PDA

View Full Version : Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

straightin36
16th Feb 2007, 14:36
Just curious as to how Qatar Airways views self sponsored type ratings on the A320 or A330. Is it frowned upon or would it help. It seems to be the way of Europe these days.

Where i come from it wold put you in the NO! pile without question.

straightin36
20th Feb 2007, 01:43
Ok 300 views andno response. All i am wondering is whether it would help or if it is frowned upon?

serious flyer
2nd Aug 2007, 19:24
Rumour is that Qatar is not taking, at this time, non-rated pilots.
SF

slam dunk 4
16th Aug 2007, 20:55
hey snam,

are you allready invited for the selection process?

i am as well looking for some informations ....

any idea?

thx

Speedbird744
21st Aug 2007, 13:56
Has anyone experienced the Qatar Interview for second officer recruitment?
I would be most greatful if you can give me some pointers..

Ajax
21st Aug 2007, 15:57
I presume that your aspirations to be "speedbird 744" didn't quite work out for you then? :rolleyes:

pilota16
23rd Aug 2007, 19:03
I have attended the interview for S/O one year ago already and still didn't get any answer from QA,anyway!!!
the exam is easy,16questions all basic(QNH,IAS,Altimeter....ect),then other 16questions about personality and an interview talking about yourself,that's it!!!!!
Good luck

mickeydazzler
25th Aug 2007, 00:43
so funny ...ajax.......brilliant

FlyingSpanner
26th Aug 2007, 11:22
Boys,

I know I might have might have missed the boat but where and when was the advert for S/O?

Regards
Spanner :ok:

CliqClaq
27th Aug 2007, 13:14
Anyone else heard the latest that those that have been paid the 50,000 QAR one off furniture allowance have to pay it back because QA are reverting to the old system of 900 QAR PCM?

Mike Tuck
27th Aug 2007, 13:25
Taking it back in 2 installments I heard

Goat Liner
27th Aug 2007, 13:30
If that's the value they place on the bond I signed for that money... They shouldn't expect people to honour their bonds when they leave.

NoJoke
27th Aug 2007, 17:16
Can't figure out why some have received it and others not. I think they are worried we might scarper with the loot :}

Spirit1
27th Aug 2007, 19:38
Taking back the furniture allowance means that the bond signed is worth nothing.
What if you have used all the money:{
And what about the type rating bond?
Personally I will not take that serious anymore an leave when ever I fell for it.:ok:
But lets see. Thinks can not be worst than my September roster.:eek:

See u out there.

;)

CEO PITA
13th Feb 2008, 22:07
Only CS and CSD s will get salary increament this year !
Nothing for teh,pilots,dispetch,rostering,hr..... OOO !

loc22550
14th Feb 2008, 05:25
so now after you announced to all off us a few weeks ago that the CP told you about an increase of..28%..:ugh:..the question is ..Who is the liar: you or the CP....?:hmm:

Anyway (once again),the management has showed his total lack of consideration for crew..(Qatar has the highest inflation rate in the gulf(14%), and last but not least..the local currency has DRAMATICLY dropped v/s all major currencies (except the U$ dollar...)but who really cares here...,I´m not even talk about the meal allowance(paid in Qatari riyal) that should have been updated long time ago,to cope with this problem as well...!!

shneidertrophy
14th Feb 2008, 08:46
There must be some really un capable and non professional people in our management.

We are struggling to find enough crews to man all fleets.

Some people fly 100 hours, others only 40.

The standard of the whole airline has fallen dramatically. This can be seen on the number of incidents on the rise! We all know its only a matter of time…

The new CPT has been suckered into politics from the very first day he started. I am sure the man has some very good ideas and a knowledgeable background, but I am convinced he never saw these games coming! This can be seen in his latest ACN regarding refreshments in the sim centre.
Dear sir, this has been going on for at least a year! CAE made an original contract with QR to provide the crews doing training in their A330 sim with refreshments. Gradually other people started occupying the building, all feeding on the CAE supplies!
CAE warned QR on several occasions. Even the CEO was informed but he disapproved the installation of a proper kitchen. In the meanwhile all the managers in flight ops pretended nothing was wrong!
So now, after a year, CAE pulled the plug. GOOD ON THEM! Unfortunately everybody knows this story in detail, so by issuing a memo that all this happened suddenly and that QR was looking into it now, the new CP T was fooled into loosing a bit of his credibility. A shame really, but to be expected….

No salary increase….why should they? We got one last year so shut up! Who cares about inflation, exchange rates, lies about never coming provident funds, pay differences between fleets, etc…..

To end this ranting session, I am sure most of you have seen that disgraceful message regarding the contribution to Capt Renatos family. The manager who wrote this ( and we all know his name) should be dying of shame!
I am sure, when written properly, most of us would gladly help out his family with all our hart! But when I read a letter, telling me I have to contribute a minimum of 500QR, without any more explanation….well in short: FORGET IT!
I will find other ways to help his family if needed!
And I am not alone in this…just look at all the letters in the waste bin!

Maybe management should start thinking a little bit more in the future….maybe Capt Renatos case should be seen as proof to all of us that this company does not care about our life! Just make sure that you have covered yourself and your family in case something happens to you…because we all know, QR will not give a damn!

jumpseat_X
14th Feb 2008, 10:10
CEO PITA ...........How about all cabin crew F1/F2 ?:confused: We are looking for increasing of the salary that's CEO told us in the meeting on Januray ?

CEO PITA
14th Feb 2008, 21:18
If i tell 62 y old lady that she is HOT she will feel good and i make her feel good by telling lies !

Smirnoff N21
15th Feb 2008, 06:44
I am sure, when written properly, most of us would gladly help out his family with all our hart! But when I read a letter, telling me I have to contribute a minimum of 500QR, without any more explanation….well in short: FORGET IT!
This isn't about you my friend or about satisfying your ego, OK? I agree the notice isn't written in appealing manner, so what? I'm sorry to tell you but it's a bit childish the way you perceive the whole issue. If you're a family man put your ego aside and help the family, would you?
Thanks.

oryxbollocks
15th Feb 2008, 07:09
No, I'm sorry Vodka, but I agree with Schneider on this. For a start, a lot of pilots, new to the company who didn't even know Renato, would have contributed something. However they may not wish to contribute the 'minimum' amount. The wording was poor and will not help in collecting money for his family.

And wouldn't it be nice if the company matched the contributions of the pilots? Too much to expect, I guess.

GB

Smirnoff N21
15th Feb 2008, 09:33
New statement:
"The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper." Dear colleagues, good men must die, but death cannot kill their names thus in commemoration to our recently passed away fellow aviator Mr. Renato it's being decided to set up a complimentary fund to help out his family and to pay the tribute. Please feel free to contribute any amount you deem appropriate however to achieve a reasonable amount a contribution of 500 QR is highly appreciated. It's not only an act of financial support but rather a gesture of praise to the deceased and compassion on his loved once. The courage of life is often a less dramatic spectacle than the courage of the final moment; but it is no less a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy. RIP Renato.

By the way I believe QR has transfered 15000 US right away without being bureaucratic. I stand to be corrected.
Hope that appeal will make people change their mind. Thanks.

Don't take it personally take it on the rocks!!!:ok:

shneidertrophy
15th Feb 2008, 11:08
Smirnoff,

I think , reading your first post, that you understood me wrong. It has nothing to do with ego, au contraire!

All I wanted to point out here was the once more totally inappropriate behavior of the people pretending to be our managers!

A quickly drafted, badly written piece of paper, telling everybody to contribute a minimum of 500QR without ANY explanation where the money will go to, without any guarantee, is regarded highly inappropriate where I come from!
Remember…900 pilots X 500QR = A LOT OF MONEY to give to a secretary!

Most people who received this letter did not even know Renato, so a little bit more explanation would not have harmed anyone!

On the other hand, if they would have written a letter in the same style as you did here, many more people would feel willing to contribute, I am sure.

We all should contribute, that’s a fact! I will just do that because I have known the man personally!

That 15000US you are talking about….keep your feet on the ground please. Renato has worked here for over 9 years….this is just his legal gratuity they paid his family! Nice to see they did it without hassle but it is their legal right!

Once more…I just wanted to point out the attitude of certain managers towards the pilot community….

RIP Renato!

Smirnoff N21
15th Feb 2008, 12:01
No hard feelings Schneider whatsoever!!! We're all set then, I suppose!!!
It's QR's illness bad communication anyway regardless of the matter.
I do expect the management to come up with the info about the processing and how the it's been settled. It requires a wee bit of patience and some credit towards the management, I agree. A fraud is rather unlikely to happen. Glad you feel the same like me. Hope our contribution will mitigate the pain of his loved once in some way.

the letter
15th Feb 2008, 16:30
What's happened with CSD Emma (can't remember her surname but she was from Northern Europe. Denmark, or so.)? She worked with QR from 2000 to 2003! Sweet girl!

Bat600
15th Feb 2008, 20:04
Very nice! :E

loc22550
16th Feb 2008, 07:13
Fuel policy....:} what a joke...As a Captain I decide the fuel i want to take..not the dispatcher..what kind of help you get from those guys...!!!??
There are just there to handle you the paper..
For info without taking any extra i would have to divert already 2 or 3 times the last 2 weeks coming back to doha due to traffic , zigzag radar vector...and if You think anythink was mentioned in the flight plan..you are dreaming...BS statistic...
When you are in your 3rd or 4 night flight in a row with minimum rest during day time:ugh::ugh:, and you are tired, the last think i want to do is to divert when it's cavok at my destination..just because of this stupid fuel policy , made by people confortably seated in their office!!!
Then go ahead and try to explain your passenger why you divert and why all of them are gone miss their connection in doha...
And if you are lucky and have" VVIP" on board...you will be probably called during ...your days off...to come to the office to justify yourself and asking why you didn't take extra fuel.....:ugh:

cavelino rampante
16th Feb 2008, 07:29
As a Captain I decide how much much fuel goes on my aircraft nobody else. End of story.

Valdemort
16th Feb 2008, 08:47
Regarding salary := .... They have enough crew for the moment , so don't expect anything for this year even provident funds , unless a big exodus of pilots starts . There are a lot of opportunities out of ME .

Smirnoff N21
16th Feb 2008, 17:42
This country's plague and our pain is the soaring inflation.
Inflation can't be effectively fought only but rising the income at least not in Qatar since the market is pure monopoly. The moment expats have a pay rise everything shoots up, you name, it housing, utilities, grocery etc. Average costs of living is about 20000 QAR at the moment. It looks like a vicious circuit without a chance of a break through, doesn't it? It's an issue which has and eventually will be addressed on the statutory level. There's no other way but either to drop the peg to US $ or strengthen the QAR like Kuwait or China. Highly sensitive topic and can't nor won't it be done without approval from DC.
All other mediocre attempts like rising the depository pledge with CBQ to take the cash out of the market or limiting the rent hikes seemed to be in vain. Should the appreciation of QAR happen that's equates to a pay rise in a way. I bet that's what the management is places their bid on.

Nonetheless it'd be nice if the housing issue was addressed to start with.
Why isn't marital status taken into account? Why didn't senior people get the chance to bid for the company accommodation but have simply been offered left overs? How come a young f/o being bachelor gets a three bed room apartment and a senior FO with two kids gets a two bed room one?
Why do some captains stay in the apartments and some f/o in a villa?
Our welfare isn't taken care of whatsoever.
Provident fund wouldn't that be nice? How long was it now 3 years?

9.G
17th Feb 2008, 14:06
Welfare in QR is far fetched from it's meaning. Just doesn't exist. Housing is assigned on random basis seems to be very arbitrary. Apparently CEO decides now who gets what. Agree that people with family must have priority over those staying alone in Doha.

Haven't met anyone not being pissed off by the new fuel rules. It's ridiculous and makes no sense at all. Fuel decision is mine and that's how it's going to stay. Justification is always the same ATC weather etc.

Someone mentioned pay rise? Don't see it coming on the other hand don't see myself here much longer. We've been fooled with a pseudo pay rise last year why would CEO gives us anything this year?

Qatari515
17th Feb 2008, 14:48
Once more, the only thing they seem to be doing is playing games with us...

This whole fuel policy seems to be a joke, a far fetched cry from reality made up by a management wannabee who gets all his knowledge, literally, out the books!

The initial fuel saving programme was an exact copy of a fuel saving programme desugned 10 years ago by some major airlines. Since then a lot of it has been changed. Only at QR we will try the whole thing over again! Problem is that this guy proposes these things to the upper management people, and they all BLINDLY believe him!

God may know why! And on top of that, they pay millions of USD for these things as well!

The Packs off on GND thing to save fuel when at the gate....Now that really is a joke! You either switch bleed on or off. By switching one pack off and maintaining the same temp demand through the AC system, the only thing happening is that the other pack will work harder and demand more bleed air!
This was confirmed by the engineers as well.
And if you want to have proof, just have a look at the APU ECAM page and then switch the second pack on. The APU EGT will not change a single degree and will stabilise at the same temp as with one pack on....proving that the APU does not work any harder!

Now this new "begging for fuel policy" .....as a pilot/crew/captain one has to be stupid to follow this blindly! Ok, we could all go on a massive diversion exercise in the coming months just to feed data to the statistics!

But how would that feel professionally? Who will have to do the explaining when an aircraft declares a low fuel state in EWR next time? Right....the PIC of that airplane!
And still in aviation law it is clearly written that the captain carries the final responsibility in all decisions taken regarding his flight! ALL decisions!

QR is desperately trying to be a major player in the field, hereby implementing policies for which this outfit is not yet ready by far!
Maybe these hotshot managers should first try to solve some of the more imminent problems hanging above their heads ( crewing, training, general policies, flight safety etc) before they start fooling around snobbishly with these fancy new theories, with as a sole purpose trying to impress the GMFO and the CEO!

But nothing will change until.....cheese....holes....lining up....PROBLEM!

Its a five star MICKEY MOUSE airline and everybody involved in it knows this very well!

:ugh:

CEO PITA
17th Feb 2008, 16:19
So you want to say that 2 cpt one with a kids and one single should both pay accomodation 12 000 but single one will get for that apartment and married will get 4 bed. house ??? joking or what ?
I have 1 kid and i agree if i pay 12 k for 4 bed. house and my friend single capt is in apartment he should pay 8 like f/os do .

Smirnoff N21
17th Feb 2008, 17:37
Dear C.P.
you don't measure the company accommodation in terms of money as it's just an unavoidable expenditure. You never would even think in terms of money if the option wasn't there thus to say a villa is worth 12k and 3 br = 10000, 2 br =8000 is inconsistent. I think it's a real joke to allot a bachelor a villa regardless whether commander or not. It gets worse those single guys take a company villa and let the other couple of buddies move in refunding 3/4 of the housing allowance. QR doesn't distinct values of the company accommodation therefore social and marital status of the applicant as well as seniority must prevail. Take a chill pill dude there's lot more going on than you think.

CEO PITA
17th Feb 2008, 19:44
Why would i be jelues on someone who chouse to share and save money thats there choice and i shouldnt care but thing is that wh have to have same money or type of accomodation becouse if i have 3 kids and am capt am doing same job as single capt so why should he be treated as lower staff . Senority ?? There are a lot capt and f/o s with 4 dig s/n which has not been given villa or f/o s apartment and fo new jojners its a part of deal thats not good for this people becouse longer you stay in QR worse you are treated !
Single pilots dont cost airline for school and tickets and medical so that means that we should take 12 k and let them stay in same apartment with f/o s or mechanic ? Am against that . I have 1 kid and it was my decision i dont deserve more or less of any other capt in QR .
Etihad is simple : Villas for all pilots ! You want to share ? I dont care. But if i start counting o he is sharing and i have wife and kid so i will not save so much and i get jelues thats a different story. Thats means i would be an ash...l !

CEO PITA
17th Feb 2008, 19:51
Dont you think bachelors have girlfrends in QR ? So see 4 girlfrends 4 bedroom !
Or he might want to rent it out or share it with 4 other familly member .
Or maybe he need 2 rooms for all the money he is saving in QR becouse he is single and dont have to spend on wife and her inportant staff.
In Doha and QR there is a lot of single people if you dont make same conditions as other why would they stay when other airlines gives same conditions . Remember Qatar has money so you want to save on fuel and bechelors and water and paper ?? he he he
Any airline started to save money in extreme got crash !

Tintin
17th Feb 2008, 22:42
man, I can't follow you!!!!! what was your score?????

Johny Walker
18th Feb 2008, 06:05
Ceo Pita may I suggest you get involved in serious discussions once you use a razor instead of a towel otherwise you a perfect candidate for the upcoming meeting. CEO will love your none sense. :ugh:

CEO PITA
18th Feb 2008, 17:54
Forget it ! No meeting this year !!! What you want him to tell us ? No salary increament no provident fond no roster changes no better treatment.
No meeting this year !

NA
18th Feb 2008, 19:22
Coming back to the issue of Captain Renato, knowing the Man for many years, It's a disgrace what some of you are commenting regarding the proposed donation letter:

1-If you are too stingy to donate 500 Riyals for Renato family (the price of a dinner with your girlfriend in any Doha restaurant), fine it's your right, but don't try to cover it by making it a political stand against management, just say I'm stingy and I'm proud of it.

2- the 500 Riyals is the minimum in order not to breach the dignity of a very proud Man, it's a shame to see a pilot with a 50,000 QR+ salary coming with a 50 QR donation, this is not a supermarket my friends, have some dignity and bee proud to be a pilot.

3- In regards the letter wording, this is not a Soap Opera my friend, where they try to make you cry in order to keep you watching the tv, it's simple: a proud man and a colleague that has a family has died, only 47 years old, you stupid piece of sh..... you want more explanations in the letter to provoke you to donate ??? and you dare to make the letter wording the excuse not pay, how low you can be, I wonder.

old747man
18th Feb 2008, 19:45
Lets Not Try To Find Out, Who Wrote What And Why On The Memo,to Donate Some Money.
Atleast The Intention Was Good To Help The Family.
If You Feel Like Giving Some Riyals Good , Dont Feel Like Its Every Ones Personal Choice .
There Was A 300 Captain Dideir Cruremberg Who Passed Away At The Same Time As Renato Pls Pray That They Both Rest In Peace .
Lets Not Make Pprune Threads To Discuss Their Financial Status.

Qatari515
18th Feb 2008, 20:18
Whohow NA...

easy on the heavy stuff mate.

let people decide for themselves, not everybody has known renato.

not all pilots have a 50000+ salary!

in short...everybody should decide himself if they want to contribute, and how much!

And maybe we should do something for didier as well...

papyjo
19th Feb 2008, 08:37
tomuchwork you re my man:ok:

CEO PITA
19th Feb 2008, 13:43
Yea naw with new CEO s idea of reducing salary and new CT with his 5 y to upgrade better save money guys !

Qatari515
19th Feb 2008, 14:31
New CEO....

New ideas......

Salary decrease.....

5Y to upgrade.....

Man man man.....did I pass out that long??????

:confused:

Smirnoff N21
19th Feb 2008, 14:56
Get properly insured by the company wouldn't that be an ideal situation?
I guess after we sorted out all the others pending issues.......

Who can blame the guys for not being highly motivated or company minded since force is main drive.... We are in a highly sensitive environment here and many guys and sometimes wrong words can be detrimental. Let's just take the fuel issue it's not the idea of collaborative decision making process but the wording which set off the uneasiness. Apart from the legal situation, which is cristal clear "the commander takes the final decision" I'm inclined to believe that the intention behind the notice was to prompt the commercial awareness in regards to fuel costs.
Not all the possible measures have being actually introduced yet. There's much more we can do to save the fuel. Though without pilots willing to help the company NOT A CHANCE.

Force is never going to work gents only persuasion and motivation.

QTR 515 has nailed it pretty much.

loc22550
21st Feb 2008, 16:18
SchneiderTrophy...
You were talking about 15000 U$ as 9 years gratuity paid to the family of Renato....??? :\they must be a serious mistake in the calculation ...!!!!if we are talking about the same gratuity,as far as i known after 5 years of service , gratuity equals 4 weeks of your latest basic salary/year of service...
(qatari law).

shneidertrophy
22nd Feb 2008, 09:49
Loc 22550.

Do the math yourself and see…

Qatari labor law demands 75% of your last basic salary to be paid as gratuity, per year of seniority you have within the company. This adds up to 3 weeks basic salary per year of service.

Renato was on the old system of 4 weeks basic salary per year of service.. His salary basic at least was around 28000QR times 9 = 252000 qr = ……..(even more)

Off course whatever amount he owned the bank would be deducted from this, and he just bought another appartement back home...

:ok:

A330_300
24th Feb 2008, 08:37
BREAKINGGGGGGGGGG NEWSSSSSSSSSSS :D

ATLAST MR AAB IS ANNOUNCING A SALARY RISE OF 50% FOR PILOTS ON 30TH FEBRUARY. IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AND SIGNED.

GOVT HAS TAKEN A SERIOUS NOTE AND INSTRUCTED TO INCREASE SALARY DUE TO HIGH INFLATION.

BEST OF LUCK :ok:

Jo Banana
24th Feb 2008, 09:16
Oh Cooool!!!! When was this anounced?:ooh:

loc22550
24th Feb 2008, 11:19
Cool down jobanana... it seems that AAB(or 330-300) does not have the same calendar as us...if you have to wait till the 30th of february ... you better be patient...:\

Jo Banana
24th Feb 2008, 12:27
:{:{..thanks LOC

papyjo
24th Feb 2008, 20:44
LOC It was a joke!!!

Spirit1
25th Feb 2008, 02:54
I am sitting here long away from the dusty town of Doha.:)
Having a few question to the management of this lovely company.

First of all why did U lie to me and many other during the interview?
Why is three years now five years?
Howe come that non of the CP are talking the pilots case?
Why are U recruiting DEC on 330. Knowing that the he been flying B737 the last 15th years and has no flying experience outside India. And on top of that only have 3-5 years left in this business.:ugh:
Knowing that the inflation is crazy and that the riyal has hit the button. Why no pay rise?
Are U all just so afraid of the CEO that common sense is no issue:confused:

For me jumping ship is defiantly a possibility and I will not feel sorry.
Five star :mad:

loc22550
25th Feb 2008, 04:17
Papyjo..thanks for your remark...but even without your advice, i noticed it was a joke..:hmm:
Spirit well i think Q.A. is recruiting whatever they can recruit...(able to recruit..)..They probably have to recruit DEC 330(non rated) just to make think a little bit more attractive for those guys, otherwise they will never come to Q.A...

Look what happen with DEC777...i may be wrong but i think the expectation of Q.A was a little bit to high.. a lot of cpt(777 rated) turned down their application and decided to go somewhere else..(Jet Airways for example..)..
And so And so.....

P.S.: even Air Arabia wich is a low cost company has decided to offer a nice Bonus to their employees..:ok: At least they known how to motivate their crews..not like Q.A....

hairy plotter
25th Feb 2008, 07:55
Spirit1 in case you haven't noticed yet it's Indian run company. In case you haven't been to India it's weirdest country.
Qatari+Indian is perfect combination first one is willing to buy everything the latest are ready to sell. That's the way it works here.
No one gives a sh@t about the rest.
As for the management they are just puppets without any kind of decision power moreover to keep their seats they have to comply with any none poppycock coming from QR tower.
Put it in plain language you are the last one any of them is worried about.

chainsaw
25th Feb 2008, 08:35
Spirit 1

Are U all just so afraid of the CEO that common sense is no issue

Perhaps it would be a bit more accurate if you'd said that no common sense by the CEO (ie LACK OF) is making people afraid, and that's perhaps the issue? :E

CEO PITA
26th Feb 2008, 04:11
I was told today by member of royal familly that CEOs days are counted and he will be terminated as he terminated many pilots and crew and maybe even more ....
When he is out salary increase and orange juce and laban will be given to every pilot in dispetch before taking fuel so a pilot will have full stomack and take less fuel and airline will save a lot .

I had a dream that in late 2008 my capt aske to clean a cockpit windows and maintainance told us ok and call on Motorola : Akbar Akbar jaldi jaldi window cleaning on 330 at E9 . There he was small and skinny in blue with a wet tissue and wipe it really good.
I forgot the rest i think he fall down or so but i remember window was ok .

A330_300
26th Feb 2008, 05:32
"dream On"

loc22550
27th Feb 2008, 04:55
:\
Here we are ..a new LOW record for the U$ and so the Qatari riyal 1:ugh:v/S Euros..:ouch::
1 euro=1,5U$, But guess it´s not better v/s other currencies.....another consequence:this is just gone put the inflation higher and higher as well.....!!!

Really do you think our "5 stars" management will do something immediatly(salary wise), before it´s too late....???Even the meal allowance has not been adapted for this problem...Amazing!!!

Smirnoff N21
27th Feb 2008, 15:27
Even maestro Greenspan is crying out loud to the ME central banks drop the peg to US & that's something..............
Guess what's the response from ME- UNLIKELY TO HAPPEN SOON:ugh::ugh::ugh:
Right, let me see instead of doing it the way it's proven to be the most efficient one NO NO NO they will forbid the business to import from EU and push them to buy from China.
So guys prepare to drop the paints you'll get diarrhoea from fake Chinese beef. Flash it with lots of holy water. Let it burn till nothing to digest.
This is on statuary level what the hell to expect on company one?
We will let 2 bed once stay empty cause senior folks don't want it and pay housing allowances on top. No problems QR is proud to waste money.
How about QR gives us double housing allowance which it effectively pays so we can rent a little tiny villa in the west bay? The cash is gone anyway.
Wait a sec I'm wrong, some of you will say, we do packs off take offs and flap 3 landing nowadays thus we do save money.
NOT IF YOU FLY 25 NM WITH FLAPS 3 MY FRIEND.
Anyhow I rest my case as far as brainpower and efficiency concerns.

Please do park a little closer along the tech building so that everyone can fit in. I rephrase don't leave a gap of half size of your car please. Thanks.

Smirnoff N21
27th Feb 2008, 15:42
thought it might actually help
Por favor, faça parque um pouco mais ao longo da tecnologia edifício, para que todos possam caber Pol. I rephrase não deixar um vazio de metade tamanho do seu carro, por favor. Obrigado.

請勿公園有點緊密沿線高新技術建設,使每個人都能夠適應。我重組不留缺口的一半大小,你的車吧。謝謝。

Por favor, un poco más cerca del parque a lo largo de la tecnología de la construcción a fin de que todos puedan encajar pulg I reformular no dejar un vacío de la mitad de tamaño de su vehículo por favor. Gracias.

S’il vous plaît jusqu'au parc un peu plus long de la technologie de construction de sorte que chacun puisse fit in reformuler je ne laissez pas un vide de la moitié de la taille de votre voiture s’il vous plaît. Merci.

فافعل بارك قليلا اوثق طول تقنيه بناء بحيث ان كل فرد يمكنه ان يصلح فيها تعاد صياغه انا لا يت
ثغرة من نصف حجم سيارتك الرجاء. شكرا.

Please bear with google.

loc22550
27th Feb 2008, 16:47
...Smirnoff ..you forgot the chinese version....!:ouch:

NoJoke
27th Feb 2008, 17:05
Yinton diddle I poow

Cpt. off the hook
28th Feb 2008, 17:45
IAH flight has being announced recently something like QR proudly announces launch of IAH flight none stop longest flight ever to compete with SQ on the route to JFK. The flight is predicted to go for 17 hours. Out of curiosity how is that possible DT wise? I presume the layover will be 24 hrs like EK goog luck to 777 drivers. What a nightmare if you ask me, jeez:yuk::yuk::yuk:
They pretend 777 is gonna be a premiere league, makes me laugh.
Forget it boys take your lazy Qatari boys and their maids. :D:D:D

CEO PITA
28th Feb 2008, 19:59
WHO CARE ABOUT IAH FLIGHT ???
Salary is only thing am here for !

loc22550
29th Feb 2008, 07:51
It´s good to think about new flight and routes..but for that.. you need crew.. and if this company doesn´t think about doing something about salary problem(inflation,currencies..)..i doubt people will be willing to come here to work, plus the ones who are going to resign in the near future for the same problem..:uhoh:

Deutscher
29th Feb 2008, 13:20
I had to justify 500kgs of fuel the other night. The attitude of the dispatcher was one of "I make your fuel decision for you!!". Looks like I'll be grazing on the "greener grass" on the other side of the fence as well in the near future.

Cpt. off the hook
29th Feb 2008, 19:06
same same captain. Don't care what this kids wet behind the ears are trying to achieve. Fuel is mine and it stays so. Feel with the dispatchers. They've being brainwashed by this jerks believe they decide upon how much to uplift. Guys you fall short of even 100 kg divert let this kids bite the dust. :=

Spirit1
1st Mar 2008, 06:54
Doha 1st of march 2008
Dear mom

I know it was my choice to join the international workforce in this dusty dynasty.
People here think I am very rich and every month they want more and more of my money. :uhoh:
My manager says he doesn’t give a **** and he will not give me more money. I can just go home if I don’t like the bakery. However, before going home I have to pay back all the money he thinks I own him.:{
Please mom sends me some money otherwise; I will never get out of this jail.
Tell dad that I will pay him back when he is very old.

Son

CEO PITA
2nd Mar 2008, 00:14
Dad told you to take big loan and jumpship .

Qatari515
2nd Mar 2008, 18:37
Spirit1 ,

that must be one of the funiest posts I have seen here in a long time....

Unfortunately it is the harsh reality, the unconvenient truth of living and working for QR.

As a matter of fact, I might just use your letter as a template to send my folks....:ugh:

CEO PITA
7th Mar 2008, 03:36
New memo is out : management change . OOOPS

Its nice to see it but only change am waiting for is a memo which will say : CEO AAB was terminated early morning and sent with HYD flight to his hometown where police will hold him for the rest of his life .He will be given to listen QR entertaiment music 12 h a day .

Mr Salia Karayanake is arrested in Doha and will serve as F2 for 25 y in local jail.

There is change in OM part A : orange juce is approved ,dates ,laban,and pilot can approve cockpit jump seat for a cabin crew and cabin crew are alowed to enter cockpit like in any other normal airline.

More changes will be done in part A and new memo will be issued.

New CEO : A .J

salamalikum2
7th Mar 2008, 06:22
ooops today 1 euro=1.54 U$....:ugh::ugh:

loc22550
12th Mar 2008, 07:19
""breaking news:)""..or just "carrot and stick politic:(""

""QATAR MAY REVALUATE ITS CURRENCY OR END THE PEG TO THE U$ NEXT MONTH...EVERYTHING WILL BE CLEAR BY THE END OF THIS MONTH BECAUSE OUR FISCAL YEAR ENDS ON MARCH31,SO BY APRIL THE CENTRAL BANK WILL MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT...""

Qatari515
12th Mar 2008, 10:17
Re-evluate ....maybe!

De-peg....Never!

The love hate relationship between this region and uncle sam is too solid for that! Remember that in case of Qatar their whole defense system is provided by the Americans ( besides the small part of the French with 7 Mirages and some other things).

Besides that, somebody brought up the fact in one of the EK treads that those in power of countries like Qatar do not really care if there is inflation or not, they do not care about dollar-euro exchange rates as their assetts are all very well protected outside the country!

So they rather keep a good political relationship with the states iso stepping on their toes just to deal with inflation and purchasing powers of the labourers ( YES, YOU AND ME AS WELL)

Lets wait and see...

loc22550
13th Mar 2008, 07:36
Good guess Qatari515.....they were just playing with our b....:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Revaluate: NO!!!
Depeg with dollar : NO!!!
In the news todaÿ:

""Qatar has NO intention to revaluate its currenecy or Delink it with the U$ dollar central bank announced...countrary to some news printed yesterday in some press.......":ugh:
I´m a little "worried" about the future of Qatar Airways(and Qatar) if the management continue to deny this MAJOR problem...what do they think..that people are gone continue to stay or come here if situation continues to deteriorate like that....no way!
OOPS in the mean time Qatari riyal has plunged to a new low record following his fellow friend:the U$.....

Black Stain
13th Mar 2008, 21:10
Would anyone care to comment about the profitability of investment with the Doha Securities Exchange?

What percentage stock appreciation since the market opened to foreigners?
Have many foreign investors lost money?
Have many Qatari investors lost money?

Smirnoff N21
14th Mar 2008, 07:02
B.S. heard a lot of folks lost whole lot of cash.
Don't think it's over yet. There's lots of issues to consider but the main one is non-transparent rules. In other words the market is controlled by few cash loaded folks and brokers will keep your orders on hold simple cause you're a small fish. Long term wouldn't touch it either. You're better off trading on NYC emerging markets ETF's containing among the others ME companies.
Same fate will befall the property market as the prices are totally blown up by speculative money locals pulled out of DSM and pumped into Pearl of Qatar.

Don't take personally take it on the rocks!!!:ok:

A300Man
14th Mar 2008, 08:21
Quoting CEO PITA:

New memo is out : management change . OOOPS
Its nice to see it but only change am waiting for is a memo which will say : CEO AAB was terminated early morning and sent with HYD flight to his hometown where police will hold him for the rest of his life .He will be given to listen QR entertaiment music 12 h a day .
Mr Salia Karayanake is arrested in Doha and will serve as F2 for 25 y in local jail.
There is change in OM part A : orange juce is approved ,dates ,laban,and pilot can approve cockpit jump seat for a cabin crew and cabin crew are alowed to enter cockpit like in any other normal airline.
More changes will be done in part A and new memo will be issued.
New CEO : A .J

Unquote.

What are you smoking?

salamalikum2
15th Mar 2008, 09:14
oops...1 euro=1,57U$....."EVACUATE -EVACUATE- EVACUATE......":\

HurryUp&Retire
15th Mar 2008, 13:33
the dollar goes up and down. Its a cycle, eventually it will bounce back. hang in there

salamalikum2
15th Mar 2008, 16:15
Really....? Well V/S Euro there is no sign of cycle at all yet....
Indeed since the creation of Euro (2002), the dollar NEVER stops going down v/s euro for the last 7 years almost...Not really what i call a cycle.., unless it has a very very very long Period....:uhoh:
Since i joined Q.A. my salary has been devaluated by more than 40%!!!!
Slowly but surely if think continues to deteriorated like that,i´m really start thinking of going back home ....Enough is enough.

HurryUp&Retire
16th Mar 2008, 00:58
US is nearly in rescission, i would not expect the dollar to be doing well. Seems like Mr Bush F ed it up nicely for us. I would guess a year or so (but once again i am not economy expert)

Smirnoff N21
16th Mar 2008, 06:29
Read the other day on reuters a comment of S&P's.
Apparently the sub prime mortgage write downs are over and with the bailout of major financials in the wall street recovery should be somewhere next year. My bet goes to re-value of QAR. It's currently undervalued by about 30%.

loc22550
16th Mar 2008, 15:41
They are more Prompt and fast to increase the price of a barrel of oil(on a daily basis almost, in order to save their own interest to compensate the crash of the U$,make sure they don´t loose anything..).....than revaluate the QR or increase our salary to ease the pain of all the expats working for them!!
But is anybody really surprised by this kind of attitude...Welcome to Qatar..

9.G
16th Mar 2008, 18:03
US greenback is diving no end in sight. Oil is soaring one of main reasons is vast money flow into commodities as safe heaven from depreciating US $.
Todays paper says Qatar is losing immense amount of money due to fix rate.
Dear CEO let your fantasy fly otherwise your planes won't.

loc22550
17th Mar 2008, 03:25
indeed...i´m afraid the situation will not improve...some pilots are slowly but surely starting packing....simply because they can´t afford to stay here...!
Welcome to a 5 stars airlines!!

salamalikum2
19th Mar 2008, 09:29
One of my colleague told me he recieved from reliable source(:uhoh:) that Q.A. is gone increase the salary in April...:ouch:
Probably Q.A is soo desperated that they just continue to agitate carrots in front of the nose of the crews!(when i see my salary in a continious free fall+ inflation+......:{)

Valdemort
19th Mar 2008, 11:10
Yes someone from 1 investment CO told me that he has information about 15% for April .

Inshalah :ok:

loc22550
19th Mar 2008, 11:53
15%...?:\
The last 2 MONTHS ONLY my salary has been devaluated by 10%!!:ugh::ugh:
Don´t even dare to look further behind.....

Valdemort
19th Mar 2008, 12:47
C'est la vie

NLDS72
19th Mar 2008, 15:14
Hello,
I was in the process of interviewing the first week of March...anyone know when can I expect an answer?Does it take more than 2 weeks?
Tks

CEO PITA
20th Mar 2008, 12:57
You can expect all to look pink to you and big salary and low coast of living ,nice big airplanes and fast upgrade . BUT BE ALERT ITS AL LIES !
1) 8 y to upgrade as per actual
2)You can be terminated for drinking orange juce
3)mistreated by cabin crew with no respect abd back up by CEO
4)No salary increament + 15 % inflation rate
5)Memos like NOT ALOWED there is about 100 ot them
6}Did you saw Doha ?
110.etc

B-737
20th Mar 2008, 22:49
Can someone explain me please why orange juice is forbidden in qatar airways?That sounds really stupid!Explain pls!

loc22550
21st Mar 2008, 04:32
If it was the only stupid think here, Q.A would be a great airline.........!But...to be more precise as far as i knowm the famous "fresh" orange juice on board is dedicated to the first and/or business class passenger(the only think Q.A cares) and not for the crew(Q.A. doesn´t care at all)...But honestly i can live with this "orange juice rule" ...:hmm:
In my opinion,There is much more important issues here:salary devaluation,inflation,roster,..Doha..,if it continue like that(in a very short term) believe me people Won´t be able to live with it!(some people are already preparing to leave,because they can´t afford to stay here,Welcome To Doha!).

salamalikum2
12th Apr 2008, 09:32
B-737..."breaking news..": No salary increase:{..but it seems that now we have a special dedicated fresh orange juice bottle for cockpit crew on board....When i think that i was going to resign in the near future, this great news for sure will change my mind...:ouch::\

hansqr
14th Apr 2008, 22:30
:\Guyzzz,,,
its harsh for us.... minimum rest in layovers and no rest on osaka flight.
ive experienced it... almost 11 hours 30 min, we dont have the right to close our eyes..
if u do so, you are called to the office and may be TERMINATE..

CEO PITA
15th Apr 2008, 17:12
If you are QR cabin crew and KIX -DOH take 1259 min you can not sleep or have rest . If you do it and someone report you you will get TERMINATED by Salia Snake or AAB.
We saw it we know it !

salamalikum2
16th Apr 2008, 03:53
agree ..for the cabin crew.Thought it was for cockpit crew.
Off course.. everybody knowns that we have idiot spy amongst the c.c ready the report other colleagues to the office..Qatar airways CRM....!

Monysofy
16th Apr 2008, 05:25
I will appreciate with all do respect to everyone if you could give me the complete name and nationality of your fellow pilot that past away recently

I knew a Captain whose name is Renato and left Mexico for the Gulf many years ago.

Thanks for the info.

JungleJett
16th Apr 2008, 13:52
Not the same.....Our Late colleague was from Croatia.

BUSTRASH
16th Apr 2008, 14:49
Can anbody provide actual interview info. Ive been trying for weeks but cant get any info but standard, general, generic but no actual real info.

9.G
16th Apr 2008, 15:44
NO info for you bustrash. Now you know what to expect in QR! Does it ring the bell? Supposedly not! Come over and join "DON'T CARE" club.

CEO PITA
16th Apr 2008, 15:48
We dont know about intervew . But just to let you know few days a go on intervew almost everyone fail !
Just dont jojn QR its better to try EK or Emirates mate !

loc22550
17th Apr 2008, 04:31
or EY(Etihad),or Air Arabia,or Bahrain Air....:)

CEO PITA
17th Apr 2008, 05:24
48 F/O give there resignation letter in past 10 days . ( Etihad )
Meeting few days a go with CT,GMFO ,CP ts ( upgrade to capt. expected if you jojn naw you can expect left seat in 7-9 y )
No salary increament.
Latest command intervew 8/7 7 failed .
Is there any pilot on globe want to jojn QR after that ??
Congrets new management you really manage to get rid of F/Os .

loc22550
17th Apr 2008, 07:22
CEO, don't known if the figure you mention about the F/O resignation rate is as accurate as the salary increase you announced a few months back here(30%):uhoh:....If its correct 48F/O resignation/10days, it means almost 5/day...Sh...if it continues like that at the same rate,within 2 months there will be no F/O anymore in Qatar airways...!:ouch:

Anyway i think Upgrade "problem" is just the tip of the iceberg here, if you work in a good career airline(wich Q.A. is not)..and live in a nice place, you will be probably ready to wait 7 years or more for an upgrade, and it's probably worth it...:not here.

Smirnoff N21
17th Apr 2008, 07:23
Latest command intervew 8/7 7 failed Are you saying more people failed than attended? :hmm: Don't get your math man! Being told that candidates should learn the basics. :{

CEO PITA
17th Apr 2008, 16:51
Yea some fail in advance for next intervew in few days . There head is already choped !Enjoj it ~!
Y

otbd34
18th Apr 2008, 05:57
Is it true a lot of F/O's are leaving?. And if so where are these guy's going?. And how many have left?. To be honest, I have not seen a difference at tech.

otbd34
18th Apr 2008, 06:09
Good one. That reminds me I need to get my log book checked. Got about a years work to be checked.

Thanks

CEO PITA
20th Apr 2008, 09:20
Do youu really want to stay and wait 7 y to command ant then when time comes 4 instructors will aske you crazy things and fail you .
Instead you could go to Etihgad or any other ialrine and become captian in 2-3 y without hard time on intervew . Hey man only 1 cleared last one !

AiRBuS_380
14th May 2008, 07:37
Hi guys,

I am just wondering how long will the process of recruitment takes for Qatar Airways? I.E after the interview how long do most employees takes to actually start work?

Thanks! Cheers!

Homo Ludens
14th May 2008, 12:25
About 20 days to get the letter (presuming it is positive), then it is up to you, really.
If you can start immediately, it is gonna be a month or so. Then ground courses + type rating course = 3 months. Line training takes between 15 to 30 days.
Do the math yourself.
All this if no delays due to lack of training capability at that exact moment.
I've heard of training taking 2 and a half months and 6 and a half months.
As allways - just a matter of beeng at the right place at the wrong time, or vice-versa!

Good flying to all!

Arrowhead
21st May 2008, 07:46
Can anyone tell me the general mix of pilot nationalities?

BUSTRASH
21st May 2008, 08:08
I just did the interview and they said 88 countries.

salamalikum2
21st May 2008, 08:43
The main centers of gravity of pilots nationalities here have two poles: south America and Far east countries.

RnR
21st May 2008, 09:43
AN YOUR POINT IS????????? :yuk:

Grow up,

Off to.

RnR.

JungleJett
21st May 2008, 13:59
I thought it was a QR salary discussion here....
I've heard two different guys telling me that we might get something by July....Any truth to that or same donky and carrot tactic?
We being the donkies....
JJ

salamalikum2
22nd May 2008, 05:38
And the joke goes on...: "qatar may consider stop the peg with the U$ within 6 months....." according an article in the news today....:ugh::ugh:
Funny i saw the same kind of article 6 months ago!

Have been told as well about an increase in june..everything is good to try to stop the haemorrhage...Wait and see...what to do...

flycold
22nd May 2008, 06:38
As per advertisement QR salary is much better than EK and EY.
I know that salary itself is not everything and other conditions(eg. management, other packages and working environment etc) are more important.
But, What is the exact salary in QR at this moment.
Is there any differences between advertisement and reality.
Happy Landings!:ok:

salamalikum2
22nd May 2008, 07:34
QR salary better than EK or EY..........!!!???:ouch:
Don't forget to take everything into consideration( bonus,profit share, increase,pension plan,those thinks doesnt exist here in Q.A(only 3% increase on the basic/year:uhoh:....).
Last but not least:
Only when it comes to inflation,Qatar is number 1 in the gulf,..with 17% expected for 2008!!!!
Cheers.

flycold
22nd May 2008, 19:12
Thanks salamalikum2,
could you tell me about living cost in Doha?
Is it much more expensive than NYC, London ... Tokyo?
Thanks!:ok:

salamalikum2
23rd May 2008, 05:12
No Qatar is not (yet) as expensive as Tokyo or London...But if the inflation continues like that..
-Initial Cpt Salary...13...14000U$/month (ALL inclusive,house allowance as well)
-Initial F/O salary..10.000..U$/month(all inclusive)
You are paid in local Currency :qatari riyal, the only(major) problem here ..: Qatari riyal is peg to U$...!:ugh:

-Other Major issue here if your are considering a move here: Doha, make sure your family will "survive" here, indeed Some of our colleagues left or are going to leave because their families can't take this place anymore...
Cheers.

CEO PITA
23rd May 2008, 05:50
Apartment 3500 $
Car 1000 $
water /elec 150 $
food 1 person 400 $
Thats what you will spend every month +anything you need to send home or so !
Capt if you fly 75 h = is 13600 $ aprox - 40 % Euro/ $ difference is 8200 euro .
So 13600 $ - apartment 3500 -car 1000 -550 water/elec and food is 8550$ - 40 % to get euros is 5200 Euros . Thats what you are left with after all. Do you think its worth to leave youre home for 5200 Eu ?
And have hard time with ( no request ofr flights or off ) ,warning letters , land cruisers on road , ........... ! And litle small man at 9 f ?

vaschandi
23rd May 2008, 10:22
Not bad!!!
Capt 5000/month...60000/year...600000/10years...+3%payraise/year+end of joining benefit+ interest 3,5%...you agree?...1 Mio!

Qatari515
23rd May 2008, 10:29
Very smart.....

Woohoo.....somebody can count!

:mad:

CEO PITA
23rd May 2008, 11:28
Its bad man you get 3 % payrise but Inflation in Qatar is 14 % so ou lose 11 % a year . And + youre end of servise is usles becouse its in US $ and seams to me US $ will be worth 20 % of EU soon ! So all to all you lose in 10 y 110 % on inflation . account - /-

salamalikum2
23rd May 2008, 12:51
Vaschandi for you info..:
My actual salary(all inclusive) in....8500.. Euros(after conversion:today's exchange rate).
My Actual salary with the exchange rate like it was when i joined the company would have been: ..15000.. euros!!..And it not over...
No need to have a master degree in Mathematic to calculate the huge lost!

Flyjets
23rd May 2008, 13:17
Dont worry mate,
by 6 months (Nov.08) the Dollar/Euro exchange rate will be at a turnabout. An this is widely expexted.
After the USA Presidential elections the trend will change, and since now I am hoping they will not unpeg the Gulf area currencies with the Dollar otherwise if they do it then you will loose again ...

vaschandi
23rd May 2008, 17:41
Yes!
This is also my opinion!
Economie in Euroland is slowing down and ECB will lower the interest rates
in the second half of this year!
Exchange rates are fluctuating between 1,53 and 1,58 since april and we will see them at max 1,35 in november (4,93 Qr=1 Euro--today 5,78)
Sure, inflation in Qatar is alarming and we do need a payraise!
We will get it this year! AAB still loves to keep us in suspense but finally
he will pay!
Call me a dreamer, but go and see for yourself!

B-737
24th May 2008, 01:01
3500 $ housing for a single person??? Isn't that too much? Could you get something at 2000 $ for a single person?

CEO PITA
24th May 2008, 03:43
Yea you can but in industrial area or in some part of city which no one want to live . if you want anything 2 bedroom clean normal area its 3500$

B-737
24th May 2008, 04:49
In this case it's better to take company's accomodation. How much the housing allowing is for FO's?

JungleJett
24th May 2008, 05:56
10000 QR/Month.
You are better off taking company accomodation. There have been a great improvement on company housing in the past year.
Ain Khalid is 100 times better than Musheireb....where I was staying when I first joined. We used to call it Baghdad!!

B-737
24th May 2008, 06:24
But if you take the company's accomodation , how much they take from your FO salary?
You keep your 10 000 $ salary and get free accomodation?

Xaxa
24th May 2008, 06:31
Salary structure should be exlained on the QR web page. You won't get your accomodation allowance. So no $10000. :\

B-737
24th May 2008, 06:33
Ok so you get 36 100 QAR - 10 000 = 26 100 QAR

Xaxa
24th May 2008, 06:42
Well, it depends on your fleet, seniority, roster, luck... I guess around that starting on 320, a bit more on 330 and 777 with more flying and meal allowances for longer layovers. So yes...

CEO PITA
24th May 2008, 07:29
26100 = 4500 Eu he he he he

3 y to reach A330
6y for left seat

CEO PITA
24th May 2008, 07:40
Dont forget for guyz jojning A320 Fleet transfere is about 3 -3,5 y to A330
and A320 roster is like HELL on earth and its done by some unreliable eccentric person !
A320 fly at night and not to forget how to land aircraft he make them fly at same day night time and its goes for 20 days .
Yea a crazy roster guy can not cope with roster so aviation expert CP A320 decided to stop flight request and off days requests and send A320 odd memo how he feel guilty but he has to do it . YOOOO MAN
means : naw you will fly only India , Africa and if you know someone ooo Stocholm,VIE ..

flycold
24th May 2008, 08:07
Is there any chance for direct entry F/O for A330?
If so, what is the requirement?
Is there any consecutive off policy to visit home?
Thanks!:ok:

B-737
24th May 2008, 08:34
How many hours approx per month do you do on 320? And on 330 and 777?
Is the 320 roster so bad? How many consecutive days off , layover...

RnR
24th May 2008, 08:45
Yes they do recruit DEFO for A330 an B777.
just probably depends on your experience levels.

i do believe 330, 777 F/O's fly at least 75-80 hrs a month.
an the salary is way more than 26100 riyals,
from the one's i've spoken to at least.

off to,

RnR.

Valdemort
24th May 2008, 10:05
At least gasoline : 15 cents ( Euro ) :E :E :E

salamalikum2
24th May 2008, 10:27
Let's not forget that Q.A. only provides apartment For F/O ,no Villa....

To clarify for you guys:
F/O salary structure(figures are in QAR/month)(3.65 qatari riyal(QAR)=1U$)
New joining F/O:
-Basic:18.000
-housing:10.000 (not provided if you take company accomodation)
-utility:300
-Transport:1500
-Education :100% up to 50.000/family/annum
-flying allowance: 90/schedules block hour
-Days off compensation in doha(if they call you for duty): basic*1.5/30
-days off compensation outside doha : basic*0.5/30.
Annual increase 3%(only!) on the basic salary.\
-No Bonus-No profit share-No pension.
-End of service benefit: 3 weeks of you monthly basic/annum up to 5 years service, after 5 years it becomes 4 weeks of your basic..
Hope it helps..
Dont forget..inflation in doha :17% for 2008 expected+devaluation of the qatari riyal.

B-737
24th May 2008, 12:51
So how much can earn a 777 or 330 FO?

Homo Ludens
25th May 2008, 17:38
Up to 42-43 000 QAR, housing including.
That's almost 7500 EUR.

qatari001
25th May 2008, 20:55
B777 FOs get the best salary I think, as they get paid for the full block time in long haul flights like washington but they log only 75% (correct me if I m wrong) and actually have 50% rest every leg.

On A330, in some busy months you can make good money as well, up to 45 000/46 000 QR , specially if you get some paid days off.(almost 1000QR/per day for an FO). But off course you can always say NO to work on a day off.

On the other hand, A320 and A300 guys get as much duty as 330/777, if not more! but get paid less, due to long ground times on 320 for short sectors like dxb/bah/kwi...etc, and many deadheading flights on A300, which of course are no paid!

Happy Landings

747fanatic
26th May 2008, 08:25
Whats the Take home for a T7 Captain. Base + Flying Allowance?

P.Clostermann
26th May 2008, 19:25
Did any of you guys follow the "money is opiate for the people" thread at EK?????

We are talking abou 40000-55000QR salaries. Correct?

The boys at EK just got their May payslips....

39000 - 64000 USD!!!!!

Thats 4.3 times more than us!

OK, they received a profit share in this salary. Fair enough!

But it makes me wonder what the F#+# I am doing here!

AAB...wake up! You are so FAR behind EK its impossible to catch up!

:ugh::mad::ugh:

CEO PITA
27th May 2008, 06:52
YOOO MAN $$$$$ i like it ! Resignation from QR . bye bye mr Milton and R.H !

salamalikum2
28th May 2008, 10:30
They(EK) known how to motivate a little bit the crew:D.... i wish Q.A could copy Ek ..as well.. for that!!

khaneeth
30th May 2008, 20:02
koss ommak, if you dont know don't ****.....ha..ha..ha

khaneeth
30th May 2008, 20:08
Can someone please explain to me that if QR changes the pay date structure, What happened to the 5 days that we lost due to this pay change? We didnt really lose it ...it just went into the stock market to guarantee our future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

salamalikum2
31st May 2008, 02:34
Kool down Khaneeth!

we didn't lost anything..!(we loose enough already with infaltion,and devaluation of the local currency!)
To adapt to the new "system" for May salary they calculated the allowance from 16 april till 10 of May.
So now From june they will calculated the allowance from 11 of may till 10 of june and so and so..it's written black and white on your message box on Aims.
So We don't loose any day of allowance.
But i guess most of the people were expected another kind of change in the salary....:ugh:

CEO PITA
31st May 2008, 10:18
Its like chain : you change people and salary will change as well .
As long as we can bring CT from small airline (smaller then Amiri ) from UK becouse the passport match to UK,India,Pakistan,Sri Lanka all this great places and we have small man with big nose and we have R.H in post NO salary increase .
Before with Qatari management we use to get increament every year but naw NO NO we can hire Dash 8 captian and ATR captian on 330 so why should we pay more . Its easy bring more new pilost they all are happy first 6 monaths and then smell start to come from a foot "you look down and realize it " i step in to SH....T !

Londonlads
31st May 2008, 12:22
Ceo Pita. Miserable as you seem to be at QR, why not be polite enough to resign and give someone else your job?

CEO PITA
1st Jun 2008, 02:29
O really why should i resing ? Soon QR will face souch shortage of staff (cockpit crew and cabin crew ) that litle small man will have to open his pocket and put his hand deep inside and pay us more to get more people in QR becouse as for naw we only get F/o s which already failed in EK or EY and cabin crew we get only to give them experiance and after 2-3 y they are gone to EK,EY,Korean Air ......!
Am in QR 7 y naw and every time there is shortage of crew there is no shortage of money after a while.
So i dont want to leave but i want more $$$$$$$ ! Thats why we are all here in ME .

Londonlads
1st Jun 2008, 12:15
Because you complain all the time. Always new threads with the same stuff. If you have been there for seven years and nothing yet has happened, what makes you think that something will happen any time soon?! Very naive of you!

Also, short of crew? Surely not in their cabin crew department! Their bonding contract seems to work perfectly!

salamalikum2
1st Jun 2008, 12:50
"Nothing yet has happened......"I'm afraid you are wrong Londonlads..!Up to now Every two years Qatar Airways HAD to increase the salary(not because they love us: we should be very naive to believe this..!), but simply in an attempt to stop the haemorrhage, and try to prevent more(good) pilots to leave the boat,and try to make this place a little bit more attractive for new joiners...

It has been like that for the last 6..7 years here in Qatar airways and there is no reason to believe that it will change tomorrow if this company wants to stay alive, excpecially today with the poor economic condition expats have to cope with here:inflation+devaluation!!
Cheers.

JungleJett
1st Jun 2008, 18:12
PITA, you keep repeating the same B.S over and over again....."we only get the F/Os who failed their interview at EK or EY". Not always true.
It will be closer to the truth to say we always get F/Os who didn't get a reply from EK or EY.
You know, in the past year or so lots of F/Os went to EY for a faster time to command. Why didn't you?....Or maybe you did and failed?
7 years F/O here....I wouldn't be proud of it. You must have a wonderful Capital L on your forehead now....

P.Clostermann
2nd Jun 2008, 06:41
jungleJet,

you clearly have NO idea what you are talking about.

7 years FO will be the rule in Qatar very soon, with the new rules of 5 years to upgrade probably getting approved as we speak!

Maybe you where lucky enough to come in as a DEC....so did I....but you should always realize that this was PURE luck and at the expense of many FO waiting and waiting to get his chance at a left seat.

And yes, some of these long term FOs are weaker than the others and they will probably never see their command. But is this a shame? No it is not.
Not everybody is suitable to assume a command....and in most big airlines this is a recognized fact which is not frowned upon at all!

And most probable you and me, assuming you are a DEC, would fail the whole assessment thing here in QR in any case.

So remember lucky boy, 7 years FO's do not have the capital L imprinted on their forehead! And if a person fails to see this he/she should have a deeper look in the mirror!

CEO Pitas posts are a bit of a lower level, but sometimes he is right!

loc22550
2nd Jun 2008, 08:25
Let's not forget as well in my humble opinion...that the final decision for the upgrade has to come from the little big man..regardless of your capacity of being able to be a captain or not.
It's not the first time that some really competent people have been stopped or delay in their upgrade process for any suspicious:mad: reason.

wonder
2nd Jun 2008, 09:16
i thought CEOs should be focusing on the macro not the micro issues

P.Clostermann
2nd Jun 2008, 11:01
well, what can we say?

Welcome to the wonderful world of Qatar Airways....where nothing is like it seems to be...where nothing is done the way it is supposed to be done...

and indeed...where macro issues are forgotten and micro issues become mammoths!

THR MCT
2nd Jun 2008, 17:21
I Can't agree more on your statement P.Clostermann,
let us be little bit honest here.
I fly with talented Fo on the A330 some of them are realy good skilled people I had a couple of guys more experienced than I do with previous command time when I heard their story what kind of sh:mad:t they have to endure in the interview process I thank god that I came as a DEC could not answer none of the questions myself.
just think what kind of caliber are the guys in the A340
so makes me wondering what kind of BS is this process I'm sure I wouldn't pass.
Let us give a big :ok: to this guys especially when we know that the people who ask the questions most of the time they have no clue what so ever will be the answer and with so weak background and profile.

Fly high fly safe and always aim for a smooth landing.

Londonlads
2nd Jun 2008, 18:05
I know a guy from Mexiko who has been with the airline for less than seven years and already been given an upgrade! I would think he has been there for four years.

Pita, if you have been there for seven years and still believe things will change, that is very naive of you! I agree with Junglejet. Were you rejected by either EK or EY? Reading from your previous posts, you seem to have been fed up with the airline for a very loooooooong time. Pack your bag! Or, you will probably be in the right seat for another seven years.

Tintin
3rd Jun 2008, 07:48
cant even write on techlogs

loc22550
4th Jun 2008, 17:05
People like Vaschandi who still believe in a salary increase for this year should i think stop dreaming!
United Airline is gone withdrawn 100 aircraft from it's fleet and scrap 1000 jobs...and i guess it's just the beginning, a lot of company will close the door in the coming months due to the high cost of fuel....Wait and see!
Mr AAB must have a large& big smile in his face....he is probably the only one in Q.A!Crew suffering from infaltion and devaluation here sure have a different point of view!:ouch:

Smirnoff N21
4th Jun 2008, 17:57
Don't see a pay rise coming as it's usually happens every second year if at all.
Dollar de-peg isn't coming till the US elections are over if at all.
It'd been all over prune since Jan and certainly Pita would indulge in it. :ok:
Now with Indian CAA giving expats a boot fo till mid of this year and PIC till 2010 and US aviation scene entering a spiral-dive. It's not a rocket science to see a bulldozer rolling over dead bodies. Hopefully QR will have enough honor to stick to their promises to upgrade guys. I however doubt it. Good luck fellas
one thing is for sure your jobs are very secured hopefully at reasonable expense.

QTRminator
3rd Jul 2008, 19:29
Heard a lot of strong rumours last month about an increase going to happen in july, anyone else who did?
Well july is here, I'm waiting....

CEO PITA
3rd Jul 2008, 23:51
1. About me ( none of youre buisness ) but am from this area and am almost home so why should i leave ( you guyz leave am at home )
2. I been low on hours as i been flying as f/engeneer before.
3. i will get my command soon

Naw salary : no increamnet or so becouse there are pilots on market maybe salary decrease can be expected soon .
Some of management pilots just stated that with new pilots on market from USA and some EU airline which will close up soon due to oil price we should slow down upgrade process to minimum since there is DEC pilots on market ,in that way it will not look as beed as if they stop it and it should save an airline a lot of money by taking DEC .

Some latin pilots are already doing intervew in Etihad to get there before US guyz come in .
QR is best airline in Qatar .

JungleJett
4th Jul 2008, 17:34
So PITA bread I guess if they slow down upgrades and take more DEC, you will have to wait another 7 years sitting in the right seat....but don't worry by then they will make a special 3 and a half stripe custome made for you only....

P.Clostermann
5th Jul 2008, 09:10
You can laugh with the Pitta dude all you want but actually what he was saying is very VERY true!

They ARE considering slowing down the upgrade process because once more we have too many captains and DEC are readily available anyway!

Unfortunately, the same is happening at EY for the same reasons, so going there will not change a dime in case you are an FO looking for a command! They have a three year policy there as well now, upgrades are all on A320 and by the time you reach your 3 years at EY you will be in exactly the same position as you are in here!

Once more back to the old adagio...you do not come here for a promotion, expect to leave the sandpit in the same position you came with and you'll be fine!

What a fine region this is!

CEO PITA
7th Jul 2008, 19:44
Instead of increasing salary Qr decided to increase number on NON rated F/Os and Capt new jojners so they have to stick to airline for few years .Its done to replace uyz which are leaving Qr to Ek,EY,A.A ......
see there always a way out for QR !

Black Stain
8th Jul 2008, 00:26
all these "purely personal" feelings you have gathered against the country that is "hosting" you

You are one spitting nonsense SNAM.

You seem to view yourself as a commodity, sold to your employer to whom you must be forever grateful.

Consider for a second that others may not share your dark ages world view. Others may consider the service they provide of value to their employer. Some employees have enough self respect, to demand some respect back from their employer. And many seek an airline with which they may form part of a successful team of which they can all be proud.

If you are happy SNAM to be a worthless bonded servant rather than a trusted professional then you should be the one to sit back and shut up. Enjoy your miserable existence. Let those with some vision warn others away from that nasty little sweat shop known as The Goat.

Wipe the tip of your nose SNAM I think there is a dirty brown spot on it....

loc22550
8th Jul 2008, 05:15
Quote:

"I ACTUALLY PREFER TO PAY FOR TANK FULL OF FUEL 120 EUROS INSTEAD OF 17 u$,BUT AT LEAST I'M FREE AND NOT QATARI LABOUR SLAVE NEEDING TO BUY MY WAY OUT OF THIS HELL COUNTRY..."

We call it.."quality of life.."..
100% true.
:D:D:D:D

Qatari515
8th Jul 2008, 07:08
Hehehehe.....

Just love a good catfight!

Continue boys, continue please! Its a like a good psychologist session...VENT THOSE FRUSTRATIONS!

Black Stain
8th Jul 2008, 10:07
Am slow I know, but now figured out.... Sensitive New Age Muslim.

How cool!! Look at the big heart in SNAM!!!!

Do you pay your maid more than $300pm? And she only works 70 hours a week too I bet!

But are you the ultimate sensitive guy SNAM? Have you forsaken your legal right to punch your wife less hard than you would punch your brother??

(Whilst harsh, this post is relevant as these are very real issues for all who suffer in Qatar)

oryxbollocks
8th Jul 2008, 14:56
And there I was thinking this thread was about the raise we are getting in August?

GB

salamalikum2
8th Jul 2008, 16:44
Raise in August..in wich movie...:ugh: it used to be july now August..soon it's gone be september....

Keep dreaming....

EL CAPITAN
8th Jul 2008, 17:28
Raise of temperature maybe....:ok:

Smirnoff N21
8th Jul 2008, 18:46
Fellas what's that all about with emotional involvement cat and dog fights really no point whatsoever. No matter what we do or omit to do sandpit is what it is and never gonna change. Business is brutal and everyone gotta look after him self taking as much as he can giving only what's required. All in all slavery or not blah blah blah as long as it suits the purpose use and abuse as well as get used and abused. It's not a long term corporate identity investment or anything alike. Just pure exploitation of resources. No vision for future as far as personnel concerns.
Conclusion: F/O to the sandpit NO THANKS Captain yes. At least they can't fool around too much unless the next guy is ready knocking at the door with lots of Vaseline.
Don't take it personally take it on the rocks!!!
P.S. btw 120 Eur for tank of gas really hearts but what hell!!!

CEO PITA
8th Jul 2008, 20:22
Slave or free if you are jobless its the same ( you have no $ to live and eat ) but if you are slave in BMW thats ok int tha that case you can have youre own slave right ?
Europe or USa is cool human rights and so on and then G.W.Bush decide that tax you are paying should be invested in war in Iraq instead of some research in meds or so . So you become slave of G.Bush .
In M.E you are slave of some Mahmud in white dress . Well it come to same same slave for Bush or slave for Mahmud only car and watch is different ! You want to live in Paris and drive Swift or live in Abu Dhabi or Doha and drive BMW or Jeep its youre decision.
Soon all of us in Qatar will drive swift as well .

9.G
8th Jul 2008, 21:30
That's why sandpit will further on remain what it is. Without even having a slightest idea of what the modern employment environment is all about but bluntly following the idea of "I can buy it all" middle eastern companies will be a step stone in any aviation career path. It's not all about money pita though it's very important but you're not on the zook and the goods are probably the most perishable one. Western world came a long way till they simply realised the benefit of motivated employees. QR isn't even born yet. Go on and start the devil's advocate discussion.

BUSTRASH
9th Jul 2008, 00:35
Pita is correct.
All you have to do is follow some diffrent rules and not ask for orange juice in flight and you get to drive a BMW. I read every day the complaints abouts QR but there is worse. In my present company you have to pay in cash your bond upfront, no pay during 3-6months training and you already have to be type rated. In the US try flying for a regional airline 1400usd a month take home the first year and six sectors a day. At Taca 2000 month usd for A320 F/O average because they pay by the hour like I pay my maid in Asia. I dont see what the Europeans are complaining about they invented the low coast pay for type rating and 500 hours in type scheme. At some outfits you pay even for your interview, sim assesment and uniform. Besides all the wierd rules QR is one of the carriers in the world that you may have a chance to someday touch a A380. If the price for me to drive a BMW and fly a A380 is no orange juice and wear my hat during the walk arounds, let it be.

salamalikum2
9th Jul 2008, 05:51
I think Q.R has only order 3..4 A380(probably just for the prestige, and for commercial reason),so before you (We) can even think about flying it...

"If the price for me to drive a BMW and fly a 380 is no orange juice and wear the hat during walk arounds let it be....":ouch:

Personnaly i don't link the "quality of my live" to the size of the car i'm driving, or the size of aircraft i'm flying..!(honestly i have more fun to fly small a/c...:))

BUSTRASH
9th Jul 2008, 07:09
Actually my priorties are different. Airplanes,Girls,Money,and then Cars. If you add all 4 of them up it equals quality of life.

A320 Man
9th Jul 2008, 09:25
According to the latest memo ragarding the A.L.T, the chances are slim to travel on a confirmed seat !!
To understand what is H class: it is the cheapest price available when the flight is just open for sale, if you are early enough you may catch it before it is sold out, then the Y class (more expensive) then the N class (much more) and they are all in Economy class (coach).
What will happen to you and your family when you try to book your annual leave and the H class is sold out? Or it is in the memo: buy a full fare commercial ticket ! or try your luck with ID 90 !!!

OH REALLY?? That is great. It will be in effect from September 1st. 2008, so if you are planning an annual leave after that date, good luck.

At the end of the memo a little reminder for us not even to try all year around to get tickets on some mentioned destinations,

I am lucky that I used my annual leave ticket already, as for the next year I will not be here to suffer for my annual leave.

Two Dogs....
9th Jul 2008, 10:39
No Tickets eh!!! Do you guys realize why you are being raped again by that poisonous white ragged rat? Because he can!! Because he knows that he will have several hundred desperate unemployed americans grovelling at his door next year.

There is a word for this.... exploitation.

And exploitation is just another manifestation of endemic racism. Some more....

1. Pay them less, they are not worthy.
2. Work them to MAX LIMIT, they exist for us only to work.
2. Treat them like crap, they are less than us.
3. Tell them all lies, their opinions dont matter.
4. Protect our women under black, harass their white slags.
5. Make escape as difficult as possible.

And isn't it funny how any expat that overtly rejects the Qatari world view is a racist??? There have only ever been 12 reasons to join Goat Airways.... :*

sayap-patah
9th Jul 2008, 10:48
i do confirm what CEO PITA inform us:ok:, Thank you CEO PITA. Hope you guys still have a lot of hope in QR ( also dream..maybe), as an outsider (now ) i do hope you could get some sleep during KIX-DOH FLT.

salamalikum2
9th Jul 2008, 11:00
Sayap Patah:
Regarding the rest on KIX-DOh, we just have to make sure to occupy the right place, if you rest in the first class seat (even if empty!) instead of he business seat you might find some deduction on your salary, either at the end of the month or when you resign on your end of service "benefit"...!!!!
100% true!
Welcome to Q.R.........:ouch:

CEO PITA
9th Jul 2008, 12:10
It was all ok till CC didnt know why we rest and where should we rest and when some smart PO or CSD got to know its only busness seat for us ooo lets report Capt to CEO . Cool lets do the same for CS and CSD every mistake she do we can writte with date and time and confirmation of F/O and if all ok keep it if she report us we can do the same.
Eastern European Capt got deductioin from salary 17 k QR for resting in first class during KIX-DOH aussie cpat as well reported by CSD and German capt as well all got deducted 17-20 k .
Poor country have to take money from Captians to run airline .
I saw someone drive new Ferari i guess i know wher eis money from .

Lulu qatar
9th Jul 2008, 13:17
Man since am in Doha i learn few new terms for me :
REPORTING
WARNING LETTERS
TERMINATIONS
CALLED INTO OFFICE

where am from i never heared about this crap i guess (its made in 5 star )

IcarusRising
9th Jul 2008, 13:25
Lulu, you must have arrived from another planet !

Lulu qatar
9th Jul 2008, 13:36
Maybe just another continent then yours !

Icarus did you ever flown for any major EU airline ?
I been for 22y for youre info and didnt saw people getting reported for funny reasons ,terminated,called to office for resting in FC,getting warning letters for drinking forbiten drinks .
Word "reporting" is invented during UK-India codshere and got transfered to Qatar with J.A cabin crew .Thats what i was told from my TRE ( qatari)

CEO PITA
9th Jul 2008, 13:41
Lulu you will get use to it after few y.

Dont listen to Icarus he is one of management ( high ) educated pilots who finish training in Oxford UK same betch with Icarus him self .
Icarus knows SOP up and down but sometimes turns in wrong side ( wuupps wuupps )

salamalikum2
9th Jul 2008, 14:44
Regarding the deduction of the money for wrong sitting..:ugh:i become convince that this must me a well organised complot from the mafia running the financial dept and some concerned C.C....:mad:Where do you think this money is going....:mad:?? Do you guys really believe that this is coming from MR AAB himself....?:confused:

Smirnoff N21
9th Jul 2008, 21:53
salamalikum2 no one farts in QR without his approval but as everything else it's interpreted as legitimate course of action by QR. The pilot involved should have simply declared safety related reason and QR would've backed off but since F/O they are a bit more aggressive. General rule is very valid for QR try to f@@k around as much as only possible. Hopefully they'll have enough brain to register existing offer of employment letters with the labour department to manifest them as legitimate other wise guys 1 month notice is your good right with full payout.

tuan74
9th Jul 2008, 23:46
One more famous quote in QR....

" NOT ALLOWED...!!!!!! "

:=:=:=

BUSTRASH
10th Jul 2008, 02:26
Hi guys
Is there any slowdown in interviewing or hiring. Or is it still going full on.
Thanks

loc22550
10th Jul 2008, 07:45
Back to the original topic(QR salary)..,eventhough we recieve what they call a salary "increase", 'official" rumor from office says there will be nothing to celebrate...:just 1000 or 2000 QR more only on the basic. or something like that..if.. we ever get something...again just a rumor.
So basicaly..3..4%...on the total package.(infaltion here 15+%,probably even worse next year...!).
(let's not even talk of the devaluation of the qatari riyal....:uhoh:)

Are they expecting to stop the exodus and attract a lot of people with such a figure...........????:=

P.Clostermann
10th Jul 2008, 07:58
In case they deduct anything from your salary, without your approval or acknowledgement, this is where you should read:

Article (64)

A worker shall, before his recourse to the competent tribunal, appeal to his employer against the penalty inflicted on him within seven days of being aware of such penalty. The appeal shall be decided upon within seven days of its submission. The appeal is considered rejected if this period lapses.

In the event of rejection of an appeal or if it is not decided upon within the above period, the worker may appeal to the Department against the penalty inflicted on him with seven days of the date of rejection.

The Department shall decide on the worker's appeal within seven days of the date of the registration of the appeal. The Department's decision shall be final.

As an exception the worker may appeal against the penalty of dismissal from work to the competent court.

If the court decides that the dismissal is arbitrary or in violation of the' provisions of this law, it shall either annual the dismissal, orders the return the worker to his work and payment of his wages for the period he was not allowed to work in implementation of such penalty or payment of a suitable compensation. Such compensation shall include the wages and other benefits denied to him as a result of such dismissal.

The whole thing can be found on:

Embassy of Qatar - The Labour Law (http://www.qatarembassy.net/Qatar_Labour_Law.asp)

I know, some of you will start now saying that QR is untouchable blablabla....

Believe me, they are not that untouchable. On top of that, the allegations about the maffia practices are true, so in case they would deduct something which you think is not correct, just threaten with this and they will turn 180 degrees!

Believe me, I have tried it and it works!

Its always the same song: People who dont know their rights will get abused, people who know their rights might stand a chance!

Just learn how to fence for yourself!

cleared to land
10th Jul 2008, 07:59
there is a fresh rumour that there will be an increase and it will be announced this month. anybody any input on that?

loc22550
10th Jul 2008, 08:51
cleared to Land:
Just keep your bottle of champagne in the fridge...Don't open it yet...:bored:

PIPE RIDER
10th Jul 2008, 18:30
Very easy;

1- US pulls out of Iraq
2-Oil barrel goes back to 80 us
3-US dollar makes and Incredible comeback against Euro
4-Landlords in Qatar start acting according to the law
5-And Girls skate on G-strings on the corniche,

Then that is the only way there will be a Salary rise.....:cool:

Got it, Clr 2 lnd?

cleared to land
11th Jul 2008, 08:04
Guys I understand your pessimism. Trust me. But the last think I heard is the CEO told someone he already signed for -9% on the basic. Ooops +9%. Sorry. :ok:

CEO PITA
11th Jul 2008, 23:16
9 % for F/O basic 18k is 1620 rials .
9 % for Capt basic 26k is 2340 rials

Sorry its not increament its insolt for pilots .

Inflation 15 % . Eletricity +30 % since last year .
Rent in 3 y went double the price .
Anything below 40 % on basic its a joke . Last salary increament was 2 y back since then inflation went 30% up means 40% inceament is onlt 10 %.
9 % increament is actually -31 % or reall one we should get .

Lulu qatar
12th Jul 2008, 00:14
9 % WOOOOO cool i can start going to Starbucks again instead shewarma shop which i started since 1y becouse Starbucks start to become expencive for QR F/O .But naw with 9 % i will go back.

loc22550
12th Jul 2008, 05:45
Cleared to land:

Believe it when you will see it.
well 9% on the basic only......we might not even see and feel the difference!:ugh::ugh:
Just another insult in the face of the crew....

notanotherhilton
12th Jul 2008, 08:17
How did increasing salary ever decrease inflation?

CEO PITA
12th Jul 2008, 22:03
nAw with 9 % i suggest you to come back to youre favorite airline !

Jo Banana
13th Jul 2008, 07:24
:{any idea if the education allowance is going up?...if no improvement on education allowance.........I am outta here!!!!!!

notanotherhilton
13th Jul 2008, 08:58
Yes its only in Doha there is record inflation and high food prices. ONLY IN DOHA!

QTRminator
13th Jul 2008, 11:21
Didnt see anyone claiming its only in Doha where there is inflation, but fact is it is one of (if not the highest) the highest in the ME with its "estimated" 15%:{ and for sure also higher than were you are, notanotherhilton.

notanotherhilton
13th Jul 2008, 11:23
For sure its higher and it will stay high, just like my 41% tax and insurance rate, my 30% increase in energy bills, my 35% increase in food bills, my increased morgage repayments, - all in the last 12 months.

You cant have it all unfortunatley.

QTRminator
13th Jul 2008, 11:43
That´s right, we can´t have it all. But for finding it worth to relocate to-/stay in- the ME it has to be a lot better than home and not just slightly better.Otherwise people will do like you obviously did, move back, but it seems like you´re missing Doha, if I read in between the lines. In Europe you know that the worth of your salary and your cost of living will be fairly predictable and you have pension and social security etc, but here we´re caught by surprise every week.
Its fast approaching that its only slightly better or equal here compared to home and that will cause people to make diversion-plans. And for people considering to come, its not so easy to know all the hidden costs and problems within the package, cause it looks really good on paper. Its not bad but its getting worse, for sure.

notanotherhilton
13th Jul 2008, 12:01
If I dont supplement my pension with 8% of my current salary (the 59% thats left), my pension will just about keep a roof over my head when I retire. The days of big final salary pensions are as dead as the dodo in most European Airlines. I pay taxes for social security that would just about keep me above the poverty line if I ever needed it. My household costs have increased massively in the last 12 months, something I was never able to predict a year ago.

I dont miss Doha, I did my time and was happy to move back to raise my family close to our extended families. Thats where my priority lies now. A personal choice. You cant go the Gulf and expect all the familiarity of home plus a kings ransom as well any more. The world is not like that any more, Ex Pat flying is not like that anymore. Perhaps a more reasonable and realistic appraisal of the pros and cons BEFORE moving would prevent the personal anger and completely unjustified BS I read on here. Life is WAY to short to be piss*d off all the time. If your not happy do something about it.

Black Stain
13th Jul 2008, 13:42
If your not happy do something about it.

Pssss.... They are doing something about it Notanotherhilton :ugh: You may not understand it, in fact many posters here participate unwittingly; but be sure that loading the recruitment dice is a powerful tool indeed.

THR MCT
13th Jul 2008, 15:11
+9% on the Basic salary not bad, better then nothing at least it will compensate for food and grocery inflation let us wait and see. but what realy matters is why Qr is not pushed to copy emirates and introduce the company provident fund and annual profits share + Currency exchange protection plan:confused: these are the concerns of most pilots at Qr.
I think this issues should be adressed immediatly if they want to keep this airline flying otherwise people are already looking to greener pasturage over the fence." knocking to our neighboors doors"
Fly high fast and always be safe:ok:

Tintin
13th Jul 2008, 16:05
annual profits share !!!!!!!!! guys get real

Lulu qatar
13th Jul 2008, 21:48
Stock market or not we dont care we just want bonus like Emirates,Singapore Airlines,Air Asia ,Air Arabia .......
If they can why Qatar can not ? or Qatar is too poor ?

Tintin
13th Jul 2008, 22:20
Maybe because Emirates and Singapore Airlines are profitable so they share there profits thats why it's call profit share ,,clear enought????, Qatar Airways are on the red what do you want them to share with you????? Ask for anything but please dont ask for profit share..

Lulu qatar
14th Jul 2008, 01:23
QA is in red ? mmm am not sure becouse we announced a order of 200 new airplanes . You think airline in red can buy all this birds ?
SIN,AK,A.A also ordered many airplanes but still give bonus .
Since am flying in QR we are 99 % on MTOW 232 T . Airlines in red dont have pax to reach MTOW .
Its not about making profit or not its about weather airline want to keep there staff or want them to leave .
Q.A is doing excelent job in training pilots for new type ratings and making them leave after some time .

knotaloud
14th Jul 2008, 07:58
This is a rumour forum, right? Then the rumour is around 33K for FO's and 44K for captains as guaranteed minumum monthly up to 70 hours. Overtime reinstated; education increased by 300%.
Announcement as soon as the catamite king (I love that Black S. Wish I'd thought of it myself.) can find a window of opportunity to call HIS pilots together and tell them what a bunch of fools they are so they can all applaud.
Pity I have a root canal scheduled that night so I won't be there.

JungleJett
14th Jul 2008, 12:56
And how reliable is (are) your rumour source(s)??
Or are you like me and you have an imaginary friend who tells you feel good stories??.....

salamalikum2
14th Jul 2008, 13:48
?? quote
.."around 33k for F/O and 44k for captain as guaranteed minimum monthly up to 70 hours...."
What does that mean....???????:ugh:

By the way, if i fly 70 h/month as a cpt right now i make already more than44000QR!
(26500+1500+300+12000+70X120=48700!!)

Who's next....??:ouch:

togaluck
14th Jul 2008, 15:41
you're taking into account your housing allowance... with out it is 36700...
now 44 sounds better...

but i doubt we'll get it anyway...

loc22550
14th Jul 2008, 16:43
Anybody else with a better offer, please raise your hand .....:ugh:

Knotaloud:"education increase by 300%"(it means multiply by 4)!!!
Put the bottle down and come back when you will be fit and well.:ouch:

I known the sun is hitting hard during the summertime,but still it's not a reason....

knotaloud
16th Jul 2008, 04:38
Thanks for helping me with my multiplication tables loc. Don't you have to change you handle now you can't use the company mail box?

Guys, it's a rumour network and I've passed you a rumour. Do what you want with it but I'm not standing out in the sun for anyone.

Here's more. LoL insurance 48 times your basic salary. Around 2K increase in housing allowance.

CEO PITA
16th Jul 2008, 06:12
Its a rumour forum but dot give us info wich can make us sick like decrease in salary you just mantion .
44K avrige Capt on A330 is taking home total 55k or more F/O 48k

salamalikum2
16th Jul 2008, 08:24
O i see Togaluck/Rippa..: 44k/33k :the new "basic" including 70 hours/month...
Not bad indeed.....So not realistic for Q.R.i'm afraid:{
Thanks.

ninja
20th Jul 2008, 20:37
Hello, please can somebody provide me with a detailed breakdown of the interview process for a non type rated first officer position. I'd appreciate if we can stick to the subject and not wonder off course, as many of the previous threads relating to this airline have done. I have used the great tool on this website, otherwise known as the search function; however this has proved to be of painstakingly limited information.

Therefore I'd just like to know what is involved in the 3 day assessment and possibly any information relating to pay and accommodation.

Thank you for your replies and safe landings. :O

Safari Goat
21st Jul 2008, 00:02
You sit in front some Qatar Airways pilots and a guy from HR. They ask you questions about you and then some tech questions, I suggest you read the "how to ace a pilot interview." you also do a written exam, same kind of stuff. Then if they like you and you did not mess up that day you will go into the sim and fly a raw data visual approach, a missed approach , loose an engine and come back in to do a G/A with engine out. You will get a brief on what you do. Then you will go home and wait for the call.The pay is pay. You can survive. Living is hot and life is good.

BUSTRASH
21st Jul 2008, 09:15
I did the assesment in May on A320 Sim
Sim is visual circuit of Doha.
V1 cut with A/P and F/D
S/E engine ils to a go around
another s/e ils and done.
written test 18 questions
sicological test. 16 questions
Interview. Personal and some technical questions
All depends who interviews you.
Make sure all documents are complete and in english
New suit, be nice good luck
Trip on J class there is wonderful, Hotel is so so
Not much to do but lots of western and asian restaurants.
Oh you must also do the Icao english test if its not on your LIC.
Later

BizPilotBrazil
21st Jul 2008, 18:26
Bush or Safari,

Please,
Do you remenber a some question of the Psico and Tech, test's?

ninja
21st Jul 2008, 21:18
Safari and Bustrash, thank you for your replies. Do you remember any specific questions they asked?

loc22550
23rd Jul 2008, 13:04
Very quiet suddendly...
Heard that some people in office have pretend a annoucement should be done in july regarding salary "increase.."
Well Countdown has start..7 days to go.....

CEO PITA
24th Jul 2008, 03:06
What a joke !
Annoucement in april annoucement in june ,then annoucement in july .
True is no annoucement at all becouse litle small man told his top management people "soon we will have pilots from USA and some EU airlines which are going down knocking on QA doors " why should he give anything if he has a rated pilot without job ?

Flyer1015
24th Jul 2008, 04:44
No medical exam?

Xaxa
24th Jul 2008, 04:48
They check that you have a valid medical, you do the actual medical after you join.

BizPilotBrazil
24th Jul 2008, 05:36
Other Question

QR still hiring a non type rated F/O?

QTRminator
24th Jul 2008, 06:27
...6 days to go...

BizPilotBrazil
25th Jul 2008, 04:04
Guys,

What is the salary to A320 F/O ?

salamalikum2
25th Jul 2008, 04:29
BizpilotBrazil,

Go on page nr 7 of this thread,i put already the details for F/O salary.
Note that from the 1st of july an ERP(exchange rate protection) will be introduced as well,to protect 30% of your basic salary..
Cheers.

Flyer1015
25th Jul 2008, 04:34
Any links for airline med standards? Or maybe even Qatar civil aviation medical standards?

Spirit1
25th Jul 2008, 06:55
...5 days to go...

Black Stain
25th Jul 2008, 10:30
Unless you boys have an allergy to vaseline you should be fine.