PDA

View Full Version : Saudia

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

jackx123
30th Oct 2012, 17:27
not sure mutt is referring to anything but seemingly steep to be making 30k/month easily, to which i agree. however, rating and experience has nothing to do with employment, type, or pic, it's called wasta :ok:

just read the gf crash report and you know what wasta means.

Romasik
30th Oct 2012, 17:43
Saddest aviator:

At my time it was 4000h left seat on Cat D. Some credit was also given for lighter aircraft. So, it may be not enough.
They don't consider Airbus or Boeing. Just weight and left seat hours.
Once again, if you have enough left seat hours on 767, don't break it into subtypes. Let it be 767. They may well be happy not to ask about details.

mutt
31st Oct 2012, 18:32
Group A - 12,000 kgs to 44,999 kgs MTOW
Group B - From 45,000 kgs to 159,999 kgs MTOW
Group C - From 160,000 kgs to 299,999 kgs MTOW
Group D - Above 300,000 kgs MTOW

A Captain hired into GroupD requires a minimum of 5,500 hours
of which he must have logged as PIC in Air Carrier operation:
3,500 hours Jet time on Group C Aircraft, OR
2,500 hours Jet time on Group D Aircraft.
Direct hire Captain whose experience on Group D aircraft falls
short of the hours above, may substitute 2.0 hours of Group C
time for each hour of required Group D time. If the required
experience still falls short, he may substitute 3.0 hours of Group
B time for each hour of required Group D time.

IF, and thats very big IF, you want the job badly enough then write to the HR stating that you qualify based on A.B.C..... as per the policy. Failing that, apply to Emir Airlines as a B767 pilot.

seniority is not an issue Actually it is, because its tied with length of service and annual pay increments.

Again after 90 hours double salary + the extras. This is not correct, MGT is 78 hours CREDIT HOURS, so at 90 hours you will have 12 hours overtime, not double salary. While the figures that you mention are obtainable, they are not obtainable by new-hires because of their starting salaries.

Mutt

FuelLeak
9th Nov 2012, 07:40
Mutt, I fly for Saudi Airlines. So if you are discussing the whereabouts of double salary get informed first. Most people in the A320 and 777 fly overtime to hit the double salary. They just do not have enough pilots.

You are also wrong on the new-hires salary scale. Seniority is accountable only for Saudis. Seniority for expats has effect mainly at the end of the contract and some perks.

mutt
9th Nov 2012, 23:51
To me double salary is the point where you have earned double your basic salary, so for the A320 the MGT is 73 hours, double that is 146 hours credit time, as overtime kicks in at MGT plus 20 and the rate is 1.5:1, that means you only have to achieve 128 credit hours to get paid double salary, not 90 hours as you have stated. For your information, only 1 Captain achieved that in the month of October.

As for the B777, the magic number to reach double salary is 138 credit hours. No Captain reached that number during the month of October.

Even allowing for the additional productivity based on 100 block hours, no new hire earning the amount that you are stating!

Seniority applies to everyone, you will notice that you get a 3% pay increment next Wednesday. So all of your salary, overtime, flight time benefits are increased.

So please, if your intention is to encourage or discourage people from joining SVA, please quote realistic facts, this will allow them to make an informed decision.

Mutt

metro301
10th Nov 2012, 09:44
Hi Mutt,

He is probably including pilot expense/per diem. If included, 66k sar is pretty realistic, hence "double salary". Not technically correct, but I see his logic.

As for 30,000 usd a month, lol, only if you included the Ramadan bonus for that particular month.

mutt
10th Nov 2012, 12:37
Again after 90 hours double salary + the extras. Unfortunately his statement indicated that you got double salary and the extra's. You and I both know that 30K isn't likely for new hires, and considering that most new hires will spend 4 months @ 50% basic salary and then 25% until they reach the required bond, it isn't fair to give people the wrong impression that they will earn $30K per month!

Mutt

metro301
10th Nov 2012, 18:50
I totally agree with you Mutt.

I would be surprised if even the senior locals are seeing 30k on a regular basis.

FuelLeak
15th Nov 2012, 07:02
Mutt, you seem to know it all in reference to the pay scale in Saudia. The fact that you keep track of the number of people who made double salary or not tells me you DON'T have a life. LOL

I do not care about bringing in people to Saudia or not. The package is generous even for new hires. You did not mention that after 45 hours there is a productivity increment and other perks like pay for flying on days off . You just tried to confuse with the MGT plus 20 and the ratio 1.5:1 and other BS.

Barry, you may be informed but you are not providing realistic facts either.

I will no longer participate in this forum and have no interest or time to spend in this.

To the people who complain about HR and its delays, Mr. B. K...m has been there for over 25 years and his HR skills are from the 1950's. A desk full of dust piled with hundreds of folders. It will not change and do not expect timely reply of emails, e-courtesy of any type of Western type efficiency. We are here in the year 1494.

mutt
15th Nov 2012, 08:19
xxxxx, you may be informed but you are not providing realistic facts either. It's extremely rude to name someone like this, especially when you are WRONG! You should consider removing the name.

The fact that you keep track of the number of people who made double salary or not tells me you DON'T have a life. LOL You obviously have never heard of Sabre Report Manager!!

Mutt

Airbus_a321
15th Nov 2012, 09:31
...the year 1494. :=
That's not correct. We have 1434 this year. :) 1.Muharam

richard III
19th Nov 2012, 13:31
Hi guys!
Saudia has nothing in it's website on flightdeck positions, are they hiring through a contractor? If not, what is the proper channel to lodge an application? Thanks for any info rendered.

Rivet Joint
27th Dec 2012, 16:05
Saudia's fleet has always got me curious why they operate so many types (some of them ancient) and secondly why a fair few of them are leased from so many other airlines?
My knowledge of the region is limited but it seems strange that the likes of Emirates, Etihad, Gulf etc buy everything new and always have the latest kit.

Acording to Wiki (yes I know not reliable) They still operate 7 743's :eek:. 6 of their 744's are from Air Atlanta and 2 even from Orient Thai apparently :eek:. Surely such a long established airline based in an oil rich state shouldn't need to lend of the likes of them?

jimmyg
28th Dec 2012, 01:07
First mistake is trying to make sense of just about anything in the Middle East and most certainly in countries like Saudi or Kuwait.

Trust me I have spent far to much time and energy trying to figure out why these folks do some of the obviously really bad business decisions. The best I can come up with is somewhere along what ever process some individual or group can make a buck. It has nothing to do with what is right or wrong good or bad.

Now granted this can be a pervasive problem with any venture. The difference here is it is normal and widely accepted (wasta)

In the end we must go about our own business collect your pay and enjoy your days off.

Whew! thanks need to get that one out every so often.

Non rev
3rd Jan 2013, 23:12
Hello all,
Happy new year! I just finished reading this thread in its entirety. It appears that SV is not currently hiring. They are however accepting applications for A320 Captains.
Can any one correct me on the info. I am a regional pilot on the right seat in the Great US of A. Thanks again in advance.

Earl
4th Jan 2013, 10:23
Fuel Leak.
Really have to disagree the statement about BK in HR.
Have over 11 years in Jeddah, 9 with Saudia, rest with other companies contract for saudia.
Flying and FCGT.
BK is an honest man and will help you settle anything if its within his jurisdiction.
I can say this about Saudia, you work there you will be paid according to your contract in entirety.
If you want to gamble, go to the UAE and watch how they change your current contract and cheat you.

jumbocpt
6th Jan 2013, 03:10
To respond to Mutt and Earl; I recently retired from Saudia after a long career.
Many years of searching, as we as contractors usually do, I find that the grass is not always greener; just a different shade of brown. When you get to the basic "ins and outs" of working in the mideast, Saudia has always been honest and forthcoming. Pay was never a concern. As pilots we all complain about pay rates and seniority, but thats life in our world. Most of us complained about free meals on board.
The double paycheck is very possible if you will do 110 hours credit. i was lucky in the past year to have a lot of deadhead time and reached that amount.

whatever was written in my contract and mutually agreed to was honored. My checkout procedure was must easier than why people told me they went through a few years ago. Just be patient and take a step at a time. The final payout might take a bit of time depending upon bank clearances and selling a car; but since i was a retiree; the weather in JED was nice and i had nothing pressing.

Good Luck

mutt
6th Jan 2013, 05:10
You are the end of an era, I wonder if you ever thought that you would retire here flying B744's?

Congratulations on the retirement :ok::ok::ok:

Mutt

jumbocpt
6th Jan 2013, 05:30
When i was hired at TWA, i was told i was too young for the line, so had to go to SFS, but the door might open sometime to transfer. Seemed that option would open and close depending on new plane orders for the line.
Came a long way from a light twin pilot to the 744.

Just too bad i didnt have another year or so to fly the '800' but thats life

God Bless all my friends and colleagues I've met through the years

flymoy28
17th Jan 2013, 11:08
Looks like they are recruiting again.

:O Contractair (http://www.contractair.net/public/vacancy_details.php5?vacancyId=540)

:ok:

richard III
18th Jan 2013, 01:48
Yes, they are, and pretty aggresively if you are type rated

mutt
18th Jan 2013, 06:45
if you are type rated The advantages for type rated people is that their release to line training process takes 7 months 29 days rather than 8 months :)

Mutt

Non rev
18th Jan 2013, 15:08
Any word on FO's?

condorbaaz
20th Jan 2013, 07:45
Could some one please amplify min guaranteed hours.
Does it mean that one gets paid for at least 78 hrs whether flown or not
Thanks

metro301
20th Jan 2013, 09:04
Non-Rev - Saudi Nationals only as FO. There are some Expat FO's here but they were hired awhile back and all had extensive heavy time.

Condor - Min Guarantee is minimum salary paid each month regardless of hours flown. The actual hour (68,73,78) amount differs by type of equipment category. The hour value is only used in calculation of additional pay, Overtime etc.

For example: If you fly 40 hours - you will get your min guarantee. If you fly one hour over your min guarantee (78+1=79) you will get 1/78 of your guarantee in addition.

That is a simplified explanation. There is also productivity bonuses and increased incentives that I won't go into.

condorbaaz
20th Jan 2013, 09:36
Thanks metro. Looking for a330 as p1...already applied with contract air. Now waiting...

mutt
20th Jan 2013, 11:12
If you have the hours to qualify for P1 A330, then apply for the B777, much better route structure and growing fleet that gives the opportunity to earn overtime. They don't care if you have flown the A330 or B777 before, you will undergo a full type rating.

Only downside to this plan is that you will be bonded on the B777 at 50% of basic salary for 4 months then 25% until they reach 100,000 Riyals, you get it back 2 years after release to the line.

Mutt

condorbaaz
21st Jan 2013, 04:36
Thanks Mutt..That seems good..will try that..Dont mind the bond , since I intend to stay there longer..

flyhuzaifa_a380
21st Jan 2013, 07:04
Hi,
Aviators just tell me as they are just expanding their fleet many folds:ok:, what is happening to technician and engineers recruitment in the first half of 2013.
Any suggestions in particular from the staff there is appreciated.......;) .

mauijim
4th Feb 2013, 21:07
Does anybody know the breakdown of salary for Saudi Air. I read in one of the sites that a junior B747-4 Capt gets about US$7800, and a senior Capt of up to $30,000.
Appreciate your assistance and Thanks in advance.

MJ

mauijim
4th Feb 2013, 22:26
Hi Mutt,
I noticed you are quite conversant with conditions @ Saudi Airlines. Would appreciate if you could give a breakdown of B747-4 Capt's income between Ist year, 2nd, and so on if possible.

Much appreciated.

mj

mutt
5th Feb 2013, 09:16
They have never hired direct entries for the B744, so no one will be able to give you the figures that you seek. However, I will say that you are confusing salary with earnings, the basic is about $10k, the top scale about $16k (But you will never earn this). Earnings are based on productivity, overtime etc, but as I said, there are no new hire expats on this fleet, so no one to compare salaries with :)

I will give you the same advise as the previous guy, if you have the experience for the B744, then ask for the B777.

Mutt

manfromnorth
5th Feb 2013, 10:33
Besides all the remarks about salary....contract details can probably be requested by Contractair.

How is the life as B744 Capt in Saudi as it is clear commuting is not an option and if not having the possibility to take family with you.

Could someone please post an honest answer...who actually work/live in Saudi.

How many days do you actually spend in Jeddah, living, accommodation and how is life in general as "single" there.

Thanks in advance

mauijim
6th Feb 2013, 06:11
Thanks for the response Mutt.
I have just been contacted for a possible direct entry B747-4. I hope it is not a wild goose chase.

Does anyone have information on interview and sim check details? Appreciate any help.

Cheers and thanks.
mj

mutt
6th Feb 2013, 07:00
I hope it is not a wild goose chase They are advertising for B744 Captains for the first time, so it shouldn't be a wild goose chase, however,

possible direct entry B747-4 to me, direct entry means that you are qualified with hours, show up, do a shortened course and are released to fly the aircraft. However around here that gets lost in the translation, there is absolutely no difference in the training between a qualified B744 driver and a non qualified one. You have to obtain a GACA licence rather than obtain a validation on your present licence. So bring a big big big bag of patience.

Manfromthenorth, there are 2 expats presently flying the B744, the others have retired, in some cases they were in Jeddah for nigh on 40 years, so it cant be all bad :) Because life on each fleet is different, it will be impractical for anyone who isnt flying the B744 to answer your question.

BTW, if you mean "single", you will have a great time, if you mean "geographically single" then it wont be easy.

They presently operate 4 B744's that only do routes to Manila and Colombo, with the usual domestic, gulf return trips. Gone are the days when Manila was a 8-10 day trip. The Cargo division will take delivery of 2 B748-F's in a few months, with a RUMOR that the airline will also take them, so this fleet could become fun or if it doesn't expand, it could be extremely boring.

Mutt

mauijim
7th Feb 2013, 08:05
Thanks again Mutt..

mj

condorbaaz
19th Feb 2013, 07:45
any updates?

rdr
20th Feb 2013, 15:06
hello chaps,
i've got an assessment on the 777 DEC on the cards. appreciate some help on what the assessment and interview process is about.
thanks

CDRW
2nd Apr 2013, 02:21
rdr check you PM

igig
2nd Apr 2013, 09:01
Saudia was in Los Angeles this past weekend. Was that for pilot interviews?

mutt
2nd Apr 2013, 17:56
It's a forthcoming destination with the 777-300

Mutt

igig
2nd Apr 2013, 18:54
So, no on pilots, just local staff?

VAMY
8th Apr 2013, 19:34
Hi Mutt,

Just had the interview for B744. In the T & C's MGT is given as 78 Hrs per month. Is this MGT based on credit hours or specifically block hours?

The same question applies to the Overtime Payment,Monthly Productivity Allowance. Would these extra payments be based on credit hours or block hours per month/year?

Any clarity you might give on the above would be much appreciated.

ATB.

VAMY
8th Apr 2013, 19:41
Had the interview about the month ago for B744. Can give you a heads up if you wish?

Non rev
8th Apr 2013, 20:17
I would like to hear your thoughts, gouge and prior experience.

mutt
9th Apr 2013, 04:10
Salary and overtime are based on credit hours, all productivity payments are on block hours.

Mutt

VAMY
9th Apr 2013, 11:13
OK Mutt,

Thank you for confirming that for me.

ATB.

VAMY
9th Apr 2013, 12:52
Hi Mutt,thank for the info on the credit/block hour details.Very helpful.

When you bid, what's the likely hood of getting block days off to commute?

What's the realistic block length of days off you can achieve on a typical month,if any?

Can you increase the block by using some of your leave days on a month by month basis,operational requirements considered of course.

Thank you for your help.

ATB.

mutt
10th Apr 2013, 14:41
They offer 5 consecutive days off in a row.

Mutt

King on a Wing
13th Apr 2013, 07:54
Mutt.
Please check your PM.
Thanks.

Soft Altitude
7th May 2013, 19:49
Greetings.

Any information on the monthly average hours flown, destinations and general lifestyle on the A320 fleet, will be very much appreciated.

abdulrhk
10th May 2013, 21:40
Hi Everyone, Here im gonna post my feeling right here with me about that happened between me and the air hostess who is sitting in front of me near the emergency door exit and she doesn't talk to me but she wanted to say something to me. i had just looked at her and we didn't talk a bit, but our eyes spoke a lot, i looked at her, she looked at me. It was a great feeling what we both had finally i thought to speak to her but we got reached dammam and i never talk to her and leave the seat immediately.. i feel sad about that and knew that i made a mistake.. i have to say something to her but i didn't... i feel so so sad... i would like to say sorry to that girl.. sorry for posting my personal feeling... because my mind was getting disturbed since i leave the flight...

Thanks for reading my post..
ARHK

rakedwings
16th May 2013, 16:26
Mutt, Could you please check your private messages.

yellow cab
16th May 2013, 16:32
Hi guys

Looking for heads up on T7 upcoming event in PARIS
How's the interview like , sim ride ,etc

Appreciate any feed back I've been with my old man in saudia city in the nineties
And we enjoyed a lot and he liked flying there very much ..
I came to know very good SV crew at this time ..

I wanna take a shot there myself ..
A lot of good memories

Is it still good place for a family with kids .?!

Thnx &rgrds

rakedwings
16th May 2013, 17:16
Hello guys,

Any help regarding the assessment would be appreciated.it seems hiring is contracted out now. Can someone guide as to which agency is offering a better deal.sigma is the one that is in touch with me.

Regards

Raked wings

mutt
17th May 2013, 08:20
I thought that the agencies were advertising and finding, but the employment is actually by SVA, therefore all the contracts are the same.

Appreciate any feed back I've been with my old man in saudia city in the nineties They were fun days :):) I think that you will find that the demographics have changed a lot and english is no longer the primary language, but that said, others have returned with their families and are loving it.

Mutt

yellow cab
17th May 2013, 12:33
Definitely .. Great days

Thanx mutt

Check pm pls ,,

DownIn3Green
18th May 2013, 00:24
Hey Mutt...

Are you still in the sandbox?

I'm finally done...sold the bar and looking for other (non-flying) opportunities...

PM me if you get a chance...Dale

Leboeuf
19th May 2013, 20:42
Can anyone share some infos concerning the schooling allowance.
My main concern is if the allowance is just for children living with you in Saudi or also if they are living abroad.
Will be a kind of reimboursement or is it payed in advance ?

metro301
20th May 2013, 15:52
Kids in and out of KSA. Only up to the 9th year. Approximately $7100 usd per year. Maximum 3 kids. Re-imbursememt after providing receipts and documents. It is really a pain to get it back.

mamamia
23rd May 2013, 18:06
Hi Is Saudi Reqruiting captains a320 and how to apply is it direct Reqruiting or through agency

rdr
24th May 2013, 08:21
all agencies are pushing similar contracts as this is a direct hire with SV and a one time fee

[email protected]

mamamia
16th Jun 2013, 11:32
which airplane is saudi airline reqriuting

Leboeuf
20th Jun 2013, 11:05
A320 type rated

igig
20th Jun 2013, 15:22
Are you sure? I thought last A320 assessments were in May. Most agencies now only listing B777.

yellow cab
22nd Jun 2013, 07:05
Hi all

Can you shed some infos pls on the T777 interview
Like which database SV uses for the tech questions and how's the SIM assessment ?!
The pattern , time window and venue OR any other infos ..

Thanx a lot guys and all the best

sandagain
13th Sep 2013, 16:08
Hi Folks,
Any information to share about Saudia Airlines, living in Jedda, working enviroment, etc.?
Any one with some kind of living experience in SA, Is this a place to go with family????
TXS,

Romasik
14th Sep 2013, 06:22
http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/354625-saudia.html

and few more on "Saudia" search request:)

sandagain
15th Sep 2013, 13:28
Txs Romasik
A lot of old comments, few actual ones, mostly regarding Saudia.
I am looking for updated opinions about live in Jeddah, family wise.
Any one living with family there?
Sandagain

sandagain
15th Sep 2013, 17:35
ExAMM757Captain
Looks like you are living there. I am trying to get information about SV and QR and also about Doha and Jeddah. If you really are there and know about ME I will really appreciate your opinion regarding these two options that I have right now.
No other option at the moment and yes I need some money, mortgage is killing me.
Txs,
Sandagain

Romasik
15th Sep 2013, 21:34
I live in KSA with family. My son was born here, now 12. We are happy here. Well, of course happeness is a very relative notion. First, it depends what place you compare with this place. Then, what is your personal situation. You won't leave Lufthanza for Saudia. But you will come at short notice if you don't have any perspective for job at all. All the rest is in between.
I came when I was desperate and the first three years I would start reading Flight International from the last page (jobs). I couldn't beleive I would stay forever. Now it's 14 years and I don't want to start all over again.
Majority of long staying expats here have been through the same development. And after 10 years almost everybody stays until retirement. You have better benefits and growing final exit money.
Of course aircraft type is important. A320 is terrible, although they are making good money. 777 and 747 are the best. 330 is getting better with new aircraft and destinations. It depends...
There is fear that with new duty and rest regulations they will have to eat into 5 consecutive days off. This will make huge difference if happens.
Regarding lifestyle, it's all up to you. If you want, you'll have everything. Family wise - also depends on family. Mine is fine.

sandagain
16th Sep 2013, 03:54
Txs exAMM757Captain
I am waiting for your PM
As soon as I get it I will reply you.
Cheers
Sandagain

sandagain
16th Sep 2013, 19:08
Txs Ronasik for this helpful information. I am gathering all opinions and will take the best decision once I go to Jeddah for sim and medical evaluation. Since you've already settled down in KSA I wish you all the best.
Cheers
Sandagain

fr8dawg
18th Sep 2013, 11:07
hello there!

sending this generic request about saudi's psych-eval, aka weeding out the weak, and medical eval.

anybody with some specific info please do share,

thanks

jumbocpt
19th Sep 2013, 02:23
I couldnt agree more! I came for just two years to save money and return to the "land of round doorknobs" but the cycles in the economy were not favorable and even though I interviewed with US carriers, that pipeline didnt open up favorably so I found myself in Saudia until retirement.
Good luck and have fun.

[email protected]

Leboeuf
26th Sep 2013, 22:13
Any chances to have a fleet transition from the A320 one day ?

777AV8R
27th Sep 2013, 04:50
I immediately resigned after my family was kidnapped. I was conducting a flight check to LHR. When I got back, I found my wife cowering in our villa. I tendered my resignation immediately and left.

Nuf said...its a horrid place.

Leboeuf
27th Sep 2013, 06:09
What happened ?

Romasik
27th Sep 2013, 08:27
Lebouef:

It's highly improbable, at least in foreseeable future. Saudia would rather hire from outside than promote expats within its ranks. The only case you may be upgraded is equipment phase out.
Things may change with local pilots upgrade policy change or management change. But for now it's like this.

Regarding kidnapping, it's something weird. I have never heard about it. First, there are no details at all. Second, it may happen in any country. Don't take it at face value.

mutt
27th Sep 2013, 09:38
777AV8R will wake up in the morning and delete that post.

Romasik, the highest expat F/O's hold seniority numbers around 1050, they are about 60 numbers from the numbers getting upgraded now, so it will be interesting to see if they are offered A330 F/O to E170 Captain positions next year.

As for an expat A320 new hire captain, he will come in at seniority #1600+, so theres a lot of people ahead of him looking for the bigger aircraft.

Mutt

777AV8R
27th Sep 2013, 10:08
Mutt:
Not likely. And furthermore; you used to ride with me to LHR. The kidnapping was the reason I left.

mutt
27th Sep 2013, 10:39
you used to ride with me to LHR True, so we know each other. But in all my years here i have never heard of any family getting kidnapped, daughters going away with the boyfriends etc, but no kidnappings.

Mutt

sandagain
27th Sep 2013, 16:27
Hi Mutt:

Could you please give us your point of view regarding ME aviation.
Gods and Bads, lifestyle, commuting option, Differences between Gulf carriers.
Pros and Cons, EK, EY; SA, QR.
Do you have friends on those ones.?
:ok:
TXS

metro301
28th Sep 2013, 16:55
So the family was kidnapped, but your wife was still in the villa cowering?? Who was actually taken? I have been here for almost 8 years and never heard of such a thing.

I find it hard to believe that an event of such magnitude would not make it through the rumor systems of SVA city and the embassies.

Romasik
28th Sep 2013, 21:18
Mutt:

I was talking about captains transition from narrowbody to wide. Over the last 15 years it only happened to expats with equipment phase out. And sometimes it was reverse movement - from A300 to Embraer.
Regardings FOs upgrade it's another story. They failed 5 out of 7 senior 747 FOs on captain upgrade. FOs play in different league :(

777-X
9th Nov 2013, 09:08
Can anyone say what the joining procedure is for new hires - when can your family come to Saudi, and how long does it take before you can get an exit permit?

Thanks

777-X

mutt
9th Nov 2013, 11:45
Roughly..... sign contract with HR and get sent to medical for Igama medical etc, your Igama will be ready in a few days, then you can apply for family visa, make sure that you ADD all family members during HR paperwork.
Visas are done in a few days and will be available in whatever embassy you stipulated, so theoretically family can join you within the first month. BUT do you want them to do that??? The answer is NO. Finish your training first then bring them, school year starts Sep so no need to bring them until then, not to mention that you may be bonded so school fees will be a nightmare.

There are some days off during ground school, you might be able to get home, but because your predecessors took advantage of this, many training managers are loath to allow people leave.

Enjoy

777-X
10th Nov 2013, 08:05
Thanks for that Mutt.

What about converting from a JAA/EASA licence to the FAA licence, can you shed any light on that?

mutt
10th Nov 2013, 18:48
Why FAA?? You will be required to do the GACA exams for the issue of a Saudi license, they stopped issuing validations based on the FAA.

777-X
11th Nov 2013, 16:47
OK, how does that go?

Romasik
11th Nov 2013, 19:25
You need an ICAO license to start with. In Jeddah you will do a written test, which is actually FAA written test (GACA regulations is a copy of FAR) and medical. You will be given some time and provided with facilities for test preparation. After the type training you do GACA oral and SIM check ride, after which you get GACA license.

777-X
12th Nov 2013, 07:02
OK, thanks Romasik.

yako
17th Nov 2013, 20:30
Hello Mutt

I heard Saudia planned to phase out the Embraer next june.
Is this confirmed or just rumours ?

yellow cab
23rd Nov 2013, 10:22
Hi mates
Any updates on 777 captain recent hiring or / screening
Thx

scubabri
5th Dec 2013, 22:16
I understand that there is hiring into the B742 and MD11

I was furloughed at Evergreen Airlines after completing IOE in the -200. I have an SIC type and only 47 hours in the aircraft.

My times are 4300 total, 2000 ME, 2000 Turbine, 3500 pic.

Only the 47 hours in the 747 were with a 121 carrier, the vast majority of my time is 135 and then some 91.

Do I have a chance?

mutt
6th Dec 2013, 03:56
B742 and MD11 I would be very surprised if they are hiring for the B742 as they only have one left. They were hiring Left Seat B744.

D 2,500 hours of which
1,000 hours Jet time on
Group C Aircraft or heavier. (160,000 kgs +)
2,500 hours of which
2,000 hours Jet time on Group (50,000-159,999kgs)
B Aircraft, OR
1,500 hours Jet time on Group
C Aircraft, OR
1,000 hours Jet time on Group
D Aircraft.

The MD11 it is considered Group D, so it would depend on how your hours break down.

Mutt

scubabri
6th Dec 2013, 15:29
1000 hours in lears... so I guess not.

koenig 218
9th Dec 2013, 18:19
Any guys been called for interviews in Athens yet for Captains or FO's?Would be happy to find out what we have to learn for the interview?If someone can help would be appreciated!

Alsp
11th Dec 2013, 03:15
Gleim, Asa

mickey11
16th Dec 2013, 19:13
Is anybody invited for the upcoming selection in Athens, FO's NTR (B777) with Boeing 737 experience?

koenig 218
18th Dec 2013, 12:19
Mickey

I sent you an email to your private mail,did you get it?

travelin12
20th Dec 2013, 17:48
Hi,

Does anyone know any details of the pre hire (Interview) Medical for Saudia? I heard GACA follows the FAA guidelines. Does Saudia accept a waiver for "Defective Color Vision" from the FAA????

Thanks,

TRVLN'

mutt
21st Dec 2013, 04:00
Does Saudia accept a waiver for "Defective Color Vision" from the FAA???? Your FAA medical and pre-hire medical are completely different things. Unfortunately the only way that you are going to find out if they accept the deficiency is to do the pre employment medical.

qs104
8th Jan 2014, 06:03
Hi Mutt,

Do you have any tips for assessment and written test for FO B777.

Thx

polax52
8th Jan 2014, 11:45
Sign up to the Saudia section of Latest Pilot Jobs provides the latest aviation vacancies around the world.-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com)
Read Ace the pilot interview

Be friendly at the interview.

You will have no problem....

If you have an interview then they want to hire you.

ANSALONI
11th Jan 2014, 09:44
Rumours have it that Saudia is opening the flightdeck to accomodate female pilots......any info???

ItsMeFromEarth
11th Jan 2014, 10:20
No Woman - No Drive... - YouTube When they will fixe this one first then all the best are opened

koenig 218
12th Jan 2014, 18:42
Anybody been called yet for the 19th-26th January interviews in Athens?I was shortlisted and asked if I can attend but have not heard anything yet from HR:ugh:

Capt.YARKHAN
20th Jan 2014, 03:28
What is the payscale like for Saudi?

Jason_Bourne
29th Jan 2014, 01:37
What is the payscale like for Saudi?

Depends upon the fleet. Saudia Aircraft are designated into 4 groups; A thru D.

Basically, most expats are hired into group "C" (A320) or "D" (Widebody). Everyone is paid in SAR, but the SAR/USD rates are fixed against each other. This means that the base salary for "C" is around $8500/month, and the base for "D" is $9500/month. Keep it in mind that these numbers are "Base Salary" only. There is additional money paid for virtually everything.

Alpha20
5th Feb 2014, 08:56
Hi i am first officer at Boeing 777 . I wanted to work in Saudi but wanted to know about the overall working conditions and staff benefits
Thanks in advance

mutt
6th Feb 2014, 02:09
If you are already flying the B777, then stay where you are, at least that way you will become a Captain someday.

wisedude
20th Apr 2014, 20:24
Dear all,

I would like to know if Saudi Arabian Airlines is currently hiring on the 777. I am type rated and current and would like to know what is the actual pay scale for Capt and FO. Is it true that you can have up to 6 days off in a row every month? How is the accommodation provided? What is the school allowance, medical insurance, overtime, etc etc.
I went through the different posts but there is no updated information. Are there any opportunities for upgrade or transfer for expats. What are the destinations of the 777 fleet.
Any information would be highly appreciated . Thanks .

mutt
21st Apr 2014, 04:28
Yes..
base for "D" is $9500/month.... productivity, overtime and hourly allowance on top
5 days off... with duty travel ticket on network
Compound accommodation, free, with free utilities
school $8,000 per year, usually not enough for top schools
medical for you and family, higher level for you, if US national, then its done through US insurance company
Insurance for loss of license and life included
Domestic, Middle East, Asia, UK, Canada and JFK/IAD/LAX
Having a rating removes the bond.

jumbocpt
23rd Apr 2014, 12:16
Hello,
Good to see you are still "on the job". Ive been retired 18 months and enjoying life, or trying too. in the US.
Any huge changes in the airline?

james

[email protected]

Semaphore Sam
23rd May 2014, 03:35
Hi all...
I am a Saudia retired pilot. I understand there is a new website where employees and retirees can get other airline non-rev tickets...I can get to the website, but can't figure out how to register and get a username/password. Can anyone out there help me with this info? Sam

mutt
24th May 2014, 13:31
Unfortunately Sam I don't believe that you can access it as it is linked to and accessed from an internal website tied to the employees personal information in the SAP system.
I would suggest that you contact HR LON and ask them if there is a generic access for retirees.

jumbocpt
25th May 2014, 14:20
Hi Sam.
i think you retired before the SAP system. Mike Davids from SV-JFK , now retired, was trying to work it out. send him an email.
[email protected]

jim

Semaphore Sam
26th May 2014, 17:05
Thanks to both of you! Sam

polax52
6th Jun 2014, 07:23
Just a word of caution for guys wishing to come into Saudia Non-type rated as Captain, the failure rate recently has been 100% or very near. The training system does not appear to be geared up to getting non-type rated guys up to the standard required by GACA.

F/O no problem.

metro301
6th Jun 2014, 21:49
Polax, what aircraft has this been on?

polax52
7th Jun 2014, 06:05
Mostly conversion from Boeing to A330 or A320.

metro301
7th Jun 2014, 12:22
Not a surprise, they were having decent success with type rated guys passing. The program is really not designed for a direct entry capt and a new type.

Flying738ng
9th Jun 2014, 12:13
Hello
Currently I am flying 737ng as fo , I intend to apply as first officer in saudia 777 non type rated position, I hav some questions about the same, please if u guys help ans me
1) the contract offered would be permanent or temporary , do they extend the contract on regular basis.
2) whom to send the job application ?
3) how long does it transition from fo to capt
4) how's the work culture and salary(benefits)
5) life in saudia considerin if you are a muslim
Any advice frm you allwill be highly appreciated.
*Thank you*
Best regards

Flying738ng
19th Jun 2014, 10:41
hello guys
no replies yet??????????
plz help

mutt
19th Jun 2014, 16:20
1) 1st time that they have offered FO positions on the B777, so unknown if they will be extended beyond initial contract, all depends on when local pilots trained in the USA start to return.
2) Its online
3) Ha ha ha.... never, not going to happen.
4) Interesting question as no one knows how the new FO's will be accepted. New hire Captain classes have a failure rate of about 50%, in some cases 100%
5) You might be in for a shock.

igig
19th Jun 2014, 19:58
I'm sure it was asked earlier in the thread just can't remember the answer. How do fleet transitions occur in status?

mutt
19th Jun 2014, 20:20
How do fleet transitions occur in status? For all extents and purposes , they DONT!

B747 Classic grounded, crew moved to A330 or B777.
MD11 grounded, crew moved to A330, B744 or B777.

Anyone joining would have a seniority number of around 1600, as fleet transfer is seniority based, it will take years for someone to be even considered.

Flying738ng
20th Jun 2014, 13:40
Thankyou for the information mutt,
Much appreciated

igig
21st Jun 2014, 02:07
So I've gone back and found another thread and read all 30 pages stretching from 2009 to 2013. I've gotten the impression that there has been a deterioration in working conditions and quality of life. This is due to comments like " days of the flying club over", SA "moving in the direction of the other ME airlines", roster changes etc. is there anyone willing to put this into perspective. Thanks.

Also, another poster remarked that the A320 conditions were the worst. Given that this is where I am qualified, could someone expand on this. Is it like the other ME carriers; lots of sectors, night turns around the gulf and turns to the sub-continent?

mamamia
25th Jun 2014, 16:05
regarding saudia the failure rate almost 70% to 100% no upgrade to command for F/0 training takes 6 to 9 months

polax52
27th Jun 2014, 15:42
Lets give an accurate picture:

One particular group

8 starts end of last year; 3 currently checked to line, 1 awaiting completion, 4 training terminations.

The 3 passes were type rated experienced Captains on A330 and B744.

The 1 awaiting completion was a type rated experienced A320 Captain.

The 3 Failures were conversion from Boeing to A320/A330.

1 Resigned during Training.

Other earlier Groups were similar. It looks like guys experienced on type have a reasonable pass rate, but the moral is don't come to Saudia on a different type. They want you to fly like an experienced captain on type and there is no margin for error on that requirement.

Training does take 6 to 10 months. There is no history of significant upgrades of foreign F/O's, so don't expect that.

CI54
3rd Jul 2014, 17:57
A slightly different perspective.

Training is the hardest part of Saudia, but it can also be quite fun. The training I had on the A330 was the best I've ever had in my career. The trainers had high expectation and as long as you are willing to learn and improve, they'll give you the time. Just don't BS them. If you don't know, just admit and try find the info for the the next session.

Over here, patience and respect brings you many benefits. If you are patient, you'll find many friends here. The Arabs love being a good host. They take pride in that. Just don't abuse it and they will try to accommodate as much as they can.

Mileage varies here. Some love it, some don't. If small things get to your nerve, there are plenty to prick your nerve. Big picture is you're in a foreign land with foreign culture. I looked at it as an adventure. Getting lost driving in the middle of Jeddah with lots of kamikaze drivers was an experience of a lifetime. Sort of missed that feeling.

The payoff is when they give you the star. After that life is beautiful. Saudis are respectful if you show them respect and with a star on the shoulder, they'll give you some latitude. That is as far as my experience so far...

Sky Hooker
3rd Jul 2014, 18:11
Absolutely spot on:ok:

rdr
4th Jul 2014, 06:04
Totally agree. Its getting through the first months that's tough.

jumbocpt
5th Jul 2014, 15:22
One thing you will learn in Saudi Arabia is patience. So many pilots arrived for training being used to the 500 knot lifestyle 'back home', of getting things done quickly. I was no different when i landed in JED in 1977. The pilot that met me at the airport was a 18 year veteran. He was a TWA pilot from Kansas City and told me to be patient and be satisfied to get one or two items accomplished on your list each day.
I'm certain the MUTT will concur with this statement. It was not an easy acceptance to the 'new' lifestyle for me but my door was always open to others and many friendships were created, that still exist today with the Saudi's.
I cannot tell you how many Saudi's have called or emailed me after my retirement from Saudia just to say hello and how is life being retired.
you can email me if you need information. Glad to help

james
[email protected]

and
5th Jul 2014, 16:42
Gentlemen hope you re all very fine,

Maybe an interview is coming up and any info about questions,simulator programs,tricks and tips would be very appreciated .....

Thanks to anybody will be helpful

Cross Wind 320
5th Jul 2014, 20:54
Never gave Saudia a second thought...

curious, do they have foreign pilots as Captains there or are you stuck on the Right4life?

Semaphore Sam
6th Jul 2014, 05:45
I came to Saudia a year later than jumbocpt (78)...I concur totally with his input. Many find the environment extremely frustrating...but, if you can take the long view, and not demand immediate results, the Saudis will respond positively. I have found the Saudis to be generous and forthcoming, some more honest than others, but they are not at all efficient (not a cultural strength). I said not efficient, I didn't say stupid, don't make that mistake! They, as we, realize our mutual strengths and weaknesses; once this is realized by expats, things tend to fall into place. One piece of advice...DO NOT put a Saudi on the spot for an immediate answer to a problem...they just DO NOT WORK THAT WAY. Small reminders over time will get the job done; confrontation will get counter-confrontation, and a shut door. As for the best source of advice on current situation (and history), one word: "MUTT".
Sam

mutt
6th Jul 2014, 06:25
Jumbocpt, Sam Unfortunately it has changed since your departures, the splitting of PSAA from FOT was a bad idea in hindsight, the synergies required to get people trained for the benefit of the airline are just not there anymore. We have seen 5/6 new hires (E170) fail a check ride on the FTD, followed by the 6th leaving line training before the check ride, this used to be unheard of.
The reality for any new hire is that he will be required to memorise everything from day one, without actually getting told what "everything" is!!
Training doesn't exist, check rides begin on day 1......
Some get through easily, for others its pure hell. But strangely enough once people get the star and the money kicks in, they appear to be generally happy :)

Hope you are enjoying retirement, new DG shows up after EID, so it will be interesting to see where the next 5 year plan brings us, but with a possible fleet expansion of 40 aircraft, the requirement for expats will continue for years to come.

Mutt

poina
6th Jul 2014, 07:49
Hi Mutt,
Things must have really changed since I retired in 09. You mentioned the MD-11 being grounded, I know about the Khartoum one, what's up with the others?

I think I know you jumbocpt, around the Aspen area maybe? I'm close by in FTC.

Anyway, hoping all the best to the one's still in Jed and the ones who have left. It was a great gig in my time.

mutt
7th Jul 2014, 06:27
The MD11 was always treated like a TCN, so using leased aircraft became more cost effective and reliable. The Khartoum aircraft was returned to flying status, it was ferried back to Jeddah and Boeing came to visit. Cargo operates about 12-14 aircraft, nearly all B747's 200/400/8F. Rumor control says that they have a couple of 777F on the way.
Financially its a better gig since you left, but the training environment has gone down hill.
Happy retirement :)

JammedStab
7th Jul 2014, 11:28
Financially its a better gig since you left, but the training environment has gone down hill.

What about days off in a row for commuting

777-X
13th Jul 2014, 14:46
Hi Mutt, can you throw any light on the training for typed 777 captains, failure rates, etc?

Thks

annizahcamid
21st Sep 2014, 14:29
Did anyone do a walk-in interview at their headquarter in Jeddah? I would like to apply for the position of cabin crew. I am a Filipino, with dependent visa. Please help me if you have an idea. Thank you!

polax52
22nd Sep 2014, 16:52
annizahkamid: If you're currently in Jeddah then I suggest that you go to Saudia Flight operations and ask. I don't really know much about the flight attendant side of things but I am pretty sure that you'll find somebody there who could help you with your application.

Ameedel
2nd Dec 2014, 18:56
Salam anyone here who has an idea on what to expect when you're about to attend training does a female crew need to wear a buisness attire or Abaya when about to attend trainings at jeddah thanks in advance

Guru8904
4th Dec 2014, 12:30
The careers page of Saudia defines weight categories B,C,D. Could somebody enlighten me if a category A exists and what is the weight of the aircraft in that category?

Baffled
4th Dec 2014, 17:44
To anybody in the know ref Saudi Arabian -
I'm rated on one of their current fleet - would a type conversion be a possibility onto a different type either on joining? (or subsequently?)

Have spent time in KSA previously so a move there, for me, wouldn't be the 'interesting' experience it would be for some.

safe flying

B

mutt
4th Dec 2014, 19:19
Abaya They will give you one until you get your uniform.

category A Yes it does, as does A1.. but the airline doesn't operate these types.

ould a type conversion be a possibility onto a different type either on joining? (or subsequently?)
Yes and No.... if you have the time for larger equipment go for it... after joining your next fleet will be as per seniority.

igig
5th Dec 2014, 02:02
Any speculation about the future of the A330 fleet?
What typically happens to the pilots when their fleet is reduced/eliminated?

mutt
5th Dec 2014, 09:28
The A330 just got here :):) Rumours are great, but sometimes its better to wait until facts come out. 777 deliveries continue, 787 next year, nothing about 330.

Crews depending on age will transition to another equipment. 747 Classic /MD11 guys went to the A330/777/744.

captainpluto
1st Jan 2015, 13:35
Hey, can anyone share any information about the working conditions, crm, management, housing, leaves, etc. with regards to Saudia airlines? Please it would be of great help.

c560xl
6th Jan 2015, 12:31
Gents, I have got an interview coming up soon for SV. I would appreciate if some one give me a details info about the tech written exam.:ok:

dboy
27th Jan 2015, 13:12
Hi

A quick question. Today i got a mail of Saudi recruitment with a link to download an application form. I had to send it to an email adres with the extension .saudiairlines.com.

My question is: is this fake or not? Because i thought they only recruited via their website?

TX

nosegears
27th Jan 2015, 14:50
I have received the same.

I have send my application in the website last year.

Lets see

metro301
27th Jan 2015, 18:44
.saudiairlines.com

It is legit, that is the airline address.

MAS2000
28th Jan 2015, 18:14
Hi guys

I have applied through their web site and I had given a user name starting with SVF....., then I filled out the application form, and have asked me to register on one of their vacancy, I choose B777 FO, immediately the automatic response came as it stated thank you for your interest in joining Saudi Airlines.
Now almost one month past and no contact or any update of whatsoever from them.

mutt
29th Jan 2015, 03:43
Apparently at the latest interviews in Cairo, they interviewed 50 people and accepted NONE. Its just as well that they are not suffering from a pilot shortage :):)

troff
29th Jan 2015, 04:08
Cairo interviews to skirt the issue of Saudi Visa. I did the interview 10 years ago- no sim ride and job offer in 8 minutes of interview after basic exam. @ pilots and HR on the other side of the table rifling questions- then "Halas!"-A job offer. Odd.

Skyworker
29th Jan 2015, 06:07
I have mine scheduled in Feb in Cairo. Any idea what to expect? Is it even worth bothering? Thank you.

Romasik
29th Jan 2015, 13:35
Apparently at the latest interviews in Cairo, they interviewed 50 people and accepted NONE. Its just as well that they are not suffering from a pilot shortage
Well, at least a friend of mine is waiting for a visa to come to Jeddah to continue his assesment on the simulator and in the medical center. Also he said that some of his interview mates were already scheduled for a 777 class in February.
That's from December Cairo interview.

Chocks Away
29th Jan 2015, 16:48
...they interviewed 50 people and accepted NONE.

May be getting things abit mixed up there I think possibly.

Yes the failure rate is high, only 50% of those interviewed are passing stage 1 (Cairo) but first of all, the offers to attend Cairo assessments are heavily culled from ones initial application and CV/experience. Many are not offered the opportunity to start with. Cairo - Approx ten per day are assessed and interviewed over one or two days as time allows. There is simply not enough hours in the day for more. Interviews monthly and Course starts monthly also, all types.

There is a big demand for experienced crew globally now but SV's is not the huge (and ever increasing) amount that EK/EY & QR need now. As an example, EK have a 5% attrition currently as many head home to BA/Virgin/UA/AA/Delta etc or take up lesser contracts closer to home (VA/CA etc). QR have two new aircraft per month arriving and need >300 pilots this year. EK need only a lazy 400 to replace the resignations last year then another 300+ to alleviate current crewing issues plus new aircraft arriving. Well you can have a guess about EY and their needs too. Then there is Ethiopian, Turkish Delight, Vietnam, EVA, China Nth Sth East & West; Korea; EU summer contracts... and yes Saudia with their "hat in the ring" too.
People are simply moving to where the rostering is not fatiguing and Terms & Conditions are more favourable for themselves.

P.S. Skyworker : No, not with that attitude. (Amateurs need not apply!)

MAS2000
29th Jan 2015, 19:48
Chocks Away

Good stat. really you make me rethink my decisions :D

Scott_T
30th Jan 2015, 00:47
Is working for Saudia commutable? with my hours I can only apply for A320 FO but if I were to get in and move to 777 in time would it be commutable to UK? or must you live their full time? whats the money like? I heard its big bucks

GearDown3green
30th Jan 2015, 02:52
Hi all
Trying to apply on Saudia website , but it goes nowhere asking National ID which , obviously I don't have, what am I doing wrong?
Tks for the help

adwa0001
2nd Feb 2015, 04:37
Hi all, received email for march assesment, but after i told them the return ticket cost me 1100$ no reply from them .any one have the same experience?

Adwa0001

nestorkelly508
2nd Feb 2015, 05:39
Yes the email address is an airline address which you will be sending to your email.. It is legit, a commercial mailing address

alloha
2nd Feb 2015, 22:12
this is totally wrong.in the December assessment out of 14 ,11 were offered a job 10 of them accepted it

BAe 146-100
2nd Feb 2015, 23:26
Are they accepting foreign F/O's for all fleets or just longhaul?

alloha
3rd Feb 2015, 13:37
it depends on your experience .from a certain amount of hours and above you will be positioned on the wide bodies .If you are a bus driver its gonna be 330 if a Boeing driver then its the T7

dynamicd
3rd Feb 2015, 14:38
Greetings everyone.

Can someone help me with the requirements for the above position. Is it commutable from south Africa (JNB) or does one have to live in Saudi:ugh:
Thanks in advance.

Chocks Away
3rd Feb 2015, 18:05
Not totally wrong info Alloha, just December was "a good vintage" ...the exception to the rule and showed a high standard.
Happy landings:ok:

polax52
6th Feb 2015, 11:31
The selection is only a small part of the story, if selected you are then on probation until training is finished. Passing training seems to be around 50/50. The housing department were told last year that 140 were coming and to expect around 70 to stay.

It is not designed as a commuting contract, they provide housing according to family size and subsidise schooling. You can get a block of 5 days a month to go home though.

numbo jumbo
7th Feb 2015, 17:22
Does anyone know what the upgrade for foreign pilots is like?

mutt
7th Feb 2015, 18:44
Does anyone know what the upgrade for foreign pilots is like? Plan on never so that you won't be disappointed :)

Scott_T
9th Feb 2015, 04:04
@geardown3green did you manage to get an answer about the application? I am having the sme problems any help anyone?

GearDown3green
12th Feb 2015, 02:51
@Scott
Got no news, still having the same problem , I wonder how the other Pilots managed to get trough it....

adwa0001
15th Feb 2015, 05:51
Dear gents,

I got invitation for next cairo interview, and coming from a hot country and used to lcc laid back company profile "shirt and jeans ", makes me thinking .wether a suit is required for the interview.or a nice pants shirt and tie is enough.
Appreciate for the help. Looking forward to move from lcc.

Happy landings,

Adwa001

metro301
15th Feb 2015, 21:30
it is a national airline, not an lcc. Not wearing a suit is a sure way to stand out from the crowd. (not in a good way)

alloha
16th Feb 2015, 00:54
@adwa001 i dont know if this is going to be your first interview but is a matter of proper attitude to be in a suit. i just completed the second part of interview with Saudia. All the members of the board were wearing suits.imagine your self not being properly dressed.they are extremely friendly they will make you feel very comfortably in interview and in Sim as well.there is no reason for you not to be in a typical standard . The instructor in the Sim was very relaxed .He told us to take off the ties and we never felt there was some kind of trick or a secret during the 45 minutes evaluation . After the assessment he told to all 5 of us that we have the green light and hopefully he will meet us again during training in JED.So if you really want this job dont blow it by not wearing a suit.

G.Green
16th Feb 2015, 01:02
In ANY preemployment interview with any airline the default dressing should be a suit. It defines the importance you place on the interview yourself.

adwa0001
16th Feb 2015, 05:09
Thank you sir for the input.i'll get me one and prepared for the interview.

Happy landing

Adwa0001

pilotede320
17th Feb 2015, 14:45
Anyone know what the terms and conditions are for 320 ca's?

The application asks for minimum acceptable wage. What does suadia pay?

Is there a race to the bottom?

metro301
17th Feb 2015, 18:41
Definitely no race to the bottom in relation to pay, do a bit of research. No one should really be publishing the rates on an open forum. They are very fair, some might say generous when productivity incentives are factored in.

mutt
18th Feb 2015, 03:33
Is there a race to the bottom? Regardless of what you desire to be paid, its a fixed salary structure for all pilots, no A/B scales. And as Metro has stated, it could be considered quite generous.

MAS2000
19th Feb 2015, 16:18
Dear Mutt
Could you help me on filling the SV FDC application, on the expiry date column they need it to be written in DD-MMMM-YYYY format, I have tried to put it like this: 19-February-2015, unfortunately it dose not work :ugh:. your in put is appreciated.

MAS2000
19th Feb 2015, 18:36
Hi guys
could anyone who has recently fill the FDC application form for SV, help me on how dose he fill the dates column in the DD-MMMM-YYYY format, cause I have tried all the possible format but it dose not work, every time the system keep asking me to write the date on DD-MMMM-YYYY format.
any inputs are welcomed.

mutt
20th Feb 2015, 09:24
Sorry, I never had to fill it in, so I don't know how it works.....

If you look through these threads you will find a recent email address for the HR guy, I would suggest that you send a CV directly to him. Good Luck

MAS2000
21st Feb 2015, 11:23
Thank you mutt, appreciated very much.

zerograv
21st Feb 2015, 11:40
Any info regarding a training Bond? How much? How long? Any info available on the subject?

Safe flying :ok:

mutt
21st Feb 2015, 17:06
SAR200,000 taken at 50% of your basic salary for 3 months followed by 25% until the amount is taken. You get it back 12 months after release to the line.

They had stopped taking the bond from new-hires, but due to a number taking the training and leaving, they reimplemented the bond.

zerograv
22nd Feb 2015, 00:28
Hi Mutt,

Many Thanks for the info provided! :ok:

My math works out roughly at 32 months to have the full Bond payed to Saudia. (FO seat)

Safe flying :ok:

mutt
22nd Feb 2015, 03:04
I actually don't know if they are bonding for the right seat. You will have to ask at the interview.

Chocks Away
22nd Feb 2015, 16:07
25% of basic pay deducted monthly from day of being checked to line, for 2 years or up to R100,000 for non type rated left & right seat. Returned to you after 2 years.
Type rated? No bond deducted.

Happy landings:ok:

mutt
22nd Feb 2015, 17:34
25% of basic pay deducted monthly from day of being checked to line Nice to see that they changed it, i saw people suffer with a salary of 17,000 per month during training and having to pay kids school fees.....

But the big question is.... who will be the new VPFO?

TriStrPlt
22nd Feb 2015, 19:15
Good email to send applications

BASIL AL-JUBIRI

Recruitment Team
[email protected]

alloha
23rd Feb 2015, 00:56
well IMHO i dont find it a very smart idea to post in a public forum the emails you receive from a national Airilne with full details. it would be good enough to describe the answer they gave you without getting so much into personal details.

brasgaucho
23rd Feb 2015, 03:34
ask for the application in word format.

MAS2000
23rd Feb 2015, 06:08
My apology, thanks alloha

zerograv
25th Feb 2015, 06:27
Chocks Away

Thanks for the feedback provided :ok:

Safe flying

pcaetano
26th Feb 2015, 04:58
I will participate in the screening process selection of Saudia in May.
Please someone could give some information about how is the screening?
Technical exam?

Thanks.
Paulo.

MAS2000
26th Feb 2015, 10:25
Dear Paulo
Wish you luck with your assessment.
could you please tell me how long it took until you have been invited for assessment.

Cong. in advance.

alldaysushi
1st Mar 2015, 22:38
Hi Folks,

Can Anyone tell me if Mr. Karem is still at the helm in SV HR., also on the web site 58 is acceptable for right seat ?

Thanks...Sushi

mutt
4th Mar 2015, 08:49
Unfortunately not, he recently had another minor heart attack and has (or was) retired. He will to sorely missed by all those that he supported.

alldaysushi
5th Mar 2015, 00:21
Thanks Mutt, for the update, he was truly a good spirited gent.
Are they still hiring to the 744 fleet, and if so, once the 744 retired, do you reckon a chance for a move to the 777 fleet.

Thanks again...Sushi

captainpluto
5th Mar 2015, 02:16
Dear Captain's,

Greetings, is anyone attending the screening for Saudia on the 8th of March in Cairo?

Kind Regards

captainpluto
5th Mar 2015, 02:18
Dear Captain's,

Greetings, is anyone attending the screening for Saudia on the 8th of March in Cairo?

Kind Regards

captainpluto
5th Mar 2015, 02:19
Dear Captain's,

Kind Regards

Chocks Away
5th Mar 2015, 13:11
'Sushi - no 747 but yes to all other fleets, depending on your type experience.
(Ditto, on the comments regarding Mr Belal)

Mak79
5th Mar 2015, 18:27
Dear Paulo
All the best for assessment I'm also detailed for same.
Technical paper is mostly from FAA ATP and Ace pilot.
You may subscribe to latestpilotjobs.com for preparation also and if you are type
rated then go through the systems.

Mak79
5th Mar 2015, 18:30
Wish you all the best sir,
Please help us out for preparation, I have assessment in May.
Regards

Range73
6th Mar 2015, 23:26
Hi can anybody explain the working roster for the B777 at Saudi, e.g. how many days on/off, or choices that can be made?

Thanks

Non rev
9th Mar 2015, 16:25
Any one here that has recently applied with Saudia? I am asking for those that have flown the CRJ 700/900. Kindly share your input if you have been called for an interview?

polax52
9th Mar 2015, 18:01
Non-rev: If you are a Captain with more than 2000 hours PIC on the RJ then it is worth applying, you may end up on the Embraer though. Less than 2000 then forget it, the GACA will not allow Saudia to hire you.

mutt
9th Mar 2015, 18:10
Narrow Body - 35,000 kgs to 160,000 kgs MTOW I believe that the -700 is less than the minimum weight, so all the time requirements would have to be on the -900........

Non rev
9th Mar 2015, 19:43
Thanks for the response. I'm an FO with 1,500 on 7/9 and 2000 on -200 :(

spinmaster
16th Mar 2015, 03:35
Any news/updates from the 08-Mar interviews. how many interviews, pass rates?:confused:

Vmaxx
18th Mar 2015, 14:29
Can someone send me 777 rosters
please....

Air Force
22nd Mar 2015, 19:04
Greetings, regarding Saudia I have an assessment in May, can you give some info about assessment thanks

alloha
23rd Mar 2015, 02:35
here is a review for the Saudia Assessment in Cairo.

Written test is a 50 Question paper mix of FAA an the Ace of interview book.One of the pages is repeated .Average difficulty ,some of them very easy some others a bit old and useless (aerodynamics etc). Multiple choice of 3.one of them totally wrong.Then is another 10 Q leaflet with a mix of basic mathematics and psychometrics .Even for me with a terrible relationship with Maths was quite achievable ( i answer 9/10). From what we have been heard they are looking for an average of 60-70% in both papers.You will wait for an hour or so until they have the results.13 out of 14 from my group passed to the interview.
2 boards of five ,you will be picked by one .If you are rated in one of Saudia's type expect lots of Questions on the type .they are extremely calm and polite.if you dont know the answer just say it.they will help you get to the answer.If you are TR interview will last around 45-50 minutes, otherwise 25-30.Non TR pliots expect questions about meteorology atc general knowledge etc etc. They will have a 5 minute break.if u are successful they will congratulate you and welcome you to Saudia. Immediately they will assign you to the 330 (if you are F/O with Airbus experience) or to the B777 (if you are a Boeing guy).If you are a captain without wide body experience then expect ONLY the A320.They are very strict with wide body experience .If you have wide body TR on Boeing you will get the B777,otherwise all the A330/340 are assigned to the A330.

Next day early in the morning they will pick you up for medical check in Egypt Air Med Center . DO FASTEN even if they dont tell you to do so.We were 5 and we spent 4 hours. Usual medical check plus 2 interviews with two different psychologists (very friendly ,nothing to worry about):ok:
Results from urine and blood test will be send to Saudia within the next 10 days ,so they have nothing to do with the Sim check which is the next day

Sim is a formality .Even TR in the 320 you will have the assessment in the 777.basic things. take off from 34L in JED (Wx is 270/10 Cavok) auto pilot and auto thrust ON,some vectors and a FD ILS (they ask you for manual flight before interception but auto thrust still ON with a go around (TR guys had a WS alert at 100 ft) .coming back for the same drill with full stop landing..Take off engine failure .Auto pilot and auto thrust remain on .coming in for landing they will give you some kind of fire that requires an evacuation after landing.They dont want you to fly the sim.they are looking for CRM and situational awareness .Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere in the sim. we were 3 plus the instructor and we were laughing to death.So the hard part is the interview and the exams.

The instructor immediately told us that we have the green light.Then you will have to wait for the Med results.(10-12 days) and they will send you the initial job offer (NOT THE CONTRACT ) along with a visa number . Then its up to the Saudi embassy of your country and the requested documents for issuing the work permit.

Thats it.All in all a pleasant experience with very friendly people in the HR department and the interview board as well.They need pilots desperately but they maintain some standards .From my group 10/13 got a job offer but the very next week it was 3/9 and as i heard the ratio of successful candidates is between 30-45%.

Vmaxx
23rd Mar 2015, 14:25
Thanks for all...

Have you seen B777 roster ?

mutt
23rd Mar 2015, 16:31
Why do you want a roster? You won't come online for at least 6 months, so the roster will have no relation to what you can expect in the autumn or even next summer.

Air Force
24th Mar 2015, 04:10
Dear alloha,

Thanks a lot for the feedback.:ok:

Blue system
25th Mar 2015, 13:04
Hi!
Whats the average salary for a DEC on the 320 everything included?
Is there any additional perks, ie housing, pension etc...?

Thanks!

HERC
25th Mar 2015, 15:45
Whats the take home salary for DEC A330? :)

captainpluto
25th Mar 2015, 19:23
Does anyone know the take home salary for a first officer on the 777?

Flying738ng
26th Mar 2015, 06:08
Its kinda unsaid rule, but no one discusses salary on the blog,

adwa0001
26th Mar 2015, 09:33
Hi guys,
Just want to add up alloha info.
Im one of fo who got interviewed in cairo on 10.03.
No info regarding salary or benefits,but we can find it online,They probably will send it with the results together.
And if you have one free day,please see the pyramids if you havent. Once in a live time experience,but once is more than enough ;)

mutt
26th Mar 2015, 17:00
take home salary for a first officer on the 777? I don't know if any direct hire FO's have actually qualified on the 777 yet, so it might be hard to get salary information from any source.
As for the 320/330, its and agreement between posters on here that it won't be discussed in a public forum.

Mnsthepilot
26th Mar 2015, 17:38
any news about the results of the assessment in Cairo on the 10 march ?
I mean are they going to call to give results soon ?

rdr
29th Mar 2015, 05:24
Yes, direct hire F/O's have just qualified, those with type ratings though.
As for the money, this must be the least of your concerns if you plan to fly here. Fitting in and clearing your training programme is tops.

metro301
31st Mar 2015, 21:14
Flyboy..... delete it please. If you really feel the need to disclose this information, how about just sending him a PM?

Chocks Away
31st Mar 2015, 23:40
:ugh:
Looks like he's a typical Singaporean...
:ugh:

polax52
1st Apr 2015, 03:17
It's getting better Flyboy, Now just delete the third paragraph.....Thanks.

It looks like Emirates are about to pay out nearly 6 months salary in Profit sharing, I would suggest that the pay there as a result will be significantly more than Saudia pay.

mutt
1st Apr 2015, 20:06
It looks like Emirates are about to pay out nearly 6 months salary in Profit sharing, hey thats a really cruel April Fools joke......

Sky Hooker
1st Apr 2015, 20:25
Hi Mutt,

Not fair. Was about to give my Crack at it.
You killed it:ok:

polax52
2nd Apr 2015, 05:31
Well, as of yesterday the Emirates guys know what they're getting and there have been no denials from them.

There management are now in fear of hemorrhaging Pilots, with 20 deliveries this year. Despite what some posters think they are not ignorant and nor are they suicidal.

Chocks Away
2nd Apr 2015, 11:36
In fear of "haemorrhaging"...
The past tense term "haemorrhaged" would be more apt I believe. They are 400 pilots down from last year already, before considering further employment for growth. Hence their T's & C's have changed in stealth yet again, to overcome crewing shortfalls. The only answer for there is for heads to roll in a major clean out of the management, who actually created their mess. The other ME operators I hope are watching and learning what NOT to do... It's a perfect study case of how to ruin an airline.

zerograv
2nd Apr 2015, 12:39
Hello Metro301,

Six years ago you mentioned ...
6 blocked days off in a row each month.
If you don't mind me asking, does your "quote" still aplies in current times?

Regarding the licence, what does it happen? One ends getting a GACA Licence, or a Validation of the licence he currently has?

polax52
2nd Apr 2015, 12:59
Hello Metro301,

Regarding the licence, what does it happen? One ends getting a GACA Licence, or a Validation of the licence he currently has?

5 blocked days and a GACA license

zerograv
2nd Apr 2015, 14:10
Hi Polax52

Many Thanks!!! :ok:

mutt
2nd Apr 2015, 15:32
In fear of "haemorrhaging"...
The past tense term "haemorrhaged" would be more apt I believe. They are 400 pilots down from last year already, before considering further employment for growth. Hence their T's & C's have changed in stealth yet again, to overcome crewing shortfalls. The only answer for there is for heads to roll in a major clean out of the management, who actually created their mess. The other ME operators I hope are watching and learning what NOT to do... It's a perfect study case of how to ruin an airline. I'm confused, Is this referring to Saudia or Emirates?

Chocks Away
2nd Apr 2015, 18:26
EK mutt, not SV. :ok:

gazze7
7th Apr 2015, 16:18
Anyone going to Cairo this 14 April?

gazze7
9th Apr 2015, 05:30
I am having my screening session this 14th.
Praying harder to join this beautiful airlines.
Amin.

metro301
9th Apr 2015, 21:12
Down to 5 days now on average.

Hello Metro301,

Flyboy_SG
10th Apr 2015, 07:43
I had it on 14th. Couldn't make it. So rescheduled it to June.
All the best to you guys. Let us know how it went.

Cheers

zerograv
10th Apr 2015, 18:01
Thank you Metro301 :ok:

It used to be slightly better some years ago ...

What do you mean with "5 on average"? There are months in which it can be less than 5 days?

Cheers

mutt
10th Apr 2015, 18:47
What do you mean with "5 on average"? Thanks to those nice people from Lufthansa Consulting and Sabre Aviation Solutions :(

"Industry Best Practices" my a5se!

If you have a line that goes over into a new month and your days off were 1-5 of that next month, then you will lose some of them.