View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VI

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

RubyLee
16th Nov 2009, 17:00
thanks riverplate plate - i wil let ya all know as soon as i hear anything. they called me about 2 weeks ago, after my final interview, to ask me a few more questions and then said my application was going for approval - and i have to wait to see if it is approved and thats was all....still waiting..... good luck.

flygirl85
16th Nov 2009, 17:52
sorry but youre freaking out lol but i dont blame you. i just talked to a guy who works for them and he had to wait 5 weeks for his call but then was told his start date right away. im really positive about my FI and havent heard from them. I know of a few people who got the rejection email 2 weeks after the AD but i didnt get one so i think its a good sign. theyre probably just deciding what training date to offer you. my AD was in late october too, 24th i think (the london one, not sure about the date??) so its only been 3 weeks. i totally understand youre freaking out though, its completely understandable. i got a number in dubai you can call if you absolutely dont want to wait anymore, private message me if you want it. i was gonna call but decided to wait till the 6 weeks are over. in the meantime STOP WORRYING :p

vespaet3
16th Nov 2009, 19:17
I think the sooner you can join, the faster you get the call. When I was waiting the first time around, it took over 7 weeks to get the call after my FI. I think that was because I said I couldn't start for about 3 months. Seems calls are made to those with the closest join dates first. What do you guys think?

jaye
16th Nov 2009, 19:51
yeah that makes sense. I suppose if you have people who only need to give 1 weeks notice, and people who arent available for 3 months, it would make sense to put the people who are available soonest at the top of the phone call list.

RubyLee
17th Nov 2009, 02:08
ahh i am available now and i live in dubai lol i am already here - can not get much closer then that hahahah but ah not to worry whatever is meant to be will happen :)
flygirl85 i will not worry about ringing them just yet - i will wait for them to get back to me, unless it takes longer then 6 weeks of course.
Thanks everyone. xx

shez
17th Nov 2009, 07:40
I am not happy to tell you this but i have to because it can help those who are waiting.I did my interview 5 Oct i together with my friend ,she got a regret letter today from emirates so keep on waiting maybe they are palnning the training dates.

i am bored for my friend but i am also waiting

iio78
17th Nov 2009, 09:15
hi guys, just to let you know,
in this part of the world (sofia ad 3 people and 1 paris od) no sign yet from the recruiters. dates for fi were around 25th of october so almost 3 weeks now. goooood luck to all

pri221084
17th Nov 2009, 09:18
It's not entirely true about the golden call wait, in my case at least. I had my interview in mid October and told them I wanted to start as late as possible. They called me 1 month after my FI with a DOJ of Dec 28, which is not even two months since my FI. Obviously I accepted the offer but I'm not prepared!

shez
17th Nov 2009, 10:47
I called two of my friends as well they got the regret letter today :E

RubyLee
17th Nov 2009, 12:22
they probably have no system and just to it when they can and we sit here and analyze every individuals case referring it to our own lol... so silly haha.

RiverPlate
17th Nov 2009, 13:43
Funny how on waiting we tend to create lots of theories in order to calm ourselves down :} ( I know , I am like that right now ).

I really hope they call soon , this is driving me crazy! as for around here: No News again!:(

leaviateur
17th Nov 2009, 14:37
Haha! It's pretty easy to tell that we're so desperate lol. The waiting is a killer,
I'm still pretty calm though. I check my inbox everyday to make sure I don't get any rejection e-mail. So... As long as I don't receive an EK @, I'm calm and optimistic.
I think they might be having a difficult time to organize the batches and all the newjoiners and that's why we didn't get any news yet, but we will soon. For yes or no, we will get an answer before Dec. for sure.
Anyways, stay positivo! No news are good news!:ok:

Greets.

flygirl85
17th Nov 2009, 16:49
Soon training will start and then everythings gonna go really quickly! Im positive about it, the 6 weeks arent over for most people yet! :ok:

Aeromar27
17th Nov 2009, 17:52
Don't forget about us rejoiners. All the people that left the company in the past and has tried to rejoin during the time that no training was taking place, have been told to wait as well.

Although i was part of the EK family once, and took it all for granted, i am probably as anxious as you all are about receiving that phone call or email.

Good luck everybody.

Montreal76
17th Nov 2009, 19:32
I remember sweating every night waiting for the call because of the time difference, and waking up early checking my emails...but once I got the golden call the stress really began with all the paper work with the medicals and all, and waiting for EK to reply with an approval for the medicals and sending me the e-ticket to finally join them.

Good Luck to all !

ooo
17th Nov 2009, 20:19
just want to know

so mostly who ever got the reject e-mail
will get it around 2 weeks after final interview.
right?

katakit
17th Nov 2009, 22:11
Hello , how are ya all .

Nice to see cool people here , i was wondering if anyone has attend the Open Day on the 30th Oct,

well , there was CV drop , my Q is any news about that , i am still waiting for them coz they said in 2 weeks , but !!!!

Thanking you .

Hey dear ,,

Sorry for the news that you got , and be sure the nxt will be better ,

i just would like to know , which day you made the OD or it was AD .

Thanks , and good luck.

RubyLee
18th Nov 2009, 00:28
katakit - they didnt email me until after 3 weeks from my cv drop off, even though they said 2 weeks.... INSHULLAH! So keep looking out for it!

Mari
18th Nov 2009, 01:40
ooo,

Your question doesn't make sense! Forget about the others and hope for the Call. Have a glass of good wine! Now!!! I said: now!!!

I'm aware lots of information and lots of gossips about the company.

What I think now - and this is truly my personal opinion - is that:
- Some people will be rejected. The times are gone when Emirates hired non-stop, there were 15-20 open days every month and most of the people were accepted from the final interview. Less recruitment days, careful selection, high standards: that's the reality! (The "good" times will be back if Emirates needs more crew urgently for a longer period of time. When?! You will see on the homepage, I have no idea!) I have a feeling they try to increase the qaulity. How?-I don't really know... I hope we won't become Qatar Airlines but I see some signs...
- Some people might have to wait longer. The reason might be the delays of the new aircrafts. (It might mean the "holding pool" for a while.) As the company tries to cut costs since the recession started, they won't hire people just in case. They want to have the exact number of crew, rather less than more.

Why not?! You can make the people fly 100-130 hours a month for a while, it takes no time to recruit and train new people. The ones who took unpaid leave this year could fly up to 900 hours a year as per regulations: it means, it's OK to fly 150 hours after your unpaid leave. And just for your information: one crew is removed from the A380 (the number of crew required is 23, instead of 24), as 2 crew were removed earlier this year (June) from the Main Fleet aircrafts. Due to the recession (it's not over yet, there might be a second and third wave even) the resignation rate is far lower than the years before.

Latest news I've read:

DUBAI, Nov 17 (Reuters) - Emirates airline expects no difficulties in securing financing for planes bought and scheduled for delivery during this year and next, its chairman said on Tuesday.
Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum told Al Arabiya TV that the airline had good reserves and an "excellent" liquidity position.
The airline plans no lay-offs but is encouraging more than 650 staff to take unpaid holidays of up to three months to cope with the impact of the global financial downturn, he said.

Well, I didn't hear about unpaid leave for 2010 - it was denied but who knows what's going to happen?! I don't!!!
Well, I've read those statements about new orders - are they planning hundred years ahead?! Strange...

As you can see, everything depends on the demand! If they need you, they will call you!

In my personal opinion the likeability factor is there. It's very true.

However, it's easy to spot the excellent candidate on an open day. Expectations are vary...

- A 26-year-old Korean girl who travels from London to Slovakia for an open day. She speaks fluent English and you do understand it. She picked up something from the Western culture as she was waitressing in London and taking care for an old man. She's not that shy, not that closed but bright and cheerful. She stands out with her black hair, perfect white skin and slim figure (47.5 kg) from the crowd.
- A 23-year-old American girl who went to Brasil for 3 months "just for fun" but stuck there for 18 months and attended the EK open day there. Very natural, very open-minded. Surprisingly she actually learnt Portuguese. And got married to a Mexican pilot later on, she bought her wedding dress in DUS on a lay-over.
- A 27-year-old Serbian girl who used to work in New Zeland for 2 years (mainly dealing with horses and guiding tours) then got hired by EasyJet and based in LGW. As she spoke German, she spent 8 months in Berlin (living was cheaper), then back to London (as the new contracts and EU-regulations didn't let her to stay longer in Germany). She actually became a recruiter after completing her studies (HR) in Dubai.
- A 24-year-old Slovak girl who was a nurse but went to Australia for 18 months (following boy-friend) and doing waitressing during studies, then finished a 6-month-contract with a cruise line. She became SFS in less then 3 years after joining the company in 2006.

Summa summarum:
. young
. good-looking (good skin, good legs)
. nice smile (good teeth)
. slim (who cares about bmi?!)
. energetic
. excellent grooming
. preferably tall for girls: over xxx cm
. preferably average for boys: under xxx cm
. fluent English
. relevant customer service experience (at least xxx)
. multicultural background (work and/or family)
. additional language knowledge (preferably xxx)
. customer oriented personality
. team player

As one of my favourite collaguages, Mohamed, used to say: It's not rocket science!

If you have all those above, you have a good chance. But there is still the likeability factor... If you don't make it, try another time, another place, another recruiter.

One of the girls from Eastern-Europe tried it three times. She said: there was no connection between her and the recruiters for the first 2 times. Luckily, there was a Turkish recruiter in Australia (she had lived there since she was 19) for the 3rd time and she made it to the final and she got hired from Perth at the age of 30.

In my opinion, she would have been hired much earlier if she had tried it in Slovakia. You need to shine! You won't shine with your fluent English in the UK or in Australia. Go home for the assessment to show off your background and your language skills!

You need to be at the right place, at the right time. DO NOT GIVE UP!

ooo
18th Nov 2009, 08:29
thank for the answers

yes I do agree.
this time is mine second also. :)

anyway what do you mean by " become Q.... Airways

lucy21
18th Nov 2009, 22:20
Hey all,

18 days till the big move now and I've just notice the ticket and visa on the candidate portal have become hyperlinked but the link isn't working (this happened with medical docs too) anyone else had a similar issue??

DOJ is 07/12/09 and I'm flying from London - PM me if you're with me :o)

Lucy x

kanefinest
19th Nov 2009, 10:23
When is the training???

pinkylicious
19th Nov 2009, 12:26
Hi ye PPruners!!

I sympathise with all those who awaiting the Golden Call after FI or Re-assessment interview like me!

I did my interview on the 16th in Milan and I believe I did it well although I had a few mind blanks lol..but one thing I noticed was that the recruiters seem particular about the candidate's impression on them and the way they answer the questions. This time I believe they are searching for quality and your inner shine and it was nothing like the last FI I had and I was successful last time. I have no reason to think I went bad this time but I want to point out that EK is searching for alot more than last time!

I was told to wait for 4 to 6 weeks...and I hope I dont have to wait long because I said my notice at work is 2 weeks but who knows!

shez
19th Nov 2009, 16:23
I agree with yu Amar 86

@Mari or ALL

i just have a question it has benn two weeks after my interview and today emirates called me and told me the my full length picture was not good.I changed and send to them still they called me and said i should redo .Will i get a regret letter after all this just a question

asianuk1982
19th Nov 2009, 21:50
Hi everyone

Going to a preliminary selection with EK in London soon. Any one know what to expect. Im already so nervous. I worked for an airline before but they dont compare to EK.

Are there any tests to do, written? any advice would be appreciated.

J x

katakit
19th Nov 2009, 22:56
hey SHEZ ,

its good you coz you got the call , but the q is did you send the good one ,

by the way , what can you advice me ,coz i went to the OD on 29th Oct .
still didn't get anything , what do you think they will call still.

thanks an best resgards

shez
20th Nov 2009, 08:10
Well they told me the picture are very nice i need to wear darker make-up and red lipstick.Just hang on my friend was called after 3 weeks.

Mari
20th Nov 2009, 16:32
Shez,

I know that one of my collagues from EK was called to send new pictures. (I read it in her blog. She was hired in 2007 November, though.) First, they wanted another business attire photo. Then they called her again and asked for casual photos, as well. She sent them and she was accepted.

flygirl85
20th Nov 2009, 17:10
my friend got a call (im not sure how long ago) and is starting on the 28th of december. just thought id let you guys know. she was at the same assessment as me 4 weeks ago in london. i havent heard anything from them but it doesnt matter now cause i was offered a training course by etihad and accepted. and im sooooo nervous and excited, starting in 3 weeks! :O

ruukun
21st Nov 2009, 02:29
Just got back from the Sydney OD, more than 200 people showed up, some didn't even know one iota about EK as a company... wow. :ugh:

Some girls showed up in what could never be called business attire, and some guys and girls were on the wrong side of 35 and maybe even 40. Some definite ideal candidates in there though, hopefully they count me as one of them. Because so many showed up we only watched some EK info dvds, had a speech given by the recruiter (nice Aussie girl and another from India i think?), they will call by dinner time tonight based on resumes and photos as to whether we get invited to an AD tomorrow.

Only had about 30-45 seconds one-on-one with the recruiter as we were handing in the resume/photos; not much time to shine but hopefully the resume and photo speak for themselves

Good luck to all!

Ama86
21st Nov 2009, 03:09
I hope you get the call back.... fingers cross :ok:

ruukun
21st Nov 2009, 03:37
I got the callback :} going again tomorrow for AD, group activities etc

yesssssssssss! thanks guys :ok:

RiverPlate
21st Nov 2009, 03:44
So good! congrats! must be thrilled! eat well , sleep properly because tomorrow's gonna be a hectic ( but worth it ) day.

Talking about calls...still no 'Golden Calls' around here...gonna be two weeks since the last time they called anybody and it has been four since the interviews...:(

Any news around the globe? rejection-emails? calls?

ruukun
21st Nov 2009, 04:28
riverplate i wouldn't stress, our recruiter said it's 4-6 weeks for the golden call. if you haven't gotten a rejection mail by now then i'd say you're on the safe side :ok:

RubyLee
21st Nov 2009, 04:44
still waiting here also ahhhhh! and i have a feeling with EID coming up next week + National Day all the public holidays here in UAE will mean we will have to wait even longer... ahhhhhhhhhhh!

FungusAmongUs
21st Nov 2009, 06:28
Hey there,
best of luck for your AD....dont come across as a phoney in front of the recruiters...what happened during the one on one of the OD?how bout sharing with the ppruners...
cheers

ruukun
21st Nov 2009, 07:13
if you're talking to me, i detailed the OD one page back. cheers :ok:

ooo
21st Nov 2009, 08:31
I hope we on the safe side so because we haven't got reject mail........

hope they call,,,,,soon

RubyLee
21st Nov 2009, 15:49
does anyone know when emirates do your security checks? is it after the final interview, before they offer you the job? or after they offer you the job they check???
maybe thats why they are taking so long http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif fingers crossed!!!

Mari
21st Nov 2009, 19:16
Guys, believe me, it's not about you, it's about the aircraft delays.

They call you, if they need you.

RiverPlate
21st Nov 2009, 19:39
What's with all the recruitment and assessments being held the past days then?

A friend of mine who went to an assessment in early november got a call last week , they told him he'd be able to join EK in april due to the high amount of applications being processed and previous batches were already full with previous applicants.

I really don't know what's happening but don't think that airplane deliveries are an issue right now. They are receiving two new A380 and they need around 100-150 new people in average for every new A380.
Also , there were lots of people who didn't get back from the unpaid leave and they need to fill those gaps.

Also noticed they cancelled december assessments, maybe because they already have the people they need ( counting re-interviewed and assessments throughout september, october and november ) to supply any future needs. Don't think they want to create another holding pool as recruitment is expensive for a company just to waste it.

Good news will come soon! Hopefully!

leaviateur
21st Nov 2009, 20:23
Don't think they want to create another holding pool as recruitment is expensive for a company just to waste it.

Totally agree with you. EK had to create a holding pool at the beginning of the year due to the economic crisis that the whole world went through. Now that they're back from it, it's not the case, and they won't just go worldwide recruiting people just in case they need it in the future, it doesn't make sence.
I think that with the last recruitments, they already fill the gaps of those who aren't back from the Unpaid Leave and the ones needed for the new A380s. And remember that apart from the A380, they will receive more 777s.

We just need to be patient a lil bit more. I have faith that a good qty of us are already in, but they need to get everything organized.

Greets and cheer up people!

ruukun
22nd Nov 2009, 00:59
i didn't get thru after the group discussion. God only knows what I did wrong, I tried not to talk too much but to talk just a little bit, I guess it was the wrong strategy for these particular recruiters.

:ugh:

wannaworkupthere
22nd Nov 2009, 03:16
I attended a second final interview in Brisbane November 7th also. I attended three interviews in January when recruitment got cut back and Emirates contacted me again as I had apparently shown potential at the third interview. I was told that they were reassessing my suitability as 10 months had passed. Is this a similar story to yours? Kavita told me I'd hear back in two maybe three weeks. As you know, it was 2 weeks yesterday, so now is the countdown! The recruitment office is open Sunday through Thursday 730-1530hrs so you'll know when to expect the call. Best of luck to you!

shez
22nd Nov 2009, 09:26
They will get back to us i have the faith and regarding the security checks i am not sure but my workmate was called after two days from the final interview .

Fingers crossed the waiting is painful but we wont wait for nothing i hope so.

Mikejr
22nd Nov 2009, 10:23
Originally Posted by RiverPlate
they need around 100-150 new people in

Just Thought that I could be in one of those. :)
@wannaworkupthere: Hang on, dear! You will get through, eventually!

Montreal76
22nd Nov 2009, 11:13
The delays might really be the reason, a lot of us went for conversion to A380 and are now doing stand by duty because there are no flights to put us on ! Hopefully Airbus will get their act together and deliver those damn airplanes .

Good Luck to all !

Ama86
22nd Nov 2009, 13:11
Hey wannaworkupthere I did my FI on the reassessment day the 7th of November in Brisbane as well....what time was your interview and are you in contact with anyone else who did it as well ??

shez
22nd Nov 2009, 15:09
Emirates airline's chairman on Wednesday confirmed that he was considering the possibility of taking on aircraft that have been cancelled by other airlines.
Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, chairman and chief executive of the Dubai-based airline, also said that delivery of some of its aircraft currently on order will be delayed, something he was "not happy" about.
He said that some of the 58 Airbus A380 aircraft on order would be delayed “but will only be for short periods”.
Sheikh Ahmed said the delays may be for one to two months, but declined to comment on the issue of compensation.
At a press conference to launch Dubai Airshow 2009, he also confirmed that Emirates was considering taking on aircraft that other airlines have cancelled due to the global downturn.
His comments follow those earlier on Wednesday by airline president Tim Clark who said the current fleet was operating “flat out”.
He said existing orders had been allocated to new services, prompting the Emirates to assess the ability of Airbus and Boeing to source extra planes.
“We’re sounding out who’s got more just in case we decide to go ahead,” Clark said. “The fleet order we have in place is probably not as big as it needs to be.”
Clark didn’t say how many more planes might be required.
He added that a further five-month delay in the delivery of Airbus A380s could affect Emirates' growth next year.

flygirl85
22nd Nov 2009, 16:37
dont beat urself up about it! i also noticed that only the people who talked most got through but you know, it took me 5 years so be able to become a flight attendant because my parents really wanted me to go to uni first. so what if you have to wait a few more months to go to another assessment day, dont give up if its really your dream. etihad are recruiting and arent there any australian or NZ airlines recruiting at the moment as well?

and that article doesnt sound good, lets hope they are really only 1-2 months delays. the fact that your friend was offered to start in april worries me a bit. thats a long time from now :(

domainau
22nd Nov 2009, 17:56
good luck to everyone who is going to a final interview, or attending an assesment day! or is waiting!! all the best

ruukun
22nd Nov 2009, 19:01
thanks flygirl :) next time i guess i should try to speak up more if it's the same recruiters, i think it really does depend entirely on who is doing the interviewing and how well you connect with them...

and hearing the news about aircraft delays makes me feel a bit better, if some people who have succeeded now aren't starting till april, well that's only one month before i can take another shot at an EK assessment day :ok:

best of luck to all!

katakit
22nd Nov 2009, 20:17
Dear all ,

I went for an open day in Dubai on 29th Oct....

so far , i didn't get any news from them sce that time even thought they said that , (( Don't call us , we will call you in 2weeks , )) .

my pint is , What is the answer would be :

1 _ They will call me and they will say that i have AD
2 _ They will call to regret .or by mai .
3 _ They arenot going to call or email if the applicant is refused .

Please , i am dying to know some cool news from you .:rolleyes:

domainau
22nd Nov 2009, 22:48

RubyLee
23rd Nov 2009, 04:52
katakit, was it an open day? as in cv drop off?
because i know when i went to mine here in dubai, this was just a quick drop of your cv and 2 second hello... then they told us they will contact us if we are to attend the AD. They will not contact you if you are not required for the AD. They do not send a regret email, they just leave it... i know thats what they told us anyway, they told us if we have not heard from them in 2 weeks then we were unsuccessful but then i heard from them like 4 weeks later, so you never know. good luck :)

wannaworkupthere
23rd Nov 2009, 05:31
Thankyou for your wishes Mikejr, I hope that my tenacity does pay off! But so many of us want this, lets just hope that whatever is meant to be is what happens. I hope Emirates is in my future, it's my dream job! Arma86, my interview was at 12 November 7th, noone was there when I arrived or when I left, unlike last time in January. Please notify me if you have any contact from Emirates recruitment or any wonderful news! I'll do the same. My Dad knows a girl who used to work for Emirates and her flatmate attended an interview on the day after we went for ours. She hasn't received word yet either. As soon as I know anything I'll put it on here, likewise I'll be eagerly checking to see what you all know. Continued faith is required!

Ama86
23rd Nov 2009, 13:51
Mine was at 2.00pm in the afternoon on the 7th.... did yours go for long??? When I finished I saw one of the girls from the start of the year waiting to go in after me....I've been in contact with 2 other people that made the final cut like us, they are both waiting for the golden call..... we've all kept in close contact since the reassessment day, I guess its because were all keen to see if we all make it in together or not......I'll keep you posted if we hear anything...I guess you'll do the same....Keep praying.....GOD only knows how much we all want this.... fingers cross:D

Aeromar27
23rd Nov 2009, 15:45
...rejected for rejoin here. Good luck guys.

mccoyDXB
23rd Nov 2009, 20:34
The crew who is operating A380 selected from main fleet only. If you fly in main fleet, you will able to operate 772,773,332,343 and 345 A/C only. That means, you can not operate A380. Rostering of A380 is totaly different than main fleet. A380 fleet will start to fly CDG,ICN and NAA (Tokyo) next year. As I am a cabin crew in EK, there is no change about this issue. Good luck to everyone...

ruukun
24th Nov 2009, 00:15
Emirates to launch services to Tokyo in March 2010 | Emirates | AMEinfo.com (http://www.ameinfo.com/216992.html)

EK launches NRT services 5x weekly from 28/03/2010, on a 777-300ER :ok:

Can i just say also... what i find highly interesting and somewhat strange is the fact that people can get in on their 2nd or 3rd attempt. Which means that with EK's policy of zero feedback on assessment failures, the same people who failed their 1st attempt are most likely approaching their 2nd and subsequent attempts in an identical or very similar fashion and then getting in. Perhaps EK really are testing how hungry candidates are for the job; how bad you really want it...?

Cava Queen
24th Nov 2009, 04:09
Hi guys,

Just felt I ought to give feedback on my experience of the Emirates Assessment day held yesterday, in London.

I’m not sure if you’ll find any of this useful but here is my take on the day.

There were approximately 70 people and only two examiners which I think put everybody on edge in the realization that it would be a challenge to stand-out in this type of environment.

The examiners were ladies in their early thirties - both smartly dressed, well spoken, attractive, slim and blonde.

The initial two hours was an introductory session where they showed videos of the training/accommodation and Dubai lifestyle. They gave insight into the not so glamorous element of Dubai and talked to us at length about what to expect from pay (which ranges between £1,200 and £1,400 per month take home), training (which is now 7 weeks) and crew accommodation which I gathered is of a high standard but as they explained, there are many crew apartment blocks based in Dubai, some central, some miles out of the centre of town.

After that there was a question and answer session. Here I noticed lots of people put their hands up and asked questions for the sake of standing out. Be careful doing this because if the nature of your question is irrelevant or not for the overall benefit of the group they will see through you.

Then there was a reach test followed by the first activity where you had a few minutes to think about what celebrity you would be if you had 24 hours to live as them. You had to speak to the person to your right and present on their behalf. I really don’t think it mattered if you’d have said Paris Hilton or Mother Teresa, they weren’t concerned with the reasons why you may have picked these celebrities and whether you were picking a certain celebrity for their noble characteristics. From what I could demise, they were interested in how you communicated to the people next to you, but most importantly, how you presented the information back to the group. Be careful at this point not to put hands in your pockets, I would advise clasping them in front or behind you, to stand up straight and to look everyone in the eye and be distinct and clear.

The next activity was to devise a plot line, theme and characters for a movie. We were still in our original groups of 17, so as you can imagine everyone was struggling to get their voice heard, it was messy, hard to hear everybody and hard to keep up with the general consensus of the group. I got through this stage but I really don’t know why, I did try not to be too overbearing and show enthusiasm at good ideas, perhaps that was what got me through perhaps it was luck of the draw, who knows.

From approx 70 people to start with and they only invited 26 of us back in the afternoon. A lot of people left angry and thought that the conditions of this interview (in particular the large numbers of groups) didn’t give people the opportunity to shine and I’d be inclined to agree.

Out of the 26 or so that were left there were perhaps only 5 lads. Then it was time for the people who were not native to this country to sit an English test. I would say that there were about 10 people who sat the test and only one person got sent home as she didn’t pass.

I would say of those left, ages were a mixture of early, mid and late twenties. There was one girl of 32 – I would put her as the eldest. One thing I will say was that most of the girls were blonde and all of the girls were very attractive. There was literately no-body with an extra couple of pounds, I would say all were between a size 6 and 10 – perhaps not even a 10. As for hair styles and make-up, this didn’t matter - up or down, bright red lipstick or an unobtrusive pink lip gloss, it didn’t matter - there was a fair balance of different looks. Some people looked more striking and glamorous in a fashiony sort of way and others in a more demure, classic style.

Then came the afternoon, this was where I fell down. It was another group discussion, we were split into two groups, so they were still large groups in a sense. We had to decide as a team, who out of a list of 10 passengers to downgrade. They all had different circumstances and again you had to negotiate and decide as a group on who to choose and why. Ok what I will definitely say is that I really was surprised at being let go after this round but I know what it was that I did wrong.

Most people will tell you from their experiences not to be too over bearing but what I will say to you is that you do need to voice your opinion. Of course you do need to do it in the right way but they don’t want an airhead who can’t think for themselves and they don’t want a pushover.

I was so concerned with being diplomatic and making comments like ‘interesting point’ etc that I forgot to voice what I really felt. The fact is that I did disagree with a group on one of the points they made but in an attempt to be agreeable I was trying so hard not to argue. I was trying to come across as a team player not someone who goes against the group.

The only other point I would make would be to listen hard to the suggestions and opinions that others make because the exercise didn’t stop there. Once you thought you were through they fired questions at you about what the group had decided on this particular person and you had to answer this on your own.

I must say I was very shocked to be sent home. I don’t mean to come across big headed but I have been offered jobs with Qantas, BA and BMI. I have only actually worked for BA and turned the others down. My point is that I have made it through every airline interview I have ever gone for and I am stunned that the personality traits that got me through those interviews didn’t get me through this. As far as I know I ticked all the right boxes, tried to look smart, elegant, attractive, spoke nicely was nice, supportive and friendly to the group but it wasn’t enough.

I may be wrong but I think Emirates look for leadership qualities in their crew, apparently there are a couple of questions in the final interview that focus on this.

So, don’t be overbearing but do have an opinion and absolutely do get your voice heard.

I’m gutted at the result and have no idea what to do now. I thought the conditions unfair and the standards very, very high - almost unobtainable. I know it sounds daft but I was pretty much packed and ready to go to Dubai! J I had even worked out in my head how to tell my parents and friends, where to have my leaving do etc. I know it sounds silly but it never even occurred to me that I wouldn’t make it to the final stage and I really had prepared so hard for this interview.

I left the venue as white as a sheet and sobbed on the train all the way home and I have been up all night feeling awful - hence writing this email at 5am! I have no idea what to do next. I wanted this job more than anything, I have had Emirates in mind for years and like most of you guys, have been waiting all year for the opportunity of an interview. I have had such an emotional year and really needed a fresh start. Such is life – eh?

So, my advice to anyone would be to go with a realistic view that you may not make it, that way, if you, like me, are unsuccessful it makes the disappointment easier to bear.

Hopefully a lot of this is fierce competition as a result of the recruitment freeze. Perhaps in a year or two thy will hold recruitment days in sensible numbers or at least employ more recruiters so that everyone is given a fair chance.

Sorry for the essay & good luck everyone. I hope this helps you x x

lucy21
24th Nov 2009, 11:41
Hey,
Just wanted to say sorry to hear you didn't get through, I always figure everything happens for a reason and something bigger/better will come along eventually if things don't go to plan.

I have to say I don't think that Emirates will reduce the numbers of people attending the day, there were double the amount of people at my AD in London over a year ago and that was before the freeze on recruitment and there were still only 2 recruiters there, it just seems to be the way they do it.

Very good point on the leadership quality they seem to look for, that last group discussion is used to identify exactly that, the uk forces use the same technique when you're interviewed to be an officer in the navy.

Chin up, things can only get better :o).

Lucy x

Mikejr
24th Nov 2009, 11:46
@Cava Quen: I totally agree with you. Thank you for sharing with us. Next assessment, I will talk louder and I will express my feelings out.
training (which is now 7 weeks)
I would add that graduation will be after probation ( 6 month ) :)

Isabellas
24th Nov 2009, 12:47
Hi..

I'm just wondering, have anyone checked their 'application status'
on the ekgroupcareers website ?
I've been on assessment day and got through to FI and am just waiting for the result on it from them now,
but checked my status on the career website yesterday and it said
''Not Successful'' is this the truth? I'm so gutted if it is :( They didn't
send me any e-mail from Emirates at all... Anyone who got the same
status?`

sugarkissed
24th Nov 2009, 15:19
Good luck to those of you waiting to hear back! :)

I'm 20 days from my DOJ, and getting pretty nervous! Anyone else have a December 14 DOJ?

jaye
24th Nov 2009, 15:59
CavaQueen - dont worry about it. You know what they are looking for now, so give it 6 months and go back even better, ready to show them you have leadership qualities and i'm sure you'll make it! :)

xx

Madelie
24th Nov 2009, 18:36
What about Open and Assessment Days in December? They haven’t posted anything on their website yet. Hope that they aren’t going to stop the recruitment again…

ruukun
24th Nov 2009, 22:34
there's one in athens on the 6th dec...

RubyLee
25th Nov 2009, 02:30
anyone else with feedback after there final interview yet?
still waiting here ahhh
no one has been called in a long time now???

RiverPlate
25th Nov 2009, 02:57
Nothing around here!

No calls nor e-mails!

domainau
25th Nov 2009, 06:19
i know a few people on here that have waited over 5 weeks for an outcome but nothing, has anybody tried getting in contact with emirates recruitment? if so anything said?

shez
25th Nov 2009, 11:02
Yeah better try to call them and check what is the status,they will be closed tomorrow and they will be opening on 1st of december 09 because of the holiday in Dubai .

kanefinest
25th Nov 2009, 19:50
No they wont open at 1st of December because 2nd December is the UAE national day. U have to call them on 4th of Decemeber.

letb
26th Nov 2009, 01:43
hello everybody!

let's say EK calls me and i'm not home, do they call you back or send an e-mail?

domainau
26th Nov 2009, 02:20
hey, recruitment will most likely call you back again or send you an email stating they tried to call you!! when was you final interview letb?

RiverPlate
26th Nov 2009, 16:15
letb:

Take a number and join the club! there are a huge number of people with interviews around three and four weeks before yours that are still waiting for an answer ( that includes me and people from places such as london , brisbane, sydney , manila, tunisia, dubai itself, etc )...

Hopefully answers will come soon but don't stress out that much , it will wait a little more.

Best of lucks! Hopefully our mobiles will ring soon :ok:

letb
26th Nov 2009, 16:25
thank's riverplate!

and thank's domainou too!

have you guys checked you application status on EK's website?

iio78
26th Nov 2009, 19:25
and don't forget paris and sofia

Watersidewonker
26th Nov 2009, 20:06
Dubai in debt will EK have any future ???????

RiverPlate
26th Nov 2009, 20:34
Copied from another forum:

"Hi guys, im from Dubai and had my preliminary interview on 17th Nov,and final interview on 18th nov.....im just waiting for the golden call,as u call it...and im nervous! The Q is, a pal of mine who applied 2wks before me, and we work together in the same office, got the job and her joining date is 31 dec, after her medical and security check.

While on the final interview, the interviewer told me 31st dec is the last confirmed date of DOJ and training,and their training depart are yet to confirm training date after the 311st dec,this might cause a delay in calling me up with either answer YES or NO!! Is anyone else going through the same wait???"

Guess that explains a lot , right?

ruukun
26th Nov 2009, 20:37
As for application status, i failed the 2nd round of group talks a week ago and mine still says "Under Review" online

She did mention however that those of us unsuccessful this time would have our CVs taken back to dxb and we'd be shortlisted from there for next time...

shez
26th Nov 2009, 21:43
Lets hope for the best because if you can look this post BELOW from another person it means they are still doing the interviews so its means they need people.The only problem might be the delay of the aircrafts maybe that what i think.But i am positive and i have the faith that i am going to work for Emirates nomatter the delay of aircrafts.

Check this out
Hi I have recieved an invation for my preliminary in London on the 1st december im soooo excited would be nice to hear from anyone who also has this date good luck to all of thoose ppl who have applied and are awaiting invition to attend sending my best wishes :0)

Keep the faith and we will be blessed by God.

RiverPlate
26th Nov 2009, 21:51
shez

That's Etihad , right?

shez
26th Nov 2009, 22:08
This post i got it from Emirates interviews and Advice i dont know if i made a mistake .

@letb my application status is saying recommended for final review.You know why i am saying that because yesterday one of my friends was called by emirates to come and sign the unifom form we are both in Dubai.She was told to come on the 1st since they will be a holiday.It means they are working on the papers but the training dates are not set why because of the aircraft delays.Thats what i think i dont know:)

rox84
27th Nov 2009, 07:08
Published: November 26, 2009
Global financial markets swooned Thursday, with London seeing its most precipitous drop in nearly nine months, a day after Dubai stunned investors with the news that it was asking banks to allow its main investment vehicle, Dubai World, to suspend its debt repayments for six months.
Dubai, in debt from financing a building boom, is seeking to defer payments.
The announcement — the global high finance equivalent of a homeowner asking the bank to allow six months of skipped mortgage payments, presumably because the homeowner was out of cash — sowed fear of a contagion of instability that could roil markets that are only now recovering from the near cataclysm of the last year.
That possibility sent markets in London, Frankfurt and Paris spiraling downward, even as analysts struggled to explain which fears of contagion were legitimate and which were overwrought.
Some market experts noted, for instance, that while banks that have lent money to Dubai World could suffer significant losses if the company were to default on all or part of its $59 billion debt, worries about the sovereign debt of Middle Eastern countries swimming in oil reserves were unfounded.
“This is another wave of the credit crunch,” said Christopher Davidson, an expert in Gulf politics at Durham University in Britain.
“Dubai was fairly much the worst example of overextension. It had the worst debt per capita in the world by far. I would like to put it down as a really enormous white elephant that doesn’t have much in common with the regular economy of a regular state.”
Still, in the mentality of the market, guilt by association can be a powerful force. Referring to the unexpected weakness at Dubai World, Mr. Davidson said, “It will tarnish the reputation of the Gulf region a bit, and it will certainly make investors more bearish again about emerging markets.”
Like many Western consumers during the good times, Dubai gorged on debt and borrowed too much to finance a building boom that has gone bust in the downturn. When credit markets froze last year, Dubai, like Iceland, found itself overextended. But Dubai, which has no oil, was backed by its Arab emirate neighbors. At least that is what investors had assumed.
The shocking announcement on Wednesday upended the assumption that Dubai would stand behind Dubai World and that other emirates, especially Abu Dhabi, would stand behind Dubai.
On Thursday, the first full trading day in Europe since Dubai’s announcement, the FTSE 100 index in London lost 3.18 percent, to close down 170.68 points. The DAX index in Germany fell 3.25 percent and the CAC-40 index in France lost 3.41 percent. In Tokyo, the benchmark Nikkei 225 stock average, was less affected, falling about 0.62 percent. Markets in the United States were closed for Thanksgiving.
In separate moves that could portend longer-term instability, Standard & Poor’s downgraded Dubai-based banks with heavy exposure to Dubai World, and the Saudi-backed Gulf International Bank postponed a bond auction that was scheduled to be priced this week.
The cost of insuring Dubai’s debt against default quadrupled Thursday.
No one could be certain how destabilizing a default by Dubai World would be — banks have not disclosed their exposure to Dubai World’s debt. But concern in global markets ran high. The dollar fell below 85 yen. The dollar also fell against the Swiss franc, a traditional safe haven, until the Swiss National Bank intervened in the market to bolster the American currency.
“Investors have gone from getting cozy to a sense of serious concern,” said Saud Masud, head of research at UBS in Dubai.
Mr. Masud said negotiators would feel pressure to reach some kind of deal to present to the markets before trading in the region resumes next week after the Eid holiday, because otherwise markets there might fall precipitously too.
Dubai, one of the seven members of the United Arab Emirates, said Wednesday that it intended to ask all lenders to Dubai World, the government’s main investment vehicle, and Nakheel, the conglomerate’s property development unit, to sign on to a so-called standstill agreement and extend repayment deadlines until at least the end of May.
Foremost on the minds of bondholders was the $3.5 billion sukuk, or Islamic bond, that Dubai World had been expected to redeem in December, one of the largest such financial instruments ever issued. Islamic law prohibits the payment of interest.
In Europe, banking stocks fell amid concern that the value of loans to the emirate would have to be written sharply lower. The financial sector declined about 3 percent over all. In London, HSBC Holdings fell 4.3 percent, Royal Bank of Scotland declined 4.2 percent and Barclays fell 3.9 percent. Deutsche Bank lost 4.2 percent in Frankfurt. ING Group fell 5.3 percent in Amsterdam.
EADS, the maker of Airbus planes, which has counted Middle Eastern customers among its most resilient, also declined, as did the French luxury goods conglomerate LVMH Moët Hennessy, Daimler and BMW, all of which have substantial sales in the region.
Shares of companies in which Gulf investors own big stakes, including the London Stock Exchange, the grocer J Sainsbury and the German carmaker Porsche, also fell sharply on concerns the holdings would be cut to meet obligations at home.
Booming services and real estate sectors, a gleaming new airport and a pro-business climate had for years lured businesses, as well as prominent investors, including the soccer star David Beckham.
The Dubai government’s total debt is estimated at about $80 billion, of which, Mr. Masud estimated, about two-thirds is held by local investors.
Real estate developments for which market values have tumbled have accounted for much of the company’s problems, he said, though “the biggest liabilities for these companies isn’t just the stuff on the balance sheets. It’s the cost of completing the half-finished projects on which the investors have bailed out.”
The company did not respond to requests for comment.

RubyLee
27th Nov 2009, 07:28
riverplate... what forum was that from?

ooo
27th Nov 2009, 10:37
I just want to know.
Your friend who got the call for uniform, did final interview on the same day with you?

thank

flyse
27th Nov 2009, 12:08
Hi! I had my final interview in dubai nov3, I was on the 27th of Oct AD, still no news from EK, but the lady before my interview time slot didn't get in and she said she received an email.:(.

my status in emirates was "recommended for final review", now I cannot access my account, can you still access yours? thanks.

shez
27th Nov 2009, 13:04
@ooo she did her interview 2 weeks ago ,2 days after mine.

@flyse no news same here but i can check my status anytime still accessible but no news as well.

letb
27th Nov 2009, 16:06
does anybody know about people waiting for more than 6 weeks?

when i did the intreview they told me to wait 4 to 6 weeks!

RiverPlate
27th Nov 2009, 16:46
Most people waiting at the moment are due to be waiting for six weeks on the next week...so let's see how it goes after the Eid festivities.

:ok:

kanefinest
27th Nov 2009, 20:50
Eid Mubarak evryone.:ok:

flyse
28th Nov 2009, 15:31
Robert Fisk: India may hold whip hand in this power game - Robert Fisk, Commentators - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/fisk/robert-fisk-india-may-hold-whip-hand-in-this-power-game-1828753.html)

:confused:

I hope everything is a rumor.

Mari
28th Nov 2009, 16:44
Well, you will see in a couple of months how everything goes. (For this time: everything is frozen of course. I wouldn't expect any calls from the recruitment team soon...)

ooo
28th Nov 2009, 17:34
But if complete 6 weeks after interview,
people will call Emirate anyway.

they better call or mail to let's them know.
weather they successful or not?

And wait for the traing to be confirmed is another story.

RiverPlate
28th Nov 2009, 17:43
Indeed lot of people from mid and end October are due to complete six weeks of waiting in the next days so calls will be made to EK HR.

At least if people are gonna be at a new 'holding pool' they should know whether they got the job or not , right?:(

leaviateur
28th Nov 2009, 17:49
EK will be handed over to Abu Dhabi?

You better read this: (http://www.centreforaviation.com/news/2009/11/26/emirates-airline-cash-rich-is-unlikely-to-be-dragged-into-dubai-world-debt-crisis/)

I try no to believe in rumours (unless they're positive ones haha). Neither of this articles have official information, so you better don't worry too much about this. I think that even if Emirates is managed by Abu Dhabi, the airlines has plane orders and they'll still be needing CC so, let's stay positive and wait for the call!

Greets pals!
:ok:

RubyLee
29th Nov 2009, 04:30
this rumour about ek being handed over to ey has been going on for years now... ever since i moved to dubai a year and a half ago...

Mari
29th Nov 2009, 06:41
Read the Financial Times and decide yourself what might or might not be a rumor.

Everything is frozen right now.

iio78
29th Nov 2009, 08:10
can somebody give me a telephone number so i can ask if i passed the fi or not? the number that i have on the yellow paper from the fi, nobody is answering. thx

flygirl85
29th Nov 2009, 10:08
why was my post deleted?? did i say something wrong?

If you use "text speak" your post will be deleted. Forum Rule.

i read in the newspaper this morning that abu dhabi is giving dubai money to help out

shez
29th Nov 2009, 12:57
Well guys lets just hear from the people who are going to call on Tuesday for us to know the truth .As for me i would not stress myself with rumours wait and hear the answer on Tuesday if anyone is going to get through the number :

letb
29th Nov 2009, 18:19
the only number i have is 2032651

and i also have an e-mail [email protected]

i hope it will help :)

please let us know any answer you guys have!

thank's

starlight0
29th Nov 2009, 19:26
Emirates Airline, cash rich, unlikely to be dragged into Dubai World debt crisis - version 2 | Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (http://www.centreforaviation.com/news/2009/11/27/emirates-airline-cash-rich-unlikely-to-be-dragged-into-dubai-world-debt-crisis---version-2/page1)

Emirates will not be affected by Dubai debt - Travel & Hospitality - ArabianBusiness.com (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/574740-emirates-will-not-be-affected-by-dubai-debt-crisis)

Hope the news from those links will put you guys at ease!!

letb
29th Nov 2009, 23:53
wonderful news!

thank's soooo much for sharing :)

Madelie
30th Nov 2009, 07:22
Why there’s no Assessment Days in December then? They’re by appointment only :(.

Mari
30th Nov 2009, 07:33
Do you, guys, believe everything in the press?????

Sure, not affected at all... Let's believe in it! I hope it means pay-rise and bonus for this year - no chance.

99heyho
30th Nov 2009, 11:45
Has EK freeze their recruitment again?:confused:

shez
30th Nov 2009, 12:48
my friend application status changed to our HR department will contact you soon.So let keep the faith and wait for tomorrow the happiness will come .:ok:

emirateshopefully
30th Nov 2009, 14:23
Hi all,

I had the group assesement and final interview in Rome last year, and then due to crisis they froze applicants. Called back in October of this year for my final final interview for November, and now there is this other situation in the news about financial problems! How long have other people waited for news after the final interview? I have been waiting about 2 weeks! Do they contact you only by phone? Will it be a Dubai number or a number of the country I interviewed in? Thanks:):ugh:

lucy21
30th Nov 2009, 16:44
Hi,
They took about 4 weeks to get back to me and it's a Dubai number they'll call you from as your file is handed to Dubai cc recruitment for final approval. Don't worry too much about the financial situation, the markets are already recovering after the weekend.
Hope that helps!
Lucy x

emirateshopefully
30th Nov 2009, 17:00
Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your response. Are you cabin crew already? I will just try to keep calm and wait for a positive response!

Ciao:)

lucy21
30th Nov 2009, 17:50
Almost cabin crew I fly out on Monday so very excited, been in the holding pool a year so it's been a long wait! Keeping fingers and toes crossed that share prices don't affect Emirates Airlines too badly! Global markets are looking much better than Dubai's at the moment...lets just keep hoping it's all ok!
Good luck!
Lucy x

ooo
30th Nov 2009, 19:12
all the best for your first flight. Lucy
and everyone who waiting
;)

RubyLee
1st Dec 2009, 02:09
good luck lucy, all the best with your training and new career!!!
x

tiniviel
1st Dec 2009, 08:34
I just have a question... I saw date for Open day in Greece on December 6th on their site... and that there are NO Assessment days in December. My question is were there more Open days or Assessment days scheduled for December on Emirates site earlier but they cancelled them or is this normal?
I should join Emirates in February... But I dont like the fact they are not recruiting in December at all :(

overthere
1st Dec 2009, 10:58
They are recruiting in Greece.

tiniviel
1st Dec 2009, 11:32
but... I already mentioned Greece.. I just wanted to know where more cities and countries scheduled for December or this is it?.. I havent visited Emirates site for a while so I just want to know where they more cities scheduled than cancelled or this is it?...just Greece in December

RiverPlate
1st Dec 2009, 13:28
I've known of recruitment in countries like Brazil where they had Assessment scheduled but they were cancelled until further notice ( maybe February ).

Maybe they already have the people they need? ( don't know... ) in fact, most people that went through recruitment from mid October until now are still waiting for the interviews outcome so might be that they already recruited the people they need to work for now? Also the A380 were delayed and training batches have not yet been confirmed for January and February...

It has been six weeks for the people around here...let's see if the next days we get something positive.

ooo
1st Dec 2009, 14:42
I e-mail them about the final interview result no answer,

and the number on the paper they gave us on final interview.

I called the guy who answered said this is wrong number.
I mean it's Emairates but not HR and not for the final interview result .......... then hang up.

cotita
1st Dec 2009, 15:16
Sorry guys, but more "bad" or maybe "not so good" news

All new cabin crew will be flying most turnarounds with only one or two lay overs every month.:*
I don't know for how long (perhaps, the first 6 months, before graduation, perhaps longer)
I don't know much else...just heard it from a good source.
Hope you guys are not too dissapointed.
Saludos!

RiverPlate
1st Dec 2009, 15:28
I agree...

that has been a rumour long time ago. might be truth that people only will get 'graduated' after the six months probation ( even though i dont think so as international aviation regulations say that you need to be graduated and have concluded a course in order to be fit to fly an aircraft ). Even so , that depends on each country's regulation i think.

people on main fleet fly a lot of turnarounds on EK and some layovers as well, so i dont think that's the case.

@von aeris: have you got any results already?

tiniviel
1st Dec 2009, 15:29
every new start in a new firm is difficult, but turnarounds in the beggining i woulnd mind... I think we all want here is just go to <Dubai and join them.

RubyLee
1st Dec 2009, 15:38
even main fleet have mostly turnarounds and some layovers, its always mixed up - i flew with etihad and it was like this too, all these rumours... some months are great, some not so great but with bad is good and visa versa :)

ooo
1st Dec 2009, 16:37
If compare to many other airlines
you have to be with the company more than 1 year to fly international
or have to be promoted to next level for international flight.
so 6 month is ok already.

:)

Ama86
1st Dec 2009, 19:42
Hey guys just letting you all know I got the Golden call at 10:16pm last night on the 1st of Dec Sydney time. I had my reassessment interview in Brisbane on the 7th of November in Brisbane....To all those who are still waiting keep the Faith and keep praying, hopefully you'll all get the call soon. :D:D

letb
1st Dec 2009, 20:02
congrat's Ama86!

you must be the happiest person ever :)

i just have one question! did you receive an e-mail about the uniform before you got the golden call?

thank's

Ama86
1st Dec 2009, 20:14
I'm still in shock hey but yes over the moon!!

To answer your question no I didn't get an email about the uniform, last night was first time I was in contact again with Emirates since my RI back in November...there are three other people that I've kept in contact who attended the same RI with me in Brisbane but they still haven't heard anything from Emirates.

ooo
1st Dec 2009, 20:33
congratulation ..........
nice to hear they call.

anyway do they give your DOJ already?.

Ama86
2nd Dec 2009, 03:09
Thanks everyone!!!

The Lady I spoke to last night said the 4th of Jan 2009, I will receive an email shortly to confirm everything. I'm not sure if the 4th is the day I fly out of Australia or the date I start at the College in Dubai? So I guess I'll just wait to see it all in writing, but don't worry guys I will keep you all posted!

All I can say is "God is Good"!!!:O:O

ooo
2nd Dec 2009, 06:57
So it's mean they still call and
seem like the training next year start to confirm.

all good news

leaviateur
2nd Dec 2009, 12:34
Well... In my opinion, though I think it's unlikely to happen, there was maybe some kind of misunderstanding, so that they forgot about your friend. This could be a clear example of them being REALLY busy at the moment and forgot about some things.
In your shoes, I wouldn't worry since your friend finally made it to the apartment and he/she is fine!
Regarding internet access... I didn't heard/read anything about EK providing you of internet access in the facilities, so your friend is wrong. You have to take care of that. What I found strange is that there's no phone in the condo...

Anyway... Don't stress up!!! Sometimes when I read this things, I think that people want this job just to go to DXB to have fun, and receive their monthly pay just because. Life is hard ppl and you really need to grow up to become an adult, you won't get everything you want in life, and you should be very thankful that EK is giving you this opportunity to be a FA (if it really is your dream) and get paid for that and also knowing almost the whole world. If you don't sacrifice, you won't get anything. Nothing in life is free or what is seems, it's on you to make it shine and enjoying it (instead os complaining).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing you... If I were your friend, I just would have bothered everyone in my way just to get to where I need to, cause no one is gonna make it for you, it's your life, no other's.
SO... IF YOU REALLY WANT THIS, DON'T LET THIS SILLY THING AFFECT YOU. GO 4 IT AND ENJOY IT!!
(and if you can't, obviously this is not for you. But at least give it a try cause they've chosen you from hundreds of ppl)

Good luck to everyone waiting for the call!!!
Hope to get mine soon!:ok:

PS: CONGRATS Ama86!!!! You must be very ecstatic now. Wish you the best in DXB!:D

jaye
2nd Dec 2009, 16:29
ah your friend will be fine. I can imagine that was very stressful and upsetting though: arriving in a foreign country without knowing where you're going or what you're doing and nobody having any idea who the hell you are or what to do with you. I would've cried too! lol.

But she'll be fine once she has settled in and it'll just be a memory/story to tell. Its just human error, its the first time i've heard of anything like that happening so i dont think its something people need to worry about happening to them. Your friend was just unlucky.

wannaworkupthere
3rd Dec 2009, 01:09
I attended my interview the same day as Ama86. Last night while I was on the phone to my Dad, I missed Emirates call! The lovely lady left a voicemail asking me to call her back but so far I only got voicemail and have left a msg. I am very positive and feel I have gotten the job, but am nervous wondering if missing the call will affect my outcome? It is unlikely but we are all anylising things so much as it's so important to us! I'm going to continue to try to get through but does anyone know if they will call me back again? And also I'm pretty sure they only call you if you have the job? I cant wait to know for sure. Everyone, another girl who had an interview the day after me got it too last night and of course there was Ama86 who got it too, so everyone hold fast to your faith because there will be others! And yes, god IS great!

wannaworkupthere
3rd Dec 2009, 10:40
I finally got through and yes as long as I"m medically fit, my DOJ will be January 11th! One year and one day after my first interview so hang in there guys! Im so very happy and its such a relief and I wish you all the best xo

flyse
3rd Dec 2009, 11:27
Hi everyone! I'm so ecstatic to tell you that I got the call today at 3:10pm Dubai time exactly one month after my Final Interview...

January 14 is my joining date, now just waiting for their email regarding medicals and police clearance as I have been here in Dubai for 6months now...Praying and Hoping to pass all their requirements!

To all of you waiting, Keep the faith! Pray Pray Pray!

See you guys here! Anyone same joining date as I have? Thanks...

RubyLee
3rd Dec 2009, 11:44
it is so strange that some people have been waiting longer then others. for example - i had my FI on Oct 20th and still waiting?? and yours on Nov 3rd and you have your answer, but one of the other girls i speak to on the 23rd had her Final Interview and he group is still under review... hmm maybe they dont have a system to how they order it or something lol.

Congrats Flyse ;)

X

RiverPlate
3rd Dec 2009, 12:27
Congrats people! You all deserve it!

As for me , I am still waiting for the call ( had my interview on the 23rd of october ...six weeks now ).:(

pinkylicious
3rd Dec 2009, 12:35
Congrats to all those who got the Golden Call and Good Luck to all those who are still waiting for it including me!! I'm on my second week of waiting after my RI on 16th Nov...

Just wanted to post a link to an article that says that Dubai's financial problems won't affect Emirates plans and their Airbus orders...So no need to worry about plane orders getting cancelled!
I bet those candidates who have done the interview and have got through or are waiting for their result can still get the job with them!

http://www.cabincrewrecruitment.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1559

This gives me Hope!

shez
3rd Dec 2009, 13:56
I am happy for you all guys let keep the faith, my friend from Dubai also got a call today DOJ 14 Jan she did her interview on the 3 of November .

:ok::D:D:D:D

Keep the faith and we will all get the call just believe it .

letb
3rd Dec 2009, 14:30
Hi guys!

i have a question for those who got the golen call!

if you guys try to check your application online, what does it say?

because i'm trying to check my and the only thing it says is:

You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest
so i don't know if that is good or not!

please let me know ok! Thank's

shez
3rd Dec 2009, 14:42
@let b my friend who got a call today her status was our hr department will contact you soon.So if i were you i would be happy be happy they will contact you soon.

Ama86
3rd Dec 2009, 20:07
Congrats wannaworkupthere and flyse!!!! Wooo Hooo!!!
My DOJ is the 4th of Jan as long as I pass all the medicals and security checks....:D Another guy I've stayed in contact with who attended the same FI as me got the phone call 2 days ago and he'll be starting in January. :D

Thanks everyone for the support.... Hang in there to those all those still waiting:O!!!

letb
4th Dec 2009, 02:36
dou you really think that???? why???

Wagat1
4th Dec 2009, 07:49
Hi Everyone,

This is my first time here. I've just been reading your posts and I got some excellent advise which helped in my interviews. I'm from Kenya and I did my final interview on 10th Nov 2009.

My status says "approval in progress". Any hope for me? coz the interviewer told me I'll be contacted after 2weeks and maximum 3weeks. If not I should contact them.
Though the papers I was given says after 6weeks. I think I'll just wait for the 6weeks. But what does "approval in progress" mean? is it a good sign?

ek_nina
4th Dec 2009, 10:57
approval in progress, application under review etc. guess has nothing to do with your application status (for those who did final interview). BUT, if you try to access your account and unable to login, then THAT's the time you will get the golden call after few days. Specially when they sent you an image and grooming standard form.

ek_nina
4th Dec 2009, 10:59
there is currently an internal vacancy for MAIN FLEET trainer. that might be one of the reason why they stop calling people, cause they don't have any training dates and instructors.

letb
4th Dec 2009, 15:26
thank you guys!

but i will just believe when i get the call :)

starlight0
4th Dec 2009, 17:39
anybody gonna fly from SF on Dec.14?

lucy21
4th Dec 2009, 18:11
Hi all,

Just wanted to say thanks for the nice messages on here, I'm getting so excited/nervous to go now, flying out on Tuesday 8th Dec from LGW - anyone with me? Get in touch if you are!!

Good luck to all those of you still waiting - keep hoping, if it's meant to be it'll happen!

Cheerio,

Lucy x

monkey_boi
4th Dec 2009, 19:56
Well done Lucy! im flying from the UK, but not til the 14th of Dec, is there anyone else out there flying on the 14th of Dec from the UK? good luck everyone!

nicuk
5th Dec 2009, 09:13
nice to see some brits joining. Your gona love it here. Good luck and have a nice flight over.. dont get too drunk :E

aishney
5th Dec 2009, 13:02
hi all,

Been reading all the posts since last year and this my first post :)
congrats for those who had received the golden call, and for those who still waiting, all the best.
I'd attended my FI in the 23rd November and now crossing my finger to receive the golden call :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hope the news about the last weeks dubai economics wouldnt affect our application ;)

domainau
6th Dec 2009, 06:55
anyone receive a golden call?

RubyLee
6th Dec 2009, 09:17
still waiting here - since oct 20th ;(

domainau
6th Dec 2009, 09:38
There office is open for another hour and a half before end of business hours in Dubai..Fingers crossed for people who have been waiting a long time...

LamontFlyer
6th Dec 2009, 11:10
Hi,
I am joining Emirates as Cabin Crew with a joining date of December 17th. I am assigned to the A380, but would like to be on the main fleet instead. Is there anybody else joining on December 17th who is assigned to the main fleet but would prefer to fly the A380? If so please PM me so we can arrange a swap. Thanks.

tiniviel
6th Dec 2009, 11:26
I got the call this morning... but i didnt had my phone close to me... so I cant wait for tomorrow when they will call me again... im curious what is my DOJ!!!
I got the job, but I told them I want to join February, so we will see... will I be January or February :D

HCC
6th Dec 2009, 12:47
Congrats for those had received the golden phone !!!!!
I am still waiting from 6 weeks... But my desperate question is : " Is anyone who had been on 25 to Paris for FI and got any answer? "

RiverPlate
6th Dec 2009, 14:17
Hey HCC!

You're not alone, people in my group had their Final Interview between the 20th and 24th of October and most of us are still waiting with no news whatsoever from Emirates.

Still don't know how people who went for Interview way later ( not taking about re-interviewed people because I assume they have the priority as they 've been waiting for almost a year ) have been called and there is still people like here waiting for over six weeks...

Hopes are slowly getting smaller :(

Caledonia
6th Dec 2009, 14:28
Hey Monkey_boi - my DOJ is 14th december too, i'll be flying from Glasgow. Not received my e-ticket/visa yet though... have you?

Mari
6th Dec 2009, 16:54
LamontFlyer,

does it mean that they train people for the 380 and the Main Fleet as well???

nicuk
6th Dec 2009, 17:35
There are both 380 and mainfleet batches at the moment. Pro's and con's for each fleet.

If assigned to a mainfleet batch am sure there will be conversions courses later. However if assigned 380 batch it will be difficult to join mainfleet in the short term.

The official line was 2 years min commitment to 380... but things change all the time here.

RubyLee
6th Dec 2009, 18:03
heyyya all, does anyone know when the last time someone received an email was? saying they were unsuccessful?? has anyone got one or known anyone who has had one lately???

Isabellas
6th Dec 2009, 18:20
HCC i was also in Paris, but I had OD the 25th and FI on 9th Nov ..

I wonder how many they will hire from each FI ? I heard they will only
hire about 5 of us 19 from the FI :S ... ?

ek_nina
6th Dec 2009, 21:14
My friend did his FI last Oct 27 in manila. Got a call this afternoon 5pm dubai time. DOJ Jan 21.
All the best for all those waiting. In time they will call when you least expect it.

flightie9
7th Dec 2009, 00:39
Hey this is my first post on this site, have been reading everyones post for the last couple of weeks. I did my FI mid october and am yet to have recieved any feedback:ooh: i emailed the HR department yesturday and have had no reply. All i can say is this waiting game is sending me crazy lol:O

Lauren_Ashley
7th Dec 2009, 01:54
Is it true that they check for scoliosis at the medical clearance? So if you have a spine curvature over 30 degrees you will not pass and they will send you home?

ivancwtay
7th Dec 2009, 05:22
Hey!!

I certainly agreed. I joined the FI on the 23rd Dec 09. Still waiting for the Golden Call. Will update you all here if I got it or not.

Ivan

HCC
7th Dec 2009, 07:03
I know that there are many of us WAITING...but i wanted to know if anyone from Paris got any answer, "golden phone or unsuccessful email".
I spoke 2 weeks ago with a girl from Paris and she received unsuccessful email. And worst yesterday a friend of mine called Emirates and they said to him that his file is still in process and to wait for another 1 week...and in another 1 hour he received an unsuccessful email....:ugh:
So, what mean that? That if you send them an email or you call them after 6 weeks waiting for an answer...they reject you??? They forgot about us???

ek_nina
7th Dec 2009, 09:40
I had a batchmate 4 years agon when we did the training the company was aware that she has a scoliosis, to what degree I don't know.
After how many weeks of training and 2 days before we graduated they finally decide to fail her on her medical. She was so devastated and crying the whole time.
What Emirates did instead was to offer her any position apart from flying. She was offered a job as marhaba but ended up in crew scheduling for a while before she decided to resign and went back home.
I wasn't sure if they ask her to pay all the trainings and ticket before she was sent home.

aishney
7th Dec 2009, 12:25
hey all,
i attended my FI on 23th November in kuala lumpur and
just received my golden call hour ago;)
anyione same DOJ with me? i will fly off to dxb on 25th Jan 2010 if medically fit.
i'm currently work as a FA in malaysia and recently always having backpain problem. most peoples it was due to tired but i still worry.
i worry about my spinal issue, there another issue to worry before i can get the job :\

ivan,

i was with you in the interview and you did very well trust me.
just cross your finger that you gona get the golden call soon like i said to you, maybe only the small issue regards to the interview requirement la :)
dont be too worry, i'm pretty sure you gona get it very soon, dont forget to choose 25th as your DOJ yah..:ok:

rox84
7th Dec 2009, 13:35
ek_nina, do you know any person who was rejected after his status changed to "You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest"? I had my final interview on 26th October in Sofia, and today after 6 weeks of waiting my status finally changed, and I can't access my account.....one of the guys who had the interview the same time has the same status for 3 weeks...the wait is killing me.:ugh:
Congrats, to all you lucky guys who got the call:D

wannabethere
7th Dec 2009, 14:45
Hi guys,
I've been studying this blog religiously for over a year before i finally decided to join. I first applied for emirates when i was 25, now am 30. I've attended 4 interviews unsuccessfully but i have never given up. I must say that some of you are really really encouraging. Am happy for all those guys who have gotten the job especially those who've tried a number of times, as for the others, don't give up.:=

dom27
7th Dec 2009, 15:30
Hi everyone,

sorry to change the subject a little, goodluck to all those waiting! It seems emirates have stopped with open days and assessment days, does anyone know if they are going to continue recruiting or will there be another long wait.

thanks for your help :)

vector3
7th Dec 2009, 16:55
Can someone let me know how many days approx you will have off in Dubai every month? thanx

Mari
7th Dec 2009, 17:25
You will have 8-12 days off in a whole month plus rest days before/after night fligths.
You might also have some home-standbies (0-3) before long-haul flights if you join the 380 fleet.

vespaet3
7th Dec 2009, 20:09
Wow - that was fast! Golden call in only 2.5 weeks! I had my interview on the same day but in NZ. Anyone else waiting to hear from NZ?

aishney
7th Dec 2009, 23:44
hi vespaet3,

i think i got my golden call that soon because they went straight back to dubai after our recruitment in malaysia.
and of course depending on the documentations that they need for final interview must be completely submit on FI day.
i received my call exactly 2 weeks after my FI, but also heard some got they call after 4 weeks..
for those of you who still waiting for their call, never give up!!
they will let you know thru email as well if you didnt make it thru, like i did last year :oh:

grantlu
8th Dec 2009, 01:35
LamontFlyer,

I do not think they will swap for you.
I sent a request and seeking the requirement and possibility to join A380, but they won’t tell me.
My joining date is 14th Dec, and introduction date start on 17th.

By the way to those waiting for the call.. be patient and good luck.
As I know some people got the call within a week right after FI, but some wait for up to 7 weeks…

tiniviel
8th Dec 2009, 05:08
I got the call... Im leaving on 1st!! :))

overthere
8th Dec 2009, 06:19
Congratulations Tiniviel! Can you tell me when was you FI held? Thanks

tiniviel
8th Dec 2009, 07:01
my FI was held in Belgrade 1st Oct, and it was my re-assessment interview... originally i attended open day in belgrade year ago

overthere
8th Dec 2009, 12:51
Well, we have to be patient then;-) It has been 4 weeks already..

ivancwtay
9th Dec 2009, 01:03
Hi All,
Sorry for cant join you all as a team. I had my FI with Aishney 21st Nov. I did not receive any call from EK, but I check from the Emirates Career Account I registered. Its stated that "Not Successful". I will try again.
Wishing all of you the best. And I am sure will see you all in EK.

RiverPlate
9th Dec 2009, 01:39
Well , there was a 'rejection e-mail' wave today in Argentina , pretty much most of us got the dreadful e-mail this morning.
Yet, a company that keeps you waiting for over six weeks to give you a NO is showing the kind of respect given to their future assests as they like to call it.

I'm not really mad , like one person said before, if they treat you like this on recruitment, can't imagine the bulllet we might have dodged by not being hired.

Anyway , peace out and good luck to y'all!:}

domainau
9th Dec 2009, 09:00
............................................................ ............................................................ ...

iio78
9th Dec 2009, 09:14
Yes guys from 16 of us that made it FI in sofia just 2 got the job. And from what I am hearing for the other interviews this is what happened: emirates again has problems or they have problems with the 380 deliveries. Otherwise there is stupid to make so many OD and to get only 2 from that. I think now they just covering their sby and the few people that left.
Anyway on sunday I called EK recruitment office, as six weeks passed, they told me that everything is ok with my file and that is still under revision (not failed and i should hear from them in the next week) and after 45 minutes I received the email with the rejection. So EK cares for you letting people to wait and make plans for six weeks. They should hire more people for give the answers on time.

aishney
9th Dec 2009, 09:22
hi domainau,

i still havent receive the medical portal yet, still anxiously waiting..
my coordinator told me i suppose to get it ysterday but i called her asked this morning, she told me they HR is preparing the contract which will be sent out together with the email link.
hopefully nothing will happen..:suspect:

tiniviel
9th Dec 2009, 10:19
I received the "call" yesterday morning.. and today I see they still havent send me link to candidate portal... I hope they will do it soon...cause Christmas is coming and medicals wont be done on time :S
I expected they will send it same day or today... we will see

domainau
9th Dec 2009, 10:32
thanks for your responses aishney, tiniviel!!! :ok: it should be fine.. i guess they're very busy at the moment....... Please let me know if you do get the medicals etc !! :)

aishney
9th Dec 2009, 12:57
agreed with Tiniviel.

Hopefully they gona send us the soonest possible:\
if there's anymore delay, i'm worry i couldnt make it on time based on the actual DOJ :confused: cos will be away esp this x'mas, too many holidays end of year makes thing even harder...

just cross our finger..

will let ya knw domainau!!:ok:

flyse
9th Dec 2009, 13:35
I got my contract and medical email link to the portal 3days after the golden call. I waited for 2 days to call them since the following days were the weekend here in Dubai.. When I called my recruitment coordinator she told me that they were still finalizing the contract and will notify me to check my email thru txt, within that morning I received the email. Just be patient and follow up so that they won't forget coz they handle a lot of candidates...

Today I personally handed over my medical result and police clearance to my coordinator in the EK HQ and got the result that I passed 1 hour after. She was really friendly and patient as I had to keep a copy of the docs for myself and did the xerox there in their office. No need for me to upload the docs in my portal... :ok:

She told me that usually verifying medical results and police clearance take time, around 1 week, medical result was fast for my case:D, now have to wait for other clearances and for them to give me the GO signal to resign in my company...:8 She also said that I really have to be PATIENT and COORDINATE WITH HER, and FOLLOW UP on my progress... :)

InshAllah! Everything will be okay..one step at a time...

Goodluck to everyone, keep the faith high and pray!

Congratulations to everyone who got the Golden call!

honeydarling
9th Dec 2009, 14:34
Hello!

Does anybody who has been successful recently know at what stage you are contacted after your application has changed to 'Approval in Progress' online?

Many Thanks

rroonnjjaa
9th Dec 2009, 14:57
i attended emirates open-day in Athens last week and i didn't make it to the ass-day...but i was wondering do i have to wait 6 months until i can join another open-day?:confused:

ingridvene
9th Dec 2009, 16:55
HELLO! ANYONE WHO ATTENDED SAO PAULO'S LAST AD THIS OCTOBER????
I MET A LOT OF COOL GUYS AND GIRLS OVER THERE AND JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW THEY DID AND WHO GOT TO THE FINAL INTERVIEW!?

HAOANI (I DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S HOW YOU SPELL IT, SORRY :O), JANAINA, FELIPE, ALISON, JULIANA....??? GUYSSSS Y DIDN'T GET THE CHANCE TO WRITE DOWN ANY OF YOUR E-MAIL ADRESSESS SO WE COULD KEEP IN TOUCH..... ONCE I LEFT, I REGRETED NOT HAVING DONE THAT!

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME AT [email protected] OR THROUGH FACEBOOK..... JUST LOOK FOR Ingrid A. Venegas from Bolivia.... YOU'LL SEE MY PIC AND WILL RECOGNIZE ME! :8 HAHAHA

SALUDOS! :ok:

_anonymious_
9th Dec 2009, 16:58
Hello guys :)
I got the call 2day and my DOJ is January 4.... Anybodu else with me?? Plz sen me a PM!!! X :ok:

cotita
9th Dec 2009, 23:43
So, I didn't have a bad dream.
Don't worry, TIME flies!

letb
10th Dec 2009, 01:06
hey Vonaeris !

how was your status on the application online before you receive the golden call?

aishney
10th Dec 2009, 01:18
Hi VonAeris,

what only turnaround for 6 months? that would be the toughest 6 months in our life... :\

aishney
10th Dec 2009, 01:24
i was in that status approval in progress before i got the the golden call.

normal this status will appear to all the candidates who applied..

the moment you got your golden call, you normally cant access your a/c anymore and it will be stated with your recruitment officer will contact you at the earliest.

good luck:ok:

letb
10th Dec 2009, 01:41
hey thank's for your answer!

i canno't access my account and i got the message that says: "your recruitmet coordinator...."

but i have this message for over a week now! and nothing happens! no phone call :(

aishney
10th Dec 2009, 01:59
hehe..

i think you gona got the call very soon ;) :ok:

they are a bit busy i guess.. all the best yahh!!;)

Dubai Bound
10th Dec 2009, 02:29
I just got my eticket and visa today, its final. I want to thank everyone who has helped my from this forum. I owe it all to you for your advice and helpful info.:D Thanks again and good luck to all who are waiting or applying. The main reason I got this job was by reading this forum backwards and forwards. Just about every question you might have has already been answered so just search for it. Thanks PPRuNe!! :ok:

HCC
10th Dec 2009, 08:46
I received this morning the "golden phone"....and I still cannot belive.
I am waiting from almost 7 weeks. I've been to Paris on 26 OCT for FI. I have my Doj on 25 Ian.
I want to let you know guys that my status application online hasn't change even now after they called me, I stiil can access it. So don't lose you faith...and be patience!!!!

What can I say more, I am reading this forum from long time and there are so many helpfull info...We are so lucky that this forum exist and that there are people like you shareing their experience from different interviews.
Thank you to all af you guys!!!!

RubyLee
10th Dec 2009, 11:04
i do not believe that it will be 6 months of turn arounds... there is no benefit of this so why would they do it? plus you need to know all the services so they will not just put you on turn arounds - does not make sense.

shez
10th Dec 2009, 11:30
5 weeks for me no news my status still the same recommeded for final review.Got an email from them on sunday asking if i am afraid of water and i said no .I dont know what does it mean,fingers crossed.

Fla
10th Dec 2009, 13:51
Just wondering does anyone know do emirates check applications on their careers page... Its been at applied for months??

domainau
11th Dec 2009, 02:45
Hi guys!
Good luck with everyone!! patients is the key, they will eventualy get back to you!!!

aishney
11th Dec 2009, 05:36
i dont feel like believing it also but in the airlines industry, i understand anything can happen with their decision..whatever it is, hope nothing as what said. in that case, new joiner who join A380 fleet must be so lucky to have all the long trip. :\

i think it should be we only operate turnaround and layover flight (24 hour stay in certain station) without any long flight :confused: maybe.. anyways, what we can do is just wait and see what comes to us.. if it really happen, it just for 6 month.. after that we still have oppurtunity to fly other places..:cool:

for those of you who still waiting, again.. good luck.. be patient..:ok:

99heyho
11th Dec 2009, 06:35
anybody knows what happened to EK recruitment? Have they stop hiring again?

Flying princess 116
11th Dec 2009, 10:56
:ok:Hi there, Just a message to congratulate everyone who got there golden call, Its worth the wait !! To everyone who is still waiting, keep the faith and fingers crossed. I joined Emirates nearly 1 year ago and it certainly was worth the long wait :). Regarding the 6 months of turnarounds, im not sure who told you that but it certainly is NOT true!!:= I graduated on the 2nd of April 2009 as main fleet and on the 18th April 2009 i flew to Bangkok which is a 36hour layover, i was on reserve the 1st month when i started, this means they can call you whenever they need you its like standby. Im on leave at the moment so im back home visiting my family :) but go back to Dubai tomorrow morning. Well good luck everyone and if you wanna ask any questions, just mail me :ok:

Albom
11th Dec 2009, 14:01
Hi!
First of all, congrats to all of you who got the "golden call", and good luck to those who are still waiting!!:ok:
I had my FI in Paris on 26 OCT and still waiting for response.
HCC - Do you know if anyone else from Paris got the call?

Mari
11th Dec 2009, 22:19
What I heard from a Purser: mostly turn-arounds and 1 lay-over a month for new joiners for 6 months. Although, management denied this gossip, saying: it is not true but ab-initios "might" have an increased number of turnarounds. Graduation is after the probation, so 6 months after joining.

Anyways, they call you for any flight if they need people!

New people who graduate in January/February will tell us what's going on.

What I heard from a trainer: they start hiring again soon. (Latest in March, I was told.) Mostly for main fleet but there might be A380 batches as well. ODs will be held in Dubai first, London comes next as usual, no surprise there.

vespaet3
12th Dec 2009, 00:19
Hey thanks for the update! It's good to hear news straight from crew. Please let us know if you hear anything else :)

Mari
12th Dec 2009, 09:19
The arrival dates of some A380s were officially launched. These 7 aircrafts won't have a Crew Rest Compartment. All 3-class aircrafts.

December 12: 1
December 22: 1
January 12: 1
May ? : 1
June ? : 1
July ? : 1
August ? : 1

RubyLee
12th Dec 2009, 18:13
anyone heard anything yet?
i am still waiting since oct :(

HCC
12th Dec 2009, 22:35
When I had my FI in Paris I gave my e-mail address to few people, but they never send me an e-mail and I don't have theirs. Only a girl from Paris I gave her my tel. no. and I kept in touch with her, but she received 3 weeks ago an unsuccessful e-mail.

But be patience and don't lose your faith...They will get back to you soon.

shez
13th Dec 2009, 09:14
Received a uniform standard form today from them still waiting

emirateshopefully
13th Dec 2009, 12:22
:ooh:;);):)
I also got an email with uniform info today, although I had signed one before. It will be 4 weeks on Monday. Fingers crossed and :ok:good luck to everyone waiting. I know it is very tough, Emirates is in my head every day!

nicuk
13th Dec 2009, 12:47
Just to clear the confusion. They are not putting new crew on 6 month of turnarounds.

Those that are 380 wont have any turnarounds... for the moment. The main disadvantage of the big bird is its very limited routes. You miss out destinations such as Nice and Malta.

Mainfleet will be given a fixed roster of mixed flights. Yes, there will be a focus on turnarounds.

You really do learn a lot about the job on these turnarounds that will help you for any leadership role down the line.

Ama86
13th Dec 2009, 19:19
Anyones DOJ Feb the 1st? I originally had the 4th of Jan as my DOJ but I had to get it change because the dental work that I need done on my teeth cant be done in time...I called head office and they said I'll be put in the Last batch....

tiniviel
13th Dec 2009, 21:53
hi...

I have DOJ 1st Feb :)

Yuan
14th Dec 2009, 01:09
I received the call yesterday morning, my DOJ is Jan 25th or 26th?

So happy and excited cause I had waited for 7 weeks!

BTW, I attended my reassessment on Oct 26th. So JUST BE PATIENT, all

of you will get what you want.:ok:

FlyBoy1983
14th Dec 2009, 01:13
Hi everyone, i have a quick question and would be glad if someone informes me about this, do emirates hire married people as cabin crew, on can we bring our wifes or husbands to Dubai, do they provide visa and residence permit for them as well?

aishney
14th Dec 2009, 05:13
hi yuan,

i think we do have the same DOJ, hehe.. only 2 from kuala lumpur which both join falls on 25th or 26th and our class will start on 4th Feb 2010.

we just did the medical today, so many vaccination to be inject.. :{
hope everything going smooth :ok:
cant wait;)

overthere
14th Dec 2009, 06:17
Hi Ama86. What do they mean by saying last batch? Is there no more training dates set up in February?

RubyLee
14th Dec 2009, 06:36
Further to your recent interview for the post of Cabin Crew with our organization, it is with considerable regret that I have to advise you that your application was unsuccessful on this occasion.

Should you still be interested in pursuing your interest with Emirates Airline, you can re-apply after a period of one year.

We would nevertheless like to thank you for attending the interview programme, and wish you every success with your future endeavours.

Yours sincerely,

Cabin Crew Recruitment

After 8 long weeks i finally received the email... god knows what they are looking for - i am ex etihad crew, etihad recruited me first interview... i have awards from etihad... perfect attendance etc etc I know i am good at my job... yet have applied for emirates twice now and been rejected twice... so strange.. good luck to everyone still waiting and those who have been accepted i hope you enjoy your new career... and the most important lesson in flying - dont believe anything anyone says regarding rumours etc... i have never heard so much nonsense been said as i have in aviation haha good luck all.
xxx

Yuan
14th Dec 2009, 07:12
yes, it looks like we are in the same batch, Hope to see you soon

To rubylee:

I m so sorry to hear that..

you have so excellent experience:sad:

shez
14th Dec 2009, 07:34
Cant access my account today hopefully thats good news coming soon:ok:
RubyLee -sorry to hear that but for everything that happens they is a special reason for that .God have other plans for you and be strong and pray hard.

For all those who are waiting including me keep the faith and if its meant to be we will get a call.:)

RubyLee
14th Dec 2009, 07:48
yeh i am very excited for a few private flying possibilities i may have available.... which is very exciting... everything happens for a reason so i am not bothered, i have faith and hope that there is something better for me out there :) i do however this it is crazy they make everyone wait so long :ugh: so i am relieved my wait is over YAYYYYYY!! Thank you to everyone on this forum who have been so supportive and lovely...
xxxx

IzaSz1983
14th Dec 2009, 08:56
They do hire married people and they do provide visa for your husband/wife as long as you have higher degree (master etc). You just apply in Emirates HQ with you higher degree certificate (in Engligh of course) and the next day you collect visa. Also husband/wife get as many as they want tickets for 10% and 50% plus ONE annual leave ticket and it is the same for children up to 18y/o.

Mari
14th Dec 2009, 08:58
Ruby,

you should go for private flying with this experience!!!!!! Why would you start in economy again?????? It would be such a waste, really. Emirates doesn't consider any previous experience and upgrades are soooo slow nowadays. Maybe they thought the same: this position wouldn't be fulfilling for you.

It's just not ment to be this year. I'm sure that greater opportunities will arise in the near future: either private flying in Europe or in the Middle-East or trainer/cabin manager/recruiter/F and B manager at Etihad. There are so many ways for improvement and change!

I wish you all the best in your flying career!

letb
14th Dec 2009, 09:10
i just got the golden call! uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhhu
doj feb 1

thank you guys for everything its been a pleasure to be here and chat and help and be helped for everybody!

Mari
14th Dec 2009, 09:12
IzaSz,

there must be a confusion about this. You don't get a residence visa for your wife/husband if you have a college or university degree.

As far as I know Emirates doesn't arrange the visa to your spouse if you are cabin crew.

Let me check the Employee Handbook to make sure what procedure applies.

IzaSz1983
14th Dec 2009, 09:21
It is not a resident visa but is sponsorship only which does not allow them to work. If they want to work in Dubai they need to get a job and apply for residence visa, after that the sponsorship is canceled.

pinkylicious
14th Dec 2009, 10:44
Received my Golden Call this morning!!

I did my Re-interview on 16 November in Milan,Italy and Exactly on the 4th week finally got it!!
Doj is 18th Jan and couldn't get any better birthday present because tomorrow the 15th is my birthday!!

Yoooohooooooo!!!:}:}

Anyone flying out with me???

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting!!

Mari
14th Dec 2009, 10:49
And you are only 21 now!!! Congrats and enjoy the training!

NEW ADs and ODs in January. Check the Emirates career page.

CV drop-off on 26th December for Arabic and English speakers ONLY.

Don't worry if they stop recruitment again for a while, I think it's gonna be on and off this year.

highlowchime
14th Dec 2009, 13:28
Hello guys
First of all, I think this thread is very useful, and good that it exists as it is.
I just got You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest-message and as this whole waiting is getting really painful, I am just wondering, did anyone got rejected after this message?
The other thing, If I am successful, the X-mas is still coming, so it would be more tricky to have the Medicals done, so I would appreciate a lot, If anyone can share, what kind of checks you need to undergo in details.
Take care guys, and lets meet in Dubai:D

Dubai Bound
14th Dec 2009, 15:30
Congrats Letb and pinkyliscious and everyone else who recieved the call. I am so excited as I leave for Dubai tomorrow. Good luck everyone and i'll be talking to you from Dubai the next time:)

Mikejr
14th Dec 2009, 19:40
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7425/spotlightcabincrew.jpg

Interviews are by appointment only. Apply on-line by clicking on the destination link below. Alternatively, forward your application via mail to; Emirates Airline, Emirates Cabin Crew Recruitment, P.O. BOX 34211, Dubai, U.A.E.

Global Assessment Days for January 2010

The schedule below enlists open days in different regions which you can register for online.

Country-Date-Time

Lebanon, Beirut Ref No: CC/BB/13551
03-Jan-2010 - 04-Jan-2010 09:00 am Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx?AdvNo=EBFC887DDFD9A3D5)
Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency Careers.

United Kingdom, London Ref No: CC/BB/13773
07-Jan-2010 09:00 am Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx?AdvNo=1689091A90432709)

Brazil, Sao Paulo Ref No: CC/BB/13769
09-Jan-2010 - 10-Jan-2010 09:00 am Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx?AdvNo=4B6E8DD0363792DB)
Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency Fly Right International.

New Zealand, Auckland Ref No: CC/BB/13767
09-Jan-2010 09:00 am Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx?AdvNo=3671062B5D2E7235)

Jordan, Amman Ref No: CC/BB/13768
09-Jan-2010 09:00 am Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx?AdvNo=94B825B9D3186223)

United Kingdom, London Ref No: CC/BB/13774
14-Jan-2010 09:00 am Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx?AdvNo=B06748F57343CFAD)

Egypt, Cairo Ref No: CC/BB/13770
16-Jan-2010 - 17-Jan-2010 09:00 am Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx?AdvNo=7E3A2D2F0C4A65C4)

Tunisia, Tunis Ref No: CC/BB/13457
17-Jan-2010 09:00 am Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx?AdvNo=C3AE9E8A4FBDD717)
Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency IAC.

Morocco, Casablanca Ref No: CC/BB/13450
31-Jan-2010 09:00 am Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx?AdvNo=7B43E4D2D75F0982)
Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency CFPNC.

Open Days Can Open Doors For You - 2010

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7425/spotlightcabincrew.jpg
Our cabin crew recruitment team conducts interviews in numerous countries worldwide
and facilitate events in Dubai and the UK. Open Days are information sessions
that give candidates the opportunity to meet our recruitment team.
Sessions begin at 09:00 am sharp and carry forward through the day depending on
the number of candidates. Applicants are required to present an updated C.V. along with
full length and passport size photographs in business attire.

In the event that you are successful, you will be obliged to attend a selection interview
during the course of the week. Places are limited, therefore you need to book your place early.
Alternatively, if you would like to book an interview by appointment,
view our Global Assessment Day (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx) Global Assessment Day schedule.

Open Days for January 2010

The schedule below enlists open days in different regions which you can register for online.

Country-Date-Time-Venue

France, Nice Ref No: CC/BB/13772
23-Jan-2010 09:00 am Venue to be advised Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=9DD74D82A01B1BC0)

Spain, Madrid Ref No: CC/BB/13771
23-Jan-2010 09:00 am Venue to be advised Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=D194D313992BCB5E)

JJL
14th Dec 2009, 22:47
Hi,

One question. I applied online and I check regulary my account to see if there is a change in my status.

But sometimes I click on the wrong links and then the websites thinks I want to fill out a form again. But I already applied.

Now when I see my account there are 4 recent job applications and only one of them is 100% fullfilled. How do I get the other three applications out of my account?

Greets...

Mikejr
14th Dec 2009, 23:53
That is really unseen. However, I would start all over again. Forget what lies behind, and get a brand new nickname!!!!

How cool is that? You can do it!
I figure, that the webmaster means exactly what it says, being a master of the web. So, it's webmaster's fault. Not yours :-)

That is merely my own opinion.
Merry Christmas Everyone, and a Happy New Year.

vespaet3
15th Dec 2009, 00:32
I can't log in to my profile on the EK careers site and now I'm getting the same message: your recruitment coordinator will contact you at the earliest. Has anyone had this message then had the rejection email? I've been waiting since last January really, when I was put on hold after my first FI.

Congrats Pinky! It's been a long wait for you too!

Has anyone looked into the issue of sponsorship for a spouse? Just so they're not on a visitor's visa? My hubby is not super keen to go to Dubai, but if I could sponsor him it would probably take the pressure off him trying to get work immediately. He has a degree but not a master's. From what I had heard already, a woman can't sponsor her husband unless she is in a highly professional role such as a doctor or lawyer. Is that correct?

Ama86
15th Dec 2009, 02:09
@Overthere When I called head office to change my DOJ which is now the 1st of Feb, the lady I spoke to Just said I would be moved to the last batch they had schedule so far and that I needed to have all my medicals done before than. They must have enough people for now till they start recruiting again.....I'm not really sure?

Gone U/S
15th Dec 2009, 06:49
Hey guys
Havent posted in a while but think i might for some more information for you all.
Current crew have been sent an email asking if anyone is willing to postpone their leave for the first three months of next year as they currently do not have enough Business and Economy Class crew. So hopefully that will mean recuitment will continue to occur.
Also in regards to the new crew getting mainly turnarounds for the first 6 months of their roster ... This is correct .... It was asked on the internal crew rumor buster late in november and confirmed by management shortly thereafter. It does not say ONLY turnarounds but said it will be a mix of MAINLY turnarounds and only 1 or 2 layovers each month.
Good luck to all those in the process and for those that are already waiting to come over then I will no doubt see you onboard sometime soon ... well that is if they put you on the Mainfleet crew!

Sydneybloggs
15th Dec 2009, 13:47
Hi All,

Has anyone been invited to attend the AD on the 7th or the 14th of January in London yet? I have only applied today. How long does it take for them to reply if you get an invite? Good luck all, and well done to everyone who has got DOJ's.xxx

emirateshopefully
15th Dec 2009, 16:22
Hi all,

I see a few people have had the same message as me and are no longer allowed to log into the online account. I guess things are in progress. Fingers crossed to everyone, good luck :):):ok::ok:

aysha
15th Dec 2009, 16:31
Iv also applied just yesterday, hoping to get an invite for the London ADs. Wondering how long it takes to get an invite. Sydneybloggs if you get an invite, or anyone else will you let the rest of us know?
Thanks

katie.82
15th Dec 2009, 16:54
Hiii, I have DOJ on 18th of January:)):ok: So we'll meet for sure there:) New on this forum, still getting in how to use it:)