PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

lilliput
14th Feb 2009, 09:10
Hi guys,

I am one of the many wannabes cc who were waiting the final approval from EK. A few days ago I received the email that says they will re-contact me when the new course start dates will be confirmed. I am not so disappointed because after reading you in the last weeks I prepared myself on receiving this kind of email.
I don't even think they have been unfaith, the global crisis is very big and they had to re-asses their business strategy as many other companies and airlines are doing. So guys, there is nothing we can do, this is not our fault. Keep fingers crossed, I am sure they will re-contact us in the future! :ok: Think how expensive would be for them to recruit ppl around the world, of course it would be cheaper to call us who have done all the tests required. ;) I am positive.
Congrats to the new joiners who are going to leave shortly, have a nice time in Dubai!!
Cheers

MadRookie
14th Feb 2009, 09:24
Well said Leito :)

Got to agree 100% with you.

Life is not all roses & moonshine.

One must ride the "bumps" & enjoy the "slides"

However, all of you, NEVER give up on your dreams - it is the essence of your driving force, the push & determination to achieve your goals!

If you give up on chasing your dream, you will be lost before you even start.

Believe me guys & girls, I have endured just as much ( if not more ) stress than my daughter (DOJ 27 Feb), but I motivate her to be positive.

If you believe in yourself, your race is halfway won.

For those of you have been unsuccessful, be strong, don't give up, and one day you WILL benefit thereby.

Once again - GOOD LUCK to each & every one of you.

:) :)

Oxaliza_Oxen
14th Feb 2009, 12:50
Thank you Leito.

and I got your private message. well, i already said clearly that I don't want to make anyone upset or make the situation worse. I do understand that what your dream and lots of ppl dream to be with EK.

I still haven't got the answer from you Leito, you mention that they short of crew and needs new crew to cover up the flight and I asked you to please give me and everyone answer why they are leaving EK. And you still didn't correct me if I am wrong about Etihad and the share with EK.

I would be happy to have a job with security not just to fly. I was a cabin crew and now I work for another airline as well. I would love to back and fly again with EK or any another airline if it will be providing me a job satisfaction and security for the future.

Sorry to make some of you upset as I have awared of that before I posted that messages but apparently some of you got the email flagship say about trainning A380 and flying A380 only.

As I try to ask you Leito, because you are working for EK so please tell me and everyone here on this forum. How much you would get paid if you are flying only A380 and only 3 times per months. Correct me anything if I was wrong. This is something I would like to find out for lots of people who still waiting to fly and go to live in DXB. As I said I am worry about how much they already spent on the medical and stuffs.

So sorry guys if you think I get back on this forum to bashing EK coz I didn't make it through like lots of your guys. But it's not and I am up here to confront Leito to explain to everyone for all the question I have asked by private messages.

To be honest, I want those answer for everyone.

1. The share purchasing between EK and EY
2. A380 only not flying another A/C
3. The money that we would earned if we have only 3times per months flying.
4. A garantee no A/C on ground for maintenance and pull the flight back plus put us on the SBY.

I am here for you to blame if you still think I posted all of this to be a negative, and if anyone don't want to know all those answers regarding the question above. I am here to be blamed that I am nonsense.

And I really wish I could get a job that give me a job security and future. I know thing get better at time. And EK will get better as well, either by themselves or with money from another airline who come as a investor.

Please again Leito, please do not just say this thing and disappeared with private message coz I still don't know why no one try to point out about what could be in this crisis. I understand everyone want to be positive. Do you want to make everything look positive without be honest and be realistic?

You told me on a private message that your Plan B is a disco in Dubai, sorry I don't think anyone here want to think about going to dance as you can do right now, They want to know the true,and they want to know about their future so if you said you work for EK please tell everyone here so they can feel more secure to go overthere. And again please correct me if I am wrong. I still never want to give up to back to fly again but how about telling people the true as you are working for EK atm so if I was right, some of us can decide to go for another airline and get their dream come true. Making a dream is a mean a lot to me and lots of ppl so let be real and tell us the true please. Leito, please do not avoiding this by private message and said that I already know better than you (after I told you whom I contected to). Is it mean I was right or I was wrong???? Or it is just a rumour???? I think not only me want to know about this. People here are stressed more than enough so please tell us the true Leito.

I wish everyone who are waiting to go have the best of luck with everything, and if things overthere is better than my stupid prediction please tell me. I really want to know the true. By the way, Happy Valentine's to everyone. I wish everyone all the best. God bless

harry-dux
14th Feb 2009, 12:59
I've got same mail as well.... I was shocked but I could be ready to get it since I had been reading this site.

I wanna say to everyone who received the same email as me. Do not be so depressed. We can spend the unexpected time to gain various experiences or relax if you have been working hard so far... What we will do while waiting a call totally depends on us, so let's use the spare time effectively!!!

Hope to see you guys in Dubai soon and always wish everyone can get over this hard time xxxxx

flygirl28
14th Feb 2009, 13:17
Well done Leito i think your post was spot on!

Oxaliza - it would be difficult for Leito to tell you everyones reasons for leaving as i am sure they are all different. Airlines have a huge turnover of staff and with Emirates being based in Dubai i would hazard a guess that the majority miss home and want to go back. Add to that the usual grumbles, rosters, pay, dubai etc etc.

It would also be difficult to tell you exactly how much you would get paid every month. Flight pay is paid to crew chocks on to chocks off and so how much you earn depends on how many flights you do and where those fights are to. Obviously you will earn more flying pay for e.g a JFK flight than you would a LHR. Nobody can tell you for sure you earnings and it would be wrong to do so as you would go in with certain expectations which may or may not come to fruition.

I am sorry to hear that some of you have undertaken medicals are your own cost and are now getting THE email. However if you look at your cup half full rather than half empty, the email says you will be contacted again when things are looking better. Not necessarily the news that you were all looking for but definitely not a NO....so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Emirates was my fourth airline and i can say in all honesty the best i have ever worked for. Hang on in there and stay positive.

Oxaliza_Oxen
14th Feb 2009, 13:49
I got told on the open day by the recruitment team, they are not much turn over that why we can not hope of move up to the higher position. And that's what I try to point it out between what the recruitment team told us on 6 DEC 08 sydney Hilton hotel. If anyone who were on that day could you please confirm this if my ears was having a problem.

So it is a different between what Leito said and what the recruitment team said to us. I do remember this because I want to back to fly again to get my career progression and the future. They said it's not much because not many crew leaving!!!! So who I should listened to?? please tell me.

i agree that EK is one of the good airline to work for. But the idea of point it out about this is for those ppl who will have to fly only on A380 only and the destination will be JFK, ICN, SYD, AKL etc. which not that much of the pax to fill it up the flight now aday, of couse they are still flying but perhape not that frequent that's why some of the cabin crew would fly only 3 times a month on A380, and what if the new joiner got told to fly only on A380 only and flying 3 times a month till the economic is get better. And I guess from some of THE email to re-contact in 6-9 months that could help us predict that they are hoping thing will get better and it might be better by that time. BUT how can they survive on only 3times flying a months for 6 months. I know SYD you have max 48hrs layover and the meal allowance is $50AUD a day, LHR is 60pounds a day and 24 hrs layover, what else? apprx, the new crew would get about how much??? And this is the point that I do worry for some ppl who already has a job then resign and has to leave home for that and as we know about the airline...NEVER promised to anyone!!!

Stay positive and think about a Plan B. I think it is indeed atm.

I was a cabin crew and lived in the middle east, I understand about the sign on and sign off system at base, flying pay and meal allowance system. That's why I can guess how much the new joiner would get from only 3times flying a month. Yes, we always say it hards to say depends... but now I try to point this out what we could estimate for those who never flown. I know you know about EK situation very well and some of confidenciality that you do not supposed to disclose on this forum so let me drop the clue about Etihad and the share. may be this would be something clarity why I do concerns for new joiner.

And yes that what the OZZY said half full or half empty. I am a 2/3 full not a half that's why I look more futher about 6-9 months for those new joiner who got flagship to be trained only A380 and no trainning or fly on the other types of A/C. And why no one from EK can explained to everyone here about the share and stuff that EK has a deal with.... WHY no one say anything, I would love to disclose this info on this forum but as I am one of airline staff, I would rather keep my principle regarding to my career moral. So for anyone who know about this YES you know for sure why I do worry for the other ppl.

Oxaliza_Oxen
14th Feb 2009, 14:56
Short of crew or changing from MAX crew on board to be MIN crew on board? B777 are no longer walking to london coz EK need to save the money so now those cabin crew work harder to cover up but not much of ppl are leaving. Flygirl28 said.. individual reason ie. pay, roster, dubai. Good point to think about it, right????

Work harder, yes you must be grumpy as a human been, how about one of you Leito or Flygirl28 post you roster on this forum to show how it looks like atm. And please don't say this is confidential, not it is not.

Check out airboy web, this month he got 11 days off which usually is 8 days off a month. He started to fly in 2006, I guess he already got pretty much most of the A/C types licence to fly and how many crew who got those licence?? Yes the crew who been there long enough. Does EK need more crew to be trainned for the other A/C?? No, I don't think so.

A380?? yes, new joiner will have a great opportunity to be trainned on it.

Where they flying to? SYD, AKL, ICN, JFK, LHR, what else? How often??

That is your homework for new joiner so you can have a plan B to support yourself while you were there and have to wait another 6 months for the Boing777, etc.

The new joiner, who don't want to make the money back after spent those futune on the medical?? Pls put your hand up!!

NO better not to put high expectation, Yes let be reasonable. 6-9 months another waiting, guys bring some more money with you, so when you feel bored you can go out to see Dubai for a sight seeing, go for ski, go for window shopping etc. Oh another thing the internet is real expensive compare to Australia if anyone from OZ going there. Learn to cook from now, get a nice but simple dishes so you can cook at home in DXB for the time you have to stay on SBY. Learn to do knitting, that's one of the good idea but I'm not sure how much for the material overthere would cost.

About cooking, making pastry is a fun thing as well, you guys can get friends who are in the same boat to join the time, making a biscuit, a cake etc. that would be fun for those stressful time esp you have to be away from home. Telephone bill is one of the major concerns from my expereince, airtimes to call out aren't cheap. The bus overthere is usually will be use by those construction worker or labour. Taxi, be awared they got the meter but they don't want to use it!! Try to be nice to yourself till the economic is getting better sooner. Inshallah!!

alkatifa
14th Feb 2009, 16:51
wow Oxa...now my eyes are hurting... :eek:

Mate if I was living in Syd I wouldn't even consider working in the middle east! I lived in Syd for a year and I miss it heaps!! You're lucky to live in the very best city in the world, hands down!

MadRookie
14th Feb 2009, 18:32
Wow Oxa.........

Could you for one moment stop fussing like a mother hen??.......and stick to the topic, plz don't hijack this thread by virtue of your own emotions.....your posts are factless & full of guesses....and although I believe in good intent, in my humble opinion is causing more harm & this negative influence surely is not needed at a time when the still hopefulls are biting their nails in anticipation of a positive answer....

What will happen, will happen, and is really for all intensive purposes beyond our control - so stop clouding the issue.

Chill please...? :*

All the applicants here I believe are intelligent, grownups, who can make their own decisions. :)

Apply your own good advice to you, yourself, & get on with your life, pretty please? :rolleyes:

So yeah my 2c worth.....

But still my message is : CHIN UP PEOPLE & NEVER GIVE UP :)

....and to those still waiting for answers - God Bless & the best of luck!

pinkylicious
14th Feb 2009, 19:47
Any Ek Wannabes Out Here Who Have Doj As 13th March Who Have Received The Withdrawal Email Or The Final Approval??
If No One Have Received Anything At All, Then I Guess This Week We Will Get Hot News..please Be Prepared...

I'm Doing The Best To Make Up My Mind...

Peace Out Guys And Good Luck;)

Skywards
14th Feb 2009, 22:58
Hi Oxa,

I was also at the recruitment day on 6 Dec 08 in Sydney, and I think you have your wires crossed. They never said that due to the low turnover that being promoted was hard, to the contrary in fact. They emphasised that if you work hard, don't take to many sick days then you can get promoted within the first year or two, and continue on from there. They emphasised that Emirates intentions were to grow their fleet and cabin crew quite alot, which has obviosuly taken a turn at the moment due to the economic crisis. There is probably less people leaving now because of this and possibly, less promotions occuring, but they didn't (and I doubt they ever would) say at a recruitment session that it's impossible to get promoted.

I think we are all aware of what CC earn, even if they were to only fly 3 times a month. The pay rates have been posted all over the internet, and it is not hard information to come across. So if you are only flying three times a month you get your base pay and your flying pay for your hours worked. I understand you know this, but we know it too. I don't think any of us would go into it with our eyes shut, we know what we would be earning (in good times and bad) and have accepted it.

I see that your intentions are good...and it's fine to have your opinions, but the intentions you are trying to get express seem to be lost in translation a little. Thanks for your information, but try to be a little less forcefull with it.

Pinky: Good luck! I understand you are being realistic, but there is nothing wrong with hope. I know a girl who is meant to be starting that day too and she now has quit her job and moved out of her home. So I want them to go ahead with that training too, for her sake!

east coast girl
15th Feb 2009, 00:36
hi guys, there is something i would like to share with you, hopefully it will be encouraging to everyone:
i have met a guy who used to work for emirates as a flight attendant, and his timing to apply was just as unlucky as ours. he interviewd for the job right before 9/11 and he said that after the incident they stopped hiring as everything slowed down in this bussiness. but he was told that they would contact him in 6 months and exactly half a year later they did, and he got the job.:) so maybe there is still hope.
good luck to everyone:ok:

east coast girl
15th Feb 2009, 01:23
one more thing, can anyone tell me what kind of medical is required that makes it so expensive, and about how much does it cost?
thanks

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 02:14
Thank you and that is spot on!!

Yes, I agree that what they say!

What I try to get is the recruitment team said not much of people are leaving.

Leito said short of crew on board, and they have to work harder to cover the position.

Where are those crews if not much of the turn over? Put them on board to work!!!

the pay is yes easy to guess, and the new joiner will fly only on A380 not fly any another types of A/C.

Check out Airboy Web, his roster is 11 days off, which is indicated the flights aren't not that frequent as it was.

He works since 2006, obviously got all the licence for those A/C to fly, check on his roster again and think how many A380 on his roster in each block!

As I sent you the fact and please check the info. with Airboy web. Do you think how long for the new joiners will be trainned on the other Boeing?

Yes, I guess 6-9 months. That's the point I want to show and want people who are going there to be prepare. And anyone who lived in Middle east would know what to prepare to live on this condition. Some of my friend who knows this and still go ahead to get flying experience and she is prepare to bring more moeny with her as well.

As I said, I just don't want to see more people upset. So it's good to prepare, i'm not try to stop people not to go. Why shoud I? I want more pax flying as well so the business will get better for everyone, not one or two airlines but for all.

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 02:37
Hi mate, thanks. Yes, we are quite peaceful here and not much of a rush compare to the other country in this economic crisis. And our government is looking after us as well. And I do understand the others people who are liveing in another country and need to get a job.

What I want to say to everyone here is... you do what you need to do..

I've been trying to point it out about what they should be awared of to be there and if anyone who already got a job in your own country but not that good enough compare to DXB, then go ahead. I just try to give out the informaiton as it is appropriated to do so as something I should not say in the public.

I don't want to see anyone get more stress, as I try to say.. now you are at home with you family and in your own country. It is a safe place to be. But if anyone who are prepare to live out on their own pocket for a while that's fine too.

I just imagine for some people who already got the family, children and still paying off their mortgage for their home. If they are planing to go to work in DXB now, they would hoping to make money and send back to pay all those bills straight away right?

Madrockie: hope you can see why I am a mother hen in your point of view. And you are a mother so now you know the facts about the situation, please check on EY forum as well and you will see the better picture. And I can see you are on this forum coz you are worry about your daughter, please check on Airboy web, apparently EK plan to cut off some flight to South Africa as well. Good luck.

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 04:16
Thank you for your private message, at least now you agreed with me about all the information.

Sorry about the withdrawal, and at least some of people here can think about the situation again. In case, some of you got the offer from another airlines or thinking of between waiting for EK or heading to another Airlines where they have less future risk.

And I understand what you meant by nothing to worry yourself coz you got withdrawal. Which is fair enough too.

Good luck to all guys!! God bless.

Skywards
15th Feb 2009, 07:18
Oxa, I was responding to the super long private message you sent me, and I was saying that you didn't need to convince me of your opinions, not that I agree with all your information-far from it :ugh:!! I think you have your wires crossed there as well-I'm with Leito and Madrookie, but you are allowed your opinion as well....

East Coast Girl: I'm sure it would have a list somewhere in this post saying exactly what is required, but to sum it up you need to go to the dentist(check up) and 3 dental xrays, chest xray, ecg, vaccinations (for about 10 different diseases), audiogram, pap smear, blood tests and doctors appointments (and opthamologist if you have eye problems). I guess it depends on the medical system of your country as to how much it would cost...it was pretty extensive, I felt like a pin cushion by the end of it!

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 07:24
You are the one who said nothing to worry yourself as they are withdraw the offer. And you said you have read lots of info. so have anyone told you about EY and the share??? And are you going for EY after this, or waiting another 6-9 months for EK to re contact you? Be honest please.

So here is some info. you can see about what they are avoiding the reality:

check this out on Emirates - Crew Discussions II

Try to find Juzz51 on that forum

That is the user name of one EK cabin crew who talked about the situation in DEC 08, and Leito was on that forum and complain about the SFS on board.

and Juzz51 has stated how EK treat those CC as well, so why she was on this forum and try to avoid the facts about what is happening!!!

This was her post on Emirates - Crew Discussions II

17 Jan 2009, 22:43 by Leito

Hats off to you baob2boa, that was en exceptional report and you are a master at it, everything that you said its soo right, I also wonder how much longer will the crew put up with this unecessary changes that all they do is to stress out the crew even more and to raise the customers expectations even more as they'll expect that type of service on every route now.

I always think that "less is more" and the crew is so over worked that they will give up vey soon with all of these changes.

Anyway, I haven't done the service myself, so I can't comment on it, but it seems all unecessary, maybe if it was introduces by steps, meaning, start by the language part, then later with the change of the menu / tray, certainly there is no need to pre-dep drink and the bar service has never worked in the past, why would it work now?, poor SFS when all they usually get on those flights are 2 SUPYS and if lucky 3 1st or 2nd operational GR2s.

Enough said, keep recovering !!! :}

Leito you said in the previous post reply to me about every airlines have the policy to be followed so why would you complained about the new service on board, they do it because they need more people to fly with EK. Do you know how many airlines they have done pre-flight service before EK which they are going to do now! Compettion! Hope you know about that words, "Do what they say Leito" Why you are the one who complain about it?? And you obvious already stated on the other forum clearly that lots of crew would not be able to put up. How about those new joiner who still never flown and have those difficult experience, I was a cabin crew when the economic was good and still learnt to not put high expectation on it regarding the flight, the roster, crazy pax, money. But this is the worse case.

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 07:50
1st Feb 2009, 17:36 by Juzz51

I flew with a Purser who has been here for a long long time, and he put it perfectly. Back in the day they treated the crew really well, pay was good, allowance was good, everything was good, and word spread that Emirates was the airline to work for. Today, Emirates still has that good name to an extent, but the difference is they treat us like crap. We are literally just a number to them, and we are slowly becoming low paid laborers. We continue to earn less every year.
The sad thing is there is nothing we can do about it. With no unions, and the fact that if you speak out you'll get fired (someone got fired for speaking out on their blog and got caught), we have little recourse but to quit and find a better job. The worst thing is that Emirates know they can get away with this, because there's just so many people out there in the world wanting to become Cabin Crew, who will ignore all the warnings out there about this company, they just know it can't be THAT bad. Eventually Emirates will lose their good name as the company to work for in the airline industry, but there will still be people out there willing to work for them. We can only hope there won't be enough to meet their demands and they'll try to make things better for us.

Now on to the rumors! Just some things I've heard, some are pretty much confirmed, others are rumors that are probably completely untrue, you decide:

With NGO down to 3 times a week, it will be completed ended by March. I've been told this is mainly because with Toyota stuggling through the economic crisis they are no longer filling our premium cabins and/or cargo for this route to continue being profitable
With NGO gone, I heard they will be opening up NRT
Emirates plans on selling or leasing out most of the A380s they have on order due to problems with the a/c and/or it can't live up to the promises Airbus made about how far it can travel/fuel consumption, etc
Emirates plans on canceling all but 10 of the a380s they have on order for same reasons as above
Due to the financial crisis Emirates will soon be canceling a lot more routes that will put us under 100 destinations world wide
As most of you will know, reserve months for GR1s & GR2s, not a lot of people are getting called out, we simply have too many staff. One hot rumor going around is that we will be offered 2 weeks of unpaid leave. The fact that they just opened more leave slots for the month of March only adds more fuel to the rumor. I know I'll be applying for it if it happens!!
Thats all I have for now. One rumor that did come true, no more CHC!! :{

And this is a reply:
1st Feb 2009, 19:32 by bkkfly

Juzz, your rumour confirmations are correct but in addition San Paulo is also being scrapped (Thank god) 17 hr flight with 24hr LO...Hello?!

In terms of the company stuff, I remain confident that things will change for some CC because:

For UK and Pacific routes they need to retain some Aus/NZ, UK cc and the cost of replacing us every 10 months cant equate to retainment of CC.

If they dont do something in terms of money they simply wont be able to attract intelligent cc from the higher wage countries and then what will happen to the international CC marketing? Imagine the PA: "Our international cabin crew (From all the developing countries of the world) speak many languages (excluding native English as they have all left) for your convenience..."

MadRookie
15th Feb 2009, 07:55
Oxa.....

Don't you have anything better to do, other than now start turning this into a personal flame war.....?? :=

You, me, all of us, have had our say and posted our opinions. Let us now please respect that and leave it up to the anxious applicants, and if you really must post, plz say something positive & drop your negative attitude!

So please just stop this "personal" issue thingy you are persueing, for crying out loud! :*:*

My humble advice - be positive or stay of this forum, as you are not contributing in the light that it is intended.

Please..........????

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 08:24
I am always supporting the other people from the beginning of my post in this forum. Do you want me to say "Yes, everyone don't worry, everything will be alright while I know what is goin on, I would be a liar then, Madrockie" Instead I try to tell everyone who are going there coz they need to, be prepare of the situation. I am one of the hardworker and I don't mind to work 120hrs a month and get paid what it might not be as much as we all dreaming of. BUT to fly 3times a month is NO WHERE you could do anything about it to get pay enough to pay off the bills. Well, if anyone just plan to go for the experience, that would be a cheap holiday on 3 times a month on the same destinaiton. Am I right?

But the situation is going the way that WE all can see the future.

So why some of us still try to say be positive (almost like try to lie to yourself).

My positive way of thinking is Finding the facts before I say thing on this forum coz i was the one who got lots of support from people here when I didn't make it.

And pls don't say I be negative coz i didn't get the YES email, check back all my post as I never worried about that instead I wanted to know the YES or NO coz I have my plan to do thing, yes, i still got my job and muy business here. To know the Yes or No, was a big relief for me to go ahead with my business plan or go to DXB.

As I believe in God and thnks God for all my friends who are working for EK at least 20 of them, and also another almost 10 friends who are working for EY , including my 2 good friend who is a pilot for EK and another friend who is a pilot for EY who given me all those facts to think about as the early state of this worse recruitment ever. That was a big help that I continue with my investment with my friend to do the business, if I don't get those info. I would dropped the plan while I was waiting for the golden call.

And now my information is not a romour so why would I keep it to make some of us keep on dreaming of something that could hurt us more.

Anyway, that's what my intention to help people think and be realistic!

I have nothing to lose or to gain from finding out the true and to prevent anymore heartbreak. Good luck Madrockie! And the war is in your mind because you know the facts now. Now you know where of those info. you can find out for your daughter so as the previous above NO ONE from EK would say anything about the share on the forum coz they will get fired!!!

MadRookie
15th Feb 2009, 08:27
.....I rest my case.....whatever makes you happy......:E:E:E

Skywards
15th Feb 2009, 08:44
^:D
Oxa I said I wasn't going to worry about the things you were saying as my offer has been withdrawn. And yes, if Emirates contact me in the future, I will accept their offer.

My humble advice - be positive or stay off this forum, as you are not contributing in the light that it is intended.

MadRookie your humble advice is spot on.

MadRookie
15th Feb 2009, 08:54
hehe....thx Skywards :ok:

That is the spirit!

You keep on chasing your dream with a positive attitude and you WILL reach the golden pot at the end of the rainbow!

Methinks : "....one who falls down and does not stand up to run again, has lost faith in oneself....& is a lost cause, as the big beast of life will pick you up in it's jaws, chew you into little bits & spit you out into the gutter......"

Hooha

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 09:03
Yes, i would do the same too and be prepare of being there.

But the facts I was there if they offered me on flagship only A380 flying, I wouldn't. As I want to make my career not to gain an experience. As I have mentioned if you want to go on that condition and the facts you are already know what it would be overthere if you go now. I'm pretty much sure that you will be survived. Of course if the business is getting better you will be lot happier. Keep in mind, by the Avaiation thing in Middle east, you need to complete at leat 100 hrs flying on one type of A/C before you can be trainned for a different types of A/C.

I hope they contact you back Skywards as soon as possible. So you can tell me if I was wrong while you are overthere so at least I was the stupid nonsense to poiont it out about this. I want you to be there and send us a message on this forum that I was wrong. Because I want it to be opposit from what I said. And this is my humble say as well...blame on me as much as you can use all the info. to prepare not to have another heartbroken story apart from the medical expenses, the withdrawal, the flagship email, the reserve line and no call out, etc.

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 09:11
Methinks : "....one who falls down and does not stand up to run again, has lost faith in oneself....& is a lost cause, as the big beast of life will pick you up in it's jaws, chew you into little bits & spit you out into the gutter......"

Good say and I always do that...I never gave up on my dream.. Keep on being positive through the end but don't forget to be nice and allow yourself to cry out. And learn from that, alright?:D

Skywards - As i have mention earlier, I was a cabin crew in the middle east and lived there. I have seen lots of difficult time among the airlines and EK never ever be like this, this is the real bad I ever seen. I have seen you were on the other forum and you already read what they said, how about those ppl who are at the trainning atm and what do they think, yes if you go there, keep your job and be positive. That's what I tried to say from the beginning to be prepare. I don't try to be negative. You have seen those post they hope they did gather enough information before they pack and leaving for Dubai. So what else you want to say about I am trying to tell people the facts to be prepared in case of another disappointment?

nrcrowth
15th Feb 2009, 10:23
i think oxaliza has taken over the discussion! set up your own blog or something haha

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 10:32
Don't need to, because apparently there are more than enough information but depends on who want to accept the true and be realistic. And open their eyes wider to see the big picture till the economic is getting better.

What make me up to this point is why some people wants to learn in the hard way. I understand their have their own point of view so I only do my best. Thanks and I hope you got the good news as well. And thank you for your good sense of humour ha ha I think it is funny!!:ok::D

flygirl28
15th Feb 2009, 10:59
Oxaliza - i cant answer all your points as to be honest i lost the will to live halfway through your posts!

I am not about to publish my roster on this forum as it serves no purpose whatsoever. I am not a grade 2 and therefore it would not give a fair representation of what the wannabes in this forum could expect. All i will say is that i have seen no obvious change in my roster over the x number of years i have been working for EK.

With regards to Emirates allegedly undercrewing flights at the moment, that is just down to good economic sense (if in fact that is the case that they are being undercrewed). If a flight is not full, what is the point in spending needless money on flying pay ensuring that a full complement of crew are onboard. This happened shortly after the tragic events of 9/11 and enabled to company to save money rather than waste it.

From your posts i suspect that you are not EK crew, nor have had a recent interview with Emirates. Whilst you are entitled to your opinion and some of your points have value all you are serving to do is create demotivation of those who do want to join Emirates.

You also pointed out that i had said that people were leaving because of pay, rosters, dubai etc. If you re read my post i said it would be unfair of me to state what peoples reasons were for leaving.....i merely gave an opinion as to why they might be. As far as i am aware these are the 'normal' reasons that anyone leaves a job be it with Emirates or any other company.

To all the people who still want to work for EK, please make your own decisions. I am not going to sit here and tell you that it is a bed of roses, as with any job or company it has its faults, but it also has a whole heap of positives which is why people like myself have stayed for so long. We need motivated and positive people who will carry the company through this 'crisis' and into a new more fruitful era, dont be put off by those who obviously wish to be Emirates but couldnt quite hack it.

Leito
15th Feb 2009, 11:36
What still amazes me is that this person that is annoying many of us, knowing ALL THE FACTS PERFECTLY, went ahead to the open day hoping to get a job with EK, I guess that it all turned negative when she was rejected, well, I wonder why? :}, I bet that she would be thinking very different if she was accepted, it seems to me that she wants people to boycot EK so that she feels better about the rejection.

Would the moderators PLEASE do something with this individual, she is starting to get on many of our nerves :eek:.

PS: I wasn't complaining about the SFS, it was a comment on the service, something that you hijacked from another thread which, at the momment, ITS NOT FOR YOU !!!!!!!!! :=.

MadRookie
15th Feb 2009, 11:47
...Democracy Rules.....the people have spoken.....

:oh::oh::oh::E:E:E

tiniviel
15th Feb 2009, 11:47
Is there anyone here who got final approval for march... I didnt get my final approval nor withdrawel yet :S

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 11:48
You are still avoiding the facts by saying I try to be negative coz I didn't make it through with EK. And I have to say it again and hope you can see this..I don't have that kind of thought at all.

Look back what I have posted on this forum and lots of people who have been in touch over since know me quite well, Why I'm not be like what you try to get someone to blamed on. Yes, I'm here to be blamed if what I have mentioned on this forum if's not the facts!!!

Being positive is good, your company needs more positive people yes indeed. But not being reslistic and could make some situation gone worse. I would not jump out and say such thing if I don't have the right information!!

I'm not worry about those crew who already been flying long enough, got all the licences to fly those Boeing.

I DO worry about new joiner!!

Flygirl28 please be straight up front. if you are avoiding the facts then you should say thing in the between or you afraid to just say how many time a month for A380 to be operated on your line!!

Be fair to the new joiner. Would you swap the whole roster to someone if they got only 3 times flying a month (regardless to legal hrs to fly and the licences type).

Do you well how much you could earned from 3times flying a month only?

killian1984
15th Feb 2009, 11:52
I am a G2 who recently graduated. Feb is my second month with a roster. I have 80 flying hours. I used the swap shop in January, swapped flights for my days off, and came out with 101 flying hours.

My friends are averaging 80 hours a month

So Oxalisa, seriously, be quiet, you have no idea what you are talking about.

To those who wish to join, just hang on and wait. I know it's frustrating, but hopefully it's just a slight bump on the road.
I'm loving my life and in 6 weeks of flying I've already seen many great places

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 11:56
I told you so many times but it's not get into you. Instead you are trying to blame on me that I am being negative coz I didn't get a job with EK.

Check back why I just got back to this forum, ans I told you about my friends who asked me to come back and check on this situation.

And I have found that you are still avoiding to say what I ask you.

hijack from another forum, Hey everyone, would you learn to know thing from only one book.

I believe lots of people who are reading and following this forum still want to know about what I have said.

In the past, EK was doing well even after 9/11. Think about the share and stuffs. If I don't know the facts I would not say this thing!! Think!!

MadRookie
15th Feb 2009, 11:58
Hooha killian1984 !!:ok::ok::ok:

....now plz go sit in the corner & sulk Ox....;);););)

Ok, no more in house fighting.....all agreed??

:cool::cool::cool:

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 12:02
yes, i will get back and sit in the corner for sure. Good luck with everything.:ok:

koppe
15th Feb 2009, 12:21
its just not possible to read this forum anymore! why would you spend so much time writing that nonsense!? (oxen something)
youre wasting your time and that of people who are trying to look for proper info in this forum which is usually a quitte good place for that..
and just one thing.. why do you think an english native speaker (who speaks only one language and like you make no proper use of it) .. would be any better than a person from a "developing" country who speaks your language, their language and perhaps more... no offense to anyone else actually.. but just give it some thought to what you write before u do it mate.. and then maybe youll just :oh:

instantw
15th Feb 2009, 12:26
Hi Guys,
I am really sorry for the one who could not make it at the last minut.
I just had my first day training today. And apparently we are the last training batch. until further notice (i don't know exactly when) . we met the manager today who has been really nice. she cleary explain that the economic situation in the airline world has changed and they had to review their recruiting policies. when they will resumethe recruitment, they will be even more picky.

norbu_boi
15th Feb 2009, 12:37
Hey instantw,

I received my ticket and my visa few days ago and my joining date is the 20th of Feb along with 2 guys in this forum, so i don't think that it is the last training batch ..

pinkylicious
15th Feb 2009, 12:41
Dearest Oxa,

There's no such NEED in pestering me with PMs cos I cannot waste my time replying you.. I'm not here to find fault with any of the existing Ek Crew cos everyone is entitled to their own free thought..
I'm an EK wannabee who is still expecting her Final Approval or Withdrawal with Dignity and Respect and especially with OPTIMISTIC ATTITUDE which you seem to lack and from what you have been saying on this forum, you have been DEMOTIVATING everyone from reaching their dream..because for many people out there the Emirates Dream exists...
No matter about the pay,the roster,the stress..it is already understood that working as cabin crew in ANY airline has plusses and minusses..
there are people who are yet willing to accept the job even if they got disappointed with the withdrawal email when EK will contact them within 6 months and I'm sure they will get in contact..
Eventually this recession is gonna pass and they will be needing more crew as existing crew will get upgrades and others will get trained to work on A380s...
It's only a matter of time...
Emirates is a winner..always will be..and most of it's success is due to the cabin crew and carefully planned strategies of their management..

Please Oxa, spare us the Horror of your facts, you see we are all getting annoyed cos you are taking most of the space here...
Use at least your precious time to learn some positiveness..
Without Hope, this world will be a DARK place indeed...:D

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 13:02
at least now the other facts is come up from people who are start the training today, and said they are the last to be trainned.

So forget my horror facts and be strong to deal with the facts that will come up more from people who are overthere right now.

Yes, if they contacted you in 6 months time then go ahead with them coz they would be in the better situation if they re-contact you.

My point is those who are going to join them now, today or tomorrow or next week to be prepare to live there up to 6-9 months till things are getting better. That's my point. Well, as I said I will sit back in the corner. So please follow up the facts that you blamed on me as a horror facts and learn that is life!!

If anyone can think that you are lucky to got THE email so you don't have to live overthere in this situation, you would take it as a positive attitude right?? And how about look after yourself and your mind after the stressful time to accept the reality then stand up again to apply with EK in 6-9 months or a year. Waiting is stressful enough, why would anyone here still not to let it goes and move on. Good bye, i need to get back to my corner and sit back and look at where the situation will get going to...

pinkylicious
15th Feb 2009, 13:38
Guys,

Just so that u can have a good laugh
Take a look at this video
YouTube - most wanted airlines (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-08WO4RNgM)

Enjoy!!

P.S: This is the best solution for the economic crisis to pass :}:}:}:}:}:}
Clients would pay double just to fly LYNX Airlines!!

killian1984
15th Feb 2009, 14:09
ok oxymoron, enough of the pm's.

Obviously you know better than anybody else, despite the fact that some of us are seeing things from the inside.

I am now bowing to your obvious greatness.

:ugh:

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 14:46
I always response the PMs and because you sent me PMs that's why I reply what you ask for. So why you try to put this post up and try to say that I kept on PMs you.

I think you are lost in the air now. So stop PMs me then!! You are the expert:ok: :ok: and I want to see you up here and say the same thing like this in the future. Please do not leave this forum when you have to be on SBY line (which I don't want it to happen) and have nothing to say more than the true. So when that happen feel come back and say something to sheer us up again.

P.S. you are not a new joiner, you ve been there for 2nd months roster. Look at what happening before you said. A new joiner some got a flagship to be trained on A380 and fly only on that!! 3times flying on A380 a month only!! how many hours they would make. Not like you who be trained for Boeing. Where else you have been recently?? Intra gulf, indian sub.!!

So please know the facts about the new flagship email atm. You are overthere since DEC. A new joiner here is those ppl who are waiting to go and some of them got the choices of DOJ 20th or 27th FEB with the flagship email. And this is one of my friend who already spent a futune on the medical. What makes her worried is the flagship email, now she knows the facts and be prepared to bring some more money to be overthere and to get the experience not the money!!! Haloo!! Check the up date first before you say those words!!

Please say hi to those staffs at Sheraton hotel in DAC for me, and the guy who always play the nice music from the piano opposit the lift as well. Have you been there yet??? I think you already like DAC.

tiniviel
15th Feb 2009, 16:36
I really don't understand you people arguing here and whats your reasons to argue.
Yes, Emirates is in crisis right now like the rest of the world! Yes, a job I wanted so much and was certain Ill get it is slipping through my hands and its not my fault.
I guess these are wrong times to look for job and difficult times as well. Yes, we are dissapointed, but what can we do? Nothing... just HOPE that they will recontact us when difficult times finish, I still wait for my approval or withdrawel, but Im calmer now cause I know whatever decision they make its not ME, its not THEM, its the crisis.
Of course to work for a company during crisis is not the same as it was before the crisis, but please...people...
we are all in this forum because we WANT to have this job
we are Emirates wannabees.... crisis or not... that is what we want
so... stop arguing please.... and lets try to find out some information that really matters.:ok:

Juzz51
15th Feb 2009, 16:56
Oxaliza,

A380 crew get a minimum amount of flying pay per month regardless of how little they might fly that month. Say if they fly only 50 hours, they'll get paid for the minimum amount anyway, which will be higher. I don't fly A380, so I'm not sure, but I believe the minimum is somewhere between 60-80 hours. Which isn't bad, because the past two month I've flown less then 60 hours each month on the main fleet.

One other thing, stop with the whole mentioning of PM's with other people. They are PRIVATE for a reason, so why do you come out and reveal in public what is suppose to be private...?

But the facts I was there if they offered me on flagship only A380 flying, I wouldn't. As I want to make my career not to gain an experience

If you want to make your career, then the A380 is the perfect place to do it! Upgrades are a lot faster than on the main fleet, they have so many A380s yet to come, they need new crew for that, new seniors. Anyone wanting to move up quickly would be stupid not to apply for the A380...by the time your purser you'll have done enough time on the A380 to move back to the main fleet if you wanted to.

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 17:01
Hi there, as I have try to be informative to help but lot of ppl think I try to be negative coz I didn't make it..

So..what ppl want to know? answer is INFORMATION

What happen after they know? answer is CAN NOT ACCEPT THE FACTS

What happen to the person who try to help out? annwer is...AS YOU HAVE SEEN..

some ppl here already sent me the PMs that she knows about the share and stuffs. I believe she knows better than me. Because she is overthere. And even better info. coz she told me by PMz that all the share has sold out...urmm..m I thought it was only some of the share!!!

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 17:08
I kept it private but some ppl brought it out NOT me!! Because It's a private but why some start to bring it out when they can not take the true.

And you are know the situation about your company well, now you can give them the answer.

The new joiner got the flagship email the deal is only A380 and fly 3 times a month, and yes it it is true about min 60-80 hrs. I would please to have this info. to the new joiner. As the info. about 3times flying is come from one of your crew EK email to my friend who are going overthere if everything is still in the plan by EK.

For A380 I don't think that is the way..

A380 need more experienced crew to fly more than a pure new crew!!

A380 will be flown to some areas as you know.. but more of the frequent flight will be Boeing. So A380 will not much of the promotion anyway, because not much of the aircraft will be use or even more order.

So not much of A380 flying why would they get more crew to upgrade?

Juzz51
15th Feb 2009, 17:13
You're friends can be happy about being A380 crew. They'll be getting a minimum amount of money each month, every month that beats most of the main fleet crew, they'll upgrade a lot quicker than the main fleet crew, and once they've done their 6 months probation they can fly around the world for really cheap prices with all the days off they'll be getting. There is nothing wrong with flying for the A380. There are positives and negatives, just like the main fleet. NO TURNAROUNDS being a major positive...:}

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 17:20
but what if no pax fill up A380, any company would downside the A/C to match some routes that they have to keep it on the routes map ie. SYD

So A380 will be in the hanger for maintenance, and what is the point of hoping on move up to higher position for the A/C that are in the hanger.

i have been in the situation that the airlines said we need to be on SBY lines and pull us back off the block coz A/C need to be maintenance.

But for whatever reasons the company said to us, no one should try to find out the fact.. the best is to accept that and stay home on the SBY line and no call out. I was in the situation regarding un-paid leave. Let me tell you.. it was a great fun ever!! Nob, sad and bitten.

And for ID90 and ID50 is only on EK for the first 3 years of contact.

In this crisis yes, good thing we will be on board coz no pax, no full flight.

And for those who need to pay off the loan or make it up for the money they have spent on the medical. With the min hours pay (which no garantee yet) I'm not sure anyone would have money to go on a holiday.

My friend she is working for a travel agent and we all have the industrial rates for the tickets. And those ticket is always a firm seat. So i don't think she needs that at all. She mentioned to me she want to have an experiences of flying.. for travelling as I know she has been to many countries as well.

And the A380 crew in our airline are moaning about the pay and the hrs atm so if we flown from downunder so far to everywhere and still got this problem, I still try to see to picture of flying to anywhere from DXB would be how many hrs? I know you have a positive thought as I have been thinking as well as a realistic.

Aurora-Beti
15th Feb 2009, 17:55
I just have a simple question to you guys. How do you know if you were successful on the final interview? Do they tell you straight away?

Thanks

And by the way... is there anyone from the OD - 17th Jan in Warsaw?

killian1984
15th Feb 2009, 18:10
Aurora, they will give you a call. For me it was 10 days after the final interview, others have waited longer, I think maybe up to 6 weeks.

Oxalisa, I'm done. I don't know if you are drunk or :ooh: but you are becoming less and less coherent. It doesn't seem to matter what I say, but I'm happy here and I'm flying lots of hours, and getting paid for them. I don't know where you are getting your "facts" from.
Please don't send me any more PM's. Your opinions and so called "facts" mean nothing to me

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 18:11
just got the news from TV, now Australian defence have a new policy to reduce the budget for those Army officer, now those officers have to fly only on ecnomy class to the WAR. Those Army officers have came out and said they are not going to the WAR if they have to fly on economy (usually they fly on J or F only).. what a good news... so it will be NO more people go to the war and it will be no more WAR.

Then...economic will get better!! Let's pray for that..NO WAR in Iraq!!

Kilian???...

I think you are the one who drunk and can not get enough of this..Haloo you are the person who could not stop nagging about me!! I didn't send you PMs since I said it out loud on this forum and asked you to stop PMs me!!!

you told me on PMs as you know about the share most of them are sold.. I know just only some and I told on the forum who I know from..

So who you know those information from??? Say it out then!! Or you don't kwow, if you didn't DON'T say you know" better just keep on making money as you are happy for. There are lots of people who want to make more money than what they earn atm so let's the other find out the facts and info. And Pls do anyone a favor TELL US who told you that all the share are sold???? I'm real so be real as well.

You don't care the facts you have mention all you know better than me even all the share has sold (by you say) so leave another ppl who worry about their future and be prepared to go overthere!! Don't say thing on PMs different from on the forum and blamed on someone like this. Otherwise they call B**:mad:**t

tiniviel
15th Feb 2009, 18:17
they dont tell you straight away... you will receive the call from Dubai if you were successfull or they will inform you by mail within six weeks

Aurora-Beti
15th Feb 2009, 18:27
Killian

Thanks, lucky you :) I've been waiting already 3 weeks, and have had enough already :(

Oxa-sth
Why don't you concentrate on your business what (from what you said) is such a successful thing and just let others follow their dreams. Crisis or not - it has to come to an end some day.

ooOLAoo
15th Feb 2009, 18:33
Beti
I was there in Warsaw too :}
a week ago they called me to send them a photocopy of my contract

think, they got it last Friday

now I am still waiting.... :sad:

Aurora-Beti
15th Feb 2009, 18:37
Hi Ola!!

think I remember you... do you have an uncle in Dubai called Ahmed Hahamaha?? :)
Good to hear from you.
Don't you worry... that makes us two - waiting :) It's gonna be ok!!

ooOLAoo
15th Feb 2009, 18:46
Yeah, that's me!!! :)

so happy I'm not alone :p
from now on, with You, it will be easier to wait

hope to meet you soon
...in Dubai ;)

Leito
15th Feb 2009, 19:10
Hasn't she gone to the corner yet as she said that she would?

Will someone PLEASE get a stick and beat the c :mad: p put of her !!!! :}, she is boring me to death with all that nonsence.

Aurora-Beti
15th Feb 2009, 19:14
Leito,

Do you work for EA? If yes, how is it and how do you find Dubai?

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Feb 2009, 19:45
I think the person who are immature is you. Never stop and leave ppl have their own mind of thought.

How could you become a cabin crew. No patient, no respect, dishonest, and can not accept what you did. Seems like you are the one who try to reinstruction the company policy not the one who followed as you said.

Why don't you are the one who get back to the corner and let the other find out the informaiton they want. It might be non sense to you but it is make more sense too some ppl here as well. I'm in my corner and still want to see how the situation will be.

So back to your pound and sit quietly. Regards.

P.S it cost so cheap here for the mouth guard, i can send you one for free if you could not stop barking. Free of charge.

the skys the limit
15th Feb 2009, 20:13
jeez, wats going on here, look at the arguements ur causing ox, just leave every1 alone, nobody, from what i can see is interested, so stop going on with yourself, everyone else, if u ignore some1 for long enough and dont add fuel to the fire, their bound to get bored...hopefully, 3 cheers to positivity! we will all b workin with ek very soon! :ok:

Aurora-Beti
15th Feb 2009, 20:17
the skys the limit,

that's sooo right! There is no other way, we all will finally meet in Dubai!!
Just BE POSITIVE :)

the skys the limit
15th Feb 2009, 20:20
thank you aurora, im sure we all wont have long to wait! we will get there soon and we will have a fantastic time!:D

nrcrowth
15th Feb 2009, 20:29
Oraliza I dont understand your posts they do not make sense

Can a moderator sort it out- its ruinning a really usefull forum?

pinkylicious
15th Feb 2009, 20:30
Feeling very amused after reading all these posts...
At some point I was rolling around laughing...
:}:}:}:}:}:}

Thankyou Oxa for making us laugh abit..
There was this comical side to the "disappointing dilemma" we had to go through and for some, still going through...:E;):D

Maja2U
15th Feb 2009, 20:58
I'm sorry oxaliza, but I just had to report you and your posts.:=
what you are talking about is soooooo not the topic.
a simple 'yes, i got the job' or 'no, i got canceled' would do. :rolleyes:

i came her to find some informations about whats going on and what I got was your posts (that are actually novels) proving yourself. :hmm:

that's not the issue here.:ugh:
people here are gathering informations on who and when is or isn't going, and that's all.

nobody cares about the planes, roosters, money or whatever it is that you have mentioned in your last 3752 posts! for god sake, chill!

so, please, don't reply to any more posts IF THEY ARE NOT RELATED to DOJ, THE mail or a final approval.

thank you.

alkatifa
15th Feb 2009, 22:05
ox aliza ... get a life already!! :ugh:

Oxaliza_Oxen
16th Feb 2009, 00:02
Not a problem, anyone feel free to give their opinion. And I know some of info. I posted still useful for someone here.

So it up to you, take it or not. The true is the true so I don't mind any opinion. Good thing of my post is making ppl laughing at me in this crisis which is one of the helpful thing anyway and I'm glad that some of you have read and use it for any mind theraphy for this painful time or making up their mind what to do.

Time to laugh, how long you have been waiting to turn to the certain aged, how long you have to wait for the golden call, how many times you bang your head against the wall when you couldn't reach the HR for just a small answer, How many times you cry from this, well, it has been too long guys, for some ppl who have to wait for almost a year (or half) to turn 21 to get the state of waiting for the golden call, it is way too long beyond resonable. The passion is a good thing but if it's too intense, it will become the obsession..

For the newer to this forum...if you haven't expereinced "The waiting games"...., welcome to the show! The newer still can get those answer from here, or check back those posts in the past 2 and a half month or even better back 3-4 months so the newer can see...some ppl who have a great passion to be on this forum for this long. I think it will be enough info. for the newer to know what is going on here!

Another useful threads is Emirates - Crew discussion II. for the newer who never knew what is going on within the airline itself. Have a look so you (newer) will know why A/C, rosters, money, etc. it will be effected YOU right now for YES go dubai or NO sorry..+.(reasons)..

So laugh as much as you can now and move on. Good luck everyone!! ;)

h13_c
16th Feb 2009, 04:30
anyone here who had their final interview in the early January, but still hasnt heard from the recruitment office at all??
im now in my 6th weeks after the final, i havnt received any emails (i been checking both my inbox and junk mails) neither phone calls from them.
now i have tried to send them emails and tried to call... as to emails theres still no reply nd the number i tried to call appeared to be "error" @#$$!!!
has the situation happened to anyone else??? im starting to wonder just like the number i called was error, all my connections to emirates happened to be error!

MadRookie
16th Feb 2009, 04:42
Hi:

Have you tried this number : +9714 708 1563/1564/1545/1562/1560/1557

Most times you battle to get through.....but just keep trying......

Good luck!

:ok:

pinkylicious
16th Feb 2009, 09:46
Guys,

I wrote to Emirates today and I got that awful email as a reply...
looks like they have changed the DOJ from 13 march to 15th march....

I was expecting this anyway...

Little_Red_Hat
16th Feb 2009, 10:04
... Is this gibberish of the last few pages??? Look I'm not having a go at anyone who speaks English as a second language, but OO, if native speakers can't understand you, you may want to try one of the non-English speaking forums...

if you are in fact waiting for EK it might be useful to take some English lessons as I can assure you your standard of written English is not enough to pass aviation-related tests and in communicating onboard (as you know only permitted language between crew is English)

Just think about what has been said, everyone here is having trouble understand what it is exactly that you are trying to make a point, perhaps think for a bit before you post and known when to call it a day!! :hmm:

pinkylicious
16th Feb 2009, 10:16
I'm not a native speaker, English is my second language, and even I don't understand her!!
lol!!
So I keep ignoring those posts!!:p

cielazur
16th Feb 2009, 10:48
As a migrant myself, I'm ashamed that the Department of Immigration and Citizenship allowed her through; if she were born here, that just goes to show that some people just don't commit themselves, even with the excellent education system available in our wonderful country!

tiniviel
16th Feb 2009, 11:06
well I just received withdrawel

wish_2_fly
16th Feb 2009, 11:07
I am so glad I have been too busy this last week to read this forum!!! I have never heard anybody so bitter!!

Dont worry guys.....Even if she does turn out to be right (on mars for example!) you come home.....its worth it just to see Dubai!!

The opportunity is immense...dont let it get away!!

flygirl28
16th Feb 2009, 11:46
Every airline/job has its negatives as well as positives...nothing new there.

For those of you that really want to work for Emirates don't lose sight of your goal and remain focused and positive.

Emirates is like any company, you will experience ups and downs....too many people are still working for Emirates who have lost sight of the reason they joined in the first place and are just going through the 'motions'.

To all of you that still want to work for EK, go for it!!!! Dubai offers a great lifestyle and the airline offers a fantastic opportunity not just to see the world but gain valuable skills whilst you are at it. Which other job do you know where you can work with over 200 different cultures?

If you are getting the dreaded email, take a moment and remember why you applied in the first place and why you still want the job....hopefully that will carry you through the wait until you get a definite DOJ.

Good luck to all and see you onboard

Oxaliza_Oxen
16th Feb 2009, 11:53
I like to add on you post. And I never stop anyone going overthere. And I never said to anyone to give up. But how far some ppl here want to force the reality to be in their way..

What I have seen is those people who are really want to be EK crew and seems to put lots of hope on this withdrawal to be re-contact sooner. And with the facts that some ppl think it's nonsense, it alredy clearly show and easy to guess what it could be during the next 6 months.

Well, the facts that they all know but they said it is nonsense.

Yes, don't let it get away if you have nothing to loose. I just give the info. to be prepare. At least, some more pocket money to enjoy the time in Dubai.

Well, for those who don't understand my english. Don't read it then!! Why didn't they???? ha ha ha

And I don't know how they come up wiht migration stuff!! Haloo!! think about what are you doing on the forum. Ha ha if just to be... go ahead everyone are welcome.

pickyliccccsss??? you are obsessive now. Got the withdrawal confirmed but still not try to move on instead you try to take it out from someone else. Understandable, you are sad and hurt but if you don't want to move on it's your choice. 'well, no point.. he doesn't understand the word english "Obsessive" anyway.

the skys the limit
16th Feb 2009, 11:58
omg oxa, stop winding every1 up and attacking everything they say, ur even winding up the emirates cc forum as well now, if u dont have nothing good to say, dont bother saying it.:ugh::oh::mad:

flygirl28
16th Feb 2009, 12:04
Oxaliza - for goodness sake, give it up....your posts are getting more and more childish and bare no relevance to this thread....the people who are posting on here are all ADULTS and i am sure have done their homework before signing on the dotted line. They know that NO company is without its negatives. Please if you cant add something positive to this discussion dont add anything at all.

To everyone else, perhaps if we just ignore her posts from now on she will go away!!!!!!!! Or at least we can hope!!!!!!!!

the skys the limit
16th Feb 2009, 12:18
oxa who? never heard of her!!!!:E:}

Oxaliza_Oxen
16th Feb 2009, 12:47
how about those ppl who are saying the real nonsense ie. Immigration, or english, etc.. and how about when those ppl try to attack me? Compare to my post VS those post. Wow, everyone really understand my english so why you are wasting the space to attacking me, what for?

Go and find out the facts or the true, if you don't see my point of try to let you know what to be awared and to be prepare. And I have said many times...I don't want to see anymore ppl get upset again and again.

I still say EK is a very very good to work with. But from those crisis in the past. whenever and whatever happen EK never be this real bad.

Yes, the economic crisis is everywhere. But EK is in Dubai where all the money is from the investor, nothing is them.. No investor in Dubai, where the money will come from??

How about you just sit back, relax with what you truely believe and ignore my post. Because I am relaxing and sit back to see what will happen next. Inshallah!

norbu_boi
16th Feb 2009, 12:48
Cabin Crew Global Assessment Days & Open Days
The Emirates Cabin Crew Recruitment Team currently has no Open days or Global Assessments scheduled at any international destination. However, please continue to check the website regularly and keep your application details updated.
Thank you for your continued interest in Emirates airline and Group.

Copy paste from their website

Xx

h13_c
16th Feb 2009, 12:52
MadRookie,
thx for all the contact numbers.

Pinkylicious,
so u sent them email today and got a reply from them straight away? thats good that ur DOJ only delays two days.
seems lyk im the only one that doesn hear from them at all.

flying away
16th Feb 2009, 12:52
hi all wannabes I just want you to read this

1/ i the emirates web site said :The Emirates Cabin Crew Recruitment Team currently has no Open days or Global Assessments scheduled at any international destination 0000

2/ I'v been trying to update my application today and oppppppppppppssssssss a msg appear said ( you can not update your status now you can do it after your acceptance of our offer ) ohhhhh what offer they are talking about here and why I can not enter my application any one have any idea
can any one of you try to update his application and see if this msg will appear please would you

pinkylicious
16th Feb 2009, 13:27
Hi there,

Are you waiting for feedback after final interview or did u already do ur medicals???
I guess if you are waiting for feedback, and have waited for more than 6 weeks..I suggest you ring them up or write to them to see your status...

Good Luck!

Maja2U
16th Feb 2009, 13:43
well, NOW i'm confused. :{

i don't get it at all...

the only thing that was repeating over and over was that all the groups with their DOJ in February did get their visas and are going.
the rest of us with DOJ after February got a withdrawal. right?

but now it seems that pinkylicious (13-3-09) is still going...
than why did the rest of the 13-3-09 group got canceled???:confused:

so far, there was a pattern- it was logical to stop the recruitment with Februaury and to cancel the rest of us due to economy crisis.

but, what kind of a crisis are we talking about if some got canceled and some didn't and their DOJ was the same date???
it's hard to say this, after all, i am one of the receivers of THE mail (:{), but could it be that it's NOT all about the f***ing crisis??? :sad:

Little_Red_Hat
16th Feb 2009, 13:47
Good idea... :E

Wow no PMs??? I escaped :P

Pinky, are you going to try for EY?? Apparently they are still recruiting. I have a friend who just started with Ek a few weeks ago, yet some are getting withdrawals of offers, and yet more are still receiving E-tickets & visas. Where is the logic???

The comment on the crew thread re: EK keeping their promise... it's a pity they're not. I think anyone who has had an offer and has been given a DOJ should still be allowed to fly out. After all EK are the ones who say 'don't resign until we say,' so of course people felt secure in selling homes, leaving jobs etc.

I know it's all because of the economic crisis, but surely these people could work as ground crew or something until flying slots come up?? Badly done EK!!! :p

Oxaliza_Oxen
16th Feb 2009, 14:06
This will be my last post. I promise to everyone and this is the true I want to leave to you guys to think about it!!

"Emirates now sold the share to EY"

this is the fact and the conclusion for everyone who don't know.

The rest use your brain!!! To get those answer for yourself.

pinkylicious
16th Feb 2009, 14:07
Maja: I think you are confused...
in fact i'm not joining EK for the time being until further notice..My Doj was 13 march but in the email they have put it for 15 march..but i have hope they will re-contact us soon!!!
The pattern was that the ppl who already got final approvals are joining because Emirates had already given the OK to resign from current job...

Red Little Hat: In fact I am filling the online application form for EY..
But I have missed out an Open Day in Milan (as I live in Rome) I couldn't travel so far..
I don't know when will be the next OD..anyways I saw that EY requires 2 years of customer service background/experience...etc..:ugh:
Do they take that into account??

Leticc
16th Feb 2009, 14:17
There is something worse than THE withdrawn e mail: I got the RIDICULOUS e mail.
Dear Leticia:
This is regarding your final interview with Emirates for the position of Cabin Crew. Despite repeated attempts to contact you via telephone and e-mail, unfortunately we have not been able to reach you regarding the outcome of your application. We will assume that you are no longer interested in the Cabin Crew position and your file will be closed with immediate effect.
Thanks & regards,

Cabin Crew - Recruitment Admin

East Rose
16th Feb 2009, 14:21
LEAVIATEUR, I've read your message and I have several questions to you or to anyone who could know: must those candidates who have already sent all medicals and report collect all those tests once more later? I've passed all their selecting steps and they even informed me the exact day of my joining but suddenly I got a diappointing letter from recruitment office. they withdrow all their vacant jobs and they said me that they let me know when they have the next courses... what should we wait and DID WE WASTE OUR TIME AND MONEY WHILE COLLECTING ALL THOSE TESTS, FILMS AND DOCTOR'S REPORTS? Please, answer me on my mail: [email protected] as I am thinking of it all the time and I warry very much! Thank you!!

wish_2_fly
16th Feb 2009, 14:38
EK or EY - WHO CARES!!!

They both have aeroplanes!!!

Hahaha this is sooooooo funny!!

h13_c
16th Feb 2009, 14:44
thats horrible. so all of a sudden they sent u that email?

Aurora-Beti
16th Feb 2009, 14:55
Hi to all of you!

It's all so sad what you write in here. This f***ing situation kills me. I've just got an email (everyone knows what that means).
:(

ooOLAoo
16th Feb 2009, 14:57
I received a negative e-mail from Emirates today in the morning...

:bored:

zerozol
16th Feb 2009, 15:14
Hi all!

Oxaliza, just some points needed a precision:

-Airboy doesn't fly since 2006, but he began in April 2008 - it's clearly written on his blog.

- as far as I know, at the moment there are 2 groups of crew: let's say group 1 flying on the so called "mainfleet" (B777 all types and A330/340 all types), having the licence for both of this 2 sort of airplanes (if i'm not wrong a crew can have 3 licences). members of group 2 are flying ONLY on A380, having 1 and only licence for this type; all this can be learned from PPRuNe or several crewblogs.

so the roster of Airboy doesn't do anything with A380, since he joined before the arrival of Superjumbo.

yes, the A380 crew aren't flying so much than others, but longer flights (more hours paid) and more layovers (more allowance) - maybe (almost) the same balance at the end of a month. And they are doing these few destinations in a month, yes, LHRs and JFKs in a month, but lot of it; nowadays SYD-AKL as well. that's all i know from a mate working on A380.

yes, apparently the new joiners for this year will be licensed to A380 only; but if you watch the orderbook of Emirates, they will have 30 A330-300's and a lot of B777-300ER's during the next years (and after that the B787s and A350s, and who knows, maybe B747-8i as well). so with the obvious fleet-rejuvenating there will be a decent number of new "mainfleet" aircraft as well, not only the forthcoming A380's.

that means other new joiners would be licensed to the mainfleet (apparently from next year)

and all these things are above of the global crisis, wich would affect all of the airlines, EK as well, of course.

what about minimum crew? if you cite Airboy's blog, you should read that lot of EK routes are half empty. i really doubt that it's hard to cover... and yes, it is the global crisis!

Z

char bar
16th Feb 2009, 18:59
hey guys

I got woke up to "the email" too doj was the 6march..

oh well time to get on with things. im sorry to all the others that got it yesterday as well . keep smiling :):):):)xx

Skywards
16th Feb 2009, 21:22
I'm so sorry to hear that char bar, I was hoping you had managed to slip through the cracks somehow....no such luck!

Well it sounds like most of us that had DOJ's have had them cancelled. At least we are all in the same situation together.

As soon as anyone hears anything from them be sure to let us know so we can start hassling them again!

lewie
17th Feb 2009, 00:35
hi guys just wanted to let you know that my friend who had a DOJ of April 12 (or there abouts?) got the email over the weekend.

Little_Red_Hat
17th Feb 2009, 01:21
Pinky, are you asking if you MUST have 2yr customer service??? If you have been working for 2yrs or more then likely you have it... even if you were working as receptionist or serving sandwiches in a shop, it's all customer service. If you let me know exactly what it is you were asking I might be able to help you some more. Don't worry too much, I have 10yr customer service and STILL can't get an invite with EY...! Perhaps such a thing as TOO MUCH experience... :p

Skywards
17th Feb 2009, 02:04
So does EY pay as much as Emirates? My friend who is going over soon as a Food and Beverage Manager for them only gets paid 5000 dirhams a month and 40 dirhams per hour flying pay, which is a touch more than Emirates Cabin Crew-but she is a Manager!

That would be my main reason for not applying...

h13_c
17th Feb 2009, 03:37
today i called them, asking for the result of my final interviw, it wasnt hard to get thru to the line at all, mayb cos i called in the early morning 8.30am Dubai time.
all she asked me was when my final interview was, and that i should get a response very shortly.
her answer leaves me a lot to think.:uhoh:

flying away
17th Feb 2009, 06:52
leticia I am so sorry for you but you really have to call them coz my friend got the same e-mail I want to ask you what you were waiting for I mean the results of the final interview or the results of the medicals did you send them an e-mail befor this awful e-mail can you tell us your story

Sheenab1983
17th Feb 2009, 08:06
I dont mean to be pessimistic for you h13c but this is the answer Emirates gave me to all of my phone calls for 12 weeks after final interview until one morning that infamous email popped into my inbox and shattered all my dreams of going to Dubai any time soon. :ugh:

Aurora-Beti
17th Feb 2009, 08:16
Don't you worry!! We all have to get through this situation. This economic situation will end sooner or later, but we'll all meet in Dubai one day!!!

Trust me, don't give up on your dreams. Keep following them!

I've been turned down just yesterday after 3 weeks of waiting, but I know what I aim at and I know I'd be a great CC, and I will get there one day!! So will you!!!

Good day to all of you.

..... my dream is to fly, over the rainbow so high....

emirates39
17th Feb 2009, 08:18
****************News from DUBAI***************

Hi every1,

Iv been reading this forum for a few weeks now & my doj was 6th March. Yesterday I got THE EMAIL....even though i kind of knew it was coming i was still shocked!

I have a sister out in Dubai working for Emirates who today has been on the case to every1 she can trying to get some answers....THe good news is that I have woke up to a text from here saying that they do still have every1s names on a list in order of when medicals were complete...the bad news is that could be around July when they contact us...depending on the situation.

I hope this helps to the people who have had THE EMAIL...I know its not the start we expected but our names are still there & thats what counts! I have quit my job 4weeks ago for my original doj 6th Feb but remain positive & i will wait for Emirates to call.

If every 1 will message me with the date that they sent completed medicals then I will check what order people are in to get the call...then it can give us some idea where we are on the list! For the people who havnt yet completed the medicals dont panic....the job will still be yours...just check for the go-ahead before completing it.

Sorry that my thread is so long but hopefully it will get noticed!!!
Keep smiling :) xxx

ooOLAoo
17th Feb 2009, 08:44
BETI,
think you're right!
of course we'll meet one day in Dubai,
just like I said on the first day of our recruitment process in Warsaw :}
it's just a matter of time....

East Rose
17th Feb 2009, 10:57
I sent all my medicals and reports on 5th of February. Is it possible to get learnt when they may call me?

Today I have got a message the same as HARRY-DUX said and in some way it's really rediculous to pass the final interview again but the recruitment team may deside not to carry out this interview. I hope they'll not do it:) :confused:

Aurora-Beti
17th Feb 2009, 13:04
Olcia,

I think your uncle Ahmed didn't do his best to get us there.
You should talk to him :ooh:

the skys the limit - for the creative mind there are no limits! ;)

Little_Red_Hat
17th Feb 2009, 15:44
Airboy, you didn't see the half of it. Thank god the mods removed the more confusing/offensive posts!!

Glad we have someone to give us the facts... and ONLY the facts!! (I don't think FACTS is a word Oxa knows- s/he was stirring on the Qantas thread earlier as well)

Therefore people, if you have questions about EK, as said here check the FAQ that Airboy has kindly spent ages writing as the info is quite up to date & recent!!! :ok:

Sodwee
17th Feb 2009, 15:51
Yet again, things might have changed since I joined. Especially about the cash advance.

Little_Red_Hat
17th Feb 2009, 16:02
Yah but given your investigative skillz I'm sure you could find out...! ;)

alkatifa
17th Feb 2009, 16:25
Help was much apreciated indeed :ok:

FlyBoy1983
17th Feb 2009, 19:38
does anyone have an idea why emirates cancelled all the near open and assesment days? may it be because of the global financial crise?

the skys the limit
17th Feb 2009, 21:20
err, yes! doh!:ugh:

Aurora-Beti
17th Feb 2009, 21:32
Hahaha :))))))))))))))

FlyBoy1983
17th Feb 2009, 22:19
sorry i am new here and a bit lazy to read all the pages and posts :p

anyway...i hope they start recruiting soon.

BlueSkySid
18th Feb 2009, 03:53
EK have ceased recruitment for the next coming months (I heard something like 6-9 months) due the world's economic downturn.

I've been pursuing this dream since 2006 successfully making it through all assessments, screenings and interviews 3 times in a row. My downfall is not having a high school certificate which is why I'm currently completing Certificate III in Hospitality Operations as a traineeship due to finish April this year. I was some what shattered to find EK had postponed all open days until further notice since my plan was to attend the recruitment drive in melbourne this saturday coming (21.02).

If I can hang in there for as long as I have, anyone can... Follow your dreams & never give up!

Aurora-Beti
18th Feb 2009, 06:43
I agree with you BlueSkySid!!
Just follow your dreams!!

pinkylicious
18th Feb 2009, 06:51
Guys,
I wanna tell you a curious thing that happened to me yesterday!
After receiving the email stating the withdrawal, yesterday i got an email addressed to ccjoiners and to me as well, (I cannot mention any names here pls), saying " Hi CCJ we do not have the candidate's contact number"

So obviously I was very surprised and since the email was addressed also to me, I quickly replied giving my contact mumber.

I immedialtely received a reply saying, "Thanks, well noted"

So here u go guys, we WILL be DEFINITELY contacted!!!

Needless to say, this incident gave me loads of HOPE!!!!!!:):):)

And it should everyone of u hope too!!

Fingers crossed!

monjam
18th Feb 2009, 08:49
Your DOJ is 20th of Feb? so is mine! However a day after I sent my medicals last week on the 9th of Feb I got the devastating email that my offer had been withdrawn..Im so angry and upset as I ha not looked for work for 2 mnths and quit my job as soon as I got final approval in dec I also was living abroad and packed up my life to leave for Dubai only to recieve such unfair sickening news a week before DOJ..has anyone else got DOJ on 20th? and recieved ticket and visa? Im wondering maybe if this group has been cancelled. Furthermore I find the withdrawal email sent totally irrelevant to my situtation considering my medicals have all been approved. Stating in my signed contract I was offered a position once my medicals have been succesful and satisfactory. How can they do this to peoples lives, its not just the medicals I want reimbursment for but my 3 months time of wasting it away in not pursueing something else such as another job. Thanks to emirates Im totally stranded now between countries as I have no where to live since I gave up my apartment and dont have a ticket back home where Im from..can someone help and tell me what I should do??? I cant get through to any EK recruitment as none are answering phones!!!

Butterfly_B
18th Feb 2009, 09:00
Hey, have anyone with DOJ 27 Feb received their ticket and visa yet?, I am anxiously awaiting mine....:O

MadRookie
18th Feb 2009, 09:15
...same here....still waiting, but it should happen 4 days before 27 Feb......

Anyone with DOJ 27 Feb received visa & tickets yet??

It is very heartwarming to see the avid hope of all you good people.....that's the spirit :)

monjam
18th Feb 2009, 10:19
my doj is feb 20th too! Yet i got the unjust email stating i was withdrawn despite the fact ive already handed in my medicals and spent over 1000 dollars..im really happy 4 u and wish u the best but confused why i wasnt included to be given my tiket and visa..im totally stranded now as i had prepared to leave..when did u hand in ur medicals?

sydflyboi
18th Feb 2009, 10:33
Yeah good luck with that the same has pretty well much happened to me as well and after having done everything (months wasted like you) as per their instrustions was dropped 6 days before I was due to fly. I have sent countless emails and tried to call about being compensated for the medicals and funnily enough the same lack of response yet again from them and not being able to get through on any number :ugh:. I dont suppose they care how much some peoples lives have been affected after having signed a contract in good faith and followed everything that needs to be done to be employed to be simply dropped just like that. I can appreciate and understand why it was done but it has been poorly handled for everyone affected. Its not as if it happened overnight now that the world economy changed. It simply would have been much easier to stop all open days and the taking of interest as they have done so as to have no back log of applicants to go back through and employ those which already had signed a contract and passed medicals as per what was required. Again note that we would have only been dropped if we did not pass the medicals. As I passed these the airline has broken the contract on me and therefore should compensate those affected. I wont be waiting 6 - 9 months to see if I may be contacted and have the oppotunity to reapply as their very vauge email advised. I don't see why I should have to reapply and go through it all over again. Good luck though with any compensation.

ooOLAoo
18th Feb 2009, 11:36
damn!
it's so frustrating...
frankly to say, I did not realise that after signing the contract you can be treated like that....
obviously I understand that there is an economic crisis,
but as you have written here, people change their whole lives,
make difficult decisions like giving up their jobs...

that's why hoping and waiting is becoming extremely hard...

I am so confused. :uhoh:

MadRookie
18th Feb 2009, 14:02
Yo:

I handed in my medicals on 5 Jan, & receive email from EK on 29 Jan giving me permission to resign from my employer, which I have subsequently done.

To:[email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 12:15 PM
Subject: FINAL APPROVAL - 27.02.09

Dear XXXXXXXXXX
We are pleased to inform you that we have obtained the final approval on your application. For this reason, you may now tender your resignation so that you can join the organization as early as possible. Once done, kindly scan and email us a copy of your resignation acceptance from your present employer.

You shall receive the final briefing email along with the visa/ticket 4 days before the traveling date; please check your email frequently. You will be able to travel with the print out of the visa and ticket (E-ticket).

Please note that you are allowed to carry 50 kgs on Emirates Airline, please make sure that any suitcase you have shouldn’t exceed 32 kg.
Note: You will not be allowed to join without providing us with the Resignation acceptance letter.
If you have any further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us. Welcome on board.
Date Of Joining- 27th February 2009 – please advise if you cannot join on that date.
You may be required to travel a day or 2 prior to the DOJ mentioned above depending on the availability of flights.
Best wishes.
Thanks & Regards,
Cabin Crew Recruitment Admin Team

Soooooo......now I am jobless & waiting.......but I have faith & will persevere :)

zerozol
18th Feb 2009, 14:24
hi Flyboy,

don't be lazy to get accurate information!!!

this is the most important part before changing lifestyle and workplace!!!

just in this forum there are several threads about Emirates, just begin to read!

anyway, this year there aren't so much aircraft to join Emirates, beside the crisis that's the other reason for postponed recrtuiting!

read, read, read... :)

Z

zerozol
18th Feb 2009, 14:27
Sodwee,

i don't want to look like professor or something, but you began flying with Emirates as cabin crew on the 28th April, 2008, not March, as you mentioned. :D

source: Doha……..and back. First Suppy ! | AIRBOY (http://*****************/~redcandy/airboy/2008/04/28/dohaand-back-first-suppy/)

first flight to Doha on that day... do you remember? :):)

z

alkatifa
18th Feb 2009, 15:01
Good on ya MadRookie....hang in there!

MadRookie
18th Feb 2009, 15:57
Thanking you kindly :ok::)

FlyBoy1983
18th Feb 2009, 17:11
@ zerozol

yea, you are right, thats what i am doing at the moment, reading reading reading :p:)

Leito
18th Feb 2009, 17:13
anyway, this year there aren't so much aircraft to join Emirates,

Hey ZEROZOL, are you sure about that?

Gulfnews: Emirates to expand flights by 14 per cent in 2009 (http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Aviation/10287176.html)

This year, the Dubai-based carrier will add 18 new passenger aircraft to its fleet, increasing seating capacity by 14 per cent and enabling it to start new routes as well as increase frequencies on many existing routes. It will also expand cargo capacity by 17 per cent.

Guys please check your facts !!! :ok:

zerozol
18th Feb 2009, 18:09
to Leito,

i said: this year. not financial year. :)

1., if you cite something, cite every important information: "By the end of the 2008-09 financial year (ending 31st March 2009), that figure will stand at 132"

and, until december, we don't know how much aircraft will join the fleet: "The carrier will welcome a further seven A380s in fiscal year 2009-10 (ending 31st March 2010), as well as 10 Boeing 777-300ER, one 777-200LR and one Boeing 777 freighter."

that's a rule of PR and communication: give sparkling informations, and hide the truth. :) yep, very simplistic point of view, but this is the fact. i work and my cousine is working too for a newspaper. :)

sooo, as i said this year (2009, from January to December), and as we know that there was a quite decent strike at Boeing, the deliveries are surely delaying (not to mention the delays of A380 this year as well: "the A380 delivery plan for 2009 has already been adjusted downwards by three units from last year's revised figure of 21 aircraft." source: FlightGlobal).

plus add, that i have an internal information source, not newspapers and PR-offices, writing in a manner to amaze the Public... :)

that means, in this calendar year (2009, from January to December), most probably, the number of last years' new aircraft won't be held.

2., as you can read in some threads, minimum crew is set to EK-flights.
that means, with the less aircraft than the years before, fewer new joiners are needed to fit the flights, even with this 14% increase!

3., as i mentioned PR, and with the one and only announced new destination until this time, i am curious to this 14% increase of capacity!

not to mention that if you want see the "facts" only, this is an increase of seating capacity; the first chapter of the cited press article is only an opinion, followed by the facts. nobody will ask Emirates in March 2010: khm, sorry, where are the new flights and more frequencies You said in February 2009?

who the hell will check this in December 2009, or in March 2010?...even if it's true, this is planned until March 2010, so not until this December...

in short, what do you think, why EK stopped recruiting? just because of minimum crew? not just for fun, that's sure. :)

delayed deliveries for the next several months, minimum crew, and suffering economy: i really suppose the new aircraft and routes from the 3rd quarter of 2009 but mostly from the new year...

So guys/Leito, read carefully other's posts, and do some research, plus always ask about the truth (not the real!) :)

syd_dxb_maybe
18th Feb 2009, 23:54
move over the oxen...here comes another person adamant to state the facts :p thanks zerozol, I never have to do my own research... :ok:

Skywards
19th Feb 2009, 01:17
Hi everyone....hope you are all feeling a bit better about the withdrawal-I certainly am!

I just posted on the Etihad forum but thought I might tell you guys as well. My friend who is going to Abu Dhabi to work for Etihad in a couple of weeks has now had her training postponed by a month. She has quit her job, sold car etc and is frieking out! Apparently Emirates aren't the only ones to not do the right thing! Maybe this is just a one off, who knows! I am just trying to convince her things will be fine...hope they are not going in the direction of Emirates too!

EYner
19th Feb 2009, 07:01
Etihad is doing great ... they postponed her training period just because of the big number of newbees coming over ... Emirates has stopped recruiting because they have realised that the business is not going so well in some sectors so thay have to get a hold of everything and think about what they are going to do about it. Etihad has so many destinations to launch this year so they need hips of crew ... whoever is worried about Etihad and if they are going on the same path as Emirates the answer is no ... they have more money and they don t even care ... voila

zerozol
19th Feb 2009, 08:50
syd_dxb_maybe,

i just tried to shed light on my previous post as Leito misunderstood some things...

if my post is too organized, sorry for that. :) but i just tried to think about actions, processes and press releases, and someone asked about stopped recruiting so i wrote my opinion - the only fact mentioned by me only is the rule of PR. :)
the others (delays by Boeing etc) are just simple facts that everyone knows...

and that you resembled my post to that of Oxa... okey, no comment on this. :)

do you have point to point refutations on my post, or just this resembling? :)

if somebody does, i'm really open to every other opinions about possible recruiting for the forthcoming months, Leito and i cited a lot of informations about the limits of future fleet expansion, and the f a c t that Emirates stopped recruiting, isn't a secret anyway. :)

i really don't think if someone tries to think and this does by a post should be condamned - if it's done with clarity and on-topic.
i'm started to be convinced that i'm between these 2 lines, as you didn't pointed out anything concerning my propositions. :)

that's the essence of forums...

okey, i'm talking too much. :)

peace!
Z

fly.high
19th Feb 2009, 10:41
Skywards: So does EY pay as much as Emirates? My friend who is going over soon as a Food and Beverage Manager for them only gets paid 5000 dirhams a month and 40 dirhams per hour flying pay, which is a touch more than Emirates Cabin Crew-but she is a Manager!

That would be my main reason for not applying...

+++ get your facts straight dearie

syd_dxb_maybe
19th Feb 2009, 11:52
zerozol,

it's all good...I just think it's great that you're so dedicated to research and write this stuff on here to share and as I said in my last post, I read it, and don't have to go anywhere else to get information :cool: and I'm sure everyone else appreciates it too ;) i'ts cool.

this forum is so mixed with posts that range from many things and offcourse many emotions...I love coming on and reading about everyone's experience, positive/negative and offcourse posts like yours with people

anyway... time to :zzz:

dazednconfused
19th Feb 2009, 15:03
fly.high:

The F&B managers make a lot of money..one of them just told me yesterday that he is making around 16.000 dhs a month! and they do the exact same job as the FJ's..but with more knowledge probably..

And it's hard to say whether EY crew or EK crew make more...some say one some say another....but I think its about the same!! also, its more expensive to live in Dubai.

EmiPoland
19th Feb 2009, 15:18
Dear Ola - Poland and the rest great Wannabies....

Does it mean we all got negatives...?
Seems like the Assessment day in Warsaw, Poland on 17th january was pointless...I dont say it was a waste of time because I think we all learned a lot - especially those 24 people who got through the final interview...
I would like to know if the crisis is a real reason or what is going on...
Reading about those people from other parts of the world who actually have been accepted and now they training is postponed...this is all messed up....

alkatifa
19th Feb 2009, 15:36
Pretty much the one and only thing we can do at the moment is having our fingers crossed if they would keep those promises of coming back to us in 6,7,8,9 months time.........

EmiPoland
19th Feb 2009, 15:38
I have a question about age...

What about the age of people applying for CC?
Im 27 - recently took part in an Assessment day in Warsaw...got through the final interviev and the a week later got a No reply...
I understand that we have to be at least 21, but what is the limit....up to 30?
I heard the younger the better...
What do you think about it guys?

Thanks and I wish us all luck with all my heart...:)

alkatifa
19th Feb 2009, 15:47
Age is not an issue unless you're 35 or older, at least with EK or EY.

The majority of the european airlines do have a ceiling of about 27 years old, regarding wannabes with no previous experience.

EmiPoland
19th Feb 2009, 17:20
Thank you for the information...so my age isnt an issue....yet..:)

hello trolley dolly
19th Feb 2009, 17:24
Hi everyone!
My DOJ was originally January 30 and was changed to February 20 and now I received an email telling me to quit my job and that I will be joining March 27 and working on the Airbus A380. Is anyone in the same or similar position? and has anyone who recieved the withdrawl email been previously notified to quit their job or had simply received a DOJ and sent in medicals?

monjam
19th Feb 2009, 18:23
Hi Emirates39,

My DOJ was Feb 20th and just after sending my medicals last week I recieved the withdrawal email instead. Im still coming to the terms tha only a month ago I had so much to look forward to yet now its all disapreared. I hope you can tell me if you know if you think they will contact us again and consider that we had sent our medicals already.

Im really confused with what is going on now as I had prerpared myself to leave. Do you think they will still call us in near future with a new DOJ?

Thanks

monjam
19th Feb 2009, 18:29
Hi flyboi, so does this mean that from the email of withdrawal we got even thought we signed a contract and everythiing and sending medicals our job offer isnt even valid and wont even be working for them in near future and have to reapply again??

Im so confused?

Aurora-Beti
19th Feb 2009, 19:10
Oi!

Ola, it is still NO answer, but let's hope that is a difference for the Emirates :)

Stay cool

:)

monjam
19th Feb 2009, 19:12
But in the email it says "
Please note that we will seek to re-contact you when we have our next course start dates confirmed to determine if you are still interested in being considered again for a career as a Cabin Crew team member in our airline."

DOes this mean I will still be working with them soon? and just change my DOJ?

tazmania777
19th Feb 2009, 20:02
If you wanna die early due to stress and fatigue...Fly emirates..join the cabin crew fleet..If you can tolerate lack of sleep for several days,serve smelly passengers,clean the toilets w/ the puke,pee,poop,etc. ENJOY flying until you last...

Skywards
19th Feb 2009, 21:11
fly.high
+++ get your facts straight dearie

Thanks for that really helpful post. Obviously I'm lying about what her contract says?? Admitedly, she and I were very surprised at how little she was earning according to her contract, she was expecting much more. Perhaps you could help me 'get my facts straight' as to what she should be earning? If I'm so very wrong, surely you have the right information rather than just telling me how wrong I am?

hello trolley dolly
My DOJ was originally January 30 and was changed to February 20 and now I received an email telling me to quit my job and that I will be joining March 27 and working on the Airbus A380. Is anyone in the same or similar position? and has anyone who recieved the withdrawl email been previously notified to quit their job or had simply received a DOJ and sent in medicals?

That's fantastic news for you! Here we were thinking that all training had been cancelled, but clearly it hasn't if they told you to quit your job! Considering they have moved you around so much, it's great that you get to go! I don't know about the others but I never received the email to quit my job. I submitted medicals and had DOJ but was waiting on the final approval when I got the withdrawal. Congratulations!

Maja2U
19th Feb 2009, 21:17
ok, WTF??? are we all crazy or what??? how come we all got canceled due to a finance crisis BUT there are some people who, as we speak, are getting 'quit your job, you are coming in march' e-mail???

Skywards
19th Feb 2009, 21:43
^who knows? I don't think there is much reason to the way they are doing things, well at least from our perspectives (with very limited information). I think we would be wasting our time trying to understand how they are coming to their decisions, I tried and it got far too confusing! At least it gives us a little hope that they may contact us soon too!

MadRookie
20th Feb 2009, 03:55
hi Trolley....

Read my post on page 71, post nr 1418

monjam
20th Feb 2009, 08:41
Congrats! thats great!...so whats going on is that their still running the training?? Are we who had DOJ still going to be contaceted or not? This is so frustrating I really wish I knew what they are planning and hoping its very soon unless they only wrote that to get us off their backs because obvioulsy some people are still going through

tiniviel
20th Feb 2009, 09:00
it is confusing... I thought all mrch has been cancelled....I guess if they do contact us it wont be before august or something

nrcrowth
20th Feb 2009, 12:07
ibelieve they have a cut off
and the people that are still flying out in feb march- must have handed all medicals in long before myself and others who got withdrawel email!

makes sense to me!

pinkylicious
20th Feb 2009, 12:36
I actually feel like kicking myself...if they really had a cut-off as u are assuming..
I had all the necessary time to complete all my medicals but was put off bcos of some :mad: test ( a real minor thingie) that the doc insisted i got to do...so it took almost 20 days for me..( i was given the good news on Dec 30th)

:\:\:ugh: I'm so pissed..

tiniviel
20th Feb 2009, 13:17
we can be cut off... just not for good??!! Thats my only hope

Aurora-Beti
20th Feb 2009, 13:49
Guys,

If you really want something, you'll get it. Sooner or later, but you will! So for those who want to become a CC - just take your chances and never give up. Life is too short for wasting time, so don't wait for anything or anyone, just keep following your dreams!

all the best

tiniviel
20th Feb 2009, 15:03
Emirates | About Emirates | News | Emirates Announces 2009 Expansion Plan (http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/about/news/news_detail.aspx?article=411638&offset=0)

monjam
20th Feb 2009, 15:29
TOday was when I was meant to start :( I knew since dec 17th!!! I handed my medicals on the 9th FEb only because the email wouldnt go through...
Im so pissed as I had sent my medicals before the withdrawal email !!!

Do u think they will contact us soon to start again?

zerozol
20th Feb 2009, 15:59
tiniviel,

this kind of PR-stuff was discussed on page 72. :)

in this thread it is discussed by pilots and other ppl:
http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/362773-emirates-grows-2009-a.html

here you can find a very interesting comment about the decreasing number of passangers on western routes for example (and on several crew's blogs you can read 2/3 full flights or LHR-flights with 30(!) pax on economy)...

but okey, let's say this crisis is for now and the forthcoming months. this press release goes until March 2010 - time will tell. :)

syd_dxb_maybe,

dont believe in anybody's comment! they are just starting points. own research based on these points are really recommended... if more than 1 person say the same thing, it can be a very good starting point. :)

bye

z

nrcrowth
20th Feb 2009, 18:48
After emailing Emirates I was told that they will keep me informed regarding the situation and new start dates when they are available!
Regarding my medicals- they said depending on how long the new start dates will be- i will need to retake some of the medicals again; such as blood tests! but guess not all of them!

hope his gives some hope out! :bored:

monjam
20th Feb 2009, 19:47
Did they say anything about reimbursing medical reports?

I hope they give us dates soon

EASY 69
20th Feb 2009, 21:26
It might be worth checking here, google airappoint and send them a CV. From what I understand the initial panic of the downturn in the world is starting to subside and organisations are again looking at a small improvement. It won't be huge but at least it's something.

alkatifa
21st Feb 2009, 02:06
Thanx mate. At this point all help is greatly apreciated.

Aurora-Beti
21st Feb 2009, 20:03
Alkatifa,

Forca Portugal! :}
E boa sorte para ti com Emirates!

bjs

Sodwee
21st Feb 2009, 20:54
Zerozol,

Lol you make a point there, but I was refering to the day I joined (DOJ for those who know this acronym too well...) which was 14th of March 2008 :

"23 year old male Flight Attendant currently working for Emirates and has been since March 2008"
Just to add some 'FACTS' in the discussion, I have seen my promotion postponed until further notice because of the rescaling of the fleet. I will have to operate in Cattle Class for some time before I can move up to Business Class. And this applies to every single hopeful crew who was waiting for an upgrade at this point.

zerozol
22nd Feb 2009, 08:09
okey, Airboy/Sodwee,

so this is a misunderstood. you wrote in your post #1400 "I only started flying since March 2008", that's why i replied "hey boy, you started in 28th April, you don't remember?" as this is the reality, based on an article, in your own blog, that i cited. :)

you didn't wrote in that post "i was joining EK in March..."
i hope we understand each other now. :)

anyway, i'm really down over your postponed upgrade, and wish you a lot of force for working on Economy...actually i heard about a business -> first upgrade running in March, so i hope that you will be permitted to upgrade as soon as possible!

z

mikesofly3000
22nd Feb 2009, 09:10
I just received my e-ticket and visa from Emirates today and i'm going to Dubai on Feb 27th....Finally Finally!!!! :E:E:E:E

Anyone's going with me???

Good luck guys and see you soon in Dubai....

monjam
22nd Feb 2009, 09:18
I dont get it?

I thought we were all withdrawn?

So are we still all being accepted or what?

nrcrowth
22nd Feb 2009, 11:12
Mikesofly3000 could you please clarify when you sent all your medicals off?

I think we'll see that you sent them off Jan time?

I believe people that sent them like myself end Jan beg Feb hit the cut off date to have dojs delayed

clear things up?

Enjoy urself out there xx

EYGirl
22nd Feb 2009, 12:25
I know another person that started last Friday 20th, she was confirmed by november and had to postpone her entry because of some issues with her job.
I am afraid that Mike´s situation is very similar, he had his confirmation few months ago but had to delay it due to a US Visa issue.
So, for those waiting for a rumour or a miracle, the thing is that those that were confirmed early this year or lately last year are getting into the last ab-initio courses planned before the break.
By the time I was working for EY I had a friend that joined EK during 2004, she entered a year after her final interview because there was a slowdown in courses due to an over-popullation of cc´s. So this is not the first time it is happening, for those waiting my advise is to do something else for the following 6-12 months until the situation reverts to normal conditions.
I wonder how many people got thru to the 27th DOJ besides Mike? Is someone else going on the 27th? or Mike will be alone in his class?

Cheers, enjoy the good life and do not bring a jacket...

MadRookie
22nd Feb 2009, 12:54
HOOHA!!!!

GOT VISA & TICKET AS WELL!!! :ok:;):)

Fly out on 27 Feb :ok::ok::):):)

Good luck to all of you....

...and remember : NEVER, NEVER, EVER GIVE UP & HAVE FAITH - IT COSTS YOU NOTHING.....:):):)

Lia Kohl
22nd Feb 2009, 13:02
Got the withdrawn on Feb 5th, then 5 days later got an email telling that my DOJ was changed to Mar 27th and then 5 more days and they change my DOJ to Mar 20th.

And, surprisingly, I still don't have my standart FA. Weird, weird...

Good luck for all those waiting and those going as well.

alkatifa
22nd Feb 2009, 15:13
Obrigado Aurora! :)

Boa sorte para ti também!

I finally got a hold on them by telephone today, but they told me they will come back to me as soon as they have an answer....humm....yeah I reckon I'll just call back again in a couple of days.

exEKflygirl
23rd Feb 2009, 02:41
Sorry i have to disagree with you on the 6-10 weeks training.. r u serious. Have u ever even worked for Emirates?? It may have changed a little from when i joined but it is no where near 6-10 weeks.. maybe 5-7.
Also, fancy scaring and dissapointing the Ek Wannabees. Yes it can be tough it in economical down turn but you wont be left hungry or without money. Considering Ek pick you up for work and drop you home, Give u 5 star accommodation that has gyms, pools and alot of other hosties to have fun with i can assure you you will be anything but worse off. As for transport Taxii's couldn;t come any cheaper and if you are there for a few years it is well worth buying a car as filling up the tank is so so so cheap.
During training you will be paid but since you have your accommodaton, transport and no bills to pay i am sure you can survice on the base salary until you are flying. Of course if you are going to go out drinking and partying that is your own silly fault. I left London with not much after travelling around Europe and was stoked that they gave us money, bedding and kitchen appliances on arrival. What company does that!!
If you do leave within the 6 month probabion period though you will have to pay for them.

Amanda25
23rd Feb 2009, 02:51
i also recieved the eticket/visa and got the overweigh coupon by fedex today. DOJ is 2/27. ^^

MadRookie
23rd Feb 2009, 03:52
Nice Amanda :ok::ok::):)

PS: what is an "overweigh coupon" ??

exEKflygirl
23rd Feb 2009, 04:33
:)OMG... Could you be any more painful. No one wants to read your hideously boring and negative rants, especially when half the information you talk about is wrong. Who cares if you only do 3 flights some months. Those 3 flight are all going to be extra Long Haul to JFK etc... Three of those and you would have done a heap of hours and to tell you the truth i would rather get my flying hours up by doing that instead of doing 50 million Doha's.... So how many flights you do in a month is not totally relevant when it comes to looking at it from this aspect.
From now can you please try and spare us with your A. Poorly Written English rants and the negative know it all behaviour. I can just imagine the type of person you are and i thank god our paths will never cross.

Lay off the keyboard and doing something constructive with your time.... We are all over having your massive blogs taking up space on here!!

To everyone else.. you are beautiful, be patient... you will get there.

mikesofly3000
23rd Feb 2009, 05:53
I sent off my medicals around New Year and i had received the final approval in the mid-Jan or 2 weeks before my original DOJ (Jan 30th), and then i requested to move my DOJ to Feb 27th. However, one of my friend who will be joining the same date as me had sent off her medicals around mid-Jan and she was approved on Jan 30th right before they sent the dreaded email to everyone in a later week....

Her original DOJ was March 20th and they have just moved up her DOJ to Feb 27th. Again, everything was confirmed in Jan!!! So sorry i don't know anything in Feb....

Good luck guys...

Aurora-Beti
23rd Feb 2009, 09:00
Congratulations to all of you who are going to Dubai soon! All the rest - don't give up!!!!!

Question for those who received a negative e-mail. Can you tell me if they mentioned in it that they will recontact you, or just wrote that you can reapply after one year??

cheers

andrewfly
23rd Feb 2009, 09:33
Hi Beti! I got an e-mail that they would contact me in 6 to 9 months.

Good luck everyone!

Amanda25
23rd Feb 2009, 09:47
Hey MadRookie,
Guess i'll see you in person in a few days.
EK sent me the excess baggage coupon of 20kgs through fedex courier. coz we are entitled to carry 50kg in the EK, however, EK does not have destination in taiwan yet. so it's is an offline carrier from taipei to HK before taking EK to dubai from HK. so i guess that for all taiwanese crew's situation is quite different than the others. we are only allowed to carry 20kg from taipei to hongkong. to compensate the additonal baggage, EK just sent us an excess baggage coupon of 20kg and we'll pay forthe balace 10kg at the airport. but the the 10kg overweigh charge can be reimbursed once we get there. ^^

MadRookie
23rd Feb 2009, 11:22
aah, ok.

Was just wondering if I was mising out on something :eek:

Aurora-Beti
23rd Feb 2009, 12:19
Andrew,

Did you participate in OD in Warsaw on the 17th of January?

MadRookie
24th Feb 2009, 07:50

Just keep on keeping on. We give up much too often. Now if you are out of your purpose and there is no joy and fulfilment in your work, then by all means GIVE IT UP! But if you believe you are doing what you are meant to, and have the goals and plans in place with the right attitude and keeping your life balanced, then DON'T QUIT! Hang in there. Even if it hurts like hell! Take breaks but carry on fighting, especially if it’s worth it, like a marriage or a great idea that needs to be developed and marketed. You have come too far to give up now. The breakthrough is just around the corner. All these challenges are making you stronger. Don't miss out on the character development by giving up. Just keep on keeping on. You are a winner. And winners never quit.

Aurora-Beti
24th Feb 2009, 11:29
MadRookie,

Well said...

andrewfly
24th Feb 2009, 14:36
Hi Betty,

What did they tell you in your e-mail?

Aurora-Beti
24th Feb 2009, 14:40
Same thing as to you. That they will contact me in 6-9 months. But what's weird, they send a different e-mail (in which they advise to reapply after one year) to some of us.

What do you think about it?

alkatifa
24th Feb 2009, 15:49
MadRookie, you're on a roll today aren't u mate...

MadRookie
24th Feb 2009, 16:00
:) Not really.

This is my 2nd time round with Emirates.

Flew for Qatar for a couple of months.

But I soooo love this job, that I refused to give up!!

So yeah....my heart still goes out to all those out there who have been disappointed :{

I feel for you people, really......but DON"T GIVE UP!!

Go Get'em FLUFFY :ok::ok:

andrewfly
24th Feb 2009, 17:06
Hi there,

It's quite simple to me, I understand that as they did not do very well during the interview therefore they can apply again in a year. And we can reaply earlier because they were happy to employ us, but there was no jobs at the time and lack of initial courses at the moment.
So I hope they really contact us in 6 months:ok:

Let's keep on doing our jobs at the moment and we'll see in 6 to 9 months time;)

Good luck!

Aurora-Beti
24th Feb 2009, 17:14
Andrewfly,

You didn't answer my question. Did you attend to the interview in Warsaw on the 17th Jan?

monjam
24th Feb 2009, 20:07
I finally lgot through to them and explained how I was stranded as I had given up everything while living abroad to prepare to come to Dubai just before I recieved the withdrawal email and all I got a response is that the training groups are full as those who got FA only got in and those like me will be contactd with course dats closer to august to reapply..meaning interview and all up to their discretion!!!
How unreasonable is that, considering we got the job in the begining and they were indian givers and took it back

sb1004
24th Feb 2009, 21:43
Has anyone who attended the Sydney Open Day on the 7th of Feb, recieved an email in regards to the follow up assessment day?

Callmachine
24th Feb 2009, 22:08
Hi sb1004, I attended the Sydney open day on 7th Feb and i'm also yet to receive an email. On the day the recruiter also took emails to send information regarding the package offered and i'm also yet to receive that so fingers crossed we may hear something shortly, but from the sounds of things, i'm not getting my hopes up! Good luck and let me know if you hear something!;)

sb1004
24th Feb 2009, 23:52
So I recived this from emirates... what does it exactly mean? So confused!

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to attend the recent open day and showing interest in the Emirates Group. We hope it was an informative session answering any queries you had.

The current economic climate has had an affect on our recruitment needs for the near future, and therefore all recent applications have been put on hold. We would like to inform you that Emirates will be returning to Sydney once recruitment recommences. At this time we will contact you via email to determine if you are still interested in a career as a Cabin Crew in our airline. Should there still be an interest on your part we would welcome your attendance at a screening day.

In the interim we wish you every success in 2009 and thank you for your interest in obtaining a career with Emirates Airline.

Nav747
25th Feb 2009, 00:55
Dude... its rather self Explanatory!

What dont you understand? :confused:

Skywards
25th Feb 2009, 01:11
^I have to agree. What are you confused about sb1004? Alot of us on here are confused, so there is nothing wrong with it! Were you expecting something different?

From what I can tell the main reason they had the Sydney Open Day was that it was too late to cancel it, but it wasn't a normal recruitment weekend. I think that basically that email is saying that when things improve and they start their recruitment again they will contact you and let you know that there is a Sydney Open Day on. Then if you are still interested in working for them you can go along to that Open Day and they will assess you then.

I can pretty confidently say that they sent this to everybody that attended. And that unfortunately for you both that there won't be any 'good news' to hear until after you have attended the next open day in Sydney (whenever that may be). Such bad timing for us all, but we'll get there eventually!

Skyline88
25th Feb 2009, 04:28
Looks like things are just getting even more complicated (but in a good way i guess) as everybody that seems to contact them are getting mixed massages back. Emirates told us 6 - 9 months time, monjam got back a reply saying August. That's preety soon to be honest. Well nevertheless lets all hope for the best! For times like this, the best thing to do is just to sit back and relax and listen to trance =)

sb1004
25th Feb 2009, 06:48
So are an open day and screening day the same thing?

Was just wondering if anyone had received this email though as the recruitment lady told us that the Sydney open day would be run differently this time, with people being selected via email to go through to the next round...

Little_Red_Hat
25th Feb 2009, 06:52
Actually that's not quite correct Skywards. 'Open Days' are just that, 'Screening Days' are the process of group activities, interviews etc.

It seems they are saying when recruitment reccommences in Australia, they will email sb1004 to see if s/he is still interested and wants to attend a screening.

In Australia, sometimes the Screening Day is held on the same day (if numbers are low enough) after the Open Day part. Sometimes, you must come back the next day. Difference is, you need an invite to a Screening Day.

Callmachine
25th Feb 2009, 09:42
Congrats sb! It seems like your one of the lucky ones to receive an email through to the next round! Hopefully the screening day will be in the near future. I'll sure to let you know if I hear anything...

Sodwee
25th Feb 2009, 12:26
EDITED.

Peace out all !

Lia Kohl
25th Feb 2009, 13:15
I got a withdrawn email, but 5 days later they "called" me for March, when I'm hopefully going.

Also, I already received an email telling me that I will work as A380 crew.

Airboy, I speak Japanese and Portuguese (so, no Korean or Italian), why do you think they already called me back?

Sodwee
25th Feb 2009, 13:52
Because they need A380 crew

Lia Kohl
25th Feb 2009, 13:53
Oh, simple like that.

Call me dumb now :}

MadRookie
25th Feb 2009, 18:21
....hehe.....Pinky.....choose.....Boyfriend OR Emirates.....

PS: ...dump the guy..... :eek::eek::eek:

pinkylicious
25th Feb 2009, 18:47
Hmm.. yeah ur right!!!

Emirates is way toooo important for me!!!

No time for guys:=
:E:E:E:E

Dubai Bound
25th Feb 2009, 19:25
Question for you. I was waiting 3 weeks for my final approval when I got the withdrawl email on Feb 10th(DOJ March 6th) stating that they will contact me as soon as training resumes. Do you think that means I passed the medicals or will they contact me when training resumes then make me wait for Final approval again? Lol, the only reason I ask is cause we all know recruitment does things kind of backwards...

Also, when you said you heard all of that from the horse's mouth, who exactly said that? I mean what is his/her position? I am just afraid to get my hopes up only to be let down again. Last question, how many flying hours are you averaging now and is it enough for you to get by on?

Thanks again for all your help. Everyone appreciates what you are doing.

Sodwee
25th Feb 2009, 19:40
We got this information from a Cabin Crew Manager who came to tell us while I was in pre-flight brief.

I'm sure they would leave the hassle of approving medicals. If they said they would re contact you, there's a good chance for your medicals to be just fine.

I fly 95 block hours for the month of March, plenty to live on !

Skywards
26th Feb 2009, 00:29
Little_Red_Hat: Ah ok, didn't realise they were different things! So at the last one in Sydney the Open day was on the Saturday and then we had the Screening Day on the Sunday which had the group interviews etc. So that's good news for sb1004 then, you got through to the Screening Day, whenever that may be?!

Sodwee: Thanks for keeping us updated, that is great news hopefully it comes to fruition. I've been thinking about applying for Etihad, but Emirates has always been what I wanted so I think I'll wait till they re contact us, and even better if we don't have to do the medicals again (except my medicals were done in January so it would be cutting it close for them to not have expired)! Good news about the A380's too. My one concern about flying on those was that you don't get the same variety of places to go to, but it certainly sounds like their destinations are growing.

Lia Kohl
26th Feb 2009, 15:15
Thanks for all who prayed for me!
Got my Final Approval few hours ago!

Now I gotta pray to not have any surprise before my DOJ.

Keep the faith guys! :ok:

bkkfly
26th Feb 2009, 19:18
I was just having a look through the wannabies and didn't realise the situation you guys are in re having your offers withdrawn. I am sorry about that but it its any comfort I can say to you as current crew that its a job....its not like its the end of the world. Being EK cc is a demanding job and if you dont get in another door to something else is sure to open. The weird thing is some of the posters on here sound kinda demented about wanting to work for EK which I don't really get as like, if you haven't done it before how do you know its your thing?

A lot of crew I talk to (inc myself) say that at the open day they were just accompanying friends etc who really wanted to get in whilst they were just like, whatever, what time does this finish...sort of thing and they were the ones selected hahah! Wannabies, coming across so desperate is kind of like....really unattractive *hint*

Sowodee, brother you must have so much time on your hands to keep answering the posts in here. I gotta say though...caution man...You should not be playing the role of an advocate for potential applicants. Some of the information you are giving out is bordering on commercial-in- confidence re- current recruitment policy etc which was discussed at the business briefing and what CM said this and or that at your preflight briefing. Such information is given out on Chattam House rules principle i.e not to leave the room, employee privillage info. Its not like you cant easily be identified from your website and posting your roster on an all access web site? Have you wondered why the portal is kept so secure? Dude, I would seriously rethink doing that and revealing too much. Again, your an employee not an advocate for outside applicants. If some of the info you give out is misinterpreted by the company as confidential leakage you leave yourself open for a breach of contract and I wouldn't want to be in your shoes then. Anyway, Peace. Keep recovering!

MadRookie
27th Feb 2009, 04:03
Hooha !! :ok::ok:

That is a good start :):)

Will hold thumbs for you...

pinkylicious
27th Feb 2009, 18:03
Hey Lia,

Did EK give you already a DOJ??

Best of luck!!!

mikesofly3000
28th Feb 2009, 12:01
Sodwee:
I just checked in to live in the CT building yesterday around 8PM and i think i saw you outside the building and you walked pass me by somehow. And i'm not so sure if you were living here or visiting someone. However please PM me, so we can chill....I woke up this morning in Dubai and got lost on the street, and i don't know anyone here...hahaha :E:E:E:E:E

PS: Remember me? I have lots of stuff after arrival to the building and i wore the "red W baseball cap..."

If that's not you, please accept my apologies!!! Thanks!!!

Sodwee
28th Feb 2009, 16:18
Sodwee:
I just checked in to live in the CT building yesterday around 8PM and i think i saw you outside the building and you walked pass me by somehow. And i'm not so sure if you were living here or visiting someone. However please PM me, so we can chill....I woke up this morning in Dubai and got lost on the street, and i don't know anyone here...hahaha :E:E:E:E:E

PS: Remember me? I have lots of stuff after arrival to the building and i wore the "red W baseball cap..."

If that's not you, please accept my apologies!!! Thanks!!!

This is very random. Yes it was me. I was giggling when I saw a New Joiner, one of the luckiest alive actually. You're one of the last one to come over and you get a flat in 21st !!!!!! How can you ??!! Yes I also apologize for the mishandling of your luggage by the chauffeur. Hope he didn't damage the case too much. I'm actually very rude, I could of helped you bring your stuff up there. Tell me which apt ! Maybe you're with someone I know ! I'm flying out to Beyrouth in the morning so wont be around tomorrow, and you'll have plenty on the plate already with your first day at EGHQ. Hope you're doing OK, check out the pool at the top of your building. It's where we have our afternoon shenanigans. If there's anything I could help with, tell me !

Peace out !

Lia Kohl
28th Feb 2009, 17:06
That's my DOJ!
And I hope nothing happens until then!

BTW, I wish to be lucky enough to meet Airboy too! :p

sydflyboi
2nd Mar 2009, 11:55
Sorry to hear the news they gave you but amazed you got though to them at all :D. I never got through to them once at any time I tried to call them :=. I love how you say that they told you everyone was "equal" for positions yet I know for a fact that some people who were lucky to have gotten through the open days in Dec have left already and started training. I would like to know why they would have been chosen rather then someone such as yourself (and myself who was accepted before them) that has been waiting since November. I guess somehow to EK they are just as equal as you in their minds. I dont think it really even matters now as to when anyone accepted and signed a contract for employment with them. All the best with your wait and can understand about having no job after everything you went through for them.

alkatifa
2nd Mar 2009, 17:39
Pretty much same thing here. My final interview was on the 20th nov so we're on the same page here.
I managed to call them last week and they said they would call me back with feedback.....which they didn't. Gonna call again tonight and see how it goes.

nrcrowth
2nd Mar 2009, 18:31
Any news on medical reimbursement?

To the people who sent and completed all medicals as requested by emirates and had offer withdrawn

Have any of you had cost reimbursed?

Skywards
2nd Mar 2009, 21:03
From what I can tell from everyones posts you only made it through if you had received your final approval (and had a doj of before March), it doesn't matter when you had your final interview. Filwa did you ever get the final approval and email to resign from your job? I think for anybody Emirates told to resign they have put them in training, for the rest of us too bad. I'd be interested to hear if you guys had the final approval and they still haven't taken you on? It's hard to see patterns in their actions though...

I think there is very little chance anyone will be reimbursed for the cost of medicals. Their defence will be that they always said it would be our expense. I think it sucks but we have to be realistic.

I have just decided to apply for Etihad and have managed to get invited to an assesment day so fingers crossed. So far they have proven to be sooooo much more organised than Emirates. Hopefully I get through with them and put the nasty Emirates experience behind me!

Maja2U
3rd Mar 2009, 11:56
can't help but to notice...we've all applied for the Etihad after what happened to us with the Emirates... :} good luck to you all! :ok:
anyway, just to tell you that you have to look at the cabin crew assessment schedule more often when it comes to Etihad.

what happened is: i applied 2 weeks ago just to see that that assessment day (that was suposed to take place in Belgrade, Serbia) was deleted like it was never on the list at all... :ugh:

don't get it. it had a date, and now it's gone!

:sad:

:{

:ugh:

tiniviel
3rd Mar 2009, 16:58
new planes will arrive soon... i guess this summer... 17 of them... but also information came to me that they will try to avoid hiring new people... of course people come and go and they always need fresh crew.... but they will try not to hire new crowd...
so... our chances are small but still existing

East Rose
4th Mar 2009, 07:16
:ok: One of my friends from Emirates said me that they're waiting for 19 new aircarfts till the end of 2009 and as some part of CCM may go away this year we can hope to get this job:) I hope they re-contact me as soon as possible. They 're planning the next Assessment Day in Kiev in 2 monthes, it means that all selected candidates will start their trainig course approximately in August....

Maja2U
4th Mar 2009, 11:06
assessment day in Kiev??? :eek:
what?? how do you know???
that's great... but i could be just a rumor...
till it's not on their site, it's like it doesn't even exist... :(
is it? i was checking it yesterday and there was nothing... :{

Katka Patka
5th Mar 2009, 10:34
Hi Guys,

I just spoke with someone in Emirates office, just to see if there will be something new...no I was told that when they decide to recruit people again, our applications will reviewd again, and recruitment team will decide for further..., but they do reimburse the medicals :p
Does any of you already did that?
What i am worried for is, if you ask for reimbursement, do they cross your name and make you go for an interview again? If they call us in 6 months, most of the medical test will have to be redone anyway as they are valid just 6 months.

East Rose
5th Mar 2009, 13:13
That's great news! Even something good for these long 3 weeks heard from HR Department:)
Did they say about reimbursment themselves or did you ask them? Do you know if they pay for all medicals needed or only for some of them?

I think they don't make us start from the first interview as we'he already passed it, they have all documents but they can decide to organize some kind of interview (in Dubai or in some of cities) only to renew some information...it means that we have to wait....only to wait for news...

We all must show our patience and cross our fingers for Emirates Airlines. I wish they could solve all their problems as soon as possible!!!!!:bored:

sydflyboi
5th Mar 2009, 22:31
Hi there can you define they will reimburse the medicals and how they will do this, as I have been trying to get this done for a month now since that wonderful email saying sorry and the airline cant be bothered with even responding to any emails I have send to enquire with them about it???:ugh:

Katka Patka
6th Mar 2009, 08:17
Hi there guys,

I was told by the agency that organized the interview process they are reimburseing, so i called EK. The man asked me to send an email to ccjoiners and they will tell me what to do further.
Thats what i did, friday and saturday are their days off, so i dont expect a reply before monday. I have no idea how exactly they will do the reimbursement, or for which tests they will do it, infact they may just leave me to wait for an answer like they did with Sydflyboi.
Just email them and ask, as soon as i know something more i will write again, but at the moment all i can say is that their office told me Yes, they do reimburse, but nothing more.
And yes, it looks like we will have to wait. Noone knows how long, but lets keep our fingers crossed things to get better for EK soon, so we can all meet up in Dubai.

Enjoy the day :)

mikesofly3000
7th Mar 2009, 05:05
That dude broke my luggage!!!!!!!
The pool is closed for 3 months for renovation.
In fact, i have already had many plates in my apt., but you can give me more if you want to haha.
You already on my facebook but you just didn't see me there!!
BTW, i've just sent you PM for more details....
peace--

This is very random. Yes it was me. I was giggling when I saw a New Joiner, one of the luckiest alive actually. You're one of the last one to come over and you get a flat in 21st !!!!!! How can you ??!! Yes I also apologize for the mishandling of your luggage by the chauffeur. Hope he didn't damage the case too much. I'm actually very rude, I could of helped you bring your stuff up there. Tell me which apt ! Maybe you're with someone I know ! I'm flying out to Beyrouth in the morning so wont be around tomorrow, and you'll have plenty on the plate already with your first day at EGHQ. Hope you're doing OK, check out the pool at the top of your building. It's where we have our afternoon shenanigans. If there's anything I could help with, tell me !

Peace out !

gabidu
7th Mar 2009, 16:56
Hey guys,
I havent had the time to keep up with all posts...I will explain my case. I got my DOJ for 27th March, but then I recived that email like everybody else withdrawing the offer...I had sent all the medical reports before I recived the email so I dont really know if the medicals are alright for them...
I dont know how long we are going to wait but I have faith in the summer season...( fingers crossed)
Also, anybody knows for how long are the medicals valid?

Thanks!
good luck to everybody!!

alkatifa
7th Mar 2009, 17:19
I believe the medicals expire after 6 months.

Katka Patka
7th Mar 2009, 21:03
Yes, everything except the vaccinations expires in 6 months. :)

Maja2U
8th Mar 2009, 16:17
...and gynecologist!
the rest of it is all over again! :ugh:

Dubai Bound
8th Mar 2009, 16:41
So I just scanned and sent in all of my medical bills for reimbursement. If I don't hear from them in a week, I am going to email them more and more each day with same exact email. I'll let you all know how long it takes for them to get back to me. Anyone wanna place any bets on that??? Hahahahahaha

tiniviel
8th Mar 2009, 18:03
In our offer of employment they said first medical we have to pay... I dont see the point asking the money back

nrcrowth
8th Mar 2009, 18:45
there is a lot of point in asking for money back- yes it said we needed to pay for it. However our offer has been withdrawn after completing medicals due to a factor out of our hands!
We should never have been asked to carry out these medicals if the offer was going to be withdrawn due to the recession!
Therefore we should get our money back!

sydflyboi
8th Mar 2009, 23:54
Yeah will be interesting to see if you get any. One month for me and 3 emails later and still no response from them. I will take bets that we never hear from them on this. :=

mikesofly3000
9th Mar 2009, 13:05
I joined EK on Feb 27th and thought this would be the last training class for this year BUT IT WAS NOT.

I saw the new joiners joined EK on the last Friday March 6th. It wasn't a big group of people, but i guess the training is still going on BUT this time with small group of people...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Good luck guys!!!! :):):)

Maja2U
9th Mar 2009, 13:38
we know that...
but as we were talking and calculating, those are all candidates whose open/assessment day was before december and they were postponed due to being late with sending their medicals. if you ask some of them i'm sure they'll tell you the same.

the last group that we know of should be march 13th.
if, after that day, people still continue joining, we have a problem.... :bored:
so, darling, if you see them march 20th, write to us!!
kissi!

pinkylicious
9th Mar 2009, 15:19
This is soo unfair......

I have no words...absolutely no words....