View Full Version : Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

winterinhell
29th Jun 2014, 02:20
I have had my status on hold since early this year..i dunno if they will change the status to rejected or anything if the decided u r no longer required..so far that is the only thing that keep my hope going..

Flyboy41
29th Jun 2014, 02:55
Hi winter,

Did you already receive a letter of offer and now you are on hold?

climb11thousand
29th Jun 2014, 05:28
Hi people I have read almost every post in this massive thread and cant figure out this;

In the last few years, has anyone who has been successful at receiving a SO position (be it fast or slow) ever actually started ????

Because, all I can see is plenty of interviews and into the hold pool, have yet to read of anyone actually getting a start.

If so, what kind of time, realistically from hold to start did they have ?

Whats the point in spending all this money and resources interviewing these people and never giving them a job, even if successful ?

Shooting_Star
29th Jun 2014, 07:24
Regarding SO recruitment, only Family of people working already in Qatar or Certain Arablic nationalities have been taken out of the pool. All the rest have drowned swimming after more than 2 years... 5 Star airline, 1 Star recruitment team !

winterinhell
29th Jun 2014, 08:01
Hi flyboy,
Yes I already got offer letter couple of weeks back..but till today no joining date yet..even when I asked when is the probable date,they wont answer..

climb11thousand
29th Jun 2014, 08:52
Regarding SO recruitment, only Family of people working already in Qatar or Certain Arablic nationalities have been taken out of the pool. All the rest have drowned swimming after more than 2 years... 5 Star airline, 1 Star recruitment team !

So whats the point in recruiting SOs if they're not using them ?? Honest question, someone must know ?

This could be a career destroying move, guys getting the yes waiting patiently for something thats not going to happen turning down other opportunities...

Or is there hope ? Have people got through, those not on pprune ? Is there a grander plan to use them for something else, later down the track ?surely people know ?

RK303
29th Jun 2014, 09:40
So whats the point in recruiting SOs if they're not using them ?? Honest question, someone must know ?

In fact they do use them. I've been interviewed early 2012 and I can tell you few guys of my group have been release FO few months ago flying happy. So do not wait too long...

Regarding SO recruitment, only Family of people working already in Qatar or Certain Arablic nationalities have been taken out of the pool

What Shooting Star said is true I think. Something like that was said to me directly by the phone when I managed to reach a recruitment manager few years ago. So do not wait too long...

The only thing I never understood until now is why then they interviewed all the others. If you have more than 30 now you better think to get another job:bored:

climb11thousand
29th Jun 2014, 10:11
In fact they do use them. I've been interviewed early 2012 and I can tell you few guys of my group have been release FO few months ago flying happy. So do not wait too long...

Sorry just to clarify, did these guys have family there or local cadets or just regular recruits plucked from the hold pool ?

The only thing I never understood until now is why then they interviewed all the others. If you have more than 30 now you better think to get another job

Thats what I'm trying to understand, why recruit if they're not going to be used ? As I understand it there have been several SO interviews since then and more chances to apply even a few days ago

Surely there must be something behind this :confused:

migair54
29th Jun 2014, 13:25
When I applied for FTSO the limit was 45, actually I did my interview with 31, so I guess the SO is another issue, I was thinking that both were the same.

Actually I was talking to a friend of mine flying the A320 and he told me that many guys that joined with him 2 years ago before the pool was created are now going to B787 and some are being told that they will go to A350. He told they are moving up to leave space for a lot of new joiners in Sep-Dec 2014.

Anyway let's see what happens next, every week it's a new surprise, by the way no update email since Jan or so, I guess it's time to update and give some answers.

Shooting_Star
29th Jun 2014, 13:28
Cadets are mainly those from the flightschool in Qatar. As well some where parents or family work in Qatar Airways. Why they interview them is a mystery and seems just the result of an incompetent recruitment. For those that turn down any offer while waiting for Qatar be very careful. Most of SO will never be called and you'll just loose your chance to find a job ! The Same goes for FO recruitment, don't wait for Qatar. Also be careful when you resign. You might end up without a job in Qatar+resigned from your previous operator!
About those that have been interviewed in 2012, most of them belong in the above categories. Be aware that some did around a year to complete the whole training.

Flyboy41
29th Jun 2014, 14:58
Hi,

Anyone know what's the latest in recruiting for pilots? Both DEC and FO's? Any idea of the numbers required till the end of the year? Bearing in mind they acquire new aircrafts more or less every month and that things constantly change?....

Iver
29th Jun 2014, 17:18
Wonder if Al Baker will ever pull the trigger on the Bombardier C-Series? True the C-Series has been plagued with delays, but Farnborough is approaching and they do have 4 flight test vehicles despite the recent engine issue. Al Baker has talked about his interest in the C-Series in the past - but I am also sure it is tied to flight access to Canada as well......... :cool:

Would be a good aircraft for long and thin routes throughout the region and into Eastern Europe and Africa....

Here is a recent article about potential Qatar interest:

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/qatar-cseries-order-hinges-on-popularity-392634/

No doubt hiring would be impacted by this type of decision down the line...

istikbalgoklerdedir
29th Jun 2014, 17:27
For 777 pilots , Is it possible to take a 4-6 days off in a row and use company discounted travel tickets to visit anyplace ? That multi-exit visa works for that ? Thanks.

Obbie
29th Jun 2014, 20:57
No it's called a multi-exit visa because you can only leave once. :ugh:

Captain Bundy
30th Jun 2014, 16:11
I am going to be in Doha on Thursday, is it worth my time to drop in and hand an application in person?

Obbie
30th Jun 2014, 17:58
They won't accept any applications in non-electronic form.
You have to use the main process to submit.

No one will have time to see you without an appointment,
and I don't think you will be very successful if you try to make one.

winterinhell
1st Jul 2014, 23:33
Hi guys..sory to keep on asking this again and again..but anyone got airbus joining date so far?I just got a reply on my blood test saying its ok..made me sign some declaration thingy..yet still no DOJ..did I missed the recent joining course?

CDRW
2nd Jul 2014, 00:35
Istikbal......

In short the answer is yes.

Staff travel is very very good as long as u can connect to internet - obvious as that sounds!

Even without a multi exit permit getting a exit visa is relatively easy.

hamd
2nd Jul 2014, 03:40
@winterinhell:

with what I have been told, they are running two courses each month...atleast from Jan'15 that is what it is... they wud ask you for your expected joining date..and you can pick and choose your dates.

Cheers!

winterinhell
2nd Jul 2014, 10:19
Thanks hamd..

istikbalgoklerdedir
2nd Jul 2014, 16:10
Thx for the answer

FL123
2nd Jul 2014, 18:54
The only solution is to get your FATP asap and then apply. No other way out!
If they haven't given you a deadline for completing your application, then as you said --- by the end of the month you will have your atp. Get it and apply!!

jack.jones
3rd Jul 2014, 02:15
Hi guys,

Regarding the PSA (Pilot Suitability Assessment), is it eleminating or not and what to expect from this? Is it like the PAT test?

Thanks for the replies!

Jack

FL123
3rd Jul 2014, 10:59
Yes, it is eleminating.
PSA is all about yourself - personality questions. (you are asked to do this before you come here)
Its different from PAT.

winterinhell
3rd Jul 2014, 20:56
Well,just wondering..if earliest course for airbus is early next year,y on earth are they sending me the offer 6 months early..i really tot it would just be weeks away from DOJ..hope they wont change they mind during this 6months..

NinjaStar
3rd Jul 2014, 22:30
Joining dates are being given around 4 plus months in advance.

titto
4th Jul 2014, 10:25
Hi guys,
When do u think the next update will be?

aviator_88
4th Jul 2014, 17:35
let's say you pass everything and get your fleet assignment and your DOJ...

now, how long does it take to start with TR after you arrive in Doha?
is TR conducted in Doha or somewhere else?
what would be the average time from moment you arrive to the moment you start line training??
how long does line training take to complete (hrs, or sectors)??

thx :ok::O

JetRider81
5th Jul 2014, 12:35
Hi, Ninja. I know some A320 captains who got their DOJ with 4 months in advance... Is that happening for FOs as well? Any 320 FO got DOJ recently?

NinjaStar
5th Jul 2014, 13:55
Hello Jet, I can speak for me and one more Boeing FO who both got offers
4 months ahead of actual joining. Seems that's pretty common lately as that is probably what's taking them to put the courses together considering queue etc.

Best of luck

jkun
7th Jul 2014, 10:01
Hi guys! I recently applied for the Second Officer Position with Qatar. Rumour has it there are 100,000applicants! anyway, could any of you experienced pilots or better yet qatar airways' tech crew share with us how is the hiring process conducted? Would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

winterinhell
7th Jul 2014, 12:02
Hi alls, I wanna share my road to DOJ..
A330 FO,rated and current..
Applied Sept 13,
invite for Interview Oct 13,
Interview end of Jan 14,
Email that I succeed interview Feb 14,
Hirerights 1st email end of May 14,
Offer of employment June 14,
Confirm DOJ Mid July 14 to join Nov 14..
Hope n pray that all go right after this..

PAPI CHULO
7th Jul 2014, 13:39
Winterinhell,

For which position is it? When in november is it?

Thanks for ur reply

winterinhell
7th Jul 2014, 14:38
Hi, Im offered FO330, join 2nd Nov..

FL123
7th Jul 2014, 15:21
SO applicants---

Rumour has it there are 100,000applicants!

Ok , we all know this a rumour website -- but common now.... Even the rumour has its limits.

The applicants would be in thousand max!!!

casablanca
8th Jul 2014, 10:18
Just curious what type of notice is normally required to be given to your employer in Europe or other countries.....seems 3 months is common in Middle East so not sure if that has something to do with them planning joining date 4 months later.......in my case I said I need to give my employer 2 weeks notice and my joining date was 3 weeks after contract received.

JetRider81
8th Jul 2014, 14:15
Thanks Ninja. Glad for you!

Wings23
9th Jul 2014, 14:57
Anybody in the holding pool with the 'mid year' update?

winterinhell
9th Jul 2014, 15:49
hi wings,
i got my 'mid year update' with the hire rights requesting my details..then all as per my post above..good luck to u..hope for the good news soon for u..

FLGHeavy
10th Jul 2014, 05:17
Hey, Wings.

Still waiting...
NTR FO

Vmax400
10th Jul 2014, 07:55
Guys may I ask about the transportation and utilities allowance..
How much are they? And are they paid monthly?

waas
10th Jul 2014, 21:24
Hello vmax,

For first officers:

Utility allowance or utility charges paid by company: 300QAR per month
Transportation: 1500QAR per month.

rsbessa
11th Jul 2014, 19:18
The same here...

Applied in March, if I'm not wrong...

4000TT, 3200hrs on the 737 (500 CL + 2700 NG).

I just got e-mails requesting my Translated ATP Certificate, even after sending it.

A friend of mine who applied after me and has exactly the same qualifications wasn't requested to send the certificate and already took the PSA (unfortunately he failed).

I think the pace of your process will depend much on who is analyzing it.

:rolleyes:

Twinotterguy
11th Jul 2014, 19:35
They give more priority to guys with widebody experience ie 767/747s after that only they consider guys on the 737/717/MDs who applied for the 777.

Vmax400
13th Jul 2014, 11:30
Thanks alot waas..

MDT06
16th Jul 2014, 02:54
Anyone attending the roadshow in Jakarta this weekend?

MDT

Paparoach
16th Jul 2014, 07:56
Hi guys,

Any other SO requested to do the PSA (Pilot Suitability Assessment) test? I've been asked t do it early this month, no new received since then. I hope it's good news as I am patiently waiting for my turn to get a DOJ! ;-) Any other feedback would be appreciated, thanks! :)

For info: I have passed the selection tests in Doha early 2012, as normal track second officer. I'm in the holding pool since mid-july 2012, and didn't receive my "mid-year" update yet.

Regards

iQatar
16th Jul 2014, 13:49
@Paparoach

I don't think the "middle of the year" update is out yet.
normal track second FO
Did you mean a fast track second officer - FTSO or a non rated first officer?

Paparoach
16th Jul 2014, 14:16
I meant "Second Officer". I'm NOT fast track, and I'm NOT type rated.

NinjaStar
16th Jul 2014, 17:30
There's no such thing as second FO. Either FO or SO. First and second officer respectively.

Best of luck

Paparoach
16th Jul 2014, 20:21
Indeed, my bad... I meant "Second Officer"... :)

Looks like my brain wasn't at its best at work today ;-)

I will edit my previous messages for the sake of clarity!

FL123
16th Jul 2014, 21:13
Its good that QR is now asking the the SOs in the pool to do the PSA. SOs have to pass the PSA. You dont want to fail now!!

Bokkenrijder
17th Jul 2014, 09:47
Why never to join Qatar, summed up in one video: Farnborough: Why Qatar's CEO scares Airbus, Boeing | Video | Reuters.com (http://uk.reuters.com/video/2014/07/15/farnborough-why-qatars-ceo-scares-airbus?videoId=323923794)

"...my A380..." ;)

Obbie
17th Jul 2014, 10:57
My A380, My girls, My airport.......in his little mind he is the only one
at the airline that matters.

This airline is finally starting to really become something, it has out
grown the little trash talking mouse and now needs a real CEO that
doesn't humiliate it every time he opens his mouth.

Bokkenrijder
17th Jul 2014, 11:11
Even more astounding and pathetic is his 'rationale' in twisting Airbus' arm in order to gain bigger access to the European market.

Airbus sells airplanes, not German airport slots! You fork over x-million Dollars, you get an airplane in return. That's the deal, regardless of who Airbus' shareholders (i.e. Germany) are!

Sadly AB has not outgrown the 'second hand camel bazaar' mentality yet... :D

It must be real fun to work for such a complete clown. :yuk:

Stone_cold
17th Jul 2014, 11:14
His Company , his Cabin Crew , His Country His Aircraft :} , Not even Arab by the way !

c.jibia
17th Jul 2014, 19:02
Hi there. I saw some post about this, but still not clear enough for me.
I am on the damn talent pool since July 2012 for non rated F.O. My Exams in Doha were on April 2012.
Does anybody know if finally after opening the new Doha airport things are gonna change, and they will start to call non rated FO from the talent pool?
Anybody on the same dates of examination than me who have received joining date?

Thanks in advance!

Paparoach
19th Jul 2014, 08:54
Yes, I've been asked to complete the PSA online.

I'm NTSO, did my selection (ATPL test, HR interview, sim check) in 2012 in Doha and successfully passed these. I've been in the pool for two years now.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

FL123
19th Jul 2014, 11:54
You dont get invited for the PSA. You are asked to do it online at your base.

PSA - Pilot Suitability Assessment.
It has 3 sections. Nothing technical. Just a simple personality test.

ItsMeFromEarth
19th Jul 2014, 12:21
Stone Cold you are just a P.O.S

Are you the father of your kids, are you the son of your father?

Stone_cold
19th Jul 2014, 13:52
"Itme " Not sure what you are getting at , but I actually said what others have in the same thread relating to the Video of AAB .

This is how he is oft quoted as referring the points I made . All facts . Are you disputing that he makes these comments in relation to "his airline, staff ,aircraft " and are you saying that he is Arab/Qatari ( his country ?)

migair54
20th Jul 2014, 07:49
This is good news for me, seeing that the pool is slowly mkving, now let's see what happen, good luck guys with the test and keep up posted.

I have seen thevideo and that's AAB pure style, saying that Airbus brought their crapy test plane was great!!! He has a very possesive way of seeing QR but the one who talks about HIS airline is the reuters journalist first.
Now afterwards is funny to see how he ruled out the boeing deal that they finalize next day.

Wings23
22nd Jul 2014, 15:23
Almost end of July with no update.

Recruiting further second officers after informing the current guys in the holding pool in the previous update no SO's required this year and they may advertise for positions that they cannot full from those already waiting? :ugh::ugh:

WTF is going on? Surely someone has some inside info or has managed to get hold of someone in HR.

Anyone?

captain69
23rd Jul 2014, 02:10
Talent pool, ha ha ha ha. Sounds like X-Factor Arabia.

Catalytic Ignition
24th Jul 2014, 00:36
Applied in Apr 2014, Jun got the reply to complete PSA. Received the Invite for the Assessment and Interview in Doha two days ago for early Sep 2014...Anyone else doing the same???

Sorry its for the B787/B777.

palacind
24th Jul 2014, 02:45
I just received an invite for early september but I am trying to change it to end of September. Do you know what the new cognitive test is all about?

Catalytic Ignition
24th Jul 2014, 07:55
I have no clue what the new tests are all about, I will try to source some info and if I get any hits will pm you...Best of luck!

revat
24th Jul 2014, 10:52
Hello guys,

This is my first msg, so sorry for any mistake. Anyway, I'm an avid viewer of this thread and I was wondering if one you could give any sort of suggestion.

I applied as NTSO, and since the old PAT is of the grid now, could you tell me, which one of Skytest would you recommend, the UK one or the Middle east, or none? Since Qatar appears on UK and Middle east package there's my doubt on the choice.
If you know any other....go ahead! :)

Is it fair to say that, I might except between 1/3 months from the time I receive the email with test date from actual dep to doha?

Thks in advance.

freddi16
27th Jul 2014, 16:49
hello everibody,somebody has an idea if qr will resume interview for non type rated fo on the 320 fleet?

cheers

SIDS N STARS
28th Jul 2014, 01:23
I received an email from someone in recruitment a week or so ago, "We have no vacancies for non-type rated First Officers at this stage."

The talent pool email will probably say similar when it comes out. But you never know..

Sgt-Pilot
28th Jul 2014, 14:38
Does anyone have any clue or information as to what are the contents for this test and from where to practise?

Effoh
30th Jul 2014, 09:30
Can anyone let me know how long they were "under review" for 777/787 FO? My application has been like that for almost a month now.

Vmax400
31st Jul 2014, 15:24
Hello guys..
my status nowadays says " Interviewed - Feedback Pending"
can anybody know what it means? and feedback from who?

winterinhell
1st Aug 2014, 01:34
I think u can disregards the status in ur QR job page..i got a joining date but the status is still 'on hold'..

On a different note,it wasnt that long since I joined this forum,but I do got the leisure of not having to scroll back like 300++ pages to get all the info..but then I still did scroll all the way back when I first joined this thread (frankly only once and I did missed a lot of info already discussed) before I start throwing questions..so Im just wondering, if it is so hard for some of us to read 373 pages of discussions, what make u think u can read thru at least once,4 volumes of aircraft manuals with avrg of 700++ page each,1 safety manual and 1 company policy manual with only 3 months in hand..and I do believe,i posted my process from when I applied to when I received DOJ just few pages behind this one..

ManFlex46
1st Aug 2014, 07:14
Hello guys,

to all of you already flying with QR, if you guys could please shed some light on the F/O upgrades to left seat esp. on widebodies? Is the situation really that grim as being portrayed everywhere...that virtually no upgrades for 5-8 years (even for very experienced F/O's) and then if you do get ur one chance, you could be put down in the interview for no reason?

Thanks

migair54
5th Aug 2014, 10:56
New update email.

Very limited people from the pool needed, they need some captains and B787/777 people and type rated guys only. No FTSO towards the year 2015 included.

Next update December 2014.

casablanca
5th Aug 2014, 13:58
Sorry to hear the talent pool update....tough to wait so long and get bad or at least no good news!
@manflex 46...Regarding upgrades.
I am probably not one to comment but from what I have gathered talking to first officers is that it seems to be the intention of the company to upgrade more from within.....I have talked to people in training dept. and they were trying to double or triple the number of internal upgrades. With that being said it is necessary to rely on DECs to a great extent with such fast growth.
It does appear to be a long wait as wide body applicants need 7000 hours for command and 2000 on the airplane or a widebody....so many people are 5+ years waiting for the time.
There are a few horror stories of people who were "interviewed" for a command position and turned down for little or no reason.
I do think Qatar still potentially offers one of the quickest tracks to the right seat for experienced first officers

pilotchute
6th Aug 2014, 00:21
Qatar seem to be intent on MPL second officers and CTC grads. Maybe it's a revenue stream for them? I know they don't need the money but why not hire guys who are willing to pay?

ManFlex46
8th Aug 2014, 06:40
@Casablanca....thanks for the info, cheers!

SIDS N STARS
9th Aug 2014, 03:51
As well as receiving the Talent Pool email, I received an email from someone else in HR asking for an update on hours, copies of licence/medical etc.. even though I sent this to them 2 months ago. Does this mean anything re: fleet allocation, start date, etc..?

ItsMeFromEarth
9th Aug 2014, 09:43
It just means that they are updating the database.
Nothing more, nothing less

N1LNAVVNAV
9th Aug 2014, 20:42
There is a Roadshow this month in a few cities here in LATAM, has anyone recently visited one of this events (anywhere). Any feedback would be appreciated.
What kind of interview? Exam if there is any? And material to bring..

Thank you in advance

3dchauffer
11th Aug 2014, 11:16
Same question here!. Any help at all is appreciated.

cosmiccomet
11th Aug 2014, 12:55
The road show is not an interview/selection process, it is just a company presentation.
The application is still via web and the interviews at DOH.

casablanca
11th Aug 2014, 13:58
As stated above , you apply via website. The roadshow is a recruiting event, but attendance will probably get you an interview much quicker.

3dchauffer
12th Aug 2014, 03:24
Thanks for the answers. I'm guessing not being type rated on the big birds still keeps me out of the airline game.

Wingsoffury
13th Aug 2014, 06:57
Has anyone got the page number of this thread of what happens on the 2 day screening? got as far back as p370

Or can someone update the order of the 2 days screening?

Many thanks

FL123
13th Aug 2014, 10:11
Order of screening -

First day-
1) Written test - 50 questions multiple choice (Capt and FO)
2) Cognitive Test - 4 sections
3) Interview

Second day-
1) Sim

FL123

Vmax400
14th Aug 2014, 07:53
Hi casablanca..
I heard a rumor about a 20% increase on the basic salary and another increase on the housing allowance for QR employees.. Is it true? And did u hear anything about it?

casablanca
14th Aug 2014, 09:36
I feel pay increase is long over due, just to keep pace with inflation here......have heard lots of rumors, but then again have not seen anything on my pay stub yet! I am hoping its true!

gatbusdriver
14th Aug 2014, 12:25
I will only believe it when it's in my pay packet!

Shooting_Star
14th Aug 2014, 12:45
Any ideas how to do the calculations on the cognitive test fast?
Good Maths websites? :sad:
Some don't seem that easy to me :ooh:

PAPI CHULO
14th Aug 2014, 13:13
Hi Everyone,

Got my DOJ couple of months ago for NTR FO. Trying to gather a bit more info on what I should be expecting when going there.

Does any one know after DOJ how long it takes to start the type rating, ground school etc?

And when can we expect to hear something from QA regarding where and when the type rating will begin? Do we get informed about this before the DOJ?

Thanks for the replies!

wolf141
14th Aug 2014, 13:56
PAPI CHULO
I have asked the same question here over and over again but couldn't get any reply.. please share the answer if you get it by other means ( other than this thread)
good luck

wolf141
14th Aug 2014, 14:01
hey shooting,
can you name the cognitive tests like rolling cubes, math, physics, running memory span, spatial orient etc? I have studied for DLR tests and perhaps I can help if they are the same sort.
cu

gatbusdriver
14th Aug 2014, 14:30
I was 6 months NTR to passing my final line check. Can be as quick as 5 and as long as 9 (that is the worst I have heard so far). The sooner you get through the better, as well as more money lots of things in this company are based on date you passed your line check.

Regards,

GBD

Shooting_Star
14th Aug 2014, 14:45
wolf141, as far as I know rolling cubes, maths and memory. any good practice websites? Thank you!

FL123
14th Aug 2014, 15:33
The cognitive test has 4 sections-
1) sequence figures
2) maths test
3) dice rotation test
4) memory test

Total time 1hour.

wolf141
16th Aug 2014, 20:49
shooting. chk your mailbox
it is worth taking a look at skytest software bundle for cognitive tests. I remember these topics in that bundle.
good luck all

Mach_Krit
16th Aug 2014, 21:17
Played this ntso game back in 2006... It was full of sh*t then and it looks to be the same now. Why oh why

rsbessa
21st Aug 2014, 13:47
Hi everyone...

Just to update on my process:

Applied as a Non TR FO 787/777 (3300hrs on 737, 4100 TT) back in march and yesterday I received an email saying I didn't make thru the PSA.

Seems quite confusing ! They look to be crazy after new applicants, but the failure rate still pretty high, even in pre-simulator stages (the same happened to 3 friends of mine with similar experience). Anyway, looks like I don't meet their "psychological profile"...

Maybe in 6 months from now I'll try again (in case I'm psychologically changed :E).

Good luck guys... :ok:

winterinhell
21st Aug 2014, 18:30
Well I did read the post..n to be honest,the pay structure, I mean flying allowance, deadhead on EY,blablabla doesnt really shocked me tho..it is what I get in my current airlines n mind you,im flying a national carrier..and for some of what QR give u,i know some other non middle east national carrier do practice the same..so for me it all really do depends on what u seek by making the big leap to the dessert..be well informed and make well informed decision..after all being a pilot we r trained n expected to be accountable for all our decision and action..so make ur studies b4 u decide to join,do join if u think its a right move and dont whine while u draw ur paycheck every end of the month..it is indeed an open sky out there..middle east is not the only place where u get to fly airliners..and I do appreciate the fact that it is not fairytale out there in the dessert,especially QR..

CDRW
25th Aug 2014, 02:31
Well said Winter

You do your homework and then it's your decision to join!!!

We don't see many posts about a certain airline in the Middle East ! Wonder why? Oh, it's forbidden to write about them!! Talk about iron rod!

FL123
25th Aug 2014, 16:00
I logged in, just to say that..... -- "very well said winterhell !!"
After a long time , good sensible post.

beachbum88
26th Aug 2014, 16:18
Just a quick one, got told I have an interview in Doha in a few weeks for FO 777/787, currently on the 738 in Europe with Europe's so called favourite low cost carrier. I know roughly what to expect from the computer testing side although I did see someone mentioned number sequence! What's that? If anyone has done the sim recently would appreciate a personal message and heads up as to what the approximate sequence was and what they thought of the whole process and Qatar in general. Also if you are a boeing guy, did you do the sim in a boeing or an airbus? Good luck to anyone going soon.

Beachbum

Ethiopia
27th Aug 2014, 14:59
Qatar Airways releases photos of its first A350 XWB (http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/middle-east/item/1435-qatar-airways-releases-photos-of-its-first-a350-xwb)

Vmax400
29th Aug 2014, 19:20
guys I need your help please..
how does the monthly roster look like on the A330 fleet for a first officer?

wolf141
31st Aug 2014, 10:21
Does anybody know where the B-777 TR sims take place lately? I heard London and Singapore. Anywhere else?

Homo Ludens
31st Aug 2014, 12:15
Wolf, buddy, not anymore.
We have now two 777 sims in Doha, and all the training is done in-house.
Cheers!

casablanca
31st Aug 2014, 12:52
@ Wolf....RE 777 sims
London, Singapore, Mumbai, and Dubai have all been used recently.
As mentioned, with the second 777 ,mostly in house, but would expect a few to be outsourced if during busy period.
I had heard once the new sim was running well that they would update the older sim which would take several months.

mugal2000
31st Aug 2014, 12:56
Hi Guys
Anyone knows how long it takes to get your assessment result after you have done the sim ride?

Your feedback is appreciated.
Mugal

FL123
31st Aug 2014, 23:45
Now a days -- within a month!

Panorama
1st Sep 2014, 08:43
Hello.
I've been recently invited for B787 DEC process.
Anyone knows which kind of questions they are asking on the interview? Also, anyone knows the sim profiles?
Regards

wolf141
1st Sep 2014, 10:11
Homo Ludens and Casablanca,

Many thanks for the information.

N4865G
1st Sep 2014, 12:11
Hi, what about 787 sim please?
Is that in-house as well?

Thanks
Dom

casablanca
1st Sep 2014, 17:47
Re: sim profiles and interview....lots of info in last 300 pages here but my advice is "latestpilotjobs.com". They have a paid interview prep with latest info for about 40$

Re: 787 sims.....there are two 777 and two 787 sims in Doha so most of the training is in house....as the 777 fleet is bigger and one sim may be down in future I would expect some of the full type ratings to still be sent out to Sin/ London

blu_stu
1st Sep 2014, 17:55
Hi guys, did any NTSO receive the talent pool email as of 5th August?

FL123
1st Sep 2014, 18:15
Yes many rcvd it. And if you haven't then i assume that its a good news. If you don't get it then your on the list to be called pretty soon. As in you will be getting the offer letter soon.

blu_stu
1st Sep 2014, 18:22
Thank you FL123. I can always pray for a miracle! The last I heard though was in January saying my application would be on hold for one year. So I thought maybe that was why I did not receive it. Some good news would be incredible after multiple years of uncertainty and swimming.

Stu

FL123
1st Sep 2014, 18:51
Check pm please!

FL123

sierra_kilo
1st Sep 2014, 20:18
Hi guys, do you know when QR starts again with FO A320 hiring???

tiesto40
1st Sep 2014, 20:27
Hello guys,

I am in the pool since June 2012 as NTSO. A few weeks ago I had to complete an online PSA test, and the next step will be a cognitive exam.
Is there any information about a possible startingdate?

Thanks

Paparoach
3rd Sep 2014, 06:58
Same here, did the selections as NTSO early 2012, in Talent Pool since then.

Had to complete PSA online two months ago, and I have been invited for cognitive tests in Doha. Let's hope it's a good sign, and that we will get a joining date soon!

Cheers!

istikbalgoklerdedir
3rd Sep 2014, 13:09
Some people got offer on B 787 some of them on B 777 . Same type , same flight hours , how company decide about it ? Which one is more adventageous to fly in Qatar Airways ?:ok:

winterinhell
4th Sep 2014, 05:56
Hi alls..update on my progress to date, just received my working visa yesterday (3/9/2014)..

vitorps87
4th Sep 2014, 13:17
A320 FO TR

Application - july/2013
Interview - dec/2013
Pool - dec/2013 to july/2014
Doj - august/2014 to join on dec/2014
Fleet - A330

Does someone have any sample of A330 roaster?

Godd luck you'all

light and variable
4th Sep 2014, 14:40
When you have finished the FULL A330 NTR course and 24 line training flights, expect:
DH here
DH there
P2 (supernumerary/with two captains)
P2 (supernumerary/with two captains)
DH here
DH there
P2 (safety pilot for Qatari SO)
DH
Etc etc

Sorry

7Q Off
4th Sep 2014, 14:56
Any idea of a 787 captain roster. I want to apply for NTR DEc 787

Obbie
5th Sep 2014, 06:25
They will put you where they need you,
Not where you think you should go.....Don't forget that !

Join only because you want to work here, any type is not important.
Otherwise you like hundreds others will end up very unhappy.

blu_stu
5th Sep 2014, 08:58
As I understand it those who have done the PAT do not need to do the PSA because the PAT was more comprehensive than the PSA.

Can anyone confirm this?

Captain Galactic
5th Sep 2014, 09:27
If you join now as a 320 DEC, what is the timeframe for left seat of a widebody? thanks

carioca
6th Sep 2014, 11:52
Any one from QR can tell about management treatment ?
life wise, is it all about malls and restaurants?
See ya

Metro man
6th Sep 2014, 13:19
Careful what you post.:hmm:

Lawsuit re: salary information - FlyerTalk Forums (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1608882-lawsuit-re-salary-information.html)

FMSPEED
7th Sep 2014, 04:58
Does anyone know if they will hire non type rated Fo's again ? it's been almost 2 years since they've done it..

Flyboy_SG
8th Sep 2014, 19:18
They are hiring NTR FOs for 777/787

light and variable
9th Sep 2014, 05:52
Note that any advertisement for NTR these days usually requires 737NG experience - or above.

They are really looking for modern Boeing pilots.

7Q Off
9th Sep 2014, 09:48
Any example of a B787 Captain roster?

Flyboy_SG
9th Sep 2014, 10:03
Yes, Ill be going sep 15th and 16th. Did you complete it already catalytic igniton?

Catalytic Ignition
9th Sep 2014, 11:31
Hi Flyboy_SG pm sent...

lfbb
9th Sep 2014, 11:45
Captain Galactic, expect 18 to 24 months after your final line check...

ItsMeFromEarth
9th Sep 2014, 13:09
LFBB: Liquid Fly Back Boosters :confused: LFBB: Lange Frans en Baas B :confused: LFBB: Lairdland Farm Bed and Breakfast :confused:
LFBB : Ligue Francophone Belge de Badminton :confused:
LFBB: Laboratory for Fruit Breeding and Biotechnology :confused:

LFBB: Bordeaux FIR :ok:

gottofly
9th Sep 2014, 16:27
Is Qatar going to exercise their remaining 30 B787 orders anytime soon?

Captain Galactic
9th Sep 2014, 22:10
lfbb many thanks for the reply.

v4city
12th Sep 2014, 04:01
Good Day Guys

Any info about SO recruitment application status?

Thanks in advance

jet747
13th Sep 2014, 09:54
When they ask you to do the PSA test ?
When do you get the result ?
Thanks

TopGun 24
14th Sep 2014, 07:12
Hi Folks, have been asked to do the PSA as a part of the Qatar Pilots Assessment programme. Any links / advice on how to get info and do the PSA? Thanks, any advice/ suggestions are welcome.

FL123
14th Sep 2014, 11:23
Go back few pages and you will read about the PSA.
Its just a personality questionnaire. If you pass, you are then invited to give the rest of the assessment in Doha.

TopGun 24
14th Sep 2014, 12:04
FL123,
Thanks, wilco, and also any links regarding the same on the internet?
TG 24

light and variable
14th Sep 2014, 13:32
If you are used to living in the absolute centre of some cultural hub of the world i.e. Paris, Tokyo, Rome, London or New York then traffic will be no factor. You might miss the cultural part though!!

v4city
14th Sep 2014, 14:10
@TG 24

Is your call regarding June 2014 SO application

Thanks and best regards

TopGun 24
15th Sep 2014, 09:12
No it's not,
Regards

Iver
16th Sep 2014, 17:03

Ethiopia
17th Sep 2014, 08:40
Great news!

Qatar Airways receives first A380 (http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/middle-east/item/1528-qatar-airways-receives-first-a380)

Deep and fast
17th Sep 2014, 10:35
His excellency! WTF

Deep and F :hmm:

v4city
18th Sep 2014, 16:47
Good Day Guys

Nobody seems to be talking about the June 2014 SO application. Is something really happening out there or everyone is waiting.

Cheers guys

v4city
19th Sep 2014, 11:29
Are these guys who have been waiting for 2 years been paid?

Obbie
19th Sep 2014, 13:15
Wow, you really don't have a clue do you.

Nice to see you despirate fools are really
doing your home work :ugh:

LQ410
19th Sep 2014, 16:34
Can any one say what the roster for B777 F/O is like at Qatar Airways and also company accommodation availability.

v4city
21st Sep 2014, 14:13
That's ridiculous. Did you guys happen to have any info why are they recruiting more guys when they have already guys waiting.

v4city
22nd Sep 2014, 05:41
Thanks for sharing this info. Do you have info from this inside source regarding how many SO they will be recruiting this year?

brutale
24th Sep 2014, 00:15
I have received an offer letter from the company, can somebody with experience please tell me for how long does it usually take to get joining date?

winterinhell
24th Sep 2014, 17:43
Mind to share more about ur offer letter..I put my timeline from invitation for interview up till DOJ n latest my work visa in a post few pages back..u can get a rough idea from that..

brutale
24th Sep 2014, 21:26
Sure, I got FO 320

Applied April 2014
Interview May 2014
Offer letter August 2014
Ive got the DOJ in meantime (Sept 2014) to join in November 2014

alidkamel738
25th Sep 2014, 20:47
What position you were applying for if u don't mind sharing
Cheers :)

pilot4eva
26th Sep 2014, 05:11
Guys,
Does anyone know if the applications for Second officer(June 2014) will ever be processed?Are they actively recruiting SO's?Has anyone heard from them?

FL123
26th Sep 2014, 05:28
As of now, they wont be processing up the applicants as they have got people in the pool waiting to join.

ManFlex46
26th Sep 2014, 07:30
Hello guys,

Those of you already flying with Qatar...does QR allow using personal iPad etc for Jepp FD in flight, do they provide the jepp key or pilots need to purchase their own?

Thanks

330airbus
26th Sep 2014, 08:12
Anyone got any info about the Pilot Meeting?
Was away and could not attend.

Any good news at all?:E

Hobbsmeter
26th Sep 2014, 22:25
Someone passed this to me. For those who didn't go. .
1. Compensation Package (the most important to many of us);
Unfortunately, the compensation package that was to be announced today was delayed due to "technical issues." However, the package is indeed alive and details will be announced "by next week." The important point is that this package is effective September 1st, so it is already in place.
- There will be an increase in Basic Salary.
- Increase in Hourly Flight Pay.
- Increase in Tuition Allowance.
- The introduction of a "Productivity Bonus" which means if you fly more than 630 hours a year (narrow body fleet) or 735 hours a year (wide body fleet) , your hourly pay over and above those hours will be paid at a higher rate.
- The compensation increment scale, which currently stagnates at 10 years of service will now be revised to go up to 15 years of service initially and probably even higher later on.
- The salary increase will be between 12% to 18% based on rank and time with the company.
- Unfortunately, there will be NO revision to the housing allowance at this time. The company is looking into a "more permanent" solution to this problem which includes the acquisition of more company housing units.
- There will be a revision to the "End of Contract" compensation package to be announced in the near future.
- There will be an increase in the "Loss of License" insurance payout amount.
- There will be consideration given to allotment of standby tickets to retired pilots.

2. Change in Company Culture;
According to the new COO, there will be a basic change in company culture, which includes due process and exposure to a fair decision process before termination is deemed necessary. They are looking to make Qatar Airways a "company that pilots want to work for."

3. Fleet Change & Upgrades;
An A320, A330 or A340 F.O., will be eligible for an A350 or A380 F.O. position, or for A320 guys, an A330 F.O position.
- An A320 or A330 F.O., will only upgrade as Captain to the A320 fleet.
- A Boeing F.O., will only transfer as F.O. or Captain to other Boeing types.
- Unfortunately, Bonds were NOT discussed.
- As you know, the first A350 is expected by year end. It will initially be staffed by A330 guys since the type ratings between the two will be considered as "common." Later on, they will start incorporating the A320 pilots into the A350 fleet.
- The first 5 A350's are earmarked for "European Destinations" and the next five will be assigned "Asian Destinations."

4. Command Development Course Proposal;
The company is looking to implement a new program titled the "Command Development Course." The program is designed to develop eligible First Officers to prepare for their command upgrade process. This is basically how it is envisioned to work.
- When a first officer is within one year of upgrade eligibility, they will be enrolled into the program.
- The first step will be a P.S.A (equivalent to a PAT)
- This will be followed by ground courses aimed at command training.
- All LPC/OPC's from this point on will include an assessment on Command Potential.
- After the program is complete, the candidate will be allowed to take another P.S.A., if the first one (taken at the beginning of the program), was unsuccessful.
- On completion of the training, the candidate will undergo the usual command upgrade process which includes an LPC/OPC, interview board etc.
- Upon completion of all the above, the candidate will undergo their Command Upgrade.

This is all I have for now guys. There were some issues raised during the Q&A session that were inconclusive. The management promised to look into them. These include but are not limited to scheduling (roster), vacations, quality of crew hotels etc.

mmorel
27th Sep 2014, 00:29
when you upgrade from A330 captain to A350 captain ,Do you need to go under bond again?

winterinhell
27th Sep 2014, 05:07
If I may share some info on housing here..from the latest reply I got regarding housing..QR is giving everyone company house starting from ur DOJ and it will be permanent, thruout ur career..all deck crew will be given the same type, ie 3 bedroom regardless of rank, which im not sure apartment or villa..if others have different info please do correct me..thanks..

Paper Lad
27th Sep 2014, 08:09
I, for one, am quite optimistic about the new terms and conditions announced at the recent pilot forum. There seems to be a clear intention, from the new management team, to make QR a much better place to work. Let's hope that it's not a false dawn.

PL.

transport jock
27th Sep 2014, 08:47
Maybe they are forced to improve life at QR because from second hand info I heard, they have lost 100's of pilots lately. Even heard of a case where a crew flew to the UK in a B777 and then emailed QR to come fetch their aircraft because they resigned on the spot...

(Disclaimer : heard from someone who did a interview at another company with 3 other Qatar pilots..)

mmorel
28th Sep 2014, 17:56
I don't see any salary increase for SEP ,Maybe it is effective from October.

casablanca
29th Sep 2014, 03:35
I had heard it would be effective Sept 1st, but as they haven't announced what or how much, I did not expect to see it yet. We will hopefully see some back pay later?
Some of the wording like productivity pay above 735 hours is good but if part of the 12-15% raise could mean that you never really see or realize the full percentage.
At least it sounds like a step in the right direction....

v4city
29th Sep 2014, 08:20
When did you do the test and when was the result out?

Thanks in advance

Effoh
29th Sep 2014, 09:12
Tony, judging by your reaction to failing the PSA, it shows that the PSA did it's job very well!

Effoh
29th Sep 2014, 10:27
Tony I apologise, it was harsh. It must be difficult. But it did look like you were throwing your toys out of the pram. It looks like a great gig so give it another go in 6 months. What's the worst that can happen?

00028EC
29th Sep 2014, 13:36
Tony2F I am really sorry for you. I am pretty much in your situation (2.5 years), but wasn't asked to do the PSA yet. Are you a SO or a NTFO? Thanks.

Iver
29th Sep 2014, 14:18
Cheers Hobbsmeter for the updated info.

Two questions/points:

1. Regarding the first 5 routes going to Europe, I thought QR announced that the first A350 would be used on a JFK rotation? Any word on that possibly changing? I realise routes and fleet allocations change from time to time.

2. I have heard from a few mates that the current 787 positions are largely staffed by former A320 drivers. So, it sounds like you can jump to the Boeing fleets currently from the A320 fleet - but that might change once the A350 fleet starts to build.

SOPS
29th Sep 2014, 14:52
I'm stunned that people still want to come to the Middle East. And put so much time and effort into it.

SOPS
29th Sep 2014, 14:56
And I'm amused apt IVER asking about A350' routes. FFS get a grip, the thing has not even flown in revenue service, and you are asking about routes?

Iver
29th Sep 2014, 15:20
Qatar Airways first A350 due in December, New York first destination - ch-aviation.com (http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/26175-qatar-airways-first-a350-due-in-december-new-york-first-destination)

Geebz
29th Sep 2014, 16:07
I have a friend who was, until recently, a senior A330 Capt. He left QR for a job pays half what he was making in QR. Says a lot about the Qatari lifestyle, which obviously he had enough of by this point.

Regarding the PSA/ Hogan test. What a BS test. My airline uses that for new-hires after HR took the hiring process away from Flt Ops. Nearly every applicant I have helped get an interview didn't pass the Hogan test. These are high-time all-around good guys (15,000+ hrs/ 12,000 PIC). I don't put my name behind many pilots but the ones I do recommend are just the type you want to fly a 3 or 4 day trips with, yet the PSA test states they are "unqualified".

One question I remember an applicant telling me: "When you get on an elevator, where should you stand?" WTF?

Meanwhile, a buddy of mine who has passed every Hogan test ever given to him, studied how to pass it prior to taking it and admitted he worked the system to pass it... IOW, the test is complete BS.

Scott_T
30th Sep 2014, 02:56
Hi all,

I was just on the QR career website, my application for 777 FO was rejected I think because I am short of the 1000 multi crew, I gave it a go as I am only short 30 hours :ugh: thought they might let me away with 30 short but no, I then realised my SO application was incomplete, I completed this and submitted it, although the SO positions are not advertised do you think they still may process my application???

Obbie
1st Oct 2014, 16:30
I think you should stay where you are........:rolleyes:

Greenkiwi
4th Oct 2014, 11:21
Q for Airbus FO..... How many hours are you doing on A320 or A330/340??

freddi16
7th Oct 2014, 10:35
Hello anyone has information regarding the psa test?
Thanks

Ethiopia
16th Oct 2014, 14:02
Qatar Airways first A350 completes maiden flight (http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/middle-east/item/1641-qatar-airways-first-a350-completes-maiden-flight)

samca
16th Oct 2014, 16:19
Hi,

Psa test?, any info?, i have to do It and no info founded.

Thanks

Wings23
16th Oct 2014, 17:32
What position did you apply for samca?

KRUGERFLAP
16th Oct 2014, 19:32
Where'S the Devil Indian Boy tower package for pilots?

samca
17th Oct 2014, 15:06
FO B777/787

handsome one
17th Oct 2014, 17:10
Hi I did the PSA test .How do u know u pass or fail n how long will it take to get the results thks.

chanvin77
17th Oct 2014, 22:30
samca there is a lot of info available on the PSA test on this thread,if you scroll through pages of posts within this year itself.

which month did you apply?

It's been about 3 months since I applied for F/O 777/787 type rated,I got an email asking for an update on the documents I had provided a month back.After that my application status shows "New"..it was "under review" prior to that.Could anybody give me some insight into the same?

Azzurri
18th Oct 2014, 04:00
Hello,

I'm interested to know what the 'layovers' are like in places like London, Paris, and New York for example. I have followed the threads on the challenges of being on this fleet but would like to hear some of the positive things that occur at 'destination'.

At what time of the day do the 777's arrive into JFK, and at what time would you leave again for Doha. Do you guys get to have a little fun every now and then by going into Midtown Manhattan, or Central London for that matter?

I ask as I'm trying to understand the specifics of what a 777 crew does from the time they arrive, and the time they have to be getting back to the airport. I would appreciate any tidbits on the roster.

Thanks so much,

Azzurri

Azzurri
19th Oct 2014, 02:21
Javadreaming,

Thanks for the response; much appreciated. Do you care to send me a PM?...

Azzurri

samca
19th Oct 2014, 10:59
I did not pass their PSA test. It seems that may personality is not what they are looking for. Good luck to the rest.

KRUGERFLAP
19th Oct 2014, 12:56
It'S a game. Play with it .Print each page as you go and finish only after study. You must lie sometimes. It is crucial. But I Think you are lucky to fail. Use the hint for another test like the PSA (HOGAN for example)Something better will come to u . QR sucks big time!Stand up and move on!

dieana
19th Oct 2014, 15:57
Hi, and sorry for my ignorance, I donīt know what is the PSA test. Can anyone send me some information about it?

Thanks in advance!!

samca
19th Oct 2014, 15:58
Hi Kruger. I did the PSA test answering with max honestly becouse I have nothing to hide. I'm proud myself of being like I am

KRUGERFLAP
19th Oct 2014, 16:10
SO keep doing it bro! I am Sorry! This test is nothing related on being honest in your life .If you wanna get in! You need to LIE! Or did you said that you like to be a F1 rider , skydiver? or That you don't like to work in a group? Etc
They ask the Same questions in differents ways 5/6 times. You must study the test!

Best of luck in another test!

samca
19th Oct 2014, 17:37
Yes I said I like fast cars but also I said I like to work as a part of a Team. i think is not bad.

widebody300er
19th Oct 2014, 17:54
Everybody listen to KRUGERFLAP! You should lie because that makes sense idiot!! :ugh: Man where do these people come from???

Flyboy_SG
19th Oct 2014, 19:00
Well Yeah, its complicated.

" Would you like to Party or read a book? "

Sometime I would party and sometime I would rated read. How to put it in? no ways you can.

The selection process was fair though. My ATPL theory test, cognitive tests and interview went well. Flew the A320 spot on immaterial of no experience. But still I didn't make. Got the bad news late. Really don't know what they are looking for or what went wrong.

TPD111
20th Oct 2014, 00:42
Does anyone have any info on the latest bond arrangements for the FO position advertised -

'Fast Track to Command - Narrow Body Fleet'?

so far so good
20th Oct 2014, 05:57
Hello everyone, I am new on this forum.
My application has been under review for more than two weeks, how long does it take to get any news?

Ethiopia
20th Oct 2014, 13:39
Qatar to launch Frankfurt as first A350 route (http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/middle-east/item/1651-qatar-to-launch-frankfurt-as-first-a350-route)

Boeinglad
22nd Oct 2014, 07:49
Hi lads,
Just signed in. Anyone has a b787 sample roster? I'm interested into the DEC 787..

istikbalgoklerdedir
22nd Oct 2014, 12:43
Hi Eccmt ,

I had the same situation as yours. I ve offered LHS position (B737NG) in my current company . But I decided to go for QTR 777/787. (My current company pays well and no bankrupt on horizon , expanding all time) The reason is quite simple I think. You will not fly as FO for infinity . One day you will definetely become a captain. Go for long haul. See new places. Experience different operaitons. Long haul rosters are much more better than narrow body ones. And Qatar will be the only 7 star airline in the world. I also read all positives/negatives things. I will leave my own country. It is more harder. Good luck.

N1LNAVVNAV
22nd Oct 2014, 16:03
Hi there,
I did my PSA a few days ago, the following day got the good news on the result and an invitation to interview with no date, stating that they will get back to me within a few weeks (no rush to me).
My question here is if anyone has received the next text and actually taken the time to fill up a second application requested by them ...Please note that as an advanced candidate you now have access to the QR Group Advanced Candidate Zone (longstory short more s:mad:1t to fill up)

Are the still going with Hire right? Cause I haven't received any questionary from those guys.

Anyway regarding the PSA To me it was easy just stick to your answers and be relax, a beer may help :zzz::zzz:

freddi16
22nd Oct 2014, 16:44
@lnavvnav check your p.m.

davidaz68
23rd Oct 2014, 00:55
Hireright will contact you if and when you succesfully pass the assessement and before receiving the contract.

N1LNAVVNAV
23rd Oct 2014, 17:25
Thanks DAVIDAZ68

Regarding the PSA Again, there are 3 different test made by Hogan you can choose whatever language you like I did it in Arab (kidding):ugh:
1 HPI (Hogan Personality Inventory) about 220 questions (true-False)
2 HDS (Hogan Development Survey) about 180 questions (true-false)
3 MVPI (Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory) about 230 questions (True-False- MVPI - Hogan Assessments (http://www.hoganassessments.de/mvpi-291.html)

Good luck:ok:

TopGun 24
24th Oct 2014, 04:37
Hi Folks,
I successfully finished my PSA on 17Sep and was thereafter on the 22Sep asked to fill up a a) Short form and b) Long Form as a part of the documentation process in the Advance Candidate Zone section. I haven't heard from them as yet though my Status on the Application Process says" Invited for the Interview" without any further progress on the next step.Would any of you update me on this as my patience levels are being tested now.Thanks a lot.
PS:- you could pm me if convenient, Thanks

A320CaptDav
24th Oct 2014, 13:35
Hang in there status saying you have been invited means you will get the call shortly ...

Azzurri
24th Oct 2014, 14:32
Hello,

I would like to ask how many trips a month a B777 pilot could expect to fill up his schedule. Would it be, for example, five long haul flights, with two or three days off in between (back in Doha)?

(I've spent a lot of time researching the thread but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Any comments on how many 'trips' a guy could expect a month would be appreciated.)

Thx,

Azzurri

geronimoapache
24th Oct 2014, 18:50
Azzuri, the number of flights is about right, the only difference being that in between, you often get only 24h, regardless of the direction of the flights. Sometimes you even get only minimum rest, which means arriving at some 6am and takin off 9pm on the same day. You must not forget to add to it 4 or 5 days on stby, from which you have good chances to depart.

As the hours are factorized, and being short on manpower especially for FOs on the 777 lately, you should expect to fly over 100 hours a month these days, plus stby. 130 hours flight time month is not uncommon as well. You will not have more then 9 days off in any given month.

Lets hope a change is coming, because fatigue is becoming an issue.

Azzurri
25th Oct 2014, 06:40
Dear geronimoapache,

Thanks for the quick response; I appreciate it.
Do you guys run the B777's with three guys, or are there four of you? And as an F/O in a heavy crew, do you guys log the entire sector from Doha to NYJFK, for example, as 'Second Pilot'? I ask as perhaps you spend a percentage of the flight out of the RHS and may not be entitled to record the full sector.
(I'm a B738 guy that does some long-haul, but seldom with augmented crews and therefore not too familiar with how Qatar would crew their 777's.)

Azzurri:rolleyes:

geronimoapache
25th Oct 2014, 07:27
On the so called superlong and ultralong flights such as US and AU, its double crew, 2 cpts and 2 FOs. FOs always log only half the time, thats why I mentioned factorized in the post. For Cpts, they log all on one sector, being crew A, and half on the other sector.

Other routes, some 8-11 hours flight time, depending on the start of duty and some other factors, its 2 cpts and 1 FO. You then log 2/3. If only 2 pilots are needed on one sector and 3 on the other, one poor cpt deadheads on the sector (without being paied, an issue presently being adressed).

So on a typical roster as an FO, you may get some 100 hours flight time, but log only 60.:ouch:

I dont know how long this practice will last though, as I heard in UAE its being fazed out. Pls someone correct me if I m wrong.

ItsMeFromEarth
25th Oct 2014, 07:47
Difficult to log rest as flying hours :hmm: however you are paid while you sleep. :} so you are paid 100 in this case :ok:

geronimoapache
25th Oct 2014, 09:55
You are partially right ItsMeFromEarth, but from that perspective its not exactly hard work flying over the ocean on CPDLC neither, is it. One of the two can even take a nap.

I believe you are missing the point though. Its spending all that time up in the air that cumulates fatigue, irrespective if you re at the controls or not. Thats why there are limits on flight time, and most CAAs consider the entire flight as being logged.

At the extreme, you could theoretically spend some 150 hours every single month flying. I would certainly not send my familly with such a crew and I m sure you agree that after a few years like that, the only thing you would need is a coffin.:{

Azzurri
25th Oct 2014, 11:09
Excellent answers Mr Geronimoapache. And thanks for explaining factoring.

By the way, any regrets with 'long-haul' aircraft like the B777?...You raise very valid concerns regarding spending so much time aloft from one month to the next.

PS: I'm considering coming to join you but need to be convinced that it'll be the right lifestyle choice for my wife and myself.

geronimoapache
25th Oct 2014, 12:31
No regrets on the trippl Azzurri. I firmly believe its the best type at QR. The managment has come a long way to improve the corporate culture especially in the training department lately, and it has thus become an overall positive experience. The main concern is the one mentioned above and the hopes run high that it will be solved with the arrival of the new COO.

As for the lifestyle, I would not dare to neither recommend the move or not. The Middle East experience is unique and interesting in its own way. Generally speaking, familly life can be decent in Doha, for singles it is much harder. If you are a positive person, like to interact with very different cultures, and look for new experiences, it might be the right decision. If you lean more toward being conservative, you certainly are taking a gamble. Good luck in your decision.

Azzurri
25th Oct 2014, 13:14
Thanks a million 'geronimoapache'. In spite of the hours I've spent combing the website, it's sometimes difficult to flush out the specifics. My apologies if these questions have been covered before.
Stay in touch if you don't mind.

Best regards,
Azzurri

ItsMeFromEarth
25th Oct 2014, 13:41
You are partially right ItsMeFromEarth, but from that perspective its not exactly hard work flying over the ocean on CPDLC neither, is it
Flying goes beyond RT procedures, what I have noticed is that FOs are the most complaining, may be because flying hours matters for the left hand seat, now, when they are upgrated, it still matters a little, because they want to accumulate time on type, after that they look at the pay, because they have a family in charge.
It is a job, not leasure.........

geronimoapache
25th Oct 2014, 15:35
ItsMeFromEarth, I m not in dissagreement on that point neither. Personnally, I have no problem flying 80 hours and logging 40, when all the the hours are paid. Exceptionally, I can do 100+ hours if the company needs it. But there is a limit on flying, and that limit should be 900hours a year unfactorised! Beyond that, its starting to take a toll on your health and familly life. :=

If someones familly prefers seeing money rather then the guy, he may be happy to fly 130 hours and "being paid" to sleep, but I rather spend more time with the kids and hopefully live all the way to their graduation. For sure it is a job, not a leisure, but there is a reason why flight time limitations exist.

ItsMeFromEarth
25th Oct 2014, 17:42
Pay will not compensate for lost time, and lost time is gone forever. Pay enables quality education leading to successful life. It is a choice, either you act so that kids will love you, or you act to be sure that kids will have a successful life, as far as I am concerned I choose the later, none of my kids wanted to be a pilot, but all of them have an excellent job, own their appartment, and the best is that: they love me. It is just a choice, an expensive one.

istikbalgoklerdedir
25th Oct 2014, 23:00
2 cpts and 2 FOs. FOs always log only half the time when you fly 14 hours . You log 7 hours. Same for the return leg. 3 days trip=14 hours. What actually on B737 , you can log more than 22 hours in 3 days. It seems not that much adventageous ? How many factorized hours 777 FO flies in a year? And can we request 7 days consecutive off days? Thanks.

geronimoapache
27th Oct 2014, 02:34
On the tripl, the only type at QR where the factorizing of hours is really making an impact, for the logged average of some 800h a year, you can expect to spend an extra 200-300h in the air.

For the days off in a row, maximum permitted to bid for is 6. If you are flexible as where to be allocated in a given month, and presuming no other bids are made (ex specific routes), the chances are if not all 6, you will get at least 5 of them, and for sure 4.

istikbalgoklerdedir
27th Oct 2014, 09:16
Thank you so much for the objective response. I m little bit hesitant to join QR , I try to convince myself , but I have fears for taking risks , its not only company changing but also whole environment will change. So I try to collect positive things. As I understood , rosters are very difficult. That was the main prefference for me to fly long haul flights. ( my friends who fly longhaul , execute 3-4 flights in a month). In QTR that situation does not exists? Not written anywhrere but do QR pays 90 riyals/ hour for 777 FO? Can we integrate offs ( 6 end of moths 6 beginning of month total 12)? Can you immediately go for 3-5 days off in case of any emergency that occured in your country?

Thanks again for responses.

The unforgiven
27th Oct 2014, 19:02
Why is the reason Airlines always ask for currency within the last year or the last six previous months like you guys do? As for now, I have 1 year and 3 months out of business, and very excited to come back, but this requirement seems i:ugh::ugh::rolleyes::rolleyes:mpossible to accomplish from me.. can you tell?

The unforgiven
27th Oct 2014, 19:19
I disagree this. A Left seat is a Left seat. there are a thousand jobs for left seaters. few for F/O. better jobs, better salaries, bottom line, once a Captain, always a Captain. I would not turn back a chance for seat upgrade, even to thing bigger. in fact, going for the left seat, itīs thinking bigger, best regards.!!!

Mgggpilot
28th Oct 2014, 06:26
Hi members,

I received below email from Qatar. When I made my application I just attached my documents and there was never those items highlighted in red below.

On top of that, I tried to update my application and clicked 'finish' button and found my application status has changed to 'New'. Is this OK? because this might imply a late application while it isn't the case.
Please help.

Thank you for applying for the position of QR5888 - First Officer Fast Track to Command Narrow Body Fleet | Qatar Airways | Doha .
This email is to advise you that your application currently remains incomplete and therefore cannot be processed by our recruitment team.
Due to change of Question No. 18, please answer again :
Please provide us with P1, P2 hours flown on each jet /turbo prop glass cockpit and indicate the type you are currently flying and date of last flight.
Please click here (http://careers.qatarairways.com/UserLogin.aspx?Relogin=1&CompanyID=72) to login to the Applicant Centre using your registered Username (Email ID) and Password to complete your application or provide the pending information.

Please follow the steps below :

Click Applications
Click Update button under the relevant vacancy
Click on Attach CV or Required Attachment
Attach the required document and click Continue
Complete all other mandatory sections
Click FINISH to submit your application

Mr Boombastick
28th Oct 2014, 17:43
Hi Gents,

Ive had a good look through this thread and still have a few questions...

Re the assessment process in Doha;

I understand Day 1 is the welcome and presentation followed by the Tech Exam, how in-depth is the tech? Will Ace suffice or is it recommended to look a bit deeper and dig the old ATPL notes out?

And then the cognitive tests; Does this include maths tests or is it just boxes and stuff?
Ive bought the feedback from Latestpilotjobs.com however its not great. There seems to be some contradictory info so would really appreciate the low down from someone who's been out to Doha for the tests recently.

Many Thanks for any responses.

rogeriouzz
28th Oct 2014, 21:22
Hi Gents, Ive had a good look through this thread and still have a few questions... Re the assessment process in Doha; I understand Day 1 is the welcome and presentation followed by the Tech Exam, how in-depth is the tech? Will Ace suffice or is it recommended to look a bit deeper and dig the old ATPL notes out? And then the cognitive tests; Does this include maths tests or is it just boxes and stuff? Ive bought the feedback from Latestpilotjobs.com however its not great. There seems to be some contradictory info so would really appreciate the low down from someone who's been out to Doha for the tests recently. Many Thanks for any responses.

Hi Boombs.. About Interview, it is more a friendly chat than an Interview. More questions about your behaviour and problems occurred in the cockpit(DO NOT LIE) and do not say "it never happens to me" for all questions. It is ok for some, but for all questions, they will fail you.
About Maths, it is really a problem. Maths questions do not have an EXACT answer, so, you will choose a "close to" answer from 4 boxed options. Do not expect even the last digit to be the same.
Example:
98721 x 11308 =
a)1011009121
b)1211001019
c)1267080902
d)959010200

Answer is "A". The result it is not exact. Never.(Crazy).

Mr Boombastick
29th Oct 2014, 19:38
Thanks very much for the reply...

Ive had an email saying the process has changed again, not sure if this ridiculous maths test has now been binned.

How long ago did you do assessment?

Id be very interested to hear from any guys who have done the assessment in the last few days.

Thanks again!

Catalytic Ignition
30th Oct 2014, 09:13
Good day everyone...

Just got the good news recently that my application & assessment was successful.

If it helps anyone else in the same boat:

1) Applied Early April
2) PSA completed in early June
3) Assessment & Interview in early September
4) Good news late October

This is for the B777/787 application.

Best of luck everyone...

freddi16
30th Oct 2014, 10:37
About multiple choice tech test same or similar to latest pilot job?
Cheers

Catalytic Ignition
30th Oct 2014, 11:30
Im not sure because I never purchased latest pilot jobs app. However someone mentioned to me that aviationtire was good prep, again I didnt use it but check it out on google might just help.

freddi16
30th Oct 2014, 11:44
Thanks how long it take s to receive the online psa test after you have submit the application form

A320CaptDav
30th Oct 2014, 12:26
Can anybody confirm if the interview assessment has changed .... Ie no math / cognitive test kindly pm

ItsMeFromEarth
30th Oct 2014, 16:36
The new Airline assesnment, is tailored to the new generation, No Math, No Language test.
The only skill test is Super Mario (to be Nintendo qualified), straight to level 11, where you have to collecte 12 Golden mushrooms, and save 3 silver apples. :}

Vmax400
31st Oct 2014, 10:16
Hello..
Guys I want to ask about the new airport operations for pilots, is it easier now compared the old one?

Shooting_Star
31st Oct 2014, 12:36
freddie16, similar fashion to the ones on lpj, although you will not see many questions from their examples. Also note that quite a few answers are wrong!

The cognitive test might dissapear indeed.

Anyone has an idea how long it would take after the offer to effectively move to Doha these days?

320goat
31st Oct 2014, 16:00
Variable feast I'm afraid. Like everything out here!

casablanca
1st Nov 2014, 02:49
@vmax400.......just quick reply to your question but yes the new airport is going pretty smooth and has reduced the congestion and delays.....long overdue!

fjseeker
1st Nov 2014, 11:24
Has any one been to QA for an interview?

Vmax400
1st Nov 2014, 16:01
Thanks alot casablanca, I've heard many complains about the old airport.

B-737
2nd Nov 2014, 14:42
Can someone pls PM me the name and e-mail contact of QR A 320 chief pilot

Thank you