PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VI

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

coffee or tea
11th Mar 2010, 20:03
To all:

Need your help, please advise what are the exact sizes of photos to bring during the OD, here in furom, I read lot of various issues (which is which/confused). :confused:

Thanks a lot:)

dream_to_fly
11th Mar 2010, 22:36
Hi guys! You will need to show them either a full size photo of you in business attire or just passport photos of yourself smiling. I attended an OD in Brisbane last year and I just gave them my passport photos and I made it through to the Final interview.

When you reached the final interview, you will need to provide another set of photos. These include 1 head to toe photos of you in business attire, 2 casual photos and from memory I think 6 passport size photos of yourself smiling.

Hope this helps and keep me updated how you guys go in Melb! Im thinking of attending the one in Adelaide. Wish you guys the best!

Good luck and God bless!

NB: 3 of my friends recently got the job with Emirates and have just finished training. They're doing a lot of lay-overs instead of turn arounds for 6 months. My friend is doing the DXB-KUL-MEL and DXB-SIN-BNE route a lot. Their classmates however are doing a few lay-overs in Europe. So the probation of doing turnarounds for 6 months is not so bad. Because if you are lucky, you will do some lay-overs!

Sophie13
12th Mar 2010, 09:26
I made it thorugh the process right up to the final interview which was 2 days ago on the 10th of March. 18 out of 150 from the Glasgow OD made it through to the final interviews so I really dont know what my chances are here :confused: Now I can only wait!

If anyone needs to know anything specific about any part of the process I am happy to help, just send me a private message and I will get back to you with my experiences!

:)

F.A. again
12th Mar 2010, 09:48
18 out of 150?
wow, very well done! congrats and good luck!!
:ok:

headerbjk
12th Mar 2010, 11:31
same thing for Istanbul ..i made it to last 17 from 180people...and waiting for the golden call...fingers...legs...everything crossed :)))

Ekhopeful
12th Mar 2010, 11:32
You have to be thankful that you made the final interview. 18 out of 150 gosh! My group was rather small compared to those I've read. You must have impressed them. You'll definitely be in my prayers. Keep the faith because the wait is a long one (hopefully not)

wanted to ask that i have a discoloured tooth at the side of my mouth and at the FI the RO asked about it and fortunately for me i'm having a dental cap done for it and it takes 2 to 3 weeks to get it from the dentist so i told her and she was like "ok, ok thats good". now my question is do you think it'll ruin my chances of getting the job.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sophie13
12th Mar 2010, 14:48
Thankyou very much, and good luck to all of you waiting as well! heres hoping we all meet some day in Dubai! would be a dream come true.

They are very strict with their grooming arent they, the RO is expected to spot imperfections and in your case you are lucky that it is something which is easily resolved so I doubt very much that it will affect your chances, especially since you reassured them that you were having it fixed!

everyone is waiting for the 'golden call' but i was told it would probably be an email whether it was good news or bad, it just depends on how busy they are- i assume they are all very busy at the moment since there are assessment days and interviews happening all over the world.

good luck everyone keep us updated!

katakss
12th Mar 2010, 23:45
Oh gosh, 10+ out of almost 200 candidates, you guys must be outstanding!

Please share your experience in group discussion as well as interview process, I'm sure your tips could help the rest including myself.

Congratulation yet again!

Ekhopeful
13th Mar 2010, 09:17
Well we had 2 days of AD and so there were 2 totally different groups so lets call my group group b. We were to start at 9 but started at 10. Introductions about Emirates, usual question time, split us into 4 sub groups. Then a reach test and say 3 things about the person on your right that's not in the c.v. First cut 12 out of 94, then English test, second cut 9 out of 12, last group discussion about a documentary about a social vice, we chose solid waste pollution. Last cut 4 out of 9. So in the end group b had 4 out of 94 to the FI and the previous day's group had 6 to the FI. The FI was ok and loads of fun. ROs were nice and friendly. Now the long wait. Hope it helps

pinkylicious
13th Mar 2010, 09:37
hey, it's been quite a long time that i didn't post!
I've been in dubai for over a month now and i have finished training..
training was very intense and sincerely i had no time to breathe but i did very well..i just finished my two supy flights and i had a wonderful time onboard....
i'm loving every single minute of it...
just to let you guys know that being a flight attendant is not as glamorous as it sounds but its a very tiring and demanding job..there are days when you dont want to wake up early to go for your training lesson or for that particular flight but at the end of the day when the customer smiles and is happy when you make their day, i think i feel rewarded and blessed when i know i made them feel happy and looked after!
even giving them water for their medicine makes me feel better!!!

so guys never give up if this is your dream because we want to know you are worth it when you arrive to dubai because Emirates makes you go through soo many challenges and it only makes you grow stronger!!:D

DesislavaVS
13th Mar 2010, 13:57
Hi everyone,
I am at the stage where i am waiting for final approval , i uploaded all medicals and now i am just waiting and waiting..........I hope they will answer me as soon as possible since i need to resign from my current job, but all i wanted to say is thanks to all people who wrote here- this forum is extremely helpful , many things were much clearer after i read the information- Good luck to everyone ! And i will update you as soon as i have final confirmation! Good luck!

dom27
13th Mar 2010, 14:47
Hi everyone,

Havn't read this thread for a while...sorry if I am asking a question that has been answered many times already

BUT I just heard from a friend that all new recruits will not graduate until their 6 months probabtion period has ended (not such a big deal) and along with this new crew will only be doing turnaround flights for the first 6 months!?!?!? I hope this is just a rumour!

Can anyone clarify this??

Thanks for your help

Ekhopeful
13th Mar 2010, 18:21
The most important thing in confidence and look at your group members when speaking to them not your RO and when introduce the person on your left or right don't take notes or read from them. Plus read as many posts as you can and most importantly pray hard:-)

travelunravel
13th Mar 2010, 18:51
hey guys,
i've got a golden call a couple of days ago and i'm very excited! my DOJ is 26th of april...the only thing i'm having a problem with is the medical examination form because i can't download it from the portal :confused: is it possible for somebody else to send it to me? any help or ideas at all?

thank you very much guys!

F.A. again
13th Mar 2010, 18:59
Just send me a pm with your email address and I could forward my forms to you!
Cheers!

phaquer
14th Mar 2010, 07:54
Hey, I am also going to the OD in Cebu this March 20th. Actually, there was a local agency that did the pre-screening last March 4 to 5. Super big crowd. Hope to see you in Cebu!

Anyway, just for anyone to answer, how strict are they when it comes to the teeth? I have perfect teeth upfront, or the visible ones when I smile, but I have two bad teeth inside, along the corners (they are not visible when I smile). Would this be something that I should be worried about, or am I overanalysing things?

How do they inspect the teeth? Do they make you open your mouth and individually check each tooth?

Hoping for an answer from anyone. Thanks! :)

Hmm. I observed that usually, the biggest cut happens during the initial screening (the physical assessment and introduction of the person at your right). For example, one number dwindled down to 12 from 94 just because of that. It makes me wonder: How can we be so certain that the RO really see you from among the multitudes of faces? Do they really scrutinize everyone? Just a thought.

Ekhopeful
14th Mar 2010, 11:16
My status just changed to APPROVAL IN PROGRESS. My heart is racing. Still praying.

gerjana
14th Mar 2010, 11:17
I want to ask something the people that will travel to Dubai soon ... How many days are there from your DOJ to the date of the training. On my contract it says 10 days and those they are quite a lot. Are they going to do the medicals one more time once we get there or what? Thanks for the answer :)

MAZDINI
14th Mar 2010, 11:20
does anyone know anything about the ad's that are happening in london meaning where are the locations and can anyone go

headerbjk
14th Mar 2010, 12:29
My status also changed to Approval in progress today.. even that doesnt mean anything for now i hope i ll get the golden call..fingers crossed and waiting....:rolleyes:

Moe.Ismail
14th Mar 2010, 17:02
hey ! has anyone experienced this before , i did my fI 2 weeks ago , i used to check my account everyday to see whats new , my status was applied all the time , but today i cant log in to my account , whenever i try it says invalid username or password , although it is the right username and password , so anyone has got any clue about this or happened to him/her , i think Roul from malta had the same thing , any updates roul ,
or anyone can help appreciated thanks :sad:

gerjana
14th Mar 2010, 23:56
Hey,
My DOJ is also 19th of April but on my contract it is stated that the training starts on 29th. When do you start the training?

Sonobene
15th Mar 2010, 03:03
Hi I will be attending the OD in NYC the 20th, any info on what to bring ?

ashlea
15th Mar 2010, 06:45
For those still looking for information on the interview process for EK: this is a very useful link. This guy is Emirates crew and broke down the entire process into one long post:

Just search 'airboy' on google and find the a-z guide on joining

lucy21
15th Mar 2010, 10:28
For those of you wondering, the reason you have a 10 day gap before you start training is because you have a week of induction before your training. in that week you have to hand in documents, fill out forms, complete government medical (chest x-ray and blood test only) and the EK medical (review of your medical history, audiogram, drug testing and vaccines etc) you also get a tour of the city where you learn more about local culture etc. It's actually a nice week as you spend a fair bit of time waiting around and that gives you chance to get to know your batch-mates better!

Hope that helps!

Lucy x

Ekhopeful
15th Mar 2010, 12:52
I'm guessing they're not wasting time with the recruitment. Can't wait for my call. Still praying. Still APPROVAL IN PROGRESS. Has anyone received a rejection email after this?? Read on cabincrew that it technically means you're through. Any thoughts?

ShAmMy FlY
15th Mar 2010, 13:02
Hi Guys...
Thank you very much for sharing all your precious experiences on this thread.. Its been soo much help..Thanks agan..

I'm new to this. and planning to go to the OD in Rome 27th March..:confused:

Would love to know who else will be there????:)

Good Luck Everyone!!:p:p

tonnie
15th Mar 2010, 14:04
hey guys, could someone kindly pm the medical forms...will really appreciate it as i cannot download from the emirates site. also with the contract do i need to write an acceptance letter or just sign and return the declaration..;)

elle_00
15th Mar 2010, 23:26
hey everyone!

I'm new to the site and just happened on it by chance trying to research as much information as possible about the goings on at ODs! I applied on the career portal in the end of Jan, and just recieved an email invite to an OD in Vancouver for March 27. Does this mean I have already been shortlisted because I was contacted, or can anyone show up?

The OD is being run by a canadian recruitment agency... is this normal? The email says successful candidates at the OD will be contacted for a 2nd interview to take place within one week. This seems a little different from other examples of what normally takes place...

Is anyone else on here planning to attend this session or from Canada?

Thanks for all of the helpful advice by the way, it's lifted loads of stress off!

lola81
16th Mar 2010, 08:13
hi to all ,
i have an open day in Trinidad on the 28th and very nervous. i applied two years ago and was successful but at the last minute was unable to go. :{i have never given up dreaming though. now they are here again and there is nothing i want more than to join Emirates. i got my invitation email recently. last time i remember that i didn't have a certain picture and i had to scan it to them later. i thought i did but apparently i got the email address wrong. a month later they sent me an email that they had not received it and that it was holding back my application. when i did send it i got my final approval a week later.
are they still giving a yes or no this fast?
is anyone here going to the open day in Trinidad ?and one more question
has anyone ever tried reapplying after having not joined at some time before? :sad: Concerned ! thanks

honda199
16th Mar 2010, 09:27
i just got my final approval today ...will be leaving to Dubai on 5 April...anyone traveling on the same day ..this forums has been really useful..thank you for everyone who posted their experiences here...this thread has all that you need to know prior and post interview..all the best for everyone else try for emirates ..see you all soon in dubai

fly lady
16th Mar 2010, 10:36
Hi...:)

I'm a newbie here...just want to ask a question. Anyone knows what is the maximum ages to join Emirates as a Cabin Crew?...:confused:

Your reply will be very helpful..
Thanks a zillion...:ok:

Sophie13
16th Mar 2010, 11:54
woops, I didnt make that clear, No i still have not heard a word but only been waiting one week. What about you?

spontaneous
16th Mar 2010, 12:39
Hello and congratulations to everybody who received the Golden Call.:D

I received a call but not the Golden One. A lady from MT Global Experts (The company for the pre-selection) called me on sunday and informed me that I will need to provide additional shoulder lenght photos - casual and formal. I sent them yesterday but to make sure that they have received the files I called EK HR team this morning. Nobody was answering on the first two numbers but on the third one somebody picked up and transferred me to another person....then another.....then another....at the end a guy confirmed. I hope that it was for real not just trying to get rid of me.

It has been 16 days from my FI. About 10 girls received the golden call, the only guy is unfortunatelly unsuccessful and I know of only one girl with the same status like me "Approval in progress".

You are not alone Ekhopeful:ok:

Ekhopeful
16th Mar 2010, 13:14
It was only on Sunday my status changed. Its been 8 days since my FI. 2 girls in my group have already received their rejection emails and myself and another have our statuses as Approval in progress. Still waiting. Will update you as soon as i hear anything. Spontaneous how many of you made it to the FI

headerbjk
16th Mar 2010, 13:22
It has been 6 days since my FI and my status also changed to Approval in progress on sunday as my collegue`s status did change... we were 17 overall but i dont know about other if they recieved any emails or calls yet...i hope Approval in progress status is a good sign :p

Sophie13
16th Mar 2010, 13:32
where does your status change to approval in progress? Although I had uploaded a CV and some pictures before the open day/ assessment day and final interview to the Emirates website, the RO never mentioned to me anything about an online status.

I am worried though about the photos attatched to those online applications as they are not the professional ones i had done. Should I just leave them as they are? The photographer did not give me spare copies or a disc with the professional photos on them :confused::ugh:

Polyanka
16th Mar 2010, 14:28
Same as yours, DOJ 19th and training on 29th...

Ekhopeful
16th Mar 2010, 15:23
Sophie wen you log in the careers webpage after putting in your email and password, a page comes up with your saved jobs. Its right there on your right

lola81
16th Mar 2010, 16:55
hi,
fly lady i dont think there is a real age limit ( i mean you still can't be 50 or something). but it really is on the way you look as far as that goes. if you look good, healthy and what they are looking for, then thats it.

honda199 congrats and enjoy the opportunity.

honda199
16th Mar 2010, 17:06
thanks buddy ...what about you did you get the golden call

lola81
16th Mar 2010, 17:07
does anyone know what are some potential questions for group activity. last time we got the what was the person;s on your left most embarrassing moment and where in the world would they like to visit. i heard of the who you would want to be for 24hrs and the movie/ musical plot. do you all know of any others. thanks for answering

golden call!lol i still have the open day to attend on the 28th. hope lightning strikes twice! :ok:but hopefully soon.

katty
16th Mar 2010, 17:54
Hi everyone!

I attended my 1st cabin crew assessment today in London and it was how everyone described on here. I thought I was prepared as I have sepnt so much time goin through this forum but obviously i wasnt as i didnt get through the 1st cut!

i really didnt know what i did wrong I assume its becuase maybe I wasnt loud enough and didnt get my voice across in the group discussion which had about 30 people in my group. I just found it hard to talk when everyone was speaking over each other.

In the assesment day about 60-70 people turned up after the 1st cut only 25 made it through, and iv been told after the seccond cut only around 10 people made it through

Im going to keep trying as I'm only 21, as they say 'If you dont succeed brush yourself off and try again'

headerbjk
16th Mar 2010, 18:53
Passing the first phase mostly depends on luck (not totally) as they cant equally inspect everone in the group...so dont be sad about it Katty..try harder next time...

DesislavaVS
17th Mar 2010, 09:23
i am waiting for my ticket now guys, but i was wonderin if anyone is going to travel as well on that date 30 03 2010??

Thanks in advance

EKnewbie
17th Mar 2010, 09:44
I went to the Open Day in Galway on the 13th February, there was about 60 people there and we first brought our cvs to the recruitment officer, were given numbers and then we watched some info on dubai and being cabin crew with emirates and the recruiter basically let us ask any questions we might have. Then she said we could continue on that day to the screening process must have been because there wasnt that many people. Think a few people left then because she said if you had any plans like weddings or things like that comin up you might not be given time off. We were then split into two groups I was in the second group so was asked to come back after about an hour and half. Then we were in groups of 7 were we had to stand up and tell everyone what the person on our left biggest achievement to date was. While doing that we individually had to go over and go through our cv quickly and do the reach test, I think everyone was able to reach it. AAnd then we had to make up a fictional dinner party with 6 celebrities, where it would be and what the theme of the party was. While we were doing this the recruiter was going around with list of names marking people I think but mostly i think they she has decided already it would just be if you are really nervous talking.Then we got the letter saying whether we continued on to next screening. There was about 20 people left for the stage of screening which everyone passed too then there was personality test and then we were given times for final interviews. Got the call two weeks later to say my DOJ is 26th april. So medicals done and all just waiting to hear they are all ok and i can resign! If anyone has any more questions about the open day or medical i can try help as much as possible!

lola81
17th Mar 2010, 11:38
congrats on getting through EKnewbie,
could you tell us about your final interview. what questions did they ask. and in the group exercise was if difficult to get a word in? thanks

fly lady
17th Mar 2010, 12:23
hi lola81,

thanks for your reply...:ok:
I was so worried, because, I'm going to be 32 this year...:}

To all of you, who made it through to DXB, you guys must be very excellent!!!:D
Congrats

phaquer
17th Mar 2010, 14:08
err, just a paranoia question for anyone to answer.

1. do they individually check each tooth, even the ones that are at the back part?
2. are they strict with school requirements/compliance?

i hope i get answers.

thanks! :) and see you all in Cebu this 20th! :ok:

Sydneybloggs
17th Mar 2010, 14:58
Hi,
Has anyone else been invited to this AD?? Its my second chance. I didnt make it through the 1st stage last time. Any advice to get me through to the 2:1 interview? Is there a certain way of doing the reach test? Anything I should say to the re-cruters during that 5mins of the reach test? Help PLEASE PLEASE. :)

Thanks all.xxxxx

Sheenab1983
17th Mar 2010, 15:26
Got the job!! After a YEAR waiting so dont give up hope! :ok:

DOJ 26.04.2010 :D

Anyone else on that date? :)

danielfs9
17th Mar 2010, 22:12
Hi guys, I saw lot of good and helpful informations in this forum and I appreciate the time you took to share with us your experiences .
I received an e-mail few days ago with an invitation to the Open Day in Ljubljana for the 27th of March by the EK Recruitment Manager - Cabin Crew.
I was once in Budapest 2005. And it was pretty much like some of you have already described, but unfortunately I did not passed the to the 2nd round. I just had the chance to give to the recruiters my CV have a little chat with them and touch the poster for the height measurement and that was all :-( . Hope this time will be better. I am 35y.o. and I remember in Budapest they said that the 1st contract, you can sign with the age of 38.
Let me know if anyone is coming to this OD, it would be nice already to have some friends..
However I do have one question.
I attended in the 90's the STW/STD ground and practice training in the Training Centre of JAT (Yugoslav Airlines) on the B737-400. I passed the ground training and had two flight as an observer (BEG-AMS-BEG and BEG-CDG-BEG) but never was hired by JAT as it was self-paying training and they put in the contract that they don't have any obligation to hire us but we will have an advantage during the recruitment. Well I left Serbia and I never applied in JAT. My question is what do you think, should I mention that or not? I heard that having this kind of experience could be sword with two edges. What are you knowledge about this topic.
I would like to thank you all, to congrats to all of you that have been hired by EK or any other company,as we all know this is our dream job, right?! :ok:
Hope to see you in LJU or who knows maybe on some EK flight as co-workers!
Daniel

Jagged_J
18th Mar 2010, 06:42
Hello everyone!

I'm new here. This forum is really a big help! Thanks for sharing all your experiences.

Just a question, during the introduction stage, where you introduce your seatmate, do they give time for us to talk with our seatmate or do we have to gather infos ahead? :)

Ekhopeful
18th Mar 2010, 07:34
They give you about 10 minutes

Jagged_J
18th Mar 2010, 07:46
Ah okay. That's relieving. :)
Thanks EKHopeful! Any news from EK yet?
Had been following your posts. :ok:

By the way, do they check your hands individually? I have little scars on my hands. Eeek.

Ekhopeful
18th Mar 2010, 09:05
My status has changed to "your recruitment coordinator will contact you at the earliest". Yessssss!!!!!!

Ekhopeful
18th Mar 2010, 12:27
Sophie13 my fingers, toes and eyes are crossed for you. The girl i made it with got called today, she's leaving on the 19th of April. Good luck.

tompa2005
18th Mar 2010, 14:55
hey all this is my first post! after having my interview on 9th of feb i got the golden call just over a week ago! so excited d.o.j 26/04/10 anyone else joining then too? add me on facebook or something would be good to get to know you guys !! ive been flying for 3 years now half at silverjet and half british midland.so excited to get emirates its been my dream waiting for my medical results then off i go! good luck to those who are waiting ! if you really want to fly for emirates you will succeed ! :ok:

topgun_29
18th Mar 2010, 16:11
Hi last week I've attended an OD in Paris and I succeded to the FI. I've heard we were around 500 first day and to the FI came 52. Now I'm waiting for the response. Good luck to all of you!

cragle
18th Mar 2010, 18:52
just got an email tonight inviting me to ad on Monday!! omg only got 2 days aah. also the tatoo requirements can men have one on the leg as i know we dont wear skirts so didnt think it would be a problme, and also for the ad is it just the email i take and everyhting else is to be taken to FI if im lucky xx

EKnewbie
18th Mar 2010, 20:12
Well the final interview they didnt ask what i thought they would like the normal questions on why do you want to join emirates or be cabin crew or anything like that. They asked you to tell them situations from your job or previous jobs. some of the questions were when have you said no to a fellow colleague and talk about it, when did you make a customer or someone at your job really happy, talk about a situation when you had a great rapport with a customer things like that they kind of let you talk and write alot of what you are saying down! In the group exercise I thought everyone let everyone else say their bit and were all very polite and everyone who wanted to say something was easily able to. I think some of the cuts are made when you have to stand up and talk whether you sound confident then.

EKnewbie
18th Mar 2010, 20:18
Hi Phaquer

The recruiters themselves dont check your teeth but if you get through your final interview the medical forms that have to be completed one is a dental exam and then all the teeth are checked and the form has to be completed to show all fillings, bridges, removed teeth etc even the back ones but i think as long as they look ok thats all that matters!

barrett1987
19th Mar 2010, 01:07
I applied but no reply for the AD in london, shame. Emmirates don't want me=-/

Good luck Cragle. At this rate you will be in at emmirates before etihad!

lola81
19th Mar 2010, 02:12
its not an open day i'm guessing

i think i'm ready for those question too... i hope. it's interesting that in the groups it was so easy to talk. my last time it wasn't. everyone was trying to get their two cents in before the time was up without openly talking over someone. one guy got too caught up in try to solve the problem that he talked a bit too long. blocked a girl from speaking at one point ( asking her if he could get one more second) ! i couldn't believe it. you all know he was cut after that point right. :rolleyes:. i just hope the people that going to be in my group try to help each other by letting each other speak. if we all work together we all could get to that FI. :O

lola81
19th Mar 2010, 02:27
is there anyone here going to the OD in Trinidad. let me know

Jagged_J
19th Mar 2010, 05:33
Congratulations EKHopeful! Our assessment day is gonna be tomorrow. Wish us luck! :)

@ topgun_29.. Can you tell us your experience? :)

Congratulations EKHopeful & tompa2005!
Thanks for sharing your experience EKnewbie (http://www.pprune.org/members/323685-eknewbie).

@ topgun_29, can you tell us your experience? :)

niqui87
19th Mar 2010, 06:52
I only recently found this forum. I'll be at the open day on the 28th in port of spain. Until then I'm reading everything i can about Emirates and trying to be as ready as possible...without panic!

gerjana
19th Mar 2010, 07:18
Congrats EkHopeful I am so happy for you.

I'm done with the medicals just for one week, but the process can be shortened up to 2-3 days. Now I have to upload them and wait. I still do not have all the vaccinations they want but they will probably do the rest themselves. I am so looking forward to traveling to Dubai and starting my training. If you guys have questions do not hesitate to ask :)

Good luck to the rest of the crew waiting :)

Sydneybloggs
19th Mar 2010, 09:38
Hi all,

Also going to the AD on the 22nd (monday) I'm catching a 5:20am train into London :confused:
Exited and scared at the same time. See you there.

Ekhopeful
19th Mar 2010, 11:20
Just got my Golden Call. D.o.j 17th May. Yaay!!!!!

phaquer
19th Mar 2010, 11:30
that has been very helpful. tomorrow is our AD, and i am so excited for my first AD. wish me luck guys. and to all of you too! :)

EK_CC_TOBE
19th Mar 2010, 12:48
Is there anyone here invited for the Osaka AD on the 29th?

danny21
19th Mar 2010, 16:15
Hi,
I recieved my email invite to the Open Day on the 28th on March 11th.
you can contact me at [email protected]
this site has been a great source of information, continue reading it.
Good luck:ok:

luna007
19th Mar 2010, 19:28
Hi, I went to the Open Day in Vancouver Oct. 23/09, but didn't make it through. I'm thinking about going to OD in Toronto Apr. 10/10.
If you didn't make it last time, you have to wait 6 month before reapplying, right?
I've been waiting almost 6 months for this second chance, but it's short 13 days. Should I just go ahead and try it or wait until the next time? I hate waiting :'(
Please anyone, help!

BettyGetty
19th Mar 2010, 23:52
I don't think they will turn you down because of 13 days, if they consider you to be cc material. Therefore I'd give it a try. I went to an OD that turned into an AC - and I did not even have an invitation for the OD plus wore a pants suit as I had no idea that girls were expected to show up in costumes :O I have been successful and just finished my medical tests. Now I'm waiting for the final approval.
Good luck :)

elle_00
20th Mar 2010, 00:25
hey luna007,

would you be willing to tell me approx how many people showed up to the vancouver open day back in Oct? Ill be attending the one on the 27th and was just wondering what to expect. What was your experience like? Was it run through konexion?
By the way, I think you should be fine with the 13 days away from 6 months for the OD in toronto :) good luck!

vovov
20th Mar 2010, 10:13
Hi Guys,

I have a quick question. I recently had my final interview, but it seem that I am not successful :(
I really want to try again but what are the chances to be successful if they have rejected my application once? Do you guys know if there is someone who joined EK after an unsuccessful FI the first time?

Thanks

topgun_29
20th Mar 2010, 13:45
Hi, does anybody know what is an average salary for the begginers including meal allowances and hourly flying pay? And do we receive a welcome bonus upon arrival to Dubai, as QR gives once you arrive to Doha?

Mari
20th Mar 2010, 14:04
Basic salary for G2s: 3915 dhs

Hourly pay for G2s: 50.50 dhs (from chock-off to chock-on, NOT from check-in!)

Meal Allowances in the A380 fleet: appr. 2000-3000 dhs per month

Meal Allowances in the Main fleet: appr. 300-1000 dhs in the first 4 rosters (depends on the number and length of your layovers, there is a chance that you will have lots of turnarounds). After graduation: 1500-3000 dhs a month in a full roster.

Salary deduction: 390 dhs per month in the first 12 months

Flying hours: 900 per year. You will fly 70-110 hours in a full roster, you will fly 40-80 hours if you have leave. (Normally.)

Welcome loan (not bonus): 2000 dhs, deducted from your first 2 salaries.

1 USD is 3.65 dhs.

(Someone wrote previously that it was not true that new-joiners in the Main Fleet had lots of turnarounds during the probation. I checked more than 10 rosters: 4-8 turnarounds, 1-2 layovers usually. I'm sure there are exceptions but don't expect brilliant rosters at the beginning. No swaping, no biding during probation which is 6 months from the date of joining.)

BettyGetty
20th Mar 2010, 14:19
Thanks, Luna007 :) Go for it! :ok:
The medical thingy went pretty smooth, however, I did not manage to get the radiology report in English - the doctor refused to write an English report. I then went to my family doctor who confirmed in English that everything is okay with my chest x-ray.
Has anybody encountered similar problems while getting the medicals done?
Thanks in advance,
Betty

Mari
20th Mar 2010, 14:40
Betty, all the time. (I'm from Eastern-Europe: I had to pay for almost everyhing. No envelope, no English comments. Fortunately, my former classmate is a general doctor, she helped me a lot and wrote most of the English comments and stamped all over my forms.)

lola81
20th Mar 2010, 18:15
i'll try to contact you before OD.

all the people coming to Trinidad OD should try to hook up the morning in the lobby of the Hilton near the door for 8:00 sharp. i think it helps having support all the way through. i know it helped me the first time and i was successful! let me know. I'll be in an orange skirt suit. see you all there and good luck. :ok:

what does chock on and chock off means. take offs?

lola81
20th Mar 2010, 18:24
you should try emailing them to let them know. they may be very busy, that's all. but you should get it before you have to leave. good luck!

ShAmMy FlY
20th Mar 2010, 20:46
Hi All:O

I have a one small question that, is there any specif size of photo graphs that you need to carry with you on the OD..or is it alright that it is bit bigger than the usual size??? Because m planning to attend the OD Rome on 27th..

sooo exicted:mad:

Thanks and good luck everyone!!

tweezers
20th Mar 2010, 21:21
choke on: captain turning the engines on in origin
choke off: cpt. turning the engines off in destination

BettyGetty
21st Mar 2010, 06:42
Thanks for your reply, Mari :) I was a bit worried whether it would be okay that my family doctor confirmed some of the reports I could not get in English.
Betty

headerbjk
21st Mar 2010, 07:35
Got the

You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest

on my account today while trying to log in ...my FI was on 10th of march...so happy right now :))))

ShAmMy FlY
21st Mar 2010, 08:39
Good Luck Headerbjk...:ok:

You will get the golden call very soon:):):)

Me soo excited until 27th and good Luck everyone::):)

Jagged_J
21st Mar 2010, 10:31
Hello everyone. I just had my FI today! I was able to answer the RO's questions but I don't really know if it met her standards. So the waiting begins!

Since this forum helped me a lot, I wanna share my experience during my AD as well.
Our OD & AD were held in Cebu, Philippines.

An agency appointed by EK held a pre-screening for all EK applicants in Cebu last March 4-5. There were around 500 of us for the 2 days. Successful applicants received an e-mail from the agency inviting us for the AD which was scheduled March 20. 62 people were invited.

So during the AD:

1st CUT:
We were divided into 2 groups. I was part of the 1st group. 2nd group waited for their turn outside while we had our Group Discussion.

Group Discussion - 1st group was subdivided into 2 groups.We were asked to introduce the person on our right and tell the group what her hobby is and her favorite book is. While we were gathering infos from our seatmates, the ROs called us one by one to do the REACH TEST. One of the ROs asked me what keeps me busy these days. I answered WORK. And he further asked me what my position's job description is. It was a brief conversation. After all had been called out for the reach test, we began our introduction. 1 RO handled Group 1 and the other RO handled us, Group 2. After everyone has finished with the introduction, we were asked to go outside and wait for the results. We were all given letters, either approval or rejection. There were 8 of us left from Group 1.

2nd CUT
English Test - Pretty basic except for the essay where we were asked to write about the economic crisis. My nose was bleeding! LOL. There was Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Interpreting Signs & Essay as far as I can remember. While were taking our English test, Group 2 did their group discussion. There were 6 left from Group 2 from their Group Discussion. All 8 of us from Group 1 passed the English test but 2 failed from Group 2. So there were 12 of us left all in all for the next stage. We still stayed on our own group.

3rd CUT
Group Dynamics - We were asked to create our own movie and decide what:
1. Type of movie would it be
2. Storyline
3. Leading actor and actress
4. Title of the movie

We just had to discuss and come up with what has been asked. Just make sure you contribute to the group. Don't cut off anyone. Show the ROs that you're listening to whoever is talking but don't look at them. If you agree to someone's suggestion, make sure you give an affirmation. Make sure that you agree with something for what has been asked and make sure you take note of it on your mind because the RO will ask each one of you what you've been discussed and agreed upon. Don't answer them with your own opinion, make sure it's everyone's decision.

1 person from each group did not make it. So there were 10 of us left (7 from our group and 3 from the 2nd group) for the Psychometric Test and we were all scheduled for the Final Interview. :O

They let us choose which day we want to do our FI, either the next day or the day after the next. I chose mine the next day which is today. Hehe.

Final Intervew
The Final Interview questions were all situationals. The RO let me recall and relate to her situations which I have already encountered/experienced. It was basically about how I deal with my customers and my colleagues. It was like a story-telling time.

That was it. :D Sorry for the construction of this post, I'm in a hurry! :8 I hope and pray I made it!

Over-all, as what people have advised previously, be confident, but just enough. Be smiling and friendly. Make sure that you show them that you are a team-player. Most importantly, give them a good impression from the very start & PRAY! :O

Ekhopeful
21st Mar 2010, 11:24
headerbjk expect the call tomorrow by 9:30am your time. Congratulations. Anyone else with their d.o.j on the 17th of May?

honda199
21st Mar 2010, 13:12
hey am sorry to hear that it is true ,you have not made it...you will receive regret email very soon...even i applied through an agency ..and they asked us to fill in online forms form EK website..and after 7 days of my FI my status changed to "your coordinator will contact you at the earliest ",and after a day i recieved the golden call...but its fine never give up you can try after a year ....whatever happens, happens for the good ..all the best for your future ..DON'T GIVE UP

Ekhopeful
21st Mar 2010, 13:27
headerbjk i have my final psychology paper on the 12th of May and i would love to go by next month but 4 years in the university is alot of sweat to throw away so I'll stick out the last months of it. Besides May is just around the corner and I'll join you guys.

Fingerzcrossed
21st Mar 2010, 13:46
and yes i still have to finish my studies..im in my last semester..
so its good to me as well...

lola81
21st Mar 2010, 16:15
did you check their web site

onlybygrace
21st Mar 2010, 18:16
Hi Lola81. I too will be attending the open day in Trinidad on the 28th of tihis month. I wonder if you could shed some light on something for me since you have been through this process already. Can you explain how they go about conducting the reach test. Are we required to reach with both hands or will one hand suffice. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

lola81
22nd Mar 2010, 01:47
hi,
the reach test is done by you taking off your shoes, standing as close to the wall as possible then reaching with one hand as far up the wall as you can ( crossing the line they make). good luck and see you there.

onlybygrace
22nd Mar 2010, 02:05
Thanks much for the response Lola. Is there any other tips you can provide me with?

lola81
22nd Mar 2010, 02:06
so i think my mind is playing tricks on me. :\
by now you all know all i can think about is Emirates , i know you can relate. my thoughts are taking me to the both extremes . first there is the successful thoughts - i go in and it plays like a dream. i remember everything i did and said last time or just doing amazing on this time. they love me and Boom i'm in. :ok::)the second plays like a nightmare - i'm cut after giving up my CV :eek:or after the group scenario exercise. i see myself walking out in slow motion , walking away from my dream (forever). saying to myself how could i have been right for you two years ago and now i'm so wrong:confused:. :(:{:{one more week guys . i can't take the pressure. :oh:

tweezers
22nd Mar 2010, 10:46
I guess I made it!
My OD was Mar, 6, and FI Mar, 8... it's been exactly 2 weeks now and I finally received the message!=)
Thank you guys for your support!

Fingerzcrossed
22nd Mar 2010, 11:14
:(:( i got the rejection email today.......

supergirl0109
22nd Mar 2010, 13:15
hey guys. i'd like to share my experience too, since this forum helped me a lot. its just right to give back.

jagged_j and i went to the same AD so you could refer to her post on some details.

i belonged to the 2nd group of the 1st cut so after introducing our seatmate, our task was to give the RO an itinerary for a whole day visit in Cebu. after that there was a cut.

english test. just reading comprehension, vocabulary then essay. ours was how to help in being an environmental-friendly individual.

then in the group dynamics, same with jagged_j.

in our group, only 3 of us made it through the FI. the first batch was more lucky. during the FI, the RO asks you about your previous jobs and scenarios that test your abilities in handling difficult situation with customers as well as your colleagues.

and now, we are all waiting for the results. the RO said, it would take 4-6 weeks or maybe earlier. but i still have to submit a few things though. i wish all of us from our batch flies to dubai. :E it happens, according to my research. :O

my tips for those who wants to apply:
1) smile a lot! :ok:
2) in group discussions/dynamics, don't cut any people when they're talking. nod when you agree, and avoid disagreeing with them. if you should, then say it in a polite way. don't talk to much, or be so silent.
3) watch your posture.
4) look at your groupmates when talking, don't mind the ROs. pretend that they're not there.
5) remove your coats/blazers for the reach test! (haha)
6) research on emirates, everything about the company. the coporate values, new flight destinations, read forums, everything.
7) make sure this is what you really want.
8) be positive!
9) and pray!!!

if you want it so much, He will give it to you. just believe and trust Him! :ok:

please do pray for me and my batchmates!
we want to receive the golden call! :D

God Bless! :O

cragle
22nd Mar 2010, 16:05
so many of us were cut in the first round, so many different backgrounds and personalities. god knows what they are looking for!

Fla
22nd Mar 2010, 16:41
Hey cragle,
Same thing happened me, I guess Emirates and Etihad are looking for completely different things.

TFM
22nd Mar 2010, 17:47
How many people where at the AD in London and what did you have to do in the first round? Do you know how many people went through to second round?

Thanks

TFM

onlybygrace
22nd Mar 2010, 21:28
Hi, I am going to be attending an Open Day soon. Are there any tips you can give me coming out of your experience. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

lola81
22nd Mar 2010, 23:24
March 18, 2010
Two Emirates cabin crew have received a three month prison sentence in Dubai over sexually explicit text messages, the latest in a string of indecency cases against foreigners, a newspaper reported on Wednesday.
The pair, an Indian flight attendant and her cabin services supervisor, were convicted of "coercion to commit sin" over the messages and initially sentenced to six months in jail, The National newspaper said on its website, citing court documents.
The sentence was reduced on appeal last week to three months and deportation orders against the pair were lifted, it added. It did not reveal the content of the messages.
An Emirates spokeswoman declined to comment on the case as it was still ongoing.
The paper said the case emerged after the flight attendant's husband filed a lawsuit against his wife a year ago accusing her of being in an illicit relationship with her supervisor. It said the couple had been embroiled in a divorce battle since 2007.
The case is the latest decency case against foreigners accused of not respecting local mores.
In a separate case, a British pair caught kissing in public in Dubai is appealing a month-long jail sentence handed down after an Emirati mother complained her child had seen their indiscretion.
The pair, a British man living in Dubai and a female friend, were arrested in November on accusations of kissing and touching each other intimately in public and consuming alcohol, their lawyer said.
In a high-profile case in 2008, a British couple narrowly escaped prison after a court found them guilty of engaging in drunken sexual activity out of wedlock, and for doing so in public on a beach in the emirate.
They were sentenced to three months in prison followed by deportation, but had their jail terms overturned on appeal.
In a separate case this year, a British couple who shared a hotel room managed to escape trial in Dubai for having sex out of wedlock by producing a marriage certificate.

Ekhopeful
22nd Mar 2010, 23:26
Well first relax so you're nerves won't get the better part of you, build up your confidence, and as your name goes its only by God's grace you can achieve this dream. Pray now and if you're an ardent Christian some fasting won't be bad as it prepared my spirit and body. Back to the OD, smile at the RO always and look into her eyes. If you don't hear or understand her ask her to repeat. Structure your answers. If you make it to the group discussion LOOK AT YOUR GROUP MEMBERS when talking NOT the RO. Allow others to be heard but also speak out loud and clear whilst not being bossy. During the English test read the instructions carefully and write clearly. Uhmm... if you make the FI be serious but jovial and smile. Show them how charming you can be and if the recruiters are friendly, get a good joke ready and before hand tell them you have an amazing sense of humour and if they ask for a joke say it. Most importantly PRAY hard and God will see you through.

Jagged_J
23rd Mar 2010, 02:19
@ lola81... Yah, Dubai has this law for out-of-wedlock thingie. So different from ours. Yikes!

@ Fingerzcrossed...I'm sorry to hear about your rejection e-mail.. But keep trying! May I ask what happened during your FI? I'm more anxious with my FI result now! :ugh:

@ Milica8.. I modified my post regarding my AD to make it not too confusing and added more details for your reference. :) Goodluck!

Milica8
23rd Mar 2010, 09:11
Thank you Jagged very much :ok:I am praying for all of you to be successful and I hope I will be one day too.I guess when you get the job it doesn't seem so difficult to get it,but from my perspective it is mission impossible :hmm:

Carina Luz
23rd Mar 2010, 10:40
Hi there!
I´m just new in here... i´ll join EK at 7th June!:)
For now i need to complete all Joining Process, but i´m not able to open the pre-employment medical examination form. Can someone send that to me by e-mail, please?

Thank you so much.

littlewicca
23rd Mar 2010, 14:20
Hi everybody!I had my FI on22nd February..but never received any mail..they told me they will write me even if negative..but nothing at all..I wrote them a mail ,never got an answer..I logged in the website www.emiratesgroupcareer.com (http://www.emiratesgroupcareer.com) and it was written NOT SUCCESSFUL..my question is: they didn't say to me to check in the website, just wait for a mail..could it be aN ERROR?May I go on to hope?:(:bored:

LovelyAlly
23rd Mar 2010, 16:56
Hello Mari. I have a question.

I'm a Korean and my DOJ is 12th of APR..

My question is...
Is there any posibility to become a same training group with the same nationality joiner?

At the same day, 5~7 Korean new joiners departure from Korea... So I just wonder how Emirates training college arrange team member///

Could you tell me your experience?? It would be big help for me... :-)

Thank you for your reply!

luna007
23rd Mar 2010, 20:32
Hi, it was crazy. So many people showed up that day. Even though I arrive at the hotel 30 min early, it was already full. We had to wait about 4 hours to get our turns.
Good luck on your OD!!! Hope you get the job! :D

F.A. again
23rd Mar 2010, 20:40
i could send those forms to you, but will need your email address!!

elle_00
23rd Mar 2010, 23:59
thanks for the info, hopefully its not so crazy this time, but i'll try and show up an hour early just in case!
good luck to you too, i hope you make it through to the FI this time :O

Infamus
24th Mar 2010, 11:01
Hi everybody,

I had just received my golden call this morning :)))))

I had FI on march 3rd ,so 3 weeks aprx:)))

DOJ 26 april

Carina Luz
24th Mar 2010, 12:11
Hi!
Can someone tell me, if we ha access to the internet while we are in training time? during those 2 month, we stand in the training building, is there internet to connect home??:)
And then, in the apartment, how long will take to have internet?
Thanks

danny21
24th Mar 2010, 14:31
I have been preparing for this for the past 2 years. I was looking forward to attending the OD on the 8 Feb 2009 however due to the global economic crisis EK had put a hault on recruitment and it didn't come off. I pray now that i am successful and if i am not, it wouldn't be because i wasn't prepared.

To my fellow country man Lola81 and onlybygrace if you have the opportunity to, read these threads from page one and try and create in your mind the exprience of OD. I have compared alot of AD and OD structures and the all look the same only the topics may change. Any post from these threads will give you some source of information especially from Mari is very helpful.

Airboys article from Mel and Tabletrays will give you really good advice for OD grooming and dress code. EK recruiters are very meticulous and if you want to this "job" career that bad they will expect you to do everything possible to be perfect.

I pray for myself aswell as you guys. I hope I can meet you all on the 28th, and as i was admonished by Mari, READ READ READ!!! you will find every thing you need to be a sucess at OD.
GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS:ok::ok::ok:

spontaneous
24th Mar 2010, 14:41
Ohhhh my, I cannot believe it! From yesterday, I can see the message-"You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest", when I try to log in EK job carreer website...can it be true:eek::eek::eek::eek:
:O

EKIstanbull
24th Mar 2010, 15:09
Hi Guys!!!!! I can not really log in to my account.. It says " you will be contacted by..."

I guess Im accepted..Now waiting for the Golden Call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LovelyAlly
24th Mar 2010, 15:22
Yes, you made it :-)
I had some experience before got my golden call from EK.
They called me after 2 days that messaged showed up.

Congratulation!!!:D

onlybygrace
24th Mar 2010, 17:42
Hi Danny, thank you very much for the advice
and I will pray for your success as well. You have already prepared now the rest is up to God. Rememeber the Lord helps those who help themselves. If it is his will that you be successful you will be.

danny21
24th Mar 2010, 17:54
These are some Flight Attendant interview questions i got online hope this helps someone.
1. Tell us about yourself?
2. What can we do for you today?
3. What kind of work are you looking for?
4. Why should we hire you?
5. How has your education prepared you for a job as a FA?
6. How has your experience working with the public prepared you for a job as a FA?
7. Do you know CPR?
8. Do you have culinary skills? Are you good with food presentation?
9. What are your greatest strengths?
10. What are your greatest weaknesses?
11. What lead you to pursue this career?
12. What is your long range objective?
13. Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
14. How do you plan to achieve your career goals?
15. What do you know about our company?
16. Why do you want to work for this Airline?
17. What do you know about this position?
18. What criteria are you using to evaluate a company which you hope to work?
19. What did you learn at your last position that will assist you for this one?
20. In what ways do you think you can contribute to this company?
21. How well do you communicate written and orally?
22. How do you work under pressure?
23. What motivates you to put forth your greatest efforts?
24. How do you feel about being away from your family for extended periods of time?
25. Are you willing to relocate?
26. Which is more important to you money or the type of job?
27. What type of environment are you most comfortable working in?
28. Do you have a current passport?
29. Do you have an Immunization card for specific travel?
30. How do you determine or evaluate success?
31. What have you learnt from your mistakes?
32. What do you think it takes to be successful in a company like this?
33. What two or three accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction?
Some was though to answer but its good to be prepared:ok:

lola81
24th Mar 2010, 18:56
thank you so much and i wish you all the best as well. you seem very prepared in deed. i pray i 'm too. i'm trying to articulate answers to - tell us about a difficult customer you had and how did you deal with them. And tell us about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker. lol.
onlybygrace i wish you all the best too. we'll all be praying together.

it was my observation from last time and what i have read that they seem to take alot more Trinidadians in comparison to many other places where they take 4 out of 200 or something. last time there were about just over a hundred people at open day and if i'm not mistaken they pick over 10. so anyways the odds are in our favor. hehe.
but despite all that pray!!!!!

lola81
24th Mar 2010, 19:08
by the way guys please don't forget to bring the following:

bottle of water
a sandwich ( or two)
panadol
mints
snack
pens
your application number
a great smile :)
your A game. :ok:

good luck to us all.

Ekhopeful
24th Mar 2010, 19:22
I'm so happy for you spontaneous after all the waiting and being unsure. CONGRATULATIONS. You deserve it. Get ready for the medicals especially your pocket cause trust me, its going to drain you. Plus all the needles. Hope your arms are ready. I just had four vaccinations at once today and trust me my arms aren't happy. But the thought of being part of the Emirates family makes it worthwhile. My mantra during the vaccination session was "D.O.J 17th May, D.O.J 17th May...", it worked wonders. Haha. Hope you enjoy your medicals. Let us know your D.O.J. xoxoxo

marcorix
24th Mar 2010, 20:57
I'm going to attend an open day on 27th of March...
thank you for your encouragements and your tips, It's very difficult to pass it but I hope to be FA with Emirates... I'm praying and pray for me if you can... thank you very much :rolleyes:

primv
25th Mar 2010, 01:35
You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest

Just logged in today and read it. Does it really mean that the Golden Call is coming soon?:O

Jagged_J
25th Mar 2010, 02:21
Yes, you'll get it the next day or two according to them.
Congratulations! When did you have your FI?

What time did you check it? I cannot log in to my account. Maintenance or something.

Unfortunately access to this section of Emirates Group Career Centre website is temporarily unavailable . We regret any inconvenience. Please try again later.

Jagged_J
25th Mar 2010, 04:48
Hello kababayan!

I don't think so. It has only been 4 days since my FI. I think they're on maintenance or something.

But I would love that! Hahahha... Nah, it's too early.

When are you flying to Doha? Congratulations! I have a friend leaving on April 5. She applied last January.

Sophie13
25th Mar 2010, 09:33
2weeks and 1day since my F.I .... the waiting is killing me!

Today, when i try to access my online account it is just 'buffering' and never going the full way to log in ... annoying

more luck to everyone who is waiting on the golden call, and luck to all those attending assessment days and final interviews :ok:

xoxo

Jagged_J
25th Mar 2010, 10:38
Hi Sophie13!

Couldn't get through as well. I think they're having a website maintenance.
Good luck to you! It has just been 4days since my FI.

Waiting, waiting, waiting!

sensible2k4
25th Mar 2010, 10:43
Hey Sophie, 2 weeks to the very minute for me!

Still no news :(

Finger crossed though :ok:

Torontofly
25th Mar 2010, 15:56
Hi Everyone
I am new here and I am attending the open day on April 10 in Toronto,
I had a question about the photos, how many photos and what photos do they need for OPEN day only?

And I am a girl, so should my hair be tied back or I can leave it down? I have medium length hair , a little bit below my shoulder

Any other advices would be really helpful

Sophie13
25th Mar 2010, 17:12
Hey, your photos for the open day arent that important as they are only so the recruiters can identify you throughout the process. I didnt take professional photos to the OD along with my CV. I got my mum to take them at home- in them i wore a black suit(showing fugure), hair neatly back off my face- ears visible, skin coloured stockings and quite alot of makeup including lipstick. make sure you are smiling in them too. For the final interview you will need professional photos so if you had time to have them done before the OD they would be fine aswell.

But I'd say wear your hair up to the OD for sure, just make yourself look like you would if you got the job- thats what they like to see

hope that helps

any other questions you can private mail me
good luck :ok:

joeNaBB
25th Mar 2010, 17:55
Hi everyone :bored: i just joined and was wondering if any one could help me.... I'm attending OD on sunday in hilton and was kinda feeling that maybe i dont have the requirements for the job... I love interacting with people and and i am over friendly but i have been a graphic artist all my life... i have always loved the idea of being a flight attendant and always looked up to them :O i dont have any training in the line of work, but i have great passion for customer satisfaction... do you guys think i have a shot?

Please let me know... thanks:rolleyes:

lola81
26th Mar 2010, 00:01
welcome,
no past experience as a flight attendant is fine. you have experience in customer service and that's what really matters.

see you at Hilton on Sunday i'll be there too. good luck

PerthGirl
26th Mar 2010, 01:35
Hey Everyone

Just discovered this forum! Was wondering if anyone is flying out of Perth on the 30th March?

Just got my accommodation details and im staying at the Obaidulla Building in Al Qusais... anyone know what this area and what the apartments are like?

Thanks for your help :)

Mari
26th Mar 2010, 05:23
I'm also curious how Obaidullah Building and the apartments are. PerthGirl, if you received any info, share it with us, please.

Ekhopeful
26th Mar 2010, 07:03
I don't have to do the vision report and refused to do the pap smear so how do i indicate that in the pending documents list also do i need to upload a passport picture in the security clearance section?

gerjana
26th Mar 2010, 08:06
You can indicate in Appendix 2 that you refused Pap test! As for the Ophthalmic Report I didn't upload it and my medicals are completed.( Maybe they assume that you upload the medicals at once and if you have not uploaded this test then you don't need it).
And on the security section you will have to upload your passport and passport size picture.
I hope I have been helpful :)

Ekhopeful
26th Mar 2010, 08:46
Thanks you have been most helpful. I couldn't take all the vaccines but i took yellow fever, hepatitis b, meningitis and tetanus. The rest like chickenpox, typhoid and hepatitis a are so expensive here in Ghana so i decided to have them in DXB, do you think its advisable? Have you also received your final approval?

D-Rock
26th Mar 2010, 10:12
I didn't have any customer service experience when I selected as cabin crew for Emirates, so just show them your passion and make them believe you can do that job! First of all be yourself and let them to see the light in your eyes :)

spontaneous
26th Mar 2010, 12:06
YES, the Golden Call!!! I received the Golden Call-on FRIDAY:}:))) I have waited 26 days for it like Moe. Ismail........my D.O.J is 17 May.

At first, I thought that I had failed at my FI. Then I had to sent additional photos and here is the result. I am in:p
Friends, do not give up if you think this is the job for you, I was rejected twice from Qatar Airways but here is my approval for EK:p:p:p:p:p
My advice is : Be prepared for the interviews-100%, get as much information as possible from this forume, then share your experience with the others who want to try. Wear your best business attire, be polite and always smile! :ok:

PerthGirl
26th Mar 2010, 13:08
Mari - were just discussing if we had met at the AD... havent heard anything about the accommodation but staying hopeful.. if not, then I will definatly post details on here next week once i get there :)

fly lady
26th Mar 2010, 13:52
Hi JaggedJ...and all of you in this forum :)

I've been browsing through this forum, and found out this forum help me a lot:ok:

I would like to ask,for the OD in Cebu,was it any English test for the preliminary selection?..Just wondering, so I know how to prepare my self...:)

Thanks a bunch for your information....:ok:

tweezers
26th Mar 2010, 14:12
Hey!
I just received my golden call this morning at 9.34! It had been a long wait since I had received my "you'll be contacted..." message on monday!

Ps. @Ekhopful: You owe me a dinner girl!;)

Ekhopeful
26th Mar 2010, 16:02
I'll definitely keep my promise. P.m me your email address so we can stay in touch till our D.O.J. I'll give a nice dinner. Congratulations. Get started with your medicals asap

joeNaBB
26th Mar 2010, 16:14
OMG thanks so much you guys..... I think that was just what i needed to boost my confidence for OD... I wish everyone the best of luck on Sunday @ Hilton and I look forward now to this new experience....

ALL SMILES:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::O

Torontofly
26th Mar 2010, 19:02
hey what colour do the passport photos have to be for open day , the background colour? and how many photos?

lola81
26th Mar 2010, 19:59
hi,
everyone has to do the vision test ( its the one with the letters). even if you don't wear glasses. on the forms the doc has to state uncorrected 6/6 ( if perfect without glasses) or corrected 6/6 ( with glasses).
also you dont have to take all your shots before you leave you can take the rest there but i think that will be at a cost to you, hope this helps

for the open day your passport size pic should have white background ( and big smile). if you get to FI then they would ask for six more with a full length photo also light background and two casual pics. good luck

less than two days to my open day! :):ok:i got my pics done today ( they look great). i'm ready guys. God will take me through the rest. i'll let you all know what happens. :ok:

Montreal76
27th Mar 2010, 11:59
About the passport colour why dont you send a quick email to the agency that is doing the preliminaries they will tell you what exactly you need, and if you get through the interviews with EK they will refer a photo shop for you to go and take the pictures... Good Luck

tina31
27th Mar 2010, 12:57
Hey everyone,
is anyone planning to attend OD in Zurich on April 3,2010!?
I could use some company! :)
Does anyone know how many people usually show up!?
Don't know what to expect!:confused:

Jagged_J
27th Mar 2010, 13:27
For the prelimanary screening by the agency appointed by EK, they just assess you physically for any scars, birthmarks, etc. No English test. Just a short interview.. Since I came in a bit late, my interview was together with 4 other applicants. They did it by 5 since there were too many people. They just asked us to stand in front one by one and introduce ourselves and tell them why we want to be a cabin crew. :) Where's the OD you're gonna attend to? Goodluck!

fly lady
27th Mar 2010, 14:06
Hi everyone…..

I want to share my experience during the OD in Jakarta today.

Well, I didn’t make it. Only GOD knows, what’s wrong with me?

So, let me just start from the beginning. I am 31 years old now, already married, but my husband give me full support for me to get this job. He knows I want this job so so so badly. I have customer service background; I worked for BA in Jakarta as a ticketing and currently working for French company as a secretary. I was once selected as a Gulf Air flight attendant Anyway; I’ve been waiting for this event for the last 3 years.

The event started at 09:00 am and it was very crowded there, it was about 500 people there. I handed my CV, after that, height measurement. They asked us to wait for the 1st elimination, group discussion.
The preliminary selection was done by the agent, not by Emirates.

The situation was very crowded. It’s not a group discussion though, more look like a debate. The lady from the agent; asked us to discuss 3 destinations to visit in Jakarta for only one day.

During the group discussion, I was acting as my self, not faking, keep smiling, calming, not too over confidence, not dominate the whole discussion, but, I gave my opinion, listening to others, not disagree, not talk too much, not nervous, appreciate what other says, and maintained eye contact with everybody in the group. I even forgot to see the recruitment agent!!...

When I was trying to give another opinion, I was cut off. The three girls who dominated the whole discussion made it to the next round. So, at the end, the lady asked one of the girls to present the final result. She didn’t ask us whether it was our final decision or not, like, am I correct. So, it’s all her opinion though. She was disagreeing through the discussion, but she made it to the next round…

I was crying all the way from the hotel. Until now I’m still crying and feel my self as a big looser. I wore brown blazer, the color similar to EK uniform, and knee length skirt. I tied up my hair, but not too high, with color skin stocking. Not too much make up. I went to see my dentist one week before this event. I don’t have problem with my skin complexion. Although I’m 31 now, like most Asian, I look younger than my age, like everybody said. I’m not fat and my BMI is quite ideal. I’ve been prepared my self, study like crazy, did the psychometric test online, review my English grammar and the basic math.

I’m not trying to fake my self, I’m mean, I’m trying to behave as the way I am. Not too over confidence, friendly, as I made friends during this event. Smile a lot. Listen what other’s opinion, gave them chance to speak…..I’ve been fasting, as soon I knew this event and pray hard.

Anyway, it didn’t work. I don’t know why, is it because I’m 31 already?...or because my marital status?.... I don’t know…Anyone could help me to give any suggestions?...Your suggestions would be highly appreciated…

Until now, I’m still crying, and feel totally as a big looser.
For all of you out there, from what I’ve got today, speak out loud, don’t give other chance to express their opinion, otherwise, you won’t hear and you won’t get the job. That’s what I learnt from today event.:{:{:{:{:{:{

Good luck to all of you out there….

PS: I’m sorry for this post, because, this is what I got from today event. And from the others I heard that, all the girls who made to the next round spoke a lot during the group discussion. This is true and that’s the reality.

lola81
27th Mar 2010, 14:26
i am so sorry.

kenyan85
27th Mar 2010, 15:13
I'm so sorry you didn't make it. This job must mean a lot to you in that you seem to have a lot of interest in it. I'm sure what you're feeling right is far from pleasant.

I just want to let you know that - and I know how cliché this sounds - everything happens for a reason. Whatever was meant to be shall be. You did your best. Maybe it just wasn't your time. I'm sure you also took some valuable lessons away from this event, so you're wiser for having done so.

Have you ever thought of going for an AD in a nearby country? Seeing that you really want this. You mentioned this was an OD, right? Just save up on airfare, and try applying for an AD in a nearby country. If you really want this, the universe will conspire to ensure that you get it.

Lastly, but not least - don't lose faith. God must've had a reason to do whatever he did. After all, He is in control. Keep praying. Accept things as they are. And never give up. God bless!

For the Trinidadians going for their OD tomorrow, I wish you godspeed and good luck. Remember, positive thoughts, pray, smile and don't doubt yourself. Let us know how it goes!

xxx

Slizzy Lebanesy
27th Mar 2010, 17:24
:D:D:D:D:D
I finally received my golden call yesterday believe me the waiting kills , but at the end it was worth it , i did my final interview on the first of march , so i waited exactly 25 days i really do not know how they passed , anyway my date of joining is on the 3rd of may

let me share what happened with me , after my final interview i kept checking my account on emirates website but after one week from that i tried to log in many times i could not , ( invalid user name or password ) every time i try to log in this appears in red . so i was worried all the time , i thought i was rejected or something , but thank god i finally got the call and i am accepted :):):):):) .

congratulations for all the ones who got their call and good luck for the rest that are still waiting . and who did not get it this time do not give up just keep trying and you will get it next time hopefully .

Mari
27th Mar 2010, 18:50
Dear FlyLady,

you are not the only one: there will be around 485 disappointed boys and girls by the end of this selection process in Jakarta.

You did your best, you tried hard. What else could you have done?!

As a matter of fact: your age and martial status is not ideal but not bad, either. (Only appr. 10% of the new joiners are over 30 - most of them experienced cabin crew - and less than 10% is married at the time of the Open Day.) You cannot change your age and you won't get divorced only for this job, right? I'm pretty sure that lots of young, single and pretty girls got rejected, as well.

Unfortunately, there is no feedback from the agency or the recruiters, so you will never find out what they were exactly looking for. You shouldn't feel a loser as you took a chance and went for this event. You can try it after 6 months again, maybe you will have more luck next time.

Jagged_J
28th Mar 2010, 00:46
Sorry to hear that girl.
But he's right, since your OD was conducted by an agency, you might wanna attend the actual AD from a different place they might have different standards.

during our AD, only 1 of the 4 presenters after the group discussion got through the next stage. To think about it, all the presenters were really good in speaking. Those who spoke a lot and cut off people did not make it.

So just try again. Try to attend ADs.

phaquer
28th Mar 2010, 05:49
i had my FI last march 22, but because i was not a native of the place that i had my FI and i did not bring with me some of the documents that were needed to further expedite my application process, i lacked: my high school diploma, certificate of employment, and the 2 casual photos.

guys, where do i need to send that to? do i have to physically send them over to dubai or would scanning all the pertinent documents and pictures suffice?

moreover, does being a smoker lessen your chances of passing the medicals? i heard that they are pretty strict when it comes to the dark spots on the lungs, which, if you are a smoker, you have more chances of having. what's the deal with smoking and passing the medicals?

appreciate any answers from you guys.

thanks. :)

Montreal76
28th Mar 2010, 08:29
Besides the obvious about smoking ! Why would the company hire someone prone to being sick to someone with less risk ? that said the company is filled with smokers, everyone smokes in from locals to foreigners. EK does long flights LAX and SFO 16 hours, can you survive that long without cigarettes, can your body take it breathing recycled air for that long ? You have to put yourself in their shoes , they are investing a lot of money into the recruitment process !

Good Luck

Wewe
28th Mar 2010, 09:25
Hi, you should have some papers about working for emirates from AD with your name on the top and date of FI- there is an email address inside. You can send them scans of the documents they need. And dont worry about chest x-ray, be sure that its because of TBC not smoking:-) good luck!

Ekhopeful
28th Mar 2010, 09:54
send your documents to [email protected]. State your name, reference number, date of your final interview and city and country of your final interview

phaquer
28th Mar 2010, 10:09
Thanks man. That was really helpful. I plan to fax them all in by tomorrow, and I hope this will be the start of my dream for me. Goodluck to us all and God bless! :)

Pupsik
28th Mar 2010, 10:57
If i cannot open or download the Medical check docs on the website - where can i take them from then ?!?!

Mari
28th Mar 2010, 11:01
Smoking - hopefully, you are OK. Why are you scared already?! Do you have dark spots?! Are you sick???

If you are healthy, it's great. If you are not: bye-bye. They ask about smoking because of your flatmate.

If they ask you about smoking, tell the truth. Yes, say maybe 10 cigies a day. (Which is better than one or two packs.)

I let you know something: your tongue doesn't lie. If they look into your mouth, they will se right away if you are a smoker or not. Here is the thing: if you stop smoking for 1-2 weeks, your tongue will be nice, healthy pink again. If they see some spots on the X-ray, you can say: yes, I used to be a smoker for xy years but I quit. The other reason for spots could be the air pollution in big cities. (Like Milan, Pittsburgh, Mexico City etc.)

Smoking is not healty, everybody knows that. Although, having a cigi after a very long, stressful flight with a glass of wine: it's fantastic! I also encourage you to give it up, however it will be very difficult in Dubai as lots of people smoke here and the cigarette is very cheap (a pack of Marlboro costs 6 dhs, so 1.2 euros).

phaquer
28th Mar 2010, 11:13
Thanks a lot for that information, mari.

Nope, i have not seen dark spots on my lungs yet -- but i am just so afraid that they might appear because i have been a smoker for the past 5 years or so now. but a week prior to my final interview until now, i have managed to limit my cancer sticks to just 2 cigs a day.

I was just scared because from what some of the people here have mentioned, they are very particular with the lungs, and if spots can be spotted through the X-Ray, that would mean the termination of your dream to be an EK CC.

Just to be on the safe side though, I will have my X-Ray taken tomorrow (even when I do not have the go signal yet from HR to undergo medicals) so I can be prepared for whatever.

I just hope there's no dark spots. Sigh.

Slizzy Lebanesy
28th Mar 2010, 12:16
i received email today with my user name and new password for candidate portal to log in and view my contract and start my medicals , but i still can not log in same like before ( invalid user name or password ) what should i do? any help please , i called HR but could not get them , all i got is voice mail , i emailed the recruitment department still no reply . what should i do guys anyone experienced this before , mari canu help ?

thanks guys and mari

primv
28th Mar 2010, 13:08
I did my FI on March 11th. My status is still " you will be contacted..." and so far I'm waiting! let's see!!

fly lady
28th Mar 2010, 16:11
Dear Mari,kenyan85 ,lola 81 and jaggedj,

Thank you so much for your reply. I feel much better now.
Now, I'm thinking not to chase my dream job anymore. Because my age and my marital status.
The agency and EK prefer young and energetic crew instead, I already expired...LOL
Although,deep in my heart I still want this job so so so badly.

Thank you so much and good luck for all of you out there. XXX

lola81
28th Mar 2010, 18:57
today turned into a open day without doing any of the assessments ( height test,english test) or anything. this was because of the sheer number of applicants. it seem to be over 400 people of all different walks of life. i mean from the young and giggly to the mature and serious, much more that the last time. i met some real kool people there, what's up Larry! so anyways the recruiters moved us into a bigger conference room and asked us to row by row bring up our CVs. they told us that if we were to pass this elimination they would call us by 7:00pm today. if we didn't hear from them by then well...:(
so i have my phone charged on the loudest ring and by my side :ok:.
i'll keep you all updated. :):eek:. wish me luck.

E.K Eire
28th Mar 2010, 20:34
Hi all.

My Doj is April 12th from Dublin. Just wondering, is it essential to bring the x-ray film as well as the radiologists report?? I just have the report as the hospital I went to would not give me the x-ray film. :ugh:

On arrival are we brought temporary accommodation until completion of training?

See you in Dubai:ok:

lola81
29th Mar 2010, 02:07
i got the call... tomorrow here i come. day two!:)

Mari
29th Mar 2010, 05:58
Why did you choose orange suit for a job interview?! (Nice colour for EasyJet, though!) It might look good with the dark skin but still... If you want to be on the safe side and achieve the "business look", wear black, navy blue or dark grey suit with skirt.

sassykite
29th Mar 2010, 08:43
Does anybody know what the process is for rejoiners. I left as sfs 3 years ago, would i start again as grade 2 , also i am 34 now, is it too late?

any help on this matter much appreciated!!!

Ekhopeful
29th Mar 2010, 12:14
Is anyone else experiencing problems with logging in to the Ek careers site? I'm trying to upload the rest of my medical documents and its always taking me back to the welcome page

gerjana
29th Mar 2010, 12:35
EkHopeful, I experienced the same problem few days ago. Just wait a bit and try again later. They probably have some difficulties with so many candidates and this is a common issue :)

Mari
29th Mar 2010, 12:37
Rejoiners

The procedure is the same like for everyone: you need to attend an OD or AD.

I would recommend to write a short note on your cv ("objective") that you want to re-join. When they look at your cv, they will see that you are ex-Emirates.

No, 34 is not late, you should be fine.

You will start as G2. However, you need to discuss your career development with your manager. I personally know a lovely Indian girl who rejoined 2 years ago and she just became a purser. It took her exactly one year to become SFS after joining the company again. You will work as G2 for a while, than - hopefully -, you go for business if there is a course for you, then SFS right away. Although, be careful with the sick days: they are very strict on that nowadays.

(Note: Emirates really needs people now. They asked people in the Main Fleet to give up their leave in April and May. The SFS position is opened for G1s now: yes, no first class experience is required. There is a short 3-day-course - First Class skills training - before the SFS pool. There are many training courses and upgrades, so it shouldn't be a problem to go up quickly.)

Prepare your CV and go for an Open Day. I'm sure you can contact your old friends at Emirates, I think they will tell you to do the same. It shouldn't be a problem for you to go through the selection process. Recruiters must be aware of the procedure, as well. If you had a good reason to leave the company 3 years ago, they should take you again.

Good luck!

Flick_87
29th Mar 2010, 13:00
Does anyone know how long it takes after the final interview, from your file arriving in Dubai to the golden call/rejection email?

My file was being sent out to Dubai last Tuesday from London.

Thanks, :confused:

marcorix
29th Mar 2010, 13:12
Hiiiiii my friends.... :cool:

I passed the OD, the day after I had an AD...:D
I passed all the steps :ok:but i fell in the latest before the FI...:=
ooohh noooo...... :{
and now???
A long six months period to try again...:ugh:...:ouch:
anyway, thank you very much Emirates for the dream that seemed not far and I hope to dress the your uniform one day :rolleyes: and good luck to all my firends with their final interview...:D

fly_ATW
29th Mar 2010, 14:16
Hello everyone. I have had my FI last week and after the interview, I was asked to do the logic test. :(

1. Why was I asked to take the test?
2. Are the chances of being hired high or low?

and my last question is

3. What is an EK portal? Where do you see this status : "you will be contacted soon"?

Thank you so much and Good luck to all of us!:ok:

zerozol
29th Mar 2010, 15:03
Hi everyone!
Congrats to the successful ones here! :)

I attended the open day in Ljubljana, along with 62 other, wich is a quite low number, huh? :)

I failed at the 1st elimination.

It started at 9 a.m., Sonia from Ireland and Damien from Australia were the 2 recruiters. Sonia lost her baggage so there wasn't video presentation, but they spoke about everything, life in Dubai, the company's vision and ethics etc.

We dropped off our CVs during this speech, with a very small chit-chat like "how are you today". The 1st impression!!! Very important: try to be not too timid, but not too forward as well! Very hard... i think i was too mousy here.
My CV was quite strong, i work in the customer service area (travel agency), speaking 3 foreign languages, have lived in a foreign country for 1 year, etc. I'm 28, by the way. :)

Then, at around 11.30 a.m., they divided the people into 2 parts: the first one, including me, went for a short break, the other one had to leave and come back at 1 p.m.

After the break the 1st task was: listening and comprehension.
"Tell to the person on your right what would you do with 1 million $!"

That was not difficult, so after getting and giving the information, we just spoke about everything. During this task, everybody had to go one by one to a recruiter (ours was Sonia), touch a sign at 212 cms, and then sit down with the recruiter and answering a question: "why did you came up today?"

An other impression for the recruiter: very important! Here too, try to be very balanced in your style of speaking, and try not to be very general like "my dream is flying".

Then everyone stood up one by one and had to tell to the group what she/he heard from the person in left. You have to look at your mates, the recruiters said! So speak to them, not to the recruiters! Clearly, not too loudly, but not too undertoned.

The 2nd task was: group discussion. " Give a definition to 'success'! "
You have to act in a group, that's clear for everybody here, i suppose. :) There's no place for dominating or submissive behaviour there!
We started very good, but 1 girl was very upset about this task and said: success is different for each and every person. Okey, we said, but here and now we must to find out something. :)
She eventually take the words over, and then she stood up as spokeswomen: "we didn't find a group decision, but success is this and that etc.", she said.

Epic fail!!! Never say "there's no decision"!

Before that, i felt that maybe it would be better to have an other spokeswomen/-man, but didn't want to take it over, remember, dominance is not okey! Or yes?... :) Sometimes yes, can be!
You have to feel the power of the particular situation during your Open Day/Assessment Day! Difficult, but try to find the balance between the 2 sides of dominancy! :)

That was it, after this all of our small group had the "sorry"-paper when going out from the room...

In other groups, if i remember well, 2-3 was successful out of the 6-8 persons, and had to come back at 2.10 p.m. There were very sympathetic and good looking girls failing in the same time as me, they was in a successful group, they behaved in a very good way, but still, they failed...

Another thing: you should wear business attire!!! Black/dark brown/dark blue suites, costumes! No jeans, no t-shirts...

I wish a very successful ( :) ) recruitment for all of you, girls and boys!

Cheers!

Mari
29th Mar 2010, 16:29
Not really. You have to go through the whole assessment (as I understand) which starts on 11th.

Mari
29th Mar 2010, 16:46
Dear Zoli,

I'm so sorry about this experience.

Well, you definately didn't have luck with the group and with this girl.

You are right, you shouldn't be agressive, what they are looking for is ASSERTIVENESS. In this particular case: yes, someone (anyone!) should have taken over the leader's position and make the group work together to achieve the common goal. You need to speak up if the situation is critical.

This group discussion is really similar to that other girl's experience during the EasyJet assessment, remember? All four of them had to leave after the exercise as the group simply was not able to function and the members didn't work together.

I'm really sad for you but I hope you will be more confident and luckier next time.

Thanks for sharing your experience on pprune!

simogagarine
29th Mar 2010, 17:06
as it was an open day on 27th the recruitment took one day for selecting candidates by the agency which is appointed by emirates, and on 11 it will be an assessment day held by EK RO then on 12 will be the FI. I dont know what should i do regarding this issue as i cant get there on time.

Mari
29th Mar 2010, 17:29
So, I understood correctly.

You need to go through the Assessment Day first. You cannot jump to the final interview stage just like that and they won't make a mini-assessment only for you on 12th. Obviously.

The AD is on 11th. Therefor you need to be there on 11th.

If you cannot make it this time:
You need to go for an Emirates OD wherever or whenever is appropriate for you. If you apply for another AD, you need to go through the initial screening by the agency AGAIN.

primv
29th Mar 2010, 20:14
Hiii guys!

Ive been so worried today, Ive just found out that the statement you will be contacted by your recruitment cordinator at the earliest does not mean you made it, as one guy received the unsuccesfull e-mail while his profile was with this statement!:ooh: so now...Im not sure about anything!!

Jagged_J
30th Mar 2010, 00:43
Really?? Did he receive the rejection e-mail immediately after his status was changed?
]

lola81
30th Mar 2010, 00:46
i got there early just after 8:00 in my orange suit. haha.

there were about 53 of us for today an another group set for tomorrow. we were in two groups and in each group was asked to speak to the person to our left ( some got those instructions wrong and took the information of the person to their Right). we were asked to find out something about them and if they were invisible for one day what would they do?

while we did that we were also taking part in the height test.it seemed to be higher this year!:)

then it was time to stand one by one and speak to your group. most did well but some seemingly thought this was an invitation to practice their whispering or find a way to talk about themselves.

i referred to the person to my left as "my new friend". also when i spoke i did so to as many smiling faces as i could ( not to the recruiters) with a big smile.

we then had another group discussion. this one they did not observe they simply came back from deliberating the last test to get the end result. one person from each of the two groups had to sum up the task - we had to plan a day for our recruiters here in Trinidad from morning to night.

unfortunately the two persons whom stood up for their group were sent home ! but they were not alone they left with about a quarter of the room.

i made it through to the next stage! next we had the group scenario test. this was the assessment that i most dreaded and with good reason!!!!:(

i tried my best to watch everyone that spoke while smiling and occupationally nodding. i put forward two main suggestions to our discussion - if we were the last people on the earth what mammal, bird, plant and an invention would we save. the girl whom was shooting down my answers did it in a not so nice way 'what does that have to do with the survival of the human race' :ooh:.

i just smiled and when someone made another suggestion i said that's a good idea too. they sent us out of the room while the other smaller groups took their turn. i still had hope at this point because at least i said something and i was kind. :confused:

they then called us back in and gave us our letter. well that was it guys i got the congratulations! i couldn't believe it. i looked around and i was just in time to catch the girl that shot down all my ideas walking out. := my advise is never openly put down anybodies ideas even if you disagree you can express it in a friendly and better way. and if you get criticized take it with the best possible attitude. don't get too caught up with your idea getting dismissed. that's not important. its the way you work with others. :ok:

mari- thanks for the advise, but the orange wasn't that bright or anything and my skin is dark so you are right it did look good with it. :)

i have my FI on Wednesday. i am so excited. I'll keep you guys updated. good luck to all of you. Day three here i come.

Mari
30th Mar 2010, 01:58
Very interesting! Actually, that might be a mistake... somewhere...

I read it here (in this topic) that someone who got the rejection letter was contacted 3 weeks later that "congratulations, you got the job". Too many applicants, mistakes might happen. Let us know if he gets the Golden Call after all...

lola81
30th Mar 2010, 01:59
hi,
for me the recruiters were different this year. also 2005 was a ways away, i'm sure you have grown and developed since then so dont let that keep you back. even if it were the same recruiters the six months has long past so you are welcome by Emirates to reapply. smile be friendly and neat and you should do fine. think positively and be confident. good luck

fly_ATW
30th Mar 2010, 02:07
Hello everyone. I have had my FI last week and after the interview, I was asked to do the logic test. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/sowee.gif

and my last question is

3. What is an EK portal? Where do you see this status : "you will be contacted soon"?

Thank you so much and Good luck to all of us!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Mari
30th Mar 2010, 02:10
Kandy,

there are ONLY assessment days in London. (As far as I know.) Are there open days (walk-in event, invitation is NOT requried), as well?

You went through an agency, right?

(This first round is like the cv drop-off on an Open Day. If you went through, you were part of the "screening process". You are registered somewhere which might come out later. If they find it out, you will be rejected. Read back: it happened to a girl who made it to the Final Interview!!! Meaning: they might/might not check it at the final stage of the recruitment process.)

Did you go through the initial selection? Did you go for the assessment with the Emirates recruitment team?

Are you applying through the same agency this time?

If yes, they keep the records for sure. Meaning: you need to wait 6 months between the two selections. (You can apply earlier but 6 months gap needs to be between the two events.)

If you did NOT make it through the cv-selection by the agency the first time, you should apply again. There is no harm.

There are recruiters who request Londons as they want to see their families and friends. There is a chance that you come across the same people.

You went for the AD (I think it was not an OD) on 5th January 2010, right?!

(Kind request: Would you mind using capital letters, too, and break the text you are writing by using punctuatial marks - .,?:! -, please. It's hard to understand what you write. Thanks.)

Mickeysden
30th Mar 2010, 07:12
I'm not tall enough for Emirates!! Only few cm's less!! Do I still have a chance..

Sophie13
30th Mar 2010, 08:08
after 3weeks of waiting still no call but there has been a SLIGHT change to my emirates account ... my status now says APPROVAL IN PROGRESS ... really hoping that will change to a 'you will be contacted by ...' soon ...

good luck every one!:ok:

fly_ATW
30th Mar 2010, 08:37
Hello everyone. I have had my FI last week and after the interview, I was asked to do the logic test. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/sowee.gif

and my last question is

Thank you so much and Good luck to all of us!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Ekhopeful
30th Mar 2010, 08:47
I agree with Mari. There must be a mistake somewhere. I have not heard of that one and I'm sure he'll get a call. It must have been an HR mistake. Its either they made a mistake with updating his status instead of writing not successful or vice versa

D-Rock
30th Mar 2010, 10:49
I wonder how many days the approval of medical and security documents takes if all of them are OK?

tweezers
30th Mar 2010, 11:33
I had received the golden call on friday, and the email that contains my password and username(for the candidate portal access) arrived on sunday (march, 18th) and since then whenever I try to log on with the username and the password they sent me, it says "invalid username/password" and I called the number that called me for the golden call yesterday, noone picked up so I left a message to the answering machine, and I also sent an email about the case and still no reply... i called that number thousands of times today and still noone picks up...

Is there anyone on the same boat with me? And more importantly can you tell me a way to actually reach an EK HR representative???? Please help, I just can't proceed with my medicals just because of that=(

supergirl0109
30th Mar 2010, 12:00
what does APPROVAL IN PROGRESS status mean?

does it mean that you're gonna be accepted?

thanks to those who'll reply! :}

phaquer
30th Mar 2010, 12:06
Your status is alreadt approval in progress? This is Clyde by the way. :)

supergirl0109
30th Mar 2010, 12:14
yep.

i don't know what that means though.
maybe they're just checking my file.
i sent my lacking documents last tuesday. :ok:

phaquer
30th Mar 2010, 12:16
i just read your fb message. but that was for the dubai AD, is that right?
wah. i just sent all my remaining documents yesterday (because high school diploma had to be regenerated from my school) :( i guess you're on your way to dubai already. :D wait for me, batchmate! weee! :D

gerjana
30th Mar 2010, 13:47
I hope the information that I will give you will be helpful.
On my FI I was asked to do the logical(raven test). After one week I received the golden call. However this is not a good or a bad sign. I don't know why they are giving this test or the chances to be hired. All I know that you will have to wait....and wait....and wait. This is the killer part.
I am done with all my paper work now(medicals,documents for security and so on) and I am still waiting for my final approval. Waiting is not my strong side but there is nothing else we can do :).
I wish you luck :)

mcnr
30th Mar 2010, 15:44
Hi everyone!

I´m just new in here... i´ll join EK at 3th May!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif
For now i need to complete all Joining Process, but i´m not able to open the pre-employment medical examination form. Can someone send that to me by e-mail, please?

my e-mail address is : mcaneraltunbulak@hot

Thank you so much

zerozol
30th Mar 2010, 17:00
Dear Mari,

thanks for your compassion and support! :) But you know: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! :))

Good luck for every candidate! Cheers

Mikz
30th Mar 2010, 18:10
hey everyone... sorry for the late post.. but i would like to share my experience with you guys..:ok:
(mainly since i havent see anyone from italy contributing such info..)

i attended the open day on the 27th in rome..... where they basically had an introduction to the dubai lifestyle and what we have to expect from being a flight attendant.. and what a great company ek is.....!
as we were around 200 people.. as the hall was already divided into two parts.. the recruiters sat behind a table.. one on the right and on the left... and asked each one to come forward and hand in the cv... as we approached they greeted us being so friendly told us to take a seat... and they asked some questions from our cv.. and asked us to write down a contact number.. and they told us that the successfull ones would get a ring by 19.00.....
i got mine, as i was walkin home at around 16.00... yeh!.. i was really excited..

Day 2 : since they asked to come at 8.30.. i went there early... and i was really surprised to see that there were so little candidates... (later i got to know we had been shortlisted to 58) we were asked to enter the hall and while doing so.. each one got a sticker with a reference number and first name written on it.... everyone had to paste it on the suit...
then the ROs told us what were going to expect today.. and that it was going to be a long day.. they divided us to 2 groups.. i was in the 2nd.. and we had to do the famous introduction to the person on the left.... they main questions we had to ask was something about them that is not there in the cv.. and if the person were to be invisible for one day....! while we were busily asking questions from the person to the left.. the recruiters called 1 by 1 to do the reach test.. girls had to remove their heels... there was a ek poster on the wall and everyone had to touch above it.. and after doing that we had to sit down in front of the RO and she asked some questions regarding your previous job for 2 min..... after that we returned to our circle and each one stood up.. and did the introducing.... i was a bit nervous... but i did it...
then started the waiting... after about 15 min.... we were called inside the hall... and they started saying.. we were glad to have you here with us today.. and if your not successful, you could try again.. etc..
they called the ref numbers in ascending order and each and everyone went out of the hall with a letter in their hand....
as i walked out.. i really didnt know what to expect.. so i opened it slowly and.... it read :

"Congratulations, you have been successful through to the next stage of the screening...."! :O
wow..

we were now around 35..... and all of us were invited to do the english test.... and the multiple choice questions were really easy... there was a comprehension.. and another one where we had to find a definition from the text.. like "struck up" --> starting up a conversation.. and "pit falls" --> negative sides.. etc .. and then there was interpretation of instruction boards.. example : "Parking Strictly Forbidden Access Day and Night"
we had to choose from :
* you should not enter the car park
* the car should not be parked here.
* car can be only parked during the day.

and then came the essay... which was pretty tricky.. we had to elaborate on three things which we are proud of.. and 3 things that we arent..
i did get stuck trying to think of what to write but i did finish the page on the answer booklet and half of a blank page..

after a long waiting.. we were called again...
and same procedure as before.... and i walked out of the hall with...........

a successful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) i was really happy now.. and i saw some people leaving.. and i felt sad because by now i knew almost everyone there..

ok now.. we were around 25.....
we were called into the hall and asked to sit in a smaller circle this time.. and each one of us were given a sheet with a scenario written... this is basically what it was and what i remember..
we were all working for xyz airlines and we had a problem with business class available seats.. so we had to downgrade 6 out of 8 passengers to the economy class... and there was a minister of uk transport, to a oscar winning actress, a platinum card frequent flyer holder, an airline employee with a staff ticket.. a married couple goin in a honeymoon.. a man with a broken leg.. a famous journalist... and a wealthy mans young daughter......
after we started.. i spoke up said that one of the obvious from the list is the employee.. and i agreed when we decided to keep the man with the broken leg.... and ecc...
after 15 min.. each one had to comment on a passenger and the reason as to why the group decided to keep him or not... and all this time the ROs were makin notes... when it was all done.. they called us one by one.. and asked us which languages we spoke.. we had to tell them our mother tongue and any other languages we knew fluently.. and we were asked whether we hav ever applied for US visa... and that if we had any tattoos or scars.... i said i didnt have any sort of tattoos but i do have a small scar on my forehead and i showed it to her.. she was like "ah thats ok!.. smiling"

i left the room and the next group was waiting eavesdropping the situation and they asked me what happened and all... ehehe.. by now i started breathing again.. lol!

then the torturing began... we waited and waited for a looooooong time..... this took like ages.. more than a hour.. and we queued up and was ready to receive a letter....

this is where i felt the whole world tumbling down on me.... as i opened it... there was also very personal reason as to why i wanted ek so badly... but as they say everything happens for a reason.... :ugh:
even though i didnt show it there.. i was so upset inside of me.. i saw many happy faces.. and i really wished i could i have been one of them.. as i remember we were around 8 unsuccessful people.... so wit a broken heart... i left the hotel..

and while walking home i gave a call to my girlfriend who had gone out with her crewmates to some rooftop place in DXB.... i told her.. "i guess i will only get to visit you anyway...."

Esprite
30th Mar 2010, 18:19
Hi everyone,

I have heard from my friend working with Qatar that If you used to work with Emirates, you'll not able to apply to Qatar or Etihad for 1 year. Is that true? And do you know why?

Thank you very much.

primv
30th Mar 2010, 18:30
He received the e-mail after 4 days of that status..but I will let you guys know if smth change.

Anyway I got my Golden Call this morning!! I'm going to join Emirates in June 21st. So now I can say that I have some knowledges that may help people who are interested, please write me and I'll be very pleased to help you future candidates. Thats the least I can do after being so blessed with the call!

kenyan85
30th Mar 2010, 19:40
Wow. I was really touched by your account. Keep your head up, though. I'm sure she understands.

Ekhopeful
30th Mar 2010, 20:30
yaaaaayy!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations. if you need the medical forms, p.m me your email address.

Jagged_J
30th Mar 2010, 23:47
Congratulations primv! You received your golden call just a day after your status changed right?

My status has just changed to APPROVAL IN PROGRESS. How many days did you wait for it to change to "YOU WILL BE CONTACTED.."?

All my applications for cabin crew (2 for Dubai & 1 for Cebu) in the EK website have changed status to Approval in Progress! At least, a lil enlightenment!

How about yours Phaquer? I hope we all get the "You will be contacted.." status!

Lets keep praying! *fingerscrossed*

MIKZ Your reason I think is your GF. *teehee*
Sorry to hear you didn't make it but keeps your hopes up.
Keep trying. Our RO even mentioned to us that some applicants were hired after 4 or 5 tries.

fly_ATW
31st Mar 2010, 02:52
Thanks a lot for replying. You made me happy when i read your reply. Congratulations to you and i wish that you will get your clearance from the ASAP :) :D

I just hope that i will also receive the golden call soon. Im so nervous and all. And you are totally right, the wait is killing me. Gosh.:\

Thanks again and Have a great day! <3

prinselias
31st Mar 2010, 03:47
I had my FI on the 22nd of feb:ok: .....from that time on every body has gotten the rotten mail:ugh: or the golden call:eek::hmm:. I have absolutely nothing. No status change in my account and no word from EK, when i contact the agency they are miffed as i am, i called EK:ooh:, spoke to a lady called Sandy and she was like my application is still pending, thats all that she would say:mad:.....so really helpless, is there anyway i could check whats up?????:{

Jagged_J
31st Mar 2010, 04:36
Do you lack any requirements?

phaquer
31st Mar 2010, 04:56
nope, my status is still "under review". i hope it's because i was able to pass all my requirements only this monday, since i had to request for a rushed reprinting of my high school diploma :( i really do hope my status changes soon. will update you ASAP. you too ha. update us constantly. i know we will make it.

Jagged_J
31st Mar 2010, 05:06
I guess so coz the RO did mention that your application will just be pending if you don't pass all your requirements.

Don't have my passport yet though! Waaaahhh...

phaquer
31st Mar 2010, 05:31
yes, i think that's the reason why my status has not changed yet. i certainly do hope so. anyway, the passport thing is not something that you have to fret about. amelita said that they will give us instructions about it after they would give us instructions for medicals. let's hope for the best at this point, and not entertain negative thoughts as we play the waiting game. we will get in :) and i would love it if we were batchmates :D

nimrico
31st Mar 2010, 07:15
I have participated to a Initial Screening :). It was not that hard. They checked my weight, whether i got Tattoos and scars. Specially the gap between teeth. My front teeth got a gap. it comes genetically. Could any one please tell me what are the stuff they look from a Initial Screening. I'm bit nervous too :ugh:

Hi prinselias:)

Could you please tell me the process that you been when you applied for the job because It seems to be you are the only Sri Lankan that I can find other than me :)

phaquer
31st Mar 2010, 07:26
hey, are you sure that you do not lack any documents? our recruiter, during the final interview, said that if there are any pending documents, they recruitment team will not act on the application, and she even said that 'it would just gather dust' -- so technically, the four to six weeks would start once every requirement is in place. what did she tell you during the FI? for my FI, she gave me a rundown of stuff that i needed to comply with (high school diploma, certificate of employment and casual photos) and gave the the email address for those items. she said that until i complete all requirements, they will not act on my application.

hmm. i hope this helps.

EKIstanbull
31st Mar 2010, 13:27
i got the golden call on march 28th and uploaded all medical reports online yesterday.Does anyone know howlong it will take for me to be approved??

By the way, i uploaded the copies of my passport and picture for security documents.What kind of security check is that??? Is that kind of a background check orrr documents that will be needed for security reasons when we arrive..

rise-up
31st Mar 2010, 16:29
Hey everyone!!

Please could anyone fill me in on how good/bad is the Al Kamda bldg at the Al Nahda area?

Thanks.
Any help, appreciated!!

TFM
31st Mar 2010, 19:15
Is anyone attending this day?

Mari
31st Mar 2010, 21:56
Al Nahda?

Good luck!

kontesa
1st Apr 2010, 13:34
Hi guys

I obviously haven't read and understood the forum rules, so my posts are being deleted.

Read the first sticky at the top of the forum -

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/377878-do-not-use-text-speak-posts-they-will-deleted.html

lola81
1st Apr 2010, 13:46
i went to Port of Spain early to get my casual pis developed and take my six passport size pics, they came out really nice ( if i do say so myself). i got to the hotel with one of the girls i met at five to eleven. her interview time was eleven mines was for twelve so we were rushing for her.

i waited for my turn as we were told each interview would take about 45 mins to an hour. i tried not to be nervous but i couldn't help it. this was it. what i have been preparing for and waiting for for the last two years.

only 25mins later my friend came out as her interview was over! after a few short mins they called me in ( game time).

we said our hellos and i handed them all my required documents- copies of education certificates, colored copies of my passport, proof of employment,signed forms, and pics.

they started off by asking me questions about my past work experience - tell us about a time that you really pleased a customer, had to say no to a co worker, had to be corrected for something you did,had to cope with stress at work.

then they asked questions like - whats your greatest weakness!!!!, what was the biggest mistake you have ever made. those i was prepared for, thanks to you guys:).

then for me they asked about the last time i went through the recruitment proses as on the forms i had to tick if i had been to a final interview before. i had to explain. but again i was prepared. ( i hope this does not hinder me)

i thought the interview went mostly well except for a few odd moments.
when i was answering some of the questions one of the interviewers sometimes seemed ...well... bored!:bored:. she was looking at her nails and at times didn't seem too interested in what i was saying. i just kept smiling while answering. the other interviewer was mainly writing but when she asked her questions at the end she looked directly at you to get her answers.

they then asked me if i had any questions. i asked about the response time and about something i read on their site ( i wanted to show that i had done my research) :).

i thanked them at the end and wished them a safe flight back. i strutted out with a big smile. my interview took about 40 mins.

since yesterday I've been going over and over this interview in my mind. i have criticized every response and gesture. its crazy:\.

its all a waiting game now. its going to be hard trying not to think about the golden call or that dreaded email :eek:. i'll keep you all updated. good luck to you all.

snowglobe
1st Apr 2010, 13:53
As far as i can tell, this isnt a job people retire from. They only really have crew up to about the age of 35 and for *most* people, its a job to give them the best years of their lives while they are in their 20s. Rather than one to set them up for retirement or life after marriage and pregnancy.

You wont have the security you have now thats for sure. So only you can weigh it up and decide whats the right decision for you.

At my open day they told us everyone is on the main fleet because they dont need as many crew for the a380 and they already have everyone they need for it.

lola81
1st Apr 2010, 13:59
to answer your other question , yes you can push back your joining time , i did. i had to send them an email Requesting my joining time be postpone to a particular date, which i stated.
it is a request but most times it is allowed. try not to do this too many time however as you may then seem uninterested and so would they become.
think positive about this experience and take each day at a time. enjoy it! good luck.

Sophie13
1st Apr 2010, 14:11
Hey guys.

So after 3 weeks and one day since my final interview in Glasgow; my online account will not allow me to view my whole account but instead appears this message in red; "you will be contacted by your recruitment coordinator at the earliest"

really hope this is good new, been waiting a long time for this :)

More luck to everyone attending OD's and AD's this weekend

Sophie xoxo

primv
1st Apr 2010, 17:03
It took a week for them to call me after my status changed to "you will be contacted", at least, because I was not checking it a week before the golden call.

freefalling
1st Apr 2010, 17:23
My statuson my EK proflie has changed from applied to application under review. How long does it take the Ek recruitment team to call the candidate for an AD.Any help please anybody.:)

Ekhopeful
1st Apr 2010, 18:28
*Sigh*, waiting for my final approval:cool:

brlewis01
2nd Apr 2010, 00:28
Hey Everyone,

I am hoping I can get someone to do me a favor. I am going to be attending an Emirates open house next week but I am a little nervous about being shortlisted. I applied for an AD last year and got invited but it was too late to attend. Now I want to go to an OD but I am right at the age limit that they accept. I feel I look way younger than 35 but I know at the open days you only get a minute with the recruiter so you are basically shortlisted based just on looks. I have prior experience as an FA but I know Emirates only picks the best.

Would somebody with facebook PM me so I could friend you and let you look at my pictures to see if I look too old or maybe not the type they are looking for? I know if this was a US airline I would be fine but I think Emirates' standards are higher, plus the age thing.

I know its hard to say what they are looking for but I am just asking for an honest opinion from someone not from the US.

Thanks

fly_ATW
2nd Apr 2010, 02:14
I got my 'approval in progress' status yesterday and then today, when i checked my status, it is already 'You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest'.

anyone who has an idea on what is going on?

im really scared and nervous and all :\

ex-pr-qr-crew
2nd Apr 2010, 02:54
hello guys!

i had my FI last March 21st.

my other FI batchmates got to check their status at their ek accounts which showed "approval in progress". as for me, i cannot seem to open my ek account. i think it has been deleted by accident. it says invalid email address. heeeelppppppppp???

FYI guys...

while on training... on or before... crew chosen to fly A380 will receive emails regarding this.

1. YOU are allowed to DECLINE this. Just talk to them and they will decide if they accept your request.

2. As an A380 designated crew, you will only fly 14 destinations as of this writing. (they will add destinations in the future)

3. You are not allowed to fly main fleet. You will be stuck flying the A380 for 2 years.

Pros:
1. you are able to fly with A380 crew all the time. so adjustment is not that hard.

2. if you live in any of the 9 destiantions, you will be able to travel more frequently to your country.

cons:
1. you will only be able to fly 9 destinations

2. you will not be able to experience flying with different kinds of aircrafts.

Dubai - London Heathrow
Dubai - Sydney
Sydney - Auckland
Dubai - Bangkok
Dubai - Toronto
Dubai - Paris
Dubai - Seoul
Dubai - Jeddah
Dubai - Beijing

supergirl0109
2nd Apr 2010, 07:16
just checked my status and its, "You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest".

just wanna confirm because i read a post earlier that it doesn't really mean that you'll get a golden call.
is that true?

i hope not!
appreciate the reply.
thanks! :}

Good luck and God Bless to all! :ok:

ex-pr-qr-crew
2nd Apr 2010, 12:23
FI : March 21

EK CALL: April 2

Thank You Jesus!!! Goodluck guys!!! Trust in HIm...

:) I am so happy... Thanks to my Dad...for guiding me... Thank God!

kontesa
2nd Apr 2010, 13:15
ok i can see my last post was deleted, sorry for using short text....

Anyway is there anyone who started a new career after being a cabin crew? Im just wondering if thats hard, what you can do with the work experience you gain there? i know that for most people in their early 20's it doesnt really matter. But it really makes me wonder? Maybe some of you know guys who gave up flying, was it hard for them to get another job?

On my open day they said they both recruit for the main fleet and 380's.

Thanks for the advice with the email i will send the request today hope that works for me.

And one question, about the medicals, i did the tests not long time ago just a general check up for myself and the level of my hemoglobine is a bit lower then should be. The normal one starts from 11,8 and mine is 10,8 so im slightly anemic. Could that be reason for them to reject me?

Thanks

lola81
2nd Apr 2010, 16:38
emirates would not accept anyone who's is less than 10. so you are technically in the clear. however if i were you i could do all that i could to rise it a bit before taking another test. eat beats and other blood builders ( look up on the net). get it as high as you can. i was a little worried myself when i took mine two years ago - it was 11.6 and on the form the doc wrote that the normal level was 12! but it was fine with Emirates. so good luck to you. :)

lola81
3rd Apr 2010, 02:33
does anyone know the possible locations where Emirates are placing new cabin crew members now in 2010. thanks

Mari
3rd Apr 2010, 05:15
Lola!

There are plenty of buildings for Emirates crew. More than dozen locations! If you read back in this topic, you will find posts about where the new crew were put. I remember 21st Century Tower, I remember Al Kawakeb, I remember Obaydullah, I remember Al Kanda building in Al Nahda etc.: these people ALL started in 2010.

Be patient and wait for your letter. You are not allowed to change accomodation during training. If you don`t like it, you can move after the training. It`s free of charge in the first year. (Moving costs 1000 dhs after one year.) Moving is fine but YOU need to find new flatmates and new apartments.

Jagged_J
3rd Apr 2010, 16:39
Weeeeee..... Got the golden call yesterday!!!

March 4 - Pre-screening by EK-appointed agency
March 20 - EK Assessment day
March 21 - Final Interview
March 31 - Status changed to Approval in Progress
April 2 - GOLDEN CALL!! :D

DOJ: MAY 3!

Cel
3rd Apr 2010, 17:47
Hi everyone,
Does anyone applying from Dubai?
Do you know what happens to applicants from Dubai?

maryj
3rd Apr 2010, 20:17
Hi, you can apply online and get an invitation for Assesment or go for CV drop off (if needed).

Melamory
4th Apr 2010, 11:29
I think its much easier to apply from Dubai.

I submitted my online application in January and a week later got an invitation for an Assessment day. We were around 30-35 people and only 2 passed, I was one of the two :). On the same day they gave me a date for my final interview and one week later I got an email that I was successful.

Cel
4th Apr 2010, 14:28
Thanks guys
I just applied online, hope I get back from HR soon :)

Happy Easter!!!!

Melamory-
wow, you made it?
congrats!!!
I wish I make through and get to work with you :)
I suppose since EK had assessment day in Jan., it will take for a while to have another one in Dubai.

lola81
4th Apr 2010, 15:24
that doesn't sound like an easier way... not for the 28- 33 people. it sounds like they are hard on you guys.

maryj
4th Apr 2010, 20:55
Hi Cel, just to let you know i finished my online application then my status has changed from applied to application under review. Maybe i will be invited for Assesment! you could as well apply online and go for CV drop off when the advertise.

Good Luck!

maryj
4th Apr 2010, 21:24
I saw my online application changed from applied to application under review. I can't wait to get an invitation for assesment!