PDA

View Full Version : Saudia

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

flyboyike
14th Dec 2008, 00:41
Any pprune members working there? Any inside info on hiring policy, minimums, equipment etc? I am a CRJ F/O a breath from being furloughed. Just weighing different options.

flyboyike
14th Dec 2008, 02:59
I did, thank you. Their website seems pretty vague, I thought maybe someone had some specific up-to-date info.

coffindodger
14th Dec 2008, 11:28
Why not make a quick telephone call to the local H.R. Office in Houston ???

flyboyike
14th Dec 2008, 14:54
Ike, check out ÇáÎØæØ ÇáÌæíÉ ÇáÚÑÈíÉ ÇáÓÚæÏíÉ - ÊæÙíÝ (http://sv.net/apps/rec/default.asp?LNG=EN) for the requirements.
(Wait at least 2 hours as SV.NET is scheduled to be down until 1400utc)

I did that and when I click on "more details" absolutely nothing happens. Additionally, on the website it only says that they're hiring for the 742 and the E190, while I keep hearing from various sources that they're hiring into other aircraft as well. Just wondering if anyone knew more exactly what's going on over there.

flyboyike
14th Dec 2008, 15:39
Well, whaddaya know?! I'll give it a shot, perhaps they'll realize I'm hardly a longevity risk.

Krypton
15th Dec 2008, 09:56
Hi all , I work for Saudia and almost retiring. Fom my personal point of view of a crewmember I CAN TELL YOU THIS: It's a petty good airline compared to others in he Middle East, but beware of misleading information ( I'm avoiding the word lie) presented by the company in its website and to hiring firms. One example of this is: If you apply for a certain advertised equipment, dont be surprised to end up on a different one, to some people this was advantageous to others unacceptable, but thats how they do it there. Seems like HR people dont speak to operations people. (Anyway they provide the training with no bond)

I guess they are hiring across the board all equipment and all postions since the latest CEO has started a policy of encouraging getting rid of high paid senior crew by not automatically renewing contracts ( as was before) and by encouraging early retirement.

Presently looking for 747-100, 747-300, 747-400 ,MD-11, 777, EJ-170 and very soon the new A-320 is arriving which will require a considerable number of crew ( Saudi Arabian Airlines orders $300M in engines | Aviation (http://www.ameinfo.com/163587.html)) , and a bit sooner the B-787 dreamliner is scheduled to join the fleet (Saudia in talks over Dreamliner - Transportation - ArabianBusiness.com (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/496513-saudia-in-talks-over-dreamliner)). The present Airbus and MD-90 are being quickly gounded and disposed of.

Although the company is being partially privatized, its still under government control which alleviates some of the global financial problems and gives some sort of job security, but nevertheless you will still suffer the Middle East style management .

Seymour Skinner
19th Jan 2009, 08:49
Hi Krypton,

Do you know if they accept applications from JAA licensed pilots rated on those types? I know most ME airlines will accept either FAA or JAA but the earlier posting stated FAA specifically.

By the way, the "More details" button doesn't work for me either.

Thanks

europilot
19th Jan 2009, 10:54
Mutt,

if an expat join as an FO is there a chance for an upgrade at SV???

Thanks
EP

Seymour Skinner
19th Jan 2009, 14:57
A couple of questions...

What's the net monthly pay like for Captains? The pay listed above doesn't seem very impressive compared to other Middle East airlines so I assume there is more to it? Or is the pay for wide-bodies much higher?

Also, what are the requirements for DEC on the 747 (either 300 or 400)?

Is anyone working there happy for me to PM them?

Thanks

eightbawl
20th Jan 2009, 01:02
Krypton - the last time I was in Jeddah was nine days ago, and I already miss it.... I hope you're enjoying the winter weather there. Let me know if you want some recommendations about some excellent seafood restaurants.

flyboyike - Generally speaking, SV is a nice airline to fly for. It's not perfect, but I know a bunch of SV pilots and they always have words of praise about the airline's flight operations department.

I myself am a citizen of Jeddah. I'm currently studying Aviation Management at the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks, ND. This major at UND includes flight training, which will help me to get recruited as a pilot in SV.

Why would I want to become a pilot in SV?

All things considered, there's more than one reason:

- They have a great safety record.
- All of the SV pilots that I know have had good things to say about SV's flight operations department.
- They have a nice salary.
- They have nice employee benefits.
- They are currently modernizing the fleet. This includes gradually phasing out the MD-90's, 747-100B's and 747-300's, and it also includes introducing new aircraft which are the A320's, A330-300's and 787-9's.
- They're based in my hometown, which is Jeddah.

These are the minimum requirements that they have for pilot recruitment that I know of. I don't know if they apply to foreigners, but they do apply to Saudi citizens:

- 320 hours total flight time, including 270 hours on single-engine aircraft and 50 hours on multi-engine aircraft.
- An FAA private pilot certificate, as well as an FAA commercial pilot certificate with an instrument rating and a multi-engine rating.
- A high school certificate.
- An FAA first class medical certificate.
- English language proficiency.
- Successfully passing the recruitment interview.

As for Jeddah, well I've been to several cities in the middle east, and I could say with confidence that Jeddah is one of the best cities in this part of the world. The cost of living here, including the price of renting an apartment and the prices of groceries, are cheaper than some cities in the gulf like Dubai. It's not a perfect city, but its pros more than make up for its cons. There's an abundant choice of many different types of restaurants, including Indonesian, Filipino, Lebanese, and some of the finest seafood in this world. The city is very much used to foreigners, because there are immigrants from several countries. Also, if you're into scuba diving, then Jeddah is located on the eastern coast of the Red Sea, which has some of the finest dive sites in the world. I always do scuba diving in Jeddah with friends; to me, as an activity, it's one of the highlights of the city.

If you have any further inquiries about SV or Jeddah, then let me know.

SHAMAA
20th Jan 2009, 18:49
hello mutt!
can you pl help with is,,,do you if saudia is recruiting in this moment flights attendents cause i did not see any offers in theire website
thank you very much!!

khawar rashid
23rd Jan 2009, 08:34
i am working as fo B743 in PIA about 4000 hrs on type, any expat fo B747 classic working with saudia, rqst working condtions in saudia, and do u fly B743 also and how long they plan to use B747 classics as the contract is only on B747 classics, if saudia gets rid of classics then ur jobless, cuz i am planning to apply for this job thanks

Seymour Skinner
23rd Jan 2009, 08:41
Mutt,

When you say that the 744 is only recruited for internally do you mean Saudi nationals only or anyone already in the company i.e. existing 743 pilots?

Also, do you have any idea when the eight new A330s are due to start arriving?

Fly4Fun
20th Apr 2009, 11:49
Hi there,

I just check on the careers section the terms and conditions for A320 Captain, but no mention on the hourly rate pay. Is it the base pay divided by 70 hours?
Anyone caring to explain?

Many thanks in advance
Safe landings :ok:

Fly4Fun
20th Apr 2009, 16:02
Thanks a lot mutt! That's what I tought!

Safe landings :ok:

StinkyMonkey
2nd May 2009, 07:26
Did anyone manage to get any details on the A320 CA contract. The link on the website does not appear to work. I sent them an e-mail about it, but still no joy.

SM

metro301
2nd May 2009, 08:14
It doesn't work with Firefox, only IE, don't know why....

Saudi Arabian Airlines - Career (http://sv.net/apps/forec/#)

Benefits:
Salary SR (Saudi Riyals) :

Aircraft Category
Monthly Base Pay (in SR) Monthly Base Pay (in USD)

Minimum Maximum Minimum Maximum
A 22615 36282 6030 9675
B 22615 36282 6030 9675
C 24710 39645 6589 10572
D 27000 43320 7200 11552
1 USD = 3.75 SR

Guaranteed Monthly Flying Hours:
- A & B Category (G2, G3, G4, Falcon, Hawker, E-170 and MD-90): 65 Hours
- C Category (A-320 and A-321): 70 Hours
- D Category (B-747 Classic, B-744, MD-11, B-777, A-330 and B-787): 75 Hours

12.3 months salary each year (no income tax is presently applied in Saudi Arabia).

A one time payment of 20% of a month base pay on initial joining.

SR600 per month transportation allowance.

3% annual salary increase, until the maximum of the salary grade is reached.

10% of the hourly rate will be paid for each actual block hours as productivity allowance.

10% of the hourly rate for actual hours flown between 1700-0300 GMT as night flying allowance.

On Call Premium after legal rest at layover station, 15 minutes credit for every 6 hours of layover.

Overtime payment will be paid at the Hourly rate after the minimum guaranteed has been reached for the first 15 hours and at the rate of 1.5 Per Hour thereafter.

3 years contract, renewable.

Personal Accident Insurance (1.5 Year Basic Salary) up to a maximum of 802,000 SR.

Loss of License Insurance (1 Year Basic Salary) up to a maximum of 540,000 SR. (For American National a fixed sum of 168,000 SR).

Layover Expense from block-out to block-in at the layover station: - Domestic : 20 SR per hour, International : 25 SR per hour.

One Additional Crew Member (ACM) ticket on Saudia network each month

Length of Service Award, paid on successfully completing employment:-
From 1 to 5 years a half month’s base pay for each year of completed service, 75% of the total sum amount will be paid if the years of service is less than 10 years and the full amount will be paid if the years of service exceeds 10 years.

Free cargo shipment of up to 400Kgs for an employee on married status and 200 Kgs on single status, on initial joining and final departure.

An annual bonus of one month’s base pay, paid pro rata in year.

Free Medical Cover for employee and eligible dependents (Except dental, cosmetic, infertility treatment, audio & visual aids).

School Education subsidy for up to 3 children up to grade 9 (in & out of Saudi Arabia).

Travel benefits for employee and eligible dependents on Saudia and other airlines.

One positive space ticket for employee, and up to 3 eligible dependants, to domicile each year

1 service charge sub load ticket, for employee and up to 3 eligible dependants on Saudia each year

10 official holidays per year, as per periodic declarations

30 calendar day’s paid annual vacation , increased by 5 days for every 10 years of continues employment (40 days maximum).

Free furnished, air-conditioned, accommodation including utilities, Gas, Water, Electricity and Maintenance, (excluding telephone charges) for married and single status employees.

Free Saudia Sports Club membership for employee and dependents.

Conditions:
A current ATP license on a fixed wing transport aircraft issued by the official Regulatory Agency of an ICAO member country with an endorsed license for English proficiency.

Pass Saudi Arabian General Authorities for Civil Aviation (GACA) Knowledge test.

Age: 30 – 55 inclusive.(At the Age of 53 or greater, an ICAO ATP with a type rating for the equipment hired).

Height: 65 - 76 Inches (165 - 193 cm).

Satisfactory completion of High School(college graduate is prefered).

Speak, write, read & understand English language fluently.

Current ICAO Member Country First Class medical certificate.

Pass Saudia pre employment medical check that shall include but not limited to :
- Drug Screening.
- Psychometric Evaluation.

Pass Saudia Technical Knowledge, Aptitude, Interview and Simulator Check Ride.

Applicant must be current within a maximum of six month away from flying.

Provide Security background check authenticated by the local authority of nationality origin prior to work visa endorsement.

Required Flying Hours:

Aircraft Category
Minimum Hours Condition as PIC Exception
A 3500 2000 on Group A or 1000 on Group B None
B 4500 3000 on Group A or 2000 on Group B 1.5 Hours of Each A Group could be credited to substitute for any short fall of Group B Hours
C 5000 3000 on Group B or 2000 on Group C 1.5 Hours of Each B Group could be credited to substitute for any short fall of Group C Hours
D 5500 3500 on Group C or 2500 on Group D 2 Hours of Each C Group could be credited to substitute for any short fall of Group D Hours
3 Hours of Each B Group could be credited to substitute for any short fall of Group D Hours

Note: all credited hours mentioned in the exception column are PIC hours

All hired captains shall have recent experience on glass cockpit A/C unless hired for non-glass cockpit.

HERC
2nd May 2009, 12:54
Is Saudia currently recruiting foreign pilots for A-320?
Thanks

HERC
3rd May 2009, 20:33
THANKS .........Mutt

Can some one please guide me through the recruitment process that SV generally follows. I mean what's typical of the process and what should one prepare for in terms of studies? Any specific pointers to specific subjects/ topics. Thanks in advance

laic
4th May 2009, 13:28
@ Mutt,
Atlasjet will start operating 2 A330s for them shortly. You mention 12 A330s on order and starting 2009.
Is plan A to have KK to operate them all, or could this be 2 different operations ??
Thanks !

Shanwick Shanwick
7th May 2009, 07:09
Could anyone tell me which destinations are served by the 744's based in Jeddah?

Thanks

lpokijuhyt
7th May 2009, 08:29
:hmm:I applied to work there 4 months ago. One day I get an email asking if I could fly down to Cairo later that same evening in order to interview the following morning! Incredible. I then called them and asked what was up with the scheduling. To be honest, their recruitment is highly unorganized and is probably a reflection of the airline.
I asked what aircraft for which they were recruiting and they said the Boeing 747. I said which 747? They said the Boeing 747. I said which 747. The guy honestly said, "the larger one." I was in disbelief. So after 20 minutes of playing, "guess which 747 model I am trying to describe" I concluded they were recruiting for the Classic. He said they were recruiting for a 3 year contract on the Classic. I told him that I read they were going to phase out the classic in a year and when that happened which aircraft would I transfer to or would my contract be voided. Simple and honest questions that needed to be asked. He then replied that I needed to buy my own hotel room in Cairo that same evening if I wanted to fly down there for the interview. Talk about switching the subject.hahaha.
Anyhow, I got a serious bad vibe from this outfit and declined. Maybe it is a good deal, but there lack of HR really made me question what the hell was going on.

Kato747
9th May 2009, 12:09
Metro301/Mutt

Do either of you know whether or not SV will consider B742/3 Classic guys, current and recent on type, at age 56?

Noticed in the T&Cs Metro posted that over 53, Captains must have ICAO license and type. It didn't specifically state an age limit.

They've had my application since January ... no response at all from Bilal.

Shifty1
11th May 2009, 00:20
Hi Mutt-
I received a text msg from Belal K. about interviewing on 23may or 20june. I was wondering if you had any gouge or if you could send me in the right direction. What's the tech stuff and is it TMAT questions? If I make it to the sim, what kind of sim and the standard profile. All help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

metro301
11th May 2009, 08:45
I don't know about the sim, I was typed on the equipment already and current, so it was waived. I went through the process over 3 years ago. The knowledge test was based on questions from the FAA ATP exam. I think around 50 or so, all multiple choice... All I did was read the AIM/FAR before hand. You could also try reading through one of the FAA ATP study guides. Gleim, I think puts one out.

During the interview itself, there were 5 guys interviewing me, a mix of pilots and HR. They asked a couple of questions about Jepp approach plates, nothing tricky. There were a few scenario questions, what would you do if........ The majority of the interview consisted of them trying to get to know me, work history, experience. They asked what I knew of the Kingdom and the airline. How I thought my family would adjust, etc.

It was all very relaxed, all of the interviewers came across as good guys.

They gave ample opportunity to ask any questions that I had.

Shifty1
11th May 2009, 13:13
Thanks Metro,
Is the schedule commutable or do you have to live there? Thanks everyone for your help

metro301
11th May 2009, 13:55
To STL? Sorry, not a chance to commute each month.

6 blocked days off in a row each month.

You would end up dying of fatigue trying to go back and forth each month. 1 day travel there and 2 days to get back to Saudi, only leaves you 3 days to recoup in the USA.

metro301
11th May 2009, 19:39
Dunno...... With all the changes taking place maybe not. It isn't in the T&C's anymore and it used to be listed.

They are building them into reserve lines. Hard lines are easy enough to swap a trip or 2 and build a block of days off. Mind you, that may change with the new system.

mohamed
13th May 2009, 23:40
i understand they are hiring f/e now.
true ? any age limit for guys who are current

777AV8R
14th May 2009, 07:22
How are things? Still doing to commute? I kinda miss the old days.

BadAndy
15th May 2009, 02:54
Does anyone have any more info on the written assessment? Is it just standard ATP type questions? The email I got about the interview said it has aircraft systems questions as well as performance problems? On what a/c??? Thanks for any insight anyone has.

Anyone else going to be in Cairo for the May 23rd round of interviews? If so, shoot me a pm...

Bad-Andy

FlyingNun
16th May 2009, 17:45
Do they give equal rights to female pilots.
In fact, do they hire female pilots?

Do they let women drive cars?
Do they let women vote?

Do they intend to move in to the 21st Century anytime soon?

metro301
16th May 2009, 18:57
1. See answer #2
2. No.
3. No.
4. No. It is a Monarchy.
5. Define soon.

Semaphore Sam
18th May 2009, 20:37
Sorry to interrupt, but...the Houston office has closed. Anyone know if there is a contact, either in the US, or in Jeddah, for a American ex-pat to renew a Retired ID Card? Phone number? Thanx in advance, Sam

Frlow
18th May 2009, 21:12
Would also be interested in what is coming. Furloughed and right now going to be there June 20. If anyone acquires knowledge from the May interviews and wants to share, please PM.

meled90
20th May 2009, 11:05
Its simple, if you have created an account in their career website Saudi Arabian Airlines - Career (http://sv.net/apps/forec/) , you can send a message to the administrator and he will answer you for any question

kp21
22nd May 2009, 11:59
Has anyone interviewed in Cairo already this month?
If yes, could you explain how it went?
I will be there for the 28th interviews. Not much time to study...
thanks

dray1
23rd May 2009, 16:53
I am thinking of applying to Saudia Airlines for a first officer position. I am currently flying the crj900 out of Atlanta Georgia. I will be bringing over with me a wife and two kids. I as just wondering how are westeners welcomed over in Jeddah. Any information would be helpful. Take care.

metro301
23rd May 2009, 20:11
Do you have at least 2000hrs on the CRJ900?

Been here 3+ years, never had a real problem.

This should help, it is all current:

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/360187-sv-city.html
http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/368941-news-about-saudia.html

flyby71
31st May 2009, 23:12
Does anyone know what the cargo(747-2/300) roster is like and how many hours do you normally fly during a month. Any info would be appreciated.

mutt
1st Jun 2009, 03:53
There is no Cargo B747 roster, unless you fly for Air Atlanta. SVA Classic crew fly both cargo and passengers, the roster is easy, reserve for the next 6 months. 70-110 hour credit time on average, overtime paid after 75........

Mutt

flyby71
1st Jun 2009, 14:48
Mutt, thank you very much for all the info. have few more questions for you. Where do they fly cargo and pax on the classics? Where does training take place, how long does it last and what is the pay during it? If one was to get hired as an FO on the classic, is there a possibility of upgrade at all? Thanks again for taking your time to answer all the questions.

mutt
1st Jun 2009, 17:02
Yikes....where do i begin...

747Cargo - Brussels and Dhaka.
747 Passenger - Africa, India, Dhaka, Colombo, Pakistan, Indonesia.

Jeddah in their own facility.
2 months in ground school/sim full salary no expenses
4 months line training full salary with expenses

Snowballs chance in the desert! (Although this might change :):))

Mutt

flyby71
1st Jun 2009, 17:48
thanks for the info Mutt. Do they also take classics to the US? Where is the training?
Thank you once again

EK2EYengineer
1st Jun 2009, 18:09
Let me tell you the truth about B747 HZ-AIU this machine most of the time is grounded so if you looking at flying cargo you will be on ground most of the time, this aircraft is good from the maintenance perspective but had a veru bad luck i flew this machine all over the word as a flying spanne/flight mechanic and i know this aircraft inside out.

Saudia as an employer is very gooooooood & veryyyyyyyy generous you will not have a problem there beside what you should expect as an expat any where in the world people generally are friendly & helpful i enjoyed my stay over there for 12 short years very much and still regeretting my resignation.

flyby71
1st Jun 2009, 18:17
That is actually the first post (Saudia) that people are saying nice things about the employer. I did interview with Gulf Air last year, got the job and turned it down. I have no regrets, and i hope Saudia will turn out to be my final destination. From previous posts I conclude that Saudi Arabian is really a great place to work. I was born and raised in Europe so being an expat is something I live with everyday, and so far it has been a blessing.
thank you

brunson88
1st Jun 2009, 18:21
I left (furloughed) United Airlines 7 years ago and havent flown since. I am type rated on 757/767 and have plenty of hours. Are the airlines in the middle east, Emirates, Saudia, Quatar, etc, going to consider me as qualified for hire because of my time out of the cockpit or am I wasting my time applying? Any info would be appreciated. BB

flyby71
1st Jun 2009, 18:30
I don't think you're wasting your time at all. Unfortunately, they are looking for folks that are current, so get yourself current even in the small plane. If you really want to fly, now would be the time to get current. I am also ex United, laid off last October.
Cheers and keep your spirits up

mutt
1st Jun 2009, 18:54
Classic doesnt go to the USA, those flights are operated by Air Atlanta.

Training is in Jeddah, company facility.... Takes about 6 months !!!!

Mutt

uspilot
7th Jun 2009, 15:03
Hello All

Can someone please post take home pay each month for Capt/FO. I have looked at the T & C but I think you guys get a lot of soft pay otherwise it seems very low. I was told by friend it the best place to work in ME better than EK and EY can someone tell us why?
When will they start hiring for the A330, and other they looking at CCQ the crew on A320/A330. Thanks for any help. Also MUTT thanks for all your info you put out here.:ok:

mutt
7th Jun 2009, 16:48
going to consider me as qualified for hire because of my time out of the cockpit or am I wasting my time applying? Any info would be appreciated. BB They want you current....... but there is nothing stopping you from buying an hour in a sim and regaining currency, i wouldnt bother doing any sort of check ride as it isnt worth the money!

great place to work Hey at least crews still get first class food in the cockpit, in fact there is a number to call before a flight to order special meals.... The Tom Yum is awesome :)

otherwise it seems very low It is very low but as a state employer it must stay within government guidelines!

someone tell us why? Nope, its a secret!

When will they start hiring for the A330 They wont!

looking at CCQ the crew on A320/A330 They wont, each of the A320/330 and 340 fleets will be dedicated crews....

Unfortunately the flying club is about to close, the company will enter the real aviation world on the 1st November when Sabre brings in their crewing system..... booooooo hoooooooooo:{:{:{

On a final note, the 2 bucket concept applies in Saudia just as everywhere else in the ME, 1 bucket has the money in it, the other the sh1t. It up to each person to assess which bucket is more important to them! :ok:

Mutt

flynhigh
7th Jun 2009, 19:34
MUTT

Can you post the monthly pay as was asked. Thanks for all you do.

DownIn3Green
7th Jun 2009, 21:54
Hi everyone...

I've never met him, but I know Mutt knows of what he speaks...

I've been out of the flying biz for the last 4+ yrs, but have spent a lot of time working in Saudi Arabia...NOT for Saudia...

Based in Riyadh, Jeddah would be much better, but now that I see this thread, I'm ready to go back...MUTT!!!...can you help me?

Seriously folks...forget the rest, listen to what Mutt has to say and you'll get the straight poop on what's going on at Saudia...

And Mutt...if you get a chance, PM me if the hiring is as rabid as it seems...I've got 6 yrs left before the big 60 and am able to be "on the road" again...

Dale

metro301
8th Jun 2009, 00:44
Please don't post the take home pay, no one needs problems from the tax authorities.

The rates are posted in the T&C's and yes, there is soft credit. Budget on the posted rates and then be happy with the extra.

Cost of living is very cheap in JED. Housing, Utilities, Medical, Schooling and Travel are covered or subsidized.

You don't spend a lot of money here.

mutt
8th Jun 2009, 05:21
FlynHigh, look at the message from Metro301 and you will see one reason why your question isnt getting answered, the other reason that you can only guarantee payments as per your contract. In this evolving airline world, the whole thing can change overnight....

DI3G.... doors are wide open, airline side and corporate side :):) Plus they are open to 65...... Move quick as door closes at 53.4 years without typerating..

Metro301.... think of your "biggest gripe".... close you eyes, click your fingers and it will be "gone" in the July roster.... inshallah.... (Otherwise back to plan "A" in November :):))

Just remember that "this isnt for everyone..... your personal experience may be extremely different to anyone else"......

Mutt

metro301
8th Jun 2009, 09:35
Mutt - Mashallah!! That was my only gripe. How am I going to function as a pilot without a major gripe????

To repeat what others have said:

Mutt is the BEST source of info at Saudia. I have been here 3+years and I still get the real scoop from him. I listened to him before I took the job, he gave great, accurate and unbiased insight which allowed me to make an informed decision. It has worked extremely well for my family and I.:ok:

"Just remember that "this isn't for everyone..... your personal experience may be extremely different to anyone else"......"

HERC
8th Jun 2009, 15:41
Did Saudia conduct any selection interviews at Cairo between 23 to 28th May, 09? If they did, any news when and where the next might be?
Thanks

mutt
8th Jun 2009, 17:09
Cairo between 23 to 28th May Yes...

when and where the next Jeddah 15th June....

Mutt

AFD
8th Jun 2009, 17:29
do they invite you to attend the screening or can you go by yourself?

which type rating are they looking for now?

alldaysushi
8th Jun 2009, 19:29
Mutt,

I have operated for Saudia 74 program on Haaj contracts at two ACMI carriers you probably know. Any Chance you could provide a phone contact to flight ops. Jeddah.

Thanks,

Sushi

BadAndy
8th Jun 2009, 23:50
Anyone from last week get the dates yet for the medical and sim check in Jeddah? They said 2-3 weeks, and today was 2 weeks...

mutt
9th Jun 2009, 04:24
phone contact to flight ops Thats quite a large building..... who exactly are you looking for?

They said 2-3 weeks Arabic weeks..... it actually means months!!! Still waiting to see friends arrive for their medicals, they interviewed in FEB...

Mutt

filejw
9th Jun 2009, 12:08
Anybody know if they stick to the age 55 requirement. I'm a 747-4 Ca and have a chance to take an early out......

mutt
9th Jun 2009, 12:25
The problem is that you arent typed on a type for which they are hiring, so the 53 will apply..... Suggest you try alwafeerair.com as they should be in the air before Ramadan.

Mutt

AFD
9th Jun 2009, 13:42
which type rating are they looking for now?

alldaysushi
9th Jun 2009, 14:43
Any number close to the CP's office would be nice, if able...

Thanks again.

Sushi

mutt
9th Jun 2009, 15:50
Up to 53 years - type rating not required.
53-55 years - type rating required - E170/MD90/A320

sushi, it doesnt work that way and is a waste of a phone call, all that they will do is refer you to HR.........

Mutt

Deske1
9th Jun 2009, 22:28
Is the training 6 month if I am rated and current on the aircraft SV is hiring?

Thank You!

Urraca
10th Jun 2009, 03:39
Mutt,
I got an e-mail from Belal asking me for my passport specs to get me a visa, last time I spoke with him he said he got all the info and that my application and paperwork was being screened. After the screening he would let me know when I was to go to Jeddah. Now, my question is, is the next interview going to be in Jeddah? Because I have not been in Cairo. I applied for the B 747 F/O position. If I am being pulled streight to Jeddah before going to Cairo, is that good ? I sure hope so, I want the job. I was with Air Atlanta and am one of the guys on permanent furlough at the moment. I last spoke with Belal last week. Thanks in advance for any info,
Urraca:ok:

mutt
10th Jun 2009, 04:29
If I am being pulled streight to Jeddah before going to Cairo, is that good ? It makes more sense to do everything in Jeddah at once, rather that this hogwash of interviewing in Cairo and months later bringing the people to Jeddah for medical and simride.....

You are lucky that the visa procedures have relaxed enough so that this can happen....

Deake1..... yes, even if your last flight on that aircraft was a week before !!! Gotta teach you how to use the proper fingers!~

Mutt

windsurferxpat
11th Jun 2009, 04:58
Hi Mutt

Please check your PM's

Thanks, Windsurferexpat.

Urraca
11th Jun 2009, 17:55
Mutt,
Thanks for the reply. Now I have to wait for Belal to work on getting me the visa. I flew the sim yesterday and went through the hole sim assesmant I was told they will give me. Right seat takeoff, steep turns, stall, ILS, to a miss approach, then VOR approach to a full stop. Followed by a takeoff with a V1 cut and come back for a 3 engine ILS approach. All is going well with that, I will be flying that until called. If you need to add anything to this work out please let me know. All this I am doing in a class C B-747/classic sim. Guess I am lucky to have such a nice toy for myself !!!!:) Say, do you think Belal will just get a letter to the airport and I get the works when I get there? That was the procedure Air Atlanta was putting us through whenever the VISA expired or the first time you arrived there. My first time I had to wait 6 hours to get the passport stamped. Last time it was a 2 hour wait, not that bad. Well, thanks again for your reply and it is better to go streight to the source than go to a third country and then to the source. Thanks again and I do hope I get hired. Seeyaa,
Urraca :ok:

ME Pilot
12th Jun 2009, 21:38
Mutt,

I am in Jeddah for the next ten days and was wondering if you have time for a coffee as I have some questions about life as a pilot in Saudi. I am living in Sierra Compound and I also have access to a car so we can meet where ever you would like.

Thanks
Chris
[email protected]

Winton
13th Jun 2009, 01:37
any possibilities for ex 777 driver with experience from another ME carrier but off type 3 years?

mutt
13th Jun 2009, 06:32
ME Pilot, your email address isnt showing, please PM your mobile number to me..

Winton, they dont hire to the 777, suggest you look at the other side of the Gulf.

Mutt

djonfire
13th Jun 2009, 14:37
helllo mutt!
any info on the cabin crew package and the living conditions in riyadh??

poina
13th Jun 2009, 19:33
I just took early retirement after 19 yrs with Saudia, 9 on the A-300 and 10 on the MD-11, all in the left seat. Great place to work, great people to work for! They will go out of their way for you as long as you give them what we all want, RESPECT. In that time I flew around 9000 hrs. Now take 1 month + vaca, and you will get about 45 hr block a month for 19 yrs. Easiest flying job on the planet. My last year was 200k us and end of contract 300k. No problem to make a mil in 15 years. I know of no capt who put the time I did in who isn't. Things are tightening up a little more now with the work rules, but they will still schd for a 6 day block of time off a month with an acm anywhere in the system. Living in Saudia City has went way down since my start in 1990, but as mentioned before they seem to have realized it and getting better. I was with my wife and 2 kids, school paid but not the best school. OK if your kids are young. All in all, if you get an offer, jump on it! Respect them, respect their religion, don't bitch about nothing to do, that's the hardest part, get an interest in something as not much entertainment is provided. I am trying to go back now on the A-320 but no type and 56. Good luck to all!

mutt
14th Jun 2009, 03:45
Hi Poina, welcome to PPrune........ i strongly suggest that you write directly to your 2nd last fleet manager (Abdullah) and/or training manager (Hasan) as they are both in a position to make things happen for you... especially following our little management reshuffle. BTW, svcity is about 90% full, with newly renovated fully equipped houses for new hire pilots, right down to the microwave.... :):)

djonfire, they dont hire FA's for RUH base.... only Jeddah and that depends on the nationality. Salary is pretty crap to start.

Mutt

dray1
14th Jun 2009, 15:10
Hey metro301,
Thanks for the response. I have over 3,000 hrs in the crj900. What airplane do you fly over there? Is your family over with you? Maybe I will be over there one day. Take care.

alldaysushi
14th Jun 2009, 18:35
Mutt, You may be the single greatest force in flightdeck recruitment at SV. Thanks for your candid guidance.

Could you provide any feedback on the actual competitve numbers for the 742/3. I have the mins.

Thanks in advance..Sushi

poina
14th Jun 2009, 19:05
I'm sure I know u if ur still in Jeddah, wishing u all the best! Heard Abd is now f.m. of all the narrowbody fleet and Gassoma in charge of MD-11. Not too interested in the MD, but A-320 sounds ok. Hope all is well over there. 56 with no type may sink me but you know how it is. Cheers

mutt
14th Jun 2009, 19:28
alldaysushi..... i wish that they paid me for this sh1t... but to be honest, i'm doing this for those applying and not the company........

Unfortunately I dont have the statistics that you require,,,,,,

Poina, we know each other from the health club..... frankly if you want to come back, why on earth would you come to the A320/21?

Mutt

flynhigh
14th Jun 2009, 21:44
Mutt

Oh No. what's wrong with the A320/1 fleet as I just send in my application. I am not even sure they will look at my application with so many Bus pilot on the market. Current on A320 with 1600 hrs 580 PIC on type rest SIC, Instructor/Checkairman...wish me luck. But if you are seeing some problem with that fleet please let us know. Thanks for all you do.

poina
14th Jun 2009, 21:46
Aha! Just had enough long haul and find a couple years of bouncing around the sandbox more to my liking. However, after 10-12 days a month in the sahara it may be time for therapy.

pagasky
15th Jun 2009, 00:15
Flyhigh,
Because Mutt knows the deal Poina surrendered, one of the best!
He has a choice, otherwise for new hire, listen to Poina.

717driver
15th Jun 2009, 21:00
Hi everyone, I'm scheduled for a June interview / assessment. Anyone who has been there, could you pm me what to expect. Thanks!

BoeingDriverUSA
16th Jun 2009, 04:52
717driver...When you get any info on the assessment, please let me know. I have the same deal at the end of June.:ok:

Deske1
16th Jun 2009, 13:35
And me too.Would appretiate to get some info about the assessment.

Cheers-and beers,

tfo
16th Jun 2009, 13:36
Same here 717 driver or Boeingdriverusa, any info would be appreciated, please.

TFO

mutt
16th Jun 2009, 17:25
1: 50 general questions from ATP written / AIM/ Jeppesen.
2: Interview with 4 man panel

3: If successful invited to Jeddah for sim ride and medical..

Strongly suggest that your logbook hours are validated with some kind of stamp to prove that they are real.

Pretty easy actually......

Mutt

tfo
16th Jun 2009, 19:52
Thank you Mutt for the info.

TFO

metro301
17th Jun 2009, 01:41
Mutt, as always you were right! Saw the July lines and was certainly surprised :ok:

4holer
17th Jun 2009, 03:21
Hi Mutt,

You are a wealth of information.
A few questions.

I was just emailed a request for an interview for June25 - 29, 2009. This couldn't come at a worse time as we are moving that weekend from the US to Europe. Will I offend them if I ask if there are other dates? I am interviewing for the 747 F/O position.

Second is it possible to commute? I will be living in Southern France.

Last, their email said to respond (urgently). When I did I got a response saying that my email did not go through to several addresses (3). Is this normal as I only replied. Should I phone someone?

Thanks in advance.

mutt
17th Jun 2009, 04:14
Metro301..... congratulations :):)

4holer, there are X number of positions as 747 FO's with a lot of people interviewing, if they fill all of the slots then they wont recruit again. But if they dont recruit enough, i would expect them to recruit again next month.

Commuting is certainly possible today, 6 days off in a row with confirmed free ticket (you pay taxes). But with the new crewing system due to be operational in Nov, who knows what will happen. In fact i believe that they took the 6 days off comment out of the recruitment blurb.

The poor guy needs to learn how to empty his mailbox....... if you dont succeed by Sat, i will give you his phone number.

Have a good weekend.

Mutt

CLawrence
17th Jun 2009, 07:12
Hey Mutt,

I would like to thank you for all of the information you have been posting it has been a great help.

I have been having the same email problem as 4holer. I have sent around 50 emails and they all get returned from the three address. If you could also give me the phone number of the gentleman I need to talk to it would be great.

If I do get to attend an interview in KSA I would like to buy you a coffee or lunch. have a good one.

Thanx

4holer
17th Jun 2009, 07:48
Mutt,

Looks like I got one through to Mr. Karim, at least it did not come back. Now I just wait I guess.

How persistant should I be for a follow up. I do not want to be overwhelming:bored:

Thanks again for your help.

flyby71
17th Jun 2009, 12:41
Hello Everyone

I am scheduled to interview between 25th and 29th of this month as well. Spoke to Mr. Karim just a few days ago, all interviews are held in Jiddah right now.
Does any one know what the pay is during training and then on -line?

Van Pelt338
17th Jun 2009, 16:57
I am trying to find out what the retirement age is in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Cheers, VP

mutt
17th Jun 2009, 22:35
65... but they wont hire above 55...

mutt

Major Fubar
17th Jun 2009, 23:23
Hi everyone.
I've got the same problem as 4holer, timing couldn't be worse June 25-29th. I'm also moving although within the USA.

I'm current on the MD11 but anticipating being furloughed soon. Most likely July or August time frame.
I sent a message to the Program Administer asking that they relay my message to the Recruitment Team saying that I regret that I cannot make those dates but I would like to be further considered for the position.

If anyone comes up with another way to contact the Recruitment Team please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Tom

Van Pelt338
17th Jun 2009, 23:59
Thanks Mutt.
Cheers VP

hectopascal
18th Jun 2009, 02:55
Hi Mutt,

All very good info. I got a question as well. i got an interview at the
end of the month with alwafeerair.....is that considered the same as
Saudi Arabian, or is that not comparable?

Do you know anything about their interview? It is a two day interview/sin/medical in Jeddah. I have no idea what to expect, and I would love to come prepared. It is for the FO B744 position.

Thanks....Hectopascal

4holer
18th Jun 2009, 20:55
Anyone doing the interview at Saudi Arabian Airlines on June 25 - 29 have any firm travel plans yet? Only thing I received is an email saying they got my confirmation.

4PW's
18th Jun 2009, 23:15
My initial emailed reply to the June interview invitation bounced.

So I emailed the System Admin dudes.

They said thanks, got that, "will get back to you shortly".

No travel plans offered yet.

411A
19th Jun 2009, 01:28
I've got the same problem as 4holer, timing couldn't be worse June 25-29th. I'm also moving although within the USA.

A bit of advice from a long time ex-SVA Captain...do not turn down the scheduled interview...you may well not get a second invitation.
Unless management there has changed their stripes (unlikely) they will not take kindly to procrastination or delay.

Having said this, I turned down repeated invitations in the late seventies, until they raised the salary...however, in those days, experienced heavy jet Captains were few and far between.
Not so, these days.

askerl28
19th Jun 2009, 02:07
Hi all. Been reading through these posts and appreciate all the great information!

Like many, I have received email confirmation for 25th through 28th. No travel plans have been sent yet. Email stated "FO Recruitment". Is this for 747 or are there other aircraft that they're interviewing for?

Major Fubar
19th Jun 2009, 23:12
411A, Thanks.

I figured that that might be the case.
If those dates could just be adjusted a little further out. I would definitely make this happen.

So far, I've not heard a peep back.

Tom

Do-27
20th Jun 2009, 00:43
Hello to all folks!

i would really appreciate any info regarding the two A-330 from Atlasjet flying for Saudia. What routes do they do?:suspect:, rest times? :\,contract for how long?:ooh:,nationality of the deck crew?:sad:,chances to enter like A320 to make the CCQ to A330??:E....

Nice people there?...people happy?:rolleyes:....

Thank you in advance and best wishes to all!!!:ok:

mutt
20th Jun 2009, 03:52
Do-27

Those A330 showed up about a week ago, so there wont be any valid answers to your questions apart from...
chances to enter like A320 to make the CCQ to A330??.. None as Atlas operate the A330, SVA will operate the A320 and then their own A330's which will have dedicated crews, not CCQ.

Fubar, the problem is that the interviews are in Cairo due to visa issues, so its not as if you can just walk into someones office and say hello. They are interviewing about 70 people, which is about half the number of available slots in total, but if they fill fleet specific slots, they obviously wont interview again. (ie, B747 Classic FO should close, E170/MD90 should close, A320 slots should remain open.) But thats only me guessing!

Mutt

Do-27
20th Jun 2009, 13:42
Hi mutt! :ok:

Thanks for the info, i ve received an offer from Atlasjet to do the CCQ to A330, and start joing them in Jeddah....:ooh:...interviews in Istambul in two days..... i am in a Middle East spot , a lot of A320/321 F/O experience.... I will see the offer and if i decide i will be one of the first one being able to give some feedback from inside......

By the way...u ve quite a lot of reply´s....:ok:,,,it seems u r the master here:cool:...

Nice landings and take care!!:)

Do-27
20th Jun 2009, 13:42
Hi mutt! :ok:

Thanks for the info, i ve received an offer from Atlasjet to do the CCQ to A330, and start joing them in Jeddah....:ooh:...interviews in Istambul in two days..... i am in a Middle East spot , a lot of A320/321 F/O experience.... I will see the offer and if i decide i will be one of the first one being able to give some feedback from inside......

By the way...u ve quite a lot of reply´s....:ok:,,,it seems u r the master here:cool:...

Nice landings and take care!!:)

Do-27
20th Jun 2009, 13:45
opssss sorry about that..... by the way do u know the routes do they do with the A330?¿....:sad:

4holer
20th Jun 2009, 22:17
Anyone hear anything yet about the interviews on June 25 - 28?

717driver
21st Jun 2009, 02:37
nothing here.............. stand by

mutt
21st Jun 2009, 03:32
I actually think that they are starting on the 27th.......

Do-27, you are talking about CCQ with Atlas Jet flying for Saudia, this isnt the same as the Saudia fleets where they wont have CCQ.....330s only showed up about 10 days ago, routes should be South Africa, Tunisia etc.....

Mutt

Deske1
21st Jun 2009, 11:27
Dear Mutt I am looking for advise.I am a lucky one-(or unfortunate)-to get the invitation from SV and Alwafeer as well,nearly for the end of June.

Is it OK,to go for both or should I turn down one of them?Which one?I am rated on the 747-400 but the last flight was 2 years ago on type,current now on the A320.

Any idea appretiated.

mutt
21st Jun 2009, 13:06
I would suggest that you attend both interviews, assess the packages that are on offer and then decide which is the best for you in terms of money, lifestyle, time off and starting date....... at this stage of the game, the cards are in your hand, use them :):)

BTW, the SVA interviews are in Cairo, not Jeddah.

Mutt

mutt
21st Jun 2009, 14:08
With these 2 companies interviewing, there appears to be an incredible amount of interest in this part of the world, but this isnt Dubai and never will be, so you have to discover the answers to the following and decide if this country is right for you....

Salary Package including allowances, expenses, per diems, transport.
Salary based on how many hours per month, block or credit.
Roster and blocked days off per month, if any.
Tickets home and how often.
Housing, WHERE, compound or hotel or allowance.
Will they sponsor your family to live here
Schooling for kids, is there a limit
Tickets for family
Medical Coverage for you and family
Loss of licence insurance, Life Insurance
Transportation or allowance if any.

Ummmm, what did i forget?? Anyone care to add more?

Also in preparation for any interview, use wikipedia, check out some facts on Saudi and Islam :):)

Mutt

Deske1
21st Jun 2009, 14:44
What kind of stability can be expected for a new airline there?

I.e. how long will it work?Or is it a gamble?Guess the risk is higher to be out of operation than the "government" company?

flyby71
21st Jun 2009, 17:22
Hello Everyone

I got an e-mail back that I will be attending the interview with SV but so far no other info. I am suppose to leave for the interview on tuesday, but still no travel arrangements nor any other info. Is anybody going there this coming week?

NAY-VEE PILOT
21st Jun 2009, 21:48
Esteemed colleagues,
From reading the thread, I guess I am writing to Mutt however, I will accept the advice of anyone. I am finishing up my 25-year career in the U.S. Navy. I have 2200+ TT (CH-46/SA227/BE200), FAA and CAA ATP, will also get my A320 type rating before retiring in Jan. I am currently flying the BE200 out of Bahrain. Experienced flying in Asia, Europe and the Persian Gulf. Single (supporting elderly mother back in SOCAL). I am extremely interested in flying in the region. Do I stand a chance at Saudi without any jet time? I know I have flown anything over a MGTOW of 23,000 lbs, but I would hope that 2200+ hours of military flying and over 1362 sorties mean something. Perhaps in this venerated circle these numbers aren’t impressive. What do I need to do to get the nod??? Thanks for any and all inputs. Fly safe!!!

4holer
21st Jun 2009, 22:17
Flyby71, do you know you are leaving on the 23 or just assuming? I got the initial email but just waiting now. Nothing like waiting till the last moment! I need to reaarange somethings if I am going so it would be nice to know.

Urraca
22nd Jun 2009, 02:53
Hi Mutt,
Urraca here. I am still waiting for Belal to say when the Visa is ready, but seeing you say the B747 is closing, maybe, could it be I am waiting in vain? My other contacts in SV tell me I will be called, I sure hope so, I WANT THE JOB.

mutt
22nd Jun 2009, 03:31
NAY-VEE PILOT, if you want to fly corporate in a Hawker 400, then you can apply, but otherwise you dont have the required experience for their airliners.

Urraca, if you read what i wrote, i said that the recruitment for the 747 Classic should close if they get enough people at the Cairo interviews, there are only a dozen or so slots for that aircraft. If you have gotten to the stage of waiting for a visa, then this doesnt apply to you!

As for the rest of you, write to the man, i posted his email address a number of times. I do know that he is under immense stress trying to sort the whole thing out and believe it or not, its a one man show!

Hang in there.

Mutt

Urraca
22nd Jun 2009, 04:36
Mutt,
Thanks for your info, I better wait for the next e-mail from Mr. Karim. You have given me hope !!! I want to work for SV and hope to be able to get the job. Will wait, I know Belal is crowded, will not bother him, spoke with him not to long ago, Hey, do you know the WILDMAN by any chance? He is flying a B 707 in the area !!! used to be one of the big guys with the SAUDI faa. If I get the job, let us get together and thanks again.
Urraca

flyby71
22nd Jun 2009, 12:56
Hey 4Holer

I was just assuming that I had to leave on the 23rd to get there in time. As of now, no concrete details, except e-mail saying to stand by.

kp21
22nd Jun 2009, 15:58
I interviewed in Cairo at the end of May. I'm still waiting for a visa to go do the Sim and medical check in Jeddah. Anyone else in the same boat?
I was told that we should get a call soon for the visa.

askerl28
22nd Jun 2009, 18:28
Just received email confirmation for interview in Cairo on 6/29 at 08:30. Anyone else?

flyby71
22nd Jun 2009, 20:02
Askerl28

Did you specify that you wanted the interview on the 29th or they just assigned it randomly?

askerl28
22nd Jun 2009, 22:05
When asked for my availability during that 4 day block, I responded with 6/28-6/29. It looks like I will have to leave on 6/27 to make it on time. I'm coming in from SFO.

flyby71
22nd Jun 2009, 22:12
Congratulations askerl28. I responded that I'm available 24th and 25th, so I would have to leave 2morrow to get there, but so far no e-mail, except we got your availability and stand by. I'm coming from Fort Lauderdale/Miami area. We'll see what unfolds tomorrow. Once again, congratulations and go kick ass during the interview process.

BadAndy
23rd Jun 2009, 01:55
I know the visas for the first group that interviewed in May came through. I know of at least two of us that they want to leave via JFK on Thursday and one other guy that is shooting for this weekend... Sim and medical supposed to be Sat-Mon.

For the guys waiting for travel to the interview, this seems to be par for the course. I got my travel at 2.00pm on the day before I travelled last month. Another guy got his at 6.00am on the morning he travelled (on a 9.30am flight...).

My suggestion would be to email the man and give him a call (his cell number was in the initial email he sent us all). I talked to him last week and he was out sick for 2 weeks (and like Mutt said, he's a one-man show), and they've been having internet (server) "issues" and losing emails... So, he's got to be swamped.

Good luck to everyone interviewing this week. Hopefully we can all get together to hoist a few cold ones (Cokes that is...) in Jeddah in a few months...

chk5511
23rd Jun 2009, 12:11
Hi Mutt,

Thanks for the all the info you provided. Very useful.
I got questions on SV's Hawker & Falcon operations. As a low time F/O(a little over 2,000 hours of heavy jet), it was only slot I could apply.
1. How about life style of the business jet pilots? Do they can get 6 days off in a row?
2. How about upgrade opportunities? Let say, Business Jet F/O --> BJ Capt --> A320 Capt --> and so on.
3. How about typical monthly salary BJ F/O gets?

Thanks in advance! appreciate that!!

metro301
23rd Jun 2009, 15:16
besides the once a month ACM, are there other avenues of regular commuting for myself AND my family (eg. ID90s, ID50s, jumpseat hop ons, etc.)?

The ACM are only for the Pilot employee. In addition, you get 1 positive space first class rtn tkt (3-1) and 1 Stby rtn tkt (4-1) each year. Your family gets those as well.

After that, you can but ID 90 space available or ID 50 confirmed space on Saudia. That can get pricey....

Saudia also has ZED agreements with most major airlines. Zed fare can be cheaper than using the ID tickets on Saudia. The only time I ever have an issue with a ZED is while flying inside the USA as the flights are usually full and Zed is the lowest priority. I use them regularly out of Europe to the USA and Canada, then once in the states, I buy full fare on Jetblue or something similar.

Same deal for Asia, I usually make my way to KUL and then buy full fare on Air Asia. Although I have had some good luck with Zed's on Malaysian

mutt
23rd Jun 2009, 15:25
I would suggest going for the F900 rather than the Hawker :)

1: Yes, they get 6 days off in a row due to doing 24 standby duties (The airline guys only do 12 hour standby duties).
2: There is not official career path, but that is supposed to change, but not including crossing over to the airline side for non-nationals
3: Basic salary as per website is US67k per year for a FO.

For anyone thinking that this is a commuting contract, its NOT!

Mutt

Luibar
23rd Jun 2009, 17:55
Sorry for the question, but what it means "12.3 months salary each year"?

Also what's the averages block hours per month for medium haul?

Thanks

mutt
23rd Jun 2009, 20:05
Difference between Arabic calender and Western.... 12.3 months vs 12 months.. Salary is paid each Arabic month.

50-55 hrs block..

Mutt

717driver
23rd Jun 2009, 20:31
Does anyone know if I need a visa if I am a US citizen traveling to Cairo?

bonose
23rd Jun 2009, 20:40
Mutt,

Sorry to be out of touch, but the SV site talks about the hourly rate but never tells what that number actually is. What are the rates and a typical schedule for the A320/MD90 crews?

metro301
23rd Jun 2009, 21:11
US citizens buy a visa on arrival at the Cairo Airport. You can get it from one of the currency exchange windows and it costs around $15usd.

The monthly basic salary, divided by the hour guarantee for the type of equipment you are looking at will give you the hourly rate.

EMB170/MD90 = 65 credit hours a month.
A320 = 70 credit hours a month.
Heavy = 75 credit hours a month.

There is no typical schedule for the A320 because they are not here yet.

The MD90 changes drastically throughout the year. sometimes the schedules will be 80+ credit hours other times the lines may be at or below minimum guarantee. Plan on the basics for your budget.

RAJAsource
23rd Jun 2009, 21:18
I have been a Flight attendant with Saudi Arabian Airlines from 1981 to 1991 ,All i can say that it was the best Airlines that had givven me the opportunity to be based out side Saudi Arabia, to have long lay overs all over the world,
to fly VIP Flights and experience the greatest and the most fabulious jets ever seen, Saudia city is a great compound equiped with all the facilities , everything is supplied , Saudia was my family and will always be , the chance i have been givven to be one of this company is a big honor for me .
OUR GROUP Supervisors, head management , crew schedule staff, captains,
F/officers/flight Engeneers: Instructors,Flight attendants are the greatest peaple I have Known

My greatest thaughts to any one that had worked from 1981 to 1991.
and my best wishes for everyone who is working until now with Saudia
You did the best choice in Working with such a Great Airline
Saudi Arabian Airlines
Ex F/A Tounsi Raja Payroll n° 3002623

Do-27
23rd Jun 2009, 21:57
NICE WORDS......:)

I FEEL LIKE JOINT THEM......WHO KNOWS!?¡¿....

TAKE CARE! AND HAPPY FLIGHTS AND LANDINGS!:ok:

Luibar
23rd Jun 2009, 23:01
mutt and metro301

You're always ready to answer all the questions.
Many, many thanks my friends :ok:

Luibar

bonose
24th Jun 2009, 00:13
Let me see if this is right- you are paid salary and the hourly rate ($94ish for min A320 captain), or is it salary and 10% of the hourly rate actually flown. Just trying to understand. Anyone have a real life example... How much overtime is really flown?

chk5511
24th Jun 2009, 00:35
Mutt,

Thank you very much for your kind answer. I prefer the Falcon, too. Is it ok for you to clear followings?

1. Moving from the Falcon to the SV Airline side: As you said, it is not open to the non-national. That means, if SV has vacancy on their airline side(ie: A320, B777), the Falcon pilot has to apply to the position without any in-house advantages? :(
2. How many hours do the Falcon/Hawker pilots fly a month, typically? Compared to the airline side pilot, do they fly more or less?
3. Does 24 stand-by duties means 24 DAYS in stand-by?
4. The monthly salary is a sum of Base Salary plus Non-base Salary(guaranteed flying pay...). Is my understanding correct?
5. Requirements to get upgrade from Falcon/Hawker F/O to same equipment Capt?

Once again, I appreciate in advance!!:)

metro301
24th Jun 2009, 03:13
Bo,

You would get your base salary.

+ 10% of actual block flown.
+ 10% of actual block flown at night.

Then if you were to surpass 70 hours of actual credit in the month you would get the total of those hours at your hourly rate.

Example:

50 block hours with a total of 75 credit for the month. (Deadheads, sit time, standby duty, etc). 20 of those hours were at night.

Basic salary
+5 hours of pay for actual block (50 X 10%)
+2 hours of pay for night (20 X 10%)
+5 hours of pay for Overtime (75 actual credit - 70 guarantee)

Total for the month = 82 hours

Don't count on getting a lot of overtime. Sometimes it is there, sometimes it isn't. With a new aircraft, there would probably be a lot for the first year or so then it would start to dry up.

mutt
24th Jun 2009, 03:56
chk5511.....

1: For the sake of planning and your sanity, there is NO movement between corporate and line! Dont think otherwise, and never even dream of the 777/787, they dont/wont have foreign FO's. You must remember that this airline is 90% Saudi crew.

2: Hawker is a new fleet with only 1 of the 6 aircraft sitting on the apron, so its not flying. Falcon depends on the owners requirements, it operates FAR91 so no duty time :):)

3: It means 24 hours per day and a shared number of days per month.

4: The figure that i quoted is what you get without ever leaving your house or doing standby duty, i dont really understand what you mean by guaranteed flying pay.

5: The command path presently involves the airline, but that is getting cut, so i would expect to see F900 FO to Hawker Capt.... at some stage :)

OUR GROUP Supervisors, head management , crew schedule staff, captains, F/officers/flight Engeneers: Instructors,Flight attendants are the greatest peaple I have Known .......Sounds like eutopia :):):) Pity it doesnt exist today, whilst there are some awesome individuals, there are also enough rotten apples to spoil you day :E:E

Mutt.

(Metro, you are about to see a lot of new faces on the 1st floor..:):))

chk5511
24th Jun 2009, 06:06
Many thanks, Mutt & Metro301!!

1. Salary: I thought the salary is, Base Salary + Flying Pay(Guaranteed 65 hours pay + Productivity/Night allowance + etc). Some companies have such pay system. With data shown on the SV web, it was too hard to figure how much TOTAL I am putting in my pocket each month.

2. Do you have any info when SV's ordered Falcon 7X will be arriving? And when SV is going to start to screen the candidates for those equipments(Hawker 400XP & Falcon 7X)?

Have a nice day!!:)

chk5511

General Dogsbody
25th Jun 2009, 11:36
Hi,

I managed to make my online application and I received an E-Mail requesting Documents, however I cannot log in, the E-Mail with the login details is not correct and there are no contact details on the website, does anybody have an E-Mail address for any of the program administrator's any help would be great. Thanks

GD

mutt
25th Jun 2009, 13:06
Make sure that you are using Internet Explorer as the site doesnt work with any other browser :)

Mutt

alldaysushi
25th Jun 2009, 14:13
Hi Folks,

Please advise if anyone has actually recieved travel arrangements to Cairo for the 29 June, interview slots. Still waiting here...

Thanks

:confused:

askerl28
25th Jun 2009, 15:33
Still waiting for travel arrangements. I was told to call hotel tomorrow for reservation confirmation.

CLawrence
25th Jun 2009, 15:57
I received my confirmation today. I am going to interview on the 30th. In my email I was instructed to buy a y-class ticket and I would be reimbursed in Cairo. I am traveling from San Diego and the ticket is $6,000. I cannot buy a $6,000 ticket even if I am going to be reimbursed. Does anyone have any suggestions?

kp21
26th Jun 2009, 01:31
I had to buy myself a ticket for the end of May interview. Luckily it was cheap.
But when I told the interviewers in Cairo that I was told that I would get reimbursed in Cairo they said: "no no, you will be reimbursed when you come to Jeddah".
I am just passing on my experience, it maybe different for others. Just wanted to share that.
I would talk to Bilal before spending 6 grand on a ticket to Cairo.

mutt
26th Jun 2009, 08:20
$6000..... are they crazy? I would seriously doubt that you would get reimbursed in Cairo, the company just doesnt work that way! I would be extremely careful about incurring personal expenses with a view to getting reimbursed!

Write to them and say that you cant afford it! Ask them to issue a ticket! Even if you have to get to JFK/IAD and get on SVA!

Mutt

4holer
26th Jun 2009, 09:17
Hi Mutt,

I just received the same email.
I am suppose to leave tomorrow morning for my interview on June 28! I cant afford 6-7 grand either!
I emailed Bilal and told him I could not put that on my credit card!
What is going on?

Van Pelt338
26th Jun 2009, 12:51
Not to get off track but Al-Wafeer just asked me to buy a ticket to KUL to be reimbursed at the interview. Seems to be the coming hook. A friend had to do the same for an interview with a Chinese airline too.

Good Luck to all.

Cheers, VP

4PW's
26th Jun 2009, 13:04
Kudos to the helpers. They have been doing what they can for no reward, which is a big ticket in my book. Mutt, Metro et al, cheers n beers. And I MEAN beers.

In the meantime: Time critical, need to make a decision. Re-read life's notes. Compressed time horizons precede errors. Learn to buy time. Expand the time horizon, don't compress it. Reassess options. Buy yourself time, not tickets. Tough call, but just don't go. Call it a day. Look elsewhere. That's not a message of protest. Thinking so would be a mistake. You buy that ticket and sure as I'm typing this they'll have seen that puppy comin'. I'm out. Cheers, and beers.

PS The Chinese job advert said straight up you'd be buying your ticket. There's a difference, and it isn't subtle.

Van Pelt338
26th Jun 2009, 13:36
Don't shoot me please. But, if you have an ID still you could Jump to LHR or FRA or CDG then buy a ticket down to CAI. LHR-CAI $262 to $500ish RT.
Good luck to all.

alldaysushi
26th Jun 2009, 14:57
KP21...Thanks for sharing your experience, were you ever payed back, where are you now in the grand scheme of SV interviewland?

Mutt, Metro, Sincerest thanks. You have been great guides.

Did anyone who recently interviewed in Cairo, actually have travel arrangements made and tickets provided for this process??

My Interview date is also now the 30th, hypothetically if one is not successful at interview, who pays ticket home, and or the RT fare?, I can see that conversation with the SV HR team as rather thorny...

Just my 2 pennys...

Thanks again to all,

Sushi

Human Cargo
26th Jun 2009, 16:09
I too had a similar experience on Wednesday received an email for interview on Sunday.. Which meant i had to travel on Thursday tried to email a "thankyou but sorry too short notice" but emails got return undelivered so i called and spoke to them .. and explained my predicament.. And to my surprise.. He told me to by a ticket and come to Cairo, i explained that the only ticket for travel the next day was $6000.00 but he continued to be very condescending in his tone..."You're a pilot you can afford it!" At that point i had to come up with a quick "get out a jail excuse which he bought. I continued to fill out the App and send all the copious amount of documentation he he requested because really wanted to work for SV but after my interaction with BK and how he spoke, I have started to re evaluate my options..
Mutt thanks for your help!!!
WP4 Good advise is..Right on!
Be careful ...You get what you negotiate!
best of luck to all!
GH.:ugh:

4holer
26th Jun 2009, 16:54
Well I did not hear back from Bilal.
I am not sure who can come up with $6000 in 12 hours notice but it is not me.
Hope you guys interviewing later have better luck because now I can't make it there in time.

Krypton
26th Jun 2009, 17:26
Mutt or any one, can someone say who is this Belal character everyone is talking about, and are you guys talking about interviews for SFS or SAUDIA in regards this "pay ticket now, get reimbursed later" thingy, I just want to help if able.

4holer
26th Jun 2009, 17:30
Belal is the the HR Rep for Saudia.

flyby71
26th Jun 2009, 23:04
HELLO BROTHERS AND SISTERS

I thought I was the only one that received an invite to the interview with "pay your own way" but apparently not. I got an e-mail 2 days before the interview and as I read further down, I was surprised.
I do want to work for Saudia, but if the process of organizing the interview is so difficult with all the details coming in at the last minute, Imagine what the flying would be with this disorganized outfit.
For those of you who were lucky enough last month and did not have to pay for your travel-cheers and enjoy.

spierpoint jones
27th Jun 2009, 00:15
Some years ago a friend went to cairo paid his ticket ,got the job and Im 90 percent certain he never was reimbursed or it took a very long time to get the cash.

So plan for it, ask Mutt he will tell you all about the length of time it takes to get things done in Saudia. Aside from the lenghty red tape at the airline ,my buddy overall enjoys working there.

jones:ok:

kp21
27th Jun 2009, 02:06
Alldaysushi,
I am currently waiting for my visa to go do the Sim and Medical checks.
After that, who knows how long it will be before I go to Jeddah. Although, I was told that the guys who interviewed just one day before me (last May) are flying out this weekend.
When I got called to Cairo, I had to pay for my own ticket. But it was only slightly over US$500. So it was not a big deal. I flew from a city that was not on the SV network. So there was no time for them to arrange company travel. I have not gotten paid back yet. But I was assured by three different SV staff that I would in Jeddah. My gut feeling is that I will see the money only if I get hired. The way I see it, I got to spend 3 days in Cairo in a luxury hotel and visit a city that I had never been to before. All that for US$500.
For those who will be able to make it to Cairo, you will probably pass the first stage easily. Last May, they were very eager to hire us. Everybody being interviewed agreed on that.
Cheers
kp21

mutt
27th Jun 2009, 04:28
What a farce........:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mutt

metro301
27th Jun 2009, 16:54
It was the same way when I interviewed at the end of 2005. Back then, the HR office in Houston was still operating. I was called by the Jeddah office at the last minute to go to Cairo. The Houston office had my tickets Fedex'd over to me within a day. They also took care of all the visa issues with the Saudi Embassy when the time came to go to KSA. Sadly, that HR office was closed a year or so ago.

It sounds to me like Bilal might have too much on his plate. I know him and he is an extremely nice man. I don't know how much support he gets in making all of the arrangements.

4HolerPoler
27th Jun 2009, 20:59
Interesting theme running on Flightglobal -

This backdrop image (below), captured by chance during an Airbus event at the Paris Air Show, has sparked curiosity after it appeared to show the Saudi Arabian Airlines logo accompanying an unidentified four-engined aircraft. It briefly turned up during the event marking Qatar Airways' order for Airbus A320-family aircraft, as a projector cycled through several backdrop images of carriers which were planning announcements at the show. These carriers included Turkish Airlines, Cebu Pacific, Vietnam Airlines and AirAsia, all of which subsequently disclosed Airbus agreements. Saudi Arabian Airlines did not make any announcement at Paris, and the Middle Eastern carrier has already detailed a 70-aircraft fleet-renewal plan covering twin-engined Airbus A330s, A320s and Boeing 787s, so the significance - or otherwise - of the backdrop is uncertain.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/4HolerPoler/yourfile.jpg

But the image, taken from Flightglobal's coverage of the Qatar event, appears to show a four-engined jet between two other aircraft, alongside the Saudi Arabian Airlines corporate logo. Airbus manufactures two four-engined aircraft, the A380 and the A340, although it is realistically obtaining new orders only for the former.

metro301
27th Jun 2009, 22:16
They bought a 340 last year for special flight.

mutt
28th Jun 2009, 04:15
Must be a slow news day :):)

Mutt

metro301
28th Jun 2009, 15:09
Mutt, I haven't heard how much of a storm has been kicked up over the changes to the schedules. What is your take? Do you think the blended reserve will last past July?

mutt
28th Jun 2009, 16:19
Its not the 1st July yet.... so lets wait and see what happens, unfortunately i think that they are doing it too soon, they should have waited until Sabre is rolled out, now all they are going to achieve is chaos!

Mutt

717driver
30th Jun 2009, 02:42
Looks like I was not alone with the last minute travel shuffle to Cairo. I also was told to buy ticket which would have cost $5000 at last minute after a failed jump-seat attempt the night before. Sad because I had heard a lot of good things about SV and I think I would have liked it there.:ugh:

kp21
30th Jun 2009, 11:32
Mutt, Metro301,

Since you are currently working for Saudia, this question is for you:
Is it possible to commute to Nice or Paris when a B747 FO?
Is there a direct flight from Jeddah to Nice?
Thanks,

kp21

alldaysushi
30th Jun 2009, 17:32
Hi all,

Still in a state of disbelief with regard to the 742 F/O interview invite, and lack of "arrangements" thereof.

I could of carried this out, but would of traveled 30 hrs. to test and interview with 3hrs. rest. The hotel in Cairo had no knowledge of the Saudia account.

All in all this could have been a > 5000.00 mistake. I would like to interview, and pay my own passage with a little more than 3hr. advance notice.

While the HR dept. (Mr. Karim ), was very communicative via e-mail and seemed helpful, perhaps a little too much for one HR rep. to handle.

Does anyone think there will be a July screening?, any feedback appreciated.

Thanks...Sushi

MASsenger
1st Jul 2009, 06:51
HELLO BROTHERS AND SISTERS

I thought I was the only one that received an invite to the interview with "pay your own way" but apparently not.

One thing you must learn about the ME is that promises are made to be broken. If you are not hired, kiss what ever money you paid for the travel, goodby. If you are hired kiss it goodby too!

General Dogsbody
5th Jul 2009, 21:06
Hi,

I got called for interview in August(12-18) dates to be decided, anybody else get the same, ant ideas what is involved, I was told to allow 2-5 days...

AFD
5th Jul 2009, 21:14
They also called many persone for the end of june but later on after many of these pilot gave confirmation saudia recruitment disappeared
Is there anybody who underwent the screening at the end of june?

Krypton
8th Jul 2009, 09:15
Today 8th July, Flt Ops Jeddah, total chaos. I tried to get an answer to the "pay ticket now, get reimbursed later", no body here seems to know anything

pabloo
10th Jul 2009, 13:58
Anyone knows about the Hawker 400 job on Saudia? Any minimum requirements? Thank you

alldaysushi
13th Jul 2009, 20:09
Greetings,

Just wondering any more new hires on the SV B742 that perhaps can share their new hire experiences, and whether several more crews may be needed.

Safe Journies,

Sushi

japanam
15th Jul 2009, 02:54
Hi. I have been trying to upload my flight times into their recruitment site but been unsuccessful for the last couple of weeks. My computer keeps on rejecting the upload, telling me there is something wrong about their webpage. Has anyone else had this problem?

Gumby
15th Jul 2009, 11:50
Are you using Windows Explorer or Mozilla Firefox or something else as your browser?

Gumby

japanam
15th Jul 2009, 16:17
Gumby

Thanks for replying mate. Been using Explorer (the newest version) and even tried Google Chrome, against all odds. Somehow, everytime I tried to send my data, the computer rejects the upload based on some issue with the pull down (i.e. "Civilian or Military, Jet or Turboprop, etc.) choices. It just won't accept it.

I'm beginning to think it may be an incompatibility with Windows Vista or the new Internet Explorer or something. Has anyone else had this problem?

General Dogsbody
16th Jul 2009, 07:32
Hi,

I was invited for selection in August to take place in Dubai, I replied and asked to confirm dates and have received no response despite repeated E-Mails, the HR guys E-Mail is now sending an "Delivery to the following recipients failed" message, anybody know what is going on...:ugh:

Semaphore Sam
22nd Jul 2009, 20:25
Any hiring going on for the E170? Does Saudia plan to buy any more 170/175190/195's? Hi Mutt! S Sam

mutt
23rd Jul 2009, 13:07
They stopped hiring for the E70/MD90, no talks about any more of them :) But they might get something smaller :):)

Mutt

metro301
24th Jul 2009, 21:23
Smaller?? I haven't had a load less than 85% in weeks.

mutt
26th Jul 2009, 17:39
Metro301, that because the routes are chosen to have the load factor, now thay are looking at the ones that have crap load factors! :):)

SVA have suspended all line pilot recruitment UFN. Those in the pipeline will continue with the process, however there wont be anymore interviews.

This doesnt apply to the corporate fleet which are still actively recruiting.....

Sign of the times :(:(

Mutt

flyboy1972
26th Jul 2009, 18:29
Hey mutt,
When you say that people in the pipeline what do you mean?
I successfully interviewed at the end of June and was told to expect an email to come to Jeddah for the simulator. Does that put me in the pipeline or not? Also on their website they are still recruiting.
Any info is highly appreciated. Thanx.:confused:

Earl
27th Jul 2009, 03:51
Earl
This is an email that was submitted to other airlines that may operate into KSA.

All Electronic devices will be submitted for check up before immigration section.

Devices includes Cellular phones with camera and memory card, flash disks, external hard drive, Laptops / notebooks / pc, iPods, itouch, mp3 players with memory cards.

A special USB device will be inserted to the electronic devices that you are carrying. This special device can scan all videos and pictures, jpg, bmp, avi, etc, contents of your laptop / cell phones, and will be recorded to their main computer.

All devices with nude pictures in it will be confiscated immediately. There will be no fines, and refusal will send you to jail and deportation.

Laptops with pirated software’s will also be confiscated.

This rule has been applied already and is being practice in Riyadh, Damman and Jeddah Airports. This is excluding Bahrain airport.

Kindly include this in your orientation and tell them not to bring any pirated software’s, movies, or nude pictures. Even data’s that are hidden can be found by this device, so tell them not to bring any at all. The laptop of a colleague, a Sony Viao, which cost around 8.000 SR, was confiscated a few days ago, because of 1 semi nude picture that he forgot to erase.

Earl:
Maybe a good warning, but most porn or pictures come from the Hotbird satellite.
Maybe they should shut down the sale of pirated movies and software in the souks, but I am sure someone is getting kick backs on this one.
Scare tactic, the Saudis are not that good, any computer literate person would know that it would be impossible to determine a nude pic from a normal one, without actually viewing the file, just another game like the cell phones with cameras a few years ago.
So they will have access to any file you have saved on your laptop, banking etc, they are not that trustworthy!
Pirated software Microsoft cannot even figure this out with some of the office software, many mistakes made by them, yet the Saudis have the magic answer?

metro301
27th Jul 2009, 09:14
Mutt, what does this mean?? With all of the scheduled deliveries, how will they crew the new airplanes? Will they slow or stop deliveries?

mutt
27th Jul 2009, 20:30
how will they crew the new airplanes New man in the office, he wants to see maximized productivity of the present crews prior to hiring more. If they can show that crews are utilized correctly then hiring will recommence.

Will they slow or stop deliveries? Nope, see above.

As to those asking about how their own applications will be treated, sorry to say but nobody knows, not even BK.

SVA had the largest EVER management change about 10 days ago, couple of interesting firings, including chief pilot. So things are in a state of flux until people settle into their new seats.

Please note that the above only applies to the airline side, nor the corporate side who are still recruiting as planned.

Earl - total utter garbage, having flown through all 3 airports in the last month, there is no infrastructure to support the process that you are talking about, plus last time i check the airport of Bahrain wasnt in Saudi Arabia! Apart from that, I hope that you are well :):)

Mutt

metro301
27th Jul 2009, 23:10
Mutt, that actually sounds like an airline being logical and rational......:eek:

Earl
28th Jul 2009, 01:59
Thanks Mutt,
Sounded a little off the wall from the beginning.
Will pass the word.
For the new hires Saudia is a good and honest company that pays according to contract no exceptions.
Training is tough but once accomplished best job you will ever have, with days off and money in the bank on time every time, no exceptions!!!!!
They did lag a bit on the per diem a while back but it is caught up within 1 month never try and cheat you out of contract entitlements.
Worked for them twice over the years.
KSA takes getting used to, maybe for some not ever, but Saudia is a good company that pays on time, follows the MEL and Flight Duty Limitations, you wont get shXt canned there for following the regulations.
But would be terminated for not following them.
Pay is a slightly below industry standards , but job security is there, never heard of them ever laying any crews off.
Back in the late 90;s with the grounding of the Tristars, Saudia had 60 plus too many F/E's, every one of them that wanted to stay is still employed today.
Wont find that in too many other companies.

Krypton
29th Jul 2009, 08:41
There was an arabic note circulating around some companies in Saudi explaining the importance of intellectual property rights and that saudi customs will "continue" to enforce existing rules at entry points. Haven't seen any actual enforcing yet.

FlyingOrange
30th Jul 2009, 00:40
Not seen laptops or phone being checked, but have seen external hard discs being taken away for examination.

Actually happened to my FO, but they couldn't have looked into in too much, as while we were waiting he told me he did have a couple of 'romantic movies' on there.

Myabe they didn't check or maybe they were well hidden.

ShinjukuHustler
30th Jul 2009, 04:16
...Or maybe they liked what they found and made themselves a few copies :}

Hustle On:ok:

mutt
30th Jul 2009, 10:09
here was a recent e-mail message concerning potential procedural
changes at the airport customs when entering KSA. This message claimed immigration would scan ALL electronic devices to include cell phones with cameras and RECORD all the video and picture data files on their computers. The message claimed the authorities would immediately jail and deport anyone who was found with nude pictures without question.

The information in that message is NOT ACCURATE! We have verified with several sources to include MOI (Ministry of Interior) to determine the validity of the information. We were told the information is false and there are no such capabilities or procedures in place. According to MOI officials, there are no plans to change current customs procedures at the airports.

Security Dept, KSA
The Boeing Company

So which is true, the original email or the Boeing one?

Mutt

yogi-be
30th Jul 2009, 21:56
Just got a phone call from SV HR person about interview in Dubai on 11-12 Aug...

A few questions for Mutt or Metro... (thanks for the info you both posted already!!!)

Have they moved the interviews from Cairo to Dubai?
Do they do interviews and sim evaluation during the 2 day interview session?
Where does SV do the training for the H400XP's?
When do they expect delivery of the next few H400's?
Do SV crews ferry the new deliveries across the pond all the way to Jeddah?
Fleet allocation H400 or F900 is "negotiated" during the interview?
Could you enlighten me about the possible change in the 6 continious days off every month?Thanks guys!

Yogi

mutt
31st Jul 2009, 06:44
Hope this helps.........

* Have they moved the interviews from Cairo to Dubai?
SFS always interviewed in Dubai due to the simulator location. The airline interviews in Cairo.

* Do they do interviews and sim evaluation during the 2 day interview session?
Yep, written test, interview, followed by sim ride in B737 or Hawker 800

* Where does SV do the training for the H400XP's?
Ideally Wichita, but also UK if crews cant get USA visas.

* When do they expect delivery of the next few H400's?
2 in Jeddah, 4 will be delivered by end of August

* Do SV crews ferry the new deliveries across the pond all the way to Jeddah?
Nope, they will get them in the UK.

* Fleet allocation H400 or F900 is "negotiated" during the interview?
Yep, i would even say that the F7X seats can also be negotiated,:):)

* Could you enlighten me about the possible change in the 6 continious days off every month?
No intention to change it at this time, unless dictated by operational requirements. Its a different operation to the line so its not governed by the new crewing system. But ask at interview so you have official response :)

Just a hint, study the FAA AIM and make sure that you can validate your hours, get some stamp in your logbook, either from your ex-employer or whatever, but HAVE SOMETHING!!!

Good Luck

Mutt

General Dogsbody
31st Jul 2009, 09:39
Hi,

Thanks for all the details..

Have you any idea what a typical work pattern is on the SFS aircraft, do the A/C fly a lot or is there a lot of Reserve.

Is there many O/Nights away from base and do you know where they are typically.

The Salary seams very low, are there extras that bring the income up to the levels elsewhere in the Gulf.

Any Idea what the Requirements would be on the Larger A/C in SFS.

On the Six days off is it possible to travel outside of KSA.

Thanks

GD

yogi-be
31st Jul 2009, 10:34
Thanks mutt for your info!

Just one more question to see if I got the Pay thing right...
Sorry I'm just a Corp. jet guy, I don't have the brain capacity of a real airliner:8

Is it correct to assume that you will get 65hrs paid on top of the base salary regardless of the ammount of flying you do?

On the Corp.fleet, if you do 24h stby, does this count towards the block hrs? And if so, do the 12hrs night time count for 20%?

By the way, any body got a website with a question data base on the FAA AIM? Got a JAA licence and would like to know what the US questions look like...

Keep up the nice thread!

Yogi

mutt
31st Jul 2009, 11:55
I think that i should start getting paid for this :):):) 1 beer per answer :)

Have you any idea what a typical work pattern is on the SFS aircraft, do the A/C fly a lot or is there a lot of Reserve. Dpends on the fleet and time of year, no one knows how active the H400 will be as they havent arrived. 24 hr standby is the norm and is worth 3 hours duty credit.

Is there many O/Nights away from base and do you know where they are typically. Again, fleet dependant. But for the Hawker it should be local as it doesnt have the range.

The Salary seams very low, are there extras that bring the income up to the levels elsewhere in the Gulf. Capt US$80k / FO US67k basic salary, how does that compare with others for a 16,000 lbs jet? Tax free and housing free.

Any Idea what the Requirements would be on the Larger A/C in SFS.
Capt 4000 hrs (2000 command) / FO 3000 hrs (2000 command) Ideally time in type.

On the Six days off is it possible to travel outside of KSA. Yep, crew ticket issued on SVA route structure. Note no interline with EI or BD, so getting to Dublin will be full fare at your cost.

Is it correct to assume that you will get 65hrs paid on top of the base salary Nope, its not correct. Basic salary is based on 65 hours CREDIT TIME per month. Then you are paid overtime.

if you do 24h stby, does this count towards the block hrs? Nope, it counts 3 hours towards CREDIT TIME, so in theory you can do 21.5 days standby and start getting paid overtime :)

Got a JAA licence Be prepared to do the FAA exams, tell them at interview that you will get the exams prior to arriving in Saudi.

Hope it makes sense.

Mutt

General Dogsbody
31st Jul 2009, 13:18
Hi,

Thanks for all the details, I agree that the Pay is good for a Light Jet but for the heavier Machines it does seam a little low, do you know will they move people internally onto the Bigger A/C or will they recruit through this system..

Last Question Hopefully.. Its getting expensive and Drunk..:ok:

mutt
31st Jul 2009, 16:24
move people internally onto the Bigger A/C
Define bigger aircraft? If you mean G4 or F7X, then yes it should be done internally when operational requirements dictate.... If you mean E170 or B747!! Then forget it, SFS isnt a stepping stone into the airline, there is no defined transition path.

That isnt to say that it hasnt happened in the past, but i would bet on it happening in the future

Mutt

peterpilot07
1st Aug 2009, 17:00
you are asking the wrong questions.."living" in Saudi, JED, is a NO NO..there are NO alcohol, not that I must drink, but the hole atmosphere with sitting outside at a cafe and so forth is NO NO..ohh and did I say..NOOOO women..everything is devided up in men and women, the gym, NO women, and so forth..evry friday they chop of someones head or hands..TRUST me..you can not live here for long..

shalom..

mutt
1st Aug 2009, 17:38
What is wrong with some people......:confused:
there are NO alchol BS

atmosphere with sitting outside at a cafe and so forth is NO NO BS

NOOOO women BS

evry friday they chop of someones head or hands BS (Its not every week)

you can not live here for long.. BS......

Thanks for your contribution peterpilot07 :yuk:

Mutt

laic
2nd Aug 2009, 09:17
I thought of asking this in the "Questions" section, but since I'm in Jeddah at the moment, I thought this topic would be a better starting point.
So, completely off topic, I need to have the first page of my passport translated into Arabic and it's a must to go to this other arab country and was wondering how to go about it.
My embassy is in Riyad if this is the only way, but would prefer to avoid the hassle of going there. Could it be done here in Jeddah by any chance.
Tks !

mutt
2nd Aug 2009, 11:11
Never heard of this requirement for passports, but what the heck...

Go south on Al-Andulus street towards the US Consulate Jeddah, turn left at the consulate onto Falasteen St. The first intersection is Hail Street where the traffic runs south to north, just on the corner you will find an official translation office, they will translate the document with an official seal. This should be good enough to satisfy any requirements.

Look in Google Earth with Google Maps and my instructions should make sense.

Good Luck

Mutt

alldaysushi
2nd Aug 2009, 15:06
Hello,

Thanks in advance to Mutt or anyone who may contribute. Still looking for the inside scoop on the 742/3 program, if another recruitment cycle may arise and how did the end of June applicants fair.

I was invited at the last minute and couldn't put the travel arrangements together.

Mutt you are an easy mark in this relm, consistently thorough and more so gracious. Thanks for your time.

Safe Journies...Sushi

AXELYUDIST
4th Aug 2009, 10:01
Hi ,guys anybody know how to apply, A320 at Saudi Airlines,......... thx for info

RoyalEnfield
5th Aug 2009, 17:27
I need some help with the Saudia career site. I created an account last week but forgot my Username. It sends me my password but not my Username. I've tried my email id, first name, last name and other stuff but I can't seem to get in. Any idea what I should do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

mutt
5th Aug 2009, 18:29
Create it again and write down the important stuff :)

Mutt

411A
5th Aug 2009, 21:25
... translated into Arabic and it's a must to go to this other arab country...

Libya is the only one, so far as I know.:hmm:

RoyalEnfield
5th Aug 2009, 22:59
Create it again and write down the important stuff http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

Mutt

Already tried that and it won't let me create a new profile! I created the profile in our crew room in-between flights and I can't remember where I wrote down the details.:ugh:

BritishGuy
6th Aug 2009, 03:52
Royal - i'm having the same problem......... I've written to the webmaster about it and have had no luck!

goma
6th Aug 2009, 05:09
you got mail,chow G:ok:

RoyalEnfield
6th Aug 2009, 17:55
Royal - i'm having the same problem......... I've written to the webmaster about it and have had no luck!

Thanks I will let you know if I can crack it.

Sushi Muncher
6th Aug 2009, 23:11
Mutt, if you hold an FAA ATP would you be required to take any knowlege exams for the issue of a Saudi license (apart from type rating test and aural), or is it a completely seperate license?

mutt
7th Aug 2009, 03:43
FAA ATP would you be required to take any knowlege exams for the issue of a Saudi licens Dont know!!!! Some are getting asked to do it, some arent. Its a GACA thing. The written exam is based on the FAA test.

Mutt

poina
9th Aug 2009, 21:21
Hey Peter Pilot Head,
I very f@cking much disagree with you, I made enough there in 19 years to retire at 56. I'm sure Mutt is in the same shape. The Saudi's are straight up, and I no of no one who has been long term in Jeddah that would say any different.

arabrad
10th Aug 2009, 12:13
Could we go back to that woman thing.....where would you get one of those??????????

BadAndy
11th Aug 2009, 22:15
Mutt (or anyone else in the know)--

Any truth to the rumors that the A-320 deliveries just got delayed and the new hire classes for it are pushed until January? Or, is that just rumors flying around?

Also, anyone know how long the visa is good for, once issued? Our medicals hit their 90 day limit in about a month, so we'll have to get visas before that, or go back and redo the medical exam. But, if the visas are issued, how long does one have to get to Jeddah before having to repeat the entire process? Thanks.

flyby71
11th Aug 2009, 22:19
Get off the net Andy and enjoy some good entertainment down in the keys

Pete

mutt
12th Aug 2009, 03:38
Any truth to the rumors that the A-320 deliveries just got delayed 2 days ago i heard a rumor that SVA accepted an offer from Airbus to take 17 aircraft before the end of the year rather than 9..... Its false :)
Now you have a rumor that aircraft deliveries are delayed, well once again false :) First of 9 aircraft is due start Oct. 21 more due in 2010. Plus 8x A330's but not all in 2010.

I never expected new hire recruitment before Jan! The crew shortage starts to raise its ugly head in April/May when the number of aircraft goes over 20. Before that, MD90/E170 crews will transition over to the A320.

The HR Guru is in Dubai interviewing for the corporate side, start asking him the questions about medical etc on Sat, but please remember that the Holy Month of Ramadan starts around the 20th, so things get quiet around here..

Mutt

mutt
15th Aug 2009, 04:39
Considering that the corporate side offered jobs to over a dozen pilots last week, I expect this thread to get quite busy.... Well bad news, I'm outta here! Well at least til October. If whatever dingy bar i drag myself into has internet access, i might be able to reply, but its not high on my priority list :(

BUT, generally your questions arent new, look back across these pages and you will find the answers and remember a couple of things.

1: The holy month of Ramdan starts in 5 days, so tasks will be accomplished in a more relaxed manner!
2: Have patience.....
3: Work visas are required and the immigration will be working shortened hours.
4: Even BK is human, I'm sure that he will go home to celebrate with his family, he certainly deserves it!
5: Leave any "shoulder chips" at home, you arent coming to reinvent aviation, just do your job, take your salary and relax!

Have fun.......

Mutt

goma
15th Aug 2009, 06:11
Have one on me Mutt,Brgds GJ:ok:

BadAndy
15th Aug 2009, 11:44
Thanks for the good info, Mutt. Enjoy your time off. See you sometime "soon" over there...

jetflyger
16th Aug 2009, 18:06
pprune surfers...

anyone out there who recently was hired either on the airline or sfs side that had to make arrangements for the medical check in the US?

talked to one of the SAA HR offices and was told we arranged this on our own. If anyone has done it within the last couple of months, could you fill me in?

PM if necessary.

thanks.

Edforce1
16th Aug 2009, 20:54
Had a question:

How hard is it to secure a work visa? A colleague of mine has been waiting for nearly 3 months to join 9W (commercial position) but hasn't had any luck with the visa..
I'm sure securing a visa for flight deck crew is both different (in procedure) and easier.

Many thanks.

Edforce1

piloton
26th Aug 2009, 01:57
R u in cow coiuntry? If u r don't forget to call

skytrek21
26th Aug 2009, 04:05
Hi folks,

Anyone have news about the A320 recruitment. It doesn't show on line. I am an FO with 750 on type and 2000 TT. Are there any chances to get on with Saudia.

Romasik
26th Aug 2009, 09:33
I've never heard Saudia was hiring FOs on A320. They only need qualified captains and HR has lots of applications on table. FOs will all be locals. As A320s arrive Saudia will be fasing out MD90s, so there will be no shortage.
Sorry!:sad:

metro301
28th Aug 2009, 02:59
Is there any truth to the rumors about large numbers of resignations by senior Saudis?

I have been hearing anywhere from 50 - 80 Captains are departing for other local carriers.

mutt
28th Aug 2009, 12:57
50-80 seem high, Wafeer don't have enough aircraft to hire them all :):)

But they are certainly protesting against Sabre and voting with their feet, easy thing to do when you get an 80% pension! Will be interesting to see how many actually walk out the door.

But you have to admit that its an airlines executives dream, get all of your highly paid, low productivity producing pilots to resign and replace them with lower paid pilots with higher productivity targets! Especially if you CANT FIRE the old guys.

Mutt

BMAN1
28th Aug 2009, 20:02
How much money can a BE40XP SIC realistically expect to make working with SFS?

I've read Saudia's posted breakdown of wages and benefits but I want to know what a typical take home paycheck is for their SIC's.

Any replies from current or former SFS pilots are appreciated.

411A
28th Aug 2009, 20:12
I've read Saudia's posted breakdown of wages and benefits but I want to know what a typical take home paycheck is for their SIC's.

Knowing SV the way I do (was there for quite a long time)...my advice, look elsewhere, for a SIC position with SFS.
Ignore if you like...but...don't say you weren't warned.
SV normal line pilots?
Same, same.

IE: it ain't the 'good 'ole days' anymore.:}

mutt
29th Aug 2009, 02:55
Knowing SV the way I do (was there for quite a long time) 411A you crack me up, you left Saudia in 1990!!!!!!

BMAN1, nobody knows the answer to your question as they dont have any SICs qualified on the H400 yet.........

Mutt

metro301
29th Aug 2009, 15:32
Mutt, BTW, Congrats on the course! I just heard the other day.

I thought the number seemed high also, but guys are apparently leaving for all 3 of the other carriers.

For example, the fellow that had taken over as Manager of the MD90/E70 has already left to SAMA. At least that is what I had been told.

BMAN1
29th Aug 2009, 23:18
BMAN1, nobody knows the answer to your question as they dont have any SICs qualified on the H400 yet.........

Then who is flying the BE40XPs that Saudia has already received?

mutt
30th Aug 2009, 04:10
Captains........ :):)

Mutt

Smashy
31st Aug 2009, 21:00
I'm just interested to know; is it worth the jumping through the hoops to fly an A320 for Saudia at the moment?

EY763ER
31st Aug 2009, 21:40
Dear Mutt,

Its been excellent to read all your posts, and there seems to be little doubt on your accuracy of the details which you provide!

I had a quick question to ask and was hoping you could reply:

On international layovers, are flight deck always in good hotels?

Does the airline include a meal in the hotels?

Is it possible to get your own accomodation and receive an allowance instead of taking the compound accomodation?

thanks for all your time and effort!!

Ramadhan kareem!!

EY763ER

mutt
1st Sep 2009, 01:47
Yes (Generally.... Riyadh Sahara doesnt count :))....... but it depends on your definition of good hotel.... do you mean good standard or good location, and if you are talking about location, what defines a good location? Downtown Manhattan or a nice Long Island location?

Nope..... Per Diems paid per hour at end of the month...

Nope.... plus you wouldn't want to, the housing allowance is crap! 3x basic salary.

Mutt

EY763ER
1st Sep 2009, 09:59
my idea of a good hotel is good standard, thus 4* or more.

mutt
1st Sep 2009, 13:13
Then the answer is yes :)

But i find it strange, do you actually consider the hotels as a selection criteria? I would have thought that route structure would be more important! Not much point in knowing that you are entitled to a suite in xxxx city, if your aircraft doesn't fly there!!

Mutt

EY763ER
2nd Sep 2009, 03:57
the reason i was asking is becasue i am of the opinion that i dont mind flying to any country as long as i have been given good hotel acomodation (and for that i mean a good standard). All the other questions which i had have been answered by yourself previously on this thread (as so many people have sent you so many questions, and there is a wealth of information available here).

so, on that note, i would like to say 'thanks' for the time you have taken in answering my question.

All the best!