PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

simone511
22nd Sep 2008, 07:13
nightwish, thankyou for the response, but the problem is that I'm scared they'll think im underweight!

Yumi
22nd Sep 2008, 09:43
Luckily, I received an invitation after waiting 6 weeks. I am so happy but also nervous. I am going to have a London Assessment Day interview with Emirates on October 7th. Is anyone also attending there at the same day?

nightwish
22nd Sep 2008, 12:18
I don't think that Recruiters are going to ask you about BMI, it is not so important issue.I have attended two interviews and never heard someone asked for BMI. Don't worry, go and show your best.

chomelodie
25th Sep 2008, 10:59
I noticed that EK has CV drop off at their HQ every Sunday afternoon. I have already submitted my online application, am planning to go for a CV drop off next Sunday, do i have to print out the online application to submit as well? or I just submit my own CV?? Are they gonna ask Qs? or we just hand in the application and leave????

Anyone been to this CV drop off b4 pls advise.

many thx~

seasick
25th Sep 2008, 21:26
When it's an open day, how many days will the recruitment process be in total? Two or three days? Is the panel interview usually the day after the open day?

ginger86
26th Sep 2008, 12:18
hi Kanela could you please expound on the part where you said something went wrong with your references and the personality tests?

what is it in particular with regards to references? they actually contact them?

KANELA
26th Sep 2008, 14:02
not really, the point is that if you think your previous employer don´t like to make references for anyone or you worked just a few months for a company, don´t tell them, i mean, LIE! just give the telephone number, email, address, name of your former manager, and that is!!!!
i think they don´t call them.
regarding personality tests......... if they ask you: you get upset for silly things? answer: no!! things like that, don´t be naive like me!!
:)

chanty08
26th Sep 2008, 14:06
i just had my final interview on the 17th September in Accra and just 7 days two girls have received their golden calls already. I'm so nervous right now. can someone tell the number they recruit in a country because there were 19 of us who made it to the final interview. :confused:

killian1984
26th Sep 2008, 22:00
Hey Chanty, congtats on getting to the final interview. I had my final interview mid-august and got the call 16 days later that I had been accepted, but some of the people at my interview still haven't heard back.

So don't worry about them not calling you yet. Some of the recruitment team back in dubai are faster than others. Also, they don't have a certain number of people that they take from the final interview.... if someone is good enough they will take them.

I start on october 10th, only 2 weeks away! I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you in Dubai soon

:) Killian

Yumi
27th Sep 2008, 13:48
I am having London Assessment Day on October 7th.
Can anybody tell me the discussion topics you had and I would be really grateful if you give me some tips about the interview.
Thank you.

seasick
27th Sep 2008, 20:07
So, what is an open day like? Please!

Zehra_London
28th Sep 2008, 14:04
Hi guys

I had an invitation for tomorrow. While I was reading these forums, I realised that some people mention about taking photographs and CV as well. But on the invite they are not requesting that. So I am confused? I done the application online and o the already have my photos etc? What do I do? very nervous..any advice please...

Yumi
28th Sep 2008, 19:10
When it comes to London assessment day, you don't need to bring a cv and photographs with you. Don't worry~ Good luck with your interview and please tell me about the interview after you finish them.

nightwish
28th Sep 2008, 20:10
Yes, you have to bring your CV and photographs that is a must no matter if it's London or any other city, also no matter if you have applied online.

P.S Take a look at previous posts on this forum.

simone511
29th Sep 2008, 00:46
the email i got for Melbourne says to take a CV, but I was also getting confused about if I need pics, school certificates etc that I've read about!
I guess the majority of people there will be just taking their CV as that's all the email says

chanty08
29th Sep 2008, 08:34
hi killian, congrats on being successful.:D i'm still keeping my fingers crossed. i guess i have to wait till they call. its being 12 days since my final interview.
well i hope to hear some good news soon so i can join you in dubai. take care!!!

mccoy07
1st Oct 2008, 03:20
My DOJ is 17 October. I think I am alone...:(

queency
1st Oct 2008, 05:35
Im looking forward to your updated information.
I also hope to be the F.A. of Emirates if I am lucky.

What you said about clothes is the issue that confuses me a lot.
Coz the interview time in my country is in winter, i don't know what i really should wear.

Hope you can give me more advices.

Im very apprietiate about that.:(

queency
1st Oct 2008, 05:44
What i said , thanks, is to skydoll.6 (http://www.pprune.org/members/191101-skydoll-6) ~~~~:)
Thank you.

Vix85
1st Oct 2008, 14:51
Hi All, this is my first post on the forum but i've been following it for a wee while now. Just wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me I applied online for Emirates 3 weeks ago, I know it can take ages to hear back from them if im lucky to get invited to assessment day so I was looking on their website and they've got 2 Open days in November in Glasgow & Galway, doesn't say venue details though. Im from Northern Ireland so it doesn't really bother me which day I try and go for. Question is, do you think I should hold off a bit longer in the hope that I get an invite from them for an Ass. day or should I go ahead and book flights etc for the open day in November? Its on 16th November Glasgow, does anyone know if they usually hold their day's near airports or in city centre's? If anyone can shed a bit of light on this id really appreciate it!! Thanks.

simone511
2nd Oct 2008, 02:44
Queency - In the email invitation I got, they specify the dress code, and specifically say for women to wear a "knee lenght skirt/dress with skin coloured stockings".
That is for Melbourne, and it never gets too cold here, so it may differ there, but I'd be guessing that they'd still ask you to wear the same thing so that they can get an idea of what you'd look like in the uniform.

Vix - I got an invite to the assessment day a month before it was on, but from what I've read, many people just turn up & that isn't a problem (just make sure you take a CV and photo).
Where I live, the assessment day is in the CBD, but I think it differs a little bit city to city

oceanspray
2nd Oct 2008, 10:11
I made a long post like a couple of weeks ago, but I have no idea why it was never posted. Don't think any of the content was inappropriate. Anyway, here I go again.

I'm 31 y.o., so am not exactly young. I know that Emirates has no age limite, which I think is really great (not just for me), but because it shows they're more concerned with professionalism.

One of my biggest concerns if the fact that I'm short. I think I'm only around 157cm. On the Emirates website, it says you have to have an arm reach of 212cm. On other websites, I've read you need to be over 157.5cm. I tried the arm reach and don't think I can make it. And I've read some occasions where a girl was dropped at the last interview when she couldn't reach the limit. So do you think there is no chance whatsoever if I can't reach the limit? I know it's for security reasons, but.. is there any possibility they might look at my other skills?

I'm Korean and I've heard that Koreans are like the third largest recruited group after UK and Australia nationals. One question is... there seems to be an agent called ANC in Korea that works with Emirates. Maybe it's because they hire so many Koreans, but ANC seems to be in charge of the preliminary assessment. Problem is it's also like an agency that offers 'how to be a flight attendant' course (like USD1500 for a 5-week course). Am totally not interested ('cuz I don't believe you should pay that much..). But do you think I would be at a disadvantage? Would they clearly choose one of their students if the stats are similar?

Lastly, I know that it says they require you to have a proportionate figure..(and I understand why). I am currently overweight and have to really work out.. how important do you think weight is in the screening process?

Found out there's an assessment day in Korea on Nov. 22. and am interested, but.. so much to do.

simone511
2nd Oct 2008, 11:11
Oceanspray - I'm not employed by Emirates, but one of my friends recently went to an interview, and she was about 2cm off the reach test, and she got knocked back because of that.
In no way do I mean to dishearten you, but the way I see it, they have soooo many people to choose from that they have no need to compromise on the requirements. I would imagine that they wouldn't employ someone who couldn't reach the equiptment/overhead lockers on all aircraft, especially if it's for safety reasons, as I imagine that wouldn't be legal.

With their weight needing to proportionate, I'm currently trying to put on weight, because I'm worried they'll see me as underweight, and knock me back, again, simply because so many great people apply.

(I hate writing things which might dishearten anyone, and this is just my opinion, so if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me!)

Vix85
2nd Oct 2008, 12:16
Simone:- Thanks for your reply, think i'll decide what date to go on and just go for it! When is your assessment day? Have you been to any other cabin crew assessment days before?

simone511
2nd Oct 2008, 12:37
Mine is October 11. Next weekend

I've been to one, for V Australia, and got through. They're a new airline and their start date has been delayed until next year, and I havent been given a certain GS date yet.
I'm so happy to have got through on my very first try, and I know it sounds silly, but my heart just isnt in it. I really want to work for Emirates, so I'm going to go next week and see how that goes

Vix85
2nd Oct 2008, 13:19
Well done you! That's super. I know what you mean about wanting to work for Emirates though, i've got an assessment day next weekend for Gulf Air, so im going to go along and see how it goes. Do you feel ready for the Emirates A/Day next weekend? I guess having done an assessment day already it has given you an idea of what to expect with Emirates on the day.

lucy21
2nd Oct 2008, 21:26
Hiya

I'm going to the Emirates Assessment Day in London on the 7th October!! I'm SO nervous!! I'm really confused about the photo thing as it doesn't say anywhere on my email that I need to take a pic and I already submitted some with my online application before they invited me to London - if you're going are you taking any pics??

Cheers - see ya on Tuesday if you're going :ok:

simone511
3rd Oct 2008, 00:14
My email did say to take a photo, but it didn't specify whether it should be passport/full length/formal etc, so I'm not too sure what to take
Good luck for your assessment day!!

Amanis
3rd Oct 2008, 20:18
Hi all!!
I will attend to the Openday in Hamburg on the 18th October?!
Is there any one from Germany who will go there too??

oceanspray
4th Oct 2008, 07:16
Hello Simone,

Thank you for the reply. No, I'd rather have a 'realistic' opinion, than one that's simply supportive. I do agree with you. I'm sure they have tons of people to choose from and since it's a securities issues, I guess they'd choose someone else who can do the arm reach. Hmm.

Well, it's just frustrating (very) to have to give up just because I'm a few cms short (although I'm old enough to know that life is not fair). I love to travel, have lived abroad, speak fluent English, ... sigh~

Drillin4Oil
4th Oct 2008, 16:38
Does anyone know the place and time of the Assessment Day in New York City on November 2nd? Thanks!

Amanis
5th Oct 2008, 15:36
Cabin Crew Global Assessment Days & Open Days (http://dxbmiww99.emirates.com/hrrecruit/CC_OpenDay/CC_OpenDayList.asp?#0)

look there! it's not mentioned!

fly_girl910
5th Oct 2008, 19:02
hey guys... i have a question.. i hope someone would be kind enough to answer... does emirates airline ask for documents from previous companies you've worked for?... if they do, in which part of the application process do they ask for it? do they ask it outright on the assessment day?... and do they call your employer? I hope somebody out there would be kind enough to answer my questions. pls pls pls... thanks in advance God bless!

joshuk
6th Oct 2008, 00:18
Hello, on my final interview with EK they asked me if I had any tattoo. By that time I did not have any. I remember she marked a no on my application regarding the tattoo question.

A few weeks ago I got one beautiful tattoo on my back. For my surprise a few days ago ago they called me saying I got hired. My DOJ is 28-Nov.

My question: Is this going to affect me when I do my medicals in Dubai eventhough the uniform is going to cover the whole tattoo?

Thank you!

simone511
6th Oct 2008, 01:24
As long as it isn't visable in your uniform, you won't have a problem!

chanty08
6th Oct 2008, 13:18
Hi all, i would really like to know how long it takes to receive the golden call. i had my final interview almost three weeks ago and 3 out of the 7 girls were called. one girl got her call 7 days after the fi and the other 2 a week later. I'm so so worried.:confused:

chanty08
6th Oct 2008, 13:27
Hi all, i would really like to know how long it takes to receive the golden call. i had my final interview almost three weeks ago and 3 out of the 7 girls were called. one girl got her call 7 days after the fi and the other 2 a week later. I'm so so worried.:confused:

simone511
7th Oct 2008, 01:48
Chanty - from what I've read, Emirates can leave people waiting for quite a while!

Just wondering, I have my recruitment day this Saturday, can anyone tell me whether I actually need to take copies of my passport, high school certificate, two types of photos, etc?
The email doesn't say that you need to, but people keep mentioning it on here.

I'd like to hear from someone who'd been to a recruitment day in Aus if poss

Thanks! :ok:

dy1ng_to_fly
7th Oct 2008, 04:33
Hi all,
Just a question, and I'm sorry if it's already been asked and answered (I tried to use the 'search' option, but I couldn't find what I was after).

Just wondering what the current starting salary is for EK CC?

The Emirates website says that the base salary is AED 3915 and the flying pay is about AED 4753.

Other area of the EK website (eg. History) havent been updated since 2003, so just wondering if the same applies for wages?

Also, are you paid monthly or fortnightly?

nimrata
8th Oct 2008, 06:20
hi im going to the emirates melbourne assessment day too! my second time, i really want it this time!
wish u all the best! cheers!

Yumi
9th Oct 2008, 00:27
I had an interview with Emirates yesterday in London and it was not successful. I couldn't pass the 2nd discussion stage and now I need to wait for 6 months. Some of my friends tried in other country after they failed and they ignored the penalty period but luckily they got accepted. I am willing to fly to other country in Europe and I want to have a second chance. I know it is a bit risky for sure. Do you think it is worth it or should I just wait for 6 months?

dy1ng_to_fly
9th Oct 2008, 04:29
Don't they have some kind of database to regulate when people can apply again, or is it all done on trust??

flyoneday
9th Oct 2008, 08:22
hey yumi
if you get invited to another or you get a chance to go to an open day,just go and just dont point out you've attended within 6months........many have gone without waiting n succeded,try ur luck....
~
flyoneday :ok:

Yumi
9th Oct 2008, 10:12
Thank you for your response.
It is a bit risky and it scares me so I should think more about it.

KANELA
9th Oct 2008, 15:34
the only thing i can tell you is: TRY AGAIN!!!!!!, don´t think about the penalty period, forget it, if they ask u about ur last interview with ek say 6 months.....1 year, u know...... they can´t control over thousands appplications every month, even if you reach final interview and then u r not selected, try again next week in another country or even in london as they go to london very often..........u never know!!!!

:ok:

seasick
9th Oct 2008, 17:59
Can you apply to a Global Asessment Day in a country which you are not residing in?

nightwish
9th Oct 2008, 18:15
Yes, you can.

dy1ng_to_fly
9th Oct 2008, 23:42
goodluck to anyone who's going to the Melbourne open day tomorrow!!

flyingmom78
10th Oct 2008, 05:07
Hi all,
I'm 30, a mother of 3 years old baby boy. I'm just wondering, does Emirates accept an applicant who already 30 and already married?..Just want to know...I worked for several airlines before, but at the ticketing office..If someone knows it, it would be much help me though...tku so much indeed...:ok:

Anoushka
10th Oct 2008, 09:05
Hi flyingmum, I think they do, and the max age is around 36..(unofficial) I'm 33, separated, mother of a four year old, have been to two interview in the past year, and still havent given up yet. Give it a try and good luck. Great to know there's another mummy out there!

Yumi
10th Oct 2008, 09:20
I really appreciate it. Thank you!
I am gonna go to an open day this month and try again.
Hope that they don't recognize my penalty.

flyingmom78
10th Oct 2008, 09:28
tks for your reply anoushka...will try again later..actually I went to EK open day in JKT last month..but I didn't make it, I failed in the 2nd stage...:{

flyingmom78
10th Oct 2008, 09:31
Is there any math test in EK assesment? If there is, can we use the calculator??

agungOMA
11th Oct 2008, 03:40
Hi flying mom..

Based on information that i have from several friends who work at EK, yes there is math test but i'm not sure whether the using of calculator is allowed..

Anyway..i just want to make sure to anyone in the forum...Is 32 YO (my age..) is too old to apply for cabin crew??? And i also don't have any airline experience, my experiences are in hotel and medical assistance.

Thanks guys...

dy1ng_to_fly
11th Oct 2008, 04:30
Well, today I went to the Melbourne open day, and it wasn't what I expected at all! (maybe I didn't read all of these forums as well as I'd thought!). The Melbourne day is run by Emirates HR staff, not an agency.

It started at 9am, but most people were there by at least 8.45. Pretty much everyone was in a suit (girls with a skirt), there was only a few people who were dressed inappropriatly - maybe 5 people in jeans, a few girls with super short dresses or singlet style dressed.

Everyone filled in a form about if they'd been to an open/assessment day or an interview before, and also a feedback form about how they heard about the position.

We filled those out, then went into a big conference room where the 150 or so of us all sat and were told about Dubai, the culture, accommodation, pros and cons of CC job, wages etc.
We watched a video about Dubai and Emirates, then we got a chance to ask questions of the two recruiters.

The info part of day day went intil about 12, then everyone was asked to get out their CV (without reference letters or cover letters) and photo, and everyone went up one by one to the recruiters and spoke to them for about a minute as they handed in their CV.
They told us that after everyone had handed in their CV (I'm guessing that would have been at about 1.30pm), that they'd read through them all, and call us by 5pm tonight if we need to come in tomorrow for the assessment day. If we arent called, apparently all of our CV's go to DXB and are looked through there.

When I handed mine in, the lady just asked me if I was working at the moment and where, and I mentioned that I'd just got back from travel, so she asked me where I'd been and what was my fave place.

You didn't get much of a chance to sell yourself at all I must say!

dy1ng_to_fly
11th Oct 2008, 04:33
agungOMA, probably 60% of people at the open day today were 21-26, 30% 26-30 and 10% 30+
No idea how many over 30 are accepted though

agungOMA
11th Oct 2008, 04:41
Hi dy1ng to fly, thanks for the info, i'm pretty sure not so many applicants are above 30 but we do have chances rite huehehehe..

Anyway, hopefuly u will get a phone call from EK for tomorrow asessment..All the best :D

deon85
11th Oct 2008, 05:28
anyone going to the sydney one on the 25'th??
can't believe its out at Parramatta!!!

dy1ng_to_fly
11th Oct 2008, 06:25
Deon, I didn't get a call in Melb, so I'm considering coming up to either Syd or Bris. Is the Sydney one far from the airport? The Bris one is in the Intl airport, but I don't know if I can wait til November!!

flyingmom78
11th Oct 2008, 08:43
hi all..just google about the EK cc, and I found out one of EK cc's blog. The blog name is AIRBOY ; www.sodwee.com (http://www.sodwee.com). The blog is very informative and based on his experiences..
For Agungoma, why don't u just try? Because, from his blog I knew that, the max age is 36 and it's no problem at all if u don't have any related experiences. I think it's the matter of luck..if the EK RO has a chemistry on u, then voila, the job will be yours....we never know, what they're looking for...

Mistyfin
11th Oct 2008, 13:15
I went to the melbourne open day today too and guess I wasn't lucky this time around. :( Although it was presented very well and it was nice to see so many other girls with the same dream, I must say I was a little surprised. I thought that on the first day they would get all of the necessary requirements, such as height, suitability etc out of the way. I was also really looking forward to having some form of a proper chat with the recruiter girls where I could bring accross why I want to work for Emirates, what are my qualities and so forth. I know they get thousands of girls applying but I don't think we were really given the opportunity to present ourselves / show our personality (which may not always come accross on a short cv). Does anyone know how many people they picked / usually pick to go through to the second stage?? Guess I'll try again next time, more prepared. :) Who's going to the next one? Good luck to all the girls out there who made it!

deon85
11th Oct 2008, 16:56
hey dy1ng_to_fly

I applied online and within two days I got an email from them telling me to attend the open day and what documents to bring.. Pretty quick on the response...
The open day will be held on Sat. the 25'th at the Rydges Hotel in Parramatta...Which is out west....

Parramatta Accommodation | Parramatta Hotels | Rydges Parramatta Australia Hotel (http://www.Rydges.com/Parramatta)

You could catch a train to Parramatta which i think takes about 40mins then a taxi from the station to the hotel.. I was advised it shouldnt be more than a $10

Going with two other mates, where neither had yet to receive the email about the open day..

dy1ng_to_fly
11th Oct 2008, 23:07
mistyfin - it was also my first open day, and I was very suprised by how little chance you had to stand out!
I can't help but feel like it's a bit unachievable now. But I'll probably go to the next one, just update my cv a bit more, and hope for the best!

Did anyone on here get through? I'd love to know how many people they selected

baybeachgirl
12th Oct 2008, 08:44
Hey Deon,

Im going to the assesment day in parra on the 25th as well. Me and a friend are staying at rydges, as its about 3 hours drive from where we live.. Might see you there, haha, not that I know who you are.. Although im a bit hesitant cause i have braces on at the moment, they are porcelian, so you can barely see them. But i have heard they wont even give you a second look if you have braces... Can any one clear this one up for me?

mahito
13th Oct 2008, 04:26
Anyone joining on the 14th of November?! or around my DOJ?????

would be nice to get to know someone joining around my DOJ or in the near future!!! :):):)

Mistyfin
13th Oct 2008, 08:11
Hey, dy1ing_to_fly, so are you going to the Sydney one? I just wonder whether they'll
give thought to us considering we'd just been to the Melbourne one or whether it's too soon? I just wish we had some form of pointers... :)

I wonder if there's any chance of hearing from them once the CV's go back to DXB....

I'm def going to the next Melbourne one but not sure if can make it to Syd.

dy1ng_to_fly
13th Oct 2008, 09:23
Mistyfin, I considered going to Brisbane as I have family up there to stay with, but decided that I might as well wait for the next Melbourne one. I have a holiday booked for all of February anyway, so if the next Melbourne open day is in Jan, that would be good!

I havent heard of anyone being invited to an assessment day after their CV was looked over in DXB, but I guess it might happen. I'm not counting on it though!

Just saw that Etihad is coming to Melbourne Nov 18, they pay better and fly to Aus, so although it's not Emirates, I wouldn't turn it down! They have assessment days, not open days, so I feel like I'd have more of a chance if I could actually speak to someone!!

I got 4 people's email/mobile numbers on Saturday, and they were all lovely, and looked the part, but none of them got a call back either!

Mistyfin
13th Oct 2008, 10:39
dy1ing_to_fly, cool, yeah I had an application with them as well but haven't heard anything re the assesment day.... yet anyway. I know someone who works for them on ground and was saying how they need several cabin crew but their being fairly quiet.

Do you mind me asking what your background is mainly (as in work)? I'm mainly admin/retail so I fear that might be a problem.... not having enough catering / food and beverage experience... It's so frustrating because I know I have what it takes to work for them and I'm sure you do as well. :)

dy1ng_to_fly
13th Oct 2008, 10:46
My Etihad application still says 'applied' and hasn't gone to 'under review' yet, so I guess it's too far away for them to start looking at our applications

I'll PM you about my work :)

dy1ng_to_fly
13th Oct 2008, 11:27
deon, I saw in another thread that you worked for QF and was suprised that you'd think about leaving them!
So you're applying for Emirates, or just going along to hear what they have to say on the open day?

Anoushka
14th Oct 2008, 14:16
Hi there flyingmum78, I've been to the interviews twice, and was out in the first stage! kinda disheartening but you gotta have faith, lots of hope and a really great dose of confidence.. good luck. I've written to the recruiting office in Dubai asking to be considered for assessment on the *th in Nairobi, Kenya. Nothing yet.... hope it doesnt sound too forward, but with all the thousands of applications they receive...

Vix85
16th Oct 2008, 08:36
Is anyone going to the Galway or Glasgow open day's in November??

yuja13
16th Oct 2008, 15:46
Hi there I just recently tried out for the assessment for EK here in Korea and now I'm waiting for the call if I made it in the final interview. The question about the arm reach is yes they do measure it on the assessment day and yes you have to go through ANC agency. But you don't have to go to the hogwon in order to register. I think reason why ANC do the prelims is that there are so many applicants and they have to short list them. The prelims and 2nd interview of ANC is mainly focused on your English skills. The 3rd interview is the assessment days of EK. Also I don't think they prefer ANC students coz I didn't go to the hogwon but I made it through the final interview. I recommend you contact ANC so you can get more infos for the Nov assessment because I think the prelims for the Nov assessment will start in Oct 24.

I a a foreigner here in Korea and I was lost in the whole process here and plus I don't speak korean but the ANC people are nice and helped me through.

Best of luck to you and just smile and be yourself!
;)

air383
16th Oct 2008, 17:12
Hi guys,

I'm an Italian boy... I think I'll go to EK open day in Milan on 25th Oct... But I've got one question: is it true that if my hair is shorter than 4 cm I will not pass? Thank you for your replies!!!

Ric

agungOMA
17th Oct 2008, 03:15
Hi there, regarding the hair, if its shorter than 4 cm...i guess that's fine as long as it neat and tidy...No need to worry..Just be urself:)

CarineA
17th Oct 2008, 21:07
Hi,
ADVICE FOR THE INTERVIEWS.
I just finished my final interview and I am waiting for the golden calll haaa

Some advice for the group interview, do dress up nicely, conservative but not too severe. Dont talk to much or too little, but its better to speak less than too much. Many of the people that made it to the final interview were the quietests ones, the ones that showed ability to listen to others. They want followers, not leaders..

The recruitment officers are nice and they are looking more at the way you express yourself, the way you listen to others, etc..than if you find the right answers. During group discussions, they ask things like : Introduce the person beside you with the most embarassing thing she or he did in her life and her or his biggest accomplishment. They ask stuff like
«Ok you have five minute to tell us which five new destinations Emirates should fly in the future and why»?
For group discussions, mark points by knowing peoples name. For example, you say: «John I really think your idea is great». When you suggest something say things like « As a group, it would be a possibility to consider this or that», ask «what do you people think». If someone is quiet, as for their opinion. If you see that time is running out, mention it and say «lets summarize, what do we have on our list yet»...etc

As for the final final interview, it consists more of situation that you had in your previous jobs. So try thinking of times when you made a wring decision, that your boss got mad at you and how you delt with it.:\
Think of a situation you had to stay calm under pressure. Try to remember a time when you were not agreeing with someones point of view at work and what you did? name one time you had an idea and people didnt agree with you...etc
they wanna know how you react in situations of stress, in a conflict, under supervision, etc..so mostly think of your job experiences and write them down . Remember them..then when they ask you for a specific situation you just have to pick in your mind one of the situations on your list of jobs examples...:D

:) I hope this can help you with the interview!!! good luck!!!
ps: SMILE, SMILE, SMILE and be yourself. :ok:

CarineA
17th Oct 2008, 21:10
YES They accept married people, but for the few first months you have to stay in the crew accomodation and not your partner.

CMOC
18th Oct 2008, 09:24
hi jean,
there's always so much to do if we wanna get there. so, if i were you, i would just go for it. and if you're really out of shame, drop me a line. we can figure out a solution for that together :ok:
cheers,
cmoc

CMOC
18th Oct 2008, 09:39
hi jean,
perhaps there's another airline that you can try apply for!
have a look at Jobs for Cabin Crew, Cabin Crew Vacancies and Flight Attendant Jobs Worldwide (http://jobs.cabincrew.com/)
one more thing, if it's walking in, an open day (Emirates), why not try it? it might be a way to go.

Korea - Seoul
Reference No: CC/BB/11985
Assessment Day: 22-Nov-2008 09:00 am - 24-Nov-2008
Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency ANC.

KIMEUNHYE
18th Oct 2008, 17:35
amazing ! you mean you've got through all the process in korea?
great !!!! and you are not a korean . right?
i am a korean. and as you mentioned, there's ANC agency.i can say you 've done great job !!!!!!! because, here in korea, being a cabin crew is very tough. so competitive !
congrats !!!!!!!! anyway- :-)
and i feel glad to see that kind of post.
!
i've never seen,heard about applying for ek as a foreigner !
now, i am trying to apply for the next assetment in korea !!!!! quiet nervous

yuja13
19th Oct 2008, 09:54
hey yeps im a foreigner it was tough and nerve wracking because you don't know what they are looking for but just be yourself and smile smile and smile! :) Now I'm waiting for the golden call my friend already got the call yesterday.

Good luck to you I know there's an assessment coming up next month.

topmankl
19th Oct 2008, 11:20
I would like to apply for Emirates but I have one problem. My two lower front teeth grew sideway away from each other, thus there is a large gap between them. It's certainly not a pretty sign. Will that affect my chances? I'm male by the way.

Any pointer is appreciated.

Mel_emirates
19th Oct 2008, 15:44
Hi all,

I've been reading this forum long time. Does anybody knows about someone that was rejected by the medicals and why ?
Well, I attended the open day in august and received the golden call 9 days later. I sent my medicals 3 weeks ago and didn't receive the update yet. My medical are fine I believe, my only concern is that I have retainers and had a bladder problem last year(which was fully investigated and completely solved) but my GP insisted in writing it down in the forms :*
Does anybody knows how strict they are about this kind of problems ?
Thanks a million.

Vix85
19th Oct 2008, 16:25
Mel - I sent you a private msg there did you get it?

Mel_emirates
19th Oct 2008, 20:30
I sent you a message back. Let's keep in touch. see ya.;)

Mistyfin
20th Oct 2008, 09:53
Just wondering whether there's anyone here that attended the melbourne open day 11th oct and got through?

air383
21st Oct 2008, 08:09
Hi guys,

I'm going to EK open day in Milan on Saturday... I'm really afraid! Can you help me with some information about their fleet?? I've found all aicraft types on their site... but I can't find out how many planes they have... Thank you so much!!! Ric

Vix85
21st Oct 2008, 08:24
Ric... Wikipedia is always a good website to get facts & figures about the airlines, impress them with your knowledge!! Good luck for the Milan day.

Amanis
21st Oct 2008, 11:21
Hi; I need your Help please!!!!
I went on the 17th October to the Openday in Hamburg..
Apfter the representation of Emirates airlines..I received an Emergency Call from my family.. ( ma Father made an accident :( ) so I had to leave the Hotel :(

I didn't made any test..neither spoken in a group discussion!!!
At that time I just leaved after telling to the recruiters that I have to leave :(

I want to ask know; Can I go to The Openday in Paris ..on13th of December there or I have to wait 6 months to reapply for this job??

Pleasssse I need your Help :(

irishbecky
21st Oct 2008, 12:42
Well, logic says that you didn't fail and as you didn't get the opportunity to see what the outcome of the day would have been I see no reason why you shouldn't try again in Paris?? Anyone else have any idea on this?? Personally I would go but if you are worried about it then contact Emirates H.R.

irishbecky
21st Oct 2008, 12:47
Yes I know a couple of people who were rejected after the medical. One because her Doctor wrote down that she had been prescribed cream for acne and another because she had been prescribed an antihistamine for Hey Fever...oh and another one because her Heamoglobin count was a little low....the M.E airlines are strict!!!

Vix85
21st Oct 2008, 12:55
I agree with Irishbecky, I don't see why you can't go to another open day, you didn't fail anything and they didn't turn you away for any reason so personally I think you should go to Paris, go for it!!

Donisha
21st Oct 2008, 13:06
I don't think because you left that should be a problem. You should just attend the open day in Paris.

Amanis
21st Oct 2008, 13:43
Ohhh thank you!!
I just thniked the same too!!

I'll try then!! or I'll try too contact them...
If anyone have an idea..Let me now pleaaase!!

Vix85
21st Oct 2008, 13:59
Amanis - I say just go to Paris on 13th December see how it goes, don't think you would need to make contact with Emirates seeing as they didn't turn you away & it's an open day after all. If you want something so after it!! You should definitely go on 13th Dec.

Amanis
21st Oct 2008, 15:48
OK got it :p

thanks for all!! :ok:
I just wanted to be sure!!

oceanspray
22nd Oct 2008, 08:27
Thanks, but it's actually not an Open Day, but an Assessment Day. :(

Guess I'll just have to put my CV on their website. Funny that the Korean agencies actually are accepting CVs until 10/24. I guess maybe it's because there are so many people applying here so they accept applications separately. Kinda weird 'cuz I know that in other countries, you just put your CV up on their website and get invited or go to an Open Day, right? I guess the ones who pass the screening (the ones who applied to the agencies directly) will be going to Assessment Day?

lulubelle1987
22nd Oct 2008, 20:57
Hello! can anyone help me? I have seen an advert in my local paper saying that they have an assessment day in Liverpool on 11th November and you have to apply before 31st to get a place. Can anyone help me with my application at all please? I am 21 from UK and have not worked for an airline before! Thank you if you can!!!! :) Lulu x

lucy21
22nd Oct 2008, 21:26
Hey
I attended the assessment day in london on 7th october and managed to get through (only 7 out of 56 people got through so it was pretty nerve wracking but totally worth it!). The only pointers I can give you about your application are to really emphasise your previous work experience in customer services/hospitality. Obviously this is one of the main things they look for. As well as that i'd suggest making sure your photo's are good - I didn't get mine done professionally, my dad took them at home but they were clear and did the job. Also make sure you fill out all the bits on the form as fully as possible. Don't fret too much about the 'why do you want to work for emirates bit' mine was really short and they were still interested in me! If you need any more help send me a message!! x

deon85
23rd Oct 2008, 10:54
good luck to anyone attending the open day here in Sydney on the 25th

Aamyee
23rd Oct 2008, 12:30
Hi guys, I had my final interview on 1 October (15 days ago) in London. One girl from my interview heard within 2 weeks she was not sucessful, another got her golden call yesterday, I still haven't had any response! I'm starting to worry and going a little crazy with the waiting as I know that the offices in Dubai are closed for the weekend and I still will not hear anything either way until next week now :ugh: Is this normal?

davebsas
23rd Oct 2008, 14:27
Hey everyone, I'm dave from Argentina, and I've been reached for the firts part of the assessment next week. The assessment will take place so far of where I live, so I was wonderring if you guys could give me your opinion about the job, and also some advices about the interview. since I'm going to travel a lot I wanna get selected!!!! :}. So please help me out with this, because I've been checking all the messages posted and it seems that it's a very exautive process!!! well thank you all for the information, I apreciate! and Good Luck for everyone from Argentina!!!!!!:ok:

lulubelle1987
23rd Oct 2008, 16:13
Thanks for your help Lucy, really appreciate it! good luck with the next stage of your assessment...would love to know how you get on! x x x

Donisha
23rd Oct 2008, 17:00
Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to this forum and i really want to work as a cabin crew. I am from Grenada, the caribbean and there is not a lot of carribean bases airlines I can apply to, so that is why I decided to try airlines in the middle east. I applied to Ethiad, Emirates, Gulf and Wantaniya.

Anyone know of any airlines that hire ladies in the caribbean?

yuja13
24th Oct 2008, 02:34
hi we are on the same boat. had my final interview oct 8 (korea) and still waiting for the golden call. my friend got her call within a week after her final interview and her interview was after my interview. I think we are all waiting for the "golden call" it is agonizinf hehehe but i say just be optimistic about it and you will get it soon. interviewer told me we'll hear from them in 4 wks and i heard they call random people and also it may take time since they have to schedule a whole bunch of people from all over the world for the joining dates. so just take it easy and yes it is normal to feel what ur feeling right now my other friend feels the same, but we can't really do anything about it but wait wait and wait. Just be positive I'm sure you'll get the call one of these days.:ok:

"patience is a virtue"

yuja13
24th Oct 2008, 02:38
also about the office hrs in Dubai their weekend there is Friday and Saturday, but my friend got her call last Saturday so just keep watch ur phone everyday coz u never know :) good luck!

Aamyee
24th Oct 2008, 04:12
That is good to know that they are possibly also working over the weekend :)
I am just eager to know! Good luck to everyone else waiting on their call...

Aamyee
24th Oct 2008, 04:14
Also my interview was 23 days ago now not 15...in my panic of waiting for the call I have forgotten my maths!

KIMEUNHYE
24th Oct 2008, 08:09
are you living in korea ?
or visited just for assetment day?
i am just curious about that :-)
anyway, i heard that these days, many applicants got a golden call from EK
i hope you have that one either !:-) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s
yes, there's another process in very soon - and i am waiting for that
maybe after five days?.. i guess

KIMEUNHYE
24th Oct 2008, 08:18
http://image.kyobobook.co.kr/images/book/large/197/l6601420035197.jpg
u guys have u ever read that ?
the book was written by two cabin crews. and i heard it's about their working experience as a cabin crew.

seems a bit hilarious ! dosen't it?
coffee? tea? or me?..
i guess that book isn't about the fantastic journey as a cabin crew.
maybe, this book says 'quiet severe, tough sides '

kk.. and plus !

i just found that post -

“I’ve been a flight attendant for 6yrs now, and I can tell you this much - if I’m still a flight attendant in 20yrs, I’ll be a raging b*tch!”

how do you think about it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
i am posting for just having fun with it :-)
i am now preparing for the next interview , quiet nervous. also i feel some guys who is now waiting for the golden call. can be relaxed or laugh by that :-)

kkkkk

Donisha
24th Oct 2008, 12:09
Hi everyone.

I was wondering do you have to know how to swim when you get a job with emirates.

and do you have to take a swimming test.

KIMEUNHYE
24th Oct 2008, 12:58
there's no swimming test !
don't do worry ~

yuja13
24th Oct 2008, 13:30
I'm currently here in Korea, but I didn't come here just for the assessment I'm leaving in a couple months...actually everybody at the assessment was asking me the same thing, I just happen to be here and since I applied to EK before I came but couldn't go to the Toronto assessment I figure its worth a shot since I'm already here. :)

Thanks, I heard about 20 already got the call hopefully I'll get mine one of these days :) the sooner the better.

Good luck to your assessment next month!

Aamyee
24th Oct 2008, 14:08
It seems outside of the UK the calls come sooner. I still did not get mine today but at least I also did not get a rejection email. A friend of mine waited 8 weeks and then got the rejection email, I have wondered why it took so long for them to tell her no.

yuja13
24th Oct 2008, 14:18
But u know what aamyee there were 60 of us who went for the final interview compared to other countries which is far more less the agency said usually 70-80% pass the final interview.

Really 8 weeks? that's a long time they said if you don't hear from them in 6 weeks to contact them. Good as long as we don't get the email we are still good. But you should get it one of these days my friend got hers a week after her interview, the other one within 2 weeks and the other one in about a month so really I'm just being optimistic ill get the call not the email. And just keep ur phone with you even on the weekend.

lets update each other when we get the call. hope we see each other in Dubai :)

yuja13
24th Oct 2008, 14:26
i mean you should get the call not the email :)

Aamyee
24th Oct 2008, 14:36
8 of us went to the final interview my assesment day and just 4 from my friends date! I keep my fingers crossed for us both and yes hopefully we will fly together in the future :ok:

yuja13
24th Oct 2008, 14:42
really only 8 of you did the FI..good luck to us and looking forward to fly with u in the future!

queency
24th Oct 2008, 15:40
Simone511,
I am going to join the interview of Emirates, do you know the group discussion questions?
I am not a native english speaker, so i have to prepare the questions now.

I just failed from Etihad interview which is because i didn't live impression to the interviewer. It's really a big shock!

Thank you for replying my message.:\

Aamyee
24th Oct 2008, 15:52
I just got the email :sad:

yuja13
24th Oct 2008, 23:29
noo...the r email? seriously???:eek:

wish_2_fly
24th Oct 2008, 23:57
Hey Lulu,

I have recentlyfilled in a application online and asked for the 11th November in Liverpool assesment day. Im still waiting to hear if I can go but in reference to your post they are probably waiting until after the 31st to let people know. Im 22 female and from Leeds.

The only advice I can offer in regards to the application is spend a lot of time on the why would you like to work for emirates question. I wrote lots and lots and then my boyfriend read it and said that I just put why I would be good working for them and not really answered the question. So I looked at the Emirates website at their aims, policies and incentives for staff and matched them with my skills. So I sold myself at the same time as writing all the details of their company. I think they are trying to test what you know about the company.......so flatter them.......a lot!!

Let me know if you hear anything and vice versa..... Good Luck xxx

Dubai Bound
25th Oct 2008, 03:26
I am a male attending the screening in NYC on Nov 2nd. For all of you who have attended one, if you passed or not, how many men do they hire. Is it an even ratio? Also were there alot more women at the open recruitment than men. Can anyone help me out or give me your opinion? Thanks.

simone511
25th Oct 2008, 08:01
Queency - I didn't make it to the assessment day, so I'm afraid that I can't tell you first hand.
Melbourne just has an open day (150 people), and I haven't yet heard from anyone who got through to the assessment day!

But from what I've read, the questions differ each time, and between cities. I guess they're not going to use the same questions every time so that people can't 'study' for them.

But they're looking for team work, how you present yourself, control of the English language, etc. I guess there is no "right" or "wrong" answer to the question, you just need to work well with the others on your table.
If you have trouble coming up with your own idea, perhaps just say after someone else speaks "Yes, that's a good idea, I really like how you've though about _______". Just so that it seems like you're paying attention to what others are saying any things

But anyway, I've never been to an airline assessment, I've only just started applying to airlines, so I'm new to this too!

Good luck though!

Aamyee
25th Oct 2008, 11:17
Yeh seriously. I'm devastated, I felt like my world had fallen apart reading those words!!!!

pramugara
25th Oct 2008, 19:18
Aamyee,

I know it is easily said, but please hang in there. Believe me, it isnt the end of the world and I believe you are just simply being postponed.

I am saying this only because I have been in your shoes. I didnt manage to go thru on my first attempt. In fact, that was actually the very first time that I ever failed. And now, reading your story, oh boy, it brought back the memory: God knows how devastated I was back then. I remember how I couldnt stop wondering and these mind-games of 'what ifs' and 'should/shouldnt' kept on circling in my head, every single day without a fail within the one year gap.

Dont give up. Try again next year, and lets see if the luck is on your side this time. I had to do it only two times, which I thought was hard enough. But I have a batch mate of mine who took her seven (!!!) Open Days to finally let her fly happily.

Good luck!

Pramugara

yuja13
26th Oct 2008, 10:16
I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is I dunno what I'll do when it happens to me. I'm still waiting and being positive. You can try again next time and also you can apply to other airlines for the meantime.

Don't give up try and try until u get it. My friend said she knows other ppl who tried out 9 times. Just persevere and I'm sure your hard work will paid off in the end.

CarineA
27th Oct 2008, 02:28
Hi Yuja 13, so you were in the final interview in TO. I was in the final interview in MTL last week, well I am waiting for the golden call too and I hope I make it! I can't stop visualizing myself working for Emirates in Dubai. It would be a dream come true. Since the first screening day, I daydream of this job everyday! So for the past month I have been thinking about this future career!

In Montreal, we were 34 left for the assesment day and they we were cut to 17 for the final interview. What about you in Toronto? The girls in Montreal were very nice and friendly I actually made friends with a bunch of them!

Aymee I am sorry to hear it did not work out, but don't give up. I will tell you what I will tell myself if it does not work out- something else great will happen to you instead, life is always full of surprises.

yuja13
27th Oct 2008, 09:56
Hi CarineA. Nope I didn't take the assessment in Toronto. I'm in South Korea right now, I did get 2 invites to go for assessment in Toronto last Feb and May, but I couldn't go coz I was already here in Korea, so since I was leaving in a few months and there was a global assessment here in Korea my friend suggested why not try going to the assessment and I so I did and I'm glad I did I'm also excited so the wait is really nerve wracking, but I just think positive.

Over here there were 60 of us who went for the final interview a lot eh? I heard the agency got over 2k applications and so they had to do a preliminary screening. I'm really glad that I made it throught he final interview and really hoping I will get the golden call.

Good luck to us and to others who are also waiting for the call. Keep in touch and hope we see each other in Dubai. I also made a few friends from the assessment and 1 of them already got the golden call. We will get ours soon.:ok:

When was your final interview?

wannabecabincrew
27th Oct 2008, 18:04
Hi,I saw ur mg that u gonna join open day in NYC.
I will too.I'm a Thai girl.I live in NYC.

r u get ready to openday?

How excited.
I hope to see you there

CarineA
27th Oct 2008, 20:59
My final Int. was on Oct. 16 or 17
the recruiters were very nice, they made me feels very comfortable and were professional.
what about you? when was your last interview?
so your friend was hired? this is great. I wonder how many people make it, the percentage of the people from the one on one interview i mean.
Its much worst than waiting for a phone call from a date!!!! haha:rolleyes::O

It would be such a lifetime adventure and opportunity to get this! I cross my fingers with the hope of a positive phone call!!!! :)

good luck
l

yuja13
28th Oct 2008, 02:22
My interview was last Oct 8. Umm the percentage over here I was told 70-80% pass the final interview. :)

We will get the call just hang in there we just have to be optimistic. Fingers crossed!
:ok:

evogear
28th Oct 2008, 03:14
Hi guys,
Im just wondering if EK still recruiting Male Crew especialy asian crew, im going to attend the open day in Singapore (or perhaps Malaysia) but on the website its says open day prelimenary stage will be conducted by sass atlantic. So, i checked the sass atlantic website and it come to my surprised that only female applicatns can go for the walk-in interview and male applicants only for CV submission only. Sass atlantic will then determine who should/shouldnt attend the assesment day later on. i dont think it's is fair becoz what i heard is hardly any male applicants made it to the assesment day. Does anyone have any idea about this? and why they have to use agent for recruitment?

Evogear

dubaidreamer
29th Oct 2008, 00:30
Hi everyone..

I am attending Emirates open day this weekend. I already work for a US carrier but I am very excited about this potential opportunity.
I know this has been discussed before but I have a tattoo on my foot. Obviously, I plan on keeping it covered at all times but do I even admit to having it or do I pretend like it is not even there?

Thanx!

CarineA
29th Oct 2008, 03:54
I got my golden call, I got the job!!! this was the best phone call I ever got !!!!
I am joining on January 2nd. Let me know about you! ANYONE JOINING THE 2ND (JANUARY)???

Dubai dreamer: I really dont think they mind a tatoo on your foot because you have to work with closed shoes all the time (they can't see your foot/toes...) so as long as the tatoo is not visible (like in your face, or hand, or arms, neck...) i am sure it does not matter.

I just tell everyone to be yourself at the interviews, and to smile and be positive. Look professional, don't speak to much or too little, and think positive. If anyone has questions about the interview process or advices it will be my pleasure to help you and answer your questions as it was so helpful to me when people helped me.
just send me a message!

CarineA
ps: good luck to everyone and wish you the best with your emirates interviews!!!!!:O

deon85
29th Oct 2008, 07:35
Congratulations CarineA :D
Im really happy for you and wish you all the best & a successful future with EK..

I had my final interview on Tuesday here in Australia.
Didn't expect to get as far as I did, I was quite surprised... Quite a surreal feeling..now its the waiting game for that "golden phonecall" ;)

To everyone else who also got through to the end here in Sydney I wish you all the best of luck with your application, and hopefully (fingers crossed) a successful one.. :ok:

D

dy1ng_to_fly
29th Oct 2008, 08:40
Deon - Congratulations!! Hopefully your wait to hear doesn't drag on for too long!!

Was your open day the same as the one in Melbourne? 150 people, 1 minute handing in resumes etc?
Assuming it was, how many people got through to assessment days?
I didn't hear of anyone I met at the Melbourne one getting through, so am unsure about whether I should try again when they're back in Dec

deon85
29th Oct 2008, 08:58
Hey Ms Fly...
Thank you for your kind words ;) will have to see how I go
It was exactly how you described it,
I would say about 160 or so people turned up for the Open Day..
Took a while to do the whole CV registration process, the video was really interesting as I have not seen that much on EK or Dubai. So i quite enjoyed it.. Afterwards some of the attendees asked some interesting questions :oh:

The two recruiters were easy to talk too, & both pleasant and very friendly...
I think there was 15 of us left in the end, not sure..

Definitely keep trying... Try and cut down your resume and remove unnecessary clutter. Focus on customer service focused roles you have had. Smile, look smart/professional and be confident.. Im sure you will be fine :O
My mate I went with is going again in December...
If I dont make it now i'll have to wait another year!!:cool:

wish_2_fly
29th Oct 2008, 12:51
Hi Guys,

I wondered if anyone can tell me....I have completed my application online and submitted it. Then I saw a global assessment day in Liverpool on the 11th November which i want to register for. So I click on register and it takes me to the log-in page to amend my application and i re-submit. I didnt get any page or email to say that I had sucessfully registered or they had received the details. Is this right because I dont know if I have registered or not anymore!!!

Any information would be great even about the open day if i am sucessful!!!

Thanks xxx

EA_cabincrew
29th Oct 2008, 14:30
Hey,

Could anyone write what is the basic salary in Emirates right now? Is it 3950 basic pay and 3200 during the training courses, what are the hourly pay and others things? thanks!!

pinkylicious
29th Oct 2008, 20:58
Hey guys!!

As all of u on this discussion board, i'm also keen on joining Emirates and i want this soooo bad!!

Well let me explain..

One fine June evening, I happened to browse airline jobs on the internet and suddenly went onto the Ek careers online website and registered my cv online..
but then i noticed that there was an open day in rome ( i live in Rome) end of july..

So i thought i'd go for it just to try my luck..

And so Destiny and luck had it that i got through all the interviews and still..still not having completed my 21 years (which i will complete this december on the 15th and having confessed to the two sweet senior stewardesses who interviewed us), i managed to pass!

I was soooo happy i tried out and sooo fulfilled..after all there were many eligible candidates who were twice as pretty and thrice as taller than me!!

Anyways here i am still..waiting..
Ek informed me by mail that my file is being held on until i complete 21 years in dec as it is company policy to apply at 21.

I'm thinking if it is a postive answer..i kno it is! but i want this sooo badly and il get soo upset if i get rejected..

Many ppl who got thru the open day with me have already gone to dubai,undergone training and are gonna fly soon..
some got rejected..
i'm still in rome bcos of my age hmmm...

i'm soo anxious wat if they like forget me lol??

in the meantime im getting sick of my current job..and soo bored of it..
Ek will bring some light into my life so i want it soo badly!:ugh:

what do u guys think??

pinkylicious
29th Oct 2008, 21:00
congrats!!
i hope i could also join if they only call me and let me kno somthing!!

P.s: im supposed to wait until my bday on dec when i bcom 21..:uhoh:
how bad can it get after waitng and waiting??

so when did they inform u??

CarineA
30th Oct 2008, 02:04
Hi, thanks
I found out yesterday night I was thrilled when they called. So much emotion.

You must be looking forward for your 21st b-day. They'll call you when your b-day comes ! Think positive : ) If you want this, you'll get it.

I still have to go through my medicals, they said they would send me e mails but i didnt get anything yet. Does anyone know how many days it takes them to send the medical info by e mail after they anounce you by phone of your DOJ (date of joining)?

CarineA:O

yuja13
30th Oct 2008, 02:15
Wow congratulations !!!!! im soo happy for you me i'm still waiting. My friend is also joining Jan 2nd awesome you guys will be training together.

I really hope i get the call its been a long wait and i know itll be worth it! I'll keep you posted.

Congratulations again!!!

Aussieusa82
30th Oct 2008, 02:22
Dubai Bound and cabincrewwannabe... Just want to let you guys know that I'll be there in NYC this weekend too for the Open Day. I sent in my resume like a month ago and only just got an email last week.. haha.. even that small stage was a test of my patience. Oh and Dubai Bound.. I'm a guy too so there will at least be 2 of us there representing the male species!!

Ok so here is my question... I read somewhere (maybe on this site or somewhere else) that we should have professional photographs to hand into the recruitment team. I was wondering if this was actually true. When I sent in my resume and photos before, my head shot and full body shot were done in my living room. Those must've been acceptable because if they weren't, I don't think I would have gotten that email. Does anyone know if I should go and get professional ones done? Thanks for any help!! I'm pretty excited about the possibility of working in the airline industry!!

agungOMA
30th Oct 2008, 03:23
Congaratulations CarineA for joining EK, i'm imagining if i were in ur position huehehehe..

So hope to c u in Dubai soon..Hopefuly everything runs well 4 u...

deon85
30th Oct 2008, 10:45
To answer your question you need just one photograph that shows your shoulders and face clearly.. Your standard photograph size will do..not passport size.
Dress in a suit with tie etc.. I did my in my living-room too and that seemed to be fine..
good luck in NYC guys..

wannabecabincrew
30th Oct 2008, 17:57
hi Aussieusa82 (http://www.pprune.org/members/283874-aussieusa82) I'm gonna be in Open Day at NYC this weekend too.
Hope to see you there.Do you have any MSN for chatting?
Wanna make a friend to be there together

my E-mail is [email protected]

Good luck

CarineA
30th Oct 2008, 23:16
:O Thank you so much!

I really look forward to work for Emirates. Before I even went to my first interview I went to look at your website and it helped me a lot, and motivated me even more. It confirmed how much I wanted to work for that company! Even some girls at my interview knew about your page!

To anyone wishing to get a job with Emirates, I suggest you check SODWEE's blog. It is very helpful as it answers all the questions you might have regarding the cabin crew position!

Again, thanks SODWEE and I hope too meet you in Dubai! :D

I'll be there in January! wohoo!!! :O

Xtra Crew
31st Oct 2008, 15:57
Are you allowed to wear glasses whilst on duty as CC or do you have to wear contact lenses instead?

dy1ng_to_fly
31st Oct 2008, 23:42
Xtra crew - you need to wear contacts, they won't allow glasses

Deon - Well done on getting through!! They didn't choose many from the initial 160! I will go along in Dec, and although it all feels very much out of reach, I will give it my best shot! At least this time, I will know what happens, and won't have the nerves working against me!

VITOR FIRMINO
1st Nov 2008, 02:54
HI. A friend of mine. RAFAEL, his joining day is scheduled to be on january 2nd, so you will meet him in your induction day.Mine will be on january 9th, we will see us in the sandpit. Congratulation and see you then.:D

CarineA
3rd Nov 2008, 04:20
Hi Vitor, I am Carine I will meet your friend at our training then because I join on Jan, 2nd as well. Tell him to contact me if he wants before we leave!
I will see you too in Dubai I guess YAY:ok:

made_in_ukraine
3rd Nov 2008, 05:53
Hey guys,

Congratulations to everyone who have made it to Dubai.

I was wondering if there's someone here who is going to attend Assessment Days in Osaka this month?

yuja13
4th Nov 2008, 13:59
Hey CarineA i heard from emirates today and I got the email. Well when I saw it I knew i didn't get the job, but I didn't feel anything. It's been 4 weeks since my FI and I think it's been a long wait I just wanted to know if i get it or not. I'm not that devastated as i think i would.

Anyway I know God has better things planned for me in the future. Oh well if it's meant to be it's meant to be. Life must go on. Also I'm going back to Canada next month so that's something I look forward and excited about I had other plans for next yr so it's all good.

Good luck in your new career and you'll probably meet my friend her name is Nayoung her DOJ is also Jan 2.

All the best to you and good luck to the others!

CarineA
5th Nov 2008, 05:49
:bored: I am sorry to hear that you got the e mail YUJA13. It is good that you take it well. I mean, you are right, life has other plans for you at the moment and other experiences will be there for you.
Once I applied for Air Canada and they didnt take me. I was quite sad, but now I am glad I didnt get the job because I finished college and worked on cruiseships... life had other plans for me.. I think it is the same for you, if it does not work out with Emirates now, then maybe later, or maybe you will find something you love even more! I wish you all the best in your projects :)

I met NAYNAY she sent me a message, her DOJ is the same as mine thats awesome. Thanks for letting me know YUJA.

Enjoy Canada, Toronto right?

later

porcelain
5th Nov 2008, 10:47
Hi Guys,

I am sorry if this has been asked (and I am sure it has, but there are so many replies), I am going to the brisbane open day very soon, and have 2 questions pertaining to self and the company.

1) they may asked what my weaknesses are, not everyone is perfect, but I would feel silly talking about them. From existing cabin crew or those who have been asked this question, what is your advice...should i mention one or two and keep it simple or none at all?

2) again to cabin crew or those who have been through the recruitment/selection phase...what kind of questions do they ask perataining to our knowledge of the company?

Thanks guys

:>

deon85
5th Nov 2008, 11:06
welcome porcelain

I attended the one in Sydney just recently... now just waiting for that phone-call... or email

The help/info I can give you are as follows..
If you make it to the one on one, try and not talk too much.. Keep your answers simple, clear and straight to the point. If they want to hear more they will prompt you to explain in a bit more detail, or provide another example...

When advising on a weakness, tell them one that you have had and what steps you have taken to improve that weakness. Always end in a positive note with questions like that..

Good luck and I really hope you get a call to attend the selection process. The recruiters at mine were both very lovely. Try not to stress too much and remember to smile, you should be fine. Let us know how the day was :O

D

porcelain
5th Nov 2008, 11:13
Thanks alot for that!

I wonder how many people turn up to these things?

What did you have to do on the first open day?

deon85
5th Nov 2008, 11:28
there were about 160 of us there,
make sure you wear a suit (male)
skin colored stockings and knee length skirt if your a girl.

Have a up to date copy of your resume, try and remove unnecessary information (2 pages max). Also a standard photograph size photo of yourself in corporate attire. You line up and hand in your resume give them your contact details. Watch a video about EK and Dubai, then you go home and wait for that phone-call...

Hope the details help put you at ease! Its really nothing to get too nervous about..

How does the selection process in other countries work? is it quite similar to ours in Australia?

porcelain
5th Nov 2008, 11:48
I purchased a skirt suit today....yay.

but am wearing sheer black stockings ....i hope thats ok.

Goodluck with the rest of your interviews etc!

CarineA
5th Nov 2008, 21:25
The place where you are asked why you wanna work for emirates is on the online application form. Of course you need to read all the website and know in genereral the destinations they fly too, but dont worry they wont ask you specific questions.

Then for the group assesment day, the group topics are not really related to Emirates. It can be like: ok talk to the person to your left for five minutes and describe that person to the group then. Or: if you made a play, what kind of a play would it be and why? then you gotta discuss it with the group.

as for weaknesses they dont really ask that. What they most likely do in the final interview is asked about situations you had to face at work in the past. Like «tell us a moment where you tresspassed a rule, what happened, what did you learn from it?» Then, they might ask you: Talk to us about a stressful event in your previous job? or tell us about a time when you disagreed with a coworker and got in a fight, what happened?

you see what i mean? so before the last interview write down on paper the situations that happened in your previous jobs so you are ready.

Untill that last step, the final interview, be positive, SMILE A LOT, talk to the other people doing the process with you, you might make friends that will go to Dubai with you and it will make you less nervous for group discussions. :ok: good luck

I hope it answered your question a little bit

Carine

CrewA380
5th Nov 2008, 22:59
Very nice and good advices CarineA :) Regarding to your words, I would like to add something....It's a necessarily to left all the expactations for success at home - too much additional thinking , too much hardships....so just ty to release yourself out of any expectations.

All the advices written here are precious and very useful, but following any advices for distinct type of beahvior may cause loosing of your own personality during the screening day . One of the most important things is to be yourself - oh yes, I know how trivial it sounds, but I'm sure that EK recruiters are looking for people with personality...I think the first impression is the second important moment. Choose proper dress code and be smiley...be polite and fresh looking.
Don't forget it: the duration of the screening is not a coincidence - the recruiters are reproducing a workday....they just want to see how you react and how you dealing with it.
Well, that was what I learnt from the mistakes during my last "unsuccessful" screening day. I'm going to attend another in december and hope we all will meet each other very soon working in EK :)
Best regards and good luck - the third important moment :)

Daniellek808
5th Nov 2008, 23:33
I am going to the Interview tomorrow in Honolulu. I have been reading up lots on Dubai. Someone said in this forum about a reach test? Does anyone have more information? I would hate to go in and get cut right away. I am 5'1. Is it even worth it??

Little_Red_Hat
6th Nov 2008, 00:19
Danielle,

the reach test is to see if you would reach the equipment on board. It doesn't matter what your height is, so long as you can reach 214cm from the ground. So put a mark on your wall this high and if you can touch just above it you will be fine to attend!

Test is done without shoes on but you are allowed to be on your toes. Alo standing closer to the wall helps and is allowed. Good luck!

Daniellek808
6th Nov 2008, 01:32
Cool!! THanks

wish_2_fly
6th Nov 2008, 19:42
Hey everyone,

Firstly, thanks guys for all the useful information that you have posted on here. Its really encouraging. Its a shame the current cabin crew wont contribute!!!

Just wanted to know if anyone is attending the Emirates Open Day in Glasgow on the 16th November 2008? I received an invite and im so scared!!!

Any good ideas on answers for the scenarios you have previously discussed????

A xxx

VITOR FIRMINO
7th Nov 2008, 03:16
Congratulation CARINE, further to Rafael's email, it is [email protected], we'll be able to chat with him, see you then.

VITOR FIRMINO
7th Nov 2008, 04:04
I did my final interview on 7th of october in São Paulo, all questions were about my background , any experience with disgruntled pax, if you always welcome constructive criticism if not , no, there is not, there has always to be '"YES"",guys do not ever forget about it. any bad experience with your coworker and how did you sort this out? when does your help is not wanted by this passenger, what is your attitude towards this indifference?
how do you react to a very stressfull situation,give me an example, when, how and the outcome,and to finish,very tricky last one,weaknesses and strengths i had to show them and why,that was the most difficult one to not to say the other things. Thank god I made it,and the so expected Dubai phone call finally came,to the future emirates wanna be flight attendants I very wish you luck in the interview, be very assertive,speak enough to the recruiter at least notice you, very well groomed, be always very polite,in a group discussion, try to hear all around you ,and the most important one,in a formal interview, try to maintain good eye contact with the interviewers. So, I hope you are the next ones, like me and the others who did, I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.SEE YOU:ok:

michaelflynn61
7th Nov 2008, 11:57
Hi everyone,

Just looking for a bit of advice form you guys. I went to an Emirates interview about 4 months ago but unfortunately did not get the job. I am just wondering as to how strict they are when they say you cannot aply again for another 6 months as I would like to attend an interview again at the start of December which wouldnt be waiting 6 months. I had not filled out any online applications or anything as the interview i attended was an open day so I just turned up with my CV. So would I be better waiting the full 6 months or will they be sure iv done one more recent than 6 months, like do they kee EVERYONE who ever turns up to an interview on file or whats the story?

Any advice is well appreciated :)

Cheers guys and gals and good look to all those attending interviews/ preparing/ awaiting news!!!

flyoneday
7th Nov 2008, 12:59
hey michaelflynn61,if you get the chance to go in December,my advice is that you just go n dont necessarily point out that the 6months arent over...........

all the best
~
flyoneday :ok:

Mikejr
7th Nov 2008, 16:40
Sodwee's Blog is really full of good stuffs!
Let me tell you something. I attended Open day NYC past weekend and I felt like home. YAY, Seriously guys! I want it so badly. I brought tears to my eyes when watching the recruitment video. I even cried watching the recruitment video they putted on.

I just wanted to say, Thank you Sodwee for beeing so helpful!!!

Mikejr
7th Nov 2008, 16:52
Congratulations CarineA!!!

Now, I am waiting on Gold Call.
So this is what happened. I made it to the open day NYC Nov 2nd but They have not yet called me nor emailed. I am so excited and ready for being interviewed.

Hopefully I get to see you in Dubai January 2nd, Cuz this is what i have dreamed of, please help me out and once again... Congratulations!! :ok:

CarineA
8th Nov 2008, 21:58
Thanks Mike!
I hope you get it, we would see eachother in Dub Dub on Jan 2nd? Would that be your DOJ too?
good luck good luck!! let me know what happens:ok:

xxnanouxx
10th Nov 2008, 11:29
hi,
I am also waiting for the approval of my medical tests and im so impatient.
plz could sm1 tell abt hw long it will take?

CarineA
11th Nov 2008, 02:36
Final 3. wow this is awesome. I cannot believe they only took 3 out of 70. Then I am sure you will get it, only 3..for sure you'll get it. I hope you do!
when would you be joining!

Its such a great feeling isnt it!
Im sure they will call soon..YAY good luck!

where do you live, in Kenya? Must be a wonderful country, I hope to see it someday!

take care
ciao

CarineA
11th Nov 2008, 02:40
MEDICALS: I don't know either how much time they wait till they give the final approval. Do we need to send the whole reports via e mail prior to arrive there?

ACCOMODATION: Does anyone know the names of building where crew reside??? I heard Century 21 and Millenium towers..googled it and seems very cool....that would be very very nice haha.

mayorcan86
11th Nov 2008, 05:09
Dear friends,

I'll attend the next open day in Seville (Spain) and it's a great chance for becoming cabin crew !!! I need be successfull oooh my god I spend a lot traveling towards the interview.

I'm spanish guy, 22 years old no experience, good looking, 1'80 cm tall, 75 kg, friendly, good costumer services.

Can you give me advice please? Many thanks,

[email protected]

djanane
11th Nov 2008, 16:30
Hello everyone!
Glasgow NOv 16th...I will be there :). I'm brazilian currently living in Sheffield. This is will be my first open day, I'm so excited and nervous ( of course lol). This is my email address [email protected], in case if someone else is going to Glasgow!

Best Luck

NAne

CarineA
11th Nov 2008, 19:47
:ok:YEAH positive thinking works. Visualise it, good luck good luck!!!!!!!

I found all these really cool blogs about crew it makes me wanna create one too. Its so fun to read all their crew cabin stories and where they stayed and everything..

Its a good way to let family and friends back home know what you are doing too.

xxnanouxx
12th Nov 2008, 18:03
hi,
I've sent all reports ( medical report to be completed by doctor + reports from doctor for each test undergone) xcluding the x rays via mail to them.
so, when is ur DOJ? mine is on the 28.11.08.

dy1ng_to_fly
12th Nov 2008, 20:38
I've read on here that many people don't get their final confirmation until a week before their DOJ!
Good luck in Dubai guys, I'm so jealous! The next Melbourne open dayis Dec 6 so hopefully I have some luck!

chomelodie
13th Nov 2008, 06:27
Went to Dubai for their global assessment day in end Sept, its been 6 weeks already but havne't heard from them at all.:{

I am a crew with another airline in the Middle East and I think I should at least got an invitation for the first interview :rolleyes:

I think I left a pretty good impression during the submission of CV cos I noticed the interviewer wrote down a lot of comment on my CV after my submission. She also put my CV in a pile behind her instead of those 2 tall piles on her desk.

Can anyone please kindly give me any EK CC recruitment contact email. I really wish to email them and double check my status. :(

ExFlighty
13th Nov 2008, 14:16
I have attended the Open day in Sydney last month with Deon85, and finally got the 'Golden' call after 2 weeks:D. My DOJ will be on 2nd Jan. The same as you CarineA! You can PM me if you like! Its always nice to have a friend before you get there.

xxnanouxx
13th Nov 2008, 17:10
hi,
Is there sm1 joining on the 28.11.08??:)

Azzah
13th Nov 2008, 18:38
I will PM you the email contacts from where you could request the email / Tel Number, Address for EK Recruitment.
Rgds
Azzah...

deon85
14th Nov 2008, 07:11
Congrats Exflighty!!!
Im sure you must be over the moon! Im still waiting on a response from them..

Still waiting on that "golden call" or the "R" email.. hehe
Have to say the wait is exhausting!!!!

ChinoA
Good work on getting that far! It will be 3 weeks next week for me, so dont expect a call that quickly... Dont worry, you'll hear from them when they have decided!

D

kenyan85
14th Nov 2008, 11:06
Hi guys, first of all I'd like to thank each and every one of y'all who's taken the time to write down advice and words of encouragements to us wannabes. I believe your goodwill will come back to you ten-fold. Now, for my experience during the selection process in lovely Nairobi. There was a lot of us that day - close to eighty souls fighting it out. I turned out in my well-pressed trousers and wool designer jacket (I never wear official wear but that day I made sure to come out looking like someone who knows what they want lol). The majority were girls and I believe there were more or less fifteen guys including me. I had read this forum up, down, left, right and center so suffice it to say, I was ready. I also had this belief that I was going to make it. I remember feeling like elephants were trumpeting in my stomach but one of my group members noted after a group session that I looked calm, even relaxed. I guess when you believe something, even though you might have doubts, you make it. By 5 pm (around 8 hours later) I was the only guy left standing in a roomful of ladies. I couldn't believe it. The tricks, I learnt, is to look SHARP. And SMILE, SMILE, SMILE! Be enthusiastic, but do not stick out as a leader. Overconfidence should be left at home. I went for the final interview which went well but I was given this group psychology multiple-choice logic test at the end which I don't know was about. Maybe they were trying to test resilience? I'm elated that I am the only guy in a group of around 18 girls. I hope they take us all - it would be so much fun! Anyway guys, that was my experience. Now I'm waiting for 'THE CALL' which I believe I will get. If you believe in a higher power please pray for my that my medicals go smoothly so I can join the rest of y'all in Dubai! Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings, good luck all of you!

kenyan85
14th Nov 2008, 17:41
Good to see we're representing Kenyans! As per my knowledge we're more or less 18 in total. I'm the only guy...which I'm grateful for, I heard though they will be hiring more crew so if my guess is right, 90 percent of guys who qualified for the final interview will get thru. Wow they really were strict in your lot, no? Only 3! Girl, you must be exceptional! In my group they took 14 and we were 80 at the start of the interview. Lets keep chatting, please send my your cellphone number via private message. Have faith, God bless!

CarineA
15th Nov 2008, 01:14
Good luck,
I know how you feel ..so much anxiety. Even after getting the golden call you still think about dubai , emirates and read these threads....I do. Its so exciting.

I wish you all the best. When would you plan on joining?

Kenyan: in my group there was only one guy left, out of 17 and he got it. You will get it, if they left only 1 boy, they most likely will pick him right? :) ...plus it went well at your interview!! thats awesome.:D

look forward to hear from you!

one of my friends didnt get answer yet :( and it has been almost 5 weeks....mine took a week and a half....I hope she makes it, she is so nice and would be great...waiting is just the worst part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

deon85
15th Nov 2008, 08:48
ChinoA I know Exactly how you feel...
Glad to hear Im not the only one going through this! Quite enjoyable yet stressfull at the same time.. hehe

There were only me and one other guy that made it through to the end.
You should get it Kenyan85!! Congrats on being the last guy left over!! You will be fine... Im SURE you will get it!

Will be 3 weeks for me next week..

D

kenyan85
15th Nov 2008, 17:52
Hi deon, thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm a bit nervous waiting for the call but I'm cool-headed about it. Celebrations for me will start when I get my e-ticket and visa lol. I'll be patient, plus I have my end of semester exams coming up that I need to take care of so that should keep me busy. The dreams and visions aren't stopping any time soon haha! Can't wait!

panchi
16th Nov 2008, 15:38
anybody out there who will be attending MNL dec 13-14 assessment?

CarineA
16th Nov 2008, 21:52
Hey guys, here is a list of EK cabin crew blogs I love to read, I found precious info on these blogs and also it motivated me a lot, I encourage you to read them:

My favourite: AIRBOY (http://*****************/~redcandy/airboy/) because he is very funny and also answers questions for joining emirates A to Z!

http://www.aerobaticsash.*************/
http://www.pinkpoodleprincess.*************/
http://getreadyfortakeofflis.*************/2008_01_01_archive.html
http://www.tobysears.*************/
http://worldofsofala.*************/
http://cubi-dubai.*************/
http://worldofsofala.*************/

:ok: have fun reading them!

CarineA
16th Nov 2008, 21:54
the adresses dont seem to appear complete... they finish by ******** . com :O

made_in_ukraine
17th Nov 2008, 08:24
Having read these very informative posts, I thought I'd share my piece of information (although this will be helpful only to those who will apply for Cabin Crew with Emirates in Japan).

On November 16th, 2008, Emirates held an Assessment Day in Osaka. About 150-160 people came (99% were girls, with only 6 boys trying - 3 were Japanese and 3 were foreigners). After taking the "reach 212 cm" test, we were shown a video about Emirates and Dubai. Then, each of us received a number and and we were to wait until the number was called. The initial screening interview was conducted by a very very friendly EK stuff. Two of the applicants (who at that time did not compete againts each other) had a 2-3 minute chat each with the EK stuff. They asked us basic questions, e.g., age, any customer service experience, foreign languages skills, abroad experience and what the most frustrating thing while beign abroad occured to us. Then, we were informed that the results of the initial screening interview would be communicated to us by post, latest by Thursday (November 20th).

One of the recruiters said that because EK had ordered a large number of aircrafts, they need every single qualified applicant, so they will hire a lot of people.

So, now am waiting to receive the info by post... Excited and thrilled...

Good luck all those who will start soon in Dubai and those who are waiting for their golden calls. I am sure we all get it when we are ready to receive it!

panchi
17th Nov 2008, 14:43
hi, they did not conduct group dynamics at all? is that the new procedure now of emirates or that was just the initial screening?

which call are you waiting for? is it for final interview or employment offer?

thanks.

nakks
17th Nov 2008, 15:56
Carine,
I have been reading the blogs you suggested all day!:ok: really interesting to see how previous crew managed to get through. the blogs make you feel like you're not alone:eek:. am still playing the waiting game.... :ugh:

l8r
nakks

made_in_ukraine
17th Nov 2008, 16:30
I don't know whether they have changed their procedure. Maybe, it has always been like that here, in Japan. I have read a bunch of forums, too and was expecting something similar to what has been described here.

But then, on EK's webpage it said that initial screening with be conducted by a contracted agency - Airlige. So, I do not know whether the people who ran the initial interview were EK's employees or just Airlige stuff.

In any case, having three groups of 50 people each must be a big load of work to handle. So, I understand why they opted for such a layout of the selected process in Japan. If I make it to the main screening, I will have more info on November 25th. Until then, waiting for the notification if I made it through the initial one.

panchi
17th Nov 2008, 23:44
alright, thanks for the info. please keep us updated and break a leg!

deon85
18th Nov 2008, 06:45
ChinoA your not alone man! Im pretty much the same here checking my phone the whole time!!! 3 weeks today since my 2on1 interview

Dubai Bound
18th Nov 2008, 07:59
So I had my final interview today in New York. The whole experience was great. Not only did I meet some people I would like to work with but I have a good feeling I will get the call. All fifteen people that made it past the first cut at the assesment day yesterday got a final interview. It is true that they hire as many as they can that qualify. I think we all will get it. I hope............ We now join the rest of you who are waiting to see if our future is in Dubai with Emirates..........Gook luck to you all

wish_2_fly
18th Nov 2008, 10:06
Hi Everyone!!!

Just thought I would share my experiences of what happened this weekend at the Glasgow Open Day. Because I have been through it, I know how nervous everyone gets and how you feel better if you know what’s going to happen, so here goes…….

I applied online back in September and registered for a Liverpool Assessment Day around that time…..I was a bit gutted that I didn’t receive an invite and I guess I sort of thought I would wait until another Assessment/Open Day in Liverpool or Newcastle But I received an invite for Glasgow and thought why not? I travelled down the Glasgow on the Saturday and stayed in a hotel on the outskirts. Before I went to bed I looked over a few things on the Emirates website and I knew from this forum there would be some scenarios. I thought about times I’ve given good customer service, times when I have had a difficult customer and times where I have being critised etc. Then went to sleep with a head full of knowledge!!!

I arrived at the Marriot hotel in Glasgow at about 8.30am (the day started at 9.00am) and there were already some girls there. You could tell who was there for the open day by the suits, CV’s and neck scarves!!! Everybody started sitting together and chatting straight away…..everyone is in the same position so don’t worry about being on your own.

About 9am the recruiters called us into a conference room and asked us to take a seat in rows in front of a screen. 2 English girls handled the recruiting process and they were so friendly and nice and had been working for Emirates in Dubai themselves. On the chairs were an information sheet about the cabin crew job…..pay, holiday, discounts, accommodation and things like that and there also a sheet we had to fill in about how we heard about the position. The Recruiters talked and showed us videos all about the job and Dubai. It’s quite an honest approach…they give you information without sugar coating it. They talked about everything from living in Dubai to company progression to the flights themselves. The most important part is that they said that Emirates had ordered many new aircraft I think possibly around 60 and many are the new Airbuses (double decker sort of planes) that take around 30 cabin crew to staff it. Due to this, over the next 10 years they were looking to double the number of cabin crew from 10,000 to 20,000. This was important as they made sure that we were all aware that we weren’t in competition with each other. If we ticked all of Emirates boxes they would take us all. This eased a lot of the pressure and you could stop thinking “Oh, that persons really good, they are gonna get the job”.

They also told us that because 60 people turned up that they could turn the Open Day into an Assessment Day. I think they were expecting a lot more people but this really worked in our favour. I think if it was just an Open Day they would have a quick chat, take our CV’s and get back to us. They asked us all to be available the rest of the day and if we were successful, Monday or Tuesday for a 2 to 1 interview which lasts an hour.

They had 2 tables set up at the front of the room and asked us to come up when we were ready with our CV’s, pictures and the marketing sheet they had asked us to fill in. This was informal just a quick question about something that was on your CV, like “you worked at so and so place, what did you have to do there?”. The recruiters were really friendly….asking how you were feeling and telling you not to be nervous. They asked you then to take off your shoes and reach above a poster that was on the wall behind them. Everybody could reach it and some people were quite small!! It doesn’t matter how you reach it…..on tip-toes or with one arm…. I think the height is 212cm. They also give you a sticker with a number and your name which is how you are separated into groups. After this, you obviously have to wait until everyone has been seen and this is the first of the waiting sessions!!! So again everyone was chatting in their groups waiting for the next stage.

The group was then split in half and each half went in at one at a time. You were split again into 2 groups of about 15. First of all in your group you are asked to stand up and say something about yourself. The other group are talking and doing the same task at the same time so you don’t feel like everyone has their eyes on you. You were asked in your group to come up with a movie, a name for the movie, a plot line, which 2 actors would play your lead roles and what kind of movie it would be. You have 10 minutes and then you have to present it back to the other group. It don’t think its important what you actually come up with just more about how you interact with each other and how you all come to decisions together. When this is done and you have presented back to the other group you are asked to wait outside. The recruiters stay inside and make a decision….they make all the cuts straight after the tasks so even though you’re nervous and just want to know they do it as quickly as possible. They will ask you back in and ask you if you’re not successful to please apply again in 6 months and ask you to collect the letter with your reference number on from a table. Obviously these letters are “Congratulations….” or “Unfortunately….” I think from this round they cut about 20 people.

The people who made it through were then split into 3 groups and given times to come back at in the afternoon. I went for dinner with some of the guys who made it through. Everybody got together really quickly it was so nice that everyone made friends straight away. Anybody whose 1st language is not English or hasn’t been to an English high school had to stay behind to take an English test. I didn’t take the test being from England but I do know it’s because all the training and the notes and text books is conducted in English in Dubai. There were about 5 people who took the test and I think only 2 people passed so I think it was quite difficult as the people who took the test all spoke excellent English and most actually had been working in the UK for many years. So it was surprising.

So after some lunch (even though I was too nervous to eat) we all returned at our designated times. Again it was a group scenario…..we were given 8 descriptions of passengers and asked to choose 6 to downgrade to Economy even though they had booked business class. Again it is to see how you interact with each other and support each other and I think most importantly all come to a conclusion you all agree with. During these group sessions a recruiter will walk around the circle just monitoring what is being said…..to be honest I didn’t even notice they were there. In this round the recruiters asked us questions such as “why did you pick this person over this person to be downgraded?” just to see how you justify and explain. The point of the exercise is that there are no right answers. They might say “Don’t you think you should of picked this person instead?” they are not saying you have got it wrong you just have to justify and think of all angles. And again you were asked to wait outside. They of course gave the other groups letters but our group was lucky and told us we were all through the next stage. I think this proves that they will in fact take as many people who are suitable – they have no limit. Thinking about the people who were unlucky I would advise other cabin crew hopefuls to not speak a lot and offer lots of good ideas…..the important thing is how you all interact not the actual information you decide upon. Wait and let people speak and make it clear that you are listen and don’t be afraid to re-centre the group if you feel they are wandering of the mark or too many people are talking. Offer encouragement to other members of the group and try not to disagree with other members, try offering alternatives. You will be surprised by who they cut because you were probably thinking that they were the most likely to be accepted. So everyone has a chance – just be yourself and smile!!

By this time it’s about 6pm, you’re all knackered even more so by the fact you’re nervous and shaking constantly. So we are sat all waiting for the next round and we have been advised that it can go on until 8 or 9pm. They call us all back into the conference room and advise us we have all made it to the final interview stage!!! We are all so happy and it’s unexpected as there is about 15-20 of us…….3 of them are guys. There are some cabin crew, some with customer service experience and some without. It goes to show that it really can be anyone and you just need to tick the boxes (NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THESE ARE!!!). But I obviously did tick them that day. They had invited more people back to the final interview than expected as they had to conduct the interviews over 4 days rather than 2.

We are then given a final interview pack….there is some forms to fill in and return at your final interview. You know the normal stuff…..name, address, passport number, schooling, employment etc. We are told there are some things that we need to bring to the final interview or send to London within a week. We need 1 full length professional photograph (you are also given a list of how to stand what to be wearing etc), 6 professional passport size photographs, 2 casual photographs (just make sure your not drinking, smoking, wearing inappropriate clothing. You can be with other people on the photos just not people the same age or sex as they need to be able to distinguish you easily), photocopies of your passport and highest schooling certificates. So guys in answer to the ever reoccurring question “do we need professional pictures?” – ONLY AT THE FINAL INTERVIEW STAGE. If you do need more time to get these things together you can ask but the sooner the better. After this we did a personality test answering questions like “It’s true I would rather be an architect that a counsellor” and then answer true or false. It was a bit weird really.

After this we were given times for our final interviews. We weren’t really given much information as to what would be asked only that it would ask three quarters of an hour to an hour and to be ready 10 minutes before. And then we were free to go……at 8.30pm!!! I was so tired and brain was fried from being so nervous and constantly on edge….I have never felt so worn out but I guess they are testing your stamina!!!

Luckily, because I wasn’t from Glasgow I manage to get my interview for the day after. And this is when all the questions I had revised came up. To me it feels as if they are trying to find out your work ethics, limits and views on customer service and how you receive and give criticism. The time flew past and I was out before I knew it!!! I have to admit I was relieved it was over….I could just breathe!!!

Just advice to everyone even though I know if wont make a difference is ……RELAX!!!! It really isn’t as bad or stressful or competitive as I thought it would be!! I stressed myself out with my nerves but I am proud of myself for getting this far and excited as to what possibly could happen……

I know I’ve written a lot but I feel this will help as you all know what will happen!! If you have any questions please let me know and I’ll try to help. I’m joining the rest of you in waiting for the golden phone call!!! I’m off to try and find a professional photographer now!!! Good luck everyone!!!

tiluchi10
18th Nov 2008, 13:03
Congratulations Dubai Bound !!!,
please if you are kind could you tell me how many people showed up in the open day ( girls and boys) and how many got the final interview ( girls and boys) i was planning to attended it , but finally it was not posible, but i want to know that information in order to have an idea for the next time. thks.

Vix85
19th Nov 2008, 10:33
hey wish to fly

I thought more people would of turned up to the Glasgow open day! I was going to go over to it but im going to the Galway day on 29th Nov instead, got an email from emirates at the weekend inviting me to either dublin or galway open days. Your day went on pretty late didnt it! How do you feel it all went for you? Im hoping the Galway day gets turned into an assessment day coz I dont think there will be too many people going. Probably same sort of numbers as the Glasgow one.

Dubai Bound
19th Nov 2008, 17:59
There were about 120-140 at the open recruitment day and about 40 made to the assesment day, then they cut us down to 15 who all made it to the final interview. If you have anymore questions email me at [email protected]

wish_2_fly
19th Nov 2008, 21:16
I think it went okay....I dont think it was terrible. I answered all their questions as well as I could so in a way if I am unsuccessful I know that I tried my hardest and I wont be upset!!!

You should definitely go to one of them. If the recruitors have enough time to see everyone well enough then they should. They were only supposed to be interviewing for 2 days but they extended it to 4 so who knows??

I went to have my professional photographs today...I felt like a right geek!! it wasnt as expensive as I thought it would be just £30 and they are nice pics.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

x

adsSW
19th Nov 2008, 21:35
Been invited to the assessment day next Monday in London, but was only invited today!

There is no way I can make it to the day (400 miles from me) with that much notice.

Is it usually this short notice, I have asked to be put back to the next assessment day, not sure if they will do it for me though :\

Dubai Bound
19th Nov 2008, 21:39
Oh also, the open day there were roughly 15 guys out of the 120. there were five guys and 35 girls at the assesment and 3 guys including me and 12 girls got a final interview

bluefish_au
20th Nov 2008, 02:58
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is anyone on here from Melbourne who has applied for the Open Day on the 6th December? If so, has anyone received an invite yet? I applied about a week ago, and haven't heard anything yet- I'm currently working as cabin crew and have plenty of customer service experience, so can't imagine a reason why I wouldn't be invited- just am very impatient :) ... so wondering if there is anyone else in the same boat as me?
Thanks!

wish_2_fly
20th Nov 2008, 15:57
I had my FI this week and I was told to wait between 3-6 weeks. They said they try to contact you within 3 weeks of sending your professional photos etc. The waiting part is the hardest!!!

kenyan85
20th Nov 2008, 16:11
Hi guys I got my rejection email today. I thought I would make it since I was the only guy out of all the ladies but I guess God has other plans for me. Good luck guys, we are all winners to have made it this far. I'm not giving up, and I believe a new day will come for me. Love you guys, good luck!

nakks
20th Nov 2008, 16:42
Kenyan 85:
I just read your post...so shocking:eek:. I got your PM. Will text you n let you know my no. I'm now getting scared.... but don't worry God has other plans for you. if you still want to fly you can try again...take heart i know how disappointing it can feel esp after coming this far:ouch:. I'm so scared now:sad:

Chinoa:
Am also on my 10th day of waiting:ugh: tick tock tick tock

nakks

Montreal76
20th Nov 2008, 17:05
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, for all of you who recently went to interviews, I had my final interview on october 24th and got the call on november 2nd, did all my medical and now waiting for final approval. Despite all the sad stories about working with EK, I'm still looking forward to making the experience my own, as there is no perfect company in the world, and I live in Canada, and trust me I've worked for companies with ridiculously and crazy regulations by far surpassing what I've been reading here, my philosophy has and will always be: If you don't like it, GO !

Happy flying to all !

Montreal76
20th Nov 2008, 18:30
Anyone else joining on that date ?

agungOMA
20th Nov 2008, 23:38
Kenyan85..

I'm so sorry bro..but as u said u shouldn't give up..I'vee been in ur place, and i won't give up till my age reach 36 since that's the max age (based on the information that i have..)

Montreal76..12thDec 2008,is that ur joining date??? Congratulation..Hope to c u onboard soon..

All the best guys...

Montreal76
21st Nov 2008, 02:05
When are you joining or are you already working ?

CarineA
21st Nov 2008, 02:14
Hi Kenyan,
sorry to hear that. Don't give up. Life might has something else even better coming up for you soon, like an amazing job,and that might be why it did not happen with Emirates for now. Good luck with your future and stay positive! ;)

Montreal76 I know you ;) welcome to this thread Ive been checking it everyday since like a month, its really fun here!!!!!!

:cool:

ritasyd
21st Nov 2008, 04:08
Hey! I was attend FI recently in sydney , still waiting for a call. I'm an only Thai girl in FI.

kenyan85
21st Nov 2008, 04:33
Hi y'all thanks for all the support and kind words, it feels like family up in here! I have been thru so much in my life that getting that rejection email was just but dirt off my shoulder that I brushed off. I must admit I am disappointed but I feel something great is coming along. For the past two months my life has changed dramatically - akin a phoenix rising from the ashes. I believe God has something SO MUCH BETTER in store for me - my faith has been restored and the guys at emirates are gonna be sorry they rejected me . I will turn this pain into power. My passion in life is fashion and design and modelling - who knows, maybe I will follow that! I also want to help people who are less privileged than I am. I realise I am so lucky being who I am and that things are only going to get better. There's no stopping me now! Again guys, thank you for the support and I pray you get your golden calls. Cheers x

cabin8crew
21st Nov 2008, 12:49
Keep in the mood, its not a disease and you are not dieing. Why everybody sees emirates so perfect? It's ok, but no perfect I guess :) So, keep on applying, It's a human factor who screens you, and who decides. I have traveled a lot with EK, what can I say, sometimes the crew are just wonderful, but sometimes - ohh man, how did they got in ? :D What I want to say, If you really want something, reach for it and you will get.

For me, ill try different trick, Im not going to read all the forums and even the books to enter the EK, just gonna attend an open day, and have fun. :)

Anyone going to DUB open day? :)

ExFlighty
21st Nov 2008, 15:06
did you attend the open day on Oct 25th ???
and when was your FI?

ExFlighty
21st Nov 2008, 15:26
CarineA,

I have changed my DOJ to the 19th Dec.
Anyone else joining on 19-12-08 ??

deon85
21st Nov 2008, 15:47
HEy CarineA thats eager! well good on you for getting through!
meanwhile Im still waiting and its a killer! i really want this, but will have to wait and see..

Montreal76
21st Nov 2008, 16:54
I wish mine could be earlier it is getting real cold up here in Montreal...my DOJ is 12-12-08 and waiting for final approval :)

made_in_ukraine
22nd Nov 2008, 03:47
Got the results from my initial screening in Osaka. I am in. I wonder how many people they selected (since the second round is held during two days). Mine is on November 26th, this coming Wednesday.

Will report on how it all went once I am back home.

Good luck to everyone who is attending Assessments or waiting for their gold calls.

deon85
22nd Nov 2008, 07:14
meanwhiles x 1000 got my golden call today...
DOJ is 23 JAN

nakks
22nd Nov 2008, 09:05
hey people,
I also just got my golden call!!!! finally......:} i couldn't believe it when i saw the foreign umber on my phone, so unreal. God is really answering my prayers. A very nice guy on the line gave me the golden news.

My preliminary DOJ is also 23rd Jan same as you Deon. Am now waiting for the email yay! one more test to go.

Chinoa your call is on the way....

nakks

ExFlighty
22nd Nov 2008, 11:42
Congrats to both of you!!!!:D:D

Lia Kohl
23rd Nov 2008, 05:38
I made it too, but mine second screening is on November 25th, Tuesday 10AM at Imperial Hotel Osaka.

Another friend is also going on 26th. And a third friend didn't pass the first screening :sad:

Anyhow, wishing luck to everyone here (including myself :})

deon85
23rd Nov 2008, 07:46
Congrats to Nakks for getting that call!!! Be sure to keep in touch so we can meet up over there.
Thanks for the comment ExFlighty, as you would remember we were all so exhausted after it all!
Good luck to everyone else going for it! Just be yourself & enjoy it...
The hardest/fun part is the group interview, make sure you have a nice bottle of red afterwards to come down to earth... :ok:

Anyone else who is joining on the 23 JAN 09 be sure to get in contact...

D

tundercat23
23rd Nov 2008, 10:47
Are any of you going to manchester open day on the 9th of dec? I havent recieved an invitation from emirates but im going to try and turn up anyways! Do you know where it is being held??? wow...persistant..lol

deon85
23rd Nov 2008, 11:38
Thanks ChinoA
I waited almost 4 weeks for my call.. Some of the people who went through the same group as myself got their calls within 2 weeks... Dont worry, Im sure your in! Hopefully same DOJ as us!!
D

made_in_ukraine
23rd Nov 2008, 13:27
Hey there,

Congratulations! I sent you a private message. Would be nice if you had a chance to read it before your second round.

Good luck on Tuesday!!!

agungOMA
24th Nov 2008, 00:50
Hi there..

Nope, i haven't have any DOJ YET, probably someday..

To everyone who already have DOJ: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

All the best..and as usual..C U Onboard

CarineA
25th Nov 2008, 04:15
Yay! good to hear that! wohoo go celebrate

Anyone new to this thread having JAN 2nd as DOJ????

later:)

nakks
25th Nov 2008, 07:02
Thanks everyone for all the congratulatory messages. Just got my medicals forms yesterday......quite extensive...:sad:

For all those waiting their Golden calls....dont loose hope. No news is Good News!!!

All the best.:)

Montreal76
25th Nov 2008, 21:05
Good Luck...I got my call exactly 2 weeks after my Final interview, but they said within 3 weeks and to contact them after 6 weeks if no news, in case they had wrong email address or phone number.

But I'm suppose to join on Dec 12th and still no news for that final approval about the medicals, so stressful , I don't want to make any plans with my friends in case the date gets push back or worse (there I think it)...oh well, Patience is a virtue they say !

deon85
26th Nov 2008, 06:20
im with you on that one Nakks. Also got mine yesterday...
Went and did my dental ones today and next week hopefully the rest of them..
Seems like so much effort!!! but we'll get there!

kenyan85
26th Nov 2008, 06:53
It's me again , Mr Down-but-not-out hehe I'm so happy for y'all that have gotten the golden calls. I on the other hand have been canoodling and just being me...good things have started happening in my life (again) , one of them being - I met someone, and they are just the best! My friends tell me my eyes light up whenever I talk about the person (lol!) and wait for it, I haven't gotten to the best part - they are stationed in Abu Dhabi and I was thinking - what an interesting coincidence, because I was planning to apply for Etihad cabin crew. So God willing , if I get the job, I will be joining them in AUH...I think I'm falling head over heels and we've planned a trip to the coast next month, and I can't wait! Cocktails and gentle breezes and the beach...sigh... :-D So I guess it looks like another door is opening for me, and I am myself again. You won't be hearing much from me guys, because I want to start raiding the Etihad wannabes forum, but I'll pop in from time to time. Deon, Nakks, good luck with the remaining leg, you guys must be über excited! Oh, and Deon, I will PM you so check your messages. Toodles!

gabby brown
26th Nov 2008, 10:10
hi everyone,
i cant believe i have finally got a forum for emirate wannabe.
i am male,21 and a Ghanaian but go to Thailand every year for 3months holidays(for the past 3yrs). i just love flying,i use emirate for flying and last 3yrs i stayed in dubai for a 24hour and got the chance to stay in the emirate hotel which is called mellenium for free by emirate.
i used kenya airways this yr cos i decided to use different route and i had to get a visa in kenya,at the moment of writing this, am in thailand and i seriously wanna be a flight attendant and i have bought a 270pages of study course from the head to toe(i mean everything is in,questions and answers for interviews and everything!) i have been studying for the past 2weeks and i searched for flight attendant job in thailand but i have to have a thai working permit which i cant till i get a job,lol.
emirate is coming to thailand in december but i dont know if i can join,maybe by my end of holidays in feb,i will get the chance to be work with them. i want to ask if its possible to apply in thailand or wait till i get home which means i have to wait for some months until they inform for recruitment, i am going for a diploma in aviation when i get back to Ghana so i can wait.
please can anyone advice me if i can apply in thailand cos i have only a tourist visa. has anyone done that? and first of all maybe the recruiters will ask questions in thai which i cant speak. or i should go to dubai next yr and apply there? HELP ME PLLLLZ

ExFlighty
26th Nov 2008, 10:45
I'm finally done with 'all' my medicals.:)
Now, I'm in the same boat as Montreal76. Just waiting on the 'final' approval.:ooh:

Montreal76
26th Nov 2008, 14:34
Yeah...Well I was thinking since everyone seems to be getting the final approval at the very very very last week or days, I'm not going to stress anymore lol 15 days do go, I'm gonna chill out before I develop an Ulcer. I know my health is good so nothing to worry about unless they lost my file...

Happy waiting to all !

CarineA
27th Nov 2008, 01:27
Hello stranger :P hehe
well don't worry about the final approval for medicals, the 4 of us that made it from Mtl all sent them and none of us got final approvals. The 2 girls are leaving on Dec5th and didnt get it yet...so I am sure its coming this week.
I look forward to DOJ!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhh;)
talk to you later

As for the person looking for an interview in Thailand, check out the Emirates web site and look at where the next interviews will be. They might have interviews in a country nearby if not in Thailand at the moment. Fill out the online application form and theyll let you know when is the next assessment day in your region.

to the other ones applying right now- good luck to you all!!!! I suggest that you read the blogs before the interview...actually this whole thread is pretty awesome, you have some useful info, it'll help you feel more comfortable with the interview process I think!
Ciaociao

made_in_ukraine
27th Nov 2008, 04:51
Hey everyone,

Here is how the assessment day looked like in Osaka (pretty standard and very much like those in other countries).

10am - all those who passed the initial screening were invited to come on that day. Two groups were formed and sat in a circle. The task was "Ask the person to your right what he/she would do if he/she had 1000000 dollars and why." As you are discussing the questions (and getting to know others), they call you one by one to once again pass the 212cm reach test.

After that, each person stood up and presented the person to his/her right and what he/she would do with the money. In this case, be sure to greet everyone again, mention the person's name you are going to talk about and BRIEFLY in under 45 seconds tell what you have learnt. Smile, stand firmly and comfortably and enunciate properly. In this test, they measure you overall level of English. So, be sure to use simple and yet clear phrases as well as try to interchange long sentences with short ones.

After that, about 20% of people were eliminated.

The second test was another group activity. The task was "Choose 5 cities which might host next Olympics and what are the reasons for your choice." In this group discussion, I would outline the following:

1) If you are by nature a leader, that is perfectly acceptable. You may (and maybe even) should initiate the discussion. Offer one city... and then keep silent (occasionally, dropping "yes, it is a good idea; oh wow, [mention person's name], this is a very good point."

2) If you are a follower, then let someone start the conversation (this does not diminish or increase your chance of getting through, as it seemed to me). But then speak up. Mention one city and give your reason.

If you choose either to be1) or 2) (i.e., if you have a chance to mention one of five cities or you are the one who opens the discussion), make it no more than 45 seconds.

3) If it happened that five cities were mentioned and you did not get a chance to contribute your own point, then now it is the time for you to act. The safest way is to say this "OK, guys, we seem to have reached the consensus. So, to summarize, our five cities are...".

ALWAYS smile and maintain eye contact with EVERYONE in your group. Ignore the recruiters. I actually forgot that they were walking around us.

Then they asked 5 people from the group to stand up and present the 5 cities. In this case if you did not get a chance to talk or do the summary, volunteer to present. They need to somehow remember you.

After that, about 10% of people were eliminated. It seemed t me that they were looking for:
1) how you work in team
2) whether you can accept and appreciate other's opinions;
3) how good your English is;
4) your general posture (how you sit, eye contact, gestures)
5) how you present.

Then we had a short break. After a while, they invited ask to take the English language test. The test is nothing like GRE or GMAT but it does require a relatively high proficiency in English. There were about 40 questions and one essay to write. You do get more bonus points if your essay is both well written (structure, logics, cogerency) and well argued. They do not care whether the statements are actually correct (I ended up saying that hockey, figure staking and triathlon should be dropped off from the winter Olympics games list). As long as you:
1) follow the Western standard of writing (INTRO-Three Main Points-Conclusions), 2) use very good to excellent grammar and vocabulary
you will make it. After all, cabin crew is not a job for dummies.

Do not take your level of English for granted. There was one girl who seemed to be pretty confident with her language skills, and yet she failed.

After the test, about 25 % were thanked and asked to leave.

Then came the HARDEST group discussion. In a small group of 10 at most, you are given a topic, 4 questions to address and 10 minutes to come up with the solution. In terms of role distribution, you may follow the same pattern as described above. But remember who said what, since the recruiters may ask some questions further. If they ask the group "Whom did you {as a group meaning} choose to be the actor?" and you know the answer, say "We have decided that for this sitcom the best actor isXXX". Do not say more than they ask (i.e., no "why"s and so on).

30% people were left... and we made it to the finals. Then, there was a personality test and final interview scheduling.

Overall, it is a very very exciting process. You get the chance to meet amazing people, interact and feel so professional. And once you step out from the hotel, you feel so proud.

A few tips:
1) be nice and smile
2) do make sure that you look neat (shoes, hair, smell)
3) do not disagree. Say "Yes, this is a very interesting point of you".. and swallow the rest. After all, who cares. It is not like your decision whether Riga is to become the next EK destination will actually matter for EK itself.
4) talk to people when you have free time. Share concerns and make friends.
5) always thank everyone, even if he/she did not do anything.

My final interview is this upcoming Sunday.... And then... I think I know what I want for Xmas this year :-)

Bon chance and kambatte!

brendy_au
27th Nov 2008, 10:28
Hey guys!

I recieved an email the other day to attend next Saturday! Im soo excited!! But I kind of get the feeling that not many guys get thru in the interviews?

Fingers crossed... :O

deon85
27th Nov 2008, 11:37
Im a guy and made it through up here in Sydney...
You will do fine! But its true, out of my whole group there were only 2 of us left! In a way its easier as there are less guys than girls. A mate of mine is attending the Sydney one on the 6'th up here in the Hilton. Hope he gets it so we can share together up there! Let me know how you go!!
D

Montreal76
27th Nov 2008, 15:41
I also was the only guy who made it through in Montreal interviews back in October. At first we were only 3.

Good Luck !

brendy_au
27th Nov 2008, 23:23
Hey guys!

Thanks for the support.. We're there many guys going for it to start with?

Hey deon how many days did you have to attend? My open day is next Saturday which im thankfull about!
This site has helped me soo much with preparation.. However by the looks of it... They must change how they do their assesments often!..damn it! :P
Has anyone gone onto Airboys blog? Google it... its very interesting and he gives you an A-Z guide of EK recruitment!

brendy_au
28th Nov 2008, 01:42
And I reckon its hard enough stressing about the interview!! lol

I could only just imagine the stress waiting for that "golden call" !!