View Full Version : Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

blusky75
9th Aug 2011, 20:54
hi, i m going to Qatar as FO....experience on jet..mainly B737 Classic

menikos
9th Aug 2011, 22:27
Hi,

congratulation for those who made it, could you enlight us about your profile and type offered by QA ?

TwoTone-7
9th Aug 2011, 23:38
I had not seen this till today. Sure it's a recent addition to the site:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/eFlight Deck Crew Selection Process Guide

The Qatar Airways Flight Deck Crew Selection Process is a one-day multiple stage process. If you meet the requirements at each stage, you will be invited for the next stage.

You will go through the following exercises:

Technical Exam (General knowledge) for 1 hour.
Competency interviews for 1 hour.
The simulator test. This is done using Qatar Airways own flight simulators.
If you are successful, we will contact you to make you an offer of employment within one month.n/flightdeck-selection.html

Airmann
10th Aug 2011, 13:59
Found this website, it outlines the pay for all the major airlines, should put an end to all the questions about remunerations.

Qatar Airways jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Qatar_Airways)

Greensman
10th Aug 2011, 20:42
Hey guys and girls. Can anyone give me an idea of what its like on the A300 fleet; roster patterns etc. Any plans to be phased out soon?

aviationboy
11th Aug 2011, 09:35
FasterStronger,

If I am not mistaken, QR SO's are just FO's under extended training with a safety pilot. I am not sure how it works with long haul though :confused:

DQ4
11th Aug 2011, 10:33
Can anyone provide a copy of a Qatar Captain contract or a breakdown of the terms and conditions. E.G. Education, Medical, Allowances etc.

copernicus
11th Aug 2011, 12:23
Thanks a ton Dream Driver, Leo79.
You have both been a serious help!

zman
11th Aug 2011, 13:13
Hello guys,

I am going to the interview in Sept.
If anyone has done it recently can you confirm the questions as listed from latestpilotjobs!!!!

Also accommodation situation for a family I heard in condo building but you are able to go outside to get own villa?

Staff travel for family and recip id 90 or zed fares??

Pay is listed $8,100 a month us. is that from day one or just basic salary until you get online ?

thx

MiroslavAnti87
12th Aug 2011, 07:43
Are they still hiring during Ramadan? How many pilots do they interview each month? I send my application but haven't hear anything. two months now.:ugh:

Miss Aviator
12th Aug 2011, 07:52
Yes they are still hiring... be patient... they are swamped with applications I'm sure. It took them 5 months to get back to me, however my friend heard back in 2 months.

Good luck,
Miss A.

djuvki
12th Aug 2011, 14:11
Hi everyone,
I just received my contract and I really don't know what to do.
It says that if I fail for any reason or decide to leave I will have to pay the company the amount of QR7350, they will deduct QR 350 every month for 21 months. At the screening they told us that they will also deduct from salary for accommodation, so I am really worried if the balance amount from the salary will be enough for leaving in Doha. Can anyone who is a cabin crew member give me an advice.
And also I would really like to know what is the life in Doha, what you can do in your free time ( if you have)...any kind of information :)

Many thanks!!!

B767PL
12th Aug 2011, 16:13
For cabin crew try this forum

Cabin Crew Wannabes - PPRuNe Forums (http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes-130/)

There is a Qatar thread there.

planeboy_777
13th Aug 2011, 05:47
guys how is the Rostering like on Long haul flights of A330.

aviationboy
13th Aug 2011, 06:54
somebody posted a sample a330 roster in this thread. possibly 10 or 20 pages back you will have to look for it :)

330contrail
13th Aug 2011, 07:38
@DQ4

Yes.

@MA87

There is a new application process on the airline's website. The pilot recruitment folks are still transitioning to the new system, but it will speed things up for both candidates the recruitment staff. It's been active for just a couple of months so if you applied before then, you should consider re-applying using the new system.

The more info you can input into the online application, the better. Applications are usually held up due to lack of information, so be diligent about reading the questions and providing required documents.

nutwrencher
13th Aug 2011, 08:58
@Zman.....for FO, basic until final line check. (21500 rials per month)
after that, 21500R per month, plus 90R per hour for every hour flown, plus 1500R "transport allowance" and 300R utility allowance, plus "exchange rate protection (varies from approx. 500-900R per month), plus "meal allowance (per diem) approx. 2000R.
expect deductions to be around 500R per month, to include utility, not very much, and telephone, which depends on your chosen internet speed, (1,2,4,8 mbps)
on a bad month you might get 24000R, on a good 95 hour month 34500R. (6600-9500usd)

you will not get the housing allowance. they will put you in the compound or serviced apartment. don't believe them if they tell you otherwise. they do lie! of course they will say something like "things change so quickly often the information is not up to date", but no newbie will get housing allowance for the foreseeable future.

Minus QR1390/month from salary for your training bond :yuk:

aviationboy
13th Aug 2011, 09:03
nutwrencher, you get it all back after 36 months anyway... think of it as forced saving :)

JCUERVO
13th Aug 2011, 09:19
Ooooor take it for what it is! A short siighted pathetic attempt to further demean the aviation profession by a group of bean counting idiots who dont have enough knowledge between them to manage a Mcdonalds

Non of us are 12 years old where Daddy airline has to help us save money! Its your choice though, so if u come and sign it guys and gals DONT complain...

Ps: forgot to add just to clear up, the bond deduction is in USD not QTR ($1,390 per m/o)

Dream Driver
13th Aug 2011, 11:02
@ Av8whore: Are you sure about the figure given. I thought you get, QAR 21500 basic + 1500 transport + 300 utility + 400 telephone, from day 1, joining date. You then get QAR 90/hour + per diem, as soon as you start flying, start of line training.
Thanks
DD

Non Zero
13th Aug 2011, 13:21
And an other beauty is almost ready to be picked up!
Boeing more than halves time to assemble 777 sections | Boeing and Aerospace News - seattlepi.com (http://blog.seattlepi.com/aerospace/2011/08/12/boeing-more-than-halves-time-to-assemble-777-sections/)

spanner the cat
13th Aug 2011, 13:32
Dream Driver

The utility and telephone allowance are only given to you if you are in accomodation requiring it. I'm in Holiday Villas and don't get the allowances, no utilities bills. The 2000QAR is a one off payment to get you up and running and dished out on the first day. Don't forget about the bond deduction which is $1390 for 18 months (5059QAR) which commences on DOJ except for Fast Track S/O's where deductions start from line check (as do ab-initio bonds which is less deduction but lasts 36 months). :\

Currency protection depends on where you come from and how your home currency is doing against the Riyal.

FWIW I'm a year one F/O on the triple and got anywhere between 26000 - 32000QAR before the pay rise. My monthly hours for pay ranged from 52 - 91hrs. I don't bid for trips which would probably increase my average monthly pay (days off in blocks are my thang and I normally get a good block).

Regards

Spanner

nutwrencher
13th Aug 2011, 13:55
Yes apologies it's minus $1390 (QR 5000) as others mentioned.

And yes it is up to you if you want to join the enforced QR savings club with the amazing interest rate of 0%

aviationboy
14th Aug 2011, 00:23
JCUERVO,

It isn't ideal I know, but you get the money back so there is no point in making a big deal out of it. I have been offered jobs in my home country which pay MUCH less than QR and still require a bond payment, and you never get the money back!! If you plan to stay at least 3 years it will be fine, and you get a free endorsement :)

Capt Krunch
14th Aug 2011, 05:46
1. How is the training back log these days? I knew a few guys who joined a couple of years back and waited ages to get online. Is this still the case?

That would depend on when you join, it's all up to chance. Your batch might get thru in as little as 3 months, the guys who joined the week after you might take as long as 6 months or more. There is no way of knowing, the training department has some insight on this but you'll never know.. when you work here your strictly on a need to know basis.. and you don't need to know

2. How do they determine your home country, if you have two? For example an American married to an Kiwi, having lived in both recently. Do they ask you to specify?

The way you ask the question seems you know the answer, yes of course you must specify. For reasons beyond QA, the Ministry of the Interior also must know your official nationality. This nationality will be your 'home Country' .. and NO you cannot change it in future. well you can but it would require you to leave the country and start the entire joining process over as a new entry.. and once you have done it once you will know why you don't want that to happen.. not to mention they will have your passport for a very long time.. meaning you cant leave the country, not even on a operational flight (obviously all our flights are international, which requires a valid passport)

also, for those who want to know.. flight pay starts on the successful completion of final line check (FLC)

acgenerator2
14th Aug 2011, 09:03
flight pay starts on the successful completion of final line check (FLC)
Not true, flight pay starts after release of the safety pilot. This normally takes four sectors.

Capt Krunch
14th Aug 2011, 09:33
acgenerator2

This might be the case now. It has not always been that way. my information (somewhat dated) might stand to be corrected on this occasion.. Then again, things here change faster that one can keep up.

whats here today will not be here tomorrow, and if it is.. it will look different.:E

acgenerator2
14th Aug 2011, 09:46
whats here today will not be here tomorrow, and if it is.. it will look different.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

Very true, seems some things change on a daily basis.

zman
14th Aug 2011, 13:21
so they dont start taking the bond fee out until you are online flying right?
not from day 1 i hope! since my take home will be so much less!

Non Zero
14th Aug 2011, 14:01
it might change soon ... but the new bond apply to NTR from day 1!

zman
14th Aug 2011, 18:36
so as new FO they deduct the fee from day one and you make base until online! that doesnt make sense since your pay will be about 4,000 a month until line pay! i hope not

Non Zero
14th Aug 2011, 18:53
... not only FO ... also DEC!
that doesnt make sense since your pay will be about 4,000 a month until line pay! i hope not
My friend what makes sense for you can easily be shockingly bad for somebody else ... your reference system is the one that has to adapt to the new scenario ... but on the other side you have a good grasp of the opposite side reference system too ... in other words ... you can choose ... at the moment ... take it or leave it!

spanner the cat
14th Aug 2011, 19:25
Starting the bond from day one can be looked upon as a blessing - not the deduction from salary which sucks, but anyway. Some new joiners a few courses ahead signed a 3 year bond (old arrangements) decreasing from date of FLC. If your training takes 6 months you are able to leave without penalty 4-6 months earlier than the pilots on a 3 year bond under the old arrangements. Scant comfort I know but.....

I think sometimes a deep breath and a look at the big picture may help decide if it's right. If you need a job and there isn't another on the horizon then you don't have much choice - there are considerably worse places to end up. It may be you're coming out here for other reasons.

However you arrive out in DOH, if you do your 4-6 months on basic salary minus deduction the pay then gets much better. 18 months later it gets better still when the deductions stop. Then after 36 months you find you won't have pissed away the stuff you've had deducted - it can happen, cars depreciate a lot in Doha, going out can be expensive.....:}

For the record - I can't see who the deduction actually benefits other than the company but eventually when even less people come beating a path to their door they might rethink. I shall enjoy my week of holiday this winter (and shan't be taking them up on their kind offer of buying it back) in the hope that they will work out why they are unable to attract enough pilots to fly the schedule and why a lot are trying to leave.

Spanner

aviationboy
14th Aug 2011, 23:58
zman,

it has been explained many times already over the past few pages, the bond repayment only starts after your final check to line!!! You will be on FULL SALARY before the deductions begin, so don't worry. Otherwise you would be living on food scraps, especially S/Os!! And you get the money back in full after 36 months, so it isn't really a big deal unless you plan to do a runner before then.

spanner,
If you think cars depreciate a lot in doha, try looking where I live.... cars are dirt cheap in doha!!!! :p

On another note, can someone comment on the sims at QR? Twice yearly cyclics? Lots of training, or all checking? Are they fair, or really difficult? Where I am now.... not so much fun, so I hope for improvement in QR :) cheers

Gimme the Bird
15th Aug 2011, 00:01
I understand housing accommodations depend on supply and demand.

Can recent joiners comment on their housing accommodation assignment in August?

freddi16
15th Aug 2011, 00:50
Hello how Are the roster for the A 320 fleet?
Thanks

spanner the cat
15th Aug 2011, 05:08
Aviationboy...

for F/O new joiners deductions start from date of joining and you get the amount back 36 months from date of joining.

For fast track S/O the deduction policy is different and they start after final line check with repayment 36 months after final line check.

There is a difference - presumably due to differences in salary.

Spanner

aviationboy
15th Aug 2011, 06:12
hi spanner, thanks for clearing that up. I thought the policy was the same for everyone :confused:... anyways I take back what I said then! Cheers :ok:

bman351
15th Aug 2011, 09:37
Hey Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster :O

Just curious... I'm currently working for a good outfit (small, single operator of an Excel). It's a great gig, but looking to move up to some bigger metal and something that doesn't have me on call 24/7 :ugh:

I have 3700TT, 2700 PIC (1000 jet, 1500 turbine) all on AC less than 20,000 tonnes. I'm starting to find out that this is becoming a problem, which I fully understand. I'm really curious, though if any newbies at QR have had any luck securing an interview with no time on a heavier jet/airliner.

I realise this is a vague question and I'm just another pilot looking for an airline job, but if you could enlighten me a bit, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

B

acgenerator2
15th Aug 2011, 10:51
This is the official e-mail. Does it make it clear for you guys??? I hope so.

Dear All,

With reference to the new company policy, please note all new joiners will be bonded for a period of three years.

The bond amount will be deducted from the pilot’s monthly salary, starting from the date of joining the company at the rate equal to the bond amount divided by 36 Deductions, which shall continue for a total of 18 months .Upon completion of 36 months (3 years) from date of Joining , the total amount actually deducted from the pilot’s salary will be refunded back to the pilot.

Kindly note this policy applies only to New joiners and NOT for Internal fleet transfer or Command Upgrade.

Best regards

Hello how Are the roster for the A 320 fleet?8 days off a month, mostly night turns between 20:00 and 06:00 local time, 120-150 hours of duty- 50-70 hours of pay.

Greensman
15th Aug 2011, 16:20
I keep hearing about SOs having to share accommodation, even if married........is there any truth to that.....anyone?!?:eek:

Dream Driver
15th Aug 2011, 17:51
"meal allowance (per diem) approx. 2000R.

Can we expect approx. 2000 QAR per diem allowance on top of the salary every month, how does the overnight/meal allowance work?
(I guess it depends from the fleet, 320/777 should be diff.)

Thanks
DD

IMAGINE.
15th Aug 2011, 19:25
hello

i do have + 1,000hrs on Jets and+1,300TT :sad:
what would be the best way to apply in QR?
1. as a F.O
2. as a S.O

is there a big Salary-training diff between both?

thank you....

spanner the cat
15th Aug 2011, 20:30
Dream driver

It's a one off payment on your first day to help you along.

Expenses are based on the cost of purchasing food at the hotel down route. It is layover dependant not type (although I suppose you could say type is an indirect cause as the 320 is unlikely to go to JFK :}). The system knows how long you are at the hotel and will add an amount per relevant meal period into your salary.

It's then up to you to decide if you wish to dine on caviar threaded with gold for brekkie or nip down to the nearest shop instead.:rolleyes:

aviationboy
15th Aug 2011, 23:34
Greensman,

I certainly hope that isn't true, it sounds insane. But if it was, it would be an absolute deal breaker for me!:yuk:

(im going for fast track SO)

R20c
16th Aug 2011, 07:52
If you are rated on the 320 is there any chance to join on 330? I'm interested but not to stay on baby bus..
Thanks

flyforfood1
16th Aug 2011, 09:27
Wow, it amazes me. Lots of the SAME questions keep appearing all the time, some of you lot are too lazy, see that thing up there, 3 in from the right, use it.

Or better yet, ask the question at interview!!! Are you really going to decide about taking the job if I give you an answer about "how long it will take to get a work permit" wtf, why does that matter! - they are desperate for pilots, you think there will be some teeth sucking or "hhmm not going to be able to...." you'll be given a number and put on the next available course and then work your backside off!

Come on guys, its flying an aeroplane in a hot country and getting paid for it. Go to work, take the money, go home. Same s*** (potentially a bit more though;)) different colour.

Granted the rules change here every week, but in general.

1. You won't know where you will be living until you get here - FACT

2. You won't know which fleet you going on until they offer you the job, even then it may change - FACT

3. You will be paid what it states in your contract, you will be bonded for whatever you sign against. (If you don't like it, don't take the job!) - FACT

I'm off for a shisha - jeez (oh wait, its ramadan :ugh:)

Non Zero
16th Aug 2011, 15:27
I'm off for a shisha - jeez (oh wait, its ramadan :ugh:) Be careful, you are not in DXB ... :\ ... not for the shisha ... for saying jeez!

... but the network is expanding ... new codeshare for South American

Qatar Airways and Brazil's Gol start code sharing

Posted on 16 August 2011

http://www.arabianaerospace.aero/inc/thumbnail.php?img=../media/images/articles/4052.jpg&height=160&width=120Rio de Janeiro

Qatar Airways and Brazil´s Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes, have implemented a new code share agreement to connect travellers from Doha to 46 cities across Brazil through Sao Paulo Guarulhos International Airport.
With this new agreement, Qatar Airways’ customers are able to purchase a single itinerary combining flights on both carriers’ global networks, affording them the ease of one-stop ticketing and through baggage check-in. Qatar Airways, the national airline of the State of Qatar, operates daily non-stop flights between its Doha hub and Brazil’s largest city of Sao Paulo, using its flagship Boeing 777-200 Long Range aircraft. Configured with 42 seats in Business Class and 217 seats in Economy, every passenger in both classes has access to a fully interactive individual audio and video entertainment system

flyforfood1
16th Aug 2011, 16:00
Be careful, you are not in DXB ... ... not for the shisha ... for saying jeez!

Ah yes, forgot that rule, buried amongst all the other pathetic rules. Thanks :ok:

flighttimer
17th Aug 2011, 01:05
Anybody else invited for interview in Bahrain? :E
Second Officer.

Fly4Fun
17th Aug 2011, 16:10
Can someone kindly inform the average block hours for Captains on the A300-600 freighter fleet?

Thanks in advance.
Happy landings
F4F

SkyMan2011
17th Aug 2011, 19:35
Hello guys!
Does anyone here has interview for September 6th ?
Can we share experience?
:ok:

SkyMan2011
17th Aug 2011, 20:20
Hello guys! Does anyone here has screening for September 6th ?
:)

zman
17th Aug 2011, 21:09
I take it is a multiple choice test?

i have seen guys use ace book and JAA Airlaw is that right?

US ATP does not get into these type questions thats why im asking!

thx

qatari001
17th Aug 2011, 23:47
Fly4Fun expect an average of 50hrs. It can be more in a busy month but also less sometimes...

..Quagmire..
17th Aug 2011, 23:59
Greensman,

Not true

29486d28f808a6c37bc0
18th Aug 2011, 11:12
I received an offer for a First officer interview and replied confirming I will attend over a week ago. I have had no confirmation and have now started to search. I have been given a number which just rings out and now when I send an email to the email address which I received the invite from a reply is sent saying the mail box is full.

Any ideas or useful info as what to do next?

mineok65
18th Aug 2011, 13:41
Interview questions aside, there is a huge financial question to answer, hopefully from married guys in Doha. Is the possibility of divorce going to outweigh the benefits of taking a job with Qatar???
What's life like for the lady folk in town whilst the boys are off on trips? Do Western women get treated differently by the locals?
For a guy with two kids what's the standard of provided accommodation like and is there stuff for the short people to enjoy (both under five). Finally do many people employ an amar to help around the house like in HK ?
We're both good socialisers and love dinner parties etc , is there a good expat social network to enjoy like in Dubai ?
If we go we want to enjoy the experience as much as is possible, any thoughts ??

SkyMan2011
18th Aug 2011, 14:34
I have some friends living in Doha and his wifes are very happy.
They can develop a great social network there.
Their wifes can go shopping wearing shorts, dress, etc... and there is no problem about it. The city is very calm and in my opinion is the best place to raise our families.

SkyMan2011
18th Aug 2011, 14:46
Hello 29486d28f808a6c37bc0,
don´t worry they will confirm you onother email or something like that.
As they are receiving a lot of applications at the moment, we can expect some delay in the process.

FasterStronger
18th Aug 2011, 16:42
Hi! I've gone through 130 pages and most of it is pros and cons, but maybe someone could shed some light on the tasks of a second officer in Qatar? And the "fast track" - is it a fast track to see how others fly and you sit back or is it a fast track to first officer position?

All the best!

FS.

FlyingHigh330
18th Aug 2011, 18:27
If you come to Doha get used for delays, everything is delayed in this place!!

spanner the cat
18th Aug 2011, 19:32
Fasterstronger
You asked a similar question 3 or 4 pages previously and someone answered you (correctly). :hmm:

It's essentially extended F/O training.
Spanner

Ilija
18th Aug 2011, 21:55
Good evening gentlemen,

Maybe you can help me. I am a Turboprop TRI with a nice salary, housing
and very nice treatment in my company in Abu Dhabi. I am aware of all the problems in qatar airways, read all post. I 30y married 1 kid and dog have 3500 TT, no jet, no efis. I passed the interview and got offered a320 F/O. What you guys think, should i maybe stay with my current company and look for a better job (also offer 737 F/O and after 500h upgrade, but not so good company) or should i try Qatar Airways. I know that I need jet experience.

Thanks in advance

SkyMan2011
18th Aug 2011, 22:33
Ilija,
Are you still thinking my friend?
Don´t think twice and go there fly an excelent plane. I can sure that in a near future you will se that you made the correct choice.

Happy landings!

TJ1F
19th Aug 2011, 09:28
Hi Guys.. Just preparing for interview , i noticed on an earlier post that Dream Driver had written a very useful post on questions in the tech Exam... Is it just me or has that post been removed ?? if so would really appreciate if anyone could fwd it on.. Many thanks..

Capt Krunch
19th Aug 2011, 15:18
Ilija

IMHO and nothing more, you have to ask.. do you want to work for a good company and be treated like sh#t while working your azz off and being unhappy or would you rather for for a sh!tty company that treats you well and fly around happy ?
Thats basically what it seems like your choices are.

Furthermore, if you are really wanting the jet time then get something that will give you a quick left seat regardless of the company (it will be 4 to 5 years or more at QA). once you get some left seat time then apply for QA as a DEC, dont worry.. they will still be around and hiring then.

aviator_sultan
19th Aug 2011, 15:25
guys how many days usually before your interview until your supposed to get your ticket arrangement email ?

thanks in advance :)

Capt Krunch
19th Aug 2011, 16:03
aviator_sultan

can go as close as just a week before.

aviationboy
20th Aug 2011, 10:01
Turkpilot,

I highly doubt QR will stop recruitment and cancel courses, they have over a hundred new aircraft on the way. Who is going to fly them when everyone is leaving?? If you read back through this thread, there doesn't seem to be much talk of slow recruitment during 2008 either. :)

aviator_sultan
20th Aug 2011, 15:18
quick help guys,

im trying to pay through visa on latestpilotjobs.com but for some reason im forced to pick a state from within the USA, can anyone assist me on how to pay for it as an international purchase?

SkyMan2011
20th Aug 2011, 17:25
Try paypal. It´s the fastest and safer way to deal this situation.

Fly4Fun
20th Aug 2011, 19:21
Thanks qatari001.

So, one can expect to be sent for the A300-600 fleet if type rated on it?
As they have just 3 aircrafts it's fair to assume that this fleet will be phased out soon?

Thanks in advance
Happy landings
F4F

A330ETOPS
20th Aug 2011, 20:25
Hello, got an email last week inviting me for assessment on 24 sept (a320 fo). I then got an email 1hr later saying the assessment is on hold and they'll be back in contact in the near future. Has anybody else had this and how long is "near future"

Thanks

freddi16
21st Aug 2011, 05:38
Hi how long it takes to' be' call for the interview?
Thanks

Twinotterguy
21st Aug 2011, 09:12
Hi guys

I have some 1500 hrs on the twin otter, 1000+PIC on it. Will I be eligible for the fast track? I know it does meet the requirement but did anyone went on the big one with Twin otter time? Its said to be a one man pilot crew but almost all twin otter operations in the world are multi crew so how does qatar see this? and yes I have MCC too

SkyMan2011
21st Aug 2011, 12:45
Hi guys does anyone know the name of QR A320 Chief Pilot? Is he British?
Thanks! :ok:

Non Zero
21st Aug 2011, 15:26
are you based in Maldives?

... it looks like an MV curriculum, isn't it!

Twinotterguy
21st Aug 2011, 18:13
Nope I am not in Maldives, I am flying in Africa. Wanted to do a degree and move to management side of flying but since Qatar is doing fast track and it seems I meet the requirement so giving a try for that..so anyone on the same boat as me?

Dc10freak
22nd Aug 2011, 02:25
A330 I believe the reason why the assessment might be postponed is due to the pilot hiring having fallen from a motor bike and breaking a leg or some bones. Hopefully you will get re-schedule soon.

Cheers

Non Zero
22nd Aug 2011, 10:08
... you have all the numbers ... good luck!

freddi16
22nd Aug 2011, 11:26
Hello wich kind of medical assistance is included in the contract?

Thanks

clearedfortaxi
22nd Aug 2011, 14:17
I wonder if anyone can help me with the application for QR, on the form it asks for certain references( 2 business 1 personal ) which is not a problem. And in the work history section it just asks for employers and country/city etc.

Can anyone tell me if the references are the only people that QR will contact or would they also contact all of the current/previous employers.
:hmm:

minwas
22nd Aug 2011, 20:49
Hey guys,

is there anyone out there flying the 320 for QR willing to answer few questions I have concerning the job offer? If yes, please PM me. Got a few days to decide.

thanks,

minwas

Capt Krunch
23rd Aug 2011, 06:04
Dc10freak

That is definitely NOT the case.

Note: the hiring process does not revolve around 1 individual but rather a department of many. The airline interviews roughly a dozen (give or take) candidates daily, one man falling off a motorbike or a cliff for that matter would have no affect on the system as a whole.

perritopiloto
23rd Aug 2011, 08:22
Hi,
Does anyone know the aprox. rate interviewes/hirings.
It surprise me a bit that lots of applicants but still seems to be short of crews.
Is the skill at process so high?
Thanks for the info

PozativeR8
23rd Aug 2011, 09:40
There seems to be atleast a 70% failure rate in the interviews. Which is a fairly conservative figure. I have seen groups of 12 and all 12 fail = 100% .. recently a group of 5 or 6 came and all got thru = 100%
Some that get thru the process do not show up for the job in the end, and the story never ends.
so it's hit and miss.. but many people go home:eek: or stay home:cool:

PRate

nutwrencher
23rd Aug 2011, 10:05
PozativeR8 has summed it up very nicely!

And as he mentioned as a lot of people are always leaving (cabin crew now have a limit on how many can resign per day! :eek:) coupled with the massive expansion you can see what the problem is!

They've already only allowed us to take only 1week leave for the next 6 months :{

Non Zero
23rd Aug 2011, 10:10
Yes PR8 got the numbers correct ... lot of kills in the interview ... the bar has been constantly raised no matter what ... be prepared but must important, remember to be lucky (if you want to land the job)!

jonbj
23rd Aug 2011, 15:39
Hi colleagues! I went for the interview few weeks ago...we were 12 at the beginning, only 4 passed the first stage (technical test). I think that latestpilot database is a good support. I suggest to answer each question by using ace book or jeppesen manual. On the exam you will find some very strange question, take the time to answer, read carefully evey word. For the personnal inteview, i have had 1captain and a lady from HR. They do not put you under pressure, keep relax, but prepare the answers and some stories (latestpilot). Simulator assessement will be probably on A330, climbing on rwy heading (lhr rwy27), right or left turn to a special heading, then you will be asked on which radial you are....and to intercept a radial inbound. Approaching overhead station, vectors for downwind, visual circuit and landing. Take off again....and a non-normal situation (cargo fire, hot brakes, engine failure....)....brief your intention and course of action. Vectors landig ils raw data. Last 40mn. Qatar airways need pilots but i think that you have to be prepared, do not think that you will be hired just because of your experience and cv. I hope that this post will help you and wish you good luck.
I have a question... Do QR provide laptop for new joiners with cbt and company manual included?

Jbj

perritopiloto
23rd Aug 2011, 17:21
Thanks indeed for all your replies.
Really helpful.
First of all, will try to get an assessm. Then will try to pass it

aviator_sultan
23rd Aug 2011, 17:58
guys what if in your ticket arrangement email it only says interview and sim as a Second Officer? or did it say interview and sim only in all of your ticket arrangement emails ?

thank you

gdukkoq
23rd Aug 2011, 22:35
Do you fly economy or business to the interview. And what hotel do candidates usually stay?

jamieboy
24th Aug 2011, 03:11
Having just looked at flight global jobs I see that Qatar are using a recruitment agency to obtain (aero personnel) pilots. My offer of employment bond is 3 years and having to pay for 18 months 5500 riyals out my salary whereas the agent is offering bond of 2 years and no mention of the reduced salary. Anybody else care to comment?

Capt Krunch
24th Aug 2011, 05:50
First off
PozativeR8 figures are quite accurate and i would also say on the conservative side. The selection process not a walk in the park, you must be well studied or you will be going home just as soon as you arrive.

Do QR provide laptop for new joiners with cbt and company manual included?NO, your responsible to make sure you have the tools to accommodate.. (i.e. your own laptop)

Do you fly economy or business to the interview. And what hotel do candidates usually stay?
Business class usually, hotel are dependent on hotel space available in the country, but these days it's usually the Qatar Airways Oryx Rotana Hotel. it also could be anywhere in the city, Marriott, Ramada, Sheraton.. etc..etc.. it's not a big city and transport will be arranged so it does not matter where you stay.

Dream Driver
24th Aug 2011, 09:06
What?? No company iPad provided :rolleyes:

Black Pudding
24th Aug 2011, 11:20
Lion Air LOL

Dream Driver
24th Aug 2011, 11:22
Yeah, but you get 1500QR to fill the tank of your porsche ;)

I'm gonna apply to Lion air as well, after paying for a TR and paying to fly, they offer you an iPod, after a year, if you have not been sick :ugh: :} .

More serious stuff, it's getting worse than driving on the road: China investigates tiff between Juneyao, Qatar airlines -- Shanghai Daily | ???? -- English Window to China New (http://www.shanghaidaily.com/nsp/Business/2011/08/24/China%2Binvestigates%2Btiff%2Bbetween%2BJuneyao%2BQatar%2Bai rlines/)

DD :cool:

SkyMan2011
24th Aug 2011, 16:31
Good luck and enjoy your Ipod!!!

Dream Driver
24th Aug 2011, 18:35
SkyMan2011 you must be very,VERY tired :ooh:

RoyBoy20
25th Aug 2011, 00:05
Hello

Considering to apply for an F/O position. Current on the A320 for a loco in Europe and would be interested in joining however wouldn't bother making the move to fly the A320 again! Is there any chance to get on the A330/777?

Regards,

Obbie
25th Aug 2011, 00:33
You are typed on a airplane they operate and it is very under staffed.

What do you think ?:ok:

Miguel.
25th Aug 2011, 03:18
Royboy - think they should be able to slot you onto the A380 program.

Longhaul aircrafts, company iPad sshhh.....

Miguel.
25th Aug 2011, 03:20
FYI I am A320 fleet and left BA to come here. There are many many hard working FO and Capts on A320 fleet waiting for upgrade. You may need to try EK.

flyforfood1
25th Aug 2011, 15:14
I am A320 fleet and left BA to come here.

WHAT! :ugh::ugh::ugh:

SAND BALLS OF FIRE
25th Aug 2011, 15:26
"I am A320 fleet and left BA to come here."
look up in the dictionary, that's the new definition for beeing st#$$%d!!!!
no ofence:E

vserian
25th Aug 2011, 17:14
Why is he stupid? its his choice

Miguel.
25th Aug 2011, 17:18
The grass always appears greener on the other side.

Balls of fire, it is my choice. You may feel it's stupid considering it maybe where you wish to be, being an old boy.

SkyMan2011
25th Aug 2011, 18:44
Dont worry Miguel. everyone here has oun desires and needs.
The right choice for me couldn´t be yours.
Everyone has one point of view, and usually can be different from others.
There are a lot of reasons for a professional pilot leave his actual company and move to another around the world, eg. security, life style, family, roster, carrer growth, money, etc.
Once divert, never look back.
I don´t think you are stupid.
You did your choice and I wish you be happy about it. Thats the matter!

Non Zero
25th Aug 2011, 19:46
Hey look it in this way ... he is getting a very good retirement salary from BA, when you try to quantify 'very good' at least double it ... and he is getting the peanuts (compare to a BA retirement pay-check) for his grandsons Christmas presents!

zman
25th Aug 2011, 23:36
Hello guys,

can anyone at Qatar tell me if the bond is withdrawn from the start or once you are online? i have heard both can someone confirm!!!

i hope its after training so you have money coming from hrs flying!!

Miguel.
26th Aug 2011, 07:51
After final line check.

zman
26th Aug 2011, 12:18
thx Miguel are you there now?

Gypsy
27th Aug 2011, 07:19
Please can someone help with these questions; I am early fifties and looking at DEC and have previously done both long and short haul: -

Is the Capts pay the same on all fleets. How much can you expect to take home?

What is the retirement age?

I have 2 teenagers - any info on schools would be appreciated - which are most popular with expat famillies - how do the fees work out and how much is subsidised?

Thanks very much in advance

Non Zero
27th Aug 2011, 07:56
Is the Capts pay the same on all fleets. How much can you expect to take home? 10K$ - 12K$ without housing

What is the retirement age? 65

which are most popular with expat famillies - how do the fees work out and how much is subsidised? In Doha you have the best schools in the Middle East ... Cornell, Carnegie Mellon, Texas A&M ... but of course, not cheap!

Dream Driver
27th Aug 2011, 14:10
Hi Gypsy,

The Captain pay is the same on all fleets, expect a bit more on the 330/777 due to more overnights. Go to this website Qatar Airways jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Qatar_Airways) , the figures are accurate. you can add 1500QR for transport allowance and 400QR for telephone. Taking 80h/month seems to be a good average for the block hour calculation. I let you do the math.

You will be entitle up to a maximum of 105 000QR per annum for eligible children. There are many English school as described by Non Zero.

Good Luck
DD :cool:

Dream Driver
27th Aug 2011, 14:12
Dear fellow pilots :8
What is the best accomodation, the "holiday villas" which you can find here Holiday Villa Hotel Accomodation At Doha, Qatar (http://www.holidayvilladoha.com/) or "Ain Khalid Gate", sorry no link.
Maybe some of you tried both? Any pro and con?
Thanks
DD

aviationboy
28th Aug 2011, 01:40
geez you would be living in the lap of luxury over there :eek:

Gypsy
29th Aug 2011, 20:03
Non Zero and Dream Driver - thanks for your reply to my questions. Just one more if I may ; would they reimburse school fees elsewhere or do the kids have to be at school in Qatar?

Non Zero
29th Aug 2011, 20:18
... anywhere, happy!

zman
29th Aug 2011, 20:49
how is the company condo?

family with one child ?

can you get better going on your own?

nutwrencher
29th Aug 2011, 21:36
Zman to answer your questions:

Bond repayment depends on your rank at joining:

Capt/Fo - Repayment starts from day 1

So/ Fast Track So - Repayment starts from final line check

Housing

Yes you can get much better with the money outside, but they will not let you take the money now. You will have to put your name on the waiting list to leave company accom/ I think the waiting time is around 1yr at the moment but not 100% sure

MIke SieRRa
29th Aug 2011, 22:50
Any idea what the Fast Track SO salary is? There is no mention of it on the website. They only talk about the FO + Captains.
Also how long can you can expect before moving up to FO on the 320?

zman
30th Aug 2011, 01:14
so fos get type fee withdrawn from day one so all you are left with is 4500 a month?

that sucks since you wont get line pay until month 3 or 4!!!

how are those accomadations? any good ?

family of 3 plus a dog

menikos
31st Aug 2011, 13:12
Hello, is it right that during the process they don't focus too much on the sim as it is most of the time on the A330 and not easy to handle the first time for boeing rated people, my friend had a lot of trouble during him sim session and a little bit concern as it wasn't so good ?

Why they put boeing guys on the 330 sim, they cannot expect from them high standard itcs really tricky if you have to fight with the bird like my friend told me, I hope I'll do better than him.

Thx :ok:

Capt Aviator
31st Aug 2011, 14:20
MENIKOS:

If you don't mind. When did you and your friend apply?
When were you and your friend informed of the assessment date?
Did your friend make it?

Confirm both of you applied as F/O.

Cheers.

Capt Aviator
31st Aug 2011, 14:22
MENIKOS

Again if you don't mind.
When was your friend's and when is your assessment date?

Cheers.

Dream Driver
31st Aug 2011, 14:47
Thanks IThoughtTheredBeFood. What type of accommodation is in West bay, hotel apartments or condo-village? Any link maybe?
Cheers

blusky75
31st Aug 2011, 20:47
someone on this date? pm me :)

zerotohero
1st Sep 2011, 00:13
There is lots of different info on pay here, could someone put it in simple terms in US$ once on line as an F/O

ie.
Free Apartment
No Bills
Uniform Paid
$XXXX in your pocket to spend on hookers every month.

Done.

SkyMan2011
1st Sep 2011, 07:01
Hi blusky75,
I´ll be applying for 6h September.
Studying a lot my friend.
Good luck for us!

flyforfood1
1st Sep 2011, 07:28
Zerotohero:

Basic year one = QR21500
Hourly Rate = QR90 x 85 hours = QR7650
Layover Allowance = Avg QR2350 (this cannot be worked out as each place has its own amount for breakfast/lunch/dinner)
Transport Allowance = QR1500

Fleet dependant - Long Haul = Average 33000QR at todays rate -> $9065.

Can't speak for 320 as I have no idea, but less layovers and possibly lower hours as they do longer duty hours (which is NOT paid) :=

zerotohero
1st Sep 2011, 10:04
Thanks,

Is it likly you will get sqrewed onto the short haul fleet once you start? I am only interested in the Long Haul as working for Ryan at the min and had enough of going back to base after every flight.

I hear that they just lie and get you to the door then say your on the 320,, at which point I would be saying I am on the next 330 going home thanks.

Airmann
1st Sep 2011, 11:11
From what I've heard the 330 is doing 3.5hr India turn around's and night stops at exciting destinations, like sunny Dhaka, Bangladesh. The 330 is not flying to the greatest destinations. Can someone second this, its what I've heard.

flyforfood1
1st Sep 2011, 12:10
A330 destinations generally are:-

Munich
Zurich
Manchester
London Heathrow (shared with 777 and A346)
Brussels
Hong Kong
Kuala Lumpur
Phuket
Singapore (shared with 777)
Barcelona
Stockholm
Copenhagen
Dhaka
Bangladesh
Delhi (Any fleet)
Rome
Milan
Nice
Chennai
Riyadh
Dubai (shared with A320)
Geneva
Seoul
Lagos
Algeria
Tunis
Casablanca
Katmandu
Maldives
Karachi
Lahore
Islamabad
Peshawar
Jakarta
Cebu
Manilla (shared with 777)
Oslo (coming soon)

I'm sure there are a couple of others but generally that is what you'd have to go at. Bidding on the whole works well. They seem to be recruiting for ALL fleets just depends on total time and experience, don't think that just because you have Boeing time thats where you will go.....its a lottery, even if you're offered a course and get here, again don't be surprised if it changes. :E

Airmann
1st Sep 2011, 12:17
nope guess I was wrong, there are some nice ones on there, I guess when you have 100+ destinations every fleet is bound to have some nice routes (if you'll pardon the pun:p). More than a few on the 330.

Is Delhi a turn around? whats the flight time for the leg?

flyforfood1
1st Sep 2011, 12:30
Yes Delhi is a turnaround - I think 3.75 hours per leg. You'll be lucky if you see maybe 1 every 6 months if you bid for what you want/correctly. :}

I missed off:-

Hanoi
Saigon?
Bangkok?

Not sure about the bottom 2 anymore though.

menikos
1st Sep 2011, 14:01
Capt Aviator, it took about a month in a half for my friend to be called he just came back from Doha but he's very concern about his sim which wasn't good as he's not airbus rated, he had a lot of trouble to handle the big birg A330.

For me as I know that they are not honest regarding the fleet I know that they will put me on the A320 even if I ask for the B777 and I'm not interested so I wait before applying until I'll have enough hours to pretend for the big birds or simply waiting for the venue of the 787 it's just a matter of time.

nevilinio
1st Sep 2011, 17:44
Apologies if this has already been answered earlier on....

Does anybody have the full info on what an SO can expect pay wise until they pass the line check (Basic, hourly rates, type of accommodation etc etc)?

I'm rated on the A320 series now, so I'm guessing I'd be dumped onto that fleet if I were to get through the assessment.

As I'm already rated, can I assume that I won't be bonded?

Cheers,

Nev :ok:

Capt Krunch
2nd Sep 2011, 06:33
For me as I know that they are not honest regarding the fleet I know that they will put me on the A320 even if I ask for the B777

This is the only place I know where candidates NOT rated or experienced comes to an interview and tells them what fleet they want.
Just realize, guys who do that are definitely not put on the top of the pile.

For those who are wondering about the rest, yes, it has happened in the past where a candidate has been offered a specific fleet and upon arrival it was changed to another fleet due to commercial operational needs. That does not happen very often, but can happen.

Turbo-prop pilots as well as tiny jet pilots coming and stomping their feet, banging on tables wanting a widebody fleet, only makes for a good laugh at the water cooler. it does not help your cause.

alinda
2nd Sep 2011, 06:42
Is it agood idea for get sponsorship because i like
:rolleyes:

menikos
2nd Sep 2011, 11:05
Menikos

What they are looking for is the Basic, such as if the approach is not stable would he Go Around or continue.....
Just the basics

I understand but when you never flew the airbus how can you be so prepared I think it takes more than 2 shoots to be confident and stabilized and as far as I know the ceiling that day was 2500 OVC so if you can make it visual in that case you do down to 500ft and no need to G/A but for me it's unfair even if you G/A nothing guarantee you that the next approach will be ok.

I still don't understand the point to use airbus sim for boeing rated pilots.

Gypsy
2nd Sep 2011, 13:20
A question about the medical. Does anyone know if they have a BMI limit?

vlatkomk
2nd Sep 2011, 16:15
What are the odds of getting on with QA with a misdemeanor offense? A&B.

infiniti757
3rd Sep 2011, 20:17
Interviewing next month. I have actually read all 3060 replies to this post ( I am a nerd). I don't get a real clear picture of how the housing is set up out there. I'm married with a daughter, 4 years old.

What type of housing will we be provided?
Where will it be?
Does QR have a single unified housing facility for flight crew or is it all spread about?

I've read about Ain Khaled Gate, some new Barwa complex, Falcon Tower, Pearl Tower and Holiday Villas.

Does anyone have a comprehensive breakdown of the different flight crew accommodations? CA vs FO? Single vs Married? Children or no? Ease of access to the airport? Parking situation? Etc. etc...

I understand there will be some variation but any info is appreciated, especially from someone who is on property. Thanks so much.

skyflyer737
4th Sep 2011, 15:56
Hi - I am considering going to the QR Open day in London next week. Just wondering what the format of the day is and whether they do interviews there or is it simply an information session?

Pilots Open Days - UK | Qatar Airways (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/pilots-opendays-uk.html)

Thanks
SF737

Sephore
4th Sep 2011, 17:54
Hello,

coming back from Doha for the interview everything ran smooth until the sim, it was a long day and had to wait until the middle of the night for my turn. I was very tired and to be honest I had a lot of problem to handle the airbus (not rated) and with the fatigue my CRM was very poor even forgetting to call for the after T/O checklist as I was trying to keep the big bird on the limit.

To be honest I'm a little bit frustrated as I wasn't as good as I should be and as I use to be when I'm flying the 737.

Nevertheless they are very nice, they don't put any pressure on your shoulder I think they just want be sure that you have a good CRM and good basic flying even if it is difficult because it's a fly by wire and without previous experience it was for me very difficult.

All the best for those who are going to attend the interview (don't expect the T7 it is clearly for the A320 except if you have widebody experience or a lot of hours, but who knows)

Sephore
4th Sep 2011, 20:59
Hello,

we were 7 only 1 failed the ATPL test.

Cheers.

B767PL
4th Sep 2011, 21:06
Sephmore,

Can you confirm whether any of the gouges on the ATPL test have been accurate that you have seen? What did you use to prepare?

You may have felt it went weak in sim, but perhaps they saw different. Best of luck.

Sephore
5th Sep 2011, 10:30
Hello,

well for the ATPL not so accurate many questions not in the file I have but still able to answer it is JAA questions so for the FAA guys it might be a little bit diffucult but they can definitely make it.

I know that I made mistakes as I saw the examiner correcting my test but still below 10 mistakes so I knew it was a pass.

Believe me my sim was terrible the worst in all my life if I do it again I'll know what to expect regarding how to fly the airbus so it will be easier.

All the best :ok:

blusky75
5th Sep 2011, 15:43
Hi Folks, just my feedback...

strating from the travel,, very excellent..I ve been lucky and the Business class was free on both flights!...quality on board really excellent!! hotel fantastic... but let s talk of the assessment:)

we were in 6, with different experience , everybody for FO position...

we started with a presentation and a 330 cpt briefing us abou what to espect from that day and from the Company .

QUIZ: without preparation are very very difficult..JAA stuff, most of the questions about performance....i did an high score ( i saw it during the personal interview)....how i prepare: i did 1000 times all the quiz that it s possible to get around,...personally a friend of mine gave me all the material...i had to correct few questions which were not correct but u can see easily coz sometimes u find 2 times the same question with different answer!! If u have time read ACE Technical pilot int, the chapter regarding aerodynamic, performances and meteo...i read it once but enough to clean my brain from the dust!

ps: all passed the test

HR INTERVIEW: they gave us an hour for the interview.... they were 2 cpts, 1 fo and 1 from hr... they worked in 2 different rooms so basically only 2 are interviewing u.
very straightforward...BE urself ...it starts with "talk about u" then they start to ask examples ( tell me 1 hard day at job, the time u improve the moral of the crew , etcc)... just focus on ur daily life...for sure if you have been flying for years u can find something that fits perfectly....i was quite nervous even if i answered to all) ...it lasts 1 hour circa afterwards hey let u wait 5 min out of the room and then someone will come to give u an envelope....they said to me congratulations and in the envelope there was the appointment for the sim....

5 out of 6 passed,

SIM: 330 and also 320 if free..... very friendly cpts, they help u and don t press u...they tell u that u are there coz they need u and don t wanna let u fail....my first experience on Airbus....very surprised for what i did....IMORTANT.. they brief u very well and give u suggestion how to operate the sidestick..if u follow them u ll do good!!! it s very nice to fly!! and a lot of space..

take off, some turns and climb/descent.... intercept 1 radial and vector for cisual and land...2nd t.o...vector ils, some failure ( they ask u what u woul do) and vectors for ils...between 40min and 1 hour... it depends maybe on ur performance....

I hope this can help,

Be calm, relaxed, i met only very nice people, high standard and i think a nice place where to work....about the bad things that people are saying...maybe it is true, i don t know but any company ha spositive and negative things...just personal decision!! i don t know what my result will be but i m very happy for what i did and this is enough!! Good luck to everybody !!!!

gdukkoq
5th Sep 2011, 21:06
Thanks blusky 75 this is a very helpful feedback, got mine coming in 2 weeks. Hope you get the job!

imnotwhoyouthinkiam
6th Sep 2011, 08:59
Hi guys, I'm going for the QR interview soon and would like to ask about sporting a light beard? Do you think I should shave it off or not, its a light one, its not a full length beard, but I heard that QR are pretty strict about these things and that it might not come off well with them.

Capt Krunch
6th Sep 2011, 11:31
I have a beard, Do you think I should shave it off or not
I heard that QR are pretty strict
it might not come off well with them.

you ask a question then answer it for yourself.. good job :ok:

To be honest with you.. there is plenty of facial hair in this part of the world.. BUT remember one thing, you never get a second chance to make a First impression.

menikos
6th Sep 2011, 13:55
imnotwhoyouthinkiam

simple question why it should be a problem ? do you think they are going to fail you because you have a light beard ??? come on, it's not the USA it's Qatar.

I fly and I have a beard and I won't shave it to make people happy and like Capt Krunch told many people with beard even in Qatar Arways this week I saw a captain on the 340-600 with a light beard as it doesn't interfere with the oxygen mask you are fine.

All the best for your interview.

menikos
6th Sep 2011, 14:00
Capt Krunch

can you confirm that most of the people will be offer a position on the A320 except if you have wide body experience regarding the T7 or A330.

Thanks.

maestro82
6th Sep 2011, 15:09
Soon the assessment, same question...Any chance to get the B 777?

LADY PISCES
7th Sep 2011, 03:38
hello CAPT KRUNCH
u seem to know almost everythin about QR....kindly guide us about MEDICAL too....what are QR MEDICAL PROCEDURES for PILOTS and how FLEXIBLE they are.....weight...BMI....thanks...
waiting for ur kind reply
take care

Aymane
7th Sep 2011, 05:10
QATAR AIRWAYS = JAIL

loc22550
7th Sep 2011, 07:00
"Qatar Airways=jail"
Well still remain deeply convinced that commuting contract(especially for 320 skippers) would probably solve LOTS of problems here...unfortunately(and despite several rumors) it's not on the agenda.

Lady Pisces,Gypsy...
Don't worry to much about your BMI...don't think there is any upper limit here,if there is one, it must be pretty high!:uhoh:
The rest.. standard: Blood test, X-ray.ECG, eyes, ears,urine.. test.
No need to be fit as an astronaut.

flightyme
7th Sep 2011, 09:16
Hey Folks,

Had the interview at the end of August. 8 of us started on the test only one didnt pass.... Easy enough, ther are two different tests on the day and they are alternated between us so the person next to you does'nt have the same test. Most of the questions are here or on latestpilotjobs.com but easy enough to read the ACE tech exam book.

the interview is simple enough... All the questions are as stated here (no surprises). they are just trying to find out if you can blend in to the enviroment and are not a psycho... The sim starts late midnight almost.. as I'm a Boeing guy flying the airbus was not as easy and didnt go as I would have liked... I got the feeling though that they were more interested in CRM and decision making if you are not stable on the approach by 1000' make sure you call for GA..... The examiner was the 777 fleet captain and a nice guy. They try thier best to relax you and tell you after the sim it would take 2-3 weeks for a response, However in the indoc they tell you a response should be given in about a week... I've been waiting for a reply now for almost two weeks... If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer..

Good luck to all.

blusky75
7th Sep 2011, 14:23
i think u got the job...usually the send negative answer within 10 days....i hope i won t receive the mail in these period :)

Sephore
7th Sep 2011, 15:12
Hello,

for me it was terrible my 2 approaches were very bad chasing the ILS trying to stabilise the A330 but didn't G/A because at once I was visual I was able to stabilise it and land without any problem but it doesn't mean that I made the good choice.

Almost 10 days already we'll see but I'm not confident at all after my sim.

Hope for the best :ok:

F14
7th Sep 2011, 15:50
Hi, are you guys looking at DEC of FO positions?

blusky75
7th Sep 2011, 19:47
First officer position

F14
7th Sep 2011, 20:24
Thanks Blusky 75.

Does anybody have any idea on the breakdown of courses for next year?

Type, Non Type FO and DEC ?

Also how is the internal CU pass rate? I guess this would indicate the situation for DEC courses.

halild1
8th Sep 2011, 08:13
Hi everbody.I was invited to recruitment process on 23rd oct 2011.I think they plan courses on DEC . Because i m not type rated.

ex military f-16 pilot
new b757 pilot

A21
8th Sep 2011, 11:52
Hi Guys!
I just got an offer from QA to fly the A300. I would like to get some feedback about the roster and future of the A300.
I looked some info about in the post but not luck at all?

Thanks

Capt Aviator
8th Sep 2011, 12:03
Congrats A21!!

What position did you apply for and when did you apply?

Capt Aviator

blusky75
8th Sep 2011, 18:38
A21 but arr u rated on A300?

B767PL
9th Sep 2011, 02:51
Does anybody know what are some A320 destinations, or where the A320 destinations can be found?

A21
9th Sep 2011, 08:45
Well I got a position as FO and I am not rated (DC-9 rider).
Any one got some info about the routes with A300.

Thanks.

blusky75
9th Sep 2011, 10:28
maybe I mistake but I think the A300 flies only Cargo Flights.. but dunno where... i think i read it somewhere...

gdukkoq
9th Sep 2011, 14:32
Im suppose to fly to doha next week for the interview, and i havent received any tickets or hotel confirmation yet. I have sent 2 emails to them without reply. Should i be worry yet? I have paid my airline tickets already to join the QR network :ugh:

blusky75
9th Sep 2011, 16:58
I got my ticket 5 days before... I sent them an emailjust to be sure and they answered me with the ticket

gdukkoq
9th Sep 2011, 21:35
Alright but now its the week end, and it seems the guy who I was talking to no longer works there, and I heard it is a real mess. I hope they will get sort out in time

agvmia
9th Sep 2011, 22:06
Does anyone know, preferably a current pilot, if the training bond is prorated, decrease every month?

DemarcoV11Heavy
9th Sep 2011, 23:27
Previous posts are pretty spot on: Interviewed August 2011, First Officer

Business Class to Doha, everyone on staff I encountered was extremely gracious, courteous and nice. These attributes were perpetuated by the hiring managers and pilots that conducted the assessment in Doha.

Day One:

8 am refreshments and coffee served as the 10 of us waited near the conference room to begin.

Logbooks, medicals and documents taken for review.

Short introduction to Qatar Airways by one of the airline's Airbus Captains. Informational session that includes description of compensation package, accommodations, medical benefits, transportation allowance, and other similar details.

3 Phases for the assessment

Phase 1
Written test:
50 questions JAA/FAA ATPL questions, most gouges you come across are spot on regarding these questions. Study them along with the ATPL test bank and you'll be fine. .

Phase 2:
Panel Interview:
2 pilots, and an HR professional, this was the most relaxed of any phase. GIVE SPECIFIC EXAMPLES when asked about certain experiences while flying for your company. The capitalization in the previous sentence should suffice as to how you should approach the questions posed to you.

Phase 3:
Simulator Assessment

A330
You will be sent the profile prior to traveling for the interview. Image or chair fly and learn the pitch and power settings (important to have at least a ballpark target). I had no prior Airbus experience, I studied the profile and listened to the evaluator about how to decipher information on PFD. The airbus side yoke is particularly sensitive, just try to stay calm and rely on basic skills to help you. That was it. Also try to rest up as much as you can during your break between panel and sim. You may have to enter the sim pretty late and fatigue is the enemy of a decent sim ride, specifically if you don't have Airbus time.

No word yet, hopefully the hiring managers are planning classes and are waiting to assign aircraft before they send a decision.

pm me for more details.

capt_j
12th Sep 2011, 06:33
I am scheduled for Oct. 19.

What kind of logbook authentication do they want? Stamps? Letters?

blusky75
12th Sep 2011, 18:45
I just gave showed them all my logbooks. All pages with the Company's stamp

gdukkoq
12th Sep 2011, 19:04
Schedule to go for my interview in 3 days, no tickets received yet... No reply to my emails... :ugh:

turbine100
12th Sep 2011, 19:53
Qatar was suppose to have a open day at Heathrow today which was advertised in Flight International. However they were not their at the Radisson.

EGAC_Ramper
12th Sep 2011, 19:57
Regarding the open day they were at the Renaissance Heathrow not Radisson.

Regards

Bigbus330
12th Sep 2011, 20:05
Same tomorrow. Changed from Radisson Blue at MAN, to Renaissance in the city.

gdukkoq
13th Sep 2011, 17:52
2 days left still waiting on my tickets and hotel reservation... HELP!

blusky75
13th Sep 2011, 18:05
call them!

blusky75
13th Sep 2011, 18:07
today is a good day!! I got the job....now waiting to know the dates and the fleet!!! they have been very fast ...less than 10 days for the answer...

Hope everybody can make it!!

Happy Landinsgs

gdukkoq
13th Sep 2011, 20:43
I'm very happy for you, I hope I'll get the job as well. Enjoy!

Capt Aviator
13th Sep 2011, 20:58
BLUSKY75

Congratulations on your recent success!!!

Capt Aviator

safelife
13th Sep 2011, 21:16
blusky75, happy you made it! Did they assign you to a fleet already? Are you rated on any of their aircraft types?

blusky75
14th Sep 2011, 06:37
Thank you guys!
no, i m not rated on their aircrafts...i fly the 737, so i supppose it will be 320 but i haven t got this comunication yet.

CDNATPL
14th Sep 2011, 20:24
Has anyone been getting interviews or offers with just the command heavy turboprop time? I am wondering if only people with jet time are getting considered at this time.

Thanks

CadetPilot
14th Sep 2011, 21:18
I recieved my confirmation yesterday that I would recieve a contract hopefully in the coming few weeks.
I am a fresh graduate (Normal S/O).

Short listed on december last year.
I believe they are still busy with guys that were shortlisted early this year.
I could be wrong.

Good luck to all! :ok:

Sephore
15th Sep 2011, 14:59
Bluesky75,

congratulations, can I ask you when you passed the interview ? hope you will have the T7 but at least you have a job even on the A320 you have to think about your career not a specific plance.

Well done :D

Non Zero
15th Sep 2011, 15:21
even on the A320 you have to think about your career not a specific plance

Guys ... 320 is not that bad ... expect also same very nice destinations ... upward mobility and on the long run ... a pretty stable job in a sunny part of the world ;)!

blusky75
16th Sep 2011, 07:19
txh Sephore....yes u have reson! i think the same, a job is a job and as pilot i would fly any kind of aircraft...mine was just a dream... i am happy anyway :)
I did the assessment on the 4th Sept.

Dc10freak
16th Sep 2011, 21:27
Hello guys,

I'f anybody here has gotten their job offer from QR and you are joining on November 13 Th, please send me a pm.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,
Dc10freak

Non Zero
17th Sep 2011, 11:53
Hey Lady
nothing to fear ... just a standard JAA medical (ECG, blood test, urine test... easy easy) but instead of calling it JAA they call it QCAA ... that's it! :ok:

LADY PISCES
17th Sep 2011, 12:44
yes he is on 777.......may b procedures have been changed now.....he was called for interview in end on JUNE 2011...and got straight away offer letter after almost a MONTH....and he is joining end of this month...good luck to u too

blusky75
17th Sep 2011, 12:51
They sent me an email telling me i passed the interview and within 4 weeks i will receive the job offer and fleet assignment.... Thats all..What about ur friends? 320? Maybe it depends on the starting date...

maddog37
17th Sep 2011, 12:58
Does anyone know how long it takes to join the company after the interview?

Non Zero
17th Sep 2011, 13:04
my Lady ... if you have an ICAO class 1 there's nothing to worry about the QCAA class 1!

blusky75
17th Sep 2011, 13:43
wow...B777...he waited a long period to get the answer but at the end he got the 777:) they took only a week to give me the positive answer...now lets see if they take all the 4 weeks to send me the letter with the fleet assignment...i mhappy anyway but very curious to know where i ll go ;)

iranair
17th Sep 2011, 15:09
How long till they give you an interview date after you fill out the online app?

blusky75
17th Sep 2011, 17:56
just 3 days!

330airbus
17th Sep 2011, 21:23
Did QR change the FCOMs to the newer ones?

zman
18th Sep 2011, 02:47
anyone have the most recent latestpilotjob gouge from the interview!
or is it the same that was posted a while back?

Iver
18th Sep 2011, 13:33
When are the first 787s expected to arrive (given the delays)? Will they get primarily the 787-900 version? If so, what would be the likely delivery schedule "assuming" Boeing can get it's act together and start deliveries to ANA in 2011? Should we expect to see Qatar 787s in 2013?

A more general question: would both Airbus and existing Boeing pilots be able to bid the 787s or would Airbus pilots stay on Airbus aircraft? Not sure if there is a policy on bidding different fleets (do you stay on your fleet or can you bid across fleets)?

SkyMan2011
18th Sep 2011, 15:49
iranair,

After apply online expect to be invited for interview in a few days.
In my case, I got the email after 4 days! Very quick I think.
Cheers! :ok:

F14
18th Sep 2011, 17:25
I noticed in the on-line application, they ask for height & weight info... Are there limits? I applied a while back and never heard anything except automatic reply. Do they inform you if you are not invited to Doha?

zerotohero
18th Sep 2011, 19:49
Just looking at filling in the application,

where it says Advance Notice,,, and Date of Availability,,, what exactly is that for???? notice to interview or notice to give to current employer,,, and date of availability,,, if thats to interview in Doha then I cant really give a date as such as it depends on lots of factors.

anyone a bit more of a clue about it?

blusky75
18th Sep 2011, 20:14
i put as advanced notice the notice period of my present employer, and as date of avaibility when i could join the comapny..dunno if it was correct but they called me :)

zerotohero
18th Sep 2011, 20:17
Sounds good enough advice, thanks for that

gdukkoq
19th Sep 2011, 08:55
Anyone knows how many sectors a fast track SO must do before becoming a FO?

Capt Aviator
19th Sep 2011, 10:09
I believe it's 46 sectors....approx 2 months in a A320 and 3 months in a A330, so I was told.

gdukkoq
19th Sep 2011, 13:22
Thanks Capt Aviator

gb777
20th Sep 2011, 04:51
Quick question : is it true that the educational assistance is only applicable
to schools within qatar? (Coudn't find this info with a search...)
Thanks in advance.

jamieboy
20th Sep 2011, 08:58
I was sent this with the joining information pack:

Do I get any assistance with registering my children and school fees?

You will be provided with a list of schools. However you will be responsible for admissions. Assistance with children’s school fees is a benefit applicable to certain grades and would reflect in your offer of employment. This assistance is provided whether the children are schooling overseas or in Doha and reimbursement requires submission of original invoices. Please note that the subsidy covers only school registration and tuition fees and does not cover costs of books, sports fees, transport, extra tuition, boarding fees, etc.

Has the policy changed? Would also appreciate any feedback?

spanner the cat
20th Sep 2011, 21:05
Jamieboy - Don't think the policy has changed.

TT
Don't know how EK factor their hours. If you mean what gets logged and credited towards annual hours then as A Crew (operating flight) you log 100% of flight. B Crew (relief crew) log 50% of flight. You get flight pay for 100% both ways.

Spanner

drfaust
20th Sep 2011, 22:54
GB777, at the roadshow in LHR the recruitment gentlemen informed everyone that this allowance is usable all over the world and not just in Qatar.

NGFellow
21st Sep 2011, 10:56
Are all the F/O positions for the A320 as the website announcement or will they hire F/O's on the WB

flyforfood1
21st Sep 2011, 15:02
Depends on your experience generally, if your Airbus rated don't be surprised if thats where you end up, again, generally if you have over about 3000 hours total you may find your way onto one of the WB fleets.

This of course could be all subject to change at the last minute though, you may have flown Boeing all your life and end up on an Airbus....but then at least you'll have both on your licence for when you get fed up. :ok:

F14
21st Sep 2011, 15:10
Guys, did anybody get an invitation to Doha after filling in the form at the Roadshows?

How about the QF and TCX crews, they were mentioned as being "in talks" with Qatar ?

29486d28f808a6c37bc0
21st Sep 2011, 18:33
Does anyone know if Qatar allows class D sim time to be included in the 1,000 hours requirement? In my case it would be of the multiengine jet aircraft category, the sim of the same aircraft type.

gdukkoq
21st Sep 2011, 21:20
Really WB ? coz I have over 3000 hrs, just got back from Doha, and i'm now waiting for the sim result. Applied as a SO fast track coz I'm missing a few jet hrs for the FO.
But does anyone here has been hired as a fast track, coz it's still a little blurry, even during the panel interview they didn't know how many sectors etc...

TwoTone-7
21st Sep 2011, 23:48
46 Sectors as Fast Track SO. Could be done in as little as 3 - 4 months of flying.

TwoTone-7
21st Sep 2011, 23:49
Can get on WB with as little as 2000 hours.

jonbj
22nd Sep 2011, 01:50
Hi there
Anyone knows how many sectors a new fo on b777 has to expect before final line check?
Thanks a lot

aviationboy
22nd Sep 2011, 03:54
blusky and skyman....

Surely not many people would be called for interview 3 DAYS after submitting an application..... I heard back after 2 weeks, then nothing for 6 weeks now. Fast track though so it could be different. :ugh:

blusky75
22nd Sep 2011, 06:57
i know...i was not especting to be called in 3 days but they did...and after the interview...when i got the mail i thought was a negative response cz i had heard they usually take longer to give u a positive feedback but when i opened it i was surprised to see it was the answer i was waiting for....now they said within 4 weeks i ll know the fleet and joining date...at today 1 week has passed..

21-Lancer
22nd Sep 2011, 07:07
Hi guys.

I asume the only way to apply is the QA Careers Webpage. Am I right?
I'd like to know if there is any other option, because I'd liek to try it. I just want to be sure my application and my files are at least viewed by somewone in recruitment team.
Another question: are there any restrictions for format of uploaded files? Are .pdf files ok? Because I saw on another thread someone writing that .pdf files are not searchable by many of the recruiters software, and unfortunately my entire portofolio is in .pdf format.

Thanks in advance!

gdukkoq
22nd Sep 2011, 08:14
Heard they got 2000applications for FO, and they need more people to accelerate the process. Also heard that the cancell some flights on the320 because they don't have enough crew. When I was there they were interviewing around 8 pilots per day. 5 days a week.

iranair
22nd Sep 2011, 10:54
qatar are struggling to find fligh deck crew. yet they take a long time to get back when you fill out the online application !
5 days on and still nothing .. kinda getting the feeling that i wont get to do the interview after all !

imnotwhoyouthinkiam
22nd Sep 2011, 11:05
Guys, please do not assume that Qatar Airways gets back to people withing the same time frame. There are lots of factors, i.e. your own qualifications, dates of the interview, i.e. if there's an interview around the corner etc. There are FOs that got called for Interviews after 3 days, there are Second Officers who are finally joining after 1 1/2 years of waiting.

iranair, you've waited 5 days and you're getting impatient!? what is 5 days and what is 1 year. All you can do is give in your application and then get on with things.

Don't assume that you're going to have the same experience as other applicants.

iranair
22nd Sep 2011, 11:11
i highly appreciate your point, but my experience is more than enough for the First officer position. I had been told before that Qatar Airways are very sluggish when it comes to giving out interview dates !

Capt Krunch
22nd Sep 2011, 11:59
iranair

You do realize that the airline is interviewing 8 to 12 candidates 5 times per week and this is set up months in advance, tickets, visas, hotel accommodations and the like, not to mention that we must have the man power to conduct the interviews such as sim time and don't forget the immigration regulations that might restrict the airline and another company's in Qatar based on nationality and numbers. how do you expect to receive a call for a interview date and skip the rest of the administration details that apply. Take a deep breath mate there are allot of very experienced F/O's and Capts in the queue ahead of you.

iranair
22nd Sep 2011, 12:03
Very direct and somewhat aggressive reply mate, I'm not kid, i do understand all the complications involved, the point i made was based on other peoples experiences
But thanks

Black Pudding
22nd Sep 2011, 13:09
but my experience is more than enough for the First officer position

I have lots of friends with lots of hours who applied and never heard back.

Chill out, relax and get on with life looking for a job.

As for wide body. What you get offered at the interview or even when you arrive may not be what you actually end up flying. They can do what they want here and if you don't like it, live with it or leave. Simple as that.

I am on the 320 fleet and I am very happy. Rosters are crazy but I have 2 choices, get on with it or leave. I am happy to stay at the moment as its a secure job as long as you dont f@ck up. Has lots of prospects too. Time to command is about 3-5 years and where else could you possibly in time get the chance to fly 319 320 321 330 340 350 380 787 777, oh and the freighter 300's !!!!!

Those that whine on here are those that like to find something to moan about. They are a very minority and in general most guys and girls are ok with things although the worst thing here is the rostering. Its mad because of short of crews I think.

Money is paid on time evrytime, accomodation is provided and aircraft are well maintained. So far, I have never ever felt pressured into doing something I should not be doing and I am very happy.

You work hard, but you tell me where there is a better job, and if anyone says Emirates, well maybe if your already not in the dessert, but if your already here, the sand and the camels all look the same.

The 320 fleet, its the future LOL

330airbus
22nd Sep 2011, 13:33
Black Pudding,

" I am happy to stay at the moment as its a secure job as long as you dont f@ck up."

Can you please elaborate on this
What is considered to "f@ck up" in QR exactly?

Black Pudding
22nd Sep 2011, 13:36
exactly like any :mad: up at any other airline. Its simple, do your job, don't be an idiot and dont do anything you shouldn't.

I go to work, do my job and make sure I return home safely with my license in hand. Its that easy.

And make sure you wear your hat, its his train set, do as he wants and smile and when you're on days off, drink beer and forget about it all :-) :)

TwoTone-7
22nd Sep 2011, 15:07
Iranair, QR seem far too inefficient for you work style. Perhaps finding work in the EU would be a better option for you?

iranair
22nd Sep 2011, 15:46
hahaha , well they seem like a good airline .. i've flown with them a few times and they seem to be doing a good job. I was just wondering about the time it takes for them to offer you an interview date !! :ok:

jonbj
22nd Sep 2011, 17:00
Hi there i would like to know if qr provides temporary accomodation on joining date or it will be directly the final accomodation? Thanks!!

blusky75
22nd Sep 2011, 20:35
I understood they send you to your final accomodation...

flighttimer
22nd Sep 2011, 21:13
I believe as a SO though they initially put you in an accomodation with a partner, I doubt that's the final accomodation you're set in though.

I could be wrong..

Caras
22nd Sep 2011, 21:55
Good evening, i am new on this forum. I am thinking about applying as fo for qr. But i have a question regarding medical check on joining if successful. So, i have some tatoos (4) in the small on my back and one on each shoulder so not in sight when dressed. Should i abondon right now the idea of joining qr?
Sorry for this stupid question :)

gdukkoq
23rd Sep 2011, 02:00
As long as it doesnt show with your uniform why would that be a problem?

Caras
23rd Sep 2011, 02:28
I dont know the standards there about that......whatever thanks for the reply.

toby320
23rd Sep 2011, 03:02
Hi, does anybody know what to expect if I have an offer to join qatar on A320 fleet as pic and I 'm type rated on A320.?

Tks

Toby.

TwoTone-7
23rd Sep 2011, 06:53
Toby - if you are typed on A320 and joining as DEC then 95% certain you will be on A320.

Caras - if your tattoo's are not visible when dressed then no problem.

Jonbj - they will put you in final accommodation. Unless if you are an SO then you will share a 2 - 3 bedroom apartment with another SO till your final line check. Exemption is if you are an married SO then you will get a 2 bedroom apartment followed by a 3 bedroom after your final line check.