PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Lia Kohl
10th Mar 2009, 04:35
Yesterday 22:38 Maja2U we know that...
but as we were talking and calculating, those are all candidates whose open/assessment day was before december and they were postponed due to being late with sending their medicals. if you ask some of them i'm sure they'll tell you the same.

the last group that we know of should be march 13th.
if, after that day, people still continue joining, we have a problem.... http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/wbored.gif
so, darling, if you see them march 20th, write to us!!
kissi!

Hmmm, so I think we have a problem. Or I will have a problem again...

Maja2U
10th Mar 2009, 12:21
why? what do you know?? :confused:
you know someone who'll join in march and was not postponed??? :eek:

lilliput
10th Mar 2009, 14:29
I sent my medicals on Jan 6th and I received the withdrawal email at the beginning of February.
I'm not going to ask for the reimbursement, but IF they will get back to me in June/July or whenever I won't definitely pay for new examination because the old were expired! It was their decision to withdrawal the offer...and I believe they took this decision before receiving all the medicals.

mellymoo
10th Mar 2009, 17:57
Hi there,

I worked for Ek for a very long time and loved it. I have reapplied again but havent heard a dicky bird from them. I also know of 3 ex crew that have also applied and have been told everything is on hold.

I know with friends out there, they are on their best behaviour worried about jobs etc. as the current situation is really not great economically etc. I have a friend that told me she went to New Look (clothing store) and the prices have rocketed against the pound (GB) she said DXB is becoming really really expensive, however with free accommodation it is okay.

For all of you that got through congrats fingers crossed, if I hear through any friends what is happening will let you know. I do know that Etihad has also put training on hold till Aug/Sept we dont know why as they are having huge recruitment drives in alot of countries, plus have aircraft on order we are all awaiting security clearances and confirmation emails, if we do get it it will be nearly 6 - 7 months after the interviews nearly the same as the Ek AD's!!:(

norbu_boi
11th Mar 2009, 02:53
Thats true ... new ones are joining
Mike, I thought my batch is the last one ( DOj 20 feb ) but so far, two batches have joined Ek ..

Xx

East Rose
11th Mar 2009, 16:44
I sent an e-mail to recruitment group with questions as to reimbursement and they agreed to pay all money back for all tests ...

but they didn't answer me any question about next training courses....nothing...I'm fed up of being uncertain about my chances of joining:{

monjam
11th Mar 2009, 18:01
Hi everyone! In regards to the conclusion that those that had a DOK before March got in, I beg to differ. Mine was actually feb 20th and had already sent my medicals in and still didnt get a FA.
Also I had already quit my job as I had not heard from them coming 1 week closer to my joining date. Therefore I was left with no job, living overseas with nowhere to go and still not in the know of when Im joing or if Im ever joining.. I dont understand how they are still training people when I called few weeks ago asking for a reimbursment and my situation and still was told there were no more trainng and no more spots..
confused

Skywards
11th Mar 2009, 22:17
Monjam the people that had a DOJ of before March AND had received their FA got through. It seems that anyone that had their FA definitely got through. Because you didn't have your FA, you probably shouldn't have resigned from your job. I understand that what they have done is terrible and I am lucky I didn't resign (was very close to) and a friend of mine is also in the same situation as you (having resigned and cancelled her lease). But they did say not to resign until we received the FA. Don't get me wrong this definitely does not excuse their behaviour.

East Rose: So how exactly are you getting the medical reimbursement? What were their instructions to you in order to get the money back?

East Rose
12th Mar 2009, 07:50
They sent me an e-mail with the following instructions:

The receipts must be dated prior to our email of withdrowing. We require the following details in order to make a cheque payment via post :-
1. Your current mailing/postal address
2. Preferred currency of re-imbursement
Please note that if the cheque facility is not available for your particular currency selection, payment will be made by a US Dollar cheque at the prevailing rate of exchange.

filwa
12th Mar 2009, 15:45
did they say anything about what's after reimbursement?
will hey still contact you once the training date is avail?
or they will just cross your name?

Maja2U
12th Mar 2009, 18:39
why would they cross her name??? :rolleyes:
for being honest and telling them that she can't afford to pay for 2 complete medicals??
of course she can't!! who the hell can nowadays??
and that's exactly what they'll do- make you pay for it all over again... if they ever contact us.
they don't give a crap who much did you pay, did you resign your job or are you sad or happy with the way things are. we are nothing more than a number to them.
if they give you back your money, you are still just a number. why would they cross you?

Skywards
13th Mar 2009, 01:23
I understand what Filwa is saying....I am also a bit worried that they may look on us negatively for asking for reimbursement. I don't think they should, what they have done to us is so unfair. But I am a bit worried that they might think badly of us. I got through the interview with Etihad, so I am waiting on a call from them. So I think if I get through with them I will definately ask for reimbursement. I completely agree with you Maja....but they haven't acted in a decent way up until now, so it really wouldn't surprise me if they did 'cross us off the list' for wanting back what is owed to us. Who knows...nothing is clear with Emirates!!:ugh:

Skywise7
14th Mar 2009, 04:53
Personally:O i agree with Skywards in that they might look negatively at you for requesting a reimbursement... Realistically they say that the medicals are at your own expense. Just think of all those poor people over the years, even before the economic crisis who went through, did their medicals and then got rejected on medical grounds...im sure they wouldnt have been reimbursed.:( Obviously correct me if im wrong here.

I would make the suggestion perhaps it would be better to sit tight and wait until they re-contact you and ask to do your medicals again and if you are really not financially able to afford the medicals again at that time ask the question..... is possible to have the medical bills sent directly from the Medical Practitioner to Emirates for payment seeing that you have already paid for it once? Worth a try:ok:

SW

nrcrowth
14th Mar 2009, 18:29
depends how wealthy you are! personally I have very low funds! Id understand if I was rejected on medical grounds but wasnt! they shudnt have asked me to carry out medicals!
they wont look negatively at you - all depends on how you go about it (customer service for ya!)- i personally got advised to send them by the UK recruitment team!

good luck xx

yuja13
14th Mar 2009, 18:44
hello i just want to share something about EK and medicals. I have a friend who works for EK for about 2 yrs now and according to her during her time EK paid for her medical expenses. A lot of things had changed I guess with their recruitment process and not paying for med expenses is one of their ways to cost cut...who really knows.

Thought you guys would be interested to know.

Good luck to everyone waiting lets hope this crisis will be over soon and don't lose hope.

Maaya
15th Mar 2009, 08:01
Its been a while since Maja2U wrote on the wall...

but from what I've heard,some people were offered to join the training for Airbus(A380?) on 20th March and 27th March.Which totally sucks coz my DOJ was 27th March and didnt get the offer!
People I know who got the offer can all speak more than 3languages when i can only speak two..prob this is the reason why im not chosen?
well,as for me,I prefer working on boeing so trying not to think about it too much.

sydflyboi
15th Mar 2009, 11:57
Hi there East Rose,

Well I have followed the instructions they gave to you and sent them an email with everything so now it will be a case of lets wait and see what they do:rolleyes:. This will be my 4th email to them now about this so lets hope something finally comes of this. I will keep everyone posted if anything happens and I say lets all send them an email :D. They can't ignore us all now.:=

wannabecc
16th Mar 2009, 19:50
I've just heard that Emirates will be operating the Airbus A380 to Toronto from June 1st. Same days of operation though, Mon, Wed & Fri but going from the Boeing 777-300ER to the Airbus A380!!

wannabecc
16th Mar 2009, 19:52
I've been reading these posts now, and find it terrible what happened to those that were to join. I guess these things can even happen to Emirates.:sad:

If they told you they will contact you later, keep your fingers crossed :ok:

Aurora-Beti
17th Mar 2009, 07:30
Seems like things are getting worse. Have you guys heard about defect of Airbus 380?
Just to give you some idea:
"Airbus is taking criticism on board as Emirates comes back with a list of problems regarding the A380 jumbo jet.
Last month, Emirate officials met with Airbus managers in Toulouse with a 46-page presentation listing defects such as heat-damaged power cables and defective engines in the A380 according to Reuters.
Der Speigel Weekly reported that constant grounding due to problems with the A380s had caused Emirates to lose 500 hours of flying time."

sydflyboi
17th Mar 2009, 11:00
Hi there I am not suprised to hear that as Qantas has also been grounding their A380's due to issues with the fuel tanks and landing gear steering problems (all 3 were grounded at the same time). It looks like the A380 is not quite up to standard at the moment that the airlines maybe have been hoping for.

sydflyboi
17th Mar 2009, 12:17
Hi everyone just an update for you on an email that I finally received (4th email was a charm:D)from Emirates yesterday about the refunding of medicals:

Thanks for sending your documents. we'll proceed on processing your reimbursement and we'll just get back to you for any concerns

But wait there's more and they did get back to me today with the following however:

Please note that the company is not reimbursing cost endured for the vaccinations.:ugh:

So with that I have asked a manager to contact me to explain why they do not feel they should as the only reason I did (and the rest of us that all are in the same situation) have the vacciantions was to be employed so therefore they should pay them out. I would not have needed to have had these for any other reason but as EK wanted them as per their employment conditions I had them done.

Will keep you updated

Little_Red_Hat
17th Mar 2009, 14:55
Syd, I'd guess that EK won't reimburse vaccinations as you have them for good once you've got them (save for boosters that may be needed, it depends on what you got given)

Seeing as these are pretty much standard across the board for most airlines, it means you won't have to pay for them again with EK or any other airline that asks for them. In fact, I'd say you're lucky they are willing to pony up any cash, as they do state that all medicals are at own expense. Seems they are being kind in the case of everyone who has got the 'please wait' email...

Maja2U
17th Mar 2009, 16:32
oh yes... the good old 'please wait' e-mail... :yuk:

Skywards
17th Mar 2009, 22:54
I think its pretty poor of them not to send an email around to everyone saying that they are reimbursing medical costs. It's the first decent thing they have done in a while, but all those people that aren't on forums like this wouldn't even have a clue that there is the option of being reimbursed! They should send an email to all withdrawns and let them know they can be reimbursed and how to go about it. We shouldn't have to hassel them 4 times like Sydflyboi to get a refund! Once again Emirates behave badly!

Dubai Bound
18th Mar 2009, 08:08
So, I sent my medical reciepts in by email ten days ago and heard nothing. Tonight I decided to call and got through right away. I called cc joiners and the guy checked the email and said he recieved an email from mebut it had nothing attached. So I told him I would sent 8 separate emails right away with each of my scanned medical bills(I had 7 plus a total cost document) and would call him right after. I sent them and called 5 minutes later. The same gentleman answered and checked the email for me right away. He told me he received them and even reviewed them while I was on the phone. He told me he would contact me as soon as they looked over everything and I gave him my new address to send the payment to.
I asked him if he thought emirates would contact me when training resumes even though I was seeking reimbursement and if they would cross off my name. He said absolutely not and that I would have to go through medicals again anyway when contacted even if it was less than six months
I was happy to hear that and if it's true that's great. If not and they do cross me off, well then thats okay because I wouldn't want to work for a company that operates like that anyway.
I will keep everyone posted on how long it now takes to recieve payment and if they cover everything. I did not get vaccination shots which I heard they don't reimburse for

Hope2Fly
18th Mar 2009, 14:48
What does that mean

Maja2U
18th Mar 2009, 15:31
yes...what so big in that news??? :bored:
didn't we already know that people are coming ...and we are 'on the ice'??
don't get it...
maybe i'm slow... help?

Dubai Bound
18th Mar 2009, 19:01
yes...what so big in that news??? http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/wbored.gif
didn't we already know that people are coming ...and we are 'on the ice'??
don't get it...
maybe i'm slow... help?

First of all, who said it was big news? Second of all what the hell does your second sentence mean? people are coming where? and on the ice?
If you read something that doesn't pertain to you just disregard it in the future:ugh:

Maja2U
18th Mar 2009, 19:15
??? do you have nerve problems? :=
all i said was that we know that people are still joining the emirates. EVERY FRIDAY!
...and that we're put on hold a.k.a 'on the ice'.

no need to show lack of culture, babe. we're all here for the same reason.

Dubai Bound
18th Mar 2009, 19:35
testy, testy....... haha
that's all you had to say.....
I didn't mean to offend you
My point in the whole matter was that if you want your money back for medicals then call them and request it and if they want you to join emirates then they will contact you even if they are reimbursing you for medicals.
I actually didn't know people are joining every friday.
How do you know that? Was it a reliable source and do you know about how many join every friday. Curious..
Thanks and again, sorry I did not mean to offend, I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.. Haha

Maja2U
18th Mar 2009, 20:12
i get you, babe!
but my post wasn't a reply to yours... :O
mikey3000...or what ever he/she's called wrote that people are joining emirates march 20'th. and then he or she deleted that post so it looked like hope2fly and myself replied to yours...

that's all.
but glad to hear about your money being 'on its way home'. :D
they acted like fu**ers so far, so giving us back our money is the smallest thing they could do. :yuk:

Maja2U
18th Mar 2009, 20:26
oh, yes..i forgot to answer you... :ugh:
yes, people are still coming to dubai. actually, there was a girl here on this forum that told us that she's going there this friday. got her visa and everything... :hmm:
and she's not the only one!:=
my friends went in february and were told that they are not the last group. since then 3 groups arrived.
and as if that's not enough, i know a person whos DOJ is in april...and she got her visa too...:{
long story short, don't know **** anymore!! all i know is that everyone's going somewhere and i'm still checking my email everyday like something will change over night! :ugh:

mellymoo
19th Mar 2009, 15:15
Hi all,

I worked for EK for about 10years, and have to say that if you dont contact them they wont contact you about reimbursements. They are so inundated from all the recruitment drives they did.

They wont strike you off for asking for your medical bills back, at the moment I think they have far bigger problems -not to say that what they have done to you all is a not a big problem!!

I reapplied to them about 3 months ago and have friends in all divisions of the company, I know that they are all stressed out about what is happening over there as well!! I am still awaiting any response from the CCM's.

I applied for another airline and have received we are happy to inform you, and am awaiting clearance as well. However, an insider at the "rival" airline has mentioned that they arent taking on Ab Initios till September!! We all had our interviews in Jan and Feb, with no mention of this at all also we were told they are still recruiting, they went to Tunis and 7 got through to the final and they didnt take anyone!! They have cancelled interviews in other countries as well!! I dont know why they dont issue on the Careers section that they arent taking on recruits at present.

The only one that looks as if they are taking ab initios quickly is GF Air and Qatar!!

Good Luck to you all

pinkylicious
20th Mar 2009, 07:48
Anyone flying to dubai 20th march??
Except me of course...

tiniviel
20th Mar 2009, 12:53
I dont think Ill write to Emirates in order to get my money back... Ill just keep waiting... I think by december they might start recruiting again... if not... who will work on their new planes when they arrive :)

I say... let's wait and see
We can ask of them to give us money for second medical we will have to take cause our old one will expire

poll
20th Mar 2009, 17:10
When my daughter got offered the job as cabin crew in September 2008 she could not travel out until January 2009 they told her not to do her medicals until November because they only last for 3 months and if she had done them straight away ie Sept/Oct they would have been expired by the time she joined.
So I think with the exception of vaccinations most people will have to redo medicals.

mellymoo
21st Mar 2009, 00:07
guys I would ask for medical reimbursement, they wont remember each individual in Dec 09!! Vaccinations wont get paid back, and medicals are normally valid for 6 months, this is for the TB check or enlarged heart. Etihad has stopped all training and wont commence till October so the other forum is building up. I am still awaiting to hear back from EK as a rejoiner nothing as of yet! Think this might be a long wait xx:ugh:

sydflyboi
22nd Mar 2009, 13:26
Well a number of days have passed and yet again nothing from EK about what they will refund. :ugh:

Oh well it looks like after their little incident in Melbourne last night they may have to spend all the money on fixing the aircraft as the damage will be somewhat in the $$$$$$ range.

Maja2U
22nd Mar 2009, 21:12
:eek:
incident in Melbourne??

cielazur
22nd Mar 2009, 23:24
Emirates flight makes emergency landing | Travel | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,28318,25219835-5009000,00.html)

Emirates made an emergency landing in Melbourne

Dubai Bound
23rd Mar 2009, 03:05
I received an email today from emirates asking what address I wanted the payment sent to. I emailed them back, so I guess we will see if they come through. I'll post on here again when I receive the check

jeaniepie
24th Mar 2009, 06:20
hi everyone! does anyone have any idea when the cabin crew hiring will resume?
I am just wondering..as per the "business meetings", emirates airline is still above the waters compared to other airlines, but how come other airlines such as Qatar Airways and Etihad Airlines are continuous hiring at this time?:confused:

tiniviel
24th Mar 2009, 15:06
I think we cant expect nothing before end of summer....autumn...
so... continue with our lives and hope for the best

cielazur
26th Mar 2009, 20:16
That's very sage advice, tiniviel.. a friend who works for EK told me that they are working flight attendants really hard because there are always people leaving but no new joiners are coming, a lot of them are getting just their mandatory 8 days off. Even without bidding for days off, this friend of mine used to have on average 10 days off per roster, and as crew now, days off are so precious. She told me that EK will start the hiring process in November, so let's keep our fingers crossed til then!

Maja2U
26th Mar 2009, 22:12
i heard a different story.
my friend who also works for the emirates got only 2 flights for april, and her friends did too. :eek: we spoke today.
they are depressed and sad 'cause their salary depends on the number of flights.
people are going, that's right, but there are numerous routs that are being canceled due to problems in tourism sector (people don't travel that much with all this crisis going on) and some routs are still active but with flights reduced from 4 times per week to 1/2 times per week...:(

cielazur
27th Mar 2009, 07:30
Just two rostered flights, gosh that's really scary isn't it.. to think that flying pay is part of the salary package.. is your friend Grade II or FG1? or are they SFS/purser? My source is FG1, maybe they have different rosters? She's going to 8 different places (5 turnarounds and 6 layovers) in april..!

Maja2U
27th Mar 2009, 14:32
:bored: hm...
didn't ask... i'll let you know when i hear from her tonight on facebook. :ok:
i had nooooooooooooo idea there are so many types of incomes there.
i'll send her a message and get back 2 ya when i get a reply.
kiss you all!!

MadRookie
27th Mar 2009, 20:31
Yo Guys & Dolls:

Be careful what you post.......think about it?????

Just Me.

:)

sydflyboi
28th Mar 2009, 12:17
So upon looking at the new improved EK website I see that the position for cabin crew was open to apply for Cabin Crew from the 26th March even though they have no open days planned once you get into the site further. :hmm: But wait my friend in the UK just advised me that EK were having open days there as his friend was going to attend one of them ?????

Something new also that I never did see before the revamp of the recruitment site is that you must be between 20 - 30 years old for the position of cabin crew. Could that be why they dropped me from going because I am past this age group????

Oh yeah almost 2 weeks and still nothing back about medical reimburesment from when they said they would review. :ugh: I think I may tell them to keep the money and spend in on fixing their aircraft. I am sure they would respond to that in a hurry.

Maja2U
28th Mar 2009, 13:11
'my friend in the UK just advised me that EK were having open days there as his friend was going to attend one of them ?????''

WTF??? :confused:
they still have open days? how's that possible? how do people there (in the UK) know when and where to come if informations on open days are nowhere to be found...:cool:

lamp
28th Mar 2009, 15:20
"She told me that EK will start the hiring process in November, so let's keep our fingers crossed til then!"

Sorry to take this slightly off topic, but is this just for cabin crew, or all staff? Inc, ground & office staff, pilots, etc?

Anagard
28th Mar 2009, 15:22
Considering that the pilots who are currently in the hiring hold pool have been told to not expect any new recruitment until Nov 2009, I'd say not to expect any inflight recruitment until late this year.

A few new 777s were delivered, and an A380 is expected to arrive in April. Two more A380s are supposedly due in November and an additional 2 in December (unless they get deferred by ek).

Technically they don't need new cabin crew at the moment as they can easily staff the flights to minimums, eliminating extra cabin crew on each flight while spreading them out on other routes.

zerozol
29th Mar 2009, 14:47
Hi all!

Sydflyboy,
where did you see this age limit of 20-30 years for CC? i suppose by "current vacancies - national cabin crew programme".

that means it is for UAE nationals.

for international recruiting the upper age limit is still not officially declared, only the minimum, 21 years.

jeaniepie
30th Mar 2009, 02:23
So the recruitment will resume November 2009? I hope it will start earlier than that..
but they are hiring UAE nationals at the moment??
what if you fly to dubai and directly apply there?;) i know of some cabin crews who did that...:ok:

cielazur
30th Mar 2009, 02:29
I wish that were possible.. "national" means the 15% of residents in the UAE who actually hold UAE citizenship. So unless you hold a UAE passport, don't even think about it! := :p

sydflyboi
31st Mar 2009, 04:45
Thanks for the clarification. I found it on one page that for some reason it wont let me go back to again now but was very curious when I read that part. As you mentioned being it was for National Cabin Crew that would explain it a little more. I only new the minimum was or close to being 21 by the time of employment with them.

Sheenab1983
31st Mar 2009, 13:18
My cousin flies with Emirates as CC and she said that she is very busy with full roster every month. All of her flights are busy too but she did say that some of her friends have experienced quiet flight more often than she has.

cielazur
2nd Apr 2009, 01:01
"Be careful what you post.......think about it?????"

Hey MadRookie, I"m just a bit confused.. didn't see anything overtly divulging or revealing about what I said.. care to elucidate? :ok:

Skywards
2nd Apr 2009, 01:11
^haha my thoughts exactly, I re-read the posts a few times and was thinking "am I missing something really obvious?!"...

Very cryptic comment MadRookie...:confused:

Diego_Br
2nd Apr 2009, 22:00
Aviation
Emirates airline offers staff unpaid leave

Staff Report
Published: April 01, 2009, 23:20

Dubai: Emirates airline yesterday announced that it has decided to offer unpaid leave to its cabin crew.

"After a careful review of our operational requirements, we have decided to offer our cabin crew staff the opportunity to apply for unpaid leave on a purely voluntary basis, starting from May 2009. In anticipation of our growing fleet, Emirates' recruitment efforts over the past 12 months have been highly successful in meeting our operational requirements. Combined with a sharp drop in cabin crew attrition, we now find ourselves in a position to be more flexible as an employer," an Emirates spokesperson said in a statement.

"We believe some of our staff will welcome the opportunity to take time off to pursue personal interests such as: further studies, hobbies, or simply to spend time with family and friends," the airline said.

Cabin crew may opt for unpaid leave from a period of one month up to a maximum of six months. "While on leave they will still be employees of the airline, and continue to be eligible for various benefits including paid accommodation and travel concessions."

by: gulfnews.com

Diego_Br
2nd Apr 2009, 22:11
I still believe that Emirates will be hiring again later this year, and i'm preparing myself for that!

Maja2U
3rd Apr 2009, 14:23
now THAT'S what I call a bad news... :(

you don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize what this means for all of us who got 'THE mail'...:sad:

according to this, things aren't getting better in the company and this is the final strategy an employer can do before pronouncing time for lay offs...
they're doing it all by the book: stop recruiting, measure financial outcome, offer unpaid leaves to employees, measure financial outcome, fire all unnecessary workers, measure financial outcome.
I hate this... we're here everyday trying to find something that will help us get our hopes back and the result it just the opposite... :(

wannabecc
3rd Apr 2009, 20:43
If they are asking full time cabin crew to go on voluntary No-pay for one to six months, those waiting to join Emirates soon will only be disappointed. I mean how much clearer can the picture be :eek:. If you can't read between the lines, be prepared to continue to be disappointed :rolleyes:

flybug345
5th Apr 2009, 10:36
Hello guys,

Here one post from EK cabin crew on her 1st day off in a long time. 4th month in a row I have been getting min rest in my rosters as a lots of my friends. Prices of tickets went a bit down, but all are flihts are full. :confused:

With unpayed leave...It's not possible for a lot a people to get it anyways. Depends on a senority and your file,sick days,etc...and when these new 2 A380 arrives this year...

I think it will not pass too much time and we will be short of crew as usually. ;)

Don't worry guys, EK is GREAT airline. They need people all the time. And guess what, we are still making a profit!!! :ok:

Cheers

Diego_Br
6th Apr 2009, 01:51
Thanks Flybug345!!

That's the spirit... i'm staying positive!
Emirates is my goal, i'll never give up! I'll study more and more to be ready!

Thanks again!

VUPerson
6th Apr 2009, 07:21
It sounds you are from EK PR department :E

wannabecc
6th Apr 2009, 15:52
I sure hope flybug345 is not an EK PR person...not with that English anyway :rolleyes::rolleyes:

flybug345
7th Apr 2009, 06:28
Thank you for your offence. :yuk:

Forget of coming in Emirates, 'cause I'm not sure you will survive long, with that attitude, working with 110 nationalities. Make sure you don't make fun of your recruit officers, 'cause English for them may not be native. It may be 3th of 4, like it's for me.

I'm just a cabin crew who tryed 2 different airlines before and know what she is talking about...after working 3 years in EK.
btw. I'm spending my 2nd day off this month on person like you. :yuk:

Good luck in a surch of an airline, which will take you as cc! :E

stw/Jane
7th Apr 2009, 06:57
C'mon.We have enough douchebags like this "wannabecc" in EK :ugh:

wannabecc
7th Apr 2009, 17:41
No offence intended. I said "Hope you are not an EK PR person". I did not say "Hope you are not EK cabin crew". English is not a first language for most, and that is the reason why Emirates hires other "110 nationalities" as you put it. But to be an EK PR person, speaking good English would be of top most priority, and that is merely what I was suggesting. Hope you understand it now. (Besides English grammar is one of the tests that you have to go through when being interviewed initially. Looks like you managed to clear that one)

MadRookie
8th Apr 2009, 06:25
......mmmm.......do you people honestly believe that this and other similar forums are not monitored by management level in the associated organizations??

What I meant, was just be careful of what you post, especially if you are awaiting employment, and even more so if you are already employed......

just my 2c worth :ok::ok:

Maja2U
10th Apr 2009, 22:42
WTF!?!? :rolleyes:

you keep saying over and over again 'watch out what you're posting'...
i'm sorry but... are you dyslexic???? :confused:

there is NOTHING here!
no one is saying nothing about anything that can cause any problems!!!

tnx 4 your comment but that's all you ever post... 'be careful, be careful...'
and i'm, like, what is she talking about??? :ugh:

alkatifa
10th Apr 2009, 23:36
LOL Maya :}

Anagard
11th Apr 2009, 13:01
Getting back to the thread and topic of recruitment at ek....

There is some new hopeful signs of movement, although not much. The pilots who've been in the hold pool since last April '08 have received an update that they may get course dates in July, August and September. This is positive in that ek is obviously still getting new aircraft to warrant new flightdeck training. On a less positive note, rumour has it that most of the aircraft scheduled to be delivered will be 'parked', as in not used or put on the line until the economic downturn reverses itself.

Another reason for voluntary unpaid leave of absence for cabin crew is that the attrition rate is now extremely low... because where else are people going to seek jobs as cc's when there is a global recession and airlines are not hiring like they used to... :bored: so everyone is basically staying put.

sydflyboi
12th Apr 2009, 03:47
So has anyone heard back from EK after they have been told they will review and pay back the medicals. :rolleyes: I know that I havent and it has been 1 month since they said they would. Hmmm perhaps the cheque got lost in the mail. Better still now that they will need to possibly write off the aircraft that almost crashed in Melbourne a month ago (which would have been Australia's worst aviation disaster on record had it occured) they need all the money ($220 million)to replace that one. Congratulations EK :D your response (or lackoff) to that near disaster and those you cant respond to with anything is outstanding. I am so lucky now I almost had the chance to work for an airline that cared about possible new employees :ok:.

tiniviel
12th Apr 2009, 08:31
...who wanna be Emirates cabin crew

HAPPY EASTER!!! ;);):ok::)

big greetings from Croatia

soulatude
13th Apr 2009, 10:35
getting back to the topic. when do u think the dates for cabin crew are opening again? and do the people who got the withdrawal mail have to go through the whole process again or just wait for the new dates?

wannabecc
13th Apr 2009, 16:23
sydflyboi a tail strike is hardly a crash :rolleyes:. I guess you do not know of the SQ 744 that also suffered a similar tail strike some time ago, and landed safely back at the airport.

This comment of yours was amusing "Better still now that they will need to possibly write off the aircraft that almost crashed in Melbourne a month ago (which would have been Australia's worst aviation disaster on record had it occured). :)

nrcrowth
13th Apr 2009, 17:58
I think the earliest the dates will come is July but might not be till Oct/nov! I think we will just have to redo medicals again! at least they reimbursed the medicals hey! reckon im goin to go to one of those aviation medical centres next time where u can get all medicals with results in same day! cheers ;)

sydflyboi
14th Apr 2009, 01:51
news.com.au
Emirates jet 'close to crashing' in Melbourne

Sunday Herald Sun / April 12, 2009 12:01am

A FULLY-LADEN jet came only centimetres from crashing at Melbourne Airport last month, it has been revealed.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau has placed it in the most serious category of aircraft mishap available to it - an accident, rather than an incident.

An ATSB investigation update shows the accident was labelled a "significant event" by investigators, who also listed damage to the aircraft as "substantial".

"During the take-off the aircraft's tail scraped the runway surface. Subsequently smoke was observed in the cabin," the report says.

A Sunday Herald Sun investigation has confirmed that the flight - EK407 to Dubai - almost failed to become airborne and barely made it over the airport perimeter fence, half a kilometre away.

Damage to the $220 million plane is so severe that the airline is considering writing it off rather than repairing it.

The fully-laden Airbus A340-500 was believed to have been travelling about 280km/h when it reached the end of the runway without becoming airborne.
At the last minute, the two pilots "rotated" the plane - or pulled its nose up into a steep ascent - causing its tail to crash into the end of the runway.

Despite its steep climb, the plane was still so low that it wiped out strobe lights that were only 70cm high and positioned 170m from the end of the runway.

It then took out an antenna, believed to be near a small building, before barely making it over the 2.44m wire perimeter fence.
Aviation expert Dick Smith said something had gone badly wrong.

"It's the closest thing to a major aviation accident in Australia for years," he said.

"The people (passengers) are incredibly lucky, it was an overrun where the plane didn't get airborne."

Mr Smith said Emirates was a "very good airline" and it was strange the pilots had resigned immediately after the accident.

"Emirates' standards are very high and they have a lot of Australian pilots," he said.

"What I'm startled by is that there hasn't been a more immediate announcement. We should get some urgent advice from the ATSB. This is one of the most serious accidents you can imagine."

A Melbourne Airport spokeswoman confirmed the size of the strobe lights, which are on a grassed area between the end of the runway and the perimeter fence, which runs alongside Operations Rd.

"The height of the runway strobe lights is 0.7m above ground level," she said.

And yes I am aware of the SQ744

lucy21
14th Apr 2009, 12:12
Hi all,

Just to let you know I received a phone call from emirates today to double check my details as they're sending the medical reimbursement cheque out and it should be with me within 2 weeks, I'll let you know when it arrives.

For all of those hoping to hear from Emirates in the near future I think it's unlikely that they'll be looking for new staff before the end of the year - their sister budget airline FlyDubai has now opened so people are less likely to fly with Emirates if money is tight. It's also not a good sign when they start asking their current staff to take unpaid leave. Not trying to be negative just don't think anyone should put their life on hold waiting for this.

wannabecc
14th Apr 2009, 19:26
sydflyboi, that is a more detailed write up than what I had heard..Thanks though!

sydflyboi
15th Apr 2009, 05:22
No worries but its still all a mystery as to why it almost did. All I am hoping for is that EK do come through for all of us and have the deceny to pay back the medicals. I am rather envious of Lucy21 as it seems to be moving forward for them whilst I sit in limbo for a month since their last email to me about it with no response to 3 emails to them since that time??? :mad:

miss_gloria
18th Apr 2009, 08:48
hey guys, i have been following this thread for a while.

im one of those whose contract has been withdrawn. DOJ was 20 March. i received the "bomb" on 12 Feb and i replied immediately expressing my disappointment and frustration. well i didnt specifically ask for compensation on the medicals, but wrote in my email that it was unfair for us to have gone through such a long application process and of course the money spent on the medicals. the medical & vaccinations cost me about usd530.

five days later, they came back with an email stating they would reimburse the medicals. initially i didnt think they would really give me back the money, so i didnt bother to follow up with them.

however, in the end they did reimbursed me for the medical checkup, but not the vaccinations. i received a cheque of usd290 via Fedex a month later.

i guess that was the most decent thing they did for this entire fiasco. just hope i have not ended up on their blacklist because i am still keen to join! :)

Skywards
19th Apr 2009, 23:07
Thanks for the infor miss_gloria. I had been holding off asking for reimbursement in fear of being 'blacklisted', but I'm beyond caring if they do that! I've been getting my receipts together to email off to them. I really don't think they will be contacting us anytime soon for employment, so I might as well get my money back! Thanks for letting us know, good to hear there is definitely someone who has actually received some money!

sydflyboi
21st Apr 2009, 11:29
Hey everyone finally I also received a call and email from EK checking my details for them to send out a cheque to me for my medical. Best of luck to the rest of you and hope they contact you all soon as well.:D

cielazur
25th Apr 2009, 22:50
The preliminary report on the near-crash in Melbourne has been released - pilot fatigue & lack on union could be major factors!

Pilot of Emirates flight that nearly crashed at Melbourne Airport was sleep-deprived | Travel News | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,28318,25387505-5014090,00.html)

pinkylicious
26th Apr 2009, 15:41
Anyone heard anything about when EK will hopefully get in contact with all "withdrawn" people??

As time passes, I have a feeling that this would never happen :(

Hannah23
26th Apr 2009, 16:06
hey pinkylicious.

i'm still waiting to hear from them too after i've got a 'withdraw' email.

i haven't got any recent news but they send me an email a month ago (24 march) and it was saying ''At this point in time, we are unable to provide you any definitive information as we do not have confirmed courses. However, we will re-contact you once we have our courses confirmed.''
that's all :bored:
I asked them that i would like to know at least a time frame when they will open their training corse, like this summer, this autumn or whenever.

seems like we have to wait much longer than we expected... oh, i also heard that they might ask us to have a final interview again to reassess candidates. Anyone heard about this??? Having a final interview again is really unfair, isn't it??? Hopely they won't do this really :=

asturiano
26th Apr 2009, 17:39
Hello Everyone!

I´ve been reading this forum for more than a year now, but I´ve always been quiet till now, so I decided to register and participate with any bits and pieces that I might know, as this wait is being really painful and very frustrating.

I´ve been selected last November in Seville by EK. Had my DOJ on the 20 of Feb but got the horrible withdraw email 7 days prior my DOJ. :ugh:

As we are loads of us waiting for good news, I´d like to encorauge anyone, who might know what´s gonna happen to all candidates on hold, to post it please! As I´m sure that people are moving their asses to get answers calling EK and getting in touch with HR managers. I believe we are around 800 people who had their offer of employment withdrawn as one training manager has told me.

I´m leaving here my messenger to anyone who would like to add me, so we can be in touch and share all we might find out about what´s gonna happen to us. [email protected]

Peace out!

Maja2U
26th Apr 2009, 17:50
yes...time goes by and nothing changes.

i just have to say that there are a lot of people who applied for the emirates not only 'cause they like the CC job, but 'cause they NEED A JOB.

i, myself, am now totally strangled and confused with what happened- the lack of informations, the way they are avoiding any strict answers is more than frustrated.
i would rather that they said ''no hope 'till next year'' or ''no hope at all'' but to keep us waiting like this... their PR/or HR/or whoever is doing a lousy job!

so what should we do now? find a job and then quit when they contact us?
how sassy and vain is that, if i may say!!!
i'm not sure how many people would do that, not after they way they treated us... (especially if you have bachelor's degree in your pocket)
to find a good paid & steady job during this global crisis is like winning a lottery . how many people will turn their backs on that the second emirates start recruiting... not many, i think.
i just hate the way they acted. like we are some animals that should scroll under some bed and wait for their sign that can happen' 2 weeks from now, 2 months from now, 2 years from now...or never!
'we will re-contact you as soon as we get our courses dates confirmed' is as got as if they said 'sit and wait for your Q, puppy!!' :ugh:

Leito
27th Apr 2009, 09:06
Now Maja, its understanding that you are hurt by what happened to you and many others here, but I believe that the reason that they don't give you a date its because they simply don't know as they get together every week to see how the crisis is doing and what needs to be done.
If they tell you to get ready for July and then they can't start the training courses you'll be upset again, if they tell you to get ready for next year and things get better they will contact you earlier and then you mght have already a bettet job, specially since you have a degree.
I suggest you to get on with your life and if and when they contact you then think about it, I believe that the next time that they contact you it will be for good.

They run a business and not a charity, they can't be profitable with extra staff, so they need to ensure that they have the right ammoun of people and it might take a while to get those numbers correct, this is the reason that unpaid leave was offered.

Please go on with your lifes and once you are contacted take a decision, I hope that things get better earlier than expected.

Best of luck to everyone !!!! :ok:

pinkylicious
30th Apr 2009, 11:43
hey hannah23,

Well being interviewed again sucks and it's damn unfair!!
but it would be even worth a try if they interview us and tell us that they will bear the medical costs instead of making us go through the same medical stuff again!
I mean they must have taken already some notes about our health and the least they could do is bear us the medical costs for the job!!

sydflyboi
6th May 2009, 05:21
Hey all just to let you know that my friend attended an assessment day in London and apparently he said there was another one the other day at the Crowne Plaza next to Heathrow Airport. Funny that they say they dont know when things will change and start recruitment again yet they clearly are having open days. His friend in Dublin was also invited again by email only to attend an assessment day so WTF :mad: is going on with Emirates and recruitment. This sounds to me like recruitment taking place or have I misinterpreted this??????

If anyone has attended or was invited to one of these days please let us know when you applied for the position as we would like to know.

Aurora-Beti
6th May 2009, 07:42
Sydflyboi

Don't you worry, there is no chance for that. Yes, there was an Assessment Day in London 2 days ago, and today is in Dublin but... that's for ETIHAD Airways. You probably just misunderstood.
Everything will start changing at the end of this year. So just live your life and... be ready for an e-mail in 6 months time.

Stay cool guys
We all will finally meet in Dubai!

sydflyboi
6th May 2009, 08:17
Thanks for that maybe my friend has no idea which airline he attended but he did say it was for Emirates and yes Ethiad also had their open days there as well for which he did mention. Anyhow as for me well I am way beyond working for a company that has no respesct, no communciation, no common coutersy or anything else to treat people the way in which they have. Yes I fully understand why it was done however it didnt happen overnight and it was handled poorly from the start and is still continuing to this point. At least every every airline in Australia has had the common courtesy to send an email to all prospective employees (be it cabin crew, check in etc) to advise what is happening with recruitment and continue to do so. Didnt take much to send a general email to everyone but still for a large airline such as EK they just cant seem to do anything like that. Good luck though I wish you and all those that do hear from EK the very best. I may see you in Sydney for your next flight.

Aurora-Beti
6th May 2009, 08:34
I get your point Sydflyboi. But, why do you even bother about the AD if you don't want to work for them?
Let me tell you one thing. EK is a huge company, with hundreds departments. I agree they didn't do their best if it comes to their HR department. What I'm trying to say is, now they know they were't ready for the crisis from that side, but believe me, when they finally bounce back on their feet and their economic situation gets better they will look into it and find a system that will let protect them from making same mistake again in case if similar situation appears.
I am not trying to excuse them, just trying to put myself in their shoes.
I believe that People are the most valuable "thing" in each company, but the truth is... if I was just to become a bancrupt, I'd rather focus on my money than my people, just to be able to give them a job after all.
You don't have to agree with me, just try to look at it from a diffrent side.

sydflyboi
6th May 2009, 10:32
No I am not saying that is wrong at all and like I said I understand why it was done to the same reasons you mentioned but to continue to take people after my scheduled 13th Feb DOJ is and was very wrong. :=

If I was stopped then every other group due to join after myself should also have been stopped as well. Why did they still continue to take groups up until the end of March?????:ugh: I know for a fact other people who did join after me got their contracts after I had already signed mine. Do you or do you not agree that was fair they got to go and I along with others who were cancelled didnt??????? There is no logial reason why they should have still been able to go if we were cancelled due to economic reasons. They still have to pay all of those new employees don't they along with living arrangements????

Anyhow like I said I wish you all the best and to everyone else. I have my money back from EK for my medical so can now put it to better use to help stimulate my country's economy rather then Dubai's.

Aurora-Beti
6th May 2009, 11:40
You're right. They shouldn't have done that. But again... in such a huge companies we are just a numbers, unfortunately.

Best of luck!!!

smilingbutterfly
7th May 2009, 00:05
Does anyone know if EK have had or are supposedly having any open days in Cape Town some time this year? I realize that they probably won't start recruiting until the end of the year, however, is there any way of getting your CV out to them so as to be one step ahead, or shall i just wait until it says something on the website about new jobs etc?

Smilingbutterfly :)

EK Fan
7th May 2009, 16:41
Ok so hot off the heels of the announcement that EK won't be delaying any deliveries till 2011, is the outlook for potential new joining crew any brighter from what you guys have heard? Or is this announcement neglecting to mention that while delivieres won't be delayed, EK will also be retiring/returning existing air frames thereby keeping the fleet at it's current (or slightly bigger) size? Is it also true that EK now have minimum crew on their aicraft? If so, what are differences in crewing now compared to before? How many crew does a full 3 class A332 go out with, for example? or 3 class 773?

Thanks to anyone who can help! :ok:

mellymoo
8th May 2009, 12:19
crew dependcy depends on destination etc and covering doors, e.g. 8 doors to be covered, purser and maybe 1 sfs total of 10, it all depends on staff shortage as they have given crew time off A330.

B777-200 could be 10 again to cover doors, or B777-300 12. Hope that helps x

indigoCat
11th May 2009, 22:38
Hi guys!

I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and applied for CC with EK last year. I too got the sad withdrawal notice by January '09. I'm applying again, though.
My question is: has any of you heard any gossip regarding further Open Days around the area? I've registered at their website, but the only date they've posted is February 2009, which, as you may have noticed, has already gone by.:p </sarcasm>

Well, back to my Arabic lessons...
(yup...stubborn MoFo...)

soulatude
12th May 2009, 05:24
Do the ppl who got the withdrawal email need to reapply again? and go through the whole process again???

dj9988
12th May 2009, 08:43
Please answer to this question.

I am 20 years old male . I decided to apply to emirates as Cabin Crew. But the problem is their age limit is minimum 21 So, I am doubt to apply so is there any way to apply for this...

tiniviel
12th May 2009, 09:24
I dont think we will have to re apply after our withdrawel mail... but, one can never know, to be honest I dont think that they will recontact us again... not before winter.

soulatude
12th May 2009, 14:04
winter? when is winter? hopefully we dont have to go through the whole process again. it would be ridiculous!! :*

nrcrowth
12th May 2009, 18:53
no we wont need to go through the whole process again....but i reckon theyll want to give us another one to one interview as a long time will have passed! and do most of the medicals again!

I hope they dont contact us till Nov as Ive got job with another airline but when my contract finishes would love to 'fly emirates!' ;)

EK Fan
12th May 2009, 19:32
I heard that Emirates is still hiring cabin crew albeit only in the UAE...is this true? If so, are they only hiring UAE nationals through these open/assessment days in Dubai, or is EK also hiring international crew but only through open days in Dubai? Any clarification would be great, might be moving to Dubai in August, and would gladly leave my job for an EK crew position should I get it (and should they be hiring).

On an unrelated topic, if and when they do start hiring again, did they traditionally hold open days in Dubai, or did they only hold those internationally? Are there certain locations where it might be easier to get an in as crew than others? (say a certain city like Sydney might have a huge turnout so more competition/easier to get lost in the crowd, while a city like Kiev might have less attendees so its easier to make an impression).

pinkylicious
13th May 2009, 05:36
Hey Guys,

I had word from one of the last and (luckiest!)guys to join EK and he told me his was the last batch too..
Rumor has it that recruitment will start in September and that there are 5000 on hold!
Hmmm....Let's get our act together and bombard them with calls during that time!!
:}
Peace!

ccARG
13th May 2009, 22:53
Hi! I'm from Argentina and I went through the whole recruitment process late last year, including the final interview. I was never confirmed nor was asked to do my medicals, though.

Instead, I received an email (just like many other people did) saying that due to "current aircraft crewing requirements" they must inform me that on this occasion I have been unsuccessful, and that "this is no reflection of you as a candidate as you did demonstrate potential through our process".

What I take from this is that I did meet all the requirements, but due to the current global situation, they put us all on hold, am I right? I read some posts here saying that Emirates would probably start calling those who already sent their medicals and got their applications withdrawn at the last minute.

But, does anyone know if they will also call those who are in my situation? (the email I received says that "(the Emirates) team will look to make contact with you in approximately six to nine months time to see if you would like to reapply to join our international Cabin Crew team", so I guess they will.

In that case, will we have to go through the whole process (open day, assessment day, final interview, etc.) again? Bear in mind that I did NOT receive a confirmation from Emirates; I was just waiting for the confirmation email when I heard from them with the above information.

Is anyone else here in the same situation as I am?

Any information will be really appreciated.

Saludos!

Skywards
13th May 2009, 23:20
Pinky that's great news, hopefully it's true! But with the 5000 on hold, would this include people like ccARG (above), or are there 5000 people like us who had done the medicals and had a DOJ? 5000 is a huge number...surely they wouldn't go from no recruitment to taking on 5000, so I wonder how they would select people? I am waiting on Etihad who say October, but I still really would prefer Emirates....hopefully your news is true!

Sorry ccARG, don't know what my situation means, let alone what yours does! Wish we all knew more!

ccARG
13th May 2009, 23:51
Hey Skywards! Yes, I know... As if it wasn't hard enough to find out what will happen to those who got their applications withdrawn after they were given a DOJ, I imagine it's harder to know what will happen to those in my situation :(

About those 5000 people on hold that pinkylicious mentioned, I think (this is my personal belief; I have no firm data for this) that they include those in my situation as well; not only the ones who sent their medicals and received a DOJ.

Whatever the case, I hope we can all make it to Dubai as soon as possible and without going through the whole process again.

Good luck to everyone and let's keep sharing whatever information we might come across.

ccARG

indigoCat
14th May 2009, 03:15
ccARG, were you, by any chance, pre-selected by TopFly before going to the Emirates Global Assessment Day?

Were that the case, the agency would eventually provide its candidates with a recommendation letter, detailing (our) application status. This is still unconfirmed, I'm trying to get some more information from them.

It would be a pain to go again through the same process; I had to sacrifice 2 days at work, for which I eventually got fired from my previous job :ugh: Going straight to the final interview would be nice, indeed.

As soon as I have news for Argentina, I'll be posting to this thread.
In the meantime, patience and hope.

Oh, and fernet, of course!:ok:

ccARG
14th May 2009, 03:47
indigoCat, yes, I was indeed pre-selected by TopFly before attending the Open Day and later the Assessment Day.

If your -still- unconfirmed data turns out to be true, that would be GREAT news!! Like you said, it would be really a hassle to go through the whole process again, with the risk of getting eliminated when you have already been successful all the way through the final interview not too long ago. A recomendation letter from the recruitment agency will surely come in handy ;)

Sorry to hear about your getting fired from your job for missing just 2 days :(

Just to make it clear, what's your current situation? Did you attend a final interview? If so, did you get a confirmation, DOJ, and then got it withdrawn at the last minute?

I made it past the Open Day, Assessment Day, and had the final interview. I got the dreaded email while I was waiting for an answer from Emirates HR team. However, the email clearly says that my not being successful does not reflect my candidate profile, but it's just a result of the current economic crisis, and they hope to re-contact me (and everyone else who received the same email) within 6-9 months to ask if we're still interested in working for the airline (which of course I am! LOL)

Keep posting whatever information you may come across and don't ever lose hope, we will all meet in Dubai eventually :ok:

Saludos!
ccARG

PS: Private me if you want my email address to keep in touch

Aurora-Beti
14th May 2009, 05:59
Hi there,

I got the same e-mail as you. I had my FI on the 19th January. What I think is, they will re-contact us when they start recruiting again, but... I think we will be asked to attend AD and just skip the OD. It would be too beautiful if they invited us only for the FI.
Don't get me wrong but... our e-mail does say NO any way :(
And they didn't mention anything about crisis in it.

But we will meet in Dubai!!!

cheers guys!!

soulatude
14th May 2009, 08:03
As far as i know, if they email you saying they'll recontact you in 6 to 9 months, means you weren't successful after the FI. For my case, I had a DOJ and was withdrawn after i did my medicals. I didn't even get a chance to send it over. LOL. All we can do now is wait for a happier and more pleasant email.

Aurora-Beti
14th May 2009, 18:59
They also send a different e-mail to other people in which they say "you have been unsuccessfull (...) you can try again after one year". That definitely means you didn't make it through the FI. But don't you think in the first case ("we'll recontact you") they liked what they saw, but couldn't take it.

In my case... I made it to the FI among 23 people who were chosen from 230ppl. Imagine, none of us got a "congratulation" e-mail. What's more, our OD was the last one this year, after it they cancelled all OD.

Or, maybe I'm just fooling myself by believing I was perfect and it was just a wrong timing???

Aurora-Beti
14th May 2009, 20:38
I'm sorry that was a little bit selfish from my side.
Your situation is much more complicated Soulatude, but here is the thing. You can be sure, they will just ask you to re-do medicals and there will be no need for them to put you through FI again (unless your FI was more than 12months ago). They already know you're great.

So all of you guys, don't worry!!!
It'll all be good, just stay positive and...enjoy the life!
And remember, when God closes one door He opens a window, just have to find it :) And I know there is going to be a wide open one for you at the end of this year!

We'll all "Fly Emirates"!!!

xxx

soulatude
15th May 2009, 04:31
i apologise for what i said. i didnt know there was that other email.....again im sorry.
and yes hopefully what u said is true...

brani
15th May 2009, 07:27
Hello all :)
does anyone from you has any information when emirates will start new recruitment again ?
Thanks im advance

pinkylicious
16th May 2009, 23:32
Hi there

In answer to your question, I can tell you about my experience..
I was 20 and 6 months old when I just walked in at the Open day for an interview with Emirates and they obviously told everyone that we can apply only at 21..
But when I told them I would become 21 in 6 month's time they said it was fine and guess what I passed all the interviews but the only prob was I had to wait until I became 21 and was kept on hold..but unfortunately this is not the right time for you to apply bcos
1. Ek is not recruitng for the time being
2. A lot of new joiners were kept on hold including me bcos of the global crisis
3. if u don't mind being on hold until u become 21, then you can apply all the same

anyway i advise you to apply cos u never kno!!

BTW I'm Sri Lankan too and I'm rejoicing the liberation of our beautiful island of terrorist tamil tigers!

So good luck!

june225
19th May 2009, 05:48
Hello everyone,

While waiting on hold, is it possible to work for another airline?

For example, working at Qatar Airways while waiting for Emirates to restart their training...

My friend is currently on hold right after receiving the congratulations letter from Emirates, and she was wondering if she could work for Qatar Airway during the waiting.

Some say that once you've worked in an airline, there is a 1 year term that you are not allowed to work in another airline right after resigning the previous company.

Thought changing a company to work wasn't that difficult. :sad:

made_in_ukraine
19th May 2009, 09:10
If I am not mistaken, QR like any other airline in the Middle East, has a 2-year BINDING contract. If your friend decides to drop out (or if they let him/her go because of misconduct), he/she will liable to pay back the costs they incured for training him/her. So, if your friend joins QR in June and receives an invitation from EK in December and decides to join EK, he/she should be prepared to pay back the money QR has spent on him/her. And I would imagine the amount will be rather significant. So, this is one aspect.

The second aspect is the minimum time in between working for two different airlines. I can't confirm anything, but I have heard from many girls who were successful with EK and were about to join the company that they were advised by EK that in case they decided to join QR while being on hold for EK, they would have to wait for one year in between they quit their job with QR and start with EK.

So, in the end, it is all about being ready to face financial burden and (assumed) one-year window. I hope this clears up somehow

magicmorris
19th May 2009, 09:45
There is no Binding contract period, with either EK, EY or QR. But the airlines have an agreement between themselves that if you want to move between the airlines, you must complete 6 months..... To make it worth while training you and when you recieve a job offer from the other airline a minimum notice period of 6 months.... So you would be looking at doing 1 year!

made_in_ukraine
19th May 2009, 10:17
Apologies. To me, it seemed like the initial contract you get with either EK or QR implies that you must work for the designated period of time; otherwise, you must pay back what has been spent on you proportionally to how early you quit. Sorry for confusion...

Saab Dastard
19th May 2009, 14:12
Reminder

Post in English, using accepted spelling and grammar - This is a requirement to assist those users that do not have English as their first language. Do not post in Phone Text Speak. If you do post in text speak, your post will be deleted.

You are seeking employment as adults in an adult world. Try and write here and at interview as if you are adults - It will help you get the job that you want.

SD - moderator

Emma Gemma
19th May 2009, 14:12
It's known as a poaching regulation and prevents airlines from stealing each others crew. So, thinking of joining QR whilst waiting for a training course with EK is more or less impossible. One girl from Singapore did this and during training she was offered EK. She resigned from QR and went home. She ended up with nothing!

With QR you would also have to sign a two year service undertaking worth some $2000. Either you work or pay it off. In this term it is a BINDING CONTRACT. Before 2004 or so it was an open-ended contract.

NieveYao
19th May 2009, 16:22
I attended the Open Day on the 8th of Feb in Taiwan. The initial Assessment Day was scheduled on the 28th Feb 2009 but we were informed in person and email that it will be postponed and they will inform us once the dates has been confirmed. However, during the day, they mentioned that QR and EK have a contract so once you started working for QR, you will have to wait for one year in order to start working at EK. As for EK, there is no $ amount of penalty for breaking the contract except that EK will never take you again (for any position within the company if I am not mistaken). Also, they mentioned that for those who were successful but was put on hold will most likely have to attend their Final Interview again.
Hope this helps and if I have any news about the AD, I will let you guys know.

Skywards
20th May 2009, 02:22
Thanks for this info, it is so helpful!

I have been accepted with Etihad and Emirates and am on hold for both. I really want Emirates though, so I was going to accept Etihad (if their training came first), and then just wait for Emirates and eventually move accross when things were back on track with them. Clearly this isn't an option though-very lucky you guys know what you are talking about-so thankyou!

Shame about having to do the final interview again, I guess it's to be expected considering it will probably be at least a year from our final interview to the time we actually get offered something again.

bobo_elg
20th May 2009, 06:37
i ve afriend of mine who is a senior emirates cabin crew she told me that they are holding recruitment only till september because the new planes that was supposed to get didnt arrived yet because of shortage in money due to crisis and now there is no available accomodation to new staff so they are waiting the arrival of the new planes and will open the recruitment again in september so good luck guys and try qatar airways they still hiring

Hannah23
20th May 2009, 08:58
well, if it's true that they will open the recruitement again in sep, that's really good news, isn't it?? :) I heard the same from my friend who works as a cabin crew of ek. I do hope that they are gonna open their traning courses in sep, then I think we, who are on hold, don't need to through the final interviews again because it will not have been 1 year after our final interviews!!!
I really don't wanna go through the final interview again as i think it's so unfair and the interviewers are going to be more picky!!! well, and i think it's not a good idea to try qatar because you know, what are you gonna do if ek contact you just after you start with qatar!?!?
anyway, just please let us know if you've got any news about ek :O

barrett1987
20th May 2009, 10:32
so I was going to accept Etihad (if their training came first), and then just wait for Emirates and eventually move accross when things were back on track with them.

hmmn..not cool.

pinkylicious
20th May 2009, 10:50
Guys,

I've been thinking..
Since recruitment might begin in Sept, those of us who did medicals and got nothing at all..why don't we ask EK to bear us the cost this time after they do contact us??
I mean anyway after medicals they are gonna re-check us in Dubai at their own costs so why don't we request them that we can come directly to dubai and they could conduct the medical tests there itself..
Wouldn't that be more sensible after what we went through?!
Besides I didn't ask for reimbursement because I really didn't care about the money only to get the job..and since we have already sent them medicals once they would have made an assessment of our health situation am i correct?
I mean no one could get HIV positive in 6 months..( well if your like really unlucky):bored:..You get what i mean...

I'm going to try asking one of the recruiters cos it's damn NOT fair!!!!

Skywards
20th May 2009, 22:46
Barrett1987....don't get your post???

Not cool because?

I am treating Emirates and Etihad with the same respect they have treated me with. I had my offer withdrawn be Emirates, only to get through with Etihad and find out I wouldn't be needed for at the very least 10 months (probably closer to a year).

Neither of them have been specific about a date that I will be starting on, so I think it's fair to think and act on what I want and need, as this is what they have done through the whole recruitment process. In normal circumstances I wouldn't do it, but this situation is hardly normal-through the fault of Emirates of Etihad.

Pinky: I will definitely be asking the question if/when I receive the call. I haven't been reimbursed either, so I will be pointing out that I'm not happy about paying out another thousand dollars. Hopefully they will be understanding about it...

barrett1987
21st May 2009, 06:07
Barrett1987....don't get your post???

I think you got my post's point just fine.

''They did it first!!!'' Comes across as..

/shrug, we both know that's not cool.

pinkylicious
21st May 2009, 06:49
I think we all should definitely request Ek that they re-do our medicals bearing the expenses themselves!!

nuigini
21st May 2009, 13:19
Start requesting things and they will happily withdraw your offer!

usagi27
21st May 2009, 14:07
I agree with nuigini lol they have a lot of ppl applying you know...

Skywards
22nd May 2009, 00:24
I think you got my post's point just fine.

''They did it first!!!'' Comes across as..

/shrug, we both know that's not cool.

Well I'm glad I have you to tell me what I think and understand Barrett! No I didn't get your post, it was 2 words! When you make a comment like that you should at least try and explain what you mean, I (unlike you obviously) don't know what other people are thinking.:ugh:

And yes of course it's a situation of "They did it first". They set the standard by which people should be treated, and they have set the standard very low IMO. If they think certain behaviour is acceptable, then they can't complain when we treat them in the same fashion. As I said I wouldn't normally do this, I am a very professional person. But after what I have been through I think I am entirely justified in lowering my standards for them.

I don't know if you are one of the withdrawn people. But I had friends who quit their jobs, sold cars and cancelled leases. I was told 3 weeks before I was meant to leave to another country to start a new life that it was all cancelled. I have taken time of work, spent well over $1000 on medicals and am mentally drained from all of this. And then to go through the whole recruitment process with Etihad only to be told (at the end of the process) that I wouldn't be needed for a year. Please don't try to tell me that I am the unprofessional one or that I owe it to either company to treat them better than they have treated me.

You might not think it's cool, but maybe put yourself in my situation and you might be slightly more sympathetic. And please don't speak for me, I am very capable of doing that myself.

In any case, if it can't be done then I won't be doing it.

Skywards
22nd May 2009, 00:32
pinky, nuigini and usagi- yeah I definitely won't be pushy about it...I will mention it, but really don't expect that anything will come of it (doesn't hurt to ask the question though). I have been hectically saving since it all happened thinking they will probably make us pay it again anyway, so at least this time I am prepared for it!

tiniviel
22nd May 2009, 10:35
I know im out of topic here... but does anyone know where to find Cabin crew joiners on new Emirates internet site...and if someone did found that... did one had any difficulties in loging in on his profile?

I would appreciate any responce

wannabecc
22nd May 2009, 19:57
The outlook still does not look good for Emirates wannabe cabin crew!

Emirates profits fall 72% | Aviation (http://www.ameinfo.com/197545.html)

Emirates profits fall 72%

The Emirates Group has warned that the immediate economic outlook for the aviation sector is not improving after it saw its net profit nosedive 72% for its financial year ending March 31, closing at Dhs1.49bn, compared to Dhs5.3bn in FY2007-08. The company blamed the combined impact of surging fuel prices last year and the global recession for the fall. However, Emirates pointed to the fact that it has now reported 21 consecutive full year net profits and said revenues increased 10.4% on the previous year to Dhs46.3bn, from Dhs41.9bn.

Boomerang_Butt
23rd May 2009, 07:02
Unfortunately for you Skywards, EK/EY have something you want: a job. And as long as they hold that over you then they will always have the advantage, whether they treat you well or not. That job is leverage over you, it''s no loss to them if they withdraw their offer again, there's 1000 more to take your place. Sad but true.

I'm not having a go at you, of course it's disheartening and discouraging to have it happen twice- but- no one made you apply for EY after EK withdrew your offer. The risk that you might not start for awhile was always there- we all knew it. The 'GFC' has been around since mid last year... well before many here applied for any of these airlines. So, it was a choice that was made which comes with inherent risk. The process is the same with any airline or job. There is always the risk that it might fall through. Sure EK played dirty if you'd already signed a contract, but anyone by doing a bit of research knows that's how things go in the Sandpit. If you don't like them rules then don't get on the court to play... simple as that.

Best thing you can do is get on with your life, do otther things, and don't hang by the phone. By all means ask for your money back, or for next medicals to be cost borne by EK, but know full well as you do that this may just cost you the job that you want. Is your stand worth that loss? Only you can decide. Good luck!

Skywards
24th May 2009, 06:35
^I was actually responding to a comment from Barrett which I thought was innapropriate. You can see from my previous posts that I am of the same opinion as you about EK/EY being able to do what they want. I had said I would start with Etihad and then move to Emirates later on (found out that can't be done anyway), and this behaviour offended Barrett. My response to that was, I will treat them as they have treated me. FYI I am not waiting by the phone, I have a job and am getting with my life, so they hold nothing over me. I just don't appreciate having my actions questioned by Barrett, when I have been treated badly by EK/EY-that was my only point. The comment was part of a whole conversation, it will make more sense if you read it.

I'm not talking about making a stand! I'm simply saying that it is worth asking the question about reimbursement. The people on this forum who have had their money reimbursed asked the question-and they got their money. As I said I won't demand it, but there is no harm in asking. As I have already said-I don't expect to get them paid for and I have already saved enough money to pay for them again.

Perhaps you could read my posts more carefully, this post is basically a repeat of everything I've already said! :ok:

KEFREN82
24th May 2009, 08:37
Just two words skywards:

As we are facing this global crises, no serious airline can give you a job right now. I have friend working for little airlines, not serious and fair ones, that offer them just 4 months and then good bye. Here in Italy it is impossible to work as flight attendands as we have temporary jobs and airlines are not obliged to call you back also if you were good in your job.

Do you think that Emirates and Etihad were not fair with you? I don't know Emirates, but I am waiting for Etihad and they were very clear and kind with me. When I send them a letter to ask if we were going to join them my recruiter answered me that nothing was defined yet but they though to start in October. At least I knew something.
A friend of mine that passed last year assessment day in Air France, was not officially told when she is going to start. They are 600 in the holding pool, but they don't know if they start this year or next or when, but probally it will be not befor then 12 months... I have friends that were waiting 12 months in British Airways. So, why you say that Etihad treat you bad?

It's just the global crisis, they can't give you a job if they don't need you.
if you passed the selection process, you will be called back when they need to make more contracts. Don't be upset or think they are unfair. Just think how the situation is and read some news on global aviation crisis, I am sure you will understand what happened.

Bye! and I hope to see you soon in Abu Dhabi!

Skywards
25th May 2009, 04:12
????? Is anybody reading the earlier posts properly??????

For the 3rd time I am saying I will treat Etihad/Emirates the same way they have treated me. No I do not dwell on it everyday, I was just responding to a post someone else wrote about how I should treat them. Please read all the earlier posts so that you see my comments in the context in which they were made! I'm not writing the same response on here which I have already written 3 times now! :ugh:

For clarification, yes the Emirates people who were withdrawn were treated badly. I think you will be hard pressed finding a person who it has happened to that doesn't think there is a better way of doing it. And again for clarification at our assesment day with Etihad we were not told they wouldn't need us for a year-yes I think that is an important detail worth mentioning.

The only reason any of this has come up was due to an unrelated issue that was being discussed. Please put this topic to rest-noone is interested in bringing the whole discussion up again about being withdrawn. Read the WHOLE conversation so that you understand the posts!!

Skywards
25th May 2009, 04:39
Sorry if I am coming accross as rude....I just have no interest in arguing about fairness. The posts are in relation to a discussion about working for 2 airlines within 1 year. Sorry if I have offended anyone, but everyone is taking my words out of context and completely missing my point.:)

jeaniepie
28th May 2009, 11:07
Hey don't fight..:=
Anyway, do you guys have an update when the recruitment will resume? I used to be a cabin crew with Emirates and left Jan 2008 due to a very impulsive decision..:ugh: coz of homesickness and all that..:( (which they call "new cabin crew syndrome")
I was barely 6months then.. and now I hate to admit that I sort of regret leaving EK. I really pray that EK will give me another chance to prove that I am worthy for the job and that they will continue to recruit once again so all of us will be able to pursue our dream job..:ok:
Anyone here knows someone from HR? pls update us with the good news. lets keep our hopes up!

Fly Emirates!:)

Aurora-Beti
28th May 2009, 11:47
If you left after 6 months (that means you broke the contract) did you have to pay back for the course, training ect? And if yes, could you tell me please, how much was that?

jeaniepie
28th May 2009, 16:35
They actually asked me to pay Dhs 8170. This is because I used the annual leave ticket (ticket was around dhs2000) and there was like a retention fee of dhs4000 since I was not able to complete 1 year. But when I emailed them again, the fee became dhs4170. maybe they didnt include the retention fee anymore...
I wish I could work for Emirates again. You'll never know what you got til its gone..:ugh:

But I'm still hopeful that everything will turn out good.:ok:

Goodluck to all of us EK cabin crew aspirants!

Aurora-Beti
31st May 2009, 21:47
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if the flight from Dubai to Manchester is a layover? I'd be gratefull for any info.

Cheers

Saab Dastard
31st May 2009, 22:19
PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS HOTELS WHERE FLIGHT CREW, CABIN CREW OR TRAINEES STAY.

Mods.

Aurora-Beti
31st May 2009, 22:42
Ups, sorry

Kalibvarela
2nd Jun 2009, 09:18
I recently applied with Emirates and a kind man gave me this website to look into about updates about jobs and other things. I understand that there is a lot going on right now in the world but does anyone happen to know if they will be looking into applications any time in the near future? Is there anyway I can e-mail/call anyone about wanting to look into a job or just wait and hope I get picked? Not sure how this all works. Thanks for any help.

K

Maja2U
12th Jun 2009, 15:43
Emirates profits fall 72%...

woooow, that's really not a good news.
it doesn't take a genius to figure out what that means... :8
if that's really true, no way they'll hire this year. it's a wast of time even thinking about it. NO FIRM IN THE WORLD would ever want to hire new workers if its profit falls 72%...:ouch:

filwa
15th Jun 2009, 08:26
seems EY and some other airlines are moving up a bit now !!
hope we will hear good news from EK very soon.
if anyone have latest news,pls come up and share with us!

cheers

soulatude
18th Jun 2009, 11:09
some of the people over at etihad are getting calls abt their course dates. you think the same will happen to us in the near future? if it does, itll be grrreeaat!!!
:ok:

jaye
21st Jun 2009, 18:47
Hey again, guys!
I contacted a really sweet and helpful girl who has been with Emirates since January and she told me that they have been told Emirates have recorded 72% loss in the year 2008 - 2009 against the previous year BUT its not as bad as it sounds because in the year 2007 - 2008 their profits were HUGE. So even though they are really down on the previous year, its not as big a deal as it sounds. They are still making a good profit, just not as ridiculously huge a profit as they made in 07-08.

She also said that cabin crew are hearing that they will begin recruiting in August/September, so I was wondering if the people who had their offer of employment withdrawn have heard anything? It might be worth contacting Emirates as I'm assuming as soon as they start hiring again you guys will be top of the list and given priority way ahead of those of us who havent even applied yet :ok:

Diego_Br
21st Jun 2009, 19:36
Jaye, it's so good to hear that!

I've been praying every day, for Emirates start hiring flight attendants again.
It's the company that i want to work, and i'm using that time to be more and more prepared for them!

Thanks for the news!

Milena
23rd Jun 2009, 01:07
Hi, i am really happy to read this but i was thinking, if they gave their fa's 1 to 6 months of unpaid leave since may , 2 months only have passed, and if they did that it's because they had too many fa's right? so , why would they start hiring new people on august or sep? maybe many fa's will leave the company? or ... i don't know, what do you think about this?

XOXO besos!! :O

Skywards
23rd Jun 2009, 05:01
I think you may be right Milena I think August/September seems like wishful thinking, but maybe by the end of the year? My thinking is that August/September is only a couple of months away and surely if they were having training then they would have started contacting people to get medicals etc done again. I am starting with Etihad in August and they contacted me a couple of weeks ago, so I assume the timing is similar with Emirates.

I like Jaye's postivity though!:ok:

I've decided to accept Etihad's offer and not wait to hear from Emirates. No doubt as soon as I get to Abu Dhabi, Emirates will contact us again for training. But I just can't risk it....

EKEKEK
23rd Jun 2009, 08:40
I have a question for Skywards.
Did you get accepted and withdrawn by Emirates before and
Are you asked by Etihad to work for them?
OR, did you originally get accepted and withdrawn by Etihad
And now working for them??

Skywards
23rd Jun 2009, 10:19
Sorry I should have made it more clear....I was given my DOJ in March with Emirates and it was withdrawn 2 weeks before it. Then I got offered a position with Etihad after an assesment day in March and I am starting with them in August.

Don't mean to make the thread all about me, just stressing about my decision!

EKEKEK
23rd Jun 2009, 12:33
Thanks for your reply!
wish you have fun with Etihad ★

jaye
23rd Jun 2009, 14:57
Im not sure, the girl just told me that they're hearing recruitment will begin again around aug/sep time. Whether that means Emirates will start holding open days then so that by the time they've screened everyone and done all interviews/references/checks/medicals they will be ready to fly people out to Dubai by early next year or whatever i'm not sure.

but then again, she didnt say they have been told for definite. She just said senior cabin crew had told them they were hearing rumours that Emirates were hoping to be starting around the end of summer. But still, its better than nothing.

I think you're right to accept with Etihad though instead of holding out and hoping for Emirates. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and all that :ok:

Milena
24th Jun 2009, 02:00
Hey guys , i found this news on the internet with date june-10-09 :ok: i tried to put the news here but my post never appeared :*, anyways they were news about emirates getting 22 airplanes this year, on spring, including six airbus 380 jets :D. So maybe that is why they are going to recruit people on september :}, altough i don't know when is spring on the middle east :rolleyes:. Here is on september! hahaha :O Well , hope this post works, and makes you happy guys!!

Milena

jaye
24th Jun 2009, 14:47
Im fairly sure spring in the middle east is the same as here so March/April/May. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. Time will tell. I mean they have to start recruiting SOME time so we just gotta be patient and get on with our lives until they are ready :ok:

Hope its this year though lol I'm not getting any younger!:\

jaye
25th Jun 2009, 13:23
Does anyone know what Emirates are looking for when it comes to dental medicals? I was prescribed steroids a few years ago and a side effect of it means my teeth were weakened. I have had a few root canal treatments, a crown, have a lot of fillings and a few teeth removed at the back. My teeth are fine to look at and dont need any current treatment but Im worried that since they have had so much treatment in the past Emirates would fail me if I got through to the medical stages?

Anyone shed any light? thanks xx

jeaniepie
26th Jun 2009, 05:19
Hi jaye! you don't have to worry about your teeth..so long as its in good condition and doesnt have some sort of a stain when you smile.. some ek crews have crooked teeth too. just keep it clean!:) its all that matters!:ok:

jaye
27th Jun 2009, 19:05
hey Jeanie thanks for your reply! :ok:

I was also wondering what the score is with Emirates and scars? I was born with a cleft lip and have a small scar that runs from my nose to my upper lip (think Joaquin Phoenix). It can be covered with makeup but I think it is still noticable as friends or close aquaintances do occasionally ask me how I got it. I dont think its offensive to look at though. If anyone wants to see pics for more idea of what im talking about please pm me.

And if anyone has any info on how Emirates stand with facial scarring I'd love to hear it. Thanks so much

Jaye
xx

northern-light
30th Jun 2009, 22:21
Hi Jaye!

I have a scar on my cheek. Its also noticeable to my friends, but it was never a problem with EK! I think they focus more on your personality and your ability to provide excellent customer service for their customers!
Go ahead and apply once recruitment opens again, and i wish you the best of luck!

jeaniepie
1st Jul 2009, 08:11
Hi jaye! well regarding your scar, i think for as long as it can be covered by make up that's fine. a lot of ek crews have zits and pimples and i guess its the same with having a scar on the face.
Emirates is after the presonality, the great smile and how well you accomodate the passengers!:ok:

I just read from another forum (of aspiring Flight attendants) that Emirates will start training again on Aug 20? Is that true? Well then, does that mean that they will resume their recruitment?
Can anybody confirm this to their EK friends? Lets keep our hopes up guys!!:ok:

jaye
1st Jul 2009, 14:37
ah thanks guys thats a big help :ok:
Also just wondering (sorry about all the questions!) do you think I should apply online now even though they have no OD/AD planned? Or wait til they announce one near me. Or not even bother since you dont need to apply for an OD?

Hope thats true about training, Jeannie! Would be great news for everyone who worked so hard to get through, psyched themselves up for starting their new lives, then had their offer withdrawn - I'd be heartbroken if that happened to me. So fingers crossed for you guys!!

Jaye xx

soulatude
4th Jul 2009, 14:40
i don't think that is true. if they were gonna start at Aug 20, they would have already sent out the emails for the hopefuls to go get their medicals done and such, so i think the information you got is not from a reliable source. i really hope it was though..... :bored:

Diego_Br
5th Jul 2009, 03:09
I've heard that recruitment will start again in october... then i've found at PlaneSpottingWorld the production list of the A380 and the planned delivery schedule for Emirates:

Serial Number // Planned Delivery date
MSN007 // 2009-11
MSN023 // 2009-11
MSN025 // 2009-12

so... till december they're going to receive 3 new A380's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think it's gooood news!

Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best!!

jaye
5th Jul 2009, 14:10
so if they're gonna be recruiting by the end of the year (which it really looks like they will be) what are they doing with the peeps who worked their tooshes off to get through at the end of 2008/start of 2009? I mean some of them were just 5 or 6 days away from their DOJ and had the offer withdrawn. Are emirates not doing anything with them? I assumed they would be first choice for any vacancies and wouldnt have to go through the whole AD/FI thing again? or are they just starting again from scratch?

Diego_Br
5th Jul 2009, 20:13
A friend who work as CC for emirates, told me that everyone is saying that the recruitment will start again in october... and i believe EK will re-contact those who are on hold before starting new OD's.
He also told me that Emirates staffed up in anticipation, like four months ahead of the need for cabin crews... and it also has to do with the accomodation, there are lots of crew members in temporary accomodations. Thats why all the open days have been postponed and also some staff upgrade courses.

filwa
8th Jul 2009, 03:50
it's great if EK will start recruit in Oct.Hope they do recontact us who got the withdraw offer asap.

Just wondering if that's the case,maybe they would need to let us know couple of months ahead(like now) as the medical will need to be re-done,No?
from Etihad's case,those who's DOJ in Oct has already been contacted !!

would be really appreciated if anyone get any calls or emails from EK,or contacted them recently could share some info here.

look forward to the good news.

jaye
8th Jul 2009, 13:35
I contacted Emirates today (FINALLY got through!!) and told them that I had been accepted, given final approval and then had the offer withdrawn (a little white lie ;) ) and was wondering if they would be contacting people in the same position as me when recruiting opened. She told me that she couldnt confirm when recruitment will commense but that they would not be contacting any previous applicants and that Open Days and Assessment Days will be held to find new cc.

So its back to square one for those of you who got withdrawal emails :ugh:

BUT, its not a total waste of time, energy and money. At least you now know you can do it and you have what it takes to get through. Because you already have. So you should be a lot more confident and know what to expect next time around :ok:

I get the feeling there are gonna be a LOT of people turning up for these new OD and AD whenever they happen!!

Juzz51
8th Jul 2009, 16:18
Hey Guys,

Just thought I would post some information for you so you can stop with the rumors. This is from the Recruitment manager herself, back on the 25th of June.

Once Cabin Crew recruitment re-commences we will review all of the candidates that were placed 'on hold' when recruitment activities were ceased earlier this year. There maybe some cases where candidates may need to attend another short interview and most likely necessary for some of the joining processes to be repeated i.e Medicals etc. All candidates that were requested by Emirates to resign from their current employment as part of their joining process, did join the company (prior to the freeze), however there were some candidates that made the decision to resign independently, against the advice of their joining coordinator.There is no firm date set for future recruitment as yet, however we will certainly communicate with candidates once we have updates.

I have no other information, so please don't ask.

jaye
8th Jul 2009, 18:52
huh. thats weird. thats almost the opposite of what they told me today :confused:

Maaya
9th Jul 2009, 03:08
Well, I heard a differenet story too.
Some EK CC i know were told by thier trainers that trainers recieved a new training schedule starting from the end of August and those who are on hold will be contacted to join Emirates anytime soon.
(some even gave me an exact date for new training course!)

I guess no one knows whats really happening and everything we hear are not credible enough to cling to.
but infomation Juzz51 shared with us is prob the most credible one.(I recieved a similar email from Admin team too)

what we can do is to be patient and wait.
Its been very hard on me and I assume theres a lot like me around the world longing to hear new info.

Well,I am still positive that we can all go to dubai together:-)
I am so lloking forward to train together with all of yous who are going through this rought time!

so lets keep hoping guys:ok:

sydflyboi
9th Jul 2009, 04:02
Juzz51 you say: "Just thought I would post some information for you so you can stop with the rumors. This is from the Recruitment manager herself, back on the 25th of June"

If EK was a little forthcoming about information then perhaps people wouldn't need to speculate or start rumors as you say. If this person can freely give this information then how about having the courtesy to communicate this information to everyone that EK have left sitting in limbo wondering what is happening with recruitment. Rather then continue to tell people they dont know anything when people do try to find out what is happening wouldn't it better to pass this information onto everyone or do we have to wait to upset you before you share this information as well to "stop the rumors". Jaye was told as follows - Quote: " She told me that she couldnt confirm when recruitment will commense but that they would not be contacting any previous applicants and that Open Days and Assessment Days will be held to find new cc" - End quote.

Ruzz51 can you please tell us who is right and who is wrong with information being supplied by EK about recruitment as this is 2 different sets of information being given out by EK. It seems that even EK cant communicate the same information internally to give consistent answers to those when the question is asked so I am sure you can understand how rumors may start.

Juzz51
9th Jul 2009, 12:56
I posted the information not because I was upset, but because I figured some of you could use some concrete information rather than speculation.

The information I have given is from a thing we call rumor buster on our cabin crew portal. Crew can send in questions they want answered, and the management will reply to it. That was the answer the recruitment manager gave in response to a question about the new joiners.

In terms of all the information you've been getting, that is probably the best and most reliable. However I will admit that with rumor buster, sometimes they'll give us one answer, then a week later do completely the opposite of what they tell us...

jaye
9th Jul 2009, 14:01
Gawd. No wonder people are getting pissed off waiting and going to Etihad.

It sounds like Emirates dont know for certain themselves what they are doing or when they are doing it and nothing official has been decided yet but they have a few ideas being thrown around. Hence the conflicting information we are all getting from them.

Time will tell I suppose. They gotta start recruiting at some point so suppose we just gotta keep waiting and think of it as a good thing: loads of time to prepare and build up any areas we're lacking in (im volunteering at a soup kitchen cos I havent done hospitality work for a couple of years, I met someone online who is grateful of the delay cos it has given her time to get her teeth fixed and I know of someone else who is using the time to take a sign language course - bit random but things like that are always an advantage to an airline)

So u never know, it might be a blessing in disguise for a lot of people.

sydflyboi
9th Jul 2009, 15:35
Well I can understand that you do want to give out the correct information and we do appreciate it, however what some people are posting is what they have been told by EK so they arent trying to start any rumors at all and as far as they know it only to be correct what they have been told. As you have just stated EK change it constantly so no wonder no one knows what is right and wrong, or even knows what to believe and this just comes down to lack of communication from recruitment or EK as a company. Even if they dont really have anything they could at least contact everyone as a group email (which really sounds perhaps a strange concept for them I know) and say for example: Hey we realise that people are waiting, however at this stage we are unable to advise when recruitment will start again. For those that had offers withdrawn we will or we wont be contacting you and you need to reapply etc etc. Its only making them look more unprofessional and unorganised as a company to continue giving out inconsistant information. Perhaps you can also help everyone out there waiting by posting on this site you have to tell them how upset people are. If they truly are the greatest company everyone makes them out to be then they should prove it and do something about it. COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY!!!!!

jaye
9th Jul 2009, 15:52
all i have to say to that post, sydflyboi, is :D:D:D:D:D

funny that for a company who looks for strong teamwork and communication skills at their Assessment days they really seem to have jack all themselves.

jesslee
9th Jul 2009, 16:19
i am new to this forum sharing the news abt emirates airline, what i desire to know is emirates will have any recruitment at end of year of 2009?hopefully it is not a rumour and have open day in malaysia soon..:)

jaye
9th Jul 2009, 18:22
hey jess we dont know when they will be recruiting again. they havent confirmed anything but when they do im sure they will go to Malaysia.

Aurora-Beti
9th Jul 2009, 18:29
Don't get me wrong guys, but at the end of the day they do take care of their CC, but existing one. Trust me, to such a company as Fly Emirates WE ALL are just numbers. If not us, there are milions of people who no matter what want to work for them. So if it's not you, it will be somone else.

I am not trying to defend them, but there is nothing unproffessional in what EK did and does. The whole recession is not their fault. All of those who was asked to resign from job was taken to EK and got a job. All of those who asked for medical refund - did get so.

Why do u think they would care about sending u e-mails and informing about something they're not sure of yet. Isn't it better to get an e-mail in which you read " If you are still interested, you will be asked to redo your medicals...etc" rather than " we're don't have any particular information and dates....".

Any way I believe, the worse is behind us. So if you still want to work for them, just get ready.

Good Luck to all of you!!

jaye
9th Jul 2009, 19:49
Why do u think they would care about sending u e-mails and informing about something they're not sure of yet. Isn't it better to get an e-mail in which you read " If you are still interested, you will be asked to redo your medicals...etc" rather than " we're don't have any particular information and dates....".

Yeah but is it better to receive an email saying "if you are still interested, you will be contacted and may be asked to redo your medicals when we are recruiting again" AND ALSO a phone call saying "if you are still interested, you will have to re-attend an assessment day and go through the whole recruitment process again".

Thats the point we are making. How is that professional?

And if you read back to posts that were made around January/February time there were quite a few people on this forum alone who were told to quit their jobs and then had their offer withdrawn. And didn't get their medicals refunded. One girl had her offer withdrawn 2 days before she was due to leave! The poor thing had quit her job, held a big leaving party, moved out of her flat, she even gave her dog to a rescue shelter then ended up with nothing.

Nobody is blaming the recession on them. Its completely understandable that they put recruitment on hold for the greater good of the company and as a result, they are the only airline who havent cut any jobs. Thats great and admirable. Its fine that they stopped recruiting. Its not fine that they cant give an honest answer to the people waiting to hear from them.

But I do get your point, none of us are bigger than Emirates and they wont care if we are unhappy or frustrated with how they're doing things. They're the boss. We're just the wannabes. They wont listen to us. And we dont expect them to.

We're still entitled to bitch about them though and vent frustration :p

Aurora-Beti
9th Jul 2009, 20:36
You're soo right love :)

The only thing is... do u think that if they knew already when, where and how... they would keep this kind of info to themselfs? I honestly don't.
What is happening now is simple... before they make any move regarding the recruitment process, they have to take each aspect under careful consideration. Ex. what to do with people whose offers were withdrawn.

This might be unprofessional from your point of view, but ... not from their.

I've been here since Feb. when after FI I got an e-mail saying that I was successful but because of economic situation they can't offer me a job but will contact me in 6-9 months.

I know my situation wasn't as bad as others, but I really feel for you guys.

Dubai is still waiting for you any way!!

jaye
10th Jul 2009, 00:14
nope if they knew for definite when they would be able to begin recruitment i'm sure they would say it but its poop that some of their staff are telling us one thing and some are telling us another. They should send a memo to all staff: we dont know what we're doing yet so shut your yaps and stop confusing people!

I havent even been to an AD lol so im just trying to use the extra time we've been given to my advantage so that when the day does come that they start recruiting i'll be as well prepared as I can be. Not gonna lie though, I really dont think I'll get in. In fact I'd die of shock if I even got past the first round! But a life of "oh imagine if i'd only gone to the damn open day ...." wouldnt be fun x

sydflyboi
10th Jul 2009, 00:58
Never say never about getting through you have just as much chance as anyone else does. All you need to do is just be yourself and go in their with confidence and you will be fine. I will cross my fingers for you when you get to one.

jaye
10th Jul 2009, 02:55
aww thank you. You are so sweet.
In honesty though, I know everyone says its not a modelling competition at Emirates, let's all be straight with each other and not patronise by talking about inner beauty being key - there are no ugly people working at Emirates. At least none that arent hidden away behind the scenes! I dont think I'm ugly but from the CC that I have seen simply by typing the word "Emirates" into the search engines on bebo and myspace and coming up with every profile that says "I work for Emirates...", I seriously dont make the grade compared to them. At all. They are 8s and upwards, I'm like a 4 on a really good day lol.

Its cool though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not really expecting it to ever be more than a daydream. We'll see. Whats meant to be will be etc etc xx

want_to_fly
10th Jul 2009, 10:33
hey guys! I had my final interview way back in Brisbane on 10th of January. Even though I made it to the final interview, I received a "thank you but no thanks" email 3 weeks later. I was a bit upset, but my heart goes out to my friend who received the "we will contact you 6 months time" email. She virtually had her foot in the door but seems stuck and could not get through!

But like some of you guys said, didn't make it through seems to be a blessing in disguise, I have given myself this year to improve my Chinese. I speak it fluently but can only read and write in basic level. Now I got a new job selling luxury watches after being in hospitality for 4 years (I think this will benefit myself as Emirates look for cc who can provide luxury services).

I even went to Etihad after failing with Emirates and failed to make it through to the next round, and was eliminated after doing the english test in the preliminary round. I have a lot to do this year to re-assess myself and make myself a better candidate for either of the airlines.

So dont let the rumour deter you guys, set your objective straight for this year and hope for the best when good news come! Pray hard, and work hard!

God bless

Want_to_fly

Montreal76
12th Jul 2009, 09:44
EK is mostly looking for personnality...anyone can sell a luxury item !

Good luck to you !

Aurora-Beti
13th Jul 2009, 00:20
Usually you do it before the FI. They send the papers to Dubai and there they check your test with the feedback about you from recruiters and then.. there it is .... either "golden call" or "thank you, but no thanks" - e-mail.

Skywards
13th Jul 2009, 06:14
^This is usually the way it is done, however at my assesment day there were some people that were asked to do an IQ and personality test the day they came in for the final interview. This was on top of the testing they did on the group open days. They didn't ask me to do it, and none of us were too sure how/why they selected people to do further testing.

deon85
13th Jul 2009, 10:09
Have not been on here in a while. But it's good to see the positive attitude of everyone still waiting to join! I was at a friends place the other night and there were some senior crew there too. They told me that EK will also be looking at the applications of those who were not succesful at the open days. Reason being they won't have an open day till next year because of the recession. Then again that's just CC talking amongst each other so I can't say if it's true or not. Best of luck to everyone for the next few months.. And hopefully see you on board :-)

irfhan09
13th Jul 2009, 22:21
Hello Everyone...

Plz could anyone tell me when is the next cabin crew recruitment in Mauritius...thank you and hope to hear from someone soon. take care..

jaye
14th Jul 2009, 02:14
no idea when the next OD is in Mauritius or anywhere else for that matter. They havent got any planned at the moment (or at least they havent announced any) Keep checking here and Emirates website regularly and the time will come :ok:

grantlu
15th Jul 2009, 13:47
In Chinese culture, we believed in fate.

As if it is going to be happened on you, it will.

8 of us from Taiwan have had received the “6 to 9 months notice” after our final-in on early January. We do not know the result is going to be positive or negative the end.

However, a small rumor here may create a world war.

People should have the responsibilities for the words after they published here (ie: non-official information from existing crew/ ex crew/ friend who work in Recruitment Department and etc).

If you are here to help others, positive thinking will be more helpful and appreciate.

For those who wish to join EK, believed in what you believed. Once the door open, go for it and never look back!

Good Luck!

GBB
15th Jul 2009, 17:39
grantlu,

This is rumor network so if you are looking for official information you should call Emirates.

jaye
16th Jul 2009, 00:46
Found this online. The views of Tim Clarke, Chief Executive of Emirates Airline in relation to how long it will take for Emirates to start pulling out of the recession and get back to how they were before. Dated June 2009:

“Debt will continue to be declared toxic and balance sheets will take quite a pasting in the next six months. But once it is all flushed out and confidence starts to come back, the rate at which that confidence is translated into demand for consumer goods and, in our case, air travel, will involve a time lag. That lag could be as long as nine months or a year.”

He's thinking 2011.

Orient Aviation (http://www.orientaviation.com/section.php?currenyIssue=I20090508140527-bLWq1&currentSection=coverstory&currentArticle=A20090527120540-64gmD)&

grantlu
16th Jul 2009, 05:32
Thank you gossip girl!

I will do it without your information.

lucy21
16th Jul 2009, 14:47
I've just read the article you've kindly provided the link to, it's very interesting and I'd suggest those disheartened by the comment that has been copied and pasted in to read the full article as it really does paint the full picture of Emirates financial situation.

I have to say the most promising factor of all is that there is still growth in the organisation, if they'd reached a plateau or they'd started shrinking it would be cause to worry but they haven't. Yes it may be early 2011 before they begin recruiting and looking towards real growth again but at least their current staff are safe, they're still getting 22 new planes this financial year with a further 129 on order for the future so their projections are promising and realistic.

The proof of their ability to withstand such a poor aviation climate is evident in the fact they've had no forced redundancies and they've not cancelled any new orders for aircraft so don't lose hope just yet :o) x

jaye
16th Jul 2009, 14:59
oops sorry if i made it sound like a negative thing. That wasnt my intention to bum everyone out. I posted the link because it was a positive article which makes it clear Emirates are weathering the storm and while other airlines are struggling or facing administration, Emirates is keeping its head above water and will be fine in the end. Its just going to take a lot longer than any of us had thought or hoped it would. But the things that are hardest to get, are the only things worth having :ok:

Mikejr
16th Jul 2009, 15:12
It's heartbreaking.
Beloved EK, Can you start recruiting again?
Emirates Airlines recruit may be on-campus soon. Just felt that!

lucy21
16th Jul 2009, 15:17
I wasn't criticising you for making it sound negative just thought about my reaction and decided to clarify before others started to panic - thanks for the info :-D! x

jaye
18th Jul 2009, 03:04
Etihad have begun their recruitment again. I wonder if we should take that to mean that flights are in demand again? Maybe Emirates wont be too long behind them :ok:

krewekeyac
4th Aug 2009, 02:42
Just wondering, if any one of us who are on hold, heared any lastest & the greatest from EK...............?? Let's hope we all get going soon and see or hear the MOST Wanted e-mail or Phone call soooooooooooon. :ok:

filwa
4th Aug 2009, 03:41
a friend who works there for 5 years said EK talked about no plans to train new staff soon,at least no sooner than Jan 2010 during the meeting.

my friend's own opion is Emirates offers unpaid leave until Nov'09,unless the unpaid leave for the following months being cancelled or.....it's not looking good for us in the holding pool,but there will be new planes and staff resigning.

fingers crossed,i still want it badly !

Maja2U
6th Aug 2009, 21:50
looks like Qatar Airways is the only one that still has regular open days... (8.08 Warsaw, 15.08 Tunis & Sri Lanka, 22.8 Madrid & Bucharest...)
at least someone that's not stricken by this global crisis... :hmm:

this is amazing... 6 months after 'THE e-mail', still nothing... :{

:(

KEFREN82
7th Aug 2009, 07:58
I don't know personally, but maybe the reason why they need people is this one:
Qatar Airways a Nazi camp? | Qatar Living (http://www.qatarliving.com/node/43405)

and not because they are expanding more than EK or EY

Maja2U
7th Aug 2009, 11:32
hmmm... i've read it... but i don't think that's true...
my friend from belgrade, serbia works for qatar and he's happy there.
every company has good and bad stuff, emirates included.

want_to_fly
7th Aug 2009, 21:50
I dont think that's true about Qatar either. The posted link that I have read had some few spelling and grammatical mistakes, so it probably not a legitimate source

GBB
8th Aug 2009, 06:20
How about you go and apply for Qatar if you think people have it so good over there?
Why you think Qatar is the only one recruiting now? Because nobody want to go there.
Loosing your job for taking off your hat to early or getting married without company approval are day to day stories. :ugh:
Most of the things people write about them are for real.

Skywards
8th Aug 2009, 07:48
Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering how the people that got the medicals refunded went about it? I have tried sending them endless emails over the past few months and they don't respond. Did you call up, or do I just keep hassling them?

Thanks!

EYner
8th Aug 2009, 12:22
Everything said about qatar is true ... it's not a place where to fly ... believe or not i am an ex qatar ... and strange things are happening in there ... if you want to join them think properly before you make a big mistake ... those people don t have human rights in their dictionary ! military camp is much more human than qatar ! no hatered in here but saying the truth and whatsoever heard about it and no matter how you thing it is silly, believe me it is true !

cheers !

Emma Gemma
8th Aug 2009, 12:47
Main reason for QR to be recruiting is because they CANNOT keep their crew. In average 60 crew are leaving each month. Of course you will find crew who are are happy there and deny that's nothing of the rubbish is happening but they are definitely in minority.

Think carefully before going to QR!

Maja2U
9th Aug 2009, 21:15
filwa,

my friend today told me the same. she works there for years...
it's not official, but there are rumors that there are no plans for new CC in 2009.
i've told her i've read here that some people are talking about september, october 2009 and she told me that that's a lie because they are still encouraged to take unpaid leaves and that shows a lot...

jaye
10th Aug 2009, 00:30
Theres nothing we can really do but wait it out. Everyone is hearing different things. Even the current staff. Like you say, a staff member told you it would be January at the earliest. A staff member told me it would be September-ish. It really sounds like even Emirates themselves have no idea when it will be and they are just playing it by ear.

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, all we can do is use the time to our advantage and work on building up our cvs and experience, everything happens for a reason. Its just not our time yet.

It might even be a good thing longterm. I really think that if I had heard about an open day 2 or 3 days beforehand and gone alone, theres no way in hell I would've gotten through. But because i've been given almost a year to prepare and look into what they want and have been given the time to research the airline and find out if they are what I want, as well as vice versa, I would go into it a lot more confident. So I'm actually quite grateful for the recession :)

want_to_fly
10th Aug 2009, 02:41
I agree with Jaye. I was the unlucky ones that made it to the last interview but didn't quite make it landing in Dubai!! Now's the time for me to prepare my language skills and improve my mandarin and gaining experiences elsewhere to make myself the right candidate to Emirates or any other airline.

Just keep praying that the airline industry will pick up soon so then our chances will too :ok:

jaye
10th Aug 2009, 03:46
This is a completely random question and I have no idea why I'm wondering about this - just something that popped into my head and now I cant get it out... Does anyone know if EK CC share hotel rooms while they are on lay-overs?

Again, if you don't know off the top of your head, don't go to the trouble of finding out for me or anything. Theres no logical reason for me asking this lol. I'm just weird :bored: (and nosey! :) )

filwa
10th Aug 2009, 03:50
Maja2U

i am not sure if they still encourage crew to take unpaid leaves,but i've been told by some crew that they have been pretty busy as too many crew are on unpaid leaves and they are a bit short-handed now,that's why my friend was telling me it would be a good sign if they following unpaid leave being cancelled !

sometimes i just can't help but thinking of ring up and ask what's happening in person instead !

for now i don't care how long i'll have to wait,as long as i will be there one day !

jeaniepie
10th Aug 2009, 09:18
hi jaye! emirates CC do not share rooms on layovers. they are all given their own rooms..Not unless a cabin crew would want to sleep with another cabin crew (or pilot..):eek: hahaha!
where is the good news? hope it will come soon.
My friend from Emirates said that they are all busy with theiir flights.they only get minimum days off unlike before where in sometimes you get more days-off than flights in a month. i hope that this will be a go-signal for emirates to rehire soon. lets just cross our fingers!:)

opuneczka
10th Aug 2009, 21:24
Hi everyone,
I'm new here, but I've been following your discussion for some time. I have a question: does anyone know if there's an age limit for admission? It's just that I'm waiting for THE email and I'm dangerously approaching the age of 27 and I'm just wondering if it's not to late to start my career as CC?

anad79
10th Aug 2009, 22:20
MAJA 2U,
I read some of your posts here, please tell me if you know anything about the next OD Qatar Airways in Belgrade,thanks

jeaniepie
11th Aug 2009, 08:33
hi there! Emirates accepts cabin crew until the age of 35..:) its not loo late yet..:)

Montreal76
11th Aug 2009, 19:05
I got hired at 33 with Banking experience lol and plenty others here hired at 34 and 35 when I started...

We are indeed pretty busy, but then again it is summer and people travel more during this time then any other, hopefully we ll be as busy when crew come back from unpaid leave.

opuneczka
11th Aug 2009, 19:24
Thanx a lot :) I'm so glad I still have some time :p Judging by the state of things it may take a while before I start flying :(
But let's stay positive!

yaletown
11th Aug 2009, 19:30
I know someone who interviewed at the age of 40; I had heard that they are concerned with what you look like, if you age well. Not sure how true that is.

Beatac
12th Aug 2009, 10:16
Hi All! I've been on a certian web site which states that there are different OD'S being held in different countries and one planned in Bangkok for Dec 09...i've tried posting this question before and mentioned the name of the web site but my post was rejected so I won't mention in this time around! I am wondering if anyone knows if this is true?? After reading a few of your posts it would seem that most of you are of the opinion that all is on hold for a while but if what this site is saying is true I was thinking of making the trip to Bangkok...obviously a bit of a hike from Sydney so was hoping to have more concrete info. Anyone??:)

jaye
12th Aug 2009, 16:59
hiya beatac, it depends which airline you're thinking of. Emirates havent had an open day for a while and don't have anything announced yet (but there are rumours aplenty!) but there's really no way of knowing when the day will be that they post something on their site telling us all they are holding one in two or three days time so keep checking.

If you wanna pm me the name of the airline you heard are recruiting in bhangkok I'll try to help?

xxx

Beatac
12th Aug 2009, 23:29
Hi Jay... the web site specifies OD's for Emirates and AD's for Etihad! I'm not sure what to make of it:ooh:...
I have tried posting the name of it here but my posts don't appear to be allowed through! You can message me privately (as a few people have) and check it out...any thoughts from others would be great...

Montreal76
15th Aug 2009, 12:41
If it's not on the Emirates employment website, dont get your hopes up !

Beatac
15th Aug 2009, 23:17
Hi Guys! I have recieved feedback from some of you with regard to that web site I mentioned, most are of the opinion that the info is out of date and lists some events for months that were cancelled this year by Emirates...unfortunately I don't think we should get our hopes up!:{ And I guess if anything was planned it would be or will be isted on the airlines own career web site, this is our best bet! However I am happy to provide name of site to anyone that still wants to check it out...:)

Sodwee
15th Aug 2009, 23:23
BEATAC : I wouldn't even consider trying bangkok open day if it was to be true it was held. Candidates there storm the premises in thousands and it can take quite a long time to get through. Also I think there's a pre-screening done by a third-party agency, not sure though. I would wait until EK comes to AUS if I were you.

Farwin007
17th Aug 2009, 19:44
Hello everybody, I was wondering if anybody knows anything about when Emirates will be holding their next recruitment days in the toronto area. I am 29 years old and have mainly worked in the customer service field. What kind of experience does emirates expects from the candidates?. Would much appreciate if anyone can provide an answer. Thank You.

Mari
18th Aug 2009, 12:10
Recruitment is expected to start in second half of next year.

Check the homepage regularly.

Mikejr
18th Aug 2009, 16:17
Emirates recruitment will starts recruiting before we know it. Stay tuned.

jaye
19th Aug 2009, 10:21
We don't know when they'll be in Toronto or anywhere else unfortunately. The way things are looking, Etihad will probably pick up recruitment before Emirates do so if you're getting p'd off waiting, you could look into them. They've already had their first open day since the freeze in Dublin last week so will probably be holding more soon (ish). Very similar to Emirates, just Abu Dhabi instead of Dubai.

Aeromar27
19th Aug 2009, 11:15
So i have a question about the current situation as an Ex EK. It has been more than 2 years since i left the company. I tried to rejoin when i was still in time to rejoin "no questions asked", you know. But after 2 years things change. You loose your staff number and start all over again from economy class. Now, at the time i tried to rejoin, the doors were closed already.

Does anyone know if, the fact that it has been more than 2 years ONLY because of the crisis, and that i tried to rejoin when i was still on time, will make them treat me as a re-joiner instead of a new applicant all over again?

With these huge companies, luck plays a big role during the first stages of selection. I wouldn't like luck to be part of going back to the company that was part of my life.

Mari
19th Aug 2009, 14:48
You'll be treated as a new-joiner.

You might try to talk to HR about it and/or talk to your new Manager later on. But as there are a lot of loyal and motivated people with zero sick day who are waiting for upgrade for a long-long time, it wouldn't be fair to give you "special" treatment. You see, upgrades have been frozen since March for 12-18 months at least.

As you know, in the past, you had to go through all cabins (work there a couple weeks) and all service trainings to get your old, let's say First Class role. I don't think they would organize a training, just for you.

If they really need people, your will get your upgrade surprisingly quickly. If they don't, you won't.

Good luck!

Mari
19th Aug 2009, 15:22
Sorry, maybe I misunderstood something. (Enlgish is not my first language.) The question was whether you have to go through the whole selection process OR just call HR to get hired?

As recruitment camapigns are expensive, I'm sure they would give a chance for those in the "holding pool" first and people like you, who would like to re-join. In my opinion ODs will be held in Dubai and in the Middle-East, first. (Short of Arabic speakers.) Easy and quick. And London was always popular, there is a good recruitment agency which usually makes the pre-selection.

You see, since the recession started:
- number of crew on aircrafts were reduced by 1 or 2
- much less people resign
- much less people call sick (if there is promotion, they DO look at your file now)
- all trainers back on-line
- lots of crew are on unpaid leave for 1-2-3 months, after they get back, they can fly average 90-130 hours per month (instead of 70-85), as the yearly limit is 900

Etihad had an OD in Dublin recently but they were looking for Direct Entry Cabin Managers (Purser) first of all. My friend was hired from Prague in March this year and she will start her training in January or February 2010. (She was told December first but she was deleyed.) Etihad always need F and B Managers, though!

I'm sure things get better in 1-2 years and both companies will start hiring big time.

Aeromar27
19th Aug 2009, 22:47
Yes yes, you got me wrong. I wasn't asking about being put back in business class. I'm totally ok with working in economy, which i loved (that's where all the fun is).

My question was whether if i would have to go to an open day and compete with people who hasn't worked for emirates in the past.

We agree on that, after 2 years out of the company, the rule says you can't rejoin, all you can do, is reapply, and good luck. Now, this situation is different, because i DID try to reapply "on time", but since they told me to wait, i exceeded that 2 year limit.

Im not expecting anything like "phonecall--> you're in". I know that i will have to do all the pre-induction medical exams and all. Im ok with it. I just dont want to have to compete with 200 applicants in an open day where during the first stages of assessment, luck plays a big role. I neeeeeed to get myself back to the sandpit. For some reason i am one of those who cant seem to reach happiness after the EK experience.... oh well.:{

jaye
20th Aug 2009, 04:40
I read a blog by someone in the exact same position as you once, i'll try to find the link, but basically the long and short of it is that yes, you do have to go through the whole recruitment process again from scratch. It doesnt sound fair because its not your fault you were outside the 2 year limit but thats how the middle east works. Its similar to the people who paid close on £1,000 for medicals just to have their offer of employment withdrawn. That wasnt their fault either but they didnt get refunds. There's a saying about the only right you have in the middle east is the opposite of left and it seems to be very true!