PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Aeromar27
20th Aug 2009, 13:17
Thanks. I still believe that the situation is negotiable. When the time comes i will start writing mega-polite emails explaining my situation and all. I don't think i could take it if i went to an open day from scratch and they didnt hire me. Like: But but but, im one of you guys!! Let me back in!!... like being kicked out of a club after you asked the doormen to let you out for a second to leave your coat in the car.

Mikejr
20th Aug 2009, 20:18
Let me in please?

Thanks in advance

mandarinka
20th Aug 2009, 20:56
Aeromar27

yes you are right, I do really understand your situation and feelings, I am in the same one, I am ex-cabin crew for Etihad, and I would like to rejoin, but I can just reapply and I have to go through all that selection process again, I miss middle east so much, I cant start to live my life back here in Europe :ugh:

jaye
20th Aug 2009, 22:19
Can I ask why you guys left your airlines? Did your contracts end or was it a case of not knowing what you've got til its gone? Wish you both the very best of luck in getting re-hired.

pinkylicious
21st Aug 2009, 10:59
Rumour has it that recruitment will start end of this year.
I was told by two cabin crew friends...but it's only a rumour so not very sure about it.
Before i was told recruitment would probably begin in september but nothing happened yet...don't know whom or what to believe!!

Aeromar27
21st Aug 2009, 11:23
Well, i just HAD to leave. I came back to Europe to finish my pilot training. Now what i want is to work as cabin crew, rather than to be an unemployed pilot. :)

East Rose
21st Aug 2009, 12:05
Hi everybody who is interested in Emirates Joining;) it seems to me that after those long-long 6 months of our waiting the sun starts shining again:):D:):)
Today they sent me a message with the request, if I'm still interested in joining or no. I have to answer them till the end of August and then pass through the shortened selection process as my previous assessments have been elapsed. And then they send Job Offer Letter. I'm incredibly happy and I hope all of you get the same letters soon also:)
May be some of you know sth more, then write it down here:):D

filwa
21st Aug 2009, 12:35
may I ask if it's EK who sent you the message today(friday)?
As we know,they don't work on Friday and Sat.
possible to tell us when was your previous assessment day?
thanks

pinkylicious
21st Aug 2009, 15:10
Hi there!!

now that's wonderful news!
were you "withdrawn" after doing your medicals??
when was your DOJ supposed to be??

I have a feeling that if they are gonna re-contact all of us withdrwan people, they would go according to the previously assigned DOJ's (monthwise).

Let us know everything!!

Aeromar27
21st Aug 2009, 15:19
Looks like it's time to email the rejoining forms!! YEY.

joas
21st Aug 2009, 16:20
my offer of employment was withdrawed as well after sending all medical forms. i had the interview the last november in seville. please, can you tell us more details about it, as I really hope this is not just a joke ( it wouldn't be really funny),, thanks.

I hope this will become true!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

EYner
21st Aug 2009, 17:33
I don t think this is a reliable news ... guys stop giving fake hopes ... I work here and do you think they will bother sending an offer with the contract on Friday !? never ever ! Who ever made this joke it's really not funny ... and guys don t lose hope ... cheers !

East Rose
22nd Aug 2009, 08:32
:ok:Hi everybody! Actually, I didn't expect such a reaction from some of you, I had been reading this forum since February when I got withdrawal letter and now I was happy to tell you good news. I got that letter yesterday and I'm sure that information given in it is understandably true, the source is reliable. But anyway I'm not going to reassure you here, these are not debates but the forum only....

And I'd like to add that very often much of employees don't know lots of things and news about their company, it's not their responsibility to know it, it's a duty of their bosses:) so, don't be in a hurry when you make such statements!!! :=

My Date of Joining was in the middle of March and I got that terrible letter on 10 of February.

I don't know how it was in other countries but in some of them the very first day of selection was represented by Recruiting company from Europe, they gave us the initial information about Emirates Airlines and checked the first test. And now it's their responsibility to check all selected candidates, if they are ready to join or their plans have been changed. Then this company passes this information to Emirates Recruitment Management. After this step namely Emirates deals with us, selected candidates. I hope you got the main idea.

I hope most of you are in a cheerful mood! Don't let gloomy ideas close your sun!!!
See you soon in Dubai!

East Rose
22nd Aug 2009, 08:46
Did I say that they sent me offer of job????????????????? Where did you read it??? I was surprised to read your mail...if you don't have any news it doesn't mean that there is really no any news, you don't know about it, that's all, very easy:= Read my message once more....If you had read it carefully, you would have understood everything:)

opuneczka
22nd Aug 2009, 09:11
Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!!! And for the rest of us as well, cos there's finally hope:ok:
I just have a question, when did you enter an open day? I had mine in January and I wonder when I can start hoping for my email :)
Good luck to you!

East Rose
22nd Aug 2009, 10:50
hi! I had my selection days in September- beginning of October but it's not important in my situation as I asked Emirates to change my DOJ 'cos I had some problems in my family.

jaye
22nd Aug 2009, 12:36
I'm gonna believe East Rose got that email. I just dont understand what anyone would get out of posting a message on a forum to perfect strangers saying they got an email from an airline when they didn't. What would be the point?

So ... thats great news. I think it means the wheel is turning verrry slowly but at least its not stopped. All they're checking is that people are still interested so they can figure out how many people they've still got in the holding pool. A definite start to things, but I still think its gonna be a long wait :ugh:

harry-dux
22nd Aug 2009, 13:40
I received the same message asking if I'm still interested in working for Emirates! I got it on wednesday and had to let them (not Emiartes, other company which represented the first day of selection) know by tomorrow.

I had my selection days in November in Osaka and my DOJ was in February.

In the message, they say "Cabin Crew Department have been constantly analyzing the requirements and are currently considering schedules for the next intake of new employees."

I will try to be calm because I don't want to be disappointed again, but I just wanted everyone to know what East Rose wrote is true.

Mari
22nd Aug 2009, 16:25
Hm, so it's true: the 380s keep coming next year. (?!?)

There were rumours that deliveries might be deleyed. Maybe EK decided to take all aircrafts they ordered for 2010. One aircraft needs appr. 150 people to operate 24/7.

(NOTE: There are 2 seperate fleets at Emirates. One is called "The Main Fleet", the other is "The 380 Fleet". There are people who are trained for the 777, A330 and A340 and fly long- and short-haul mixed with various destinations. There are people who are only trained for the A380 and fly only long-haul, currently London, Toronto, Bangkok and Sydney-Auckland.)

Or do they only need new people for the two 380s which are coming in January? (Two in December and two in January are confirmed!)

I think only the Top Management knows and everything could change according to the economic situation.

I cross my fingers to get your new dates of joining as soon as possible. You really, really, really deserve it!!!

tij511
22nd Aug 2009, 21:06
i would like to know are there any down sides to working for emirates
e.g dangerous routes, accomodation, etc...:)

TopBunk
23rd Aug 2009, 01:26
You are based in Dubai - a very big downside to start with:yuk:

Aeromar27
23rd Aug 2009, 15:49
That is THE ONE thing that is completely dependent on the individual. I'm from Spain, and we Spanish tend to hate Dubai for all the beautiful things we miss from our country.... but i loved Dubai.

jaye
24th Aug 2009, 08:52
thats an individual question. I don't think there's one thing that could be considered a downside for everyone. Some people wouldnt cope well with the strictness Emirates can impose because they are a middle eastern company, others would consider a downside that the layovers arent as long as they are with some other airlines while some would consider that a positive thing because you dont stay in one place too long so can visit another place. For some people being based in Dubai is a problem, and for others its the reason they want to join Emirates.

For me personally, a downside is having to take out a few of my piercings! ha! They hurt and I was so scared getting them but did it anyway cos I wanted them even though I knew it was gonna be painful, so i'm proud of them and definitely gonna miss them. But obviously for a lot of people that wouldnt be a problem and would hardly be a downside to working for Emirates.

jeaniepie
24th Aug 2009, 11:40
hi east rose!:) did you receive the messag edirectly from Emirates? I hope they will start recruiting soon! lets keep our hopes up and continue praying! Good luck to all of us!:):ok:

Montreal76
24th Aug 2009, 12:03
Hey, EK probably is looking to start Hiring again...as per Airbus website, A380 deliveries are as follow : 2 in November, 1 in December, 1 in january, another one by first quarter of year, and second quarter of year, now, the 5 a380 EK has are being operated by 600 crew about ! so do the math ! plus 777 still waiting to be delivered. By the Middle of 2010 EK will be the worlds largest a380 operator , Singapore Airlines being the top holder at this time.

Good luck.

filwa
25th Aug 2009, 03:55
anyone who wasn't been through AGENTS get any msg from EK?
anyone tries to ring ?
am thinking of ringing next week

:ok:

pinkylicious
25th Aug 2009, 11:43
I'm pretty sure that only those who applied through recruitng agencies have got the email..
what about those who just went to the OD's??
anyone know anything about them??

tiniviel
25th Aug 2009, 12:00
it is not nice of them that once we got through the whole recruiting process successfully that we will have to go throu it once again... Even interview... medicals I understand... I wonder will they contact us from open day and when?
greetings

Milena
26th Aug 2009, 02:05
Hey guys, ive read all of your posts, and i really think that all the things that happened are very unfair, but trust me, it wasn't on purpose you know. What i think we al should do is try to find a job to save money so that way the ones that already did their medicals and maybe have to do them again pay them, and i don't know, do things that can help you to have a better resume, study another language , etc. Because thinking about this every day makes you feel sad and you only have to keep busy so you won't even realize when the open days start all over again. Kisses for y'all!!! :}

filwa
26th Aug 2009, 04:28
this is the first time they replied my emails since i got the withdrawl letter.

i wrote them last Sunday stating that i would love to be recontacted as soon as the training courses are confirmed.

today,i got their reply :
Thank you for your email.
At this point in time, we are unable to provide you any definitive information as we do not have any confirmed courses. However, we will re-contact you once we have our courses confirmed.
Wishing you all the best!
Regards,
CC Recruitment Admin Team

wrote them some emails in Feb and March'09 ,but never got anything,maybe it's a good sign that HR actually are coming back to work and things are back on track a bit !

Maja2U
26th Aug 2009, 09:30
'At this point in time, we are unable to provide you any definitive information as we do not have any confirmed courses. However, we will re-contact you once we have our courses confirmed. '

i can't believe it...:{
almost 7 months later and they STILL give the same answer...

jaye
26th Aug 2009, 11:43
I dont think they know though so they cant really tell us something if they dont know any more on the subject than we do. I'm pretty sure their estimates for beginning recruitment will be changing from one month to the next, depending on their sales and expenditures. We do know though, that they are getting a fair few aircrafts over the next 4 or 5 months so hopefully they will be in demand and they will have to open up recruitment again.

Totally 100% agree with Milena though (btw thats my favourite name in the whole world! Random piece of info haha) we just have to keep busy, turn it into a blessing and bulk up those CVs, get teeth bleaching, learn a second language, learn sign language, first aid ... anything and everything so that one day (hopefully soonish!) we're all on here saying "Thank God for the recession! I never would have gotten in otherwise!"

xxx

miss_gloria
27th Aug 2009, 07:18
hey guys, i just got the call from my local emirates' recruitment agency!

and yes, they are opening up recruitment! i was informed that i need to do a retest for the 16PF, probably sometime in September and that is the only test required before they offer the job! no interviews, no open days!

according to the lady, i would be gg to dubai by end of the year or early next year if i pass the retest.

my DOJ was march 20 and had my open day and interview in Singapore in nov/dec last year. any one from the same batch as me?

in any case, wait for the call/email! im sure they will be contacting you guys very soon. hope to see ya all in dubai! :ok:

KEFREN82
27th Aug 2009, 07:59
I am really happy for you!
it's good that airlines are starting to hire again :) it means that something is moving and the crisis is going to finish..this is the first step to better times!!!!

filwa
27th Aug 2009, 08:09
hello,

would you pls explain more about "retest for the 16PF",and was it Sass agent that contacted you ?

cheers

tiniviel
27th Aug 2009, 08:29
calls and mails only from local emiratea recruitment.... what about us... who were on open day?!?! where there is no local recruitment agency ?!? :S

jaye
27th Aug 2009, 11:52
Be patient you guys. They will call you. It will probably just be because Emirates obviously have a LOT more people to contact than an individual agency. Its happening, just wait for your turn. Its on its way. :ok:

Cherry Blossom
27th Aug 2009, 13:52
Hi everyone,

I think I'm in the same batch as miss_gloria. My DOJ was in March and I had the interview in Dec.

I have recently received an email asking for confirmation of my interest to join EK from a recruiting agency despite the fact that I did not apply through them! Anyway, it was stated in the email that this was not the job offer.

I also confirm the information from East Rose and the fact that it is actually very useful :ok:

Good things are sure to come...just be patient.

miss_gloria
27th Aug 2009, 15:43
filwa: the 16PF is the personality test which we took prior to the final interview. it consists of 180+ questions which will map your personality. i was informed that i have to retake this test and pass it before EK would give the job offer.

cherry_blossom: were you informed by sass?

Maja2U
27th Aug 2009, 17:16
so...if i'm not wrong...
here, on this forum, there are 3 people who got an e-mail last week saying 'are you/are you not interested in joining the emirates'.
right?:confused:
and those 3 girls are all from some agency.
right?:confused:
did this agency contacted them in behalf of the emirates or?
maybe agency just wanted to check up on you to see weather to still count on you or not...without emirates having anything to do with that, no? :confused:

this is what i don't get... IF something is happening (let's hope 4 it), why are they still answering the same thing 'nothing yet, but if something happens, we'll call you'. if something is cooking, shouldn't they at least try to give a better/'upgraded' answer? :bored:

Cherry Blossom
27th Aug 2009, 17:47
miss_gloria: Yep, that's right :)

Mari
28th Aug 2009, 00:48
Guys!

Wait for YOUR phone call!

Why do you care about the others??? (I never really got that... especially that most of the people don't even bother to write a good post about the OD or the medicals or the first few weeks in Dubai or anything important. And thanks for the ones for the brilliant, well-written posts and helpful information which I saved on my computer!)

Some people will be contacted soon, some people in 2 months, some in 4 months. Why is it soooo hard to understand??? Maybe they need 50 people from October and 150 from December. Who knows?! (I don't. Only thing I know: Emirates doesn't need new people this year. They handle the new aircrafts with the present number of crew.)

If they need more Koreans (language speakers), obviously they will contact them first. If they need boys (the gender-thing on the aircraft), obviously they call them in. If too many Australians resigned (the turnover rate is the highest - and the sick days, as well), they will need new ones because of those flights. (Funny but I think Brits stay longer because of the sun. Really.) If they want to put people directly on the 380, they might want experienced (Qantas, Ryanair, EasyJet, BA, anything) people who made it through the OD earlier this year.

I'm sure that EVERYBODY who made it this year will be contacted sooner or later. Stay motivated.

Someone wrote that it is not fair to wait for ODs. Why??? I think it's fair to give a chance to those WHO ALREADY MADE THROUGH THE INTERVIEWS and since then just waiting patiently to join Emirates. Is it fair that it's recession and people are losing their jobs??? That's life.

Anyways, I wouldn't expect any ODs, just Assessment Days because other companies are not hiring now (except Ryanair and Qatar) and I wouldn't think that two tiny recruiter ladies could handle 3000 candidates showing up for an OD in London from all over Europe...

You must have an impressive CV with an appropriate photo, at least. I just hope that all these impatient people really are "ideal" candidates, otherwise you won't make it through the first round.

When 9/11 happened, EK stopped recruitment. For 1 year. What is one year??? Nothing! (It's going to be March 2010 from the stop.) The recession is not even over yet and the recovery lasts years - as always.

East Rose
28th Aug 2009, 11:25
It seems to me that you have too much questions at the very beginning:) Yes, I was contacted by that recruitment agency but later, yesterday, they answered me that Emirates asked them to contact with me as with a candidate to join and that they didn't get any information more from the recruitment management of Emirates. They let me know as soos as they get new instructions. That's all:) Very easy! Don't make things more difficult as they are in fact:) Be positive and motivated!
Of course, I'd like to join them as soon as possible but I'm also thankful for this delay as I have started to learn German and Persian, and I have already reached some success! So, I wish you be patient and full of hope:)

ccARG
29th Aug 2009, 02:33
Hi everyone! I also received both an email and a subsequent phone call from the local recruitment agency in Argentina.
Basically, they wanted to know if I'm still interested in applying for the cabin crew position. I of course said yes, so they asked me to email them a signed letter saying that in writing.
I probed for an estimate date, but they just said that I have to wait. I also asked what would the next course of action be, provided that I get the phone call from Emirates, and they said that I would have to attend a final interview with the Emirates recruiters, no OD or AD.
I am one of the people who got the "we will contact you in 6-9 months" email BEFORE we were confirmed or even given a DOJ.
Saludos!

ek412syd
30th Aug 2009, 13:36
Hi Guys, I have been cabin crew with Emirates for 3 years and currently a Business Class Cabin crew main fleet.

As far as I know, EK will freeze Recruitment until further notice, because the existing crews like us are offered Unpaid Leave up to 3 months. Which means, it is very difficult to recruit more people when the people already working here is asked to take some holiday.

However, there will be new A380 aircrafts coming in next year, the company is strong in many areas of Aviation, I think you guys just need to be patient. Goodluck!

Aeromar27
30th Aug 2009, 15:31
Friend of mine told me that during her last SEP (last week), the trainers let everyone know that they are expecting ab-initios in november. That might be the waiting list people. Be calm, relax, don't get nervous and just wait.

Good luck everybody, see you there, you'll love it! (i hope they still consider me a rejoiner :)

Mari
31st Aug 2009, 08:19
Yes, it's true, recruitment starts end of this year! I heard it from my friend as well who just did SEP: ab-initio courses will be running in Nov/Dec/Jan for those selected from the holding pool.

After getting the results from the current financial year (ends end of March), I'm sure they will consider recruitment campaignes (ODs, ADs worldwide), as well.

Mari
31st Aug 2009, 13:28
Don't even try, Ecir!

I will let them know to apply ONLY on the homepage as ALL open days and assessment days are advertised there.

Thank you for your post and good-bye!

jaye
31st Aug 2009, 13:33
soooo ....

Whats everyone been doing with the time they've been given to prepare for AD/OD? I'm already using it to my advantage but could use some inspiration from anyone else willing to share their ideas :ok:

I'm doing:

first aid course
brushing up my high school German
a short course in sign language,
volunteering in a homeless shelter kitchen preparing and serving meals.What about you? :)

Mari
31st Aug 2009, 14:33
Dear Jaye,

it means there is someone who actually understands the meaning of "ideal candidate" and try to be better than the others... Are you for real?!

- first aid course: it's great, they love it! Nurses pass the first round for sure, first aid is really an advantage. (They love it!) My friend who attended the OD with me used to be a lifeguard. It's a ceritficate you should mention for sure.

- German: EK is always short of German speakers! (Lots of German destinations - twice a day - but not enough German speakers. Why? There are lots of airlines in Germany and the salary in euros is not that attractive. Not too many crew from Germany, although some Eastern-Europeans do speak German.) Only fluent language knowledge should be mentioned in your cv, though! Just a hint: I'm a German speaker but I was never tested... If you can read the PA, you should be fine. (Most of the Germans speak English, anyways. If not: sorry, there are 22 dialects - it's true! - I just don't understand, sorry. I don't understand Swiss German... it's just too different.)

- sign language: that's great! You might need it. (And most likely you will get some prize for your special care. I'm serious. It would help with your promotion.)

- volunteer work: there was a Korean girl hired from London (from London!!! sooo many applicants from Europe) who actually had a background of taking care of an old, sick man in England. I'm telling you, the recruiters almost burst into tears when she told her story...

Try to balance your CV.

I hope your age is right, you look good (I mean nice skin, no tattoos, piercings), your weight is normal and you have some customer service experience. These are mimimum requirements.

The recruiters go through your CV and they will decide in 30 seconds if you're good enough for the second round.

I guess you already know how your grooming should be and how to act during group discussions and how to answer the interview questions.

So, you only need a bit of luck. I cross my fingers for you!!!

jaye
31st Aug 2009, 15:41
aww thanks hun yep I have a big background in nursing and care work. i started training to be a nurse but had to leave the course after one year because my father was very ill, but since then I've worked in elderly homes and with disabled people. And i did a lot of shop work and restaurant work between the ages of 15 and 21 (im 24 now). My german sucks but i'm giving it a go haha I did it for 6 years in school and got all A's but I can hardly remember any of it now and as for the sign language, it was just something I wanted to do and my local college does a course for one hour every wednesday night so i signed up to keep myself busy. I'm thinking I might even sign up for a public speaking course they do as well, just for the hell of it. I mean it can't hurt, right? :)

I've got no tattoos, quite a few piercings (18 to be exact - 2 are visible so they're coming out, and i'm not sure if they would count my tongue piercing as visible or not but either way im gonna take it out just incase)

I just really hate feeling like someone has pressed the pause button on my life so im doing as much as possible to keep myself ridiculously busy and building up my CV at the same time. The last 6 months have gone in sooo quickly I'm sure the next 6 will too and then they'll be recruiting again before we know it! :ok:

Mikejr
31st Aug 2009, 18:33
Thank you!
http://www.business24-7.ae/Articles/2009/8/Pages/29082009/08302009_0c8218bccf944bd9b06506ee56c9415b.aspx

Milena
1st Sep 2009, 00:47
First of all thanks jaye for saying you like my name :)

Guys, i have been talking with my family about this, co's they always ask me when i am going to leave. I have a friend who works for Qatar, and she answered all my doubts, she told me that it wasn't terrible , etc. Co's ive been waiting for emirates to come, but now i know that the first persons to go will be the ones who had been selected. So , next year they will have open days, i don't know when. For me it's very complicated because i wanted to work with them but now, i am thinking that all that stuff about going home before 10:00 , and study with women the initial course, it really doesnt bother me at all. Why? because i am not the kind of person who is hanging around after ten o'clock and the initial course is only a month and then that's it. I would like to hear your opinions guys, because my friends don't have any idea about this, and how does this feel but i know you do. Please, it would help me to read what you think and that way i could clear my mind. Thank you all again, you have been very important to me in this moment.

xoxo http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

Mari
1st Sep 2009, 07:49
If you really think it's OK, go for it.

Be aware that you need to wait 12 months after resignation if you want to join Emirates or Etihad later on. (I don't know if it also applies if you complete your 3-year-contract. No idea.)

And the money is worse, as well.

You can survive years there for sure. They are very strict and suck people for breaking the rules. No second chance!

In my personal opinion it must be very difficult for most of the people, especially for Australians, Western-Europeans and British.

If you are tough (let's say: worked on a cruise ship 7 days a week and shared a little cabin with 2 others) and need the money (you consider this salary good comparing it with your salary now), give it a chance. I'm sure it won't be very shocking after reading all the comments in the Qatar-topic.

You are young, can't you wait 6-12 months for an EK or EY open day? You cannot loose: Qatar is ALWAYS looking for people. Try the two others first and go for Qatar if you didn't make with the UAE-based airlines.

That's what I should do for sure.

Oh, I just looked at your age. Are you 20?????? What experience do you have????? You will have plenty of opportunity to become a cabin crew.

jaye
1st Sep 2009, 10:10
Don't go to Qatar just because you are tired of waiting for Emirates. You really will regret it hun. The day will come when Emirates will be recruiting in full swing again. And on that day, you dont want to be stuck at an airline you didnt want to be with but took cos they were your only option.

Look into Qatar and research research research. Every airline has good and bad to it so make sure you find out as much as possible about both.

I know you say you wouldnt mind the curfew because you dont want to be out past 10pm anyway, but wouldnt you like the option? Wouldnt you rather be at EK or EY and still home for 10pm because you want to be, rather than because you're forced to be?

If you can honestly say that if you were offered the position of both Emirates and Qatar and would seriously consider taking Qatar, then go for it! But if you're only thinking about Qatar because they are the easiest road to becoming CC at the moment then I would strongly advise you to hold on for a few more months and wait for EK or EY.

lucy21
1st Sep 2009, 11:03
I have just received an email direct from Emirates asking me to confirm my interest in pursuing a career with them, they're looking at their first new intake being towards the end of this calendar year/beginning of next year - I feel so excited inside I might burst and I'm sitting at work so I can't tell anyone about it!!!!! So many things running through my mind, I've confirmed my interest so now I'll just wait and see - re-interview will be next I think.
The email says; 'Please note that at this stage there is no definite confirmation of an exact date as to when out next course intake will be due mainly to the still unclear commercial 'landscape' that our airline is operating within' They also mention their holding pool in the email so I'd assume they're going to take people from that first in which case new AD's and OD's would probably be mid to late next year for all those of you who haven't yet been interviewed. They also say 'we would be needing to meet you again to determine your continued suitability to join us as crew.' so we will all have to be interviewed again! x

pinkylicious
1st Sep 2009, 11:10
Hi Guys!!
I'm sooo happy, I received the mail too!!!!

Good luck to all the others !!!

pinkylicious
1st Sep 2009, 11:42
Hey guys,

I received exactly same mail as Lucy21 to confirm interest to join EK.
So it's true that recruitment will re-commence for those who are on hold, bcos training courses are going to be held end of year to begining of year.( on the email I received it it's confirmed.)

They also state that it is not an offer of employment but it's another chance at an interview to assess what we have done in the meantime we were in holding pool.

So look out for your inbox for your emails and wish you all good luck!!:ok:

jaye
1st Sep 2009, 11:53
OMG congratulations!!

I really am sooo happy and excited for you guys! I feel like I wanna scream and tell people and it doesnt even affect me haha.

Well done, you really deserve this feeling u have now and good luck in your interviews!!

:D

pinkylicious
1st Sep 2009, 11:57
Hi Jaye,

You will get your mail very soon too!!!
and thank you for your enthusiasm!

I am at work right now and I couldn't even scream out loud for the happiness lol!!
Are you also on hold like the rest of us??

asturiano
1st Sep 2009, 12:03
I have received the email also! Feeling really happy although I consider a bit unfair the matter of having another more interview since we demonstrate our potential trough out the long selection process once + all drama suffered afterwards. Well... Such is life. Hoping at least that the interview will be very easy and relaxed.
I guess they really want to check our physical state, with this I mean, that we havent lost an arm or suddenly got scars or marks in our faces during this waiting period.

Anyone there left from the Open day in Seville? Please message me.

Good luck people!

jaye
1st Sep 2009, 12:22
I dont know why I'm so excited lol I've never even been to an AD lol :L

I think its just cos I know what it means to everyone on here so it makes me happy that you're all so happy. Ok i'm a weird and a bit too empathetic for my own good lol. I wanna hug you all! :O

You should just scream and jump up and down and cry with happiness then when they ask whats up just say "nothing" lol.

pinkylicious
1st Sep 2009, 12:44
LOL, you are so sweeeeet!!

I believe you will be an ideal candidate for any airline!!
I guess recruitment worldwide will start middle of next year so you can go ahead and apply!

Best wishes!

jaye
1st Sep 2009, 13:09
aww thank you. I hope so - that kind of time frame would be perfect for me, it would give me enough time to iron out a few kinks in my CV and to polish up some things. I'd be heartbroken if I spent 18 months preparing and didnt get in though haha! no, no , no .... positive mental attitude!! :ok:

btw does anyone know of an airline that gives a similar package to Emirates ie accommodation and bills paid etc. My friend is really interested in becoming CC and doesnt mind moving abroad for it but she doesnt want to work in the Middle East and thinks the only way she could afford to relocate is if a lot of the living expenses were covered by the company. Thanks for any input you lovely lot! :)

filwa
1st Sep 2009, 14:39
hello everyone,
just to share that i have got the same email(directly from EK) as pinkylicious,and lucy21,as i am very excited at the moment,i didn't read through all of it yet !MY GOD !!finally .
will keep you guys updated !
cheers

pinkylicious
1st Sep 2009, 15:28
hehe i'm sooooo happy for me and for everyone who got THE Email!!!

Now the final hurdle is the interview we have to attend!!

Any ideas how to prepare for it?? will it be like the Final Interview??

xoxo

lucy21
1st Sep 2009, 15:34
Thanks to Jaye - you seem so happy for us I'm sure you'll go far with such a caring disposition!

As for preparation I think it'll be exactly like the Final Interview (the easiest part in my opinion!) and they'll just want to ask similar questions - I imagine it will be competency based like the last time (give me an example of etc etc) they'll probably want to know that we've not been sitting on our backsides since we were put on hold as well so it's another opportunity to big ourselves up. Lets face it we've done it once how hard can it be a second time around?! xx

PS I forgot to say in my last post, if there's any cc wannabes that haven't been through the recruitment process yet and you want any info feel free to ask - just PM me!

Mikejr
1st Sep 2009, 15:54
This mean I will eventually go through the whole process from the beginning again. I am so overjoyed, delighted, thrilled, excited. Absolutely ecstatic
Can...t wait. The wind is helping me out here with it and I can barely feel it. I feel it coming, I mean.:D
Congratulations to you all of whom made to holding pool.:sad:

tiniviel
1st Sep 2009, 16:37
Hi... I got the e-mail as well...
my OD was in January and DOJ mid march....
letter is directly from Emirates so I guess now some more waiting which I dont mind. Nice to see Emirtes recovering and that we are not forgotten

Pozdrav!

pinkylicious
1st Sep 2009, 20:19
As far as I know, only middle eastern airlines offer accomodation so it's Qatar Airways, Etihad, Gulf Air, Kuwait etc...

But i'm not sure so maybe someone here would give you the correct feedback..

P.S: I can't believe that your friend doesn't want to re-locate in a country such as Dubai, because it's a WONDERFUL place!!!

jaye
1st Sep 2009, 21:29
ha yeah shes weird. One of her dreams is to be CC and the other is to live in America or Australia so I think shes trying to do them both at once.

pinkylicious
1st Sep 2009, 21:44
Guys and girls,

I'm just asking a totally different question now that just was nagging me abit:

I've been thinking for a while to have a complete hair makeover: like golden highlights or something done to my hair ( I'm a brunette ) and I remember somwhere in the grooming leaflet that emirates gave me, that we are not allowed to do have hair color streaks or something...
I'm abit confused about it and i don't want to make any mistakes now that I have been contacted ( who knows if they do not like my new appearance or something) and the photos they have of me are ones with my black hair ( not natural though cos i have tinted my hair countless times!!)

I'm asking this because grooming is an important thing for CC.

Any advice??:)

Thanks!

Milena
1st Sep 2009, 22:24
Hi , thank you for giving me advice. I do have experience, ive worked for a national airline that went bankrupt. In my country you only need 18 years and you are legal. But there are only 2 airlines now so there are no vacancies hahaha

Milena
1st Sep 2009, 22:30
don't do anything to your hair :=untill you get the job and then ask the persons there if you can do that to your hair . :}

Mari
2nd Sep 2009, 07:06
Jaye,

the only and most important question is: what passport your friend is holding. She wants to relocate from where to where?!

She should familiarize herself with the rules first. For example:

- If you are Australian, you cannot work in the UK as you don't have an EU passport.
- If you are Slovak, you cannot work in Germany even though you have an EU passport because the labour market is closed in some EU-countries for some nationalities till 2012.
- If you want to work in Switzerland, you need to have an EU passport as well, even though Switzerland is not part of the EU.
- If you want to work in the US, you need a greeen card to work, even though Australians and British don't need a visa.
- If you want to work in Australia, you need to have a valid work permit. For example if you want to work for Qantas. (It is written with huge capital letters on the homepage.) And you cannot relocate from London (QantasUK). The same story for the ones who are based in London and work for Air New Zeland.

Whatever she wants to do, she needs money. The easiest way to save a significant amount is to complete 3-4 contracts on a cruise ship. Or work for Emirates but she doesn't want to live in the Middle-East. (Note: you can only save if you have the right attitude.) You can try gambling, as well...

I heard about two other ailrines beside the Middle-Eastern ones offering accomodation:
- Cathay Pacific, only in Hong-Kong base, not in London (a crew told me)
- Kingfisher, India (accomodation provided only for non-Indians, a saw an ad before)

lucy21
2nd Sep 2009, 08:33
Hi atlanticman, I was invited to an assessment day by Emirates after applying on their website, I had my Final Interview in October, my DOJ was February as my medicals took FOREVER to sort out (docs lost my blood test results!) I would think that both those candidates who applied through a recruitment agency and those who applied direct are all in the same holding pool. Hope that helps! x

RyanSydney
2nd Sep 2009, 10:18
I got the same email from emirates, my DOJ was late feb.

what have i been doing since then?
working 12 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week and putting my money toward flight training and gaining my pilots licence.

dont know what im going to do now?

7 days a week work to become a pilot, or go and relax in dubai as CC?

oh well, time will tell.....

good luck to everyone

mother hen
2nd Sep 2009, 11:08
wasn't sure if all you people waiting to apply to EK had seen that they've opened recruiting again and they're inviting people to apply on line for cabin crew jobs on the careers page of their web site.

Best of luck to all.

want_to_fly
2nd Sep 2009, 11:15
Hey guys this is such wonderful news for all of us! And congratulations to those who got the email I am so excited for you guys! I went for an interview early January and made it to the end but received an email to say I should try again :( But like some of you guys I've made my time since the rejection to prepare myself for a better candidate

Left hospitality (after 4 years) to work in high end luxury retail
Practiced my Mandarin, Malay and Cantonese speaking skills
Volunteered to help my local church Sunday SchoolI hope what I did is enough to make myself competitive.
Keep on praying guys! we're nearly there :-)

pinkylicious
2nd Sep 2009, 11:16
guys!!
Recruitment has opened in Dubai!!!
check the website!!!
I don't know if they are gonna recruit globally though!
EK is back on track!!:ok:

jaye
2nd Sep 2009, 12:32
Would you think I was a total freak if I told you I really had to fight to hold back tears of happiness reading that? You would? Ok i'll keep my mouth shut then haha.

btw as for highlighting your hair, go for it, as long as its natural highlights obviously and doesnt look too mental. I've seen looadds of social network profiles of girls working at EK who have highlighted their hair.

When they say no to streaky hair, they must mean as in trendy, fashionable, unconservative hair

ie this is fine:

http://www.hairstylepictureshairstyles.net/hair-style-picture-highlights-threelyblessed-haircuts.jpg

this isn't:

http://www.hairstyleschat.com/images/emo-hairstyles.jpg

Mari
2nd Sep 2009, 14:16
BEFORE everybody falls into euphoria and starts stating the fact about the Emirates e-mail...

If you were able to register before the freeze, you already received the following automatic e-mail from EK:

Dear Miss E... S..., New jobs have been posted on our career website that match your job preference criteria

Emirates Cabin Crew Opportunities

Job Reference: S-I/SN/13391
Department: Cabin Crew
Company: Emirates airlineLocation: Dubai, United Arab Emirates

As I thought, the first (necessery) recruitment events will be in Dubai:

Candidates may also appear in person and submit their CV, passport size and full length photographs at the new Emirates Group Headquarters near Dubai International Airport, Ground Floor, Entrance B, on 6th September 2009 between 4:00pm and 5:00pm.

It's just registration, assessments will be later.

I don't see any recovery, though...

People resigned, people got fired, people got pregnant, nobody was hired since March and new aircrafts are coming. Some new cabin crew are needed. No surprise there.

Recruitment campaigns will most likely to start nex year. Maybe spring.

Mikejr
2nd Sep 2009, 16:11
I knew It was coming over. I could have felt it within my stomach. It's been almost nine(9) months of waiting already, Funny time frame. The ''baby'' is coming out within right time for conceiving, literally speaking. 'Cos The AD I attended occurred back in December 13th of 2008. It was absolutely awesome. Thanks, and it feels like yesterday!!! Best time to conceive. LOL
So great news!

Read the following below:
Suitable candidates will be short listed and contacted for the selection process.

Please bring a valid UAE driving license, a UAE original health card or an original passport as identification to gain entrance to the building.

Most likely they are now looking for Arabic speakers and UAE citizens, in my point of view.
Congratulations for thos whom made it so far!!!!:)

Sas1986
2nd Sep 2009, 18:14
I received an update email today stating that cabin crew recruitment is starting again.

I just spoke to my friend who works for Emirates at the moment. He said they got told two days ago that recruitment will resume and that recruitment/training will start in October.

Good luck to you all in the holding pool with your final interviews :ok: and good luck to those applying now.

x

jaye
2nd Sep 2009, 18:30
I'm sure the fact that they have posted on the website for the first time since the freeze means things are starting to move now. It might be a while until the actual Assessment Days are held but at least we know they're starting to plan it.

A current member of CC told me today that she has heard EK will start holding ADs by the end of the year so that training can begin around Mar/April again. I think shes a really trustworthy source as she's the same person who told me she had heard EK would be contacting people in September. And they contacted people on September 1st lol.

jeaniepie
3rd Sep 2009, 09:38
Thank God! if you try to check the EK career website is now open!
thats a good news for all of us!!:ok::D

pinkylicious
3rd Sep 2009, 21:12
Happy to see everyone so happy regarding this news....

Keep it up guys and re-apply when global recruitment starts!

cotita
4th Sep 2009, 03:10
No vacancies in chilean airlines? Are you sure?
I'm pretty sure Lan is hiring right now.
(I'm sorry for talking about a different airline in this thread:})

Milena
4th Sep 2009, 16:24
Yes cotita they are hiring, but the recruitment process is very hard. I went last year to an interview, so did a friend of mine, and we didn't got the job. But since he is 21 years old, he got the job on Emirates so... weird hahahaa :D but i will send again my resume just in case, but if they don't call me for an interview i will try on Emirates. Thanks for your response.

xoxo
:}

cabincat
4th Sep 2009, 16:52
Guys,
I dont often post on here but thought I would share some news with you.
I currently fly for Emirates.
Today I flew with a purser who works in the training college.
She told me she has a very good friend in recruitment and was told that there are currently around 700 people in the 'hold pool' that they are moving forward to bring to Dubai to start training from November.
You will have to attend another 'final' interview to ensure you haven't changed dramatically in appearance or personality.
I understand many of you have already received an email but just thought I would confirm with you what is actually happening as this information is from a very reliable source.
The rest of the recruitment will commence next year.
This is fantastic news for you!!!
Get ready for good times :D

tiniviel
4th Sep 2009, 17:40
I understand we will have to have final interview... problem is WHERE? I had open day in Belgrade... but Im Croatian... Do they send me invitation...come to Belgrade? or it will be phone interview?

Cavalli
5th Sep 2009, 08:55
Hi everyone,
Thank you for sharing all the information about Emirates Crew on hold.
This is my first message and I hope it will help you just as your messages helped me.

Well, I was also put on the hold list in Feb, when my DOJ was only 17 days away at that time. Nasty! but all cool.

I also got the e-mail last week as follows:

Dear Applicant,

We are pleased to finally be back in contact with you following your earlier application to us to be considered as Cabin Crew. It has been some months since we communicated with you in.....f the economic downturn globally and changes to our crew requirements.

Since we ceased our intakes of new crew and placed your application on hold our Service Delivery-Cabin Crew Department has continually been monitoring and analysing their staffing requirements vis-a-vis the many factors affecting our in-flight operations in the current economic climate.

Consequently, ...., there is now a possibility that our Cabin Crew recruitment will recommence later this calendar year to meet the operational requirements of our expanding Airline. Please note that at this stage there is no definite confirmation of an exact date as to w...e' that our airline is operating within. We also have a number of applicants like yourself who were previously assessed and considered to have potential whom we need to reconsider.

The first step in our planning is to determine whether you wish to be considered again for the role of Cabin Crew with our Airline and whether you would be available to potentially join an entry course later this calendar year or early next year. We do highlight to you that given some time has passed since we met and fir....ty to join us as crew. We do wish to stress as well so no confusion, that this communication to you is not an offer of employment by Emirates.

Please send your reply to the email address ...
Once we have confirmation that you remain interested in becoming a Cabin Crew member with Emirates our team will, in due course, advise you of the next steps.

Thank you again for your initial interest in an international Cabin Crew career with our Airline. We look forward to hearing back from you as soon as practical on your decision as to whether you continue to be interested in 'discovering your future' working in our multi-national team based in Dubai.

Yours sincerely,

Cabin Crew Recruitment Management Team

I hope that the "meeting" won't be too hard.
Thanks to Cabincat for the info regards this meeting, it really made me more confident.

Regards
Cavalli

pinkylicious
5th Sep 2009, 09:22
I'm really anxious about this interview...

Do you guys think it will be exactly like the "final" interview? That is with the same questions asking about examples of your experience handling a troublesome client or an experience where you didn't obey the authority...etc...

This time it will be really competitive...I'm sooo worried..

Last time I went to the interview hoping to do my very best and not keeping any hopes at all...but this time after all that I went through, my mind is already made up that this is what I exactly want to do in my life...
I would be really devastated if I wouldn't make it through...
By the way, I have also changed occupation from the last time I met up with Ek, all because of the global recession which I had to change because I wasn't getting paid!!!

I hope it is understandable:rolleyes: Do you think having started working only 3 months back is a negative aspect on my CV?
But I believe it isn't cos the job I have is actually related to customer service...

I don't want to be a nagger..but just wanted to pour my heart out...

Peace xoxo

jaye
5th Sep 2009, 14:14
I'm sure they will understand why you had to leave your job if they werent paying you! lol. I think you're right though, it probably will be very competitive but I'm sure if you just relax and be confident you'll be fine! xx

daphn3
5th Sep 2009, 18:32
anyone here attending the cv submission in dubai? what do you need to wear?

soulatude
5th Sep 2009, 19:46
i am one of the 700 in the holding pool but i havent gotten the email yet. should i be worried??

pinkylicious
5th Sep 2009, 21:16
Hang on..
You will get your mail soon... 700 are ALOT of people!!
I bet they will give all 700 a chance cos they have to be re-considered again rite!!

keep us all posted!

xoxo:ok:

jaye
6th Sep 2009, 14:18
wear something smart and make sure your appearance is neat and groomed. The fact that they are asking people to hand their CV in in person says they will be checking appearances so wear what you would wear to an AD :ok:

atlanticman
7th Sep 2009, 08:35
Hey guys,I m one of those from the holding pool.Today i got an email from the recruitment agency that EK recrutitment team will give me an interview in October 24,which would be about half an hour and if i have any changes in my appearence i should bring new photos.So hang on :)very soon we meet eachother on board!!!!!!!Happy day and good luck!!!xxxxx

RyanSydney
7th Sep 2009, 09:23
hey,
i thought this site would have been a buzz of excitement, because i recieved an email yesterday asking me to come to a "final" meeting at the sydney emirates office in 7 days..

has anyone else recieved this email?
looking forward to getting in there and hopefully getting some feedback.

i got the email asking if i was still interested and i replied and then got this email for the face to face interview the next day.. ?

atlanticman
7th Sep 2009, 09:27
Yeah i got the same email today,but i m gona be on an interview in October 24!!!

Maja2U
7th Sep 2009, 10:24
so if i'm not mistaking, they will call us when they'll be in our country...?
(looks like that's the pattern in previous 2 posts...)
that's bad for some people, but very good for others. depends how often did emirates held their AD's in your country...
for example, i'm from croatia, and they come here every 2 years.
i had to travel to another country for AD. in that country they held it every 3 month...:hmm:

Cavalli
7th Sep 2009, 10:27
Hi guys, that's great news!
You probably the first ones to have been contacted, maybe the location you are based, gender, who knows.

I will wait for my e-mail. I'm based in Auckland and hopefully they will contact me soon and take the agony of my chest.

Good Luck with the interview.

jaye
7th Sep 2009, 10:37
you'll probably be invited to an interview in the country you attended the AD in then. Good luck everyone! xxx:ok:

pinkylicious
7th Sep 2009, 12:30
Hi!!

Didn't you get any more details about your interview??
And where did you attend the OD??

Good Luck!!!

atlanticman
7th Sep 2009, 12:54
Hey..well I attended an AD in Sofia,Bulgaria at the end of november i guess,my DOJ was in February!The email says that my interview will be in October 24 for 30 min,about the photos actually doesnt say a lot...but the agency will contact me when they know the time and the place!!!During the interview DOJ will be considered!!!I guess all the people will be contacted from the holding pool,just be pacient...feel free to ask more of course if i can help..but we are same case anyway!!lol..xxxxxx:)

pinkylicious
7th Sep 2009, 14:11
Thanks for replying!!

So you think we will be told if we succeeded the interview then and there???

I really hope we don't have to wait like one month to hear if we succeeded or not like after the Final Interview...

Have to be patient though!!

Maja2U
7th Sep 2009, 16:19
i'm wondering in which order are they contacting us...:8
maybe by our DOJ...??

when was your 'date of joining' set out to be- februauy, march or april ??

RyanSydney
7th Sep 2009, 19:29
my doj was feb 20 from memory

or maybe feb 16
definately early/mid feb

ill post next week after the interview....

Maja2U
7th Sep 2009, 20:37
mine was 14th Feb...
so it's not by the DOJ...
hmm...:cool:

good luck to you, babe! go kick some ass!:ok:

Aeromar27
8th Sep 2009, 10:58
Does anyone know if this spree of OD's is also for re-joiners who have been away longer than 2 years? (after 2 years away, you need to start from scratch)

Mari
8th Sep 2009, 15:54
Why does it matter?! You NEED to attend an Open Day to re-join, so you need to go through the whole process again. You will see what happens, once you are there.

jaye
8th Sep 2009, 15:59
Of course. They dont have separate ODs for people who have been away for more than 2 years. You're just treated the same as any other new joiner.

joas
8th Sep 2009, 17:12
hi everyboby! i think they call people depending on the cities where they are going, and i know they call everybody from the same interview. it is just gonna be for half an hour, and i dont think we are gonna be a lot as people didnt even have time to decide or buying a plane ticket. i dont think is fair they tell you 5 days before the interview as you need to ask at work for days off, maybe you are taking your holidays in another continent, a lot of things that make you think they are laughing at you.
anyway, even like this we need to go to the interview like stupid and say how great this company is. :ugh::ugh:

good luck to whoever goes there.

soulatude
8th Sep 2009, 18:10
my DOJ was 27th feb and i havent got the email yet. have they forgotten abt me?? lol

Maja2U
8th Sep 2009, 19:10
don't worry...:) it's not by the DOJ.
they'll send it, you'll see! :ok:

we just need to stick together and exchange informations.
at the end, we'll all be colleagues.! :p:8

Dubai Bound
8th Sep 2009, 21:51
Hi everyone,

Glad to back on the forum once again with hopes of getting hired with Emirates for real this time. I had my interview in New York City and had a DOJ of March 6th.
Anyone else on here get a withdrawl that interviewed in New York City or anywhere in the USA???
I have replied to their email letting them know I am still interested and patiently but anxiously waiting to hear what I need to do next. From other posts it seems like all I would have to do is meet up with them for final approval. I am wondering when they will make the trip to the US so I can get my chance.
If anyone from the USA is in my position, feel free to email at [email protected] so we can keep in touch and keep each other up-to-date when we hear something.......
Good Luck to Everyone......:ok:

cielazur
9th Sep 2009, 00:03
Hi guys

Anybody with information on where new joiners will be put up? I heard on the grapevine that EK is building a crew city, as well as many current crew moving to the TECOM building. Any news?

lucy21
9th Sep 2009, 12:40
Hi all,

I interviewed in London and just this morning received an email inviting me to a re-assessment next Tuesday 15th September at 14.30 whoop whoop!! It does state in the email that the re-interviews can't be re-aranged if you can't attend so you'd have to wait until they recruit next time. Obviously I'm going - can't wait, you have to do a personality questionnaire like last time but this time you have to do it on line before you go to the interview. Same advice as before re; appearance - ladies business attire, knee-length skirt with skin coloured stockings and if hair is shoulder length ensure it is tied back. Just thought I'd let you all know, by the way I interviewed October 7th 2008 and my DOJ was Feb 09 (due to delays with my medicals).

Good luck everyone xoxoxo

jaye
9th Sep 2009, 12:49
congratulations! Glad you're having such a great day :)
Good luck next week, and be sure to come on and let us know how it went. Hopefully you wont have delays with your medicals this time and you'll be seeing the world in no time! yay you! :ok:

xxx

opuneczka
9th Sep 2009, 18:21
Hi & congrats to everyone who got the email!!!
I have a question: has anyone from POLAND got the email yet? I'm just wondering if they're really taking location into consideration.

Don't lose hope people :ok:

Mikejr
9th Sep 2009, 19:07
First Gulf metro system opens in Dubai Tomorrow, September 10th. SCORE :eek:

Now, The stations open on launch are Rashidiya, Airport Terminal 3, Deira City Center, Al Rigga, Union, Khaleed bin Al Waleed, Al Jafiliya, DIFC, Mall of the Emirates and Nakheel Harbour and Tower

pinkylicious
10th Sep 2009, 09:15
Is there anyone from Italy who was on hold and was re-contacted for an interview??

I guess we should all stick together and update each and everyone..:)

soulatude
10th Sep 2009, 17:55
Anyone who did their FI in Singapore got the email yet??????

jaye
10th Sep 2009, 22:46
OMG you guys i'm so confused by something.

on another messageboard someone posted a thread asking about EK interviews looking for advice about what the day entails because they have an interview with them on Monday. That to me sounded like it was someone who had never been to an AD or OD before rather than someone in the holding pool (otherwise they would know what to expect, right?)

Someone else posted in the thread asking if they were new applicant or in the holding pool.

Then a third person posted saying they also have an interview on Monday and that they are a new applicant.

WTF? They're interviewing completely new applicants?! What about the people in the holding pool who still havent even received an email asking if they are still interested in working with EK? By the way both of these people who have interviews on Monday are from the UK.

Does anyone have any further info on this?

Confused. (and slightly excited, but also a bit worried i've somehow managed to completely miss the UK assessment day!)

uek993
10th Sep 2009, 23:58
hey there!!
the 6 th of september was a big CHAOS at the emirates headquaters (DUBAI)since emirates is hiring!!anwyayz i never got a call back , its been 5 days (worried) , any1 here was there at the venue or got a call? please let me know!!

filwa
11th Sep 2009, 04:03
to Jaye:
i just read that forum you talked about !
as they(one of them stated he/she is new applicant) mentioned the interview is going to be next monday which is on 14 Sept,right?

due to what Lucy21 said,the re-interview is on 15 Sept,if they both happen at the same "place" in UK,then obviously EK is hiring new people !

14th could be OD and 15th is AD/FI,
hm...seems those in the"holding pool" dosen't have many "privileges" !
:{:ugh:

but a good news for new applicants !

etihadCC
11th Sep 2009, 07:41
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone knows when EK will start hiring for crew again and start going to different countries to recruit. If anyone knows something that would be appreciated.

thankxx

Mari
11th Sep 2009, 09:06
Yes.

MT GlobalExperts is an international online Recruitment Agency specialising in supporting airlines and organising Cabin Crew Recruiting Days world-wide.

Recruiting Campaign in Sofia, Bulgaria will be:

24- Pre-selection Day
25- Screening day
26-27 - Individual Interviews

Emirates Airline - Cabin Crew Recruitig Campaign , (http://www.best-aviation-jobs.com/en/jobs/preview_job/2641/2641/Emirates+Airline+-+Cabin+Crew+Recruitig+Campaign)

pinkylicious
11th Sep 2009, 09:41
So I now I get it!!

Atlanticman got his date for interview on Oct 24th...and he attended the OD in Sofia, Bulgaria!!
And other candidates are getting selected on 14th-15th ( both those withdrawn and new applicants) in London..

So Ek seems to be planning on getting new people as well....
hmmmm

pinkylicious
11th Sep 2009, 09:45
Guys,

Check out this link!!

The Recruitment Process | Cabin Crew | Explore Our Careers | Emirates Group Careers Centre (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/english/Careers_Overview/cabin_crew/recruitment_process/default.aspx)

AD's in Australia, Brisbane! Jaye you can apply now!!

atlanticman
11th Sep 2009, 09:59
Yeah..I hold my interview here in Sofia,and i m attending this sort of final interview again here oin October 24,the next day EK r givin interviews again,I heard they need many people and guys we r gona to be trained for A380...however the people from the holding pool will be taken before the new aplicants anyway,it means before new year,trainers r called to start in november or whateva...so guys be pacient we all gona be there and enjoy our great job!!!Have a great day!!!xxxx

jaye
11th Sep 2009, 10:07
Isn't that the ****tiest thing ever though? ( I mean not for me obviously haha ) but for the people who went through all that last year/early this year, got through and have been waiting all this time expecting to hear from them and thinking its not been cancelled just delayed..... then they start looking for new people instead of using them?! weird.

Thanks babe! Well noticed :ok: Still not sure, and still thinking the same things I told you in that facebook email, but if you never try, you'll never know right?
xxxxxx

pinkylicious
11th Sep 2009, 10:14
Oh believe me you should try for the AD on 30th Sept!!
You will never know if you never go for it!!

Cmon be a sport and next time I wanna hear you describe everything that went on there!:ok:

jaye
11th Sep 2009, 10:33
am I being really stupid here? I cant see anything about an AD in brisbane in that link :confused: excuse my blonde-ness haha

xxx

jaye
11th Sep 2009, 10:35
oh never mind, i got it now. duh! turns out I WAS being stupid lol
xx

want_to_fly
11th Sep 2009, 11:09
Turns out I cant attend the Brisbane AD because I made it to the final interview earlier this year in January :-( I have to wait for a whole year before I can attend an AD again!! waaaaaahhhhh:sad:

jaye
11th Sep 2009, 11:28
dude thats only 3 months away, its gonna go in really quick. Think about something you did in June - I bet it doesnt feel like long ago. 3 months is nada! You're gonna get through this time for def :ok:

Jazz85: Assessment days are already planned for London, and Brisbane, and somewhere else I cant remember off the top of my head. More will follow soon for sure. Yay!

filwa
11th Sep 2009, 13:10
etihadCC and JAZZ85, FYI

(Emirates Recruitment (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/CabinCrewOpenDays.aspx?j=f&pub=/english))

Global Open Days for September 2009
Spain, Seville
Ref No: CC/BB/1341513-Sep-200909:00
Melia Lebreros Luis De Morales, 2, 41018,
Seville Spain Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=60F315BFF1E35A97)

Global Assessment Days for September 2009

United Kingdom, London
Ref No: CC/BB/1341614-Sep-200909:00 am Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx?AdvNo=5C74FA464D2B298F)
Serbia & Montenegro, Belgrade
Ref No: CC/BB/1341830-Sep-200909:00 am Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx?AdvNo=80157048B733ECA6)
Australia, Brisbane
Ref No: CC/BB/1341730-Sep-200909:00 am Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx?AdvNo=677BC3EDF8DB6B76)

99heyho
11th Sep 2009, 17:31
But i dont see any OD dates in the website.

jaye
11th Sep 2009, 19:55
They arent open days hun, they are assessment days :)

LuckyGreen
11th Sep 2009, 21:57
is there anyone going to Brisban from Melbourne for the interview?
soooo excited, i can not wait to go, i had my final interview last year in Jun, i,ve been waiting for one and half year to go to the interview again... hahaha...

kenyan85
12th Sep 2009, 01:43
Hi guys, anyone from Kenya? I'm excited but apprehensive at the same time. I made it to the FI last time so I'm not giving up. And guess what - the rest were female so I pretty much have faith that I'll do good! If anyone hears about NBO Assessment Days let me know! Much love x

etihadCC
12th Sep 2009, 08:25
Hey all,

Does anyone here know if EK is going to be hiring for Canadian crew any time soon??

thankxxx

Hazalina
12th Sep 2009, 10:50
Hey guys... i was going through this forum, so i just applied recently meaning that i have to wait like a year for them to come and call me for an interview? man..... anyone please tell me something here... :ugh:

Nabil888
12th Sep 2009, 11:03
:ok:hey guys ,i am gonna drop my cv tomorrow in dubai's od
i dont know if it's okay i dont wear suit?does it really matter ,cuz we just drop the cv,thank you guys help me out.

Maja2U
12th Sep 2009, 20:52
thay are coming to kenya?? they don't have that written anywhere on their site. they have serbia, uk and australia..:}

LuckyGreen
12th Sep 2009, 21:54
i can not see anything on the website now, after i updated my application, the webpage has dispeared. is there anyone know why?

kenyan85
12th Sep 2009, 23:25
Yes, they do come to Kenya. It's just that the complete assessment days schedule isn't out yet, but they have OD's and AD's in my lovely country. Can't wait!

Callmachine
13th Sep 2009, 05:11
Hey Everyone, I was wondering if anyone here could help answer a question I have. I'm thinking about applying for the BNE assessment day which I understand is invite only. If I apply and do not receive an invite, do I then have to wait six months before attending an open day which anyone can attend? Thanks guys!!:ok:

want_to_fly
13th Sep 2009, 09:01
Hi Callmachine!

If you dont get invited you do not have to wait another 6 months to re-apply. You will have to wait 6 months if you made it through to the group stage and failed, and a year if you made it right through to the 1 on 1 interview. I went to the BNE interview earlier this year and made it to the end. So therefore I have to wait for a full year before I can re-apply again.

Hope that helps!

Maja2U
13th Sep 2009, 12:40
am I crazy or sevilla,/spain vanished from the Open days list on their site???:confused:

valensi
13th Sep 2009, 15:19
I've been invited to an interview this coming Wednesday - I only applied last week and wasn't expecting a response so quick!

Now, it says 'preliminary' interview in the email - so I assume this will take the form of an Assessment Day? Reach test, English Test, Group Exercise etc. It doesn't explicitly say 'assessment day' and its not advertised on the website - confused.com!

If anyone got the same email or has been through the process could clear this up for me? Coz I need to know whether to book a full or half day off work (will probably do full just to be sure!)

merci a tous =)

filwa
13th Sep 2009, 15:32
to Maja2U

just click here --->Emirates Recruitment (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/CabinCrewOpenDays.aspx?j=f&pub=/english)

then you will see the Open day in spain,don't use "search",it is there on the "cabin crew" part of the website,OD is one of the options at the left hand side ! it's there ! unless something wrong with my eyes !

Maja2U
13th Sep 2009, 20:42
thanks, filwa! :ok:
i really don't like 'the new and improved site'.. i get lost all the time.:ugh:
the previous one was better, but... :oh:

anyway, i really don't get what's happening with those 'come to an interview' e-mails and in which order are they doing it.
they have a date set for serbia for 17days and we still didn't get anything... we replied to their first e-mail 10days ago... :{
isn't it normal that they send us an invitation?? :confused:
come on, emirates, i'm ready to 'discover the world' with ya! :p

iio78
14th Sep 2009, 08:33
hello boys and girls,
can anyone tell me a number for HR or where can i find it?
by the way yesterday in dxb were like 300 people with their resumes and it takes a week to get the call, so i understand

Mari
14th Sep 2009, 08:53
If 300 people attended in Dubai, can you imagine how many applications they get for a London assessment?! Thousands...

grantlu
14th Sep 2009, 09:49
That’s why they rather do the assessment than open day.
300 people is pretty usual, in Asia city like Bangkok, usually over thousands people show up on 1st day, and only single numbers get into final.

Mari
14th Sep 2009, 10:01
Maja, I don't see Sevilla either any more... Nothing under Information Open Days at all.

Keep checking the homepage, maybe it will re-appear again...

valensi
14th Sep 2009, 12:37
Anyone know what I'm supposed to bring to a 'preliminary interview'? Just myself? CV? Photos? References? EK don't give much away in their email correspondance!

merci a tous et toutes!

pinkylicious
14th Sep 2009, 19:55
OD in Seville, Spain has vanished!!

Maybe they are hopefully doing some modifications to add more OD's for september??:}

filwa
15th Sep 2009, 04:32
my opinion about OD in Seville, Spain no longer there on the website is ..it WAS on 13th Sept, and it's done,so they removed it ! Same as AD in London on 14 Sept.. gone already!

hm..i start to wonder if EK really want us back ! or interview new applicants is actually easier for them !:sad:

grantlu
15th Sep 2009, 06:06
Why not think the other way around…

Maybe because of:
‧ around 700 people in holding pool, the survey is not completed done yet.
‧ less than 700 people still interested in to join.
‧ company saving cost, rather running the ODs or Ads in certain cities while they are interviewing those people from holding pool.
‧ however, due to new fleet keep expending, numbers of new crew need to meet the fleet requirement, so recruitment team need to be well prepared.

Before they say NO to you, everything is possible. Believe in yourself will show up in Dubai with Emirates uniform after few months. Who knows.

So why not relax and be patient.

nadiatcp
15th Sep 2009, 07:44
the open day in sevilla was done the 13th september this is why they delete it from the website.only 35 people went to the open day and they took 9(i read it in a spanish forum)

pinkylicious
15th Sep 2009, 13:12
I just checked the EK website and they have made the following changes already:

GLOBAL ASSESSMENT DAYS

SOFIA, BULGARIA ON 25TH OCT 2009

OPEN DAYS

BELGRADE, SERBIA ON 30TH SEPT 2009
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA ON 30TH SEPT 2009

so my belief is that those are the only locations we will get for the whole month of september.

I hope Lucy21 is doing her interview today and I wish her all the very best!!:ok:

Hope she will update us soon on what went on!

Callmachine
15th Sep 2009, 13:21
Thanks so much for clarifying want to fly.:ok: When is your 12 months up?
I went to apply for the assessment day tonight and I noticed they changed it to an open day!! I was really disappointed when I saw this. I'm from sydney so I don't think I will fly up to BNE just to hand my CV in.

jaye
15th Sep 2009, 13:34
I wonder if it has something to do with previous cc experience? 4 people I spoke to who were invited to Assessment Days had flown with other airlines previously. And I know of two other people - one who is a nurse, and the other works at a bank - who didn't get invited?

Just thinking that might have something to do with new people being invited to AD when they still have people in the holding pool? :confused:

Maja2U
15th Sep 2009, 15:32
yeah, what's up with that???
how can they look for new people when we're all waiting...:confused:
we're all on hold and nothing is happening.. FEW people only got invited!:ugh:

i had my DOJ in Feb and were canceled like the rest of you.
and now, they are coming to the country where i had my OD and they don't even call me/us at all (after i replied that i'm still interested)?? :=

i'm sorry, but after everything we've been through, don't we deserve to have at least some priority toward the others??:ouch:

jaye
15th Sep 2009, 19:15
I would've thought so. It seems silly to be looking for new people when they already have people they know are right for Emirates just waiting for the call! Maybe you could call them and ask if they are ever going to get back to you or if they would advise you to go to an OD? You know, just so you'll know what they have planned for you guys. I'm sure theres a method to their madness though!

Caledonia
15th Sep 2009, 22:25
Hey all, I was at the Glasgow Assessment day last November, got through FIs and meds etc, had a DOJ of 20 Feb and then had the offer put on hold like lots of you. I've now got a "re-validation" interview on Thursday in Glasgow - has anyone already attended one of these? Any tips on what to expect? Not sure if it's going to be like our FI or more assessments, i've just taken the whole day off work just in case.. they haven't given much away other than what to wear on the day! haha
Anyone on here from the Glasgow November 08 assessment day in same boat?
Thanks...

Donisha
16th Sep 2009, 04:33
I just checked the EK website and I haven't seen any Open days or assessment days posted. Can you please tell me which part of the website you saw this?

cielazur
16th Sep 2009, 06:06
The days are listed under 'The Recruitment Process' on the left sidebar. The link to Global Assessment Days and Global Information Open Days' appear under the banner pic of the 5 very attractive cabin crew :)

lucy21
16th Sep 2009, 09:22
Hi all,

Just a quick update - I had my re-assessment interview yesterday, first thing I would say is make sure you have completed the online personality profiling before you go to the interview as that is what generates the questions they ask you, if you haven't received the email with the link in it, chase the recruiters (I had received it but some other candidates hadn't and had to go away and complete it before they could be interviewed)! The format is very similar to the FI except I only had one person interviewing me this time, they want to know what you've been up to in the last year, how you felt when you were put on hold etc then they ask you the competency based questions like "Give me an example of when a customer pushed you to your limits" etc. It seemed to go well for me (don't want to jinx myself!), I'll find out in the next 2 weeks as they have to send my paperwork off to senior management in Dubai for approval. I had to take 4 passport photographs, a colour copy of my passport and an updated CV, I went in business attire as before and it all seemed very relaxed. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :o) xx

lilliput
16th Sep 2009, 12:09
Hi everybody!! :)
Thank you for posting here your experiences and updates, they are very useful and encouraging :ok:
I had my FI in October in Milan and the offer withdrawn early this year. I am now waiting for the re assessment interview, I received the email from EK asking if I'm still interested two weeks ago already. I am really looking forward to being called!! Is there anyone from Italy in the same situation??
Let's keep in touch and see you soon in Dubai!!! :)

Stefania
16th Sep 2009, 13:37
whenever i post it gets deleted... because I am lazy and use text speak.

Read the first thread in this forum.

filwa
16th Sep 2009, 15:45
lucy21,
thanks for sharing,this post is gold for us !
pls keep us updated and wish you the best luck !!

Caledonia,
please come up here and share it with us after the interview !
good luck !

hope to meet up in EK soon !

vespaet3
17th Sep 2009, 04:55
Hi guys,

I haven't been on here for months, but received the "are you still interested?" email on September 1st.

Is there anyone else waiting in the 'holding pool' from New Zealand?

If so, please can you PM me. :)

Cheers

kt..the
17th Sep 2009, 06:15
Hello all!

Just thought I'd mention that I was 'frozen' but asked Emirates to reimburst me for the medical costs. I got the money back (minus the vaccinations).

But the key is that they still sent me the 'are you still interested email'

SO anyone who was worried about asking for money back, perhaps it's not too late!:ok:

Good luck!

kt:8

Stefania
17th Sep 2009, 08:49
Hi,

I'm still using text speak so my posts are still being deleted.

Caledonia
17th Sep 2009, 20:45
Hey filwa
I had my interview today, it was much as Lucy 21 said, it felt quite relaxed (it was one of the girls who saw us through the whole process last year). It was actually in an office over a desk so wasn't as daunting as the massive table and panel style interview last time. It was all scenario questions like before, a few examples of what I was asked:
- Can you think of a time when you've had to deal with a sensitive situation
- Can you talk to me about when you have had to deal with a difficult customer
- Can you tell me about a time when you have introduced something new in your work
- Can you think of a time when you've had to be very flexible at work
- Can you think of a time when you've had to deal with a difficult rule
And she asked what i've been doing since I got the bad news, and how I felt/handled it.
Afterwards she said that all the documents would be sent to Dubai for a decision and i'd hear in about a fortnight, and that the first Ab Initio course is starting at the beginning of November and would how able am I to leave Britain at short notice. She said that we'd have to complete some of the medicals again at our own expense but she wasn't able to tell me which ones and that if I am to be successful a different team in London will liaise with us regarding the medicals. She said the 4 passport pictures we are asked for aren't used in the decision making process and are sent to london for something to do with security passes.
Hope this helps some people! Good luck :)
x

Sheenab1983
17th Sep 2009, 21:17
Great news for everyone that got contacted! Has anyone from Ireland heard back? I passed final interview but hadn't submitted medicals yet then got news that the deal was off... Haven't heard anything from emirates since :ugh:

want_to_fly
17th Sep 2009, 23:13
Hi Sheenab

I think the invitation interview is for those who made it to the medical stage but didn't quite make it through. Everyone from Brisbane who made it to the final interview earlier this year didn't get an email because none of us got a chance to do the medicals. I however got the bad email saying they wont take me on-board. But having said that, mostly everyone from our Brisbane interview got an email saying they will be re-contacted in 6-9 months....

The process is confusing but I guess we will have to go through the whole process again from day 1. But look on he bright side, we are more prepared now!

God bless

valensi
18th Sep 2009, 05:35
Thanks for the info. I will have my first ever Final Interview with EK next week after attending an AD at the Dubai HQ on Wednesday.

I'm really nervous but I am already trying to think of good responses to the questions you have posted and anything else they might answer - Could you tell me if you had to do the online psychometric test again before your re-validation interview?

About how long did the first FI take? (I'm going in my lunch break from work!!) Did they say how long you'd have to wait untill you'd hear back?

All the very best of luck. Our Recruitment Officers mentioned that the first training dates available are in November so not long to wait for some of you guys now, all things being well :ok:

rox84
18th Sep 2009, 10:18
Hello guys, this is my firs time I post on this forum, but I read it for a long time, I want to attend the AD in Sofia (I come from another country). This is my first interview for Emirates and I am nervous, I attended another interview in March for a Middle East company but I refused their contract because I wanted Emirates, and I was there just for the experience. Could anyone give me some tips regarding Emirates, for those who attended AD or OD with them? If there is also someone interested in this interview, I want to book an apartment in Sofia, and I travel alone so there is room for more…;)

kesara
18th Sep 2009, 11:54
HI everyone..
im new in here, and I haven't bothered to read the forum rules, so my posts are deleted.

Mari
18th Sep 2009, 11:59
Presentation and communication skills are the main factors.

The usual stuff, nothing else to say, really. If hundrends attend this AD, you need to have a very strong CV to make it through the first selection. And luck of course.

opuneczka
18th Sep 2009, 16:26
Hello everone,
Since nobody responded to my question whether anyone from Poland got the email, I'm assuming tat nobody did. That makes me think that probably people got contacted with according to the place they had they AD or OD.
But then somebody wrote about medicals. Is it true that all of you who got the email and the call had their medicals completed before the withdrawal? That would make things a bit clearer.
I'm still waiting, and a bit worried of course :ugh:

LINDA N
19th Sep 2009, 08:11
HI
i live in perth and im flying to brisbane for the open day. im so scared just because i didnt make it last time. but guess all i can do is try. i have been reading all the posts and find it very helpfull.:ok:

Pupsik
19th Sep 2009, 08:32
Hi everybody,

Can anybody tell me whether Emirates hire russians? It's quite a puzzling point for me...
:uhoh:

kt..the
19th Sep 2009, 08:44
I applied in Brisbane, I have an Aussie passport and I was born in Russia.
I'm not sure whether that answers your question but Emirates did hire a Russian, from Australia. I'm not sure whether they have open days in Russia though.
Good luck!;)

want_to_fly
19th Sep 2009, 08:55
Hi Pupsik

Im pretty sure Emirates do hire Russians. They love hiring people from different parts of the world. Im pretty sure they also host AD/OD in Moscow as well

Caledonia
19th Sep 2009, 09:04
Hi valensi,
I think my first final interview lasted about 45 minutes if I can remember. First they took me through my CV and asked me loads of questions about my previous jobs, then they ask loads of the scenario questions. At the end they ask if you have any questions so would be good to have a couple prepared. Just be relaxed, smile, give them good eye contact and try and use their names when you're talking to them. Wear red lipstick :) Originally we did our psychometric test at the end of our AD so we didn't have to do it online before the interview, but had to re-do it on line before this interview. I hear that they use the results of the test to generate the scenario questions so I wouldn't count on the exact same questions they asked me, but that's just what I heard. Some of them are pretty random, just try and think of loads of different work based scenarios and try and get examples for them. I had a couple of total mind blanks in my first interview and I still got through so don't be stressed too much.

Good luck!! Hope it goes well, let me know :)
x

Maja2U
19th Sep 2009, 09:17
yes, we all did our medicals and were ready to 'hop on plane' and then this happened...:ouch:

as far as i know, they are now contacting those of us who did all-final interview AND medicals.

i can also tell you that they do call you by the country your OD was in.
my friend and I got a call to come to serbia (our OD was there in Dec.) but we are from croatia...6-7 hours away..

I hope that did help a bit...
:}

Sydneybloggs
19th Sep 2009, 09:24
Just a quick question. I know most of you guys have been in the holding pool for along time, but I have never applied for Emirates before and Its my dream job and has been for quite a few years. I've finally applied and have fingers, toe's and everything crossed. I applied about two week's ago and since then I cannot stop checking my email's!
Are Emirates really taking new staff on and are they inverviewing new people?? From what I can tell on here they're not interviewing new people. I want this job more then anything in the world.

Also just want to say good luck to all you guy's that have interviews
XxXxXxX

want_to_fly
19th Sep 2009, 10:19
hi Sydneybloggs

Well done on applying on-line! It is a dream to become a cabin crew isn't? Good thing Emirates is picking up their recruitments :ok:

For the moment, I believe Emirates are re-interviewing candidates who are in the holding pool and doing open days globally as well. The Brisbane open days is held at the end of this month, which means anyone can attend. I could have gone (because I live in Brisbane), but my 1 full year is not up yet. I am not sure if you are aware of the procedures of re-interviewing again after having gone through with Emirates interview selections. If you made it to the last rounds of interview, which is the one-on-one, and failed to land the job, you will have to wait for a full year before attending. If you only made it to the second stage and failed to make it to the last stage, you will have to wait 6 months.

Anyway, because you live in London, check the Emirates page regularly see if they are hosting an OD/AD there and if they are, just register your interest and hopefully they'll send you an invite through emails.

Any questions feel free to ask

God Bless ;)

Sydneybloggs
19th Sep 2009, 10:56
Thank you for your reply. It is a dream, I worked for XL airways before they went bust last september and Its the most amazing job ever. Thing's are not too great here in the UK and I have never before had the guts to apply to Emirates but its something I want more that anything, I would give my right arm for it ha ha.
Just want to thank you again for your reply, you have been most helpful
XxXxXxX

East Rose
19th Sep 2009, 12:25
It's again East Rose, who remembers:) 2 days ago I got an invitation from Emirates to take part in the very final interview that would take place in Sofia next month. As the explained me, it would be sth we have already had before, 30 min interview, lots of questions about our last job and qualifications. After that they tell if I'm taken or no. Of course, it's not very convenient to me as I'm not from Bulgaria but my desire is higher than all inconveniences in the world!!!!
I am incredibly happy!

One question to all of you: is there anybody who has already passed that interview after being on hold????What's the result? What will be the next steps in that procedure?

I wish I could see all of you in Dubai soon!

Maja2U
20th Sep 2009, 11:40
lucky21 will be the first one to get their answer..
the rest of us went after (or have a date set up but didn't yet go)

nrcrowth
21st Sep 2009, 13:25
Hey guys
I also had my reassessment interview in London town last tuesday! I was told I would hear by the 29th.....do you guys think we will hear before? im dying to find out the outcome....................

lucy21
21st Sep 2009, 14:14
Hey they told me I'd hear by the 29th as well, last time I was told I'd hear within 2 weeks and they got back to me within a week but as I'm guessing the recruitment department is pretty busy right now I think we may have to wait...only one more week though :o) x

jaye
22nd Sep 2009, 12:36
I'm sure you'll all hear before the 29th. I think with things like that they always give you a date a few days later than they are expecting to be in touch. You know so that they dont get totally influxed with people wondering why they havent heard anything? They give themselves a few days more than they need.

Don't be nervous Linda, I'm sure you'll do great! xxx

LINDA N
23rd Sep 2009, 09:12
THANKS YOU,

Hope im ready.

asturiano
24th Sep 2009, 08:02
Hello guys!

I would like to share something with you as this has been the only place where I was feeling confortable and could find answers after getting the horrible e-mail and being in the holding pool for nearly 7 months.

What I want to share is that after doing my re-assessment I got the golden call this morning! :))) My new DOJ is the 9th of November! Feeling very happy. It seems that now I can breath after all drama xD

Some extra info is that we have to re-do all medicals again. As they create a new URL were you have to log in, after a password is given to you, print all reports and take them to your doctor. I didnt get the email yet with this info but it seemed to me that maybe this time all medicals will be faster and easier to do them as they give you just a week to complete them.

Hope this info helps :) If there is anyone with the same DOJ as me please get in touch.

See you all in Dubai!

Maja2U
24th Sep 2009, 12:33
that's great!!! so happy for you!! :ok: :ok: :ok:

but...
they give you a week to do the medicals??? all of them???:confused:
don't know about you...but where i come from, it takes a week only to get an appointment and then 2 weeks to get the results...and 4-5 days to translate it...
those test (like EKG, RTG) aren't so everyday so it's not like you call today and you're doing it tomorrow... :bored:
was is really that simple in your country when you were doing it the first time?
it took me 19days...:ouch:

Diego_Br
24th Sep 2009, 13:48
Hey guys, looks like Emirates just updated their website with some new October AD's and OD's!

I'm so happy they're comming to Brazil at the end of the month!!! soooo excited!!!

The schedule below enlists open days in different regions which you can register for online.
CountryDateTime

Brazil, Sao PauloRef No: CC/BB/1345830-Oct-2009 - 31-Oct-200909:00 am Register Now (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx?AdvNo=32E9770763E9F071)Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency FLYRIGHT.

jaye
24th Sep 2009, 15:18
Congratulations Asturiano! Very happy for you. I know it will have been so worth the wait and you'll appreciate it and enjoy it more now you've had to fight extra hard to get it. Well done! When did you re-do your interview?

40&80
24th Sep 2009, 19:55
Reall good to see you all so young and keen....November is a good time to join and the end of May a good time to depart the Arabian Gulf..you should be able to experiance all the worthwhile fun that is on offer in 7months.

Milena
24th Sep 2009, 23:12
SORRY to ask this AGAIN buuuuut i got confused... they are having an asessment day in argentina , so i can travel there, but it says that Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency Top Fly.. so, can i register to that asesment day or , only top fly persons?? co's i was thinking to register you know :) kisses!!

want_to_fly
25th Sep 2009, 00:57
I completely forgot the layout of the photos guys. so does it have to be a white background or can it be other colours like maybe blue?

your help is greatly appreciated.

p.s who here is attending the Brisbane AD? just wondering if anyone I met earlier January during the Brisbane AD is attending to the one that's happening on the 30th september...

JAZZ85
25th Sep 2009, 04:53
Emirates Recruitment (http://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx?j=f&pub=/english)

Guys!!! 8 new AD's ... REGISTER NOW!!!

Blue Star
25th Sep 2009, 06:54
Emirates Airlines is going to Tunisia for OD on October, and preliminary selections will be done in conjunction with their appointed agency IAC.

Does anyone knows what this stand for??? :confused: Couldn't find any hiring or recruitment agency or consultant under this name! Please need your help!!!:ugh:

Thanks.

Sydneybloggs
25th Sep 2009, 12:31
I'm waiting for a Manchester of London day to come up, hope I've not missed it! I'm on the Emirates website ALL the time checking.
Good Luck all that are going
XxXxX

cielazur
25th Sep 2009, 17:32
I wonder if many people turned up at the CV Drop in Dubai? If anyone here went, would they be able to give some pointers as to how the day progressed? Many thanks!

jaye
25th Sep 2009, 20:08
Hundreds of people showed up, apparently it was absolute chaos!

Kay17
26th Sep 2009, 15:22
Hello am new to the forum..can anyone please tell me if the recruitment process for Emirates is the same as the one for Qatar airways??
Thank you

Callmachine
27th Sep 2009, 00:34
~Want to fly - From memory I think they prefer photo's with a white background. Maybe try and take them in front of a white wall or door!
I'm thinking about flying up to BNE on Wed but I'm still yet to make my mind up.

~Jaye - I heard that 1000 people turned up to the DXB CV drop and they had to get the police to clear the crowd. Apparently one of the recruiters was trying to get in to help and they told her to get the the back of the line LOL!
I guess they wouldn't be receiving a phone call!

want_to_fly
27th Sep 2009, 03:26
Hi Callmachine!

Thanks for your speedy reply. damn I got a free photoshoot and thought I might as well as get the emirates one done in case if I decide to go to one of the AD but completely forgot they prefer a white background! ah well, my sister's a graphic designer im pretty sure she can change the blue background to a white one.

If you are coming to the BNE for the open day, then I wish you the very best! I however cannot attend until January next because of the rule :-(

Anyway, hope to hear from you soon and good luck!

God bless

LINDA N
27th Sep 2009, 07:06
Soooo Happy

97totel
27th Sep 2009, 11:23
hi, i've been invited to a preliminary interview tomorrow (28sep) in London but the email/phone call gave me no information on what to bring whatsoever.

anyone else going tomorrow?

yani55
27th Sep 2009, 12:18
Hello everybody,

Please,somebody tell me.How many days befor the recruitment day you recieve your invitation?Because I read hier in the forum that some people have invitation for the recruitment day in Sofia,Bulgaria and I dont recieve till yet nothing:confused:

solen
27th Sep 2009, 13:14
hey, don't worry, i haven't heard from Emirates anything yet as well, but i guess it takes some time... i applied a few days ago, and as i know they don't work on friday and saturday so...just don't worry...just keep ur fingers cross:ok:

jaye
27th Sep 2009, 18:32
Has the Perth Open Day been cancelled? I cant see it now :confused:

cielazur
27th Sep 2009, 23:54
Now that EK has started recruitment in earnest in many places around the globe, perhaps there are current crew who are willing to share tips on how to 'stand out' among the hundreds of applicants during Open Days? Any general tips would be appreciated too, let's get the discussion rolling!

jaye
27th Sep 2009, 23:59
I dont think anyone knows tbh, its been asked a few times before and the general opinion is that nobody knows what they are looking for because everyone has a different experience. I mean when I first started seriously looking into Emirates I read every single post in this thread (it took a good week haha!) and some people were saying "the best advice is not to be too loud because the overbearing, obnoxious ones who talk too much never get through", the next person says "OMG I cant believe I didnt get through when a girl in my group who wouldnt let anyone get a word in edgeways made it!!". Its a bit of a mystery. A lot of it must just be down to pure luck and charisma.

Tamaricica
28th Sep 2009, 09:25
Hi everyone,
this is my first time on this forum.I applied month ago and I have just received my invitation for Assessment day in Serbia.It is going to be on 30 Septembar.I was interviewed by Emirates two years ago(2007) but unfortunately I didnt pass the 3rd stage.:ugh:
Is there anyone who is going on this Assessment day in Belgrade???:confused:

valensi
28th Sep 2009, 09:47
I'd just like to get my two cent's worth with regards to assessment days tips and advice... I feel it's very easy to stand out for the WRONG reasons. For example: Inappropriate dress, far too much make-up, poor posture, using slang. I was shocked by how many people turned up (this goes for ODs and ADs) in short skirts, open-toed shoes, no jacket, revealing/tight tops, no stockings, loads of jewellery, even sunglasses on their heads. It's one day out of your life and it won't kill you to play it safe and conservative. Follow the dress code to the letter and show you can follow basic instructions. Wear a full suit with a buttoned up jacket, collared shirt and hair up and away from the face and don't pile the slap on like there's no tomorrow. A soft, natural look will get you further than a drag-queen look (something to hide??). And during group exercises, look interested in what other people are saying, try keep a good straight posture and say lots of supportive things like, "good idea" or "just to come back to something (someone's name) said earlier..."

Its not rocket science but I know its a real bug-bear of recruiters when people show up expecting to sail through and haven't made the slightest effort to follow dress-code instructions or try and listen to what others are saying.

That's just my opinion anyway, I know plenty slip thorugh the net but a surefire way of getting into a recruiters good books is to show you're prepared, smart and professional - and that goes a very long way indeed.

Tamaricica
28th Sep 2009, 11:38
Hey JAZZ85!!
No, my name doesnt have any particular meaning,my friends call me like that but my real name is Tamara;),nice to meet you!
Thank you for all your supprotive words, it means a lot to me...
I am a little nervous but in positive way hehe
As I said,I was interview by Emirates but I didnt pass my english test:(
And I hope that this time I will make it.And that is the only thing that bothers me...
So can you tell me what did you have on your english test and what was the name of your essey?
I wish you all the best and I hope that you will make it throught the end!!:ok:
I dont know why they havent sent you an e mail...
I appplied about month ago..
And I know a lot of people who havent received any invitation but they showed up on OD and they succeeded and they are flying right now !!he!!
soo good luck!!:cool:

Donisha
28th Sep 2009, 13:11
I really want to be Cabin Crew with Emirates airlines. I am in a committed relationship and since Dubai is a muslim country I would like to know if my boyfriend will be able to come visit me. Because I doubt he would not be able to come in the shared accomodation.

Also, if we get married, how will emirates arrange living arrangements because someone told me, they would give you an allowance. Is the allowance good or would I be struggling financially?:confused:

nrcrowth
28th Sep 2009, 13:21
Has anyone heard from the outcome of their reassessment interview? Itl be 2 weeks tomoz for me so im expecting to hear tomorrow!!!!
:)

monkey_boi
28th Sep 2009, 14:04
Hey Hey, yes it will be 2 weeks tomorrow for me since the second interview, still haven't heard anything........... anyone else?

pudnx
28th Sep 2009, 14:19
I went for my interview on the 17th Sept and have yet to receive a response. Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer.

pudnx
28th Sep 2009, 14:21
Those who attended re-validation interviews recently...are any of you from Liverpool?

monkey_boi
28th Sep 2009, 14:42
I did my interview on the 15th, that was in London... guess we will just have to play the waiting game.

lucy21
28th Sep 2009, 14:59
It's 2 weeks tomorrow for me too since my re-assessment interview in London on the 15th and I haven't heard yet either..fingers crossed; I'll keep you posted if I do. I get the impression we'll get a phone call not an email from an earlier post by someone who has heard?? x

Maja2U
28th Sep 2009, 20:52
so far, asturiano is the only one with the new DOJ.
i think she wrote that they called her...it wasn't an e-mail.

good luck to you!

want_to_fly
28th Sep 2009, 22:00
congratulations on those who got the re-call and did their interview recently. You guys must be excited! Wont be long now until you guy get the call me-thinks :ok:

Did you guys get to re-do the picture iq test as well? u know the ones that we did after the interview?

Anyways, will pray for you guys and hopefully we all get this chance to work for Emirates real soon!

God bless

Tamaricica
29th Sep 2009, 09:03
Heyy!!
Tomorrow is AD in Belgrade!!
Is there anyone who is going with me???:)

EKEKEK
29th Sep 2009, 09:07
I did my re-interview on the 23rd in Japan and got a phone call from EK on 28th!
My friends in Japan also got a phone call from Emirates yesterday.

Good luck to everyone and hope to see you all in Dubai soon!!!

Sydneybloggs
29th Sep 2009, 09:23
Hi guy's,

I applied for the London AD on the 19th of October yesterday. How long untill you know if you get an invite? Also has anyone else applied for this date?
Good Luck all
XxXxXxX

Maja2U
29th Sep 2009, 09:25
ey, Tamara, my friend and I are going.
we were called to do 'the new and improved' interview' :} 1.10. in hyatt .

sretno ti bilo! pusa!:O

Tamaricica
29th Sep 2009, 11:04
Hey Maja,
what kind of interview is that?Have you been interviewed before??
Because I am going tomorrow...I to me zbunjuje!!:confused:
Puno srece zelim!!:ok:

asturiano
29th Sep 2009, 11:12
Yes I got the call 12 days after my re-assessment. And by the way I am a male xD :ok:

icyjang
29th Sep 2009, 16:22
After EK hold my friend , she just joins qatar recently... Is it possible if EK will wait for her? I heard that EK and QR have the agreement that cabin crew cann't move to another... have to wait 1 year... Is that true?:confused:

StewardMan
30th Sep 2009, 07:40
Can please someone tell me what is the proper full-length postcard-sized photograph that we have to provide at the open day?
If the backgraund is white can it be done in photoshop or space around you must visible?
I did the photos in photo studio with white background but yellow flor on which i'm standing is visible so im not sure if that is ok. They can make me in photoshop completely white background - it looks great but will be acceptable?.
Thanks

StewardMan
30th Sep 2009, 07:49
One more question,
Can you please explain me what is the difference between open day and assessment day?
I understand that anyone can attend the open day and for assessment day we need invitation, but is it assesment day only for you guys who are on hold from february-and already have passed the open day? or new joiners can apply for assessment day and expect invitation as well?
Thanks

monkey_boi
30th Sep 2009, 08:08
These assessment days are for people who have already been to the interview and passed, and then have been put on hold..

LINDA N
30th Sep 2009, 09:09
Is Anyone Going To The Perth Open day??:)

Tamaricica
30th Sep 2009, 10:09
Hiii,
Ive just come back from my Open day in Belgrade...
One lady was from Serbia(Belgrade)-that was strange, and other was from Australia.
We started at 9.30 and there were about 300 people...
And we just gave our CVs and had only 2 sec with them..
She asked if I had something to ask and that was it.
And we have to wait for our phone call till 4 pm.If they call us that means that we pass..
I dont think that I passed,because it was so fast and you didint have any opportunity to talk to any of them...:bored:
Sooo ...I am waiting but i am a little bit disappointed...

AshRat
30th Sep 2009, 10:12
Hi folks, someone I know attended the assessment/interview/open day or whatever the heck it was today, 30th September, 2009 in Brisbane for Emirates Airlines with an unsuccessful result as well as no idea why. They had prepared for this for no less than a month only to turn up and be shafted with almost 65 or 70 other people by lunchtime. Here's what went down....

"After arriving at the Cabin Crew Centre at Brisbane Airport this morning at 8.30am, I was ushered into an auditorium with around 60 or 70 other candidates. We were due to begin around 9am so I took the opportunity to begin chatting with the people around me finding out that some of them had almost 15 years experience in full service airlines such as Qantas and Air New Zealand. These people had also traveled from their home bases of Sydney and Auckland to attend the day. There were also others attending from Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific and Phillipine Airlines. Having come from a reputable asian carrier myself, I was excited at the fact I was finally here for an Emirates interview and I would give it my best shot. I began speaking to others whom were not from an previous airline background although had all their hopes and dreams sown up in a career as a flight attend. The session kicked off at around 9am with two recruitment officers introducing themselves and presenting a slide show on life in Emirates and life in Dubai. One was an Aussie girl, the other I believe, was Indian. She mentioned that since there were roughly 80 candidates that we would "do things a little different to the book" and conduct group discussions first as part of the assesment. We in fact did a height test first which involved touching a point higher than a line put on a wall. We were then asked to hand up our CVs and organised into groups. The topic of our discussion was if we were to start our own airline from a variety of different ports, what would be the destinations we would initially service and why. (I think this was the topic...can't really remember what the candidate said) After completing discussions, we broke for lunch only to return to devastating results. Despite my and others best efforts and a wealth of experience worldwide in the cabin crew departments of some of the worlds biggest airlines, we had been registered as unsuccessful. Yes, every applicant I spoke to, whether they had 15 years experience as a Cabin Service Manager for Qantas or 5 years experience as a Stewardess for Cathay Pacific had all failed in their attempt to qualify for Emirates. Most were devasted, but others were used to the high cost of failure and left without "too" much grumbling. While waiting for my ride home, I was shocked to see a batch of successful candidates emerge with the Aussie Cabin Crew Recruitment officer. They seemed to all know each other very very well and appeared very chummy...you wouldn't be blamed for even thinking that they had met a long time before today...that's for sure. Ironically, these girls, yes all females, were dressed in the distinctive Virgin Blue Cabin Crew attire. At this stage I was fairly tired and refused to tell myself that there was a hidden meaning so I caught my lift and returned home, none the richer but still none the poorer"

Folks, I dunno about you but I really feel sorry for the candidates that attended this open day, especially those that traveled from far points of origin to attend this "interview". And I'm sorry to have to say this but something smells very very fishy in regards to the successful applicants all appearing to be on the VB roster. It looks like a little under the table deal with these particular girls and the recruitment officer which has screwed each and every single one of the hopes and dreams of those who just wanted the chance to be a part of this wonderful airline. Now it makes me wonder that with an airline like Emirates who send out their henchmen such as this girl from Dubai to do all the recruiting, the big dogs in Dubai will never know that these girls are ALL coming from Virgin. I'm interested to know what's in it for the recruiter though. The chance to work with all her friends from Virgin Blue? Guys, it's probably important at this stage that I point out I DO NOT know this information accurately myself but it still does not look good for the airline at all that their only successful candidates appeared to come from ONE Brisbane based airline. Like I said I feel for all of you and I do not believe that you should just leave it there if you were one of the unlucky souls that were unsuccessful.

Now if there is anyone from Emirates reading this, I urge you to investigate this matter to the best of your ability as it seems a lot of great talent has been ignored amongst the other candidates. Considering that no proper PERSONAL assessment was done on ANY candidate, isn't it only fair that that is offered to them prior to labelling them as unsuccessful? 6 months is a long time to wait to reapply for for something that they have probably been waiting for a long, long time. So please, for their sake, look into it. It's only fair on everyone who took the time and effort to be a part of the day in Brisbane that you do.

Cheers guys!

valensi
30th Sep 2009, 12:51
Hey there; not true. Assessment Days are being held on a weekly basis at the Emirates HQ here in Dubai, as are final interviews for those successful. There have been 3 so far and CV drops continue every other Sunday. These are for new joiners. So the advertised Global ADs are for anyone; not just those who have previously been successful at the beginning of the year and subsequently put on hold.