View Full Version : Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

ronburgandy
8th Aug 2012, 09:30
Did you guys with the November update email go straight into the Talent Pool after your interview success notification? When did you interview? Thanks

ironbutt57
8th Aug 2012, 09:58
Nope Interview April, congrats letter May, "waiting for appointment aproval and fleet allocation"....Poolie as of July...no worries for me, whenever they are ready....

Saam-85
8th Aug 2012, 11:54
G-day to you all

I just wanted to share this little thing with you, i finally got the good news today.
Did my interview late June, good news and FD talent pool today and must wait for further details which will be end of August.
I am very happy for now even though i know i have to wait probably longer!

cheers :)

ArmApp
8th Aug 2012, 13:30
Hi, anyone has the interview in the next days please?
Thanks.

Comm
8th Aug 2012, 14:28
Got same email today......in holding pool...next update end of Aug..........
expecting it to be later......much later......just hope they keep me in the pool for however long it takes.

3500 hrs turbo-prop co-pilot......interviewed end of April.

Fingers crossed

iQatar
8th Aug 2012, 14:35
Why do some get a update end of August and my letter that I received this morning says my next update is end of November?

Hfiallo
8th Aug 2012, 15:17
Same email more news late Nov.

Homo Ludens
8th Aug 2012, 15:28
Hey, guys, here are some numbers from the 'inside':
Pilots force as of end of 2011 - 1500 (approx).
Same as of now - 2200.
So they've made their numbers for this year. My guess is, though, this includers the people who got their offers of emploinment/fleet allocation and waiting for joining date. Ergo End-of-August update.
More numbers: people, swimming in the pool - 400.
Simple math dictates whoever is in the pool right now should join (meaning arrive in Doha) by the end of March, early April next year at the latest. That's taking into consideration also people leaving the Company meanwhile.
Bottom line - things are not so hopless as they may seem at the moment.
Good luck to all!
Cheers!
H.L.

daknarr
8th Aug 2012, 18:33
Thanks, H. L.! I got the update this morning too...November for me. No worries as I'm in for the long haul.

iQatar
8th Aug 2012, 18:35
We do understand that due to the uncertain timeframe for holding pool candidates, you may be considering other career options.* As such, please advise us if would like to remain in our talent pool or would prefer to be withdrawn at this stage for any reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Must us in the holding pool now reply to this email to say that we are still interested in a job with QR?

daknarr
8th Aug 2012, 18:44
I did. Just a friendly "yep, I'm still here!".

casablanca
8th Aug 2012, 19:40
Have a friend who started this week on the 777.
He was told that he would probably do sim in November or December, so it sounds like they are backed up pretty bad.

gcc_
8th Aug 2012, 19:42
^
Least he's going to be getting paid till then :)

supersonic75
8th Aug 2012, 21:41
@Homo-ludens thanks for the info ...lets just hope they get their new airplanes with no further delays !! and lets really hope they dont find out or decide or even think that they dont need all those 250 new airplanes ?? that would be a disaster for us ...the ( swimming champions )

casablanca
8th Aug 2012, 23:47
I'm pumping my friend for more info...said they have indicated they are done hiring for this year.(he didn't know if that meant all swimmers or new interviews) If the sims are already booked through December it may be worse case scenario.
Let's just hope another airline doesn't collapse and we go to bottom again!

casablanca
8th Aug 2012, 23:56
I interviewed for Dec- widebody.
I believe if you were not flying as captain at time of interview they would not interview you for Captain position.
I've been in the pool since April but am now facing downgrade In Septeber at current company due to cutbacks/reductions.
Does anyone know if this will effect me?

taz.devil
9th Aug 2012, 06:18
As far as I know from some insiders, if you get a single line on your records showing a RHS, ... you are done...

Might be someone with greater authority/knowledge would clarify further...

Happy landings all.

ironbutt57
9th Aug 2012, 08:18
Does anyone know if this will effect me?

Send them an E-Mail inquiring....to the same person who sent you the congrats letter.....

Some how I doubt it would change anything, as you more than meet/exceed the requirements for the position.....I asked them during the interview if my lack of Boeing currency would preclude a possible 777 assignment, and they said not at all....

agesage
10th Aug 2012, 05:09
My next update will be on November.
I wa interviewd on March.
What an unfair company it is.

I have 6000HRS for FO.
:\

av8tordude
10th Aug 2012, 05:41
A SFO is not a rating. You become a SFO after completing 3 years of employment if you have not upgraded.

Homo Ludens
10th Aug 2012, 07:47
Re SFI:
Currently the TRTO is training FOs for SFIs on the fixed base sims (both Airbus and Boeing). If you have to be an seniour FO to do it, I'm not shure, but I think not.
As for getting your SFI rating before comming here - do not bother. Although a plus in your CV, they'll give you a full training here even if you've been a full-fleged TRE in you previous life.
Cheers!
H.L.

Deep and fast
10th Aug 2012, 14:30
First Officer - Full-time
Intra Gulf-Qatar-Doha
Job Posting:05/Jun/2012 – Job Number: AIR000MB
Job Status: Inactive (No Longer Accepting Job Submissions)
Submission Status: Completed – Updated: 01/Aug/2012
View Submission

Seems the train has come to a halt!

:sad:

gourm
10th Aug 2012, 17:16
I try to summarize the situation in QR holding pool .

We have 3 groups:
-One who passed the assessment signed their acceptance letters, and then received an updated end of July stipulating they may expect delay in DOJ until 2013.
-Second groups, which have been successful, joined the talent pool and now expect update end of August.
-And third one same as above but expect update end of November.

Please correct me if I am wrong?
Anyone know if they made a holding pool list or it is purely randomly?

ronburgandy
10th Aug 2012, 18:58
gourm,

Same thought from me about the 3 groups you mentioned. Although the first group, ie those who have fleet allocation and signed agreement letter appear to have no update timeframe, unlike the other 2 groups. Not sure why as it would be nice to know when to expect some news for those in that group.

I'd like to think the talent pool would be managed on a first in, first out basis. Like BA, where you are given a number and move up the list accordingly as people leave at the top and on to courses. Though I don't have much faith that those with type ratings etc might jump ahead of those who don't!

Does anyone know what the travel benefits for your family are, once joined and you qualify? For example, I think your parents get an ID90? Is this limited to 1 per year or unlimited etc? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

ArmApp
10th Aug 2012, 19:00
Anyone has the interview in Doha soon please?! Is QR still interviewing FTSO?
Thanks, good luck.

CL65Driver1234
10th Aug 2012, 19:37
I heard pilots who have 3000 TT will get the B777, couldanyone confirm??????

Redline
10th Aug 2012, 21:58
A friend of mine (experienced 737 FO) had his interview later this month cancelled...

flyforfood1
11th Aug 2012, 07:30
CL65Driver, not neccesarily, at the time of joining I had 3.5k all Boeing time and didn't get offered the 777. You need wide body time more than anything - if its 3k all n 767 then yes you may have a shot.

I'm sure there are some that did get on it with less (and they will soon chime in here ;-) ) but here nothing is guaranteed.

joserosell
11th Aug 2012, 08:44
Someone with only the pass email?
I explain the situation,
Applied for SOFT in Nov
Screening in Feb
Pass email in March

No other News since then.

Therefore I believe we have another group in QR.No offer letter and no talent pool just the successful email.
If someone in the same position please post me to follow up.
Thanks to eveyone

Ethiopia
11th Aug 2012, 09:56
joserosell, you have a PM

Same situation for me. Applied somewhere in Nov 2011. Interviewed Jan 2012. Good news in March and nothing eversince.

Totally confused and hopeless. Luckily I still have a job, but still dreaming of a position with QR.

flying apple
11th Aug 2012, 09:59
i got the interview in February and my pass email was the same as the holding pool email

SUK
11th Aug 2012, 14:28
In the same boat as u.
Interview in march and pass email in may indicating formal offer and fleet allocation in no more than 2 weeks.now it's 3 months+ and nothing.No pool nor update.

crjflyer12
11th Aug 2012, 22:35
I submitted my application about 2 months ago to Qatar Airways and still waiting for an email/phone call/etc. Are they still interviewing? Wonder when the last interview was accomplished.

Saam-85
12th Aug 2012, 02:07
G-day all,

Just wanna know if there has been anyone through the interview process any time from July till now... If anyone did his/her interview in either July or August, please let us know. I have seen only one post from PilotofDoha who did his interview early July...

As far as I've heard, there hasn't been any interviews going on lately. Just wanna know if it's true or not.

Safe landings all :ok:

Machfive
12th Aug 2012, 06:47
I have a friend waiting for SO training for the last 3 months post induction.There has been a hold on hiring for the last couple of months. Mainly due to the large number of inductees from Spanair on the 320 and a backlog of SO training.

bradders147
12th Aug 2012, 08:00
I had an interview on the 4th of July applied for FO position just been put in the holding pool and an update in November expected! I am not expecting a start date until summer next year as I guess I will be right at the bottom of the talent pool.

salamalikum2
12th Aug 2012, 09:50
Have been told there are 400+ pilots in the holding pool..waiting for a joining date!
So surely the key word must be : patience!:uhoh:

Hamid_27
12th Aug 2012, 15:37
Hi All,

Anyone got a DOJ for early December? Got mine a month ago.

PM Me :ok:

Cheers

overclock25
12th Aug 2012, 20:46
Guys, anybody knows something about near and future positions as Second Officer at QR?

Am I eligible with these requirements?

more than 1000hrs most of them in a single turboprop airplane and almost 2000 TO/landings?

thanks a lot

Global01
12th Aug 2012, 21:50
QR is trying to liquidate a % of pilots from the list since they have no space for the moment until 2013... They are expecting a large number of Auto-layoffs ...lol

Ive heard from a good source that NOV update guys are considered for 2013.

Good luck to every one !!

iQatar
12th Aug 2012, 22:08
They are expecting a large number of Auto-layoffs
What's a auto-layoff?

Global01
12th Aug 2012, 22:21
hehehe i meant drop downs !!! since it was mentioned on the EMAIL ;)

RK303
13th Aug 2012, 09:55
and the italian airline Windjet (mainly A320 fleet) ceased operations yesterday bankruptcy announced..."holding pool"...ready for further delays?:rolleyes:

salamalikum2
13th Aug 2012, 12:11
Having said that RK..QR is NOT the only airline recruiting 320 pilots.
Only here in the gulf you already have 4 options fort those jobless pilots;QR,AA,EY,EK...:)

luvly jubbly
13th Aug 2012, 12:23
What makes you think than any airline bankruptcy would mean further delays for the hold pool?

Spanair went bust because Qatar Airways cancelled their plans to buy the company. There was obviously some agreements in place to take their pilots.

Rgds LJ

ironbutt57
13th Aug 2012, 12:34
Spanair went bust because Qatar Airways cancelled their plans to buy the company.

Spanair went bust because it was in financial ruin..QR decided it was not a wise investment, so they declined.....

upwhereIbelong
13th Aug 2012, 15:34
guess I lost some weight doin all this Pool thing ....:}:}:}

Seriously ,need a Job ,now !!!

luvly jubbly
13th Aug 2012, 21:04
Qatar were in talks to buy the failing company. They didn't go ahead so the company went bust.

Spanair leaves passengers stranded after going bust (http://digitaljournal.com/article/318627)

In those talks there may have been an agreement to interview the workforce.
Seems thier hold pool is pretty full now, so I doubt Qatar will be doing more interviewing in the near future.

LJ
still posting on PPrune since 1999, despite the morons they let on these days....

bradders147
14th Aug 2012, 16:41
I am in the talent pool for Qatar told i will get an update in November! I have also passed the assessment for flydubai and will have a start date before Christmas. what does everyone think i should do? I am very keen on the long haul fleet but i think flydubai would be better on the short haul :confused:

flying apple
14th Aug 2012, 20:33
Personally i have to say go to flydubai.
But that is only so there is someone less in the talent pool :E

I have no idea about the conditions and and the flying at flydubai so i won't be of any help

dash8pilotCanada
14th Aug 2012, 22:01
I would go with with which ever airline can put a contract letter in your hands first.
No point in closing your doors with Fly Dubai just to find out that QR wont be taking you after July, Nov or whenever they say they will.

agesage
14th Aug 2012, 23:11
Of Course,You should choose Fly Dubai.

You may be removed from Qr deep pools.
Nobady knows what will occur on Qatar's holding pools.
They easily changes their minds,so if I werw you,I will go to Fly Dubai.

I envy you so much.
:{

Capt Aviator
15th Aug 2012, 15:55
A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Do not throw away surety for unsurety.

Capt Aviator.

Black Pudding
15th Aug 2012, 17:22
I would wait until you get a start date with FD, then I would call Q and tell them and ask for a def start date. I would much rather work for Q than FD without a shadow of doubt. On the other hand, can you not apply to Emirates or Etihad ?

upwhereIbelong
15th Aug 2012, 22:13
i dont get this anymore ...
how can people getting a DOJ which were
1.) interviewed aft me
2.)rewcieved good news ,LOE aft me
3.)less hours
4.)same fleet

Is it just a everyday quiz or any system ...

Sorry but Im getting little now unrelaxed ...
:bored:

UP

khnzore
16th Aug 2012, 00:09
Maybe Qr is starting to do what Emirates does, call poolies based on their performance on their interview, and not based on the date that they received their good news or interview date.

Tritzo
16th Aug 2012, 06:44
anyone else waiting since last november? im still in the pool as far as i know, but im waiting for like 10 months now. ntso.

ADY
16th Aug 2012, 06:46
They have just removed the vacancies for captains and FOs from their site.....

Comm
16th Aug 2012, 11:38
Yes i have seen that too on their careers webpage.

And the 40 years old max age when joining.

Seems strange they would only advertise for fast track SO's.......

Hmmmmmm.

Hope they are not too strict on the age either......

groundtoflightdeck
16th Aug 2012, 12:04
I'm still showing SFI, wide/narrow capt, FO and SO- Fast Track on the jobs page....

South Prince
16th Aug 2012, 12:30
From Qatar airways website 5 min ago:

This list includes all jobs currently available within our organization.
Jobs per page:

Sort by

Synthetic Flight Instructor
Requisition ID - FLI00062
Job Posting - 25/Mar/2012

Apply

Captain - Narrow Body
Requisition ID - AIR000M9
Job Posting - 04/Jun/2012

Apply

First Officer
Requisition ID - AIR000MB
Job Posting - 05/Jun/2012

Apply

Second Officer - Fast Track
Requisition ID - AIR000MD
Job Posting - 05/Jun/2012

Apply

Captain - Wide Body
Requisition ID - AIR000LW
Job Posting - 10/Jul/2012

Apply

Comm
16th Aug 2012, 12:49
Very true- just on their first page it only mentions SFI's and SO's.

Not sure why that is.....

Anyway i will continue swimming in the pool.

Hope to turn up one day in sunny Doha. :)

speedhold
16th Aug 2012, 12:52
Hi guys ,
Quick question I interviewed in FEB got my pass email 2 weeks after that and then returned and signed the contract in MAY asking for a DOJ of OCT 2012. I did not get any pool email and I have been able to confirm this from HR that my name is not in the talent pool. Is there anyone in the same situation as me.
Applied F/O direct entry
Fleet A320 assigned .

Thanks

MAVERICK42
17th Aug 2012, 01:04
Hi all.

From QR global website. 2 minutes ago, careers section, flight deck section :

Only FTSO and SFI request.

From QR Malaysia website : all positions available.

What else !

Gear down.

ArmApp
20th Aug 2012, 19:02
Anyone has the interview soon?

jeanpaul172
21st Aug 2012, 11:09
Hi guys,

Any idea if recruitement for FO's and FTSO's / NTSO is still going on (on a very low frequency). What numbers are needed for 2013?? Again 700 pilots or much less? Hope all talent pool guys will be placed.

groundtoflightdeck
21st Aug 2012, 17:30
Is there a flow through of pilots from Qatar Executive to Qatar Airways at all?

datdude
22nd Aug 2012, 03:00
Good friend that joined early june on the A320 tells me DOJ assignments will resume towards the end of the year. Hang in there fellas cause I'm in the same boat.

datdude
24th Aug 2012, 13:41
From my understanding you either get hired to the Exec side or airline side. Benefits are almost identical and but I'm not sure if guys go back and forth.

FMSPEED
25th Aug 2012, 22:04
How about time to upgrade to the wide body fleet from the 320 FO seat... Does anyone have any idea about how long ?

datdude
26th Aug 2012, 02:50
Friend of a friend that's been there just a little over three years on the A320 is going to 777 class this November but still in the right seat though. Another friend of another friend that's been there just under four years also A320 FO is in upgrade class on the A320. Looks like one wanted the PIC turbine while the other preferred widebody type but still as FO. To each their own.

flyforfood1
26th Aug 2012, 07:54
Depends on requirement, possibly 2-3 years, but then expect another bond.

flying apple
26th Aug 2012, 20:48
does anyone have a link to a website where you can see which fleet flies to where?
i found one when i was preparing for my interview but i cant find it anymore
it also had the destinations for the subtyp's (at least 320fam)

FL123
26th Aug 2012, 21:45
go to The Qatar Source (http://www.theqatarsource.com)
click on Qr tracker and then route tracker :ok:

SmilingKnifed
27th Aug 2012, 20:18
Excuse the thread drift chaps, but is anyone else flying out from the UK next Tuesday (4th) for selection?

Check Airman
27th Aug 2012, 22:44
In addition to standard upgrade requirements, Widebody Command Upgrade requirements are:

a) 6500 hrs
b) 2000 hrs are flown on aircraft in excess of 100,000kg (A321 is about 93,000kg mtow)
c) 1000 hrs and 2 years experience on the fleet for which the command upgrade will take place

So an A320 CA would have to go back to being a WB FO before becoming a WB CA?

Check Airman
27th Aug 2012, 22:45
Excuse the thread drift chaps, but is anyone else flying out from the UK next Tuesday (4th) for selection?
I won't be attending, but what position did you apply for?

Iver
27th Aug 2012, 23:49
Have QR started the training of A320 FOs into the 787 yet? Obviously the Boeing delays don't help with training schedules... :mad::}

ArmApp
28th Aug 2012, 13:11
Anyone knows the bond if you join the A32O fleet with previous experience on it pls?

Non rev
28th Aug 2012, 20:35
Out of JFK on 24th for what? Career Fair?

migair54
29th Aug 2012, 12:11
Anyone going on 10th Sept??

I heard that they have more than 300 pilots on the pool, how long will it take to clear this, and, are they hiring as much as before??

thank you

flyforfood1
29th Aug 2012, 16:20
ArmApp, at the moment you'll do a CCQ the bond is 24 months at $30k, you'll pay 50% of it back for the first 12 months (equal deductions from salary) and then after the 24 months get all 100% of it back.

Daft Wader
29th Aug 2012, 17:15
Believe first F/O's from A320 started B787 Course last week
May the farce be with you
Daft Wader
:D

victor75
29th Aug 2012, 20:33
Someone has his DOJ the 16th September?

jeanpaul172
2nd Sep 2012, 16:12
I recall some guys were promised to get 'the end of August update'.
Anyone got this update already?

cheers!

Iver
2nd Sep 2012, 18:00
Thanks for the 787 update Daft Wader. I am sure those A320 pilots are excited about the new technology and more longhaul flying opportunties. :ok:

Saam-85
3rd Sep 2012, 00:35
Same promise "end of August update" but nothing yet! Anyone else at the same page!?

Cheers

Inno
3rd Sep 2012, 08:45
News for all pilot in the talent pool.. they will start to call again from feb 2013..:ok:

flying apple
3rd Sep 2012, 14:27
and who/what is your source Inno?

chrislikesblue
3rd Sep 2012, 16:43
This is definetely not good news for me Inno. I couldnt afford to wait that long without a job,I have to start looking for one. But how you know that information anyway? did they send you email?

thib017
5th Sep 2012, 13:57
Don't worry guys, they're just overbooked! guys who arrived a few month ago for the 320 won't start their training before november! just be patient!
the good news is that they still need pilots!

Saam-85
5th Sep 2012, 15:33
Good day all,

Got the same update as Lecm's. Applied for NTSO, passed the selection and been in the pool for approx a month.

Happy waiting to all :)
Cheers.

flying apple
5th Sep 2012, 16:50
about the guys who already are there and won't start their training till november

are they getting paid?
and is it possible to do observation flight while you are there?

thib017
5th Sep 2012, 17:07
yes and yes ;)

sqn012
5th Sep 2012, 21:47
made redundant Aug 2011, applied Oct 2011
selection 7 Feb 2012
good news march 2012
offer 9 april 2012
holy miles email in June
30th July : email stating that I am placed on talent pool
no news until now.
Still jobless with a 3 kids family.
no valid type rating now

I understand that preference is given to airline experiences rather than mil jets or business aviation.
life is tough.

fingers crossed for 2013. Otherwise I don't know how my family will eat next year ...

sqn012
6th Sep 2012, 21:07
please read the previous pages (end of June)

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/288896-joining-qatar-airways-qr-all-you-need-know-about-threads-merged-263.html

Trampdave
7th Sep 2012, 08:07
Similar situation, similar dates, only absolutely no news whatsoever since the signing of the offer in may (besides confirmtion of the acceptance). No replies to e-mails either :oh:.

A bit disappointed, at least a little "we know you´re still there, give us two or three more months pls" would make a huge differnce in perception.

Meanwhile refusing less tempting offers, hopefully not regretting it later on. Anyway... Anyone knows if an expired IR is a problem upon joining?

StreetCrazy
7th Sep 2012, 12:58
Probably a very stupid thing to ask. But I really want to join Qatar. Problem is in just about to start my pilot training. Think I'll only finish by 2014 (hour building included) any idea of I stand a chance to get into Qatar as a second officer / first to build my way up? Thanks.

davidsata
7th Sep 2012, 13:30
Hi lads!
Does any body know how Many days before an interview HHRR notifies You of your flight to Doha ?

I applied a few months ago and arranged the interview for 2nd officer fast track on sept 17th ( 10 days to go) and still without any News of the flight to DOH

Any recommendations ?

bond737
7th Sep 2012, 14:48
Recommendation(for whatever related to Qatar Airways from now..) :
Patience is the key!

They will send you flight+hotel details approx 3-4 days before interview.

All the very best!

chrislikesblue
7th Sep 2012, 20:23
Finally got the email of update,im still in the talent pool until end of November when I get a new update. Also that email seemed a bit cold,almost like 'we dont want u here at this time but u can wait if u want or find another job' . Anyone has any information from inside? How long this recruitment holding will last? And the ones who are holding are we expected to start when they tell us to start? Or they could be flexible with the dates?

speedhold
7th Sep 2012, 22:24
Did. u get a update today by email ? I didn't get anything

MD83FO
8th Sep 2012, 05:51
most of the spanair pilots are failing so dont lose hope

B767PL
9th Sep 2012, 03:50
Hey guys. Has interviewing also stopped completely for the time being? Or are interviews still taking place?

What is the reason for the slow-down in hiring? There are still loads of A/C on the way for QR.

Best of luck to those waiting on news.

FL123
9th Sep 2012, 14:47
Hey guys. Has interviewing also stopped completely for the time being? Or are interviews still taking place?

They are still taking place. Slow rate!!

What is the reason for the slow-down in hiring? There are still loads of A/C on the way for QR

*SOs who are inducted are been kept on hold (line training). Currently chances are given to Capts and FOs.
*lots of pilots who have passed the assessment, have been placed in talent pool.

So the people who are in the company they need to move first and then the talent pool will start clearing. Once the talent pool starts to clear then the recruitment will be again at its peak. Most of the delay is on 320.

As said loads of times--- ***PATIENCE IS THE KEY IN QR***

B767PL
9th Sep 2012, 16:29
Thanks for the reply FL123.

Are they taking pilots off the A320 and upgrading them to other aircraft as more airframes pile up? Wonder what A/C the talent pool will head for.

Is there a website or link anywhere as to the delivery schedule of QR??

Cheers !:ok:

FL123
9th Sep 2012, 17:09
Are they taking pilots off the A320 and upgrading them to other aircraft as more airframes pile up? Wonder what A/C the talent pool will head for.
yes, most pilots from 320 to 787.
regarding talent pool - it depends on the no of hours and rating for 777. But, low hours get onto 320 or sometimes 330.

Is there a website or link anywhere as to the delivery schedule of QR??
You mean the delivery schedule of 787? I dont know if there is any though.

MidRange
9th Sep 2012, 18:09
HI everybody, I applied with QR in January 2012 and received a mail from HR in July, I should send them a Paper which states my ATPL subject results.
I uploaded this form into my online application account with QR and since then never heard anything back from HR. For your info: all ATPL Subject have a 80% or higher and passed the first time.

Does anybody know what happens now and how long an invite will take?

Thanks for your post and replies!!!

whatelse
9th Sep 2012, 18:53
Hi guys,

One question please: when you update your online application form, do you receive a confirmation email from QR or not? I had a confirmation email when I first applied and after a couple of months I updated the application but did not receive any email to confirm. Is that normal?

cheers.

upwhereIbelong
9th Sep 2012, 19:12
as mentioned before it takes time

myself was also asked for this results ,sent them--> took them 4 months to give me then my result of the Interview.
Anyway still have strong believe all will be ok and soon or later they will call us back .

cheers
Up

iQatar
9th Sep 2012, 20:07
@MidRange
I applied Nov 2011. Dec 2011 HR asked for MCC and ATPL results 89% average ( I know its very average) with 1 repeat. In mid Feb I was invited for a interview. So, 2 months & 1 week after I have submitted the results online before I got the invitation.

Stick35
10th Sep 2012, 08:00
@whatelse

Everytime if i log in my account, even without updating it, i always get a confirmation mail.:ugh:

But my hope is dead.

sun-wing
10th Sep 2012, 10:00
Hello MD83 FO,

If you think that 5 Pilots from 120 is "MOST" of The Spanair Guys are failing... You are right. Any way, some of then didn't get The RP because X-Ray problems.

Best Regards

MD83 said:

most of the spanair pilots are failing so dont lose hope

upwhereIbelong
10th Sep 2012, 10:42
x rays ,Problems ????
well dont want to sound stupid ,but dont they also medical in Spain ???

This whole Spanair think annoys me ,simple fact is ,next big opening in Spain all wanna go home .
Its a Job Nomad thing I guess specially in the Airline World ,little movement ,one company closes next opens -->just use the same people ...
Or they take the ones paying for themselves to fly .....thats the Rookie intake ,mix it with few Ladies and youre all legal and noone can blame your hiring Culture.

Thats what i like here in Qatar ,you get a chance ,they look at you and give you a opportunity to develop yourself .I hope this will not get destroyed by some smarta$$$ in a Department who comes up with saving by just using typerated Guys .

Let the beating begin ...

cheers
UP

transport jock
10th Sep 2012, 11:49
Hi guys,

One question please: when you update your online application form, do you receive a confirmation email from QR or not? I had a confirmation email when I first applied and after a couple of months I updated the application but did not receive any email to confirm. Is that normal?

cheers. I have the exact same as you. No emails or anything whenever i update my online application

Redline
10th Sep 2012, 13:59
I really don't think that the sniping at the Spanair guys is meant as maliciously as some are taking it... It's no secret that elements of the recruitment process have been poorly executed.. And that there are potentially hundreds of highly qualified professionals around the globe sitting on the backsides being starved of information about something that is quite frankly an enormous undertaking..

It's not a decision to be taken lightly.. People in some cases moving their families away from everything they hold close (Spanair pilots included).. others its a big big step up career wise..

Myself.. I get asked a couple of times a day 'Any news from Qatar?'.. My boss asks me..My kids ask me..I get asked at the school gate dropping my kids off... Even my landlord.. It's a colossal mess..

I feel for the guys (and girls) that are out of work.. but I don't blame anybody, not Spanair, or Qatar Airways.. there's no deliberate campaign to p##s pilots around the world off.. No calculated agenda.. It's just very unfortunate..

:E a bit more info from QR wouldn't go amiss though

Flyer1015
11th Sep 2012, 05:34
x rays ,Problems ????
well dont want to sound stupid ,but dont they also medical in Spain ???

You do realize different countries have different medical standards? For example, I can hold a FAA First class medical but by UK CAA standards, I could only hold a third class medical with my medical issue. I have doubts I could hold a QR first class medical too. The real problem here isn't the medical issues of pilots. The problem is that Qatar doesn't do the medical exam a part of the interview process like Emirates does. By having the medical taken care of as part of the interview cycle, you can find out right away that something is a problem. Right now, I could get hired at Qatar, get a class date, quit my job, leave my home country, come to Doha, and then find out my medical condition is actually unacceptable by QR standards. The problem here isn't the pilots.

This whole Spanair think annoys me ,simple fact is ,next big opening in Spain all wanna go home .
Its a Job Nomad thing I guess specially in the Airline World ,little movement ,one company closes next opens -->just use the same people ...
Or they take the ones paying for themselves to fly .....thats the Rookie intake ,mix it with few Ladies and youre all legal and noone can blame your hiring Culture.
Huh? Why does that annoy you? They are Spaniards who feel forced out of their employment, voluntarily or involuntarily, and are pursuing opportunities elsewhere to keep their families taken care of. Their family ties are in Spain, not Qatar. So yes, if a better opportunity opens back up in Spain, then they will bail, as they should! Family and home is most important.

Thats what i like here in Qatar ,you get a chance ,they look at you and give you a opportunity to develop yourself .I hope this will not get destroyed by some smarta$$$ in a Department who comes up with saving by just using typerated Guys .
So what if they hire type rated guys only? That is usually almost an external factor in hiring, predicated on the industry's status as a whole. Have a lack of qualified pilots applying or coming through your door, then the company is apt to take non-type rated guys. Or have a glut of pilots who are out of work with plenty of Airbus or Boeing time, and the company can then require type rated pilots only. It just depends. I don't get why that makes you upset?

sqn012
11th Sep 2012, 07:17
Redline,

same situation here in Paris : have been asked many times by people around me "so you are still there ?!...". Every morning at the school gate : "When do you plan to leave finally ?". Answer : no idea !
French Expat generally work for petroleum companies like TOTAL, and have attractive package. They are not immigrants in Qatar but just expats for 2/3 years. They have very good salaries and nice houses close to west bay. So people around me don't understand why I have no clues about QR. Both schools of my children are really confused about what I tell them. I initially told them that we would leave on June. Still there in September, and I think still there in January, or worse, never called by QR. Qr has changed his recruitment process. Harder and longer. Too many people failing I have heard. They think the recruitment process was not sufficient. So what will happen to all of us on the talent pool who passed with the old process ?

I have 3 kids including a baby of 4 months. Not that easy to plan the big move to Doha without any info ! And I guess (hope) they will send me a small email one day saying "Your DOJ is xxx. (in 2 or 3 weeks)" !
My wife is nervous. Every day is a challenge. Jobless, no money, long waiting from QR. Do I have to pay another type rating without any real plan and a critical financial situation ? At least I have this plan to Doha. We are very motivated because aviation in France is completely dead. AF is not recruiting a single guy since 2008 and talk about redundancies today. They have a crappy plan until 2015, which is supposed to save the company. But nothing really serious have changed. BA has changed (the contracts and sometimes the salaries). LH as well I think. Will AF change seriously someday ? Not good for French jobless pilots. This is roughly the only solid and attractive company group in France. Not like in Germany or the UK where we can find other companies like German wings, Air Berlin, Easy Jet, Ryanair, Virgin, BMI ...etc
I am ready to relocate anywhere in Western Europe with my family, but nobody wants me without any experience on type. So let's wait for QR, the only chance in the World for untype rated guys ...

I have a friend who paid his 320 type rating last year. No job at the end. He is still jobless. He was looking for something in Vietnam. They are finally not interested in his profile because many guys have some experience on type in the world. And they prefer to hire foreign experienced captains, and train their local copilots (asian ones). So useless to pay a new type rating.

Aviation is definitely becoming completely crazy today. Too many young guys ready to PAY for flying in a company and buy some block hours !!! Is there any other job like this ...? I doubt. Paying to work and build at least some experience ! But what about their personal life ? How do you get married and grow up children with this kind of life ?...

The myth of aviation is dead. There are some old companies still very attractive (major ones), struggling to stay competitive. And new ones (mainly low cost), who give some jobs to all jobless pilots in the world (Asia and ME companies).

Employed guys work like hell and are bored flying, when jobless guys struggle to find a job. What a stupid situation.

Well, finally pilots are the same than yesterday. Let's meet in Doha one day, and keep aviation spirit alive (if any ...) all together around a beer.

Just my personal current vision of today's Aviation.

Flying since 1990.

iQatar
11th Sep 2012, 07:35
Can somebody please post a link to the flightdeck career page. I cannot find it on qatarairways.com ( from the UK ). Is it worth to update your application if you are already simming in the pool? I have flown about 350 hours since the interview and IR expire date has change. Thank you.

B767PL
11th Sep 2012, 15:03
Well said sqn012.

Flying is becoming slowly only for those who want to sell their souls for it. The reward....... is there even one anymore?

Stick35
11th Sep 2012, 17:33
@b767pl: it is not only about selling your soul. I'm also prepared to pay my rating for 737/a320. The reason? I'm 36, heading to the 40's. I need a breakthrough cause soon ( or maybe im already) you are too old. And if paying my rating can be the solution, well so be it. Im stuck in bizz aviation. Guess what: it is a job not a career!!

ironbutt57
11th Sep 2012, 18:29
passed but did not accept employment.

From what I understand if one declines a class date offer then it's game over...permanantly...

jeanpaul172
11th Sep 2012, 20:55
Sqn, First of all, the major part of your post well said.

The part I don't agree with is the part about the selections. As far as I know the selection still consists of a written test, interview and sim and all on the same day. Which part in your opinion has gotten more difficult? And what takes longer exactly? I believe that information is not true. Don't get me
Wrong though, I believe that the process was indeed short and not too difficult, I just dont think it has been changed.

Ps: If im wrong, and it indeed has been changed, please can anybody explain the new selection system?

Cheers guys! And goodluck!

sqn012
12th Sep 2012, 06:29
I have been told that the selection process had changed in July this year. So it is quite new. You probably did the selection, like all of us, well before this change.

"To Be Confirmed" of course...

Kgn6
12th Sep 2012, 16:38
I logged on the QR website to update also and noticed that not only are the Pilots positions not offered anymore, but I can't even log in to update my application???? I've been hearing the same things about the failiure rate, but I have been told not to worry about the updating if you are in pool or on shortlist to be called.

Stick35
13th Sep 2012, 06:52
Correct, you can not update your profile anymore. Says enough though.

upwhereIbelong
13th Sep 2012, 08:39
But isnt it good if they stop recruiting and finally work off the Pool?

speedhold
13th Sep 2012, 16:32
Well it looks like they are not advertising for flight deck crew ....anybody see this

B767PL
13th Sep 2012, 17:32
Seems the whole career page on their website has changed, since the last time I checked anyways, and I also cannot find Flight Deck positions available. When I try to search for it, it comes up as no vacancies for that position.

Wonder what other changes will be coming along with this one.

transport jock
15th Sep 2012, 00:09
yeah... cant find my application anymore on the website.. when i go to the "check your career flight-status" section and try to log in, it doesnt recognise my email/password combination i used for my original application either..

wonder if they are going to put in place a new online application form, or they just wiped the database clean...

ironbutt57
15th Sep 2012, 05:11
If you're in the pool then updates not required

Andrexxx
15th Sep 2012, 11:47
Hi guys,
Any type rated FO passed the interview and got a joining date being unemployed by more than one year? This (frustrating :ugh:) waiting in the pool is bringing a lot of pilots to the lack of "recency"... Could it compromise the hiring process?
Cheers :ok:

upwhereIbelong
15th Sep 2012, 12:41
if youre typerated why u dont try other Solutions if you cannot wait anymore ,I know its hard ,but with a 320 330 rating (I just assume u have those) theres plenty advertisment in Far East .For Record Pay .

Just an Input .

Also ,even me ,the most unrelaxed person when it comes to waiting ,has learned to just wait for it ...

Things will move soon ,Inshaallah!!

UP

Andrexxx
15th Sep 2012, 13:11
Thank you UP... Unfortunately all the companies I tried to contact said that I need last flight within 6 months! My point if this could be the same requirement with QR at the time they will give me a joining date.. If they will!!!
Thanks again :)

330airbus
15th Sep 2012, 15:47
Nice first post onedollar. :ugh:

Tell us more about why they got terminated then?
Plenty of people here including myself are very happy.
Do your job, what you should be doing anyway, and have no problems.

Guys Seriously don't listen to such ridiculous comments.

B767PL
15th Sep 2012, 16:18
One dollar, please expand? Why the terminations?

Also I wonder if the requirements at QR will change after they bring back the hiring page again for flight crew, and if the FTSO position will still be there. .

Firegoofy
16th Sep 2012, 06:20
@onedollar

I have only one question.

Give me one reason why people don't execute a go-around when they are unstable ??

A go-around is like a "reset" and will not be punished. Further if you adhere to the OM-A you will have a good life!! SIMPLE, isn't it ?

Homo Ludens
16th Sep 2012, 09:41
Ooooh, the PARANOIA!
And WHAT grey areas?
It is black on white: If in doubt - GO AROUND!
And then you fill an ASR, go home and NOBODY will call you. Been there, done that. Many times.
You can not live your life in fear!
Cheers!
H.L.

gcc_
16th Sep 2012, 17:51
Onedollar,

Was your friend given a warning the first time something went wrong? Just genuinely wondering.

Black Pudding
17th Sep 2012, 00:02
So the one he knew of, was what ?

upwhereIbelong
17th Sep 2012, 09:23
For me its a great opportunity become team of a company with new equipment and good people.
I just want to know my DOJ !
Cheers

jeanpaul172
17th Sep 2012, 10:39
Guys! Anyone knows what is the future of the talent pool? Will we all get called in due time? And has the selection really changed like was mentioned earlier? Cheers

planoramix
19th Sep 2012, 11:50
Since my joining date at QR it has been a positive experience.
Training was very slow but then it gave me more time with my kids which, by the way, love it here.
Now on line and flying a lot I abide to the rules and have nothing to be stressed about.
Nice working environement.
:ok:

captain.weird
19th Sep 2012, 14:47
I'm glad to hear the goodnews man!

On which fleet do you fly?

casablanca
19th Sep 2012, 20:36
I was wondering, as it was mentioned earlier that many 320 first officers were transitioning to the 787, are they also transitioning captains from 320 or are most coming from the 777?

SkullFlyer
19th Sep 2012, 21:56
I heard about some people that should go to the 777 but when signing contract they ofered the A320. This still happening ?
I am a 767 pilot with screening scheduled for October 29. I want to go to the 777 but I am afraid lo leave my job and then they offer the A320, wich I really don't have interest.
In addition, can someone give some update about the screening process ? Than you.

airline man
20th Sep 2012, 04:57
How witty! You seem to be such a happy person Ajax!

dash8pilotCanada
20th Sep 2012, 14:20
Skull flyer,

If you read through this forum, you will see that it has happened to many people before: (Applied for Widebody and Given Narrowbody, even after joining). Its all based on which fleet they need pilots on, not based on your previous experience.

Iver
20th Sep 2012, 14:33
Skull flyer,

They have a choice and you have a choice. Tell them 777 or 787 or no deal (if asked). In any interview, explain your prefernce and why a heavy Boeing slot makes sense for them and you. May not work, but you have heavy Boeing experience and both of those fleets are growing. They may say no and then EK and the other big UAE carrier become better options. I still think Emirates is probably the better way to go from an overall package if you ever had the choice - but others may disagree. Apply to the big 3 if you want the ME and roll the dice. The Qatar HR group has been an utter disaster with poor communication and a disorganized process. From what I have been hearing, don't be surprised if things go silent for long periods and don't expect Western standards of communication.

Good luck

flyforfood1
20th Sep 2012, 14:39
I would think with 767 experience its more than likely you will go 777, especially if your coming from the USA, as the system there to get into these positions usually means your overall experience is generally higher than those in a similar position coming from Europe.

Just for your info and a little background, those that were told they would be on the 777 and ended up on the 320 had Boeing experience yes (some widebody, some not), however their overall total time was around 1500 hours (and less) in some circumstances, that tied with a spate of heavy landings on that fleet mean't they re-evaluted where guys ended up, some 320 some 330, again dependant on total hours.

At the time it seemed to be around 3K total and over went wide body those under went to 320, not everyone but most. Also factored into this was the massive delay in waiting for the simulator (3+ months) to complete type ratings, they needed guys elsewhere so changed them, fair enough in my eyes, some guys felt screwed over and for some rightly so, as they were promised one thing, gave up their position in a comfortable company and then once arrived were given another and yes that does hurt!

Nothing is a given here, sometimes its luck, but there are no guarantees!

chrislikesblue
22nd Sep 2012, 04:45
Regarding the validity of the Qatar assessment how long is it? I have a big dilemma now whether to find a job while waiting for Qatar to call me to join (hopefully soon) or stay unemployed without knowing if and when I will join . I think the safest action would be to find a job but then if Qatar call me would i be able to postpone the DOJ?

perritopiloto
22nd Sep 2012, 07:16
Hello Chrislikesblue.
If you haven't received DOJ I guess best option is trying to find a new job, just in case it takes longer. (I got a new one and DOJ 2 days after, but could have take longer)
Just my opinion

jeanpaul172
22nd Sep 2012, 07:32
Chris,

The validity of the assesment is also one of my major concerns. Yet no one is able to give a definete answer about it. I called their HR department and they told me: the assesment remains valid until further notice. I do hope we will all get called. Im waiting sice early 2012..

Tritzo
22nd Sep 2012, 10:39
waiting since nov. 2011... talent pool. hope well get called soon

chrislikesblue
22nd Sep 2012, 15:16
Thanks for sharing your views guys. I am thinking the same way,that it would be better to get a job and have some income until Qatar call me. But as I have read some rumours they might start calling people to join in February. If i manage to get a job now it would take around 3 months or more until i start flying ( interview,waiting for decision,work permit process,groundschool,training ... ). So if my DOJ given from Qatar is February it means I should resign from my job at the start,probably during my ground school or line training so I can join Qatar 2 months later ! So would it really be worth doing this?

Stick35
22nd Sep 2012, 15:32
@chris

I give you 1 advice. Dont gamble on QR. From what i've heard it is a company full with tricks and surprises. If you get a job now somewhere else, take it! Bills need to be paid anyway. If QR decides to take you in the short future, then it will impose the problem, not now. Deal with the problem when it occurs, not before. Good luck!!

perritopiloto
22nd Sep 2012, 15:34
Chris,
Perhaps, if you get another job, you wont't like to resign. And rather you'll prefer to stay in the new company.
Cheers

flying apple
22nd Sep 2012, 15:54
if you really need a job to pay the bills maybe you can look for a temporary job which doesn't require a training of a few months
maybe even a non flying job :E or even worse: a non aviation related job :E

jeanpaul172
22nd Sep 2012, 17:46
Guys, regarding NTSO's, I just got a call from a friend who lives in Tunesia. Qatar is there currently to recruit pilots. According to him there are about 50!! cadets being interviewed for the NTSO position. Everyone Tunesian. What will happen to all So's still waiting? Will these guys be treated the same way as the Spanair guys? I am affraid they will be (its some kind of program to build up the country and to strenghten the relationship between Qatar - Tunesia)..

Iver
23rd Sep 2012, 00:44
A lot of good questions about employment at QR and not many answers. Sounds like Qatar Airways HR department wins the award for the worst communication in the business. Sounds like a disorganised, inept and completely careless group of so-called professionals in their HR department. If they treat wannabe employees this way, perhaps that is an indication of how you will be treated as an actual employee. Inexcusable to not communicate with applicants or those who have supposedly been "offered" employment after a difficult screening process. I hope it improves soon (because it has the potential to be a great flying job) and they hire HR talent from countries other than Somalia...

Unfortunately sounds like a 5-star airline with a 1-star HR department. :yuk:

Black Pudding
23rd Sep 2012, 05:50
Iver

Have you applied to Qatar Airways ?

chrislikesblue
23rd Sep 2012, 06:04
'' Chris,
Perhaps, if you get another job, you wont't like to resign. And rather you'll prefer to stay in the new company.
Cheers ''

That would not be a bad idea to find a job and stay on this and not resign. But the thing is the few jobs which are available in the market at this time are usually in not so reputable companies. Usually in companies with no proper planning,they just wake up one day and realize they are short of pilots and they take pilots out of the street. I have been in these kind of companies before so I know this from personal experience. I am done and fed up with this kind of environment working and living in certain countries I would not risk the chance that I have now to join a 5 star airline and move in an advanced country rather than working for various so called 'airlines' in developing countries.

jibba_jabba
23rd Sep 2012, 07:03
That would not be a bad idea to find a job and stay on this and not resign. But the thing is the few jobs which are available in the market at this time are usually in not so reputable companies. Usually in companies with no proper planning,they just wake up one day and realize they are short of pilots and they take pilots out of the street. I have been in these kind of companies before so I know this from personal experience. I am done and fed up with this kind of environment working and living in certain countries I would not risk the chance that I have now to join a 5 star airline and move in an advanced country rather than working for various so called 'airlines' in developing countries. I couldnt resist....
In simple words; Qatar is exactly how you described against!!!!!! :E

.... yes it has some vision; its got alot of money; but its the same mentality you said you didnt want to be around. Good luck if thats your mentality, you'll be hating it quickly.

This place is not the dream place! There is a difference between the glossy pictures and life outside of the malls.

Dont get me wrong, its a quiet place. And I like it in some ways better than the hustle bustle of Dubai, but I would live in Dubai more than Doha if I were to weigh up the entire efficiency of the place and the quality of things.

Qatar services are poor..... 2nd world in ALOT of areas such as alot of road designs; no centralised directory of goods and services; nobody generally has heard of a website for there business nor even updating there numbers in handouts they give you sometimes; No one produces maps of where there place is generally, its just an obscure reference to a roundabout or landmark and you drive around looking! These things seem small by nature but when you need something and have a shift in "12 Hrs" which is really 9hrs with getting ready and going early B.S that seems to be common practice here it can really start to grind....

But also Qatar is first world in somethings like some medical facilities and its impressive (but sempty buildings).
It has slave labour, and that same uneducated slave labour (mostly) are cooking you your meals (higher chance of food poisioning here) and building your houses (oh ooo); and probably ,making you frustrated when your driving around.... not to mention the first world native culture.

They do have a direction (this country and QR) but my god, its mentality is 2nd world...... but at least there trying..... :cool:

If you come here expecting things to be efficient YOU WILL be disapointed, frustrated and down right in awe at the level of inefficiency :mad:

Come here for one thing only IMHO; Setting yourself up financially, gaining an endorsement if you dont already have one and then seeing where your options lay after the contract ends.
It must tell people something....surely, that people leave this place with more than normal attriction rates comparatively!?? its not all QR's fault :} (lol)

320 = You work min rest...... maybe get 2 days of in a row...... sometimes 3 but not alot of them and you will be quiet tired to be going adventuring to another timezone for fun. Simple solution for the managers that read this is give an average of 9 or 10 days off a month for the 320 fleet and watch the moral grow.... and the fleet stabilise ....my god is it that hard :ugh:

330 = better rosters..... avg 12 to 14 Off days... but trips are bigger so your away from family in chunks of time but around them more for Days off.

777 = avg 12 - 15 off days...... same as 330. paid to sleep ;-)

hope this helps people. Dont put the wool over your eyes and buy all the $$$$'s and new planes this and that..... theres more to it than that in the long run.

smg19
23rd Sep 2012, 09:58
Could someone please brief me on the tech quiz and interview questions? Is the selection process tough?

upwhereIbelong
23rd Sep 2012, 10:41
its ridicoulous and Just like anywhere else ...youre a freaking "Resource"......

UP

flying apple
23rd Sep 2012, 18:45
@psvsa: if you want people to stop telling its good or bad the there is no point in this entire website :s

personally i think it's good that there are a lot of people telling what they think because the truth will be somewhere in between and the more opinions you have the bigger chance that that "average" is correct (or at least close to reality)

just remember that it's the posters personal opinion and in the case of good or bad NO ONE is right on the internet

vddfrx
24th Sep 2012, 10:34
Hi Startright,

thank you for your clear picture.

The first main question for all the pilot waiting in the pool: can you confirm 100% of them will be called "one day"?

The second main question: you talked about a cascade. So I understood each pilot has a "number" and we are in a list (in compliance with the LoE receipt or date of interwiew). Is that Right?

These two points are very crucial to be in good spirits while waitting!!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/embarass.gif

Thank you for your answer

Paper Lad
25th Sep 2012, 13:14
Just a little more info for all the swimmers and potential swimmers:

I am told that the current talent pool membership is approaching 500 people but the recruitment team is about to set off to Tunisia to interview a whole bunch of pilots. We understand that it's Nouvelair and if so all the candidates are already typed on 320/321. One would presume that, if they are successful, they would get a start date ahead of any NTR pilots.

There are pilots already in Doha that have been here in excess of three months and not even begun any aircraft specific training, many of these are experienced guys and gals and are just sat around waiting for sim slots etc.

The 787's (first delivery was scheduled for end of August) will probably begin arriving in December. It seems that pilots taken off other fleets for 787 training are now back on their original fleet due to the delay.

As you can see from the above the current situation is less than ideal and I would suggest that swimmers will have a longer wait than originally expected before a start date is offered.

On a slightly more positive note, QR still has lots of new aircraft on order (subject to some degree on the new airport being available in mid 2013) and, for a major carrier, still has an abnormally high number of resignations......for all the reasons listed in earlier posts. Therefore, pilot recruitment will continue for a long time to come, just not at the crazy rate previously seen.

Good luck and best wishes to you all

PL.

mateos
25th Sep 2012, 14:44
500 hundred in the pool!!!
How people being interview now can
expect to join early next year?
How many people join every month?

iQatar
25th Sep 2012, 16:28
500 hundred in the pool!!!
How people being interview now can
expect to join early next year?
How many people join every month?

How many join each month,I don't know but, how they can still do interviews with 500 pilots in the pool :ugh: does not make any sense. Surely there must be a lot of airbus rated pilots be in the pool. Now I am not trying to be insensitive towards any pilot thats hoping to get a interview. But where/when are they going to draw the line.

Stick35
25th Sep 2012, 16:34
The HR strategy of QR is for me very bizar. 500 ppl in the pool and still interviewing people? I simply dont get it. I hope that for some people it will ring a bell and not to put all their eggs in the QR basket. If you get another job offer, take it and dont decline it because you might get a phonecall of QR!

jeanpaul172
25th Sep 2012, 21:08
From what Ive heard QR needs 700 pilots a year, for the coming years.
Hence the reason 500 in the pool and still recruiting. The only thing Im worried about is the possible preference that will be given to tunesian residents.. Theyre recruiting there right now just as happened with spanair..

disagreeable
28th Sep 2012, 07:19
I dont get it. I interviewed in March, got good news 1.5 weeks later.
2 weeks after that I got the contract for FO A320. Than placed in the pool.
Why is there a big time diffrence from people to people. Some waited months for good news and contract and others a couple of weeks.
Any ideas on what QR base this on?
Happy Flying,
Jack Welcome to the randomness that is Qatar Airways.
Qatar Airways have an organised chaos principle. It works by selecting the candidates that actually are close to the top of the pile or who require minimum training first then if you are lucky in the ocean of chaos, then you will get called.

My advice. DONT wait for the golden goose to lay its magic egg that will fix all your career dreams and jet fantasies.

Apply for many jobs, if one offers you the position before QR then TAKE it or give serious consideration too it.

QR training is average at best. Poor in alot of area's. (read previous posts) and you may NOT even pass your training!

People, stop dreaming $$$$$ and live your live. The QR fantasy is not what it seems (can be good, but is certainly balanced with ALOT of bad).

MTT
28th Sep 2012, 08:41
I got the OK in May. From what I can see the recruitment was bassed on 2 new 787's a month from July and the continuing deliveries of 320's.

The 787's are not there yet and those internal transfers who have been 787 type rated are now back on their old fleets. That combined with Spanair and now, apparently, Nouvelair rated and experienced people coming in ahead of us non rated chaps - logical really but not what my bank manager wants to hear - means its all slowed down dramatically.

Back to flipping burgers for a while::hmm:

clintsta
28th Sep 2012, 11:26
Hi folks,
Was interviewed in May, waited for ages for a reply and heard just last month that I was in. Been flying the 777 as an S/O (a fully rated one though not a cruise pilot) for 4000 with a carrier that has almost no movement. I was hoping to be in Doha by now but my email of 'congrats' said I'd hear more at the end of November.
Judging by what other pilots here have said I am a little confused. If there are 500 in the pool and even if they could recruit 70 a month and I was near the bottom of that pool and some guys had decided to go elsewhere......it would be 6 months from now (end of March) by the time I got started. But somebody mentioned that people being interviewed NOW would likely get a start EARLY next year. The numbers don't seem to support that.
Any other speculators out there (preferably people that work with QR already or know a very talkative friend who works there)?
Cheers

casablanca
29th Sep 2012, 15:49
Does anyone know which engine is on the Qatar 787s? I saw that investigators found cracks in another of the GE engines. Just wondering if that will further delay the launch.

flyforfood1
29th Sep 2012, 16:11
Last I heard was 78's now not due until Nov/Dec. Those that have been type rated are returning to their original fleets until further notice. Possibly waiting for 2 a/c to arrive at the same time - which would limit positioning crews around etc.

Apparently imperfections in the cabin (after Farnbrough) and wi-fi/ife install on A7-BCB plus I think the engine issues may have also helped push delivery back.

A7-BCL flew its first flight on Wednesday 26th.

fishbath21
2nd Oct 2012, 18:42
friend....I think you should keep your negative comments and ideas to yourself. Nothing is like you describe. The airline is expanding rapidly and the network as well.....so look at any other airline hiring and paying there pilots salary on time! The pool is a great idea till they get the rest of the new joiners done with there line and then start hiring again. I have been here in the airline for a year now! Im happy. if you have any questions or clarification I would be very happy to answer it.

upwhereIbelong
3rd Oct 2012, 11:02
Good Afternoon,

I guess most People here are in this Pool .
One must understand the Timeline most of the Fellow Aviators experience.
I would like to know ,how was it 1 year ago ?
how was the communication ,like pass emails ...Letter sent ..DOJ Distribution and timeline.#+
How many Pools are there???

Personally my biggest Issue I have, is the uncertain "factor", which I always have to keep in mind .Despite I have a letter signed ,despite Im told all good ..its always this little man in my head telling me " and what u do when they stop hiring ,change plans only to typerated guys " .

Im quite certain that in a few months I willlook back and think ,"youre soo unpatient and why didnt u enjoy your off time !"--but this attitude I will have to learn ...start today !!!!(maybe)

UP

Flyingmachine01
3rd Oct 2012, 12:43
Good evening,

I guess i have a very long way to go..
I got interviewed 3 weeks ago in doha and still waiting results..
I am not expecting to hear anything for a while..
I hope it's all good news...:bored:

Airmann
3rd Oct 2012, 13:06
upwhereibelong....to answer your concerns, its very simple. If you are afraid after getting the pass email that QR will not call you with a start date, ask one simple question: Has anyone passed the interview, got a success email, and NOT joined eventually. It takes ages maybe up to 1 year to join but I know of only one case on this thread where someone has been rejected after being told that they passed, and that was because he was a SO and passed a certain age limit while waiting. However, I have not heard of anyone not been given a joining date eventually.

freddi16
3rd Oct 2012, 13:14
Hi everybody,actually the interwiew are suspended right? I've heard that they'll start again at the beginning Of january any info about that?

Cheers

Saam-85
3rd Oct 2012, 14:32
It has not been suspended yet. They are still interviewing but in a slower rate.

ADY
3rd Oct 2012, 15:04
flyingmachine01 have you noticed any change to the interview procedure or it was as it is described on the site?

freddi16
3rd Oct 2012, 18:41
Hi saam,i've checked on the qr carrers website,there isn't any application form for pilots!
Cheers

Phil Squares
3rd Oct 2012, 19:15
Does anyone know what's going on with the SFI positions at QR. I have an interview in short term. Would like to know what is happening.

Also I have the T&C from several months ago. Any changes?

Thanks!!

F14
3rd Oct 2012, 19:28
From interview to getting on-line will take about a year.

Interview-Good News-Contract-Start Date confirmation-Notice-Join.

Then

Induction-RP-Medical-Ground Course-wait-wait-Type Rating-Company Sims-Line Training

Airport is delayed according to the news. So are the new planes. This may have an effect on the numbers joining and the numbers in the talent pool.

I made the right move and enjoy it here. But I guess this opinion is based on where you came from and your motivation for joining.

Tritzo
3rd Oct 2012, 20:42
it already took a year (almost) from good news - contract so far ... :(

SkullFlyer
4th Oct 2012, 01:10
Thks gyus !

SkullFlyer
4th Oct 2012, 01:11
Thkx Flyforfood1 I have applied for the big 3s !!

Flyingmachine01
4th Oct 2012, 03:50
ADY

It Starts off at 8am with an Intro to the Company and Its Objectives (45mins)

Then it's the Tech Quiz... I think it was 60 questions. I found it a little challenging but this because i don't like people watching do my Exam (1hr)

Then if you pass you are given an interview.. Again around 1Hr. It's purely behavioural. Gives a time when you did this......???

Then if you pass you are are given a Sim assessment. Mine was in A320.. 2 ccts and on the second an APU fire.. Deal with it and land...

Oh i missed the Buffett for lunch.. All you can eat and a sleep between Interview and Sim..Because we got back to the hotel at 11pm at night..:cool:

Flyingmachine01
4th Oct 2012, 03:56
Interviews are still being done.. I was there 3 weeks ago....:hmm:

Saam-85
4th Oct 2012, 05:13
Hi Freddi

Yes, you are right, it shows no vacancies for the flight deck crew in their website, but keep in mind that their career section in the website changed approx 40 days ago but there are still many applicants whom submitted their application way before this change. Hope you are one of them anyway.

Best of luck to you all:)

ADY
4th Oct 2012, 06:26
thanks flyingmachine01

freddi16
4th Oct 2012, 08:09
Hi saam unfortunately no,i Was almost at the end Of my application form,i think the,application form Will come up again at hotel end Of the year
Cheers

iQatar
4th Oct 2012, 08:53
@flyingmachine01
During the 45 minute company presentation before the multiple choice exam, did the speaker give any indication about how many pilots their going to need next year? (700 in 2013 and another 700 in 2014 etc. etc...)
Also with aircraft deliveries, are they still expecting to get a new one delivered every 15 - 18 days? I was there in the begining of the year and thats what they told us. Thanks.( Hopefully they have updated their power point.)

High'n Fast
5th Oct 2012, 10:59
Has anyone had any news on start dates, either by phone or email ....

It will be 1 year at the end of October since interview. No word about being in the 'Talent Pool' either. Nothing, apart from the standard acknowledgement for receipt of paperwork.

DEC T7

High'n Fast

Flyingmachine01
5th Oct 2012, 12:02
iQatar.....

They never actually mentioned an exact number of pilots needed..
But the aircraft orders were very consistent with what is mentioned on their website.. New aircraft arriving every 3 weeks.. It's absolutely crazy...

There biggest order is still the A350's range. Totalling around 80..

Flyingmachine01
5th Oct 2012, 12:06
The we're also hoping for the new airport to open 12/12/2012...
But that date has no been squashed

FL123
5th Oct 2012, 19:32
New airport now shifted to Apr-May 2013...!!!

Tritzo
7th Oct 2012, 07:45
Thank you for your response startright. But if I remember right, there are people with almost no experience, that can perform very well in the sim too! Its a matter of preparation and chair flying.

Do you have a clue when the hiring out of the talent pool might continue again?

iQatar
7th Oct 2012, 11:20
@startright

Thanks for all your post on pprune and the info that you supply. But the big question all of us in the holding pool are: Will we all be given a contract and start date at some stage?

priest
7th Oct 2012, 12:36
Startright

Thanks for the info.:ok:
I would like to repeat three major questions from all of us who have been waiting in the pool since last June (or more?)
1. Will we all be given a contract and start date at some stage?
2. Any estimate about when QR will start to give DOJs again?
3. Is this pool working as a "first come first serve", or TR guys have priority to be given a DOJ?

...your answers will be well appreciated...

chrislikesblue
8th Oct 2012, 05:40
I find it hard to believe that while hundreds of people waiting for crucial questions to be answered because their career is on hold at the moment (some of them without income and not knowing if they will be able to survive next month! ) there is an interruption in their posts from someone who is very worried if he will be able to 'get a wave' or not. This shows selfishness which is a very common attitude these days especially amongst pilots or might be some kind of humour that I did not understand.
:confused:

transport jock
8th Oct 2012, 09:18
well, i am just glad that there is someone like starright who is going out of his way to give us information on what is happening at the moment. I applied 6 months ago and havent heard anything yet but more than meet the minimum requirements.

Like a few people have said, everyone has their own reasons for wanting to go and lets try to be supportive of each other here rather than making some personal attacks.. who knows, you might end up flying with the guy you attack here someday!

Flyingmachine01
8th Oct 2012, 09:20
Go back to your Basic ATPL subjects.
Just the base of them and don't go to deep in any particular subject..
That's the best way to describe it. You just need to study the basics again. I hope that makes sense...

RK303
9th Oct 2012, 23:05
I remember you as NTSO right? So you’re still waiting…no other NTSO had DOJ since this summer ? I was curious to know on which fleet NTSO waiting will be sent.
But for the NTSO waiting be careful guys. I think that due to the low importance of NTSO in the recruitment process they won’t have time to give you information regarding your case. But I would like to advise NTSO to try to contact QR by all mean to get information on your file if you didn’t have any.It paid off for me like an other guy who had reach the age limit previously.Our requirements is different from other qualified pilots candidate.
After 9 months of wait, I find out myself disqualified this summer for a very specific reason that’s surprised me a bit.(no family relation with a QR pilot…so game over)
Only those who received an e-mail with an update expected soon should wait. For others…well … I hope that you have something else than pilot licences to get a life just in case of…You can have one outside aviation too.

jeanpaul172
10th Oct 2012, 06:38
RK303, you did your assesment and you passed but finally you were disqualified because you didnt have family working for QR? I find that very hard to believe. I think 95% of those NTSO's waiting has no family in Qatar..

RK303
10th Oct 2012, 07:21
JeanPaul, What I told is exactly what I've been asked by phone by the QR RH. And I've been informed that I have to be a QR pilot relative otherwise no slot available for me.

Since the begining I tried to get the results of my assessment.I don't have a reason to lie about it,this was just an interview and some people in this forum kindly helped me to contact the RH due to lack of information regarding my case. For the rest of NTSO I don't know.I can only talk about what I've been told regarding family connection.Perhaps there is something else but this is all about the conversation I had with the person who hold my file.

upwhereIbelong
10th Oct 2012, 09:54
sorry to hear,man .
Is there a age Limit for FO´S? :E

UP

RK303
10th Oct 2012, 11:59
It’s ok, there is no drama, I took it as a bet, you win or you loose. But at least l can say that I tried, so no regrets!
But my message is to always keep in mind to get a decent job, having a life and family projects. Which are other interesting tasks to complete ,that may balance the frustration of not being a pilot.

It is normal for experienced pilots to fight for their job because they are already professionals in their discipline. But for a very young guy with 250 hours, you never been a professional and all you know is your dream and passion. You have to try but You have to think about your life if it not happen! Do not wait 30years old to ask yourself questions.

Good luck to everyone! Hope your wishes come true INSHALLAH!

BANANASBANANAS
11th Oct 2012, 09:19
If any kind soul would care to email me with any of the Technical questions or other info useful for interview I really would be most grateful.

Bananas:ok:

millerscourt
12th Oct 2012, 13:16
BB

On the move again then? Had enough of the Far East.?

A friend of mine who was a F/O in same company as me some years ago on the B767 when I was in Lauda Air has just joined QR as B777 Captain.He joined as a current B767/757 Captain. Currently line training. If you like I can give you his E Mail address.

OXOGEKAS340
12th Oct 2012, 14:44
DOG named TOGA, needs a house in Doha, with his boss....
Is it difficult to find an apartment which allows one small dog? (beagle)...
Difficult, even impossible to leave my best friend back home....
Thks!
:cool::cool:

zawillif
12th Oct 2012, 15:18
Hey all long time lurker.. I'm wondering if anyone knows about the application site being down. I've looked back through the past few previous pages and seen nothing on this. The site I'm trying to apply through is Flight Deck Crew | Qatar Airways (http://www1.qatarairways.com/global/en/careers-flightdeck.html). Every time I click on apply now it says the page no longer exists. This has been for several weeks on both Macs and Windows machines. Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks for the info.

stop, stop, stop
12th Oct 2012, 19:15
New online application form due early Nov.

freddi16
12th Oct 2012, 20:57
Sounds good!!

zawillif
14th Oct 2012, 04:34
Thanks for the updates guys. I will keep checking back for the updated form.

Iver
14th Oct 2012, 14:56
Not being disrepectful, but are senior 777 FOs not also offered 787 Captain slots as those airplanes begin to arrive? We have heard from several posters on this thread that 787 slots will be given to the A320 pilots - but I assume senior 777 FOs will also be offered Captain slots on those airplanes as they arrive - no? Not sure how that works in terms of pecking order and who gets offered what.

No doubt the DEC scheme would be maddening and super-frustrating for anyone on the edge of upgrade at any non-western, non-seniority-secured airline like QR or EK. But with significant upcoming fleet growth at QR, can a Senior 777 FO bid open slots in other fleets like an open A330 Captain slot - or are those slots reserved primarily for senior A330/320 FOs?

If you are hired into the 777 fleet today, is the expectation that you will remain in that fleet and not move to another at any point? Or can you bid/request another fleet after a certain amount of time?

This fleet transfer question has always been a bit vague. Cheers for any clarification.

simmatch
17th Oct 2012, 14:37
Yeah, We are all waiting. Last lime they said Updates in November. Keeping fingers crossed!

luvly jubbly
17th Oct 2012, 18:12
I hear some people have been given DOJs in November & December.
No idea of their fleet or ranks though. It seems they interviewed in Feb/ March, so there is some movement within the pool..... :ok:

LJ

jeanpaul172
17th Oct 2012, 18:55
Luvly,

Do you know when these DOJ's were given?
I know some NTSO's who received contracts / DOJ's in July.. they're joining in Sept/ Oct / Nov and December on the A330.

robusto
18th Oct 2012, 10:57
Disappointment is obvious, I guess..

FL123
18th Oct 2012, 14:30
The DOJs given to the SOs for NOV and DEC was sometime back (3 months ago or so).

casablanca
18th Oct 2012, 16:55
Does Qatar have a limit on how long someone is in the pool before they are no longer accepted? It seems from reading the threads that some have went more than a year and were successful?

disagreeable
19th Oct 2012, 01:58
Generally qr don't have there act together in the office, and u will never know if they have a time limit cause nobody knows and the rules change constantly anyways. Just be patient and look and take other jobs if they arise first. QR is not a safe bet

cccc
19th Oct 2012, 19:38
Hi All,
Just a small update... but I guess you know all this by now.
I talked to one of the engineers who is working for the current company I am flying for, and he has a friend working for QR as a line training captain and also in the recruitment department. The ones who passed the selection are indeed in a hold pool for an unknown period of time, due the to the fact that the B787 are being delayed. This is apparently the only reason why everything is on a hold. And nobody knows for how long. :(
The fact is that those B787 are coming, and when they start to arrive as planned, then QR will start calling people. Most people from the A320 are going on the B787.
But I am not telling anything new here.
And again... waiting is the key here and keep on looking elsewhere.
Cheers,
CCCC

Iver
20th Oct 2012, 02:37
CCCC,

Thank you for the updated information. I understand you do not work for QR, but I still am trying to understand the crewing for the 777. It has been stated numerous times that 787 slots will be filled by current A320 pilots. Does that mean that senior 777 FOs are not offered 787 Captain slots? Can a senior 777 FO bid an open A320 Captain slot if desired? Are 777 pilots expected to stay on that fleet and not move elsewhere?

With DECs entering the 777 fleet, are senior FOs on the 777s relegated to slower upgrade prospects or can they bid other fleets like the 787 and A330 fleets as slots open?

Appreciate any insight from anyone in the know.

luvly jubbly
20th Oct 2012, 09:18
Iver,

I asked that question at interview.
I was told that B777 FOs are offered upgrades on A320. Or, they can choose to wait (quite a bit) longer for upgrade on B777.

No idea about B787 though.

Keep swimming!

LJ

cccc
20th Oct 2012, 15:20
I have no idea about fleet transfer/upgrade.
First get there as a FTSO, and when time arrives, then I will worry about upgrade/fleet transfer.
Cheers,
cccc

Iver
20th Oct 2012, 17:12
Cheers LJ and CCCC,

Appreciate the update. With many DECs coming into the different fleets, it is good to know that senior FOs will have some other options for Command.

smg19
22nd Oct 2012, 12:21
Any idea how much time does it normally take to know the result after the interview?

luvly jubbly
22nd Oct 2012, 17:34
6-8weeks normally

upwhereIbelong
22nd Oct 2012, 17:40
4 1/2 months ...:\

smg19
22nd Oct 2012, 19:38
So does it mean the longer it takes its going to be a positive result?
Thank you

casablanca
22nd Oct 2012, 20:32
I think a good rule of thumb is if it takes longer than 2 weeks it will most likely be good news.

smg19
22nd Oct 2012, 20:33
Thank you very much

fishbath21
23rd Oct 2012, 09:15
Thats true....I fly for QR for a year now and most of my friends and me had the same experience....longer you wait better news you get.

vwm737
23rd Oct 2012, 09:24
hello, are u happy to live in Doha, how is live, what about ur family ?

fishbath21
23rd Oct 2012, 14:19
Well I'm a single guy in Doha....and its pretty nice to be around. The living standards are expensive so are the house accommodations. The company is not giving accommodation for now, but the money is enough to get an apartment outside.

If you every get board Dubai is next door and there is 10 flights a day.

vwm737
23rd Oct 2012, 16:51
ah ok, so they don't give u accommodation, but they give u a extra money for it right ?

there is so many cabin craw single, how comes u are single ? ;-)
(kidding!)
ps: tks for ur reply

sudani555
23rd Oct 2012, 18:03
Hii there...
i invited to QR interview on July ..and the interview is done on the End of Sep ...till now no news and no one contaced me.
Am applied for S/O Fast track position /3000 Hrs Turbo-P) .The selcetion proccess as following.:
50 questions -MCQ's
Paned interview-face to face with assessors and HR officer.
Finaly Simulator assessment on A320 -New arrived-Class-D ../Amazing !!

That set...

disagreeable
24th Oct 2012, 08:07
If you are a single guy, there is girls around.... but you will have to pay to go to alot of clubs on the nights girls may go there.

so if you get caught or even rumored to have "screwed the crew" you may as well pack your bags as you will be sacked no questions asked.

Its certainly no Dubai, but no Saudi Arabia either.

Its a mostly boring place entertainment wise.... generally, but its tolerable mostly.

Echo_Romeo
24th Oct 2012, 13:00
Hi all,

just wanted to ask if anybody could send me via PM some numbers of the HR department agent which is responsible for the hiring process. I interviewed as FT S/O in April, got good news in June and the FD Talent Pool mail the end of June. Since then nothing new. Even on emails via the fdtalent adress no response.

Greetings and thanks a lot in advance,

ER.

upwhereIbelong
24th Oct 2012, 14:26
they have said update end of November ....soooooo we stil have 4 weeks to go ...

:D

disagreeable
24th Oct 2012, 19:00
Quote:
so if you get caught or even rumored to have "screwed the crew" you may as well pack your bags as you will be sacked no questions asked.

But... Do you have to pay the bond in this case if u are still bonded?
YES !!!
Even if you think your a smarty pants, you wont interpret it the same as "they" will (managment and/or legal system); and it wont come out in your favour :ugh:

captain.weird
26th Oct 2012, 15:53
Is EK (still) a closed door for Qatar Airways pilots?

jacekgfly
27th Oct 2012, 10:26
What I have heard, NO!

jayjay340
27th Oct 2012, 14:20
Looking at the thread with QR putting on 3 more routes to the US next year, it is almost inevitable for the pilots that are in the pool to get call.....more routes=more planes, more pilots.:ok:

Non Zero
27th Oct 2012, 19:24
More routes, more planes, 'soon' a new airport ... will be a shortage of pilots for the next decade at least!