.

Thanks

flygirl85
25th Oct 2009, 19:12
has she actually signed a contract to QR yet? i would really go ask a lawyer about that or someone who knows for sure. ive heard so many bad things about QR, id much prefer to wait a few weeks or months and work for EK instead but id make sure first that they wont make her re-pay the money for the ticket or anything like that. as a matter of fact if she was my friend id probably talk her out of joining them simply because i have talked to people who worked for them before and none of them liked it. itd be vary of them.

lucasgarciaa
25th Oct 2009, 21:45
What does exactly "Initial course date" and "Booster date" mean? English is not my native laguage and neither is the doctors therefore they might find some difficulties on that. Are they supposed to write only the dates of the vaccines on the space provided on the vaccination form? I suppose they should do something else as a proof of having given the vaccines (maybe a stamp of the vaccines or something) otherwise people would easily fake those dates and do not take such vaccines if you know what I mean.

I'm taking them tomorrow and would really appreciate if someone could help me.
thanks

Young Flyer
26th Oct 2009, 01:48
Hi guys and gals!

I worked in Emirates for 4 years. I really enjoyed it but I needed a break so I left over a year ago! Its a really good airline and the destinations are amazing,even thou sometimes its a rush to see them as most layovers are 24 hrs. Dubai is a great place to live I miss it so much and I see its changed alot in 1 year,the train and all which must be fab. If your going best of luck,it is hard at first (I ws only 21 when I went) and I am so Independant now and a good jusge of character. You learn alot about cultures,religions,accents and languages and my geography is fantastic now! So enjoy it!

ingridvene
26th Oct 2009, 02:16
hello you all!
I've been invited to attend the assessment day that will take place in Sao Paulo on October 31st.
I was wondering what's and AD lika and what exactly do they make you do that day?...
It is supposed to start at 8:30 am sharp and it's known that it will probably take most part of the day...
I'm flying from Santa Cruz - Bolivia since I work there but I was born in Lima - Peru... is anyone flying from Bolivia or Peru? :)

lroJ
26th Oct 2009, 05:28
hi, can anyone advice me what should i bring it over there from KUL? i heard that it's preferably to buy daily disposable contact lens instead of monthly disposable? saline & solution for contacts lens are rather cheaper in KUL? any other things? please share with me & thanks! ;)

stefenkc
26th Oct 2009, 17:19
i've just sent my application online, there is no AD/OD in my country at the moment (Mauritius). There was last year in december, hoping they'll organise another one soon too.

Would anyone know how long it takes for them to reply to the online application?

cheers

Ps Missholly

i certainly understand what you might be feeling over there... very sorry you're having a bad experience and thank you very much for letting us know whats going on..
For my part, and im sure for many of us as well.. getting a job at Emirates is a definite opportunity not to miss. i live in a developing country..and the salary i'd get from emirates is very hard to get here. Plus all the benefits.
So basically, no matter what, good or bad, i'll definitely give it a go!! worst case scenario...fly back home..and go back to where i was..
:)

kenyan85
26th Oct 2009, 18:03
Hi there, you know something - you never miss your water til its gone. I come from Kenya, a third world country by all accounts (but one that has the friendliest people on earth, people that and have great energy) Granted there are not many jobs for everyone, getting something to do and earn a decent salary is a godsend, which is why I'd kill to get a job with EK. Every job has its downside, and good sides. I've heard guys who've worked with EK then quit, lamenting why they did so as they miss the lifestyle and the company as a whole. I think life is what you make it. That much being said, I'm preparing for the NBO AD next month, wish me luck guys :)

sezai1984
26th Oct 2009, 18:11
I would like to inform you about the screening day which was in Sofia 25 th of October.
Iwas invited to the screening day directly.I went to there and was suprised how crowded was it,
there were many people waiting and they just called us to go to the room where they showed us Emirate's videa about life in UAE and the Cabin crew.
After that they wanted us filling in some forms about where we heard about the emirates.. etc.... was nonsense things..
we were 60 people they just seperated us to the 2 group and take the second group out and said the first group to wait.
They they came out and we went in...
They were 2 nice ladies..native english speakers.. never mind.. not important.
They wanted us to sit on chairs which were circle and they said us to ask our friend who s sitting on the right whats the favourite holiday destination and favourite food and then to tell the group.
things just like this.
And they just watched us..I dont know exactly what it is and how they can understand us..if we are suitable people to be cabin crew or not..
then they want us to go out and they took decisions.They called us back to come in room.We sat all.They started to call us by numbers and gave us papers.which was ( thank you for coming) or you are succesfull...
Then I saw thank you in my paper... and started to laugh..
How work is that??? just look and say thanks and bye... or ok you are nice stay...
hahahahah
thats really funny... what can i say.. more..
I never Go places such as this.. never....

ps. I fly in a big airline...although emirates think i cant do that job!!:)

dont waste your time.... neverrr

stefenkc
26th Oct 2009, 18:12
good luck kenyan85.

they havent published any dates for Mauritius yet...
so annoying

hope you get through!!

by the way have you applied online? could tell me how long they took to send you a reply for an interview at their ADs?

stefenkc
26th Oct 2009, 18:25
hey sezai..
haha..i know the feeling...

i sort of went through the same thing with QR..
Its really unfair in certain ways... but this is how they do it..
like i've got lots of experience in the hospitality/customer service field. really thought i'd go through.. but nooo..

well at least you went through the group discussion thing..

What they are actually looking is how you stand out. they notice how you talk to people, how you react to them, your posture, etc.. They try to see if you would represent well the company. During discussion as well, they want to see if you are a team player and accept what other people say.
It is actually as easy as that.
Plus they havent got much time to deal with all the applicants, so there's definitely a bit of luck there..

For my case, I didnt even get to that part which is the most frustrating and you wouldnt know why, when you know you got the necessary qualities and skills for the job!
I know people who got through at their first attempt and they didnt even have prior experience... that was their first ever job!!!
Some other dude applied 6 times to finally get through...
just something to make you wonder a lot...

:):bored:

valensi
26th Oct 2009, 18:37
I don't mean to be rude here, as I'm sure you speak another language I wouldn't have a clue at... but FLUENT English is a BASIC requirement for EK and if you can't express yourself in clear, coherent English then they won't put you through. Obviously I can't judge how you expressed yourself at the AD as I wasn't there, but the point of this is to advise you to NOT take it personally, it can be as simple as just not having the required level of English - which thankfully, is something everyone can improve on (even us lazy take-it-for-granted native speakers!)

For example, I got turned down for Etihad because my Arabic wasn't good enough; and that wasn't even a basic requirement, just what they were looking for at the time.

Don't beat yourselves up people, they see something in each and every one of the candidates they invite to Assessment Days and that is POTENTIAL. If it doesn't get noticed first time then you've got 6 months to work on making it shine.

Now considering a new career as a motivational speaker/ life coach, what do you think hehehe :ok:

Caledonia
26th Oct 2009, 19:19
Hey, is anyone else having problems uploading their Documents for Security onto the Candidate Portal? It's showing as Complete but i've not uploaded, and when I click "browse" nothing pops up for me to attach - and i've just had a reminder to my email saying they're overdue - anyone else having similar problems?? Any Ideas?

RiverPlate
26th Oct 2009, 22:00
Hey I just went to the Final Interview in Mar del Plata on Friday and now I am waiting for the answer coming from Dubai.

The waiting is killer! from 60 people they picked 11 by the end of the day for the interview.
The recruiters were very nice and they said all the requirements were filled and my file was complete, does anybody know how long are they taking to process things and give an answer? she said...FOUR WEEKS! could it be? ( considering my file is complete ).

Anyway hope to see you all in Dubai!

FungusAmongUs
27th Oct 2009, 07:23
Hey there,
They ll only reply once they ve decided the dates for your country,therefore dont expect anything from them untill they ve made up their mind bout the dates.....
And who tells you bout the dates???The website,man......so make the site as your homepage and keep checking it on regular basis..
cheers

Mari
27th Oct 2009, 09:43
Read back: dozens of people wrote about "waiting".

It will be 2-6 weeks.

filwa
27th Oct 2009, 11:57
hello,
just wondering normally how long after completing medicals do they advise you for resignation?right away?? as my DOJ is only couple of weeks away,need notice for current company!

spoke to a coordinator just now,she said after medicals,i have to go through security checks,dose it mean they ring your doctor to confirm?
(i don't think so,just curious) or what security after medicals?

appreciate for any replies !

filwa
27th Oct 2009, 12:08
i had the same problem too.
and just got an email regarding the documents for security is overdue by 6 days !!!

can't upload anything though !

Tamaricica
27th Oct 2009, 13:33
I am nervous..
Pleasee can someone advise me what to do?
This is my 4th week of waiting and I am thinkig to send them an e mail to ask what is going on..
What do you think?Is that good idea?:confused:
I had my final on 5th October..

Maja2U
27th Oct 2009, 16:23
filwa, i was wondering the same thing...
i've sent them my medicals few days ago and now i'm waiting... nothing is happening so far and my DOJ is 26 days away...

they told you they check the medicals?? my god, that takes ages... my doc is on vacation starting from yesterday...i wonder how they'll fix that one...!:uhoh:
that sounds so awful... especially if you did your medicals in 10 different places...like myself.:ouch:

do they really check by calling? if yes, my DOJ is so off the track. first of all 'cause my doctor will be back from vacation in 2-3 weeks.:ugh:

does anyone know anything about the regarding subject??:}