PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VI

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

rroonnjjaa
15th Dec 2009, 19:19
CONGRATULATIONS to all who will join Emirates soon!!! happy for you guys.....:ok::ok::ok::ok:

i am also waiting for the invites regarding AD¨S in UK...hopefully we will all attend!!!
:ok::ok::ok::ok:

Sydneybloggs
16th Dec 2009, 08:39
I will do, vice versa. Fingers crossed.xxxxx

pinkylicious
16th Dec 2009, 08:55
I received the link to log on to my profile to view my contract but I'm confused as in they have sent me the User ID and no password is visualized so I was wondering if I have to just log in using my normal User ID and password?

Could anyone who has already been through this pls help me out??

Even though I logged in, I don't know where to go view my contract??!!:confused::confused:
I'm growing crazy HELP!!!

shez
16th Dec 2009, 09:37
Just to let you know guys i got a golden call today DOJ 28Jan as long as i am medically fit.Thank you all for all the support and comfort .

For all those who are still waiting please keep the faith and pray hard if its meant to be it will happen.:ok:

katie.82
16th Dec 2009, 11:59
Well, same here. They send me link immediately. But the lady was talking something bout sms...So maybe we have to wait for this sms with the password. I was so in shock and it was so early in the morning, remember just few things she said:ugh: So I said to myself, that I will wait for a day or two, and them will write a mail or call them...

And congrats to everyone with the "Call" and for those who are waiting a lot of patience!!

tiniviel
16th Dec 2009, 12:40
at least you guys got the link... i still havent... I has been week seince they called me and no link. I worte them, they send me medical forms to do my medicals and in the mean time they will try to fix the problem...so... ill do medicals..but what if their system thinks I didnt accept the offer and all goes to the wind..

ill write to them every day untill i get my link

pinkylicious
16th Dec 2009, 12:51
Hi Tinivel!

Hope you are doing fine!

Well, see I did get my link but I get only my User ID but no password is visible!

I will call them tomorrow and definitely follow up!
You don't give up either!

TC

letb
16th Dec 2009, 16:23
Same here no medicals and no link :(

should i send an e-mail to them?

chupachup
16th Dec 2009, 17:37
i remember that trying to sign into the candidate portal was very confusing. i had registered before, but my old password didn't work. if i remember correctly i had to register again, with the same email, and somehow after all that, they sent me another email with a password that they give you.

hope that helps a little.

tiniviel
16th Dec 2009, 19:57
write to them or call them... we have same DOJ...it has to be a technical problem...

katie.82
16th Dec 2009, 21:01
I couldn't wait so I wrote them already. Waiting for the answer. Let you know guys, as soon as they will respond:)

Albom
16th Dec 2009, 21:18
Hi everyone!
I'm so happy and excited cause I finally got the "golden call" after almost 7 weeks of waiting!!:) I recieved the call early in the morning at 4.30am and my DOJ is 1 of FEB! I also recieved an e-mail from them where it says that I have to Logon to Candidate Portal so I can proceed wit joining formalities and to view my Employment Contract. They gave me an user name, and as for the password, I believe you have to print what you want to be your own password (that's why it's left blank). But after I created and opened my user account I don't see where I can view my contract or download Medicals? Can someone please tell me how this works? Do I have to wait for a message from them with Medicals? I will appreciate any help!
HCC- thanks for the encouragement!
And for all of you guys who are still waiting just be patient and believe in yourself cause the call will come when you at least expect it!

Yuan
17th Dec 2009, 02:23
Hello, everyone

I have contacted the EK recruitment group for no password within the link. They replied me there had one IT error about the login system, we would recieve the emial again when IT repaird this system.

Hopefully we all can go to dubai asap.:D

highlowchime
17th Dec 2009, 02:29
Hello everyone,

I just missed the golden call yesterday, do you think they are gonna call me back today?

tiniviel
17th Dec 2009, 07:31
they will call you tomorrow or day after tomorrow

pratu
17th Dec 2009, 07:38
Hi everyone!
I m new member in your forum just wanted to share and i have lots and lots of question in my mind while going through each message i am excited to become a crew my passion in life was to become a crew with no ideas just heard from someone i studied hotel management but landed to work as f&b service i have expirence in hospitality industry for more than 4 years now i m in dubai i got married last year and i m 28yrs no children is it possible for me to start my career as cabin crew my husband has no objection for this rather he helps me to prepare.To some extent i applied online for emirates and submited my cv but no answer till now i applied for etihad also i received unsucessful application.Plz Plz help with suggestion.
Thank you keep in touch!!!!!!!!!:)

want_to_fly
18th Dec 2009, 00:16
Hey guys! Im interested in attending an AD in Auckland. I have attended and OD before, but I want to know what's the difference between OD and AD... for example how many days does an AD take, is it just one on one interview or it includes a group discussion later on? Because I live in Australia, I want to make sure when I fly out to NZ I would have the considerable amount of time to be able to stay in Auckland to ensure I can meet all the interview days.

Your help and replies would be GREATLY appreciated! thanks!!

God bless :ok:

HCC
18th Dec 2009, 07:05
CONGRATULATIONS Albom I am happy for you...and now is the next step "CandidatePortal", medicals...and so on.

Good Luck and see you there soon.:D

flyse
18th Dec 2009, 07:20
First of all Congratulations to everyone who got the call and to those who are still waiting, there is always a hope, like the stories of other ppruners, they got the call 7-8 weeks after their interview..:ok:

I'd like to get the opinion of Mari, Locally hired cabin crews or others who might help me with my dilemma. Just yesterday, EK advised me to resign in my company and have my current company cancel my working visa as soon as possible for EK to go ahead and process my working visa with them. What's bothering me now is the ban, my company might impose on me, for I only worked with them less than a year and they paid everything for me to come here in Dubai. I don't mind if I pay my company the expenses they've incurred, but it's the ban that the gov't or my company might automatically put on me..:bored: Does anyone know, since Emirates is partially owned by the Dubai government, if it's a free zone and that Emirates can help me with the ban and I should not worry about it or EK don't want to get involved with this ban thing and I should work this out with my current company? You see I'm scared to contact the recruiter and ask them about the ban, though I've been bugging them for the last couple of weeks calling almost daily about my progress and now that they've asked me to resign, I don't know what to do..:ugh:.

If my company finally cancel my visa and EK in the end doesn't want to get involved with a banned candidate then I'd be left with NOTHING.:\

Please help, should I even be worrying about this or I'm just putting myself in too much stress?:confused:

MingDC
18th Dec 2009, 10:25
Hi Everyone!

I am working here in DXB for less than a year. Would EK be needing NOC from my previous employer? What will I do if my previous employer will not give NOC? :confused:

lada
18th Dec 2009, 11:39
Hello, can I ask you how you got through the line? I have missed call as well but it is imposible for me to contact them there is always voice machine. I am really sad

highlowchime
18th Dec 2009, 19:15
They are not working today but from Sunday to Thursday from 7 00-15 30 LOCAL
That is the time when you can call them, but I would rather advise you not to call them,
they will get back to you, I got the call as well, I missed it, but for sure we are gonna get called back soon

sulemangohar70
19th Dec 2009, 05:38
hi wats up and if you are looking to join emirates the best thins is to send your CV online and photo full length-- I been working for Saudi Arabian air Lines-- If i anything I can do for you please let me know--Suleiman:)

sulemangohar70
19th Dec 2009, 05:48
well you can resign but you know you will be under ban for six months not to come to UAE when you got finish this period then you would be able to start working with EK rather you can approach to immigration department for conversion of work visa but the policy will remains same.Hope you would get through on board and hopefully EK is bes employer all overr th e world.Cheers

Hayati
19th Dec 2009, 09:34
Hi Guys,

Just had a quick read through all the posts. A very interesting and useful discussions and updates going on! Thank you all for the useful information.

I'm wanting to apply after I graduate in Architecture next June 2010. Can anyone give any further information about how often they recruit and what might be the best time for me to apply so (If im succesful) I can start working by Summer 2010?

Good luck to everyone who's applied and still awaiting.

Hope to hear a reply?

Thanks!

Afrina xx

pinkylicious
19th Dec 2009, 10:10
I'm still anxious for not being able to access into the candidate portal :(
i have been thinking if it's because although I have registered on the portal before, I haven't actually submitted online my application form.
I mean I have completed it only halfway and never clicked the "SUBMIT" button and I got selected only through the OD..after that I never even bothered to touch my application online, even after being kept on hold!
Do you guys think because I didnt submit the application I couldn't gain access?
It's also a stupid question because I'm already selected and they have my details lol!
What if I delete myself first from the system and then create a new profile with my email address which is my username to log in?
Or is it just Ek's internal IT problem and I have to just be patient?

Any help on this matter would be useful!

tiniviel
19th Dec 2009, 10:45
Pinkylicious you can't access it...and I still havent received a link to CAndidates portal... :)

Im worried Ill do m medicals and wont get VISA or ticket cause I didnt signed contract

flightie9
20th Dec 2009, 09:19
Hey guys. I did my FI on the 18th of october and have yet to have recieved either a phone call or rejection email. I was sent another psychometric test the other week which i completed and sent off and am still waiting anxiously on an answer. Im beginning to think they have forgotten about me. Does anyone know if they are still recruiting and when the final training schools are?

want_to_fly
20th Dec 2009, 09:44
Hey Flightie9

My friend who recently just got her contract Emirates told her that the last batch is Feb 14th... But from the website, it looks like they're having AD's around January so there could be more batches after Feb.

And now another q's, I know someone here gave me a link to my q's but I can't seem to find it. How many days does an Assessment Day consist and what process will one have to go through?

Anyone here attending any AD's around Jan?

God bless and congrats to those who got the golden call!

HCC
20th Dec 2009, 11:10
When I had my AD it was on 26th oct and in that day we had :
_ group discussion (and after that 1st elimination)
_ english test (again elimination)
_ again group discussion (again elimination)
_ psychometric test

And 2nd day on 27th I had FI. That means 1 hour face to face with the recruiters witch question you.
So in my case took 2 dayes because I wasn't from there and 2nd day I had my flight to go back, but depend of how many candidates are. Can take more or less.
Good luck!!!!

yulimaga
20th Dec 2009, 15:40
Hi guys!
I would like to join u in this forum :O. I had my FI on the 18th of November in Milan. And I'm still waiting for the result. Meanwhile they sent me a message about the grooming rools to be filled and resent. So I did.
Do you know what happens after? Does this document mean anything?
Who of you had a positive response after receiving such a message?
Thanks a lot.
P.S. Is there anybody who had the AD in Milan on 15th November? I'm the Russian one...:O

letb
20th Dec 2009, 18:12
I received the candidate's portal but i cannot log in! plus my reference number was different for the one i had before plus that they send me an e-mail saying my contract was overdue 6 days! but i never received anything before!
this is very weird and frustrating!
I don't know what do anymore :(

how about you? did u receive anything?

tiniviel
21st Dec 2009, 07:45
I still haven't received anything!! Ill write to the AGAIN later...ill give them few hours chance to send it to me... This is amazing... you are overdue... most probebly me too... Im doing medicals in few days, and maybe they think Im not interested...
:(((

yulimaga
21st Dec 2009, 09:27
This is what I saw at my account: You will be contacted by your recruitment coordinator at the earliest I haven't open my account since I had the AD, I was patiently waiting... I haven't seen other phrases or whatever. A friend of mine who had the same AD in Milan can access his account and he didn't see any strange phrases at all, it works normally.
Do you think it's ok? I'm a little bit nevouse about this phrase, I saw smb says that they will contact you after, but is it sure?

Corict
21st Dec 2009, 11:06
I cant access my profile since last tuesday and I have the same sentence - You will be contacted.... I hope it is a good sign...

emirateshopefully
21st Dec 2009, 12:18
:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

I have the same message on my account page, for about a week now, I am attached to my phone constantly:\.
I am really hoping they call, what with christmas, I am going to Japan, and I don't think I will have any reception on my phone. Is anyone thinking of calling them? I personally think it is better not to, but who knows. If I do get the golden call I think it will be the longest thing I have ever waited for and really wanted. Patience Patience.

eyemkate
21st Dec 2009, 13:01
:ok:i got the same sentence
its been a week so far
i hope they will call soon ;)

Corict
21st Dec 2009, 14:32
A few of us have got the sentence about a week now, lets wait what will happen. :) I dont remember being so close to my phone as I am now. :))

highlowchime
21st Dec 2009, 15:24
I had the same and they did call me last week, however I could not answer the phone,cause the battery was low, then they did not call me back, I think they are on holiday or something, cause they are not answering the phones

shez
21st Dec 2009, 17:00
They are not on holiday because i am communicating with my co ordinator everyday just be patient because they are handling a lot of candidates .For all those who cant access the account its a good sign thats what happened to me and after 3 days i got the call:ok:.

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting and keep the faith and dont forget to pray

bks
22nd Dec 2009, 07:44
Hey everyone i appled to Emirates and got through to the assessment in London on the 23rd of November. I made it to the final 9 out of 70 or more people. On the 24th of November i have my final interview and on the 27th of November i handed in all my paper work information, photos etc that they wanted.

On the 21st of December I GOT THE CALL from Dubai. Im so excited. My Date Of Joining DOJ is on the 25th of January only 4 weeks away. And my Training date starts on the 4th of February. I just need to sort my medical etc. I will be on the Main Fleet :-D

Did anyone else from London hear anything?

And is anyone else on the same training course or arriving the same day. Im so nervous but excited too. The lady on the phone said i did really well considering the thousands of applicants that apply. She was really nice.

For those waiting i guess it differs with time and when they get back to you. Looking at the dates i put above i think mine was quite quick compared to some. My feeling is that most of those who made the final interview and sent pictures to Dubai etc will have made it. Good Luck to everyone. Im so excited about 2010.

emirateshopefully
22nd Dec 2009, 08:35
:ok: Well done for your call London! What time did they call you this morning? I bet you are super excited:D
Fingers crossed for everyone else waiting, including myself:O

emirateshopefully
22nd Dec 2009, 08:37
HiLowChimes,

Did you hear anything back yet?:rolleyes:

aishney
22nd Dec 2009, 08:49
Hi BKS..

i got the same join in date as you, training will start on the 4th..
i just submitted my medical report yesterday and now waiting for them to give me clearance for resignation...
its another 4 weeks to go..
its seems so short to prepare everything..:ooh:

yulimaga
22nd Dec 2009, 09:31
Hi everybody!!!
I can't keep it any more... I HAD THE GOLDEN CALL!!!! :O:O:O
Yesterday at about midday a very nice girl called me. For those who wanted to know it the call was from the Emirates number, the code is 00971...
I'm veryyyyy much excited !!!! But now I'm more worried then before: the e-mail with the portal access is not coming and I would like to start my medicals as we are in the Xmas period and I can have problems with the doctors.... Who can send me the forms for the medicals? Please!!!:O
My DOJ would be 8th February, I have some time to prepare, but it's passing....
I had the grooming message exactly one week before and my career site access was blocked. So then they called me.

Corict
22nd Dec 2009, 10:19
Guys!!! I just got the call!! :D So excited. Leaving 25. January.
All those you are waiting, you will get it, too! Just be patient. But I know how hard it is.. :) Still cant believe it.

yulimaga
22nd Dec 2009, 10:26
Congratulations for your Golden Call!!
And paitience for the others!!! Don't worry! In any case you all are great and you will be succesful in your life!!!

aishney
22nd Dec 2009, 11:04
hi yuli,

i got the medical form if you wan to have it.
send me your email address and i send the form to you.

try to check your SPAM in your email cos i experience the same thing the other day, keep waiting and even call them but in the end, actually i already receivec it in my SPAM which i mislook :ugh:

bibos
22nd Dec 2009, 14:35
hey all
am from lebanon and i did the FI on the 26 th of november but still didnt get any thing yet...am afraid something might be missing or am not accepted ...what am i supposed to do at this situation?
am now more confused after i noticed most of who did the FI got their calls ysterday or the day before...
now am ddesperately waiting but still a bit afraid of gettin nothing !
best regards and congrats to those who got the GOLDEN call :ok:

Corict
22nd Dec 2009, 17:35
Bibos dont worry, i had my final 18th Nov. There is still plenty of time for you to get the call. :)

Gucci77
23rd Dec 2009, 05:16
I have applied to re join EK this month, but have not heard back from them as yet.

Anybody knows the process.? i know there are courses in January, is there any more courses planned following months?

Thanks!

MingDC
23rd Dec 2009, 06:23
just had my FI today. I was sooooo nervous...I wasn't satisfied with my answers. So, if it's meant for me, GOOD! if it's not, I just got to MOVE ON.

Congratulations to those who got the GOLDEN CALL and GOODLUCK to those who are waiting.

flyse
23rd Dec 2009, 06:30
I called HR 3 days ago and they said that I can resign... Emirates is wholly owned by the government so need to worry about the ban!:D Soooooo ecstatic!:}
So don't fret Local recruits! :E

Congratulations to everyone who got the golden call!:ok:

omaaa
23rd Dec 2009, 08:49
hi, my friends been called up for an interview in January in London, anyone else called in for that date in london?

yulimaga
23rd Dec 2009, 11:53
Who knows what the BITEWINGS is? :ugh: I'm not a native speaker, so they explained me here in Italy that it is a series of radiographs made fore singular teeth. So plenty of Rx. Is it like this? Maybe somebody who already made the medicals can help me? Thanks
P.S. If it is what I told, how many exposures do they want?

pri221084
23rd Dec 2009, 13:05
Bitewing X-rays show the upper and lower back teeth and how the teeth touch each other in a single view. These X-rays are used to check for decay between the teeth and to show how well the upper and lower teeth line up. They also show bone loss when severe gum disease or a dental infection is present.

My dentist took 2 xrays. One for the left side and one for the right side of the mouth. They are small xray films unlike the chest and OPG xrays.

Hope that helps!

Corict
23rd Dec 2009, 13:17
Nothing to worry. My friend who was on the same day on FI got the call a couple of days before me.. :rolleyes:

bibos
23rd Dec 2009, 13:45
:ok:ohh thank you now i feel a bit better ....and another question ..how can i check my application online ? and at my final interview they asked me to give them another refrences by email...can i know to which email should i send ? i already sent it 3 wks ago but wanna make sure of it ..thnks a lot !

I CANT ACCESS MY ONLINE PROFILE AT EMIRATES ITS ALWAYS WRITING THAT I WILL BE CONTACTED BY MY RECRUITING COORDINATOR AT THE EARLIEST :s :ooh:
CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHT DOES THAT MEAN ?

Corict
23rd Dec 2009, 17:52
Bibos, thats a good sign. Just relax and have your phone on. :ok:

Everybody who had this sentence got a call. Or at least nobody said he or she was unsuccessful after having that sentence and being not able to log on their profiles. I had the sentence too, and after a week got the call. Just look at previous posts on this chat, you will see yourself. :)

EKfly23
24th Dec 2009, 06:03
Hi, I'm not sure if anybody has posted this or not yet, but thought you all should know.

Emirates has a new policy that Cabin Crew are not allowed to bid for trips or swap trips until 6 months from the completion of their training. They also will only be assigned turnaround trips during those 6 months unless the company needs them to operate a layover trip due to short staffing. This is first-hand knowledge. Not very pleasant.

Fly25
24th Dec 2009, 12:53
Hello guys, is anyone joining EK on 8th of February??? Let me know, thank you :-));)

tiniviel
24th Dec 2009, 16:29
Did you guys received a link to CANDIDATES PORTAL and were you able to access it normally?

proud mum
24th Dec 2009, 16:36
Hi Guys , Well it was exactly 1 year ago tonight xmas eve, about this exact time my daughter got her golden call so i hope santa will be good to those waiting, good luck & merry xmas xxx

Corict
24th Dec 2009, 17:10
I think you can use your old login name and password. :)

yulimaga
25th Dec 2009, 11:26
Merry christmas to everybody! I wish you to have your golden calls as soon as possible and not to be dissapointed if you won't have them... Good Luck to everybody!

jaye
25th Dec 2009, 16:38
Can I ask a stupid question? Why do people hate turnarounds so much? I mean I know that obviously travelling and seeing the world is a huge part of why people want the job, but when you're living in Dubai anyway, its not like it would be really horrible to be staying at home for the first 6 months lol x

Corict
25th Dec 2009, 17:45
I agree Jaye. At least you have time to explore Dubai and settle down... :)

yani55
26th Dec 2009, 06:06
Hello everybody!
Please I have a question.My friend like to enjoy the assessment day hier in Egypt,Cairo and hi applied already,but should hi wait for invitation or hi can join the interview directly?And if you know where they are making the assessment day,in which hotel I mean ?Many thanks!

lucy21
26th Dec 2009, 09:46
Hey guys, I'm out here now and having a ball, just in response to the previous post about solid turnarounds and no layovers;
- you can't bid from your DOJ (the day you arrive in Dubai) up to 6 months later and you can't swap in this time either
- we checked with our induction officers here and they basically told us they're trying to make the system more fair so as a result we will get 1-2 layovers per month and the rest turnarounds for the first 6 months, after that we will be able to bid etc as normal.

Hope that helps!

yulimaga
26th Dec 2009, 15:14
My DOJ is also the 8th of February from Rome.

Kristian.b
26th Dec 2009, 19:25
Hi how are you? i just hve a question for you!
sorry can you please tell me where on the website says:the recruitmentofficer will be in contact with you soon, because i checked my accunt and it does not say anything i guess :-(

yulimaga
26th Dec 2009, 19:58
Hi, Have you had your assesment day in Milan on the 15th of November? I did. And I passed.
About the portal now: when you try to open it with your nick (e-mail) and your password, then both disappear and you can see the sentence and two empty boxes for nick and pass as if it was wrong... That is a good sign! Did you have the grooming form?

Lucy.R
27th Dec 2009, 09:20
What this it that grooming form? And when you attended an open day did you have a math test? Thanks a lot

Madelie
27th Dec 2009, 10:05
Has anyone been invited to the Assessment Day in London on 14th January? I have registered a few days ago, but haven’t received any answer yet :(.

yulimaga
27th Dec 2009, 11:37
They sent to the most of us a document where the contract regulations about uniform, total image and restrictions about it were described, such as tattoos, hair style, piercing, jewellery and others. It was necessary to sign, scan and send it back. Normally I saw that they send it to those to be selected. But I don't know for sure. Good Luck!

aishney
27th Dec 2009, 16:07
hi yulimaga,

no wonder i didnt receive any of those grooming form cos i signed it on my final interview:eek: i've been waiting and wondering why everyone receive it while i didnt get anything..

i got my resignation clearance today :ok:

many many things to read up for the induction:ugh:

6 months turnarounds with a few layovers...
............................................................ ..................
cant even bid or swap flight....
meaning there wont be any chance to be home for the first 6 months in dubai...
its gona be serious homesick i guess :{

yulimaga
27th Dec 2009, 17:20
I see, I don't know why, the selection process can differ, somebody had the maths test, here we hadn't. But normally, I saw, people have those grooming standards.

Lucy.R
27th Dec 2009, 18:03
I was asking about math test because someone in the previous post wrote about it. That guy wrote he had math and something like IQ test as well.

Corict
27th Dec 2009, 18:35
There is nothing like a real math test. Only a few questions relating to your IQ or just ability to think. :) Nothing to worry about.

Corict
27th Dec 2009, 18:47
By the way, I didnt get any grooming form either..

overthere
28th Dec 2009, 11:18
Happy New Year Everybody and lot's of golden calls in 2010!;)

JJL
28th Dec 2009, 12:22
I just saw on my account that I am not shortlisted for the AD in London at 14th of january.

Are there more people who are not shortlisted? I am now thinking of going to the OD in Madrid.

Is there someone more that applied for the OD in Madrid? Because I am not sure if I will go, because when they call you for the next stage you are obliged to attend another day that week and I do not live in Madrid. And I have to book a hotel but for how many days?

Sydneybloggs
28th Dec 2009, 12:36
Hi,

How do you know that you have not been shortlisted for the 14th? Does it tell you on the EK site? I applied on the 14th of December and still no reply :(
I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed though.
Good luck.xx

JJL
28th Dec 2009, 12:49
Hi

I was looking on the site just half an hour ago and I saw it under My Applications.

The first couple of days it only said Applied, and after that I could not update my Application the link dissapeared.

And now it says with big letters NOT SHORTLISTED... Hihihih...!!!

When did you applied? Maybe it has something to do with I do not live in the UK and they have to much applicants from the UK they do not need other applicants.

Sydneybloggs
28th Dec 2009, 12:53
Hi,

I applied on the 14th of December. Feel like I have been wating ages. Mine still says Application under review, I have applied for both the 7th and the 14th in London.
Good luck in Madrid.xxx

Madelie
29th Dec 2009, 10:30
My application status is not even "Application under review", but just "Applied" :(.

JJL
29th Dec 2009, 11:59
Well mine did not even say Application Under Review. It just said Apllied all the time, and I could not update my application. And then yesterday the big sign of not shortlisted came instead of applied.

Is this your first attempt to get a job with EK?

I just applied for the OD in Madrid. Hopefully I have more luck when I can show myself to the recruiters. Hihihi...

But no I have to book a hotel for in Madrid. How many days should you suggest? Because I do not want to miss the oppurtunity when I am invited for the next stage of the recruitment. The OD is held at a saturday. Will they invite people back at sunday or only at the weekdays?

bibos
29th Dec 2009, 16:45
hey all
i got my acceptance after my final interview ..they took 16 from lebanon but one thing i didnt know is that they kept 4 including me without a day of joining ...any one knows why ?:oh:

vespaet3
29th Dec 2009, 19:28
Well congratulations! That's great!

Maybe they are saving you for the next a380 intake? Just speculating :)

Does anyone know if any a380 intakes are scheduled for the new year?

Sydneybloggs
30th Dec 2009, 08:30
Hiya,

I applied in september and heard nothing back then. I wish they would just let you know either way. Still waiting for an invite.
Well done Bibos that's fantastic news. Fingers and toe's crossed for the rest of us.
XxXxX

bks
30th Dec 2009, 09:56
Hey everyone well done on getting that golden call.

Is there anyone else from London who got through?
I remember only 7 of us made it to the final interview out of 80 people, i wonder if they got the job too.

Just getting all my medical things done its a lot to do in such a short time.

I read a few posts/rumors regarding new crew doing just turn around i asked a friend at Emirates and someone else on cabincrew.com i got told:

"there is a rumour going around that new starts will only be doing turnarounds for the first 6 months, but the company have confirmed that this is only a rumour and that you will be doing a mix of turnarounds, medium haul and long haul like everyone else so don't worry! Erm.... as far as i'm aware you can swap flights right from the start and don't have to wait till your probation is finished but i'm not 100% sure about that one"

Hope thats true because im sure many of us from around the world don't want to move to Dubai to start a new life and end up doing turn flights for 6 months. That would be tough.

Hope everyones well and a Happy New Year to everyone, can't wait for 2010 and the 25th. :-)

aishney
30th Dec 2009, 11:29
I didnt do any math test on my interview but heard some of the people wrote in the forum that they were did math test, IQ test was very easy only,
some thing like which of this were not related to each other,
a)Cow
b)Table
c)Goat

:8 not to worry too much..

yulimaga
30th Dec 2009, 11:32
Hi, I'm going from Rome on the 8th of February. And my training starts on the 18th.
You can access the portal with the password you already have. then you should download the medicals and fill in the forms about the security and joiner's info. Not so difficult.
As for me now I have a problem with the portal, I can't appload the photos for the security...the link doesn't work.:ugh: Does anybody have the same problem or had it?

aysha
31st Dec 2009, 13:15
I've just got an invite for the AD in London on the 14th of Jan. :) The email says interviews will be held on the 15th and 18th.
Congrats to everyone who got the golden call.

flightie9
1st Jan 2010, 03:01
Hey everyone,

happy new year to you all. Congratulations to those of you who have recieved the golden call and best of luck to those of you still waiting. I recently was sent the image and grooming standards form which i had to sign and send so am still in the waiting game. I have a couple of questions if anyone is able to help.

How much roughly to the medicals cost? and are we able to push our DOJ forward to a later date and if so how long?

bibos
1st Jan 2010, 12:12
happy new year every one ...
i have the same proble i uploaded 6 papers but cant do the rest ..i dont know why !! if any one knows plz say ..

i have a question ... am i supposed to do all the vaccination before going to dubai or jst give them here the list that ive done and then do the rest when i go there? am stuck with time and i have notime to do 7 vaccinations !
thnks a lot :oh:

kanefinest
1st Jan 2010, 21:08
The medicals will cost you AED 400. 1 US$ = AED 3.66
and no you cant forward your DOJ.
Congrtulations and Welcome to Dubai in advance.

vespaet3
2nd Jan 2010, 02:06
I did push my DOJ back last year before the recruitment freeze. My recruitment coordinator let me move it back about 6 weeks, but did say your DOJ has to be within 6 months of your final interview date, otherwise you have to reapply from the start again.

flightie9
2nd Jan 2010, 03:00
hey vespeat3,

thanks for the feedback. I am yet to have recieved either the golden call or rejection email. I did my FI on the 18th of october 09. i got sent a second personally test a few weeks ago then recieved the image and grooming standards form last week which i signed and sent off. I travel to europe for two weeks on the 12th of january so im stressing they may call before hand and expect me to get the medicals done and i wont have enough time. this whole waiting game is a killer! so yeh hopefully if i am lucky enough and recieved the golden call they will allow me sufficient time to get my medicals done. fingers crossed, i am so hopeful and excited about possibly getting the position. just have to wait and see...........:hmm::hmm:

vespaet3
2nd Jan 2010, 10:00
I think you will be fine :)

If the 6 month rule from FI still applies then you still have time, and you can just let the recruiters know you need a little more time when they call - just ask for a later date. It's worth a try anyway.
I don't think they would have sent you another grooming form if they weren't intending to hire you :)

Aurora-Beti
3rd Jan 2010, 10:15
Hey guys,

Does any one know by any chance when will be next course starting. We all know that lats known DOJ is on the 8th February. What's next?
What if you received your golden call not enough time before to get ready with your medicals and hand the 4 week notice in?
And next question - how long does it take to have your medicals done?

Thanks for answers :)

bibos
3rd Jan 2010, 12:18
the medicals need 3-4 days :ok:

yulimaga
3rd Jan 2010, 12:23
Hi, this is 'cos you are lucky! :} The medicals depend on the country you live in... I started on the 23d Dec and I'm still waiting for the results ...:(

aishney
4th Jan 2010, 05:39
hey yuli,

wow.. your medical took really long in fact,
mine was done within 5 days..
but someone said it cost about AED 400 but mine was AED 1300..
goshh.. what a big difference...

i did all my vaccination within 4 days..
2 shots per arm per day.. plus the blood test.. it really kills me that week..

Aurora-Beti
4th Jan 2010, 08:18
Please can you tell me what kind of medicals do you have to do?

Thanks

overthere
4th Jan 2010, 11:21
Any news for those who are still waiting? Any golden calls or e-mails? Thanks

pinkylicious
4th Jan 2010, 16:00
Hi guys!

Exactly two more weeks for my DOJ which is 18th jan and I got the email approving my medicals today!
So happy and jubilant about it!
Got to admit HR was pretty fast, because I got the approval in like 4 days...
Will be getting e-ticket and visa 1 week prior to DOJ and I can't rest until I set my eyes on it!
This time there is a kind of pre-course workbook to study before starting training so I'm going to have a good read before I leave for Dubai...
Will update everyone on my situ!
By the way, anyone flying out on the 18th?
it's good to familiarize oneself with fellow batch mates!

east coast girl
4th Jan 2010, 16:15
hey everyone, i have gone through the first round of interview last feb and passed into the second. but then they stoped recruitment. which was restarted later on and others who were waiting got a call. but not me. and seems they are not comming to usa at all. anyone know why?
thanks

vespaet3
4th Jan 2010, 19:53
Pinky that's great :) keep us updated!

East Coast Girl, did you do the final interview and were offered a position and a DOJ beforethe recruitment freeze? Those of us who were in that situation have had to attend another final interview more recently. The recruitment still isn't as fast paced as it was this time last year. Maybe they will go to the US soon?

pinktray
4th Jan 2010, 20:27
Hi guys,

could anyone tell whats the average waiting time for emirates, from the Final interview date until the DOJ?

I wonder if it can take as long as Etihad, up to 1 year!

Many thanks!!!

overthere
6th Jan 2010, 09:47
Any more news anyone? Golden calls or e-mails? I am interested cause I've been waiting already for ages :ugh:Good luck to all of you!

akosimachineman
6th Jan 2010, 16:06
Yep - all Emirates Cabin Crew have to relocate to Dubai on commencement of the contract.

When you get there they take you to your apartment which you share with 1 or 2 other employees.

Then you have about 6 weeks of intensive training at a school before you go on any flights... once this is done you then get your roster and away you go!

You get really good pay - all tax free $$ - and an allowance for things for "grooming".

When you have annual leave you get a return flight to the city of your choice and if you want other flights at any time you get 80% off! You have stop-overs in some great cities and when you're there you stay at the Sheraton and get all your drycleaning, meals, transport etc paid for...

yulimaga
6th Jan 2010, 19:25
Hi everybody!
I wonder if there was anybody who was called without a grooming form? Or everybody who had a golden call was first contacted to sign that form? What is the statistics? I have a friend who is still waiting but didn't have the uniform form....

Corict
6th Jan 2010, 20:36
Hi, I didnt get the uniform form at all. But got the call..

bibos
7th Jan 2010, 12:19
Hi,anybody knows how much time does it take to get a reply after submitting the medicals online ?
i am waiting from 4 days ...seriously this waiting thing is killing me :ugh:

Aurora-Beti
7th Jan 2010, 21:04
Any other DOJ after 8th February?
Anyone knows?

Ana84
7th Jan 2010, 22:31
Hey there! My DOJ is 08.02. :)

vespaet3
7th Jan 2010, 22:52
Hi, did you receive the call recently? Seems there haven't been any calls for a while. I hope I'm wrong. I've been waiting over 6 weeks.

yulimaga
7th Jan 2010, 22:52
I have the same DOJ is also the 8th of February, congratulations.:D:D:D

Mari
7th Jan 2010, 23:33
For your information (Read back: discussions about the new "rules" of the ab-initio training)

I checked the rosters of 9-10 new joiners in the system. They start flying around the 12th. They have 4-5-6-7 turnarounds and one or two layovers in January. (Let's say, half of them had only 1, the rest 2.)

Just for the record: no swapping, no bidding during probation. (Which is six months from the date of joining.)

(I found someone who had 3 layovers and only 1 turnaround. Maybe she is re-joiner or not ab-initio or I don't know...)

- Gossip: I was told that some of them were pretty upset hearing the "news" about the turnarounds. By the way they got the info from pprune or a friend who reads pprune. -

Someone previously asked why people don't like turnarounds. Well, one of the reasons is the money. I mean, the lack of it... No Meal Allowances.

My friend was put in the A380 fleet. She starts flying in a week. She has 2 Souls (apr. 150 USD each) and 1 two-day-Toronto (220 CAD) in January. (They start Jeddah on the 380 in February.)

She said that they didn't have a choice but the people from the Main Fleet courses could swap for the A380. People from the A380 course were not allowed to go to the Main Fleet course.

There will be opportunities in the future to be tranfered to the 380 fleet if you want. However, if you are 380 trained, you must stay in this fleet for minimum 2 years.

The graduation (and confirmation of your 3-year-contract) will be at the end of your probation. I don't recommend to have any "attitude problem" or absent days or many sick days because you will be let go.

flightie9
8th Jan 2010, 04:48
For any of you still waiting theres hope. My FI was on the 18th of OCT and I recieved the golden call on wednesday. They wanted my DOJ to be the 8 of feb but am just about to go overseas for two weeks leaving tuesday so wouldnt have had time to have gotten all the medicals done before I left. The recruitment officer I spoke to was really nice and said that i could push my start date back. She said that it hasnt been confirmed when the next set of training will be held because the last confirmed was for those joining on the 8th of feb. So yeh she said that as soon as she gets confirmation on when the next training will be on she will be in contact with me to organise my DOJ. AM SO VERY EXCITED!

overthere
8th Jan 2010, 06:14
That's great news Guys. I have been waiting for over 8 weeks already, but I want to think that it is only a matter of setting new courses dates untill I am contacted. Good luck to all of us waiting!

bibos
8th Jan 2010, 06:58
well i think you should call them , i waited for 5 weeks and then i called and the woman told me she was trying to call me from abt 3 weeks ,, so give it a try
my DOJ is ALSO on the 8th of feb and training starts on the 18th,iam still waiting for them to check my medicals ,good luck every one :ok:

bibos
8th Jan 2010, 07:49
you have to finish ur medicals on time..it only take like 3 days and not more..because i have some new telling the last training batch will be on the 18th of february,and then recruitment might freeze again ( only some news ) and hopefully if i got the reply for my medicals then See YOu in dubai :ok:

flyse
8th Jan 2010, 10:56
First of all, Happy new year to everyone and congratulations again tto the people who got the call! Way to go! :ok:For some who haven't gotten the call yet, just keep the faith...You'll get the call soon!

@pinkylicious - My flight is on the 19th, but my training is on the 21st, I think, hehe.. When will be your training? Hope to see you there!:)

@Mari - Thank you so much for the valuable information you shared, I wonder how we will know if we are on for the main fleet or the A380, my HR coordinator has not discussed to me anything about it, does it mean I'm on for the main fleet? How do they assign people for the A380? Thanks so much in advance for answering my queries.;)

honeydarling
8th Jan 2010, 12:51
Hey!

Congratulations to everyone that got the call. Anyone got the 18th Jan as the DOJ? Just over a week to go now......EXCITING!!!! xx

Ana84
8th Jan 2010, 17:29
Well, i think they called me after 17-18 days

Mari
9th Jan 2010, 09:14
I'm quite confused about what you wrote...

There are no Open Days in February in Greece. Actually, no data on the Emirates homepage about OD-s or AD-s in Feburary.

Is it some agency? Anyways, it doesn't matter. You can drop your CV - whatever it is - it doesn't hurt. If they said between 9 and 5, it means: between 9 and 5 any time.

If you were NOT shorlisted before, you can attend any open days. (Theoritically you should wait 6 months, though but who cares?) I don't think they registered those people anyewhere. If you do the assessment (starting with the group discussions), you are in the system for sure and you must wait 6 months till your second chance. Is it clear?

I'm sure that there will be other opportunities for you in 2010, just be patient.

If you go for an OD, forget about your online application. It doesnt't mean anything. Just take your cv and walk in.

Online application is important IF you register for an Assessment Day somewhere. Never register in advance, wait for the appropriate AD and register some time before.

If there are no ODs or ADs (because Emirates stops recruitment temporarly) or CV drop-off in Dubai, do not bother filling up the online registration form. Nobody will look at it, nobody will contact you if there is no recruitment.

scotsman83
9th Jan 2010, 22:41
Hey Ladies and Gents,

Well i haven't been on this forum for a while...got an unsuccessful email over 6weeks after my FI on 30th September. Anyway i got a little bit of good news a few days ago in the form of an email from emirates...they said after review they have decided that i can reapply after 6months instead of 1 year as had been previously stated in the unsuccessful email i had received. I can only look on this in a positive way i guess....but i was just curious to know if anyone else has had this after being rejected previously??

obrkcj
9th Jan 2010, 23:50
Will Emirates, or any middle east airlines for that matter hire me if i have a history of Pulmonary tuberculosis? My chest xray would naturally reveal a HEALED scar... Anybody with similar experience? Please enlighten me. Or do they accept a waiver that im fit to work and completely treated way way back.

highlowchime
10th Jan 2010, 00:25
If there is scarring seen on the Chest X-ray from a previously treated TBC, you are to fail to obtain visa to the U.A.E , unfortunately.

flightie9
10th Jan 2010, 08:27
Hi guys,

I recieved the golden call last wednesday and my DOJ was supposed to be the 8th of feb. However, I am going overseas for two and therefore ad to push my start date back. My recruitment officer told me that was fine but that it wasnt yet confirmed when the next training will be held and that in the meantime my file will be placed on hold. Does anyone have any update regarding when the next batch will be in training following the 8th of feb?

bibos
10th Jan 2010, 08:46
hello every one
i called emirates today to check wht might have happened with my medicals , they told me that they got the ok about the medicals but still didnt get the clearance for the documents of security or something like that !! :S i didnt get her well but
does any one know wht might this be ? or any clue about it ? :bored:
they got me reallly confused again !

Aurora-Beti
10th Jan 2010, 09:23
Hi Flightie,
I'min the same situation, got the call too late to do medicals and hand notice in, so I'm on hold now. I just hope it won't take more than couple of weeks for next courses to start. If I have any update on topic I'll keep you informed. Fingers crossed it won't be long for us to meet in Dubai.

Aloha :)

yulimaga
10th Jan 2010, 13:10
TB
Unacceptable:
-Untreated or active Tuberculosis ( if there is scarring seen on a chest X-Ray from previously treated or active TB)
-Cases of inactive TB diagnosed by positive skin test, with normal chest X-Ray, require 6 months of drug treatment as per WHO protocol. You need a medical certificate that treatment has been completed

obrkcj
10th Jan 2010, 13:21
@ yulimaga: Can you post the link so I can read the complete data.

Cases of latent (inactive) TB diagnosed by positive skin test, with normal chest X-Ray, require 6 months of drug treatment as per WHO protocol. Emirates will accept once a medical certificate is provided certifying that treatment has been completed > So i still have a chance...:confused:

The statement is rather vauge saying any past history is not allowed but then they are willing to accept if with medical certificate. :(

yulimaga
10th Jan 2010, 13:36
I can't give you the link as it is personal data. That is all in breif they say about the problem. I'm sorry I cannot add anything.... But still try!!! It is worth trying, In any case you can ask it during the Open Day.

king_to_noh
10th Jan 2010, 15:23
Hi guys, Im new in here.

Just wanna ask something, I'm 20y/o now, turning 21 on August and the Global Assessment day of EK here in the Philippines is on the 13th and 14th of February. Can I actually join that GA day? Thanks..

TC:O

aysha
10th Jan 2010, 20:05
I'm going to the AD on the 14th in London. Anyone else from here going? Im driving from Preston, hoping the weathers going to be ok. Can't find a cheap place to stay nearby thats clean! Has anyone found anywhere?

There must be training dates after the 8th Feb as they're still recruiting and theres lots of people waiting to hear.

Anyway Good Luck everyone, I defo need it!

JJL
11th Jan 2010, 10:14
Hi! Who is going to the OD in Madrid on the 30th of january?

I am planning to go, but I was wondering who is attending also? And how many people I can expect at the OD? Hundreds?

alsch
11th Jan 2010, 11:04
Hi there,
I would like to know, how do you know whether you are a380 crew or normal crew? can you choose yourself? I would not like to be restricted to just the a380 routes.

bibos
11th Jan 2010, 11:27
well as ive seen in other posts some were chosen to join A380 , and in case you are you'll get a Message telling you about it thats for sure !

Ana84
11th Jan 2010, 11:46
That's right, they sent me an email saying that i'm chosen for a380.

king_to_noh
11th Jan 2010, 13:15
Hi, I'm a wannabe cabin crew, and I just wanna ask if I will get accepted even if Im 20 now but I will be turning 21on August.Thank you very much.

king_to_noh:)

alsch
11th Jan 2010, 17:02
so you dont think you would get a choice whether to be a380 or non a380 crew? i dont think i would like to be stuck on the a380 routes all the time!

shez
11th Jan 2010, 18:50
So does it mean that if they didnt inform you ,it means automatically you will be joining the main fleet or what.

Anyone with 4 Feb as DOJ

mellymoo
11th Jan 2010, 19:37
has anyone from ever done a rejoiners application for Emirates??

NAVYBAR09
11th Jan 2010, 21:11
hey ive just finished my application form and imabout to send it off to emirates. Can anyone give me any infomation for how long it takes from when you send your application before you hear anything and when the open days will most probably be. Is it to late for me to put an application in or are there open days throughout the year. Also is there any preference for the photo that you need to include with your application. Thanks any info is appreciated

Ana84
11th Jan 2010, 21:36
I guess they decide! They didn't ask me to choose. Plenty of destinations will be added over the coming year, so you won't be stuck if they choose you for a380. ;)

Aurora-Beti
12th Jan 2010, 08:11
Hey there,

I just received my 2nd Golden Call :)
Any one with DOJ 22nd February??

bibos
12th Jan 2010, 13:57
That's great congrats ..now you are the first to tell about the new joining date which is the 22nd of FEB..so we can still postpone our joining dates :ok:

jaye
12th Jan 2010, 14:06
I think you will be able to postpone your doj as far back as you need to. They've put AD/OD up for february now so obviously they arent planning to freeze recruitment again anytime soon, and must have a lot more training dates planned already.

pinkylicious
12th Jan 2010, 17:36
Hi guys!!

Just to communicate to you all that I received my e-ticket and visa today..
Even though my DOJ is on 18th Jan, will be flying out on the 19th and landing in Dubai on the 20th at 6.00 am..
A small question: just to be sure, the itinerary on e-ticket is based on local time based on where you fly from right??
Also, I want to thank this wonderful forum and all the ppruners who have partaken in all discussions, given support to each other during recruitment freeze and built up hopes for the future..
You guys have all come through with me on this wonderful journey towards this dream called Emirates, and I wish everyone who are attending their ODs and ADS or Final Interviews, who are expecting their Golden Calls, who are awaiting clearance from medicals and other joining formalities, to never give up on their dream, as I have never given up after being selected and then put on hold twice, first for my age and then for the credit crunch!!
This has been a real challenge for me and believe it or not i've been fighting for this for 17 months!!
God is really Great!!
Well when I get to Dubai will update you all!!
Love, Arosha from Sri Lanka:)

Corict
12th Jan 2010, 19:47
That is wonderful. Congratulations Arosha. Enjoy the flight to Dubai and we might meet there soon. A long journey you have travelled to get this. :)

vespaet3
12th Jan 2010, 21:30
I'm so pleased for you! Such a long wait.

Over 7 weeks for me now... Still waiting for that call.

vespaet3
13th Jan 2010, 03:17
I just received the Golden Call! 7 weeks and 2 days after my final interview - exactly the same wait as my last call! Woohoo!

I was offered joining dates of the mid or end of March :)

Anyone else joining on the 29th March?

easyman82
13th Jan 2010, 04:53
Oh my god, you ve waited for 7 weeks to get the golden call.. Now 3 weeks since I did my FI, Im wondering if I have to wait one more month to get an answer. god give me patience.

Aurora-Beti
13th Jan 2010, 17:37
Does anyone know what's the cost of all medicals in UK?

And also, I can't open the link to access Medicals Examination Form. Any idea what to do?

papusa
13th Jan 2010, 21:54
Anyone joining on 28th of january?i had to change twice my doj cauze i got some trouble with the papers but finally i will get these days my visa cancellation then i will pass it to them to apply for my new visa.i have to exit dubai and go to doha(just for few hours).i will start the training on 4th of february.anybody got any news about accomodation?where is it in dubai?cant wait to join.good luck everyone!!!!

bibos
14th Jan 2010, 03:44
GOOD DAY EVERY ONE
AT LAST and after 2 months of waiting and working for this job , today i got the clearance for resignation ... i spent days and nights just worried if i will get the job or not..now after all it seems that it was all worth it ...thanks every one for supporting me through all this and wish the rest who are still waiting all the best of luck ..
AM SOO EXCITED :ok:

proud mum
14th Jan 2010, 09:07
These are some of the medicals costs from last year
1. Chest x ray & report £54.50 .
2.Vaccinations £58.25 some were done by local GP at no cost .
3 Private letter from GP reports on blood test & smear test £10
4 Dental x ray from orthodontist £20
5 Dental report and bite wings no charge as at time unemployed
6 1 audigragh £180 as we had to go private as nhs had waiting list of months.
Hopethis gives you a rough idea :-)

mizo
14th Jan 2010, 12:39
well iam really happy for all of you and i hope i will be the next onw who will have the golden call . still have long way but i used to think about the best ^^ .

i need some help and some information becouse i will have an interview soon , i got my AD invitation :)

i want to know whats the " FI " ?
what should i know and prepare to my interview ?
whats the psychomitrec test ? and how i can be ready for it ?
i want to know what should i do in every part of the initerview .

well thanks all and best wishs for all of you .

Mari
14th Jan 2010, 18:51
Read back.

vespaet3
14th Jan 2010, 19:07
Hey guys,

After the golden call, how long did it take for you to receive the email with the info about the online joiner's form?
PM me if that's easier...
Thanks in advance :)

FungusAmongUs
15th Jan 2010, 04:33
Hey there people,
First things first,i ve come up with the list of people who ve pulled it off and i want to congratulate them for getting their dream jobs.
1.Ama86
2.wannaworkupthere
3.flyse
4.LamontFlyer
5.Caledonia
6.aishney
7.tiniviel
8.HCC
9.pinkylicious
10.katie.82
11.shez
12.Albom
13.bks
14.yulimaga
15.Corict
16.Ana84
17.flightie9
18.Aurora-Beti
19.vespaet3

Now,i ve my assessment day on 27th of jan and i m interested in collecting as many questions which are asked in the final interview.since all of you ve pulled it off you must be knowing questions that were shot at you.could you please share those questions,in fact this info will be useful for all the EMIRATES wannabees.. so please, a small mail from your side will help us with leaps and bounds....
Thanks in anticipation

vespaet3
15th Jan 2010, 05:14
Hi there,

I think the hardest question for me was something like: tell me about an argument you had with a workmate and how did you resolve it?

Good luck at your assessment day :)

Does anyone know when staff travel benefits kick in for your spouse and what they are?

Please PM me if you know.

Mari
15th Jan 2010, 08:05
- unlimited id90 tickets
- unlimited flyzed tickets

Same for the kids. (No medical, no residence visa.)

If your spouse lives in Dubai, you have to move out from company accomodation. In this case, you will get living-out allowance and transportation allowance. It's around 45,000 dhs per year. You can take a furniture loan without interest - ask about it at the employee service center, they usually don't offer it but it exists.

For more information, go to groupworld (internal portal on the internet) and find the employee handbook and read the appropriate chapters.

If you have ANY questions during training, ask WHERE to find the information. The trainers don't know everything, it's more important to know where to go and what to do. Rules can change any time, check everything yourself and never ever forget to follow up!!! Keep yourself updated by READING your e-mails and updates on the Portal.

ALL INFORMATION YOU NEED IS PROVIDED on the Cabin Crew Portal or on Groupworld. You can find everything but most people have no idea how to read.

aishney
15th Jan 2010, 08:58
i think the first question which is a MUST question that they will ask,
share with them the most difficult customer you ever encounter...

HCC
15th Jan 2010, 09:12
They are asking questions from your previous jobs (if you are already a CA is simple because you already have some stories about nervos,drunk,or noisy pax). If you are not is not a problem because for sure you had some disagreement at work...
So they are tring to see how do you manage in dificult situations.
I am already a CA so my questions was like:
1) Tell me when a pax "Thanks to you".What did you do for him to "Thanks to you"
2)Explain a moment when you had a problem with a pax.What was the problem and how did you resolve it?
3)Tell me about an argument you had with a colleague and how did you resolve it?
4)Do you cut corners in your jub after a long day working?
5)Do you respect rules in your job if someone dosen't see you?
6)Tell me a moment from your life when you made a mistake. Why did you do it? How did you resolve it?
Something like this was my questions...but very important NOTE for FI...
- be relax, I know is hard,but try to DON'T move your leg,or scratch your nose often, or play with your fingers till you brake them....AND DON'T FORGET TO SMILEEEE.....
- try to give exact explination, don't cut the story because FI is the moment when you have to talk a lot...
- when you talk a lot explain "WHY" you done the mistake (but don't blame somebody else); WHAT you learnt from that...and that it was a good leason for you...
Show them the positive part from your mistakes...
And guys don't forget SMILE,SMILE,SMILE...
In the end this is our job to wellcome the pax with a SMILE...
GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Mari
15th Jan 2010, 09:42
Dear Fungus,

I noticed that you've been collecting interview questions since 24th October. I'm sure you have enough to work with by now. Other than that: google (cabin crew/flight attendant interview questions and answers).

You wrote that you had an interview with Qatar on 6th December. Well, the Emirates assessment is very similar to Qatar's: cv drop-off, group discussions, English test, psychometric test, final interview. It's a great achievement that you made it to the interview at Qatar without any customer service experience. Are you still waiting for the answer? (Could you please, share your experience with the other candidates in the Qatar topic - all information is highly appreciated as you know!)

Beside the customer service related questions, I had to come up with my 3 bad and 3 good qualities.

Good luck to you on the Emirates Open/Assessment Day!

rise-up
15th Jan 2010, 10:14
Hey guys,

I'm new to this site. Thanks to you guys, I have found the answers to most Questions I had....However, it's not too long that I've been reading through, and still have few questions I hav'nt found answers to.

Does EK consider experienced cabin crew on fast track, as in do they get promoted sooner?

Thanks for your inputs, much appreciated.

Mari
15th Jan 2010, 10:41
Dear Rise-up,

unfortunately, Emirates doesn't consider previous experience. You will get your upgrade based on your seniority, performance and attendance.

(However, Etihad Airlines considers your background. If you worked for NOT low-cost airline, you might start working in premium cabins right away. They consider your years when you apply for the Cabin Manager position when the aircraft type you flew on before and previous management role is more important.)

Although, there is a good chance that you will be put in the A380 fleet as you have a flying background. (The new 380 ab-initio groups are full of experienced cabin crew. The average age is also a little bit higher in these groups.)

If you work hard and you have an excellent attendance record, you can become SFS (a.k.a supervisor) after 3-4 years. You might become Purser after 6-8 years.

rise-up
15th Jan 2010, 11:08
Thanks Mari....you seem to be the person with most 'know-how' here...

Of EK; It's really sad they donnot consider previous experience for promotions, But, never the less, I think It's a great airline to be part of (correct me If I'm wrong) and as long as I enjoy It, I dont really mind starting from scratch. Besides, like you mentioned, It all depends on how much we give to it and how well we do...so no worries!

Thanks again Mari, not just for this reply, but for all the previous precise and relevant Information you've shared.

Etihad, yes. I'm keeping my options open and hoping the best for me... Will keep you'll updated.

Mari
15th Jan 2010, 11:29
Yes, maybe Etihad would be a better choice for you (if you're OK with living in Abu Dhabi and some things are different from EK) but it's sooo hard to get an invitation for an assessment day!!! I don't know what's going on... A lot of people got the "sorry" e-mail after completing the application form... I think you also need some luck to get invited for an AD with them. My friend waited 9 months to finally join Etihad but there are still peple who are waiting for the DOJ after receiving the Golden Call 6-12 months ago. Strange...

pinktray
15th Jan 2010, 11:37
...thats good to know. Thanks for sharing all this information, it´s really helpful!

I have sent you a PM :ok:

rise-up
15th Jan 2010, 11:45
Talking about the 'Sorry email', oh yes, I know of a really close friend and ex-colleague who recieved the same. She is perfect cabincrew material so ya indeed, strange!! On getting in touch with them, they first refused to give any feedback but later mentioned that it was because, they at the moment were looking at just certian language speakers.

I've heard about the lengthy waiting period too. But I guess things should start getting better now.

FungusAmongUs
15th Jan 2010, 12:02
Hey there,vespaet3,aishney ,HCC and MR. MARI
Thanks a lot for the information i m sure it ll help me.the reason why i m collecting these questions is because i ve no customer service experience and all the questions that you people ve posted moslty revolve around customer service problems..lets see what happens in the interview..again thanks a lot people..Hope to see you in DUBAI.

Mari
15th Jan 2010, 12:15
Did you pass the preliminary selection by the agency? How was it? Are you going to Delhi in January?

FungusAmongUs
15th Jan 2010, 13:04
NO pal,i still havent passed the priliminary because it hasnt happened as yet..they ve asked us to fill up the form which is on the career website and then according to that they ll call us for the priliminary which ll be conducted by FRANKFINN(its an organization which trains flight attendants) and after clearing the priliminary the group disscussion,english test and final interview happens.

Mari
15th Jan 2010, 13:36
I hope it's clear that knowing the interview questions won't help you to get shortlisted for the assessment and go under the initial screening process.

What you need at this stage is: good English, immaculate appearance, strong CV and customer service background. And luck.

FungusAmongUs
15th Jan 2010, 14:12
Yeah but there s nothing wrong in preparing for them in advance.i think i m pretty fine with english...as far as the appearance is concerned i dont think i can change them.strong resume is something i need to work upon and i dont think i can my change resume in 15 days time...so i guess i m left with the questions which are asked in the FI.

Mari
15th Jan 2010, 16:49
DEAR NEW-JOINERS!!!

PLEASE, DO NOT HESITATE TO WRITE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH EMIRATES.

IF YOU HAVE A DETAILED DESCRIPTION ABOUT YOUR OD/AD AND FINAL INTERVIEW, PLEASE, SHARE WITH US! (Even more than once. Copy it again if you saved it on your computer.) Your impressions might be useful, as well.

TELL US ABOUT YOUR TIME AND YOUR TRAINING IN DUBAI!!! Anything what happened to you: bad experience and good. Like:

Oh, my God, the college is so beautiful and huge, very well equiped with the newest simulators... OR

They put me in Qusais. My room is huge but I'm in the middle of construction! I cannot even catch a taxi or get some food delivered... OR

My group is so great! There are 9 different nationalities but we get on very well! OR

I'm losing my hair big time since I'm here. I was told that the quality is the water is very bad and that might be the reason... OR

My trainers are so-so nice and professional! I'm in the evening course, so I finish around 11.30 p.m. I study 2-3 hours the next day to manage my exams. It's a lot to take in but we still have energy to go out and party during the weekend...

How many people/boys and girls/age/experienced crew/nationalities in your group, which aircraft type, accomodation, flatmate, who resigned the first week, how is the group/athmosphere, activities, first roster, the supy flight etc. What is the biggest challenge? How many groups get trained that month?

BetsyLoveEK
16th Jan 2010, 08:31
Hello Everyone and Happy New Year! :ok:

Would just like to know the Emirates HR contact number in Dubai pleeease. I had my reassessment FI last October 28, 2009 and haven't heard from them.:( I sent them a follow up email thrice but still no reply. :ugh:
I would just like to find out what had happened. :\
Here's an email address that you can send to the contact number of EK recruitment in Dubai.
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
Good luck to us all who are waiting!

Madelie
16th Jan 2010, 12:04
So, how did the Assessment Day in London go? My application status is still ‘Applied’ although the event took place 2 days ago, so probably no-one even had a look at it. And it seems, that if I want to register for an AD in February, I have to fill in the application form from the very beginning :(.

BetsyLoveEK
16th Jan 2010, 18:24
Thanks to Bibos and Flyse for the big help!:)
I will try to call them and find out.
Will update you guys.
I feel very nervous :\
But whatever the outcome, I will accept. Because I believe everything happens for a reason!
All the best to you guys!:ok::ok:

dream_to_fly
16th Jan 2010, 20:02
looks like emirates is resuming their recruitment like the old days! check out the OD's in their career site. They're going EVERYWHERE! :ok:

easyman82
17th Jan 2010, 14:41
Hi future cabin crew,

I just wanted to say that I haven't read the forum rules so my posts are being deleted.

99heyho
17th Jan 2010, 14:48
If EK AD preliminary selections is to be conducted by some external agency which is usually conducted before the AD itself, do we still need to register?

dream_to_fly
17th Jan 2010, 21:58
Hi 99heyho yes you will need to register if it's an AD that you are interested in going. The reason for this is that they will evaluate your application and send only invitation to AD. Unlike OD where everyone can attend. Hope this helps and wish you the best with your interview!

Ama86
18th Jan 2010, 03:01
Just letting you guys know I finally got the ""OK" that I past all my medicals they were very fast It all got approve in four days, now I'm just waiting on my e-ticket and Visa.

My DOJ is on the 1st of Feb anyone else have the same date??:D

emirateshopefully
18th Jan 2010, 08:33
Hi everyone,

Hope all the preparations are going well, for those going to dubai, and those taking interviews for the first time. There has not been too much news on here re golden calls. I had 2 missed calls this morning on my phone, from a dubai number. I called my friend in Dubai, and it wasn't him, so fingers crossed it was Emirates, and they will call me back. I will let you all know.
Take care :)

emirateshopefully
18th Jan 2010, 10:22
:ok:
I just got the golden call, I am so so happy. I think I have waited for about 8 weeks! My date for departure is 01st of March 2010, anyone else with me? Good luck to everyone else waiting. Don't give up hope.:D

dream_to_fly
18th Jan 2010, 11:42
First of all congratulations Emirateshopefully! You must be so happy that you finally received your call :)

I have a question however, do any of you guys know how long it will take emirates to finalize their venue for their OD? The city which Im going to is hosting an OD and I stupidly brought a ticket without realizing the venue is still to be decided!!

I hope I did not waste my ticket because no re-fund is available :ooh:

Anyway, wish all you guys the best and happy flying!

pinkylicious
18th Jan 2010, 15:59
Hey Guys!!

I'll be flying to Dubai tomorrow night, and will be arriving at Dubai Intnl on the 20th at 6 am local time..
I'm very happy and very proud to have achieved my goal...
When I get there will update on further details!!

Good luck to everyone who will undertake this exciting journey towards Dubai!!
:ok::ok:

chatnoir
18th Jan 2010, 18:14
hello to everybody, i would like to ask you if you could write me more informations about the english test, what level is it, which type of quiestions can I expect and if it is true she will read some text, and then we will have to write the comprehension answers,

thank you very much :O

jaye
18th Jan 2010, 18:23
hi everyone, just to say that as i'm sure most of you know there was a book out called How To Become Emirates Cabin Crew. For those of you who dont know about it, it was written by someone who used to do recruitment for EK so obviously knows exactly what they're looking for and contains a LOT of information on what to expect and how to prepare for the AD/ OD and basically answers any and every question you could have.

The book is out of print now and not available in any stores but a while ago I found a blog of a girl who had a new one she was selling so I bought it from her and it really is as brilliant as everyone says it is. She has another 4 which she is selling if anyone would like one. I dont think we are allowed to post links on here (correct me if i'm wrong?) so if anyone wants her contact send me a pm :ok: xx

bibos
18th Jan 2010, 18:41
HI every one
I was wondering if the Salary given in the EK contract is the salary we will get when we start the job.
I got confused after i asked some of the emirates crew( 3 Crew members) who said new joiners are only getting 2000 DHS :bored:
any one has any information about this issue and sure of it ?
thank you

lucy21
18th Jan 2010, 19:53
Hi there!

I'm new crew (finish training v soon!) and yes your contract will state that your basic is 3915AED per month, you get a 2000AED advance when you arrive which you pay back in 2 instalments of 1000AED out of the first 2 months pay thus reducing your pay to 2915 for the first 2 months, factor in that I only did 3 weeks for EK in my first month due to my DOJ and my pay is reduced by another 900AED (approx). Subtract phone costs (30AED) and medical plan costs (60AED) and the cabin crew retention money (250AED), all of which are included in your contract info we got between 1500 and 1900 AED for the first 3 weeks work so they're not ripping you off, it's all fair and above board. The first 2 months will be harder money wise so I'd advise you to bring some with you - I brought about 1500AED.

Hope that helps answer your question :o)

Lucy x

aishney
19th Jan 2010, 02:18
hey lucy,

thanks for the info...:)
since you are finishing your training soon, any idea whether the turnarounds flight, no bidding, no swapping for first 6 months is true?

Just curious if they did mention it in the training:confused:

Ikas81
19th Jan 2010, 10:16
And do you know how much do you get payed after those 2 months? An average?

Tally82
19th Jan 2010, 10:52
I dont get. I only had my final interview on Friday the 15/01 and I only submitted my outstanding photographs last night and my status on emirates website shows not successful already :(

That really sucks

jzmn59
19th Jan 2010, 15:31
hey lucy21,

pardon me but what is crew retention money?
does EK "lock" a portion of your salary (250AED as you mentioned) every month? if so, what for?

thanks! :)

lucy21
19th Jan 2010, 20:33
The retention fee is explained in the contract and is as stated only for the first year and up to a maximum of 4000AED, it's also used to cover any outstanding bills when you leave. A cabin crew I spoke to recently who has been here for a year advised me we could expect to get 9000-10000 AED a month if we get good flying hours - plenty to live on!!

As for turnarounds only etc this has been explained previously by Mari I believe, they're basically trying to make the bidding system fairer as some people don't understand it and therefore never get their bids. For the first 6 months we will get 1-2 layovers per month and 4-5 turnarounds on average. We can't bid or swap flights in the first 6 months either. This isn't so bad when you consider that the 6 months starts from you DOJ so by the time you start flying you have less than 4.5 months following this we can bid/swap as normal.

Hope that clarify's the situation.

Lucy x

Zara03
20th Jan 2010, 05:24
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and was wondering is anyone from here going to the Brisbane Openday in FEB? I will be going pretty excited but im not going to expect to much even though this is my dream job, seems like the best advice is to just be yourself. I've read on the AD some people had to do a english and math exam well if i get passed the OD i will dread the math exam, was never good at it..

easyman82
20th Jan 2010, 07:59
To Zara03

Just be yourself and keep smiling in the whole assessment and I wish you goodluck.

keep us updated.

I'm still waiting, 4 weeks now since my final interview. God bless!

aishney
20th Jan 2010, 08:08
hey thanks for the details clarification..
i was okay with the turnarounds but just wana get the confirmation this wasnt a rumors :)
really appreciate your post :)
enjoy your flying life soon ..

Sydneybloggs
20th Jan 2010, 08:45
Hi All,

I finally got an email yesterday inviting me to the AD in London on the 9th of february!! I've been applying since 28/07/09 I'm so glad I have finally got an invite, funny thing also the 9th of february is my birthday, hope this brings me luck. Anyone else going on the 9th?
Well do everyone that has had their golden call.xxx

Amaterasu
20th Jan 2010, 16:54
OMG!!!:eek: I got the golden call this morning. Is anyone else going to Dubai on 21 March? If so let me know, would love to know who will be in my group :D

easyman82
20th Jan 2010, 17:51
To Amatearasu

Thats a good news. Happy for you.
when was your Final Interview?
Im still waitin till now. 4 weeks already :ugh:

rayanair1
20th Jan 2010, 18:03
:ok::ok: TOMORROW IS MY FI INTERVIEW WITH EMIRATES IN TUNIS ? YA RABBI ,, cant sleep well till to see how it will be tomorrow , tomorrow is my birthday and my FI hope that bring me a lot of luck and good luck fo everyone who still wait for the answer and golden call and invitation good luck for all of us

Zara03
20th Jan 2010, 22:29
Thanks Easyman :)

After the Open day will post and let you know how i went. I once went to a OD for Qatar and got to the second round but didnt pace that, i think i was to excited and talked abit to much and i felt i was trying to prove to much and it proberbly looked like i was tryn to hard. its hard not to be excitied when you really want the job..

I wish you the best of luck easyman and hopefully they wont make you wait to long.

Mari
20th Jan 2010, 22:48
I had some new-joiners (doing their supy flights) on my recent trips this month. I just want to say that I was really very impressed by the performance (and grooming) of these lovely, bright and energetic people.

The recruitment team with the HR did an outstanding job.

rise-up
21st Jan 2010, 04:53
Hey,

I read quite a few posts on how AD's are carried out. Many of them did mention that a big chunk of crew do get eliminated right after the reach test, during which the small conversation with the interviewer also happens. It would be great have some more information on the same.what really happens in that little conversation and how does that work about.

On the EK website, cabin crew opportunities, there used to be just one link, but now there are two and as far as I know they mention the same things, the same assesment schedules, the same information regarding open days and rest but, the only thing they have in difference are the reference numbers. Does anyone know why that is?

Thank you.

Fly25
21st Jan 2010, 10:04
Hi guys, please send me private message who is coming on the same day as me to Dubai...........I know already about Ana84, Yulimaga and Bibos :-)) Thank you and see you soon :-)))):ok::):D

rox84
21st Jan 2010, 11:01
Me to on 08th Feb and olso a friend of mine

yulimaga
21st Jan 2010, 15:45
We are in 5 now... There was also ooOLAoo, but I'm not sure if she changed the DOJ. ooOLAoo let us know, please. We're forming the group!!!
For those who are waiting, be patient and believe! :ok:
Congrats to those who has had the Golden Call!!!:D
Hope to meet everybody in Dubai!

bibos
21st Jan 2010, 15:49
:DI'ts Getting sooner!!! and as you said for evey one ,just be patient and you will get the call !
wish you all the best of luck
18 days to go :ok:

Amaterasu
21st Jan 2010, 16:22
Thank you easyman82. All i can say is hang in there and be patient. Because my final interview date was...... October 26. No im not kidding. I have no idea what took so long but my patience was rewarded. I did send them an email to ask if they had any news and i was told to wait. And then i got the golden call like 2 weeks later :D

ctsal
21st Jan 2010, 16:25
Hey you out there! I'm also joining on the 8th!!! :ok:

GianKa
21st Jan 2010, 23:49
CIAO everybody..

I went to an OD in Milan on nov ’09 and I even didn’ t get trough the second stage…:{(honestly I was too nervous and did some mistakes...) I just noticed EK will have an OD in Venice at the end of February.. Now, I know is not possible to re-apply before six months, but two girls came in Milan after being not-shortlisted in Paris few days before and went trough.. they said the recruiters didn’ t mind it.. I’ m confused guys, do you suggest me to risk or to wait four more months and be more “safe”…:ugh: any previous experience?
Thank you..

FungusAmongUs
22nd Jan 2010, 05:09
Hey there people,
So this is how it goes...I d been waiting for EMIRATES to come to my country since last one year.one fine day i see my countries name on the global assessment day and jus by seeing that on the list i went crazy,i was that happy since that day all i dreampt was me working with EMIRATES man!!!then i forwarded my resume to Emirates they said they ll get back to me.one day out of cuorosity(Nevermind the spelling) i called the agency with which EMIRATES had tied up the initial interview stage and thats when the entire world went upside down for me.....THEY SAID THAT EMIRATES WERE ONLY RECRUITING FEMALES.....and wala there you go....Now my question is if they were recruiting only females then "why did they send me the mail which said that my profile matches that of what they are looking for in NEW DELHI"...i m a dude..and i surely dont look like a girl...then "why did they say that my profile matches"....whatever all the questions that i ve collected from this site ve gone in vain....so thats about it PPRUNERS..

The reason why i m mentioning all this here is that"IF THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ME THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU AS WELL" ....so keep your fingers crossed...
CHEERS
LIFE IS GOOD

HCC
22nd Jan 2010, 06:54
Let's make our GROUP as well...
Who has DOJ on 25 Jan from Romania??? And all over the world??

Guys and now a question???
I have in my Candidates Portal my acomodation address, I have excess baggage coupon but I dont have visa and ticket.
Is anybody else in this situation? Is this normal? Should I be worried???

dreamcrew
22nd Jan 2010, 07:01
To HCC,

Well, that sounds wierd. your DOJ is after 3days and still did not receive ur visa and ticket. just wait till tomorrow if not call them on sunday and check coz the HR here in UAE, they re not workin on friday and saturday.

Im still waitin for my golden call hopefuly.

Goodluck and enjoy

Ikas81
22nd Jan 2010, 07:39
Hi, does anyone know what does this mean?
Ref No:SI/SN/13942
Ref No:S-I/SN/13391

aishney
22nd Jan 2010, 08:37
hey there,

i had 25th Jan join in date...
Got everything including the accomodation address..
you must have your visa cos you need that for immigresen clearance upon arrival at dubai, i suggest you call your co-ordinator to liase with them pertaining with your ticket and visa...
:eek: another 3 days before i flying off to dubai..

for those of you who still waiting for the golden call.. all the best :ok:

shez
22nd Jan 2010, 10:05
Anyone with DOJ 4 Feb lets also make a group

chatnoir
22nd Jan 2010, 10:45
hello ryanair 1, could you tell me please something more about the english test, type of questions or topic of the essays or the comprehension text,
please,

thank you.:)

bibos
22nd Jan 2010, 12:14
I guess most of the New joiners are going to a TOWER called 21st century or that's what i noticed so far.

yulimaga
22nd Jan 2010, 14:41
I also heard that but one of the new joiners told me that she was put in the Union Property Tower.
Hey, people who already arrived in Dubai, where did the Emirates give you an accomodation?

Mari
22nd Jan 2010, 19:01
21st Century is great!!!!! You are lucky!

Emirates has accomodation all over in Dubai. Like 15 different locations... Garhoud is the best - in my opinion.

vespaet3
22nd Jan 2010, 19:46
Has anyone been offered the A380 Fleet lately? EK had just taken delivery of one more apparently.

yulimaga
22nd Jan 2010, 20:22
That is my friend who was offered UP tower's accomodation. I wouldn't mind living there too!!!:} Nice place, ah? Why do you say Garhoud is good? Is it about the location next to the airport? I would like to move to International city when I finish my training as I'm married and my husband comes two months after me. What do you think of it? Of course, I would prefer to rent in the Gardens, I stayed there for two weeks at our friends place and definitely fall in love with it. So green and fresh...

fqasis
22nd Jan 2010, 23:05
Hello every one , yesterday i recieved my golden call, i am so happy cause it was to fast my final interview was 10 january 2010 saw i just wait for 11 days, hope for every one to get the golden call.
My DOJ 1 march 2010, any one in that day please reply me.
Thanks

Good luck for every one:ok:

Sydneybloggs
23rd Jan 2010, 10:52
Hi All,

Well done on all of your golden call's, it is brilliant.
I'm going to the AD in London on the 9th of february and I have lots of information on the day like things to expect but If I'm lucky enough to make it through to the 2:1 interview I have no idea what questions are asked? Can anyone share some expriences from their 2:1??
Thanks all.xx

rayair1
23rd Jan 2010, 11:12
I was invited by emirates to Assessment Day in tunis Tunisia , the process take in average three days :
DAY1:
prescreening day,recruiters will have a look into your cv,and they will ask you one by one while you watching the movie about dubai and emirates and then they will ask you to wait out for the result and who are succeeded will pass to the next stage which is day 2
Day2:
they will seperate you in two groups or three it depend with the number of candidates and then the first exercise is GROUP DISCUSSION , they will give you a topic and you will talk about it between all of you
and then a result some will sucess some others will leave
second exercise is english test , is a text with comprehension questions and grammar and essay ,and then anoter result ,some will sucess others will leave ,
third exercise is another group discussion with another topic to talk about
at the end of the day2 for those who are suceeded ,they will be invited to the Final Iinterview which is day 3
DAY3
IS the Final Interview which is the ONE BY ONE with two recruiters they will ask you about your work experience and how to deal if you have a difficult customer ,and if one of your colleagues was rude toyou
and then youu will wait from 2 to 6 weeks to get the result hopefully
good luck for all of us who are in waitinghttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Sydneybloggs
23rd Jan 2010, 11:25
Thank you very much. Very helpful. Good Luck to you.xx

rise-up
23rd Jan 2010, 12:45
Hey everyone!!

Please could someone let me know of how long it takes after the screening interview (with an agency appointed) before we get an invitation to the Interview (AD) with EK recruiters. How does it all work about I have just finished my screening and really hoping it all works out.

*Fingers crossed*

wannabethere
23rd Jan 2010, 13:25
hi guys,
Congrats to all those who have made it. I have a burning questions, what do they usually look at in the dental ex-rays and bite wings???
I had 3 teeth removed previously coz of cavity but the gaps aren't visible unless i open wide my mouth. The rest of the teeth are ok. Should that be a problem? I would really like to know
thanx:}

iio78
23rd Jan 2010, 14:37
hi guys,
i just want to ask if is there anyone who have been twice to final interview with emirates and failed twice? cause i am in this position now and the emails that i received have the same reference number. is that a mistake maybe? or this is how is supose to be?

prat_eegle
23rd Jan 2010, 20:31
Hi
I live in Spain and have the opportunity of attending the next Open Day to be held next Sat 30th Jan in Madrid.
My doubt is the following:
If I cannot move to Dubai just now but maybe after 6 months, in the event that I was selected by them, does anyone know from their own experience or from someone else´s they may have heard of, whether EK would wait for me/keep a place? Or would they not? In the latter case, would they also then bar me from appearing again in the future?
Thanks a lot for your advice.
Rgds

jzmn59
23rd Jan 2010, 20:54
I attended the Singapore OD today. We were told that they are okay to wait up to 3 or 4 months. Sometimes 6 is okay but rarely do people take so long. According to the agency they are very shorthanded now and they would try to push for earlier DOJ even if you indicated a longer notice period.

I personally don't think you'll get barred though. If anything, the FI ban is only 1 year. After that time everything is fair game isn't it?

aishney
24th Jan 2010, 04:02
i heard one of us got 21st century but i got the one beside it,
al kawakeb building, the shortest building along sheikh zayed road i guess.

Mari, any idea about this apartment? how was it? just wondering cos some said it was old and tiny :ugh: but some say the location is amazing..:ooh:

yulimaga
24th Jan 2010, 09:24
I hope you'll be OK! At least you won't feel dizzy! :} Have a nice flight to Dubai!!!

rayair111
24th Jan 2010, 10:37
hello everyone
My FI was on the 21 of january in tunis tunisia ,but i don't know for how long i should wait the result?
can someone tell me please?

chatnoir
24th Jan 2010, 10:59
Hello, first of all thank you Ryanair1 for your post, very helpfull, I hope will be ok everything, because I am scared a little bit about the english grammar and so on, my level is upper intermediate so I don´t know if is enough.... But let´s going to see :confused:

And the other hand, I would like to know how can influence online application form your results, because I have done it very quickly, with many mistakes and horrible photos, it´s application about Open Day (and I already can´t connect), so I have thought it hasn´t so important and that the mean importancy has the personal interview and application form which will give you the recruiters, did you have to complete some application which they gave you???

THANK YOU for all!!!! :p

HCC
24th Jan 2010, 12:00
I resolve the problem with visa and ticket, I have them in front of my eyes... I am so happy. I leave on 26 Jan.

Who else is in our GROUP???? 26 Jan???

Good luck guys!!!

rayair111
24th Jan 2010, 12:05
congratulations, hope you enjoy your flight to dubai :ok:
can you please tell me the waiting time from your FI until you received your visa ? thanks a lot

HCC
24th Jan 2010, 13:12
I had my FI on 27.10.09.
I had my Golden call around 12.12.09 and on 26 Jan I travel to Dubai.

Good lack and be patience!!!

Mari
24th Jan 2010, 14:20
Aishney!

Location is great. Building is old. Flats are big. No security - as I heard... (Great!) Maybe sharing bathrooms (sucks!) but I'm really not sure about that...

You will see. You can move free of charge in the first year. Don't worry, you will face and solve all the problems. (Just be patient and work on them. There are always, always difficulties to deal with...)

Good luck!

bibos
24th Jan 2010, 14:24
what problem did you have with the visa and eticket???