PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

leemarlon
19th Apr 2008, 02:10
Hi EK crew,
Can some of you share the layover information with Emirates? I am about to join EK on May 30, but would like to know if EK only has 24 hrs. 26 hrs, 28 hrs layover? There no 2-3 days layover (except toronto, sao paulo)? Are all India destinations turnarounds? What about Dahka? Chennai? Sychelle? Nairobi?

Thanks in advance!

skysurfer79
19th Apr 2008, 10:05
hi... congrats on the job
most india flights r turnarounds however there was a layover in calcutta. most layovers r 24 hours however there are some great longer layovers... when i was there (only a few months ago) there used to be a 4 day layover in seychelles, 3 day layover in milan, 4 days in brisbane, 2 days in syd and singapore and 3 days in jakarta and a few others... there are layovers in dhaka (24hours) but it is also a turnaround sometimes as well... depending if u do the morning or the arvo flight.... hope that helps

helfsich
19th Apr 2008, 10:43
hello leemarlon,

Layovers in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane are usually split with a shuttle to either Auckland or Christchuch. Sao Paolo only has one layover a week that is longer than 30 hours. They've also stopped the 4 day Seychelles, it's now a turnaround. Nairobi used to be a layover, but at the moment it's operating as a turnaround due to conflict there and should change back within the next few months. The 4 day Milan will be ending soon as well once it becomes direct daily.

As a general rule of thumb when the flying time is more than 4.5 hours then there will usually be a layover there.

leemarlon
19th Apr 2008, 15:18
Wow! That's amazing! I thought all layovers are 24 hrs or so...but finally I see a lot of destinations which offer more than 24 hrs, even 48 hrs of layover...such a relief! Otherwise, the jetlag is gonna kill us...:cool:

What about Asian flights? Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Osaka, Nagoya, Seul, Manila...etc? (Since i am the language speaker...i might get a lot of these layovers...i think):ooh:

Thanks in advance for all your precious information!!!

leemarlon
19th Apr 2008, 16:43
Crap! :{
Someone deleted the most important information here!!! Who did it? It contains a lot of useful information!!! Moderator, did you guys delete it again?:mad:

euroxx
19th Apr 2008, 18:00
Accra 24 or 48 hrs (shuttle to Abidjan in between)
Athens 27 hrs
Auckland 27 hrs
Birmingham 24 hrs
Bangkok 24 or 48 or 80 hrs
Beijing 28 hrs
Brisbane 48 hrs
Calcutta 24 hrs
Cape Town 24 hrs
Casablanca 24 hrs
Christchurch 27 hrs
Colombo 13 or 24 or 36 or 48 hrs
Dhaka 24 hrs
Duesseldorf 24 hrs
Entebee 24 hrs
Frankfurt 24 hrs
Glasgow 24 hrs
Guanghzou 27 hrs (beginning July 1st)
Hamburg 24 hrs
Hong Kong 26 hrs
Houston 25 hrs
Istanbul 24 or 48 hrs (begins October)
Jakarta 24 or 48 or 72 hrs
Johannesburg 24 or 27 hrs
Kuala Lumpur 24 or 48 hrs
Lagos 24 hrs
London Gatwick 24 hrs
London Heathrow 24 hrs
Los Angeles 24 or 48 hrs (not finalized - begins September 1st)
Madrid begins March 2009 (probably 24 hrs)
Malta 24 or 48 hrs
Manila 24 or 48 hrs
Manchester 24 hrs
Mauritius 13 hrs
Melbourne 17 or 24 hrs
Milan 24 or 48 or 98 hrs (only 24 hrs from July)
Moscow 24 hrs
Munich 24 hrs
Nagoya 29 hrs
Nairobi 27 or 48 or 72 hrs
Newcastle 24 hrs
Nice 24 hrs (from September also 48 hrs)
Osaka 31 hrs
Perth 27 hrs
New York Kennedy 24 or 31 hrs
Paris CDG 24 hrs
Rome 24 hrs
San Francisco 24 or 48 hrs (not finalized - begins October 26th)
Sao Paolo 26 hrs
Seoul 30 hrs
Seychelles 11 hrs
Shanghai 30 hrs
Singapore 24 or 48 hrs (also 72 hrs beginning September)
Sydney 24 or 48 hrs
Toronto 48 or 72 hrs
Tunis 24 hrs
Venice 24 hrs
Vienna 25 hrs
Zurich 24 hrs

I think that covers everything.......;)

flapsforty
19th Apr 2008, 18:05
The only thing that post doesn't cover is the fact that it wasn't a Mod but euroxx him/herSELF who deleted the previous post.
Nowt to do with us. ;)

Ali_Xander
20th Apr 2008, 07:03
The layovers in the Asian countries are longer than 24 hours. I have Shanghai on Thursday and thats a 30hour layover.

Accra in Ghana (West Africa) is a 48 hour layover (its longer than that as you do a shuttle service to Abidjan and back). We have a 48hour layover in Malta but that will go to 24hour by the end of the year as Malta is will go daily. Seychelles is either a turnaround or a 12 hour layover - depending on which flight you are on. Mauritius is 13hours layover.

Too many to remember ;p

leemarlon
21st Apr 2008, 21:43
how does the bidding system work out for some of you? is that a good tool to request your favourite flights? Just being curious of that system. the roster will come with STB which means I can either wait or call Mr. Scheduling to find a flight for me?

Thanks again.

leemarlon
23rd Apr 2008, 23:09
Hi all,
For those layover destinations, which ones have the better meal allowances?

Thanks again!
Marlon

leemarlon
23rd Apr 2008, 23:35
Can someone tell me why Brisbane has 48 hrs layover? and not the same with SYD or PER or MEL?

:ugh:

A T Lascart
23rd Apr 2008, 23:42
EK is seeking world domination, they want to keep costs down and this will be at the expense of somebody, most probably the cabin crew........

TightSlot
15th Jun 2008, 07:11
Please use the forum SEARCH function for previous threads on this subject - Your question may have been answered already

skydoll.6
17th Jun 2008, 04:32
Hello everyone,

First of all I want to thank everyone for all their postings and advice in this forum, I think this is why I was so prepared for the Emirates Open Day here in Toronto at the Courtyard Mariott Hotel. I want to post my experience:

DAY 1:

We were asked to fill out a form, some personal info, some questions like list the 3 top skills a flight attendant must have and list the 3 tops reasons why you want to be a flight attendant. Then they gave us 2 scenarios at the end of the form one of them was what you would do if a drunk man is on the flight slurring his words and acting a bit out of control and the second one was if a man was sitting in the back of the airplane and was afraid of flying and preferred to sit upfront but it was full how would u handle the situation. I suggest that all applicants when writing your answers, stress the fact that you will always be calm and give examples of your great communication skills. and how you can be diplomatic etc.
After filling the form we had a reach test, sadly many ladies were thanked and had to leave.
The remainder of us had to wait for the one on one short interview. I was there for under 5 minutes with a lovely lady by the name of Ingrid. She made me feel so warm and comfortable, both of the ladies that were interviewing were so well carried and pleasant and it really represented Emirates so well and it just made me want to go to Dubai even more. Ingrid asked me what my current job was, why I wanted to be a flight attendant apart from the obvious travel and life style. Then she filled out a slip of paper and invited me back for the assessment the next day. I was ecstatic!

Day 2:
We were 20 of us, I heard there were four groups of 20 that made it to the second day (us at 9 am, second at 10, third at 11 and fourth at 12). We were divided into two groups of 10 and given 3 activities.

1st activity: Introduce the person to the left (name, what they did and an interesting fact about them) that was fun.

2nd activity: If you were stranded on an island, name 5 things that you all agree on in order to survive.

3rd activity: List 10 global issues the world is facing today

After that we were all asked to sit in rows again altogether and they briefed us on proper interview attire, named some errors some of us made in dress, like anklets (which I forgot to take off! oops) open toed shoes (yes some girls wore them), hair should be in a bun, away from face, conservative jewlery, no bracelets or bangles etc. A knee length skirt suit set should be worn, closed toed shoes and hair pulled back neatly in a bun. After this it was over and they told us that we would hear back from them through an email by Wednesday or Thursday. I am soooooo anxious now, Im excited and I want this more than anything in my life and Im willing to work my ass for it and I know it doesnt pay that great to start off with but it is worth it for me to live in Dubai with that kind of lifestyle.

So Today is Monday and I am just waiting for this email:confused:...I'll keep writing and keep everyone updated!:)

applefigher
17th Jun 2008, 14:36
best of luck to ya. let us know how it goes. how many people showed up in the beginning ?I am from new york , but ended up going to dublin for open day because i couldnt make it to toronto and they did everything in one day except the final interview which was the following day. you must have had more people as we had like 120 to start with. I'm flying to Dubai the 27th of this month. It all happens so fast, but the waiting was very dreadful but well worth it.

skydoll.6
18th Jun 2008, 05:39
Thanks a lot! Wowww ur going so soon, u must be overjoyed! Yeah they had this open day 9am to 5 pm and you can drop in anytime, I went first thing at 9 and it happened very quickly...hundreds showed up, a friend of mine went later around 12. Then we both were called back the next day for assessment, we were given times...it turns out that out of the chosen from the first day, they divided us up into 4 groups of 20 each, I was scheduled in the first group of 20 at 9, she was part of the fourth group scheduled at 12. Now we are both awaiting for the "golden email" hahaha...by wed or thursday...I am dying.

emirates girl
18th Jun 2008, 10:35
Open Day 21st June!! MELBOURNE
Hi all, wow just spent about 4 hours reading posts about Emirates to be COMPLETELY prepared! Just one thing I'm not sure about, many people seem to say you must take at least two reference letters on workplace letterhead- with reasons for leaving, pass port, pictures by a professional photographer, birth certificate, diploma and certificates etc- i know you definitely need your resume and pictures but all the other stuff ? and do the pictures have to be professional?
also I am leaving to go on a trip to thailand on the 29th june for 10 days, will that matter? i can organise someone to answer my phone/email etc? also

how long will the selection week go for/ I'm travelling up from Hobart and have to organise to get work off, the Emirates invitation letter just says they might need me all week?
thanks for help!!! :)
ALSO WHO IS GOING-? I'M SO EXCITED!

applefigher
18th Jun 2008, 15:00
it could take several days, also depends how many people show up. you should get professional pictures only because if they aren't satisfied with them they will ask for news ones and that can delay your process. If your not from the area where your open day/assessment is i would bring your passport,high school certificate and your references. I am from new york and when i had my open day/assessment in Dublin i went and got professional pictures done after my final interview and left them at the front desk of the hotel. As I say it is better to be more prepared than not. :)

wildcherry
18th Jun 2008, 23:05
Hello everyone! Is anybody here going to any of the u.s. open days?

applefigher
19th Jun 2008, 01:49
which one are going to go to. im from new york but they didnt have any open days when i applied and now they do so go figure.

skydoll.6
19th Jun 2008, 18:44
Hey everyone!

I am so excited! I just got the invite for F.I. anybody know what kinds of questions they ask besides "name your strengths weakness', why you want to join emirates etc."? Im preparing my answers.

suqanne
19th Jun 2008, 19:12
hey there.. best of luck to u... i had my ek interviews in limerick ireland on may 1st and and starting jul 11th... so excited...;)

with regards to the final interview just relax and be yourself..
i spend hrs looking over questions about why u want to be a ccm or about ek and in the end i wasnt asked any of it.

i had a lovely interviewer and she only asked me all about previous experience. ie. give me an example of a time u showed good leadership skills or a time when u had to make quick decisions.

have lots and lots of examples ready.

i work for an airline already, so im not too sure if i was asked those questions because i know the industry or what.
to be safe learn off both.:ok:

remember wear bright red lippy, always great them by name, show lots of teeth and smiles and keep telling them how much u want the job.:8

best of luck kiddo x

wildcherry
19th Jun 2008, 21:02
hello applefigher!!! i am thinking about going to los angeles, although i have to drive 4 hrs from were i am coming from, that is the closest one for me..why dont you just go to california, it'll be nice to know somebody during the open day...
this is gonna be the first time for me to attend ek open day, hopefully we'll get lucky, was waiting for these for the longest time.....goodluck to all....hope i can find somebody going for l.a. open day..

ek412syd
21st Jun 2008, 16:47
good luck to you emirates girl~!

Pinball
23rd Jun 2008, 06:06
anyone who tried applying in Singapore open day?
hows the process in Singapore?
how many applicants are there?
do they accept male applicant for open day?
anyone who is from singapore? because in the website it says pre-liminary selection will be be facilitated by sass Atlantic. anyone from SG? please PM me..:ok: thanks

skydoll.6
23rd Jun 2008, 06:35
Thanks everyone for the kind wishes! Best of luck to all of you as well!

For those of you in Canada, I was looking EVERYWHERE for the perfect business skirt suit and trust me I searched everywhere including Zara, Banana Republic, Mexx, H&M and nothing fit me properly or wasn't what I was looking for...I am smaller than average but not stick thin or petite as I am 5'6" but I do only weigh 110 pounds so my frame is small. I found the perfect suit at TRISTAN...as in Tristan & America. Its absolutely gorgeous, 3/4 length sleeves on the jacket, the skirt is a fitted pencil skirt which ends right below my knees and its a greyish beige sand colour with very fine close together pinstripes which can only really be seen upclose.

I just wanted to give this suggestion of going to Tristan for anybody that was in my position who couldnt find the right suit. Its a bit pricey but definitely worth the money (besides I got mine on sale, paid 170 including taxes). It is a very worthy investment as you will probably wear it again and again being an emirates flight attendant Im sure you will attend many out of work functions where you must look smart.

By the way: My final interview is in 2 days:eek:...though I am sooo excited, my heart feels like its going to jump out of my body, Im that nervous:p!!
I still have yet to buy shoes. So, DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THEY SUPPLY SHOES AS PART OF THE UNIFORM?? OR DO WE HAVE THE OPTION TO WEAR OUR OWN? (spec of course)

skydoll.6
25th Jun 2008, 00:12
:bored:Hello Everyone,

I was not successful at the screening day today...I got eliminated after the frist round, it was identical to the last elimination where we were placed into 2 groups and given scenarios. We had to introduce the person to our right then all come up with a new revamped uniform, I think I spoke way too much and voiced my ideas too aggressively. That is the only thing I saw that I did which may have worked against me, but I was never rude or pushy as I agreed with everyone elses opinions too. At the end of the discussion they decided not the change the colours as we first planned to and one of the recruiters saw me kind of say "but how are we revamping if we dont change the colours, then we didnt really cahnge much". Not sure if that ruined it but then we were asked to leave the room and come back in to pick up the letter of "rejection or approval" on the table, I got the rejection one. I was more confused and upset then sad and emotional. I didnt understand how some girls wearing open toed shoes and summer skirts made it through further than I did, Especially after we had a strict briefing of what we should and shouldn't wear.:(

kamalrathore
25th Jun 2008, 01:25
hey cristina, its me kamal.. its okk
only thing that matters is this that u did u r best in the interview.
just be happyyyyyyy happpppyyyy dont feel sad or be upset, try for etihad next time.
U know that you have capability and the gorgeous looks so never give up. Keep on trying for some other airlines.
check this website
http://www.flightattendantcareer.com/hiring_info.htm (http://www.flightattendantcareer.com/hiring_info.htm)

ceonbroughton
25th Jun 2008, 04:04
So Sorry To Hear That I Think You Shouldnt Give Up You Should Keep Striving For That Goal, You Sounded Very Motivated. Keep Trying

IM GOING TO TRAIN TO BE A PILOT AND IM NOT LETTING ANYTHING STOP ME EXCEPT DEATH

emirates girl
25th Jun 2008, 06:34
Wow, i have to say the calibre of applicants in melb was exceptional- so many ppl got eliminated very quickly, some of tehm really experienced and beautiful flight attendants. im so excited i got to teh last round and when i did i got all emotional ahahaha.
i did the interview, it was quite hard- waiting and waiting for the email- they say it can take up to 6 weeks which SUCKS considering i hate my job and my city and cant wait to go.
i'm a bit worried the interview seemed to focus on the fact that i haven't travelled that much... hope that oesn't work against me.
thanks for all the well wishes guys.
xx

zinningi
25th Jun 2008, 08:48
I'm going for a preliminary selection in two weeks time in S.A and would like to know how am I going to be sreened? What should I bring with me? Please somebody help me!!! Oh would a black suit do the trick?
:rolleyes:

meedo12000
25th Jun 2008, 09:12
Hey Emirates girl, you got to the final at melb too. that makes two of us how did you go with final. did you answer the questions. imsure we met but i cant remember all the names. i was the only surviving middle eastern one, (Mohamed) you may remember me or not. but it would be good to keep in contact to follow up on the progress of the applications and hopefully the majority if not all of the melbourne applicants that made it to the final get in.......waiting for youre reply....

regards,

Mohamed Shihata
Melbourne, Australia

meedo12000
25th Jun 2008, 09:17
Hey Zinningi,

Try to be youreself, if you get through than try to be vocal join discussions be enthusiastic and make sure youre a part of the team. youre not there to compete just be yourself. have youre cv ready along with a passport photo and a full length photo in a white background and makesure youre smiling in both. have extra copies of youre passport ones print out 8 of them and keep them with you.....hope i helped a bit for youre cause.

pbaby
25th Jun 2008, 14:25
:ooh::ugh: I finished F.I yesterday...my interviewers were so nice but quite during the interview... that makes me frustrated......:eek:

emirates girl
25th Jun 2008, 22:20
Hey Mohamed,
I remember you- I was in group 4, my name is Jane, I'm from Hobart and we talked about Prison Break and you said you would burn me all the seasons if we both got through!! I'm going to hold you to that!
I did the final interview Monday morning 9am, first up and I thought I went ok- the questions were intense but I had done a lot of preparation and feel I went the best I could. I'm not sure if because I'm from Hobart and only lived/worked in HObart and haven't travelled a lot will work against me as they kept saying how do you know you'll be fine to leave your family, how do you know you like to travel? Also my interview only went for 25-30min?? But I tried my hardest- so proud that I got this far. How did you find the final interview. It was weird my friend Lauren from Hobart did the final itnerview on Monday afternoon and had to do a puzzle test to test her logial vs creative thinking and I didn't have to? Also her interview went for 45 minutes. Not sure what that means...
I have applied for Etihad airlines too, and got shortlisted but I am going to be in Thailand from 30/6-10/7 and can't go to the assessment days.
We should definitely keep in contact, how many of us do you think they will take? gee there was some great people there.
It sucks it takes so long to hear back because I really cant wait to get out of Hobart. Do you have any good alternatives for what you'll do if you don't get into Emirates?
Jane

skydoll.6
25th Jun 2008, 23:56
Thanks Kamal, CeonBroughton and Emirates girl (and congratulations for getting that far, u probably made it!!!:D).

Everyone was so suprised I didnt make it....I seriously dont know why either, I was so prepared. When we were having the group discussion, I had made the most points and suggestions, my friend that was there said I spoke a lot but when I made suggestions, everone was quiet, then it turned into craziness where nobody could get in a word, everyone was speaking over eachother....those recruiters kept writing stuff down as I was speaking...its just they werent following direction quite well and alllll over the place, the goal was to TOTALLY REVAMP the uniform, at first I had reccomend we keep the veil because of the traditional theme that everyone loves but change it to a deep red, everyone agreed but everyone got crazier and kept changing all the time and we ended up with the same old uniform just different coloured blouse and shoes...then i was trying to make a point and just said "how is that revamping if we didnt change barely anything?" The recruiter saw that and marked something. I was thinking "oh ****". But I mean, we were given specific instructions and I was jus reminding them....it was very unorganised and everyone was all over the place. Most of them made it.:sad: Is it wrong what I did? I wasnt pushy, i agreed with many of the ideas, but we had no order. It was chaos.

I also have a question. If I am moving to the states, do I still have to wait 6 months to re apply?:confused:

meedo12000
26th Jun 2008, 09:17
Hey there i am happy you replied and yes im still keeping up to my word regarding the p.b series, unfortunately ive been typing all day today at work so its going to be hard for me to type what happend but i could tell you im felling optimistic and i will be patient to wait. wont put in my mind the slightest thought of fail or if fail. lol. anyway it would be good to chat hence to rest my fingers from the keyboard a bit.

below are my email addresses for facebook/msn and main email and if you send youre contact details to my gmail than ill give ya a call to get the p.b saughted out and we could discuss what happened.

Also im trying to get a group organisied for the open day on facebook hence i would need to collect as many people who attened details so we can all discuss what happened over the week.

wishing the best of luck and i hope the majority if not all get in.....relax and im sure youll get the job :)

Best Regards,

Mohamed Shihata,
Melbourne, Australia
[email protected] (MSN/Facebook Only)
[email protected]

emirates girl
26th Jun 2008, 10:55
Hi,
I feel really bad for you- i know what its like to want to lead the group - especially when no one is talking and i had to really watch myself and what i said on the day. apparently its a pretty much no if you talk more than anyone else even if your being nice and encouraging- they want followers not leaders! i saw that some peopel didn't make very intelligent points but still only made one and made it through! I think disagreeing was probably not a good move- the girl who disagreed in our group was cut out? i didn't agree with some of the groups conclusions but just went with the flow which may have been the difference.

i dont want to bag the emirates recruitment process but was confused as to why ppl got cut or didn't get cut etc. Maybe they just saw a few ideas you said and didn't see where you agreed you just dont know these things. i think you still have to wait 6 months no matter where you apply.
i hope you dont think i am bagging you out or anything- i am reading between the lines, i obviously wasnt there. I'm sure they miss some great great people but thats just the nature of recruitment.......

maybe you should try another airline etihad is recruiting and they fly out of abu dubai i think?

anyways good luck. things happen for a reason- some things just aren't meant to be.... my good friend didn't get in to emirates and was absolutely devastated but looks back now and realises that wasn't meant for her, a few weeks later she met her now husband and is grateful she wasn't leaving for dubai when she met him. think positively. .... you'll make it!!

emirates girl
26th Jun 2008, 11:27
Hi All,

I've been chatting to a few ppl from the group that made it to final interview in Melb 21st June and some people had to do a puzzle test or multiple choice test at the end of the final interview, but some of us didn't?

I didn't have to do one and am worried that it means i didn't pass the final interview or something or didn't pass the psych testing the day before- i was worried about that because i had this huge headache and was struggling to concentrate on the questions-

is there any successful candidates who are up to medicals or final approval for emirates who did not have to do puzzle or multiple choice test after the final interview??? (and no i mean aside from the psych testing 180 questions?)

thanks for the help!!
:ugh:

applefigher
26th Jun 2008, 14:42
i did not take the puzzle or any other test after or during the final interview and i got hired and flying to dubai tomorrow. i heard it was just some random test so take it easy. if you had all your paperwork and pictures and other stuff they require you should hear back from them rather quickly. i heard 15 days later. From my open day to flying to dubai tomorrow it will have been exactly 8 weeks. So it can happen pretty fast.

crossing fingers for you, i know how nerve wrecking it can be waiting as i would got sad, depressed, excited, nervous all in one.:ugh:

anadjib82
26th Jun 2008, 19:22
Hi,

Is there anyone in here planning to come to Houston open day tomorrow (6/27/08)? Please let me know, because I will be there:)

CONGRATULATION for all of you who made it!! :D

elleyseda
26th Jun 2008, 19:50
Hi! anadjib82! I plan to attend Houston Open Day tomorrow!!
I am so nervous because it's my first interview ever and I don't know what to do.:\ See you tomorrow!!

applefigher
26th Jun 2008, 20:21
good luck. we need more americans

anadjib82
26th Jun 2008, 20:46
Elleyseda! How fun to know that someone is coming to Houston Open Day tomorrow! Please stay in touch.. my email is : [email protected]

For "applefigher", I am Indonesian not American:), but I have been living in Houston for over two years. Gosh.. I have been waiting for this moment in ages!

emirates girl
27th Jun 2008, 05:23
Hi Applefighter- thank you so so much for your reply- RELIEF! My friend who got into emirates just emailed me and said that she did the puzzle test and thinks i am unsuccessful!!! i so appreciate what you said.
good luck!!!! i'm so happy for you and everyone who gets in!
Jane

Little_Red_Hat
27th Jun 2008, 14:29
Thanks for all that info, esp Emirates Girl, I attended interview a few years ago and got to final but received a 'no' before the medical stage... hoping to try my luck again in July... either Perth or Adelaide (Australia)

Just a few things I would like to know:

On average, how much should I expect to need to save towards joining costs, such as medicals and so forth? Also, I have flown before so have had the main vaccinations, do I have to get them all again or is proof I have had them enough?

What are Emirates like with regard to teeth? Mine aren't perfect but they look ok in pics, it's mainly in the back the problems are. I have two impacted wisdom teeth, but my dentist said there is no need to remove them unless they cause me pain. (They don't.) Would Emirates still require me to have them taken out? I have had some cavities filled but other than that he said my teeth are fine and can't see any problems.

Also about contact lenses- I know it's said that Emirates don't accept glasses, but I once asked an Emirates crew on my flight and she said if you wear contacts and they irritate you on long flights you may bring a letter from your doctor and Emirates will allow you to wear your glasses after taking off so long as they are off with contacts back in for landing (i.e. no glasses in the terminal) Can any current (working) crew tell me if this is still true?

Also what do they test for in the eye exam? I am guessing is the standard medical tests eg colour blind test, distance vision etc... I wear contact lenses, my vision is perfect (6/6) corrected. Is the test done with or without correction worn?? Is the test only done once (in home country) or is it repeated again when you get to Dubai?? I previously got through interviews but got the 'no' before the stage of doing medical tests. I really want to get to that stage this time and am a little nervous about what is done for medicals!

I would appreciate any tips from those who have recently attended open days/interviews in AUSTRALIA only. I understand EK recruit everywhere but the recruitment seems to be slightly different here. I have heard that those who seems to talk less get through lately, is this true? I don't want to have to 'dumb myself down' to get in but I want to have a good chance as well. I don't know what I did wrong last time, so any pointers would be great!!

Thanks so much, good luck everyone!!

skydoll.6
28th Jun 2008, 10:49
Thanks emirates girl,

I appreciate your feedback. I think the same way, they want followers. Though my friend made it to the second round and was cut after that, though from what she told me, I was appalled and even more confused.

First of all, we were given specific briefing of what not to wear from the 2nd day...so this was the third day and still girls showed up in open toed shoes, flowery skirts, dresses and messy hair. They made it past my friend and I when we were amongst the most kempt (perfect hair, clothes, conservative jewelry, elegant business shoes etc.). Girls whom when asked to remember and state certain points of the conversation said they forgot and laughed made it through, they sounded like complete airheads. When I was asked I stated points because I have a brain. Sorry for being harsh, but I would understand if they had better answers then me and succeeded me, but some of thse girls had no answers and giggled it off and got past me. Even one girl actually said that customers piss her off and the recruiters were laughing with her, my friend was disgusted and now we are both questioning the true standards of emirates. Knowing this, I wonder if they are really as high up there as they come across. At first I didnt feel discouraged to still want to work for emirates after I got eliminated, I figured that they would have better candidates to get through that far, but when I found this out I was quite upset. How can anybody get through saying something like that?:{ I dont know what to think of Emirates anymore if their recruiters accept this kind of behaviour and pass them over hard working candidates like myself who would never show theyre having a hard day even if they are, this is not a good sign of customer service. That comment displayed impatience and for this individual to pass through to the end, is a mystery to me.

elleni
28th Jun 2008, 12:59
hi guys, i'm going to Dubai on 25th of july.

i passed all the stages, medicals, etc, so i want to give you some advices about the interviews especially about the group discussions. don't try to lead the group, and don't be shy. they want friendly and open people, who wants to understand others and could be able to provide excellent customer service. they don't care what point of view you have and actually it doesn't matter. there is no right answer. so don't waste your time thinking what is the best answer. the most importrant is how you deliver your own opinion and how you appreciate other’s opinion at the same time to deliver your own opinion nicely - without offending others. smille all the time, when you are talking to someone look him/her in the eyes. remember- keep smiling and be friendly is the key :ok: don't be a smart as*

You will work all the time with customers so try to think about this. if you want to lead you better apply for managing position.

Little_Red_Hat
29th Jun 2008, 08:06
Hi, does anyone have any information for me about the questions posted above? Not so much the interview stuff, as people are posting about that, but about the medical and eye sight requirements. Please help if you can, I'm getting very worried as less than 2 weeks to my interview!!! :\

meedo12000
29th Jun 2008, 08:49
Just a quick enquiry for those who got employed by EK. Alot of us are having a discussion in regards to the final interview proccess. we would like to know if you got in did you do the puzzle or not i cant do a voting thing but would certainly would like to know the figures. thanks all who took the time to read this post.

suqanne
29th Jun 2008, 14:01
hey there. now that u mention it i didnt do that puzzle test either. im starting on jul 11th. i was wondering what they were doin after their interviews. i did the physc test on my first day of interviews. i though they were just doin the phsyc test again.best of luck xx

elleni
29th Jun 2008, 16:50
about the cost for the medicals is vary depending on the country you live in. i have no idea how much it will cost in australia. i can tell you how much i spent in Bulgaria. so i paid for the medicals and x-rays around $140 and for the vaccinations $180.

teeth:

· Teeth should be free from caries and all necessary fillings completed.
· Roots etc. should have been removed. Sockets clean, uninfected and healthy.
· Temporary fillings are not acceptable.
· Gingiva and oral cavity to be free from infection or disease.
· Teeth should be free from plaque, scaled and polished. Good level of periodontal health.
· Crown and bridgework, if present, should be in good condition.
· On initial examination in EK clinic, if treatment is found to be unsatisfactory or uncompleted, it will
need to be restored at the patients expense.
· Dentures, if applicable, should be in good condition and fit properly.
· Root canal treatment should be complete and satisfactory. For recent RCT, a post treatment periapical
X-ray should be supplied
· Wisdom teeth which are normally symptom-free (i.e. which do not compromise adjacent teeth or
do not create recurrent infections) do NOT require removal.
· Dentition should be of cosmetically acceptable appearance
· Gaps / missing teeth do not need to be replaced by bridges etc. If posterior and unnoticeable.

OPHTHALMIC REPORT:

Visual Acuity:
Distant Visual Acuity must be CORRECTABLE with contact lenses to 6/9 (or the equivalent measure of 20/30) using both eyes.
Near visual acuity must be CORRECTABLE to at least N5 at 30-50cm and N14 at 100cm.

Contact lenses:
EMIRATES only permit cabin crew to fly with contact lenses. Spectacles must be available for standby correction. Soft permeable contact lenses are preferable for Cabin Crew. The very dry, cabin environment is unsuitable for hard non-permeable lenses. Candidates who require hard lenses (e.g. for keratoconus) to meet the vision standards are considered unsuitable.

the eye test is just a standart one so don't worry.

good luck :)

Little_Red_Hat
29th Jun 2008, 18:32
Thank you so much, that is JUST what I needed to find out, I am sure I meet this, will print and take to my dentist & optician and double check if I should be ok to meet this...

Thanks again, one less thing to be stressed about!! Thanks for your well wishes also..! :ok:

skybunny8
30th Jun 2008, 08:43
Hey hey. For those interested to attend the walk- in interview in Malaysia or Singapore, the details are as follows:

Penang Open Day (Emirates Airline)
Date: 5 July2008 (Saturday)
Venue: EvergreenLaurelHotel, Penang
53, Persiaran Gurney
10250 Penang,
Malaysia.
Room: Cantonment Room, Lobby Level
Time: Walk in anytime from 9.00am – 4.00pm

&

Kuala Lumpur Open Day (Emirates Airline - Flight Stewardess)
Date : 6 July 2008 (Sunday)
Venue: Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
Corner of Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Room: Function Room 3 & 4
Time: Walk in anytime from 9.30am-4pm

Singapore
Date: 12 July 2008
Venue: Furama Riverfront Hotel
405, Havelock Road,
Singapore. 169633
Room: Mercury 2 & 3 (Level 5)
Time: Walk in anytime from 9.00am-4pm

shock146
1st Jul 2008, 19:01
I'm currently an FA for an airline in the US, but am really considering Emirates. My only concern is that I have a misdemeanor traffic violation on my record(from 8 years ago) and am wondering how this would affect my eligibilty for employment there. It was not something that disqualified me for my current FA job here in the states,but I don't know if Emirates' policies are stricter in that area. Could someone please clarify who is in the know? Thanks!

midoy10
1st Jul 2008, 22:14
i am absent for 1 week from this website:hmm:

when i hear your history of open days we feel like in the interview with you :p

you write all details and i am so angry about you like you say many people not qualified pass in but the luck is an important thing :ugh:.

also don t give up your personality cracter by enthusiastic
and talent so move on and hard luck next time:D

god bless all candidats :)

Roseline
2nd Jul 2008, 02:54
I'll be attending the Saturday Open Day in Penang, anybody else planning to go?? perhaps we can share some information on msn, and help to calm each other, as i am soo nervous~~ >.<

1) Any advices on how to excel on the open day??
2) Anybody knows if SASS recruitment team are singaporeans or foreigners??
3) Any CC from Emirates who were recruited through penang open day??

Looking forward to some replies.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! ^^

sleepingpillow
2nd Jul 2008, 07:18
i got the email also. but i am in kl, so probably i will go at sunday. But i feel quite stressful to attend this kind of interview. spend whole day, too tiring.

bhill68
2nd Jul 2008, 22:47
hello everyone!!

can anyone help me' i have a question?

i just had my final interview with emirates last week, and i didnt put my referees in the paper and the lady told me to sent them to dubai, but she didnt tell that if it has to be the two references in a letter or i just have to sent them just their personal details about my referees like name, email address adn telephone number im just confuse.

someone can tell me if i have to sent reference letter or just two reference with their names and number and email adress, with the other things that they asked me to sent.

i just wanna know, and also the proof of employment have to be in english because i m from south america and she didnt also said that.

ok please can anyone help me with this i have to sent this papaer this week.

thanks

elleni
3rd Jul 2008, 07:14
If you have reference letters make copies and send them to Emirates. Don't send originals.

All documents should be in english. Any documents in a language (other than English) should be translated into English by an authorised signatory.

bhill68
3rd Jul 2008, 22:17
thanks very much for answer my question, i was really worry about that.

i have to send my documents this week.

im so nervous just waiting for the golden phone call, i think too much about that and i cant sleep lol, well, i hope everything goes well...

for those who are in the same situation good look and hope to see you in dubai soon.

SQwannabe
4th Jul 2008, 03:01
does ek accepts people with braces ? and also i was thinking of wearing glasses to the interview . Is that alright with them ? thanks !

czarina
5th Jul 2008, 04:27
I'm not sure if they will accept those with braces but you can at least try. The same is true for glasses, I guess. I'm planning to buy a contact lens this weekend for my preparation too.

Do anyone know how the SASS assess applicants? Do they assess your arms and legs as well? Or just the arm reach?

I'm kinda nervous.

Little_Red_Hat
5th Jul 2008, 15:13
Hello again, I was asking earlier about teeth and eyes/wearing glasses, Elleni was kind enough to post all of the information on the previous page. So if you look there, all the answers have been provided!!

As for braces, EK say teeth should be of acceptable appearance, I suppose the kind of braces which go on the rear of teeth would be ok as they cannot be seen? Not sure about other kinds though, my guess is they would make you wait to apply when you have braces off.

Anyone else here going to open day in Perth, Australia next Saturday the 12th? I cant make it to the adelaide one.

crew1978
7th Jul 2008, 11:03
Hi, What is the max limit of age to apply for Emirates?

rockerlpz
8th Jul 2008, 07:35
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask you: has anyone from this forum attended the Emirates open day that took place here in New York on June 25th?, if you did, does anyone already know the exact date for the NY assessment day? has anyone already received the invite?, ( that day they told us it would be this month). I'll be looking forward for your answers.

THANK YOU

elleni
8th Jul 2008, 15:34
if i'm not wrong it's from 21 to 35

czarina
9th Jul 2008, 03:11
Hello!

Can anyone help me on how the SASS Atlantic assessment is? Should we wear a corporate attire for their assessment? I'm sooooo nervous. I have called them and I was informed that the Emirates assessment will be on a different date. Will their (SASS) assessment be different from what is posted here (Emirates assessment)? or it's merely the same and the final interview may be the day for the Emirates crew? Gosh! I'm so so nervous and I can't seem to think properly. I hope you guys can enlighten me on this. please... :ugh:

donnazulfi
13th Jul 2008, 02:56
Hello,
I was wondering if anybody knows if Emirates hire staff who wish to relocate there family with them. I have heard of family units (from an unreliable source) for staff with children. My husband can relocate his work to Dubai and I would love to work for Emirates but could not if they can’t come with me.

Thanks in advance for your reply’s:ok:
Donna

TightSlot
13th Jul 2008, 07:57
Gentle reminder - please do NOT publish your real-world names and email addys in posts in a public forum - use Private Messages to contact each other if you wish to do so - Many thanks

czarina
13th Jul 2008, 15:40
You'll definitely be relocated in Dubai and you may have visitors in your flat but you have to register them in Emirates. I mean you should inform them that you'll be having visitors, then if permitted, they can stay for about 6 months in your flat (that's the longest I think).

Maybe you can just visit your family in your husband's flat (since he's relocated there too). ;)

la susy
14th Jul 2008, 09:56
Good morning to all!
I'm new in this forum... my best dream will be work with Emirates (ER)... I've worked with LAUDA AIR, I know the market of the aviation...
something know when will be in Milan or Rome the recruitment???
thank you very much!
let me know..
kisses..
susy

jem-jem
15th Jul 2008, 08:07
Hi everyone.
I am due to start in dubai on the 1st of Sept. I have a question for those already flying. I am from Melbourne and was speaking to a past-employee of Emirates who said they put you on flights to your home country but avoid flying you to the city that your from to avoid you getting homesick. Can anyone confirm or deny this?!
Much appreciated!
:)

emirates girl
16th Jul 2008, 01:44
Hi Jem Jem,

Definitely wrong!! I had a friend who was from Melbourne and she was flown home every month! Emirates are pretty good to you from what I hear that would never be the case.

Also-- I'm at medical stage, does anyone know how strict they are on this because I have told the whole of Hobart pretty much I am in etc and have started packing nearly I'm so excited and then realised this morning that technically I still have one more thing to pass? theres nothing really wrong with me at all (except for asthma) but now I'm completely stressed out because I went to Thailand recently and had these buckets of vodka and my friends and i think now they had drugs in them because we all felt really weird and i was seeing double at one point. I have never taken any other drugs but I'm freaking out I wont pass the drug test! Anyone have any ideas, apparently the buckets have speed and sudoefrom (however you spell it ) which is used to make ice!

Any help would be great!

meedo12000
16th Jul 2008, 06:54
Im starting to see alot of melbournians or those attending the melbourne open day joing the forum. cool that shows that theres a few of us.....dont stress youre self emirates girl with the medicals, just make sure as i told you the OPG and the two bitewings and the dental treatment the gp eye and hearing is good and easy. the only toughness in it is 14 days from date of email.lol...hey JEM JEM add me and youll be able to join the group from melbournes open day we could keep a good discussion going on. take care everyone.....

My facebook/Msn Messenger address: [email protected]
My Main Email Address: [email protected]

bhill68
16th Jul 2008, 19:11
hello everybody here in this forum!

somebody know after you sent all your documents how long does it take to be contact by them?
because it has been almost 3 weeks since my final interview and two weeks since i sent my documents, so i still waiting lol, im so nervous, i think about that call everyday hehehhe thats funny i think i will go crazy hehhe.

my open day was in santa cruz bolvia in south america and out of 80 only 5 went through the final interview, soi was wondering if they are gonna hire all of us .

ok i know i just have to wait lol, good look to everybody

emirates girl
17th Jul 2008, 01:01
hey bhill, dont stress out, it took them 4 weeks to ring me!! they will, if they haven't told you you are unsuccessful thats positive, it means that they are looking you over, if you hadn't passed the final interview they would have emailed you no already! if you get to 6 weeks then give them a call or an email- i have numbers if you need them, but leave it dont stress until then!!
congrats for getting this far at least!

EYIceland
17th Jul 2008, 14:39
hello everyone!

I just wanted to ask if anyone here has got a reply from Emirates SOONER than they said in the interview. In the final interview the lady said I would get an answer in 4-6 weeks.

It's too long :sad: Im just wondering if thats the longest and we could possibly get contacted before that time... I'm too excited to wait:p

Good luck to every single one of you! Stay positive and good things will come your way!

applefigher
17th Jul 2008, 17:27
i got mine in 15 days. i said i was available asap so she said i might hear sooner than others and i did.

bhill68
17th Jul 2008, 17:33
thank you amirates girl for those nice words!!! thats very nice of you!!

i know i think i have to be calm and like you said not news is good news, so i think just have chill out.

you know , i think about that final interview and you never know how you did, but i think i did good , but you never know lol.

this whole experience is really amazing.

emirates girl are you at the trainning right now?

congratulation that you get the golden call :) where you from?

easynick
19th Jul 2008, 06:57
Hey, i've been here for a few moths now working for EK, and it's quite well known that they don't roster home layovers for people from austrailia as alot of the ozzie crew call in sick down route to get a longer layover in their home town. But you can always bid for your home route, and swap it with other crew, so you will still get as many as you want.

oh and good luck to everyone who is waiting for the golden call, i know it is really frustraiting, but in the end it is more than worth it!! ignore all of the negative comments you might hear from crew already here, it is ging to be everything you expect and more! just one word fo advice.. don't expect your accomodation to be in the centre of dubai!! haha... you may be a little way out of town, but it's still good accomodation.

goood luck!!!:ok::ok::):)

pbaby
20th Jul 2008, 05:42
I gor a call and email from EK and the lady said my DOJ is 5-sep-2008.
I'm so excited:). On Monday I'll do my medical check..It'll gonna be a tough job.....Is there any one heading to dubai on 5.sep?

meedo12000
20th Jul 2008, 06:19
Just to let you know, tht ive just sent all the medical details and now its all about waiting.....Anyone else apart from emirates girl and jen jen leaving with me or bing in dxb (dubai) on the 30th of august........ for all the others wishing you the best of luck and hope that you are successful to come onboard the emirates crew.....

Take care all

Regards,

Mohamed Shihata
[email protected] (Facebook/Msn Only)
[email protected] (Email)
+61411774402 (if you want to char about anything regarding open days and interviews - by the way its australia)

emirates girl
21st Jul 2008, 04:39
Hey Bhill- I'm not in training yet- I'm at medical stage- flying out of Melbourne on 29/8!!! Have you heard anything else as yet??
Fingers crossed!!!
Emirates Girl

emirates girl
21st Jul 2008, 04:44
Hi EasyNick,
Thanks so much for your post- nice to hear from a current Emirates crew member, i have read through the current cabin crew website and (not that I know yet) but there is a fair bit of negativity on there, it started to worry me so i stopped reading it!!!! thanks for your positivity, much appreciated.
PBaby, CONGRATS!!! I'm leaving melb 29/8 so wont be with you but very close - well done!
emirates girl

meedo12000
21st Jul 2008, 05:40
Is there anyone else apart from emirates gal and myself leaving melbourne on the 29th........common Jem -Jem Dont spoil the party u gotto come along with us...............common forum group members support the cause.lol. Anyway if anyone is let us know in other word anyone arriving in Dubai on the 30th of August then you should speak up because the most likely scenario is were going to be in the same training group :). I Just got a confirmation email from Ek to state they received my medicals now its waiting for the ticket to dubai.......
The most expesive part is the dentals (less than $1000 AUD :}) the rest i have health cover for and done straight away.....Anyway it would be great fro anyone whos going to be in dubai at the same time to add me to their freinds list on either facebook or msn ([email protected]) or Email me guys and gals ([email protected]) 37 Days to Go EK Gal....The Countdown is still going.......:D:ok:....My Dream is to fly like the rainbow so high...............

Another Thing for those who are currently cabin crew with EK what can the pay get up to on a monthly basis? or in other words what was the max in USD did you earn in a month? thanks for all the help im still around and not going anywhere unless on a plane guys so dont be afraid to knock on the door..........

eveisme
21st Jul 2008, 14:13
hey all, i just attend the interviews yest, but im not one of d lucky one to get into final interview anyway. i guess the interview we undergo is diff from other countries (after wat i read the process of selection from the forum)
well, i failed the screening n assessment stage. :bored:

might be due to i just contribute a bit in the whole ssession of group interview..? we started at 9 smth, n dey select 15 applicants out of 64/65 candidates on screening assessment round 2 ( 3 pm ++). n they divide into two groups.. im one of d group 1 wit bout 7 candidates.. unfortunately i did not pass thru that round .. :ugh: its pretty disappointed though, coz like wat i mention from 1st to 2nd till 3rd.. n all this while waiting n keep on compete , by d end of d day couldnt reach final stage.. :{

bhill68
21st Jul 2008, 17:16
hi, well.. i havent heard anything from them yet , im so nervous jejejjeje.

this saturday will be 4 weeks since the final interview and i think maybe they will get to me this week or the other week, i hope.

i will let you know.

good luck to all of us waiting for the call .

NIKITAcc
21st Jul 2008, 20:24
hey Susy.
The open day is in 5 days... 26th of July in Rome.
I'm going there on friday and meeting two other girls there.
let me know if you are going.
More info about it you will find on Emirates website.

emirates girl
22nd Jul 2008, 06:54
yes i'm with mohamed, does anyone have any idea of how much you would actually earn with Emirates? I'm all confused with the base plus flying pay and have been trying to work it out- anyone have any idea how much you would earn in a month?

for anyone out there who hasn't passed through to final interviews or selection process, just think it wasn't your time, i know its easy for me to say when I am at medical stage, but things happen for a reason- one of my girlfriends didn't get into emirates and cried for 3 days STRAIGHT but a few months later met the man of her DREAMS and is now married and is grateful she didn't get into emirates otherwise she wouldn't have met her husband. the world works in mysterious ways----
hang in there everyone, its a long, stressful wait but worth it- be positive.
emirates girl

sarahz
22nd Jul 2008, 14:53
Hi,I'm working in Livigston and I'm going 2 attend the Open Day Assesment in Rome the 26th..r u going 2 be there?
And does anyone ave some usefull tips?Like dress code, grooming and behaviour?
Tnks a lot 2 everyone 4 what they have written so far..

Erinna
22nd Jul 2008, 15:49
Hi everyone, I'm a new member cuz I just passed my licences CPL and IR last month and I am actually in MCC in a private school in France. I am looking for a job as a pilot now but I have no experience (about 200 hours that's all) and I would appreciate if someone can give me some advice about applying for Emirates or Etihad... like when and where can I mail my CVs, if someone knows if they hire unqualified persons...if I need a type rating and so on
Thanks a lot to everybody

Erinna;)

tbaylx
22nd Jul 2008, 16:45
Erinna,

You'd get more luck asking in the Middle East forum, but here goes. EK's min's are currently 4000 total time with at least 2000 on multicrew jets. The guys getting hired right now are well above those minimums and most have previous command time. I believe EY's requirements are a little bit less, but similar.

As a 200 hour new commercial pilot you may be eligible for a cadet program at Etihad, though traditionally its only been open to locals. Most airlines in the middle east require several years of experience before you can apply to them. Try looking into Ryanair, they have a cadet program if i'm not mistaken that requires you to come up with some cash for a type rating, but it does get you into the right seat of a jet. Good luck.

NIKITAcc
22nd Jul 2008, 19:51
Hi Sarah
Here is the other website where you will find all the info that you need.
Cabin Crew Forum, Galley FM, Flight attendant forum (http://www.cabincrew.com/ccnetwork/default.asp)
There is much needed info about dress code, pictures, interviews etc.
you should start now... because you don't have much time left.
Good luck and see You in Rome !!!

bhill68
22nd Jul 2008, 20:38
hi everyone!!

most of the things and tips i learned from here , its very useful so read everything that is in here.

im a boy so i really dont know much a about the grooming for girls but when the 5 of us were picked, the lady told to the the other girls to wear their hair tight and groomed, the girls had to follow a dress code like business attire with a skirt, light colors like blue dark something like that, the hair have to look like a flight attendant!!.

when you go to the open day, remenber they watch you the moment you step in to the room, so be nice to everybody and always but always smile all the time, they like that.

before you go to the open day try to read many things about the company because the ladies will ask you about that, i remenbered that they asked how many airplanes does emirates have? and also, how many routes do they fly, i answer two of them but remenber dont answers all of them , give the others the oportunity to talk.

about the group discussions, always try to speak so everybody in the group can hear you, but dont over talk, always smile they watching you all the time, and remnber when somebody is sayng something you always have to said "thats a good idea" even if its not hehehehh, "i agree with that" just be polite all the time.

the english test, they gonna give you 45 to do it, so read and read many times so you dont get confuse and you will do fine.

the other group discussion is with a smaller gruop ,, this disccussion is about business situations, mine was about a hotel manager and we had to picked 5 guest out 10 and she asked why., by then only smile even if you dont know what to answer just smile heheheh i didi that lol.

im still waiting for the result, is gonna be one month since my final interview.

also, remenber be your self.
i wish you the best and good luck to all of you who are going to the open day, enyoy that day its very exciting .

good luck. if you have more çquestion i will be glad to answer.

jem-jem
23rd Jul 2008, 13:14
easynick; thankyou for your advice, I thought that was the case but sounds like its easy enough to swap flights further down the track ;)

pbaby; Hi I also have a DOJ of 5th September! I had the first part of my medicals today, I have dental and my audiogram tomorrow. Cant wait to send all the medicals off! Where abouts are you from?

meedo12000
24th Jul 2008, 01:15
JUST TO ADVISEMY STATUS WITH MY APPLICATIONS AS I CANT ACCEESS FACEBOOK FROM WORK....

MEDICALS: DONE
REPLY EMAIL FROM EK CONFIRMING MEDICALS: CHECKED
REPLY EMAIL FROM EK TO CONFIRM MEDICALS PASSED & IM IN: CHECKED
NOTIFACATION THAT I WILL BE LEAVING ON 29/08/08: CONFIRMED
AWAITING EMAIL WITH AIRFARE AND VISA: PENDING (BETWEEN 6 & 4 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE).........

HOW ARE MY MELBOURNE DEPARTUREES DOING,,,,,,, COMMON JEM - JEM YOU GOOTO TRY CHANGING THE DATE....AND MY EK GAL HOW ARE YOU DOING WITH MEDS...HOPE ALL IS WELL IF YOU NEED HELP ASSEMBLEING THE EMAIL TO EK BEFORE SENDING IT OUT BEFORE DEADLINE DAY THAN IM MORE THAN WILL TO HELP OUT......

IF YOU HAVENT GOT MY DETAILS THAN THEY ARE LISTED BELOW..... HOPE YOU ARE ALL DOING WELL....TAKE CARE:cool::D

REGARDS,

MOHAMED SHIHATA
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
[email protected] (Email Only)
[email protected] (For youre Facebook and Msn needs)
If you need my mobile than just email me and ill reply with it the number gets disconnected on the 28th of August 2008 at 11.59 LOL

emirates girl
24th Jul 2008, 02:33
hi mohamed!~! i'm on here too because cant access facebook and cant be bothered doing any work when i hate my job and im leaving the COUNTRY!! yah!
Congrats on getting your medicals and getting final approval!! do you have any idea of the time of our flights? obviously i have to get up from hobart prior to our flight time and have been thinking about booking that to get best price....

the way i am doing right now is very excited! i have completed my dentals and having my medical done tomorrow-- hopefully i'll get everything done and results back by next thurs to complete my email on time. i've read over everything really thoroughly so as soon as i get the results i'll have everything emailed off- but if i have a prob i'll def give you a shout- thanks for the offer!!

also whats this about your phone disconnecting? i have been worried about that-- whether i should continue my telstra contract-- i was thinking about paying out my contract i only have a couple of months left. and buying a phone over there- app technology is really cheap!!
also i am relying on your to teach me arabic on the way over- i bought a book but obviously pronouncing is a whole other story!!:ugh:

take care- keep me updated- CANT WAIT!!! 35 days count down.:D

meedo12000
24th Jul 2008, 03:07
I wont mention names as females could get flirted with...EK GAL.lol:oh: anyways ek runs flights to dxb twice daily theres one that stops in singapore and the other non stop, put a request that we leave together as i forgot to mention that.lol. so if you can find anything that could get you to melbourne airport before 5pm Friday the 28th of August than youre fine gal. when i said im disconnecting my phone it doesent mean im cancelling contract im leaving it with my brother butwont be reachable once i get into the immigration gates at the airport untill i purchase a phone card there in dubai. so dont worry you have a bit of extra time to chat.lol and if you need me to shrink the size of youre files let me know i could put them as a pdf. and sure buds would be happy to help you out with the arabic................sorry for the delay reply doing debt collecting at this stage give me a missed call whenever you reply during business hours and ill do the same and once i go home ill msg ya.....

emirates girl
24th Jul 2008, 04:53
hey-
thanks for that re leaving times, really helped me out, i'll get onto the aus airlines today and see what i can do- have to work out how much excess weight will cost me too... and how much hand luggage i can take on emirates (as 50kg just IS NOT enough luggage to move to dubai with)
thanks heaps for putting the request so we can leave together-- I will be devo if you ended up leaving a few hours before or after!
my administrator at work has offerred to shrink all my files for me (she's so wonderful) but i'll let you know if we can't work it out.
cant wait to fly out!! also cant wait til tomorrow and i get my medical over and done with!!
p.s i have some great card games i can teach you!
p.p.s do we have internet in our shared accommodation?
let me know asap when you get the time of the flight-- i've never flown with emirates before!
also i'm getting mixed messages, can friends come and stay wtih you in Dubai? what if they are purely platonic male friends? (random question I know)
thanks!!!

meedo12000
24th Jul 2008, 05:13
Yes We Are Counting Down....theres a song called rise up by yves la rock or something but it says my dream is to fly like the rainbow so high.......that would be a reality for us soon. dont stress with the luggage 50 kg is enough to carry from aus. more shopping in dubai at discounted prices...what happend to my idea (SPIRIT OF TASMANIA).LOL. :}. try to see which option would be cheaper. secondly ill call ek today to confirm my email has been received and if theres anything else regarding my app i need to get done and ill request that we take the same flight but you too try the same.lol In regards to internet im not sure but it looks like ill by a laptop from here if i get a good tax return but with internet letting a guy come in youre room these question is best left for someone who works with EK.lol were both on the same boat. and finally if you need me to shrink youre documents onto a pdf than let me know rather than sending 50 attachments to ek.......enjoy the last month at the workplace and get prepared as youre new life begins.....keep me up to date with the meds.

emirates girl
24th Jul 2008, 05:36
No i haven't heard that song- yeah i know your idea of the spirit was good BUT its like a 3-4 hour drive to devonport where the boat leaves from and then someone has to drive me there and then drive back and the boat sucks, and i get sea sick, it didn't seem worth all the trouble. i'm on the phone to qantas now to see their excess restrictions etc, of course they dont put them on their website and apparently the waiting queues are longer than usual i have just heard! great!
hahah i always pump you for information like you work at emirates!!
just looking at my flights now- i'll try book something to get into melb around 1pm fri 29/8 so i have plenty of time and i know my flight will definitely connect.
i'll let you know how i go tomorrow ---
take care of yourself--
nothing will stop us now!
cant wait to fly
i also cant wait to go down the slide on training and into the water in a pretend crash- thats going to be awesome!
ek girl

meedo12000
24th Jul 2008, 05:46
:} HAHAH....NICE...THE SLIDE HOPEFULLY THATS AS REAL LIFE IT COULD GET.LOL. LET ME KNOW HOW THINGS GO. ANYWAY I WONT BE MUCH OF A DISTRACTION TODAY AS IM ABOUT TO HEAD HOME GOT THE LETTER OF RESIGNATION COMPLETED TO EMAIL THEM TONIGHT AS THEY NEED A LETTER TO CONFIRM THAT MY RESIGNATION HAS BEEN ACCEPTED..... BUT THATS BASIC.LOL. HOWS PRISON BREAK GOING....ANYWAY FACEBOOK ME OR WHENEVER YOURE AT WORK AND NEED TO CHAT EMAIL-E-ME.:ok:....WERE HAVING A WORK DINNER ON THE 08/08/08 TO MARK THE SPECIAL DAY.lol AND THEN ON THE WEEKEND OF 23 - 24 AUG A FINAL GOOD BYE BBQ SO I HAVE TO SAVE FOR THAT TOO....MONEY MONEY MONEY....THATS WHAT AUSTRALIA IS ALL ABOUT SPENDING AND NO SAVING. AND THEY EXCPECT US TO OWN A HOUSE WITHIN TEN YEARS THATS MY PARENTS...THATS WHY EK CAME TO THE RESCUE TAX FREEEEEEEE...........HAVE A NICE DAY BUDS. KEEP IN CONTACT FB, MSN, ETC....

emirates girl
27th Jul 2008, 23:55
Hey there,
to be honest its just so hard with recruiters to know what they look for and what they don't. in my answers (and i'm pending medical) i was more in between not saying anything and saying anything. for example when i had the difficult co worker question, i said that i did say something to them but then i provided an example of something that helps everyone, so it i tried to compromise all the time. i'm not sure if not saying anything at all is good or bad, i know they do look for people who are followers and don't question the rules etc that much. prob better that you look like you go along with everything and dont create conflict than if you had expressed your opinion too much.

meedo--- another girl from hobart, called lauren (who i went over with , not sure if you remember her) got the emirates call last night!! so excited for her! i tried to get her to leave with us but she has a september date and its prob a bit tight with time for her as well. but no matters will catch up with her in dubai!!
also i bought a book about dubai from book shop the other day and there is sand boarding over there- sounds great!! i'm on the countdown now, putting in my medical email on wed/thurs so will call you if have probs then hopefully will get final approval and my ticket! i'm booked flying into melb as well now.
33 days!!!

ek girl

meedo12000
28th Jul 2008, 05:47
Hey Ek Gal,

Not Long to go. I think i remember her (Lauren). i have a book ready for me in dubai.lol. my aunt. hopefully during the first week she will help me settle down there and ill be able to do some shoppuing for a laptop and a new suit along with shirts and ties :). If you want come along for shopping youre welcome :ok: but i might use you as my guide if you get better with city knowledge.lol. the tickets and visa gets sent via email a few days prior to departure. they said around 4 days prior but it should be a week prior hopefully. As i said if you need me to shrink the word docs into a pdf for you, just email me the scanned images of all the filled out paperwork and ill do the rest and email it back to you in no-time. :ok:. Keep me up-to-date with the medical progress. and i thanks for the wallposts buds. 32 Days And Counting........

Ive started to pack my bags at the moment trying wisley enough to get 50kg and not a kg more......

emirates girl
28th Jul 2008, 06:01
hey meedo-
i've been so bored at work- haven't done anything the whole day (openly) found a great blog http://tampaxtowers.*************/2006_03_01_archive.html (http://tampaxtowers.*************/2006_03_01_archive.html)
for anyone who is interested on a emirates girls flights/layovers etc- its pretty good- been reading that the whole day!

i also had my chest xray today and this old radiographer who i'm pretty sure was 130 told me to wait in this TINY cubicle in this dodgy robe with no back, i was freezing and she forgot about me for half an hour and i didn't have a watch so couldnt work out how long i was waiting and eventually i had to go out in this robe thing and ask what i was waiting for, when she worked out who i was (she forgot) she just goes oh i thought you had left you can go get changed and go if you like!!
medicals take up so long and are very expensive!!!

i will def take you up on the shopping for laptop etc- and with all my dubai research i'll be like a local :) hahah...... probably not but between my research and your language abilities we'll be cruising!

p.s helpful tip -- you can take 7kg hand luggage, so i'm going to take the biggest bag that will fit as hand luggage and stack all my shoes in it- that means you'll have like 10kg extra luggage!! i'm a thinker!

meedo12000
28th Jul 2008, 06:10
Hey again buds,

The missed call thing seems to work good and no facebook who cares about it for now.lol. becareful melbourne airport are now strict with hand luggage when it comes to international flights they could sometimes be good or bloody bad. last time i left no more than 8.5 kg the guy didnt let me leave untill the bag was that weight. nice story about the xray.lol....anyway cant wait.....new life and my first full summer for 6 years....been constantly travelling from winter to winter. :eek:

emirates girl
28th Jul 2008, 06:21
oh really- putting my shoes in my handluggage was the thing that will get me through----hahah no not really i'll might be a bit more careful with that though! sometimes it just depends on who you get on the check in, dont want to risk it too much though and have to unpack 100 pairs of shoes in front of them.
really winter to winter- that sucks, although im living in a permanent winter here -- i have no idea how im going to cope wtih the weather over there- in my interview i was like i LOVE the heat- its awesome, but after a trip to thailand and experiencing humidity for the first time ever it was actually really intense.
not long to go- scary feeling.......

meedo12000
28th Jul 2008, 06:33
Prepare smart with the luggage. im on 30 kg's including the suits so another 27 kg overall and no probs and guess what the new uniforms come out officially today inline with the new a380's 438 passengers thats a large number :eek:. Anyway i know youre probably finishing up work soon so i wont bug you for the rest of the day. just joking. just got a quick appointment with family so heading from here in the next 10 minutes and off.;.....those blogs are awsome....heresa alist of others.

http://tampaxtowers.*************/2006_02_01_archive.html

SIX EXITS: Q&A with your favorite flight attendant! (http://www.sixexits.com/2007/10/q-with-your-favorite-flight-attendant.html)

EK Greed - Shocking Crew Layover Durations — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/3886462/)

Enjoy the reading.....

Amanda08
28th Jul 2008, 15:35
Hey Guys,

My 3 friends and I are starting with Emirates on 2nd Oct, we're not really sure what to expect. Is the training very intense, I heard it starts at 6.30am in the mornings, please someone tell me this isnt so! Cheers:ok:

applefigher
28th Jul 2008, 20:51
morning training sessions start at 8am and leave around 3:30pm and the evening classes start at 4pm and end around 11 pm. so it just depends what batch your in and you will get all the info once here about timing etc.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

bhill68
28th Jul 2008, 21:24
im so happy guys!! i have been waiting almost for a month and yesterday they called me:O and my DOJ is on aug 29th, they told me to send the medicals within three weeks, so i hope i can do it fast.

well im so happy, and trying to do things as soon as possible.

who is leaving on 29 aug?

i wish all the people the best and good luck , this was my second time that i apply to emirates and now i did it.

bye

emirates girl
28th Jul 2008, 23:51
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im so happy for you- its such a great feeling!!
well meedo and i are flying out of melb 29/8 so maybe we will all be on training together?? where are you flying out of?
make sure you book a double appointment at doctor and dentist in advance because you might have to wait to get in. the docs and contract can take 3-5 days to be sent via email so its beetter to be extra prepared so your start date doesn't get pushed back.
well done again!!!
xx ek girl

meedo12000
29th Jul 2008, 02:06
FINALLY WE HAVE CONTESTANT (MEMBER NO# 3) JOINING MYSELF AND EK GAL ON THE 29TH IT WILL BE GOOD TO HAVE YOU ADDED ON MSN AND FACEBOOK MY FREIND SO WE COULD CHAT A BIT. IT WOULD BE GOOD AT TIME TO KNOW WHOS JOINING YOU AT TRAINING.LOL. EK GAL GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRNING. HOW YOU DOING. SPOKE WITH LAURA YESTERDAY AND SULTAN AND BOTH ARE ESTATIC THAT THEY ARE TRAVELLING TOGETHER I THINK :confused:. HOWS THINGS WITH YOU, HOWS WORK AND BAGGAGE PREPERATIONS GOING. DID YOU READ ABOUT IPODS BEING SEARCHED AT AIRPORTS TO HELP IN TACKLING PIRATES.LOL I THINK AIRPORT SECURITY IS MORE AN IMPORTANT FACTOR THAN SEARCHING THROUGH IPODS.LOL....KEEP ME UP TO DATE WITH TODAYS PROGRESSO. IM HERE IN WORK TILL 6:30 PM BORED AND TIRED:}

emirates girl
29th Jul 2008, 02:45
hi meedo! your like my new best friend now- you kept me entertained at work!! :)
i hope you me and bhill get me go on training together! i'm sure we will if we fly into dubai at the same time.
maybe we could all go down the water slide together hahahahahah!!
im going awesome thank you- how are you? when are sultan and laura flying out again? was it 5/9?? i forgot--
work is the same- :ugh: how about you?
my baggage preparations are going well, i'm going to weigh all my shoes today and buy a small carry on bag with wheels to wheel them all through security hahaha- if anyone stops me i will smile and dazzle them!!hahaha
really ipod security? now thats just ridiculous- when i flew out into thailand they tried to search me for bombs but i didn't feel well and said oh do i have to??? they said oh dont worry about it then-????? how bad security is that?, so if you dont want to be searched you can just say you'd rather not be?? surely its not a choice-
i hope they tighten up security when we are flying--
also p.s poor lauren isn't sure she can pass meds for emirates- im meeting her today with all the docs and hopefully we can sneak something past them- fingers crossed on that one.
tell me the news--
p.s those blogs were awesome that you put up-- i loved the male flight attendent point of view- very funny.

meedo12000
29th Jul 2008, 02:56
i emailed her (lauren) the check list and the doc for meds to get her ready early if you can help her book the stuff that would be great. i told her were teammates now and its important to help out the rest of the crew :ok:. im stuck here taking exculations at telstra boring and annoying, but can handle it. see what happens when youre in a call centre.lol. the only thing making me sane is sppeaking with you and looking forward to dubai :)

emirates girl
29th Jul 2008, 03:31
ahh that must be what freaked lauren out- the check list, i was wondering why she all of the sudden panicked!! it looks pretty intense. i'm just going to have coffee with her now, so i'll take my checklist and go through it with her, hopefully we can get a few things by the emirates fine tooth comb!!
yes your right we must all help each other- there seems to be a fair few ppl from our assessment day getting in now!! thats awesome. you didn't say when sultan and laura are flying out? any others we know of got in? thats you me, sultan, laura, sophie, lauren??
im stuck here trying to organise applicants for jobs and listening to everyones excuses about why they cant turn up for work.....
go the forum-- i'll let you know how i go with lauren
ek girl.

meedo12000
29th Jul 2008, 04:26
hey jane, sorry for the late reply just had an exculation so couldnt answer you straight away. fisrtly enjoy youre coffe with lauren and send my regards. secondly keep me up do date with youre app. you have two days remaining. one day.................:eek:. there leaving on the 5th of sep thats a week after us.

louisd
29th Jul 2008, 20:19
Hey guys, I had my final interview on 21 July. I think it went quite well. They said we should get feedback within 2 weeks. So almost there... the waiting is hectic huh?! :} I'm sooo excited, yet a little nervous!

londoneasyjetboi
29th Jul 2008, 20:48
So I went for my second Open day at the weekend. Around the same amount of people as the first time.

Last time I went I was really into answering all the questions bout do we know EK and have we been to DXB etc... and then in the group activities, looking back, I think I may of been too vocal during the group stages, so then it wasnt such a suprise that I didnt get thru to the next stage. Just as a side note, there was a guy at the first one that didnt particularly want the and therefore said nothing during the group thing, his parents told him to go.

Now the second one, same deal again, but I didnt really make it known that had flown with them before and had visited nor did I let it known, except in CV that I was CC already. Then in the group excercise, I didnt really say anything, but was taking an interest in what others were saying, and again, was speaking with another guy, who was currently flying also, and was talking alot in the group exercise and again wasnt really bothered if he got it or not due to personal reasons, found out today, that he actually got thru to final interview, but good on him, he was a nice guy!

anyways back to me. So I got the rejection note again at the first stage, even though I was different to last time, now the only reason I can think of is there is 'look' that Emirates uses and I didnt match that, you know, Im a bit bigger, I'm balding with very short hair and lets just say this other guy was your typical stunning German man. Am i right in thinking that looks play a big part in getting through the relevant stages in EK? I guess I am just used to being in the UK and companies not able to say no on the grounds of looks etc.

So I guess I am off to the gym for the next 6 months... but thats not going to make my hair grow back :)

Anyother advice for the next time?? other than the above....

Sorry guys for the long reply, but I am at a loss...

cheers!

bhill68
29th Jul 2008, 22:46
thanks very much !!! its a nice feeling to get the phone call.

im flying on aug 29th out of Quito, ecuador. thats in south america, its a long flight from here to dubai i think i will be there in dubai next day.

i will be so nice to have the trainning together!!

can you guys give me your emails so we can chat in msn .

take care and see you there bye

meedo12000
30th Jul 2008, 05:36
Were All Set For Dubai Arrival 30th of August Departing 29th of Course....Anyway Bhill68 you can add me to youre msn and facebook along with anyothers that want to do so.

My Msn/Facebook Email Address: [email protected]

Hope to hear from ya soon.

Hey Ek Gal i got youre email. if you reconsider the decision let me know. make sure the email is no bigger than 1 megabyte.....hows youre day at work? anyway im here until 6:30pm....if you want to chat a bit.lol

saurabh_sharmaa
30th Jul 2008, 07:16
hey guys.....
well im new to this place as in pprune and guess dont know much abt it so do u think is ther any1 who can help me wid wats wat in here
guys pls help
worried a lil :\

sarahz
30th Jul 2008, 18:25
Hello!
I went 2 the open day in Rome and got trough till the final interview..I've got no clue of how it went, just hope well!:confused:
Does anyone know about somebody who got till the final interview and then didn't get called?I'm so worried!:confused:
However,thank you everybody for all the good advise that u have given me, probably without u I wouldn't have got till the end!THANK U!!!!!!!!!:ok:
I've just got 2 wait now & keep my fingers crossed!
If someone that was there in Rome with me has some news,pls, let me know!

nickedo15
30th Jul 2008, 20:21
hey
Hi i went to 4 interview before i finally joined emirates...and i passed with the advice as given below.

ok, when you have your next interview again, always make sure you dress in black....if you a boy....NEVER TAKE OFF YOUR JACKET TRU OUT THE INTERVIEW! LOOK smart, and check your shoes!!!dont use too much jel or wax...they prefer the natural ones! short hair and decent cut! girls they like to have hair tide to the back with a little knot!
upon arrival make sure you try to communicate with most and smile allot!

ok when the interview starts you will go into groupdiscussions first! where they put you in small little groups and they give u topic!
now....what you do is....., while group discussing, DONT EVER EVER SPEAK OUT AND BE CENTRE OF ATTENTION! for some reason emirates love the quite ones!! ok.....when you speak, make sure you speak only when you have to! BUT THEN AGAIN DONT KEEP QUITE ALL THE TIME! SPEAK OUT BUT NOT TO MUCH! and dont interap the group! ok.....,
when they mark your sheet there are a few bonus points they would give you if you do the following.....they call that golden points:
1. when you see someone quite in the group and you see that the person have not spoken as much.....POINt THAT PERSON OUT BY NAME...., EXAMPLE:.....Lisa, what do you think?' or 'hey guys lets give Lisa also a chance to speak' or.....'lisa you have been quite what do you think'. ok?get me?
2. you also get golden points if you address a person by his name
3. and then what you must remember is.......NEVER EVER EVER DISAGREE WITH ANYONE!! even if they wrong!! the moment you disagree...IT MEANS NEGATIVE!!! ALWAYS COMPLIMENT ONES SUGGESTION! BUT DONT DISAGREE! THAT IS AN INSTANT DISMISSAL!
4. THEN YOU ALSO GET A GOLDEN POINT IF YOU SAY THE FOLLOWING 'HI GUYS COULD WE JUST SUMMARISE OF WHAT WE HAVE JUST SPOKEN', OR 'WITH OTHER WORDS JUST TO SUMMARISE UP TO NOW....' OR 'could we just clarify and get all the points together'....get me????
5. then you also get a golden point if you constantly warn people about the time...lets say they give you 5 minutes for a topics.....you could perhaps say....' GUYS WE HAVE APPROX 2 MIN LEFT...SO LETS COME TO A CLOSURE!!!!! Get me?
smile allot and be very positive!!!
6. ok.....when they give u a topic....and as you have a group discussion, suddenly they stop the group and add some more detail in.....always sound like you very excited for example 'oh my gosh guys...this is getting interesting....they add more cards on....' or 'ohhhhh this is awsome....now the game just start' ...get me??
7. never speak over people, and when someone take the lead.....and speaks all the time....let him be...u will see he will not last long!
8 when someone says something, always clarify ones or twice by saying...'john i really like your point, WHAT DID YOU MEAN BY SAYING? THEN after he reply...u can say...'wow thats awsome.....wise thought'
9. NEVER SAY....'I THINK' OR 'I HAVE DICEDED'...ALWAYS SAY....'WE AS A GROUP HAVE DECIDED' OR 'WE ALL AGREE'
10. ALWAYS ASK THE GROUP......'do we all agree on that point' for example...when they say ....name 5 celebrities in the world who you wil invite to your birthday and why?when you clarify or summarise ....you can for example say....'Naomi Campbell.....do we all agreee'? get me??

ok you use all these above for both group discussions......! however in the second group discussion, you have to listen carefully, cause thats when they ask questions about what was said.....listen very carefully, cause they ask all individually! and if you cant remember just say anything but never keep quite!!

if you can go tru all these points i promise you now you cant go wrong!!!
then for the final interview.....just be yourself....laught allot and smile allot! and one golden rule.....NEVER SPEAK BAD ABOUT YOUR X EMPLOYEES OR X BOSS!! always speak positive!! you can for example say. 'I REALY LOVED MY OLD JOB..BUT EMIRATES IS AN OPPORTUNITY, THATS WHY I WANA CHANCE MY JOB!

HOPE THIS WILL HELP!!! :--)

bogdanko
30th Jul 2008, 21:59
Really helped as I have my interview next week !
THANKS for Ur time to write all this :)

emirates girl
31st Jul 2008, 01:07
hey bogdanko (http://www.pprune.org/forums/members/191158-bogdanko)!!

good luck, make sure you relax and smile!!!

hey meedo-- we have had a desk changearound at work and my desk and computer screen is now right in front of the manager...................so i cant chat on here anymore!! :( :(
still trying to get a hold of emirates, but i'll just organise my own bags no worries!! sent medicals in all good, have a receipt but no final approval as yet.. will keep you posted.
ek girl

meedo12000
31st Jul 2008, 01:14
hey meedo-- we have had a desk changearound at work and my desk and computer screen is now right in front of the manager...................so i cant chat on here anymore!! :( :(
still trying to get a hold of emirates, but i'll just organise my own bags no worries!! sent medicals in all good, have a receipt but no final approval as yet.. will keep you posted.
ek girl

Thats not nice...... request for a seat change :confused:...dont worry youll get a reply email a few days after thats how they were with mine. be smart with the kg's. did you get the qantas excess luggage thing sorted? and if you call the number i gave you around 3 pm - 4:30pm australian time youll get threough straight away....keep trying....can you also ask them do we have to get a copy of the birth cirtificate along with the passport of immediate families or just passport copies? thanks

meedo12000
31st Jul 2008, 01:49
HERE A LINK TO WATCH EK'S A380....who knows youll be onboard it

Gulfnews: Take a look inside the Emirates A380 (http://www.gulfnews.com/gntv/videos/10233256.html)

meedo12000
2nd Aug 2008, 01:38
I Have Seen No Activity On This Forum For A Few Days....anyway Just Coming Into The Frame Again To Say Hi...hope You Have Great Weekend....

Regards,

Mohamed Shihata
Ek Cabin Crew As Of 30/08/2008

louisd
2nd Aug 2008, 19:32
Yeah meedo.. you and emirates girl kept the blog alive lol.
So you done your medicals etc?
I'm waiting for feedback after the FI... nerves! All the best! :)

supermonkey
2nd Aug 2008, 21:41
OMG.....now you are waiting for the final interview>???!!! that great~ 9 AUG is opening interview, I will attend , so nervous, I really really hope can get the job hehe... normally wat question they will ask for the first rounf interview???
1) how mnay airplent they have,
2( how mnay routes?

any other>?? I wish to prepair well...seem is my first interview:)

meedo12000
3rd Aug 2008, 01:50
Yep louisd (http://www.pprune.org/forums/members/269068-louisd) sent the meds and everything is set for aug 29 departure. thanks for the compliment if you or anyone need tips or anything feel free to add me on facebook or msn ([email protected]) or email me ([email protected])

meedo12000
3rd Aug 2008, 01:52
JUST TO ADVISE ANYONE FROM MELBOURNE WHO HASNT APPLIED AND WANTS TO ATTEND AN OPEN DAY THERES ONE ON THE 14th OF AUGUST HILTON ON THE PARK - MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA. TOP PLACE TO HAVE THE OPEN DAY...WISHING YOU THE BEST OF LUCK IF INTERESTED....:ok:

louisd
3rd Aug 2008, 19:58
Thanks for that!
I got my CALL this morning - :ok: woohoo!!
My DOJ is 19 September. Gotta get the medicals done very soon. Hopefully I could manage to squeeze it in early this week... so much to do!

Can't find you on FB?

Cheers

danielsirrom
3rd Aug 2008, 20:08
To nickedo15

I think your advice is all spot on...however I do think if people need to learn these behaviour patterns for a recruitment process (as opposed to naturally displaying them) then some really need to consider if this is the right position for them.

If your natural penchant in a group setting is to speak over people/not listen/put down their ideas and generally trying to be a bossy boots and run the show then the truth is going to out once in the job!

Dan

meedo12000
3rd Aug 2008, 22:06
If you look for [email protected] or Mohamed Shihata youll find me. alternatively if you send me youre details ill add you straight away :ok:.

By the way congrats the important thing is you get youre dentals done asap.:cool:

Take care.

Looking forward to seeing you in dubai.

Regards,

Mohamed Shihata (A.K.A - Meedo)
Melbourne, Australia
[email protected] (For Facebook & MSN)
[email protected] (My Gmail Account Emails Only)

supermonkey
3rd Aug 2008, 22:57
did you get my email??

meedo12000
3rd Aug 2008, 22:59
Who got the email?

emirates girl
4th Aug 2008, 00:20
hello--- its my last week at work--- thank goodness for that!!!
just have to have a big complain about emirates HR, i have called around 20 times a day since tuesday and sent 4 emails about my baggage and they will not speak to me! and one time amelka picked up and then hung back up- and no it was a d/c because then she wouldn't pick up the line again.
its becoming a huge challenge to speak to them!
also i finally got an email back about my medicals (which they sent to the wrong email- and so it was lucky i even checked it) and they listed all these things i hadn't done- that were actually attached!! so i've written back saying - please refer to page 2 of the attached etc-- hopefully they realise
god knows what is going on over in dubai HR right now.
anyways so still waiting on final approval --- i'm DYING to get it!!
any news from anyone else????
random question of the day does anyone know if dubai have netball competitions?
also for everyone i read on the cabin crew emirates forum that generally you earn $AU 2500-3000 per month, which includes meals, allowances and flight allowance.
bring on the 29/8-- cant wait to get out of hobart!!!!!

meedo12000
4th Aug 2008, 00:31
LOL.....FIRST OF ALL WELCOME BACK TO THE FORUM BUDS. SECONDLY I TOLD CALL BETWEEN 3:30pm to 4:05 pm and youll get through. beleive me shell answer. i saw your document.lol there were a few duplicates.lol. $AU 3000 is not bad tax 3 so 33K Annually plus eho knows what bonuses we get at the end of their financial year. so between 3 6 years in the business and hopefully that means a good saving at the end....here in aus no chance you would be able to save 70K in 3 years:ok:. regarding netball have no idea......i wouldnt mind playing a bit of football/soccer...dont forget the time to call between 3:30pm and 4:05 to be exact i got through at 4:02 LOL. shell answer no doubt about that. Keep me updated buds, im here till 12:30 pm then head home..... short day today :)...keep me updated....

Also Found Another Blog: THE JOURNEY | Becoming EMIRATES Cabin Crew (part I) (http://annie-thejourney.com/?p=137)

Youll Like it :ok::}:):D:O

Take Care

Regards,

Mohamed Shihata
Melbourne, Australia
[email protected]
[email protected]

emirates girl
4th Aug 2008, 01:10
HAHAHA, i honstly did call between 3:30-4 BUT i will try YET AGAIN this afternoon and if i still get no answer trust me you'll be hearing about it hahah. yes my document that i sent you was a bit muddled but the one i sent through was all fixed up and rescanned! so i didn't think it was that hard to work out.

yeah i was pretty happy with the salary- i'm on a fair bit more now but i hate my job and its all commission so theres no gurarantees. yes def able to save when paying no accommodation/bills!

i love playing soccer too- but i'm not that good at it, i LOVE to watch it though- but i like playing netball because i am actually good at it- we'll have to suss it out when we have our week off!
i have my alarm set for 3:30- trust me i'm there on it! (i really should stop moaning- and just be happy i'm GOING!!)

also i'm trying to encourage lauren from hob to come iwth us on the 29/8!! fingers crossed on that one!!!

p.s your a slacker, finishing at 12:30!!!!

meedo12000
4th Aug 2008, 01:24
Youll get an Answer, Trust me. was i wrong when i told you youll get a call back:D. Im not slacking up in work they just cut a few shifts today due to the fact its a bit quiet so thats fine by me today. its the only shift cut for this fortnight. thats great new about lauren pending she accepts:ok:. And good you fixed up the doc.lol. anyway thats good youre back online in the forum....check out that blog youll like it....

I probably end up learning netball in 50 degree heat....lol. most likely will end up playing soccer after ramadan...fasting starts 3 days after i depart. im used to it as when melbourne was in summer during ramadan it was unbearable but considering i have airconditiong during training and dont go out during the day i will be light tanned and no darker. and ill survive...thankfully training is during that period.... DID You See the A380 vids...type Emirates+A380 search in google and youtube and youll see how good of a plane that is.....

emirates girl
4th Aug 2008, 06:27
hi meedo-- soo i rang from 3:30- 4:15 solidly. i got one pick up from the number that called me to offer me the job from the HR lady who pretty much cant speak english. she still now thinks im a pilot!!! i tried to talk to her about my baggage and she kept saying you must email problem, and when i told her i had emailed every day for over a week she just said we get back to you!! i said when will you get back to me? she just goes- you wait you wait and then just said bye!! amelka ignored her phone the WHOLE time---
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! too bad if i had an actual emergency like I was booked to leave this Friday and couldn't go!!
i cant check the blogs, still under a fair bit of supervision.... but might have a look when i get home....
from the frustrated ek girl

meedo12000
4th Aug 2008, 09:14
constantly call everyday between those time especcially to amalka and youll get through.....

And thanks for the email.....really appreciate it:)

easton87
4th Aug 2008, 10:30
Hi there, Im new to this forum, I've just recently applied for Emirates Cabin Crew and was just wondering how the process works - Do you just turn up to one of the open days with CV etc or do you have to be invited by email after online application?
would be grateful if some1 could inform me!

NIKITAcc
4th Aug 2008, 12:46
Nikedo15 thank you for all the good points regarding group discussion. It was my problem that I spoke too much... next time I won't do it again. That just gives me another 6 months to get prepared .... :ugh:
Hopefully next time I'll make it thru.

bogdanko
4th Aug 2008, 16:30
hello everybody ! just had my assessment day with EK in London ! and didn't got through the first round :rolleyes:

well nickedo15 has given some good advice and I ve kinda did what I thought was right at the group exercise. I ve tried to summarise the group discussion; listen to others; maybe it was because I didn't speak that much ?! anyways I think I ve tried to hard to concentrate and just forgot to relax and speak when I felt like . But I think danielsirrom is right ! I think U just have to be yourself! Now I know that's what theyr looking for. They can spot U if U are fakeing! lol
There were ppl who didn't speak that much and passed and others who were almost shouting to impose their opinions and they all passed ! So think there are no rights or wrongs ! Just to be relaxed :)

Hey emirates girl hope everything is going to sort out ok for U :)

anyone been to the assessment today/ how did it went for U?

Crew_Girl_2
4th Aug 2008, 21:12
Hello everyone this is my experience of an Emirates selection process in London. 29th and 30th July

Day 1: You watch 3 videos about Emirates then have a chat any questions you may have. Then you do the reach test. Then you introduce yourself to everyone. Then you have to do 3 group exercises - they want to see how you interact with other people really. Then you have an hr for lunch and they make there minds up and make descions who to keep/ not to keep etc...

You get a piece of paper and they tell you to go down to reception and look at it - it's either congratulations or sorry blah blah blah.

You then go back upstairs to fill out some paper work do a pyschometrical test and arrange the times for everyone's interviews for the next day.

Day 2: The interview was with 1 recruiter and they put you at ease it's more like a chat rather than an interview it's all based on your previous jobs and experience there is nothing you can prepare just think about your past experiences and have some scenarios ready.

Now i have to wait 3 - 6 weeks fingers crossed i really would be so happy if i got it!

Good luck to those with interview coming up and to the guys going out to DXB soon! :D x

santusa
4th Aug 2008, 23:50
Does Emirates really contact your references after the final interview? :}

Crew_Girl_2
5th Aug 2008, 09:50
I was told at the interview that they don't check all references maybe 50% of all applications i think i was told!

Santusa don't worry you'll find out soon enough if you don't get it just keep trying. I've got my fingers crossed for you. I heard that 22nd July in London had a big turnout? I only had 6 people on my day...................
Weird!

santusa
5th Aug 2008, 16:13
thank you!

we had about 65-75 people for the assessment day. i think that about 10 made the final interview in London.

meedo12000
5th Aug 2008, 23:02
WISHING ALL THE UK OPEN DAY GROUP THE BEST OF LUCK.:D AND IF NOT SUCCESSFUL THE BEST OF LUCK FOR NEXT TIME.....:ok:

Hey bhill68 + EK Gal how are youre plans going for depature. (medicals as well) hope all is good....EK Gal i tried calling you yesterday to check up on how you went with contacting amalka....any luck.:eek:

the trick is let it ring to her phone 4 times than hang up dont wait till the end. then do the same again after 2 minutes. after that than call to the full and youll get through. ilearnt that trick when i got inpaitient at a certain stage.lol:}

hows work and hows limited access to pprune doing for ya.lol

anyway thanks for the message (FB) and hope to hear from you soon.:O

Take care guys.;)

Regards,

Mohamed Shihata
Melbourne, Australia
[email protected]
[email protected]

emirates girl
5th Aug 2008, 23:43
hey meedo,
plans for departure are going slowly- i have to go to an audiologist in hobart now, apparently the hearing test at doc wasn't thorough enough and the earliest appointment i can get is 20/8. i finally got through to someone (not amelka- she is compeletly hopeless and your phone tactics did not work) and talked to them about baggage and the audiologist and have some bad news, apparently the training for the leave date 29/8 is overbooked as it is and if I don't get the hearing done in the next week my leaving date will be pushed back to the 12/9 as the other weeks are full too-----
so trying to ring all the audiologists in hobart again today to get on their cancellation lists but have to wait see how it goes- if I don't leave until 12/9 I'll get to see grandma who is flying over from NZ on the 6/9 to Hobart so good and bad both ways-------
sorry but at least you'll have BHill when you get in to dubai!!
i'll keep you updated
ek girl

i_am_waiting
5th Aug 2008, 23:56
After reading through some threads, its interesting to see that people who have pre-selected to join Emirates are already 'bagging' the Emirates recruitment co-ordinators, you will meet them on your first day or so when you land in Dubai and you can see clearly the people they have to deal with.

They look after so many people day in day and do a fab job. The mailboxes in Emirates are always full regardless of which department you call through the sheer volume of crew with queries, there are over 9,000 of us and at least 1000 of you guys going through recruitment processes at different stages. So before calling, stop and think of the pressures that these guys are going through to get you online.

ps. Emailing always works, u'll get a response within 2 days, (Friday & Saturday are of course the DXB weekend)

meedo12000
6th Aug 2008, 00:11
EK GAL,

PLEASE TRY YOURE BEST....WHEN YOU WENT TO THE AUDIOLIGIST DID HE/SHE DO A GRAPH THING TO TEST YOURE HEARING AS THATS WHAT EK REQUIRE ALONG WITH THE DOCUMENT... IF THE DOCTOR YOU WENT HAS THAT TELL THEM TO DO A COPY AND HAVE A REPORT READY FOR YOU. TRY YOURE BEST TO LEAVE ON THE 29th....BELEIVE ME ITS ALL ABOUT LUCK WITH TRYING TO GET THROUGH THERE NOT THAT BAD....lol

SULTAN SENT HER MEDS OFF AND SAYS HI....KEEP ME UPDATED

REGARDS,

MEEDO

emirates girl
6th Aug 2008, 00:18
when i went to the doc they did a hearing test and filled in the emirates form but couldn't do a graph and their machine doesn't do graphs. so thats why i have to go to audiologist now....................
i'll try but i have to say its not looking good so far, i'm on the cancellation lists but see how i go.
say hi sultan too----------- i'll have to start stalking people who are leaving on the 12/9............

meedo12000
6th Aug 2008, 00:24
THEY FILL UP THIS GRAPH MANUALLY NOT ELECTRONICALLY (Link below)

http://www.plumbers.cepu.asn.au/images-ohs/audiogram.gif

Thats what they are meant to fill out when they did the hearing test.
push them into it you paid for a an appointmet.lol and they didnt do their job correctly....lol

Keep the 29th youre primary date.lol

emirates girl
6th Aug 2008, 00:26
i agree recruitment staff do a great job, and i wouldn't call unless I had to, I'm a recruitment consultant at the moment, looking after over 200 temporary employees and i understand its hard to get back to everyone but the reason I used the word hopeless is after over a week of emailing everyday and calling everyday i still received no response- not even one to say, we're looking into it we'll get back to you--- its just frustrating when your on the other side of the world with a valid question and you cannot get through.
i'm not having another jab, but seriously maybe they should look into their procedures if everyone has the same problem??

meedo12000
6th Aug 2008, 00:39
Hi i_am_waiting did you get through the final interview....or are you working with ek already ....whats the gos?

czarina
6th Aug 2008, 10:12
I had my final interview last week. After 9 days of wait, I have finally received it and I am joining on Aug 29!!! Woohoo!!! :cool:

This is soooo overwhelming! I was at the mall when she called me and all I did was to say "thank you" and "okay". :O Anyway, she told me to finish my medicals as soon as possible but the problem is I didn't receive the email yet. Hmmm... Maybe it will take a while, right?

I hope you guys can help me out so that I know what to do. Thanks! :) ;)

louisd
6th Aug 2008, 17:35
Hi Czarina,

Congrats on the golden call - exciting stuff huh?:}
Got my call on Sunday morning and received the e-mail with the medicals' details 2 days later - you should get it this week still. My DOJ is 19 September. (I have to give 4 weeks' notice).
Where are u from?

All the best!:ok:

meedo12000
6th Aug 2008, 22:54
I Like hearing good news out of this forum

Well Done czarina (http://www.pprune.org/forums/members/259738-czarina) Will look forward to seeing you at my trianing then. lol. also congrats to louisd (http://www.pprune.org/forums/members/269068-louisd). its a good time to do training during ramadan, as we can focus on our work.lol and then after training when graduate then we can start having fun and do some major shopping whilst in dubai :ok:

Anyway i hope you girls go well with completing meds and getting youre bags ready. EK GAL how are you. How did you go with the Audioligist.....you still leaning towards changing the date?:ugh::sad::{

Anyway keep me updated.........the list of successfull applicants are growing..which is good to hear...the A380 is the real deal and more cabin crew to run it. who wants to work in the bar upstairssssssssssssssss

Crew_Girl_2
6th Aug 2008, 23:09
I know, right now seems to be a good time to EK what with the A380 and exciting new destinations. I bet you're really excited as it's not far now 'till your start date.

I have everything crossed that i'll be successful - i must admit i am already struggling and it's only been a week since my interview!

Good luck to everyone and i'll keep you updated on my wait :ok:x

czarina
6th Aug 2008, 23:58
I received the overloaded attachment today! Good relief! Louisd, I am really from the Philippines but I went to the open day here in Singapore. I have a few questions regarding the medicals.

I just had my medicals on HIV and chest x-ray last April, will they consider that? (Unfortunately, I only have a photocopy of it because I gave it to the immigrations for visa purpose).

czarina
7th Aug 2008, 00:07
Hello! Don't worry! I have received the call 9 days after my interview. Just keep praying and entrust everything to Him and He will provide. :ok:

i_am_waiting
7th Aug 2008, 01:33
HI yes, i am already working with Emirates, My probation finishes next month so fingers crossed.

For those of you who are interested in upgrade infomation and time frames they are down to just 10months in economy before you can move upto Business, when i first got here it was over a year so thats exciting news. Also the A380 currently to apply you need to have been here a year, that is a rumour but they prefer people who have been here a while, not sure if that is to do with exclusivity of the metal smartie tube i am not sure.

meedo12000
7th Aug 2008, 03:31
Well Done czarina (http://www.pprune.org/forums/members/259738-czarina). Make sure you get the dentals done asap the rest is straight forward. and guys and gals who had the final interviews, it takes time for the call to come be patient. they told me it would be between 2 and 6 weeks i was one of the lucky ones that got a call before then, EK Gal and other got the call after me by a few weeks so it depends. and i_am_waiting (http://www.pprune.org/forums/members/210058-i_am_waiting). im not in a rush to move into business class, yes they pay better but i will be patient as ever and try to get through the training and dedicate my time to woking hard :ok:. then well see what happens maybe become cabin crew trainor later on and settle down, as with middle eastern parents they want me to get married soon. told thats not happening yet....lets work and have a bit of fun than we could focus on family stuff. have a good day group.

bkkfly
7th Aug 2008, 07:35
I fly out from Melbourne tomorrow for my DOJ 8th of Aug (damn, will miss the opening ceremony!)

Just wondering, would you say for the flight over it would be ok to dress fairly casual? i.e nice shirt, jeans etc? In the final briefing there is no mention of this - only that for the first few days of training we shoud wear office type clothing.

Also, for those of us who are going on a DOJ flight one of my mates who is already in Dubai told me we are welcome to use the EK lounge etc as we are now technically staff? can anyone confirm that?

Thanks

meedo12000
7th Aug 2008, 07:40
hi there, i was meant to leave that day but delayed it. im pretty sure smart casual as they are aware that were travelling and the video shows it too.. but its best to call them now and let us know as a confirmation it would be great to know.

sarahz
7th Aug 2008, 09:56
I can't belive it! I was in Mombasa for a layover and they phoned me telling me that I've got through! :eek: :} :O
I've got to do the medicals now and if all goes well I'm off on 5 September!
I'm so happy!
Has anyone else from the Rome recruitment day (26 July) been called?:confused:
Let me know...
Good luck to everyone,
Sakari xxx ;)

Crew_Girl_2
7th Aug 2008, 13:57
Wow that's so quick...Congratulations! :D I went to an assessment day on the 29th July in London then had my final interview on the 30th July.

Who do you fly for at the moment? I worked for Silverjet up until they went bust in June.

Now on a temp contract with Thomas Cook based out of LGW can't wait to travel again as i'm pretty much just on a short haul roster at the moment!

louisd
7th Aug 2008, 16:24
Congrats!
You're starting soon! You going to have your medicals done very quickly.
Did mine today - what a mission!!! Still have a few small things to finalize.
And it was expensive!! :bored:

All the best!

emirates girl
8th Aug 2008, 01:10
hi meedo- yes still looking at 12/9 at this stage, be better with family stuff and doctor cant do the graph and audiogists taking forever to get into .....
so---- sorry i think we'll end up with a diff departure date.

congrats to everyone who is getting in-- well done, wow theres so many of us!, but then emirates is in massive growth its just as well!

good luck to everyone !
ek girl xx

sarahz
8th Aug 2008, 10:29
Did you manage to do everything in one day? I don't know how I'm going to fit it all in 'cause I'm still working for Livingston, ex Lauda Air, and my roster this month is jam-packed!
I just hope I'll manage to do everything.. I'm still waiting for my medical e-mail....
What do they ask you to do?
Thanks and bye

louisd
8th Aug 2008, 14:03
I got most things done in one day - sent you a private message to explain my day. :)

All the best - hope you find a gap to fit it all in!!

:ok:

bhill68
8th Aug 2008, 16:59
hello guys!!! i have been really busy doing my medicals it took me almost a week to do my medicals, here in my country it takes forever to do that and its really difficult to have all the documents in english but i did it !!:) hehehe i sent my medicals yesterday i hope everything goes well!! and hope they dont ask me for more details or more dedicals.

do you know guys how long does it take to get the final approval from emirates? im really exciting and looking forward to hear from them.

if anyone wants to add me in msn or facebook my email address is [email protected].

i will keep updated.

good luck everyone

meedo12000
9th Aug 2008, 02:55
Im heading to dubai on the 29th of aug and just needed some tips on how the training operates how long it is exactly. what happens when you arrive what are the first few days like. how do they operate in regard to their medicals. and as someone may have asked you ek flights from melbourne usually arrive a 4am. so i presume that clean jeans, formal shoes and t-shirt wouldnt harm. anyway it would be great to know this type of info. and it would be great to know fellow aussies working from ek.
If You have facebook/msn please dont hesitate to reply or add to this email address ([email protected])

Am looking forward to hearing someone's advice. thanks for taking the time reading this message. :ok:

Bhill Dont worry youll get a reply a few days later i ended up waiting a few days for that and everyhting was fine then they said between a week and 4 days prior to departure so wishing all applicants well. did you end up adding me on facebook by the way you have been added to my facebook freinds list. found ya thanks for the email address. waiting for the acceptance.lol. hey Ek gal hows things buds havent heard from you in a while ( a few days seems like that) it will be sad to see you not coming on the same flight. i heard some one got a free upgrade to bus class as the flight was full. i hope im in the situation.lol

Regards,

Mohamed Shihata
Melbourne, Australia

easton87
10th Aug 2008, 07:13
Is any1 attending the interview in Dubai on the 12th August! I've only just been invited and doesnt state on the email what I need to take with me! Can ne1 help?

leecronje
10th Aug 2008, 08:16
hi all :)

wow it has been so amazing and eye opening reading all these messages!!!I'm so glad that there are people out there willing to help others that are trying to get into emirates!!

Its a really stressful process, especially if u don't get in you have to wait some time till you can apply again! Well i've been wanting to do this for ages and i've just been waiting to finish my teaching degree this year so i can apply, and finally the time has come :) Emirates is coming here on the 6th and 7th of september and i'm hoping i'll be picked to attend them. I'm just stuck on this application form!!

Firstly the photo's, any suggestions there?how should i take them?
Secondly, the question about why would you like to work for the emirates group??i've answered it but i'm terribly affraid that i'm totally off track!

Please if anyone could give me advice i would really appreciate it!! Otherwise all the best to those who are going for the interviews soon!! Please keep me updated to how it goes!

Keep well everyone
regards, lee

michaelflynn61
10th Aug 2008, 23:42
Jjust a quick question about the interviews and if you are successfull. Would they require you to be available straigh away or waht?? The reason I ask is because my current contract is until th end of october and I love the airline so dont want to have to leave early if the case came so in the interview (22nd Aug) would t look bad saing i wouldnt be available til afterthat or would they mind??

Cheers for any help guys

:)

meedo12000
11th Aug 2008, 04:07
there shouldnet be any problems if its during the open day period but its alway best to try and free up that day as they would respect you more :)

nightwish
11th Aug 2008, 17:34
I am new on this forum and I wondering if someone can tell me how long time after finall interview EK give to you to do medicals exams and also what if you have some caries on teeth and you just have no time to repair it, could you repair it in Dubai or it is eliminatory?

michaelflynn61
11th Aug 2008, 22:26
oh see Oh I can make the open day and stuff just what im wondering is would it be ok if i said i wasnt available to start til after the end of october or would that look bad?? I know some companies dont mind that sort of thing whereas I know others that do mind it!!

meedo12000
11th Aug 2008, 23:56
This is a big message hopefully it would help answering the newbies questions. based on my experience and freinds of mine. and at the same time to say hi to a few freinds.

michaelflynn61 (http://www.pprune.org/forums/members/245100-michaelflynn61): Dont stress youre self the recruiters are very flexible with the dates you join up. anythin up to 3 months after the interview is fine by them. so dont stress youre self. :)

nightwish (http://www.pprune.org/forums/members/271889-nightwish): with the dentals its very important for you to do it in the country youre in as all the medicals paperwork must be filled out and done within two weeks of the date you have been sent the email. its a tiring a tough process but very possible to get it done. if youre unable to do it in the two weeks im sure they could give you a week extra to get thing done if you contact them. the recruiters seem to be very nice.;)

leecronje (http://www.pprune.org/forums/members/271669-leecronje): Dont stress youreself with the open day process you take with you a cv up todate that is with a few refrences, a passport photo and a ful length photo dressed formal and smiling. they do a screening process on that day and if youre successfull youll get thorgh the next stage, there are several stages (Open day - Day 1, If successful next day you attend and do some group discussions and youll do a pshycalogical test, if successful you go into a final interview, and if successful you get a phone call and then get an email to start youre medicals and then after that, if successful they send you the visa and airfare and you then start training. thats a breif summary....take it one step at a time.:ok:

bhill68 (http://www.pprune.org/forums/members/174932-bhill68): How are youre bag packing process doing not long to go my freind sorry cant access facebook at work so its the only way of communication at the moment. looking forward to seeing you in dubai. :cool:

louisd (http://www.pprune.org/forums/members/269068-louisd): How are youre preporations doing. when are you departing again?:ugh:

emirates girl (http://www.pprune.org/forums/members/256570-emirates-girl): what the latest buds havent heard from you in aver very long time. sorry ive been busy lately getting my bags done and finishing off the dry cleaning so i could now focus on getting my work finishied and at the same time be with family as my dad is having an op just before i leave. did you end up changing date?:sad: Soultan should join this forum ver very soon.....

czarina: How are you how are youre preporations going hopefully everything is going great for you...looking forward to seeing the ones leaving on the 29th of aug in dubai.

sarahz: How are you doing. any news about the medicals. if you need help im here for another 2 weeks but most important advice is to get the dentals done asap as they are most hardest to get finished.

Just Remember anyone needs help or anything im constantly checking the forums for now. Secondly feel free to add me to youre facebook or msn: [email protected] (Mohamed Shihata - Youll find a pic of me with an african soccer player)

or email me [email protected]

Enjoy the rest of youre day guru's and take care

Regards,

Mohamed Shihata
Melbourne, Australia

nightwish
12th Aug 2008, 10:46
Medoo thank you for your answer I really appreciate it. I going to have EK interview on 23 August, second time and so upset. I wondering if you can tell me about english test I am not so good with grammar is that just synonims and u just have to circle right answer?

louisd
12th Aug 2008, 15:37
Heya Meedo!

Preparations went well thanks. Had a hectic 2 days last week getting my medicals done - and not cheap lol! But it's DONE. Now just waiting for the final approval... Sent if off on Friday night, so they got it yesterday. Hopefully I'll get the final approval SOON!

My departure date is 19 September. :} Can't wait!!

How are ur plans? All sorted? Got your final approval?

Cheers!
L

meedo12000
12th Aug 2008, 22:12
my preparations are done waiting for the eticket to go...wishing the best of luck for the email reply...keep me up to date.

louisd
13th Aug 2008, 16:11
Hey Meedo!
Shot man! How long did u wait before you got your final approval after the medicals? I'm hoping to hear on Sunday (if not on Thursday.. lol)

By the way - I just can't seem to find you on FB. And it doesn't work if i search on your e-mail either. Grr

A guy who did assessments with me is also leaving on the same day as you - maybe you guys will be in the same group.

Keep well & good luck on the waiting for the e-ticket! :)

bhill68
13th Aug 2008, 17:27
hi i still waiting for my medical results , no news so far, and imn getting anxious beacuse im leaving in almost two weeks.

i have to wait hehheheh i know.

dont worry you will get your e-tickect 4 days before your departure, i friend of mine got his etickect 4 days before, you will get that soon:).

take care

meedo12000
14th Aug 2008, 00:27
How are you both. Bhill dont worry they take time to reply with the email. just pack youre bags as normal, dont worry will see you in training mate. I like the thought that youre hoping they send it early lol.:ok:

EK GAL KEEP ME UP TO DATE WITH WHATS HAPPENING.....HOPE YOURE DOING GOOD NOT FAR TILL YOU LEAVE TASSIES COLD FOR DUBAIS GOLD. SUMMER HERE WE COME..:)

As for Louisd just private message me youre email address and ill add you straight away. whats the guys name thats leaving the same day as us? if you have his details email them to me to and ill add him that way the ones i know training the same time can know each other prior to training and feel a bit more comfortable. ;)

Hope all ek gurus are doing well please im only fully online here for another 2 weeks and a bit then im off to dubai by then my time will be limited on this forum. so if anyone needs help in regards to open days, interviews etc. read throught the forum first if the question you needed to ask was not answered on the forum than feel free to email me or facebook mail me. this cuts down the number of pages a bit and also stops the repetativeness in regards to the questions. im sure everyone here would love to help you but its always best to read through the forum and beleive me everyone had a different experience so im sure you find really good answers already in this forum post. once quick issue those waiting for emails from ek after doing the final interview, EK ussually take their time but there is no need to wrry as im sure they would recruit you people have receive their emails between a week and a month later, so only time would tell.

My details are below feel free to email or add to fbook, but once again read through the forum and double check if youre question has been answered before attempting to ask. thanks guys and gals. i hope this info benifits our current group and newbies.:D

Regards,

Mohamed Shihata
Melbourne, Australia

[email protected]
[email protected]

Crew_Girl_2
15th Aug 2008, 17:09
Hi guys,
Saw that there have been no posts on here for a while. How is everyone? Santusa - have you heard yet?

I am still waiting on my outcome from my final interview (July 30th). Two girls from my interview day have had there offers this week pending their medicals and one guy found out yesterday he was unsuccessful by email.

I am not sure if it's good or bad that i've not heard anything yet - i am the only one left from my interview day....fingers crossed - i can't think about anything else at the moment and now it's the weekend, hopefully i'll know by Monday at the latest!

leecronje
15th Aug 2008, 17:34
hey louisd you say you from south africa?

louisd
15th Aug 2008, 21:04
Hi LC.. Yeah i am from SA - CPT. Where r u from?

Quieroacuba
16th Aug 2008, 12:33
I’m new here and I’m short-listed for the pre-selection day in Sofia-Bulgaria - 31 August, so excited :}. My question for you guys is what are the topics like and how much time did you spent writing the essay. I suppose that 250 words are sufficient. Can anyone confirm this and give me some advices as well please? I’ll appreciate it very much.

santusa
16th Aug 2008, 15:05
No, I have not heard anything yet. My final interview was on July-22.They told me to wait between 4-6 weeks. i hope to get a feedback by next week. best regards and good luck to all of us.

Crew_Girl_2
16th Aug 2008, 16:48
Well i think that no news is good news with Emirates! Fingers crossed we will both hear some good news soon x

bhill68
16th Aug 2008, 17:42
hello evryone!!

dont you worry guys they take time to give yo uthe golden call, my final interview was on june 29th and they called me in about one month , waitinfg for the call is stressful but its worth it at the end.

so dont worrry they will answer you soon. good luck:ok:

meedo12000
17th Aug 2008, 00:34
hi guys and gals, please dont stress youreselfs out. beleive me ek will reply in any form during that period. people got have been waiting a week and a half to 6 weeks so they will reply if youre in or not. patience is the key so if you got into the final interview you are assured at least an answer from the company....take care everyone

louisd
17th Aug 2008, 11:32
Hey guys,

I got my medical approval this morning, to confirm that I can now resign - YAY! So will be resigning tomorrow! Flying out (of SA) on 19 September!
Very EXCITING!! :ok:

All the best to you guys who are still waiting for your calls and approvals!
See you in the sandpit!

Ciao :)

bhill68
17th Aug 2008, 17:27
hello everyone!!

i got my final approval today im so happy :) i cant believe hehehehhe.

now i have to get ready and start to pack.

if you have any question i will pleased to answer.

good luck everyone and see you in DUBAI :ok:

nightwish
17th Aug 2008, 18:27
I wondering if someone can tell me about english test, what is that about/example of question?Thank you

Crew_Girl_2
17th Aug 2008, 22:57
Sorry i didn't have to do the english test because it's my mother tongue. I think that's why you haven't had a reply from the post you put down before.I'm sure it's ok and just a basic test on grammar? If anyone knows please correct me.

meedo12000
18th Aug 2008, 00:20
Hey Bhill86,

What did i tell you pack youre bags early.lol. and you ll get the email. isint that what happened. anyway see you in dxb in a week and a half from now mate. youre luckier because the wait between final email and e-ticket is less than what i have :ok:.

In regards to the english test question unfortunately i didnt have to do it as aswell it is my mother tounge.....

Just one final question to ek gurus...whose leaving on the 29th of aug, 05th of sep, 19th sep so we could get a network going on facebook. if youre added by me than dont reply but if i havent added you the fb list than sennd me a personal email via pprune and ill do the rest :O.

bhill68
19th Aug 2008, 21:32
hi meedo!!! how are you_

how m i gonna contact you in dubai? are you in my facebook? if you are in facebook sent me a message ok.

well my friend see you in dubai next week im gonna hve a long flight from here to dubai almost 22 hours but i love it!!! lol.

ok bye

sarahz
20th Aug 2008, 16:52
I'm going to get my medicals done tomorrow..this month my roster is just so full!I keep flying from one place to the other..!I just hope that I'll be able to get everything done between tomorrow and after tomorrow 'cause then I'm leaving again!No one from the open day in Rome has heard anything yeat?
And by the way, my DOJ has been changed: I'm now flying out on 12 sept.
Congratulations to all the ones who got through their final interview...
Sakari

santusa
22nd Aug 2008, 23:13
It has been more than one month already and no feedback so far.

Everybody I know from the final interview got a feeback in less than 4 weeks.. I have met one guy who waited for 2 months and he finally call Emirates to see what was going on, he found out that they simple forgot to tell him he was not successful. Another guy waited for 45 days and he was not successful as well. I have read in this forum that no news is good news, well, I don't think so.

My problem is that my classes will start in a few days and I have to pay the tuition in advance for the entire semester. My university will not return the money after one week studying there. :{ I really need a feedback now to see what I will do....

Should I call Emirates to see what is going on?

Another question: does anybody knows why they take so long to give a feedback to some people while other peole receive it very fast?

Thank you!!!!!:ok::ok::ok:

Crew_Girl_2
23rd Aug 2008, 12:52
Hey,

I would just email and explain your situation and check they have your details down correct -it shouldn't be too long now!

I pm'd you the email address. Let me know how you get on. I should'nt be too far behind as had my interview a week after you.

Good Luck x

leecronje
23rd Aug 2008, 17:16
Hey louisd

Wow this is an exciting trip hey!!sent in my application and have been invited to an assessment day her on the 7th of sept!!
I'm feeling extremely nervous so any last and final tips would really be appreciaited!!!

LouisD i'm from jhb in s.a.!!Congrats on being approved!!!all the best and hope it goes well!!

regards, lee

1flighty1
24th Aug 2008, 08:04
Hey everyone! congratulations to all those who have been successful! all the best. i am still umming and aahhing over wether or not to apply. For something like Emirates you really have to want it 100% i guess. I've wanted Emirates since I was 12, but now im working for an airline in Australia and just not sure if im ready to leave the comfort zone im in here! haha.
Just curious, how much time do Emirates give you between telling you you have the job, to when you actually fly out to Dubai and begin training? Im guessing it would have to be at least a month...I have to give my current employers 4 weeks notice so am trying to gather as much info as possible before i make my desicion. Thankyou!

nightwish
25th Aug 2008, 10:14
I attended my second Open day with EK and that was horrible. I was the best prepared- anyone I met there was like we don't know nothing about the company and we just wish to try. Ok, I was fully prepared and about two months was learning facts about EK interview, surfing internet etc. and I didn't pass screening awful. Most confusing I don't think anyone from my group passed. When I saw people from bouth groups, how they looks like how they behaves and presenting themselves, one girl even when recruiter asked her to stand up and present her story she stood up and put her hands in pockets on hers backside!!??? I was convinced That I just have to be shortlisted, but then:"Ufortunatelly I have not been successfull..."I was so disappointed and the only clue I had than in head was that everything is seted up and that someone payed to get through. I want to :{

Crew_Girl_2
27th Aug 2008, 22:13
Hey,

I guess you're all getting ready to go out to DXB but this forum has been way too quiet as of late!

I am still waiting for either the golden call or the reject email it's been exactly 4 weeks from my interview day. :confused:

Wish you all the best of luck - and don't forget about us all when you're out in the sandpit! :ok:

santusa
28th Aug 2008, 03:06
We are alone here, lol.

it has been 5 weeks for me already! I am still waiting......:}

louisd
28th Aug 2008, 15:51
Hey guys,

Been logging in now and then and also noticed it's been quiet. A few of the guys are leaving for DXB today & tomorrow. I'll be leaving on 19 September. All the admin done, thank goodness! Now just got to pack last few things and so on! Only 3 weeks :)

All the best - don't give up hope. The waiting can take some time hey! So just hang in there :ok:

Take care

ashlaurenn
28th Aug 2008, 16:15
Hey,

I'm also leaving on the 19th of September!. So we'll be doing training together i presume.
My medicals and dental were a nightmare and once i got the final approval i was so relieved!

So louisd if you want to get in contact you can email me, or anyone leaving the same time

my email address is [email protected]

see you in Dubai in 3 weeks!!:ok:

louisd
29th Aug 2008, 14:52
Hey A!
Check out your Facebook. That's cool to find someone else who's starting on the same date! Stay in touch then.

Yeah medicals and dental and and and were a mission... fortunately all over now - and WORTH it huh? :ok:

See you soon! Counting down... tick tock

Ciao
L

Capt Ted Crilly
29th Aug 2008, 16:46
hi all, can anyone tell me how much can you earn per month in emirates???

Capt Ted Crilly
29th Aug 2008, 17:23
hi all, can anyone tell me how much cabin crew earn in emirates, gulf air, etihad etc?????? does anyone have an experience with those airline???

santusa
29th Aug 2008, 17:27
According to Emirates website:

"tax-free starting salary of AED 3,640 plus flying pay of approximately US$ 600 per month." (WHAT IS THIS FLYING PAY???)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my analysis:

plus AED 50.50 per hour/flying let's say you fly 80 hours a month (is this the flying pay?)

So AED 3,640
plus AED 4,040 (80 hours)

= AED 7680 (tax free)
Plus meal allowance, free accomodation and free transportation, others benefits as well...

Let's say you can save at least US$1,500.00/month and have a very comfortable life. (also travel the whole World for free, lol)

In the USA (the best economy in the World) in order for you to have the same standard of living (paying out of you pocket the same accomodation in a big city, plus bills and transport, meals, plus deducting the taxes of your paycheck and also save 1.5K/montly) one person should make at least US$ 3,800.00 and work at least 160 hours per month! (just as a reminder, usually in the USA people don't have 30 days paid vacation).

So in other words, the initial salary in Emirates is quite competitive.

Crew_Girl_2
29th Aug 2008, 20:55
Hi at my interview i was told it would be up to £1,300 take home.

There are no bills to pay for in the apartment. Of course you need to pay for food and i guess any extras i.e. mobile phone or sky, internet etc...

The pay is made up of a basic rate, flight pay and allowances down route which is around £60 per night depending on where you are.
Hope this helps! Good luck!

Have you had an interview yet? I am still waiting to hear back will be 5 weeks on wed!

Santusa i just sent you a PM!

applefigher
30th Aug 2008, 16:11
to set it all straight you start making 3,915 dirhams for your basic salary as a grade 2(economy class). then you get 53.50 dirhams per flight hour and the average can be anywhere from 80-100 hours per month, depends what you bid on. plus you get your layover allowance in cash at the hotel. So add it up and its not so bad. you get your accommodation for free with electric and water and a small allowance for you home phone. plus there is a yearly profit sharing bonus if the company does well. this year was like 14 weeks pay:) WORK HARD PLAY HARD. THATS MY MOTTO:)

sarahz
30th Aug 2008, 18:15
It's been very quiet lately...I'm leaving the 12th September but still haven't finished all medicals...They have given me time untill the 2nd otherwise they will have to change my DOJ..nobody from Rome has heard anything yet?

cabin crew hopeful
1st Sep 2008, 03:15
Hi Guys,

The contents of this forum is the Jack pot for all seeking to become Emirates cabin crew. I have my interview in 2 weeks just have a few questions for those who have already been through the process.

Did you take your High School Certificate/ Copy with you on the day?
Do you take written references or just the contact details for references?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

nightwish
1st Sep 2008, 06:49
It's advisable to get everything prepared before an interview including your Certificates, references, Full lenght image,passport image etc...

sydney1981
2nd Sep 2008, 03:37
Hi guys,

Congratulations on everyone that got the job!

I applied for Emirates in Sydney and made it trough all the rounds as well. I am waiting now for the final email now. :)

How long did it take before you got the email?
After you send them your medical results, how long did it take them to get back to you?

Alos, do they book your flight before you give them your medical results?

Thanks,

Crew_Girl_2
2nd Sep 2008, 08:12
I got the golden call today after waiting 5 weeks from my Final Inetrview i'm sooooooooo excited fly out on Octber 3rd!
:ok: :)

killian1984
2nd Sep 2008, 08:36
Congrats babe, hope to be joining you soon :ok:

santusa
3rd Sep 2008, 15:26
Hello, I got the golden call today after waiting 6 weeks!

It's funny because I called the office in Dubai to check what was going on, they told me my file was being processed and I should receive a feedback in 7 days (8 weeks!?!).. Well, for my relief they called me a few hours later with good news!

Sidney 1981 - They do book your flight without your medicals! Good luck to you!

tom_lgw
4th Sep 2008, 10:52
Anyone else going to DXB on the 26th of September?? Think the training starts around 4th October?!?

louisd
5th Sep 2008, 16:17
Woohoo - Two more weeks, then I'll be on the plane to Dubai.
Anyone else DOJ on 19 September?

Have a good weekend guys!

Cheers:)

Crew_Girl_2
6th Sep 2008, 17:46
TOM_LGW my friend is starting on your day she's from Birmingham she's lovely. She's sending off her medicals for approval on Monday so hopefully you'll be training together.

Has anyone from the UK (london area) had any problems with medicals?

1st. Specsavers wouldn't give me my results for eye test and audiogram when i have paid for them.

2nd. My GP won't fill out my medical history or give me a medical saying it's pointless to bits and pieces and i should go to a private hospital to get everything done there...which i kinda understand but who else is gonna have my medical history apart from my GP?

The only thing i've managed to get is my dental stuff done arghhh. :ugh:

Be grateful for anyone that can offer advice in this area.

Thanx :ok:

tom_lgw
7th Sep 2008, 10:28
CREW_GIRL_2 me and your friend were on the same interview day!! hope she gets all the medcals sorted soon.

I just went to my GP and he did all my medical history and stuff and blood tests etc's then reffered me to a private clinic to get chest x-rays and stuff! my GP was very helpful ( was prob the £75 it cos to see him that helped!!) Dont see the point going private, becasue the GP would have to send the medical history to the private place anyway!!!! also you wil have to get your hearing test done seperatly as the GP cant do them !!! its a very expensive process but well worth it!!!

KANELA
7th Sep 2008, 14:58
hi everybody, first time i did emirates interview i passed through all stages but i failed finally with my references and personality tests, then i attended several interviews and i got stucked in the role play (or group discussion). now i would like to go to london to an assesment day.
but i am quite disappointed, i also went to etihad interview and many good people were eliminated, one of them myself, i am a little bit anxious!!!
what do you think?¿¿¿?¿

cabin crew hopeful
8th Sep 2008, 04:19
Hi All,

Just wondering if while you are doing the six week training in Dubai you are paid for this or are expected to suppourt yourself over this time. Also any emirates crew on here are you paid weekly monthly ect??

I havent even had my interview yet it's in 2 weeks Brisbane Sep 20th just thinking ahead in the case I am accepted.

fingers crossed hey

leecronje
8th Sep 2008, 06:25
Hey all
I went for my assessment day yesterday and i was so excited.i've never felt more prepared and certain about anything in my life!i did everything that everyone said but yet i got cut after the group discussion.it is really heart breaking because the people that did go through were pushy and had no clue about anything!i know this is wat i want to do,but i dunno if i should try again,i mean wat is going to be different the next time?any help,please!
Hope everyone is well
Regards,lee

KANELA
8th Sep 2008, 07:21
hi, i think you must try again as much as possible. first time i attended ek interview i went through final interview, and i didn´t do anything special, i think the key is there, to be humble and not to think you are gonna get the job, i think if you are a little bit scared.......... better!! but finally i failed with references and personality tests, then the second and third time i did an interview with emirates, i was cut in the group discussion, i am the same person but......... the recruiters are different!!
my last inteview with etihad last week i was pretty sure i was going to get the job, as i was very confident, enthusiatic and positive, also there were like 55 candidates (nothing), but finally i was eliminated in the first review.. so you never know.
i think the best attitutde is being a little bit scared and very humble

sarahz
8th Sep 2008, 16:07
Hi everyone,
congratulations for the golden calls..:ok::D
I got my medicals approved and I'm leaving friday (12 September)!:eek::}
I'm so excited!
Hei louisd, you're leaving after me, unfortunatelly we won't be on the same course (mine starts on the 18th) but we can still meet up there! I'll send you my e-mail privately so you can contact me if you like..
Can't wait to be n Dubai!
Good luck to everyone and hope to see you all in Dubai asap!!!!!!:)

Lilangel
9th Sep 2008, 08:12
Hi all,

First of all this is an amazing forum and you guys do a great job helping us wannabes by sharing your experiences.

I have an interview in Houston on the 20th Sep and am really nervous about it. I have read the tips here and still confused on what they actually sort after as far as the group discussions are concerned. Hoping for the best :O

Crew_Girl_2
9th Sep 2008, 09:11
Hey i booked with Bupa for my medical in the end they do EVERYTHING on EK's medical list (under their classic package) except denal and vaccinations which i have already done.

It's around £469 but it includes chest x-ray and it's all done in one day in the same building....No need to run around london to different hospitals! However i need to pay a seperate fee for HIV and HEP C.

Tom_LGW booked with my GP again (double appointment) HE WILL fill in the medical history form at a fee (don't know why he couldn't do it on friday?!...dr's eh!?) So should have everything done by Wed 17th!

Here's the link for Bupa incase anyone wants to use them in the future:

http://www.bupa.co.uk/wellness/asp/personal/health_assessments/best_choice/medical_tests/index.asp (http://www.bupa.co.uk/wellness/asp/personal/health_assessments/best_choice/medical_tests/index.asp)

How long did you wait for your final approval Sarahz?

tom_lgw
9th Sep 2008, 14:58
crew girl - Doctor will do the blood test free of charge, the NHS give free HIV tests ( well thats what my doc said!) Just ask them when you have your appointment (thats what i did, but was maybe being a bit cheeky!)

x

simone511
12th Sep 2008, 01:10
This is such a good site, so glad that I found it!

Is anyone else going to be going to the Melbourne open day on Oct 11th??

tmb1984
12th Sep 2008, 05:08
Is anyone going to the interview in houston on september 20????????

applefigher
13th Sep 2008, 00:02
hey let sup know how your assestment day goes in houston. i joined emirates in june and i moved from new york. i would love to see more americans here as there are not that many. i know its under 50. best of luck.

leecronje
13th Sep 2008, 07:07
Hi all

I have unfortunately not made into Emirates or Etihad. Which other airlines take people from other countries of residence and with no cabin crew experience??I've applied to Gulf Air and Qatar airlines but are there others?
Would really appreciate it

kind regards
lee

anadjib82
14th Sep 2008, 12:49
Hello there, Will you be there? Have you received the invitation yet?

Thanks!

Lilangel
16th Sep 2008, 06:12
My interview is postpone until Oct due to hurricane Ike!! Just a little frustrated but looking at the good side, I get some more time to prepare I guess.

tmb1984
16th Sep 2008, 23:38
I know im a little upset too but im also glad that it gives me more time to prepare. Theres no way I could have been ready with everythings thats going on iah.

oceanspray
17th Sep 2008, 15:11
Hello everyone,

I just joined the forum because I am interested in becoming a FA for Emirates. I have some questions as a newbie and hope someone can help? (I have been reading the posts...)

I'm 158cm and I understand that there is an arm reach test (212cm). I have heard that you can fail even if you are like 162 if you have short arms or something and pass even if you're like 157. Some say that doing stretches for months helps.

My question: Is EK 'strict' about this? If I were like 2cm short, would the chances of being dropped be high? I understand that it's necessary for security reasons, but I wonder how much flexibility there is.
I am Korean and am based in Korea. There have been several calls this year (but I unfortunately just became interested in becoming a FA). There is also an agency named ANC that seems to be in charge of the initial stages of the interviewing here (like ANC does interviews 1-2 and people from EK do interviews 3-4). I think this may be unique to Korea, I'm not sure. I personally am not interested in going through this agency because they also seem to offer classes (like English, grooming, etc.) that cost like $1500 for a 5-week course. I don't believe in this... and would like to just apply directly. I have started working on my CV on the EK website.

My question: Does anyone know anything about this (perhaps even in any other country)? Since I speak English well, should I just apply directly? I have tried to find an e-mail where I can contact someone at EK to ask them about this agency in Korea, but can't seem to find an address. Can anyone help?
I am currently overweight, but would be motivated to lose weight for this job. (I need to even if I don't get the job anyway.) I read somewhere that the BMI needs to be between 17-30.

My question: Would they really hire someone with a BMI of 30, which would be considered 'fat,' right? How much is 'weight' an issue?
I am currently in the situation where I feel that I need to go through a career change. I work as a freelance translator (English-Korean, vice versa) and run my own online store selling Korean crafts. But I'm 31 and it's not an easy decision for me. I understand that it's essentially my decision and I need to go for it if I really want it.

My question: Considering I'm short and 31, would it be realistic for me? (ANY opinion would be appreciated.)

Here are what I think my pros and cons are.

Pros - born abroad, lived abroad for 15 years, bilingual, interest for other cultures/people, open-minded (I think), customer service experience, people say I have a nice, warm image.

Cons - overweight (as of now), only 158cm tall, 31 years old.
I read that once you fail the initial screening process, you cannot apply again for 6 months and if you fail the interview, it's another year before you can apply.

My question: Has anyone had this experience? Seems quite a long time to wait. Also, if I do not hear from them within 5 weeks of posting my CV online, does it mean I have to wait another 6 months?
Where can I find info. on open calls? I can't seem to find it on the Emirates Careers website.Well, thank you SOOO MUCH for reading this far. I am going through a very difficult period in my life and am really trying to change my life around. I am collecting as much info. as I can get re: this career so any help would be appreciated.

Jean

simone511
21st Sep 2008, 07:20
Hi everyone,
I'm going to the Emirates open day in Melbourne October 11 and just had a question.

I've read that you have your height/weight tested in the medicals.

I'm 170cm tall, so dont have any problems with their height requirements, but my BMI is only 16.3 (the website i used to calculate it said that the "normal" weight is 18.5-24.9)

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with regards this requirement. Do they only employ people who are within the "healthy" BMI range? I'm healthy, but would they see me as being unsuitable because of this?

nightwish
21st Sep 2008, 16:15
From what I heard Emirates are not strict about how high you are but are you able to perform work, so if you are good performer and well presentable you don't need to worry about this issue.

You said that you are overweighted and as far as I know, I saw lots of theirs crew and they all seemed normal weighted. However my personal advice it's to find EK cabin crews pictures or videos on the internet just to have some image in your head and if possible get thiner. About age issue, yes I have heard that they do recruit people over 30s.

About your online application you shouldn't expecting to hear from them,I attended OD with EK two times first time received an invitation,second not. OD it's walk in day and anyone can come no matter he received an invitation or not. I am not sure I did understand about the agency, but if you want to find next OD date in your country try on emirates site or www.cabincrew.com (http://www.cabincrew.com).

Good luck!!!