PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

valensi
30th Sep 2009, 12:57
Hey - they're really not huge fans of photoshopping. I'd hand in what you've got as they are and if you are invited to Final Interview they'll give you a big long list of specs for your photos - i.e. buttoned up jacket, clean shaven, no digital/polaroid/photoshop etc. These will be the photos that go to HR Management in EK Headquarters, not the initial application ones, the ones on your online application form, or the ones you hand in on an Open Day, and your interviewer will tell you on the spot if the photos you have are suitable or not. The very best of luck to you.

scotsman83
30th Sep 2009, 13:45
does anyone know why they give logic test at the end of final interview to only certain people?

Tamaricica
30th Sep 2009, 13:50
Hay there again,
They have just called me and I am going on Saturday at noon!!:)
Really didnt expect..
They told me it is going to be a long day..A lot of tests..
And i am excited!!And nobady can understand me what that means to me so I needed to share this information with you!!

jaye
30th Sep 2009, 13:53
The final interviews are for the people who have already passed everything and been put on hold. Assessment Days are for anyone who has applied online and been invited by Emirates to attend. Open Days are for anyone.

scotsman83
30th Sep 2009, 13:58
I did my final interview today at HQ, felt it went quite well...maybe 1 or 2 questions i felt could have answered better...took about 45mins, then they asked me to do a logic test. Im curious as to why...maybe its a random thing as other candidates didn't have to :s

sydflyboi
30th Sep 2009, 14:03
Guys and Girls a tip for your photos is grab a plain sheet and drape it over a door or a cupboard and onto the floor so when you take the photo you are standing on the sheet and it all blends in as one background. Thats what I did for mine and it saves on having professional ones done. You do need someone to help though but it does work. Also these days you can make any pic into a passport pic by zooming in on the photo that has you looking the best in it as most DYI photo stations have the facilty to make passport pics from any picture.

valensi
30th Sep 2009, 14:09
Hi there; the logic test you did at the end of your final interview is a UAE labour law requirement and every candidate that is recruited in Dubai will have to do it, so don't worry! Good luck, I hope the outcome is a positive one :ok:

scotsman83
30th Sep 2009, 14:13
thanks for your response....all there is to do now is wait and go back to my job :( lol

Ceci
30th Sep 2009, 16:17
Hi scotsman83,

Could you tell us more about the test they made you do???

Thanks

scotsman83
30th Sep 2009, 16:39
ye it was multiple choice...don't get this confused with the psychometric test they do on the group stage. Anyway it was basically a a test where you had shapes and you had options of what comes next.

I know someone said its Dubai labour law..but if that is the case how come the others didn't have to do it :s I guess one good thing is that i don't think they would have bothered to make me do it if i had done badly at the 1on1

rsmsj2001
30th Sep 2009, 21:54
I was also on the freeze.. I was just emailed with my RE Assessment for Oct. 10 in the US. I am so excited to have the opportunity again.. Is anyone else going to this assessment?

Amantec
30th Sep 2009, 23:20
Hi, anyone attending The Open Day in Malta on the 10th of October which have applied on the website and got an invitation for it?

Milena
30th Sep 2009, 23:54
Hi, every test , for example, math, language, or even logic are for 2 reasons, one, to calculate your IQ , and second, to see if you can work under pressure. So , the more correct answers you have means that you can think clearly while working or thinking "i have to impress the interviewers, i have to look secure, i have to be perfect", some people, can't handle this.

dyal1
1st Oct 2009, 01:46
Hi everyone,

Its great to hear that Emirates are finally hiring again! I was just wondering whether Emirates specify what size they like the full length photograph to be. I just went out and got a professional pic taken and the offer was for a 25cm x 33cm (10" x 13") size shot. Is this too big or is it fine?

Also I registered for the Melbourne Open Day 10.10.09 about 5 days ago and have not heard back from them. I know it has probably already been stated somewhere in the forum but you don't need an invite to go to the Melbourne Open Day right?

Is there anybody else going to this Open Day?

Thanks for your help :)

Mari
1st Oct 2009, 04:15
Hi!

Maybe I'm wrong because I had my OD four years ago but the full-length photo must have been postcard size. And yes, I had to redo mine before my final interview. Fortunately, I had time because I had to go for 2 p.m. for my interview. I was so lucky because my new photo in my new suit was much better! The photographer lady was quite old fashioned and very professional. She tried to do her best.

I think they ask for natural photo (so not business attire) as well. I just read it on pprune before and my friends who were hired in 2008 had to send one as well. (Full-length, only you on the picture, jeans or skirt, hair up or down, so not formal.)

Don't worry, they will tell you exactly what they want. It takes only one hour to have it done.

Good luck!

scotsman83
1st Oct 2009, 06:41
does anyone know of people who got hired after doing a logic test in final interview?? i've only managed to find one post from a guy a while ago and he got rejection email hmmm :confused:

monkey_boi
1st Oct 2009, 07:45
Nope, im still waiting, i had my interview on the 15th of Sept, its been over 2 weeks so not sure whats going on, still no reply though, il keep you guys updated if hear anything..

soulatude
1st Oct 2009, 12:08
i cant seem to download the medical form from the website. can someone who has the new and improved one send it to me please......PM me thank you

chris_87
1st Oct 2009, 17:36
I've been invited by Emirates Airlines to attend a preliminary selection process in London on Monday 12 Oct 2009 . Is there anyone coming for this? What's all these about ? Is it like a proper interview or? Thanks guys

want_to_fly
1st Oct 2009, 22:01
Hi Scotsman, it could have been my post that you were reading.

Yes I made it to the final interview and did the iq test and i got the rejection email. I think this is because I hurried the test and didn't do quite well as expected, which is a bummer :bored: Im not the kind of guy that is very good at those tests anyway so I hope next year when I attend I would do even better!

My friend's cousin who works for Emirates did mention that if they give you the picture iq test, you are for sure a strong candidate to work with the company. However, before finalising anything they would have to send off your resume again to the HR in Dubai for a final assessment/decision.

I hope this info helps.

God bless

p.s how did anyone do in the Brisbane O/D?

Cava Queen
2nd Oct 2009, 08:05
Hi Chris 87,

Hope you don't mind but can I ask you when you applied to Emirates? I applied on the 4th September and still haven't heard anything. I registered for the Oct 12th AD day too and re-submitted my application.

I'm just surprised as I spent ages on the 'why emirates' question and thought it sounded really good (even though I do say so myself) :). I meet all the other criteria as far as I know.

I know they say to wait three months for a response but I would rather be realistic than live in false hope.

Best of luck for you in 10 days time, I hope it goes well.

Weebie
2nd Oct 2009, 09:18
Hey kids,

I know plenty of people at emirates so I know what to expect. Nice if I get the job if not i'll finish my commerce degree and head overseas when the market picks up.

Good luck to everyone in Melbourne and Perth

I'm off to the Perth one.

If I get lucky awesome...If not then back to commerce lol

Good luck to everyone

Mari
2nd Oct 2009, 11:20
To want to fly and Scotsman

The psychometric and logic tests are done before the final interview. However, I've seen one of my fellow candidates redo this test. The logic/IQ test was part of my personality test. I think only 10-15 questions, I found it very easy.

The reason to re-do the psychometric test could be:
- You answered wrong for one or more of the "killing items".
For example: Do you ever lie?
If the answer is "Yes", it's fine. If the answer is "No" or "not sure", you fail the whole test. The psychometric test contains a couple of killing items.
- You gave too many "not sure" or "maybe" answers, so you couldn't give an answer to the question. As stated before the test, try to avoid the middle answer, use it only 3 times max.

As far as I know, these could be the reasons if your psychometric evalutaion was not acceptable.

If you did poorly on the logic test, you might have to repeat it. Do not hurry, think! I was the last one who submitted this test because I'm sangvinic type and I'm not able to concentrate for a long period of time. As the test was at the end of the day, I was totally exhausted. Take some chocolate and water with you, drink green tea in the morning (rather than coffee).

If you want to prepare fot the IQ test, practise on the internet or buy a Test Book. It takes a little bit of practice but your results will be much better after completing 5-6 tests and you will be much faster. These logic tests are very similar, it's very easy to prepare for them.

For NOT native English speakers: there is an English test as well. If you recently did a language exam, you should be fine. You should know exactly how to solve the exercises (mostly Reading Comprehension) and how to write a one-page-essay. It helps if you practise these exercises. The level of English should be "upper-intermediate" or "advanced" level. (Refer to: Cambridge Language Exams: FCE or CAE.) There is no need to be perfect, you don't need to have a university degree in English Literature to pass that test.

According to the final interview: I know that some people don't make it. The reasons could be varies. Unfortunately, the recruiters cannot give feedback and cannot talk about the recruitment process. Although, one of them gave me an example a long time ago:
The female candidate attended the interview with sunglasses on her head. It's not Emirates standard. They didn't like her shoes either as they were not the pretty high heals. The candidate started to chat and talked too much, she was "too" easy-going. She asked too many questions from the recruiters during the interview, instead of focusing on the scenario questions. Don't forget, you have to talk but you have to listen carefully as well.

You can also fail the final interview if you give a totally wrong answer for one of the scenario questions. There are certain things they need to hear when you answer those questions.

Good luck!

Mikejr
2nd Oct 2009, 12:50
So Let me go back to what you stated and must say. EK is looking for a great personality, rather than hard-work, intelligent, trustworthy kinda of person.

I know right? LOL . What do you guys think of?

Like Mari said, We are human beings, in which case, we are not perfect, but please be honest at least. Recruiters are human beings as well, so let's HELP each other, please!
EK coming to the America this month. I am absolutely thrilled.

Wish you guys, gals, luck to every stage of this fantastic process and Do it Afraid!

God bless

Maja2U
2nd Oct 2009, 12:51
i had my interview yesterday, tinivel from this forum was there as well.
i guess we're the last ones with the withdrawal concerning this topic...:confused:

anyway, i've tried to track down your posts but there's a bunch of new guys here who are doing their Open days for the first time...

long story short, did they call you guys?? yesterday a woman who interviewed me told to tinivel that they should call us within 2 weeks, BUT if they don't that doesn't necessarily mean bad news!:}

she said that that happens and that in that case you should call them 'cause they definitely have already decided what to do with you in those 2 weeks.
so, you all had your interviews before the two of us and you all, more or less, should have heard from them by now.
if not, call them. they maybe forgot to call you, like she said it possible.

good luck to you all!:ok:

scotsman83
2nd Oct 2009, 14:28
thanks for your replies :)

I guess if i had done something bad in the final interview they wouldn;t have bothered to give me the test at the end. Anyway I was told from a friend of mine who knows someone on the inside that the reason for the logic test at the end is because you do not score properly on the psychometric test so it is not necessarily a bad thing...at the end of the day they use all the notes they have taken over the interview process and then make their decision. Hopefully i will hear some good news...within 4weeks!! gosh that is gonna seem like forever lol

Anyway all the best to everyone :D stay positive

monkey_boi
2nd Oct 2009, 14:28
nope, still nothing, think i might give them a call tuesday if i dont hear from them, that will be 3 weeks then. Anyone else heard a reply from the London interviews?

sugarpie
2nd Oct 2009, 16:17
Hi Asturiano,

I have difficulty in filling-up the clinical evaluation for the medical check-up. What does clinical evaluation mean? Is the clinical evaluation is different from the tests that we are required to do? How do you fill up your clinical evaluation?

Thanks in advance..

tarikology
2nd Oct 2009, 18:52
Im wondering if any of my fellow Moroccans have received an email invitation to the global assessment day in casablanca from the emirates HR?

I have registered and I havent received the invitation yet so I am wondering how long does it take to be shortlisted? I have applied on the 27th of sept and its already the 2 of october considering that the main event will be on the second of october!

any answer will be much appreciated, thank you!

pudnx
2nd Oct 2009, 19:41
FAO: lucy21, nrcrowth, monkey_boi

As mentioned in previous posts I went for my re-validation interview in London on the 17th. I know some went on the 15th and still haven't heard. I'm going to wait to see if I hear anything by the end of next week.

I hope we get some news soon, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for us all! ;-)

Kel

monkey_boi
2nd Oct 2009, 20:02
do you think it would be a good idea to call them if you dont hear from them?

ruukun
3rd Oct 2009, 07:51
hey guys and girls

ive been o/s and away from any computers for 2 weeks but wanted to know, did they have an OD in sydney in early october? i see melbourne and perth listed for 10/10 but no sydney :confused: maybe i missed it or maybe there never was one. cheers :)

Mari
3rd Oct 2009, 10:02
Rukuun,

calm down, take a deep breath, it will come!

Everyone is so impatient! Why are you so worried?! They just started to recruit.

The article on Flight Global states that Emirates is getting 14 A380s till the end of next financial year. It's official now. I bet they will go to Sydney at least 3 times in the next 18 months.

Saab Dastard
3rd Oct 2009, 11:01
The thread has grown to over 2,000 posts, so a new one has been opened.

Just continue here:

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/390996-emirates-wannabes-recruitment-vi.html

SD