View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VI

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

proud mum
27th Oct 2009, 17:00
Hi Guys , Im new to this so bare with me . My Daughter was one of the lucky ones who got through before the cut off and has now been in Dubai almost 9 months . There are down sides as in any job but with emirates (not many ) jet lag , homesick , but in these last few months she has done and seen more than that few of us can only dream about , the training is intense its hard work but fun she has met and worked with some amazing people , and has many new friends from around the world IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT .She has worked towards this goal since leaving school never giving up and each time she was knocked down she would ger right back up and fight .On a recent layover home I got to watch her walk through the airport proud as a peacock with the biggest smile it was more than money could ever buy she said "well mum the juice was worth the squeeze" i was choked so if you didnt make it never give up keep going try doing things to add to your CV like food hygene ,first aid grooming course ,hava a sense of humour .congrat to all that did make it :) hope you get to meet her 1 day. good luck everyone NEVER GIVE UP

flygirl85
27th Oct 2009, 17:20
what youre describing is just the way a normal assessment day is held i dont know whats so funny about that. 60 people arent that many either, apparently there were 300 in paris. i think it might have simply been the case that your english wasnt good enough, i had trouble understanding what you are trying to say in your post so thats not great when applying for an airline where english is the main language. sorry you didnt make it though but sure you work as a flight attendant already so its not all that tragic. at the london assessment day there were many former or current flight attendants from other airlines and i think none of them made it through.

lucy21
27th Oct 2009, 17:47
I too had the email saying my security check docs were 6 days overdue and I can only upload a photo, not my passport? I may be completely off the track here but as I sent a colour copy of this following my final interview perhaps they now only require the photo? Did you give them the passport copy and photos previously also? The emails appear to be automatically generated so maybe they just sent them to everyone?

Lucy x

PS Nimmi, if you still need the forms PM me and I'll email them to you.

Mikejr
27th Oct 2009, 18:43
proud mum (http://www.pprune.org/members/313261-proud-mum) That's is beautiful. Thank you. You are so talented and creative and just absolutely lovely.

Now, I want to congratulate for those that made it to ''DOJ''. It started back in September and since then, a lot of ''people'' did go through a lot and are going through something, I don't know that. Occasionally, I won't type in all of your nickname and all the work, but you know who you are. Awesome!

adi_boi
27th Oct 2009, 20:26
Hey guys.. did anyone of you go to the CV Drop Off last 16th of October? I haven't received any feedback yet... still looking forward... i'm so anxious now... :ugh:

kimberlee100_0
27th Oct 2009, 21:41
Hi Everyone,

I am too in the same position as you all re security documents and waiting for the clearance to resign. I called them in Dubai as I too need to give notice for my job and I spoke to a very helpful lady there. She told me my medicals are all fine and approved, they are waiting on my security clearance which takes 5-6 working days to come back. The security documents are for your airport clearance and visas etc. As I work for an airline already I didn't think it would take too long as I already have a security clearance, but not the case. She said its different and I should hear soon. She also said if it goes past the date of me needing to resign from my current position, they will just change my DOJ from the 23rd of Nov to a later ground school, so not to worry. I don't think they call your doctor to confirm as they have so many applications a week, they would not get time to do all that especially with the time differences in most countries. I know its frustrating but she assured me not to worry and they can always move my DOJ to a later date. Hope this helps guys

KB :)

Caledonia
27th Oct 2009, 23:36
hey guys - yeah the only thing I can think that the problem with the security docs is that we handed that stuff in on our re-validation and don't need to upload, because it's showing as complete with the tick mark - is it the same with yours? It must just have been an automatically generated email. haha, see at the bottom of the page it says 'you can contact your recruitment co-ordinator on..." and then reels off like 6 different numbers? I've tried calling all of them with not one single answer in the last 2 days. Oh well! Just going to rush on with the meds! What are your dates of joining?? x

RubyLee
28th Oct 2009, 03:18
Hi - does anyone know if emirates actually contacted there references?
if so, how long after the final interview??? and both references or just one?

skyla
28th Oct 2009, 05:32
Hi to all and congrats to those who made it so far :)

Was wondering if anyone has a DOJ beyond 14th Dec since I am thinking that those who said that can join in Jan won't get the call unless they estabilsh new course dates for Jan.

filwa
28th Oct 2009, 06:44
to Maja2U,

they didn't say they will confirm with doctors,i was just wondering IF they would

to kimberlee100_0, thanks for the info !

to Caledonia,
i rang couple of times,amazingly it was quickly answered,or it was transferred to some other extensions but always has someone picks up right away !

one time i emailed them after 16:00 UAE time,and i got the reply in 30 mins!

aboves never happened to me last year when i tried to organise everything with EK ,but now they are very efficent ! haha

if possible,i would recommend to ring/contact IN THE AFTERNOON uae time !
--------------
my update is i got the "advise to resign sms and email today,28OCT,compeleted uploading medicals 27Oct.
--------------
finally !! guys hang in there,you will get yours very soon.

asiana
28th Oct 2009, 07:23
Hi there and congratz to all those who got the EK offer!

I am wondering usually how long after the AD will the final interview take place? Coz I have to plan the trip and book the air tix and stuff for one of the upcoming ADs.

Thanks so much for the info and all the best to those who are waiting for the golden call/email!

zvrky
28th Oct 2009, 11:10
Hi, I need some advice from all of you.

in 2007 i had passed everything with a really simple cv without work experience. but the fi i didnt. they asked all those questions about work but i simple didnt have the answer and examples. how, when i havent been employed.

anyway, in september now in belgrade my cv didnt even came through. and last thay said im a material for them, all of us 8-9 who passed to FI.

im fresh 24 :} now and im at my final year of university of japanese. i also speak slovak, spoke a little german but that doesnt count.
i ve never worked just in my fathers firm of consalting and accounting this summer, but nothing else.

could you give some advice: how can i make my resume better. what should i do? and i dont have a lot and a lot of time because of school, at least not untill next june-september. but at least something small but efficient and effective, do you have some idea for this? please! !!!

what courses should i finish or something to upgrade it a little? and what do you think of getrting that E-diploma cerstificate for cabin crew at Cabin Crew Cabin Crew Jobs Cabin Crew Vacancies Cabin Crew Forum Cabin Crew Careers (http://www.cabincrew.com/)

thank you people very much in advanced. im really concerned.

rox84
28th Oct 2009, 12:18
Hi guys, I went to Sofia Assessment day on 25th oct
This is how it went: we were 69, and the two recruiters Emma and Christie group us in two (I was in the second group).When we enter they split us again in two groups, and we had the group discussion à present the person on your right, favorite destination and favorite food. Then it was another subject put 3 things in a time capsule and then bury it. As I notice that the persons who didn’t look at all the other colleagues from the room while talking, failed the test. If you didn’t had the opportunity to speak during this exercise the recruiters helped you and asked you to say your opinion.
After this elimination, about half left. Then English test, very simple and English is not my native language, basically comprehension. There were 2 text to read and answer the questions, find the synonyms from the text and some signs like ”Stuff only” means a)Anyone can enter; b)Only for stuff; c) Stuff can’t enter; and an essay The most funniest moment or the most embarrassing moment(fill two pages).
Not too many eliminations here. After that, we were split in two and another group discussion à you are W airline and you have 8 first class passengers and you need to down grade 6(you’ll have the names and functions of those pax)./ You have two properties, one in the city and one outside, which one will bring you more money . Those who passed this one made it to the individual interview. After that the psychometrical test 185 questions, 171 related to your personality and 14 to test your IQ.
Final interview just a chat to know more about your personality and how you interact with customers. At the end of the day 15 made it to the final.
Now I’m waiting for my golden call.:E:E:E
Hope this helps and good luck to you all, may all your wishes came true. Just fallow your dreams and be confident, they see if you’re not.:ok:

Maja2U
28th Oct 2009, 14:00
no, they don't check you references. you can be sure of it 100%. :=
i've asked my ex boss yesterday (after i've read your post) did anyone call regarding the subject and he said NO. my re-interview was 1.10. and they called me 12 days later.
hope that helped you!:p

kimberlee, tnx for the post and PM! i'll thank you in person on the plane very soon now... :}
kiss!

Mari
28th Oct 2009, 17:02
Ruby,

take the new job! You can resign without any problem during probation!!! (1-3-6 months: look at your contract.) Companies treat you like **** usually - please, be tough, do not care what they think about you!!! Emirates left hundrends of people waiting for 10-12 months, come on, a company doesn't care about individuals!

If you get the EK job, take it. If you get the private flying position 3 weeks after the Golden Call from EK, do not hesitate to decide on private flying! You can tell Emirates: sorry, personal problems, cannot go this time. Nobody will question you: there are hundreds of applicants waiting.

If you hate private flying, well, you can still try Emirates again 1 year later. They won't ask what happened last time, really.

Don't miss any opportunities and be selfish! There is no point to be honest nowadays - that's my experience. (I worry too much as well but I should change. It's not good for anyone...)

Good luck to you! I'm absolutely sure that you will be all right!!!

FungusAmongUs
28th Oct 2009, 17:10
Hey there rox,
Thanks for sharing your experience,
could you please tell us the questions they asked you in the final interview.

MissOlivia
28th Oct 2009, 18:35
Hi!

I've been thinking about becoming a flight attendant for awhile. I had flown with Emirates on several occasions and it was amazing. I have been doing some research about the recruitment process and was wondering if anyone knows when would be the next OD or AD in the United States. I live Virginia, I understand that Qatar has a OD in New York but what about EK?

And congratulations to those starting at EK :D it seems like all candidates went through quite a bit to get hired!

--Oh, and what format of CV did you guys use? (traditional or modern contemporary) Would someone who is hired help to evaluate mine for me as well? I'll buy dinner if I get to ever go dubai! Thanks!

samina
28th Oct 2009, 19:48
hi guys... im also waiting for the golden call!
can anyone let me know if the medicals have to be done after you get the call and email? let's say if i've just had an x ray or done smear test few weeks/months ago do these count? are do i have to do them again? thanks in advance!

goodflight
28th Oct 2009, 20:17
had the interview in tunis in 25 octobre and waiting for the golden call.does anyone know how long it will take?:ugh:

medial86
28th Oct 2009, 20:32
Is there someone who will be attend on OD for Emirates in Bratislava on 14th NOV? :E

nrcrowth
28th Oct 2009, 21:34
i waited for 7 weeks after having my reassessment interview and received email today.....took them a rather long time to make a decision....uhm wonder if they lost my file or something!
oh well if theyve treated me like this during the recruitment process then god only knows how i would be treated over there!
God bless everyone- everything happens for a reason! over and out! :ok:

RiverPlate
28th Oct 2009, 22:43
Also waiting for the Golden Call.

Had my interview on the 23rd in Mar del Plata...so anxious!
Hope to see you all in Dubai.:ok:

ruukun
29th Oct 2009, 06:48
for those of you who have just gotten the golden call and been given your DOJ, do you know if you are main fleet or a380?

ps congrats! :ok:

Mari
29th Oct 2009, 09:03
Nrcrowth, I'm sorry to hear about the rejection letter.

Yes, things happen for a reason... I'm sure you are very disappointed right now but I know that you will find better opportunities very soon. Good luck with your professional career!

Maja2U
29th Oct 2009, 09:29
it's for A380

proud mum
29th Oct 2009, 11:31
Hi I think you should try getting a part time job dealing with the public or get involved in a youth group (to show you can work in a team and have good leadership skills ),or a charity to get experience in customer service , did you get involved in an activity at school it counts .You say you worked in your fathers firm even if it was answering the phone dealing with day to day enquires it counts also .Try doing a short Fist Aid course ,Food Hygiene , Grooming or Make-up (learning you to take great pride in your appearence all look good on your cv . apply to smaller airlines for experience (not essential ) go back through the forum and read up there are lots of tips , add you have a sense of humour (you will need it in this job ):)have a hobby that makes you stand out and lastly please dont give up x

julia82
29th Oct 2009, 12:55
HEy,
COuld you please write me the date and details od Bratislava Emirates Open day, as I cannot find it anywhere. I would be very grateful.Julia

medial86
29th Oct 2009, 16:42
To Julia82
Firstly you should to register on EK Career, then find the Open Days events list, there are informations about all of the Open Days or Assessment Days. However, there is no more information about Bratislava - only the planned date of event without address where it will be, but they will be add details soon.

I was in Paris last Saturday to attended for Open Day, it was no sense. Open Days lasted only for 3 hours and after that they asked us go home and wait for call. No chance of self-presentation, they only collected our resumes and nothing more. Next day they said that there was to much attendants and they couldn't gave a chance for all of them so they chose only sixty resumes and they are sorry for that. No comments.

Oh, I see they added more details today about OD in Bratislava. Check it.

medial86
29th Oct 2009, 16:53
To nrcrowth
could you tell me how the psychometric test looks like?

apierre09
29th Oct 2009, 18:44
Are you 100 percent sure training is only for the a380? Or is this just word of mouth?

Thanks!

flygirl85
29th Oct 2009, 19:36
oh god i really am so sorry to hear that! i am also still waiting for the call so i might be in your shoes soon. i really thought theyd take pretty much everyone who got through to the final interview. but you know what, if you are good enough to make it through to the final stage with emirates you will probably get the job with any other airline cause it means you must be very well qualified, have you applied to etihad yet? they have 5 assessment days scheduled just now:

France Paris 4th November
Japan Osaka 6th, 7th, 8th November
Lebanon Beirut 6th November
UAE Abu Dhabi TBA

best of luck to you ;)

flygirl85
29th Oct 2009, 19:38
i also heard training is just for the 380 but im not 100% sure. i believe we were told so at the assessment day though

RiverPlate
29th Oct 2009, 21:01
On Argentina's AD they didnt say anything about A380 fleet, they even explained how the bidding system was working and which turnarounds weren't very popular, so I assume they are recruiting for both fleets.

I would really like to join A380 fleet because there are no turnarounds! :}

Still waiting for my "Golden Call"...one week tomorrow.

RubyLee
30th Oct 2009, 02:49
it is def not for 380 - i asked at my final interview. They are rectuiting to replace all the people that left after they gave away the leave without pay and so many crew did not return.

Mari
30th Oct 2009, 12:00
Julia 82,

you don't see the ODs because you use Internet Explorer. It's not your fault, I can't see them either. You need to use FireFox or Safari to open the page without error.

Good luck!

medial86
30th Oct 2009, 12:43
You're right but this web page is so strange, OD you can show only on Safari or FFox, but to fill the form on your account you should to use FFox or IE, becouse Safari has errors there :/

Yvette8610
30th Oct 2009, 16:33
I might attend the OD in Bratislava, but I'm not very sure of it... http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/yeees.gifI'm thinking about this possibility, too..but ...I don't know...:confused: If you make up your mind to attend the OD in Bratislava - good luck !:ok:

Maja2U
31st Oct 2009, 10:48
my recruiters told me it's for A380.
new airplanes (A380) are coming and they're short on cabin crews for that type of aircraft.
the salary is the same but you only fly to 7 destinations+dubai.

petone
31st Oct 2009, 13:15
Hi Guys,

i am going to attend the Bratislava OD, and as someone mentioned here before that all they do is collecting resumes and it takes only about 3 hours,,,is that it for the day? if successful and the call received from them, what type of time are the invitations for the next interviews scheduled for?next day? same week? or just well ahead in the future? I would appreciate ny reply to my post from anyone who has experienced it..

THANKS

flygirl85
31st Oct 2009, 13:26
hi, thanks for the info, do you know what the 7 destinations are? cheers! :)

apierre09
31st Oct 2009, 17:27
When you asked your recruiter, was this in a final interview for the first time, or are you going through the re-approval process after being on hold?
Will you begin your training this year, or next is my question.

Thanks!

Aeromar27
31st Oct 2009, 17:50
Toronto, Bankok, London, Paris, Sydney, Auckland... but rumor has it they will start a turnaround hop soon (I'm guessing Saudi Arabia)

flygirl85
31st Oct 2009, 17:50
nevermind i just found the answer to my own question. its london, sydney, aukland, bangkok, toronto, paris and well - dubai duh - lol i think those are 6 awesome destinations, i would love to fly on the A380. we were also told that technically you can be promoted to flying business or first class within a year! ill let everyone know as soon as i get the call of course, its been 2 weeks :O good luck to everyone else waiting, hope it wont be much longer :ok:

p.s. does it fly to JKF/ NY as well?

atlanticman
31st Oct 2009, 19:07
I heard that the new joiners will be trained for the A380 s fleet which Yes serves those destinations mentioned above,but the a 330 and a 340 airbuses have the same doors so we might fly on them as well to the destinations they serve,howeva...sooner or later the A380 weill become part of the main fleet thye same way as the 777 used to be i think....thats what a freind of mine told me..bt i really dont mind any of them since it s Emirates and it s an aircraft..lol...good luck to all of us!!!!
cheers!

Mari
31st Oct 2009, 21:15
There was a post about the Sofia OD: around 70 people showed up and they started with the group discussions.

However, there were around 250 people in Belgrade, Serbia and hundreds in Paris, France. I think that was the reason for the cv-collection (registration) first and the assessments on the following day. They were holding final interviews for 3 days (!!!) in Belgrade.

I think it depends on how many people will attend in Bratislava. I think it won't be hundreds but it's very hard to guess. Maybe 40, maybe 120, maybe 200...

Prepare for the worst but hope for the best!!!

medial86
31st Oct 2009, 23:42
Hi there, I was in Paris, that's truth, there was a few hundreds people. In my opinion first part of OD was just a lottery. Many good peoples was dismissed, but that's life, we all should to know that when we register online. However, in my opinion in Bratislava should be less people then in Serbia or in France, because in the same day (14NOV) will be OD in Italy and Argentina probably - i'm not sure. But remember, it's only math, reality can be different. Good luck :)

asiana
1st Nov 2009, 03:00
Hi all!

May I know if any of you had not attended any of the EK ODs before, but got an AD invitation when you applied for their AD lately? Thanks!

BTW, EK A380 used fly btw DXB/JFK, but they replaced the route by DXB/YYZ earlier this year.

flygirl85
1st Nov 2009, 12:49
I feel a little bad for those good people who went to paris and didnt even get a chance to introduce themselves properly but the recruiter told us that they have some excellent staff who had to go to 2 or 3 assessment days to make it so if I was one of the people who didnt make it this time I would definitely try again. I know its hard because there arent that many assessment days but I think Emirates is a great airline to work for and I wouldnt give up and keep trying. As a matter of fact, I would probably mention that I have been to an assessment day before but am so fond of Emirates that I want to try again, I think that would leave a good impression. Dont give us guys & keep your chin up.

@asiana: thanks. I was confused because I read a review of someone who flew from Dubai to JFK on the A380 thats why I asked.

zvrky
1st Nov 2009, 21:41
I an also one of the unfortunate. When the OD was in Belgrade. I feel my CV wasn't eve looked at, not that I'm arrogant, but first time I applied I reached the Final Int. So...

Don't give up, it's a mess now, but be persistent. :)

Now, I have a few questions if anyone knows answer to this matters:

- What is Emirates' attitude towards marriage after a while, after some time working for them?
- What kind of policy do they have about a maternity period? Does an employee get paid for this period and how much?

So, if anyone is familiar with this... I wonder, I'm just interested to know every important detail. Not that it would change my mind though. ;) :cool:

medial86
2nd Nov 2009, 01:06
So, you have been in Paris too :)
That's truth that many of CC tried a few times to get this job, so we have to try again :)

where you was located on OD in Paris - I mean which chair - I was at the rear of the room, near to the door. Maybe we know each other ;)

filwa
2nd Nov 2009, 05:34
hello to whoever has this problem,i emailed and they advised me to upload "passport copy" "passport size photo" to "QUICK LINK-->upload doucments-->(documents type)other documents .hope it helps,cheers

Mari
2nd Nov 2009, 15:41
You can get married any time. You can even be hired as a married person.

Pregnancy: you need to stop flying after the EK doctor declares your pregnancy. You will be on "unpaid leave" in the roster. The Maternity Leave is unpaid: no accomodation allowance or basic salary is paid. You can go back online 5 months after the baby's born if you completed the necessery trainings. You can use travel discounts during maternity leave.

Note: Emirates doesn't arrange Residence Visa for your spouse to live in Dubai. If married, company accomodation is not provided, although Living-out Allowance is paid on a monthly basis.

Rules might change, HR provides up-to-date information if needed.

Mikejr
2nd Nov 2009, 16:23
Hey There,

i've been invited for the 31th in Sao Paulo city Assessment day and I made it and I've been turned down, second time. Awesome.

Seriously, I'm thankful.

Despite Rejane Fortes, Marcelo and the other really professional and pretty lady that I can't remember her name right now from Fly Right International Agency, There were 2 extra recruiter female that came from Dubai Offices. I believe, They're really lovely and they looked really professional. Overly Professional.

500 people Applied throughout Ek website conjunct with Fly Right Intl website; ( That's quite a few )only a few selected actually showed up for the Assessment Day in Sao Paulo Hotel.

There are a select people that are being interviewed right now, I believe. Till November the 4th.

I'm looking forward for the next Assessment day, within 6 months. Until next time, remember, I will be writing in as often as I can.

I've heard one time ago that there is someone from Australia that applied ''4 times'' and finally got through. (She writes a blog that is out there. If you'd like to read it, PM me and I will send it to you)
Bold enough, I might appear in the Book of Guinness. LOL

So this question is for you.
What's the longest time ever that someone have not been successful?

Thank you.

flygirl85
2nd Nov 2009, 18:45
@medial: no i wasnt in paris, i was in london. there werent as many people there, thank god, i think it would have been a little intimidating :O

@mari: you really are very well informed, you really seem to know your stuff. are you still waiting on your call too? I am going to email them now and see if they have any news, Ill let you guys know if I find anything out of course

@mikejr: I am almost certain youll make it eventually with an attitude like that, i think its quite professional and impressive how you are handling the situation although it must obviously be a bit disappointing but i think you have the right attitude :ok:

Raoni
2nd Nov 2009, 20:11
Hey mike,
I also attended the São Paulo AD on october 31th. I got my first interview with Rejane on the open day in Rio de Janeiro and got my invitation. We must have cross each other on the lobby of the Hotel, and as I don´t remember any Mike in the first stage of the assessment, I guess you were on group 1 or 2, I was on group four, and got turned down right on the first stage lol. I´m really looking forward to reapply after the six months period as well. that was mY first try but as Rejane said, being selectec among 500 people is already something to cheer. I´m wondering in wich stage you got turned down...
I made very good contacts there, after receiveing THE LETTER rsrsrsrs, we all went down to a bar for some beer and chat a lot, many of them were trying for the 2nd or 3rd time, so I guess thiss is the deal, keep trying, if that´s our goal. But it´s kind of frustrading not having any feedback about the selection, so we can improve our skills for the next time.
Hope we can keep in touch.
And that's for everybody who´s applying, keep trying and keep thinking positively, if your not get through it´s just because it´s not the right time yet.
Good luck to everyone

Mikejr
2nd Nov 2009, 22:42
Thank you. That is quite a feedback. LOL

@flygirl85: Great minds think alike You know. -What you said-. You are really an excellent person, took the time and 'afford' and wrote me a note. I will never forget that!

@Raoni: Hey Raoni, How are you? As for myself, I was selected for ''group 3'' right next to you. I've been turned down right after we got out of the room. For some reason, the MODERATOR does not wants us to give away our full names, but you are being too nice so there you go. Said. Thank you -Awesome-. My name when pronounced sounds like MIKE but it is written Maicon. ''Junior comes along'' Thanks ''MOM''. Mom picked this beautiful name for me. Mikejr is a nickname chosen over Michael or Maicon.

Overall, I took my car with the valley, and went straight forward to my hotel room where I packed my all ''stuffs'' and left Sao Paulo that day -We are winners, an overcomer-. I wanted to go back to the room We were. I really was tempted to go back and talk Recruiter into it so she could give me the job position, but I would have cried if I have ever made a small talk with them afterwards. I was feeling too emotional. After all I'm a human being - Great - But that's a whole other book. LOL. Thank God, I did not. But ''hey'' I am just being honest here. LOL. I would not embarrass myself though and yet because I did not have any other thing going on in my mind, other than ''get over'' and ''run over''. It's fine. It's ok. Everything will be alright. ''Now get out and go back to your job'' One thing, they really tests our minds, emotions and so on in there room. The guy next to me seems to be a set up ''psychiatrist'' hired for the event. I'm so sure of it like I see this keyboard while I type in. I may be going way to far, I don't know but just for the sake of talking, He really does. No I've never been to a psychiatrist offices before. The reason why I say that, It's because he kept talking non-sense. That was not like for example'' Hi, How are you? How old are you? What do you do in your spare time? type of conversation''. Although all this question has been asked from him up front. He would talk me into things that would cause me to react in a good manner, But Hey, this is just the way I am. ''Recruiter asked: Get to know the person next to you'' He said ''I'm a lawyer'' LOL. I thought I've heard ''liar'' coming out of his mouth and after that ''he's got me good'' If he knew that song ''Baby, I got you Baby, Baby, I got you Babe'' He would have singing it. And after that He made me feel a lot of things. Let's not forget that he knew part of my career background which I never told him that. I'm telling you. Oh but if you could just see it. He is good! And I am an Intelligent person.

I could not stop smiling. Sometimes in there, I would smile really hard. and So I guess, for some of them, the right time is just around the corner. ''I dream, one day, fly with EK.''

''Ya know it costs EK over U$77.000 to relocate one single candidate in Dubai?'' said Miss Rejane Fortes smiling brightly. ''that's something to talk about. Seriously.''

Montreal76
2nd Nov 2009, 23:08
The only reason you get trained for the A380 only or the rest of the fleet is because the licensing you get to fly operate as cabin crew limits you to 3 : so Boeing 777 , Airbus 330 , Airbus 340 and then the A380 , The A380 has a complete different cabin configuration and let's not forget 2 floors, which requires a different training. In order for the A380 to join the rest of the fleet under the same licensing would imply that the authorities change the limit to more then 3 types of aircraft or Emirates gets rid of the A340 which they have the least number in all the types.

Good Luck to everyone !

Raoni
3rd Nov 2009, 00:26
I was just wondering... Does anyone knows the age limit for applying for EK?

Mari
3rd Nov 2009, 07:53
Officially, there is no upper age limit at Emirates. However, they won't hire people who are over 33 on the day of the Assessment. (You won't see any balding man or over-weight person either.)

The majority of the new people are 21-25 (60%?), quite a few between 26-29 (35%) but it's very rare that someone is over 30 (5%?) in an ab-initio group (15 people). It happens but it's usually 0-2 people with previous flying experience or very strong customer service background.

That's my impression.

lucasgarciaa
3rd Nov 2009, 08:36
I dont know what to do...

I have a qatar job offer and I am waiting for emirates golden call... i tried to postpone my DOJ with Qatar in order to make sure I receive ek's call (I totally prioritize ek). however my qatar hr corrdinator told me they cannot postpone my DOJ since my e-ticket is already issued and everything and if i wish to join them later they would not be able to purchase any other ticket since i'm flying from a non-qr sector. I'm supposed to join them in 20 days...:{

What do I do? I really want Emirates but i dont wanna spoil my chance with Qatar and then i dont get in Emirates so i end up with nothing. Any advice? Help me guys.

Montreal76
3rd Nov 2009, 11:28
Actually I was Hired at the age of 33, and the oldest person in my Ab Initio was 35 !!! If you look great for your age it does not really matter, compared to 26 year olds who look like 40 from not doing any physical activity, poor eating diet and being die hard smokers...and I'll add that my flat-mate is also 33 and was in my group !

As for the decision to go to Qatar, I know people who quit under 6 months because of the stricter life in Doha compared to Dubai. I can't comment on Qatar as an airline , but I'm pretty sure life is easier with Emirates :)

Good Luck to all !

Mikejr
3rd Nov 2009, 11:49
I totally agree with @Montreal76 and let me tell you. I know him from FB, and I've seem tons of photos. He is really a very nice , tall, good looking person. I'm telling you the truth.

Now, I've seem people after EK and ''during'' EK , let me tell you. Some of them gets very sloppy people. But we have got to be very careful with that.

Thank you

Montreal76
3rd Nov 2009, 11:56
Hey Thanks :)

In deed a lot of people dying to be part of EK and after a few months get very lazy and sloppy thinking this is suppose to be a vacation and not a job !

Good Luck to all !

cotita
3rd Nov 2009, 12:16
I guess that's what happen when you hire very young people.:}

BA ARG
3rd Nov 2009, 12:19
Hi Guys, Anyone with DOJ 23 Nov from Buenos Aires? :suspect:

Montreal76
3rd Nov 2009, 12:26
Nov 23rd ? that's odd, Training usually starts on Sunday (the first day of the week here in Dubai) ... But DOJ usually means the day you leave to join Emirates, and in your case with no direct flights and the planes being full they probably gave you an early start to settle in and rest it will be a long day for you to get to Dubai.

Congrats !

Raoni
3rd Nov 2009, 12:54
@MARI
@Montreal76
thanks for sharing guys, I´ve got a little bit concerned, 'cause I´m not getting any younger LOL.:}

pinkylicious
3rd Nov 2009, 14:51
Hi Guys,

I have been waiting ever since 1st of september to get an invitation from EK for my re-assessment interview and today I got the same email from EK asking to confirm my interest in being reviewed for a position as cabin crew, but this time with a change in the subject line which was: EMIRATES GROUP APPLICATION - MIL.
Im assuming that they wanted a re-confirmation of my interest after waiting two months and that they want to invite me for the upcoming OD in Milan on the 14th of nov because thats what MIL ( Milan ) stands for right?
Should I take it as good news because I seriously got confused as I had previously confirmed my interest!

katchie18
3rd Nov 2009, 15:10
I had my final interview here in Manila last thursday (10/29). They emailed me because my documents werenot complete. I still need 2 casual photos. I gave them 2 causual photos but the interviewer said I need to provide different photos. What are they looking for? Thanks to anyone who can help me on this.

leaviateur
3rd Nov 2009, 15:47
Hola BA ARG!

I'm from Baires too and I wanted to ask you when did you have the Final Interview. This is strange since I had mine on October 20th and I haven't heard anything from EK yet. So how is it that you already have your DOJ?
Anyways, good luck in Dubai and hope to meet you there!

Mari
3rd Nov 2009, 15:47
Full-length, standing not sitting, alone, pretty, no people in the background, no cigarette, no glass in the hand.

lucy21
3rd Nov 2009, 16:05
Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know that I completed my medicals in 10 days (through the UK NHS - very impressive!), submitted the final documents on Sunday and got an email today to advise me to resign, my DOJ is 7th December and my training will begin on 17th December (I think they may have changed things to allow you 10 days to settle in Dubai as everyone I've spoken to has had 10 days exactly from their DOJ to beginning training...maybe I'm mistaken though.) Very excited - anyone else joining at the same time as me?

As for the question on pictures, I had my friend take some pictures of me just messing around with the camera on some cliffs while I was in casual clothes and sent them one head and shoulders shot and one of me standing and they accepted them - hope that's helpful!

Lucy x

By the way don't know if this is a new thing but you get a workbook to complete before you arive in Dubai with information on aviation etc, it has exercises and stuff in and they release this on the portal once you've had notice to resign and you have to learn it before you get there!

Mikejr
3rd Nov 2009, 16:49
@katchie18: Last and foremost. No Bikinis on.

@lucy21: ...Things have really changed. Usually, It happens this way. DOJ 3 Nov. like for example: You have to settle in prior to began training in Dubai that is DOJ 4 Nov. LOL. You are going to make it.

I have a question : :)

Have anyone had trouble contacting or emailing to one of those following elusive e-mail addresses ccdxbconfirm[at]emirates[dot]com; ccjoiners[at]emirates[dot]com; in order for whatever reason?

I keep on emailing and I fail when the subject comes to get a proper practical answer for my proper question!

Thank you for your help.

Montreal76
3rd Nov 2009, 18:22
That's great ! You better concentrate on that workbook, they want to see how good you are with organization ! Did they tell you which fleet you will be flying on ?

Congrats again and good luck to all !

ruukun
4th Nov 2009, 00:07
nimmy,

so you had another day between the OD and the FI? does this mirror the normal experience for EK recruitment in Australia? the sydney OD is 21/11, should we expect an additional AD on the 22nd i wonder....?

Mari
4th Nov 2009, 06:36
Open Days

If hundrends show up on an open day, they MIGHT have
the 1st day only registration (cv drop-off),
the 2nd day is assessment (might be 1-2 days later if they have re-assessments for the people from the holding pool) and
the 3rd, 4th (maybe 5th) day for the final interviews. (The people who arrive from abroad or other cities are usually offered to take the first interview day as accomodation and food costs them a lot of extra money.)

If you have a job, you might have to call sick or take another day off, you don't have a choice.

Everything depends on how many people they want to hire from that particular event. You will see how it goes when you are there. As I read in a previous post, there were only 69 people in Sofia and they started with the group discussions right away. I don't think there is a "special" practice for Australia: everything depends on the number of people.

Prepare a very short (one-page: no time to read novels!), very well-structured cv with a quite big (it draws attention), smiley, charming, energetic photo and excellent full-length photo. That's the key to pass the initial screening.

During the assessment: presentation (grooming, body language, eye-contact) and communication skills are the most important.

On your final interview, you can shine: show how friendly, open-minded, nice, helpful, cheerful, flexible you are. Try to prepare a complete file with all the necessery pictures, contact numbers, passport copy and training/school certificates: it makes your life easier, the process quicker and makes a good impression, shows that you are very well-organized.

These are the qualities they are looking for and you have to show that you have them!

(If you are particularly interested in the Sydney ODs, try to use the SEARCH option above and look for 1-2-3-year-old-posts about ODs in Sydney. There are thousands of posts in Emirates Wannabee topics after all.)

want_to_fly
4th Nov 2009, 08:22
Hi Mari!

I attended the Brisbane OD earlier this year with resumes up to 5 pages and luckily made it right through the end. BUT did not land myself a job at dubai :ugh:

Anyway, as I am preparing to attend the next OD around January onwards, how many pages do you guys think I should have with my resume? 1 page isn't gonna fit everything i have done, including degrees i have completed, languages i speak and work experienced.

and good luck to the people who have just got their DOJ! God be with you always and have fun :ok:

Az

Montreal76
4th Nov 2009, 09:01
Mine was just one page, stating what I want in life, my expectations in a company I look to work for, the last 2 jobs and my degrees. KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid :)

Good Luck to all !

Mari
4th Nov 2009, 09:14
I totally agree with Montreal. Anyways, it's up to you: your cv reflects YOU. It was just my opinion above...

It's amazing that you have a 5-page-cv at the age of 23!!! For what?! You're applying for a cabin crew job, not for a CEO position...

ruukun
4th Nov 2009, 09:17
1 page plus a cover letter? we were always taught that a stand-out cover letter is the key to a good resume. You couldn't fit everything on 1 page including your cover letter. 2 should do though

cheers guys

want_to_fly
4th Nov 2009, 09:26
Well in Australia 4-5 pages resume is regarded as normal if needed to apply for a full time job. Because we were taught in uni that for a full time professional job the resume would need to be detailed. If it's just casual, 2 pages will be ok.

I had a look at everyone's resume that made it to the final interview and it was between 3-5 pages long including cover letter...

But I guess you guys are right, KISS is a good idea :ok:

God bless

Mari
4th Nov 2009, 09:39
Lucy, Montreal and the others!

Please, kindly answer to my question.

As far as I knew, you needed to provide 2 written references. I heard it's not the case any more. When I had the interview in the past, I showed the original referees and handed the copies in and gave the necessery contacts. (I got to know later that my former employers were contacted - in my case.) I didn't care about checking because I was unemployed that time and I always asked for reference letters in English after finishing a contract and leaving.

I heard that nowadays they only need the phone numbers and e-mail addresses from 2 former employers when you fill up your papers before the final interview. Although, they ask for a Letter of Employment if you are currently employed.

My little niece is attending an Emirates OD soon in Eastern-Europe. She just turned 21 and works for Ryanair. (That's all her background and some baby-sitting in England.) She's really worried to ask for a Letter of Employment from her base manager. (You know how Ryanair could be! And it's a small base, he would remember her for sure, maybe he wouldn't even help. I don't know how these things work at that company.)

Is this letter necessery on the final interview or the copy of her ID and Training Certificate could be enough??? I was thinking to advise her to ask for a referee from a purser maybe. (Although, a purser is not the Employer, just a senior.) I told her to give the e-mail and phone number of the Base Manager: HR would only contact him after a successful final interview. (Maybe not even...)

Any advice or idea?! What kind of written references do you have to provide at the final interview nowadays?

Tamaricica
4th Nov 2009, 09:48
Hii everybody,

I am still waiting..
I had my final on 5th of October in Belgrade..
Is there anyone who is waiting like me??:confused:

pri221084
4th Nov 2009, 10:00
Mari,

I had an FI in Melbourne on Oct 15th. I luckily had 4 days between the AD and FI to organise all my paperwork. On the application and joining pack that they gave everyone at the end of the AD there was a section about written references. There was space to write the names/phone numbers of two references and then an example reference letter.

I contacted a former employer to ask for a written reference and took it to my interview. When I handed all my paperwork into the recruiters she gave me my reference letter back. So I don't think any letter is needed in the FI. After that I'm not 100% sure as I'm still waiting for my call/email.

iio78
4th Nov 2009, 10:16
hey mari just id copy is enough

Mari
4th Nov 2009, 10:27
Guys,

thank you so much for the very quick answer!!! I really appreciate it.

All right, that's what we will do. If it's not enough, she will figure out something.

If anyone knows it differently, let me know!

Mikejr
4th Nov 2009, 10:37
I would like to let you know that I have promptly received a proper answer for my proper question at 3:58 this morning coming from Abnel Dcoutho, Recruitment Co-ordinator HR ccdxbconfirm [at] emirates [dot] com.- Awesome -.
Overall, on the inside includes His phone number, fax number and His personal e-mail address which is abnel.dcoutho [at] emirates [dot] com. I googled him. LOL

As for myself, 1 page and half( second page, half ). KISS

Thank you

flygirl85
4th Nov 2009, 15:45
for those who didnt make it through an assessment day, id like to point out that etihad scheduled new assessment days. might be of interest to some of you

sugarkissed
4th Nov 2009, 15:51
I've been reading this forum since January, when I attended the Open Day in Vancouver. I went for a reassessment interview on October 26, and last night at 9:30 pm I got the call! My DOJ is December 14! So excited! Congratulations to everybody else who also got the call, hope to see you in Dubai!!

:)

medial86
4th Nov 2009, 16:02
I heard the Etihad is coming to Frankfurt.
I have my assessment day for Fly Emirates in Paris on NOV 8th:) cross fingers plz :ok:

Mari
4th Nov 2009, 16:26
Pri,

thanks for your answer, as well. It's kind of strange that there was a sample reference letter, then they didn't even require any... Well, whatever...

Some guys who attended in Belgrade told me that only a "Letter of Employment" was needed IF you had a job. If you didn't, they didn't ask for any written references that time, just the contact numbers.

Well, I hope her payslip and the copy of her ID will be enough.

Congratulations to your success!

goodflight
4th Nov 2009, 17:48
Im Waiting Also
I Had My Final In 25 October

sugarkissed
4th Nov 2009, 18:31
I haven't yet recieved the email regarding medicals, but I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning... if anyone could send me them in case Emirates doesn't, it would be greatly appreciated!!

RiverPlate
4th Nov 2009, 18:45
Also waiting for the "Golden Call".

My final interview was on Oct. 23rd...
Killer waiting! :}

medial86
4th Nov 2009, 22:13
Hi again,
what should one bring to an AD for Emirates? Photos, documents, references? Can someone answer me, plz

Raoni
4th Nov 2009, 22:26
@medial86
you should bring to the AD 2 passport size photos in busisness attire, smiling, 2 casual photos any tipe, without cigarrets your hand, no party photos, only you showing full length, a copy of your updated resume.
The final interview should take time one or two day after the AD, so if you´re coming from another city, you should bring original and copies of your passport, professional full length photos standind, looking to the camera, smiling, in busisness attire, and copies and originals of your diplomas/certificates and another 2 casual photos, and reference letters from your previous/current employers, to make the process easier in case you get to the FI.
Good Luck

krewekeyac
5th Nov 2009, 03:39
Hi Guys ! Thought i should share this awesome news with all of you. Just got a call from Emirates and my DOJ will be 14th DEC ! OMG soooooooooooooo excited & happy !!! :ok: Simply made my day.......... Congrats !!! to all who got the call & for those who are waiting for this call or going for the interview stay positive and be yourself !

Have a good one and good luck to all .

Mari
5th Nov 2009, 07:29
VonAeris,

you must use FireFox or Safari as Internet Explorer cannot open the OD page without error. You will see the whole list of open days then!

Question to NOT native English or whoever knows:
Do you know if the highest school certificate must be translated in English or is it OK in original language? (In my time it was OK but I'm not sure what they want nowadays.)

Passport photo:
- does the background of passport photo matter? Does it have to be white or blue?
- does the ladies' hair must be neatly up on the passport photo?

Thanks for the answer in advance.

domainau
5th Nov 2009, 12:08
hey guys, i had an interview with emirates about 3 weeks ago in - made to the final interview.. haven't heard anything as yet.. i know some people have been successful and have a DOJ, hopefully i'll get a call soon!!

medial86
5th Nov 2009, 12:52
To Raoni, vonAeris

Thanks a lot! :) That's so helpful.

To vonAeris

I know there is no information about AD in Paris on 8th NOV, but they sent me an invitation via mail ;)
I was in Paris on 24 OCT (Open Day) and they didn't call me back, there was more then 500 people, but the first part passed only 60 of them (not me). I don't know what is going on, but I booked hotel and tickets and I'm going there on Saturday ;)

medial86
5th Nov 2009, 13:01
To Isabellas

If you want, you can stay in Premier Classe Hotel [near Hyatt] from 7th NOV with me, I paid €148, that is two bedded room, that will be only €74 per person. <- I'm not dangerous ;) LOL

I will come to Paris CDG on Saturday about 0400 PM. Waiting for your answer.

anniepie25
5th Nov 2009, 13:51
I am trying to get into the Candidate Portal to view my employment contract. How do I get to it? I logged myself into the career centre but can't find where to go from there. Help!

joshissmith
5th Nov 2009, 14:14
hey guys.

i just had my blood count done today and i have been diagnosed with thalassemia minor, which is a blood disorder for those who descend from italian people (asia, middle east are affected as well). However my doctor said it by no means prevents me from working as cabin crew member since i'm a thalassemia trait carrier only. However in my cbc it shows slight anaemia, which my doctor said it is normal and has nothing to do with iron deficiency and there's no way to change that.
my question is: has anyone heard of that before and mostly important does anyone know if that would be enough for EK to turn me down even though my doctor said it is ok since i'm dont have the major one? =\
i'm so worried about that. help me guys!

lucy21
5th Nov 2009, 14:16
Is your haemoglobin level less than 10g/dL? If it is Emirates don't accept it if it's over that, you should be fine.

Lucy x

joshissmith
5th Nov 2009, 14:21
yeah it is. it's 13,5...
my question is: should i tell them about that? should i tick "yes" on the med. form where it says "blood disorder" and "specify"?
i'm so afraid of being turned down because of that

leaviateur
5th Nov 2009, 15:20
Hey, I don't think that they'll turn you down cause of your condition. It's not an illness, it's just how your blood is, it's on your genes, and you live with that. As your doctor said, it's not even an Iron deficiency so there's no need to worry... and I'm sure EK doctors know about this condition, so don't panic. You'll be just fine!

Cheers

anniepie25
5th Nov 2009, 15:34
I was wondering if someone could send me their link to the Candidate Portal? I think I was send the link to the Career Centre instead.

sugarkissed
5th Nov 2009, 17:39
I'm also looking for a link to the candidate portal, if anybody has it! Thank you!

shez
6th Nov 2009, 05:31
i had my final interview 05//11/09 from Dubai where i am working.It seems as if my interview was very short as compared to others mine took 30mins only and other 40mins to 45mins what doesnt it mean.Can someone please help.

wanttoflyhigh
6th Nov 2009, 08:03
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I was talking to a Senior Cabin Member working for Emirates and she told me that new recruits, who are hired for the main fleet, will be doing turnarounds only for the first 6 months during probation.

Anyone here heard something similar?

Pls note - this is a rumour and not an official statement made by an Emirates spokesperson.

Mari
6th Nov 2009, 08:42
Shez,

what kind of help do you need?! Relax.

Whattoflyhigh,

this rumour is funny! I never heard such a thing! Why would it be good for anyone?! I think it's not true.

lucy21
6th Nov 2009, 09:09
Hey!

Your haemoglobin level is about the same as mine - approx 13g/dL so you should be fine, if you look at the form it states what is unacceptable - do they mention blood disorders?? They only check your blood so they can see how well you will tolerate flying I think so as long as you're not anaemic you should be ok.

If you didn't declare it and then you got ill (not sure if this is a probability with your condition) then Emirates may refuse to treat you if you don't declare pre-employment...worth thinking about...

Lucy x

rox84
6th Nov 2009, 10:18
At the final interview, the recruiters told me that they are recruiting for A380 now, and as far as I know a flight with A380 is not a turnaround.

flygirl85
6th Nov 2009, 11:28
i believe and hope its just a rumour. do they even have that many turnarounds?! surely new staff would be introduced to all sorts of flights.

we were told that some interviews last about an hour, others only about 30 minutes and it means absolutely nothing so not to worry. our recruiter specifically told us that! mine was only about half an hour long too and i have a good feeling.

shez
6th Nov 2009, 11:36
Thanks guys i am just keeping my fingers crossed coz i really need to work for this company hey .Hope to hear from them soon.

ooo
6th Nov 2009, 11:55
just want to know that for the one who already work in dubai,
the medical and other paper work will be the same or not.

ooo
6th Nov 2009, 12:12
i think it's ok.
for my interview is around 30 min also
and the guy from the same AD also the same 30 min
so just relax.

but waiting for the call is really ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

leaviateur
6th Nov 2009, 12:32
Regarding the A380, in my Assessment the recruiters told us that we MAY be trained for the A380, but they didn't said that for sure, it's just a possibility.

Regarding the interview, in my assesment recruiters also told us what FlyGirl said. They said that some may take an hour, others just half an hour, and it doesn't mean anything. Mine was about half an hour and as FlyGirl, I have a good vibe. Time will tell...

Good luck to everyone who's waiting!

:ok:

(BTW, 3 of the candidates that were with my in the AD, already got the call and are with medicals now... SO anxoius!)

RiverPlate
6th Nov 2009, 12:33
All interviews in Argentina took around 30 min ( due to this, the recruiters even re-scheduled some of the interviews so they could finish earlier ).

The waiting is killer! today it's been two weeks since my FI. Hope I get good news on Sunday.

See you all in DXB!:}

Ceci
6th Nov 2009, 13:18
Hey Guy!

What assessment did you attend to??? I'd been to the assessment hold on 17 Oct and I had my FI on 19 oct.
Are you in the mailing list that German did?
If not, send me your emails addresses and I'll add you to the list

Best,

Ceci

shez
6th Nov 2009, 13:58
Well i think the process is the same because the lady who did my interview told me that when i am successful i have to do the medicals and prepare for No Objection Letter from my company.

@ ooo are you in dubai and when did was your final interview.

ooo
6th Nov 2009, 14:22
my FI was on 21th Oct ,,,,,,,

so still waiting.
some FI on 26oct got call alrady
some on 19 oct still waiting...........

i so..............

just wonder coz i got work permit for visa already ,........
and they ask to copy the visa from my passprot
so just wonder
but if same is ok
but we here do we have to do every thing online

leaviateur
6th Nov 2009, 14:40
Hey Guy!

What assessment did you attend to??? I'd been to the assessment hold on 17 Oct and I had my FI on 19 oct.
Are you in the mailing list that German did?
If not, send me your emails addresses and I'll add you to the list

Best,

Ceci

Hey Ceci, It's Leandro... I'm everywheerre! lol. RiverPlate was in MDQ Assessment hold in the 18th I think. I'll add him to the mailing list!

Do you have any news?

RiverPlate
6th Nov 2009, 14:48
22nd of October :}...

No one has received a call from this AD yet.

Ceci
6th Nov 2009, 17:56
Hey You!
Still nothing... Is freaking killing meee!!! God!
Lea, Pls send me his email addesses.
Kisses!

Mari
6th Nov 2009, 18:29
One of my friends had his final interview 4th October in Belgrade, Serbia.

He didn't receive any news yet. Nothing at all. It's been almost 6 weeks!!!

Although, two girls we know were both called on 15th October, they are both cleared and joining Emirates 23rd November.

joshissmith
6th Nov 2009, 21:56
hey.

for the ones who got to the Final Interview: did you have to take a psychometric test? I mean... I had to take one at the AD, however i was not asked to take another at the FI.. some people were though. Is that a good sign or not? I've been waiting for their call and nothing... =\ i guess i didin't pass since i didn't even take the test.

RiverPlate
6th Nov 2009, 22:04
Nothing to worry about, this test doesn't really determine wether you are gonna pass or not.
On my FI some people took it and some people didnt ( I didnt ). My theory is that on the AD they take the test and if your answers are not really that conclusive ( like answering too many 'in between' ) enough to create your psicologic and intelectual profile , they take another test to prove some things.

I wouldn't worry much about it. Keep thinking positive.

Today is 'arab weekend' so we will probably be hearing from them on Sunday.

ooo
7th Nov 2009, 15:39
after FI ....
every body got Uniform form ?

Mari
7th Nov 2009, 18:02
Is the uniform form something important?!

Don't worry guys, they always let you know if they need something from you!!! My collague had to send new full-length photo, then new casual photos last year after FI.

RiverPlate
7th Nov 2009, 18:48
No forms for me as well.

I remember we filled and signed something regarding uniform and grooming standards, but that's it.

Anxiety!!!!!!:}

medial86
7th Nov 2009, 18:56
Is in Paris someone who is staying in The Premier Classe Hotel near The Hyatt Hotel in Paris Nord 2? Meeting?

Adam

yuvanti
7th Nov 2009, 19:09
I'm going for the open day in Bratislava and then planning to take a train in the same day/evening and go to Prague for Qatar airways open day which takes place a day after. Does anybody has the same plan? If yes, please message me.

Hed0n
7th Nov 2009, 22:05
Anyone applied for Beirut AD? Can you tell me how long it will take to receive the invitation letter as I have to travel from Jordan for this interview and I need to book my flight. I have applied about 20 days ago and didn't receive any news until now.
Thank you for any information or advice.

Mikejr
8th Nov 2009, 03:55
Hi,

@all: I don't know what uniform letter is, I'm sorry, I did not get so far off.

@yuvanti: That is pretty smart of you to do it. I say go for it.

@Hed0n: Sometimes It takes longer then you may think and hope for. If you'd like, then write them a letter. Better off, you can write a letter for Abnel D'Coutho. He is Recruitment Co-ordinator at abnel.dcoutho [at] emirates [dot] com and or ccdxbconfirm [at] emirates [dot] com

The week is here, and decisions will be made to all of you, for some of you might take longer than others for hearing back from it's company, but that does not mean absolutely anything besides of what you will get eventually. Success, joy unspeakable, peace and so on. And I just want to encourage you today, for the sake of talking, you know? LOL

''You have not been successful '' is not the truth about you. Absolutely not the truth. The truth is, you have gotten far and far you will go, if you don't give up. '' You will have a job offer in front of you from being successful in a interview '' If one dreams die, dream another one.

I have gotten myself emotionally involved with it's company and it's hard for me to give up and not only that, I have dreams and I want this work. I guess, I should not talk to you like that. anyway, I'm a sensible guy at most cases, I'm being honest, I can't help it. LOL

Look, What I'm saying is, People come in, People go, Do not let yourself be hardhearted, please.

Mikejr
8th Nov 2009, 04:08
Therefore. I have read this and I'd like to share with you. :)

Successful interview strategies
They have called. You really want this work. Use the following five interview strategies (http://www.canadianliving.com/style/fashion/how_to_dress_for_a_job_interview.php) to make you shine. After it is over, you decide if it is still your great work.

Establish a connection
Put yourself and the interviewer at ease. Build rapport. Start with an icebreaker, such as, "what a fabulous view," or, "I really like your artwork." Act natural.

Two candidates were shortlisted for an engineering position. On paper, Sophie was better qualified. In the interview, she was poised and polished and handled every question skillfully. She never paused to think, however, launching straight into reply mode. Her answers sounded scripted. It was like interviewing a robot. The other candidate, Jim, was less poised. He was nervous, but really wanted the job (http://www.canadianliving.com/life/work/land_your_dream_job.php). He spoke with a lot of "ums" and "ahs," often saying, "Let me think about that for a moment." His answers sounded thoughtful and genuine. The interviewer could see this was someone he would like to work with. Guess who got the job?

Be an expert
Offer advice on an issue the interviewer has not thought of. For example, do the reporting relationships, structure, or scope of the role make sense? Do you have experience to share that shows a different way of thinking about the work? Are there challenges or trends that have not been considered? Offer suggestions generously. Your ideas will show your special qualifications. Sound thoughtful, not "know-it-all" or judgmental.

Be an equal
Speak to the interviewer as if you were a colleague or consultant, without sounding presumptuous. Ask about reporting relationships and where the position would fit in the hierarchy. Ask about challenges facing the organization. This creates an egalitarian exchange between you and the employer and sends the message, "I could be a member of your team." It also is a subtle way of showing your expertise.

Audition the employer
Once you have established that you are an ideal candidate, ask questions about the work environment, organizational culture, and challenges of the role. A useful line of questioning is: "Will I be replacing someone in this position? What happened to the previous incumbent?" If the previous holder of the job was fired, try to find out why.

Also ask questions that address issues that are important to your needs. If you are a lifestyler, for example, ask about flexibility of work hours. If you are a personal developer, ask about money spent on training. You know what you want from an employer, so query items important to you. If they are clearly interested in you, ask for a meeting with future staff or team members.

Know when it is over
Take your cue from the interviewer. They may say, "That is all the questions I have," or look at their watch, or start shuffling their papers. Close by summarizing your special assets. Restate your interest in the work. Ask the interviewer how long they think the decision-making process will be, what the next steps are, and when you will hear back. Ask if it is okay to call them in a few weeks if you have not heard from them. Thank them for their time. Shake hands as you leave.
Thank you

shez
8th Nov 2009, 05:40
FYI

Hie guys have you noticed that the emirates websites (esp for those who stay in Dubai ),there will be no cv drop off until further notice.

Mari
8th Nov 2009, 06:54
That's normal. They used to (2006-7-8) have ODs every 3-4 months in Dubai.

yuvanti
8th Nov 2009, 09:51
I'm a little bit confused about the open day... how long will it take? If I understand correctly, if there are not many people, there is a big chance everything will happen during one day. If there is a lot of people, then the recruiters will invite shortlisted candidates for 2nd day. Is that right? I'm going to Bratislava, I suppose there won't be many people (I heard there were 50 people in the Qatar airways open day, so it might be similar). I'd like to know how to plan things.
Another thing: some people wrote there is a psychological test and some wrote that there is maths test. Are there two test or what does it depend on? :cool:

Mari
8th Nov 2009, 10:11
Test:
186 questions for the personality test.
There is a short IQ test as well. (Not very hard. Numbers, shapes: does it matter?)

You cannot really plan. How?! Although I expect less than 100 people, as well. (My niece is going and I was hired from Bratislava, actually.) But who knows?! Maybe 35 will attend, maybe 135! Maybe 6 people will make it for the final interview, maybe 16.

Let us know how it went!

yuvanti
8th Nov 2009, 10:46
Do you think that less people in the open day means bigger chance?

ooo
8th Nov 2009, 10:50
just want to know how long do we have to wait for the call or e-mail.
after FI
why it's so difference ......... some so fast some so .............

dose it mean anything.
how many people fail after final interview........

Mari
8th Nov 2009, 11:24
You, guys, ask questions like...

Yes, maybe less people is better: you can shine. But it means less people make it to the final interview. (I guess...)

How many failed the FI?! The HR knows, how should anyone know?! Some didn't make if for sure. Why does it matter?! Who cares?! Concentrate on your success and be positive!

hada
8th Nov 2009, 12:24
Hi, I am also coming to Bratislava Open Day. Did you apply for this open day? If yes, did you get already any answer?
Good luck :ok:

hada
8th Nov 2009, 12:29
Anybody else planning to attend Bratislava Open Day????:)

Mari
8th Nov 2009, 16:45
Hada,

is there any particular reason you are expecting some kind of answer for your OD application?!

It's an Open Day: anybody can walk in. (They won't even turn you down, if you don't bother to register.)

I would suggest to READ at least 10 pages in this topic. It might help you to gather some useful information... I guess you registered to find out something or know more before the recruitment process starts.

And yes, other peple are going, as well.

wanttoflyhigh
8th Nov 2009, 18:46
Guys,

I never understood why you complained about the waiting after final interview, but I do now, days feel like weeks...

Anyways, to clarify my previous post regarding the rumour, I have spoken to a recruiter about it, and she told me:

No, there will be no turnarounds only. Also, she said they are hiring for both the A380 and main-fleet. She did say, however, that there will be minor changes for new recruits.

1: The graduation ceremony which is usually held after you finish training, has been changed so that you wont actually be graduating before you end the probation period of 6months.

2: Training is now 7 weeks instead of 6.

Happy waiting to all!

Mikejr
8th Nov 2009, 21:06
It is so great to read of what @wanttoflyhigh had to say, she is better. Although 7 weeks may looks a lot longer than 6 weeks. What is commitment. I kid you not. One time, I've heard someone saying that about item 1 and 2 so that must be truth. It sounds a lot like of what have been spoken.

@Hada: To make a long story short, you are welcome, the door is open for you.

- Awesome -

Related to that, There is the Assessment day (invitation only) which is a stage next to Open day, sort of a progressive thing. You will be fine.

Happy Sunday

yuvanti
9th Nov 2009, 00:51
Mari, on emirates website it says that due to high number of applicants, it neccessary to apply through online application even for the open days. However, nobody seems to receive any kind of confirmation for that. :rolleyes:

Heidi AP
9th Nov 2009, 02:56
Im going for my final interview today... hiks...:}
hope all going well....

shez
9th Nov 2009, 03:15
When i did my FI 05/11/09 the recruiter told me that the training was extended by 1week ,normally it was 5 weeks now its 6weeks because they want the crew to know about how other departments operates.I dont know how far true is it.

FungusAmongUs
9th Nov 2009, 06:53
Hey there,
Best of luck for your final interview....GEt ready to experience "THE WAIT" after you are done with your FI,which is the worst part of the entire thing.There are some candidates who get to hear the good news right after one week and there are those who get to hear after 6 freakin weeks(And most of the people dont get to hear anything at all)....all the best to you.

and dont forget to share the questions that were asked in the final interview..

GO HEIDI....GO!!!:D

hada
9th Nov 2009, 10:46
TO MARI:
Just like yuvanti wrote, on emirates webpage they suggest to apply, because of the fact that too many people might be coming. So based on this information I just asked :confused: THIS IS DISCUSSION, you dont have to act like that!
Thanks for other nice answers. If theres anybody else coming to Bratislava Open Day, just let me know, I would like to make some nice contacts.
Good luck to all us attending BA Open days :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

kanefinest
9th Nov 2009, 11:35
Best of luck Heidi Ap. btw any news when the training is going to start???

Montreal76
9th Nov 2009, 12:21
I've been reading some of you wanting to do medical before even having the golden call or the paper work !!! Bad Idea, its costs money to start with, and why would you put yourself to so much emotional involvement, take a step back and breath !

Final Interviews length is just random, mine lasted 10 minutes, and it could have gone longer if I decided to joke around, as the ladies conducting the interview where quite happy people lol

I was unemployed when I went for the interviews, ended up giving them my old managers email and a printed emailed recommendation !

I don't recommend hiding anything about your medical from EK as they will do extensive medical as well when you get here ! In fact that's a bad habit to hide things, the truth always comes out !

Now ... While waiting for that Golden Call or the day that you meet EK reps for an interview ... Cabin Crew job is fun, you see the world, it's an easy job, how ever, it's still a job, and unfortunately you actually WORK lol It is a very tiring job and at times can suck the life out of you and kill any positive things you had in your mind, if you are not a self motivated person , I would not advise this job. On the other hand, if you are hard working and able to face up more then 100 nationalities with out loosing your mind figuring out what they are talking about to your face : Welcome to Emirates !

Also, when visiting a country for recruitment , there is already a predetermined number of candidates that they plan to hire, as you know EK is a multinational work force, and most flights tend to be singled out by different nationalities, there for I presumed why they might take some time to call ! As every new ab initios most represent that multi nationality theme :)

Good luck to all !

deon85
9th Nov 2009, 12:22
hey i read somewhere here someone was stressing about the oxygen blood test (haemoglobin blood tests) honestly nothing to worry about... they are mainly concerned about other diseases (eg HIV hepatitis etc for visa purposes)

its so great that EK is hiring again.. Looking forward to seeing some new faces around! Im starting my 380 conversion course end of this month with Montreal76... for all the new abenitios at the EK training college in Nov say hi!!! happy to answer any questions.. we know how you all feel! we have all been there

cheers

d

filwa
9th Nov 2009, 15:28
anyone has received an email regarding being selected for A380 like me ??
at the end it said:

If you have any questions that you wish to discuss before then, please do not hesitate to contact us.

dose it mean that i could say NO to A380?

ooo
9th Nov 2009, 15:54
I keep using text speak so my posts keep being deleted

deon85
9th Nov 2009, 21:36
In regards to your question.. you will be able to check up on that when you get here. They are quite helpfull at the training college so dont hesitate to ask...
i was told that some of the new crew will be going straight to 380 and some mainfleet.... however once on 380 i believe you need to be on there for 2 years before going back to mainfleet..

ruukun
9th Nov 2009, 21:58
filwa what did the rest of the email say?

filwa
10th Nov 2009, 00:56
wish everyone who's been waiting for the call all the best and see you soon in dubai.

to deon85
thank you for your info,i am fine with whatever i am assigned,just thinking for other main fleets,you get to fly more destinations and maybe more fun ?? would like to know everyone's opinions !

to ruukun,
this is the email

Dear XXXXXX

Welcome to Emirates Cabin Crew

Congratulations again on being successful in your application to join Emirates Airline.

I am very pleased to confirm that not only have you made it through a stretching recruitment process to join Emirates Cabin Crew, you have furthermore been selected to join our flagship team on the A380!

This is a hugely exciting opportunity to join crew operating the very latest aircraft in the industry, with the very best of products that Emirates have to offer. The A380 truly marks a new era in air travel.

You will join a team of high performing Cabin Crew who have been specially selected from the existing fleet. A380 Cabin Crew operate as a separate unit from the main fleet. Our A380 aircraft currently operatea to 5 destinations: London, Toronto, Sydney, Auckland and Bangkok. When you join the fleet we will also be launching into Seoul and Paris.

We have ordered a total of 58 A380 aircraft, so there will be plenty of exciting destinations to be added over the coming years.

Whilst you will be working specifically on the A380 fleet, all other terms and conditions of your employment remain the same.

If you have any questions that you wish to discuss before then, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely

Cabin Crew Recruitment team

Mikejr
10th Nov 2009, 01:26
@filwa: Congratulations. You made it so far. That is so overjoyed, amusing, amazing...

Now, I'd like to express my contentment here: So here I go:
'''...a total of 58 A380 aircraft''I'm sorry mam? Did you double check? Seriously, Can you repeat that one more time? ( laughing )

''That's pleasing to my ears. The most greatest news I have ever heard in my whole life so far''.

RubyLee
10th Nov 2009, 02:09
WOW being only 380 would be so amazing... it means you wouldnt fly as often and you will have so much free time - as most of your flights are ultra long haul so by law you must have 2 days off before and 2 days off after... haha thats great!!! i wish i could fly 380!!

RiverPlate
10th Nov 2009, 02:15
I want to join A380 fleet as well...

No turnarounds! :}

Still waiting for my golden call...

vespaet3
10th Nov 2009, 02:51
Filwa congratulations! Sounds fabulous. Is that true about having days off before and after a trip? Can a current crew member confirm that?

I'm having the reassessment interview in a week or so, having been on hold since early this year. Wish me luck! Hopefully see you there :)

HCC
10th Nov 2009, 10:22
Did anyone who have been to Paris to Fi on 25 oct got already any answer? Any call or e-mail?
I've been there for FI andI am still waiting.........:ugh:

flygirl85
10th Nov 2009, 10:30
its true that they ordered 58 of them, we were told so as well!! :)

that is such good news, thanks a lot for sharing. gives the ones who are waiting hope. could you tell us when you received the email? i sent my pending paperwork to dubai a week ago, was told id hear from them soon. i would love to join the A380 fleet too, the destinations are great and as they said, more will be added. congratulations!!!

and good luck to you with your interview tomorrow, youll do great :ok:

Montreal76
10th Nov 2009, 10:52
Yes Emirates has ordered 58 A380s that is old news , and it is on the Emirates website as well.

Long haul flight you get 2 days off after the flight. Since you do more long hauls on the A380 you can end up having 5 days off in between 2 long hauls, because you bank in more hours doing 2 of them then 3 or 4 mid haul or turn arounds, you also need 2 days off before the flights. The average hours per month is 80-90 , a Toronto flight banks 28 hours , a Sydney banks 34 hours, do the math, less flying more days off :) But you could also end up doing Bangkok, London and Paris, all twice every month if you don't get to do a long haul.

Good Luck to all !

Maja2U
10th Nov 2009, 11:05
yap, i've heard that too...once you're on 380 you need stay on it for 2 years before changing your status to main fleet.:{
and yes, you've gotten the e-mail 'cause they want you to say NO if you feel like it before you join them so they can switch you into another course.. or i believe so...:}
i wish you all the best. i'm sure it has lots of advantages... new plains, smaller crew...
but...
i'd like to see the world...not just 7 places...:ouch: i'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks that way...
i better go check my e-mail now.
kisses to all of you!

RubyLee
10th Nov 2009, 14:08
i would so much rather only fly to those 7 places hahaha no turnarounds would be like a dream come true.... haha but there is always good and bad in a job and sometimes it is good having turn arounds because you get to go home and sleep in your own bed!!
i was crew for etihad now hoping to get to emirates.. have been waiting 4 weeks now since my FI... ahhhhh why so long?? annoying.

scotsman83
10th Nov 2009, 14:28
Im going crazy!! I had my Final INterview back on the 30th Sep, that will be 6 weeks tommorrow!! So far i know a Kenyan girl got the call 10days after the interview and 3 girls got the unsucessful emails!! I've been going over and over in my head all possibilities of why they are taking so long haha :p Now to make things more difficult i have been offered a great opportunity elsewhere but obviously emirates is my first choice so i don't want to take it then turnaround a week or two later and say im off to emirates!!...what to do!! I called emirates on sunday after emailing them the week before and all they told me was some paperwork is taking longer than others and to keep an eye on my emails...is this a good thing??? lol

cotita
10th Nov 2009, 14:45
I was talking to my friend who is currently flying in Emirates and she said that new routes will be added to the A-380.
Besides, you get more allowance and no turn arounds that can be really tiring!
Look on the bright side...

filwa
10th Nov 2009, 15:46
thanks for everyone's opinions,I get more excited to join A380 as long as there really will be more desitinations as planned ! no turn around and more allowance sound really attractive.

i was put on hold for ages due to recession,i totally could understand how hard it is to wait for just a call or an email,but i have learn to use patient and it's find it very USEFUL ;)

to flygirl85,
i got the A380 email on 8th Nov,and i have another one asking my T-shirt size and hope i would read though the workbook and get familiar with the training info today(10th Nov).

so for my own experience,it's not that they forget about you,just they only contact you when they need to/things are ready.:)

leaviateur
10th Nov 2009, 16:20
Hey Filwa, Congrats for the e-mail! You may be thinking a lot to pick the right decision, A380 or MainFleet.

For me, it's been 4 weeks now, and stilll waiting. 4 candidates on my group got their call and are joinging in Dec. Want the golden call so bad!!!
But luckly I'm very calm and patient now, I know I'll receive the call later or sooner.

Good luck to every1!:ok:

ooo
10th Nov 2009, 17:05
congratulation for 380

yes still waiting for the call or e-mail also
yes I will get the call soon

Montreal76
10th Nov 2009, 17:21
When I went for interviews I was unemployed, then found a job, started working for a week, got the call, and quit ! That's life, you win some you lose some and think about it, the employer would get rid of you if necessary without thinking twice :)

One life to live :)

Good Luck to all !

scotsman83
10th Nov 2009, 20:13
wish it was that easy for me...im already based in dubai so for the employer to get my visa would cost them abit and also they could make it difficult for me if i just quit like that...anyway gotta be positive about things :D

kanefinest
10th Nov 2009, 20:34
Im so worried and im impatient.

ruukun
10th Nov 2009, 21:14
filwa what i'm interested to know as i'm sure you are, is whether "if you have any questions" translates to being able to politely decline the a380 fleet and join main fleet instead.

perhaps not though... :)

ooo
10th Nov 2009, 21:24
so when u followed up with them.
they said, paper work take time. so they called difference?
so mean u know the result already just wait for the paper work.....

so just happy waiting .......

good luck for everybody

Caledonia
11th Nov 2009, 00:02
FAO OOO - What on earth are you talking about?

FAO others - I am currently waiting for my VDRL blood result which seems to be taking FOREVER... NHS are a joke. All my other tests are back and submitted, just this one i'm waiting on! Anyone else having same problems? I just want to get out there now...

Mikejr
11th Nov 2009, 04:17
Gently, for those who likes to watch movies once in a while, here is a hint for you.
From main cast, includes the Beautiful ''Stacey Dash'' ( insert a deep breath in here ). LOL

Here is Wikipedia review, in case you'd like to ''read'': View from the Top - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/View_from_the_Top) - - Awesome -

''Romantic comedy film about a young 'woman' from a small town who sets out to fulfill her dream of becoming a flight attendant. The film was directed by Bruno Barreto''

Totally, that is not about a380, Although, I have seem a Boeing on it.
By the way, you can watch it here at View from the Top (2003) - Stagevu: Your View (http://stagevu.com/video/ombcrawwfvza). Wait till it buffers up. It's worth it, every minute.

Makes me wonder, how it does feels like to be in a certainly situation: ''What must it feels like and no help?
''They are probably so accustom to pain that they are just used to live in with it, they probably don't even know what is like anymore'' - Great -

Thank you for taking the time...

Hed0n
11th Nov 2009, 05:10
Still waiting for the invitation letter as the AD is scheduled in 9 days in Beirut. Is this normal or I should forget about it? :sad:

hada
11th Nov 2009, 06:57
To everyone who was looking at me like silly one because I was waiting for invitation for Open Day (especially to Mari). (Emirates webpage clearly has this information, that you will receive invitation)
Today I received the invitation for Open Day in Bratislava. Still didn't read about anybody else attending? Is there somebody?
Sooooooooo excited :) :)

scotsman83
11th Nov 2009, 09:10
Well finally i've got an answer!! Got an email today that i was unsuccessful...bang goes the idea that if you make the FI your pretty much there...over 5 people out of 12 got rejected in my group.
Im actually feeling ok about it though cos now i can move on. Im already based in Dubai and have been offered a job...maybe these things happen for a reason :)

The only thing that i am bummed about is that i will have to pay for my own tickets and its gonna take me abit longer to travel everywhere i want to lol

Good luck to everyone...always look at the positive outcome from everything :)

flygirl85
11th Nov 2009, 10:20
i have to say good on you for dealing with the news like you do. i think most people would be bitter and angry but you stay positive, thats quite a strong quality to have. i am also still waiting for the call and i will be very very disappointed if i get rejected because i had to travel to a different country and stay in a hotel for 4 nights in order to attend the AD and prepared as well as i possibly could... and as you said, i kinda feel like ive come this far, surely nothing would go wrong now. but obviously a lot of people still get turned after the FI, i am quite shocked and bumbed about that. lucky you to be in dubai already, i wish i could go there tomorrow. you can always re-apply or try etihad or something like that, its really not the end of the world. all the best

p.s. thanks filwa.

and ive seen that movie before, view from the top, its really fun. i almost got a bit sentimental watching the trailer on youtube there lol.

ek_nina
11th Nov 2009, 11:18
what does this mean? APPLICATION UNDER REVIEW. when my friend checked his online application this thing appeared. he had his final interview last Oct 27. Does everybody undergo this status before getting any rejection email or golden call?. Are you guys aware of these status. Coz the other girls who received the golden call had an APPROVAL IN PROGRESS status on their online application.

kanefinest
11th Nov 2009, 11:23
i got nothing like that ek-nina but im still waiting for their call or an email.

ek_nina
11th Nov 2009, 11:26
@kanefinest you mean to say the status is still APPLIED? thanks

ek_nina
11th Nov 2009, 11:33
Good luck to everyone who's joining A380. I have been operating it for a year now and i love it, though the destinations are limited but u get to fly with same people. Good working environment! and nice aircraft though it gets busted most of the time...:{

I get plenty of days off. That's the reason why I moved to A380 after 2.5 years of staying in the main fleet. You get your days off in PACKS. though sometimes you get back to back BKK or LHR.

ooo
11th Nov 2009, 11:34
Really ?
we can check from the web from the status of our application?

5 out of 12 is quite ,,,,,,,,

good luck for all

ek_nina
11th Nov 2009, 11:47
yup i guess you can... check yours and let me know what it says

ooo
11th Nov 2009, 11:53
sorry for my application .......
i just checked but i just realise that i was drop off the CV at the head office, in dubai

but i cant check for the cabin crew this time because i from the CV drop off.

ek_nina
11th Nov 2009, 11:58
im still with emirates

flygirl85
11th Nov 2009, 12:13
would you mind telling us how many days you usually get to stay at the places you fly to? is it usually about 24 hours? thanks!! :)

ek_nina
11th Nov 2009, 12:30
BKK (EK372) - 1 or 2 days
LHR (EK001) 1 day
SYD-AKL (EK412) 1 day SYD - 1 day AKL
YYZ (EK241) 2 or 3 days

JFK (EK201) - 1 or 2 days (currently on the main fleet)

everything depends specially when you get delays.

RUMORS: Rome , Singapore, Paris, Seoul.... actually nobody knows the next destination. But all we know we as a cabin crew are the last people to know it. Funny, but passengers know more better than us, coz if we ask the management... they won't say anything.

SALARY: mmmm... well I guess it's about the same, but the thing is you don't do turnarounds. For me at the end of the day, I can still have fun and do something else. Rather than doing 5 days back to back turnarounds and you're so fed up that you want to kill yourself. Specially when opening your roster and to see 6 Hell turnarounds and you didn't even get the days off you bidor the flight you requested. Well that's my opinion.

leaviateur
11th Nov 2009, 14:07
Good luck to everyone who's joining A380. I have been operating it for a year now and i love it, though the destinations are limited but u get to fly with same people. Good working environment! and nice aircraft though it gets busted most of the time...http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/boohoo.gif

That's my worry about A380... I just dont want to deal with an incident so soon haha. It´s one of the newest a/c, and it's really techy but I just don't trust it. I reather be in the main fleet. And also you can get to know more places than in A380.

I got a question regarding rules in Dubai, Is it bad if I greet a girl/boy with a kiss in the cheek? Here in Argentina everybody salutes each other with a cheek kiss (well is not a kiss actually since your lips don't touch the other person's cheek, but you have to make the "Chuick" sound lol). This is obviously used with friends only.

ek_nina
11th Nov 2009, 14:23
If I were Abintio and ask to choose between main fleet or A380.. I would choose Main.... so I get to see different destinations and experience t/a.... then eventually If you're tired then go for A380... that's what I did. But on safety side... I trust A380 as much as I trust the other fleet... so don't worry.... only minor defects such as trash compactor, interphones once in a while, microwave nothing major :ok:

cheek kiss? no problem... everyone does it in public .... it's their own way of greeting as well.. as long as you don't lipkiss n public

adi_boi
11th Nov 2009, 16:03
Hey everyone, been a while since I was here.. sorry to hear what happened to your application scotsman, but I admire the way you approached it... I went to the CV Drop off day last 22nd of October and also did an online application. After more or less 3 weeks of waiting, I got an email from EK inviting me for the preliminary selection process on Thursday. I dunno what's gonna happen there... hope anyone from you guys can gimme advice...

So to those who went to the CV Drop-off in Dubai in the past weeks, just keep waitin I guess... and just forget what I posted last time regarding their priorities with their applicants (whichever visa-working or visit).. I'm currently working now in Dubai, but still I got the invite from them... so yea, patience really is a virtue.. and we need it when applying with EK... =]

evanova
11th Nov 2009, 16:56
Hi. I got my invitation letter yesterday and will be probably attending to the OD in Bratislava:)

Ama86
12th Nov 2009, 05:00
Hey guys I had my Final reassessment Interview in Brisbane on the 7th of November...the interview only took 30 minutes unlike some other people who took up to an hour. The recruiter didn't ask me when I would be ready to go if I did get offered the Job, she just said I would find out if I made it in 2-4 weeks??? At the original FI at the start of the year I put down that I was ready to leave straight away.. I'm hoping she had a long day and she just forgot or that she’s was just going on what I put down at the start of the year....should I be worried??:rolleyes:

zvrky
12th Nov 2009, 07:46
Well, i have one more question:

according to that statement that family can visit to accomodation, does that refer to and could it be applied to:

- husband or wife too,

- period of probation also

- and perhapse same gender friends ?

thank you, guys.

ek_nina
12th Nov 2009, 08:17
family can come to visit and stay with you in your accommodation for a maximum of 60 days in a year. You have to apply for it and your flatmates has to sign as well.

friends can come and stay with you unlimited provided that they are cabin crew as well with Emirates. just show their ID and login. (regardless of gender)

friends who are not working with Emirates can come and visit you ONLY until 1:00 AM otherwise , security will call your apartment to remind you that your friend needs to go home. (regardless of gender)

ooo
12th Nov 2009, 08:42
before I thought the one they don't want they will let's us know first.
but seem like someone have to follow up and unsuccessful also.

RiverPlate
12th Nov 2009, 12:25
I was wandering if anyone got a 'Golden Call' this week.

Seems to me that they haven't been calling people this week ( at least not in this part of the world ).

Anyone? :}

ooo
12th Nov 2009, 14:15
Before I am ok to wait, cause i thought after FI mostly successful but lot of people still unsuccessful after final interview.

Now feel scared because dont know what the result..

even more scared to follow up.
ahhhhhhh

good luck to all who waiting now

i read from one web
they said that who ever not successful will get the e-mail after 2 weeks ........

is it normally their standard like that......
still

shez
12th Nov 2009, 15:16
Thats what happened to me also and i posted that,pple responded positively that i am feeling good.Same were saying they only took 10minutes and still got the job.

I think there is no need to worry just put everything in God's hands and you will be successuful.Have faith and be patience.

I know the waiting is hard but we have to do that ,there is no option i am also waiting for the call its only one week after my interview but its like a month.

Good lucky to all those waiting:D

chupachup
12th Nov 2009, 16:13
don't worry, they're still calling. they called me on monday, exactly two weeks after my re assessment interview. i believe my training starts jan 07, and as for which fleet i'll be training for, i have no idea.

i'm supposing they're trying to mix up the training groups with different nationalities and that's why some ppl get called sooner than others. so there's no need to lose hope everyone :)

RiverPlate
12th Nov 2009, 16:25
Last time they called somebody around here was on Monday as well, since then nothing...and no rejection e-mails as well.

I believe is what you said , they are organizing all batches for December and January.
I'm not losing hopes, but must say that the waiting is killer!:}

azzmar
12th Nov 2009, 17:26
Hey there

I did my final interview on 13oct, last week 2 of us got the call and this week some of us got the rejection e-mail.

Does anyone have a clue what this means? I haven't received anything yet.. I got almost no hope left. But am I still in the "game" ??

Malta

Dark Avenger
12th Nov 2009, 18:57
Hi everybody. :ok:
I'm new here. ;)
I have an important question to ask you in my first post.
I only have 18 hours to decide.

Few days ago I applied online for Emirates Open Day in Milan that will be next November the 14th.

After applying my CV+Photos+References etc, I've got, from Emirates Recruitment Web site, under "Status" --> "Not Shortlisted".:uhoh:

Now... do you think it will be one more chance for me going to Milan ANYWAY and try?
Or it will be just a waste of money?

Consider this... I have to travel 4.5 hours and spend 150 Euro just for the trip. Restaurants and all will cost to me around 200 euro. More or less. (I have a place to sleep for free)

What do you think?
Do I have to go or the Emirates web site reflect what will be the result of my Open Day in Milan??

Thank You All.. ;)

Mari
12th Nov 2009, 19:50
Zvrky,

about visitors:
Yes, I think it`s max. 60 days a year.
No, it`s not possible during probation. Officially you cannot even go for vacation during that time. (Although they usually offer it but you need your manager`s approval if I remember well... Something to do with the tickets.) After six months you can have visitors.

Your friends from abroad can stay with you as well if they are on Visit Visa. Just mark them as cousin and cousin`s wife, niece, aunt, staff like that on the Visitor`s Request Form. It should be approved by Security. (I never had a problem.

My friends - a girl and a boy - are coming in 2 days from London. I put down their names, I marked the girl as `cousin`s wife` but they don`t even have the same name. It was fine. Last year I was also visited by a couple, same thing. Before that, my friend and her mum came.

Strange thing though, that my friend from Abu Dhabi (same gender) couldn`t stay at my place because she`s on Residence Visa. I had to smuggle her to the building...

It`s good to be nice and friendly to the security guys, though!!! (Some girls don`t even say hello to them... Neither to the bus drivers. I don`t like it, not at all!) I always smile at them, have a nice chat sometimes (if their English is good enough), bring them papers from flights, give them chocolate and tip them after New Year`s and if they leave after 2 years.

Good luck in Dubai!

tiniviel
12th Nov 2009, 19:53
I think you should go on Milan Oped day... its an Open day...everyone can walk in.. Dress nicely, business attire, make a good CV and good luck! :)

Dark Avenger
12th Nov 2009, 20:00
Tiniviel.. I already applied online and I think it will be a waste of money.. they did not shortlisted me..

Are you a EK crew?

tiniviel
12th Nov 2009, 20:05
Soon if I pass my medicals... I will go to Dubai sometimes in february, I dont have final date set yet. I supposed to go last year, but crisis slowed me down, so I went through re-assessment interview and got the golden call for the second time.
Im from Croatia, and went to another country to attend Open day.. I went for the second time for re-assessment interview to another country so that recruiters can see me for 17 minutes.
I didnt think it was waste of money and time... you shouldnt either... if you dont succeed, it will be interesting expirience for you. I think you should go

Mari
12th Nov 2009, 20:07
Dark,

you should go. `Open days are open doors for you.` I know that the text on the homepage is very confusing... and they haven`t changed it for years...

The message could mean that you are not shortlisted for an interview. After all you did not attend an open day yet!!!

Try your luck! It might take another 4-8 months to have an OD in Milan. (They might even stop recruitment for a while. Who knows?! I depends on the aircraft deliveries and delays.)

Go for it! This is your chance!

Dark Avenger
12th Nov 2009, 20:09
I already went to a EK Open Day 8 years ago.. in the meanwhile I spent time working as Cabin Crew (11 years as Cabin Crew) for other 6 company...

So.. based on what my application online say I have been refused.

I just would like to know if there is any relation between the web site and the Open Day.

That should be one. Otherwise why they told me I'm "Not Shortlisted"?

tiniviel
12th Nov 2009, 20:26
I dont know the answear to your question so I cant help you, sorry.
:(

Dark Avenger
12th Nov 2009, 20:29
Maybe.. I'm too old!

Do they have old cabin crew selected during Open Days?

I mean 34 till 38 year old..

ooo
12th Nov 2009, 21:20
you wait for the medical now.
and join in Feb?
why take so long.
Do you ask for ?

Dark Avenger
12th Nov 2009, 22:13
That's what I see in my web page at EK.com:

Job ------Title-----------------Department ----Location ----Posted ----Closing---- Status

001 Open Day
---- Job Ref No: CC/BB/13547 Cabin Crew Italy, Milan 12 Oct '09 14 Nov '09 Not Shortlisted

Amantec
13th Nov 2009, 00:26
@ Dark Avenger,

I believe that you should go for the open day, have your chance.
My problem was the other way round, i applied for the Open Day commenced on the 10th of October in Malta, which i applied for through the website, got an invitation eMail and then they didn't even call me after the screening. This proves that the recruiters at the Open Day and the website have no association.

Go for it and good luck.

vespaet3
13th Nov 2009, 01:36
Hi guys, could those of you who have recently been through the reassessment interview process please tell me, at what stage did you receive the email with the invitation to the online personality questionnaire?

My interview is just over a week away and I haven't received the email invitation yet. The email confirming my interview time says I need to complete the test 3 days before my interview. Should I have received the invitation already, or will it be sent to me only 3 days before the interview?

I have phoned and emailed EK but no response yet.

Thanks

tiniviel
13th Nov 2009, 07:54
Yes... I asked february cause I need to finish university in Croatia. So... I was told from Emirates I got the job, but they dont know correct date yet and that they will call me soon to tell me exact date of joining. They send me mail on same day to conrfirm me same in written. So...I didnt do my medicals yet... Im waiting for Emirates to contact me first, then Ill do them.
:)))

lucy21
13th Nov 2009, 10:19
Hi vespaet3,

You need to complete that questionnaire BEFORE they can interview, when I went to London 2 of the guys there hadn't received the email before they left home and had to go away and complete it and be re-interviewed the next day instead.

Basically you need to chase them like crazy if you haven't received it the day before your interview, mine came through 2 days before my interview so don't panic too much just yet :o)

Hope that helps!

Lucy x

Dark Avenger
13th Nov 2009, 10:32
I'll not go...
Somebody told me they won't take you if you have more then 33 y/o.

So.. good luck everybody :ok:

vespaet3
13th Nov 2009, 20:20
Thanks Lucy,

I will just have to keep calling and emailing!

Dark Avenger
13th Nov 2009, 21:52
Does EK have an email where to address my questions about my two applications who were "not shortlisted"? :confused:
I can't find any.:bored:
Thank's..:ok:

I just want to be sure it is an "age" problem mine.. ;)
So.. I'll not bother them anymore with my CV

apierre09
13th Nov 2009, 23:04
Does anyone know if those selected to train on the new a380 have the option to train on the mainfleet instead?

Mari
14th Nov 2009, 05:55
I would really doubt! There are 2 A380 aircrafts coming in December: new people are needed. I don't think they give you a choice. However, there won't be new 380s till April - delays again and again. So, maybe there will be trainings for the Main Fleet next year.

I'm afraid it's not your decision.

Mari
14th Nov 2009, 07:35
Good Luck To All Candidates In Italy And Slovakia Today!!!

ooo
14th Nov 2009, 15:12
Does Emirates contact our refference ?

flygirl85
14th Nov 2009, 15:24
mari, are you sure more A380's wont come till april? thats really bad news cause the training might not start till later next year then. i had my AD 4 weeks ago and still no news. ive called a few times but just get through to a machine. im really anxious to find out if i got the job and when i can start now, it feels like ive waited for ages...

Mari
14th Nov 2009, 15:41
Nothing is sure in aviation industry!!! Recruitment might stop for a while, though... (I don't mean to be negative, just realistic.)

DUBAI - Emirates is facing delivery delays for some of its Airbus A380s, its chairman said on Wednesday, but added the airline does not plan to cancel any of its order.

Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed al-Maktoum said some deliveries have been delayed by a “short period”, without going into further detail.

“I know there is a bit of delay but I do not have the right number of days or months on that," Sheikh Ahmed said at a press conference ahead of the Dubai Airshow. "It’s just a short period."

Asked whether the airline is looking at scaling back its A380 order as a result of the delays, Sheikh Ahmed said: “We are sticking to the number of 58.”

Emirates, the Arab world’s largest carrier, is Airbus’s biggest customer for the A380 with total order of 58 aircraft. The airline has already taken delivery of five A380.

Sheikh Ahmed’s comments follow remarks made by the airline’s president, Tim Clark, that route expansion plans would be impacted next year due A380 delivery delays.

"Some of our route expansion plans will be impacted due to a further delay in the delivery of A380s,” Clark was quoted as saying by UAE daily Gulf News on Wednesday. He said plans to redeploy Airbus's superjumbo to New York had been pushed back by "at least six months".

Clark said later in the day the delivery setback will impact “one or two” of the 15 A380s the airline was scheduled to receive by June next year.

"We should have had 15 by June 2010 ... we are getting two in December and then the remaining 8 between January and November next year, so one or two are being pushed back,” he told news agency Reuters by telephone.

The A380 has been plagued by delays due to production problems that pushed the plane programme more than two years behind schedule.

Clark said Emirates could buy more aircraft from Airbus and Boeing once the global economy moves out of recession.

"We are looking at it (buying more planes) ... we are making the assessments, but clearly with the growth we have and the profit we made, there is nothing to suggest after the recession we shouldn't move rapidly," he told Reuters.

Emirates posted a 165 percent rise in first half profits earlier this month, driven by lower costs. Revenues, meanwhile, fell 13.5 percent during the period.

Sheikh Ahmed said Emirates expects better revenues in the second half of the year. “It should be a very good year for us," he said.

Nov 11, 2009

---------------
By the way, 150 people attended today in Bratislava. So, cv drop-off. They are waiting for the call now to get invited for the assessment.

shez
14th Nov 2009, 16:04
Guys

I just have a question ,when i was called for the preliminary interview and the final my status on the application (emirates website)was application under review .I check today and it has changed to recommend for final review.Does anyone knows what does it mean.It has been 9 days now after my final interview.

Good lucky to all those waiting.

Dark Avenger
14th Nov 2009, 17:19
Anyone went to Milan Open Day?

I did not.

shez
14th Nov 2009, 18:48
@Abi doi

Yes i did the final interview still waiting for the call .Good lucky to you and just read through this forum it helped a lot for the both the interview wish you all the best.

Mari
15th Nov 2009, 08:24
Anyone made it to the final?!

They seem to be very picky nowadays! My little niece (21) was in Slovakia and she was not called for the assessment... I'm so sad... She's very pretty and lively, speaks fluent English and German, workes abroad (lived in Vienna, Dublin, Düsseldorf) and has some customer service experience - less than 2 years, though, but what can you expect from such a young candidate?!

She said there were around 150 people, some from Hungary, Romania, Check and Poland, even a Korean girl from England! Most of them well prepared and well-groomed, competition was tough. They handed the CVs to the recruiters, had a very quick chat (meaning 1-2 questions, that's all), and their height was checked. She said a lot of the candidates had previous flying experience. (It's not big advantage or disadvantage, I'm just saying. Most of these people were working for low-cost airlines as she mentioned to me.) The recruiters were from the UK.

I can't believe that Emirates gained so much popularity in the last couple of years, even in Eastern-Europe. (Emirates only flies to Moscow, nowhere else in this region, except to Vienna, Austria.) In "my" time, much less people attended in Bratislava, no foreigners beside me and the majority didn't wear business attire and was informed from the press, not the homepage.

I think the first, initial screening is the hardest to pass. You don't really have much chance to "shine"...

tetisheri
15th Nov 2009, 09:11
ı hope they will come to istanbul after greece :ok:

Dark Avenger
15th Nov 2009, 13:02
How many Open Days EK do in one country per year?

Mari
15th Nov 2009, 19:07
I just heard that only 12 people were called back for the assessment in Slovakia. Yes, assessment, not the final interview. They cut the group into half after a 40-minute-group discussion.

That's the gossip I read from a German girl, feel free to confirm or deny - I don't know more details and I'm not sure it's true as it is a shockingly small number.

Any news about the OD in Milan?!

Dark Avenger
15th Nov 2009, 22:50
The Italian's seems to do secretly

They NEVER speak about certain things!!

I can't figure out why! Really.:ugh::ugh:

vespaet3
16th Nov 2009, 03:35
Only 5 made it to the second round of assessments and 4 of those to the final interview from my assessment day. We were told applicants are not competing against each other, rather that if everyone met the criteria they would employ all of us, since they need so many crew.

Dark Avenger
16th Nov 2009, 08:31
Vespa.. do you know their age?

I can't believe 145 persons were out of standard!!:eek:

Whitch is the standard then? Quite interesting question. :*

Thank You BTW ;)

vespaet3
16th Nov 2009, 10:00
Those were the figures from the open day I went to in NZ. I thought it may be interesting to note they don't always take many applicants.

Are you saying 145 were turned away at the first stage of the Bratislava OD? That is a lot. They do say something like only 2% of applicants to flight attendant jobs make it though, so I guess about 10% made it to the next stage?

jaye
16th Nov 2009, 12:07
... They do say something like only 2% of applicants to flight attendant jobs make it though ...

Scary isn't it? Especially since sometimes it seems like two people could go in with more or less the exact same CV and attitude, and one will get through while the other falls at one of the early hurdles.

And I've heard of gorgeous, well experienced CC from airlines such as Virgin or BA being turned down early on while a lot of applicants have no experience in travel, hospitality or anything related, arent 100% sure what the job involves, but get through no problems!

I think a lot of it has to come down to "the likability factor" to use one of Simon Cowells favourite phrases haha.

99heyho
16th Nov 2009, 12:41
only 145 did not make it thru to 2nd round??

Guess most of you havent heard of what it is like for OD in Malaysia and Singapore. Aveage of 600 applicants everytime.

RiverPlate
16th Nov 2009, 13:56
and sometime ago lots of people were saying about waiting for a 'golden call' or writing about receiving it but since last week nobody did.

Has anyone been called from EK last week ( or this one ? ). Because I've been having contact with at least four 'batches' of people who got to the final interview at the same time as I did ( end of October ) and no one has received any calls since last Monday.

Any news from another part of the globe?
Hope they call soon!

RubyLee
16th Nov 2009, 16:13
my final interview was oct 20th and i am still waiting :(
I have read through here and allot of people that are waiting so long to hear back for there answers are unsuccessful people - can anyone else clarify this or is it just random? From what i have read on here, the successful people have been contacted within 2 weeks or so??? any one else have ideas? Did anyone else have there interview around october and have received an answer yet?

RiverPlate
16th Nov 2009, 16:45
There were 3 AD in Argentina in October, from what I know they have contacted 2 out of 12 on the first group, 4 out of 12 on the second and 1 out of 11 on the third group.

Last time they called someone around here was last Monday ( a week ago) but like I said before, no one has said a thing about being called last week here at the forum...so has it been a week without any calls whatsoever? Somehow we are trying to think that EK is re-organizing the training batches for Dec-Jan and that's why they haven't.

Anyway , we are still waiting and have no answer ( not dreadful e-mails nor 'golden calls' ) ...I really hope they call soon.