PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VI

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Mari
17th Feb 2010, 22:02
I SAVED THIS ON MY COMPUTER FROM PPRUNE. YOUR OPEN DAY MIGHT LOOK THE SAME OR DIFFERENT: NO IDEA. THIS ONE WAS IN NY, TWO YEARS AGO.

As I understand, the first day was only CV drop-off due to the big number of applicants. They will call you on your mobile for the assessment (1 or 2 or 3 days), then the interview (1 or 2 days).

What I've experienced about the American colleagues: second language is a plus, living/working abroad (out of the US) long-term is a plus, previous flying experience is great, as well.

To people who asked about Texas and California ODs:

EMIRATES OPEN DAY, NEW YORK, 2008

Hope this helps anyone trying to get through...... It is from my interview last year..... I was lucky enough to get hired with Emirates but don't depend on luck alone, make it happen…

The interviewers worked directly for Emirates (not one of the agencies). Both very attractive and they conducted both the assesment day (not the initial open day) and the final interviews the next two days.

There were 40 people at the assesment invited from the 120 on opening day (every OD is different though). We were split up into three groups and put in 3 different circles. We then were told to find out two things about the person to our left (group 1 and 2....Favorite food and Hobby), ( Group 3... had to find out an embarrasing story about the person to their left and tell everyone) after introducing them to the group. They gave us about ten minutes for this while the two recruiters picked everyone out of the group one by one to do a reach test to make sure you are tall enough. Then we did our introductions and while we went around the circle the recruiters took notes.

I believe they were watching for personality, presentation, skills and comfort of speaking in a group. Also, they gave strict instructions to only talk about the things they instructed us to find out about the person to the left. This was a sign to follow instructions and be short and sweet. Some people talked too much in my opinion since they told us not to go off topic. Then we were asked as a group to decide whether plastic surgery was good or bad and agree as a group. . No side discussions allowed and no voting allowed. Don't disagree with people whatever the topic is that they give you. The subject and resolution of the topic are not very important.

Then we had a break and took a Test:

- Spelling:
the recruiter said the word, repeated it in a sentence and you had to spell it. 10 words in total. Should could not repeat herself so pay attention!

- Math test:
addition, subtraction, multi, dividing. Adding fractions together as well. Not too bad if you paid attention in 8th grade math.

- General comprehension and english grasp skills:
The recruiter will read a short sentence or paragraph then you chose an answer.

Example: Matt loves carrots but hates tomatoes even though my dad loves them.
A. Matt loves tomatoes
B matts dad loves carrots
C matts dad loves tomatoes
D My dad loves tomatoes
Answer: D

Then she told a short story and you answer multiple choice questions afterwards. Important!!! Pay attention and take notes if you can write fast cause it's a lot to remember. Or just pay attention to details

- Logical reasoning test
Example: What should come next in this sequence? Imagine arrows for up down left right cause I can't type them.
Up, Right, Down, Left
Answer: Up

- Basic info questions
1. Who is the president of the United States?
Many wrote Obama. They told me afterward. It's Bush, come on people!(this is from 2008)
2. How many sides are on a triange?
3. How many days are in March?

- Essay
Pick one of two topics and write a 200 word essay.
The topics were:
1. Who would you consider a leader and why(famous)
2. What are the most important qualities for a great cabin crew?

I chose the second one and went into details. I was very prepared for this one. Make sure you are as well.

After the test, we had a break then came back and they gave us each letters with our reference number (given to you in the beginning of the day) saying unfortunately you did not..., or congrats you made it to the next stage. Out of the 40 only 15 of us made it.

Then we were split up into two groups like before and asked to come up with a comedy show. Everyone has to agree, no voting. Come up with a name for the Comedy, main actors, plotline, and they gave us ten minutes. The main thing you want be aware of that you don't speak too much or not at all. Same with the first group discussion mentioned earlier. If you do speak a lot, ask others what they think and don't get into any arguments and try not to disagree with people. Rather come up with a solution you both agree on. It does not matter what the topic is. That doesn't make any difference. They take notes and see how you work with people and listen to people. Again though, just my opinion of what they were looking at while observing.

Then we all were called back in and they gave us all final interviews!

The final interview was easy for me and others as well. They ask you questions like:
- When have you provided excellent customer service?
- When have you had an altercation with a colleaugue? How did you resolve this?
- When have you resolved a problem with a customer?
- When have you gone out of your way for a customer?

Apparently some people had to take some kind of test after the interview and others didn't. I did not take it. I met some people online that work for Emirates and some had to take that test and others didn't. So I don't think it means you will get the job or not. It might just test some other skills if they are not sure about you but i am just guessing.

Men to women ratio: out of the 40 there were 5 guys.
Then out of the 15 on the last cut there were 3 guys, including me, and 12 girls.

Don't sweat what you heard about what percentage of guys they take. If they like your look, personality and experience they will most likely hire you. At least that's what I think.

vespaet3
17th Feb 2010, 22:55
Hi there, in answer to your questions:

1. 29 is not too old! (I've just been hired at 28) and I know there have been crew over 30 that joined recently)

2. Maybe it would be best to either change your name back or take your marriage certificate as proof of your name change. Not sure if this has to be validated somehow. I need to know about that too, as I 'm married.

:) vespaet3

vespaet3
17th Feb 2010, 22:58
Hi everyone,

Can anybody tell me if the mainfleet EK crew who fly from Sydney into Christchurch, New Zealand stay overnight here, or if it is a turnaround?

Any info greatly appreciated!

Mochila
18th Feb 2010, 03:16
Hello,

My husband is trying to do his medical exams at the moment. He is Tunisian and I know that every country has different health care systems. We are still trying to get a general idea of how much this will cost. Are there any Tunisians that have been through the medical exam? How much did it end up costing? If it's not too invasive would anyone like to share what they paid for their medical exams in their home countries?

Thanks,
Mochila

mimi_fly
18th Feb 2010, 06:02
I am waiting for the golden call exactly 8 days now since my FI. I have an online application with emirates, but i think i got called for the assessment through OD here in Dubai. I didn't received the invite on my account with emirates group careers just on my email. And my status there is not change, it is still said applied.. i wonder if there will come a time that i cant access my account as others does?,,.... maybe not?...waah im just going crazy bout getting the golden call... i want it badly..I pray that God give me patience and strength in this loooong wait for the golden call.

Chatnoir - i think you will get called soon,... praying for you and all of us whos waiting...hope we will get it soon..

mimi_fly
18th Feb 2010, 08:15
oh my oh my!!!!!!!!!!!got the call just now.. waaaahhh!! im sooooooooooooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone please help me.. i dont know how to get to the candidate portal.. the link just wont direct me...please,,,

shiny_aviators
18th Feb 2010, 11:57
Hey people,

Just want to hear from people who have made it all the way through :)

I am waiting for my golden call from emirates, I feel good about everything however I have one concern regarding an operation I had two years ago..even though it was minor operation involving a vein in upper leg..wont go into details...lol....im worried they may decline my application because of it..

The other option may be to just say no i have never had an operation or surgery....but do they check your bodies for scars? lol

any ideas from those in the know?

Thanks!!

chanty08
18th Feb 2010, 12:09
Hi all, i have applied for an AD in Ghana on the 5th March. i checked my status yesterday and it still read applied. i have tried logging in the whole of today but i can't, is that a bad sign? i attended an AD in september 2008 and got to the FI but got the regret letter 2weeks after. do i still have a chance to work for EK?

Mari
18th Feb 2010, 13:54
Dear Shiny,

wait for your Medical forms. If nobody asks you about it, it's not important. (I don't know what kind of operation it was.) If there is a question about it: tick yes. It doesn't seem to be very serious... Forget about it.

They won't search you for scars, don't worry. Anyways, it can be a scar from your childhood or any accident, right?

However, if it's a problem which keeps coming back, it might affect your insurance. Example: my friend had something with her spine (or what, I don't even know these words in English) and she is NOT covered for back problems by Emirates! She did 5 years with the company, though and recently had a baby, so nothing really serious. As you can see, you can survive here if you are careful and take care of yourself.

- People who are on industrial injury every month for 5-10 days - I'm not kidding - are careless and has ONE problem which keeps coming back. (Usually back problem.) After 3 cases, the company will investigate what the heck is wrong with you of course. Can you blame them?! If you cannot do this job, you cannot do this job: end of story. -

As far as nobody wants details about this particular operation, keep silent. If it's a health condition, there might be a question about it in the forms. The forms clearly state what is acceptable and what is not. Wait for your Golden Call first and start being worried about this particular matter later.

I know that the insurance covers the operation for veins. (I don't know the right word, again, sorry.) I know a guy who already had 2 operations, unfortunately. (Poor boy. It's in the family, there is not much you can do about it.) He's considering quiting now after 5 years of flying.

Hopefully, you will be fine.

betheresoon
18th Feb 2010, 15:09
I got invitation for Ghana AD yesterday morning. application statues are under review.

chanty08
18th Feb 2010, 19:26
that's nice to hear. i'm still waiting for mine but this time i'm more relaxed because of the experience i had in 2008. was devastated when i got the regret letter so i'm holding on now.

Chessnut
18th Feb 2010, 23:24
hey, got through to my final interview sometime last week :) i so want this!! now for the long wait....

Zara03
18th Feb 2010, 23:41
Once you finish your final interview and your application gets sent over to Dubai, who are the people who look at your application in Dubai is it the interviewers or other people from the Dubai HR team? Just curious as im waiting for the call...

Chessnut
18th Feb 2010, 23:46
that is what i was wondering too, is it also mostly down to appearance?

Pealore
19th Feb 2010, 00:02
hey everyone,
will the fact that i have asthma be a problem????? i want to apply but am scared they wont consider me because i have asthma, though it isnt serious. what do you think??? can i still apply?????

thanks people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dream_to_fly
19th Feb 2010, 01:13
Hi guys!

I will be attending OD in KL and is anyone here attending? The preliminary selection is done in conjunction with SASS Atlantic and when I looked at SASS's website, it says females to attend only and if males attend it's only a CV submission. Because earlier in the week it didn't say the SASS Atlantic recruiters will be there and it just recently popped up. And I seem to be quite annoyed because I kinda flew all the way from Australia to attend this OD (and of course to celebrate chinese new year with family) to only find out for males in particular it's only a CV submission :bored:

Does anyone know if SASS will make an exception if you travel all the way to attend OD's?

Any insight and tips would be greatly appreciated thanks

God bless

:ok:

Swissy_chica
19th Feb 2010, 05:27
Hi Dream_to_Fly,

Since KL is rather near Manila, Philippines, you may want to fly in and under go the EK pre-screening conducted by IPAMS agency. They do accept male applicants. The pre-screening dates are as follows:

Feb15-19, Feb 22-26
Mar 3-5, Mar 8-12

I hope this information helps.

jordan51
19th Feb 2010, 06:08
Thanks so much Mari!!!! That was extremely helpful as i had never come across that post!!! My OD in California is fast approaching IM SO ANXIOUS!!!! Everyone wish me luck :)
And if anyone out there is going let me know!!! it would be nice to know someone!!!

Col88
19th Feb 2010, 07:00
Hey,

Im planning on attending the OD in perth soon, just one quick question, do you recommend a Cover letter with your CV??

Many thanks and congrats to those who have recently got their golden call

Mari
19th Feb 2010, 17:40
ASTHMA

Acceptable:
Well controlled asthma

Unacceptable:
Any acute disability of the lungs or any active disease of the structure of the lungs, chest or lung cavities

(Source: Emirates Summary of Medical Exams)

You should expect further examinations in Dubai but don't you worry about that yet. It's normal that they examine you. If your condition is not serious, you will be fine.

Mari
19th Feb 2010, 17:47
COVER LETTER

Cover letter is not a requirement if you attend the OD. (Although you can write one if you want. Why not?)

They will quickly screen your CV, so I would recommend to keep it short: one page is more than enough.

You can right your "objective" on the top if you want. You will be asked why you applied (your motivation) when you hand in your CV or during the 1-minute-interview after the height test.

During the initial screening they consider your age, your professional background and spoken languages. There is no time to read a novels...

Mari
19th Feb 2010, 19:17
What??????

That must have been a joke or a misunderstanding...

I wore my very same navy blue suit during the assessment, on the final interview and on the photo. Same shirt, as well. I made it...

F.A. again
19th Feb 2010, 19:59
Yea, Celina, don't you worry! I wore the same suit on AD and FI as well....(different shirt though)...and got the golden call....so? :)

Well....now that we are talking about dressing:
What to wear in Dubai? (whilst on training...and/or apart from the training...)
When will we get the uniforms?

Anybody lucky enough to know the answers yet? :)

Mari
19th Feb 2010, 21:55
You will get a lovely red polo shirt for the duration of the training. (Don't ask how many: no idea.) You need black pants and black shoes. It's quite cold in the training college: you will need the jacket, as well.

You'll receive your uniform at the end of the training.

mimi_fly
20th Feb 2010, 05:59
yep.. was still amazed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my DOJ april 1st.. got 1 month to do evrything....waah cant download the medical form... i want to start it as soon as possible...but i cant download it. ggrrrrr.. anyway.. thank you F.A. again... muah

F.A. again
20th Feb 2010, 07:42
Mari, thank you for the info!:ok:

Mimi fly, don't worry just call them! They will send you an email with the med.form attached! I know...i couldn't download it either...

I'm coming on the 12th of april...see you then...;)

Taj 23
20th Feb 2010, 09:13
Hi Guys, Im new to this blog but I'd like to thank everyone for the amazing amount of useful info that I was able to find here!! :)
Now I attended to Sydney's OD on the 30th of January 2010, made it to the final interview which I think I went pretty well too! 10 days later I received a email with some info regarding to the Grooming standards and stuff which I completed and sent to them , On the 16th of Feb I had a missed call on my phone which was from Emirates, this person left me a message and a phone number for me to call back and I have tried several times and can only get thru to this Lady's messagebank.
I left 2 messages but haven't heard back yet! has anyone had the same problem?? what does that mean? should I email them? how does it normally work, do they call you to tell you that you've been unsusecsful or they email you?
Thanks in advance
Keep up the great work!!
Lots of love
T

Claire88
20th Feb 2010, 09:34
HI Taj 23,

I missed a call from Emirates aswell on a Sunday and I finally got back through to them on the Tuesday, just keep trying and you will get through! I found I go throuigh to them both times at around 2:00pm Dubai time.

They don't normally call to say you're unsuccessful so chances are you're through!!

I hope you manage to get hold of them soon.... just remember it's the weekend on friday's and saturday's so try again tomorrow!

LuciR
20th Feb 2010, 10:56
Hi all,

I attended OD in Prague today. There were around 150 people. Even the recruiters (2 very sweet ladies) were suprised with such high turn out, because as they said on last OD in Prague there were only 20 people...So due to this high number of applicants they only did short introduction about Emirates, we watched some videos and then dropped off our CVs. Those who will pass through the initial screening will be called back during the afternoon to attend AD tomorrow.

So now I am waiting...wish me luck, please!

zvrky
20th Feb 2010, 15:35
I came home an hour ago...

Today was Total Mad House in belgrade!!!

I've managed to drop my cv around 3 pm, and there was still lots of people. I got ref. no. 427 and believe me, today about 500 people had showed up!

I don't know what to say but it was unbelievable and crazy. The recruiters were nervous, not to mention us!

I just can not believe what a crowd!

I think they are finishing with the process about now...

:bored::bored::bored::bored::bored:

There was no real presentation, nothing... just every man for himself .

Don't know what to say... ...:eek:

Mari
20th Feb 2010, 15:47
My God... It was "only" around 300 in November...

Listen, if they don't call you back, go for the OD in Budapest, Hungary, on 27th. There were never more than 30 people. (It might be more this time because Emirates is better known but still...)

Anybody has info about the Vienna OD? (Not many people used to shop up, I'm curious how it went now.)

zvrky
20th Feb 2010, 16:20
really?! And what was the last time they were in Budapest??

It's 3-4 hours drive by car from my place. So if the situation is like that, i might give it shot. Even if there wolud show up 150 or 200 it's better than this.

p.s. If there wasn't and more than 500 today...

I'm still recovering from the impression and that picture and fact. :} :ugh:

F.A. again
20th Feb 2010, 16:41
If you (or anyone else) would go to Budapest on the 27th, tell us how it went!!
I'm from Hungary....can't wait to know how many hungarian would be interested about this job this year!
Thanks and good luck!

jazzyana
20th Feb 2010, 16:50
450 people in Belgrade......my goooooooood........I don't feel anything, my legs, my whole body is in stress :eek::sad::( ........

Went there around 8 AM, came back home around 6 PM....:suspect:
I just dropped CV and praise the Lord! Alleluia :ok:

Mari
20th Feb 2010, 16:50
I know. Some Hungarians went to Belgrade last time, two of them actually made it and they already fly on the A380.

The last OD was in December 2007. Before that: every 3 years, maybe... They never went very often to Hungary. (I was very very surprised to see this OD, indeed!)

Emirates used to go to Vienna, Austria once a year and 3 times a year to Bratislava, Slovakia. These ODs are not that crowded, either.

Belgrade is ALWAYS madhouse! I wouldn't even try...

Honestly, I don't really expect more than 50 people in Budapest. (I would be surprised if 100 people showed up.) I'm sure that Slovaks went to Vienna today. There are plenty of ODs in the region: I wouldn't expect many people from the neighbour countries.

It's worth to try!!! It's going to be in the city center, in the WestEnd Hilton, nice area. (Do not mix it up with the Hilton on the hill!!!) You can park your car in the Mall, it's connected to the hotel. You will find a cheap hostel in the area if you don't want to go home afterwards. (If it's less than 80 people, it will surely be an assessment the same day, interview the next day.)

Bare in mind: there is NO euro yet, you need to have forints to pay! (You can change in the mall or on the way, it's up to you. Pack some lunch and chocolate just in case.)

I'm really crossing my fingers for you, I know you tried it before. Unfortunately, competition is crazy in your country...

jazzyana
20th Feb 2010, 17:20
Zvrki I'm sure you do, you saw that mad house over there! :)

But you guy's mentioned OD in Budapest up there, but that's only seven days from now, and i thought, what about Ljubljana? Does anybody knows how are things going over there? OD is on 27th march so there is enough time to scrub some money for the rode and stuff...

LuciR
20th Feb 2010, 17:30
Guys, I got the call and going for AD tomorrow. Will let you know how it went...One thing I am bit worried about is that they asked us to tight the hair back but I am wearing very short hair cut, which cannot be tighten...hope it won´t be a problem...what do you think?

thanks much!

martin-mitev
20th Feb 2010, 17:33
Hi all!
I am trying to make up my mind sould I quit my present job and start working for Emirates as CC so I was hopping to get some insider for the job conditions like salary working ours per week and so on. Right now I am working for Carnival cruse lines as a casino dealer and I make averege about 17-1800$ and I work hard about 60 hours a day. the good thing is that i realy don't have to pay for anythng and I can save more than a 1000 a month.
Can you tell me what the screening day English exam is like? cause my writing and spelling are not so good but I still have one week to improve them.

Mari
20th Feb 2010, 17:34
Lucy, chill! Short is the best: you won't have any difficulties with it!

If your hair doesn't touch your collar, you don't have to put it up. Style it nicely. It has to be your natural colour, no highlights.

zvrky
20th Feb 2010, 17:36
If you have short hair you don't have what to tight up, so it applies only to those who have longer hair. Don't worry about that!

Good luck! :ok:

Nek ti bude scastlive!

Mari
20th Feb 2010, 17:51
Martin,

I used to work in the hotel industry. One of the reasons I left that I had to work 50-70 hours a week which is too much.

Salaries, benefits and other information (read FAQ) is on the Emirates homepage.

Look at the EY vs EK salary topic on pprune as well:

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/324196-ey-vs-ek-salary.html

Your background and age is excellent. You should try it now.

English test is easy, multiple choice and an essay. Read back in this topic to find out more about Emirates ODs.

zvrky
20th Feb 2010, 19:03
Just to say that I past the first selection and I'm going further tomorrow. Will let you know how it went.

I really didn't expect this... :) it's a nice feeling. :p

Vice_versa
20th Feb 2010, 22:26
Hi guys
on the 2nd february we had the final interview , and before one week they have called 4 of my collegues , my question is : are they goina tell us if we are not successful ????

Polyanka
21st Feb 2010, 08:22
Hey, you had FI on the 2nd of Feb...? it is been 3 weeks since...are you waiting for the golden call? """"One week before"""" you are saying...Your collegues got phonecals..what kind of calls?????? what means one week before the FI? I had my FI on 18th of Januray and still waiting the Golden Call! :rolleyes:

mimi_fly
21st Feb 2010, 09:26
i cant access my account now.. i want to upload something on the candidate portal.. but it always says invalid...huhu

Vice_versa
21st Feb 2010, 13:29
the 4 colleagues of me received the golden call after a week of the final interview

zvrky
21st Feb 2010, 15:36
I didn't pass group discussions. :uhoh:

I was very communicative and with very good languages skills... maybe I seemed pushy because of that. It seems that everyone who have been silent and didn't talk almost anything have passed. Don't get it!

What do you think?

Swissy_chica
21st Feb 2010, 16:28
Zvrky, I'm sorry you didn't make it past the first group discussion.
Sometimes it takes more than good communication skills to pass onto the next level. I personally haven't attended any OD YET (though I will on the 27), but from the information I gathered on Pprune and other FA forums, too much confidence should be avoided.

There's nothing wrong with speaking up, but give other applicants a chance to "shine" as recruiters are interested in teamwork. Think of a give-and-take scenario. Did you by any chance oppose other people's views or ideas?

Do not be disheartened, charge it to experience. There are many other airlines hiring. You may want to visit QR's website in case they have a campaign in your country, or at least a neighboring country where you can drop by.

Do not give up :)

maxi014
21st Feb 2010, 16:35
Hi everybody,

Zvrki, I absolutely agree with you... that happened in our group too (maybe we were in the same group, from 10 am). Whoever tried to say anything hasn't got through to the next stage.... and people who were quiet and dead serious were successful. Disaster:{

I remember when checking this forum I found some questions about going somewhere else a few days after the interview but I cannot find it at the moment (have no access to the internet)... please if anybody knows the answer tell me.... so, they are not going to figure out no matter that I applied online before belgrade OD and i show up in budapest next week after I failed the group discussions?

Special thanks to Mari on behalf of everybody looking for any information. Mari, you gave me all the information about everything, I just searched through the pages back and forward. Thanks again

zvrky
21st Feb 2010, 16:50
well, i had some confidence, but not so! much! no, i didn't oppose to opinions.

but i guess i was more communicative than it's needed.

two years ago, when i was a little more down i reached FI.

... hm...

Pealore
21st Feb 2010, 18:41
Thanks Mari!!!!!!!! can anyone tell me which months they recruit???? for instance, if i apply in May how long will it take for them to call me for an interview??????

seriously i havnt even applied yet and am already panicing. it seems EK has soo many conditions. i want to finish university before applying and i have one year. i want to be well prepared. hmmm!!!!

chatnoir
22nd Feb 2010, 09:56
I just received a golden call!!!!!!!! :ok::ok::ok::}:}:}:D:D:D

I am sooooooooooooooooooo happyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to share some infos with all of you, because I have resigned from my job and now I have a timeee :ok:

The main important think in the group discussion is be yourself, let the others speak and say smtg like: Thats a good point of view or thats a good idea! You have to be a team player!

1. In first group disc. we had to present the person next to us and say his favorite book and present, no less lo more, no: his name is . . . no, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS only, say what they asked.

2. English test is easy, first comprehension about a young teleoperator girl who is rude with the clients, the other smtg like: Two pills three times per day and the questions: How many pills you have to take, answer: 6 . . . Or: Standing room only and answer: There is no chairs in this room . . . You understand, very simple really!!!!

3. Second group disc., you have to make a film, find topic, style, actors and so on.... 20 minute, very funny, I liked it!!!

4. The FI, questions about your previous experience, dealing with difficult customers, colleagues, any bad experience: try to stay positive, is very important!!!

I hot recommend book from Caitlyn Rogers - Cabin Crew Interview Make it Easy, you can find on google book as well, or buy it . . .

good luck all of youuuuuuuu!!!!!!! and see you in Dubaaaaaaai!!!!!!! :D

F.A. again
22nd Feb 2010, 10:28
Hi Nidi
i am really sorry for you, it's a shame you did not get through, but very nice of you to share your experiences with all of us, and trying to help the others.
Many others who didnt get through forget about it and dont bother about others.
So thanks (on behalf of those who will need these infos).
As far as I know it is just the Qatar airline which you should not join...othervise have to leave a year before joining EK.

Do not give up and try it next time you can.
There's NO FAILURE...ALWAYS A LESSON. :)
Good luck!

mimi_fly
22nd Feb 2010, 12:45
hi fa again, on what stage are you now? how is your medicals and all..im struggling with it.. since im still working... got so little time.. and i want to finish it as soon as possible..how about you??

F.A. again
22nd Feb 2010, 16:16
Hi mimi fly!
Theoratically: I'm done with everything that needed me. I've got my examinations done, got aaallll the vaccinations recquired...(8 in one go!!!:\)...furthermore...I gave my blood for this job! :} Literally.
Realisticly: the worst part is coming.....Bloody waiting AGAIN! :ugh:
For every single result....and now im helpless, I can not do anything to make it quicker....and doctors and nurses are controlling my life...:)
But...nearly there..

I was lucky with my job...everybody is supporting me, so I could be flexible with all the appointments.
How much time do you have?
(I've choosen a private doctor, much more expensive, but at least gives you the results in approx.3 days!)
Wish you all the best and good luck! :ok:

Polyanka
22nd Feb 2010, 19:17
Hiiiii, I am still waiting....it is 5 weeks now...:rolleyes: can someone send me a private msg with the Dubai HR number??? I am going to give them a call I think....or will just keep:ugh: the number in case :hmm:

Congrates Chatnoir!!!!!!!!!!!!:ok:
Where and when was your FI?????????? I see you based in UAE?

Chessnut
22nd Feb 2010, 21:00
does anyone know what the possibilities of NOT getting through after the final interview? and if you dont hear within 3 weeks is it likely that we would have already got an email saying we weren't successful?

LuciR
23rd Feb 2010, 09:19
Hi all,

I promised to update you about Prague AD. So here I am with the info.

Open day was very straight forward, about 140 people turned up and after CV drop off we were sent back home and recruiters called only selected people to come back another day for AD.

App. 70 people turned up for AD, so they cut by half! We were divided into two groups (max 40 people each). Each group was divided again into two discussion groups and we had to present the person to our right side - favourite book and which famous person he/she would like to be for one day and why. During the discussion we were called out by the recruiter to do the reach test and asked questions like "What did you get up last night?"

Then there was a second group discussion and we had to come up with 5 reasons why smoking should not be allowed in public areas. During this discussion the recruiters talked to each other, didnt make any notes and almost didnt watch us. One person was then selected to present the reasons on behalf of the group.

After this we were given letters with Congratulations or Unfortunatelly you didnt make it throught to the next stage - I was one them:-(

I honestly do not know what they looking for...I was very polite, didnt speak much during the group discusions, listened to other people, properly dressed...so I suppose its more about if they like you or not.

There were people who were completely silent during the discusion and made it through but some of them not, some people were talking all the time and made it through but again, some of them not. Some people were not even dressed in business attire and made it through. I guess that app. 30 people made it to the next stage, which was english test - have no idea what were the results after this stage.

Roul
23rd Feb 2010, 11:20
Hi Everyone...I had my final interview in Malta on Monday 15th of February and I am still waiting for the call!! Actually what I want to enquire about is because some of the poeple I know who applied with me have recived an e-mail with some sort of application form and some Uniform procedures, I haven't recived anything yet, does that mean that I wasn't excepted???Thanks for your time.

Mari
23rd Feb 2010, 11:39
Dear Lucy,

thank you for letting us know how it went. I'm really sorry you didn't make it through this time.

Interesting what you wrote... It sounds like that they had decided in advance who they let through before... (That's my impression after reading your post.)

The only thing I can say to improve your chances for the next time: working abroad - in English speaking environment, especially in a multinational team - is a huge advantage.

I personally know Eastern-European crew with the following background:
- baby sitting in the UK or in the US
- work and travel USA
- campAmerica
- waitressing in the UK/Ireland
- student in Australia
- working on a cruise ship
- scholarships like Erasmus

All the best!

maxi014
23rd Feb 2010, 12:09
Hello again,
well, Mari, I've been on the cruise ships for last three years, getting all the time good named comments, smiling all the time (it's natural), my English is excellent, communication with people in the group during the discussion was ok.... really, I'm trying to figure out what went wrong but have no idea..... all the serious and quiet people made it to the next stage....
So I'm planning to go to Budapest in a few days.... keep your fingers crossed ;)
And hopefully I' won't find the same recruiters there :)))
Do you think they can find out I'd been in Belgrade too since I had registered before Belgrade OD.... I mean, they look too busy these days so hopefully they won't check

For all the guys who want to know the topics from Belgrade:
1. find out the place your neighbor on the left would like to go for a vacation next time
2. group discussion: what are the next 2 destinations you'd like to see Emirates flies to

485 people in total showed up in Belgrade OD (I think it was the biggest one so far) and 166 made it through the initial screening... I don't know for later on, I hope somebody will tell us

Mari
23rd Feb 2010, 12:28
Well, if you make it through the initial screening, you shouldn't go for an OD for six months. They won't check it on the spot for sure!

Only HR (in Dubai) can check it but you know what: they are recruiting all over, they are hiring so many people, there is a chance they won't find out about your previous OD as the HR ladies are so-so busy right now. Keep silent about it (tick NO for the question) and you will see how it goes...

Anyways, good luck! It seems to me that you need lots of luck to get into Emirates nowadays...

One more thing: I'm absolutely NOT familiar with the registration system. Can you register again? This time for the Budapest OD? I don't know if the system lets you but it should...

(Imagine, one of my friends registered for an OD in Portugal and she was invited for a London AD. Why? I have no idea... And later her status changed for "failed to attend" in her application form. I have no idea what and when and how they follow up things...)

Infamus
23rd Feb 2010, 22:08
From 166 to 86 for english test...
and after that 56 of us passed for next stage...
and 33 or 36..I think...for FI

more info soon

Mari
23rd Feb 2010, 22:28
It means it should be 3 days, at least, for the final interviews.

Hm, and there were only 11 people on the London AD (source: pprune) last time and 7 made it to the final... Amazing!!!

Please, write down EVERYTHING FROM THE BEGINNING in your post after the FI. From the first selection day to your FI, your photos, references, everything. Thank you.

Good luck!

indigoCat
23rd Feb 2010, 22:53
@Chessnut (http://www.pprune.org/members/321281-chessnut)

Hi!

I must say that, although not very likely, it is still possible to be rejected after the final interview; I've been rejected twice by EK and once by QR, and I made it straight to the final interview on both airlines (12 out of a +-90 pack).

However, don't let this discourage you. Give out your best, feel confident, smile and win them over! :)

By the way, I'm showing up a 3rd and 4th and 5th time. I eat my own dogfood ;)

wanttoflyhigh
24th Feb 2010, 01:06
So need some advice. When I try to open my account on the EK careers site, this it what it says::

"You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest"
Is this always a good thing or is it random?

Good luck to everyone who are waiting.

jes553
24th Feb 2010, 03:58
Hay hun my Bestie Danielle simmons did the same thing just wondering if you new her? she is still waiting but she also got in with qatar so she's deciding wat to do:)

Mochila
24th Feb 2010, 05:58
Hey Everyone,

I've got a quick question, does Emirates require you to wear a gold watch or can it be silver/stainless steel? Should the face plate be a particular color as well?

Thanks!

Mochila

wanttoflyhigh
24th Feb 2010, 12:20
So... After I posted the question yesterday about the status. I got the call this morning from Emirates.

I just wanna let you people know that this is my second time going through the process. Made it to the final interview the first time but didnt get the job. The second time, 1 year later, I got it.

So hang in there - and dont let a no discourage you. Keep trying, and if you truly want it you`ll get it.

Roul
24th Feb 2010, 12:56
First of all Congrats for getting the job!! Secondly I would like to ask you if in the first week after your final interview they sent you an e-mail regarding the uniform procedures and accompained by an application letter??? or you heard nothing until the yes or no?Thanks in advance and hope we'll meet in Dubai cause I am still waiting for an answer!!!!!

snowglobe
24th Feb 2010, 13:17
hi can someone (anyone!) help me please? i am freaking out. i'm meant to go for my OD in a few days but yesterday I was playing with my nephew, tickling him when he accidentally kicked me in the face and knocked out my front teeth! I just got back from the dentist, he has put in temporary replacements while we wait for the permanents to come back from the lab. It'll take about 2 or 3 weeks for the permanents and the temporarys look TERRIBLE! they are a few shades shades darker than the rest of my teeth and they're really crooked, they're not even the same size. It just isnt good enough for cabin crew.

Should I still go to the OD? There wont be another one I can attend for months and I hear that now is the best time to apply because they need a lot of people, but I cant see them putting through someone with bad teeth and I dont want a 6 month ban! I'm so so so upset. What should I do??

HELP!

:{:{:{:{

SebbyK
24th Feb 2010, 14:01
Hi all, got the golden call this morning. My DOJ is 12th April from Heathrow, any one else got the same place and day?

Seb

blackdesert
24th Feb 2010, 15:51
hello guys ,

i want to ask some question , i've received an email from emirates airways this morning which is agroup application including adate and time of selection process day in my country but it's not an open day , they asked to send a confirmation email and i did so , can someone tell me what is that mean??and how it would be when i go???????

Chessnut
25th Feb 2010, 08:51
Ahhh its been 2 weeks now.... it feels like ages. :(

I really hope i get this!!!

topgun_29
25th Feb 2010, 09:42
Hi all, I plan to attend an OD in Paris on 13th of March and I would like to know how many days it will last if you proceed till FI? Thank you

Claire88
25th Feb 2010, 12:00
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me when you find out what accommodation you are going into?

Just had my finall approval and leave London on MArch 15th! Can't wait.

Claire

Donisha
25th Feb 2010, 13:24
Where can I view Emirates cabin crew open days and assessment days on their website. Because I'm not seeing it.

gela1009
25th Feb 2010, 14:19
hi everyone!

does the english/math test have a time limit? does the essay really have to be atleast 200 words or 200 words is the maximum? do they really need your copies of diplomas/certificates? i requested mine but i dont think ill get it before the open day. since i attended high school in a different country they have to mail it to me.:confused:

blackdesert
25th Feb 2010, 14:43
this is the page for the open days of emirates airlines

https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/CabinCrewOpenDays.aspx?j=f&pub=/english

Milica8
25th Feb 2010, 16:04
For April there are only 3 countries listed for Open Days.Does anyone know why?

SAekGN
26th Feb 2010, 07:23
Hey Claire

I've also just received my final approval :ok: and I depart from South Africa on 15 March. Looks like we'll be in the same ab-initio group :)

I'm also wondering when we find out where we'll be staying. Does anybody have any idea when?

wanttoflyhigh
26th Feb 2010, 09:08
Hi guys,

Have any of you experienced trouble logging on to the candidate portal? Everytime I try to log in it says invalid email/password?? The portal is entered by logging on the emiratesgroupcareers.com and then logging in as if you want to check your application correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

topgun_29
26th Feb 2010, 09:43
Well, your username should be your full mail address and your password you should obtained on your mail. If you do not know your password, check it your mails from Emirates. If you have it, then take care about capital letters and numbers. Hope it helped....

Chessnut
26th Feb 2010, 10:41
Almost 3 weeks now!!! Another guy who did the FI a week after me has already got a rejection email...

im sooo anxious to know!!!

marcorix
26th Feb 2010, 13:02
I sent my application to attend an opend day with Emirates one week ago... but I haven't recived a reply yet.

Can I attend an open day without an invitation????

thank you very much :)

emirateshopefully
26th Feb 2010, 13:43
since I have logged in here, I have been very busy with medicals etc! Now I am packing. Just wanted to know is anyone else going to Dubai on the 2nd of March? Let me know if you are. Good Luck to everyone else. So excited.:)

marcorix
26th Feb 2010, 21:55
Could I ask you informations about Emirates Open Day?
Can I attend an open day without an invitation? or do I have to wait a reply?
thank you very much :)

Madelie
26th Feb 2010, 22:22
You don’t need an invitation for an Open Day. Everyone can walk in, even without registering on Emirates’ website.

Mari
26th Feb 2010, 22:47
Dear Everybody!

Read back in this topic to find the answers to your questions!!!!!! (Actually, no significant questions, that might be the reason you didn't read back...)

julzzzzz
27th Feb 2010, 07:56
Im also due to leave on 15 march to join emirates airlines!Im from Durbs,where bout you from?
exciting stuff huh!!:cool:

honda199
27th Feb 2010, 10:18
Can Anyone Please Help Me ...i Had My Final Interview On 24 Feb...do People Usually Get Rejected After Their Final Interview ...i Actually Cried Becaus Ethe Recruiter Got A Little Personal As She Asked Me Abt My Dad..cuz My Dad And Mom Are Seperated ...later The Interview Was Well And She Liked Me And Was Very Freindly...and I Have Also Filled The United Arab Etry Form In Blue Pen Instead Of Black...will I Get Rejected ...m So Scared ...evrything Else Went Well

Mari
27th Feb 2010, 11:33
Don't worry, they love heartbreaking stories and sensitive people! Although, I hope you didn't cry that much...

People do get rejected after the FI: kindly read back lots of pages and you can find some of these people and their stories. (No need to cry!)

honda199
27th Feb 2010, 13:37
It Was Hardly For Seconds And Recruiter Felt Very Bad And Was Constantly Apologizing ..but She Appreciated Me In Lot Other Things When I Was Answering Her Question And She Was Little Happy With Me And Appreciated For My Honesty ..i Was Very Confident With My Answers ...and One More Thing It S Fine To Fill In The United Arab Entry Form In Blue , The Recruiter Checked Everything And She Said Its Fine...later When I Read The Guide Line I Saw It Was Mentioned That It Should Be In Black ...help Plzzzz

honda199
28th Feb 2010, 07:25
Can Anyone Help Me ...do You Need To Send The Photo In Pdf Format Or Jpg Format Is Fine.... Please Help

Polyanka
28th Feb 2010, 08:20
Maybe you need to ask them?
I had my FI 18th of January....and I send my photos by post.
:)

Mari
28th Feb 2010, 12:04
You sent your photos by post??????

F.A. again
28th Feb 2010, 12:29
I think Honda and Polyanka are talking about two different things.

After the FI in London we were asked to go and get our full-length photo and 6 passport photos done. We were also given an address of a photographer who knew exactly what to do and what Emirates expects.
After all we could either took these photos back to the recruiters or post them.

Honda might have asked about the online application?? (The site will tell you which format is recquired...as far as i know, both should be ok)
Correct me if im wrong.

SebbyK
28th Feb 2010, 18:59
Hey,

My DOJ was 12th April and has been pushed forward to 5th April from Heathrow. Anyone else the same?

Also i am trying to sort my medicals out but can't download the medical form from the portal, says that the link is broken. Can someone please send it to me if you have downloaded it. PM me and i will give my email address to you.

Thanks

Seb

wanttoflyhigh
28th Feb 2010, 20:03
I have the same problem in regards to the medical forms on the candidate portal. Each time I try to download it, nothing happens. Anyone experienced this problem, and if so, what did you do?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mochila
1st Mar 2010, 00:10
hey about the forms for the medicals, my husband had the same problem. i think it's a glitch in their system. he had to call HR and they emailed him all the forms. good luck!

Chessnut
1st Mar 2010, 08:54
:( i did my FI 3 weeks ago and on the portal it is still says "application under review"

is this normal?

honda199
1st Mar 2010, 09:15
hi...i had my final interview on 24 feb ... and dint not give just one casual photo ...so they asked me to mail them ...i gave 6 passport size one full length and one casuals photos i gave to the recruiter... i sent it through mail in both formats...

Polyanka
1st Mar 2010, 09:22
I had my FI 18th of January, my aplication says APPROVAL IN PROGRESS.
It is 6 weeks today I am waiting...:ok: lool it drives me crazy....:ugh:
I have a hope.....a big hope as it will change my life a lot. And it is so important for me...:)

honda199
1st Mar 2010, 09:51
did you receive the golden call....how many days will it take to receive a rejection email...do you have any idea

how do you check your status online...i know my reference number that they gave me during interview...can we check it online aswell ..hows is it ..i dont have application number ..only reference number

Mari
1st Mar 2010, 10:10
Polyanka,

it means you were successful. You need to start the medicals and you will get approved afterwards. So, congrats!

audrey126
1st Mar 2010, 11:18
Hi,

I am trying to download the medical form but the link seems to be broken. Could someone please send it to me?
I tried to call HR several times but only reached voicemail.
If someone could send it to me that would be great!!
Thanks guys

Polyanka
1st Mar 2010, 11:40
Ahhhh how can I be successfull if I didnt get the Golden call or email????
And I dint get nothing for the last 6 weeks :confused:.....

I emailed them last week saying that I am waiting on my week 6 now and have some of my medical done and if they want me to join I am ready to fly!

But no answer still.......I want to cry!!!!!!!!!:{

and laugh:} as it is been so long for me!!!

I cant do medicals as I havent heard anything....I know some people got bad emails in 6-8 weeks of waiting....:{

I hope i got it.....God help me!!!!

Mari -

How can I do medicals? I was not instructed how to....

:uhoh:I am confused now.....

Polyanka
1st Mar 2010, 12:39
1 girl from my group got a golden call, others 2 i know, rejections emails, all this has happend after 3 weeks from the FI. They got it on the same day, it was tuesday all 3 of them!!!

I have got nothing yet! :rolleyes:
I am prayinggggg:D

Congrats to everybody who got the calll!!!:ok:

marcorix
1st Mar 2010, 13:12
Polyanka good luck for your golden call... I am sure that you'll receive the call because for you is important... It is also important for me to work as cabin crew with Emirates.

How many photos I have to bring with me at the open day???
1 full lenght size and how many in passaport size?

any tips??? thank you very much and Gooooood Luucckkkk again:ok:

bec beady
1st Mar 2010, 13:48
Hi everybody, i would like to thank you all for all your posts they are really helpful! im off to the glasgow open day on the 7th march its a 5 hour trip for me so im very nervous about it especially as i have just come back from a manchester assessment day for Qatar after doin the english tests i never got through, which really confused me as i thought it wasn't too bad.
I tried for BA last year and was successful but unfortunately they had to put the applications on hold cos of the recession. Anybody else coming to the glasgow OD it'd be nice to see how many ppl would turn out? really nervous as i want this sooo much now, its been so long!!!!

thanks

Polyanka
1st Mar 2010, 14:41
To chek my online status I go to the career section and just loging in! With my email adress and my password I set as I have applyed online, and never did go to an OD. I was invited by email to prelimentary selection they called it or something......after that I had my FI. I didnt need to take any pictures with me for the first day, just me and my invitation letter.

Just take a few I guess.....they will choose one....

Honda did you apply online? If yes, you should login....:)
with your staff....

Good luck:ok:

zvrky
1st Mar 2010, 15:55
@Milica8, I will maybe be going to Ljubljana... but, I'm not sure yet!

Because I had already passed to the second round but didn't make it furhter. So I am in dilema.
I wouldn't like to be rejected because of not obeying the 6 months rule and to be rejected each time in the future for that... I don't know...

honda199
1st Mar 2010, 16:10
okay so you applied online ,i dint i went through agency ,so may be i cant check my status ...thanks

do you have any idea why people getting rejected ... i am so sacred is it because of their performance or missing documents ...wat they really looking for ..only experience of years together or a good personality traits ...i m scared too ..i just got a call from emirates asking about my education....the lady told me that my application was in process and it would take some time for the results ...i m scared now .....

onax
1st Mar 2010, 16:16
i must wait six months only if you don't pass the final interview. :) If you are rejected on the secon stage the rule doesn't apply so , feel free to try again. ::ok:

Lucy.R
1st Mar 2010, 16:40
onax, zvrky

They told us we can reapply after 6 months and those who didnt get through FI can reapply after 1 year. I dont know if they keep records. So try it and you will see. Let us know.
On other hand I dont know why they would say about reapplying after 6 months if they didnt check it. Maybe Mari could know that.

Good luck anyway :ok:

Milica8
1st Mar 2010, 17:30
@ zvrky

I am also in dilemma, just like you. Still searching internet for more information, just to be sure about those 6 months. If you wish you can send me private message, and we can stay in touch if we decide to go to Ljubljana, or for other things related to OD.

rise-up
1st Mar 2010, 18:07
Hey.

First of all...Thank you...for all the information you have shared on this thread...I for sure will return the favour and post in all related information soon too.

Polyanka i just checked my application status and it says "APPROVAL IN PROGRESS" too...
Mari you mentioned that this is a good sign to know that we have cleared it....are you really sure? (hoping you are!!)
My FI was just like a week ago.
I know in the past everyone who could'nt log in and had the other message stating the 'coordinator will get in touch' thingy...have recieved the Golden call...but... approval in progress??!!
I'm soooo badly hoping you are right.

Just keeping everything crossed for the moment....:confused::):suspect::)

rise-up
1st Mar 2010, 18:30
Did your application status say the same for all/most of the 6 weeks you have been waiting...or has it just changed?

spontaneous
1st Mar 2010, 18:48
Hello everybody, I would like to share my experience with you. I just got through all the stages of the recruiting process.

20 Feb - pre-selection day by MT Global Experts - an essay "Favorite Vacation Spot" for 10min and then short interview in English.

27th Feb - the day started at 8:30am and finished about 7:30pm
About 45 candidates arrived. We watched the EK video and then they separated us in two groups. We sat in 2 circles and we had to talk to the person on the right and get information on the topic "What would you do if you could be invisible for a day", then we had to present it. Then the other discussion was to talk about "Honesty is the key". At the end they selected one girl that summarized the information. After the we had a short break and we were given letters saying "congratulation" or "you have not been successful". The number of people dropped to 23. It was time for the English test - reading comprehension, multiple choice questions, and an essay "If there was someting in your past that you could change what would that be?". Very few people were eliminated.
Then we had another short break and the other group discussion started. This time the two groups were not at the same time in the room. The topic was something like that: you are directors, writers, musicians, producers and etc. Discuss the following:
1. A story of a new musical.
2. Who will play the main female/male role?
3. What kind of ending it will have?
4. The name of the musical?
5. Who will write the plot?
We had 20min. The discussion went very well and the whole group made it to the final interview. At the end of the day we were 18 people. One one gay (boy)!
Then we did a psychometric test - 187 questions about your personality and IQ.
I had to go back home, gather documents and print them in the middle of the night. Sunday was an awful day, buying a new suit + taking new photos.

1st March - Final Interview
A Bulgarian lady was my interviewer-she was very nice, very warm:) Looked through my documents and the questions started.
-Give an example of the worst customer you have ever had?
-Give and example of a situation that you have done something exceptional for a customer.
-Give an example that you had a conflict with a colleague.
Give an example of the worst experience with a customer.

Those questions are hard to answer, believe me! At some point my mind went completely empty, noting was coming through and I just had to tell her the truth "I cannot give an example":{:{:{I know this ruined everything, she got kind of disappointed and soon after that the interview ended. I felt that she became cold towards me. I feel that I am unsuccessful, I struggled to answer her questions. I know that for EK it is not enough to have the qualities you need to be exceptional:ugh:

Good luck to everybody,
I hope that this information will be useful to you:ok:

Polyanka
1st Mar 2010, 18:48
Yes all 6 weeks it says the same......APPROVAL IN PROGRESS
I hope its a good sighn...
:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

rise-up
1st Mar 2010, 18:57
In that case i think it just means what it says...and no signs really (good/bad)...:sad:
Hmm...nevertheless, I just will hope the best for everyone waiting.
Thanks.

Mari
1st Mar 2010, 19:37
Polynka,

in this case: I might have been wrong.... Sorry, you need to wait longer: for the rejection letter or the Golden Call.

Spontaneous,

well, you should have said something... You need to answer those questions!!! Didn't you know what questions you can expect?! Everything is on pprune. All the same customer service experience related questions...

Your English is excellent!

You will see what comes next! Try it next year again if you can't make it now.

spontaneous
1st Mar 2010, 20:00
to Mari:

I knew about the questions they usually ask. I had prepared some answers, some examples but I really felt my mind empty at some point - I could hear myself saying to me "Think, give an example, think....."- but no, no idea. So I just told the truth.:{
I couldn't take the tension, so I failed :{I understand my mistake, so at least I do not wonder why I will not get the job:)

snowglobe
1st Mar 2010, 20:18
aww spontaneous, maybe you did better than you think!
I'm reallyyyy nervous about the stand up and introduce the person on your right bit! Seriously, I'm scared I wont be able to think of something I would do if I was invisible for a day or which celebrity I would most like to meet haha. I know its not important what you say, its about how you say it, but I seriously have no idea...!!

Mari
1st Mar 2010, 22:41
Snowglobe:
you need to perform!

(Woow, this fake opitimism... I'm sorry but when I read something like be yourself or have fun, it just makes me jump out of the window. It's so annoying. And I have to listen to this during soooo many briefings... And I have to use these phrases because we were told that "Eastern-Europeans are too direct". And I always have such a bad feeling... because I don't really mean it but I have to say it... Does it really help to some people?! These phrases sound so meaningless to me...)

Spontaneous:
you are a great person and you are clever. (I can see that from the posts. Actually, from 2 posts... So many stupid people around...) You froze. That's why the recruiter seemed to be disappointed.

Let's wait for the answer from Emirates first. (It's not gonna be good if they are getting blank pages...) If you are very, very, very pretty: it might help!

If - only if! - you don't get it: you promise yourself that you will be stone hard next time and you won't mess it up. Maybe you were not ready for this job at this stage of your life.

If - and only if! - you get it: you call me, and we go through all your SEP questions because I don't want you to get fired during your first briefing.

If you want to become a cabin crew, you need to take this pressure. You need to take care of people who collapse in front of you (it happened to me: I was very nervous but I followed the instructions I learnt and I was great! I'm so proud of myself...), you need to fight a toilet fire and talk to the captain.

Just some stories: there are girls who got fired because they hung up the phone when the captain called. (It's sooo scary!) There are girls who got fired because they went hugging and crying instead of fighting a toilet fire. There are people who get off-loaded because they are not able to answer to SEP questions (too much pressure!). Even worse: burst into tears... (for God's sake! I could cry, too...)

You need to deal with things. If you can't, you can't.

I believe you can!!! If you don't get the job this time, try to build up some conficence this year! If you get it, you will be wonderful, I know it.

spontaneous
2nd Mar 2010, 05:33
Mari & F.A. again

Thank you for your posts regarding my experience from yesterday:)
I am so disapoited from my performance, so I will work to improve it. Believe me, I do understand that this job demands not only a pretty face but also quick reactions and right decisions under pressure!:)

I will keep you informed once I get some news from EK.

Thank you, again.

snowglobe
2nd Mar 2010, 05:34
It wasn't fake optimism.
She mightve given perfect answers for what she WOULD do in that scenario but just wasn't able to give a time when its happened previously.
So that wouldn't be as bad.

Only the recruiters know what they look for and since none of us are recruiters we can only speculate.

wildVV
2nd Mar 2010, 06:28
hey, I just want say congratulation that finally you made it to Emirates .... your words are so inspiring for me. I have attended four times for Qatar Open day and never been selected even for initial screening process...it is heart breking but i will never give up. i have been working as a cabincrew for 4yrs and I know what it is like. I know I am good candidate for this job. I have the quality and experience and i know this is what i want to do..... I am going to try Emirates now. when the right time comes it will happen like it happened to you.

I have got some questions and favour to ask. did you submit an application letter as they ask for online application....if so can I have a look on your letter to get some ideas how to format my letter. i am sure you wrote a good letter......

i wish you all the best on your training and good luck......enjoy your dream job

priscillia06
2nd Mar 2010, 08:25
:) just received the GOLDEN CALL this morning!! can't realise it.......

FI : 2nd feb
Golden Call : 2nd March :D:D

bec beady
2nd Mar 2010, 11:40
really well done everybody i cant tell you how jealous i am!! ha dont worry either i tried qatar last wknd and only made it through a couple of rounds. its really tough but persever guys!! we'll get there eventually (i hope ha)

honda199
2nd Mar 2010, 13:30
just wanted to know tat do they make the final decision on the formal photos ...is photo the solace of getting a job...please advice

Chessnut
2nd Mar 2010, 14:28
For the London AD it was very nerve-racking I must admit.

We were all waiting for the day to start when we were brought into the room and sat down with our name tags. I started talking to 2 other girls who I had met whilst we were waiting and we took our seats at the front of the room which I think gave a good impression rather than sitting at the back.

Everyone was dressed in suits.. there were a few who had black skirts and smart tops (I had a black skirt and a smart shirt - no jacket - :S) and all the men were wearing suits.

We were shown the video of what working for Emirates would be like and throughout the video I was constantly smiling. The recruiters were also smiling at me whenever I caught their eye.

We had a quick break then were brought back into the room where we were split into 2 groups (23 and 22) and had to speak to the people next to us whilst others were doing the reach test. I also had a chat with the lady whilst I was doing the reach test. I think that is what they base whether they like you or not.

Then we had to come up with a movie plot which was fine. I didn't say too much but I still tried to join in. There were a few people trying to get seen, perhaps tryin TOO hard by interupting other people.

Then another break when we came back into the room and got our pieces of paper. I was SOO RELIEVED when mine and the 2 other girls said we went through... there was only about 17 that made it through which was cut down to 14 after 3 of them failed the english test which by the way you only have to do if you didn't go to high school here.

The next stage we were split into groups again where we did another discussion. We all then went through to the Final interview, but had to do a personality test too which we were told there were no right or wrong answers.

2 days later I turned up for my Final interview, wearing a black skirt suit, hair neatly in a bun and red lipstick, as I had just had my photos done.

I was on time and the interview began promptly. It was a 2-2-1 interview and I feel it went well although of course I was nervous but I smiled throughout and kept on drinking the water to keep me hydrated :)

The questions were based on my work experience and to be honest, my CV is pretty impressive. I have just finished my degree in advertising, worked in places such as Harrods and im very well presented :)

My final interview was 11th Feb and I still haven't heard anything but one of the girls I made friends with got the Golden Call today..

Sophie13
2nd Mar 2010, 15:47
Hi Everyone

I have been invited to attend the open day in Glasgow on Sunday, 7th March ( I was going to attend without a formal invite anyway :} ).

I have a few questions about the open day for anyone who can help;

1. All the email said was knee length skirt and skin coloured stockings- should I wear my hair tied back?

2. How important are the photos which I take with me to the open day? Is it ok to have them taken at home?

3. What actually happens at the open day other than handing in your CV?

Many Thanks :)

Sophie C

bec beady
2nd Mar 2010, 15:51
hi does anybody know what extra documents you might need to bring with you if you get through to assessment days an final interviews? im goin to an open day on sunday in glasgow and if they call me back im goin to have to stay there in a hotel as i live 5 hours away? i know i need my photos and cv, is there any thing else?

thanks

Mari
2nd Mar 2010, 18:14
Assessment Day

• Numbers will be assigned to candidates
• Presentation by 2 EK recruiters
• Screening of 4 EK videos
• Information on life in Dubai, salary, training (7 weeks), accommodation
• Q&A

Round 1

1st Discussion:
• Sit in a circle, group of 10 to 15 candidates
• Question is usually finding out something about and introducing your neighbour.
• During discussion (10mins), individual 1 on 1 session
• Reach Test, Short Q&A and appearance check
• Presentation of answers, stand up one by one and address the rest.

2nd Discussion

1st Elimination

Round 2

English Test (1hr):
• MCQ (40pts) Passing mark: 32 (spend no more than 30 mins on this)
• Comprehension (12pts)
• Vocabulary (10pts)
• Understanding Instructions (13pts)
• Interpreting Information (5pts)
• Essay 200 words (No marks, pass or fail only)

2nd Elimination

Round 3

3rd Discussion:
• Sit in a circle, group of 6 to 10 candidates

Tattoo/Scars declaration form

3rd Elimination

Round 4

16PF Psychometric Test (187 questions – IQ, EQ, behavioural, personal, work, social issues)

Validation of personal information

Final Interview date/time

What do I need to bring?

If you are successful through the assessment day you will be invited for the final interview. Schedule is up to number of successful candidates, so you could be interviewed following day or even three days after. However, you have to bring:

-updated CV with a portrait,
-6 color passport size photos, smiling, both ears visible, hair up;
-1 full lenght color photos in business attire with big smile, hair up, straight to camera, both ears and both hands visible, no legs crossed, plain background (blue, grey, avoid white);
-2 casual photos (from holidays or similar)
-letter of employment or payslip (if employed);
-1-2 wirtten references (one from current employer, one from previous employer, if any), have to be from your superiors (phone numbers and e-mail addresses must be available to 2 employers),
-2 color photocopies of your passport;
-photocopy of your highest education degree (no translation needed);
-photocopies of your certificates (if any)

What kind of photos?

1. Full-length photo - business attire
- 1 professional (not by your sister at home)
- in business attire (suit and tie for you, short hair, shaved)
- plain bacground: light blue or grey
- do not "fly" on the picture (photoshop), have a real bacground
- look into the camera
- smile
- hands next to your body, relaxed, not in your pocket
- stand straight, towards the camera
- size: 10x15 cm

2. Casual photos
- 2 different casual photos (meaning jeans, shirt, whatever, no glass or cigarette in the hand, not half-naked beach photos), take more pictures with you if you want
- full-length
- nobody in the background (not party pictures!)
- smile

3. Portrait
- copy a good one on your CV (the CV photo should be great and charming, it doesn't have to be an official passport photo)
- 6 pieces of passport photos
- size: 4,5x3,5 cm
- look straight to the camera, both ears visible
- smile
- background is not important (I would recommend white for this, they need these for the visa and stuff, it's written blue but the info paper is very old, white is fine.)

For Ladies

As I read in one post, you could pass the initial screening if your hair is down and you are wearing ballerina shoes (read back: Perth OD). However, you MUST look neat and professional on the photo!

- knee-length skirt (meaning knee-length: no visible knees, it's too short, not under your knee like the Qatar-uniform, it's too long)
- suit (preferably black, navy blue or dark grey: you cannot go wrong)
- suit shoudn't be too big: show your figure (clip it behind if your figure doesn't show)
- skin-colour stockings (not black)
- closed shoes, no straps or visible toe, no sandals
- hair up neatly (no hair coming out at all! very neat!)
- no scarf
- no/not much jewelery (no long earings or more rings)
- facing the camera
- hands next to the body, relaxed (not on your hip!)
- stand straight (absolutely NO posing like a supermodel!)
- both legs should be visible, one foot might be slightly forward just to make it pretty
- strong make-up, make sure you don't have circles around your eyes, the red lipstick brings out the white teeth, use blush on your face
- warm, opened smile

mimi_fly
3rd Mar 2010, 05:30
does anyone knows, how long should i wait after medicals and police clearance??what is the next step now?..does anyone fail after having medicals, even if you have perfect medicals?.. waah im just soo anxious....i dont want to fail at this stage...anyway, sorry if i cant post my whole experience during interview, im always in the office,..and just hiding from my boss whenever im reading this forum.. hehe..i promise to post it.as soom as i have time outside office...hihi...xxxx

Cinta
3rd Mar 2010, 07:14
hey there im new to this forum and this is my first post! lol
this is a reply to your post about the open day just wondering if this is the same as the preliminary selection process as i applied online for emirates cabin crew and have received an email with an interview time and date.. is the process still the same with the eliminations etc?
THanks heaps!!
Have a good day :)
:)

bec beady
3rd Mar 2010, 08:40
seriously do i need all of those things? even references, i dont think i can get them cos my boss now doesnt know im applyin for this? and the last two companies i worked for went into liquidation.

bec beady
3rd Mar 2010, 11:17
thanks cardgard i thought it sounded strange wanting references before hand as last year when i applied for BA i told my boss about my interview etc i was open and honest, they acted fine then a couple of weeks later they made me redundant they stated they were stuggling so i am very hesitant to let my employee know this time around as i dont want this to happen again!!

Mari
3rd Mar 2010, 14:15
Bec,

did you read the "if you make it through the assessmentd day"-part?! And the "girls in ballerina shoes"?

You dress as you like and you take with you whatever you want.

For the FI, they will require everything I mentioned. Lots of people don't have everything, so they drop them in the hotel or send it to Dubai later. (It might delay the process.)

You only need the contacts for the FI. You can show the payslip instead of Reference letter. So, why would you let anyone know right now that you are going for an OD?! You didn't even pass the screening process!

As I went to another country for my OD, I took everything with me what came to my mind, including references (I always asked for a letter after resignation).

Your recruiters will inform you in detail what papers and photos are required. Don't bother with preparation, you can do everything after you make it through the process.

gerjana
3rd Mar 2010, 17:11
Hey,
Let me tell you my story- I went trough all the stages and made it to the final interview!
They just wanted to know examples of difficult situations that I have faced on my work and how I have dealt with them! I was answering every questions with details and smiling a lot ! However at the end of the interview I was asked to fill in an additional test! This test contained only pictures and I had to find the missing one which is most appropriate in logical way. For me this was very easy and I did the test really quick (if you can say so because there were like 80-90 questions).
This was kinda confusing because I don't know if the test is bad or good end of the interview! And I was wondering if people who have filled such test were approved after all.
Does anyone have information on such situations? I will appreciate every answer.
Thanks in advance.

Mari
3rd Mar 2010, 17:28
Some people also had to do the test (read back: pprune) and there were successful applicants among them.

Let's hope for the best!

honda199
3rd Mar 2010, 18:08
i am not able to acess my emirates account it says "You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest "...what dose this mean ...i had applied online but went through frankfinn agency for preliminaries and then recieved invitaion for the assessment day ..now i m done with my final interview its been a week ,and i m not able to acess my account ...till yesterday it said under review and today i cant aces it ...what dose this mean ,i ll be getting a regret email or wat ..i m so scared please advice

Mari
3rd Mar 2010, 19:02
You made it. Read back on pprune (in this topic), you will find dozens of others who got this message.

Moe.Ismail
3rd Mar 2010, 19:23
hey mari !

i just made it to the final interview 2 days ago , it was good i guess , and they asked me to wait for 6 weeks max ,but i applied online after the final interview and sent the the reference number , so no where should i check my status and when it is going to be active? i just checked my the status on emiratesgroupcareers.com and it says applied , so whats next now , any help?

MAZDINI
3rd Mar 2010, 20:05
hi i want to ask if there is any guys going to the one in glasgow on the 7th?and do they need to wear a tie,and is having a clean shave required or etc.

honda199
4th Mar 2010, 03:00
hey but sweets it just been 8 days since my final interview , and how can it be so very soon ...i think there is something fishy ....hey can you tell me wat will the status say after getting a rejection email

Mari
4th Mar 2010, 12:28
However, keep checking the homepage: timings and venues change sometimes!!!

LovelyAlly
4th Mar 2010, 13:02
I also had final interview about 2 weeks and half ago.
From yesterday, My account also has changed just like your status.
And I think this is very good sign... Some of my friends who had same status like us got the golden call!!!

Moreover, I searched about this in PPRuNe and most of candidates got the golden call after this status...:)

So, just don't be too nervous...
Wait and See...
I believe they will call to me and you soon :ok:

honda199
4th Mar 2010, 13:17
nut its just been 8 days after my final interview....i am little surprised...is anyone rejected after getting such kind of a status

rise-up
4th Mar 2010, 14:26
Hey Everyone!!

I just recieved the much awaited Golden call!!...I'm so very happy.
I had my FI a week ago, then after a few days had the status "APPROVAL IN PROGRESS"...then last night I couldn't log in to the account and got the message "your recruitment co-ordinater will contact you at the earliest"...and then this lucky noon I recieved the golden call....

Really...all through the wait I hoped it would happen and happen soon....but seriously did'nt ever expect it to be so quick.

Very happy.:)
All of you who are yet waiting...I'm already at prayers, hoping your wait gets shorter and sweeter.

My date of joining is the 5th of April.:):):)

brlewis01
4th Mar 2010, 16:10
Hey everyone!

Just a quick question about an OD.

I applied with Emirates back in '08, online -did the whole thing, uploaded pictures and then finally got a call for an interview but I got the call 2 days prior and could not attend. Forward to today I got an email from them about an OD in NY in March but since this is an OD and is open to everyone I dont know what would be required. Before it was invite only so they knew who would be there but with this???? What do you do? I guess you just bring your CV and pictures and drop them off. Does that sound right?

Milica8
4th Mar 2010, 16:39
As far as I know,you just need your CV (updated) and full length photo of you in business attire.They will let you know what exactly they want from you for the final interview (but if you read few pages back on this forum you will find very useful information).

Good luck!!!

Mari
4th Mar 2010, 17:24
Thanks God! So, at least LovelyAlly read back... (And she wrote one single post... I guess she did more reading than writing...) I was called 7 days after my FI. Just for your information, Honda! I was in Dubai 10 days later as they desperately needed people. Everything is about the demand. It's not about you!!! (They don't care if you wait 7 weeks after your FI... Nobody cares...)

MAZDINI
4th Mar 2010, 20:55
it could be as many people to come in as they want because i think its just for people to drop off there cv until they get called for the assesment day. i dont really know

sorry my bad i thought it just came on emirates career which says kindly note change of venue. do you know what is going to really happen on that day is it just dropping off cv and thats it

snowglobe
4th Mar 2010, 21:00
nah it was originally gonna be at the hilton but they have changed it to the HI theatreland.

I'm not sure what will happen, I called today to check if it was still going ahead (when the AD/OD had been taken off the website for some reason?!) and the lady said it was and I asked her how many days it was over, she told me that emirates have only booked their conference room for one day. So i'm assuming they are planning to do everything on the sunday. Not sure how or when the final interviews will work though ....

edit: or maybe they are just planning to do the cv drop off and they are coming back at a later date for AD and FI. I dont know.

MAZDINI
4th Mar 2010, 21:23
they have asked for us to bring cv and passport size photos and thats all..... right?

snowglobe
4th Mar 2010, 21:33
And full length pictures in business attire. Have a look at what Mari posted something a couple of pages back listing everything you'll need :)

If you make it to the final interview, they ask for colour photocopies of your passport, education certificates and casual pictures. But I'm pretty sure you can post these to Dubai later if you get to the final interview but dont have them on you. All they have actually asked for at the moment are the business attire pictures and cv.

I had my full length pro pictures done today and absolutely HATE them! I'm just not a photogenic person lol.

katakss
4th Mar 2010, 22:20
Thanks for all the information posted here, it has been useful.

I have been reading all of the post from front until the last page to prepare for myself for an OD in Kuala Lumpur last 22nd February.

Unfortunately, I wasn't selected in the initial screening, partly because the appointed agent SASS Atlantic only wanted female candidates only, which all of them get into the holding room and watch the introduction videos and go through the selection process as many stated in this forum, while all the guys (I'm one of them) just queue up and drop in our CV with the person in charge and have a 1 minute short chat.

I did tried to show my best personality, but alas, they didn't call up and I know i failed to make it through the initial screening.

I would like to find out:

Does Emirates recently hires male cabin crew?
I didn't even make it through the initial screening, can I try for another OD immediately or have to wait 6 months?
Anybody attended OD in Kuala Lumpur and made it through the Final Interview?

snowglobe
4th Mar 2010, 22:32
hi, cant help you with the third question but for the first two:

1) Yep they have. I know 2 boys who have gotten the golden call within the last month :)

2) You're supposed to wait 6 months. I'm assuming they must have a way of checking if people have applied within 6 months or there wouldnt be a lot of point in telling people to wait .... lol did that make any sense to anyone other than me??

Roul
4th Mar 2010, 23:53
Hi, Fist of all congrats!!!!! If I may ask you a question, did emirates send any sort of e-mail before the golden call and if yes what e-mail and how much before the call??? Because I am still waiting for my call!!!!!

Thanks a lot:ok:

honda199
5th Mar 2010, 04:47
hey i just got the golden call....date of joining 5 april...so excited

bec beady
5th Mar 2010, 08:16
do you really think they will come back at a later date, i cant see them managing to hold everything in one day! perhaps they are holding the assessment day in another hotel? i did notice they are holding an assessment day in london though on the 16th i think it was? do you think that could be the assessment date they would send us to?

thanks

snowglobe
5th Mar 2010, 09:35
I have no idea. I know that if they dont have TOO many people, they turn ODs into ADs and just start doing the group assessments etc. So maybe they are just planning to do all of that on Sunday (since the conference room only holds about 100 max anyway) and the receptionist I spoke to when I booked my room said that she was surprised the hotel hadnt booked up yet so it probably wouldnt be that busy (but of course people could live locally and just go home, or could be booked into another hotel).

tbh i would've thought Glasgow would be a really busy open day since its the only time Emirates ever come to scotland and its the only open day they have in the UK.

so confused. We'll find out on sunday i suppose! :)

safoan19
5th Mar 2010, 11:04
hi,
anybody can tell me please about initial screening with appointed agency.i mean how to pass the initial screening?actually what they look at this stage? what is the best way to succeed?

any comments please tell me.

thank you.

honda199
5th Mar 2010, 12:25
how do you download medical form ... when i click on the link nothing happens....

audrey126
5th Mar 2010, 13:14
Hi guys,

Regarding the medicals, i sent all my forms and exams under the portal. Now I have to send as well an electrocardiograma, an audiogram and a clinical examination (appendix 2).
I don't know where to find the clinical examination form, that one isn't in the pre-employment medical form.:ugh: I sent them an email and waiting for their reply.
Anyone is the same situation??

snowglobe
5th Mar 2010, 13:58
How important are the photos? Everyone I've shown mine too says pretty face but the pic does nothing to show off your figure.
My casual pics show it off though so will it be ok?
Scared!!

honda199
5th Mar 2010, 14:18
they dont need a model to show off figure...they need a pretty face and a good personality ...so its fine ...my photos were also not that good but i got the golden call...keep faith in ALLAHA ...everything will be fine

S.A
5th Mar 2010, 14:37
I have also just seen that they now require additional medical tests to be completed. Just as I thought I had finished!!!

LovelyAlly
5th Mar 2010, 15:35
I got the golden call yesterday!!!!!:)

Unbelievable!

I've been waiting for this moment for a long time...
It was... just my biggest dream!!!!!!!!

Thanks god...

All the best for everybody!:ok::ok::ok:

(My DOJ is 12th of April. Does anybody has same DOJ with me???)

Chessnut
5th Mar 2010, 16:14
Congrats to all who got the golden call
unfortunately after a month I got the rejection email 2day
I really thought I would get it, but I didn't...
Oh well, everything happens for a reason! :p

audrey126
5th Mar 2010, 16:22
S.A.

Hi, nice to see someone is in the same situation;) Do you have received the clinical examination form??
If yes, could you maybe send it to me as i haven't received it yet and haven't hear from my HR coordinator.That would be fab!! thanks

S.A
5th Mar 2010, 17:20
audrey 126, I havent received anymore forms unfortunately!!
Sorry - we in the same situation!

sensible2k4
5th Mar 2010, 18:04
Hi there, been reading this thread for a while now, thought it was about time i showed myself!

Heading to Glasgow on the 7th for the Open Day. Taking my CV, photos and dressing smart :)

Is anyone doing anything else to prepare for it? I read that the hotel is only booked for one day, so I wonder where, if we are lucky enough, the interviews would be?

Another question I have is if we get invited for an interview the day or two after the open day, do we need to have all the photos and photocopies ready there and then, or can we send them later on after the interview? Taking professional photos takes time to arrange!

Good Luck everyone, see you Sunday :)

snowglobe
5th Mar 2010, 18:32
hi there, i'm going on sunday. Have no idea where or when the interviews will be held though? Maybe they just use a different, smaller room in the hotel so havent needed to book the conference room for that. Should I call and ask?

I dont think you need to take anything, you can post them out to Dubai after your FI, a lot of people wont have anything like that handy because they'll have travelled from other countries etc.

Are you local? I hope I've booked my hotel for enough nights! Kind of have no money left after hotel, train, suit, photos etc etc on top of my own rent and bills lol so hopefully wont have to pay for any more nights!

marcorix
5th Mar 2010, 20:33
is the assessment day the day after the open day??? or can they arrange it on another date?

Thank you very much in advance... :)

tori10
5th Mar 2010, 22:50
I have the same thing. My date of joining is 15th of March and now they have just put 3 more things in the medical that I have to do - just when I thought I had uploaded everything! I can even get in to the medical forms to download them so a bit worried. Have you managed to download the Audiogram or ECG?

vespaet3
6th Mar 2010, 01:27
Hi there,

Did you receive the final approval and advise to resign email before they asked for extra medicals?

tori10
6th Mar 2010, 03:19
No I didnt. I had Emirates calling and emailing me early last week asking me to urgently get the rest of my forms uploaded however I couldn't get them in till Thursday. I looked this morning to see the 3 new forms in the pending documents. I wonder if it is the new standard??......I am stressing out as I am suppose to be flying out on the 15th and still haven't got the ok! Frustrating! :ugh:

vespaet3
6th Mar 2010, 05:00
All the extra medicals mentioned above were included in the standard medical list early last year before my application was put on hold. I nearly had them all this year, as I used the same forms as last time, not realizing they'd been changed. I was actually in the doctor's clinic, booked in for my audiogram and ECG before I looked at the new forms I had just printed out!

After just a few months with simpler medicals, EK has apparently decided they require the ECG and Audiogram again. I hope I don't have to pay for them to be done when I get there.

audrey126
6th Mar 2010, 05:17
Hi Vespaet 3,

Do you have the appendix 2 clinical evaluation form? if yes, could you maybe send it to me? That'd be great. I called HR several time but I can't get hold of them.
Thanks and good luck with your medicals.

tori10
6th Mar 2010, 07:26
Thanks for the vespaet3, it makes sense now :o) No doubt you will have to have them over there when they give you the full medical, but at least you didn't have to pay for them here! What is your joining date??

Zabibi
6th Mar 2010, 09:07
Please can somebody kindly tell me. If I can't attend an open day in my country, can I still go to an assessment day in the same country (although it's not specified when it is, just OD) ? ? Could they shortlist me for an AD the day after the OD although I didn't attend it? ..I can't go to open day due to the christening of my friend's child...:sad::confused:
Thank you so much.

lucy21
6th Mar 2010, 13:02
Hi all,

I see from your posts that EK want the ECG and Audiogram again, I didn't have to do it as i joined Dec 09 however they did the audiogram in the clinic when I arrived and i wasn't charged for it - they also did a vaccine and never charged me for it - as far as I'm aware none of my friends were charged either, hope that helps :o) x

Cinta
6th Mar 2010, 14:34
hey everyone! i have my AD tomorrow and I was wondering do Emirates need to see your high school certificate and birth certificate? because the only thing I have with me is my passport and a certificate 3 i obtained after college..:confused: any help would be appreciated , Thanks guys!!

because I am from australia but living in dubai now and everything is back home in aus!! :(

Dessa
6th Mar 2010, 14:59
Heyy LovelyAlly an F.A

My DOJ in on 12 of aprill...sooo happyy!!!
See you in Dubaiiiiiii!!!!
Good luck which the medicals..it took some time for me!
And congratulations!!!!

Aurora-Beti
6th Mar 2010, 19:19
Hey Guys!!

Any one going on the 8th of March?
I am just packing, getting ready for Dubai and Emirates:)

Mari,
Question, I have been to Dubai before but just for 2 days, can you tell me what kid of clothes should I take with me and also if Al Nahda is a good location to live in?

Cheers

Mari
6th Mar 2010, 20:32
Aurora,

I sent the answer to your pm.

As I wrote: the location is NOT considered good.

However, there is no need to panic.

The building is nice, well, bathrooms are... well, horrible - compared to other bathrooms I've already seen. Mostly shared bathrooms, small, no stowages to put your lady stuff somewhere, and very poorly made. Only 2 apartments on the floor have 2 bathrooms, the others have only 1, so you need to share. (Frustration and conflicts for sure.)

Good thing: two people share a flat, so only one flatmate. I'm sure some of your batchmates will be around: either in this building or in the other buildings in Al Qusais. At least you have a supermarket downstairs...

It's OK, you can get used to it. Surely, not the best location...

No need to worry just yet: you figure your strategy out after the training. I think you are quite prepared after my mail. Maybe it will be better than you can imagine it right now.

All the best!

Note:
do not rely on my information and opinion only! I'm pretty sure (I remember from this forum) that there were other people who got Nahda (it's the building) and Qusais (it's the district in Dubai) before on pprune. You might want to find them and write to them. Although, you won't as you are coming in two days... It would be better to hear the new-comers' opinion as I see things differently. I've been here too long...

People are sooo different. All these different nationalities and background... It's so hard sometimes... I really don't know if you believe me now...

I experience very strange things...

Some people are so naiv and lost: it's fine if you are very young and never lived abroad. But: you need to fight for things here and you need to adapt if you want to keep this job for 1-5 years.

However, some people are overconfident! There was a girl who was removed from duty on one of my flights. It was her first operational flight after the supys. (I think I'm not allowed to discuss safety issues here, so I cannot write down the story in detail.) She made a mistake which was considered a huge mistake as safety was involved. But: instead of realizing it and listening to her colleage (only G2 but flying for a year!), she was arguing!!! Arguing! I just don't get it: why the hell would you question someone who is much higher in seniority? I just don't understand this attitude.

And some of them even question their seniors. Why do you need an argument? Why do you need a de-brief or going to the office on your off day?! Why can't you just let it go?! Don't worry, you will be a senior one day and you can do whatever you think is right.

It's only my opinion. I think you should gain some experience (like 1-2 months), figure out how things go here and then take the initiative to come up with new ideas. And wrap it "well". I'm saying this to the experienced cabin crew, as well. Never mention "at my former airline we used to...". They won't like it...

And please, do not dance half-naked on a table, in the hotel, on a lay-over! You might get reported by the hotel staff or a crew member. And you might get fired. (Imagine, I'm so paranoid that I don't even get drunk with the crew any more...) Oh, and do not knock on the door of the hotel room of the handsome F/O at night either... Fortunatelly, they usually have a good sense of humour but you never know...

priscillia06
6th Mar 2010, 20:52
Hey$$

someone else joining on April 26th ? :)

maria16
6th Mar 2010, 21:32
hi everyone...i'm new here, this is my first post..and...unfortunately, i've just received my reject email...:{:{:{ i need to wait for another year!!!! more patience!
let me share my experience, it is my 4th try, and this is the only time that i got in for FI. i hope this experience that i am going to share will help others... I have just attended an AD at manila last oct. 2009, so it means, I reapplied in less than six months.:ugh: I really thought the RO wasn't able to knew about it, but 11 days after my FI, the agency here in Singapore called me to verify if I have attended an AD last october... she said because the RO in manila recognized me. I don't know hhow she can still remembers me, because I only made it until first stage. anyways, I hope this will be a lesson to others..:= I'm not sure if my unsuccessful application is due to it, ot not, because it took them almost two weeks from the time they verified it to me before they send me the reject email.
but definitely i will wait for a year now, and not to risk again..:ouch:
I am just bothered, if anyone can hellp me please.. if i reapply after a year, would i still get the chance to be selected, or they will consider again what i did, i'm afraid i will get less chances now..:(
hi mari, any advice? do I still need to pursue my dream.
any advice will be greatly appreciated.
thanks a lot!!!

Mari
6th Mar 2010, 22:13
Oh, maria!!!

I'm soooo sorry!

I had no idea...

Yes, your post is really helpful.

Well, this question comes up here all the time and I really never was able to give a CLEAR answer.

Let me clarify for the record: did the recruitment officer recognize you during the interview or later OR you were registered somewhere (by the agency or Emirates)?! Which stage were you let go the time before?

And you went through an agency previously, right?

It's a very complicated question and I was thinking about it quite a lot.

On the homepage it says:

Candidates are short-listed and undergo an initial screening. Many will then be asked to participate in assessment exercises. Finally, those identified as having potential will be called for an interview. Candidates who fail to make it through the initial screening process may reapply after six months; those who are not successful after the interview may reapply after one year.

So, here what I think:

If it's an AD (London for instanse) you go through a selection by the agency. You get short-listed. If you make it to this point, you go through the initial screening. If you fail, even after the first round, you have to wait 6 months.

If they didn't choose you the first place (you were not even short-listed!), I would try it again as soon as possible.

If it's an Open day and you drop your CV (hundreds of people) and you won't make it to the screening (aka group discussions: 40-80 people during 1 or 2 days), I would keep trying and go for another OD, even the next week if it's nearby. If you make it to the group discussion: you need to wait 6 months, even, if you fail after the first round (introduce the person on the right).

If it's an OD but only 40-80 people attend and they make it an AD, you fail the first screening, I think you have to wait 6 months.

That's what I think, that's how I figured...

I'm so sorry again and I hope you will SUCCEED next time!!!!!!! My advice?! Well, competition is crazy in Asia... Can you try it somewhere else????? (When I applied - in the very ancient times - nobody heard of Emirates in Eastern-Europe. I didn't have such a big competition like you! Korea, India, Malayshia, Singapore, Japan, Beirut, Thailand, Philippines: thousands apply, it's very hard to get through. It's much easier in Europe. Serbia is the worst on this continent with 4-500 people attending an OD.)

katakss
6th Mar 2010, 23:12
I'm sorry for you Maria. I'm from Malaysia, male candidate who failed to make it to initial screening in an OD 2 weeks back.

Thanks for your information Maria & Mari.

I thought I need to wait for 6 months after my attempt for OD in Kuala Lumpur, but according to your post Mari, I just dropped in my CV and had a short chat with the agency person in charge and they say will call if I'm shortlisted. But alas, they didn't even call up.

The Singapore agency only wanted female candidates in their OD, this makes male candidate less chance to make it into the FI.

Any idea does OD in Cebu or Manila, Philippines and Australia accept and screen male candidates?

Anyway, I'll try again as soon as possible any OD or AD (if I'm invited).

maria16
6th Mar 2010, 23:49
it was actually a different ROs, the agency said the RO that interviewed me here in singapore said that the RO that did the assessment in manila recognized me. i'm just surprised coz i only made it up to the first group discusion at AD. yah, i have to reapply after 6months, but i risk...huhuhu because i have a friend in EK that told me its possible, just use a different account and email add...which is also weird because they sent the reject email at my my previous EK account not the new one..hehe i guess because it is still active.
anyways, i can't turn back the time now, but have to move on and get ready for next year..hehe
btw, mari, i'm thinking if its better if i'll at dubai...some people said its better and eadier to apply there. is it a good idea? thanks.

to katakss
yes, you can try again, because it's just an OD, in philippines, actually the agency is more strict but still give it a try..

i just thought everything is going fine, because finally i made it to the FI..after 3 AD..hehe

Mari
7th Mar 2010, 00:52
Well, I'm quite confused about all the ADs and ODs and different accounts...

It's still not clear for me if they keep a record or not...

Yes, she recognized you! And what? Is she that evil?????? I don't really think so... They must keep all the records...

I'm sorry, Asia is too complicated with all those agencies. It's more difficult for you, guys.

Maria, you need to wait one year now... Or is it just 6 months as your FI shouldn't have been considered at all?????

Well, I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm lost....... (And standing here without any useful advice or suggestion.)

honda199
7th Mar 2010, 04:35
do you have any idea what test are conducted while we go to dubai...i mean medical test conducted by emirates on us ...is the same or do they have any other test

safoan19
7th Mar 2010, 07:38
hi mari,
as you said that asia is bit complicated with the agency for male applicants, can you say that where we can attend the od, which will be bit easy for males or what we should do?

please any advice will be appreciated.

thank you.

Mari
7th Mar 2010, 11:22
Honestly, I have no idea. You should search other forums about this topic in your mother tongue and ask around in your community, try facebook and try to find blogs. (I'm not willing to give out any names.) I heard that there is a forum for Koreans, for instance, where they discuss everything about the recruitment process and gossip, of course.

EK_CC_TOBE
7th Mar 2010, 11:23
is there anyone here going for osaka pre-screening this March 14? i already applied online but haven`t received invitation email yet, I checked my status and it says from APPLIED to APPLICATION UNDER REVIEW.

Cinta
7th Mar 2010, 13:52
Hey everyone, i had my AD today here in Dubai, and I was successful!
Out of 60 people only 8 got in, 3 girls and 5 guys!
I have my final interview in 2 days :)

YAY!!:)

EKIRELAND
7th Mar 2010, 15:13
Hey there everyone,

I attended final interview 2 weeks ago, and my status on the online careers website has changed from "Approval in Progress" to "You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest" ....Anyone have any thoughts on this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone who has applied!! :ok:

gerjana
7th Mar 2010, 18:13
Hi, if you read back you will find that this is a good sign and you will be contacted soon from one of the EK HR team. So just wait for the golden call- you are in :)...
I hope the same thing will happen to me soon! Congrats

Polyanka
7th Mar 2010, 19:37
My update
I waited for 6 weeks.....after 6 weeks and 1 day I have contacted the local London recruitment office and the lady who was doing my FI interview said she will chase my application in Dubai. She called me back within an hour and told me that my file was pending due to lacking of my previous address information and she asked me to email it to her urgently, as I did.
It was on Tuesday last week. Today my application status has changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It says I will be contacted by my recruitment coordinator in the earliest!

Finalyyyyyyyyy..............yohooooooooooooo!
Now I am waiting for THE CALL!!! It is moving.....I hope I will get the call!:}:}:}:ok::ok::):):)
i am so hapy it changed...I was screaming when I saw it....

Good luck to everyone!!!! Will keep you apdating...

Ksyusha
7th Mar 2010, 19:37
hey,guys!

could anybody help me? if you got some messages from HR Dept. with the phone number-could you please write me the number? have some questions: I passed AC and had to go to Dubai for the training already but there were some curcumstances and I refused in the very last moment..just wanted to ask them about my situation...Thank you in advance for your help!:)

Roul
7th Mar 2010, 20:29
Hi there I did my FI on the 15th of Feb, I had an account before on the careers site of Emirates but for no simple reason it isn't leaving me to access it, I went to an OD without an invite, do you know how can i see my status online in that matter???

EKIRELAND
7th Mar 2010, 22:41
Hi Roul,

What does it say when you try to log in? are you getting "You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest" message?? If you are, then according to recent posts, you have passed the final interview, like me! Just need to wait for the phone call from HR now. Best of luck!

F.A. again
8th Mar 2010, 10:09
About medicals...
If you have already called them and they have said everything was fine with your medicals, that means EVERYTHING IS FINE.
If they said, you don't have to do anything, that means you don't have to worry either.
Just need to wait. Which i know is a pain....but what else could you do?

For me it took a week to obtain my final approval. (Although I have also called them to make sure my forms went through /rather just to make myself calm down...anyway...After my call they've checked my documents and advised me to resign.) One of my friends got the final appr. after 2 days she sent the forms....
Therefore I can't tell you how long would it take for you...
But I really don't think you should worry!
If THEY said so...

:ok:

rise-up
8th Mar 2010, 14:49
Congratulations to everyone who have made it through!!

What is the latest accomodation being offered to new joiners?...are they all being put into a particular new spot or is it just random?

Thank you.

mr beees
8th Mar 2010, 23:17
Hi Guys,

Just wondering are there any Irish girls headin out to Dubai in April?:)

mimi_fly
9th Mar 2010, 04:26
thanks for your response, i just cant calm myself down,...anyway, how are they going to contact me?? are they going to call me again?? or just send me an email..are you on your training now?????x

martime
9th Mar 2010, 07:16
Hi everybody!

I just would like to ask if somebody knows what means status Under Review.
I did my FI 28.2. but my status didnt change at all since I have applied for OD.
Does somebody knows what does that mean?
Another thing is,I have sent all my missing files to them 2 days after my FI but I had some troubles sending it so wrote them an email asking if they received it and I had no answer.Do you think is better to call them and ask or I just hope it arrived?

Thank you for the answer.
Good luck to everybody!!!

Ekhopeful
9th Mar 2010, 08:07
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I had my FI yesterday and it was good. In my group, we were four out of 94 can you believe it???????????? I'm hopeful and having faith that i'll get the job. The previous day (5th March) AD had 6 people make it to their FI, so in all we were 10 out of about 200 people. Will update you when i receive the call (yaaaaaaay) or the email (hopefully not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I can't stop checking my email and the group careers site. People pleaaaaaaaaase pray for me cos i really need this job. P.s the AD started at 10am. Video introductions, Q&A, Group discussions (3 things not on the person on your right's CV) and reach test, elimination (12 out of 94), english test very easy (9 out of 12), group discussions (make a documentary about social vices 4 out of 9 remained). FI was very ok. Cracked jokes with r.o (2 to 1 interview), told them stories based on Ghanaian culture with respect to their questions (they requested for the stories and seemed fascinated). WISH ME LUCK GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

ooOLAoo
9th Mar 2010, 08:18
Is there anybody else for 12th of April except:
1. F.A
2. LovellyAlly
3. Dessa
4. and me ? :)

EKIRELAND
9th Mar 2010, 08:46
Just got my call from emirates at 9.30am GMT. Start date of May 17th!! Im so delighted!! :):):)

Best of luck to everyone who applied! :ok:

F.A. again
9th Mar 2010, 10:05
ooOLAoo!
As far as I know Nav747 is also coming with us!
Aren't you, mate?

Mimy fly, as you can see, we are just planning to go. So I'm not on the traning yet. (But can't wait.....I've downloaded the workbook yesterday...it's dead exciting! :) )
I think they gonna text you and email you at the same time with the final approval.
It's just matter of time! Hold on!

Polyanka
9th Mar 2010, 10:20
yes!!!! Just got it today!!!! 7 weeks and 1 day!

My date of joining is 19th of April. From Gatwick!!!!

I am so happy........so I will catch you up guys who is going on 12th!

Good luch to everyone!
Medicals starting.......now:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

gerjana
9th Mar 2010, 11:27
Hey guys,

Polyanka and EKIRELAND congrats on the golden call :)

EkHolpful I am at the same position as you,waiting and freaking out! So lets pray for the best and see each other on the training in Dubai!

My status at the moment is APPROVAL IN PROGRESS and I was reading that this isn't a good or bad sign! My interview was a week ago and I was surprised to see how fast they are with the documents. So I am hoping this week to find out if I am going or not.

P.s- I wish luck to everyone who is waiting like me!

mimi_fly
9th Mar 2010, 12:59
congrats polyanka!!!

i wonder if im the only one here who has april 1 as DOJ??

LovelyAlly
9th Mar 2010, 13:08
:DCongratulation!
You've been waited so long time )
Make your day! haha.

Wow. it's good to see some new joiners in here... how has same DOJ(12th of APR) with me! I'm so excited!

Today I did Medical test.. also I got two vaccinations.
I desperately hope nothing problem with my medical test.... !!!!

Ekhopeful
9th Mar 2010, 13:31
Then you're going to be called soon. Mine was yesterday and I'm freaking out. Can't stop checking my email and emirates account. Hope to see you in Dubai. Will keep you updated

E.K Eire
9th Mar 2010, 14:01
My DOJ is also April 12th. In the middle of doing medicals at the moment:} Had the final interview on 17th Feb & got the golden call the following Friday.:)

coffindodger
9th Mar 2010, 14:17
Emirates, the biggest Arab carrier, on Tuesday said it will hire 2,000 more cabin crew members to support its growth and operations this year.

The Dubai-based international airline has added 14 aircraft to its fleet in a year since March 2009, raising it from 131 to 145, as it showcases its success at the International Travel Bourse that kicks off on Wednesday in the German capital of Berlin.

"Around 660 cabin crew and more than 60 pilots have been recruited by the Dubai-based carrier since March 2009. It is expected that a further 2,000 cabin crew will be hired this year," the airline said in a statement on Tuesday.

The airline also said, it has invested more than Dh266 million ($72 million) in airport lounges to date

gulfnews : Emirates to hire 2,000 cabin crew members this year (http://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/emirates-to-hire-2-000-cabin-crew-members-this-year-1.594262)

Wewe
9th Mar 2010, 14:50
Hi:-) My DOJ is also 12.Apr :-) cant wait!! :-)) see you in Dubai :-D

spontaneous
9th Mar 2010, 19:16
Even my application status says "Approval in progress". :bored:

I just really prey that they will see something in me and give me another chance despite of my performance at the Final Interview and believe me............. I will not let them down:ok:

Staying hopeful and wishing good luck to everybody:)

Drukyul
10th Mar 2010, 06:07
Hi!
I had my open in Feb 2010. So far all I got is an email with the grooming and image form to be filled out. Thats it!!!
Is that a good sign??? Did you go through the same process?
I am going out of my mind thinking about it.

Thanks

martime
10th Mar 2010, 06:30
Hi everybody!

I just would like to ask if there is still a chance for me to get the Golden Call even if my status didnt change and still says Under Review?:confused: It has been 10 days since my FI.

Thanks for the answer!

gerjana
10th Mar 2010, 08:15
Of course there is still a chance. You have been waiting only for 10 days and they may call you tomorrow or in the next 3-4 weeks. It is really different for everyone so just be patient and do some other stuff while waiting :)

tori10
10th Mar 2010, 09:03
That is a very good sign...I got my image and grooming form 4 days before I got my acceptance....joining on 15 March....GOD LUCK!!! :o)

gerjana
10th Mar 2010, 09:27
Heyyyy

I have just tried to log in but I couldn't and it is the same message You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest . I guess they will call me in few days....I am so excited :)
I will write again soon :)

Roul
10th Mar 2010, 09:38
Hi Everyone....I have an account on the careers site but it is not leaving me to access it. everytime I try to log in it tells me that the user name and password are incorrect... Even if I try to do a new account on the same e-mail address it also tells me that the e-mail address is already in use. And when I do the forgot password it also tells me that it is invalid. Anyone has an Idea what should I do or whom should I contact, you have an e-mail address for emirates IT??????? Thanks a lot

katty
10th Mar 2010, 12:25
Hi... with regards to your question it took me about 3 weeks to get an invite. So dont worry if you dont get an invite for the 16th. They may invite you to another assesment date later in the month..
Wish you all the best and hopefully you may be joining me on the 16th in London. x

relatively_new
10th Mar 2010, 12:43
Hi everyone...firstly, i would like to thank everyone, especially Mari was such a useful posts...my DOJ is on 26th of April but somehow it has changed to 29th of April..and i have submitted my medical report a week ago..I have not heard from them since then...anyone on the same boat as me? kindly advise if you know what to do..thank you in advance :-)

mimi_fly
10th Mar 2010, 13:52
anyone here with me???

still havent got a reply for my final approval...just cant help thinking something might went wrong...hopefully evrything will be fine..

anyway, anyone can tell me if what is the process of the medical that Emirates will going to do? like how do they check you hearing level, do you need to have urinalysis (as i didnt do it on my own medicals) and so on..

since im from dubai, does our joining date the day you move to accomodation or temporary one? as i need to tell in advance if im moving out or not,.....

just been reading to last years contract withrwals, and it scared me tooo death,:\.. hope this time are much more stable than those times,,..

hope i get my final approval soon...:Oxxx

katty
10th Mar 2010, 17:09
Hi Guys!!
Does anyone here know if it is compulsory to bring 2x professional full length photos with you to the Assesment day? On my inivitation it says nothing about bringing any type of documentation with me, or any photos, But from many people i have been told different.
Can someone just confirm with me what I need to bring?

Many Thanks.x

gerjana
10th Mar 2010, 17:45
Katty, if you are going straight to the Assessment day you have to bring your CV and 2-3 individual photos. When you are successful at the end of the day they will give you guidelines on whet documents and photos you need for the FI! I hope this information is helpful and wish you good luck :)

maco
10th Mar 2010, 19:29
Yes, it is normal t speak in english here. I think you don't have to be afraid , it can't be so hard.I attended the assesment day with qatar, but unfortunately i failed the group discussion...i was afraid to speak in english even tough i passed the english exam.This time i won't be afraid again.I think i'm prepared thanks to all the users of pprune and the other forums.You don't have to think you won't pass....Let's go and see what will happen.This is my id if you want to contact me:madalina_agighioleanu@yahoo

EKIstanbull
10th Mar 2010, 20:11
Hi guys,

I'm new at this forum.My final interview was today.How do i check my application status ? And im planning to email them my casual photos. Is that okey? Someone Please Help !!!!!

I'd be very appreciated...

Thank you in advance

pacho614
11th Mar 2010, 04:16
Hi there Im in the same situation, did you go to the LA OD? Keep in touch so we can chat I know that someone from the LA OD received the golden call 2 days ago just after she received the uniform form. I think we are close to get there, feeling so impatient here too:eek:

Mari
11th Mar 2010, 07:49
You, guys were in LA??? How was it? How many people showed up? Did you do any spelling and IQ test like in NY in 2008? How many people made it to the FI? (Any bilingual people, what kind of background?)

Can you, please write something about this OD?

ev30
11th Mar 2010, 09:55
Hi there, I went to the LA OD, but I was in the group that had to wait for the final interviews. I just found out that I'll have mine next week. Can you pm me? I'm curious to know who you are. :p

Mari: About 147 people showed up for the open day and there were 23 of us for the final interview. As for tests, only those who didn't attend high school in the u.s. had to take the test. (Not sure what was involved because I wasn't in that group, but I think it was only an essay). As far as I know, a lot of people flew in to attend and I have no doubt a lot of them were billingual. I'll update more later, as I'm at a friends right now. ;)

mimi_fly
11th Mar 2010, 10:19
hi guys! just to let you know, i just got my final approval this morning, they text and email me.. it has been 11 days of waiting since i pass my medicals to them.. now im advice to resign... im so excited now...

anyway,,.still got a question..can someone please answer me...please..

my DOJ is april 1 and my training starts on april 8, when am i going to move to the accomodation??? and when will i know where it is?...

Ekhopeful
11th Mar 2010, 11:53
In Ghana we filled an image and grooming form as well as a uniform form, my question is whether its the same form that is sent as an email or a different one? Also 10 out of about 200 people were selected for the FI, how many would you speculate would be called?

Mari
11th Mar 2010, 12:29
It could be 10 but not likely. 4-8.

LovelyAlly
11th Mar 2010, 12:30
I've got good news from hospital today.. I'm toally healthy enough to working in Emirates Airline~ Yeah!!!!
All i need to do is just scanning all of my documents and upload it on the candidates portal.

But here is one problem... Even I didn't upload my Documents for security, portal said I've done.... :eek: But it's impossible cuz i don't have any copy of passport and photo neither!
I asked about this problem in Portal QnA but they didn't answer it until now...

I know tomorrow and day after tomorrow are holiday in Dubai.. so I'll try to call to Dubai at Sunday.. I hope nothing wrong with this small problem!!!!

Anyway, Have a nice weekend!!!!!! Olleh~!~!~!~!:ok::ok::ok::ok:

wanttoflyhigh
11th Mar 2010, 12:34
Hi,

I had the same problem - and I also asked about it on the candidate Q&A section about 10 days ago - but still no response.

But when I thought about it the documents required for security checks are: Passport copy and passport size photos - and we have already handed them in at the final interview - which is why we dont have to do it on the portal... Or so, I think.

Ekhopeful
11th Mar 2010, 12:40
Thanks for the answer. I seriously hope all 4 from my group makes it since in Ghana it took 2 days. What about my question about the image and uniform forms?

Bill_Australia
11th Mar 2010, 13:24
Hi ,

Im just wondering i have read through heaps of forums , Im just wandering what photos to take with C.V with me , i just hear all different things , Anyone from Australia tell me what they took with them .

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ! :O

gerjana
11th Mar 2010, 13:33
Hey guys,

I've got the golden call today.I am so happy I can't stand on my feet! Now I am waiting for the medical papers. Hopefully everything will be fine with them too :)
Have a nice one

Ekhopeful
11th Mar 2010, 13:55
Congratulations. Hope mine would be as quick as yours and successful too. How many days after your FI did your online status change? I'm going crazy

gerjana
11th Mar 2010, 14:04
Ekhopeful,
It has been just one week...but I guess it really depends on them. Some got the call after a month, some after a week (like me). So there is nothing else you can do but wait:). I keep my fingers crossed for you :)