PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

CarineA
30th Dec 2008, 04:39
Wish 2 fly: they took about 3 week to reply after I sent them

Dubai bound! 6 weeks, you should get an answer soon. Good luck and see you in the UAE.

:ok:

deon85
30th Dec 2008, 05:12
Hi Wish 2 Fly

Took them about 1 week to get back to me after my medicals... I think it all varies depending on your DOJ and if you have to resign from a current employer.

And yes they are a nightmare! :ugh:
My best advice is to go to an pre employment medical center. They do medicals for all pre employed staff in various industries. The one I went to does it for all the Qantas and Virgin staff here in sydney.. So it was mostly done under one roof..

Deon

pinkylicious
30th Dec 2008, 10:11
Just Can't Believe It!!!!

I Got The Confirmation Today!!

I'm In!!!

Yeh Yeh Yeh!!!

Doj Is 13 March 2009!!

Anyone Who Has Same Doj As Me???

Good Luck To Everyone Who Is Waiting!!!:d

wish_2_fly
30th Dec 2008, 11:10
Deon85 - The only pre employment places are down in london so it would cost me a couple of hundred to get train down there and stuff. Saw my GP today and she said she can do all the blood tests and vaccinations for me but i have to go elsewhere for the Chest X-ray and Audiogram. I think my Christmas money is fast disappearing!!

CarineA - Im glad you got your tickets and everything!! I bet it all seems worth it now. I think I am in the stage of paying out for medicals so I dont like Emirates as much as I did!! Im sure that will change once I get my approvals back. I just wanted to ask you about your PAP test. Did you have it done because in the UK they wont test anyone under the age of 25 which is silly.

Pinkilicious - Congratulations!! I am starting on the 13th Feb so I will be there already but let me know and Ill let you copy my homework for the training!! Only joking!!!

Dubai Bound & ChinoA - They are just testing your patience.....in a couple of weeks it will be a whole different story!!

Anyone with the DOJ of 13th Feb?

xxx

syd_dxb_maybe
30th Dec 2008, 11:37
It's really interesting reading everyones posts and journey through getting the call and the go forward with DOJs medicals etc...really nice that everyone is so supportive. :D I decided ill join the forum too...

I attened the open day in Sydney on 6th December and made it through to the final interview. Am officially today in my 3rd week of waiting, someone I made friends with during the recruitment process who was interviewed on the same day got his call on the 2nd week and I am so happy for him...but makes me wonder...:ugh:

Oxaliza_Oxen
30th Dec 2008, 12:50
Hi ChinoA,
I've followed up you blog. Great efford!! What did they say in the email? I hope it's good news. Cheers..

sarahbusta
30th Dec 2008, 13:27
sorry to hear that :( they made u wait for nothing. ARGH! still nothing from me yet. i'll end up soon by getting a NO email as well! i hope they dont make me wait for 6 weeks. congrats to everyone who got their golden call...

Oxaliza_Oxen
30th Dec 2008, 14:18
Hi ChinoA,
Sorry to hear that. What did you think about the FI? Anything that you still in doubt about it? Sorry to ask this question, I have noticed that some ppl have to do the IQ test as well but some don't. I just want to find out and try to get the clue a bit. :rolleyes:

wish_2_fly
30th Dec 2008, 15:54
ChinoA - I am so sorry......I thought you were in - them making you wait so long and all. Thats shocking. Dont give up though.....We ll fly together one day...I'm sure of that.

syd_dxb_maybe - Dont worry as we all have gone through the waiting. I really dont think its anything to do with how long you wait as to what answer you hear. Its just when someone gets round to reading your file. Im keeping my fingers crossed for you - you will get the call when you least expect it....I waited and waited for it - stared at my phone. Best thing is to forget about it and it will come.

Oxen - I dont think its an IQ test. The test we did was more a personality test. We were told it helps place you with a flat mate if you are sucessful.

sfjana
30th Dec 2008, 17:09
Hey there!
I had to do the personality test. A book full of questions with multiple answers. They told that there is no wrong or right about them.
But after my final interview I was asked to do the IQ test. Another book and this time I had to complete the missing part of the drawing.
I have no idea why they asked me to do that. Does anybody know?

Oxaliza_Oxen
30th Dec 2008, 20:56
Hi there,
Thank you so much for the ideas. :ok: That's help!!:D

sfjana.. are you still waiting for the call?

wish_to_fly..Congret!! ;)

canadianboy23
30th Dec 2008, 21:07
ChinoA - Sorry to hear that you didn't get it, THIS time. I know it's hard, but keep positive and keep in mind that everything what happens is for the best. If you truly want this job, then apply with another airline or wait to apply again for Emirates. It's just part of your experience.

deon85
30th Dec 2008, 22:14
Oxaliza_Oxen , syd_dxb_maybe - Good to see some other people from Sydney on here! If you guys want help about the medicals and where to go let me know, and I can send you the details.. as it can be quite stressfull not knowing where or what to do.. well it was for me anyways! :ugh:

ChinoA.. Cant believe it.... I truly am sorry to hear about it, I can't believe you had to wait so long for it. But do try again :)

Im out..
D

miamiemiratesgirl
30th Dec 2008, 23:37
hi everyone...i was recruited from the orlando assesment day and made it through to the final interview and just sent in my certificates and photos and am now waiting to hear word about my medicals. things look good i am excited!!

anyone else was at the orlando assesment day?

Oxaliza_Oxen
31st Dec 2008, 00:50
Hi Deon85, that's very kind and thoughtful. Yes, please let us know what we need to have it done and anywhere possible to get it done cheaper:ugh:

I got private health with NIB and medicare. What you think? Is it help?:O

Thnx

syd_dxb_maybe
31st Dec 2008, 00:59
Hi deon85, thats really nice of you to offer that help with the medicals and stuff...thats the kind of caring/friendly personality Emirates made a good choice with in chosing you. I wish you all the best in your training and following through with your new career...I will be taking you up on your offer of where to direct me...now something is missing though, thats right, the YES phone call...3 weeks 1 day, not that im counting :rolleyes: ...

Lia Kohl
31st Dec 2008, 03:56
... from my FI in Osaka and still no call.

ChinoA. I'm really sorry to hear that you've failed. Try again, because you are "brasileiro e nใo desisto nunca" :} (I'm Brazilian and will never give up)

Anyhow, if you really want to join EK, try a second time would be good and I believe you could be less nervous as you already knows how it works. If you speake Spanish, why not try in BUE next time (if you can)?

Well, wishin you all a happy new year and that we all realize in 2009 our wish: join EK! :E

Oxaliza_Oxen
31st Dec 2008, 04:42
Hi there, have you got the call yet? I would rather say as long as you haven't heard any officially contact from EK, please not to worry. I understand how you feel. And I have seen lots of ppl who been waiting for the call got frustrated and getting depress about it. I know it's easy to say, but if we believe everything is all about our mind. We all have 100% of power to control our mind and we must look after ourselves first. Be healthy is the most important thing.

As far as I know from the other ppl on this forum, we need to go for the medical check up which is require a lot of thing, now we need to look after ourselves first. I know Emirates is one of the best company to work with. But to be able to work up there 35,000ft or more (a bit more), we need to be very fit and healthy. It would be sad if you got the "call" then couldn't get right through because of the health issues.

When I was working with the other airline, during trainning, we had this one little nice girl from Asia who can speak 4 languages. She got there to the country (Middle East) to start to do the medical check up, oh before anything...this airline will do the medical check up for you but very tough though, some of the gal had some medical done in their country before came to the country but they couldn't make it through their standard so those gals had to go back home...:sad:

So let's imagine, after at least 10hrs or more of travelling (plus packing the suitcases) then just within 2-3 days, they sent them back home. :sad::sad:

Well, my idea now is we better look after our mind and health first. It will be fine. There are a lot of oppoturnities out there for everyone.

I am one who are waiting for them to contact me as well, and during this time I'm enjoying to follow up what ppl say their opinion in this forum. Thank you for this guys!!:D I still have my facial mask on my face in the mean time.. :O so it won't hurt, right?

I hope this will make you and anyone who are waiting for the "call", feeling better. Best of luck and best wishes guys. Happy New Year 2009 for the great successful year to everyone!!!:ok:

waitingforemirates
31st Dec 2008, 05:18
my DOJ is 13 Feb!!!
I just got my medical reports yesterday. So i'm sending them today. Final round of waiting game begins!!!:}

sarahbusta
31st Dec 2008, 05:20
hey :) thanks for the nice words. my story here is i found out from the agency who works with emirates that im not on the list of who were recruited. that was 2 weeks ago and till now nothing from them yet. so i have a small chance here but still hoping and wodering whats going on. some already got their NO email and they can let someone wait for long for nothing! i might end up like that as well. so i really dunno. this is my dream job and i already accepted that they didnt select me but also looking for a bright side here. if it is a NO, i'll take it as it is and try again.maybe their considering and they couldnt make up their mind. i wouldnt think of this right now and enjoy my new yr instead! good luck to everyone who is waiting and BEST WISHES FOR THE NEW YEAR!

YEAR OF THE OX IS COMING! anyone here who is born 1985?? this is our year!!!!! HAVE FUN and congrats to everyone who got their golden call! this is a goodtime to party for u guys :)

Oxaliza_Oxen
31st Dec 2008, 05:54
Hi, good to hear your sounds better. Yes, I'm an Oxen!! ;)

sarahbusta
31st Dec 2008, 05:58
oh how could i not figure that out from ur name! :) i hope our year will bring us luck

happy new yr!!!!!

Oxaliza_Oxen
31st Dec 2008, 06:14
Hi everyone,
Paris Hilton is in SYD!!! No, not a fan of her at all but it reminded me where I had an assessment day! Hilton Hotel. ??? is it relevant to this forum?? Sorry guys, I just want to make everyone feel bit more relax and enjoy your NYE-New Year Eve. And definitely she got more attention from Sydney ppl from the Firework tonight!! LOL:p

sarahbusta let's me share this with you... beginng of 2006 I failed the interview with one of the airline (middle east), feeling.., what was goin wrong? why didn't I make it? during those year.. I worked in the restaurant, was goin to get promote to be a front of house manager, I said no but requested the company to move me to work at the airport, that time I thought (after I failed the first interview) at least I can feel the asmosphere of aviation and cabin crew from around the world.

I have to say at one state, I have changed my mind of being a flight attendant. Then unexpectly lost the job so I was looking for the job but didn't know why I couldn't get any call.

I decided to update my profile (on line application) then one day I got responsed for the interview. And Guess what? One of the recruiter was the same person when I failed the interview, and my feeling was so good to see her again (instead of get scared she might fail me again), I even remembered her name and said hi to her. I was really relax and I didn't put much of expectation, just thought of doing my best and be myself. Yeb, I got the job at that time 2006 but 6-7 months later though. I worked for a year then I resigned coz I want to completed my study and it was a right decision I made.

Now, I can say all the experiences working for the airline it helps me to be very realistic about this job. It is really stressful job but it's rewarding for life experiences and we need to try to be relax as much as we can. And as you have heard a lot of ppl say the best you just be yourself.. that is the most truthful.

You will be working with ppl from all around the world and not only you passengers but also your colleages, different culture, belief, etc...

Something that they think it is polite to do so might be rude in our way. Interesting, isn't it?

sarahbusta
31st Dec 2008, 06:58
wow that is really interesting. it pays to wait and just relax and the important thing is to always stay positive no matter what. this is my 3rd time trying to emirates and this is my first time making it to the FI. to be honest i looked nervous and all i know im disappointed to myself and maybe the recruiters as well because they told me i did a very good job on group discussions and everything. if i nail my FI i could've got the call earlier... i have situation issues here and a call from emirates can actually set me free. but i dunno...if its meant for u, it will happen...if its not, something better will come. like ur situation oxen, uve waited and tried again then u got the job. thats a good story and thanks for sharing it with us :)

Oxaliza_Oxen
31st Dec 2008, 07:35
hi, my friend is working for EY-Etihad. We worked together from previous airline. We both resigned pretty much the same time, now she works with EY and got promote to work only J and F class already. They are pretty good as well. She flown in on the 6th dec in SYD and had 48 hrs layover. Of course, we catched up and talked about life as a cabin crew. The main thing to consider is the crew that you work with, you don't want to work with those ppl who have attitude and it will drive you mad, let's say it will create a unpleasant work environment on board. To deal with flight delay, time zones, catering mistaken, sometime you might accidently drop the special meal that have been requested...oh all the stressful situation, then if we have to put up with crew who have attitude..oh that's the worse block ever!! So you can have a look at Etihad website, they are pretty good pay but still a young airline with the good credit of fast growing airline in UAE. They based in AUH-Abu Dha bi the capital city of UAE. If you know a bit about Australia.. let's say.. AUH is Canberra and DXB-Dubai is Sydney. Yes, that's the way. it's about 45mins or 1hr by car between town city. I got email back from them to be in shortlist within 5 hrs, so impressive work. But I wasn't ready to go for the interview, it was a very short notice for me. They are looking for a lot of new crew coz they have ordered lots of new AC as well.

Sorry for another long messages, hope this will help you have a look at the brighten side of life.

Everyone got a problem more or less, I have practice to put the problem on aside and learn to focus on one thing at the time..

You can try to by doing small little thing e.g. having a cup of coffee and focus on the smell of the coffee, the taste of it..without letting anything interfere your mind. I know it sounds funny but it will help you practice to be mindfulness and then you will have the skills to put thing that worry you on aside. Remember.. you have planty of time to worry about those unneccesary thing why would you spend the preciouse time that you have at the moment with those unneccesary thing!!:=

:ok:Let's get ready for the nice dinner tonight, go to Charm :rolleyes:(maybe now they have a better place to go-bit behind ha ha):O and let's celebrate the night of the light on Orchard Rd. YeHhhhhh!!! Keep me posted!!

sarahbusta
31st Dec 2008, 07:59
about EY, i already submitted an application online and didnt get any invitation from them yet :( i tried gulf air too just last week. yea its important to deal with ur fellow crew members and get along with them esp if they have an attitude. all u can do is to be calm and relax and let them be miserable lol
thanks for the tips...uve been helpful to us in here :)

i'll be going in orchard and meet friends and later go to sentosa for a beach party! u mean CHIJMES girl? yea there are few new hang out places in clark quay and st. james powerstation...oh well,whats ur plan later for NYE? have fun! im sure u'll have a good one :)

Oxaliza_Oxen
31st Dec 2008, 08:11
Ha ha, thanks for that!!:p It's been almost 2 years since last visit. You will gain more confidence with the experience, coz that will help you what you really want to do for your life and as we know how many times we hace changed our mind, also our personality as well.

As I did, I resigned because I was wondering what I could have done better if I got my degree. And yes, I'm working for a good company here, it's a office work, good pay but I know now I love to work as a cabin crew. I love the job (cabin crew), it's the best to do (work) what you love to do. You wouldn't feel that's a work to do, but more enjoy as you live everyday life. Ok then, gotta go to. I cook my dinner tonight, no party coz tomorrow we will go to the beach in South coast NSW. about 1-2 hrs drive from SYD. You have a great New Year!! :):ok::D

nakks
31st Dec 2008, 13:09
Yeah i got my final Approval yesterday..:ok:

ChinoA
I am so sorry to hear you dint make it, but dont worry, God has plans fro everyone of us. i really thought we'd be on the same batch :bored:

CarineA and Deon hope to see you on board!

All the best to everyone waiting & Happy 2009!!!

Oxaliza_Oxen
31st Dec 2008, 15:31
Hi there, congratulation. how long for them to contact you since the day of FI? Now it's 3 weeks for me.

and how about your FI? mind was 15-20 mins. the recruiter kept saying "that's very good, that's good.." so what is that meant something, right?

deon85
31st Dec 2008, 16:31
Good work! When is your DOJ again? I think you were on the 23JAN with me, but im now on the 30JAN..

I am indeed a 1985 baby so this will be my year! Im a taurus too so double the cow!!! hehehe...

Oxaliza_Oxen, Syd_DXB the place is called Immex & its at Green square in Mascot near the Airport.

IMMEX - Occupational medicine and treatment of workplace injuries and prevention services (http://www.immex.com.au/)

I was lucky to get a dr referal for the chest xray from them so saved some money. Private health cover does reduce costs when you do your dental. However all the other costs isnt covered because its a pre employment medical and there is technicaly nothing wrong with you...:{ So be prepared to fork out 400 for the medicals alone. And that doesnt include your shots.. Im getting mine done when i get there..

Hope you had a good NYE over in SYD. I got burnt to a crisp on the beach here in CPT whooo

D

sfjana
31st Dec 2008, 17:10
Yeah, I'm still wainting for the call. It's my fifth week of waiting.
Wishing the very best for us all!!!

Happy new year everyone!!!!:)

pinkylicious
31st Dec 2008, 19:13
Hi wish to fly!
Thanx for trying to pass me the training homework to copy!!lol!!

I'm going to try my best to get medicals done before 2 weeks pass but the prob is until 6th jan in rome, most of the doctors are on vacation!!
hmmm...

Anyways have a Happy New Super Duper Year!!:ok:

pinkylicious
31st Dec 2008, 19:20
WISH ALL YOU GUYS EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR....

WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING ON THIS FORUM AND I HOPE WE WILL ALL SUCCEED TO REACH OUR FUTURE DREAM GOAL WITH EMIRATES!!

THE KEY IS TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND BE PATIENT..IF ALL ELSE DOESN'T SUCCEED KEEP ON TRYING AND DON'T GIVE UP!

BEST WISHES TO ALL!!:ok:

XOXO:D

Oxaliza_Oxen
31st Dec 2008, 19:33
deon85 Thank so much, it is really helpful and esp you are on a holiday atm but still willing to let us know. Yes, you have a great New Year. I am goin to Batemans Bay south coast NSW just for a day trip. Oxen is a patient person, aren't we? :rolleyes:

sfjana yes I wish you and all of us for a Great successful New Year 2009. Let's us pray for our greatful future.

syd_dxb_maybe Happy New Year to you as well, we will make it!! :)

joanofarc
1st Jan 2009, 12:25
hi!!! may i know who is from the philippines here??? im just new in this forum and would like to have new friends.....:)

joanofarc
1st Jan 2009, 12:30
hi!!! is emirates really that strict on eyesight???

i have a -300 nearsightedness but i have a friend saying that one of her friends got employed even when her eyesight is much more worse than mine///.... i am wearing soft permeable contact lenses....

Oxaliza_Oxen
1st Jan 2009, 13:22
Hi Vix85, have you heard anything from them yet? This sunday will be my week 4. I'm keeping my fingers cross.:)

Vix85
1st Jan 2009, 16:23
Hey Oxaliza!! No I haven't heard anything either, I really want to know running out of things to take my mind off it now, all I keep thinking about is is it a yes or a no. At least on here there's a few of us in the same boat! When did you say to them that you could start? Hope you had a nice new year! x

Oxaliza_Oxen
2nd Jan 2009, 04:57
Hi there, thank you for reply back and support me. I told them that I need to give 4 weeks notice as well. But one gal from the group got call on 25th Dec and she told them the same thing as mine. Then because they call her earlier then we expect so she still let the HR ppl know that she needs to give 4 weeks notice to her current employer plus time to prepare herself regarding personal thing as well, so she told me that still be a couple months that she needs. That's mean she asked EK to delay her DOJ.

Well, it could be because it's New Year time and I think it was a public holiday for ppl who workin in the office, I'm pretty sure it is a publice holiday in Dubai. And as all we are, having a family party, holiday time as well because their weekend is Fri and Sat so it's 3 days off from work. Let's see next week. We still at the beginning of the time frame for what we are given 4-6 weeks. How is your FI? Have you check it out the Airboy website. I have found it is really helpful. We will make it!;):)

deon85
2nd Jan 2009, 06:29
remember,
When you get the "golden call" the guy tells you that you cant resign from your current employer untill they clear you medically fit! He asks you how much notice you have to give then he gives you a DOJ. Taking into account your 2+ weeks it takes to get them your medicals plus another 4 weeks as notice period..

Oxaliza_Oxen... I love batemans bay.. got so burnt there a few years back! And yes Impatient at the best of times!

Oxaliza_Oxen
2nd Jan 2009, 09:00
Hi deon85,
Yeb, but I end up in didn't make it:sad: my gal freind wasn't feel well, but it was really hot day here as well..

What a feeling!! You must be really relief and have a great time in CPT. :)
On sunday, it must be a good day for me to get a golden call, ppl in HR just gonna be back after a good time of New Year fresh start and be in a good mood, right??? ha ha

so I think they will do a great thing for me and all of us who still waiting for the golden call.

Be in touch, and take care..:ok:

Oxaliza_Oxen
2nd Jan 2009, 13:06
Hi there,
Plz have a look at Airboy website, you might found the answer that you are looking for. It's a good one.:p

joanofarc
2nd Jan 2009, 21:52
yo thank you!!! nice forum here.... i will check it out for sure...

i had read in to that airboy website and his an fa ryt? im proud that he liked the philippines when he had a flight here....

but his pretty shocked about the traffic situation and our transport system... wahehehe...pretty unique!!!

red lipstick
3rd Jan 2009, 02:06
Earlier someone mentioned in the final stages you are to provide 2 social photographs of yourself. Does anyone have any idea what they mean by 'social' and also what clothes I should be wearing in the social photographs?

A letter of employment is required too... is this just a letter from your current boss confirming that you work for them?

Thanks! :)

Oxaliza_Oxen
3rd Jan 2009, 02:29
Hi there,
about the 2 casual photos, they want the photo that can see you face in any activity that you were doin, i think they want to see more about your life as a normal day not in the form of interview thing..

I bring 5-6 photos for them to choose anyway, it won't hurt.
and it's all myself as the way I am. So I have no problem of run to get the photos done for the next day FI. I like taking the photograph so my camera is most of the time is with me. Those photos that they picked were 2, one is my photo full face when it was the first time I was going for 4WD driving (I'm a bit of adventurous gal):O so I looked so happy and full of excitment on my face (that's why they took it!! I think) ha ha

Another one, they took my almost full lenght photos it was my first time Paris with the TOWERS. I think they just want to see more of who you are that's all so if you be youself at the interview and you are genuine, the personality test and yourself will match and you will not have a problem.

Oxaliza_Oxen
3rd Jan 2009, 02:33
only if you are working at the moment but a copied of your Staff ID will be fine. but if you are unemploy at the moment let's them know. They are there to help you. They are really helpful.:O

for the letter, just only say you are working in position of the company at the moment since when and that's will be ok. Don't worry, let's them know your situation at the interview day. I think must be on the 2nd day before the FI. They will have the idea for you. Because some company have policy not to give out the letter with the company letter head at all.. The recruiters were really helpful to me and accept a copied of staff id from me. You will be fine.;)

red lipstick
3rd Jan 2009, 04:09
Thanks Oxaliza! Big help! :)

red lipstick
3rd Jan 2009, 06:33
Also, this will be my second interview - I got knocked out on the first round, so am reapplying (I think I was too loud). Should I mark that this is my 2nd time? Or say first? I know it shows commitment that I am returning, but I worry that they look up why they said no last time and then say no to me again?

Oxaliza_Oxen
3rd Jan 2009, 08:29
Hi gal,
for all the resume we gave them, all will be kept in the file and if you failed the 1st round you can reapply again after 6 months of that day. If you failed the final you need to wait till 1 year to be able to reapply again. They keep your file and they know whether you follow the rule, if you failed last time and reapply before the penalty time say so and you make it this time to the final, you will got a call from HR ppl to tell you that you being succeed but they can't take you because of the penalty time still valid.

Yeb, if this is 2nd time for you for the open day (again) it counts as 2nd time. And they will not ask you why you failed 1st time, remember they don't give you the feedback so how would you be able to know why you didn't make it, right?

But they might ask you why you left you job, this will be when you in FI. Anything else? I'm happy to help wherever I can. :)

red lipstick
3rd Jan 2009, 08:30
Also, what are the chances if you don't have any flight attendant experience?
I know customer service counts and I have about 13 months experience in that area (fashion retail), and in my current job it is part of it but only a small section. Is that enough? I have reworded my resume to emphasise the customer service and negotiation skills in my current position.

Another question...sorry :bored:... my weight is JUST over the healthy BMI range. In no way am I overweight, or look remotely unhealthy, just a 'little' on the chubby side I guess (Big boobs, hips & upper thighs). I am a 10 to 12 UK or 12 to 14 Australian. Do you think this might hinder my chances?

Thanks everyone, this site has answered so many of my questions!! :O Very grateful.

Oxaliza_Oxen
3rd Jan 2009, 08:34
Can you please tell me how tall you are in Cm. and weight in KG. for me please. I want to double check for you first.:)

red lipstick
3rd Jan 2009, 08:45
168cm, 72kg

Oxaliza_Oxen
3rd Jan 2009, 08:59
Hi this is what I got for you, your BMI is 25.5

It's all based on BMI (or Body Mass Index) calculate yours and check if you fit within those limits :

- below 16 = underweight > unacceptable

- 16 to 18 = acceptable with appropriate body frame (meaning proportions) and doctors OK GO

- 18 to 25 = normal > accepted

- 25 to 30 = acceptable with appropriate body frame (meaning proportions) and doctors OK GO

Reference: Airboy website
- over 30 = Obese > unacceptable

You can calculate your BMI here : Calculate your BMI—Standard and Metric BMI Calculators (http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bminojs.htm)

red lipstick
3rd Jan 2009, 09:42
Thanks so much, you are great. Do they have weighing scales at any stage during the interview? I guess from your BMI index thingy that I should be OK?
Do you have any answers on the first section of my previous post about flight attendant experience/customer service experience?
Thank you so much for taking the time out to help me, I really do appreciate it :)

Oxaliza_Oxen
3rd Jan 2009, 10:40
Hi, I'm back...
for the experience, the fact is all the experience you have got in whatever job will gice you the skill of how to mingle with the other ppl anyway, of course you would have good and bad side out of it to make you become you today.

Think about this, we are a hospitality ppl so it's about the genuine intend that you give to ppl. I try to pin point of how happy I am to be able to help ppl and what I get in return is feeling good of being part of that person happiness.

Do you think you have that. It doesn't matter what kind of job you are doing. Everything we do each day is involved with the others ppl around us, even though you are on the bus to go to work and you have that kind of thought of giving up your seat to the eldery..(this is just the example alright, some old ppl are the pain as well, I know that). So you if have that kind of good attutide regarding the service mind, it will be a PLUS++

Now, at work..think about who is your customers..colleages, friend and the real customers who come in the shop.

You are providng the service towards your colleages in the term of working as a team, helpful, no bitchy:mad: so you make the good work place environment.

Then, you come across with difficult ppl at work..oh what a :mad:!! but you do well by not take thing personal, count 1,2,3.. or imagine that person is a monkey keep hiting his/her head and you will be fine.. coz he/she might has a bad night sleep, fight with partner, etc...and do that to customers as well.. but you have to a bit of skill to deal with them like it's fine NOT to look like you ignore them, being acknowledge toward them and you will be ok. But we can talk about this a bit more later on.

From your age 23 and have 13 months in hospitality and still working at the moment, I think it's fine. remember that the want ppl who have a service mind which it could happen anytime outside work as well.

Let's follow me a little bit...think about anytime that you do the good thing by helping someone on street who look like they lost the way and without they open their mouth to you, you notice that and you pop up the question "Anything I can help you?" so now you can see the picture that you are not only be helpful but you have the caring and pay attention to detail on thing around you. (But I don't want you to go out tomorrow and keep looking for ppl to try to help them,Ok. ha ha)

I send this for you to read first and I will tell you about FA experience in a min.;)

sarahbusta
3rd Jan 2009, 10:47
5 weeks for me tmr and nothing from them yet :( who else are waiting here? good luck to us! :)

Vix85
3rd Jan 2009, 10:56
Im waiting too, mine will be 5 weeks tomorrow... ohhhh time is going so slow now!

gabidu
3rd Jan 2009, 10:58
Sitting, Waiting, Wishing.......

Vix85
3rd Jan 2009, 11:03
Maybe they will do all the golden calls for us lot next week, there seems to be a lot of us on here that are at the 5 week marker, hopefully next week will be our week (fingers crossed)

joanofarc
3rd Jan 2009, 11:15
oh my..i calculated my bmi and im only 17+ ...any ideas on how to gain weight??? supplements....vitamins....diet.. watever...

hey mr ox...ur so knowlegeable and such a great help here....u really deserve it if u got hired!!! how young are you????

Oxaliza_Oxen
3rd Jan 2009, 11:44
Hi there,
There isn't a weighting scales at the interview, just only the reach test. You will need to be able to reach 212cm. regarding to safety equipment where they are stored in the AC.

And I am a woman!! he he :ok: it's all good, I know my charactor is a bit like that but I am a real woman and very sexy too. ha ha;)

Yes, it's my 4th weeks and I think we will get the golden call soon, I got the good feeling and I woud like to thanks everyone of keep asking me all those questions as well. It's keep myself occupied and I feel good that I can help everyone here as well.

And (too many AND huh!! ha ha) I would like to apologized if I keep some of us waiting for me to reply and also if I forgot to mention some info. or didn't cover what you guys like to know enough. But I will do my best!!:p

joanofarc
3rd Jan 2009, 12:39
yah... i figured out...an oxen is a female BULL or ox??? hahaha....sorry...got it wrong....:confused:

i will just call u....sexy oxen for that matter;)

oh...we really appreciate ur time of answering my questions....thank u heaps!!!:D

i hope i could work with u soon.....

i got a lot of work to do:ouch: i haven't done anything yet...but through ur advice, im motivated....hope to see u in the future sexy oxen:)

Oxaliza_Oxen
3rd Jan 2009, 13:23
Hi gal, it's ok. My pleasure. I'm looking foward to see everyone as well. We will get the golden call. Inshallah..(God's will in Arabic)

SOPS
3rd Jan 2009, 17:04
they asked you if you could siong or dance???.........mmmmmm??????....:sad:

sfjana
3rd Jan 2009, 17:11
5th week for me!!!!
Full of hope yet :ok:

SOPS
3rd Jan 2009, 18:40
the thing that worries me (and I work for EK, but not as Cabin Crew) is that I dont think Emirates makes jokes. I find it hard to belive they actually asked you that question......as I say, I know EK, getting a job here is not easy( but once done very wirhtwhile)..I doubt they joke.......:confused:

Dubai Bound
3rd Jan 2009, 20:04
Keep hope alive. I couldn't believe when I saw that you got a rejection email after they told you you had to wait till the 8th since your file was under someone on vacation. I definitely think it was a mistake and you should definitely call them on the 8th or ninth. Can't hurt anyway. I am now waiting in my seventh week along with 8 other people in my final interviews. As far as EK not joking around, I mean seriously do you think no one has a personality at EK. I was joking around with my recruiters at my final interview and with the recruiters at the open day. They want personality there so I believe them asking you if you could sing or dance is nothing but good. They obviously enjoyed your company if the final interview went over an hour. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and will see you in Dubai. We will be there. Don't give up, you got this far...... I advise renting the movie the secret(trust me on this one). If you want I can send it to you through email in a zip file.... "If the mind can go there, the body will follow"
Good luck to all others waiting and keep those negative thoughts as far away as possible...

wish_2_fly
3rd Jan 2009, 20:44
Hey Everyone,

I havent wrote on here for a while either!! Dont really have much to say apart from trying to get the medicals done in 2 weeks over new year and Christmas is a nightmare.

Im not sure if its just in England (you guys can advise me) but things arent as simple as going to the doctor. In England local doctors refuse to give HIV test (unless an emergency) as they dont like it on their records. Not in a bad way....its just if they have it on their records you have to declare if for life insurance, mortgages etc. Also they do audiograms but no graph for the results!!......So you look for a private clinic to go for things such as the X-ray but you cant just pay for an x-ray.....oh no no no....that would be too easy.....You have to pay for a consultation also!! So for my x-ray I will have to pay round about ฃ400.....then I have to do the same for my audiogram!!

Also as well ladies (guys dont read this next paragraph if you dont wanna read about "women's problems"!!!) for your cervical smear.....In England they will not give you a smear if you are under 25 years old without serious symptoms. This is why poor people like Jade Goody dont discover these things until they are serious....so unfortunately I wont be able to have one which is a shame because I would of like to be totally covered by Emirates for all medical...you know for piece of mind.

On a funnier note I did take my Dad with me to the GUM clinic (for all of you who dont know what that is.....its a clinic for anyone with sexual transmitted infections and things of that nature...mostly full of spotty teenagers all glaring each other). He sat in the waiting room while I had my HIV test (it was the only place that would do it!!). It was really funny I had this guy for my test and it was quite obvious that he was gay because he danced about with the syringe and insisted i take about 50 condoms "just in case"......even though I said there was no need!!! So i left the cubicle (a little paler) to find my Dad (even more pale than me) wanting to run out of the clinic...some young guy had been telling him that his girlfriend had given him the Christmas gift of Chlamydia. Needless to say I think my Dad had his eyes opened to the youth of today!! Anyone just thought I would share this because it was very funny.

Anyway I have got appointments all next week for my medical stuff and hopefully I will be able to send it all off on Saturday....then its the waiting game all over again. I have cut down on smoking, run for 20 mins everyday and take multivitamins......I thought I would have to do something as I am not a very healthy person...I run on red bull usually!!

Dubai_Bound - What are you up to now then? Have you done your medicals yet?

ChinoA - Like I said before you have nothing to lose....so I would call on the 9th and say you havent received an email at all.....you never know it might encourage them to look at your file again. You will keep applying right, if the worst comes to the worst?

xxx

pinkylicious
3rd Jan 2009, 21:09
Hi there!

I guess it's not only in U.K but in Italy it's WORSE!!
I got to get the medicals done in italian and then translated into english..
Since I got my notice that I am successful only on 30th Jan, until today I couldn't start on anything cos there was NYE and everyone is on vacation plus in Italy there is a holiday on 6th Jan so this week is totally a DREADFUL week to get anything done at all..
Regarding the cervical smear, it's too bad that u got to be more than 25 yrs old, but I read on the docs that Emirates provide us that u can choose if u want to go through this test or not...
Well, I feel abit taken aback at this type of test cos it sounds "queasy" lol!!

Let me know how ur medicals fare and good luck!:ok:

pinkylicious
3rd Jan 2009, 21:20
Hey ChinoA...

I guess u should try calling again and getting the confirmation..
Ask if ur coordinator is back..he is the one you should talk to cos he/she will be the one handling ur file..
U kno I had to call them to know what happened to my file cos I had been waiting for 5 whole months and the best thing was they waited for me to bcom 21 in Dec..
So imagine my happiness when my coordinator told me that I'm successful ( I almost lost hope thinking they discarded my file and forgot about me!) and when I told him I was soo happy, he laughed with joy!
so pls take the initiative and call again...I'm sure u will get a positive answer!

Let all of us know!!
Good luck!:ok:

Oxaliza_Oxen
3rd Jan 2009, 22:15
Hi ChinoA,
I got your PM. Yes, I agree with Dubai_bound. Look a bit unusual that they will be joking around like that. I would recommend you to ring again. Be positive and you will be alright. I will pray for you.

Dubai Bound
3rd Jan 2009, 23:24
No medicals yet. Waiting on the call for about seven weeks not giving up hope
not sure if this applies to Emirates but will probably be a part of the long delay. But hopefully not
Dubai: The Emiri Court of His Highness Shaikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai, mourns the death of Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Umm Al Quwain, Shaikh Rashid Bin Ahmad Al Mualla, who died on Friday in London.

A week long state of mourning has been declared in Dubai, during which flags shall fly at half mast.

All federal and government departments and institutions shall remain closed for three days beginning on Friday.

Oxaliza_Oxen
3rd Jan 2009, 23:55
Yes, definately. It will. Now I got it. Where did you get those news from? Let's us know plz..

Oxaliza_Oxen
4th Jan 2009, 00:08
Hey I got into the news now. Yes, definately it will affect everything in the country. So we can do sth else for the time being, I guess. but it's sad for the lost as well and feeling of local ppl in dubai:sad:. urmm..mm

Dubai Bound
4th Jan 2009, 00:12
Was just lookin up public holidays in UAE to see if there were any coming up. Found that on Google

Oxaliza_Oxen
4th Jan 2009, 01:33
ChinoA Hi, yes I got your PM. I think it sounds odd that they were joking around like that. I recommend you can try to ring them up and check with EK directly. Everything will be ok. I will pray for you.

Exfightly I got your PM, took me an hr to type everything in details to you on my FI, but the system was down, i have to refresh the screen so all the message was gone..:sad: well, let me gain some more energery I might try to do it again.

Lia Kohl
4th Jan 2009, 02:35
Seems like I'm the only one from November's Osaka FI in this forum who's still waiting her Golden Call. I'm also checking a Japanese forum for cabin crews and I don't see anyone saying that they got their calls lately.
It will be 6 weeks waiting next Friday (and my birthday is Thursday).

Last night I dreamt for the 3rd time that EK have called me (this time I could even "hear" the person in the other side). Am I getting crazy? :ugh:

Anyhow, I wish you guys get your calls soon, specially ChinoA :ok: After such a drama, you really deserve it!

Lia Kohl
4th Jan 2009, 02:45
Dude, we're Brazilians, so our life is full of drama (according to my "rolo", from NY).

Hope we go on the same batch too!

My mom thought that 12 hours of interview (2nd screening) was drama enough, but she has no idea of what's coming :}

sarahbusta
4th Jan 2009, 04:34
lia kohl... im still waiting too. its 5 weeks for me now and nothing yet! i'll call them when i dont hear from them after 6 weeks

chinoA... yea they are right, u need to call this coordinator and confirm it. i still cant believe that they make u wait for long and just get a no email...that is really depressing

i see few of us who is still waiting... lets hope we hear from them this week!

goodluck to everyone!

ArthurNielsen
4th Jan 2009, 08:39
Hi everyone, and nice to be finally posting here!:)

Goodness, I can only imagine how nervous some of you are while some of you guys are opening your own respective emails! Or even getting frantic and all everytime your phone rings!

To those of you who are still waiting, may I ask how you all will be reacting when you finally receive that "supah-freakin-golden call"?

Like, "Ring-ring-ring-ring"

"Hello?"

"Hi! This is Mr/Ms. blah-blah-blah of Emirates Airlines, and in behalf of the company, we want to apologize for the huge delay. Anyway, I am calling to inform you that we have selected you as....."

WAAAAAAHHHH! :D

Because if that will happen to me, I would really, really jump up and down or shout at the top of my lungs or some sort (right after the call of course).

Anyway, I'll finally turn 21 this coming February and like most of you, I also have dreams of working for Emirates someday. But until now, it will only be a dream.

Never say die guys, and just remember that none of your efforts will be in vain! Everything works together for the good, so just keep on pursuing what your heart really desires, and keep on clinging on things worth striving for! As what Paolo Coelho's famous quote says, "When you want something, the whole universe conspires in helping you achieve it."

Go for gold everyone, and I wish you all the best this 2-oh-oh-9!:ok:

wish_2_fly
4th Jan 2009, 22:29
Hey Everyone,

Thought I would write a little something as no one has posted anything.....

ArthurNielson - When they called me and told me I got it I was shocked I was just like "ok......hmmmm....I see..." I was so shocked. I really didnt feel anything. I think because everyone waits so long to find out and they find out its gonna happens its like....Oh No Im actually going to fly on my own to a foreign country....live and work there.... in a job Ive never done before. I think it was the first time I was scared because usually you are just like "I hope they ring me" you dont really think about after.

I am going to see the nurse tomorrow for my blood tests, vaccinations, audiogram and ECG and I am quite worried. I have been slightly anaemic in the past and lately I have been going dizzy when I stand up and Im worried this is going to show in my blood tests. Hopefully its just low blood pressure and a few good meals over the next couple of days before I see the doctor for my final medicals will sort that out. See I didnt really think about these things before. I also hope they can get the results back by friday as I will have to send everything off to Emirates on Saturday....it's been so difficult with it being Christmas and New Year. Hopefully this will be fine and they will appreciate the hurry I'm in.

Its weird because Im worried about my HIV test too. I have no reason to be....its just I have never had one done and how would you ever know you had it?? It makes me think how easy it would be to catch it.

Hopefully tomorrow I can also get a referal from the doctor so I can go to a private hospital and get my chest X-ray done....another thing to worry about. I think I am worries because I spoke to an ex-cabin crew for a company called Ryan Air in the UK when I was at the open day and she told me a friend of hers had been accepted and then found out she had cancer while doing her medicals.......I know it sounds dramatic and its unlikely anything like this would happen but it would be so cruel to be provisionally accepted and something small such as my blood pressure being a bit low or my haemoglobin count not being right could end it all.

I am also in a slightly different position to everyone else. I have property out in Dubai and have been maybe 7 times to Dubai and I love it. It has been mine and my boyfriends goal to make the move and become expats. One of us had to get a job there first so we had some stability, so for me to be accepted has not just been my dream but also my boyfriends. We have struggled for about 3 years now. I originally worked in hotels so I have about 4 years experience and a diploma in Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Management but not a degree.....Tourism and hospitality jobs are not well paid out in Dubai...to take a position such as reservations or meeting & events (like i am doing in the UK) would mean a major paycut. Around about ฃ600....and thats without any accommodation, bills etc being paid. My boyfriend has a degree and experience in Marketing but still trying to convince a company thousands of miles away to offer you a job and a ex-pat package (accomodation, flights home etc.) is difficult as well. Also because Dubai is where we want to be I dont have the opportunity to apply to other airlines if I am unsuccessful.

So really when I think about it....the worse time for me is when I send my medicals of and have to wait for the answer from Emirates. Or if my doctor tells me I dont meet the criteria in the documents that Emirates have supplied me....which is scary.

Its important to see how lucky we are if we are accepted....the rest of the UAE in tourism are getting paid next to nothing compared with us potential cabin crew. And we would get paid also to live in which I consider the best city in the world.....and I have been fortunate enough to see a lot of the world.

I dont mean to depress anyone with my post but I think its important for everyone to apply for to know what is expected and how you feel. But I now if I make it.......it WILL be worth it!!

Oh.....I also have the dentist tomorrow but I did go a couple of weeks ago for a check up and I was given the OK. So thats at least one thing I dont have to worry about.

ChinoA - Definitely give them a call, you have nothing to lose. I have added you on facebook so let me know all the goings on.

Lia Kohl & Sarahbusta - Like ChinoA said "its not over til its over" so keep positive....no news is good news and all that stuff. I was into my last week of waiting when I heard so its not necessarily a bad thing.

Everyone keep me informed of your progress and I'll keep you informed of mine xxx

nakks
5th Jan 2009, 07:59
hi,
does anyone have the Grooming handbook for emirates or know where i can get one? i cant find anything regarding grooming standards in the CC handbook they sent. please let me know.

thanks.!!!:p

red lipstick
5th Jan 2009, 08:24
They teach you everything about their standards of grooming as part of your training. Just keep your makeup mild for the moment (neutral colours).

wish_2_fly
5th Jan 2009, 12:47
Make sure your nails are manicured and that you do have polish on!!

Has anyone heard anything from CarineA? Wonder how she is doing!?

canadianboy23
5th Jan 2009, 18:41
wish 2 fly - great post and thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts. I can relate that it is hard not to worry about the medicals. I am healthy and I was still worried a bit. I think because it is the final stage and after such a long wait, sometimes our minds can think up all kinds of possible complications and problems. Just remember that everybody who got the job with Emirates Airlines went through the same things and many with some kind of doubts.
This process thought me patience. I thought before that I was a patient person, but throughout this process I learned a lot, and it has been worth it just for that! And everything what happens, happens for a reason and is for the best, so think positive, force yourself to think positive!

And most importantly;
"Life is a journey, not a destination"

vespaet3
6th Jan 2009, 00:11
Hi everyone. I've been waiting 6.5 weeks now, with no calls or emails.

I've tried calling many times (realising Fri, Sat, Sun were public holidays) and the phone just rings and rings until I am cut off.

Does anyone have any phone numbers, other than the one on the page from the invitation to the final interview with the gold letterhead?

Thanks a lot! :ok:

Dubai Bound
6th Jan 2009, 01:37
So I found out two nights ago that they never received my emails with my pictures and documents and it had been almost 7 weeks. I sent everything again and called to make sure they received it and they said they did. But when they printed my prof pic it was blurry so they requested it in a smaller resolution and format and I got an email at 5am this morning saying it printed just fine. And sorry for the wait and I will hear back from them soon!!! I am hoping to get a call tonight or early in the morning. I can feel it.....
At least i know they are looking at my file
Anyone that has waited over 6 weeks I suggest phoning them to make sure they have all of your info and ask when you should expect to hear back from them.
I called after six weeks and was told I would hear in 1 to 2 more weeks. Today is exactly one week after I called.....
Trying to remain :cool:

lisiane_e
6th Jan 2009, 10:23
Hi, everyone.
Does anybody know when they start sending the NO email?
Ppl here are getting their answers (they started calling 10 days ago). So I wonder when they send the NO email.
Thanksssssss

made_in_ukraine
6th Jan 2009, 10:51
Hey lisiane_e,

Thanks for your e-mail. I know how you must be feeling. I have got my rejection email just two weeks after the final interview (and before my trip to Germany); so I could (and do) have much more relaxed holidays than I would have had if I had not heard anything from them before. And while yes, it was disappointing for me to hear that they did not want me, I took it as a fact. I am a bit confused why some of the departments of EK are somewhat disorganized in how they do their job (as well as why some receive their NO emails 2 weeks after the interview while others have to wait to more than 6 weeks). But well, they must have their own system which works for them.

For those who are still waiting, I admire you guys! I would have gone nuts by now (or after all, what esle is there to do but to wait). At this point, I am also thinking of applying for Etihad and Qatar. And by far, Emirates will be hearing from me next year, too!

Greetings from -15 degrees cold city of Berlin :-)

Vix85
6th Jan 2009, 10:54
Just wondering if anyone can answer this wee question - does Emirates contact your employment references after the initial job offer or once they give you the final approval?? If they contant your reference at all that is.
I'm still waiting, 5 weeks and 2 days now - haha not counting at all!!

dxb_ fido
6th Jan 2009, 12:01
Hi all,

I went to the open day in Dubai on the 4th of Jan and it was only CV drop off with 2 questions ( Visa status and how long u've been in Dubai ). I thought it was not promising but surprisingly the next day I got an SMS and an mail from EK saying that I have a preliminary interview on the 7th which is tomorrow.

Could anyone tell me what kind of question or discussions to expect tomorrow?? Any help would be appreciated.

Is there anyone going to the interview tomorrow as well ?? PM me

Good luck to you alllllll:ok:

panchi
6th Jan 2009, 12:06
good luck dude!!! keep us posted ok....

Lia Kohl
6th Jan 2009, 13:44
Hi All!
Won't tell details now, but I think I can give good news soon!
Tomorrow I'l be posting here again :ok:

sfjana
6th Jan 2009, 18:30
Dubai Bound
I'm waiting for 5 weeks now counting the days to ring them. And yesterday I got an email, I was petrified, but they were just asking me for my referees. Wich I thought that they already had when a sent my last email on 14th of December.
I sent again and rang to confirm. She said that everything was just fine and that I would hesar from them as soon as possible.
More waiting for me!!! Anyway, at least is good to know that they are looking into my files now.:}

Vix85
They will contact yours referees after you get the job, after you have resigned and everything.:)

Good luck for us all!!!

Oxaliza_Oxen
7th Jan 2009, 01:11
That's good thing to know about it. Yes, we will be ok. All of us who still waiting for the "Yes" golden call. If it meant to be it will be. Because we do. That's why we are here to share the feeling and caring. Very supportive and postitive people, aren't we? ;)

sarahbusta
7th Jan 2009, 04:43
hey everyone...its been 5 weeks and 3 days for me :( i hope all of us who are waiting here will go to a next batch :)

still looking at the bright side :D good luck ppl

Lia Kohl
7th Jan 2009, 16:25
After 5 weeks and 5 days of waiting, I got my Golden Call today!
I'm still petrified :}

Anyhow, for me wasn't a big surprise because I tried to acess my application and saw that message (that I should accept their offer first), so I kinda imagined that I was in, but I wanted to make sure first.
Tuesday I called to their recruiting agency in Osaka and a few hours later I missed theirs calls from DXB (I think they hang up before I could even hear the phone ring).
I tried to call them back and no response, of course. Then, I called Osaka again, got other phone numbers and tried calling from over an hour. Then I finally got someone who asked all my data (name, application # etc) and she called me back after 40 min. That was the Golden Call!!!

My DOJ is 13th FEB, is someone getting there on the next day (14th Feb) too?

Thanks for all who prayed for me! I will keep on praying for you (sfjana, sarahbusta, ChinoA) and others waiting!

See you in Dubai! x

Vix85
7th Jan 2009, 17:06
Well done!! That is fantastic news, sooooo happy for you! Im still waiting :( Good luck to all still waiting to hear. xo

wish_2_fly
7th Jan 2009, 18:20
My DOJ is 13th February!!! Yay, I have a friend!!

We are starting on Friday the 13th!! Oh thats a bad thing to say!!

Let me know how you do with the medicals....Im trying to do them now!!

gabidu
7th Jan 2009, 18:23
got the golden call and the golden email with all the stuff I have to prepare and send....uffff getting crazy. Hope u guys hear from them soon.

sfjana
7th Jan 2009, 18:46
Congrats!!!!:D:D:D:D Very happy for you guys!!!! Lia Khol and Gabidu see it worth the waiting!!!!:ok::):p;)
All the best!!!
Fingers crossed, I have this feelings that we will all get the golden call soon.;)

dxb_ fido
7th Jan 2009, 19:34
Hi guys,

Congrats to those who got the golden call:ok:, wish to see u here in Dubai.

I survived an 8 hours interview today at the New Aviation College in Dubai, we were arround 70 applicants and got shortlisted in 4 stages interview. First there was the introduction to Emirated Airlines and Working as Cabin Crew and the benifits then there was the Reach Test, Group Discussion, Tests in English, Math and general knowledge, teamwork practice and PF16 Psycological test.
Lucky me I survived the whole thing and I was amongst the lucky 10 who got shortlisted out of 70, I have my final interview sceduald on the 12th of Jan but I doo't know what to expect ? Have you been there before ? If you have, please tell me what to expect:confused:

Good luck everyone.

Vix85
7th Jan 2009, 19:53
dxb_fido - I just sent you a pm about the final interview. Hope it helps you out.

Oxaliza_Oxen
8th Jan 2009, 00:43
Wow..w that's great!! Congrat!! well done. I want to join you soon and hope to see you in Dubai. It's such a great feeling. You are deserved a big :D. DOJ 13 Feb. Oh wow, that the day I want to. I have so many things to do and that's the day I hope it will be my DOJ too. Pray for me and we shall pray together. :)

ChinoA I keep my fingers cross for you and for everyone.:)

Lia Kohl
8th Jan 2009, 01:43
Thanks for all you who prayed for me!
Actually, today is my birthday, so I got the best present ever!

I know 6 weeks of waiting is a lot, but it's worth :}

wish_2_fly, I'll probably do all my medicals at Tokyo British Clinic (funny, isn't?) and I will look for a Dentist who can give me the results in English (I don't think that will be difficult too, even here in Japan).

Whoever wants to add in FB, just send me a PM :ok:

Good Luck for all :}

sarahbusta
8th Jan 2009, 03:15
congrats lia kohl! happy for u :)and wow! happy bday...that must be a good feeling and definitely your best present ever. some of us here are still on a waiting game.

chinoA- good luck with ur call and keep us posted.

BlueSkySid
8th Jan 2009, 07:12
Who here is attending the melbourne open day saturday 21 february?

Flying princess 116
8th Jan 2009, 11:46
Hi there,just came across this forum, my date of joining is 13th feb also :O is any1 leaving from Glasgow?

Hope2Fly
8th Jan 2009, 17:13
Hi guys. How is everyone doing? I have spent countless hours reading all these posts about Emirates, been quite a help as to what to expect once I hopefully start the process of being selected....hopefully.

Anyhow im from winnipeg, canada, and emirates does not come to by city to recruit which sucks so i'll have to fly out to Vancity or Montreal i suppose for the open house day or whatever....I'm still waiting for a invite via email...

Is anyone here from canada. or vancouver and will be going to the open house at the end of the month?

When you apply online, do they usually send you an invitation by email or phone? Gosh i really want them to call lol, i really want to just start working for them.

Anyhow looking forward chatting with other hopeful such as myself.

Cheers.:)

Dubai Bound
9th Jan 2009, 01:49
I got the call yesterday morning at 630 after waiting almost eight weeks.... So happy!!!! Now for the meds. Just got the email with everything. How much will it cost get everything done! Anyone got any advice either, thanks DOJ March 6th anyone else leaving then???

Oxaliza_Oxen
9th Jan 2009, 03:20
Hi there, it's such a great support by you to let us know about the golden call at week 8. Yes, it's a great hopeful message for all of us. I will keep on smiling and stay positive. Cheers:p:p:p

sarahbusta
9th Jan 2009, 08:50
chinoA - sorry to hear that and just keep trying...maybe some other airlines. if i dont make it, i'll try qatar airways this coming 17 jan here in singapore.

dubai bound - congrats! uve waited for almost 8 weeks? gosh! how can they wait u for that long? oh well, u had ur happy ending tho :) 6 weeks for me this coming sundayand nothing from them yet :( me and vix85 are on the same boat

good luck to everyone who is waiting and stay positive! x

Vix85
9th Jan 2009, 09:33
Congrats dubai bound - u really are dubai bound now!! Bet u can't wait! 8 weeks is a long time to wait to hear the yes/no verdict. Im nearly at 6 weeks now along with sarahbusta, we are counting down the days till we can call them to ask whats happening. Im getting so impatient now! Maybe Sunday will be our lucky day for the rest of us to find out. x

pinkylicious
9th Jan 2009, 10:19
Hi!
Congrats for the Golden Call!!
My DOJ is on 13 march..I thik I was given such a late date because I'm still employed..but I guess we will be on the same batch!!!
My medicals are proving to be disastrous and I'm getting them done in private clinics and gotta pay alot of money..
I'm hoping i'll be getting a reimburse of my medicals...
Anyways good luck and hoping to see u in DXB!:)

Hi ChinoA
Really sad about the news..
But never give up hope and try again!!
Good luck!

Montreal76
9th Jan 2009, 10:21
Welcome ! you don't need an invitation to go to the interview as it is a preselection done by recruitment company and they decide who gets to meet Emirates about a week later so plan to come back to vancouver or staying there for at least 15 days ! When you go on the recruitment site for emirates there is a link to the recruitment agency when you click on the date.

Good Luck

Donisha
9th Jan 2009, 11:23
Hi everyone, I will be attending emirates open day next month, I'm scared as HELL! I was wondering, on the Open Day, do they check your height?

and what is the difference between the Open Day and the Assessment Day?

Donisha
9th Jan 2009, 11:40
If I attend the open day and I'm successful and I have to attend an assessment day, how many days after do I have to wait for the assessment day.

Because I will be flying overseas to attend the open day and I would like to know how much days to fly overseas for. I don't want to stay away from my job too long.

wish_2_fly
9th Jan 2009, 17:03
I am so angry..... I have spent about ฃ1000 on my medicals so far. I have been passed from pillar to post for everything. And the Doctors and Nurses have no idea what to do. Was supposed to see nurse for all of my vaccinations today but she informed she has to order them in which will take a week and I cannot have them all done at once.....this is strange since I gave them all the info about a week and half ago!!! Which is no help coz I have got to send all the information off tomorrow!!

Pinkylicious - We dont get reimbursed the costs of the medicals!!!! Shocking I know!

Donisha - An open day is where anyone can attend.....you get general information about Emirates and the job and you are invited to hand in your CV's and you maybe be asked to do a reach test at this point as well and then you will be sent on your way......They may ask you to come back for an assessment day which will be whenever the next is scheduled or you maybe asked to meet them for an interview....I dont know how long you will have to wait. If not many people turn up for an open day it may turn into an assessment day (this is what happened at mine in Glasgow).

An assessment you must have an invitation from Emirates to attend. This is where they will do several group scenarios and discussions...I made a really detailed post about everything that happened on the assessment day on page 23 of this forum for you and anyone else in your position. You should find it useful. Good Luck!!

If you have to travel a long way to get to a place where they hold open/assessment day I would submit your online application a couple of weeks before and maybe send an email to their help desk saying you live a long way from that place but you would like to attend and would they consider you. Save yourself some time and money.....I wouldnt travel a long way for an open day.....try for an assessment day.

ChinoA - Definitely dont give up....you know what the whole process is about so next time you will be a pro!!

Dubai Bound - Congrats!! It so unreal when you get the call!! See you in Dubai!!

Flying Princess 116 - My DOJ is 13th Feb.....Im flying from Manchester but did you have the interviews back in November at the Marriott....That s where I was!!

Those of you still waiting....Im crossing my fingers for you!!

Lia Kohl
9th Jan 2009, 17:31
Chino, I'm also sorry to hear that. Keep on trying and use these 6 months to improve whatever you need to improve.

Dubaibound, congratulations!

And all the others waiting, stay positive!

Now, me, running here with the medicals. I've been to 2 international clinics in Tokyo and decided to do all (except dentals) at Tokyo British Clinic at the cost of 62,000 JPY. I think I will take the shots in DXB, as I would spend about 120,000 JPY in vaccinations here :eek: Will go to a dentist tomorrow and check out how much the dentals would cost me.

waitingforemirates
9th Jan 2009, 19:28
I see that there're a few of us here whose DOJ is on 13 Feb :ok:I'm in e final lapse of waiting. submitted my medical reports on 31st but still no news.

wish_2_fly: you can give them an email or call to tell them about the delay. one of my friend emailed them regarding delayed submission of medical reports and they replied OK :)

ChinoA: i'm sorry to hear that. don't give up!

Hope2Fly
9th Jan 2009, 21:17
Hey Guys thanks for the info, congrats to everyone that recieved the "golden call".

Um Wish 2 Fly where can i find an email address for the help desk? is it on the emirates website? I have emailed Emirates agency...konexion or something like that...still waiting on a reply though.

red lipstick
10th Jan 2009, 06:50
So I went for my second open day today. Alot of people turned up so this time they did just the Emirates orientation and a short questionnaire with one of the two recruiters.

They asked questions like "what are you doing for work at the moment" and then asking questions about your job. That was all. We were then told that we would receive a phone call today by a certain time if we had progressed to tomorrow's interviews. It was very different to my previous interview, and they didn't do the height check? However there were the Emirates height markers on the wall.

Well I have studied, studied, studied for this time around. The answers I had prepared were great, but I didn't even have a chance to say them. I looked perfection. Perfect make up, hair, skirt suit, polished shoes, no extra jewelry (just small pearls and watch), stockings. I smiled lots during my time, but not too much that it was too much, and she was smiling back too. I didnt answer my questions too long, just what she asked. I never spoke during the orientation, only giggled and smiled. I am not ugly, I am not fat, I do not smell too if you are wondering!!!!

I really do not understand why I didn't get through? I am so disappointed :( I'm not sure if I can go through it again?

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I just do not understand their criteria?

Flying princess 116
10th Jan 2009, 09:55
Yeah i was at the Glasgow Marriott 2 in November :O Ive had all my medicals done and vaccinations but still awaiting my audiogram graph back and my dental treatment will be completed by next Thursday, So im just going to email them and explain that im just waiting on both things to tie everything up, Ive been running about stressed trying to organised hospital appointments and dental appointments. Will be worth it all in the long run :ok:
x Good luck

pinkylicious
10th Jan 2009, 10:44
Guys, I made the quick decision of flying to my home country which is Sri Lanka to do my medicals..
I live in Rome and it's crazy, being in Europe there is not a SINGLE place where i can finish off my medicals within 2 weeks, obtain results and getting them translated from italian to english...:uhoh:
So thought of flying to Colombo and getting them done in ONE day and ALL results will be in ENGLISH....
damn i'm flying tomorrow..i'll be soo busy...:ugh::hmm:

Anyways good luck to all ppl who are waiting for their golden call and who are already doing their medicals!!

sarahbusta
10th Jan 2009, 14:18
hey constance congrats btw for making it. i see alot of 13feb. i still havent heard anything from emirates yet and its going to be 6 weeks tmr. i know i wasnt on the list on how we found out from our agency but i find it strange that i didnt get an email. has any of ur friends who u went to FI with didnt get a response from EK yet?

Dubai Bound
10th Jan 2009, 21:03
Anyone that has been waiting and wondering I got hired after waiting eight weeks and that was three days ago. There are still 5 people from my final interview that have not found anything out yet. I did get an email in my seventh week telling me I would not be eligible for the position if I didn’t email them my pictures and required documents. The thing is that I sent them twice and noone ever responded to say they relieved it even though I asked that they would. Apparently from what my recruiter told me, they found them and is not sure why she was told I never sent them. My friend who lives in Egypt told me that the internet was down in most of the middle east for over two weeks about a month ago and the recruiter confirmed that when I asked her. So,……that being said …If you are waiting 6 weeks, call them immediately, if you have been waiting longer after you already hit the 6 week mark then you should try again. If you have any doubts they received your email with your info no matter how long you have been waiting, then I would advise giving them a call. Just confirm that they have your info and don’t let them hang up until they say yes we have it. Don’t settle for ,”We will contact you if we didn’t receive it”. Good Luck to you all and let me know if anyone gets a DOJ on March 6th. That is when mine is.

Red lipstick

I hate to say it but I think yourfather was probably right about the recruiters. They go through so many people and make strange decisions sometimes. As much as it sucks to wait another 6 months to go through this again, just remember, most people that work for emirates had to go to several of these things. If you really want it then be persistant. I don’t think you did anything wrong and I understand why you are upset. Just know a lot of people make errors but they tend to to corret their mistakes eventually. Keep up hope.. What is you prior professional experience.. if I might ask?

wish_2_fly
10th Jan 2009, 22:37
Well guys I think Im officially done with the medicals....just sent everything off now!! I hope they get back to me ASAP to let me know evrything is goord

Yourfather- I dont think that is the case at all. Why would a company spend so much money recruiting all over the world and it be a lengthy process....I dont think its fair to say that. Why go through the hassle of having people waiting for an answer.......emailing with questions. If that was the case they would just recruit in their own country if they werent really that bothered.

I think rather than them selecting at random I think you do have to try and make an impression straight away. There were plenty of people on my open day who were really good but just didnt get the chance to speak....I think this is why good people for the job can sometimes be unnoticed.

Hopetofly - There is an email somewhere on the careers section of Emirates Website but Im not sure who you need to contact if you have gone through an agency as I went directly through Emirates and their websites. I think, from the posts I have read on here, its better to deal directly with Emirates. A lot of people seem to have issues and dont know information if they go through an agency.

Lia Kohl - Thats a real good price...I have paid nearly double that!! By the way I ll add you after this post on FB!!

Well guys I hope they email me a confirmation to say they have received all my stuff. Anyone else doing medicals......did they do you your dental or chest x-rays on film? At the places I had them done they dont use film anymore and either gave them to me on a disc or emailed them to me....let me know!

Til next time guys.....x

Hope2Fly
10th Jan 2009, 23:06
oh the agency im talking about is the one that is directly working for emirates actually..you'll see it on there site..its called konexion..and they said to contact them by email if people live far from the open house areas.

bah its the weekend now so i doubt ill get an email from emirates or konexion....all this waiting sucks. Wish i were you and was leaving 4 dubai already lol.:ugh:

dy1ng_to_fly
11th Jan 2009, 01:57
BlueSkySid - I can't make the Melbourne open day in Feb as I'll be in India :-(
I went to the Oct and Dec 08 ones, and was hoping for third time lucky! Luckily, they seem to be coming here every 2-3 months, so not too long to wait for my next try I guess!

Oxaliza_Oxen
11th Jan 2009, 03:39
Hi there,
I am pretty sure you need to wait 6 months before you can re-apply again or 1 year if you failed the final. They can find out if you went for another inteview before the panalty time so you will not be accepted anyway.

waitingforemirates
11th Jan 2009, 08:36
Hi sarah, thanks :). I only know 3 people from the interview and like me, they have gotten their golden call around mid December. I suggest that you should start calling them when you hit the sixth week of waiting. Gooood luck to you! Ring ring ring! Waiting for your good news :ok:

Vix85
11th Jan 2009, 08:56
Well guys I emailed Emirates coz its now been 6 weeks, got a reply! They just said my application is in process and they will email me or call me as soon as my application has been processed. I dunno what to think now?? More waiting I guess.

wish_2_fly
11th Jan 2009, 13:24
Yourfather - I would like to think the reason I got the job was more than just been average height. Are you thinking of applying>?

Hope2fly - Ahh the anxiety does not stop until you have got the e-ticket in your inbox!! But yes, I am so lucky and I know it!! Honestly the whole application process is an absolute drag but if you make it, It will be worth it!!

Vix85 - Thats good!!! At least you know you are still pending!! I bet you get a reply within the next couple of days now....Did you see the post about internet been down in middle east.....thats probably why there is the delay.

x

Vix85
11th Jan 2009, 14:07
Thanks for that wish_to_fly... I sent you a pm - did you get it? Really hoping I hear something from EK this week, good luck to everyone else who is still waiting.

dxb_ fido
11th Jan 2009, 19:53
Guys, I have my final interview tomorrow and I'm stressed as hell :ugh: ... Does anyone know if the recruitment process would be faster since I am already in Dubai ?

vespaet3
11th Jan 2009, 21:27
I finally received the golden call! They're obviously very busy at EK!

I was offered the DOJ of March 13, but asked for a little extra time to sort out my house, etc. my DOJ will be March 27. Has anyone else been given the 27th?

If you're still waiting at the 6 or 7 week mark and haven't received a 'NO' email, I'd say you have a good chance...

Vix85
12th Jan 2009, 00:18
That is amazing news!! I am sooooo happy for you and for telling the rest of us that! There is some light at the end of the tunnel gang hehe. There is one guy on here thats joining 27march - gabidu, look them up! You'll find their post a few pages back. I hope EK make loads of golden calls this week and they all come our way, good luck guys!!

canadianboy23
12th Jan 2009, 01:02
About the recruiting process and recruiters;
The ones that came to Canada were very very professional. I was highly impressed, and not only me, but everybody who went was impressed.

They have only so much time, and so much time to get to know the applicant. They even sit down with you for at least half an hour on the final interview! So I do think they know what they are doing.

I guess they put themselves in a passengers' position and see if they would really like YOU to represent their company. That's at least what I think they do and how they approach it, because I would approach it like that.

You have to not only be attractive looking and preferrably speak languages, but also have a bit of charm that makes you stand out and also believe in yourself and not panic during the process, but remain calm and decisive and if you want to say something, you say it with purpose and confidence... it's not like you have to talk a lot or cut into peoples sentences.

And about waiting weeks on end... yes, it does test your patience. But they are hiring YOU, and if you don't want to wait, then don't apply. It is an international company with many employees, and they have their system and rules and also they want to make sure as much as they can that you are the right person.

leanne240487
12th Jan 2009, 01:54
Hello! I am due to fly to Dubai on the 16th from Manchester, UK!

I have questions...

Is anyone else joining on this date? I don't know what to pack!!?
My boyfriend has his 21st birthday in October 2009, how likely is it that I will be able to book the time off for this? How far in advance can I book it?
Do we get discounts for friends or is it just for immediate family?
How much discount do Emirates staff get on flights?
Is Manchester a layover or turnaround? If it is a layover, how long for?Sorry for all the questions!!

Leanne http://www.cabincrew.com/ccnetwork/smileys/smiley10.gif

xx

Hope2Fly
12th Jan 2009, 04:12
I totally agree with you actually about what you wrote. Emirate is such a big company, of course they will take some time deciding on whom to hire...because it is YOU the FA that will eventually represent them 24/7.

I don't care if I have to wait 9 weeks...just as long as I get the job..i'll be so happy.

Everyone that is waiting for the "call", keep your head up, breathe and don't stress.

Cheers.

BlueSkySid
12th Jan 2009, 06:58
They comes every 2 months exactly :)

syd_dxb_maybe
12th Jan 2009, 07:49
Hi Guys, got my call few weeks back (in my 3rd week and 1/2 not that i was counting :p) DOJ 20th-Feb. Got straight into doing my costly:{ medicals right after and just emailed all results few days ago...hoping to get a medically fit confirmation real soon and email to resign from my current job, what would be even greater an earlier DOJ to top it off...they say it's possible...so now in waiting again...yes, I know it's all just one big wait after another :ugh: i guess patience in this process is just as important as patience on board a 13 hour flight with the most disgruntled passengers whom have not only been delayed for half a day but have other escalating issues you have to counsel them on, grin and bare...the realities to look forward to :)

I really think it's great how patient everyone who's waiting for that call has been, and how motivating it is for most of you to hear some of you getting calls in the 6th Week and later and again how supportive everyone is of each other...I can only imagine and think of the hundreds of people around the world whose applications hit the recruitment headquaters at Emirates that they have to go through...:rolleyes:

I know the Emirates recruitment process sounds tough...but after going through the early stages...the system they have going is very effective and difficult especially when you have hundreds of people who rock up to same open day all wanting this one big dream...yes it would be hard to get to know each person personally...I take my hat off to these recrutiers who fly into random countries deciding on people's fates...hope to be one of them one day...at least I know the 2 recruiters that we had knew what they were doing and know they had a tough time narrowing us down...some people sadly do get missed but it's how much they want it as to whether they come back again...:ok:

Smile :) :) :) those who are waiting for the call...think how far you made it, tomorrow could be your lucky day or the day after ;), think of those who got sent home on Day 1...those who didn't even get close to a final interview...i know that's not what we want to hear, but we forget that sometimes! ok so i'm going to stop writing and get back to waiting...:bored:

jzmn59
12th Jan 2009, 09:14
Hi there people!!
I need a very big favour from anyone who has undergone the medicals in DXB or know of people who have done it.

I need to know if the doctors there strip you down specifically to inspect your body for tattoos or do they just take sweeping glances while you are doing your X-rays and ECGs etc?

I think they do ask if you have tattoos and when they do, do they ask to see it also?

If any of you know how the procedure is, PLEASE PLEASE enlighten me. I really need to find out because my tattoo is in a tricky area.

Also, does anyone have any news on when the new uniform will be fully implemented across the board?

Thanks in advance everyone, I'd really appreciate any imput at all. :)

Cheers!

anuta96
12th Jan 2009, 09:25
Pls, SOMEBODY, who did medicals in past 2-3 months, post what checks exactly is required to do in home country!!!! What they send u in medical letter???:confused:

Answer please!!!

Oxaliza_Oxen
12th Jan 2009, 10:00
hi there, could you plz let us know what we have to do for the medical pre-employment and how much so far? Thanx :p

anuta96
12th Jan 2009, 11:15
no need...just got NOOOOOOOOOOO:= from Emirates after 12 days after the final interview:sad:
...:ouch::{upset:sad::(...

jzmn59
12th Jan 2009, 11:23
So sorry to hear that :( I am sure it's very disappointing.. but don't give up and try again!!!
Anyway I went to lok for the info for you before I saw your post... and for those who still wants to know.. here it is..

1. HIV test
2. Hemoglobin Count
3. A Detailed Chest X-ray report about heart & lungs
4. Audiogram report & graph (graph is very important for the approval)
5. Cervical smear test report for ladies applicants.
6. Dental certificate
7. Vaccination certificate with the initial course date.

blonde_hostie
12th Jan 2009, 11:33
The title says it all :(
But I am not losing hope! I got through the first round, I was eliminated after the second.
I can apply again after 6 months - so I'm going to :)

Now, onto the recruitment day run-down.

8.35am - Arrived. Even though they said 9am, it NEVER hurts to be a bit early!

9.00am - still hadn't started - bummer

9.20am - START - YAY. We all took a seat, and we watched a short DVD on Dubai. Then we were introduced to the two recruitment officers (yup only 2!) and they explained all the ins and outs of Dubai, the company, etc etc etc. I knew almost everything (after reading blogs, on their website and such). Then we watched a few more dvds, and then they started talking more in depth about living in Dubai, the benefits of working for them and so on. After this about 10 or so people left. I think they didn't realise you would be based in Dubai if successful, which I thought was pretty hilarious!

approx. 11am - Start of round one. We had to (one by one) reach up to a poster on the wall and see if we could reach the top (at 212cm) WITHOUT heels on ladies (which I didn't know). Thankfully I could reach it easily :) And then they asked for our resume along with our photographs (one full length, one passport), the recruitment officer also asked if I was currently employed (yes) and where I worked. Then I was given a number. That was it.

approx. 11:45am - Walk out of the room and wait. Still lots of people inside!

12:35pm - Recruiters walk out and start calling out our numbers. We were given a small note saying whether or not we were successful and could proceed to the next round. I noticed the numbers went up to 111! I was given a "successful" notice - YAY! About 50 people made it through to the next round. I noticed that the people who didn't get through were; anyone who couldn't reach (duh!), people not dressed in "business attire" (yes some people came in JEANS, and some girls can in short shorts/super short skirts!) or any girls who didn't have their hair tied back. Which I thought was all a bit obvious!

12:40pm - First group (my group!) was called in for a "group discussion. In groups of 12, we first had to stand up (one by one) and state what our biggest achievement in life has been so far, we were given 1 minute to think about the answer. Then we were given a group discussion topic. We had to think of a charity, decide where the headquarters would be and then how we would raise funds. Unfortunately for me, I had 3 girls (out of 12 people) who were so overconfident and loud I could hardly get a word in (and 2 out of these 3 girls rocked up 35min late!!), even though I felt like I had a lot to say! I knew by the end of the discussion I wouldn't get through because I didn't say enough.

1:25pm - Numbers called again. This time I got an "unsuccessful" note (as I expected). But I was still crushed :(

The girl I went with, got through though so from here I can only say what she told me (not as detailed - sorry!)

After round 2, she had a 40 min break (so the other groups could do round 2). She said about 20 people got through to round 3. Round 3 involved another group discussion, this time in groups of 8. They were to discuss a musical plot idea, then decide which actors would be in it, and who would produce the music. I think that was pretty full on! How is that going to help you be a flight attendant?! lol but whatever. She didn't get through to the next round, and she said after she left, there were only about 5 people left.

Im pretty sure the next step was an English test and a personality test. But Im just taking this from what I've heard, and I don't actually know. My friend also said she heard they only ended up taking one person! ONE PERSON out of 111! Not very good odds!

So, what will I do next time? I'll definitely come up with a different idea for the group discussion (even if I do like the others), rather than just agreeing with the group and developing the idea from there, so that I can put out an opinion and they can see how I interact more.

So where to now for the next 6 months?
I've applied for some other airlines (3 domestic, 2 international) so fingers crossed one of those at least asks for an interview!

Oxaliza_Oxen
12th Jan 2009, 11:34
Hi, thank you for leave this info. for us. By the way, how could we send those results to them. I know we could email to them but how we could get that into the format we could send via emai instead of post by mail.

I'm wondering about this because those medical result it's all cofidential so how we can get it into our computer or memory stick to send to EK? :ugh:

jzmn59
12th Jan 2009, 11:50
hmm from what i know you have to scan all your reports in and send them over via email... I am sure they will give you instructions on what to do right?
I am not sure myself coz i havent even gone that far yet...
maybe someone else can help?

Also I am still seeking an answer to my earlier question (a few posts up) can anybody help me?

Oxaliza_Oxen
12th Jan 2009, 11:58
Plz have a look at Airboy website. this is really good info. about almost every questions about EK. He even put the picture of the area that call red zone which not support to have a tattoo, but of course you can have it but not to be visible when you are wearing the uniform. A gal friend of mine she got a bid butterfly tattoo on her tummy area, but it's a real big one almost cover all her tummy area the centre of the tattoo is her belly button. And she has got it before she with EK. She was with another Airline with me in the middle east and she was fine with that airline as well. Yes they ask you to take the top off and only the bra on, you do it with the female doctor anyway.

jzmn59
12th Jan 2009, 12:06
Hey thanks for the info... and yeah Ive read Airboy haha he is really very good with all the info, very helpful in answering questions too!! :D

So when you take the top off, is it to check for tattoos or to do medical stuff like Xray etc? Will the doctor search your body for tattoos if you say you dont have?

Thanks!

jzmn59
12th Jan 2009, 12:25
LOL it's definitely not about who has the loudest mouth, in fact i dont think they want any domineering loud mouths at all!

It's about breaking through the tremendously hungry crowd of over 100 all vying for the same job and doing it by getting yourself noticed in a very positive way. How else are they gonna take note of you if you are not quick to make an impression (a good one of coz!)?

Don;t worry blondie_hostie.... practise makes perfect.. keep trying! :ok:

Vix85
12th Jan 2009, 12:33
Im not sure about the tattoo issue, I have heard of people that have commenced their training and been doing activities or whatever and the tattoo has been spotted and coz they didnt declare it at time of application they got sent home. Is it pretty visible where it is? pm me if u dont want to talk about it on here.

Oxaliza_Oxen
12th Jan 2009, 12:35
For EK, I don't know about take the top off for tattoo searching. I could said from the pervious experience was just only when you do Audiogram where they will put all the pad which attached with the wire to the mechine (sorry about how to show you the picture) so you need to take the top off. And another thing with that airling they do test for the breast cancer but not a full on check, they just try to see whether you got any lump in you breast regarding the insurance. Oh and also the blood vein around you leg as well coz we work at 35,000ft and if you start to have some now it will be more like to have more in the future so the medical will not cover for that, which it's a cosmetic medical thing so we can claim from the airline company. But if you didn't have it before you start to fly and then you get the vein thingee, you can claim it through the company but I'm not sure about EK. so about the tattoo, as I have seen with my gal friend, I don't think it should be any problem follow by Airboy website red zones things.:O

jzmn59
12th Jan 2009, 12:43
Hey thanks for your reply :)

So I guess they'll ask if you have tattoos but they won't search your body for it yeah?
Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks in advance!!

leanne240487
12th Jan 2009, 14:49
wooop I have received my e-ticket and visa now! I go on Friday from Manchester yaaaay!

Please can somebody advise me on my previous post, based on how far in advance would I need to book holidays, how likely is it that I will get them off? Are discounts just for immediate family? Is Manchester a layover?

Thankyouuuu

xxx

Hope2Fly
12th Jan 2009, 18:19
K so I called the Konexion agency...that I was to told to call if i'm attending an open house out of town..(for canadians only), and she told me that im to SHORT FOR EMIRATES!!! ummmm wtf I though 5"3 was good...and i even checked i can totally reach 212cm..with some help from tiptoes. So I checked my height, called her back and she did not believe me!!! she was pretty rude after, and was like well I have never met anyone thats 5'3 and can reach 212cm..

so now im discouraged....any canadians out there in this blog...what was ur height going into the interviews? am i really to short?

OH AND I was just on a emirates flight in October, my mom asked a FA to help put her carry-on in the upper compartment, and the FA said she can't help because she can't reach it either!!! WTF, HOW DID SHE GET THE JOB THAN?

sorry for ranting..but i need some input into this..! I dont know if i should bother spending the money on travel now and going to the OH!
:mad:

Lia Kohl
13th Jan 2009, 01:32
Hope2Fly

I don't know if it will help you a lot but I'm only 5'4 (165cm) and now I'm doingmy medicals to Join EK on Feb 13th. I did the interviews in Japan - needless to say that there were ppl shorter than me.

She was very rude with you and I think you should try, if this is really what you want to do :ok:

Oxaliza_Oxen
13th Jan 2009, 12:23
How are you? got the No email today!
I'm surprised because they sent me an email in the same time you sent me a message on FB. I'm online if you want to have a chat. I'm kinda relief now so I know where I'm heading too.

I'm surprised coz it's been 5 weeks and I got NO email.

I jst notice something, on the email I have received has no sender ID (no sender email address) and the address (mine) was incorrect!! so if anyone who got the idea about NO email would like to help me get the clear picture that would be great. Just seems to be odd, coz I checked back all those email I have received from EK it's all having a sender ID, I think it's weird, so anyone could share this to me, I would be appreicated. It's could be a spam!!

wish_2_fly
13th Jan 2009, 12:31
Guys your medicals are a nightmare. If you can find one of the aviation medical places that do everything thats the best. I dont have one anywhere near me so I had to go to my normal doctor and dentist.

Receptionists would book me in with the nurse and they wouldnt have the vaccines or an audiogram machine. Best thing to do would be to take all your paperwork to the doctors, speak to someone about everything....if they can do it and when!!

As for the tattoos I was sent a document which I had to sign and declare if I had any tattoos visable or not. I would definitely declare them even if you think they will not be a problem because if you lie....they will probably sack you on the spot.

During my medical I had to expose my back, my front and my legs and my feet. My Doctor doesnt need to comment on tattoos but you have to have this all done all over again in Dubai by Emirates nurses so they might comment. I think its best to be honest....if you dont think they are problem they probably wont be.

Yourfather - I dont understand why you are on this forum you have no interest in becoming cabin crew. I am incredibly proud of myself that I was offered this job and I dont think the recruitors were **** in anyway. They dont work for a seperate company....they work directly for Emirates and most use to be cabin crew themselves. I appreciate everyone has an opinion but you have never been to an open day so how would you know?

leanne240487 - Manchester usually is a layover...maybe 24 hours. Discounts are for immeadiate family only (these should be the people you entered into the website when you were offered the job). Beause you are not working 9-5 I think you can swop your flights tc to create days off or you can use your holiday. Reading the handbook they ask you to take 50% of your holiday between your third and sixth month of employment. I hope this helps,

x

leanne240487
13th Jan 2009, 14:15
Thankyou for your reply, hopefully I will be able to swap flights sometimes :) though obviously part of the amazing experience will be getting to fly all over the world, so I won't be wanting to travel back to Manchester all the time :)
Thanks again,
Leanne

flying away
13th Jan 2009, 16:12
hi all how are you well I've been waiting for their golden call for almost 4 weeks now :uhoh: I do not know what to think I am really upsettttttttttttt :ugh: if they do not want me so send me the NOOOOOOOOOOOOO i just wanna know yes or no what do you think guys

:{pray for meeeeeeeeee:{

Vix85
13th Jan 2009, 17:02
Oxaliza: That's a strange one, any email i've had from EK has always had an emirates based email address, do you know of anyone else has has the NO email to ask them if there's has an email address??

Wish 2 fly@: You seem to be having a time of it with your medical! Sounds like a right nightmare!

They called me on Monday to ask which airport I want to use as my Annual Leave Destination and then they said they will contact me within a few days to let me know the outcome... so I dunno what to think!!

sfjana
13th Jan 2009, 17:21
Oxaliza
I am here with my fingers crossed for you cause I want to believe that you got a spam.

Vix85
just relaxxxxxxxxx, why would they ask you that if they don't want you!? You are so in!!!! I'm really happy for you!!!!

Vix85
13th Jan 2009, 17:32
Hey girl! Have you heard anything yet???

Mari
13th Jan 2009, 19:10
Guys,

be aware the facts!

1. There is an economic crisis going on. It affects the aviation industry, Dubai and the Emirates Airline, as well.
2. There were a large number of crew hired recently. 90 crew came out from the college every week in the past 6 months due to the expansion of the Emirates fleet. The number of badges were reduced.
3. We received 4 A380s (one aircraft requires 144 crew) and 8 Boeing 777s in 2008. The other 380s are delayed (only 2 arrives in 2009) and I don't know about the Boeings.
4. Not many people resigns nowadays.

Emirates keep recruiting BUT I'm sure that much less people will be hired this year than before. Maybe only 1 or 2 from each Open Day. It can also happen that you might have to wait long for the positive answer AND/OR your date of joining is a couple months later.

Be patient and don't give it up!

EK crew

Oxaliza_Oxen
13th Jan 2009, 20:36
Hi anyone who has got the NO email..could you help me with this, apparenty I got the NO email without the sender ID to me and even put my address incorrectly and the format look a bit odd compare to those email I have had from EK in the past. So if anyone who got NO email could help me work it out that would be great. It looks like a spam!!:confused:

qwerty_asdf
14th Jan 2009, 03:02
I recieved email from [email protected] with no email
is this the email that they used in sending you NO email?
if yes, maybe this email ad is valid.

ArthurNielsen
14th Jan 2009, 03:16
^dear, that's a spam obviously. I think it will be helpful if someone can post the official email address where the NO email should come from. But if that will already divulge confidential information of the compayn, then at least someone would care to share the proper "ending" of the email (what must be written after the "@" symbol): *****@________.com

It kinda makes me wonder why some applicants receive spam emails that are seemingly related to their application with Emirates. I mean, how will those spammers even know that those applicants applied to Emirates in the first place (unless they've publicly posted their email addresses on some forum or something)?

To those who have been doing their medicals, are you guys required to do a Tuberculin test?

Lia Kohl
14th Jan 2009, 03:51
Well, not that they really suck, I think I should be more careful with my teeth. :}
I was yesterday at the dentist and I discovered a cavity in the very last tooth in the left-upper side. So I had to do the fillings and could not do the cleaning, so I have to go back on friday and do the cleaning and get the paper filled and signed by the dentist.
But my initial cost, which was 5,000 JPY got about 35,000! :ugh:
AND I got a terrible headache because he put too much filling and my mouth didn't close properly, but now it's ok.

Next tuesday, going to the doc!

Callmachine
14th Jan 2009, 09:48
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading these forums for a number of years but have been persuaded by deon85 who is a very good mate of mine to finally take the plunge and make my first post! I would like hear what others have heard regarding the six month waiting period as raised earlier by dy1ng_to_fly and Oxaliza_Oxen.

I attended the EK open day back in October at the Rydges Parramatta in Sydney. About 160 people turned up and we all handed in our CV's as seems to be normal. The recruiters on this particular day stated that those successful would receive a call by 5pm that afternoon to attend the assessment centre the following day and those that did not receive a call would be free to attend the next open day. Unfortunately I was not one of the lucky ones who received a call but I was determined to keep trying and decided I would definetly be attending the next open day.

This happened to be in December, this time at the Hilton in the city. This time I would say there were at least 300 people. The morning followed the same process as the previous but when it came time to start the collection of the CV's the recruiter stated that if you had handed in a CV within the last six months, that unfortunately they would not be able to collect it.

This obviously suprised me as it was in complete contradiction to what was explained at the previous event. After this was mentioned, a number of people including myself approached the recruiters and explained that they had attended the October open day and were advised if they did not receive a call to the assessment day, they would be free to attend the next scheduled open day. They advised that this was not correct. The others were turned away however, they allowed me to submit my CV as I showed the copy of the email invite I had received earlier that week. I had applied to attend this second open day about 2 weeks beforehand. Once again I did not receive a call to attend the assessment day.

Is some one able to confirm EK's policy? It makes sense that if you are invited to the assessment day and not successful you must wait six months as the recruiters had the opportunity to further observe and determine your suitaibility so i'm leaning towards the information provided by the first recruiters. The next open day for Sydney is scheduled for 7 February and would love to attend but If this is not the case, I would be happy to wait the required six months before re-attending. If someone could help me out I would be so grateful!:ok:

David

flying away
14th Jan 2009, 11:39
hi all i am new in the forum and i am very happy to be here with you and share the same experience I'v been waiting for 4 weeks:confused: and like you said no news , good news i really hope to get the call soon because I need to know what i will do and for those who are still waiting just keep your hopes ok and I will pray 4 you
dubai is a great place:ok: hope to meet you there soon

Oxaliza_Oxen
14th Jan 2009, 12:02
Hi everyone, pls be positive about the waiting period. I understand how you guys are feel. But for me, it's a big relief to know where I'm heading and to have something holding your (time) back, it is a stressful stuff. But if you who really want to fly and think this will be your career, it's worth to wait guys. And for those ppl who received the NO email, look..if you have the heart of working with the aviation area, there are planty of the opportunity out there for you. And also it always another assessment day with another airlines as well. Do not give up for what you dream for, and you will never know how it's like til you got in there. You might end up loving to fly and be away from your family and love one. Or you might end up hate the job so bad and want to come home after 6 months of flying. Take it easy and be nice to yourself for the time being. If I own the airline will take you all, your guys are so good and real supportive. I would love to be a passenger to have a safe flight and don't forget to bring a good champange from first class for me. ha ha All the best for everyone. And see you on board when I go to Paris in about 6-7 months so I belive you who are joining now will start to fly Europe by that time, after first 6 months of India and intra Gulf. See ya xx

sarahbusta
14th Jan 2009, 13:29
i got my no email yesterday morning and i find it weird coz it was an unknown email and it looked like a spam to me. so i called emirates to confirm and asked about my status application, didnt mention abt the email...and then she checked and told me that they had just sent the letter, i should check my email. i was sad for awhile...kinda expecting it but of course life must go on and will try qatar airways this saturday. i cant believe they said no to u..u have the experience and everything. im sure things happens for a reason and better things will come our way for sure.

good luck to everyone who is waiting! x

Lia Kohl
14th Jan 2009, 13:45
Oxaliza
Are you sure you didn't get a spam? It seems weird as it hasn't a sender ID and your address is wrong... did you cheked it with EK?

Sarahbusta
Keep trying and don't give up, if this is what you really want too. I got a friend who failed this time in Osaka, but she got another really job as well, so maybe it was a good thing that she failed. Who knows what life reserves for you :ok:

madonnafan
14th Jan 2009, 14:01
Hi, I was at that interview too. I got knocked out when you did, after our biggest achievment in life and the charity group. what do you think you did wrong? i have been thinking about it so much. Were you in my group, with the drop in centre? there were very confident girls in our group. I was told not to be be too overpowering in the group discussions but it turned out those girls all got through.

sarahbusta
14th Jan 2009, 14:06
same here lia kohl...my email was weird because it was unknown and there was a msg 'pls dont open, it might be a virus' and i still opened it and it was the no email. its weird how come they are sending emails like this. my friend got a no email from them with this address [email protected]
thats why i called them after i got the email without mentioning i rcvd the email.

yea some things happens for a reason no matter how much we want it...im not giving up tho

all d best guys

Oxaliza_Oxen
14th Jan 2009, 14:12
Thanks to all for the real good support on this forum. :ok:

I'm sure God has a better plan for me and for everyone who could not make it this time. What we have learnt for this time??? The 2nd plan, right? Always. You have to focus on your goal but the 2nd plan won't hurt to think about. Yes, I do have a plan and I have a good fun of planning to do that. Of course, it will be with the airline.

I would like to give some idea to our friends who couldn't make it this time with EK, as I mentioned about another opportunity.. pls take sometimes to relax your mind a bit before heading off for another interview too quick. Because when you've just been through such a trumatic time of this process thingee, I bet not many ppl will be in the right shape to jump into the next round of interview. I said this coz I don't want you to miss the good chance again. Let's say like you are just out from the relationship, well...it's not a good feeling and if you jumped into another one too quick more likely you will end up in the same....** :mad:

Thank Lia kohl, I have a lovely email from one of us, she forward the same emai to me and ChinoA helped me confirm with that as well, so if it's a spam, EK will ring me soon or later. The main happiness thing atm is I feel relief now coz it's like I have came to the point of no worry, and nothing to worry.. and I love that feeling :p I give myself another 6 months to enjoy what I have atm then I will go for another interview with the other airline, and if I couldn't make it..yes.. another 6 more months with EK, why not? It won't hurt for sure. I like a to have a goal to myself. So will see you again pretty soon on this forum in 6 months time. I will be here. Lovely to meet all you guys, pls take good care of yourself and all the best. xxoooxxxOOOXXo

flying away
15th Jan 2009, 10:07
hi all i need your help so please please answer me
here's the story
i 'v been waiting for 4 weeks now and yesterday i forgot my cell phon and when i come back i found this num as a missed call +97147081838 ok than i decide to call them today so i called them this morning and the man who answer me said he does not know any thing i askd him why did you call me yesterday he did not know why :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: i fell really really upset because i think that they made a mistak when they called me yesterday and he told me to send an email to emirates cabin crew rec and ask them why did they call me I really do not know what kind of games is this i mean if you do not want me just tell me that
my qst is: is this a good sign or a badddddddddd one I need your help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee:{:{:{:{:{

joanofarc
15th Jan 2009, 12:40
im sad to hear the news:{:{:{ don't give up....maybe there will be an opportunity for u in the near future....you have a great deal of experience in the field and im sure u will go a long way!

sigh!!!:sad::sad::sad:

i can't help but be discouraged!!! they turned down ur application:\:\..they turned down even those apparently good people....how much more on me with no experience in the field of aviation ???!!!! tsk tsk!!!

Oxaliza_Oxen
15th Jan 2009, 13:38
Hi gal, plz plz not to be upset. As I have said, you should be yourself at the interview and you will be fine. I'm not upset about it, coz I know it's not a big deal and I can do it again when the time is right. I believe in God (pretty much so) and God knows what is right for me at this time and it's true to me. So plz don't think about youself in the negative way like that:=

Believe!! it's important. I can't tell you much about my personal thing even I want to share to you. But I can ensure to you that thing happen for a reason. And I am so happy I have made this far to the final and glad I didn't make it coz I have some commitment which need abou 6-7 months to complete my business as well. God knows this is better for me right now, if I got this job I would be happy too but will be some worried me about my business here. So that was the real relief. And yes I will give it to go in 6 months time with another airline and if I still couldn't make it, I will try again with EK after period of one year (penalty).

So plz be happy and feel blessed for me. Remember that thing happen for a reason and be positive Always!!! Keep on smiling (from you heart). Be yourself (happy to be not pretend to be) and you will make it. It's a good idea to do get some info about CC life as well in a different point of view. Because when you know lots of both sides, later on you will be able to feel where is your heart want you to be. I can be honest to you from my point of view The FA job is a good job but not a great job. I love travelling but I don't like boring life, I love to be a FA so I can enjoy and be happy while I'm working. I know it's not always a greener on each flight but that the fun part to me to deal with the problem and enjoy what I can acheived as well as see my team put the energy and brain storm together. Feeling good when I can do good thing especialy with my friends (I call my college as my friends). After the long flight and difficult PAX, the reward I like was all the good smile among the team, and the smile from my PAX.

The sacrifice side is you will be away from home and family, also the love one. You will be hardly catch up with your friend or your flatmate. You will have to change the way you sleep (try to sleep at anytime you got a chance). And if you are one of the person who like to have a self-improvement or career progression, sometime it takes quite number of years to get promote to be L3 or R2 (you will know soon or later when you become one of CC) coz not many ppl resign now. Yes, you will probably end up flying only around the middle east area for the first 6 months which depends on the batch you will be. urmmm..mm more detail to explain about this too. Well, it's about the timing when you are joining as well, sometimes the time you join in, the airline might be in the period of time to increase some paricular destination so they start to train ppl for that area which you will be surprise why some ppl who join in after you and they start they trainning for the aircraft that will use only go to Europe, or USA, Japan, Bangkok, etc. And you are stuck at the aircraf that go only Intra Gulf or India. But not all the airline will do that. It's a lot good thing as well it depends on how you want to take it.

So plz be yourself and when you love to do this. Thing will be sunshine for you from inside through your personality, you will have a good vibe and ppl around you they can feel that good vibe from you. Be happy and be positive always!!:ok:

Mari
15th Jan 2009, 15:36
Hi!

This number is Emirates Headquarters' number. Maybe that guy didn't know about you but someone wanted to reach you for sure. As far as I know, they only call the successful candidates. I think you're in. They will contact you somehow, don't worry!

dxb_ fido
15th Jan 2009, 22:13
Hi guys,

I just received an email from EK saying that I have to sign a form that I accept the uniform standards and regulations. it didn't have an attachment ( they must have missd attaching it ) so I wrote back asking for the form again.

Anyhow, does that mean that I'm a step closer ?:} or it's just a regular formality thing !!

Did you guys receive such a form ?

Good Luckkkk Everyoneeeeeee

Fido

Lia Kohl
16th Jan 2009, 04:35
Dxb Fido
As you are applying in DXB, procedures must be a bit different for those applying overseas. I had to sign this before the final interview and I had to sign again after I got the call from EK and they sent me the uniform regulations and other forms via email. Sorry, but I can't tell if you're a step closer :sad:

Galley Scally... have you ever heard of plan B? Ppl sometimes have them...

flying away
16th Jan 2009, 09:03
hi beautiful wannaaaabessssssssssss
thank you mari for your support you are an angel really thank you i hope i will hear from them a good news soon ( pray with me ) if you are in dubai than i hope to see you soon lol

wannaworkupthere
17th Jan 2009, 00:00
Hi everyone. I attended the Emirates Airlines open day in Brisbane at Aviation Australia on Saturday January tenth. Is anyone out there who may have also attended? I got a call on the afternoon of the open day at 2:00. I had left at 11:45 and there had been atleast 80 people to speak to my interviewer after me. There had been around 180 people with two interviewers! How quickly did they speak to everyone and then call us back! I was ecstatic! The 2nd interview was the next day, group interview with people getting cut twice throughout the day. My advice to anyone who is yet to go to thier second interview, wich is mostly group discussions, smile alot, don't be overbearing, don't interrupt, but do participate and try to relax,wich can be hard, but I found the interviewers and everyone attending to be lovely! Approximately 30 of us were left and we got told we were in the final interviews and did the Psycometric testing and went home. I was lucky enough to get into the 3rd interview. I recommend to anyone attending an open day have two casual but appropriate photographs (no cigerettes, no drinks, no low tops or short skirts, no sunnies etc) and one photo of you standing straight in the businesswear. As a girl I had to have my hair up in that pic, with only small diamond or pearl studs, no watch, bracelet or necklace, only one conservative ring, SKIN COLOURED STOCKINGS, knee length skirt, blouse and a jacket in a contrasting colour, facing straight ahead, light background, smiling, no scarf, enclosed toe heels with no ankle strap, feet slightly apart, both hands visible, none of your head or feet cut off. I had a pic fitting those requirements but the interviewer said it would be better if my skirt had been sitting exactly on my knee instead of a couple of inches below it, as I'd tried to be conservative, but it needs to be conservative but your legs look longer if the skirt is on the knee rather than below it! I fit the height requirement and reached the 212cm arm reach on tip toes without heels, but I'm not tall. And so they are fussy about the pics, so try to be prepared! Plus 6 passport photos looking professional but smiling (6 of the same pic). Also have colour photo copies of your passport pages x2 and a photocopy of your highest education level. Such as Year 12, apprenticeship or degree. Plus a letter of employment or your last pay slip as proof of employment if you are currently employed. So have the photocopies of the passport if you have one, certificates, employment and all the photos ready, to make life easier. Hope that helps someone! So what I'd like to hear is when other people from my group get that golden phonecall or email, how long they had to wait. Also if anyone knows the exact list for the medical and dental so perhaps i could start getting organised. ( Im only being positive, I want this) So for now I'm just waiting for contact from Emirates HR guy, and hoping to get feedback from others. Also happy to help anyone else who is just about to start the interview process who might need some pointers or advice! GOODLUCK EVERYONE! SEE YOU IN DUBAI! XO

Oxaliza_Oxen
17th Jan 2009, 01:49
Lia kohl yes hun, I totally agree with you about Plan B and EK is one of my paln B not an A. I wish you good luck and all the best of your interests. If anything I can help you, plz let me know. I might be one or your PAX when I go to Paris he he ;)

wish_2_fly
17th Jan 2009, 13:04
Scoliosis is a problem if the curve is over 30% or if you have chronic or reoccurent back pain. Ive taken that straight out of the medical forms.

Hope this helps!

Donisha
17th Jan 2009, 16:49
Hi everyone,

I'm just here reading through all the forums preparing for Emirates cabin crew open day on the 7th of February in Trinidad and Tobago. I will be flying from Grenada to get there. I'm so scared and nervous. Anyone going?:}

clarebear
17th Jan 2009, 22:24
Hi WannaWork Up There

I attended the Brisbane Open Recruiting process for Emirates and also did the final interview. I am also staying positive while keeping my options so i wont be too crushed if i dont make it. I havent recieved "the call" yet but i think its way too soon. From what i have found out the medical will include things like chest xray, dental check up- so if you have any cavities go and get them filled lol. Many other general medical things as well. Applicants have been rejected by HR after nine days and still successful after 8 weeks, so it will be a long stomach churning wait. Id love to keep in contact with you. This is my private email:[email protected]. I hope we will soon be working in Dubai together. GOOD LUCK!!

Clarebear:ok:

wannaworkupthere
18th Jan 2009, 03:45
Great to hear from someone else from my group who is in the same boat! Yes the wait won't be fun and hopefully it pays off but ofcourse if for some reason it doesn't go our way, we will be fine!I had a look on here and it seems alot of people waited 2-4 weeks. My mate has a friend who works for Emirates and he found out in 5 weeks. A girl came into my work a week before our open day, she had gotten through the last open day. She found out she had the job in 3 weeks. Lets hope it's on the shorter end for us! What did you mean that HR has rejected people after 9 days and then they got in after 8 weeks?Is your name Clare? I met so many lovely people and mostly only remember the faces, but Clare rings a bell, maybe I spoke to you? My name is Rachelle I have dark blonde hair and am average hieght? best of luck to you in achieving your dreams and maybe we can do dinner in Dubai? Inshallah! xo

clarebear
18th Jan 2009, 06:05
It was great to find someone else who had been through the interview process for me too! I probably do remember you but i also mostly remember faces. Yes my name is Clare, i was in group 4. I had to laugh when you said you were blonde because a lot of people were, i am too. I am actually quite tall, 24, and if it helps the only one their who was married :eek:. Anyway it will be good to hear from Emirates HR. What i meant in my last post was that by going through forums and speaking to some people i discovered that people have been rejected after nine days but people in the same group have been accepted after nine weeks. Its a bit strange. You have probably got it right though, perhaps around 3-4 weeks. If you need to laugh i heard from a friend whos sister works for Emirates that once someone booked out the entirety of first class for an eagle, thats right an eagle in a cage.
Stay positive one day soom we will have dinner in Dubai together.
;)
الثاني فيترك له حفل عشاء
lets have dinner

wannaworkupthere
18th Jan 2009, 07:54
Yes I did need a laugh and thats hilarious re the eagle. Some people have too much money! That would have been an easy trip for the first class cabin crew on that flight! Yes I remember you, you said it'd be rediculous if they discounted anyone on the basis of being married. I agree. I wonder if anyone else reading this forum has any info re married people working for Emirates? It shouldn't matter because each person and situation is unique. I have a friend who works for Emirates and he kept sending me emails saying "I strongly urge you to tell a white lie and say youv'e lived and travelled overseas alot or you'll get cut, sorry babe" I told him that i could not lie, and that it sais on the Emirates careers website not to lie or you'll get caught out. He just sent me another email repeating what he'd said! But I never once got asked about travel and never heard anyone else get asked either. But I read something on this chat forum saying that one person on another day got asked about how much travel they had done, so all I can say for people about to go to Emirates Interviews, is I guess what they are looking for could depend on the day, the interviewer and even the country you are from!Take care and stay positive xo

deon85
18th Jan 2009, 07:56
good to see other aussies here too...
I attended the sydney open day last oct and moving to dubai in 12 days...! I waited just over 4 weeks to receive my "golden call"

Wish both of you all the best with the whole process.. Its hard work getting all the medicals etc done..Im sure both of you will be fine.

I was one of 2 guys at the final interview.. Found it quite funny when you both mentioned blonde girl.. Had someone ask me if I remembered them, but had no idea who they were! Guess it was easier for them as there were only 2 guys left :hmm:

Keep us updated with the whole process!

Deon

Oxaliza_Oxen
18th Jan 2009, 11:04
Hi deon85, I couldn't make it this time but I hope next time I will come and join you. Good luck and all the best in your dream. Yes, I'm still here in OZ. ha ha:}

clarebear
18th Jan 2009, 11:36
Hello again Rachelle

About travel, i was asked if i have travelled or worked overseas. Fortunately i have been to Bali, Turkey, Greece, France, and Italy. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not...i guess ill find out.:confused:

What sort of things were you asked?

Fingers crossed for you
clare

Kolarevich
18th Jan 2009, 15:33
Hi there.

I am emirates hope, i managed till last selections and then i failed.:O

Now i am on final interview for local Croatia airlines company but Emirates always in my heart and will keep on trying.

My question to all of you who are flying already, working, going to work, quited their emirates dream, planning to, working in any other airlines first then in emirates and so on... my question is:

If i get in Croatia airlines and start work, will that effect as bad influence on my trying and get in Emirates?

Will that low my chances to get hired and to pass on interviews?

If they ask me did i had experience in airlines later and i say yes will that be end of Emirates dream for me? :hmm:

Pleace advice me what do you think and what will be best to do.

Thank you for you answers....

Greetings.:)

Kolarevich
18th Jan 2009, 15:39
Hi Clarebear. Traveling is good thing, they want to know is it heavy for you to travel and be far away from your home cause they don't want to hire you and that you quit after two weeks cause you are missing your home.
For many people can be very heavy to apart from their country for longer time. I heard about that on interviews while i was talking with people and recruiters but also it is logic thing to understand. :)
good luck

wanttoflyhigh
19th Jan 2009, 00:26
Hi guys,

Let me start by saying this forum is fantastic, damn, the support is great, and its very helpful to hear all of your experiences.

So like everyone else I have a question;

I am a guy applying for EK, and was invited for an open day - in the email it says suit and tie - would it be ok to wear black smart jeans with a shirt, tie and blazer? Or are they very strict on this?

Ur help is much appreciated!

xx

wannaworkupthere
19th Jan 2009, 00:39
Yes they are strict I would recommend wearing the suit or the blazer with dress pants atleast! Alot of people buy stuff to wear to the interviews. It doesn't have to be expensive, just neat, respectable and stylish. They are fussy they said girls must wear a knee length skirt and skin coloured stockings, though one of thier uniforms for girl is pants, I've seen it. Some girls came with no stockings and it didn't look polished or professional. It is superficial but it is how it is! It even said somewhere on the Emirates site that you must have a clear complexion. For guys I'd recommend not spiking your hair too much or have it too long or shaggy- conservative is key! Best of luck to you!

GALLEY_SCALLY
19th Jan 2009, 00:51
To your message... Wear a suit, Blazer, Shirt, Tie and Trousers ...

Jeans are a no go no matter how smart...

wannaworkupthere
19th Jan 2009, 00:54
Well maybe I was lucky I hadn't been asked about travel? Obviously I wouldn't have lied as my silly friend suggested, and I had decided if I was asked that I'd say that I only travelled overseas as a child to London, Paris and Singapore, and I still remember many small details of the experience. And that for many years I was focused on my apprenticeship in hairdressing, but have travelled some of Australia on my own. And that leaving my family and friends is not a problem for me as I've been living completely alone for over 3 years and am very independent and feel I'm completely ready for an experience like this. I am very culturally aware also.But what I did get asked, was why I'd like to work for Emirates, so i said that I've done my hairdessing apprenticeship and worked in the field and that I want to travel now and begin a career where I have the opportunity to work my way up with a great company. Plus I mentioned my living alone, being mature and independent etc...On the third interview got asked to show examples of when a co-worker was incompetent, when a customer complained, when there was an issue between a co-worker and myself. I didn't like talking about the negative side of things, but think I handled it well. Also got asked if I'd ever had a good idea at work that everyone implemented, and what was the nicest thing I'd ever done for anyone at work, so that was better!I believe I did the best I could at the time, and I hope that were impressed and I had what they wanted! Fingers crossed for us...

wannaworkupthere
19th Jan 2009, 01:09
No you do not ever give up your dream. Each individual situation is unique, so don't let anyone discourage you. Keep applying and keep working towards your goal until you get to where you want to be. It's just a learning experience and that can never be a bad thing! Best of luck to you, stay positive, you can do it!

Kolarevich
19th Jan 2009, 04:23
Thank you. Of course i don't give up just like that and i also think that can be just good experience for working in emirates too.
One more thing, i just found out from a friend that working up there now, that i should go again on their open day without waiting for 6 months, it's passed 2 months and i think i should go too, cause she said that no one is waiting for that long, just not to say when they ask you have you been on interviews.
What do you think?

wannaworkupthere
19th Jan 2009, 06:51
Hmm that's a tough one! If you went to the open day and didn't get through to the second day, you are allowed to go to the next open day any way. If you went to the second interview, that's when you are supposed to wait 6 months. I'm pretty sure they asked people if they had been past the first stage within the last 6 months and everyone was told if they were not honest about it they will find it on the records later anyway, and then your six months waiting will start over again! Maybe they just say that, but you wouldn't want to get caught out would you? All I could think is that you could write to Recruitment with a letter that expresses your absolute desire to do anything you can to work for the company and you may be allowed to have another chance by attending the next open day. You'd be showing initiative!Also if English is your second language you will be asked to do a written english test on the second interview day so be prepared for that too. I am sure with the heartfelt desire you appear to have, you will be very successful in whatever you do! xo

Kolarevich
19th Jan 2009, 21:48
Thanks man and everyone. In what stage are you now wannawork?
Btw, i do music too, and wanna try professional with it besides stewarding, so if you want or anyone else, feel free to check my music and tell me what you think, on myspace Alessandro Ambrosio on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads (http://www.myspace.com/alessandroambrosiodj)
See ya!

wanttoflyhigh
20th Jan 2009, 00:13
Thank you very much for your informative answer, pheeew, sounds like they are pretty picky!! ;)

judithwadman
20th Jan 2009, 05:58
My date of joining is 20 February. I sent off all my medical info on 20th December and still haven't had the final OK to resign. I checked a couple of weeks ago and they said to wait for their email and was I still OK to start on the 20th. Is is normal to have to wait so long - does anyone else joing on 20th Feb already have the final OK yet?? Thanks.

kenyan85
20th Jan 2009, 06:40
Hi guys, I tried out last November and made it thru to the Final Interview. I didn't make it though as I received the rejection email. There's an Open day this Saturday in Nairobi. Even though I was asked to apply after one year, I'm thinking of attending the open day. Can I do this or will I be uneligible due to the fact that they said to try after one year? Thanks in advance for all comments x

flyoneday
20th Jan 2009, 07:03
hope you are well. the nairobi interview ain't open day, its global assessment day in which you got to have an invitation. i have a friend who already has an invite. have you tried etihad?

~
flyoneday :ok:

legolasbunda
20th Jan 2009, 07:36
i was just reading information on the emirates day. I am just wanting to ask are they very strict on height as i am only a few cms short but would love to go for them.

blonde_hostie
20th Jan 2009, 08:02
There is a reach limit, you need to be able to reach up to 212cm without shoes on.
They are strict on this

flying away
20th Jan 2009, 08:13
مرحبا (marhaba)hello well I hope that you are fine and happy

still waiting for the golden call or the NO e-mail almoust 5 weeks now oh my god I will lose my mind
انشالله (inchalah) I will hear somethnig good

kenyan85
20th Jan 2009, 08:33
Thanks for the reply! I don't think I'll go, then, as it'll be a waste of time. Yes I tried Etihad but they're not holding assessment days in Kenya yet, someone told me they are very reluctant to give Kenyans visas. This certain someone happens to be a very reliable source. I'm now thinking of trying out our National Carrier , KQ. Thanks again, all the best, Happy Obama day!

flyoneday
20th Jan 2009, 11:37
a friend of mine who works in Etihad also may have told me the same thing.....about giving visas to Kenyans...oops! hope they lift that "ban" soon! am actually with KQ,dont know if they are currently recruiting but you can apply online as they no longer accept paper applications.

all the best and do keep us posted.

~
flyoneday :ok:

Sheenab1983
20th Jan 2009, 15:47
SFJana, i think we spoke at the Galway Interview, my name is Sheena. Im still waiting too :( Have you had word yet?

Vix85, not sure if we met at the interview, are you still waiting too?

They e mailed me just before christmas to tell me that my file wasn't complete and that they hadn't received all my photos, i replied with photos but they bounced back so had to try again sometime in January...

I have e mailed them twice but have never had a reply. :sad::{

sfjana
20th Jan 2009, 17:33
No way!! Seriously, I thought that you were already training there or something and here we are all waiting. :sad:
I don't think you need to worry about your file because they would make contact if there was something wrong with them. About the email they don't answer it, I already tried as well. So I called to confirm if they got everything. They said that was all sorted.

This hole thing is killing me :mad: but I still believe that we have good chances. They will probably call us all at the same day. Fingers crossed!!!!:}

sb1004
20th Jan 2009, 23:38
Just a question about hair... I have a short bob hairstyle which I can't for obvious reasons tie up cos it's too short, is this ok for an emirates open day or do they specifically want hair tied up because it's part of protocol?

Cheers guys :)

EX_EK25
21st Jan 2009, 00:12
:)Hi. Wheres the EK open day?? Don't think you should have any issues with the Bob. I remember seeing EK CC with Bob hair styles.

sb1004
21st Jan 2009, 00:35
Cool, thanks. I live in Melb now so am planning on attending the one there at the end of feb but i'm from NZ originally :)

EX_EK25
21st Jan 2009, 00:53
I'm sure you would have read quite a bit of helpful hints on here. You should do fine :ok:

IMJ
21st Jan 2009, 03:57
Guys,

this is the 2nd time I am going to Final Interview, however, both times not successful.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong!!!???
Can anyone tell me, at least I could improve in a way........

I am soo upset.
But to those who s still waiting for the call, good luck!!!!!!!!!!

deon85
21st Jan 2009, 05:33
judithwadman

it took them just over a week to get back to me, however it was crunch time to get that 4 week resignation period in on time.. Maybe email them and just confirm they received it all & that it has been completed to their expectations.

It is still a while to go for your DOJ, so try and not let the wait get to you! I know it can be quite hard...

9days to go!!

d

sonamdekey
21st Jan 2009, 06:25
hey any one going for the bangkok open day on the 1st of feb??? m going too...plz let me know also...thanks u can mail me at [email protected].

wannaworkupthere
21st Jan 2009, 07:38
I had my final interview January 12th, waiting for my reply! Waiting is so hard...

wannaworkupthere
21st Jan 2009, 07:46
Ps is it on facebook too thats easier for me?

skyla
21st Jan 2009, 16:05
Hi to all, first of all I would like to thank and show my appreciation to all those who post questions and also the ones who provide feedback .... it's really helpful for all those who aspire becoming CC for Emirates. I have just been through my 3rd application process with Emirates. I have made it to the finals on my second time but got the rejection e-mail. I have tried my luck again a few days ago since joining Emirates has been my dream for over 10 years. This time round I have made it again to the final interview and like many of you awaiting the golden call. Who knows maybe I'll be able to confirm the saying 3rd time lucky :) I would like to wish the very best of luck to all those who like me are waiting for a positive reply. Also for those of you who have been unsuccessful do not give up and discourage yourself, I know through my personal experiance it can be very disappointing and upsetting however you can keep trying so just be a little positive and look forward to your next application.

leaviateur
21st Jan 2009, 16:58
Hello people. I've reading this forum for a long time now, and finally I decided to register. I'm from Argentina, 22 yo, and wanting to be a CC.

I've already applied for Emirates CC and I'm waiting. I will tell you the selection process over here. First I applied through an Argentinean job search web site. Emirates do the process here altogether with a local CC recruitment agency called Topfly. One day after I sent my application, they asked my to send them my up.to.date resume and 2 pictures, one full length and one close-up (Stage 1) dressed in formal clothes. I succeed and passed to stage 2, they send me a really simple english test that I had to stay TRUE OR FALSE, Multiple-choice, etc and also send me the Emirates Guidelines, salary, about UAE, and so. I am supposed to wait up to 10 days after I send the English test to receive the confirmation, (I sent it on Wends 13) it's the 7th day already, and haven't received any mail from them yet. If I succeed on the english test, then I can go to the Assesment Day, so I'm hoping I pass it, and I'm pretty sure that I did, but I 'm concern about why i didn't have any news yet...

I wanna ask you. Do you think I should call them to see what's going on? Or wait until at least the 9th day? I'm dying to know, I really want this joooob!

Leito
22nd Jan 2009, 00:05
There must be a reason to wait 10 days, just be patient, if I were you I'll call them after the second week, that way you can simply ask, but by you calling them will delay their process. Remember that you are not the only one on their files and they have a difficult task in their hands.

Have a 5 min brake, have a Kit Kat and chill out !!! :ok:

PS: send me a PM as I'm also Argentinian, work in EK and I know Favio :}

leaviateur
22nd Jan 2009, 02:33
Nice to know there's a Gaucho in here! Leito, you were right! today at 1900 Favio called me to let me know that I've gone through the Stage 2 successfully, so I'm pretty excited right now. I'll be going to the Assesment Day on Feb. 22nd. So, wish me luck!

Are there more argentineans here?

Skywards
22nd Jan 2009, 04:43
Hi guys,

I have been searching for a forum like this for sooooo long, I'm so glad to finally have found one! I have had so many questions and noone to answer them, but you guys have covered everything on here!

I went to the Sydney interviews on 6 Dec and got my call on Christmas Day-woohoo what a pressie! I have sent all my medicals back (which was such an ordeal), but its been about a week and a half and I still havent heard anything. My DOJ is 6 March, but I need to give a months notice at my work as well as do all of the annoying things like moving furniture, so I feel like its getting urgent!

I need to resign from my job soon, but don't want to annoy them with another email (I sent one after a week saying I need to give my work notice soon). I hate this waiting game they play! I just want to start packing already!

Good luck to everyone!

sweetlady1122002
22nd Jan 2009, 08:55
Is there anyone on here who has been invited to go to the Assessment day in the UK - Birmingham?

norbu_boi
22nd Jan 2009, 11:10
Hey guys,

I received an email yesterday from Emirates saying that my DOJ has changed from the 13th of Feb 2009 to 20th of Feb 2009 , another whole week of waiting ( its becomming my new job to wait and I'm out of patience in this period )
Has anyone of you received this email ?

Great forum by the way - first post here :)

oh and I got my final approval yesterday along with the DOJ change ...

Cheers
Xx

Lia Kohl
22nd Jan 2009, 13:57
leaviateur,

No porte๑os, but Brazilians indeed!

waitingforemirates
22nd Jan 2009, 15:00
Hi there!

My DOJ is oso 13 Feb :ok:

If they haven't reply, i suggest you call regarding your DOJ. As for final approvals, I emailed them saying that "i'm unemployed", that's why I'm unable to send them the "Resignation Acceptance Letter".
Although they did not reply to my email, at least i told them. And if I do not get my e-ticket and visa 4 days before my flight, I'll call them again.

Why change your DOJ? We can be batch mates! :}

kristen
22nd Jan 2009, 16:05
Hiya,

Is anyone attending the Preliminary Interview in Liverpool in Feb?

:)

Flying princess 116
22nd Jan 2009, 16:28
Hi, my DOJ is the 20th now also :) It was changed from the 13th to the 20th. I recieved an email yesterday. It also had my final approval so we are on our way to Dubai very soon hehe cant wait.

Good luck to the rest of you, will keep my fingers crossed.:ok:

wish_2_fly
22nd Jan 2009, 19:19
Dont change.....I feel this date is going to be incredibly lucky not unlucky.

Yes a lot of people I keep in touch with from the forum have had their DOJ changed. I think its just difficult to get everyone at the right time.

I think the only way to avoid it is just to get your medicals and everything as soon as. I think mine maybe put back because I forgot to send 1 of my reports.....Dont worry as long as we get final approval the job is ours!!

Yay!!!

Jen808
22nd Jan 2009, 19:25
If someone joined last interview on Nov
can u tell me how was that??

Flying princess 116
23rd Jan 2009, 08:54
My DOJ was the 13th Feb and mines got changed to the 20th Feb which i dont mind. Hope to see you all out there (waiting for emirates, wish_2_fly, mikesofly3000, lia kohl) let me know how you get on with trying to change :ok:
goodluck :p

Lia Kohl
23rd Jan 2009, 15:35
Can't scan the X-ray! Got it in film, so I just could find a place that can scan it for me in Kyoto, so I sent them my X-ray today and will get an email monday with the picture.

Why I can't do anything in Tokyo which was supposed to be capital (= main city, = where everything should be)? :} Interviews where in Osaka as well. And when I lived in around Kyoto, I never thought of doing such a thing. Duh

Anyhow, you guys think that my DOJ can be changed from 13th to 20th just because I am sending all my medicals Monday 26th?

Sherry30
23rd Jan 2009, 18:05
I know it was a while back, but please could you tell me if you went to the open day or assessment day in London? Do you know if they have the same process for both days? I do not know if I should go to the open day in Birmingham (end Jan) or the assessment day in London (beg. Feb) or both ??!!

Many thanks in advance :)

Sherry30
23rd Jan 2009, 19:40
Did you take your CV and passport pics?

Skywards
23rd Jan 2009, 20:10
Lia Kohl, I don't think you need to scan in your Xray films and send it to them-it's just the report they are after. The radiologist should have given you a report with the films and thats what you email to them. You take the films across with you and hand them over in person when you get to Dubai...

Dubai Bound
23rd Jan 2009, 22:29
Alright so don't let this scare anyone but i just finished all of my medicals except for getting the vaccinations and I spend $8000 on my dentals. The reason is because i needed alot done to be able to pass the meds for my teeth. My teeth were not as healthy as I thought but after some time and work and lots of $ they are now pretty perfect. I will be sending my meds to dubai on monday.

ANYONE HAVE A DOJ OF MARCH 6TH?
That is mine and I can't seem to find anyone else that is Joining at the same time.
I am not worried about it but i would love to know if anyone else is gonna go the same time as me. Let me know and I will send you my email address so we can stay in contact before the big move!

MIKE
I would call about changing your DOJ since they told me to contact them ASAP if I needed to change mine. I'm not sure they will let you change to a week later because of friends but I could be wrong. When I got the golden call they told me the earliest I could go was March 6th so I think all the slots till then are definitely booked up unless someone else wants to switch to your DOJ. Not sure but you could always try I guess.

SHOTS
How much was it for the vaccination shots for everyone that has gotten them? I would love to know so I can see how much money I will have to spend for them. Thanks

Dubai Bound
23rd Jan 2009, 22:31
One more thing
You don't need to scan your xrays you just need to bring them with you when you arrive in Dubai and give them to Emirates in person.
I can't imagine that xrays would actually show up in any format if you tried scanning them anyway

Skywards
24th Jan 2009, 00:15
Hi Dubai Bound, my DOJ is March 6 too! I'm a bit worried though, because I need to give a months notice at my work and I'm still waiting to hear about my medicals....so if they don't give me enough notice I may have to change my DOJ which would be really annoying because I just want to get over there!

That dental amount is crazy! I prob spent a bit over $1000 AUD all up (on all the medicals)...the vaccinations were pretty cheap though, but we get a decent amount back from the government for them. I had to have most of them done (except maybe 2 or 3) and it cost me about $300, but then I got money back so it was probably more like $200 after the rebates.

Good luck with it, hope you don't have to spend too much more!

Lia Kohl
24th Jan 2009, 00:34
OMG, now I sent it and paid anyhow.... :ugh:

And yes, at least in Japan there are special scanners to scan x-ray:
—้–ุƒ}ƒCƒNƒ/ƒXƒLƒƒƒjƒ“ƒOƒT[ƒrƒX-–c‘ๅ‚ษ‚ำ‚*‚๊‚*‚ช‚้ŽํX‚ฬ๎•๑‚๐ƒf[ƒ^ƒx[ƒX‰ป‚ท‚้‚ฑ‚ฦ‚ษ‚ๆ‚ม‚ฤ—LŒ๘Šˆ—p (http://www.suzukimicro.co.jp/scanservice.htm)

Dubai Bound
Regarding the shots, I would spend about 130,000 JPY to take them all (except Yellow Feverm, which I got for FREE in Brazil), but I ended uip taking olny MMR and Chicken Pox, the rest I will do in Dubai (way to expensive to do here)

Lia Kohl
24th Jan 2009, 01:39
As long as I can, I will mantain it.
I will get my medicals result with my brother today or tomorrow and send to dubai ASAP