PDA

View Full Version : Saudia

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

BritishGuy
2nd Sep 2009, 04:30
Did you manage to work out how to log on then?? I'm having major problems. I've written to the webmaster many times but no joy.

Desert Diner
2nd Sep 2009, 06:35
and for that i mean a good standard

Most hotels tend to have relatively clean sheets, so I guess that must be a good standard.:bored:

mutt
2nd Sep 2009, 11:41
British guy..... use IE6 or greater....... nothing else....

EY767ER, glad that i could help :ok:

Mutt

asia757
3rd Sep 2009, 04:32
I think I have read most of the posts on Saudi Airlines, but maybe I missed something somewhere!

Can anyone tell me what is being asked in the interview? What is the sim profile and what equipment is being used for the evaluation for the A320 captain jobs? What are the medical issues which might keep someone from being hired. Are the written test questions directly from the FAA ATP Test quide or is it expanded to include NAT Track, RVSM, ETOP's, etc?

Sorry if these questions were answered somewhere else, if they were please direct me to the right post or source.

Smashy
6th Sep 2009, 13:41
I asked this once but didn't get a response so I'll rephrase it;

I there an expat Brit who would be willing to share their experiences of SV.

pm me

thanks

AXELYUDIST
7th Sep 2009, 11:59
Hi guys,anybody know about interview at saudi airlines ,written test,interview,and sim ride etc [ capt a320 ]
my turn at oktober,thanks :ok:

lucille
11th Sep 2009, 20:17
Strange as it may seem to an office wallah, the quality of hotels are really important. They define the quality of ones rest and therefore the fitness of a crew to operate.

This point is overlooked by all the bean counters in their zeal to save the company 20 halalas.

Poor rest = reduced safety. Now how difficult is that to understand?

Surprising as it may seem to all of us who actually fly for a living, this concept is as difficult to grasp as Einstein's Theory of Relativity to the chaps who work in offices and who go to bed at 10 pm every night and sleep soundly with a gut full of sid.

mutt
22nd Sep 2009, 08:10
Yahoo.... holidays over, Ramadan over, EID over...... Let the chaos continue :)

1st A320 due in 2 weeks, 9 before the end of the year. 1st expat Captain class starts 2nd week Oct in TLS. B747C FO AND FE class starts around the same week.

A320 Captain interviews in Oct, I believe in Jeddah.
SFS Captain/FO interviews in Nov, in Dubai.

The one thing that puzzles me is that of the 20 crew hired in the last couple of months, NO ONE is bitching on pprune :)

Mutt

sleepypilot
22nd Sep 2009, 09:23
gmorning Mutt,
newcomer on this thread, with a question.
Do you expect any openings for 777 Dec positions in the near future?

mutt
22nd Sep 2009, 09:43
Do you expect any openings for 777 Dec positions in the near future? Not a hope, locals only.

Mutt

sleepypilot
22nd Sep 2009, 12:37
thanks.
Scrolling through previous posts, you mention you know little on the Falcon and that it operates under some type of FAR (can't remember). But I imagine it won't be too far, in terms of conditions, from the SV contract.
What is your opinion?

mutt
22nd Sep 2009, 15:02
Falcon 900 operates under FAR91, Falcon 7X operates under FAR135. The contract is the same as the airline with the same salary structure based upon aircraft weight.

Mutt

sleepypilot
22nd Sep 2009, 15:21
ok, I'll search for the meaning of those FARs.
thanks

mutt
22nd Sep 2009, 15:44
FAR91 operating a private aircraft for the owner, not for hire or reward.

FAR135 Non schedule operations for hire or reward.

From pilots point of view, FAR 91 has no duty time limitations, FAR135 has!

Mutt

alldaysushi
26th Sep 2009, 16:40
Hello,

Can anyone shed light on whether SV is, or maybe will be looking for classic guys again.

Thanks again...

mutt
26th Sep 2009, 18:33
Thought they were still interviewing FO's..... No more FE's...

Mutt

mutt
28th Sep 2009, 08:04
Finally, its nice when 2 years of work comes alive... :):)

http://www.flightglobal.com/airspace/photos/pjp/images/34650/a320-msn4015-sva-edhi.jpg

Mutt

sleepypilot
28th Sep 2009, 13:52
thanks for the explanation

cantbeafoolinlove
28th Sep 2009, 16:06
Hi Mutt,
Is that the SV Owned 320? also the tail livery is a temporary one or its a new livery?
CBAFIL

mutt
28th Sep 2009, 16:22
Its owned by a leasing company, but Saudia operated, its not a new scheme, they just hadnt finished painting it...... Expect it in Jeddah on Friday and rapidly followed by 8 more :)

BTW, note the single overwing emergency exit, lots of rumors as to why it doesn't have two exits, but the fact is that it only has 136 seats! The SVA aircraft (not leased) will have even less :)

Mutt

BadAndy
28th Sep 2009, 16:50
BTW, note the single overwing emergency exit, lots of rumors as to why it doesn't have two exits,

Three words -- COMFORTABLE SEAT PITCH (even in coach...). Can't wait to see it on Friday. Mutt, if we're sitting around waiting for class, do you know if we can come out to the hangar and see it on Friday?

Beeraz
1st Oct 2009, 15:37
Hi guys,
Any news from the BE40 recruitment? Do they still need pilots or are they full now?

mutt
1st Oct 2009, 16:41
Still ongoing...... interviews in Nov or Jan...

Mutt

mutt
2nd Oct 2009, 17:28
Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia), Saudi Arabia’s national airline, has taken the delivery of its first Airbus A320 becoming the newest operator of the aircraft. The aircraft was acquired under a long term lease agreement with ALAFCO.

The A320 will be deployed on routes in the region, to Europe and to the Indian subcontinent, from Saudia’s hub in Riyadh. Depending on configuration, the A320-200s, will seat between 120 and 132 passengers in two-classes. The aircraft are powered by CFM56 engines.

Arrives in Jeddah tonight, 4 by the end of the month, 9 by the end of the year:ok:

BTW, as the A320 fleet increases, the leased fleet will decrease, 2x 757's will go Jan 1, the other 2 on Jun 1..... For those contractors with Atlas, be warned......

Mutt

411A
2nd Oct 2009, 23:34
...the leased fleet will decrease
And, so it goes...ain't changed much in twenty five years...and more.
Ebb...and flow, with leased-in aircraft.
No surprise, except for the uninformed.:}

744 NOMAD
3rd Oct 2009, 12:00
Hi Guys,

I have screening with Saudi Arabian Airlines in Jeddah next week for Captain A320 or FO B744.

Anyone have any "gouges" for the Technical Quiz, the Interview and the Sim Profiles.

Anything appreciated!
Cheers,
Nomad

mutt
3rd Oct 2009, 18:02
FO B744.......... No you are NOT.......... CLASSIC 747.

Mutt

flyboy1972
3rd Oct 2009, 19:20
Hey Mutt,
Do you have any idea when the next 747 FO class might start??
Thanks

mutt
3rd Oct 2009, 19:37
Next Saturday.

Mutt

744 NOMAD
4th Oct 2009, 11:17
Mutt,

Re: Saudi Arabian Airlines Screening.

Thanks for that. I did not realise still had B747 classic with major ME airlines. After 9 yrs/6000 hrs+ on the B744 would not be an easy way back to the steam gauges.

Guys
Any info/gouges on the Test Quiz, Inerviews (Tech and HR) and Sim profiles/airport in use? Assume Jeddah?

Thanks,
Nomad

AXELYUDIST
8th Oct 2009, 13:22
The first day,you are arrived at airport, nobody pick you to the hotel ,and even no reservation at hotel .
The second day,written test at Prince Sultan Academy,50 question[ about basic aerodinamic ,ppl cpl etc] ACE technical pilot interv + aptitude test 10 quest.
After you pass that written test, min 70% ,you prepare for interview [basic quest,asda t/o segment etc].
I think they still discriminate about your colour: white, black or yellow,green etc.
Last part, you have to do sim test and medical.
Happy landing at Jeddah :D

man2222226
8th Oct 2009, 15:03
Is there any posibility for job for maintance or technical for fresh graduates. i am right now in jeedah .. are there training going on for maintance people ??????

mutt
8th Oct 2009, 16:33
I think they still discriminate about your colour What else did you expect in the Middle East?

Mutt

man2222226
8th Oct 2009, 18:21
Is there any posibility for job for maintance or technical for fresh graduates in mechanics. i am right now in jeddah .. are there training going on for maintance people ??????

aquiles
10th Oct 2009, 09:14
Hi, I just wanted to ask you about the rostering. How many flying days in a row, how many days off, are they flexible? Thank you......

metro301
10th Oct 2009, 19:43
Sorry, Saudia only hires Nationals for dispatch.

manazir66
11th Oct 2009, 13:42
Hello,

Its just me or some one else experience this problem with logIn to the Career website... I have filled out the online application a month ago but now when I try to update its asking for my userID and password, I do have the password but I do not have the userID because the website never asked me creat a user ID.... I try using my email but it does not fit in the space provided. there is no tech support either... not sure what to do....

Thank you

flyboy1972
13th Oct 2009, 18:43
Hey mutt or for anyone else with an answer,
I interviewed and was offered an FO position on the 74 back in June.
We were told to expect an email within a month to come to Jeddah for sim ride and medical. Almost 4 months later and still nothing. I have spoken to BK a couple of times and all he tells me is "soon". Is this standard procedure or is there something that we are not aware of ??
I appreciate any info. you might have. Thanks. :confused:

metro301
14th Oct 2009, 01:15
Seems to be standard. I would just keep working with BK.

mutt
14th Oct 2009, 03:31
Crisis management rules, it amazes me that they have succeeded in hiring over 40 flight crew this year and actually got them into class.................

Remember what i said about a big big big bucket of patience..... its true! But I'm amending my advice and suggesting that people also bring a large box of blood pressure tablets or a punch bag!

Final note, the 10th Oct 747 Classic class didnt begin on time as they havent reached the magic number of 12 students.....

Good Luck!

Mutt

aquiles
14th Oct 2009, 09:30
Hi to all. Does anybody knows about the rostering? Specifically in A-320 fleet, How many flying days in a row? How many off days in a month, and how many can you ask in a row?. Thank you...:ok:

metro301
14th Oct 2009, 11:17
Aquiles, no one will be able to answer your question. The A320 hasn't started to fly revenue for SVA.

In addition, too many changes going on right now. They are attempting to implement a new scheduling computer system. It has not been turned on yet.

alldaysushi
14th Oct 2009, 16:52
Hello all,

Please advise if able to provide a contact number for Bilal Karim, and/or a viable contact number for HR at SV.

Thank you...

jetopa
17th Oct 2009, 13:08
Hi Mutt,

I did the interview in DXB in August, declined to go to the Hawker 400 and they offered me the G III (left seat) instead. Then came for the PEME in Jeddah at the end of September. All went well, now I'm waiting...

A few questions remain:

Do these G III - dinosaurs stay in the company or are they being replaced by something more modern? I imagine that there are not many countries that would accept them any longer.

The SV-City Motel is a dump, to say the least. Just how long does one have to wait until a house will be available?

Where does everyone meet? Any place where other expats go on the compound (or outside)? Would like to profit from other people's experiences since KSA is one of the few white spots on my chart...

Many Thanks for all your efforts so far - took some time to read through the entire thread, but it was time well spent!

mutt
17th Oct 2009, 17:02
Congrats on the position........

1: G3 aircraft are owned by someone, SFS only operate them, afaik there is no talk of replacements, these aircraft are stage 3 certified so they can operate freely.
2: Ummmmmm, i have seen people wait months and people wait days... it all depends on if you accept what they offer or select an unimproved house and wait for it to be refurbished.
3: There is enough to occupy yourself if you have the right personality. Look at this....

Saudi Gazette - BIKER BLOG: ROAD TRIP IN SAUDI ARABIA (http://saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentID=2009101751814)

Mutt

Semaphore Sam
17th Oct 2009, 22:15
Where does everyone meet? Any place where other expats go on the compound (or outside)?
Is the Donut Shop still open on the Compound? Many used to meet there.

metro301
17th Oct 2009, 23:28
Mutt, any truth to the rumours that we may go back to the old reserve system? Hope your courses are going well.

Jet, Saudia City is getting pretty full these days. I hear stories of weekly expat gatherings in the compound. Shouldn't be a problem finding the location if you are so inclined. You also have Silver Sands Beach, and a couple of other places.

Sam, Donut House is still open, plus a new Lebanese restaurant in the complex behind Star, under the water tower. They spent a lot of time and money decorating and setting it up, indoor/outdoor place with seesha. It is run by the Orchid Hotel, nice food, good prices. I have been there a couple of times and there has always been tables occupied.

mutt
18th Oct 2009, 04:54
Metro301, Nov 1st implementation wont be achieved, which then means they will attempt to implement on Feb 1st.... Lufthansa consulting walk in next Saturday with amazing powers...... :)

I dont know if they are going back to the old reserve until Feb, but the fact remains that their attempt to implement reserve into each line was half hearted and totally inefficient.

Sam, JC finally moved outta his house, now trying to legally leave country, but coming back to with with the local feds :)

Mutt

mps74
19th Oct 2009, 12:25
Hi all,

Am looking at the A320 Capt's positions. Just got the "notes on Saudia contract of employment" from BK. Wanted to ask somebody who knows about the days off. The way I read it, you get the 6 days off in a block and the rest scattered throughout the month. It does'nt say how many days off in total though. I know the A320 has only just arrived and the rostering is all over the place, but maybe someone can give me an example of a "typical" line. Am just trying to figure out if I can get enough days strung together to make it worthwhile to get back to UK, as my family would'nt be going over.

Tks

mutt
19th Oct 2009, 14:31
Nobody can answer your question as it all depends on if/when the new Sabre rostering system is installed and please note that the official contract doesnt contain 6 days off in a row, so there is the possibility that they might disappear.

Mutt

flyby71
21st Oct 2009, 12:58
Hello All

Does anybody have the interview scheduled for 31st of October for instructor position?
If so please PM me.
thanks

mutt
21st Oct 2009, 14:53
Ehhhhhh...................... why are you willing to accept a Simulator Instructor/Ground school instructor position? Thought you were seeking a flying position?

Mutt

flyby71
22nd Oct 2009, 11:43
I guess I do not meet the minimums to be a Captain and I do not know if they are still hiring FO's

717driver
22nd Oct 2009, 14:48
Does anyone know if Saudi Airlines gives expats a housing allowance in lieu of housing at Saudi City?

mutt
22nd Oct 2009, 15:59
Flyby71, you should really reconsider the ground position, if you dont have the hours for the line, tell them you are interested in the corporate side...
The ground position will NEVER to converted to a flying position, the salary is less and nationality based, no fixed days off, no ticket per month, different medical coverage, different housing standards, its not worth it if you have a desire to continue flying......

717driver, nope they dont!

Mutt

Frlow
22nd Oct 2009, 16:48
717 Driver:) I think I know who this is. For what it's worth, we were given a big tour of the renovated accomodations in SV City. Still highly mediocre. Maybe up to the standards of a three star hotel in Bangkok. Window air-conditioner units. For the amount of time you would have to spend in it, given nothing else to do, the "Sports Club" is workable, but certainly nothing special.

717driver
22nd Oct 2009, 17:24
I have no problem with Saudi City for myself, I'm just concerned about my family, are there many US expat families there as well for my family to hook up with or do they reside elsewhere. Just trying to get a feel for what to expect, are there a lot of kid's, do the wife's get together, you know the social aspects etc.

flyby71
22nd Oct 2009, 23:38
Hello Mutt

Thanks for the info. I thought the pay was pretty good for the instructors. Can you post some numbers, I could not find anything on Saudi web site.
Thanks again

metro301
23rd Oct 2009, 15:41
717, sent you a PM.

Just my opinion: As a Westerner that doesn't speak the language. You don't want to live on the open market in JED.

Most places are not allowed to rent to Westerners because they lack the required security. Don't get me wrong here, I feel VERY safe in JED. The laws say that places housing Westerners do have to have security.

As Mutt said, it isn't even an option offered by SVA.

Deske1
31st Oct 2009, 11:03
Yesterday got an invitation for Cairo,dated in November.The T and Cs say the following:

Each FDC member is invited to bid for a line each month and allocation is then based upon an employee’s seniority. In each line of time six consecutive days off are built in each month, as well as other days off, but these are subject, of course, to operational requirements. There are also reserve lines of time each month which may also be bid for. The six consecutive days off are guaranteed in each reserve line. It

What does it mean in real and could any of You give an example?

Also,are the 6 consecutive days off per month count to the 30 days of Annual Leave or 6 days off in line plus 30 days of annual leave?

Thank You

mutt
31st Oct 2009, 13:24
PRESENTLY lines are generated using CARMEN, they include 6 days off per month, unless you take a long flight on the last month and then get awarded the 1st days off in the second month, this would be classed as operational requirements and you would lose the days off.

They are not part of the 40 days off, so you will get 10 mondays x 6 days off = 60 days, plus 40 days off, plus 4 days off for the 12th month, total 104 days out of Saudi per year.

HOWEVER, we made the mistake of buying the Saber crewing system, the Sabre consultants do not consider this concept to be economically prudent, they have strongly recommended that the monthly days off are REDUCED TO A MAXIMUM OF 3 IN A ROW!

Mutt.

Deske1
31st Oct 2009, 13:49
Thank You!

So theoretically,104 days at home(in my case in Europe) per year?Sounds nice to be true!

What is an avarage roster on the 747Classic?Layovers in Asia?How long?

mutt
31st Oct 2009, 14:48
Sounds nice to be true! Now you know why the consultants want it changed :{

Everything from 27 hours in Surabaya to 7 days in Singapore, most of the others are 50 hours or so.

Mutt

Deske1
31st Oct 2009, 15:19
And just the last one:

Can the wife enter/exit Saudi Arabia alone or only with me?

mutt
31st Oct 2009, 17:16
She will have her own residence visa and you can obtain multiple exit/entry visas valid for 6 months (500 Riyals), she will therefore have more freedom than you, but less tickets!

Mutt

Semaphore Sam
1st Nov 2009, 20:20
About females entering KSA: Had a wife & 4 dtrs living in Jeddah. Usually no problem, but occasionally, when they returned unaccompanied, they were stopped and put in a bint holding pen...could not get released until a male family member (or suitable person) came and picked them up. Some women spent a few days there, until someone came for them, or the authorities somehow relented. My wife and dtrs were stopped about 20% of time...if you are out on a 4-7 day trip, you'd better plan for a 'suitable' person to pick them up if they are sent to the bint penalty box. Once, while I was on layover in Riyadh, a friend was able to get a daughter released, but it could make for extreme hassle. Never heard of a Western woman not allowed to leave KSA, though.

metro301
2nd Nov 2009, 05:53
I have heard the stories about the bint tank as well. In the last 4 years, I have not had any problems with my wife (western) and son entering on there own. I always make sure I have a back up person available just in case we run into the wrong Immigration Officer.

All in all though, entry and exit has been pretty smooth with the proper visas.

Romasik
3rd Nov 2009, 09:06
I've been around here for more than 10 years with my family. They never had any problem with border crossing. This only applies to first time entry, visit visa holders and housemaids. Once you get a residence permit - your are a free woman. Things have changed in the Kingdom. Well, in Jeddah. Women still occasionally have some problem in Medina if the flight lands there on the way to Jeddah and they want everybody to pass immigration before continue to final destination. But, anyway, nothing like waiting in a bint tank.

mutt
3rd Nov 2009, 09:39
Sam, things have changed since you left, all family members now have their own credit card sized igama which proves that they have the right of residence in the Kingdom.

Mutt

Semaphore Sam
4th Nov 2009, 02:28
Hi Mutt:
Right of Residence wasn't the issue...permission to travel by a male relative was. Saudi mentality didn't take kindly to unfettered female movement. They liked to assure the female was under control of a male relative. However, things might have changed...I've used the past tense. Sam

crj700cpt
5th Nov 2009, 11:14
Hi,

I just recieved an invitaion for an interview on Nov. with SV. Please, I am looking for some help about the tech questions.
I will apreciate your help.:ok:
Thank you very much in advance for your help.

crj700cpt
5th Nov 2009, 19:10
Thanks for help:ok:

BMAN1
24th Nov 2009, 01:29
Are there any travel restrictions within the Kingdom?

Upon receiving the Iqama can one freely travel as he pleases with his family?

goma
24th Nov 2009, 16:49
Buy the book " ACE technical interview",all Q&As from there good luck:ok:

411A
24th Nov 2009, 20:33
Upon receiving the Iqama can one freely travel as he pleases with his family?
Negative...a letter and authority from the sponsoring company is required.

Romasik
24th Nov 2009, 20:50
Negative...a letter and authority from the sponsoring company is required.

Negative. Not any more. Even my wife travels all over the Kingdom (Riyadh, Medina, Dammam) by herself. No problem at all. Not to mention my personal trips:ok:.

Lessnessman
24th Nov 2009, 23:39
Hi,

What base will the A320 Flight Deck be stationed?

Nessman

411A
24th Nov 2009, 23:45
Not any more.
Depends on the type of residency permit you have, and, whether you travel by road, or air.

mutt
25th Nov 2009, 03:16
Depends on the type of residency permit you have, and, whether you travel by road, or air. Considering that we are talking about SV Pilots, the answer is that you dont need ANY LETTER OF AUTHORITY for you nor your family to travel. The cities of Madinah and Makkah are out of limits for non-Moslems, but everything else is ok.

411A, in your day, a letter granting permission was required to travel more than 25 miles from your domicile, this no longer applies.

Lessnessman, all crews in Jeddah, but with rotations to Riyadh for a number of days at a time. i.e, day 1 depart Jeddah, 4 legs to land Riyadh, remain over night, day 2/3 = 4 legs to land Riyadh, day 4 = 4 legs to land Jeddah, or position as passenger on day 1 or 4.

Mutt

RJ900NG
27th Nov 2009, 23:41
Hi if you don't mind me asking what is your flying backgroung I would like to apply my self and I have CRJ time so just wondering if i should
Thanks

Royalblue
7th Dec 2009, 21:40
I tried to apply and said it wouldn't accept my application due to I am only 26 years old....Can they waive the age limit or they really want you 30+? Let me know who to contact pls :)

GoForIt
11th Dec 2009, 21:24
I have not been able to update my application. It doesn't recognize my username and password. The system will send the password, but the username is always blank.

Does anyone have an email address over there I can send a resume to?

GoForIt

Romasik
12th Dec 2009, 09:48
The right person's name is Belal Karim. From his business card: [email protected] and
[email protected] - this one seems better
:ok:

GoForIt
14th Dec 2009, 19:39
Thank you much Romasik. I guess I got it just in time before the censor. That was exactly what I needed.

Now, a question for someone at Saudi. When they ordered the A320s, they said they would use them to fly routes to Europe and India out of RUH. Will the crews be based in RUH or JED?

GoForit

alldaysushi
14th Dec 2009, 19:52
Greetings,

Has anyone been invited for a potential January 9th-ish assesment in the KSA, Could be for either the 747 or corporate flight.

Couple of questions, Which Sim is used for the assesment? &

Where is sim training on the corporate fleet, Hawker, and falcon 7x?

These may seem foolish questions, however the interview process has been extremely Dysjunct, and not many answers from Mr. Karim. Has anyone actually had the flight tickets to Cairo reimbursed?

Thanks...Sushi

BadAndy
15th Dec 2009, 00:57
All the crews are based in JED. Any trips flown from RUH or Damman are part of a longer pairing (either deadhead or operate into position with a layover in those cities).

mohamed
19th Dec 2009, 23:13
any one have any info on benefits package for saudia flight crew ground instructor position ? or anyone currently looking into this position ? pse pm me thank

BadAndy
20th Dec 2009, 03:12
A friend of mine interviewed for the ground instructor position the first week in November. He just got the offer letter this week for a job. The conditions were extremely substandard (not just substandard, but insultingly low). The pay was low (by US standards -- just under $4000 USD per month), no block of days off and no ACM-P. No per diem or over-rides. Needless to say, he told them no thanks. (It helps he's starting at a much better ME carrier in a month on the 330, flying rather than as a ground instructor).

czyplt
21st Dec 2009, 00:23
hi Krypton I interviewed in Cairo last month and am waiting on the visa for the medical and sim check in Jedda. can you tell me if there is any information about the profile they want done on the airbus 320? I can not find any information about this and I am hoping to find out what they want so I can go fly the sim here in mia befor I head over there. I have never flown side stick but have thousands hr PIC on other heavy equipment 747, md11 dc10... any help would be of great help.. thanks.. you can reach me at czyplt747 @ yahoo . com or skype my name there is czyplt.... thanks

jetlager
8th Jan 2010, 08:30
So what's the deal with the cut off after grade 9 for educational benefits for family's with older kid's? Do they not want family's with older children to stick around? Any chances of this policy changing?

mandsballard
9th Jan 2010, 17:08
Hey to all my first post here but have been reading for months. This question is for Mutt.
Mutt,
I have been asked to get my paper work in IMMEDIATELY in an email i received last week for the Hawker 400XP position. Most of my 4600 hrs of flt time is in the XP so a few questions,
1. are they up and flying now
2. how many do they have at this point and/or expect to be getting
3. is training at Wichita,ks USA
4. is aircraft new
5. will i have to do a sim check if successful of 1st interview since i am typed with time in a/c
6. how is maintenance side of things ie are they trained up on the XP
7.and for that side of Saudi Airlines , what is their safety record
thanks Mutt, as u seem to be the man with very accurate information for this company.:)

alldaysushi
11th Jan 2010, 20:18
Hello Mutt,

In response to your inquiry,(for a change), I was invited to Jedah, about a month ago, and told to prepare for a Jan.9th ish. medical and sim check. Have heard no further since from Belal

Could be for either the 743 or Hawker/Falcon program?? I really don't know which...Cairo went well.

So, if anyone in the same boat, please advise...

Thanks...Sushi

mandsballard
11th Jan 2010, 22:02
no word as of yet, just got paper work off. from the looks of these post it might be months before i hear a peep.
will let u know when i know:)

777AV8R
11th Jan 2010, 22:44
Welcome to 'The Sand'. Everything will happen after ten minutes!

goma
12th Jan 2010, 03:09
Did all the same as you guys 4yrs back,passed everything and told to sit and wait,well still havent heard not even a polite letter etc etc.

Luckily moved to good company where im vv happy but SVs recruitmernt is hopeless:ugh::ugh:

Ps ,only one guy to get accurate info on any mattwr in SV is MUTT.(how u doing)

Chow all Goma

Fly4Fun
10th Feb 2010, 16:50
Just for curiosity, will A320 operate European routes even after A330 being delivered?
Are Saudia's A320 equiped with ACT? It seems quite a long way to Europe on A320 even with frew pax. I use to operate A320 on full charter configuration and one of our destinations were around 2,500 NM and had the reduce the capacity from 174 to 144 seats.
How long are your layovers in Europe?

Happy landings

Fly4Fun
10th Feb 2010, 22:49
Thanks mutt,

Sounds great to operate in a shiny new A320 to Europe. Wish I could do it! I imagine the amazing confort onboard your A320 with only 120 seats.

Happy landings

Fly4Fun
28th Feb 2010, 19:41
Do you guys get the 10 official holidays per year with the 30 calendar days annual leave, making it 40 leave days per year?

Dustwing
1st Mar 2010, 08:14
100 days... that really looks good...

Fly4Fun
1st Mar 2010, 20:27
That's very nice :ok:.
Do you still get the 6 days in a row per month?

Happy landings

jumbocpt
4th Mar 2010, 19:03
Somebody mentioned in passing the Capt Miller is leaving in a few weeks. He is almost 64. He was offered a 1 yr contract at a reduced salary and not many benefits. Is this what the pilots have to look forward too?

jumbocpt

mutt
5th Mar 2010, 15:37
He was offered a contract to do "what"?

There is confusion about the new retirement age, should it be 65 hegira or 65 Gregorian years, some are getting to stay until 65 gregorian, some at 65 hegira :):)

Mutt

jumbocpt
5th Mar 2010, 20:28
Perhaps Capt M is not happy about leaving. I heard about the 'new saudia' without medical benefits, ramadan bonus and 40% less pay. I wonder who will be coming to JED under these conditions.
Somebody had to make a decision about the 63/65 rule for sure. Did the new hires in Toulouse get a contract yet? Rumor in the US going around is that they have not.

411A
6th Mar 2010, 05:46
Perhaps he shouldn't have written a 64 page tirade of garbage about the 777 operating to the USA

Hmmm, now that should make for interesting reading...:}

Togue
6th Mar 2010, 05:50
Sounds good....

privatization will not impact terms and conditions

BadAndy
6th Mar 2010, 11:58

jumbocpt
6th Mar 2010, 15:19
Looks like Capt M should not have submitted his 64 page report to the DG. The plan for the 777 was already underway. It's a simple matter of economics so I see it not only as a waste of time but getting your name on a list that will affect you in the future.
I left JED, after many years, about six months ago. Honestly, I was treated fairly and was upgraded through the system. Patience and a sense of humor certainly helped.

Romasik
7th Mar 2010, 08:07
You were unfortunate to join Saudia in the middle of big transition. It's tough time in any place, but here it's triple tough. If you manage to live through and not lose your cool, you will feel quite comfortable later on. Especially if you stay here long enough to see really big salary, maasalama money, extra travell benefits, longer vacation. In the process you will enjoy your ACMs, free accomodation, school for children, Ramadan bonuses and your very life the way you're able to organize it. After ten years (it's hard to believe now you will stay here for that long) people find it quite difficult to leave this place, and after few years more - almost impossible.
So, stay cool for now (if you can) and take it as a part of the job description.:)

BadAndy
7th Mar 2010, 13:09

411A
7th Mar 2010, 14:52
Looks like Capt M should not have submitted his 64 page report to the DG

Unfortunately, that is a prime example of a slight mistake a few long-timers make...IE: 'well, I'm very senior now, so they can't touch me.'

Just ain't so.

jumbocpt
9th Mar 2010, 01:48
Years ago, a contractor Captain joined Saudia. he had flown for many airlines in his contract flying career. He always said that as a contact pilot. ...'you are only as good as your last flight'. There is so much truth in that. Im sure Capt M wishes he could have re-written history and perhaps not submitted this 64 page essay.

406pilot
19th Mar 2010, 15:51
hi guys

can anyone tell me when is the next interview date? any rumours are welcome aswell

keep it up there fellows,

406pilot

slatanmhor
21st Mar 2010, 09:06
Hey Mutt , Oh wise man of the East!!

Tell me man...: which airlines are genuinely recruiting in ME right now and which one do u think i might have some chance of getting into with my 2000+ hrs on Fokker100??? I hoping to find an organisation that wont make me jump through hoops and walk tight ropes before they will offer me job as non rated FO. I particularly interested in 747-400 but of course would accept any aother aircraft jet type....
Nothing happening in europe now...
Do u think if i purchased myself a basic747-400 rating,i.e ground school and sim check; (without base training/take offs and 4 landings); there might be some hope of getting job down there??..... Cheers man. U appear to be well versed in ME aviation hence this mail:)

slatanmhor
21st Mar 2010, 17:04
hey Mutt,
Thanks for the beef man.
It is good to get a reality check on whats happening down there.
I have applied to Alwafeerair but they say they cant entertain me at the moment cause I Irish...!! Apparently Saudia does not have a business or political agreement with Ireland hence I on a sby list of candidates. Dunno what that`s all about myself but really hoping they give me a shot at it....wont hold my breath though!
Thanks again.

jetopa
23rd Mar 2010, 07:12
It appears to me that Capt. M. and his wife have made peace with their departure tomorrow night. The farewell receptions / dinners they have attended lately made leaving this place very hard though and he jokingly said the other day that they were only rehearsing for the real departure...

It may very well be that they are a bit scared about what's expecting them in their home country after 34 years - but I don't know them that well. I wholeheartedly wish them both all the best!

jumbocpt
23rd Mar 2010, 13:40
Any truth to the rumors that the pilots will be presented with a new contract to replace the existing one in effect? Ive heard much lower base pay, travel benefits and housing. Not to mention insurance only when in Saudi Arabia. Good luck to Captain M. and his wife. They will be happy back in the land of round door knobs. It's something aging pilots all over the world have to deal with.

jetstreamhoney
23rd Mar 2010, 15:14
Random question. I am not a pilot I am currently applying for Middle Eastern airlines as cabin crew. Have recently had my final interview with Qatar. I lived in Saudia City until about 1992 - my dad was a captain. Lived in SW. Was just wondering if there is still anyone there from that time that may remember us and whether the compound is still the same??

chuckunu
24th Mar 2010, 00:50
this Is not on Topic but the it does say Saudi airlines, so here you go.
A pilot friend Started ther 2 months ago, He did say that salary is paid every month but he cannot plan on when because of the moon. why is that? dumm question I think but I can not find why he says that. when do you get paid? can you plan pay days for thern next 3 months for things like rent and auto loans?

capt-Purple
24th Mar 2010, 12:22
Can anyone please share with me, the total benefits package as an A320 Captain with Saudi.:)

Romasik
24th Mar 2010, 20:59
There is a nice thing on the night sky called "PCI". It stands for Pay Check Indicator. Very handy thing. People also call it "The Moon". Regardless of what going on in the world, you have your money in the bank with the last glimps of the receding crescent. Very often earlier. Every three years you have an extra basic salary just because Hegira calendar doesn't coincide with Gregorian. Say 10 grand simply fall from the sky. And it's so easy to plan when it's about your money:ok:.

chuckunu
26th Mar 2010, 21:02
Ok I will Now know the PCI. I like it. hmmmmmm it is so natural too. But what if it is cloudy for days does your money just wait in a holding pattern till the RVR goes up? :}:}:)

mandsballard
26th Mar 2010, 22:41
you guys are just too funny:ok::ok::ok::ok:

mandsballard
26th Mar 2010, 22:44
Then tell me this, What happens when there is a lunar eclipse, does all HELL break loose:eek::eek:

411A
27th Mar 2010, 03:50
What happens when there is a lunar eclipse...

The last time I remember one of those in SaudiArabia, King Khalid passed away and we all received three months extra pay....well, I did, anyway.
Smile even more on the way to the bank...:)

spierpoint jones
1st Apr 2010, 11:46
Nice one Mutt ,well done..!

jones:ok:

mps74
11th Apr 2010, 06:33
Mutt or anybody else in the know, I remember you telling me about the block of 6 days off not being in the contract back in October last year. However, is the company honoring what they say in the recruitment blurb we have recieved and building a block of 6 in a row into the lines?

Also, anybody's wife be willing and able to answer some questions my wife has about life in Saudia?

Did my interview in Paris this week.

thanks, mps74

mps74
11th Apr 2010, 19:30
Hi Mutt,

Sorry, A320

mps

chuckunu
14th Apr 2010, 10:03
it sounds likr the Saudi airlines is changing lots of things.
I was asking my freind about his extra pay like night flying and perdiem.
He does not know when they pay it since he is new and just started flying he's observation flying. Most airlines pay last months Overtime and perdiem the next month on the 15th or some dates . what is the deals at SV.
chuckunu

lili2929
14th Apr 2010, 10:57
mps74, i have been living in Jeddah and would be back next month.
I would be pleased to answer to your wife about women life conditions in Saudia.

vtwo
14th Apr 2010, 11:31
Just was selected for 320. but I am now aware that it is GACA system and not Faa.
what is the process to get the 320 GACA type to My FAA license? already FAA typed in a few Boeings and such.

KRUGERFLAP
14th Apr 2010, 18:11
Check out the link bellow guys. I guess the Webmaster from Saudi Arabian made a copy from a previous picture in the Gulf Air Career website that use to be there a while ago.:ugh:

same guy different airline? ( That's funny). It's a Gulf Air uniform.:ouch:

Saudi Arabian Recruitment page:

Saudi Arabian Airlines - Career (http://sv.net/apps/forec/)#

pic link:

http://sv.net/apps/forec/images/crt.jpg

Gulf Air Recruitment page:

Direct Entry Pilots |Career Choices|Gulf Air (http://www.gulfaircareers.com/English/CareerChoices/Pages/DirectEntry.aspx)

Pic link: http://www.gulfaircareers.com/Style%20Library/GulfAir%20Images/Career-pilots2.jpg

Dear Mutt

Do you think they will recruit direct entry CAP's and FO's for their own A330's they will get soon ,or they gonna upgrade in house?
I guess Now they are using 2 A330 from Atlasjet(painted w/ Saudi Livery) with their Atlas contract pilots.

http://images3.jetphotos.net/img/2/5/4/4/36638_1270107445.jpg Photo: Yannick Delamarre. Airbus A330-343E F-WWKZ (msn 1108) taxies at Toulouse minus the usual tail markings. It will become HZ-AQA on delivery.
31-03-2010

Rgds:ok:

Safe flights for all!

Donkey Duke
14th Apr 2010, 23:24
Mutt,

Did you say the A330 flying will be "inhouse" soon? So, Saudia pilots who were flying the 743s and 742s will go to the A330? Are most of the MD90 pilots going to the A320 now? Who flies the E170s? Do pilots like flying those? Why would someone chose the E170 over the A320 or something bigger? Is the pay the same? How are the E170s doing out there? Where do newhire pilots usually go airplane wise? Who goes right into the E170? Sorry about all of the questions. Does Saudia own NAS, or are they just a competitor? Any Saudia pilots going over to NAS? Thanks a lot.

metro301
15th Apr 2010, 08:25
Duke, hope this helps, in sequence:

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
All saudi FO's - 10% expat Captains.
Yes.
No hiring onto the 170 now.
Pay is about 3 - 6% less than 320 for new hire.
Fine.
Pilots go to the fleet they were specifically hired for, depending on requirements and experience.
Direct hire Saudi FO's.
No problem.
No and yes.
Yes.
Welcome.

Donkey Duke
15th Apr 2010, 17:01
Thank you very much. I love those E170s, and I just wanted to know if Saudia pilots liked them too.

metro301
15th Apr 2010, 21:51
I should clarify....

For the pilots it is a very nice automated machine.

BUT...

The schedules are not nice, with the heat and turbulence in the region it is like flying a paint shaker.

Donkey Duke
16th Apr 2010, 06:28
What are the rosters like on those planes? A lot of legs per day?

metro301
16th Apr 2010, 16:59
4 legs, 8 hr max flt time, you never leave the kingdom, gets pretty boring.

OakSaudia
27th Apr 2010, 12:50
anyone who passed the april interview?
I have any notice from saudia yet, and almost 3 weeks have passed from the positive assessment.
thank you.

411A
27th Apr 2010, 16:12
anyone who passed the april interview?
I have any notice from saudia yet, and almost 3 weeks have passed from the positive assessment.

How times have changed.
In 1980, interview in London.
Hired on the spot for the L1011 LHS.
The L10 fleet manager at the time was Capt Ahmed Sias...he made the decisions, not the HR department.:)

metro301
27th Apr 2010, 18:30
Hired on the spot in CAI in 2005.

alldaysushi
28th Apr 2010, 20:06
Hello all,

Thanks to 411A and the Metro. After the screen in CAI was told to prepare for Jeddah Med, Sim etc., still waiting, This is for the Corporate side on the Falcon 7, I applied for the 742/3,
In any case has anyone heard re: CFS what the standard hiring protocol may be.

Thanks again...Sushi

alldaysushi
29th Apr 2010, 17:56
Thanks Mutt,

Actually my understanding at the CAI event was I was successful at the SFS screening and next step was to be Jed for med/sim. However, i would give your slant more credibility than Belal's as now 5 mo. down the line and no contact.

Incidently, I still dont know why I wasn't offerred the 74 classic...

Safe Journies...Sushi

Fly4Fun
29th Apr 2010, 22:13
Hi,

Just wondering, how many days, on average, are you away from home per month on A320/E170 fleets?

Many thanks in advance.

F4F

concordino
30th Apr 2010, 18:58
Mutt,

How many 773s did SV order ? are they "ER" variants ?

Are all the 330 ordered dash 300s ? and how many toto ?

The two Atlasjet A330-200s, are they planned to stay for a while? or leaving the fleet ?

metro301
30th Apr 2010, 19:10
How many 773s did SV order? 12

are they "ER" variants ? I believe they are

Are all the 330 ordered dash 300s ? 8 total, again, I think the -300

concordino
1st May 2010, 10:08
Thanks for the information Metro301

I have seen SV operate A320 into Frankfurt the other day. Are they scheduled regular flights ? is the A320 capable of JED-FRA with full load ?
:)

jetopa
1st May 2010, 10:43
alldaysushi - all applications to SFS are currently being handled by a recently hired expat pilot who is reviewing eligible candidates. Expect to hear from him directly.

Whether that's good or not - I dunno. Wait + see.

concordino
3rd May 2010, 16:42
Thank you Mutt.

Atlasjet has an A332 available for lease and is advertised on Flight International this past week.

Is the 332 lease coming to an end with the deliveries of the new A333s ?
:)

coco-nuts
24th May 2010, 07:12
Mutt, after reading this thread from front to back a couple of times, i reckon the Establishment, and the new hires, ought to seek you out, and in the case of the former, give you a commision, the latter, mega beers. Prolly happens anyway.
Now, if only Saudi had my country on their list i could apply. :O

cheers mate :ok:

coco

Brix
24th May 2010, 09:55
I applied to the mainline 9 months ago.
6 months ago I got an email to send in the papers - very urgently.
I've logged over 12000 hours, all sizes, but most on widebody, and over 3000 in Command. So I reckon I should qualify at least for a cat. B Captain.

What they sent was an invitation for an assessment for First Officer G IV or 7X, which is SFS - again very urgently and on short notice, almost impossible to organize.

You don't seem to get jobs on mainlines anymore these days, only with subsidiaries.

Strange. Makes me sad.

GoForIt
31st May 2010, 16:38
I've got an interview in Paris for the A320 captain job. Can anyone tell me what to expect?

GoForit

alldaysushi
2nd Jun 2010, 14:15
Brix, Had the same experience for the 742 with SV. URGENT requirement to get to CAI Offerred corporate side Hawker, 7X...,

Then Urgent, Prepare to travel JED, no contact now 6 Mo.

The only urgency was the sucking sound in my checking account for the last minute travel to CAI. No reimbursement by the way.

Honestly, If you have a desire to fly in the KSA, Mutt is the man to talk to. He probably is more in the loop than Belal himself.

In any case, good luck and safe journies.

Sushi

Uncle Wiggily
2nd Jun 2010, 14:52
Then Urgent, Prepare to travel JED, no contact now 6 Mo

I'm sorry to hear this crap. Did they promise to reinmburse you for travel? I got offered to fly down to Cairo as well. I had a whopping 17 hour notice. I couldn't get a positive vibe on the reimbursement, so I said no thanks.

411A
2nd Jun 2010, 16:40
I couldn't get a positive vibe on the reimbursement...

You didn't because they don't, generally.
On you own dime is the name of the SV game.

If you want the job, you have to exhibit just a little more 'right stuff' otherwise, no deal.

alldaysushi
3rd Jun 2010, 15:59
On the E's from Belal, on several occasions, Reimbursement guaranteed.

Not the issue, in any case, why all these URGENT scenarios, then nothing, and further, no response from follow up notes to Belal.

Again, Mr. Karim, a very nice gent, albeit overworked. Just tell us, "you dont have what it takes, thanks for applying", not enough right stuff as 411A notes.

I have heard its the one of the last good jobs out there, I have operated their routes for other ACMI carriers...so not the right stuff.

Well, Freight looks like upswing in effect, sincerely good luck to all...

Sushi

Myster79
17th Jun 2010, 03:48
Just read a post about Saudi Immigration checking the laptops.... Are they still doing this? I am heading over soon and just bought a new laptop. I really don't want this confiscated. With the emails I receive on a daily basis they'll probably burn mine right then and there.

metro301
17th Jun 2010, 09:42
In almost 5 years, I have had mine checked 1 time maybe 3 years ago. It was not a high tech search by any means. I would hide anything u have with a password. You should be fine.

Myster79
17th Jun 2010, 15:32
Thanks for the information

mandsballard
28th Jun 2010, 03:14
Did anyone else get an email from Mr. Karim with and interview date. I just got my date for July 18th @ the CAE Center in Dubai.
Anyone else get a date for the SFS side of Saudia Arabian Airlines????

mandsballard
30th Jun 2010, 05:42
So am I the only one getting a interview date with this company. If this is the case then all i have to have is a pilots license and a heart beat and they should hire me on the spot. Because it looks like noone else is getting any face time with this company except me??? HUM????:E:E:E
Wow:eek:

169west
30th Jun 2010, 06:52
Hi mutt

here you are! You must be since you know a lot of stuff! Instead of a local Russian can I choose an Asian! Just kidding!

for mandsballard
how long between submitting application and interview call? and what kind of document they want with you at the interview?thanks PM SVP

mandsballard
1st Jul 2010, 20:31
169west,

About 6 months for interview to come around.

They want stamped log books-licences-passport-six passport sized photos-copy of college degree. I arrange all transportation in and out of country.

Mutt

Thats sounds fantastic, I will be on first flight out!:ok:

em20
2nd Jul 2010, 05:36
Hi,

I got an email from Mr. Karim as well for an interview in Dubai on July 18th. Can anyone give me some idea of what the written and the sim ride consists of? What type of ac do they use for the sim? What are the typical experience of FO applicants?

Mutt,

Do you know how often they conduct these interviews? Is it wise or possible to ask for an alternative date? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BritishGuy
8th Jul 2010, 00:33
I applied to Saudia SFS about 9 months ago (possibly more). I've recently got a gig in Dubai on the 737-400 (within the last month) and BAM, I get an invite from Saudia SFS. Kinda convenient for me to attend the CAE Training Center as I'm right here in Dubai, so I guess I'll go to the interview, but thankfully, without the stress for REALLY needing the job.

Now, I know you don't have the job until you get offered it, but I would like to know what the package is. As for the moment, well, I've left the US Regional industry (Thank GOD) and got the job in Dubai on the 737-400 about a month ago. I have no bond or anything which is nice. I get approximately $4000-5000 USD a month, I can opt for company accommodation or take an extra $2000 a month on my salary. It's not the best company out there by any means, but it got me out the US Regional hum drum - earning $2000 a month after working 100 hours. I will say though, the company I'm currently with is only a stepping stone. Not the type of place you would want to hang your hat.

Anyway, is the SFS gig worth leaving my current company for? I've outlined the package I'm getting right now. What is the package like at SFS? Is the money better and would going onto a Falcon, Hawker or Gulfstream be a good thing for my career or not? I have 3900TT, 2400 Jet, 250 Jet PIC and EMB-145/CRJ/B-737 type ratings.

alldaysushi
11th Jul 2010, 21:34
Saudia SFS has actually arranged tickets to the upcoming screening in Dubai. Just thought that all the regulars attending this thread would be interested.

Something tells me Mutt has something to do with this, maybe he'll fess up...

In any case, good luck to all attending.

Sushi:ok:

Narushy
15th Jul 2010, 14:14
Dear Matt,

I am new to Pprune and i noticed u r in KSA ,i am working here as well in vip and looking for a better rotation since i work 3 and 1 do u know of any company that offers 2 and 1 other than Alpha star ... even if in UAE or BAH ?

Thanks

djeskine
26th Jul 2010, 12:24
Just saw in the TV News in India that A Saudi aircraft caught fire after take-off in Chennai. Does anyone have any more details on the incident?
It seems they were able to return safely, that's if they had actually taken off as it is reported the aircraft was parked at a remote area.

spidersurf
26th Jul 2010, 19:29
hello everybody...
i sent several messages to Mr Karim a few months ago, but i got no answer.... should i insist and sent again??
you know if they are still looking pilots??
i would appreciate any info
i have more than 1000 hrs B717 and more than 3000 total hrs.
thanks

Turkpilot
28th Jul 2010, 17:08
Any idea how long it takes to get reimbursed for the travel expenses to the interview?

mawk
5th Sep 2010, 18:31
hi there..

Im scheduled for an interview with Saudi Arabian Airlines on the Gulfstream fleet as PIC .. can anyone give me any headsup of what to expect in the interview, tests, etc...???

Is the salary package similar to Mutts post earlier????

thanks in advance..

ExpressCa
5th Sep 2010, 19:43
I am also scheduled for interview on late Sept.

mawk, is your interview also in Jeddah?

mawk
5th Sep 2010, 20:43
expressca

yes it is..

Hopefully I can make it. I'm on a contract trip and it was such a short notice ..

Have you heard anything more from them??

ExpressCa
5th Sep 2010, 21:01
mawk,

Check your pm please.

vtwo
7th Sep 2010, 07:52
Turkpilot (http://www.pprune.org/members/318832-turkpilot)

SFS interview i had
Any idea how long it takes to get reimbursed for the travel expenses to the interview?

I am still waiting since Feb. I know of others who are still waiting from 2009.
I will post when/if it happens.

Luibar
7th Sep 2010, 19:37
Any news regarding Saudia Terms and Conditions?
Are the 6 days off still available after the introduction of new crew roster system?
How busy are you flying on the A320 fleet?
What's the average nights away from home on A320?

vtwo
7th Sep 2010, 20:29
Roster lines are built with 4 days off in a row only and now and the 320 guys are flying a bunch from Riyadh..
if home is Riyadh you're in goo shape. other wise hmmmmm.

arba
8th Sep 2010, 08:57
hello vtwo, kindly check PM please. Thanks.

jetlager
12th Sep 2010, 10:04
Has anyone had actual expirence having packages shipped to their residiance in the compound and if so, what is the address used?

arba
14th Nov 2010, 04:30
anybody invited to Paris next month?
tks

arba
16th Nov 2010, 16:40
nobody eh?
i wonder they can come to my town instead.

islandreamin
20th Nov 2010, 05:17
i'm also invited for an interview in paris in dec. can anyone outline what to expect as per exam & interview process/questions? also, what is their compensation package for a320 captains? thanks.

vtwo
20th Nov 2010, 08:43
Base pay for A320 capt is about 7700 usd per month.
housing is given to you.
that 7700 includes the car allowance, and the little extra for Cost of living.
you get a Ramadan bonus during Ramadan which is prorated of about 6000 also
plan on 6 to nine months of training, and rosters now only have 4 days in a row off.
also each line has 5 days res on them. not sure if that will change when staffing gets proper.

hope it helps.
Good Luck
Vtwo

fwja
20th Nov 2010, 09:48
Do you have a FAA or JAR CFI? I could introduce you to a FTO after when you will be their you can look for F/O Job.
Contact me privatly.

rgds
FWJA

islandreamin
22nd Nov 2010, 05:01
thanks vtwo.

dual input
23rd Nov 2010, 12:58
Dear Crew.
Any chances for F/O positons on the BUS. have few F/O friends would like to get a job in ME..any info would be helpful. Thx

vtwo
4th Jan 2011, 02:01
Still waiting for the money from the joining ticket,
11 months and counting. I have turned in receipts many times, each time I get an excuse and told "2 weeks inshallah ". let's see what this week brings.
:ugh::ugh::ugh::}

arba
4th Jan 2011, 04:41
in Paris, all the guys got the ticket money during the assessment process.

North_Bedouin
9th Jan 2011, 06:42
Got my check a week ago (after >5 month). Go to K.B. and insist to check in his drawers.

WCBIFF
9th Jan 2011, 20:50
Hi All,

I have an interview at the end of the month for special flight division.
Can anyone out there help me out with some of the questions that were asked in the written test and maybe any interview questions.

Thanks,
WCB:ugh:

vtwo
10th Jan 2011, 09:31
I checked his Drawers!!!:}
Success after 11 months. things move at the speed of glaciers here. but they do move.

stuka150
15th Jan 2011, 12:47
Anyone out there with an idea on Capt. salary (Europe ) for Falcon 7X?

perropiloto
17th Jan 2011, 15:45
Hi,

I have an upcoming interview with SFS and was wondering if anybody had any information on the structure of the technical exam, interview and sim ride. Any information would be most appreciated, either on the forum or via pm if preferred.

Thank you in advance.

shakeelkamgar
21st Jan 2011, 21:43
I agree their website is totally un professional:confused:

BBJet
20th Feb 2011, 06:49
Hi,

I have a question guys.If I join Saudia as a capt on A320 does it mean I´ll stay there forever or do I get a chance for the fleet upgrade (mean longhaul) sometime in the future?
Thnx for the reply
BBJet

169west
21st Feb 2011, 01:21
How is the situation in Saudia according to what's going on in Bahrain and Kuwait? Real info appreciated,thks!

vtwo
22nd Feb 2011, 22:19
no real difference on the streets, if there is something brewing then it is awful quiet.
life moves on here like always. SO far.

Semaphore Sam
23rd Feb 2011, 16:21
Are there still humvees inside each entrance to Saudia city, with some poor wretch manning a weapon? Sam

PittMind
24th Feb 2011, 08:22
I have an offer to join the A320 fleet as a captain. Has there ever been a promotion from this fleet to the long haul fleet?

Thanks

Fly4Fun
24th Feb 2011, 16:38
Just curious,

I saw on Al Jazeera that Saudia King is giving a pay rise of 15% for all state employees. That means you'll get an increase as well?

Happy landings

vtwo
7th Mar 2011, 20:32
Looks like the actual cash in thee bank is going to be less, as I look at the new terms imposed on us. I took the last 3 months and used the new imposed terms and it looks like a pay cut. Now the next question is . Does the contract the Expats have signed have any legal backing?

Semaphore Sam
7th Mar 2011, 23:00
Did a Saudia captain pass away in an Eastern Province hospital, after having been refused access to a first hospital? Sam

vtwo
12th Mar 2011, 19:06
Negligence alleged in Saudia pilot’s death

By ROGER HARRISON | ARAB NEWS

Published: Mar 8, 2011 00:06 Updated: Mar 8, 2011 00:06

JEDDAH: Relatives have accused Saudi Arabian Airlines and hospitals of "operational and medical negligence” following the death of a Saudia pilot who had a heart attack while flying an aircraft from Jeddah to Dammam on Feb. 5.
Capt. Khaled Mattar experienced chest pains on the flight and handed over control to his first officer who radioed ahead for medical assistance. Mattar died at 12.50 a.m. the following morning at Al-Mana Hospital in Dammam, according to his brother Ali.
Sources within Saudia both called and wrote to Arab News detailing the incident.
“Air crew and ground staff are furious at what happened,” said one source. Written allegations state that Capt. Mattar had had a “very stressful discussion with COO Abdulrahman Al-Mahboub of Saudi Arabian Airlines at the flight operations building at King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah.”
The heated discussion had been over proposed new pay structures for pilots. Mattar then began his flight duty and proceeded to the dispatch area where he reviewed the flight documents, checked the weather, the aircraft status and other requirements.
The flight he was in charge of was scheduled to go to Dammam. Takeoff proceeded normally. Between Jeddah and Riyadh, Mattar reportedly told the first officer he was feeling pains in his chest and that he required medical assistance. The first officer, said the source, suggested landing at Riyadh, but Mattar did not wish to land there “for fear of repercussions” and chose to continue to Dammam.
The first officer contacted Dammam Air Traffic Control and Saudia operations advising that medical assistance was required. However, when the aircraft landed there was a delay in medical assistance arriving despite the emergency services had been advised of the situation.
When assistance finally arrived, Mattar was carried off in a stretcher. A doctor at the airport reportedly checked him and advised that there was no problem and that he just needed rest. Based on this diagnosis, Mattar was sent to the Sheraton Hotel for rest.
According to the source, after arriving at the hotel Mattar knew he was not well and wanted to go to hospital for medical treatment. He asked for an ambulance, but was asked to come down to the lobby. He did so and collapsed there. He was then taken to Tadawi General Hospital in Dammam. On arriving, his condition deteriorated to the point where he could not move.
However, the hospital refused to accept Mattar, according to documentation seen by Arab News, because “Saudi Arabian Airlines has some past due bills with us and therefore we will not accept him.”
In the case of heart attacks, time is critical and medical care was urgently needed. Pleas for the hospital to accept him because of his critical condition were ignored, the document continues. He was then taken to Al-Mana General Hospital.
Here too, sources claim, the hospital initially refused to accept Mattar because he had “no medical insurance.” However, the Sheraton Hotel contacted the hospital and pleaded with them to admit him and to charge the hotel. It was, however, too late.
He was pronounced dead just after midnight. Arab News attempted to contact Saudia by telephone and fax for comment, but at the time of going to press has received no response.
Negligence alleged in Saudia pilot?s death - Arab News (http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article306259.ece)

North_Bedouin
19th Mar 2011, 07:53
What is Saudia policy regarding children educatian allowance? They said me to pay myself and bring them the bill. How long it takes to get reimbursement? Do they cover all fees in full at any international school?

metro301
19th Mar 2011, 08:49
Pay yourself, submit the bills at operations. Takes about a month to 6 weeks to get the cheque back. Total re-imbursed is around 30,000 sar give or take. Not sure on the exact amount but that is close. Any half decent international school will cost you more than this.

metro301
19th Mar 2011, 14:05
The next big question:

Do the Expats get the 2 month salary bonus just given by the King?

I am not spending the money yet...

vtwo
19th Mar 2011, 15:24
Silly Question, When Is this pay supposed to happen? if it happens.

metro301
19th Mar 2011, 15:53
It was announced yesterday, supposed to be paid in next salary. King said all Govt employees.

North_Bedouin
20th Mar 2011, 05:59
@Icarus: it seems that SAR65K will not be enough even for one kid in BISJ high school grades...
What about Thamer (TIS) and Al Waha international schools? Both provide IGCSE/Cambridge International and both fits to 30'000SAR (btw: does this reimbursement amount SAR30K is per child or total for all?) up to the Grade 12.
Any personal experience?
My question is based on:
TIS, Al-Wadi students excel in Cambridge exams - Arab News (http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article239038.ece)
http://ksis.sch.sa/FileManager/GetFile/264/ (pages 4 and 5)

Regarding "The next big question": there are some discussions in Fin dept, whether the King meant "all"...

chuckunu
21st Mar 2011, 23:36
in Saudi "all" does not mean all??? or does it?
next moon April 4 on the normal calendar good luck to yous

vtwo
22nd Mar 2011, 19:04
I have heard ALL govt employees are to included.
we will see. like it was said above, don't spend it till you see it.

chuckunu
29th Mar 2011, 08:14
what is the story in the 2 salary from King? is it for all or just locals?

did you gets any Moneys so far?
hope to all gets paid like promised.
Cheers

metro301
2nd Apr 2011, 06:40
Salary is in the bank. No bonus for us.

vtwo
4th Apr 2011, 08:10
I heard in finance office, by Saturday, fro what it is worth.
don't spend it all yet.

Flingwing47
4th Apr 2011, 09:03
morning VTWO - just to clarify - did you hear that they expect to pay the bonus to all employees next Saturday ?? 8th April ?

vtwo
6th Apr 2011, 17:55
I depends on who you ask. Some say All employees, others say Only Saudis and that was in Building 8 payroll dept.

I heard Aramco, Mobily, and a few other company's paid every one including Expats. if you head different please correct me.

In fact I heard of American contractors working for the Saudi Airforce got the money too.

As of today, Just the basic salary in April, still waiting for the per-diem and overtime for Feb. does anyone have info on that as well?

vtwo
13th Apr 2011, 10:01
SO far No expenses and perdiem for Feb.??? WTF? not even a word as to when they will feel like paying the money they owe me.

Oh and the word I am hearing is "SCREW YOU" expats to the Double salary the king said to ALL employees. Like it was said above, all has different meanings here in the desert.
:ugh:

malinkijan
28th Apr 2011, 18:03
it seams that the king was informed that only Saudia does not pay the ex-pats even do he promised all the employers will get the bonus including ex-pats. So far there is a letter signed from ex-pats and saudi pilots also for the king asking why all the other companys pay the expats and only Saudia does not pay the bonus even do the money for the expats was deliverd by the king.

we will see whats going on but so far there is lots of movement and the question is rised who got the money that will be missing on the expat account...

looks good, but a usual the expat have to fight for there rights. In no other airline in the world something like this would be allowed no possible...

but maybe Saudia just wants to get all the expats to leave saudi arabien airlines. so far they are doing a great job...

metro301
7th Jun 2011, 13:52
"Within two years all pilots of the airline would be Saudi"

HUH? Seriously?

In two years I plan to own my own 747-800 and fly it around the world for pleasure. I have a better chance of achieving my goal than they do.

mutt
8th Jun 2011, 05:18
420 new trainees with 7 years equals 60 per year, or 120 in the two year period stated. Look at normal attrition due to retirement, health etc, lets say it's 5%/2%, so that's 35 Captains and 16 First Officers per year, 102 for a two year period.

Then look at the fleet plans for the next two years. Is there a sufficient crew surplus to replace all expats?

Finally look at who made the statement.

However, it is worth mentioning that it appears that ALL expat recruitment is now stopped.

Mutt

jumbocpt
23rd Jun 2011, 15:14
Hello Mutt
one of our former pilots asked if any country allows pilots to fly for airlines that are over the age of 65? I know that would might have some information that i can pass along to him

Thanks

mcrit007
15th Nov 2011, 03:53
hello everyone.i just wanted to confirm via this forum whether you really can't have a glass of chilled beer after a flypast over those hot dunes??
i also believe you require something called an 'exit visa' every time you need to step out for a few days to home on your days off!!
how is life within those compounds...can somebody pm me, or be more open and discuss these issues before i take THE PLUNGE ??:suspect::suspect::suspect::cool::cool::cool:

Whenwe
15th Nov 2011, 04:31
Life is all about experience and YOU will never know unless YOU take the plunge.

You should have done your research. Read Mutt's great postings he knows the place backwards.

I would have stayed longer than a year if I could. Its what you make of it.

mutt
30th Nov 2011, 16:13
Anyone want to jump from the frying pan into the fire?????

Parc Aviation on behalf of our client Saudi Arabian Airlines are seeking B777 Captains for an immediate start. Duration: 3 yearsBase: JeddahRoster Pattern: 9 days off per calendar monthCommencement Date: As soon as possibleFully furnished Apartment provided, air-con, accommodation includes all utilities, gas, water, electricity and maintenance (excludes telephone charges). Provided for both married and single status employeesGround...

Also recruiting for A320/170....... will be interesting to see if they are willing to match the $16,000 per month offered by NASAIR.

Mutt

I.R.PIRATE
30th Nov 2011, 18:44
I saw yesterday they are looking for corporate jocks too. Does that exclude expats?

mutt
30th Nov 2011, 18:57
I saw yesterday they are looking for corporate jocks too Where is that advertised?

Aha, found it....... strange ad, unfortunately they made that horrible mistake of not including the requirements, that means that they will get thousands of applicants with 200 hrs!!!!

Mutt

I.R.PIRATE
30th Nov 2011, 19:08
Thout that maybe it was just an ad to fill certain legal requirements but they already had their folks lined up, hence no real details.

What's the story there??

FL123
1st Dec 2011, 07:26
couldnt find the add??? where is it???
or the link...

mutt
1st Dec 2011, 10:27
climbto350.com

Mutt

FL123
1st Dec 2011, 10:39
got it.. thanks!

Horia
2nd Dec 2011, 02:11
Is Bilal Karim still the pilot recruiter/HR rep?

mutt
5th Dec 2011, 10:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x36LEy0lHjk

1st of 20......... :):)

Mutt

I.R.PIRATE
11th Dec 2011, 10:24
In a nutshell >> No.

mutt
11th Dec 2011, 12:45
I'd like to know if Saudia is recruiting fresh pilots with just fATP Yes they are........

I'm willing to do my own type rating Not required.

Saudi Nationals ONLY

Mutt

Bobby1369
26th Sep 2012, 13:15
Hello All,
I have a interview coming up and I think I have most of the "gouge" but any additional info would be appreciated. Also I would appreciate any insight into the the Sim and medical evaluation.
Gratitude,

MissChief
4th Oct 2012, 20:56
What proportion of pilots at Saudia are non-Saudi? And are female expats employed there?

mutt
4th Oct 2012, 21:10
I would guess at 10%, no females unless you count the ones flying the leased aircraft.

Mutt

cockygashandlazy
4th Oct 2012, 21:24
0%

Saudi law dictates no women. Best bet is the leasing guys. pm me for more.

Bobby1369
7th Oct 2012, 21:41
After buying a ticket to Paris was advised By Karim that flight operations informed him my hours dont meet the "current" requisite... Oh well, God's will. Best of luck to you all going to Paris.

mutt
8th Oct 2012, 13:51
After buying a ticket to Paris :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

How many times have we advised people not to buy their own ticket?

Mutt

jackx123
21st Oct 2012, 02:55
Dicked around jerked around is the name of the game in the middle east.

Agree with mutt and even with a job offer in hand, take your leave balance and try your new job before resigning, unless off course you have some personal insight. They might not have the required visa yet approved by the government and it all goes to p*** :cool:

mutt
21st Oct 2012, 11:02
They might not have the required visa yet approved by the government and it all goes to p*** While i can name 2 companies where this is presently happening, AFAIK, SVA isn't one of them.

Mutt

bugg smasher
24th Oct 2012, 15:20
Mutt,

A friend is interested in an A320 position, are the interviews in Jeddah at the moment? Thanks.

mutt
24th Oct 2012, 15:46
With present fleet orders, they will need crew for the foreseeable future, so no harm submitting the resume to BK or PARC.

Mutt

FuelLeak
29th Oct 2012, 17:23
They will always hire pilots as pilots do not last long here. The average 2 years. They do not even finish the initial 3 years contract. The pay is the best in the Middle East and China. A 777 captain may earn easily US$30,000 a month! However the company is a mess. Their HR and bosses are the worst. New chief pilots every 2 months. They are never in the office, all the key movements are delegated to Pakistanis and Indians (both with stone age management skills in Saudi and their respective countries; see airlines from India and Pakistan ....enough said)

The HR office in USA is in DC not Houston. There the "girl friends" of some Saudis with power just use the traveling benefits and are never in the office!

The last course for the A330 started a few months ago with 7 pilots and today only 2 are left and will leave soon! They were mostly Egyptians from Egypt Air, experienced in the A330. They are Arabs, Muslims and they could not digest the "culture". Just figure out what it can do to a red neck!

If you need money and have the patience to take their sh.... for a few months, get the rating, get the time, get the fabulous paycheck and then stay if you can. You will probably leave in 18 months maximum.

saddest aviator
29th Oct 2012, 18:41
Are they recruiting non type rated plots or not whats the deal
here we go 6k + left seat 76 , last I got back was i only had sufficient experience for a320 Duh!!!

mutt
30th Oct 2012, 01:38
A 777 captain may earn easily US$30,000 a month Wow... Are u sure about this? What nationality and/or length of service is required to earn that amount?

Saddest, they have hours/weight categories, the 767 is probably lighter than the category required for the 777.

Mutt

FuelLeak
30th Oct 2012, 12:32
The salary doubles as soon as you pass 90 hours so seniority is not an issue. In any case the salaries are the highest in the Middle East. First Officers on the A320 during Ramadan cashed over US$15,000. They also get paid for night flying, flying on days off, productivity, and extra money over 45--yes Forty Five-hours of block time. Again after 90 hours double salary + the extras.

Romasik
30th Oct 2012, 16:17
Saddest aviator:

The Cat "D" threshold is, if memory serves me well, 170t. So, some of 767 models don't fit into "D". It's often on tip of your pen. Just don't mention particular model and generic B767 may be good enough. In my case they counted all my 757/767 hours as cat"D"...., as this was the same type rating.

saddest aviator
30th Oct 2012, 17:03
well it was quite clear from the emailed reply that nobody had read the cv and application form when presented, 3000+ left seat 763, 3000+752/762/733/ng 11k total, 9.5k mr boeing.how many more hoops does one have to jump tyhrough, WHY DONT HR RUN ALL ASPECTS OF THE AIRLINE THEN WE WOULDNT NEED PILOTS ANY MORE!!!!!!!:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

saddest aviator
30th Oct 2012, 17:07
So what you are saying Mutt is that they would rather have a 330 jock trained on the 777 than a 763 jock, that that makes perfect sense, no wonder airlines are in the state they are in:ugh: