PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VI

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

lola81
5th Apr 2010, 03:54
i got through on this number after just a few short rings - 97142951111. hope this helps you all

tingkerbell
5th Apr 2010, 03:59
hi guyz... i applied in ek and saw my status from under review to coordinator will contact you...and its been 2 weeks already still havent gotten a call from them...are they really gonna call those status was changed or not all?

Melamory
5th Apr 2010, 07:51
Thanks and Happy Easter to you to :)

My DOJ is 31st of May... Anyone else is joining on 31st?

lola81-

Maybe I just got lucky on the assessment day :) But to think about it, most of the girls didnt make it to the second round after the group discussion and to be honest I dont blame the HR people. Some girls could barely even speak english!!

Everyone talks about what you shoud wear and how your make up and hair should be but I dont think it makes a difference. Most of the girls were dressed in suits and some of them even had the red lipstick and I was just wearing a skirt, silk blouse,no stockings, black patent shoes on very high heels and barely had any make up on and I passed.

My DOJ is 31st because I was out of the country when they sent me an email and I only called them back 6 weeks later. I guess if I called them earlier I would be doing my training already :(

Good luck boys and girls :ok:

Melamory
5th Apr 2010, 07:57
did you get this after your final interview?
if yes, they will contact you for sure by phone or email, whether you were sucessful or not.

Good luck :ok:

phaquer
5th Apr 2010, 12:53
guys, i need some advice.

it's been well over two weeks now since i've had my final interview, and over one week since i've turned over all the pending documents.

almost all of my final interview batchmaes have received the golden call, but my status is still 'under review'.

what do i do? any suggestions that i do for them to at least show me some progress of my application with them? at this point, i don't care what the result is, be it fail or pass, i just don't want to be stuck in a point where my application seems to be paralyzed, and i do not have any clear recourse or option to further expedite my application with them.

has any of you experienced this before? your answers will be greatly appreciated at this point. thanks!

Mari
5th Apr 2010, 13:20
Melamory,

your appearance sounds excellent to me. You don't need to be perfectly dressed during the first day but you need to look pretty and polished. You need to be relexed and comfortable. The suit doesn't guarantee the success, very true. I thought it was clear for everyone.

Candidates talk about appearance and makeup as it's visible and something you can change. People talk about interview questions because it's something they can prepare for. It's hard to catch the "be yourself"-phrase or the "I got lucky"-thing. Everybody wants to know the Big Secret to make it to Emirates. Unfortunately, there is no recipe but there are plenty of useful hints and tips available on the internet and on the Emirates homepage.

Oh, and the recruiters are not perfect: some choices are just wrong. For example those people, who resign during the training or in the first 6 months, were all bad decisions. Luck is really a significant element of the selection process.

Congrats!

Mari
5th Apr 2010, 15:31
Are you interested in the average height of the Emirates cabin crew?! Well, it's pretty much average: there are short girls (159-163 cm) and tall girls (173-180 cm) and inbetween.

If you want to know the MINIMUM requirement for height, I would recommend you to check out the Emirates career page. Here it is:

Requirements | Cabin Crew | Explore Our Careers | Emirates Group Careers Centre (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/english/Careers_Overview/cabin_crew/requirements.aspx)

You found this forum but you didn't read the Emirates career page?

supergirl0109
5th Apr 2010, 15:35
hey guys!

got the golden call today at 5pm. my DOJ is on May 24, who else has the same date?

next step, medical! i sure hope everything's alright with my body. haha

God Bless to all! :}

Sophie13
6th Apr 2010, 00:16
hey everyone

so after 3 weeks and 2 days i finally recieved the call :) so happy. My date of join will also be the 24th of May if i recieve my final approval ... one problem; like many of you, I cannot access the medical forms on the candidate portal. Anyone who has carried out a medical recently and has the forms handy PLEASE private mail me and will will forward my email adress for you to send these to me. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Otherwise, how do I access these? I am so worried about messing up now I have to get this right and get the forms sent ASAP!

thanks everyone :)

kontesa
6th Apr 2010, 08:46
Lola81 Thanks for your advice i managed to postpone my starting date till 02/08/2010.

Guys i know its too soon but any of you starting same date??????? If so please contact me! Thanks

katty
6th Apr 2010, 10:18
Hi!!!
Congratulations and Well Done :ok:.. All that waiting has finally paid off!! I cant imagine how happy you must be feeling. Since I didnt get through iv been following your long journey and iv waited a very long time for this post!! Im soo happy for you.. I wish you all the success in the future and im assure your going to be an Amazing CC for Emirates.
Hopefully when my dreams come true il be joining you very soon next year hopefully!
Well Done again!! (Thanks again for all the advice you have given me over the last few weeks)
xx :)

gerjana
6th Apr 2010, 10:37
Let me share with you my joining process:
20.02- Open Day
27.02- Assessment Day
02.03- Final Interview
11.03- Golden call
06.04- Final Approval
19.04- DOJ

I am really happy and at the same time excited. I can tell that it was worth waiting and I wish everyone good luck :)

Gigi11
6th Apr 2010, 11:43
Hi Guys!

I had my final interview 7 weeks ago already..
2 weeks after in had my FI they called me because they needed more information for my file. The girl then told me she was going to send my file over to Dubai. That's more than a month ago now, and I'm starting to get really nervous! I already sent an email to the recruitment office in DXB.
(To the email adress that was on the last form we were given, with the golden emirates logo)
My status still says approval in progress.. But it's been like that for over a month now..
I'm just scared they lost my file or something since everybody else already got their calls en emails.
What do you think I should do? Just wait and see what happens or should I call them as well?
For the ppl who are still waiting: Good Luck!! Hope you get your answer a little bit faster than me.. ;)

Flick_87
6th Apr 2010, 12:12
It has been 26 days since my FI and I still haven't heard anything. A couple of people that got interviewed with me have received the golden call in the past few days. I'm starting to worry that it is going to be bad news. Why have some people heard and others not? Didn't all our files get sent off to Dubai at the same time? I told them that I couldn't start until the 1st June, do you think that is maybe why?

:confused: x

Ekhopeful
6th Apr 2010, 12:21
How long did it take you to get the final approval?

Sophie13
6th Apr 2010, 12:26
Anyone else experiencing problems with the candidate portal today? It wont let me log in AGAIN, I need to accept my contract .... arghhh!!!! :ugh:

kontesa
6th Apr 2010, 13:31
i waited for my golden call 6 weeks. Thats normall they first call to people that have stated on the form that they can start ASAP. So good luck!

headerbjk
6th Apr 2010, 13:42
Yes. There`s a general problem with the candidate portal today which started about 15.30 dubai time.

teefly
6th Apr 2010, 15:04
hey how did it go with konexion. I am going to the one this saturday in toronto.

has anyone been to the konexion website. For some reason it is all weird when i visit. like half of it is cut off. www.konexion.ca (http://www.konexion.ca)

weird and not helpful :( i hope they fix it soon :S

IUA
6th Apr 2010, 17:09
hi everybody,
I am new to this forum. Had my golden call a week before. My doj is 17th of May. I would have a question. Those of you who have their contract, what do you have as a Grade in it? It's written under the Basic salary. Thank you for the answer! Those of you who are still waiting: fingers crossed!

gerjana
6th Apr 2010, 18:31
They wrote me an email after 8-9 days I believe.

FlyingKat
6th Apr 2010, 20:40
Hello,

I have been planning on going to the job fair in Toronto this Sat April 10. I was really looking forward to trying to achieving this amazing job. But I just realized one thing.

Though I do not associate with any religion, I have a Jewish last name. My father is "jew-ish" (meaning his last name is jewish, but he does not celebrate the holdidays, and I highly doubt he believes in any ultimate power), so obviously I have the last name, though I feel the same about religion as he does.

Am I screwed? I really want this job, but is there anti-semitism in UAE?

[inappropriate link removed - mods]

I might try the job fair anyway just I really want the job, but what are the chances of them hiring what they consider a "jew"?? And would I be in danger living in Dubai??

Thanks

valensi
6th Apr 2010, 21:55
Only if you're a practicing Jew, have an Israeli stamp in your passport, or have any evidence of having entered Israel.

In those latter cases, any Middle Eastern airline would recommend you obtain a new passport and passport number to gain entry into the GCC and for your visa to be processed.

You should be fine. Dubai's not as scary, backwards or archaic as Western media would like to make out.

Best of luck xo

elle_00
6th Apr 2010, 22:51
I attended the konexion open day (i recieved an invite, but dont think that matters) on March 27th in Vancouver. The recruiters you will be meeting will probably be Assunta and Ingrid. They are both very pleasant and supportive throughout the whole process, often offering tips as to what Emirates expects if you make it to the assessment day, so pay attention!

I showed up right at 9 am, and I had to wait 2 hours to be interviewed, so i would suggest showing up 30 min early so you do not have to wait as long. There were 250 people, and cut to 2 groups of 20-25 for the following day (konexion assessment). If you do not make it they will tell you in your 1 on 1 that you will recieve an email by the end of the week letting you know the outcome. Please be aware that they are just letting you off easy and you were not successful.

Lots of people will be poorly dressed, wearing atrocious make-up or sloppy hair and you will not see them the next day. Look conservative professional and make eye contact with the recruiters and smile. I have made it to the assessment with Emirates now, but its not for another 3 weeks... it seems Canadians have a much longer process than other countries.

Hope all of this helps and good luck to you! If you have any detailed questions you can PM me :)

ncar
6th Apr 2010, 23:20
im new here ... so i had my final interview on 15 march , i was asked to do the pshycometric test .after my fi (again) ..is this a good o bad sign ?

by the way ..i have an account already but is not done yet (only 80%)..

p.s: after the od we were asked to create an account, for the AD but for some reasons the emirates page, was to slow,,,and some of us couldnt finish their profile ( like me )... :ugh::ugh: the RO said it was ok ..and they gave us a reference number ...
so theres anyway i can check my status ??

help

Ekhopeful
7th Apr 2010, 03:14
Is anyone else having login problems with the Ek selected candidates portal?

Jagged_J
7th Apr 2010, 05:34
Hello guys,

Who has the same DOJ of May 3 as mine here?
I have yet to start my medicals maybe next week.

EKIstanbull
7th Apr 2010, 09:21
Hi guys I uploaded my Med reports On march 30th.There is no problem wt my meds.But i dont know why it took so much time to get an approval.

How long does it take normally???? HELP!!!!!!!! Anyone knows??

EKIRELAND
7th Apr 2010, 09:25
i have the same problem EkIstanbul.... I uploaded my meds on March 25th and still have heard anything back. Perhaps because my DOJ is not until May 17th they wont give final approval until closer to that date?

Ekhopeful
7th Apr 2010, 09:57
My doj is also 17th may so they are dealing with those leaving earlier first at least that's what they told me when i called. You can also call them because when i did, they explained things to me.

Nicole_B
7th Apr 2010, 11:50
I have uploaded my medicals on 31 march and I am waiting as well.

Jagged J my DOJ is on 3 May.

shezare
7th Apr 2010, 11:50
Hi guys,

I have a question about the Medical reports, I have just uploaded all needed Medical reports except Ophthalmic Report (as I don't wear glasses or contact lenses) and Cervical Smear Report (Not Indicated) and the Medical status is still in progress and the pending documents list still displaying these 2 reports as pending documents, so what that means? is it means they won't start reviewing my Medicals until its all completed although the rest documents are not required from me and how I explain to them that I don't have to complete the pending reports, I already posted a note in (My Questions) section, so hope they will consider it and know its all completed and start reviewing it.

Does anyone know how to make sure it's all Done and under reviewing now by EK recruiters? plz hep :rolleyes:

Nicole_B
7th Apr 2010, 12:21
Hello Shezare,

I am the same situation, my portal is incomleted and I have called him immedatly after I have uploaded all medicals with except of ophtalmic and pap test. They told me that's Ok. If you will call him make me know what they say to you.

Sophie13
7th Apr 2010, 15:47
Hi guys

Thanks for explaining the pending medicals- I was wondering what would happen with that as I dont need the pap or eye tests either. So just call them as soon as all required medicals have been uploaded. Im finiding it really difficult to get appointments quickly to have my medicals done- the doctors are so busy.

QUESTION for anyone who can help- in the candidate portal under online joiners; 'dependents'- whos details should go in this section. So far i have my immediate family and my best friend. Should all relatives and friends who are liekly to visit me in Dubai be put down in this section? ie cousins, aunts, all friends? I really dont know and the more I read over it, the more confused i become. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Sophie xoxo

shezare
7th Apr 2010, 16:37
To Nicole_B

Thanks a lot for your reply, I was soooooooooo worry about that, I think I'll wait till next Sunday and if they didn't reply back I'll call them to ask about this problem and sure i'll feed you back :8, my DOJ is 03rd of May, the same like you, so I'll be soooo happy to meet you there Nicole :p

To Sophie13

I think Dependents means your children (if you are married), and I think this section is only for family members like your Mum, Dad, Sisters & Brothers or your spouse and your children if you are married.

Nicole_B
7th Apr 2010, 17:35
Hello Mari,

I followd this forum for several months and I want to tell you how much you have impressed me. I have only gratefully words to you for the way you helped and continue to help all wannabes so promtly, unconditionally and with so helpfully advicess. I was really surprised and impressed by you when you wrote to a girl from Bulgaria. I dont remember her name right know, the girl who thought that she faild her FI (because she couldn't brought some examples) but fortunatly she pass her FI and received golden call. You had encouraged her so much...and also the others. Thank you for all your adevicess, posts, warm and encourageously words. I would like to meet you one day!

Best regards to you Mari!

lola81
7th Apr 2010, 23:20
i also would like to say thank you to Mari. i have found your posts straight forward and honest no holds bar. when encouragement was needed or when chastening was needed it was given! we appreciate you. thanks

Mari
8th Apr 2010, 04:55
Really?! It's so nice of you!

Congrats to "the Bulgarian girl who froze". Enjoy the training!

phaquer
8th Apr 2010, 08:04
Dear Mari,

If it has been over ten days now since I passed all my documents and well over two weeks since my final interview and most of my FI batchmates have already tentative DOJs and have received the golden call, whereas my EK portal is still 'under review', should it be safe to assume that I failed the FI?

I need your hunch right now because I really don't know where I'm at in the application process. Thanks in advance.

Ekhopeful
8th Apr 2010, 08:14
Has anyone had their security documents approved?

phaquer
8th Apr 2010, 10:29
me too, i had my FI on the 22nd. what are the updates on your application?

Melamory
8th Apr 2010, 11:08
Is anyone joining on 31st of may?

tweezers
8th Apr 2010, 15:52
Hey guys!

I received my final approval as of yesterday and I'm traveling to DXB on 03rd May. My whole process was as follows:

8March FI
22March "You'll be contacted" thingy
26March Golden Call
5April Medical Approval
7April Final Approval
3May DOJ

marcorix
8th Apr 2010, 15:57
:Dalso I want say thank you to mari for all advices... unfortunately i didn't pass the latest step before the final interview but I'll try again as soon as possible.
thank you ...

F.A. again
8th Apr 2010, 17:08
Hi Guys,
F.I.N.A.L.L.Y.
I got my e-ticket and visa today!!
My DOJ has changed though, so im leaving for Dubai on the 13th of april.
Anyone else coming on the same day?

My room is likely to be in the Al Fattan Building at Al Ghusais II.
Does anybody know that place/area? Any opinion?

Good luck and lot of patience to everybody still waiting! :ok:

spontaneous
8th Apr 2010, 18:41
to Mari:

Yes, Mari, I am so grateful to you and everybody else who supported me. I did froze at my FI and then they asked me for additional photos.......everything seemed lost.....but now here I am done with my medicals and waiting for my final approval. I am stil praying to get it:)
I am just so thankful for this opportunity, so that I will give my best at the training and this job :)
For me it has never been a life time dream to be a cabin crew, I just accidentally attended Qatar Airways OD and felt like a lightning stroke me.....I realized what I want to do with my life :)
Once again thank you Mari and before I go (hopefully) I will call you to get your final guidance. You are great:ok:

sensible2k4
8th Apr 2010, 19:25
Hey guys, FI on the 11th of march, rejection email recieved today :{:ugh:

Good luck to everyone with their applications!

HJA100
8th Apr 2010, 20:56
Hey Mari

I had my FI on the 22nd March 2010 and am still waiting for information which i realise is normal however i am worried because my status has not changed from 'under review' since my AD invite! And i'm starting to get a little paranoid:confused:

They also asked on the forms whether or not i have family who work for EK and i do. So i was wondering if its of any advantage or disadvantage to me? And if not why would they need to know such information?

would really appreciate your insight here.
Thankyou for all your help Mari. Very much appreciated:ok:

phaquer
9th Apr 2010, 04:59
we really have the same predicament and details. HJA100! FI on the 22nd, and still 'under review'. we can do this. let's update each other. and do try calling the number that i PM-ed you. maybe that might help. see you in dubai soon! :ok:

StewardMan
9th Apr 2010, 07:24
Let me share with you my joining process:

2007. Zagreb OD, i have manage to get to the final interview but i did not receive a golden call.

2009. Paris OD, waist of time, 350 people at the OD!

27.03- Open Day in Ljubljana
28.03- Final Interview
04.04- Online status - Approval in progress
06.04- Online status - You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest
08.04- Golden call
31.05- DOJ

This forum is been really helpful , thank you guys.

Dessa
9th Apr 2010, 11:43
Hello F.A. again,
Did you got your ticket and visa already? When?
My DOJ was april 12 and changed to april 15 but they didn't send the ticket and visa yet! Kind of worried. :bored:

Thanks and see you soon in Dubaii!!!!

lola81
9th Apr 2010, 13:38
congrats,
that was really fast - from FI to golden call. wow. tell us how many had final interview with you.

i had my FI on the 31st march and there were over 30 person who got through to FI. so i know it will take some time ... but the wait is killing me. i just want to know at this point. like you this was a few years coming. also i learn that they were still here in Trinidad interviewing up till the 4th April! so they may not have even started looking at our stuff yet.

does anyone know if its the same two recuiters alone working on the applicants or do they hand it over to a team? good luck to us all

StewardMan
9th Apr 2010, 14:35
There was 11 of us who made it to the FI. I was the first person to get a call, in my opinion that is because only I have had all pictures and documents ready at the FI, the rest of the people was asked to send them ASAP to Dubai. Therefore i believe that is a reason why I have received a call from recruitment coordinator just few days after my FI, although i was told that i can expect a call from 4 to 6 weeks.

Ksyusha
9th Apr 2010, 17:17
hi, everybody!
who is going to visit OD in Hamburg on the 8th of May?
had to join Emirates 2 years ago but had to refuse that time, now start everything from the beginning...
Good luck to all who is in the process of joining! :-)

EKIstanbull
9th Apr 2010, 17:21
Have the same story.I uploaded my meds at the same day.My DOJ is also may 3rd too

Moe.Ismail
9th Apr 2010, 21:35
my D.O.J is 3rd of may

I know it is kind of late to post this , but since all the hard time waiting the final aproval and not being able to log in to my account , but i got my golden call on the 26th of march :D

i had my AD on 27th of feb and FI on the 1st of march

now i am done with my medicals i uploaded most of them but i still have 3 papers to upload and every time i try to upload them it says error occurred contact your HR coordinator , so i emailed them hoping to fix this for me ,
anyone experienced this problem before ?

Torontofly
10th Apr 2010, 14:36
Hi Everyone!
I just got back from the open day which was held today in Toronto Downtown.

I was wearing a blazer with skirt, heels and skin colour stockings, had my hair in a bun... It was surprising to see some people in jeans:S:S

Everyone got greeted by the 3 wonderful people from the Konexion Management Consulting team.

I got there super early at 815AM and was surprised that 10 people were already in the waiting area filling out their forms:-)

While filing out my form(form was just basic questions name/address/personal info and 2 questions based on situations), many more people started to enter...

After filling out our forms, we are asked to do the reach test.
Ladies had to remove heels and men were allowed to keep their shoes on. Unfortunately, I saw two-three girls being sent home:( and 2 people were sent home/ they were pretty upset because they weren't 21.

Please remember you can go for an open day if you will turn 21 in three months time:) So anyway, this one person was really upset about it and refused to leave, but I guess he finally left..

I waited for about 20more minutes and then finally had my one on one with a man called RICK... I believe, he was very very sweet and so polite. I felt so comfortable, we pretty much just talked and he asked me 2-3 questions.. and thats it guys !!! 5 minutes interview and I was on my way home:)

now just have to wait until next week Friday for an email - if I made it or didn't...for the next round of interviews:)

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me:) would be glad to help

:)
TorontoFly

Flygirlxoxo
11th Apr 2010, 05:07
Hi there,

I had the same experience today at the Toronto open house. I was quite taken aback at the minimal amount spent with candidates. I was also only asked 2 questions, they reviewed my resume very briefly, asked me if I had relevant hospitality experience (to which I said no, but elaborated on my extensive customer service background) and that was that. My 1-to-1 was with the gentleman.

It seemed to me like they were trying to recruit for their database as well -- not just for the Emirates positions (as they are recruiters for hotel, resort, and other hospitality-related jobs). So, I don't know how much stock to put into the interview process.

Did anyone else have a "longer interview" today? I'm having a hard time believing it was just a prelim screen.

*sigh* this Flight attendant recruitment process can be quite discouraging after multiple cattle calls!

elle_00
11th Apr 2010, 05:24
Hey, just to let you guys know, I was at the exact same Konexion management recruitment for Emirates in Vancouver on March 27th. It was run exactly as you said, but the successful ones were invited back for the Konexion Assessment day the following day. Those who weren't successful were told they would be contacted within a week by email... as to whether they are successful or not... but this was just so the recruiters didnt have to say no to their faces. I know people who were in both circumstances (i luckily was invited back for the next day).

Just thought you would like to know so you don't get your hopes up, but it looks like you missed the boat this time round. I hope for your sakes I am wrong, but Ive spoken to a few people who have gone to Konexion open days in the past and it is always run like this. Good luck though!

Ekhopeful
11th Apr 2010, 08:41
Has anyone with the doj being 17th May received the final approval? This waiting is killing me. You wait for the interview letter, you wait for the golden call, you wait for your final approval, you wait for your eticket and visa and lastly you wait to leave to DXB.

Ksyusha
11th Apr 2010, 08:43
hi,guys!
it's interesting to hear OD goes like this...probably for englishspeaking people they did it in an easy going way..'cause my expirinece in Europe was 12 hours long and very stressy... you didn't have any group tasks, nothing? only this short interwiev and that's it?....how many people were there?
anyway good luck, you never know what they mean by doing such model of OD...

HJA100
11th Apr 2010, 09:15
Hi guys

I cant believe what just happened....i called dubai cabin crew to check if all my pending documents were recieved and after hours of trying i finally got through to a human being rather than a message service...and the conversation went like this;

dubai; Hello cabin crew
Me; Hi i just wanted to check..
Dubai; Hold on

And she puts me through to another answering service!...arghhhh...this is very frustrating!...Has anyone else actually managed to speak to an actual person. Any numbers would be very much appreciated.

Anyway hope you all enjoy your day:)

EKIRELAND
11th Apr 2010, 10:58
No progress yet EKHopeful. I emailed them through the Portal and they said my Med & Security Docs will be reviewed shortly. Won't be long now! Roll on May 17!! :-)

Ekhopeful
11th Apr 2010, 11:24
I just spoke to an HR coordinator and she said they are now looking into those whose doj's are on the 3rd and 10th of May and that they'll look into those of us with 17th May as our doj in a day or two. So my bet is that by either Wednesday or Thursday we'll hear from them

headerbjk
11th Apr 2010, 11:28
DOJ 26APR and i still dont have Final Approval...Awesome...I cant guess what they re trying to do...

Ekhopeful
11th Apr 2010, 11:45
Wow. You should call them. Call +97147081564. She's particularly very helpful.

headerbjk
11th Apr 2010, 12:05
I ve 2 friends too and they still dont have their final approvals. And I ve 1 friend his DOJ is19APR and 2 days ago he still didnt have his Final Approval. Dont know if he got it now...So things are working very slow..I dont know how thats goint to end up.

spontaneous
11th Apr 2010, 15:58
Meds approval

Ekhopeful

I am also waiting. I uploaded my medicals on the 7th April and after that I have not received anything from EK and 17th of May seems so close!:\

I hope that they shall send to us our final approval before the end of the week. Currently, I am employed and I have to resign. However, if they do not contact me by the end of the week, I have no idea what to do. I need to inform my boss 1 month in advance, and they know this!!! I wonder if I do not hear from them by Sunday, should I call? or just go ahead and leave my job? Is there anybody who had to resign and waited for EK? Did they contact you on time?
ohhh myy, maybe those worries are in vain and they'll contact us in couple of days:)

gela1009
11th Apr 2010, 15:59
hi
did anyone attend the chicago od? how was it? how many people showed up?:)

Ekhopeful
11th Apr 2010, 16:12
Let's wait till the end of the week. I'm sure they'll contact us by then. This wait is getting ridiculous. P.s wait for the advice to resign, just in case.

Gigi11
11th Apr 2010, 16:25
Hi everybody!

I had my final interview on February 23th, I still didn't hear anything so I sent an email to check what's happening.
They answered that my application was held up due to missing information and it was send to Dubai on March 6th.
I hope i'll get my answer soon now, I do have a notice period of 1 month so maybe they contact the other who can start immediatly first.
Anyway, i'm really nervous.. Everybody from my group already have their answer..

iahim27
11th Apr 2010, 17:19
Hello everybody/
I know it sounds ridiculous but i have just found out that in Ljubljana the reach test was not exactly a reach test of 212cm.I think it was at least 220 cm tall.Being said that i wonder if anyone else experienced this on their open day and if the recruiters do this often if they want tall people.
Anyways i think the recruiters can do anything they want,they have a lot of power to decide and sometimes i believe they are wrong.

Torontofly
11th Apr 2010, 17:31
Thanks for letting us know-hopefully Toronto's open house is different? lol, Well goodluck to you :)

HJA100
11th Apr 2010, 19:31
Dont worry Gigi i'm sure you'll do fine!..You have some patience to have waited soo long! I am going crazy and its only been 3weeks:ugh:

Which email did you use to contact them and how long did it take for Ek to get back to you?

Think postive!...its whats getting me through my days:)

luna007
11th Apr 2010, 20:09
Hey guys,

I also attended OD in Toronto yesterday. I also had my one on one interview with the gentleman. He was really nice and I didn't feel as nervous as I thought I would be! He asked me two, three questions related to what it says on my resume, and if I have any hospitality/customer service experience.
It took around 3-4 minutes for me.
I was wondering if anyone received a call this morning.
When I got up, I had a missed call from a restricted number with no voice message left. Hmm....I'm worried if that was the call and I missed it.
I really hope they will contact short-listed candidates by the end of next week as they said yesterday.
Fingers crossed!!!

Torontofly
11th Apr 2010, 21:38
Hey ! I just talked to one of the girls who was there yesterday too and she told me today they had the konexion assessment for the short listed candidates...

lola81
11th Apr 2010, 21:42
when i did my reach test on 29 of march i felt that it was taller than two years ago. it felt more than 212 cm, i thought it was just me!!! :confused:

Sophie13
11th Apr 2010, 22:52
hey guys

I recieved an email earlier today saying; "Kindly note that your documents for security check is overdue by 6days. Please logon to CandidatePortal (https://nemo.strath.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=daee24695f334fbe85de8f8dde191b22&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.emiratesgroupcareers.com) to upload the required documents"

However, when I log onto the candidate portal, it has said from the beginning, that these documnets have already been recieved? what shall I do, anyone in the same position?

x

flygirl2222
11th Apr 2010, 23:03
Hi All,

I attended the open day in Chicago and here is what happened.

Met in lobby of Fairmont hotel at approx 8:30, kind of a small crowd and the doors opened at 9AM. In total there were 42 people, a surprising large amount of males. The group was a large mix of cultures and ages. Some dressed correctly and some no so but no one in jeans or really bad.

This was supposed to be an open day but I think due to the small turnout they changed it to an AD as no one was cut till after lunch. The 2 recruiters played a video and while that was happening they had people come to the table one by one to turn in CV's and tell a bit about ourselves. They then showed more of the videos and explained about Dubai -both good and bad. We took a short break- maybe 10mins and when we came back we were broken into two groups. This is the part where you meet the person to your right, while doing this we were called one at a time to do the reach test.

After the reach test we talked about the person to our right, the recruiters told us not to use notes, to only say three things and not to speak to them but I noticed some people had issues with this. Next we had to choose three destinations for Emirates to fly to and why. Short group discussion then 3 people from each group volunteered to speak about our choices. Another short break then the English test. After the English test they gave us a break for Lunch. Upon returning they handed out the slips on who made it and who did not. Most of the people who were not dressed correctly did not make it but some did - hair not correct, ladies not dressed right, men without suits. So after this half the group was gone - down to 20 people. We were broken into two groups again and had to do the movie/ sitcom thing. Very short part maybe 10mins per group. We were again handed slips on who made it and who did not. I think it was 6 and 4 or 5 and 5, I dont remember but it was 10 total that made it to finals conducted Sunday and Monday. After the Movie/ Sitcom group discussion all of the people dressed wrong were gone and it was 7 men and 3 females. All of the females were in skirt suits with hair in Buns except one who had her hair down but she was a flight attendant at another airline. Of the 7 men, I think 3 or 4 were flight attendants and all in suits with hair groomed correctly.

This was my first try and I made it thorough to finals, happily. I was surprised at some of the people who were cut. Two very beautiful ladies (the best there in my opinion) were cut and some with lots of experience were cut. I spoke to one lady who had tried 3 times and still no luck, I felt bad for everyone who was prepared but did not make it. I did not think the second cuts made much sense as we really only had a few mins in the group discussion and people were cut based on that. But I guess you need to be prepared at all times.

Good luck to everyone who attempts and I am sorry that I cant really add more to what they are looking for but I guess it really depends on the person. Just be yourself and dont try to act, they can tell who is real and who is fake. Remember to smile and friendly.

Flygirlxoxo
12th Apr 2010, 01:58
That's really disappointing to hear. If they were shortlisting candidates, I would have hoped they would have taken the time to speak to us for a little longer rather than ask us two very general questions.

It seems this was either based on appearance or whether or not you had hospitality experience.

The gentleman I did my 1-on-1 with said that they wanted to read through the applications and then contact us. Does anyone who has gone through the cattle-call with Konexion know if this is true? If we don't get shortlisted right away, should we give up hope of them actually calling us later this week?

Also, I haven't applied to Emirates directly online. I'm wondering, if I do that and my resume goes through, do I have to still have to deal with Konexion for the remainder of the recruitment process? Is it easier to apply directly to the Emirates site and await their HR ppl?

Elle_00,

Thanks for the heads up! Apparently, that's how they ran it in TO too. I really thought I had a chance with this one!!

I wonder what they were looking for? Do you know if they have explicit deal-breakers? I.e. appearance wise, answer wise? Compared to many of the individuals that came to the open house, I thought I was very well-groomed, conservative, and enthusiastic in my answers.

I can't believe how tough the recruitment process for FA's really is! Wow!

NextEKcrew
12th Apr 2010, 06:51
hello, I'm new here, i attended Singapore OD last Saturday, held by an agency, for us guys it was just CV submission, so we are just waiting for that call within the week if were in for the AD.

Ekhopeful
12th Apr 2010, 11:35
At least, there's some form of progress. My Security documents now say completed. Now waiting for my medicals to also be checked as completed. Quick question though, when i requested the haemoglobin count, the lab have me a full blood count with the Hb count inclusive. My hb level is 14.4 but the test says my blood platelet count is high. Do you think that the platelet count can ruin my final approval?

headerbjk
12th Apr 2010, 11:49
I dont think that would ruin your joining progress EKhopeful. In everybody`s report there are some values high and low but these are not important i think. My medicals and security document have the completed icon for like 1.5 weeks almost and i still dont have final approval. Called Dubai today. She said i just have 1 document waiting for approval and will get Final Approval tomorrow most likely. She told me to check my email box too for the Final Approval mail...hope she s right :) DOJ 26APR

Ekhopeful
12th Apr 2010, 12:33
Thanks. So i can rightfully say that they are now looking at the documents to assess whether they'll give the approval. Wow. Then the process is really slow. I'm guessing maybe I'll hear from them like next week and that'll be 3weeks. My colleague who received the golden call with me has her final approval and hers took about a week. She now has her pre course workbook and has being assigned an induction officer. They're now arranging her accommodation. I'm sure she'll have her ticket and visa by Thursday. She's leaving next Monday. Oh how i wish i were done with my final approval.......

spontaneous
12th Apr 2010, 14:17
to Ekhopeful

My documents for security have been approved as well.
I hope that they will not send me to do some of the medicals again:suspect:, like for example, few of my friends had to go back to their hospitals and get more detailed X-ray reports.:bored:

For your haemoglobin count, I believe that it would not be a problem.

Wishing we get the answer by the end of the week:)

supergirl0109
12th Apr 2010, 15:48
hey, i got the same problem!
i sent them a query though, still waiting for a reply..

i have yet to do my medical exams on wednesday.
its hard getting a leave from work these days here because its summer already.
and i have to travel by boat for 8 hours before i could get my medical exams.
i am hoping for positive results.

wish you all the best.
update us if you get your final approvals.
boy, the wait is long. i still have to resign from my job and my DOJ is on 24 May.
but thats still a month from now, unlike some of you. i guess they'll just reschedule you if the times too short for your resignation notice at work.

God Bless! :)

see you all soon in dubai! :}

Karoukera
12th Apr 2010, 16:05
Hello,

Can somebody email-me the pre-employment medical form?

It's like the compagny didn't realise there is a problem for all of us....:ugh:

Thank You Guys

elle_00
12th Apr 2010, 16:16
As far as I know, appearance in not very heavily weighed in the decision at this point. I saw some people get invited back that I never would have given a second look at as a recruiter! Ex. one girl wearing a very short dress with her chest hanging out!
From what I could tell, they were inviting people back who conducted themselves in a very professional manner and were also confident. I noticed all of us who were invited back were quite chatty with each other while waiting for interviews or waiting for the recruiters to start instruction on tasks, etc. You just have to remember that they are always watching you from the moment you walk in the door, so always be smiling and dont appear nervous at all. They need to see that you are a people person and an extrovert, so make a point of talking to your fellow applicants. Everyone is in the same situation, so there is always lots to talk about! Hope that helps..

Better luck next time, but hopefully there is still a chance they will contact you! :)

headerbjk
12th Apr 2010, 16:22
Biggest tip is to `` SMILE `` all the time.. smile while you are listening them..smile while you re talking to them..smile while you re presenting your friend in group discussion..i believe that makes your chance %50 higher...rest depends on your abilities..

Milica8
12th Apr 2010, 19:04
Hello everyone,

First I want to apologize because I am posting this now,I was really busy in the past two weeks.

OD in Ljubljana:

Only 62 people showed up (amazing atmosphere,if you compare it to Belgrade).After a CV drop off where I was asked about my current job,we had an presentation about Emirates Airlines and after that people were divided into 2 groups (31 people each).My group had to come back in one hour.We had to present a story "When you felt out of place" of person next to each of us.We had to do reach test and I was asked again about my current job and how I've found out that Emirates Airlines is hiring.After that again a group discussion on a subject "Find five reasons why Dubai is an excellent place to live".

I think I did it pretty good.I was trying not to be to loud,to speak but not to much.I was quite sure that I will make through.Unfortunately I got "Unfortunately..." envelope.

11 people made it through to FI.I am very happy for them,they are really nice people and I hope they will have the best time working for Emirates :ok:

I am sorry I couldn't provide more information about selection process,but I didn't get to far :ugh:

Congratulation to all of you who were successful!!!

headerbjk
12th Apr 2010, 20:11
Milica as i see from your profile you re 31 years old. And Emirates Recruiters care about the age of candidates. It`s probably not about your performance in group discussion but about your age i`m afraid to tell...

Milica8
12th Apr 2010, 20:48
Yes,it might be the age issue...who knows.My friend who is also 31 just got the job at Emirates (in Zurich) ...that depends on recruiter decision I guess.

lola81
12th Apr 2010, 22:27
my online application status changed today to APPROVAL IN PROGRESS.

teefly
12th Apr 2010, 22:34
Toronto Open House sat april 10th 2010

I attended the emirates open house which was hosted by a company called Konexion. I believe they host all canadian recruitments for emirates. The website for konexion is www.konexion.ca (http://www.konexion.ca) .
The recruiters are extremely kind, and professional. The first day I arrived they gave us forms to fill out, then we completed a reach test. After we had a interview with one of the recruiters. The recruiter invited me back the next day for a 2nd interview.
The next day they had two group interviews at different times, one at 1030 the next group were at 1130. The groups were both consisting each of around 30 people roughly.They first split us up into two groups, we went around the room and introuduced ourselves. Next they gave us two different scenarious and we had a group discussion about them. One of are group discussions was you have to evacuate a plane and be stranded on a dessert island. Pick 5 things you would bring from the plane with you to the dessert island.
After are group discussions the recruiters talked to us for a while. They told us there were alot of serious faces in the room aka not smileing, people should not talk over eachother, give full attention to the people who are speaking, there should not be more then one conversation going on, you cant talk the whole time give others a chance, dont be a full on leader (they want someone who works with others a team player not a bossy leader), I saw some of that sadly in my groups discussion.:ooh: SO EVERYONE HAVE A PERMA SMILE THE WHOLE DAY FOR YOUR INTERVIEW AND DO NOT TALK OVER OR DISAGREE WITH ANYONE BE PATIENT GET YOUR OPINION IN AND LISTEN TO EVERYONES ASWELL!!!!
The 2nd interview only lasted about an hour. At the end they talked to us about photos how to dress, and a bunch of other wonderful tips. We will get an email this week if we make it to the next set of interviews the following week or if we dont :*. Next week interviews are when we meet the actual emirates recruiters.
HOPEFULLY I MAKE IT TO NEXT WEEKS INTERVIEWS AHHHH, anyone who gets an email this week from them if you made it inbox me.
fingers crossed.

EliseChang
13th Apr 2010, 01:13
Hello~

I attended EK's assesment on march 7th, my final interveiw was 9th.
It has been a for long, long time since my online status changed to "Approval in progress" (almost 2weeks ago)and I'm still waiting for any contact from Dubai...

The waiting is killing me:(
I hope "Approval in Progress" is positive sign~
Should I just wait for it without doing anything?

Good luck to you guys~~:)

phaquer
13th Apr 2010, 01:36
after how many weeks was it 'under review'?

lola81
13th Apr 2010, 02:00
my status was under view since they sent me the invitation to the open day. the open day was on the 28th march.

Sophie13
13th Apr 2010, 06:10
I also sent a query- no reply. I think I will just email them anyway just incase. Does anyone know the size of passport picture they are looking for for the security document section?

I am not having my medicals done until the 22nd and 23rd of this month, it was a total nightmare trying to arrange appointments and I still havent heard back about chest -rays! so annoying ....

Good luck everyone :) see u all in Dubai ... hopefully :ok:

F.A. again
13th Apr 2010, 07:53
Hi guys,
I'm off to Dubai just now, my taxi is coming very soon to take me to the airport.
I'm so excited..

All I wanna say to those who are still waiting is don't give up hope!
See? It's not impossible....just difficult!
But every single step was worth it!

Good luck!

HJA100
13th Apr 2010, 07:55
Wow Lola thats very fast you are one of the few lucky ones who will not have to wait weeks maybe even months. From what i've read that pretty much means you got the job all you have to do now is wait for your golden call

Good luck!

Hi Sophie i was just wondering if you could help me? Could you please tell me roughly how long you waited for your golden call after your FI and how soon your online status changed because i've noticed that Emirates seem to take a long time with UK candidates my reasoning is they need language speakers more right now! I don't know i am just starting to worry. Thanks in advance

Good luck to all of you going to Dubai very soon and to all of us waiting and hoping to join you soon.

Ekhopeful
13th Apr 2010, 09:31
@lola, i hope you get your call asap. @Sophie 4.5*5.5 cm. @F.A congratulations and enjoy your flight......... Still waiting

phaquer
13th Apr 2010, 09:40
sigh.

me too, still waiting.

FI: March22, and now, it's still under review. :(

Ekhopeful
13th Apr 2010, 10:01
I know, waiting is a pain in the back. Although i waited for only a week and four days for my golden call. Now I'm waiting again for my final approval.

headerbjk
13th Apr 2010, 10:32
Got the final Approval today. DOJ 26 APR

Ekhopeful
13th Apr 2010, 10:46
Yaaaay!!! I'm so happy for you. Now at least you're in the clear. How long did you have to wait? Its been 2 weeks for me so far and they haven't even checked my medicals as completed.:sad:

Gigi11
13th Apr 2010, 10:52
Hi!

yeahh I try to stay possitive, but it´s so frustrating when everybody get´s an answer except for you.. :(
But you probably feel the same way, 3 weeks is so long when you´re waiting for something like this!!
I sent an email to [email protected]
It took some days for them to answer, and so far my status is still ´approval in progress` But hey, that´s still better than `not succesfull`;) Like you said.. triying to be positive!
Good luck to you, and I hope we both will be in Dubai soon! :)

headerbjk
13th Apr 2010, 11:17
After my portal opened which is on 25th march i uploaded my security documents in the same day. And uploaded medicals in 3rd of april and they were waiting with completed status for like 6-7 days...and today Final Approval..dont know if my call yesterday made the process faster..

Sophie13
13th Apr 2010, 11:18
HI!

I waited 3weeks and 1 day here in the UK for my call. out of 19 of us, I know of only two of us who have recieved the call and one who recieved a dissappointing email. Good luck!

:ok:

phaquer
13th Apr 2010, 11:27
how many weeks was your status 'under review'?

was it after just how many days after your FI? it's been 3 weeks now, and my status still has not changed.:{

HJA100
13th Apr 2010, 11:27
Thanks for the information sophie. My only problem is the way the groups were set up in the AD i didn't get a chance to speak to people outside my group and everyone i was with did not make it through so i have no idea if anyone else received any calls/emails! Out of the 56 of us at the the AD only 6 made it through to the FI.
Well il just keep waiting and hope patience is a virtue:)

lola81
13th Apr 2010, 11:30
ok guys i'm freaking out!!!!
i just tried to log into my online application and i got You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest.

could this mean what we think it means.
it is such a ride!!!!!

wish me luck !:):ok:

it went like this -

od- 28th march
ad- 29th march
FI- 31st march
online status changed to approval in progress - 12th April
online status changed to will be contacted... - 13th April

Nayeema
13th Apr 2010, 12:49
Hi I was also at the emirates second day assessment. I havent heard from them yet regarding anything. Who ever gets an email keep me posted and I ll do the same. I had a few friends from Vancouver who didnt get the call on the first assessment day but were told by other people who were there about the second assessment with the emirates recruiters and they showed up to the event and got selected. Apparently Konexion is just doing the selections from personal likeability and Emirates is looking for really nice people. I already have friend s who work for them and say that as long as you are nice, they will hire you. I met alot of nice people on Saturday who werent there for the assessments. I dont know if letting a recruitment agency short list is a very good idea. I am sure alot of good ppl get short listed out.

SO yeah, lets keep each other notified of whats next...I ll post as soon as I know...

freee
13th Apr 2010, 13:07
Hey guys,
its my first time in this forum. Had my final interview 6 weeks ago, got no answer after that and called them in Dubai to find out whats going on. After talking to them i realised that all that time my account on emiratesgroupcareers was not working:ugh:
Anyway, what they told me is that my approval is still under process and that i will receive an email till Friday, and when i asked them if it will be a phone call, the woman on the phone said, no you will definatelly receive an email.:{ Guess it will be the rejection one, she just didnt want to tell me that during our conversation.
Any opinions?
Thank guys.

Misspatient
13th Apr 2010, 13:40
Omg...my status changed to APPROVAL IN PROGRESS tonight! So so excited, it has been a long wait. FI was Feb 15th....just awaiting on that golden call now! Fingers,toes and everything crossed! :):ok:

slither7
13th Apr 2010, 14:24
hey guyz..
im new around here...
i have my first interview scheduled on april 25...
any tips or advice on questions asked, what to expect ,how to behave...? thanks!

Karoukera
13th Apr 2010, 14:34
I want to thank headerbjk for his help about the pre-employment medical form.

I give you some infos about me:

Open Day - 13th March
Final Interview - 15th March
Golden call - 5th April
Date of joining - 10th May

and now I'm in administrative papers for pre-joining.
I'm glad to help too.

(well done Lola81: I like the style you write all dates of your recruitment stages, so I did it the same too!)

Kisses to everybody

EK_CC_TOBE
13th Apr 2010, 14:38
@lola81 - congratulations, hope you get your call very very soon.
@phaquer - hey bro, my status changed yo APPROVAL IN PROGRESS this afternoon. how`s yours? hope your status changes soon too.

phaquer
13th Apr 2010, 15:04
wow!

after over 8 weeks of waiting, so the to 6 week rule is not really a hard rule?! goodluck to you! cross everything for that golden call! :)

phaquer
13th Apr 2010, 15:17
hey tobe!

mine hasn't changed yet. waaaaah. around what time? i don't know. if it will not change within this week, i don't know what to do anymore! i think though that you will be getting the call anytime within the next few days. update bro ha!

Mike OB
13th Apr 2010, 16:27
Hello Everyone. Reading through these forums I notice a lot of people are concerned and interested in exactly how the whole process with Emirates recruitment works. I hope to explain to you what I went through, to give you a better understanding and to help you get through the process yourself!
I am currently 3 weeks away from joining Emirates on May 3rd, 2010. I just submitted all of my medical documents and am waiting to receive my itinerary and visa!

First off, my OPEN DAY was February 27th, 2010 in Los Angeles, CA. I showed up and about 200 people arrived. We sat there for 4 hours going through videos and a basic information session with only ONE (1) recruiter present. I thought it was rather odd that there was only one lady given the amount of people who showed up. She informed us her colleague was sick and was arriving late, and as a result, the people who were successful after that day would be returning the next day for the ASSESSMENT DAY on February 28th, 2010.

After the information session and questions were all answered, all we did was hand in our CV's and our ONE (1) picture. She took NO TIME to ask us anything just said thanks and made us do the REACH TEST. This is where maybe 30% of everyone was already eliminated. IF YOU CANNOT REACH THE MINIMUM HEIGHT YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME. I swear people I heard travelled all the way from Asia and Canada and even New Zealand, and didn't even pass the reach test! It was quite sad. YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO REACH 212cms!!! YOU HAVE TOOOO! NOT BARELY, YOU MUST PUT YOUR FINGERS AT THE TOP OR ABOVE THE LINE! :)

So after all this we were sent home and told that we would either receive a phone call, yes a phone call, inviting us back for the next days ASSESSMENT DAY. If you didn't receive a call then you were not invited back. A few things: It is VERY IMPORTANT your CV is crisp, well readable, and ONE (1) page in length.

EVEN MORE IMPORTANT is your picture that you initially hand in. I saw some people handing in Polaroids and crappy 4"x6" regular photos. I turned in a very nice 8 1/2" x 11" head shot from my mid-section up, slightly turning away from the camera and looking upwards with my CLEAN PRESSED SUIT ON. I was appalled at some of the pictures some of the people around me were handing in. So yeah, there's that. CLEAN NICE PICTURE that looks like YOU SPENT TIME AND EFFORT making it look nice, and a WELL POLISHED, easy-to-read CV!!!! :)

The next morning I returned to find that about 80-90 of us came back for the ASSESSMENT DAY on Sunday. At this point we still had not filled out ANYTHING and we were given our numbers and split basically into FOUR (4) large groups of 22-23 people. We did TWO (2) group exercises at this point.

We had to turn to our right and find out from the person next to us what kind of animal they would be if they weren't a human, and we ALSO had to find out what they would do if they could be invisible for a day. Conversely you had to turn to your left and tell the person on your other side what YOU WOULD BE and DO, and you ultimately have to stand up in front of just about everyone, and present your findings. Quite nerve racking to say the least.

After this we had to as A LARGE GROUP discuss "what morals or ethics would we, as a group, be willing to go to jail for". The question was quite weird and everyone was freaking out, and I ultimately said NOTHING in this group exercise because quite frankly I don't know that I would want to go to jail for anything. People were talking about morals and family issues etc., but it was really a trick question i realized. Most of the people who were trying real hard to talk and discuss were ultimately eliminated.

There was this one guy who kept going around the table making sure everyone "got their say in", basically putting everyone on the spot. Let me tell you this is a BIG NO NO. Any sign of overt nervousness or discomfort will get you eliminated. Ultimately I stayed VERY quiet and really said nothing during this one, which i was somewhat worried about but it ultimately worked out.

After these 2 exercises they have an elimination round in which they simply hand you a letter with your number on it and it says either YOU HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL TO THE NEXT STAGE, or YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL, YOU CAN RE-APPLY in 6 MONTHS.

Next stage was the groups cut down in half literally, we were now down to maybe 40-50 people, and the groups got smaller. About 10 of us sat in a circle and had to build a structure out of 25 sheets of blank 8 1/2 x 11" paper and like 20 paper clips. as a group we had 10 minutes to put it together and the catch was it had to have STRUCTURAL integrity and also be as TALL as possible without falling. and once again, the people who were over the top trying realllly hard and freaking out to get the structure built were eliminated, and the ones who listened to the ideas but also contributed got to stay after the next elimination stage.

After the next elimination stage we were cut down to about 30-40 people. We had a LONG break because this stage they make all the people who did not graduate from a high school in America take an English proficiency exam. If you graduate from high school in America you are exempt and basically get to skip a whole stage. After this stage we ere cut down to like 30-32 people, and once again split into 4 very small, intimate groups.

The last exercise was 6-7 of us at a round table and we had to come up with a TV SITCOM. The parameters were, GIVE IT A NAME, FIND OUT WHAT KIND OF SITCOM IT IS (i.e. comedy, drama, etc.), GIVE IT A PLOT, FIND OUT AN ACTOR and ACTRESS who would star in it, and one other thing i cant remember. we had 10 minutes to do this. our group did pretty well and then there was another elimination stage. of the 7 of us they cut 2, a guy and a girl, and then FINALLLLLY they told us congratulations you have made it to the final interview.

So after a long break and everyone finished their exercises, we were pulled in a room and there were 23 of us. I'd say maybe 16 women, 7 men. It wasn't over yet. We had to take a 257 question personality and aptitude test, and fill out a bunch of paper work. They said "this means you get a final interview" and it was kinda crappy because due to the late arrival of the one assessment lady, they could only accommodate 14 interview in the next few days, giving priority to the people who came from far away. If you were from LA, which I am, we had to wait for our interview, and ultimately my FINAL INTERVIEW was on March 17th, 2 1/2 weeks later.

The final interview is rather intense. I have heard some people get 2 interviewers, I however only had ONE (1). She flew in from Dubai specifically to finish up the LA interviews, and I was one of the last to go which I wasn't totally happy about. She drilled me hardcore about my current job, my life as a fine dining server, and my career goals. She talked about conservative Dubai Lifestyle, and psychologically probed me to see if I can fit in. If you can't look them in the eye and speak with charisma and enthusiasm, you will not be successful. I had a few questions like "Why Cabin Crew", and "What is your greatest accomplishment and achievement up to this point in your life", and I had some good responses.

I waited only 10 days from my interview before i got the "GOLDEN CALL" and they told me on March 27th, my 25th birthday, ironically, that I will be joining them on May 3rd. GREATEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!

The medicals are ABSURD, and if you don't have the money to invest or you feel you will not meet the standards just stop cause there are a lot of requirements. The MAIN thing is they don't want to you have any life threatening diseases like AIDS or syphilis or hepatitis. Also they mainly want to make sure you get ALL your dental health up to date and cleaned, like all cavities filled and what not.

You have to not be a long term smoker or have lung issues cause you have to take chest x-rays, they also want you to get a few dental x-rays as well. And finally you have to have a correct "BODY MASS INDEX" A.K.A. "BMI". basically your weight has to be proportionate to your height.

I hope this explanation was helpful. The bottom line is this: I applied online in November last year, 2009. I heard about the LA assessment day in an email Emirates sent be in mid January. I went through all the assessments at the end of February, had my interview in March, and I am now 19 days from getting on the plane and flying to Dubai. The process is tedious, and gruelling, and you will only be successful if you TRULY, TRULY WANT IT, like anything in life! I researched and researched this airline, the process, and ways in which to be successful, and I am very thrilled to have made it!

I Wish everyone the best of luck in their endeavors and pursuits, and I hope to see you all in Dubai some day! GOOD LUCK!

Ekhopeful
13th Apr 2010, 16:45
I think you should just wait till the end of the week. If its bad news, you can always try again if not all the better

TFM
13th Apr 2010, 19:59
Did anyone on here from the London AD make it to the final interview? :ok:

HJA100
13th Apr 2010, 22:33
Hi TFM

I made it to the FI from the AD on the 22nd of March. Did you make it too? Have you heard anything yet?

Oops sorry i just saw that you stated the 8th of April AD. If you went who were your recruiters?

phaquer
13th Apr 2010, 23:05
hello HJA100!

any news???

oliver8703
14th Apr 2010, 00:03
hi Toronto Fly...I was there also.. had my 1 on 1 with Ingrid..what a nice lady... did you hear back from them? .. I am still waiting. Goodluck to you!! :):ok:

Anybody else who was at the Toronto Open house April 2010???

its tuesday and I am still waiting for a call.. :)

oliver8703
14th Apr 2010, 00:10
mine was very similar to that... I was interviewed by the lady on the far right..her name is Ingrid..basically she asked me about my past experience and if I have any concerns or questions about moving to Dubai...she also asked me what I thought about the long line up and and waiting for a long period of time.. she's a nice lady and I hope to hear from her..did you get an email yet flygirl

lola81
14th Apr 2010, 00:36
when i went through FI two years ago i had to do the IQ test afterward while my friend didn't. when she got her golden call i was sure the test meant bad news! then i got my golden call! i personally think the IQ test at the end is given to persons that they like , want to give the chance to pass but for whatever reason didn't hit the ball out the park in the interview. so in the long run i guess you can look at it in a positive light. i mean its better that just letting you walk out the door not being satisfied about your performance in the FI. :ok:

so they take our passport when we arrive in Dubai .... when do they give it back? thanks

i read this recently, what do you guys think -

The only hostel for women in Dubai – a filthy private villa on the brink of being repossessed – is filled with escaped maids. Mela Matari, a 25-year-old Ethiopian woman with a drooping smile, tells me what happened to her – and thousands like her. She was promised a paradise in the sands by an agency, so she left her four year-old daughter at home and headed here to earn money for a better future. "But they paid me half what they promised. I was put with an Australian family – four children – and Madam made me work from 6am to 1am every day, with no day off. I was exhausted and pleaded for a break, but they just shouted: 'You came here to work, not sleep!' Then one day I just couldn't go on, and Madam beat me. She beat me with her fists and kicked me. My ear still hurts. They wouldn't give me my wages: they said they'd pay me at the end of the two years. What could I do? I didn't know anybody here. I was terrified."
One day, after yet another beating, Mela ran out onto the streets, and asked – in broken English – how to find the Ethiopian consulate. After walking for two days, she found it, but they told her she had to get her passport back from Madam. "Well, how could I?" she asks. She has been in this hostel for six months. She has spoken to her daughter twice. "I lost my country, I lost my daughter, I lost everything," she says.

EliseChang
14th Apr 2010, 03:27
Smiling natually is very important and do not think, this is interview and assesment ~ just enjoy every moment, and other candidates they are not rivals, consider them as your colleagues or friends. It worked for me ^^
Good luck:)

EKCC_Bex
14th Apr 2010, 03:31
~I just noticed something really awful

Does anyone know what I should do? I got the email from them today to attend the Emirates Interviews in Toronto this Saturday but it went to my junk mail and by mistake I emptied my junk email and now the e-mail has been deleted with all the important information

Anyone who has been invited this Saturday, could you please send me the e-mail, I m sure it's standard for all of us, to

[email protected]

Please, it tells us everything what to bring for Saturday:(

THANKS !!!

Toronto Emirates Recruitment~

Hi
My experience with the Agency was amazing . I have in dine serving experience ( hospitality ) and I have completed the two year course for flight attendants from Seneca College.

My experience
April 10 : Open Day
April 11 : Assessment Day
April 13 : Email to attend Emirates on April 17 this SATURDAY :)
April 17 : Meeting Emirates themselves

Rebecca

Misspatient
14th Apr 2010, 04:34
Hi there! It's important to smile and just be yourself, make sure you listen carefully to their questions and don't get too nervous (even though you will be!) If you smile and nod and stay friendly you will do really well.

In the final interview its important to have scenarios ready from your previous jobs as they will look at your CV and ask the appropriate questions about your current or previous line of work. I had lovely recruiters for my FI so I was particularly fortunate...

my FI was on the 15th of Feb and my status has now finally changed to approval in progress!! Yay!!! Its been 8 weeks sice my FI and I have been praying to see a change in that status and finally I have!!! so lets hope it changes again soon followed by the Golden Call!:ok:

Good luck and hopefully see you in Dubai Soon!!!!:)

spontaneous
14th Apr 2010, 06:58
to Mike_OB

Thank you for this detailed information. The recruitment process is extremely long and the medical reports are just ridiculous.....and we are waiting and waiting. :ugh:

Mari
14th Apr 2010, 06:59
Dear Mike,

excellent post about the Emirates recruitment process! Very well written and useful. I really liked it.

It's more than 40 degrees today (oh, you are American, I mean more than 100 degrees), it's getting very hot. Although, you will enjoy the beach and the pool in May and June. Even later if the water is cold and you go swimming after sunset. I was told that this heat is different from the Californian heat. Well, you'll see...

There are lots of new A380s coming this year, so you might be trained on that aircraft type. The 380 doesn't fly to LA but it's going to fly to New York again from October. I guess they haven't told you yet which fleet you got.

Some new-joiners are awfully spoiled and complain about absolutely everything. I hope you will have a nice batch, friendly flatmate and pretty accomodation.

I hope you will be able to adapt to this new environment and enjoy. Upgrades finally started again, slowly but surely. If your performance and attendance is very good, you'll make it to premium cabin in 14-18 months.

I wish you all the best with Emirates and congratulations!!!

Mari
14th Apr 2010, 07:38
Yes, they take your passport right after arriving to Dubai. They will give it back to you appr. 4 weeks later with the valid residence visa in it.

No worries. You will have the copy of your passport, your ID from your home country and your birth certificate. These documents should be more than enough to prove to your consulate who you are.

UAE Travel: Embassies & Consulates - UAEinteract (http://www.uaeinteract.com/travel/consulates.asp)

About this maid: so she "lost" her passport and the consulate doesn't give her a temporary one to go home? Are you kidding me?! And surely, Australian housewives usually beat up the maids! I seriously doubt it.

Karoukera
14th Apr 2010, 07:54
For information:

I had IQ test in the end of my final interview then I have been successful.

But does it mean: IQ = successful? Not sure....

iio78
14th Apr 2010, 08:23
hello guys i have a question maybe someone can help me. i ve been to emirates interview twice and made it through the fi interview both times. i was rejected everytime. when i got the second rejection email i had the same reference number on top of the email as the first time. my question is if it can be a mistake since i have the same reference number 3 years apart.

gerjana
14th Apr 2010, 08:54
Dear Mari,

I was hoping that you know a little bit about my accommodation which is Obaidulla Building 4, Al Qusais! I searched the forum and in the search engines but I couldn't find useful information. Any help will be appreciated !

headerbjk
14th Apr 2010, 09:45
Karoukera..filling out the IQ test doesnt mean you were unsuccesfull...its a test just they let somebody to fill out and somebody not...

dream_to_fly
14th Apr 2010, 10:05
Hi guys I am quite curious about the IQ test as well. Does it actually determine your chance in getting hired? I have read some posts back and some say the IQ test is just random, others say doing the IQ wont actually determine anything whereas my friends (3 of them work for emirates) says it is, while the other 2 said it's just a test that helps the recruiters understand how you solve problems and if you can solve it in a timely manner.

I guess we will never know... We'll just have to do our best to impress them and do the best!

Anyone going to the Brisbane OD this saturday? It will be my second time going and I made it to the FI the first go.

Good luck to those who are waiting for the golden calls and the ones who are attending OD/AD's :ok:

PS. I saw an earlier post where someone asked if new crews are doing mostly turnarounds and 2 lay-overs a month for a period of 6 months. Well that's not the case anymore. My friends who just got hired and finished their training have travelled to 4 lay-over cities and they've just finished their training a month ago. The reason? Emirates is very short staffed according to them, and according to this Emirates pilot I met a few days ago

:}

God bless you all!

EKwanabe
14th Apr 2010, 11:15
hi, I am a newbie on this forum and waiting for the golden call.
I am just curious what consists of security documents that you have to upload at the portal.

By any chance does it include police certificates from the countries you lived more than 6months?

I have lived in the USA, Canada, and now in Australia, so just curious if I should prepare for all 3 countries police certificates in the case I get the golden call.

Someone please write the security documents list here please.

Thanks!

PS: Also, if anyone did the final interview this week in Sydney, please hella back to me. I did it on Monday.

EKIRELAND
14th Apr 2010, 11:26
All that is required for the security documents section is a copy of your passport and a passport size photo - once they are scanned onto the portal that's it, until you arrive in Dubai, where copies of your Birth Cert are required.

Hope this helps.

Flick_87
14th Apr 2010, 12:22
After 5 weeks of waiting after my FI I decided to phone Emirates on the number that was on here. I got through to someone from HR who checked my application and I'm sure she said something about it being in progress and I would receive a call or an email within the next 4 days. Any thoughts on this?

Mari
14th Apr 2010, 12:29
I have one: you might receive a phone call or an e-mail within 4 days. You might receive some news later, even she said it was going to be 4 days. You will get to know the result soon like anyone else.

Does anyone have any other thoughts on this?!

Nayeema
14th Apr 2010, 12:32
Hi Oliver....

I got my call and my invitation via email to the Emirates Screening day this coming Saturday! I am sooooo excited.

Hang in there...I am sure you will also...

Nicole_B
14th Apr 2010, 13:19
Thank you Mike_OB for sharing with us you OD and FI experience, I really enjoyed it! Jagged_J, Shezare, Tweezers, Moe.Ismail, EkIstambul and I have the same DOJ, 3rd May. Hope to see you soon in DXB and hope we'll be all in the same batch!

Anybody else have the same DOJ?

Hi Mari,

May I ask you If you have a blog or can you recommend a blog of EK FA or of another airlines?

Thank you

Ekhopeful
14th Apr 2010, 13:32
I was asked to indicate whether i was employed or not which I'm not. So i tried uploadin it in the other documents part but it said an error occurred and i should contact an HR coordinator. So my question is how do i upload it?

stella1
14th Apr 2010, 13:36
hey guys!!does anyboby know about the IQ test that we write after the FI?i've passed my FI yesterday in athens however i didn't write the second IQ test some candidates though wrote it...
What does this mean??Is it negative for me??:bored:

Misspatient
14th Apr 2010, 13:37
Tonight I logged in and i was delighted to read...You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest
WOO HOO!!! God bless, I can't wait for that phonecall!
Good luck everyone!!! :):):)

Nicole_B
14th Apr 2010, 13:39
I suggest you to e-mail them your document and explain what problem do you have, or try again later or tommorow. If it doesn't work try e-mail or call them tommorow!

Good luck!

HJA100
14th Apr 2010, 13:43
Okay so 1st thing this morning i checked my EK status and it still said under review and as Dubai is 3 hours ahead and their working day was over i thought that would be it and i would check again tomorrow but i didn't have the patience and checked just now and it says your recruitment co-ordinator will contact you at the earliest! But i never saw it say approval in progress do you think this means i could still get the rejection email?

I am so excited but terrified i might still get the email!
Phaquer how is your status?
Wishing all of us waiting for our golden calls all the patience and luck we need!:ok::ok::ok:

freee
14th Apr 2010, 13:45
Hey Flick87,
the exact same thing happened to me. After 6 weeks of waiting, i called Dubai, and the woman i spoke with, told me that my application is still under process and i will be contacted by Emirates until Friday and if not a should call them on Monday. The worrying part is that she mentioned that i will be contacted via email(and as we all know, email means rejection). When i asked her if she needs my new phone number, she told me that she's just gonna need my email:(
Guess thats a bad sign.... Well, as long as she told you that you may get a phone call, dont worry at all. Your application is still under process and you may get your golden call anytime soon.
Fingers crossed!

EK_CC_TOBE
14th Apr 2010, 13:59
I tried to log in and i got YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY YOUR RECRUITMENT COORDINATOR AT THE EARLIEST.

March 13 - Initial screening by the local agency
March 29 - AD
April 1 - Final Interview
April 13 - Approval in Progress
April 14 - You will be contacted......

Does this means im gonna receive the golden call soon?

Nicole_B
14th Apr 2010, 15:42
I emailed everytime to the last mail I have received from EK.

HJA100
14th Apr 2010, 15:55
Hi Ekhopeful

This is a forum for all EK wannabes so you have to remember whether or not somebody's read through everything twice they will still be nervous/excited about their situation some might have only waited a week and others 8 weeks. I know it must be frustrating to keep seeing the same message from many people but this forum is here for others in the same situation to be helpful to one another so although your intention was not to be rude please keep this in mind.:)

TFM
14th Apr 2010, 17:15
Hi HJA100!

Well done for making it to FI!!

My AD was last Thursday and FI on Friday...I have just sent off the remaining things today that they require like photos etc so wouldn't have heard yet.

Lucy and Sarah were the recruiters and they were both sooo lovely. Really made everyone feel at ease. Lucy also conducted my 1-2-1 interview.

I don't feel to confident though, I keep going over things I said in the interview and feel I could have done better. I'm also nervous about the personality test. When we started the personality test it was already 6pm and I was starving and just wanted to get out of there and rushed it! :-S

There were about 15 out of 50 ish who made it to the FI.

Fingers crossed for us both!! I'm in the same boat as you, didn't manage to get details of those who also got through to FI so no idea how everyone else did.

Fingers crossed for you, for us both lol :ok:

HJA100
14th Apr 2010, 17:44
Hi TFM

After my FI was feeling the same way; really deflated and anxious because as far as i was concerned i hadn't done as well as i could do (Lucy was also my recruiter and she keep asking me to elaborate on my answers), but i only realized yesterday that we have no idea what they are looking for not really anyway. So i decided last night that although patience is not my best quality i would just have to wait and see what happens and today my status changed so God willing il be getting my golden call soon!

I have to agree with that personality test though; by the time we got round to it i was so hungry as i was too nervous to eat at lunch! but to be honest from what i've heard the personality test is more to do with if you get the job then they would know whether to place you with a quiet/lively housemate etc im not sure if it actually helps determine whether or not you get the job. To be quite honest with you TFM i read this forum all the way through and it only made me feel worse about my interview and i convinced myself i would not be getting the job until i came to the conclusion what will be will be (although i REALLY want this job)..i think its just a state of mind we have to get to.

Il be praying for you as well as myself..good luck!
Hope i helped:)

EKIRELAND
14th Apr 2010, 18:27
Hey Everyone,

How many people have we got for May 17th Date of Joining??

Congrats to all of you who have been sucessful, and Best of Luck for those of you still waiting for that infamous golden call!

spontaneous
14th Apr 2010, 19:22
Doj May 17th

I know about me and another girl from Bulgaria. Also, ekhopeful.

And good luck to everybody waiting their call or final approval :)

agosarg
14th Apr 2010, 19:41
Hi everybody!
I'm just new in this forum, I am attending AD in Buenos Aires on 24 APRIL.
I's really encouranging all the posts in here.
SOmebody else going to MAr del plata?
XOXO

Mike OB
15th Apr 2010, 01:55
thank you so much! i cannot wait to be there! i dont mind being on the a380 whatsoever, even though i really hope to get on the LA flight as often as possible!! im sure in time it will happen! Friend me on FACEBOOK if you want, Michael James O'Bryan my name!

thanks for reading my thread, i figured people could use a nice detailed account of the process!

i am very happy to have made it!

all the best,
Mike

freee
15th Apr 2010, 06:34
hey guys,
the rejection email you all get it in your email address'es inbox right? Not in your emirates account or anything, right? thanks.

Ekhopeful
15th Apr 2010, 08:49
You might get in both. Mike I'm gonna add you. My name is Delphine Akua. When is your doj? 3rd May right.

topgun_29
15th Apr 2010, 10:08
Hi to all, today I've received a golden call, my DOJ is on 17 Mai 2010.

My OD was on 13 March in Paris,
FI was on 16 March.

Good luck to all of you still waiting for a golden call and never give up, I've tried with Qatar but I was rejected. Now I see that's even better, because I prefer Dubai than Doha....

Karoukera
15th Apr 2010, 10:18
Anyone have DOJ on 10th MAY like me? :ok:

Ekhopeful
15th Apr 2010, 10:47
topgun CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! @Karoukera congratulations too. I honestly haven't seen many people with 10th may as their doj but I'm sure they're around. 32 days more 17th May group. Anyone received their final approval yet? So far they've only asked me to indicate my employment status.

Flick_87
15th Apr 2010, 13:33
Just checked my online status there and it says 'You will be contacted by your recruiter at the earliest'. Does this mean I will get the golden call? If so, when?

HJA100
15th Apr 2010, 13:55
Hi flick

Yes you should be getting your golden call soon! When was you FI and was it in London? It's the weekend in Dubai now so well have to wait until next week which starts on sunday with any luck well know by then!

Does anybody know where to get cheap medicals done in the uk...I'm seein very expensive prices for only the ECG xray etc no dentals/vaccinations/opticians included!? Any help would be appreciated

Ekhopeful
15th Apr 2010, 14:29
@HJA100 the ECG is not required and if you don't wear glasses, contacts or have ever had corrective eye surgery you don't need to do the opthalmic test. The only tests required are HIV test, syphilis test,Hb count, hepatitis b&c test, cervical smear if you're sexually active, dental check, chest xray with a report for the heart and lungs. You do have to take about 8 vaccinations and if you can't have all done in your home country you could have them done in DXB. Other medicals include obtaining 2 bitewings and an OPG for the dental report. Thats about all the medical requirements. Trying to make up for yesterday. Hehehe. Hope it helps.

HJA100
15th Apr 2010, 20:48
Really? i havent got my golden call yet but as my status changed im hoping it will be soon and because of that i havent recieved any medical details but from research i was soo sure you had to do all of the ECG opticians etc and also how would they know if you've had any eye surgery/need glasses/are sexually active? it doesnt seem very smart on EK's part surely there are people willing to lie about these things (NOT that its my intention:))

Thanks soo much for clearing that up for me and If you could pm me the medical requiremnts i would really appreciate it. Oh and yestersday was already forgotton!:ok:

lola81
15th Apr 2010, 23:39
EK will know you had eye surgery or if you need glasses when their doctors give you an eye exam in DXB. as far as the virgin pardon well i guess they are just taking you at your word... :hmm:

good luck.

fly_ATW
16th Apr 2010, 04:41
I received an email from the HR services and they told me to name all the medications that i have been taking.
This was after all of my medical results be uploaded.
I wonder why they are asking me this. I have had the results from the clinic and said that I have no problem at all with my results.

Anyone who experienced the same thing?

Thanks

EliseChang
16th Apr 2010, 13:41
Yesterday, I got email from my Hr manager, she wanted me to send my certificate of present career, and she said, "you will be prcessed further only once we recieve your document." OMG..
so, I sent my document and recruit manager got and checked it.

and my online application status is still, Approval in progress...

I just wonder, this is good sign...the waiting so hard, because, I'm waiting for my result for about 6 weeks. :\:sad:

Good luck to you, all~~

TFM
16th Apr 2010, 15:48
Thanks HJA100. Will let you know how I get on. I spoke to HR at London office and they have received my documents but won't be sending to Dubai until next week as the planes are all grounded lol, a few extra days to wait lol!

Karoukera
16th Apr 2010, 16:14
to EliseChang:
It's better than nothing. The process goes step by step. Only when they got all your documents, you reach the next step. Courage!

EKIstanbull
16th Apr 2010, 16:45
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SAME DOJ WITH ME MAY 3RD AND GOT THE FINAL APPROVAL??MY MEDS ARE APPROVED BUT STILL WAITING FOR THE FINAL APPROVAL??

SICK OF WAITING:ugh:

mavaro
16th Apr 2010, 20:29
Hi! I am going to MDQ on April 24th! Do you have a msn account? I live in La Plata. Looking forward to the date!

Marina

ex-pr-qr-crew
17th Apr 2010, 02:04
two bitewings? are they the same with panoramic xray?

headerbjk
17th Apr 2010, 05:54
No. They`re not the same (Bitewings and Panaromic are different) But bitewings are so old fashioned technology and its not possible to find everywhere. So i ll be going without them and if they need them , they can get them there. I couldn`t find here where to get bitewings..

dream_to_fly
17th Apr 2010, 06:05
Hi guys!

I just attended an OD in Brisbane. About 150 people turned up and it was quite a busy day. The recruiters kept saying they were jetlag and would want this to go quickly. We basically handed our resume to them after the whole induction and they didn't even ask questions to us like "are you working now" or "tell me about yourself".

I made friends with 2 other girls and kept in contact with one, and she's already got her call. It's nearly 5pm now so Im guessing I missed out! Better luck next time for me then!

cabin8crew
17th Apr 2010, 08:34
Hello everyone, I have a question is there someone else who is waiting 5th week for golden call? I mean I had FI on 14th of March, and looks like everyone got the call. For me it is the second time like that, Last year, I made it to FI, and then they promised to call or email. They never did... even I was trying to send them dozen of emails, and reach them by phone.

So can anyone tell me who is waiting (or waited) longer than 5 weeks :O

By the way, days off for European crew of the ash :O

lola81
17th Apr 2010, 08:52
they are small xrays of your back teeth. they fits between your finger tips they are so small. its to see if your molders are impacted. dental sergeants should be able to do it for you. good luck.

dream_to_fly
17th Apr 2010, 09:45
I thought I didn't get a call. But I waited for another hour and finally got it!

I am looking forward to tmrw as I know it wil be a lot of group activities...

Wish all of you guys the best especially the ones that are heading to Dubai soon :ok:

God bless

:}

lola81
17th Apr 2010, 12:25
i got the call!!!!

DOJ - 24 MAY 2010

thank you Lord!

fly_ATW
17th Apr 2010, 13:09
received an email from the HR services and they told me to name all the medications that i have been taking.
This was after all of my medical results be uploaded.
I wonder why they are asking me this. I have had the results from the clinic and said that I have no problem at all with my results.

Anyone who experienced the same thing?

Thanks

kenyan85
17th Apr 2010, 13:24
Congratulations girl! I'm so happy for you! I've been following your journey ardently. You are such an inspiration to everyone, I must say. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I attended the Nairobi AD last weekend, and made it to the Final Interview second time trying. I was the only guy who made it this time round too. Hope lightning strikes twice for my case too! Congratulations again, and update your blog girl, loved it the first time I read it!

EK_CC_TOBE
17th Apr 2010, 13:35
Just Got The Call

Doj May 17

To God Be The Glory

Ekhopeful
17th Apr 2010, 14:26
Congratulations lola. I'm sure this time around nothing would separate you from Ek. Can't wait to meet you and Ek cc in DXB. Kenyan85 i hope you're called soon. Wow Ek is really recruiting hard. I'm happy for all of us. Advice to you guys, when you get the call try to do the medicals asap so that they don't rush you when your doj is approaching. Good luck to those waiting for their golden calls, final approvals, ADs, ODs and FIs. fly_ATW call them tomorrow and find out what's going on. Don't bother emailing, call them tomorrow.

PetraZG
17th Apr 2010, 16:08
Hy everyone...

I applied for my 1st OD in Belgrade on 24th April and all of your posts are so helpfull :)
Just wanted to say thank you because I know what to except and try my best...
So, i'm counting one more week for the big day. I can't wait!

stella1
17th Apr 2010, 18:57
hey everyone!!!
my best friend passed the FI the same day like in athens...and we're both waiting for their answer in three weeks!!however she has a tattoo in a visible place in her hand and tried to hide it...what happens in case they see it if she is succesful and what do you suggest she could do???

ncar
17th Apr 2010, 21:15
i had my FI on march 15th also ( 5 weeks of waiting )...15 made it to the final ..4 already got the call ..and im still waiting for answer ... probably im going to wait this week and after that ..gotta try to contact them by phone ... no emails ....

so lets keep waiting ... :ugh::ugh:

snowglobe
18th Apr 2010, 00:42
Can anyone help me?

I attended the glasgow od but wasn't invited to the ad.
So I applied for the liverpool ad but it says "not shortlisted"
Can I apply again for the liverpool ad? But with better pics etc?
Or can I apply for the belfast ad? Or do I need to wait 6 months?

Hope someone knows! Xxx

lola81
18th Apr 2010, 01:34
stella1 (http://www.pprune.org/members/325803-stella1)- your friend could have her tattoo removed while she waits or when she gets the golden call.

snowglobe- you don't have to wait 6 mths. that rule does not apply in your situation.

just had to say- i was not expecting any call today, its the weekend! such a surprise!

Yura01
18th Apr 2010, 12:28
Hi all,
I finally got the courage to pursue my cabin crew dreams. First step is becoming a registered member here. I've been getting so much info from the thread.
I'm currently in Dubai and upon checking the Emirates website, I saw that they have a CV drop-off on 1st May. From my understanding, this is like the Open Day in other countries like Philippines, Thailand where hopefuls come in business attire and just hand the CV to the recruitment officer. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, regarding medicals: if you fail one of the tests does it automatically deem you medically unfit? Specific examples:
- scoliosis: if you have scoliosis, do they allow a certain degree ? anything over the limit makes you unfit
- Hepatitis B: if you test positive, does it automatically make you unfit or they check also the level from the results?

^ Oh i forgot to add, it says "CV drop-off for candidates of all Nationalities"

kenyan85
18th Apr 2010, 13:53
So, after barely a week of waiting I get the rejection email. Second time trying. Will I try again next year? Probably not. Maybe my 'calling' is not in the airline career. Gotta look somewhere else. Good luck everyone, work hard and never take this opportunity for granted. You all are amazing . I'm out!!

snowglobe
18th Apr 2010, 16:02
So I can apply again for the same ad I wasn't short listed for?
Maybe I should make a new account so I don't confuse the system lol

Sophie13
18th Apr 2010, 19:59
hey everyone!

supposed to be leaving for Dubai on May 24th but still have not managed to have my medicals done and now I am stuck in Majorca until at least May 1st!

I will call the recruiters tommorow but does anyone know if this will affect my date of joining. I am so worried now.

Thanks everyone

Sophie:ok:

EKIRELAND
18th Apr 2010, 20:12
Hey everyone,

I just spoke with one of my friends whos DOJ is suposed to be tomorrow. She recieved an email today from HR saying that due to the obvious travel disruption in Europe her DOJ will now not be until Mid/Late May. Lets just hope this volcano stops and normal flight operations can resume ASAP.

Yura01 -

The documents state that an Emirates Airline Work Visa will not be issued if you test positive for HIV/Hep B /Hep C... or have untreated Syphillis.

Regarding Scoliosis the "cobbs angle" must be under 30degrees for it to be acceptable, however you must not have recurrent back pain.

Hope this helps! :)

Karoukera
18th Apr 2010, 20:42
To ncar: Did you already have the Golden Call?

ncar
18th Apr 2010, 21:10
nop ..didint get the golden call yet ....
i had my fi on march 15th .. 5th weeks of waiting already ....

just want to know the answer !! ..i think i did good on my interview...but at the end of the interview i was asked to do the pshycometric test ( it was difficult for me .) so i have my doubts :{

so lets keep waiting ..no rejection mail yet ..so fingers crossed .\:cool:

cabin8crew
19th Apr 2010, 07:17
Where was your FI? Mine in Copenhagen - Denmark, No email, and no call :ugh:

Ekhopeful
19th Apr 2010, 09:43
Has anyone with the above date received their approvals or have their medicals ticked as completed? The wait is getting irritating.

spontaneous
19th Apr 2010, 10:49
Hi ekhopeful,

I sent to the HR team an e-mail on Thursday, then because they did not reply I called them today. We all know that they do not answer to phone calls very quickly as well. Spent 1 hour trying all the different phone numbers and finally made it throught to a lady that was so nice to tell me that she'll call me back after she looks at my files. :)Of course, as I expected, this did not happen:(......................I just wanted from them to advice me what to do or change my DOJ........not tell me if I am approved. I know that they are very busy but I did everything on time and why did they even bother to ask me if I am stil employed and if I need 1 month notice to resign!:ugh::{ I need it and my company is extremely strict about it:(

Nicole_B
19th Apr 2010, 11:07
Hello all!

I have a question to the new joiners who joined EK yet or for EK CC. If in the EK accommodations is provided wireless conection?! Thank you very much!

Hugs!

stella1
19th Apr 2010, 11:35
HEY EVERYBODY!!

I have a tattoo in my lower back..it's not visible at all..Do you think i might have a problem with this???I've passed the FI and still waiting for an answer so I'm very nervous about it and i don't want this to be a problem for me to get the job...when they asked me about it they told me that they wanted to know it for identification reasons only..however we were asked to send a form via mail in which they were interested in any tattoos,piercings or birth marks that we may have..so i wrote about its size shape and place even if it is not visible.....What do you think about it????:bored::bored::bored::bored::bored:

dream_to_fly
19th Apr 2010, 12:18
Hi there guys!

Nicole: I dont think internet is provided... but people who know this can correct me. But all local phone calls in Dubai are paid for and are free.

Stella: I believe as long as you have disclosed and told the recruiters you have one tattoo in the lower back it should be fine. If you haven't, then you will definitely need to hide them.

Hope this helps!

Do you guys know if Emirates will continue recruitments until the end of this year?

I attended an OD in Brisbane but failed to make it through to the FI. I would very much like to apply again after 6 months...

Good luck to those who are waiting for the golden call!

God bless

stella1
19th Apr 2010, 12:55
thank you so much...
I've already told them when i was asked in the FI however i received today via mail a form which i have to send back within 2 days concerning any tattoos or birth marks that we have!!the same happened to the others that passed the FI...so i'm a bit worried...and anxious...:bored::bored::bored::bored::bored::bored::bored:: bored::bored:

dream_to_fly
19th Apr 2010, 13:00
If they send the form to you asking for more information, it's best to tell the truth and write down 'yes' you have a tattoo and send it back. It's in the lower back region anyway which you can cover easily. Trust me, I know and have seen so many CC have tattoos.

Best of luck!

And yes the waiting can be a pain, I made it to the FI last year and it was the longest wait of my life!

All the best

:ok:

scotsman83
19th Apr 2010, 15:15
Ok got the call i was waiting for after 2weeks from my final interview :D

Heres a quick story as to my journey upto this stage :

I've been in Dubai now for over 18months working as a personal trainer. I decided to apply for Emirates last September 2009 when they reopened recruitment.
The first time i applied i got to the final interview and had to do that logic test at the end...the reason for this being that i didn't do well in the psychometric test on the assessment day(there are a few logic questions integrated into the psych test). I know this through a friend of a friend. Anyway after an agonising 7 weeks i finally got bad news that i was unsuccessful and would have to wait 1 year to reapply!! Now of course i really wanted the job but i can't put my life on hold for a year!! Sooo i moved on and started to look at other options.

Come January 2010, i received an email from Emirates saying that they had reviewed my application again and have decided that should i still want to i can reapply after 6months. So it didn't take much for me to decide to try again! Come April i went through the whole process again but this time i felt much more confident and relaxed. I made sure that this time i was much more decisive with my answers on the psych test and didn't sit on the fence so much. Well it worked....got the the final interview which was more like a casual chat :) and was so relieved to walk out without having to do that test!! Before anyone who has had to do that logic test gets worried and is waiting for an answer...you have to know that other people have gotten through after having to do that. each application is individual so just because i failed the first time doesn't mean you will :)

Anyway now im gonna get all my medicals done and paperwork completed, my probably DOJ will be 20th May...YAY.

Goodluck to everyone...and i hope that my story will show you that if you get knocked down you've got to get back up and try again!!

EK_CC_TOBE
19th Apr 2010, 15:54
could anyone please send me the pre-employment Medical Examination Form. here`s my email [email protected]
I cannot download it. Thanks in advance

Torontofly
19th Apr 2010, 16:16
scotsman83,
Congrats for your position with Emirates!
Just read your experience very happy for you

I have my preliminary screening in Dubai, on 2nd / 4th May..

Do you have any idea what I should expect?

Xepa
19th Apr 2010, 20:00
Hi,

my DOJ is also the 10th (or 9th of May) but it was supposed to be tomorrow....it was cancelled due to the ash cloud.
Where are you fliyng from?

See you soon
Xepa:)

HJA100
19th Apr 2010, 20:10
So after 4long weeks of waiting i finally recieved my GOLDEN CALL!!!:DDOJ 7th June!:ok:

My stories as follows;
AD-22nd march 2010
FI-23rd march
Status change to Recruiter will call-14 April
GOLDEN CALL-19th April

I am soooo excited...i told everyone i came in contact with today:)

Although i still havent recieved my email containg the candiate portal information so if anybody could please email me a copy so i can get started asap i would really appreciate it!..PM me and il give you my email address:ok: Thanks:)

Xepa
19th Apr 2010, 20:13
Hi guys,

Did anyone have the same problem?
.....have to wait another 21 days................and already cancelled everything around here
Anyone with the same DOJ?

Cheers
Xepa:ok:

Karoukera
19th Apr 2010, 20:30
to ncar: just wait check your online application status, that's all you can do.
I know it's long, keep it real mate!

to Sophie13: you're not alone. My DOJ is 10may and I don't have all my medical exams done yet. Hope it will be by the end of the week. My advice is: don't waste your time and call the doctors to have your appointements as soon as possible. Even If you call far from your country... Be quick Lady!

about internet: recruiters told us during tha OD that is not included but you can make your choice to contact an internet provider.

to Xepa: I'm flying from Paris my friend.

to HJA100: you don't have to wait the email to come. Just connect your account in EK Careers with your ID, and you will see a new page instead of having your application status.(may take some days to be ready)

HJA100
19th Apr 2010, 20:36
Thanks i already tried but it still states recruiter will contact etc. If you have a copy of the pre-medicals i would appreciate if you could email me them because i have the day of tomorrow and would like to organise everything thats neccessary. Thankyou

ncar
19th Apr 2010, 21:10
thanks !!
the thing is we were asked to applied online ,,but for some reasons i wasnt able to fill all my profile ..so is just 80% complete ..believe me the day before the ad THE INTERNET server was bad ..so when i went to the ad the recruiters told us ..is ok ...and they gave us a reference number ..thats it ...

i do have a online account ... but only 80%,comlete
any sugestions??
my friend has the same issue ..but she already got the golden call

phaquer
20th Apr 2010, 05:23
rejection email -- exactly four weeks after my FI. my spirit is in shambles, but i know i will get past this. this failure is only momentary. :(

HJA100
20th Apr 2010, 06:51
Soo sorry to hear that but Don't give up Phaquer!....We went through this together..all the waiting! This is only your 1st time soo try again!

P.S
Can anyone help me with the pre-medicals. i cant access my candiaite portal yet and i havent recieved the email so if anyone could email me a copy it would really help!:{:ok:

Karoukera
20th Apr 2010, 07:19
For the pre-employment medical form, just give me your email adress in a private msg.

ncar: I don't think it a problem, the most important is your ID & password to enter your session. The email they will send contain the information you need to connect to EK Careers. In my situation the email told me I can now connect the portal but with no Id&psw because I alreday know them. Maybe for the ones who don't have created already an account they create one.
So connect regularly to see if you have the "new cadidate display" it will happened before they send you the email.:)

lola81
20th Apr 2010, 09:09
when i got the golden call i told my recruiter that in a forum i am in said that they were having problems downloading their medical pre joining forms. she personal emailed them to me.

just pm me giving your email address i will email them to you all. good luck

fly_ATW
20th Apr 2010, 09:12
And so now im curious why the others do receive email invitations to be A380 cabin crew.

Anyone here knows about the details? Thanks!

HJA100
20th Apr 2010, 09:15
Thanks but Karoukera has emailed me them..i tried calling Ek this morning and she said you'll recieve them today without asking me my name DOJ etc...i think she was just getting rid of me!:O...Thank god for forums like this!

Oh and Happy Birthday LOLA!

Melamory
20th Apr 2010, 10:37
Just got an email from the HR saying I can resign and cancel my visa!!!! Finally!!! :)))))

oliver8703
20th Apr 2010, 10:54
Hi Nayeema...how was the 2nd round interview??

spontaneous
20th Apr 2010, 10:54
Congratulations Melamory,

As far as I remember your DOJ is 31st May :) Well you will have enough time to resign and get ready! Congratulations again.

Any information for the people with DOJ 17th May?

Melamory
20th Apr 2010, 11:18
Thank you spontaneous!!!!

I dont have to give my company a notice so will upload my resignation and cancellation papers tomorrow. Does anyone know if the documents are completed, can they move the DOJ to a sooner date or do I have to sit and wait till 31st of May...? :confused:

Ksyusha
20th Apr 2010, 13:31
hi guys
just wanted to ask if I don't get any invitaion on my application online, could I visit OD anyway? or my chances are not that good? they sent me the invitation some months ago for Munich,it wasn't possible for me to go that time and now am applying for Hamburg, only 3 weeks left-no respond...

Little_Red_Hat
20th Apr 2010, 14:01
Anyone can go to the OD, I wouldn't worry about it too much!

Is there anyone else here have DOJ in June? Mine was originally May 24 but it got moved back.

twnty46
20th Apr 2010, 14:37
I had FI on Mar. 22 and my online status changed to "Approval in progress" about 2 weeks ago. on Apr. 15 I got the call from recruiter and she asked me why I quit my last job and said that they will contact me soon. But.. I don't see any change from online, no email or no call.. for 5 days... So worried!!!!!!!!!!!

Ekhopeful
20th Apr 2010, 14:54
Received my final approval today!!!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaayyyy:ok:

EKIRELAND
20th Apr 2010, 15:02
Ahhh! Congrats!! hopefully mine wont long now! Did they call or email you?

Little_Red_Hat
20th Apr 2010, 15:26
EKireland

I asked if it could be later as I have to give 1 month minimum notice and also I was having trouble getting in to get medical stuffs done. EK said no problem, start in June.

Ekhopeful
20th Apr 2010, 18:14
They texted and emailed me.

Thanks dear but all i can say is that God has been in control from the very beginning. I pray you'll get your call asap................ The pre course workbook is like homework before you even leave for DXB. I'll be praying for all of you to get your golden call,final approvals and etc.

lola81
20th Apr 2010, 18:43
why sit and wait. you can wait a while to resign unless you have a particular reason to quit right away. that gives you a bit more time to make some more money. :ok:

Melamory
20th Apr 2010, 19:50
I wish I could stay and make some money :) but the thing is I've been on unpaid leave for the past 6 months so I thought maybe if I had all the papers ready I could start sooner..

Cel
20th Apr 2010, 20:03
Hey, I'm in Dubai too and noticed EK changed it from "CV drop off for Arabic speakers only" to "all nationalities".
Finally EK is allowing me to have a chance, can't be happier :)
I was so worried that I would never get a chance to go to the interview.
I'm not sure what CV drop off day really consists of but I will be prepared as if I am going to the open day.
Hope to see you there, My name is Celina :)

cabin8crew
20th Apr 2010, 20:40
4 out of 15 got the call, do someone get the rejection email? where was your OD ? :)

Cel
20th Apr 2010, 20:47
Does anyone here familiar with CV submission day?
I wonder if we are shortlisted, assessment days will start from a day right after the submission day.
Does anyone know about this?
I will appreciate your comments/answers :)

dream_to_fly
20th Apr 2010, 22:39
Hi Cel

If it's an OD that you are attending it will be pretty much a CV submission. What will happen during that day is that you will be met by 2 recruiters who will give you a run down of what the airline is about, the lifestyle of cabin crew and of course on Dubai as well. They will show you videos, ask you questions about the company and in return you will get the ask them questions as well. The introduction will take round about 1.5 to 2 hours. After the introduction you will then be asked to introduce yourself to the recruiter where they are seated. This is where you will hand them your cv and a photo of yourself (full-size or passport photos of yourself smiling in business attire is highly recommended). You will only have about 20-30 seconds with them and they ask you things like "Where are you working at the moment" or "Tell me about yourself". Dont be offended if the recruiter seems short or not interested in you, it's either they are jet-lag or they have hundreds of attendees to go through on the OD. They are also known to purposely show "short-temper" because they want to see how you assess the situation and keep your calm.

That's basically it! If you are successful, they will give you a call and invite you to the second stage of the interview, which will be a group assessment.

Hope this helps!

God bless:ok:

lola81
20th Apr 2010, 23:22
i had one of the worst experience today trying to get most of my medicals done.

the medical staff at a PRIVATE health care facility i went to made me feel to loose it! the God amongst mortals mentality was driving me crazy. after i explained all that i needed over the phone when i got there they TOLD me no no no usually with these things x y z is what you need to do!!!! talking to me like i was slow or a child. the dentist told me don't tell him what to do after i simple explain what Emirates asked me to get done.

then he said Emirates a picky company and they would want him to send the x-rays to them personal!!!! i decided NOT to do my dental there! i just had my blood work done and chest x-ray.

i felt drained when i left.
medical staff are not use to the patients knowing a bit of what they need. its ridiculous!!!

are you all having any medical nightmares :}

Mari
21st Apr 2010, 02:28
Dear Cel,

the info above was not entirely correct.

The cv submission in Dubai is only to drop off your cv.

You need to do it in person!!! The recruitment lady might ask you 1-2 questions (first impression) and that`s it. There might be hundreds of people, men and women, it might take a while.

If successful, you will be invited later on for an Assessment. It could be 1-3 weeks later after you submitted your cv. If they don`t call you, sorry, you did not make it. They will only contact the selected candidates.

There might be several assessment days. Last time (READ BACK IN THIS TOPIC) around 30 people were invited for one of the assessments (I read it here) and 3 of them made it to the final interview.

About Assessment Days (AD): read back. You will find hundreds of detailed posts about the event.

Have a good cv and excellent photos prepared. Competition is huge in Dubai. Lots of Philippinos and Russians will apply and most of them are beautiful and have appropriate background.

You need to look neat and lovely when you meet the recruiters.

Good luck!

Mari
21st Apr 2010, 02:35
I would highly recommend everyone to do some of the medicals at an AVIATION MEDICAL EXAMINER or aviation doctor.

Search it in your mother tongue and you will all find the right person in your country. My country is very small, so only one name comes up on google and he works in the capital. I`m sure that countries, like UK or Australia have several options for you.

You need to pay but they do most of the tests, they are quick and they fill up all the paperwork without questions.

Saab Dastard
21st Apr 2010, 12:14
This thread is now closed - new thread opened at http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/412793-emirates-wannabes-recruitment-vii.html

SD